Speaker 1: I almost picked up a gun last night. I almost got in the cupboard where I keep my gun, and I almost got it out last night. Here's why I'm in Colorado. It's night. And I heard a sound that would remind you of when you pull your garbage bin back into the garage. Oh yeah, think about what this sounds like. Bumbur rubber, rubber, blubber, rubber, rubber, kind of a rumble, blah blah blah. What the f was that? Now, I don't live near enough the neighbors that I should have heard anything like that. I don't live near enough this road. This is in Colorado, by the way, and I don't live the house is not close enough to anything that I should have heard. Blah blah, bah blah blah blah blah. And I thought somebody's in the house. This house is empty most of the time. Somebody has moved in. They're a squatter, you guys, They're a squatter. I'm going to get my gun and I'm going to say, hey, squatter, I'm calling the cops then to gut my gun. I didn't get my and I just kind of walked around, and I think I don't know, but I think I figured out what it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was that?
Speaker 1: Thanks for asking. I think it was the automatic ice maker in the refrigerator.
Speaker 2: Doesn't so scary.
Speaker 1: Well, it kind of makes a similar kind of a noise when it because think about it. If you have one, it makes ice and then it mechanically squeezes the ice out of the tray into the receptacle. Got it, yep. So what I think I heard instead of like a garbage something rumbling, was rumbling of ice cubes into the ice tray.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say that you saw like a raccoon or something, and he was like getting into the garbage.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you know the speaking of pest problems. I was no raccoon, but I did have a family of raccoons live in my chimney here one time mm and it was the weirdest thing. I was, like, I thought I heard birds chirping, and I thought there was a bird stuck in my chimney because it's a wood burning chimney. And long story short, it turned out it was a family of raccoons that had crawled down the chimney made a little nest in there, and so I called a pest control company, and though so they they said, one way to get them out is to blare loud music. You can kill them, you know, you can spray up there, burn a fire and whatever. But they said, blair loud music. So they blared loud music for a couple of weeks. The house was empty up the chimney and then they put a new grate on the top so raccoons couldn't get in. So and it worked well, it worked, and it worked well. One more past story. This house is a concrete cinder block house. It's sixty two years old. Never had mice ever. Now there are mice in the kitchen, in some of the drawers. And you know how you find whether they're mice, because there's mice poop, Yeah, mouse poop.
Speaker 3: I have mouse poop in one of my like towel drawers. I have no idea how there are mice in just that one drawer because it's nowhere else.
Speaker 1: Well that's the thing. I've got mice in like three or four drawers, but nowhere else. Yeah, And I'm looking and it's like there's probably they're coming in somewhere through the house. So what do they do when the when the orcan people come by, they plug up the holes and put traps out. Is that what they do?
Speaker 2: I get?
Speaker 3: I don't know because I've never had to call one. I mean, my mom had mice in her house once too, but then we had cats and the cats would just like kill them.
Speaker 1: That is the orcan man is the cat is the right. So anyway, the organ guy is coming by any minute now to look around and see where the mice are coming from, and plugging up holes and things like that. So that's all I got on that one. Did Jenny disappear?
Speaker 2: No, right here, I'm gonna listening.
Speaker 1: She doesn't have redit? Are you on Reddit? Jenny?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: I was working on some stuff for the show for tomorrow, but I was listening to your whole story. We were talking talking up holes, Yeah, plugging up holes. The organ man's coming over. It sounds like a porno honestly, like he's coming over and he's supposed to be here soon to plug up holes orcin man.
Speaker 2: Oh no, let me bend over, fell off?
Speaker 1: Bend my pants just fell off. I'll bend over and show you where. Okay, stop it? Next email A first email, Brittany writes in she says, hello, all I keep hearing about Nick the Stoner and I don't get it. What are the cliff notes of that whole thing? Please? Thank you. Nick the Stoner was a character on War of the Roses and he caught a talk like this and he sounded like he was baked and he was like talking about how he's already high or something like that, and then it turned out that he was cheating and sending roses. He wanted to split him up into two different ones, and that wrote something right wet Wet. Yeah, I wrote one to wet Wet and then his and so his tagline is I'm a school bus driver, like where you're a school bus driver and your stone he's like, I'm taking your kids at school. And so it's very funny and people love the Nick the Stoner version. If you, Brittany, want to go in the iHeartRadio app, you can probably look for that particular version.
Speaker 2: Jenny, Yeah, yeah, you probably.
Speaker 4: It's definitely under our War of the Roses podcast page, but specifically I would just google War of the Roses Nick the Stoner and you probably you'll be able to find it easier that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, check it out, it's worth it. Random email from Caroline. She says, I decided to host some gals at my apartment for context. I'm an introvert and I hate hosting, but I figured it was my turn and I haven't seen him in a while, so I sent out a cute invite via text four days ago, inviting the girls and their partners to my apartment. The only response I got was from my close friend in the group that I planned the part with party with, and the others never responded. What do I do in this situation? Am I being too sensitive? So I send the text again? Wait longer? I mean, I know people are busy, but I'm pretty bummed that I did not get a response yet. And I would like to know your opinion on how long do you wait for people to reply? Caroline? What do you guys think?
Speaker 4: I just say, hey, is anyone interested? Like I got to make some plans here?
Speaker 2: Let me know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't even think you wait at all? Just like once once it feels like while I've waited enough and no one said anything. I just remind people because I assume if someone doesn't get back to me, they probably read my text and they don't didn't have time in that moment to respond to it right away. So I just do a solid and be like, Okay, I'll send a follow up, but I don't. I usually don't take I don't take offense to it at all. Right, Yeah, Well, isn't that.
Speaker 1: Rude though, that you're doing something sweet to like have your friends over and none of them respond, I mean one of them. And it didn't sound like she's got a whole gaggle of friends. She said that she sent it out to four and three did not respond. That's just rude and almost cruel to me.
Speaker 4: I see, I'm in a group chat with six girlfriends. There's six of us total, and it's that's pretty much how all our group chats are. Yeah, is someone nobody will respond for like a day, someone will respond the next day. Then other people will be like, oh shit, I've got to respond to this, and then they'll respond to or somebody else will be like, hey, bitches, can you respond to my text? Yeah, like let me know if you're free or something. That's just like how our chats go, because none of us are good at texting. Honestly, we're all pretty bad where we'll look at it and not respond for like a day or two.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So what should she do? She Bailey says, go ahead and like say hey, anybody there.
Speaker 2: Just text.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even say anybody there, Just send the same exact text. Just be like hey, following up and then send the exact same text.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, hello guys. Happy Thursday, says Hannah. I've got an experience with Apple tags that freaked me out. I had just gotten home with my kids. My sister in law had come over to grab something with her kids. After we hung out around town and each in our own car because we had three kids at the time. I got a notification on my phone that an Apple air tag was following me for hours. Now. I freaked out because I went home with my kids and this mysterious person knew where we lived. My husband downloaded a scanner and went and scanned my car. Nothing. Then we looked at the map. They were at Shell's Brewery, then my husband's parents' house, then our house, everywhere I had been. I called her, and I called my sister in law. She told me she's got one on her keys because her husband loses them all the time. I was relieved. I'm super glad my phone did notify notify me about it, though, Hannah from the beautiful town of New Olm. So in other words, she was like, when there's an air tag near your phone, you get a notification that says there's an air tag near your phone. You guys, ever gotten that before?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a dog we watched that has an air tag on their collar, so we always anytime we have her. We borrow Andrew's brother's backpack for hiking trips a lot, and they have an AirTag in that, so I always get notifications anytime I'm around one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't have those are iPhone things, yep, yeaheah, I don't have those.
Speaker 1: It's about the size of a gum drop or maybe smaller.
Speaker 3: Sure, I feel like I can't sit for a friend who has them on her keys because does it make sounds?
Speaker 2: It can make sound? Yeah, yeah I can because hers has made a sound before. And I'm like, I have no idea what this is, but I assume it's some kind of tracking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Yeah, I mean it's good that they they alert you that, so you couldn't if you were going to stalk somebody. And let's say I was going to stalk Bailey, and I put one I don't know in like like in her wheel well, and then when you got in, if you had an iPhone, it would say, hey, there's an Apple air tag near you, and I think it might it might say because it then alerts you, which I think is like the the thing that Apple should allow. And they do to say, hey, you're being followed, and if you don't mind being followed. Let's say that Bailey and Trip are you know, they're in a relationship and they follow each other so they know where each other is. And Bailey gets an alert that says you're being followed with an air tag. Well, she doesn't care because she knows it's it's Trip. But if all of a sudden, like there was, you know, then you would know there's something in Nefarius going on. Yeah, something sketchy. So yeah, kind of scary, all right. Next one my favorite radio crew wanted to agree with one listener about iHeart Radio being glitchy a app. It's gotten frustrating dealing with a new update my phone on the iHeart Apple glitch or freeze up and even freeze my whole screen on my phone. I've also got an older iPhone to the iPhone five, So that other listener with the same problems as me. Either it's an iHeart problem or Apple is crapping out on our old phones and forcing us to upgrade. I mean, Apple definitely does that and it pisses me off. But do I switch? Never? Lol. If somebody else wrote in about that they had the same kind of a problem, they said, I want to chime in with the email from Sydney Apple car play features on my car not playing the podcast. I just want to let you know that I have not had this issue. Okay, So they have not had the issue, so that's good to know. Let us know if you do, because obviously we want you to be able to listen to the podcast in the show on the new iHeart app. And then we go back to Alison's email. She says, here's another fuck Mary kill for y'all. If you prefer the version kiss Mary ignore, we can do that when instead, So let's do kiss Mary Ignore. Okay with Pizza Hut, Dominoes and Papa John's Jenny, you want to go first?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, I mean I probably would marry Dominoes. Wait, sorry, what is the version we're doing because I can.
Speaker 1: Only think of the non version Mary ignore.
Speaker 2: Kiss, Mary ignore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I would marry Dominoes, kiss Papa John's, and ignore Pizza Hut.
Speaker 3: Yes, Ohn's the exact same. But also I can only remember a time having Dominoes. I can't remember the last time I had Papa John's or Pizza Hut, So I don't even know what those pizzas taste like.
Speaker 1: I think they're all pretty good. Allison says, I would kiss Dominoes, marry Papa John's, and just like you guys, ignore Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut is not the same as it was when I was a kid having the salad bar and doing the book It program for free mini pizzas. Anyways, love y'all from Alison. Do you guys remember the book It programmed?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, don't think I do.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you read books and you got like a free pizza if you could prove your red boy.
Speaker 2: But yes, yes, that was like a summer thing.
Speaker 3: They had like a little bookmark that they would give you if you came in and you're like, I read ten books and you bring it in and then you would get like a pizza and a Bookmark. I remember that, Wow, blast from the past, nice.
Speaker 1: Best chain pizzas. Now we're not talking about your local pizza, you know, like whatever. There's a lot of great little pizza places, but let's do just randomly talk about I know Domino's, they've been around the longest, and they they're pizzas they used to kind of suck. And I remember they did an ad probably fifteen or twenty years ago where they said, hey, we admit it, our pizzas are not that good. We have to admit it. They're not that good, so we are improving our pizzas. And I will tell Domino's pizzas have gotten markedly better since they did that, because they were basically a lame crust, minimal toppings, and they were thin, and they were kind of, you know, gross. But they said they suck, let's change them up. So Dominoes is good. I haven't had a Pizza Hut pizza in a long time.
Speaker 2: Me neither.
Speaker 4: I don't I, like Bailey said, I don't know the last time I had Pizza Hut or Papa John's. Little Caesar's is probably the only one outside of Dominoes that I've maybe had in the last fifteen years. But Domino's is the only one for me that I've had, Like.
Speaker 3: I feel bougie because I always get like Pizza Luche or Punch Pizza or potentially Papa Murphy's. Papa Murphy's Pizza is so good, so.
Speaker 1: Good, Oh my gosh, so taken. Bake Kine right, yes, okay, So thoughts on pizzas last email that we'll have time for right now. You were talking to before the Christmas break about your first concerts. Well, I'll date myself. But I was in kindergarten. This is from Neil in Atlanta. My sisters won tickets from Dayton's to see Abba at the Saint Paul Civic Center. My parents lotus in the station wagon, brought the whole family the show. I think I fell asleep and missed a bunch of the show, so does that count. My kids first show is another story. Growing up. They love watching Scooby Doo movies and there is one where Kiss is in it. My boys got obsessed with Kiss, so my wife and I brought them to see them and it was a concert to ruin all concerts for them in the future. All the light, smoke, flames, blood, theatrics made for an unforgettable show for them. It was so entertaining they ended up getting to see him one more time before they called it quits. We ended up doing a Kiss Christmas card ten years ago. I included the photo for your amusement. Of course, I had to be the fucking cat. We still listened to the show every morning on the way to school, and I usually listen to podcasts in the shower. Thanks for all the entertainment, dart Lick, dart lick, Neil. I'm looking at the picture and uh, oh, that's cute. Yeah, you were the cat. You actually a really good job with the makeup. And there's little kids dressed up as Kiss.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize there was blood used at a Kiss show.
Speaker 1: Like for what Jeene Simmons uh does a part where he stands there and there's like base legs like boom, sure boom, and he stands on a platform bu blah, and all of a sudden, blood starts trickling out of the corners of his mouth, and more blood starts coming out, and then pretty soon there's a whole mouthful because he's holding the blood in his mouth and it's running down his face. Yeah, and it's running down his the you know, like his chest, and the lights are going and it's very dark and it's just fucking weird and gross. But that's his stick.
Speaker 2: Huh. Well, learn things every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's blood in there, and we got to wrap this up right now. Let's wrap it up. That is the anisoda. Goodbye. Send your emails to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com