Speaker 1: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: Fred Rogan, Rodney Peat on a five seventy LA Sports Big three hour program for US Today, David Vass jumps on at two o'clock and Jack Harris at the Times will be here at one o'clock. So the Dodgers win last night, Jason Hayward, Jason Hayward just lashed one into the right field seats, three run homer, Dodgers win the game. Jason Hayward was pinch hitting. Why did Jason Hayward pinch hit in that moment? Because he's had success off that pitcher in the past and the Dodgers knew it. They sent him up there because he has had success against that guy. And last night certainly dotted that exclamation point. I mean the pitch was a little up and then it was all the way out.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean success won at bat one home run. I guess is you know No, in the.
Speaker 1: Past, in the past he'd faced him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and hit one home run against him. I don't want to face him like once good, but but yeah, uh so he knew him a little bit and I think he talked about it a little bit after wheres he faced him when he was with the Padres. But more than that, fred more than that, it was an incredible moment. And I think, uh Jerry Harrison said it best after the game that it's the reason why you have veteran guys on your roster. It's the reason why you have a guy like that that is sitting there that can play multiple outfield positions but also can deliver in the crunch time and the moment never gets too big for him because you're sitting there all game long, for seven innings and possibly two hours, not doing anything, and then you're called upon in a critical moment and you deliver. I mean that is that is you know, the being being a true professional and being a veteran is why you have those guys on your team like that. And he was called upon last night. He was called upon, you know many times. You can look back to many times this year where he's been called upon and came in and delivered. You know, I remember the Colorado Colorado, he had a big, giant home run to tie the game or to put the Dodgers back close in the game, and then ta Oscar hit the go ahead home run.
Speaker 1: But more than that.
Speaker 3: Freddy, people want to you know, all the time and we hear it on this show and the grumblings around and again set it in a tease. Dodgers got the best record in baseball, you know, throughout all the injuries, all of that, yet people still want to just get rid of Dave Roberts.
Speaker 1: Dave Roberts is the bad guy.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts is all his fault and nobody ever gives him really any kind of credit or praise when when things go well, and being able to navigate all of that, all of the injuries this year and all of the pitching ups and downs in the bullpen, being able to navigate and still keep the Dodgers in first place and keep the Dodgers as the best record in baseball. It was Dave Roberts who made a decision to pinch hit Jay Hey at that moment, Key King.
Speaker 2: Rodney, Rodney Rodney, you know that people telepathically send him secret signals from upstairs and he doesn't do anything on his own.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know, I shouldn't be saying that, because that is the underlying secret of how it goes.
Speaker 1: That he is a robot down there in the.
Speaker 3: Dugout and doesn't make any decisions, but that that aside.
Speaker 1: Uh, you got to give credit.
Speaker 3: And if you saw the reaction of Dave Roberts after Jay Hay hit the home run, it was like, my man, my man.
Speaker 1: Came through for us. My man came through for us. And it was a good decision.
Speaker 3: Thank god you didn't strike out in that moment because I put you in there for a big moment and you and you delivered. But that you know that just it's one of the things that you know, you could have very well left kiy k in at that situation or brought somebody else or not done anything. But he brought him in a critical moment and you got to acknowledge that. And so I'm trying to acknowledge that for him because it was a big moment in the game, gave him the lead, big three run home run and catapulted them to the win. So hats off to Jay Hay in that moment. And that's hard to do for it. That is hard to do, look I And it's different because I got some relatability to it because a number of years in my NFL career I was a backup and to sit there on the bench for three quarters not doing anything, and then all of a sudden be thrust it into the game in the middle of it and the heat of battle. That's not an easy thing. That's a tough gig. I mean, a lot of people say backup quarterback is the best job in the world, and it is to a certain extent, But until you're thrust into a real situation after not taking any reps in practice all week long and sitting there on the on the sidelines and getting stiff, and then you got to go into the game and try to create a game winning drive at the end of the game.
Speaker 1: That is a tough tough deal.
Speaker 3: Same thing for a pinch hitter that's sitting there on the bench for seven innings and then get called upon to come in in the eighth. All right, we need you to get a big hit. Well, that's that's a tough tough thing to do, and you gotta be you gotta be made of something to be able to handle that and not let the moment be too big for you. So hats off to Jay, heads off to Dave Roberts and the Dodgers coachy town for making that moment and picking Jay Hay in that situation. And Jay, hey, all all hats go off to you for delivering in that moment. It was a great, great moment at Dodgers Dating last night.
Speaker 2: That was a moment that won the game, the moments that kept him in the game. Lux and Muncie again, Gavin Lux, who has been the hottest hitter on the Dodger since the All Star breaking and matter of fact, I think, yeah, yeah, if not the one of the hottest titters in baseball. And then Max Munsey again again going deep again. That's another thing again, Yeah, talk about how tough that is coming off. Max has been out with what since May? Yep, almost you know.
Speaker 3: And and I don't care if you're you know, you're in the cage, you're getting batting practice and or you're you're you know, you play a little bit in the minor leagues. It kind of attached from tune up games. It's still not the big league. You're still not hitting off big league pitching. And for Max to come back after two and a half months and back to back games hit home runs and that one last night read that was the Max Monsey. We love to see the bat flip the no doubter or into the dugout, I mean, into the bullpen. And him watching it go with the I mean the Maxi. Monsey's got the best bat flip in the league right now, and it beautiful to watch when he knows is gone and he flips that bad boy and he starts trotting around the bases. It's good to have him back. I mean, they're a note now. I mean, with Gavin Lux being on fire like he is. This is what we talked about at the beginning of the year. Fredh where's the weakness in that lineup? Where where are the weaknesses in that lineup? Now when you look at it no longer. Can you just look at at O, Tawny, Mookie and Freddy and go if I get through them and Will Smith, if I get through them, then I'm you know, I can I can cruise a little bit. No longer you can do that. With Max back and the way mon and the way Gavin Lux is hitting, you cannot do that. And you know you throw in taoscar along the way, who's mister clutch all the time.
Speaker 2: It's a tough, tough lineup. All that being said, it was not an easy game. All that being said, and again it was the kind of game you're going to see in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Now you would think they'd kill Seattle because Seattle's not very good this year. But it doesn't matter. What does matter is it's a tight game and they come away with a win. That's what matters. These are playoff type games against a bad opponent here, but it's close. You've got to try to gut it out. You've got to try to come up with a big moment or a big hit.
Speaker 1: And they've done it now two games in a row. But you I think that's the telling tale here.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, Fred, It is exactly the games you're going to see in the playoffs. It's gonna be tight. It's gonna be tight, and then there's gonna be a moment late in the game, and that's sixth inning and beyond that is going to be a pivotal moment and.
Speaker 1: Whether a team wins and loses.
Speaker 3: And I don't care if it's Seattle, I don't care if it's the White Sox. They are going to compete to a certain level, to a certain period of time in the particular game. When you look at that Seattle team, do they look like a horrible team to you? Playing the Dodgers last two nights. No, right, I mean, they're they're they're the worst hitting team in the league. But still they they have some guys that can hit the ball, and they came up with some hits. Now Walker Buehller struggled a little bit early on and gave up some walks that allowed it. But but again, they're not a horrible team. And the margin between the really good teams and the bad teams is not is not great. And you gotta you gotta and like we said, you gotta put teams away. And if you let even bad teams hang around a little bit, they're gonna try to fight you to win. If they think they got a chance to win, and it's in the sixth seventh inning, then they get all kinds of life. So it's it's gonna be dogfights along the way. And you're exactly right that these kind of games are gonna happen in the playoffs where there's gonna be a moment in that sixth seventh inning, eighth inning where it is going to decide who wins the game. A clutch hit, a big time strikeout, giving up a walk, or somebody throwing somebody out. And we're seeing that, and I think it's going to be a good thing. I think we're going to see that throughout the month of September where the Dodgers are going to be in some dogfights to to try to win the games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Arizona and San Diego lurking ahead. You talk about Walker Buehler, Walker Bueller knows. Walker Bueller's got to be better. He acknowledges that he talked with Dylan Hernandez last night after the game about it another rough outing and there's no other way to put it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Remember before he went on the injured list this year, when he started the season, he struggled all right, then he took time off.
Speaker 2: He comes back, he's struggling. You can say that another Tommy John. It takes a long time to come back from that. But he acknowledges that this cannot be the way it's going to be. He gets it. He openly admits it, and he knows, whatever the definition of is, I got to get it together. He's got to get it together. He knows that he's got to go out and pitch pitching away to keep them in the game and gives him a chance to win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the thing. On that though, Fred I think that he's close. Right, it looks bad, but I think he's close, and I think he's pressing. You know, you saw him get a little frustrated with Ur. We'll talk about our umpire, who was had a interesting strike zone last night, but he got himself in trouble by the walks. He walked the bases loaded, and all it takes is a timely hit from one of those guys and it's two runs.
Speaker 1: You know, where he should have been out of the inning.
Speaker 3: Old Walker Buler would have gotten out of inning and probably wouldn't have walked.
Speaker 1: Two guys back to back.
Speaker 3: It's the little things about hitting your spots, and the more you get back acclimated to pitching again, the more you figure it out. Which is why I think they have to continue to trot him out there to kind of work through those those situational things that happen in baseball. Like in the first second, any of you can't give up walks, you can't give free passes and then let a good hit or come up to the plate with runners and scoring position, which he did last night, so Planco made him pay.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he's got to get it together.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, I think they got to continue on him out there, Freddy and.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts said after the game, basically, we're going to do that because we have no choice. We're kind of to this point now we've got no choice. He's got to go out there. So he's going to go out and you just hope you look at it as if he is an extended extended spring training, double extended spring training, working on things and trying to get those things together. Just one other note quickly before we get to C. B. Buckner. Tommy Edmund, Oh my god. That, oh my god, Like that's the real deal. You can put him anywhere. Remember he was a Gold Glove second baseman with Saint Louis in twenty twenty one, and uh, you can't play him anywhere, Andrew Friedman said, And David Vasse told us yesterday. On his wish list during the off season, one was Otani, two was Edmund and you can see why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was he was hurt. This is person this year, right, and and so they they thought enough of him to still sign him and bring him in knowing that he was, uh, he was injured. Because they they knew what kind of player he was and kind of character I think it was. Uh, somebody said it was Wainwright, right, and Wainwright who said he is he was the best teammate that he's ever had, and that he's the.
Speaker 1: Most well liked.
Speaker 3: Uh, well, he was always the most well liked person in the clubhouse. But yeah, I'm sorry he cut you off. But yeah, that play at short stop last night was phenomenal. It was a big time.
Speaker 1: Oh it was gold glove. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's not you know, he's not normally made by a guy that plays multiple positions. It's usually by a guy that is strictly a shortstop to makes those kind of plays, not a guy that plays second from time to time, plays center field from time to time, and then they put him in a short stop.
Speaker 1: No, it was a big time play.
Speaker 2: Now you can see why Dave Roberts said the minute they acquired him, he's going to play every day. We don't know where he's going to play every day, but he is going to be in the lineup every day. That was a huge upgrade. So what does that do for Piz and kier Meyer and those guys. Kier Meier I think is fine. Piz is in trouble. Yeah, I think Piz is in trouble and it's going to be just a spot player from now on. Yeah, I think so. Yeah, because defensively he still can struggle. Yeah right, And he's he's a bonafid big league player, but he's not hitting three twenty. He's not hitting three hundred, he's not hitting two ninety. So it's not like you have to have his bat in the lineup. And when we get closer and we get into the playoffs, we know, this one miss you in the outfield, you could lose a whole series. So kier Meyer is this outstanding defender. Edmund is an outstanding defender. So I think Pie has is going to lose him playing time, but again not by his own doing. You didn't do anything wrong, which is tough because I liked his growth, right they they they chose him over over Outman. Obviously, you know Vargas is no longer here, but Pie has jumped on the scene and played like a veteran all season long.
Speaker 1: I liked his game.
Speaker 3: I just hope that it doesn't, you know, stifle his growth because I think with every week that he was getting a chance to play and play often he was getting better and now you know, but again, like you mentioned, now that we get close to crunch time and we're down the stretch and geading into the playoffs, you gotta you can't have one mistake can hurt you. And and you gotta have guys out there that that have been there and done that and that you can always always can on and that's gonna make big time plays like Kiermeyer and Edmund, they're gonna make the the they're gonna make the spectacular play, right, you know, and sometimes you're gonna need that, especially in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: All right, let's have a quick word from Jacob.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you're a motorcyclist, you love the freedom of beating traffic by splitting lanes and making the rest of us jealous that you'll be home faster than we will. There is, of course, a huge risk when riding a motorcycle. Yep, all it takes for one person to be distracted and not see you. Obviously, motorcycle accidents are usually more serious than regular auto accidents. Call Jacob immediately after a motorcycle accident. Our friend Jacob has more than twenty five years of experience helping motorcyclists he knows your rights and he can help you get the medical care you need without waiting. So if you or a friend or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle accident, called Jacob and let him help you get back on your bike and once again be king of the rogue.
Speaker 2: So when you're call an attorney, you want one who was respected, Call Jacob. He's the real deal. Call Jacob at eight four four twenty four Jacob eight four four twenty four Jacob, or visit call Jacob dot com and make sure you're following. Call Jacob on Instagram, go to what Call dot Jacob for great advice, prizes and more.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: A C. B.
Speaker 2: Buckner was behind the plate tonight and I think during the game people got on their CBS and started screaming for help.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that, Fred Rogan on a help Day.
Speaker 3: It is a Wednesday on beautiful sunny southern California, making everybody jealous.
Speaker 1: Fred, you got a good out here, we really do.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow join us from the final stop on the Petros Andbody Summer tour at the band's headquarters and Coasta me starting at three. Brought in part by Blue Eyes Vodka, blue Eyes Vodka, America's number one selling potato vodka with three choices, strength, Huckleberry, and double Espresso. The guys down at Vans, I guess Genie Buss is gonna be there tomorrow three o'clock, final stop of the summer tour. So if you get a chance, get on down there, it's gonna be a great time. Ce B Buckner was the played umpire last night. He's a veteran, been around forever. It was reminiscent of Angel Hernandez. It was really that bad. It was as if he was watching a different game. He really struggled last night. Looks great in his uniform, very commanding presence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, commanding presence. Saw him at you know, first base the other night and he looked very commanding in his uniform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and seemingly a very nice guy. Buddy had a bad night. I mean he he is a walking poster for something's gotta change. With balls and strikes, I mean, it wasn't even close. It was a crap shoot. Every time you were at the plate, pitch could be a foot outside and be a strike. Next time it'd be a foot outside to be a ball. And it was noticeable it was obvious last night.
Speaker 1: And it was on both sides.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it wasn't like it was one side of either, it was both sides. I mean late in the game, Joe Kelly, uh, you know, clearly a strike and he and he called it, called it a ball, and then they called the strike on somebody else that came up for the Dodgers, and it was even a worse pitch than Joe Kelly's and he called he wrung wrung somebody up for it, and and Dave Ricy Date Roberts going crazy in the dugout.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he was, he was all over the place.
Speaker 3: And yeah, that's all you want sometimes, right Fred, You're a you're a former, you know, be consistent. You're giving up if you're gonna you know, you're gonna call the the outside corner, and you're gonna give a little generous call for the outside corner.
Speaker 1: Be that's that's who you are.
Speaker 3: But you can't give the outside corner and then also give the inside corner and also give the high and the low.
Speaker 1: You gotta be one way or the other.
Speaker 3: And because as a hitter, you know, okay, he's been generous on the outside, So I got to be aware of that, and I can adjust to that. But if you're generous on the outside and generous on the inside, then you're all over the place.
Speaker 1: And that's where he was he was last night.
Speaker 3: And it was some just crazy, crazy calls that he made throughout that game.
Speaker 2: And the issue became, he was generous on the outside, he was generous on the inside. Then he wasn't generous at all. Then there was no generosity. Yeah, then there was generosity.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like, yeah, he was generous. Then he squeezed everybody for three innings.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean it was one inning and I can't remember who it was. I think they punched a Mariner. He punched a Marender guy out on a low pitch for a strike. He punched him out. But when the Dodger was up there, it was the exact same place and it was a ball. I mean, let's just be honest. It was so bad.
Speaker 1: No more late in the game, right, did it change?
Speaker 3: He didn't give it to Joe Kelly, and then he punched the Dodger out, and then Joe Kelly being Joe Kelly, walks off the mountain and starts giving a Mariner dugout.
Speaker 2: Crap, he just started going after him. Oh he could challenge that. You want to challenge that because Joe Kelly didn't take crap from anybody. I don't care if he's an adventure or not out there, he does not take any crap from anybody. Which everybody's got to have that guy on their team, right, So he starts going after the h the Mariner dugout. And then that play in the ninth where the kid from Seattle down three runs tries to score. Yeah, he tries to score. Now, excuse me, that was idiotic. It was a terrible decision. Yes, there was no way he should have attempted that. Very fast, saw an opening, try to make a play, but he tries to score. So now there's a play at the plate and C. B. Buckner punches him out. So the minute Butckner punches him out, Scott Servis says, you know, let's put on those cans, let's find out, let's take a look. So then they start showing the replay on TV and his kid is safe.
Speaker 1: It's not even a question. The kid is safe. He's in. There is a question, go ahead, No, there's no question. He was safe.
Speaker 2: Safe Butner missed the call. Now, if Seattle scores that run, do they go on to win? Probably not, but it certainly helped. It was another out recorded by the Dodgers, so they're showing the play from multiple positions. The guy safe. Even when they show it in the stadium. Dave Roberts looks up and he was yeah, you know, that's a tough one. They turn around, they get the call from New York and they go the call is confirmed, he's out. What is that guy looking at back there? What in the world was he watching? How could you call him out? Because CB punched him out.
Speaker 1: The guy was safe.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe his hand was up all the air as the tag was out, just like Mookie's foot was up in the air when they tagged Mookie. And you know something, Mookie was out and he called him out and this guy was actually out and he was actually out, Yeah he was And was the guy out. When Doe Kelly picked the guy off at first base, he looked like he was out. Well, but they called him safe. It did look like he was out. Yeah, so you know what, New York looked at him said he was safe. In New York's By the way, New York's got more angles than we do. I heard no Mar say that. But you know something, well, I don't know what secret angle they could have had on those two plays because from the angles we had sitting right here, the calls were pretty clear.
Speaker 2: There wasn't a lot of wiggle room. I mean, on that play at the plate, what did they have? What camera did they have? Because from the cameras we had here.
Speaker 1: The guy was safe and he called him out.
Speaker 3: And remember in the rebuilt, but that I can't I can't follow him on that one though, Fred, that's a bang bang play.
Speaker 1: That is very tight. Rodney, you don't think that's.
Speaker 3: A bang bang play with the kid coming around on the pass ball.
Speaker 2: I'm not you know what, I Am not going to criticize Buckner for that. No, that the bang bang play when you saw either way, and that's why they went to the replay. And even with the replay, they still called him. They still called him out even though you know a lot of us thought he was safe. But but it was such a bang bang Even Mookie's play was a bang bang play, and by first glance, even MOOKI thought he was safe, and everybody thought.
Speaker 1: He was safe.
Speaker 3: And then they replayed it and and Mooki's foot was up, was up in the air as as the tag was made, and and he was out. But those are bang bang plays where you know, as a as a as an umpire, you got you know, obviously you got to make a call. Uh, And those were tough and could have gone either way in those situations.
Speaker 1: I am not for those.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm not criticizing Buckner for that call of the plate. Now criticize him for his balls and strikes because he had an awful night. Yeah, but that played, the plate went to review and it was abundantly clear that the kid was safe. That would have gone against the Dodgers. The point being, you go to replay, they've got angles. I didn't need any other camera because I saw what I needed to see the guy safe, and the replay official calls him out. And who makes that decision in the replay center an umpire? Yeah, you think he's protecting CEB that could have been.
Speaker 1: That was egregious. That was egregious.
Speaker 3: You think they're protect There's there's guys in New York that are you know, if it's close enough, we're going to protect the umps on the feel in their call.
Speaker 2: I would hope not. I would think maybe. But then that that draws into question who the replay official was and what are they doing back there? How could you miss that? I norma started laughing at that too. They're laughing mm hmmm. It's one thing when there's a bang bang play, the guy makes the you actually expected to go to review now I think they all do. That's why at the end of the play, if it's close, everybody takes pause and they look over at the dugout at the manager. All right, we're gonna check this or not, And a manager will spin his finger around and say play on, or you'll put on the headset gesture and say let's take a look. All right, So we know that already everybody expects it is not a surprise when that happens.
Speaker 1: We got that.
Speaker 2: So now we go there and you have the benefit of looking at it. You're not in a bang bang play situation. You can slow it down, you can look at it from multiple angles. And it's true oftentimes in the replay center they do have different camera or different camera angles than you have on television, fair point, But when the television angle shows you the guy is safe, then there's not gonna be an angle. It's gonna dispute that and Spectrum had multiple angles. And if that's the case, who in the world is making that decision in the replay center. We know it's an umpire. Yeah, but that that was bad, That was egregious. Yeah, And I thought the play at first base, I thought he was out. Mitya was clearly out. But maybe there was an angle that showed he got in there. Maybe there was an angle that showed that Will Smith clipped him on the on the arm before is our his hand touched home plate, and maybe his fingers were a little bit in the air fred as opposed to being underground. Maybe that's how close they got it.
Speaker 3: But I you know, clearly both of those looked like they on both of those plays, the one at first base on the pickoff with Joe Kelly and then the one at at the end of the game with the kid man and poor kid. Because now if he's safe, then it did the it lightens the blow a little bit. But if he's now the fact that he was out and now he's now he's getting rained by his manager and everybody else in the team's like, what the hell do you go, you stay there at third base. You don't take that chance. It's just a it's just a bonehead play. Don't ever do that again. But if he's safe, it's like, hey, listen, don't do that again. I know you were saying, but don't do that. It's not as as harsh, so it's.
Speaker 1: Bad for him. But yeah, now both of those plays look like that. The kid was out at first, and then it was safe at home.
Speaker 3: And and they got it wrong in the replay booth in New York. And again, were they protecting the umpires who made the call on the field by it's so close, we'll just go with the umpire and and and not show them up. The one gotta believe that's happened. There's a fraternity obviously with them, and they want to protect them all. But that would both of those I agree with you. Both of those were kind of they were bad because it's to our eyes if we.
Speaker 1: Saw one thing and we saw it clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't And there are other angles, but don't use that when it's clear. When it's clear, you don't need another angle. And then that calls into question, what are they doing with replay if you can't get it straight from replay. Now you have a problem because now you don't know what's going on. You know, I always say, we can't know more watching than the people on the field. We can't. That doesn't make any sense. So then we have replay. All right, let's go to replay. So with our own eyes, we saw what happened. How can we know more than the guy making the decision watching replay?
Speaker 1: That makes absolutely no sense. I think they need to start listening.
Speaker 2: Who the replay official is, play umpire, who's in the replay center?
Speaker 1: What umpire is assigned to that?
Speaker 2: And then do we have to question the decision of a replay official when it's just as egregious as it was? Has it really come down to we got to replay?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: We got to question the replay call. Is it one guy there in the replay center in New York?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it one guy or is it a you know, a committee of two or three people that are looking at it and they come to an agreement. Hey, this all of us could come together in New York and there's three of us looking at this thing.
Speaker 1: What do you guys think? What do you guys think?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, he's out or is it just one umpire that looks at it and says, Okay, I'm gonna confirm this or I'm gonna overturn it.
Speaker 1: I believe it's one umpire.
Speaker 3: This one guy per team per game, I mean one guy per game, right.
Speaker 2: There might be one in there that looks at all of them for all. No, it can't be.
Speaker 3: It can't be because so many games are going on simultaneously that it can't be just one guy. Otherwise there would be so many delays. Oh wait a minute, we gotta we got to call from Arizona, we got to call from LA we got to call from San Francisco, we gotta make a RISISICI. And there's one guy who's got to review all three of them at the same time. Now, it's got to be more than one.
Speaker 2: I still maintain who would I have made those decisions. I'd put like twenty five year old kids in there operating the equipment, looking at it and just going outer safe.
Speaker 1: Simple.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want somebody who may have a vested interest that his buddy is working that game.
Speaker 1: You just can't. It's unexplainable. You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't even put your get your mind around it. They just missed it and it.
Speaker 1: Went Hey, it helped the Dodgers, good, But what if that went against the Dodgers? Yeah? Yeah, I mean, look.
Speaker 3: Again, we don't I don't know what happens back there in the replay booth. But I gotta believe in that they're they're If they're ump, then they've got a little bit of sensitivity to the guys actually on the field calling the game. And if it's close, and if it's you know, it's it's that close where it's can be visualized as going either way. They're going to side with the guy that called it on the field, Okay, And let's say you're right. As it turned out that plate the play wasn't even close.
Speaker 1: He was safe. Yeah, I think so too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Def Leppard and Journey are teaming up for the summer Stadium toward twenty twenty four with Steve Miller Band at Sofi Stadium. This Sunday, Kate listening to Petros and Money for your chance to win tickets or buy them now at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah what what, that's all I want? There?
Speaker 2: Off the ahead, off air, Okay, off their perfect I'm looking forward to our break.
Speaker 1: Who knows They're Lakers. Who's ready to play Rodney and Ronnie A six six nine eighty seven two five. Come on Today's Afternoon Delight.
Speaker 3: It's brought to you right by a brand band right in our backyard in Los Angeles. It's Falter the People with their new single see You in the after Life. It's track one after new brand new, brand new album Paradise State of Mind that just dropped last week. It's said to be a mix of disco, funk, gospel, and jazz music.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 3: Today's Afternoon Delight is See You in the Afterlife by Foster the People.
Speaker 1: Jeff and Data Point. Are you there?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, data.
Speaker 2: Point is really really pretty. You know, I'd love Data Point. Do you feel like do you live in Data Point?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm in data okay? By high School? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like a step child to Laguna Beach or do you believe Dana Point is where it's happening.
Speaker 4: I think Dana Point is where it's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I think it's one of the hidden gems. To be honest with you.
Speaker 4: You got Ohana coming up to a pretty big schedule this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's great. Down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for you. All right, we're gonna play. No, your squad. Squad is the Lakers. Give you a question of five choices. Answer before I give you all five choices.
Speaker 1: You're locked out.
Speaker 2: You have a challenge. Use your challenge. It's upheld. Your retainna use your challenge. It's tonight. You are locked out of the next question. You got it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got it?
Speaker 1: All right, Ronnie? You ready? Greetings, Rogan and Rodney. I am ready to play. Let's go to work.
Speaker 2: Lakers won their first title in LA after the seventy one to seventy two season. Who was their leading scorer in that NBA Finals series went over New York with an average of twenty five point six points per game. Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, Leroy Ellis, Gail Goodrich or B. F. Goodrich Goodrich Gale Goodrich is correct? And Ronnie sorry, he beat me just two seconds. Yeah, Ronnie gotcha. Okay, good job, Ronnie. Here's the next one. Lebron James fled the Lakers and scoring in his first season with a team in twenty eighteen. Who was a Lakers' second leading scorer that season, Brandon Ingram contagious called well.
Speaker 3: Pat, wait, wait, Lebron James first season with the Lakers was in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Adam Adam.
Speaker 4: Is that correct about right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Twenty eighteen was his last year.
Speaker 1: That last summer he was with Cleveland.
Speaker 4: That next season starts up twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen seasons with the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Okay, just check it. So is this Rodney locked out or what it was like.
Speaker 3: A long time he's been with the Lakers. Didn't feel like that though, No, No, it was just a question.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a lot. I didn't answer. I just was just asking. All right, we cleared it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he should be locked out?
Speaker 1: Okayol Woa gold Blood.
Speaker 3: Data point, Jeff, he said it, point point. Don't care nothing about what do you call it?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: What's the place down there? Coda, Dekaza or whoever else is down there? They don't care none about want Capistrano. All them down there is all about Dana. Yeah, the hell with them all is data point.
Speaker 1: I like it. All right, let's let's go again.
Speaker 2: Bron James led the Lakers in scoring in his first season with a team in twenty eighteen. Who was the lakers second leading scorer that season, Brandon Ingram Contavious called, well, pop Lonzo ball, Kyle Kuzma or Kyle Chandler, Kyle kuz It's correct, Nie, Ronnie gets in that.
Speaker 1: That sound like that before him? I got a delay, Rodney, Rodney, don't you? Rodney me jump to say, do you do you really think you got in ahead of him?
Speaker 3: I do, I do believe that. But you know, Jesus, the way it goes that, don't we send it to the twenty five year olds to review this play.
Speaker 1: Let's move on, all right, move on? Okay, twenty five year olds?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Fred wants in the booth in New York to call balls and strikes and outs for Major League Baseball. He wants to put twenty five years old in there. Millennials that just are are tech friendly guys.
Speaker 1: They would miss it too, Fred, because they'd always be on their phones. Where's the rim shot? That was big? That was good? That was good? All right, here's the next one.
Speaker 2: Who holds the team record for most turnovers in a single season with three hundred and fourteen. Nick Van Exell, Russell Westbrook, Kareem abdul Jabbar, Magic Johnson or Boris Johnson, Magic Johnson, Westbrook, Magic Johnson is correct.
Speaker 1: I believe that. I see. I thought it was all right, we'll booth it, are we. I thought it was Rodney, Okay, I thought it was Rodney too. I thought it was Ronnie. All right, wait Rodney, I did. But this is close, very close. Booth it, booth it. Let's try it.
Speaker 2: Send it to the twenty five year olds.
Speaker 1: Westbrook, Jabbar, Magic Johnson or Boris Johnson, mag Johnson. I got him Johnson, mag Johnson.
Speaker 2: I got him, I got him.
Speaker 1: I got him. You know what I think? Rodney got him? Yeah, I got it. He edged him out. I got him. All right. Here's the next little bit.
Speaker 2: I got you, Ronnie that time a little bit, all right. Elmore Smith, Yeah you gotta got one. Jeff Elmore Smith holds a team record for average blocks per game in a single season with four point nine.
Speaker 1: Who Elmore Smith, Elmore Smith.
Speaker 3: You don't remember Elmore Smith, I don't remember any Elmore spec.
Speaker 1: On his name here, Jesus for a second.
Speaker 2: With an average four point one blocks per game in a single season while wearing a Laker uniform, Well Chamberlain, Shaquille O'Neill Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Dwight Howard or Dwight Shrek No, uh Well Chamberlain, no, Dwight Howard, no, uh no, Will Chamberlain, No, Sequille O'Neill, Kareem up Jabbar.
Speaker 1: Rodney Kareem Crimus was left.
Speaker 2: Two questions ago were tied Rodney and Ronnie. Come on, Jeff, let's get this one. Who was the franchise later in career steals with one, thy nine and forty four? Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Kobe Bryant, Michael Cooper or Winnie Cooper Michael Johns.
Speaker 1: Wrecked and it is Rodney Nie. I don't even need to check that. Oh, Ronnie, you want to booth it? No, okay, yeah, don't booth it because you got that one.
Speaker 2: I believe Rodney got it, never lost exactly. Except here's your final question. Who holds a team record for most free throws made in a single season with eight forty s Quille O'Neill, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Will Chamberlain, Jerry West or Jerry Springer, Jerry Jeffy Very West.
Speaker 1: Ronney got it first. Ronnie got it first.
Speaker 2: Yelling did Rodney's sitting at the edge of his chair, waiting to just jump through the screen there yelling.
Speaker 1: Didn't he didn't know it didn't.
Speaker 2: Rodney got it first, that insane.
Speaker 1: No, Ronnie got it. Ronny went way to go. Good job, thank you, Fred, Oh darn it.
Speaker 4: Okay you guys, thanks for playing.
Speaker 1: Hey, well, thank you.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: He just dismounted himself. He pulled the rip cord on his own. All right, there goes jeff A right, I said, point and five.
Speaker 2: Some of the LA Sports has your tickets to our twenty twenty four iHeart Music Festival, presented by Capitol One. It comes to t Mobile Arena in Vegas September twentieth and twenty. First join us for the last stop on the Petros and Money Summer Tour this Thursday for your chance to win tickets