Speaker 1: Peter, invite you to have a date with Judy. You know, Judy Foster, a typical American girl in a typical American family. Well, let's see, it's a quiet evening in the Foster house. Mother is sewing, father is reading, Randolph is tying, boy Scout knots, and Judy is glumping because she doesn't have a date.
Speaker 2: Mother looks up, Melvin. Yes, I had a letter from Grandma today. She didn't let her what you say. She's worried about Aunt Lily. Why is she worried about Aunt Lily?
Speaker 3: Well, because tell me let me get because Aunt Lily isn't married.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, that's nothing new. Grandma's worrying about that for the last ten years. I was just thinking maybe we ought to have Lily here for a visit, a sweet girl like this girl. Mother, she's thirty four years old. Well, really, Judy, that isn't the last page of finility, you know?
Speaker 3: The girl to mother till Rigamorta said, sim.
Speaker 2: I'm going to write Aunt Lily to come and we'll see if we can't find somebody for her. Maybe you didn't you get her a date. Me.
Speaker 3: I'm having enough trouble getting dates for myself. I haven't had a date for three nights, so what are you complaining about? And Lily hasn't had a date for three years, that is so.
Speaker 2: I'm sure enough of young men has been extremely fond of ant Lily. In thirty four years, They've had lots of time to the problem is, how can we dig her up? A man thinking himark might be a good idea. J just think of it. I know somebody old enough frand Lily, Oh, mister Manchester.
Speaker 3: She's a librarian at the library. I bet he's thirty five of you to day.
Speaker 2: And he said, hey, all right, that's simply wonderful idea. But I wonder how we should go about asking him. Well, I could try to take a book out of the library and get slain the invitation to him. We could invite him to dinner the very first night Anthony is here.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, we wouldn't want to waste any time after thirty four lesually years we get a step on it.
Speaker 1: That's only the beginning of your dates with Judy chaperone by pepsident, How would you like to find out if your present toothpaste is really doing what you think it is? Maybe it's letting you down. Now, here's the way to find out. Run the tip of your tongue over your teeth. Can you feel of filmy coating? That's what makes teeth dingy? And it's a sign that you'd better switch to Pepsident toothpaste tonight. Pepsident with aerium is the new high speed toothpaste with the fresh taste and the super cleansing ingredients. It removes that dingy coating come teeth, makes them so brilliantly clean. They feel tiny, smooth, and they look sparkling. But so hung Up a collapsible metal tube from any product and take it to your drug counter tonight.
Speaker 2: To exchange for a.
Speaker 1: YouTube of pepsil and toothpaste. Now back to a date with Judy.
Speaker 4: Well then, my goodness, hello Lily, Well is certainly good to see you.
Speaker 2: Do I get a kid from my favorite brother in law? Sure, Lily, you Well, I'm starved. When is that guy going.
Speaker 4: To get here?
Speaker 2: Guys, s have you invited someone else to dinner? Well? Yes, in a way a man, Well, yes in a way. Really you didn't have now, Lily, this is just sart of an accident. As a matter of fact, we've invited the gentlemen's dinner long before we knew you were coming. Oh yes, ion, before I'll go now who that could be good evening? Oh good evening, mister Manchester.
Speaker 5: Very kind of you to stop at the libraries this afternoon, invite me to dinner exactly.
Speaker 2: Perfectly, all right, the command to come in. I'd like you to meet my well a friend of mine, Lily Rogan.
Speaker 6: How do you do?
Speaker 2: How do you do? And you know the rest of the family. Oh my, what a formal introduction. We'll argue it all over. This is Donald Donald, this is really how do you do? How do you do? Do your people ever call you don Oh? Yes?
Speaker 4: Indeed, at College Ohio Wesley in nineteen twenty four.
Speaker 2: They called me don Or Man. She isn't that man?
Speaker 6: Choose? Yes?
Speaker 2: Indeed.
Speaker 4: Well, now that that's all that, Where are we going to have Jenna?
Speaker 6: My aunt?
Speaker 2: Lily cook em me into it from soup? I rammed off. I did not. Lily is so modestly. Well, how's business to Manchester? Business? Yeah? All very good. We collected thirty two cents and fines today. Oh really, mister Manchester is a new Librarrian Lily, Lily is very interested in books, mister Manchester, she'd make a wonderful wife for somebody who was interested in literary things. Should Why that was a fine dinner, missus Boston. Thank you, Melvin. Aren't you planning to go to your large meeting tonight? I know my large meets on Thursdays. Oh well, the Exalted High Councilor called and said it was moved up to tonight, early tonight. Are you going out tonight? Mother? As if I didn't know, so, yes, I am my Red Cross class meet tonight. I'll go about met on Friday. Well doing the emergencies? Are they call special sessions? Yes? Well, my goodness, I must say this isn't very sociable of us to run off like this, but it will give you two a chance to get acquainted. I think, really, Dora, you don't have to do JUNI and Randolph for going out in the kitchen and wash the dishes, aren't you DearS? Well, I guess we are, I guess, And then they go right to bed so you won't have to worry about them deserving you. Well, come on, Delvin, thank you very much for the dinner. Miss fos Oh, that's all right to dir Well Dora, What are we going to do tonight? What do you think we're going to do? You're going to take me to a movie? Back here in the whole, Judy, I'll take a quick peek.
Speaker 3: Are they Yeah, he's on one end of the damn point and she's on the other.
Speaker 2: Let me look. Gosh, she'sn't turning on the heat? Is shame a personally mister Man's letter, I prefer Dickens later works. Great expectations always seemed to me a little in the tour cheaperson. I think we're handling that way. My favorite work of Dickens necklace Nickelby.
Speaker 5: Although I have found great charm and Eckwick papers.
Speaker 2: I find no charm in this conversation. Have you had much of Pope and Dryden? Yes, yes I have. Poor she doesn't know beans about man. She's a ray amateur. Well I wouldn't call either of them great glovers. Don't you love the little of Pope Rhyan couplet? Yes? Yes I do. Isn't that awful?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: Hey, he's getting loop. You will see some action now, Oh it's getting late. It is charming leading you, mister Manchester, hope I'll see you assume I hope he too. This is a critical moment. If you ask her for d't now she's in. Otherwise she's cooked. Good night, then good night, she's cooked. Uh, what are you doing a week from tomorrow night? It's rogan?
Speaker 3: Well, nothing came through but a woe from tomorrow night. Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call it a wool wind courtier.
Speaker 5: Why I wonder if I might come to call.
Speaker 2: He's one of those parlor pops. I'm very happy to see you. Well, good night, then that's good night. Mister Manchester really is gone?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said I want a week way, it'll take her till Christmas.
Speaker 2: You end up. I think I'll have to give her some advice about man You mean you're gonna part with some of your vast or of knowledge on the subjects if it helps her yoke a bloke, I'd be glad to you know. You've sure got enough research on the subject for Aunt Lily. I hate to say this, because, frankly, your technique is a little ubie.
Speaker 3: There speaks the voice of experience, Aunt Lily.
Speaker 2: Tell me, frankly, do you have a yen from mister Yancester? A yen by Judy Eyes? I hardly know the man. What I got to do with it? I actually had a yen forum. Well, I think he's very intelligence.
Speaker 3: In Aunt Lili's language, that's I am, look aunt Lily.
Speaker 2: One of the first principles of getting a guy Gaga bat is to be glamours you guys, now, persons, take who Edgar? This guy going, You've got God about me called me up night and day. Now. The first thing I did when I wanted to make him weak, and he was that way the beginning was believe me, Randolph, please, Scot could I given't really any advice? Well, the first thing I did was find out what moving pictures? That was his idea, and I simply made myself look like that's done. There, I was, do you always do that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Sure, this was she is Dorothy Lamore Bradgar, and a couple of weeks ago she was Mana Chulder for child. For goodness sake, Calenda Chulder is okay, but her Dorothy little Moore is is very nerve Rackings. It is not Randolph. And really, I'll guarantee this work. Do you think so, Judy, I'm positive? Well, I'm not so sure, but well give me the work and I want you to make it only positively Humphy, I will make it so umphy. We learn it good. You can start the mud tack, and then an ice pack, and after the grandual of facial and then an eyebrow person an eyerish curl. This is not good at Lily, it's perfecly jerusylets to give me an Andrew a number of five. No less positively kichproof and everything. No, okay, up your lips on, Lili. And and when you finish, the manager give a credicure. The passion red nail polish on her feet tool of.
Speaker 5: Course, Oh, the passion red nail polish. Gee so fashion, Hey.
Speaker 2: Missy what I Judy wants to come over here for well? She said that something startling with going our merch from the beauty shop. You want both of us half on him here, I'm promissy high enough, Hello Randall and Lily. At Lily, this is Missy. I actually got by her well, got to give you the ones over. Oh really, Julie, do you have to call him perfect strangers?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Missy isn't a perfect stranger. She's my best girlfriend. Besides, she's practically authority on grammar anti micy. Wow.
Speaker 3: Oh practically, doesn't that Lily look perfectly youngly?
Speaker 2: She sure does me.
Speaker 3: I have been able to take my eyes off ant little since she came out of the beauty parr and I say, a couple of pedestrians with the same idea.
Speaker 2: I don't know whether they're staring at me or glaring at me. Let's go. Just wait till you get home. Mother's here. She'll be insane about you. And as for father, they'll have to put him in an institution. Yeah, Lily, don't you feel just like a movie star? Well, I certainly don't feel like myself. I think you will wow any man you meet if you just remember to turn on a heat. Turn on the heat. That's what I've been trying to tell her. Mixxy. She needs just give her the stuff at Lily, you know, quick on the trigger, give with this stuff. It's really very easy.
Speaker 3: For instance, what rep arty would you hand out of a man said to you, come now, let's grout.
Speaker 2: No man, I know what I it's say, Come on, mouse, let's grow. You'd better listen to Missy Lily. Her advice has been very successful with me. All I'm trying to do is make a cuddle chat out of me. I'm not so sure I want to be a cuddle chat? Why you do too, Aunt Lily? Go ahead, Mitzy, all right now, why don't you come back with When somebody says to you, what's cooking? Good? Looker? I don't know you come back with soap group? Well slow me down. Look who that is over there across the street. Why is mister Manchester?
Speaker 3: Oh my, why I am Lily into that glam roller number five?
Speaker 2: You're blushing. He's coming over to talk to us. I remember it, Lily sparkle, be enthusiastic. Gotcham Do you want to go right? You look like a house of fire. That's what I'm afraid of.
Speaker 7: You want?
Speaker 2: You want to make a positive impression on this guy, Miss Rogan? Oh yes, yes I do. But hand out the gool? Do you like Natia talk about his necktie and his shoulders and his chest extension? Well try here you come, good afternoon. That's Rogan? And hello children? What miss Rogan? What's cooking good looking? Thanks? Pardon? That's a very beautiful Next time you have on and throw your shoulders? What was that? Miss Rogan? And you've got a very nanzy chest extension? Why miss Rogan, Why are you coming over to dinner again? Mister Manchester, I don't know. You know what a having the dinner tonight?
Speaker 8: Well, no, I have having soup. Oh wow, oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Well I'm coming in at tonight, mister Manchez. Well, I hardly think I can make it.
Speaker 5: I well come over and grow mouth. Well some of the time, perhaps, Oh good good.
Speaker 2: Mister Manchell. Well, the fact is I am.
Speaker 5: I have a library commity meeting tonight, and I well, I I must attend.
Speaker 2: I'm dreadfully sorry. I'll see you next whinchy. Well, I'm not absolutely sure that I can make it. That is, I'll have to let you know. Well, I'm very glad I saw you.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I have to dash goodbye.
Speaker 2: I really have to dish boom. That's true, there was a danshing conversation. I can't understand it. You know, we're just wonderful. Yeah, you certainly sparkled and everything, Yes, sparkled, all right, sparkled him right out of my life. Well, we certainly did have a funny reaction or well, I really don't bother about him. If he had funny reactions like that, I just wouldn't waste any time. I certainly wouldn't. He acted like an egg. He did not. He did a tweet sensical murder. I like him very much. Cheap was trying to report love? Would I learnt to this well?
Speaker 1: Julian Ramdall seem to be doing it the hard way. We'll see what happens on your date with Judy. In just a moment, you know there's a hard way and an.
Speaker 2: Easy way to do everything.
Speaker 1: The hard way to learn if your teeth are dingy, if your smile is unattractive, is to watch the reaction of your friends if they seem to avoid you, that may be a clue. The easy way to learn about your smile takes two seconds and spares you lots of embarrassment. Now here's all you do is run the tip of your tongue over your teeth.
Speaker 2: Feel that filmy coating.
Speaker 1: That dingy film collects stains on your teeth, spoils the effects of your smile, and there's no reason in the world why you should put up with it. For pepsident toothpaste, remove that filmy coating. You can feel with your tongue. Pubsident with arium is a clean tasting toothpaste with super cleansing ingredients. It foams through your mouth in millions of refreshing bubbles the gluten and flush away the dingy film from your teeth. When you brush your teeth with pepsidonce they're so clean, they passed the tongue tail.
Speaker 2: They feel clean and they look.
Speaker 1: So sparkling and shiny. Everybody likes to see you smile.
Speaker 2: Small maybe your big day.
Speaker 1: So go to your drug comver tonight and say Pepsident toothpaste please, and remember to take an empty tube, any size, from any product to exchange for your.
Speaker 2: New tube of Pestsident.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see what's happening now on your date with Judy.
Speaker 2: All end Off. I feel catch he's been tankically in kids ever since we got home. She's taking me run and her makeup.
Speaker 6: It was for me.
Speaker 2: She looks that it was at rules. You know, Randolph, I think she goes to mister Manchester. She'll live marryhim if we keeps helping her. Do you know what I'm going to do, Randall? I hate to think I'm going to offer her Edgar Andar. What's she going to do with him? Well, haven't you ever heard of the Channel, try and book. When mister Manchester hears that really is going out with Edgar? Well, you know what? Real hot go Chelsey, I'm calling it to right. Hey, Oh that you Edgar? What do you want, Judy? How would you like to have a date?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Isn't this a slight reversal of form?
Speaker 7: Oh? Sure, Judy?
Speaker 2: Anytime he's say how about tonight?
Speaker 6: Well what do they think?
Speaker 2: Oh, the date's not with me.
Speaker 3: It's a new girl just came to town, a terribly new girl. It's just thirty four years old.
Speaker 2: You why is it a date? Edwer? You to pass off on me some witch? Why? Edgar? What a way to talk? This girl's just about the cutest number you ever said? All right, what's the matter with her? Lovely? She's very young and very attractive. The hand's mad a date for six years? And Edgar, when you do this for me?
Speaker 7: Well, all right, I'll do it if you will promise to go with me to the summer.
Speaker 2: Prom at today. I come right on and take up that Lily aunt Lily, Okay, Judy, I'll be right over. He's trying to do it and Lily and Lily. Yes, Judy, Elily, I got your date. With a new man. I don't want to date with a new man? Why? I really don't be chilly? You didn't want to date with mister Manchester just because you turned out? Yeah? Just looks now, Aunt Lily. It's absolutely imperative you and prefector because then you'll get dates with other foes and the first thing you know, it'll get back to mister Manchester. You're chasing your hand with everybod you'll let's be good, he'll be eating up now. Look, can't really we've got to go to personality entire again. Oh no, we're going to be hurt. Randolf, You Edgar, I'm who you pretend you're dating? Aunt Loomy.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm in the Edgar moon. You're I Comrady, You're not Judy.
Speaker 2: Somehow my heart isn't didn't they remember it's alcame to Manchester? Well, Rando, why my dear miss Walgan, it's a pleasure to see you again. Listen, may I kiss you're hands? Rand Don't you know Edgar doesn't talk like that. You don't have to be so Shakespearean. Excuse me the Manchester influence. Okay, I'll start over. Hi, good looks fools, brand ball. It's too abrupt, don't you understand? Try it again? Oh yeah, I must feel fus so we haven't had time gry hurt. Oh it really doesn't make much difference, Judy. O, Hi are you Judy? I want you to meet to day Lily Emily. This is Edgar, Edgar, this is mature. How do you do? How do you do? It is a pleasure to meet you.
Speaker 3: Gee's part of Lily Say experience, Edgar, goody?
Speaker 2: What are you doing over at my house? Till early in the morning.
Speaker 7: I couldn't sleep, so I just thought i'd come over.
Speaker 2: Did you have a nice time about Lily last night?
Speaker 7: Surely, Judy, I gotta talk to you. Go ahead, Judy, I'm I'm fans about her, so Lily, Lily. Don't keep calling her aunt Lily. She's hardly any older than you are, Like Edgar Wilson.
Speaker 2: She's twice my age and yours too. That's just it. She's so so mature. Edgar Wilson, have you got a crush on aunt Lily?
Speaker 7: Don't call it a crush that sound so well childish and Lily Lily so so spiritual and wantfully and everything.
Speaker 2: Judy, I'm gonna ask you something.
Speaker 7: What do you think I have a right to ask Lily to wait for me?
Speaker 2: Wait for you?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, just until I finished high school.
Speaker 2: Until you're out of your mind? Blow, I'm not a lot of men have married older women. Wife when I'm.
Speaker 7: Sixty, she'll only be seventy seven, she wiz, when you're in seventy.
Speaker 2: Oh I never thought that's what happened, Judy.
Speaker 7: Would you mind, just awfully if if I took Lily to the summer chrome.
Speaker 2: Instead of you all? May I see Lily? Please? She still thinking, do you want me to waituse?
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, I wouldn't disturb her sils and dreams for anything.
Speaker 2: I'll come back later. Bye, Judy, O Lily Bell, it is green. Randolf, Randol come here. I need you.
Speaker 3: What's the matter now, mister fact to try angle the backfires?
Speaker 2: Edgrew's goddab about that Lily?
Speaker 3: Now I have seen everything, I mean trying.
Speaker 2: To positively God, God about Edgar? Who Landolf? I'm desperate, ed let me.
Speaker 3: In great danger of what being robbed by the cradles. So something for our own blood relation, Anne get un selfish, little Beauty. Of course you aren't worried about holding Edgar or anything. Randolph don't quipple, so we do. Let me put my brain to us. I don't think of something.
Speaker 2: I don't be so desperate, dude, you'll get your land back. Hey, if I marry that Moly, she's me my uncle A. Well, I've been telling you, mister man said. He is still now talking in the library around though.
Speaker 3: Well, what I've been trying to tell you is that my aunt now he's been.
Speaker 2: Wrong around with another man she had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's practically on the verge of almost a pausing to her he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one of those whool wind courtships. He's got a practically swept off her beef. Hush, oh, that's terrible. That's her because she's so stickling an intellectual and everything. You know, that day we saw you in the street, she was just made up that way because she was going to a mascarade. Hush, a masquerade. I never thought of that. Yeah, she was going Judy.
Speaker 3: Everybody had to go with something funny. You'll order practically talking like Judy.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did a masquerade. Oh that's wonderful news.
Speaker 3: Of course, how you moved back, you may still be in time to stop the elopements, or maybe a ladder outside of a window.
Speaker 5: This very more, Randolph, I'm going to move faster than I have ever moved in all my life.
Speaker 6: The Manchester hush?
Speaker 2: Where is she? Who? Lily? Of course? Well, I guess he's upstairs in her room. But before she Manchester, are you going upstairs? We took herself that a lot? Oh, yes, a long. There may be a shiplighter outside her window this very moment. If there is, this is the first I've heard of it. Lily, Lily, where are you? Who's doing all right?
Speaker 6: Yelling?
Speaker 2: Whether what's happening around you? I don't know. Miss Manchester just ran upstairs like a crazy man. I wonder what made him do that? Gee, I hope he doesn't see it. Lily. She's in a big hair for Grandmos today. She's just herself again. Oh, that same old personality she used to him. My father got her. Look she told me it, Lily downstairs like a chid. Me. I'm donald, Let me go. I want to say something, Lily.
Speaker 5: I want to pay it right here in front of everybody.
Speaker 2: Don't do it, Lily, do what I can't imagine. Relly, call off that and open fy Lily, what's been going on in this house? I wouldn't know.
Speaker 5: I'll make you a devoted husband, even though my courtship hasn't been whirlwind sounds my whirlwind to.
Speaker 3: Meld me completely over.
Speaker 2: Donald, Are you proposing? Well, I guess I am you. I want to quick he early? All right? I stept you. Donald. He's here engaged, just so as I get my bread. Haaw, congratulates here Lily. I think I'm going to kiss you. Oh oh, not here, Donald's Lily. It's fun. Children. I just got another letter from Grandma. What'd you say? But let me see, she says, I'm very happy to hear about Lily's engagement, And oh, good heavens, what's the matter? Mother? She's sending answer to and count and Chachiana to visitors. She wants us to get them married too. You have just heard a.
Speaker 1: Date with Judy the story of an American family. Let's join the Foster family again for.
Speaker 2: A moment, Jim, Mother, I had a good week, he did this. Yes, I had five dates, one with Ogin and one with Hank and one with Skunky. Answered the door, Randall, Yes, fris we didn't wait.
Speaker 1: A minute to her teeth of this sort of a deportation who to get us with the members of all your family.
Speaker 7: Should be ready for depatch up, and we can just greet.
Speaker 2: Outside your hoses to midate with you one instead of.
Speaker 5: Closing one woman blanketon blanket for person who for several days got certificate not more.
Speaker 2: Than twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: A fantastic no, not at all. Hundreds of thousands of Dutch, Belgians, Poles, French have heard that order red. It is being read this very minute in some black corner of Europe. People are victims, always the quiet, innocent people like you, old and young women with babies in their arms. And it can.
Speaker 2: Happen here, yes, ladies and gentlemen, it can happen here unless we stamp it out over there. And that means guns and tanks and planes not only more than the enemy has not air supremacy, but air and grounds mastery that takes money every day, every hour. More planes must be built, more guns made, more tanks manufactured.
Speaker 4: That's right, Or buying a few bonds isn't enough. They must buy bonds regularly so we can make the engines of four without stuff.
Speaker 2: Every quarter we.
Speaker 4: Invested in war bonds sends one dozen bullets ripping into Access tank commons. Every dollar we invest turns our war wheels faster, binds our enemy smaller. That's why our government urges us to put at least ten percent of our earnings into war bonds. That's why millions of Americans have already joined the ten percent club by buying war bonds regularly.
Speaker 2: Every pay day.
Speaker 4: The best way to save god our future is to destroy completely everything the Access stands for with bullets, with planes, with tanks. And it will take money, ten percent of it every payday to do the job.
Speaker 2: My dad's name of the ten percent club, aren't you dad? That's right, Randolf. Because we know that every day, every.
Speaker 4: Dime counts in lives and blood. We hope you'll buy your quarter of war bonds tomorrow.
Speaker 2: A duty came to you from Hollywood.
Speaker 1: This is the National Broadcasting Colony.
Speaker 2: Boo