Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. There no bit of time to do it, and Lord knows we need it, so glad you're here at three or three seven, one, three eight, two, five five the number you can text d an five seven seventh, three nine. Got a lot of good stuff going on today. The usual life and death and deep dive Alliance Defending Freedom joined us at four thirty six. You might want to pick that off the pod if you didn't hear it. Hel framped and no relation was with us. He's lead attorney on this very important lawsuit, Winter Winter Chicken Dinner.
Speaker 2: Let's sue the state of Colorado for the.
Speaker 1: Obviously unconstitutional HB thirteen twelve, which is now law in your home state if you happen to live here. So most businesses at this point our subject to being prosecuted by the Civil Rights Division if they tell the truth.
Speaker 2: And if you've got a man standing there and you refer to him as a man or you do it and you're advertising.
Speaker 1: Whatever, you're in violation of Colorado law. So yeah, that they're going to win. The question is how quickly. And again the process is punishment, right, that's what the left does. This law will cause a lot of people to self censor, a lot of people to just be afraid of the fight, and then they'll punish as much as they can the brave people who stand up and fight him, until those brave people eventually win, which they will. So we did that deep dive at four thirty six and love to get your take on that. We've now kind of open it up to poetry. We're looking for people who can make a great political statement in a poetic way and so really anxious to see what you can come up with there. That's been kind of fun. We've got some fun sounded the day as well. Ryan at Scott Jennings on his show earlier today, Ryan is this great show two to four in the Denver market each day.
Speaker 2: Just before this show.
Speaker 1: Scott Jennings one of my favorite people in media all time. Really have not met him personally, but just admire the work he does. I think he's presidential material, but certain will be us Senator from Kentucky if he wants it. And then we have this list going of top ten heroes in Colorado history, because as we are talking to Alliance Defending Freedom about this x x X Y athletics case where they're CEO willing to take on this fight, and that brought you know, Jack Phillips up and Lauriat three or three creative, just all these brave people we've had in Colorado who've been willing to stand up to the left or in other formats. It doesn't have to be politics, right, I mean, obviously start with military, police fire. But this list of top ten heroes in Colorado history. Would love your take on that. Of course, we've got you've got to have Kendrick Castile way up near the top, if not at the top. You've got Dave Sanders as well. Both gave their lives to save the innocent in school shootings here in Colorado. But there are lots of different heroes in different categories. So submit your nomination please. Do we have a trophy or something? Ryan, Have we come up with anything there? Three or three someone three eight two five five the number texs d A N five seven seven three nine. I mean the critical mistake of thinking that Ryan was listening to this show.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I know that.
Speaker 2: Just you are the octopus. I have so much cool.
Speaker 3: He's going on behind the scenes here. They kind of caught me off.
Speaker 1: Anything you want to share, it makes you get caught in class, right, mister Kaplos, Anything you want to share with the class.
Speaker 3: It's something Kelly did. We were talking about this earlier an hour ago, and I pulled the Dan caps.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wow, yeah, yeah yeah. Is it something you can share?
Speaker 4: Uh, now, it's something that you're going to be tackling during the breakout.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well I look forward to tackling that. Well, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Got a block and tackle, got a block and tackle r I want to get to some hot sound of the day as well. I will get to some Michael Bennett's sound. But I don't know why Ryan, because is it just me? Do you have this in your show? There is like no interest whatsoever in this Colorado governor's race or this Colorado Senate race. I mean, none of the Democrats are generating any excitement. Nobody thinks the Republican can win, so it's like a total non event.
Speaker 4: I think Senator Bennett would be wise to hire me, because it seems like when I do the impression, at least that gets a reaction in some cases.
Speaker 3: But other than that, when it's just him, then yeah, it's like paint drying.
Speaker 2: Would you work for him?
Speaker 3: I mean in what capacity? Like to make fun of him to his face?
Speaker 2: I thought would be a quick no, but maybe paid enough.
Speaker 3: I like the impersonation you do.
Speaker 4: If you could just do that, keep me humble and grounded and like on my game, then I'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, I don't know how much you're paying me? Can you what you know?
Speaker 2: Politics? Aside?
Speaker 1: Just what a waste it would be for Colorado if he ended up governor, right, because I know.
Speaker 3: He's just not.
Speaker 2: He's just not qualified.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he has skill sets in other areas, but he doesn't have the skill set to be that the chief executive of the state, to lead the state, to be governor. I mean, truly, can you think of anybody police is second but not by an inch, by a mile? Can you think of anybody an elective life from either party who has done less with more than Michael Bennett all these years in the Senate, et cetera. He doesn't have the skills to be effective, let alone as a CEO of a state.
Speaker 3: Does he even really want it?
Speaker 4: I don't know what he's kind of purposes, and that kind of goes to your point of he's just there. Kyle Clark made the humorous observation that he's like a cicada.
Speaker 3: Comes around every thirteen years and pops up.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the ultimate damnation? I mean, wait a second. I'm sure he's a great father, he's a great dad, this and that. But when you are given when you are given the privilege of a US Senate seat and all the opportunity to do good that comes with that, and I understand our ideology is different, right, But you're given that, and then you essentially pull a weekend at Bernie's for how many years, ten or fifteen years?
Speaker 2: You're just a sleep at the wheel. They have to literally take your pulse and you accomplish nothing, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, what does the guy accomplish? That's my point. And listen, if a lefty's going to have the office, that's a good thing. You don't want him accomplishing anything but the state of Colorado. If you're running the state, that's a different deal. Because leadership is going to be required. They are going to be I'm not even getting into policy opportunities yet. I'm talking about crises. I'm talking about leading the people of the state through tough times.
Speaker 3: It's going to be required.
Speaker 1: He has shown none of those skills whatsoever. Now, Wiser, who's going to get beat by a drum, like a drum by this guy.
Speaker 2: He'll be forced out of the race. He'll leave the race.
Speaker 1: Hoping to get the Senate seat appointment. You know, Wiser at least has accomplished some things. I mean, you look at his life and I think Wiser would be a lousy governor. But more over ideology, because Wiser is accomplished some things. He worked hard. He became a US Supreme Court clerk, which is very hard to get. You know, He's accomplished some things in office. No, I don't agree with the things he's done in office. But Bennett is just I'd say a bump on a log, but it would be defamatory of every bump on a log out there.
Speaker 4: And that just goes to where's the drive, where's the passion, where's the fun himself?
Speaker 3: But for himself, that's the drive.
Speaker 4: Yes, But can you know the same about Polis right that he self aggrandizing, well, self indulgent.
Speaker 1: Listen it, hey, listen to any of us in media, anybody in politics. Right, these are people, you know, with strong egos, they like attention, et cetera. So I'm never going to criticize somebody for that. But what you would say with a Polish or a Bennett whatever, is there something more? Are they about something bigger than themselves? And do they have the skills to accomplish it? And when you look at Bennett, it can be nothing other than a resounding no. And then you match that right with the ultimate arrogance, the ultimate entitlement, unearned by the way, and where he's going to come in and say, this is my Senate seat, this is my Senate seat, and I'm going to decide who fills it next. So the Senate seat goes virtually ignored while he's here running for governor.
Speaker 2: That's just the ultimate arrogance.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is he is one of the last people on the face of the earth who should be governor of Colorado, regardless of politics.
Speaker 4: And not that he would get it, but it's the only explanation that makes sense as to why Phil Wiser, the primary opponent of Michael Bennett in the race on the Democratic side, wouldn't have just hammered Bennett over holding onto that Senate seat while also trying to run for governor.
Speaker 3: If he really wanted to be governor, Phil Wiser, he would.
Speaker 4: Have taken that political opportunity and seized upon it.
Speaker 3: But instead, the only thing that makes sense is what you said. He's going to stay quiet and he'll take.
Speaker 4: The Senate appointment from Bennett when Bennett wins the governor's race.
Speaker 3: That's lame.
Speaker 1: No, what's going on now, I believe right I don't have subpoena power. I can't prove it, but what I've believes going on is that Wiser is attempting to stay in the race long enough and build enough of a credible threat to Bennett that Wiser gets the Senate seat for getting out of the race. That's what I think is going on right now. I'm not suggesting illegality. I'm not suggesting that he's going to end up in Blagoyevich's old cell. I'm talking about just the unstated, implicit understanding. But right now, Wiser doesn't have the leverage because there's no reason to believe right now that Wiser could beat Bennett. So I think Wiser's trying to develop the leverage to be in position ay to get that Senate seat when Wiser does get out of the race. That's my own theory. I'm sticking to it, and Phil can come on and tell me I'm wrong. If you'd like to, like Prime says, ain't hard to find. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Of course we should be talking about how, yeah, if you know, Speaker Johnson got his way, it wouldn't be possible, not just for gay people to get married, but for straight people to get divorced, let alone like birth control.
Speaker 3: Or how he would want to regulate porn or whatever.
Speaker 5: People most people would have a problem with.
Speaker 2: These guys are so stupid. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I know they have technically, they have high intelligence levels a guy like buddhaj Edge, but they are so street stupid. They do not understand that most Americans across party lines have have what each of us consider to be a strong sense of truth and fairness and right and wrong. And so when you tell obvious whopper lies like that, Okay, Mike Johnston doesn't want you to be able to get divorced. Stuff like that. All the Democrats are doing is hurting themselves. But since their existence right now depends upon lying, because they know the truth will not win for them, they try to, I guess, earn their bones and get street cred within the party by proving they will tell the biggest whoppers. It's a remarkable thing, you know, But I hope they keep doing it because they just keep hurting themselves. And I know there are probably folks in this audience thinking, wait a second, Dan, you're wrong about Democrats. You know, the Democrats don't believe in truth, this and that. I really think you have to distinguish between the people who own and operate the Democratic Party and at least a decent swath of typical Democrats. And I put that decent swath part, what do you think the percentage on the decent swaths would be, Ryan, I'd say, depending on where you are, but at least half. And I know that because I was a Democrat for a long time. Virtually everybody in my family, in fact, everybody in my family outside of Colorado's Democrat. And these are good people. With their honest people with morals and principles, and they care about truth. Now they see things politically different, and I do. And a lot of that is just they could never imagine being a Republican. But yeah, so that they are not going to respect or take kindly to, or want to vote for people on their own side who just blatantly lie. Now in the end, they might go ahead and do it anyway just because they can't vote for the Republican in their mind.
Speaker 2: They haven't reached that point yet. We need to change that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so stuff like that from Buddha Jeed, Yeah, keep it coming. That's that's good for our side. Three or three someone three A two five five of the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. And by our side, I don't mean Republicans. By our side, I mean the people who are right about things and want to save this place and the country. The country, Ryan, I think is in much better shape than the state right because don't you think the country right now is just tracking conservative?
Speaker 4: And I think the Democratic Party feels that way and they're scared by it, except for kind of a haven here in Colorado where they feel empowered and they feel bold and to pass these trands, the kids laws, and I've been talking about that on my program as well. And this is where there's a disconnect. I think the good Democrats you're describing, I remember them. I mean I used to be friends with a lot of them. I have voted in the past for Democrats.
Speaker 3: It's been a very long time.
Speaker 4: But I don't know how you can sit there and square transing the kids, allowing trans individuals who are biological males to rob girls and women sports and spaces, and keep voting Democrats.
Speaker 1: And it's nutty stuff, But yeah, you're right, they feel like toorly bulletproof in Colorado. I'm looking at this headline on CNN right now and it has video Putin war hero killed in mysterious explosion deep inside Russia.
Speaker 2: Now this goes back to what I was saying a little while ago.
Speaker 1: Putin and the Kremlin decide now they're going to umiliate Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: That's not going to end well for Putin.
Speaker 1: And I'm not talking about sanctions, and I'm not saying that Trump or US intelligence had anything to do with that.
Speaker 2: I know idea whether they did or not.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you that he's not going to end well for Putin if he's decided the road he's going down is publicly humiliating Donald Trump, And if you're president of the United States, yeah, they'll be the sanctions talk.
Speaker 2: But that's nonsense.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows, even though it should happen that in the end, that's not going to change Putin's behavior. But I think Trump, if Trump's determined to change Putin's behavior, Trump will change Putin's behavior. And it will not be with US troops on the ground in Ukraine, which should not happen. And if US at this point, if Ukraine was allowed to join NATO, it would happen. And Trump is not going to allow US troops on the ground, and he should not. But that doesn't mean Putin's going to be safe. Three out three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. A lot of ground we want to cover. Do we have any more good poetry? Before I get going on that in check, I got to refresh. The Republicans are read, Democrats are blue. They fight among each other, but not for me and you h oh, I like that one. Yeah, I mean it's a rhymes at least. Yeah, But I because poetry has to rhyme or it's not poetry. It can be something else. It can be cool, but it's not poetry.
Speaker 3: What haiku?
Speaker 1: And even though this rhymes, I don't agree with the substance of it. I think there are a lot of Republicans who fight for me and you, not all of them. I can't think of a single Democrat right now. Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe I'm.
Speaker 3: Missing Kana California.
Speaker 1: I think he's okay, okay, okay, Well let's be a while we a'm on the show.
Speaker 3: I'll reach out. He goes on Fox News quite a bit for a Democrat.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, No, I would love to do that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I want to get you some of the hot sound of the day as well. And as long as we are talking about as long as we're talking about Russia and Ukraine out right now, which we should be, by the way, because I think some things are about to happen there. Joe Scarborough must listen to this show, because he did a one to eighty in the last twenty four hours. I remember yesterday I was talking about how Scarborough these guys are nutty, thinking that that somehow Donald Trump's going to slink away. Now that Putin's not giving him what he wants quite the opposite. Then Scarborough magically now sees that.
Speaker 6: The mocking of Donald Trump repeatedly by the Kremlin that I don't know exactly how that helps some of the negotiations, but.
Speaker 3: We will see.
Speaker 6: The President has talked about two weeks before he makes any decisions on sanctions. Obviously, in your fusion, in the middle of negotiations, good faith negotiations, which needs to not appear to be you don't slap sanctions on anybody in the middle of negotiations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, yeah, no, this will not end well for Putin. Why do you think Putin did this?
Speaker 4: I don't know the calculation there, because he has to understand, especially with the public nature. And I think Scarborough touched on that if he's going to start kind of barking up the wrong tree, so to speak, Trump's not going to shy away from sanctions or other types of bolstering of Ukraine. You know, the minerals deal that he made.
Speaker 2: But sanctions. Everybody knows sanctions won't get it done.
Speaker 4: Well, throttling the oil production and if in Trump is threaton to do this to blacklist countries that are willing to buy Russian oil, and they won't do The United States will not do business if you buy Russian oil.
Speaker 3: He did that to Ihran, and he could do that to Russia too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think one of the possibilities here is when you talk about evil, right, like you and I people listening to this show, we can't I'm sure, even begin to understand that the depths of like satanic evil, right, because we're not We're good people. But with Putin, you step back and you look at it you're talking about, I mean, what he does, there's no difference in what Satan would do, right, It's just Satan in.
Speaker 2: A suit, and so that kind of evil.
Speaker 1: Yet at a certain point, rationality probably departs, and he probably looked at Trump's overtures, his willingness to, you know, just stand up to Zelensky with Zelensky's horrible oval office performance, and he probably misread that and just believe that he could go get whatever he wanted. And I think he's about to learn the very hard way it does not work that way with Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and it's not going to be by Trump's sending Americans to fight in Ukraine. He should not need will not. I think he's got other ways to teach.
Speaker 2: Putin a lesson here and then hopefully bring peace.
Speaker 1: Three or three is some one three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. A lot to do when we come back, including another doctor to talk about the medical.
Speaker 2: Reality of abortion.
Speaker 1: We're not going to be talking ideology or anything, just the medical reality, which would cause a lot of people to believe.
Speaker 2: We have to end that now.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast That could be awkward, very difficult. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is where you say, did.
Speaker 3: You ever want to pay doctor Caplis? Was that ever a possibility?
Speaker 2: I am one, Come on, I am serious.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's not a technicality.
Speaker 2: This is a problem in society right now because no, we are doctors, but nobody ever calls us that.
Speaker 4: You are more of a doctor, in my mind than doctor Jill Biden.
Speaker 2: Well wow, what I praise?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, but I mean literally literally, and I'm a little disappointed in that because we are, in fact doctor.
Speaker 4: Well, if you were a professor and wouldn't taught law, let's see it, see you.
Speaker 3: Boulder, wouldn't call me doctor. They wouldn't.
Speaker 4: No, No, our broadcasting professors are really a stranger.
Speaker 1: Got order to get something out of a Whedy's box, called me doctor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I go, So I do all this and that do it for forty years, it says, juris doctor. But nobody's calling me doctor.
Speaker 3: That's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, except my wife.
Speaker 3: Now we go.
Speaker 1: This is all a build up to going to our special guests, doctor Tom Prell, who is president of Democrats for Life in Colorado and is kind enough to step in today for doctor Catherine Wheeler, who is We're doing this regular segment where we just talk about the medical facts pertaining to abortion because there's a guy who wants to save all of these innocent babies. I'm a firm believer after decades on air that the best way to get there is just to keep getting people the true medical facts about babies and human development and abortion. And that's the best chance to persuade. And so doctor Tom Prall kind enough to join us read the buyo off The Colorado Sun of Inglewood, Colorado is a retired internal medicine and hospital medicine physician and president of Democrats for Life of Colorado. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and Society of Hospital Medicine, a fellow doctor. Welcome to the Dan Caplis Shall, Thanks Dan for having me, Well.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here. Why don't people call lawyers doctors?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, easy answer.
Speaker 1: They don't like us, right, they like you, and everybody likes doctor Tom.
Speaker 2: Nobody likes doctor Dan, not as a doctor.
Speaker 7: That yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But thanks for being here, Tom, because it has been so valuable to have Catherine with us each week. And we don't do the normal, uh you know, ideological discussions of abortion or policy issues. We just have real doctors talking real medicine.
Speaker 2: And so today.
Speaker 1: We're just going to go back to the basics and talk about human development from a strictly factual medical standpoint.
Speaker 2: So doctor take the floor. Just picture the auditorium filled with eager medical students and tell it like it is.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I mean, it's because the arguments that are put forward by Bush advocates stress woman's choice about but only appealing if you totally.
Speaker 1: We've got a little challenge with technology here because we're getting about every other word, and they're good words, but we're getting about every other word, can we get a little better connection?
Speaker 7: Uh? Can you hear me? Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, I'd trademark that. Yeah, now that's that's better duck. Can you can you start over?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I was just saying that WASH advocates that's the important woman's choice in BODI autonomy, which is appealing only if you know the fact that terminating a pregnancy means killing another human being, and that of a human being has their own value, dignity and right to on leo autonomy. And you know, from a medical perspective, the abortion industry frequently tries to guess light us by suggesting that nobody really knows when a human life begins, you know, which is really a very crazy notion, since established the fact that human life begins at fertilization in the late nineteenth century, and so it's not a new In fact, the Human Embryology book that is the standard textbook in all medical schools across the country, you know in the first paragraph that a new human being is formed by the unit, the union of the sperm and the ovum, and that's the start of human development and the human human being. And it emphasize the fact that this is fal Jacobs from the University of Chicago during his PhD dissertation, conducted a survey of biologists over fifty five hundred who the public was the most a sort of profession to make established when human life begins at Ninety percent of those biologists said that, you know, affirm the biological view that human life begins at fertilization.
Speaker 1: Can I stop you there for a second, doctor Tom Prologuess, Let me stop you there for a second and thank you for that.
Speaker 2: How could anybody disagree with that? Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, isn't that ideology a side? Isn't that like disagreeing with the sun rising in the east? Because what is that proof? I know, you know, but what is that proof that human life is in fact does in fact begin at fertilization? And how do we know that medically? Aside from safe philosophical beliefs.
Speaker 7: Well, the definition of an organism means that it's a able to direct its own development and on physiology and the human zygo, which is the you know, the cell that results in the union of the sperm and the ovum, that's exactly that it directs its own development. It's not dependent on the mother to direct it. It is self directing and that's the definition of an organism or human being. And you know, the notion that human life begins some other time is really archaic notion. You know, back in the you know, the Middle Ages, you know, when you had quickening, which is when the mother felt that maybe they assumed that's the life began. But that's because they didn't have a view, right, the right of embryology. So you know, it's pretty clear. And to suggest the wise.
Speaker 1: Doctor's so sorry, public, so sorry to interrupt, because I just love of the wisdom you're dropping directing its own development, right, Obviously, this human life, it's dependent upon the mother for certain forms of support, but it's directing its own development. And that there's nobody, right, I assume within the medical community who doubts that this is in fact a human organism that's growing. So it's human, it's alive, it's directing its own development.
Speaker 2: What more do they want?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean there should I mean there should be nothing. It's not a human being. That that's a bargment. But people try to suggest that it being until it's born, which is which is right, scientifically ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Right, that's such a key point. And again I'm so sorry that we have this bad phone connection, doctor, and because we are getting about every other word, but that's such a key point, right, So if you're just looking at the medicine for the reasons that you laid out, which are in arguable, then clearly, as a matter of science, you have a human life. When when people want to say, oh no, we're not going to call it human until it's born, that's not science base.
Speaker 2: That's just their own political ideology or wish or philosophy. But it ain't science, right.
Speaker 7: And and you know, there's some people saying that their religion says it begins at birth, but again that's that's not a scientific view, and it's certainly a marginal view even if it's held by a religious you know established.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And the purpose of these segments is, okay, let's just start with science because I'm a firm believer that that that's our best way to persuade. And doctor again, I'm sorry we have this bad phone connection. But my last question for you today, and I hope we have you back again soon, is I know you've been a real hero in the pro life movements, as you know, head of Democrats for Life, but am I right in leaving that the tremendous strides that have been made by the pro life movement. A big part of that has been ultrasounds, because people could see for themselves that they'd been lied to. When people say it's a blob of tissue, I mean, whoever, all the all the patients you ever had, whoever went and showed their ultrasound picture and said, hey, look at the picture of my fetus.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, that's exactly right. We now have a window into the life of the embryo and fetus. But by the time a woman even recognizes she's pregnant, the brain and heart are already developing. And you know, by the sixth week, the heart is being as moving by the nine fetus is ye preferences by swallowing the amnatic fluid. I mean, it even develops acoustical memories in utero. So this is a very sophisticated human being.
Speaker 1: And the doctor thank you for all of that. I am so sorry we have this bad phone connection, and we'll look forward to having you back soon. Doctor Tomprell also writes in The Colorado Sun, you're on the Dan Kapler Show.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast Okay, summarizes what we experienced over the two hours.
Speaker 2: Yea, all that, I would say, time of our lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah right now, right here, right now.
Speaker 1: Sad to think about, but yeah, no lives. But what a great song. That is just a great song. Some songs instantly create good feeling. That is a great song.
Speaker 4: I gotta imagine it's from one of Amy's all time favorite movies. I'm just guessing here, total lark shot in the dark type thing. What movie dirty dancing?
Speaker 2: H I'll ask her. I bet she is a great dancer. I will ask her that.
Speaker 4: And I'm betting again a fan of Swayze, I will ask you that is what Patrick swayzey, I will ask you that as well.
Speaker 1: I could see the resemblance Dansey, Yeah, I could see that absolutely. But yeah, no, what a great dancer and that that was probably one of the biggest challenges in our relationship because you know, not to be self serving, but I consider myself a really good athlete, real good rhythm, all this and that. But the whole dancing thing, not my sing, just like getting out in public and dancing.
Speaker 2: And she's a great dancer.
Speaker 1: So we're dating or you know, we're newlyweds, we go to these charity things, we're dancing. Everybody's watching her because she's beautiful and a great dancer, and if they're watching her, it means they're.
Speaker 2: Seeing me, and that ain't good.
Speaker 4: But didn't you work very hard for your wedding reception to be months?
Speaker 3: Yea months?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know how deep into the first dance I messed it up? First step it had to be. Oh, here's a great text.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 1: Brigadier General Maurice Rose was a Colorado Jewish Man killed in direct contact with the Germans and World War Two when his jeep ran into a German tank and he was shot and killed by the Germans. Rose hospital, right, I'll double check that where our kids were born. So yeah, we're just talking about top ten Colorado heroes and taking some nominations. Not that we get to decide anything, but it's fun to talk about, inspiring to talk about. Obviously we're talking about Kendrick Castillo, Dave Sanders, Jack Phillips. It came up in connection with another brave Colorado, another brave person standing up the CEO of xaxx Y Athletics Alliance Defending Freedom standing up against the obviously facially unconstitutional hospital thirteen twelve, and that lawsuit was just filed. So we had Hal Frampton the attorney on the show. We've had Jennifer Say on our show before, founder and CEO of xaxx y Levi.
Speaker 2: What didn't she used to be president? She used to be president of.
Speaker 3: Strauss Levi, Straussen Francisco President.
Speaker 4: Then she spoke out against the COVID lockdowns for kids and that led to a downward spiral that contributed to her exodus from there. And then she moved her her operations, her idea for XXXY Athletics right here to Colorado.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm just looking at Maurice Rose right now. Career officer United States Army turned the attained the rank of major general, veteran of World War One and two, commanding the third Armored Division when he was killed in action in Germany during the closing days of the Second World War, becoming the highest ranking American killed by enemy fire during the war in Europe and died this very heroic death. Yeah, now, very inspiring.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So who are the top ten heroes in Colorado? I think it can come from all walks alive.
Speaker 4: Somebody I think had suggested an earlier text when we had this conversation, Kit Carson would be one, k K.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I'm just not sure the Coatail. Sorry, I'm just not sure.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm kind of a wild West guy and I admire a lot of those guys from back then. Yeah, wider, Doc Holliday's buried here in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and yeah, yeah, I just I'm not up on all that. So you are the resident expert than that, my friend. I did want to get to this sound before the end of the show. Let me get to this because it's.
Speaker 2: Just so rich.
Speaker 1: Here is Jake Teppero, I assume is going to be running for the GOP nomination for something.
Speaker 8: I look at the way I covered, you know, the president, some of the trials of the President, I thought were you know, I think it's I think it is problematic when people run for prosecutor and promise to go after a specific politician. And both Letitia James, Attorney General of New York, and Alvin Bragg, the District Attorney New York, both of them did that, and that to me is problematic because you're not saying this is the offense, and we need to bring justice to this perpetrator. You're saying, I'm going to go after him. And I think that there was a degree to which that was tolerated by the media at large.
Speaker 3: I mean, I did note it at.
Speaker 8: The time, but like and in the bathroom, the same thing talking to the president. So it's also a different degree. People perceive it as more problematic.
Speaker 3: But look at what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: He's not talking about the underlying corrupt act of wrongfully pursuing this prosecution. He's talking about how it was messaged, right, And I said it at the time. I said it at the time he did it. You know, Alvin Bragg will end up being one of the biggest gifts ever to the GOP, and and I'll be roundly despised on the left because you just knew, you just knew that corrupt prosecution was going to backfire him and help Trump. And because of Trump's strength and courage, it did, and the wisdom of the American people have voted for him.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ryan, Thank you Kelly Jonas. To morrow, Pleas