Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. We have a Congressman Josh Urcken on the line here with us today and Congressman Burkeen welcome home. Now you're you're making the rounds, as they say, with your town halls. That's a that's a lot in a short time, young man.
Speaker 2: We uh yeah, we'll have four days. We're going to be on the fourteenth Wednesday, will be in in your next woods, will be in Bartlesville at noon at a Kuwana's event. Then two o'clock we're going to be a no Ona and then prior four. So that's just some information. Hope people people get a chance to get people in the area.
Speaker 1: Now you've done this nearly one hundred times since taking office, these town halls. That's that's almost unheard of in the modern day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's so that's the town hall so like the Kawana Augiliy Club top event. So that's not counting that number. But yeah, we've done well. It will be over one hundred town halls within our first session of Congress. Of course, Congress is to year session, so we're averaging about fifty a year. And uh, you know when you got twenty eight county. That's a significant number of you know, towns that you've got to get to.
Speaker 1: So what are you ring at the town halls?
Speaker 2: This open border policy, this administration. It's also inflation. People really feeling the pain of the Congress and this administration taking on steroids of the continual spin without recognizing the reality that at some point you have to pay the piper and and so the hidden tax and inflation, it's robbing every every uh, you know, aged American that's you know, in their twilight years and and and seeing their retirement savings evaporated because of inflation, or it's a young adult trying to buy a home for the first time and they can't afford it. Us. It's just a sad reality. And if Congress wants to fix it, it's within the power the first to start making sure that our our deskin stopped being that and we go back that you can pay for things by having a revenue.
Speaker 1: Well, this all sounds good, but it doesn't sound like there are too many folks there in Washington, DC, besides yourself and maybe a handful of others who have the will to do this.
Speaker 2: I keep saying, I'm asked that question. But if you look at the vote last year, you'll have anywhere from eighty to one hundred and twenty people. When myself or other mostly members of the Freedom Cockers, we put a spending cut of amendments on the floor and the vote counted a two hundred and twenty Republicans, you'll see eighty to one hundred and twenty Republicans. That's the average. To keep in mind, there's four hundred and thirty five people that make up that body, so we have to have to eighteen many times. It takes that number. And when you can only get one hundred and twenty Republicans when there's two twenty total, you go bout one hundred Republicans that are refusing to face reality. You can only spend within coming in through revenue, and when you choose to go beyond that, then the hidden tax and inflation that we're experiencing is going to get every American.
Speaker 1: The remainder of Congress needs a cold dose of reality.
Speaker 2: Congressman, everybody's about, you know, fixing inflation. When push jumps to show it's a lot of talk for many and little actions for most.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's too bad. That that's really too bad. We need to hear something optimistic here. What can folks look forward to when we meet with you at the town hall. I know one thing's for sure. They get a chance to be heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul, we will, you know, open it up for questions, and hopeful people feel like that they're giving a direct response. Now, I am trying to shorten my answers, and the longer we go on these, a lot of times I'll cheat on the intro. I'll not spend a whole lot of time on you know, laying out of ten fifteen minute presentation. So when I'm asked a question that I look forward to weaving in what I want to talk about in the way that I respond, But hopefully people feel like they're going a true respond and that they're being represented. We might always agree, we may agree, but there probably we may not agree, but hopefully we do it in a civil manner and people can at least know that I'm utilizing what I've contend is history, facts, original intent to back up the positions that I'm a stouting.
Speaker 1: Now, you talked about how things are done and how folks behave at the town halls. The R word comes into play. It's called respect and it goes both ways. And I like the way that it's explained and handled. Tell us about that.
Speaker 2: I used to start off by describing that, you know, being married for years, you figure out that you're not always going to agree, right, I mean, anybody who's in a marriage knows that you're going to have disagreement. And the key to effective communication is being able to have a good conflict resolution. And that includes boundaries and guidelines and the way that you respond to one another. And so you know, I try to many times doubt all said, Look, uh, you can lost someone and disagree with them. You can be you know, spiritually one with them. Is the biblical model of marriage is supposed to be, but not always see out of eyes and and but that's healthy. Uh, that's that's uh, that's stand paper rudman against each other. So my attention to the town halls is is number one knows that I care about you. Know, if I care about your position, we may be a total uh different parts of the spectrum ideologically, but I want to value you as someone that was made in the image of God. And if you have an idea, let's talking through rationally that's reason together and if we can do it calmly and with mutual respect, and hopefully we can agree. But if we can't, we walk away going. You know what, at least I feel like they had a valid reason for the position they had.
Speaker 1: Very good, Very good. What a wait you when you returned back to the nation's capital. What what's on your docket there?
Speaker 2: We've got a proporatious process that we've completed about seven out of the twelve funding build. Last year, we set up a scenario to what we thought we're going to be a completion of that process, but it did not happen. The speaker issue came up and it derailed that, and then we've started the process again this year. So my hope is we come back we have the ability, the will power for the Republicans at least to get those civil corporation bills done. If we don't, I joined with a number of members of the House Freedom caucused and a letter to the Speaker. He's in the news as of the last couple of days talking about the concepts of not doing it omnibus. What we want to see us do is hunt the funding into January February. We hopefully have Republican president and Republican Senate, so that we're not having to negotiate with a liberal id very ultraliberal ideology that is producing no real conservative results. And so that's our hope. We send a letter saying we want to go into March with a continuing resolution, with the hope that we could get into March and Republican President, Republican Senate. And I know people hate the word continued resolution, but that is much better than an omnibus, a Christmas tree laden punk project. So HFC is adopting the position that let's do a cr gendion resolution, get us into March, and hopefully we'll have the ability to end the WheelPower to cut spending with Republican read administration