Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it start at five o'clock hour here on a Monday afternoon. Appreciate you hanging out with us. It is coffee and company fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Before we dive back in here and you know, discuss a lot from the weekend. I'll reset my thoughts on what happened on Saturday and rep arena and also share for those of you that didn't hear it in the three o'clock hours, sort of how I ended up experiencing this game and I don't like the result.
Speaker 3: But the way.
Speaker 2: I'll explain, I was gonna try to give you a quick rundown is where I was headed.
Speaker 3: But you'll just have to wait for it.
Speaker 2: And it's not like some crazy, wild story that you got I won't believe, but just give me a moment and I'll explain. But there's something that that that has been happening with me lately that I I don't like. I'm not big on conspiracies. I certainly believe in a higher power, but I'm not somebody out there looking for things to be like a sign for me in regards to like my life, if that makes sense, right, Like, I just that's not That's not how I'm wired. But in the last two weeks I find myself randomly looking at my phone just because you know, I'm picking it up off my lap when I'm on the recliner, or maybe I'm picking it up off my desk in the morning. And there are certain times that you see that you know might catch your eye, like if you pick up your phone or just look at the clock and you see that it's three twenty seven, Like, you know, that's pretty random. If you know you see the time is four twenty, you know, you might go back to your inner teenager and think that that's funny, or you know, maybe like light a blunt. I don't know, but nine to one one is the time nine to eleven I have, I swear to you. In the last two weeks, it at least and there's really aren't that many times within a two week period where it can be either nine to eleven AM or nine to eleven PM. At least eight times I have just randomly looked at my phone and that was the time, and it's.
Speaker 3: Starting to freak me out. Oh you know what, like it it makes sense.
Speaker 2: I don't really, I'm not somebody that's like worried and like thinking I need to go, like you know, pray or something or.
Speaker 3: Look outside your window. Yeah, but like that of.
Speaker 2: All times to consistently just you know, end up looking to see what time it is for it to be nine to one one in both the morning and in the evening. It's actually happened more in the mornings than the evening. But like I'm choosing to believe it's completely random and it's just a weird thing. Sure, but like if others are more so into believing of signs and and whatnot, like that's kind of trippy, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nine eleven is kind of scary. Well not even if, of course you think about the significance.
Speaker 2: So when people hear nine to eleven now they think of September eleven.
Speaker 4: Yes, but I mean just the emergency aspect of nine to eleven can kind of freak you out and shivers up your spine, especially if you just happen to look up and see that I'm I'm probably I think everyone also does this or everyone has a sim I always look up when it's always for whatever reason, my random number is eleven eleven. I don't know if that just happens to be like a thing. It seems a good luck I've always heard that, but it seems like everyone that I told everyone has said, well everyone everyone sees that, and everyone just always says it's a coincidence. But sometimes I don't believe in coincidences. Yeah, and I love a good conspiracy to your point, as far as what well I guess to other people's.
Speaker 2: Point, like you do remember times because of like that, Like if you see eleven eleven or four forty four, you know, like you're gonna remember that more than you remember numbers that don't match up like that. And maybe nine eleven PM or nine eleven AM is one that just stands out to me. And that's why I'm thinking, like, wait a second, that's weird. But still I don't I'm sure it's a little bit of both, but like the chances of that happening is really rare for me. But again, maybe I don't even remember how many times I reference throughout the day my phone to see you know what timon is but you're right, nine to eleven.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Before that happened, of course, one of the biggest tragedies that happened in the history. You'd say nine to eleven, and people would think of the time, like, are you know it's nine eleven now? Just hearing nine to eleven, you know, people could be referring to it being the time of the day, nine to eleven PM or nine eleven AM. But I guarantee the first thing that comes to your mind is the World Trade Center. I mean, that's just kind of how we are, unfortunately programmed now. But anyways, if you like, if you are some kind of a I was gonna say a witch doctor, but maybe you don't have Maybe maybe that's an insult.
Speaker 3: I don't really know what that is.
Speaker 2: But like there's somebody that's, you know, into those kind of things, and you've heard of like what this could mean. I'm not saying I would believe you, but I would love to I would love to hear, like what kind of conspiracies, what kind of beliefs people have about those things not being coincidence and being a sign of what I don't know?
Speaker 3: All right, excuse me now, I'm.
Speaker 2: Getting about to here I am talking about it, putting out there on the air, I'm about about to choke and die. Maybe that was the sign, is that once I put it out there that I'm getting spooked by the time being nine to eleven pm RA and I'm just gonna croak.
Speaker 3: But the illuminati heard you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I don't have you know, I'm into conspiracy theories just enough to where I can find some entertainment and interest out of it. Sure, but I never go full on, like full conspiracy, which, by the way, yesterday it was great to see Will Levis go full Will Levis, which gives me a nice transition take a shot at a former Kentucky quarterback, of course, and kind of tell you my weekend.
Speaker 3: So it was last Thursday.
Speaker 2: We were on the air and I got a text message and I kind of just like in my tracks, completely couldn't speak. I was totally caught off guard. And if I would have looked at it during the break, I would have been much more. You know, I would have still been like, oh wow, I forgot about that or didn't realize that. But you know, it wasn't it wasn't important enough. And we did have people asking him text and like, what was that about? Like, you know, hopefully everything's okay, And I tried to emphasize that it's nothing like that. But I'd made plans long ago, like probably in like July to go to the Bengals Titans game in Nashville because my close cousin who used to used to live with me when I was a kid, and he's an architect now he lives in Fable, Arkansas. We're still really close, but we rarely see each other because he lives so far away. But he's a big time Bingals fan and he was going to be bringing the family to Nashville for the game. It was like, hey, do you you and Moose want to come? And I was like, absolutely, they'd be great. And I didn't, you know, I didn't think about what day it was. I didn't think about you know, I didn't think about it impacting Louisville basketball, and it really didn't. But I got down there Saturday. So long story short, whenever I saw the text message, I was reminded, Okay, that is this weekend.
Speaker 3: How am I going to make that work?
Speaker 2: And then I realized, first of all, regardless of game, I'm gonna go spend time with family, especially since he offered to you know, bring me to the game, get tickets, and put me and Moose up in a really sweet hotel. Like it was awesome. It was a great experience and I loved it. But leading up to the trip, I'm thinking, Man, I'm probably gonna get down there before the game starts, and like I I'm gonna be uneasy because like, I can't, I can't watch that while I you know, I need to be locked away family. Yeah, so family in public. But then I just realized, you know what, like I don't really think they're gonna win, but I think they're gonna be competitive. Maybe I can like passively watch the.
Speaker 3: Game and be pleasantly surprised if something happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I did that early on, because you know, they kept fighting the whole game. There were a few opportunities where it felt like Kentucky was about to blow it open, and they really never did. Louisville made big shots to kind of keep this thing close, even towards the very end. So you know, they still lost and that sucks, but you know, that was that was nice to see. But what I kept realizing is that, like we were out waiting for our table at this really awesome you know sports We have one here in LOUISLL. It's called puts Shack, but they have only downtown Nashville, and it's it's not the ideal like space just because of where it is, but it's also super cool because of the location. So we were there hanging out. They've got a bunch of TVs and whatnot. Which, by the way, we need to take this show to Putchhack. We need to make some calls off that happened because that place was awesome. But we're there and it's on, but nobody there cared and that was good, Like I wasn't. It wasn't as if there was a groan or a cheer that gave me any indication of what was going to happen, so like I could kind of block it out. And somebody asked this on the text line earlier, why didn't you just go in avoiding it at all costs, And you could have like waited till you were settled in and watched it, and I just one, I think it would be really unlikely for me to be able to get any to not get any updates, and I wouldn't have the patience to to like I would have to know. So what ended up happening is I'm watching it. Then I realized, you can't watch this casually, like if Loive was getting blown out, like I could have been whatever, but like they would, they would keep it closed.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, they're on a run.
Speaker 2: They cut it to five, they cut it to four, to where like I realized, all right, I need to like either make a decision. Am I going to continue to watch this intently or am I going to kind of like phase out? And I ended up kind of phasing away from it, just because you know, I felt like that was that was best for everybody involved. I did go back and watch it. In fact, I've watched the game about two times now. Watched it one. I watched it yes last night and really just you know, got to see everything from start to finish, got to hear the broadcast. And then today I watched some of the condensed version of it and just to get a better feel for you know, to express my thoughts on it. But you know, it was an ideal but I kind of enjoyed being away from people who didn't I was away from people who care about it, and you know, I probably won't be in that situation again because I just think, more often than not, I'm going to think to myself, yeah, I need to make sure because a lot of people don't make plans during you know, for that game. And maybe you got caught up in the same situation. Also, you made a trip this weekend. Maybe at the time, you're thinking, well, there's no way that Louisville Kentucky would play each other on December fourteenth, because it's really early, very usually it's in between Christmas and New Year's and it just hasn't been as much lately. So you know, I had a really weird experience to where like I didn't want to I mean, I hadn't watch I did not tweet over the weekend, and when it was very it felt great to not do that, by the way, and kind of be you know, a little bit distant from that world of Twitter. But I didn't want to put anything out there because I knew, like I didn't have full context anything because I was kind of watching, you know, when it was live. I wasn't watching live like everybody else was. But the moment where I just realized, all right, I'm no longer going to even kind of check in other than just kind of looking at my phone to see the score. Was whenever there was that dust up on the sideline with Bret Smith and by the Louisville bench, and that just kind of let me know that, like, regardless of who was in the right or wrong there in the moment, I probably would have, you know, probably would have been, you know, wanting to drive to Lexington and give those guys a talking to and tell them to quit playing dirty, which I'm not saying they are dirty, but like in the mom like, and that's why whenever they whenever they came back after reviewing that and just said nothing. They were not gonna call anything excessive, and they did give Louisville a gift of a foul call, which maybe that was why the booze. But like, nobody, to be honest with you, deserved it in that specific instance. Nobody deserved any added foul or any technical nobody like it could not have been handled better by the coaches and even the players, like they got it got a little heated there, but like I think cooler heads prevailed, and that's just the kind of stuff you're going to get in a rivalry, but yet the booze that came out of Rapperina when they said they weren't calling like a technical on Louisville, like you'd have thought those guys got away with murder, Like that's just how we're just different in the rivalry. And I kind of felt like I was on another planet knowing that like something I am so obsessed over, more so than I should be, Like I so much like I I shouldn't be the way I am about Louisville, Kentucky when it comes to the rivalry. But in a way, you know, as I've discussed many times, it kind of makes it, you know, it's kind of makes it awesome in a way. The highs are awesome and the lows are really low, which makes again the highs feel even better when you do get to experience and experience it. But just to know that, like this was such an out of body experience almost for me to be in another city that nobody cares about the game. It's on one of the thirty TVs here. It just kind of, you know, felt like I was doing something I shouldn't be doing. But it felt good because I was able to avoid like all the anxiety, and in the end the result itself was kind of what I thought would happen. Didn't like it, But then I watched it back and I feel again like I'm I'm I'm back in the same place as I was post Duke, which is, Hey, I know they lost, and nobody's telling you to be happy. Nobody's telling you that they know for sure this team's gonna end up being really good. Nobody's telling you that like this is now the new norm we celebrate because we're not doing that, but like we can be upset.
Speaker 3: Like the best way I've been.
Speaker 2: Able to describe it from my end is that the injuries that Louisvill's dealt with, the limited roster like that has, and really the tough schedule like that, that that doesn't mean Pat Kelsey's going to be really good here. That doesn't really mean anything as far as like proof one way or the other. But you'd be a fool not to consider that in the equation here meaning the teams they played being as good as they are and knowing Louisville is not only limited as far as how many players they have. They're playing a rotation of seven guys that would only be the seven man rotation that Pat would play if he was in the situation that he's in like this one. So not telling you up your anger is misguided or that your frustration is invalid, because like I get it, it's still always, I think, going to be a negative feeling when you as a Louisville basketball fan who's always going to have high expectations for the program and know what can be done at a place like this. Like, I don't know if that feeling's ever going to go away, And I want to be clear, I hadn't gone away from me, but I can't take the emotion that I get from the losses, and you know, even those when they're really bad, like it sucks to see them get blown out in home by you know, and look when they lost the Tennessee at home that way, they were healthy, they had everybody who they thought they were going to have, and that was bad. Maybe chalk that up as the number one team in the country and maybe chalk it up as Okay, you really got to figure out what you need to do when teams can come in and challenge you like that. But you know, the other losses to Duke and to Ole miss and you know Kentucky will throw them in there now of course, Like I still have the same, like you know, sadness, I guess, and just disappointment. But I can't take that energy and shift it towards a coach or any player as far as like, man, these guys are letting me down, this should be better. They're like what you hear from a really upset fan is that's just inexcusable. That's unacceptable. This can't be done. Like those are things you say after you lose to Stanford and football this year, right, Like that's just inexcusable. I don't think like the way things have played out for Louisville right now as far as results, Like I can't I'd be lying to myself if I said, this is all Pat Kelsey's fault, this is all Noah Waterman's fault. I just, you know, I just I get why people may feel that way, but like that's just not reality. And I think people do that because of the emotion that they have towards it, which I have it as well, But I'm just you know, I guess maybe from my own sanity, I'm just choosing to think, like, hey, I really like Pat Kelsey. I think he's a really good coach. I think he's kind of doing the best with what he can. Doesn't mean that when he does have a better situation, better circumstance, that the results are going to be great. That's something we'll only find out down the road. But like I'm in a weird place, man, I'm encouraged by this group from a personnel standpoint. I think they play their ass off, They play hard, they weren't they weren't afraid of the moment in the rivalry game. But you know they're still losing, and that's not fun.
Speaker 4: I'm actually shocked with your experience down in Nashville that even if you're at Putshak and obviously fans do a good job of coordinating when that game is and stuff like that, but I'm actually shocked you didn't run into a UK fan that happened to be at Putscheck, because they're everywhere as much as we kind of hate the Anoxious initially, so.
Speaker 2: You could go to you could go to Mars or Pluto and you'll still see you on there.
Speaker 3: Whenever they find life on Mars, there's going to be a UK for you.
Speaker 2: I'm convinced, and look, I would I would be you know if I saw a UK fan and you know he was celebrating and throwing L's down, not even know when there was a louisvill fan present, like I.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't get it. Like that's how this works.
Speaker 2: So all right, quick break, We'll come back on the other side and I'll finally get to what Austin has done to really remind me of my younger self. We'll talk about that next right here on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 1: Ninety Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 3: So anyways, it worked out.
Speaker 2: It worked out really well for me as far as my trip to Nashville this weekend, because Nashville is is awesome and every time I go, which isn't that often, but in a couple of years, that place can look unrecognizable as far as just the explosion that they've had as far as growth. And it was nice to, you know, have the loss to your rival and be able to eat saily distract yourself in Music City. We had a good time. I was able to cheer for the Bengals because you know, I kind of like them.
Speaker 3: I'm not a fan.
Speaker 2: I feel like a poser when I say that, because you know, they have had some good moments in recent years. But like I didn't ride with them when they were, you know, very easy to make fun of them. They made fun of themselves. So the Titans our arrival of the Colts, and any you know, any enemy of my arrival at least for a day as a friend of mine.
Speaker 3: So I was.
Speaker 2: And by the way, you went to see the Titans and the Vikings play, right, yes, last month? Was it a Vikings invasion like it was a Hooda invasion.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Viking.
Speaker 4: I know Vikings fans travel very very well, and there was there was a lot of times where when we were walking up and then we just heard the roar of the crowd. Actually when we were leaving, the game was already kind of out of hand, but I was with the Titans fan shout out to Marcus if you're listening, And we were leaving, just trying to beat traffic, and we just heard a huge roar and he's like, I don't even know if that's for us or if that's for the Vikings. And it turned out to be a Vikings interception. So but it that that whole community. I sort of feel bad for him because I mean, they lost everything. They got rid of Mike Vrabel, Derek Henry. They're still Dereck Henry jerseys everywhere, and I know that that's left a lot of people just feeling because it felt like a big part of that franchise in that community and now they just sort of seem like impurgatory right now.
Speaker 2: Oh, no doubt, I think. I mean, I haven't gone to a lot of NFL games. I've been to a handful, and you know, their atmosphere yesterday it was just kind of lifeless as far as like the energy from the fans, And I get it because they're I mean, it's probably pretty demoralizing for them to be the way they are this year with no Vrabel, Henry's killing it in Baltimore. They could have kept him but didn't even really try. Or maybe they could have kept him. And Will Levis was a guy that they they took a risk on and it's not working. He got benched, and I think, uh, I mean not the pile on the guy, but I mean he went full Levice like two different instances, did he do the exact thing you couldn't do in that moment, and you know, they ended up going with Rudolph and neither of those guys are the future for the Titans, and if they are, it's probably not a good thing. But yeah, they were the fans themselves, and again it's late in the year. I get that they probably just are you know, know, they know that they're not any good and it was a gloomy day. But the majority of the fans there I felt like were Bengals fans. It's probably a little bit of a stretch, but it was close to it. And man, you know, it was kind of flat. But I will say this the NFL. I don't know how college can do it, but the NFL atmosphere experience here, I.
Speaker 3: Am telling you that.
Speaker 2: You know, like the crowd for the home team just wasn't great, But it's because they didn't really have a whole lot of cheer about. I mean, Burrow gifted them a few turnovers and they still probably should have lost that thing worse than they did. But like when you go to an NFL game, it's so much different as far as atmosphere, Like you feel like you're at something big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no matter who's playing, and in college.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you could ever recreate it like that, but I think the NFL, you know, there's games where they have low attendance and all that dependent upon the team and that kind of stuff in the situation. But NFL tickets are more expensive than obviously you know, college tickets in certain areas. But I get why people are more willing to pay for that because it feels like you're truly getting like an entertain I don't know, there's a lot more entertainment as far as in between timeouts. I mean, Titans have like a concert at halftime, which is pretty cool with names that you've heard of because you know it's in Nashville. The food options, there's just so much more. And I'm not knocking anybody at the local at U of L or UK, but I was there yesterday as someone who doesn't really care about either team, and honestly, thankfully I didn't have to buy a ticket. My cousin had tickets and invited me and Moose and we had a good time. But like, I can see people being more willing to pay and know that, like, yet I can justify this expense because it's not just that I'm going to go watch an NFL game in my team, but like, you get the feeling of being at a bigger at a big time event, and there's a show, Like there's an entertainment element. And I don't mean like what they do at halftime or what they do during TV timeouts, but just every time I go to an NFL game, it reminds me that like pro sports has that. And maybe it's not anybody doing need being wrong. At the college level, it's just, man, it's different, and I think when you play, and also, you got to keep in mind at the pro level, even if you're playing a bum team, you're still playing an NFL team that's going to at any moment be able to play well and take advantage of you and beat you if you don't play well in college, like when you're scheduling Popcorn State on a November night at nine pm, and people like that's an easy thing to be like, yeah, I'm kind of out on that one. But you know, if it's a pro event, and again, if the NFL, I'm I'm not asking the college world to compete with the NFL, because nobody competes with the NFL at any level.
Speaker 3: Of any metric.
Speaker 2: But I just think, like when it comes to the conversation about why people don't attend certain games like they used to, and there's just not the incentive of being there like there once was, I mean I kind of get it. You know, maybe they can, and I'm sure they've tried. Look their studies. There's people who that's their industry, right, it's what could we do to enhance the atmosphere, to make it to where we're not just attracting diehard fans who want to be at every one of their team's games. We're attracting fans that care enough about the sport and maybe the team, but they also know there's gonna be stuff for their kids to do. There's gonna be Liken, it's gonna be a night out, it's gonna be an event, and there's no perfect way to do it.
Speaker 3: And again, I think you.
Speaker 2: Can try whatever you want when it comes to games, even on a Saturday at noon against nobody when it's one hundred degrees outside. In football, despite you only having like sometimes six five, maybe seven depending on the year, home games, like it's easy for people to say, yeah, I'm out.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 2: So anyways, I enjoyed myself yesterday, but it was nice kind of being away from you know, if you know, I'll never know going in what.
Speaker 3: The results gonna be.
Speaker 2: But louisvill did lose the game, and it was kind of nice to be distracted by a little road trip to kind of you know, before I had to come back today and take take my.
Speaker 3: Medicine right, go through go through therapy.
Speaker 2: And I had to tell Austin on Saturday, I'm not watching live because he was. He wasn't texting me like play by play updates, but like he and I text pretty regularly, and the first text, like again, I want people to understand, like when I like, when I share the exchange that we had, I'm not I'm not knocking the guy because a lot of you look the heat I'm getting on the text line, and I'm getting, you know, some people that agree and understand, but the heat, I'm like, I know that like many people feel the way Austin does, and I don't necessarily like disagree.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm just.
Speaker 2: Choosing to like bounce, you know, I'm choosing to like deal with it differently. Yeah, because Austin is turned into what I used to be and it was somebody who it wasn't just about being pessimistic.
Speaker 3: It wasn't just about.
Speaker 2: Like worrying or you know, expecting the absolute worst and then hoping for the best if like your team plays well, but like the end. So I'll just tell you the first two things he sent me on Saturday. One was, don't have a good feeling about the game today. I think we're gonna get blown out, which, hey, that's just your honest opinion, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you kind of just wake up with the stomach feeling.
Speaker 2: And then when the game's going on, he texted me, and that's when I had to say not watching a live He texted me and said.
Speaker 3: Really just hate it that it played out this way. This year just kind of sucks something along those lines.
Speaker 2: And that made me think, without knowing the score, that Louisville was down seventy five points and they were actually competitive, and you know, so I was the same way, and I like, I became like, you are much more likely to fire to put something into the earth, rather it be you're gonna speak it out loud in front of other fans. You're gonna text another fane, You're gonna tweet something I'd say like ninety eight percent of the time, if something gets you to react in one way or the other, it's gonna be joking on your own team, making fun of your own squad, kind of questioning, like you know how you know, making fun of your own team, and like just you know, it's just being defeated in a way, and that doesn't mean you don't care. It actually is coming from a place where you care a whole lot.
Speaker 3: But like I.
Speaker 2: Became the guy that like nobody wanted to talk Louisville with, and it's because like, no matter what, it was just gonna be like, yeah, but you know, I just hate this team. And I'm not saying he said he hated this team, but like you say things that certainly make it seem that way. I was the same guy, and it's just energy that is is different. So I'm not I just I only wanted to bring this up because I us like I used to be the exact same way and now I'm maybe I'm just, you know, maybe I'm so defeated as a Louisville basketball fan over the years to where I'm just like this is what keeps me from crying myself to sleep.
Speaker 3: Every night.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm exaggerating, but like there couldn't have been somebody I wanted to hear less from as far as those that not you specifically, but just like you know, like I get it. But let me ask you this, what was the expected response when you say that to me?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Were you expecting me? Because again I don't think you were expecting or really wanting anything. But like what am I to say to that? Either like oh, yeah, we freaking suck. I wish they just canceled the season, or Hey, no, Austin, you're wrong, We're gonna go play hard today. Like were you wanting maybe like somebody to kind of make you feel better?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Because when I do that, I feel like I'm at a low point, right, So I need to I need to text somebody that's a level headed because I'm definitely not. I need to text in somebody that knows, as the kids say, they know a little ball, right, and someone to just sort of like kind of bring me down. And I am known to pollute the pollute the air with just bad thoughts and bad vibes, but there's a lot of times I just wake up and I'm like, ah, just for some reason not feeling it today, but I was.
Speaker 3: I was crying out for help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look I thought about, like, you know, dancing with you a little bit early in the day as far as like, hey man, I don't know, I could see him getting hot and if they do, maybe Kentucky's.
Speaker 3: Vulnerable in order to feel out vibes too.
Speaker 2: But I just knew that, like, if I did respond with that one, you might clearly like just say no, you're wrong, they suck. I mean, you wouldn't have said that, but like you, I don't think. I don't think I could have convinced you to change your mind. And I feel like if they would have gotten blown out, then, like, I don't know, if it's just it's a roller coaster we go through mentally as fans of teams, because if you do find yourself like, well, you know, I don't really cause here's what I had to deal with.
Speaker 3: This is where I was kind of I guess, you know, I don't know growing up.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, if I'm so negative and like expecting us to get blown out because I think we stink and we got lousy players and hope these guys have a plan for a career. After basketball, why do we hire this mid major guy from from Charles, Like, you know, if that's my energy going in and I'm not saying that was Austin, I'm just I'm just I'm amping it up. And by the way, he's certainly not alone. In fact, I think we've got people who call this show regularly that are kind of in.
Speaker 3: The same boat.
Speaker 2: But my point is like, if that's where I'm at the day before, the day of, and when it tips off, and then at the end of the game, that's what ends up happening. You don't have to be happy about it, But where where's your outrage coming from?
Speaker 3: That's what you expected, you know what I'm saying, Like when I I'm not gonna say who it is.
Speaker 2: I would love to be able to one day and it's not some super secret. It's just probably not something that they would want me to talk about. But if I ever get the green light, I will. I have been accused of being like the negative.
Speaker 3: Oh this guy, he hates it, he's the he's the worst.
Speaker 2: Well, you try having to talk about Louisville basketball, because we're always going to talk louis basketball every day, probably to some extent on this show because that's what we do. Like you try to talk for three hours every day and be a positive voice about Louis basketball under the previous leadership, like.
Speaker 3: It's not possible. And you know.
Speaker 2: I would also lose a ton of credibility if I tried to do that. So you know I was always accused of being negative. I went on the defensive and somebody you know that I do respect that, you know, within U of l Like, I don't think it's what you say that people like totally disagree with. I think it's how you say it, and I think it's consistency. And this is where I kind of the light bulb went off for me, And this is where I wanted to position it to you. And again, I'm not asking you to do anything but you, my man, I love you the way you are. You can even amp it up more so and it's not gonna change thathing between you and I. But the light bulb went off from me when they said, you're way more often if you're gonna if you're gonna tweet something, if you're gonna say something, if you're gonna speak something to people, you're way more if it's something good, you don't really have the care or energy to even acknowledge it. But if it's bad, you can't wait to put it out there. And I'm like, yeah, because I feel like, if you're gonna when's the last time or ever that you've texted me when things were rolling with U of L in a football game or basketball game, you.
Speaker 3: Probably never have a great question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like you know that that gave me I guess some some you know, internal peace as far as you know, just you keeping things in in you know, keeping things in perspective.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look sometimes you gotta keep me in check too.
Speaker 2: But well but again, I don't want you act like you didn't. I don't want you think.
Speaker 4: You oh no, no no no, like I said I was, I just more or less kind of want some banter back and forth. I had, I had all I was doing some couple's painting, had a little shard and a in me. You know, I was, I was ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you love you of L. I know you're passionate about it. Sure, and.
Speaker 2: Where I felt like, okay, you know you're right because I can't complain that that like I am unfairly painted as this big negative fan who is toxic and it's just nothing but negative negative. I can't complain that that's how I'm perceived when I'm not consistent, when more often than not, like if I am fiery and I want to get something out, rather it be a big opinion on the show or a tweet, like, it's likely going to probably be something that is concerning. I've never felt as if anybody needs my thoughts to, you know, then decide if they're happy too. And I know that's not reality. Nobody would, nobody needs me to feel any certain way. But it's also my doing. If if I'm putting energy out there and it's way more so whenever there's bad stuff and not as much at all when there's good stuff, it's my fault that people view me that way. They don't know me in turn what I'm saying, like, yeah, that's kind of where I found some some you know, I found some balance.
Speaker 4: Also being a Louisville fan that hasn't lived here their whole life, just really all over the last ten years, especially when I was living in Arizona, and Louisville is really rolling in all sports. You know, you're the Cardinal twenty thirteen, and then we had Teddy Bridgewater and everything was rolling with with basketball.
Speaker 3: It was rolling.
Speaker 4: My whole family is all Kentucky fans, so it's hard to and I lived in such a secluded area. I really didn't have anybody to kind of talk with.
Speaker 3: I mean, I did not know a lot of your family was Kentucky. It's it's all Kentucky fan.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: That actually makes way more sense now because you're probably.
Speaker 4: The only only U of L fan. Shout out to him, shut out Kirk, shout out Kirk.
Speaker 2: That makes a little more sense because what's probably happening is that you are here, I am playing therapist here. You are going ahead and getting it out of the way from what you think you would hear from your from your Kentucky family, right like, and that that makes it make more sense.
Speaker 4: But I had to watch that. But you know, I'm not that, yeah, exactly. So someone that's like sort of bounces other opinion. So we sometimes share the same opinions. Sometimes I think you.
Speaker 2: And I have a lot of similar And this is where I gotta, I gotta, I gotta stop biting at you because I think we have a lot of the same opinions and you're entitled to whatever you think, and that would never I would never want to work with somebody who feels like they got to have an opinion that kind of aligns with mine. I mean, if if so, then great, but like they wouldn't. That wouldn't be real. They wouldn't be fun, that wouldn't be this. But I think, more than anything, like I don't want people to, you know, as they say, I don't want you to make the same mistakes I did to where like you know, there's a reason they think it not because they're out to get here because they're misguided, it's because you know, you need a little bit of balance and consistency and like, and I'm not saying you did this, but like I know you would probably find humor in this in the moment, like when Noah Waterman misses a bunch of threes and misses a layup or does something that pisses you off, like people tweeting out the linked in Jersey as if like that's where he should shift his focus. Like that's just something you can't control, Like having the urge to want to either laugh at when I'm there yourself, but like who's.
Speaker 3: Benefited from that? Nobody? Yeah, it doesn't. It doesn't make you feel better either. Actually, yeah, So I mean I'm I feel like I'm interrogating you, and I mean it to be that way at all. Like what I'm wrestling, they call a cheap pop.
Speaker 4: If I could just get like one or two retweets from it, I'll just feel like, oh right, that was a Golden tweeked.
Speaker 3: It's a good point. That's a good point. The cheap pops work, man.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's probably five or six different instances in my you know, however many years I've been online that you know, led to steps and growing the following of you know, roughly thirty thousand on Twitter. I shouldn't say roughly because it's like twenty eight so it's not thirty, but you know, like twenty eight point six.
Speaker 4: By the way, and in Side Street I had to watch when I first moved here. It was when I was praying that we would run it back that twenty thirteen fifteen team. I ended up agreeing to watch that Sweet sixteen game over at my family's house. I was the only U of L fan there. Everybody else kids, adults, everyone else's Kentucky.
Speaker 3: So now it makes sense you've been traumatized. Absolutely. I don't. Yeah, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't watch this game with Kentucky fans. There's things never there's a lot of things I would would rather do than that, and I wouldn't speak of what those things are. Never aget that's hell on earth. Yeah, I did it once, and I'm with you. I said the same thing never again. All right, quick break. We'll come back on the other side when it comes to like specific things, when it you know, basketball wise, I'll kind of share with you what I what I am choosing to view as growth throughout this stretch where they're losing a lot more than they're winning. But I still think that there's there's this there's there's hope I have at least that this team could find their way to the tournament. Stick with us right here on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 1: Ninety Now back to Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: All Right, Fellas, I was thinking by now they'd stop giving away free product for a month, because you know, that's not what a lot of businesses do. But the folks at Blue Shoe, they trust their products so much that they're going to let you continue to try it for a month for free. All you have to do is use my promo code Nick seven ninety at blue shoo dot com and pay five bucks shipping to get.
Speaker 3: It to you.
Speaker 2: Blue Choo chew it and do it. You're familiar, but I'll tell you. I'll tell you once again what it's all about the Blue Cheo. They're helping you when it comes to enhancing the sexual experience with you and your partner. It's not just for those that might need that extra bump in the bedroom and if so, hey, it's much more common than people realize, and blue Choo can help you at where it's not a problem anymore. But don't just think it has to be something that you benefit from due to an issue you have. It's about making something that's really good and.
Speaker 3: Making it even better.
Speaker 2: So it's the same active ingredients that you find in viagra and Cialis, but at a fraction of the cost, and it ships directly to your door. No awkward conversations at the doctors. So again Bluehoo dot com promo code Nick seven ninety five bucks shipping, you get it for one month for free, because that's how much they know you're gonna like it and you're gonna want more.
Speaker 3: So shout out to blue Choo.
Speaker 2: All right, very little time left here before we wrap it up, and there's a lot that I want that I've got still left that I haven't got a chance to get to.
Speaker 3: But that's okay.
Speaker 2: Usually Monday's kind of kind of turned into that, but really quickly, just for those that didn't catch the show until later on the five o'clock hour. You know what has me encourage is not just like, hey, we didn't get killed by Kentucky. It's what I'm seeing with what they're doing, and it's really not any big change. There's more sets, of course, and there's not I think is I didn't think there was as much of an emphasis like I thought they were just out there balling and that sounds so simple and you know, stupid, And I'll explain with the little time that I have, Like it didn't feel like against Kentucky there was just such a rush and an emphasis to make sure you fire up the first like do whatever you can until you get a decent look from three, and then fire it up because you got to make threes to beat good teams.
Speaker 3: That's still going to be the case, but I feel like they weren't just so visibly desperate to hit threes.
Speaker 2: They were still taking a lot, and they still shot it at a pretty good rate, you know, which which is what you want. But like these guys, the more you play as this team, the seven man team that has very little flexibility as far as what they can do, the more you do it doesn't mean you're gonna be great at it, but you're gonna get more comfortable. Like Ucky clearly, I mean, he needs to be that aggressive every single game. And I know if he was that aggressive every game, he's probably not going to give you twenty six every night. But he should take eighteen shots a game, I mean, nine of eighteen overall, four of eleven from three's. That's a good night from Chucky that I don't think it's not reasonable to expect that every night, but he could do close to it. Same thing with Really, I mean, even though he's coming off the bench, Terrence ewarts to getting more comfortable out they're putting him in some P and R action at the top of the key and he's getting you know, he's finding his spots, kind of knowing what he needs to do in order to get what he's comfortable doing as far as step back threes and just getting some space and finding ways to get to the rim. I mean, I still think the ceiling is not super high, and they could slip up and have You know, two guys have an off night and it could bury them to where they may not beat anybody we're talking about, but when they can, you know, continue to play the way they did against Kentucky, that style, with that confidence, you know, those are performances. I think there's something there to where you could still find yourself in the tournament.
Speaker 3: But you know, we'll see home. The time will tell.
Speaker 2: We'll be back tomorrow right here on Sports Talk seven ninety
Speaker 1: M h