Speaker 1: We have a big day today here on the show. We are a marrying couple a little bit later on this morning. So right now, as we record this, it is six twenty five on Friday morning. The marriage is going to take place around eight o'clock. The wedding couple and their party is going to start arriving around seven. And they're the sweetest, They're so nice. They're just very charming and very happy, and we really picked just a great couple. So well, So right now we're not scrambling, but we're, you know, trying to use our time wisely. So we're recording the Minnesota goodbye, and vond is already wearing a shirt and tie. I got to go in the other room and change into a suit so I will look nice, and of course you look lovely.
Speaker 2: Thank you, uh huh, thank you.
Speaker 1: This is our first email, says hello, it is kind this week at my work. So I figured i'd pass along to you guys after hearing your little rant against Jenny. She must be talking about yesterday. Somebody wrote in and said, Jenny, can you not say like all the time? And I read it not to her Jenny's feelings, but I think sometimes I don't realize that she does it because I've heard her talk all the time. But it is something sometimes we need a little criticism, a little feedback, maybe to help us be better. So she says, I'll start with Jenny, you're close to my age, and your openness has helped me feel more comfortable in my own skin. Whether it's your party days or your anxiety. It helps to feel not so alone, Baly, because of you. I have to put my head down at work because I cannot stop laughing audibly when you get going with your banter with Dave and Vaught. I'm so glad you're on the show. I've also been hearing good bit, good bit, good bit in my head on occasion when I see jokes or pranks in the wild. So in other words, they see something on Instagram, they'll be like, good bit, good bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Literally, my whole life up to this point.
Speaker 1: Good bit, good bit. Dave, your voice has been at least in the background much of my life, from middle school till now. Talking about having kids with my husband. If all goes well, I dread the day you will retire, while also knowing it'll be just fine. Because hearing Jenny Vont and Bailey to get other while you're gone. They don't miss a beat. You are funny, sometimes give good advice, and most of all, you allow others to have a voice. I appreciate that everybody on the show has their own bits, and you also know when to step back well, and that's just kind of the style of the show. And there's probably a lot of radio shows where it's all about the host of the show and everybody else's job is to laugh and chuckle warmly in the background. Yeah, that's not my thing. Lastly, please let Vont know his hard work is not unnoticed. His opinions are sometimes wrong, but it's nice to hear another perspective. As Day says, not an exact quote, you never learn anything new if you only surround yourself with people who think the same way you do. Your edition really rounds out the show. Jannita even gets a shout out. Thank you for contributing and saying what needs to be said. And whoever uploads the podcast. These days, I've noticed that wherever there's some sort of issue with a podcast, it's fixed within twenty four hours. That is appreciated. That is a shout out to Bailey, Thank you to the Whole Day Ryan Show. You are a great relief these days. Do you like hot fudge Sundays? Right? So thank you Bri obviously a big listener supporter of the show. If you get the hot Fudge Sunday's joke and say good bit, good be good bit. Yeah right, let's see here. Jenny, Hi, thank you for this from Stephanie. Thank you for making the recommending the show younger. Yes, I have needed a fun and enjoyable show for a while and this is the perfect one for me. So much fun to watch and can uplift any mood. I hope it keeps being good throughout the seasons. Again, thank you for the recommend ps. I really like the movie The Menu, so I'm bummed you thought it was weird, but it's not really your cup of tea, so it makes sense anyway. Thank you, Jenny.
Speaker 3: I think it was very interesting. I just am I don't know. I don't want to give too much away. I just like happy, upbeat movies and I didn't know what I was getting into. I just saw that on wasn't it the Girl from Queen's Gambit? And I was like, ooh, let's watch this. So I wasn't really expecting what it was, and I will say younger. I'm on season four already. There's seven seasons, and it has remained good the entire four seasons i've been on it. So I don't know how that went super under the radar because it came out in twenty fifteen and it went till twenty twenty one. But now Netflix has it, and I think it was like premiered on MTV. Okay, so like I had never heard of it until someone recommended it through texting and then I started seeing it on Netflix. But really good. Definitely watch it if you want. If you're into like kind of I don't know, like funny, but a little bit of romance and drama but mostly comedic.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a quick, little like twenty minute episodes.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. I like twenty minute episodes. Right now. I'm really on the fence about Silo because somebody recommended it and I like suspenseful things like that. But it's it's a series. There's no it's it's a it's an endless series. In other words, they've done two seasons. They've been greenlit for seasons three maybe, for which means an ongoing, unfolding drama, and that basically they all live in a silo. They don't know who built the silo, they don't know why the silo is built, but they've been in the silo for one hundred and forty years. They cannot leave the silo because they know that it's not safe out there. But then they start to suspect that it is safe out there. They're just being told it's not, but they haven't really gotten back to that. It's all about like mysteries and murders and who done it, and it's it's it's okay, but it moves really slow.
Speaker 2: How big is the silo that they live.
Speaker 1: Giant, like one hundred and fifty stories and as probably as far across as a football field, So it's giant. Ten thousand people living in.
Speaker 4: That silod to live in the silo, huh, it wouldn't be that bad to live.
Speaker 3: I thought this was like just a family. It's ten thousand people.
Speaker 1: Ten thousand people live in the silo. And there's the rich part, the poor part. There's part where they're starving, there's part where they have food, there's.
Speaker 2: Part where they're in system.
Speaker 1: There is they eat. They eat each other in some parts of the silo, and it is a kind of a societal thing, but it's it. We got through the end of episode four last night and I said, I don't know if I can take another one, And then we started to watch episode five and it picked up a little bit. But it is a deliberately slow show.
Speaker 2: So Susan likes these shows too.
Speaker 1: She thinks it's okay. She's like, we can find something else if you want. I said, let's give it one more episode, so we'll see.
Speaker 4: I'm unlucky that Susan likes to watch all the same stuff that you like.
Speaker 1: To watch most of the same stuff. Yeah, I still highly recommend The Terror because it's short. It's eight to ten episodes, and it resolves itself, and I really love shows that resolve themselves. Not what's what's it? What's it called? What's it called? When it? When it just goes on and on and on. I mean, a's series.
Speaker 2: Sure, I don't know if there's a word for it.
Speaker 1: Don't share my name, Okay, first time writing into the show, longtime listener of Katie WB I remember getting ready for school in seventh grade, rushing to hit record when my favorite song came on using my double cassette tape boom Box. Well that's one that had one to play and then one to record on Yes, so you could make copies. I follow y'all on Socials and started listening to Minnesota Goodbye, Last Fall Love the short format. I don't know how you come up with so much content as you do. I do a small side gig and struggles coming up with constant content to share your job is an easy question. I saw Dave's reel receiving residuals check for being in the movie Joe Somebody that now is up to like one hundred and forty thousand views.
Speaker 3: Wow, and your most recent one, yeah yeah, which is like huge.
Speaker 1: It is me opening up the check for my movie Joe Somebody, which I did back in like two thousand and two, and I had a tiny roll. I was, I think the last person in the credits. I'm credited as Minnesota DJ. And if you want to see it, it's the part Tim Allen is in a fight with somebody at work because he's tired of getting picked on. So they agree that they're going to fight, and so it is the morning that Tim Allen wakes up that morning of the fight, and I'm on the radio in the background, so it's probably three quarters of the way through the movie.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I say something like, morning, Twin City's going to be nice today with a high of seventy five. Watch out for that traffic on thirty five w because it's you know, something like that, Okay, and then it kind of fades off into the background while Tim Allen's getting ready for the radio. Yeah, I mean for the for the for the fight. I'm curious what time of the movie you appear, so, yeah, like three quarters of the way. My kids are eight and twelve. They've been watching Tim Allen movies from the nineties, so I'm excited to watch this local one on Prime video with them. I also saw Dave has four credits on IMDb. Would love to hear a little bit more about each of the movies you were in in your experience with filming. I don't know how I got four credits.
Speaker 3: Well, you're on IMDb.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at am I I don't know. I didn't even know that I was on IMBB.
Speaker 3: Curious to know what pictures they have of you. God, interesting do you think they got your headshot from like, they don't find any.
Speaker 2: Pictures at all. It says that you were in that thing you do Nope. I was Romance and Cigarettes.
Speaker 1: I was not Rescue Me, nope.
Speaker 2: And Joe somebody Minnesota DJ.
Speaker 3: Somebody out there.
Speaker 1: I was not in.
Speaker 2: You were a fireman in Romance and Cigarette.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: And he played Davy in Rescue Me, absolutely not. You didn't play in one episode in two thousand and nine. You don't remember?
Speaker 1: That is the funniest thing ever. No, I have not. I've been a very very minor extra that I think they cut my face out of it in a movie called Little Big League where a twelve year old fifteen year old kid Inherit's the Minnesota Twins. I was an extra in that. I was also in the Grand Theft Auto of the Grand Theft Auto Games.
Speaker 4: There's another Dave Ryan page on IMDb where you are listed as Grand Theft Auto, but it says Dave Ryan the fifth and then Dave Ryan the First is the one that's known for Joe Somebody.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, inaccuracy on the internet. Yeah, no big surprise is there anyway? Thanks for asking. I hope to catch your response on the Minnesota Goodbye. And I can only tell you the experience with making show. Somebody really quick was somebody who was responsible for that audio knew somebody who lived here, so they called this somebody and they said, who should I get to be the Minnesota DJ, Well, you should get Dave Ryan. So that was like a local recommendation. I was on the telephone with the director as I recorded it, and the director was in Hollywood, and they said, yeah, here, do this, do this, Yeah, do it one more time and sound a little bit more happy, or sound a little bit more whatever, slow down. And I recorded it and I sent it to them and then I got I think maybe five hundred dollars for it. And I still get checks like every six months or so. Wow, like tiny little checks. When I was in the movie A Little Big League.
Speaker 4: They.
Speaker 1: Filmed it in an old tennis club and they had a mock up of a locker room, like a baseball locker room, and it was totally a fake but realistic looking locker room. And we sat around all day waiting to film, being a reporter in the background. Well, we never got to it. So then we went to the Metrodome where the Twins were playing, and we sat around all day again waiting to be reporter extras in the background. We never got filmed. Finally, we went to like the Hilton Downtown in the ballroom where the kid who owned the Twins now was doing a press conference and our job was to be reporters in the background and stand up and go billy billy billy as if we had a question. Yeah, I wasn't wearing the right kind of suit, so I was wearing a suit coat rather than a sport coat. So they didn't put me up front. They put me in the back towards the side, and I might think my face is halfway cut off and in the you know, depending on the formatting of the movie, you might not even see me in the movie.
Speaker 2: If it's a full screen, you won't see you.
Speaker 1: If it's a full screen, you'll see me. But if it's cut like most movie theater screens are cut now or or dead or your TV at home, you're not going to see me.
Speaker 4: I literally had to look up the difference between a suit coat and a sport coat.
Speaker 2: They look the same to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know either. A suit coat is part of a suit and a sport coat is on its own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, say okay, anyway, keep.
Speaker 1: Up the great entertainment Dave Jenny Bailey vaunt. I don't know how you do it, constant new content, big fan initial k. That is very sweet. I don't know how we do it either. But and the boss told me the other day, he said, I don't know how you keep coming up with shit, And I said, I don't know how I do either. But I never have trouble coming up with stuff. It kind of pops into my mind like I didn't even have anything to do with it, like oh, there's a corner of my mind that's working that I was, oh shit, and it like emails me a message to the other side of my mind, and I'm like, oh, look there's an idea. Shit, that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: And then he has to tell either write it down immediately or text me or email me immediately, or else it'll go away away.
Speaker 1: And it's true because I have noticed that if I come up if I'm sitting there like I don't know, or if in the shower and I come with a great idea, if I don't record it somehow ten minutes later, the only thing I'll remember is that I had a great idea.
Speaker 3: And where you had that great idea.
Speaker 1: And where I had it in the shower, in the car, in the gym, wherever. Okay, next one, Dave, Jenny Bailey Vaunce from Christopher thought I would share with you that you should start watching Silo.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I will warn you it is pretty slow and constantly dark as they're in a silo. Watching it felt like even though it was slow, it's kept very good. It keept you guessing and wondering. The season one finale definitely made me want to come back for season two. Season two was the same. Anyway, I hope you decide to watch it. I'm watching it on your recommendation, Chris, so I'm still on the fence, but you know, it gives me hope that you liked it. Bailey, Yeah, the other day you were talking about your the best or favorite rom coms, and I can't believe you left out the wonderful and fabulous Jennifer Lopez and Made in Manhattan.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, love that one.
Speaker 1: The story is absolutely ridiculous and would never happen, but it's still a pretty good one to watch when it comes on cable TV. But If I had to pick one of my favorites, I'd say how to lose a guy in ten days, Ten things I hate about you just married, What happens in Vegas? And the sweetest thing. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and be adventuresome. Dart dart lick lick. All right, Chris all the way in beautiful downtown Miami.
Speaker 2: Ooh, Miami, immyummy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Dave and crewe we have time, Jenny, we got a few more minutes. Yeah, Okay, I'm gonna check the waveform to make sure it is recording. We haven't had a problem with the wave form in a long time, so I'm just kind of waiting for that. Okay, here we go. I thought I would write in with a question that popped into my head while listening to the podcast. Dave, can you give us an update on your house hunting? What is on your list of must haves? Are you still only considering lakefront property? Give us all the details. We haven't looked lately. It's been kind of like day you date and you meet, you know, like a lot of frogs, a lot of frogs, and then the one prints that we want to purchase, somebody will outbit us on it, so it's like dating, it's like, ah, fuck it. You know, you just lose interest after a while. So no, there's no updates on it at all. What are on a list of must haves? Not gross? There's so many gross houses on the market, seriously, ones that are poorly maintained, that have like window leakage damage. We looked at one that was just fucking weird. There was a beauty salon in one of the bedrooms with complete with beauty salon sinks, and it was like, wow, a giant coat room, like it was a daycare. There's just a lot of shit out there. But when you find something you like, it's like a beautiful date, everybody else wants that date too, and they're expensive, so we just know, no luck at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a guy on TikTok that like, we'll just look at photos that are online of houses and it'll be something like that, like there's a salon in it, Like it'll look like a normal house that go through look at a couple of rooms. He's like, oh, this is nice, this is nice, and then all sudden, some really fucking weird room appears like sil gone wild. Yeah, it's so funny.
Speaker 1: It is, and there'll be a weird room like a tiny and a lot of it is homeowner designed. Yeah, Like you can tell we looked at one on Lake Minnetonka, and I'm going to tell you exactly which one it was. If you are at Fletcher's on Lake Minnetaka the house immediately to the west of it, and you can go look at it, and you can pull up Google Maps right now and go look at the on Lord Fletcher's immediately like touching the Lord Fletcher's parking lot is this house. It's on the most beautiful piece of land and it is the most I don't want to insult the house, but it is a very unusual home. It looks like a castle in a palace on one end, and on the other end it looks like a bunker from World War Two.
Speaker 2: It's so weird.
Speaker 1: It is the weirdest house. And we looked at it and you could tell the builder wanted to build something spectacular, and it looks spectacular on one end and on the other end it's a bizarre looking home.
Speaker 3: I don't know, would you really want to live that close to Fletchers?
Speaker 1: No, that was absolutely one of the deals because we thought, Okay, you live next to Fletcher's, You're gonna hear all Friday night, all Saturday night, and then when the bar closes, especially during the summer. Yeah, hey, and Fletchers is a classy place, but drunks are going to come staggering out ten feet from my bedroom window. We said absolutely not. So like I said it, you know, they say there's an ass for every seat. So somebody found that house and somebody loves it. But we looked at it and we said, Nope, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to find it on Google Maps and I can't. I can't get that close. So unfortunately I can't look at it.
Speaker 1: Oh really you can't.
Speaker 2: I could see Lord Fletcher's, but it.
Speaker 1: Is immediately touching the west side of the Lord Fletcher's Parker.
Speaker 4: I was kind of be boobopping around and I think, I'm Google Maps doesn't bring me into that direction.
Speaker 2: That's dumb.
Speaker 1: I'll find it for you, okay, And that is it for the Minnesota Goodbye. We will see you on Tuesday because we have President's Day off, which I'm surprised. I was actually surprised that the company gave us President's Day off. But yay, yay, I'm going to go to the RV show this weekend. Sounds fun with the girls and walk them around, get them popcorn and a hot dog.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for you to come in on Tuesday and be like, well I bott an RV.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, probably you would. That seems like a youth thing.
Speaker 3: I want you to so bad. Maybe not like one of those big ass r.
Speaker 1: No, never on those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of those was like the pole behind that, But then you'd have to get a truck, and that's.
Speaker 1: The thing I don't really want to pull behind. I wanted all in one, and then I worry that if I get it all in one, it's going to be underpowered and I'm going to be that guy on the freeway that's going forty miles an hour in the right lane uphill.
Speaker 3: So I mean, but that's what you have to do in cars like that because you get a dry flower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do have to.
Speaker 3: We had to stop you'll know what it's called, Dave. But the pass that's uh more in like south West Colorado.
Speaker 1: I drove in it like Creak Pass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's it. We had to stop at like the Overlook because our van was like overheating.
Speaker 1: You went through Wolf Creek Pass? Yeah, when was that.
Speaker 3: When we went because we went to the Sand Dune's National Park first before we did the Utah side of a road trip October, so we were kind of in That was when we were going to stay at your house, but then we didn't end up staying there, and so then we went through Wolf Creek Pass to get to Utah.
Speaker 1: Wolf Creek Pass is an amazing piece of engineering because now it's like a four lane, beautiful, glorious highway. But when I was a kid, we went over it and it was two lanes, like one lane in each direction, winding hanging on to the side of a cliff, and it was scary and steep and fucking amazing. And now it's like if you drive through it, it's like, Wow, it's like a freeway through the clouds. It's really amazing. It's an attraction in itself, all right, that is it have a great weekend or whenever you listen to the Minnesota Goodbye. Love to hear from you, Ryan Show at KDWB dot com.