Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome, idiot. Is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the One You Trust A thirty three. We have some students here from Bartlesville High School and we've got a big production coming up, probably one of the biggest in all of your careers combined. Carter will start with you name that show.
Speaker 2: Lame miss as the French people would say.
Speaker 1: There you go. And this is pretty intense, isn't it, Miss Schewett.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's a very like this show is very different from what we've done at the high school before because I've, as we've all been in high school, we've only ever done comedies and this is the first like big drama that we've done, and it's it's very intense.
Speaker 1: For all of us. Eli, how intense is it for you?
Speaker 4: It's really intense. I go through a roller coaster emotions and I'm just I don't know what to do with myself. It's difficult.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, you're gonna be kind of like the audience members because they go on a little bit of a roller coaster too, don't they. Yeah, Jackson, you get to play the heavy in this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I played Javert who he's he's the antagonist of it. He comes in and out throughout the entire musical. He's one of the few characters that's there almost the whole time, and he has this rivalry with Jean Valjean. It's Carter, and so it's it's a pretty intense whole.
Speaker 1: It's it's a lot. Now, this is set back just prior to the French Revolution.
Speaker 6: Right, it is actually set I did a lot of research.
Speaker 3: It's actually set during the June Rebellion, the end of.
Speaker 6: The Second French Revolution. There was three, so it's like.
Speaker 1: They couldn't get it right the first two times go ahead?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, so but basically everything goes wrong and then the second Rebellion ends, and then the third one happens years years later.
Speaker 6: The French went through a lot of turmoil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did. They did an awful lot too. Now, Carter, you play Jean Ville Joel and your character goes through a lot of transformation.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's been trying.
Speaker 2: Once they had sent out the cast list and I figured this out and I got my script, I was sitting there like dumbfounded because I was like, how am I going to go through? I mean, so many different emotions and almost characters.
Speaker 1: I guess, well he is.
Speaker 2: And I mean he goes through so many different epiphanies and like just all sorts of crazy stuff. And it's been difficult to get everything to portray the way I wanted to, if that makes sense. But it's definitely been It's going to be good, it will be great, but it's definitely been a struggle getting there.
Speaker 1: Now, the book was one thing, and it's an incredible read, it really is. And then there have been two or three different stage adaptations that I remember in a couple of movies too, And the last one I saw was with Hugh Jackman playing that character. And you want to talk about unrecognizable throughout the you know, he turns in like three different guys, just really incredible. Sophie, tell me about your character.
Speaker 3: So, Epanine is the daughter of Thenadier and he's the innkeeper who there's so much everyone is so interconnected, you have to kind of give a little backstory. He keeps Cosette, which is becomes Beljean's daughter basically, so that's Epanine's his daughter. And Epanine is in love with Marius, and Marius is in love with cosette.
Speaker 6: So they kind of have that love triangle.
Speaker 1: In the midst of all of this.
Speaker 3: In the midst of all the war that's happened, and you know, but he never loves her back, and that's kind of her main conundrum is that she will never get to be loved, but she still will do anything to protect him and to help him basically, and that's her whole That.
Speaker 1: Makes you feel conflicting, I imagine it is. I mean that you're playing a wide range of emotions too.
Speaker 6: Yes, I there's that love triangle.
Speaker 4: We were talking the other day about what we lead with as characters, and I feel like Marius that's his name, leads with his heart most of the time. There's a song called heart full of Love you want to come watch, and he's very passionate about things, and he's caught up in this decision between going to war with his friends and all of his comrades, or going and pursuing his true love and rejecting this girl.
Speaker 1: Now, Jackson Miller, you're kind of an easy going guy for the most part. You're playing this okayated that, but you're playing this really heavy, hard knuckle I'm just gonna knock your block off type of fella the whole time. This is going to be kind of kind of a challenge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's one thing in comedy musicals you can your character.
Speaker 6: It's it's over the top and it's easy to do.
Speaker 5: But then whenever it comes to a drama, it's so to play someone so different from yourself, it's so it's very it's it's a lot. I mean, if you go in and just sing it, sing it, you can sing through just the notes and it's fine, but you have to to actually have a good performance. You have to go in and see that guy. Yeah, you have to live feel how the character is feeling. There's this one song towards the end, which is the most intense song that I sing personally, which it.
Speaker 1: Ends with me dying.
Speaker 5: But uh that after I come off of that song, it's it takes me like a minute before I can like talk to anyone again because it's just I'm you're so into the emotion of it, and it's it's it's intense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can believe that I can.
Speaker 3: I feel the exact same way after I die too, Like I will walk away.
Speaker 1: A whole lot of people.
Speaker 6: I just have to stand there.
Speaker 3: And just like think about it and be like Okay, I'm okay, I'm gonna live.
Speaker 6: Like it's like it gets really intense.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, you know, stuff kind of gets real, you know when when you're in theater and you take it seriously, you become those characters for a while. It's not like, oh, let's go paint the barn and put on a show. You actually become these people and you tell the story as those people. And it's very very hard, very very interesting work too. Show dates.
Speaker 6: Our show is April twenty fifth to the twenty seventh.
Speaker 1: And what are the tickets costs? Target?
Speaker 2: The tickets for students are fifteen dollars and for adults are twenty dollars and you can.
Speaker 6: Buy those at www dot Bartlesville Choir.
Speaker 2: Dot com now, yeah, or you can buy him an hour before each show.
Speaker 1: Okay. And because this is basically a full art experience, we have a little something special here.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, So we have a very cool thing happening right now where there is a beautiful painting by John Lynn Bloom and we are doing a raffle for it. So it's painting of basically like what the poster is, but it's it's little, it's baby cosette with like the French flag. It's gorgeous. So it's five dollars for one ticket or twenty for five. And then at the last show they're gonna pull a winner and then they'll get to take their painting home.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 6: Very cool.
Speaker 3: So buy your raffle tickets and those can also be bought at the choir.
Speaker 6: Yes, it'll be before the show. Before the shows, you can buy before the show.
Speaker 1: Well, this is great. I know this is an expensive production, and I know that you've done some bingo nights and other fundraisers just in order to pay to get the rights the sets and the costumes and everything like this. So I'd like to see full houses, folks standing room only, if you would, that would be great. I'm gonna get my tickets as fast as i can because I know somebody, and then hope to see everybody there. This is going to be a great performance. Now, you two guys, you're junior, right, Eli and Jackson your junior's well for the two seniors to have this as your final show on stage at the Performing Arts Center, how's that working for you?
Speaker 2: As the pinnacle of my music theater career. I mean, this is NonStop on every scene except for like two for me, go go go seeing as high and as low and as loud and quiet as I can.
Speaker 6: And it is a.
Speaker 2: Test of art, a bill I would say, And it's gonna be I don't want to brag, but it's gonna be really good.
Speaker 1: You can go, you can go ahead and brag as long as you're telling the truth. Son, It's all right. So and I believe it's going to be very very good. Back to I think it's going to be excellent, Sophie. And you've played so many wide range of carriers.
Speaker 3: Well, this isn't the biggest role I've ever had, but it's it's one of my dream roles. I've always wanted to play Epanine for a really long time, and I came into this show being like, I want to play Eponine, Like this is, this is what I want and I got it, and I am very very happy.
Speaker 6: And to just like have this experience with.
Speaker 3: My best friends, all of them, and just with my wonderful, amazing choir teachers whom I love so much, like this is it's just a true honor to be able to do this with all the people that I love and this amazing show, like so fantastic.
Speaker 1: No Eli, you got another year left. I mean, what are you taking away from seniors?
Speaker 4: They have so much, so much, they have so much experience in this and they're having I can tell they're having a good time and I am too, And it's really exciting getting to have this legacy of a show passed on to us.
Speaker 6: It makes me worried for next year.
Speaker 1: But it does. It's like, how are you going to top this? Yeah? Yeah? And Jackson, not only have you had a great bunch of seniors, your sister was also a very tallended still is a talented performer. Uh and and Ac Chris and singer. What do you what do you take from all this that you've learned at the feed of the Masters, as they.
Speaker 5: Say, I mean, I've just for a few years, I've been I've been waiting for to see like people like Carter to leave so I can start getting so I can start getting some bigger roles.
Speaker 1: We're getting on this here now Christmas Now it's TMG folks with them, that's what we got going on here.
Speaker 5: You get to see people with such artistry and perfection of a craft. I mean it's it's it inspires you to work to be better. Just seeing people like my sister, who I thought she was like the best performer in the world, and then she she went to college and it turns out she's like she's the bottom of that. It goes so much higher than what I could have even possibly imagined, like just how deep you can get into into perfection or craft. It's it just inspires me.
Speaker 1: Oh, it is something else, It truly is. I can't wait to see the show. It's gonna be April twenty fifth, twenty seventh. Tickets you can get them now fifteen dollars from students, twenty dollars for students to twenty dollars for the adults. Say don't forget the raffle for the John Limb Bloom painting. And he never disappoints.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Well, it's been sitting in miss Walker's office for a while. Oh it is, and so I get to see it every day and I'm like half the room it is.
Speaker 1: It is that big.
Speaker 2: I mean, we almost brought it today, but I was not trusted with not transporting.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's hard as street. No, you're probably best to keep a lid on it. You know, there we go, Well, break a leg and good luck to everybody. And this is going to be one whale of the show. And once again it's Lema's a Rob and it will be at Bartletoo High School Fine Arts Center, April twenty fifth, twenty seventh. Thank you for being with us today.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Alrighty folks, you've been watching and listening to our community connection.
Speaker 6: I went hands free.
Speaker 1: I went hands free.
Speaker 6: I went hands free.
Speaker 1: I went hands free with sketcher slip ins.
Speaker 7: Join them millions of people who are celebrating going hands free with Sketchers slippins footwear you just step into and they're on.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how something as simple as a pair of shoes that made my.
Speaker 7: Life better after trying sketcher slippins. I want all my shoes to have this technology. See what everybody can't stop talking about. Go hands free with sketcher slippins at a sketch store, sketters dot com, or wherever style.
Speaker 6: Is always connected.
Speaker 1: Depend on K one A fourteen hundred and ninety three four