Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. That's what happens when your little darlings shoot and kill their parents. The crime scene pictures are horrific. You think the DA did that. No, it was your little darlings that did that. That's why ye had eighty five. You're sent into the hospital in critical care. It wasn't because the DA show the pictures of what your little darlings did.
Speaker 2: It's because of what your little darlings did morning also eighty five.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, that's not a shock that you're put into the hospital with critical condition, right.
Speaker 3: Distress of being in the eighty.
Speaker 2: Five, yeah, stress of walking to the.
Speaker 4: Bathroom, stress of a Friday when you're eighty five, that can be a big deal.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of walking and stress, I was walking into the studio and I can count on one hand the amount of times Amy King has kind of flagged me down on our way in here, and to was one of those days. Or she said, Shannon Farren, and I said what's going on? And I said Amy King? And she said, are you guys going to cover the space situation or I forget what she said. What she called it, and I said, I don't know. I haven't looked at the rundown yet, and she said, and.
Speaker 2: She was upset about it.
Speaker 1: So I said, well, we absolutely have to address it if Amy King's upset, not not super upset, but.
Speaker 3: Just slightly upset.
Speaker 2: So they made this thing out to be it's historic.
Speaker 5: These women are changing history because Katy Perry and Gail King and Jeff Bezos's girl fiance and three other like I would say, legit. People were on the UH on the Blue Origin rocket this morning. Very cool, right, you get to shoot up into SubOrbit, be waitless for a couple of minutes. The ride lasts eleven minutes total. And they came back and I was like, okay, that's cool. And they made a big deal that it was an all women crew and I'm like, well, you didn't do anything. He just sat there, strapped in and I was just sort of like, really, like everybody rails against the rich people who have this, you know, they can do whatever they want. Well, theyre when a bunch of rich people who did whatever they want. They talked about how they were changing history, and then the thing that really got me was when they got back after eleven minutes in.
Speaker 3: Space, on the edge of space.
Speaker 2: Actually it was about three minutes.
Speaker 3: Reagan would say, touching the face of God.
Speaker 2: Gail King and Katie Perry kissed the ground.
Speaker 3: Oh kive, for.
Speaker 2: The love Christ.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 1: You know what pisses me off, Amy, Now, this was a blind spot for me. I had no idea this happened or was happening, and now that you're telling me about it, I'm getting very upset. The idea that they called this an all female crew, I think is what pisses me off the most, because you're right, not a crew. It's not like they're doing anything. They're sitting there on a ride. They're at Disneyland for rich people. They're not crewing jack s.
Speaker 4: You don't go to Disneyland and crewe the Pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 1: And the fact that they're saying this is the first time an all female crew, what do you tell since the Russian cosmonaut who became the first woman in space. If I'm that Russian woman, I am pissed off. You're putting me in the same conversation as Gail King and Katie Perry.
Speaker 3: Not certain she's still around, but I don't care.
Speaker 2: She's pissed. She's dead, and she's pissed.
Speaker 1: Like when an all female crew actually goes to space and does the work of going to space and cruise that, then that's cool, right, That's something to be celebrated, and you can put that all female label on it. But if it's just a Disneyland ride for rich people and then you're publicizing it as a female accomplishment, that's a that's pretty lame.
Speaker 4: Valentina is still alive. Valentina Tereshkova, Ah, she's still around.
Speaker 2: Did you have sex with her? Or is that the other.
Speaker 3: One sex with her?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Amy, what have you done? You've started something?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, it just it was again, it was very cool. I'm sure it was very fun. You could hear them screaming and yelling.
Speaker 1: Very cool and very fun. And that's exactly how it should be built, not as some sort of accomplishment.
Speaker 5: And then and then Katie came back and they were interviewing, and she said, I did this because it's going to change things for.
Speaker 2: Every right, is that right?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 1: I don't know secret experiment she was doing up there? That way to know about for three seconds of waitless. Yeah, okay, it might have been three minutes.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe she was.
Speaker 1: I forgot that Valentina was your girlfriend in high school. Of course you weren't having sex with her. That would be weird. All right, kids, you should wait. I should waitate a rush until you're nineteen.
Speaker 3: I didn't date a cosmonaut.
Speaker 1: No, but the girl that you dated, a girl you dated in high school, was naed Valentina. That's the last time I remember hearing the name Valentina.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, yeah, it's a good name.
Speaker 2: It's a great name. Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: There's a beautiful hot sauce.
Speaker 2: We should get something and name it Valentina.
Speaker 4: What there's a hot sauce? Really, it has nothing to do with either my high school girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Or was she.
Speaker 2: Was she a spicy girl?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Oh? Really?
Speaker 3: Kind of boring? Oh yeah, wow, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just saying, is that why you didn't have sex with her?
Speaker 3: Among other things? Yes, that's awful.
Speaker 2: We don't mean any of that. It's okay to be boring.
Speaker 3: We're playing a fun game.
Speaker 2: Boring can be sexy.
Speaker 4: Uh So, I can't wait to see the long form interviews of these these people who went to space today.
Speaker 3: The interviews will probably be longer.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to watch any Actually, we're not playing any of them all. No, we're not, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: President Trump is a hosted the President of Al Salvador at the White House today and they're doing I don't know if you've noticed all of the gold appointments that have now been added to the Oval Office.
Speaker 3: It really gaudy.
Speaker 1: Oh they they got a shine of gold paint, didn't they. Yeah, this is like whoever does the helmets for Notre Dame football in the off season. They got pulled into the Oval Office to touch up the paint.
Speaker 3: Look, you can see that the table has.
Speaker 2: All very fresh gold paint.
Speaker 4: All of the giant, hugely ornate frames around the pictures those are all gold now as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an odd It's just an odd look.
Speaker 2: That's like what Trump's house is like, though exactly he's do it.
Speaker 3: He gets to call the shots on that.
Speaker 1: It's very nineteen eighties Miami Vice esque kind of aesthetic. Hey, the giants are off to their best art since two thousand and three?
Speaker 2: Do you know that?
Speaker 3: I do know that.
Speaker 4: I don't bring it up because you get mad at me when I say things like, if your third place Dodgers are taking on the Rock.
Speaker 2: Tonight April, it's April.
Speaker 3: I also know that.
Speaker 2: I thought I'd give you a win while you can take it.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers don't play the Giants until June. Until mid June.
Speaker 2: That's weird, right, it's stupid.
Speaker 3: I don't like that schedule. There's got to be a way to adjust that.
Speaker 2: You know, you should go up there and see a game.
Speaker 1: I've been reading about this new mayor of San Francisco kind of doing things right.
Speaker 2: He's turning things around.
Speaker 1: The vibe is different, vibe the way they're super different, and he is trying to be their poster boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I thought for the first time after reading a lengthy piece about him. The last time we talked about him, it was crimes down in San Francisco a lot, And then I read this piece about him, and I'm thinking, maybe I should go back to San Francis see what a difference can make in terms of tourism and tax dollars. Somebody who's just like, you know, we're not going to put up with this. We're not going to have needles in the street, We're not going to make this okay.
Speaker 2: Anymore.
Speaker 1: You're not going to give out. You can't do that, and you can't poop there. Yeah huh. Anyway, the Dodgers take on the Rockies to night Dodger Stadium, first pitch at seven. Listen to every play on AM five seventy LA Sports Live from the Gallupin Motors Broadcast Booth, and stream all games in HD on the iHeartRadio app Keyword AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: Look at that tonight, by the way, is the Hello Kitty Squish Plush.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's gonna be a freaking madhouse.
Speaker 1: Hey, look at that all that money we have, oh, just sitting around. Yeah, we're going to give that away when we come back.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll do so, Gary and Channon, we'll continue.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 1: Forty man accused of setting fire to Josh Shapiro's home while he and his family were sleeping.
Speaker 2: How terrifying.
Speaker 1: Shapiro Is wife Lori, their four children, two dogs, and another family forced to evacuate. This happened early yesterday morning.
Speaker 4: This was Governor Josh Shapiro explaining it to the News Comperence after later yesterday.
Speaker 7: At approximately two o'clock in the morning, while my family and I were asleep upstairs here at the Governor's residence, one of the state troopers assigned to our detail banged on our door, woke us up and told us we had an emergency and needed to leave immediately. Together, we secured all of our children, our two dogs, our family that was staying with us, and the troopers safely evacuated us from the Governor's residence.
Speaker 4: Thirty eight year old guy named Cody Balmer turned himself into police, being held on charges of attempted murder, aggravated arson, and terrorism, among other things, in connection with this fire. Here's what we know. There are more questions in my mind than there are our answers as to exactly what happened. But they said that this guy was able to hop the fence that surrounds the Harrisburg residence, the Harrisburg Governor's mansion. There, he broke a couple of windows with a hammer. He climbed in through one of them to get into the home, where he threw in a couple of Molotov cocktails he had made by siphoning gas out of a lawnmower, and putting it into Heineken bottles to start the fire. He was inside the governor's residence, they said, for less than one minute, and was actively evading state troopers who were looking for him at the time. He was able to kick the dining room door down and leave, and they didn't even get him when he was there. It was later that I think his girlfriend or an ex girlfriend, yeah, called the cops to say that her ex boyfriend admitted that this was his doing.
Speaker 1: Cody Palmer, thirty eight bomber admitted to harboring hatred towards Shapiro, said if Shapiro had found him inside his home, he would have beaten the governor with his hammer.
Speaker 4: A couple of questions. I know that this is not the president and the Secret Service guarding him, but every state governor has a security detail. Were Is there no burglar alarm intrusions?
Speaker 2: Is there like simply safe? Is there no smoke? Is there no home alarm system?
Speaker 3: I mean, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: It's just an odd It's very odd. I mean, thankfully he was able to get out. He he and the family, like he said, and the dogs, et cetera.
Speaker 7: We don't know the person's specific motive yet. But we do know a few truths. First, this type of violence is not okay.
Speaker 3: Who is this? That's the governor.
Speaker 7: This kind of violence is becoming far too common in our society, and I don't give a damn if it's coming from one particular side or the other. Directed it one particular party or another, one particular person or another. It is not okay.
Speaker 3: And it has to stop.
Speaker 1: This isn't just this is mental illness. You don't bust into the governor's home and want to beat him with a hammer because of just simple crime rates.
Speaker 4: This is when they got this guy and it turns out that this is what he was there to do. It completely reminded me of the guy that went after Nancy Pelosi and ended up hitting.
Speaker 1: Although I still think that there's something, No, there's not. He had a cocktail in his hand. Who did husband? So that ice in it?
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: You don't have.
Speaker 1: A tumbler if somebody has broken into your home to kill you, even if it was even if that person demanded a glass of water, you don't put ice in it.
Speaker 2: The fact that he has and what ice, I don't know.
Speaker 4: He's just trying to be nice you don't want to make the guy even more mad by not putting ice in them.
Speaker 2: What kind of intruder says and put ice in it. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It just it's someone who's crazy, said, we already established this is this is the work of mental illness.
Speaker 1: I got in trouble, by the way at the time for saying that there was something amiss there.
Speaker 3: I know, I remember.
Speaker 2: I still believe there's something amiss that house.
Speaker 4: I looked it up. Built in nineteen sixty eight. The Governor's the mansion there that they used in Harrisburg. I don't know why I spent that much time even bothering to look. It's a twenty nine thousand square foot house, but most of the bottom floor is like ceremonial.
Speaker 1: It's like twenty times the size of my house. Yeah, it's a big, a big, big bird. That is a big bird.
Speaker 3: So anyway, good news is that they got the guy.
Speaker 4: The house itself had some pretty significant damage, but for the most part, everybody else got out safely.
Speaker 3: They'll be reviewing security detail around the governor.
Speaker 2: You ever play red Light Green Light at Calskate?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, ouch, I know head, I know it's a real humbler, isn't it? Elizabeth Warren s as the president is playing red light green light with the tariffs. We've got exemptions on tech that seem to be temporary. What you should know when we return.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: If this wasn't so embarrassing, it would be pure comedy. But the women who paid a bunch of money to go to space for eleven minutes but are now calling themselves astronauts and a crew are holding a press conference. They're all in hot form fitting waste giving space suits. They've had a glam squad there picture Real Housewives reunion right like that kind of glam squad situation, but in hot spacesuits like Barbie spacesuits. And they're talking about overcoming adversity to have gone on this flight. Gail King actually just said, guys, she just said something to the effect of it hurts. At one point she felt pain, and she said, now I feel like it can overcome anything. I'm going to go get my ears pierced. Now I've always been afraid because that hurts. Like this is a true story. This is happening live right now. And I and like you said, Amy, I just remembered the word you said to me as I was walking down the hall. Embarrassing. That's exactly right. It's embarrassing. I'm embarrassed the fact that they're fielding questions, no irony whatsoever.
Speaker 2: This is not a joke.
Speaker 1: They think that they're astronauts, that they that they that they did real work today in the space program. Like it's really freaking embarrassing. It's like rich people with their head in the stands saying excuse me.
Speaker 2: Compounded by this this.
Speaker 1: Woman power thing that is unearned. There is unearned. That that I think is the is the worst part about it.
Speaker 4: I'm saying this as a guy in normal on thin ice here, but stop asking about feelings and emotions about what happened. And that's a I mean, it's it's a it's a I think it's Clarissa Thompson, Carrissa Thompson sports reporter who's asking these these six women about their their time and it's not I mean, listen, they weren't.
Speaker 7: Up there.
Speaker 2: Because it wasn't technically they were writing this thing.
Speaker 1: But they're acting, they're answering these emotions, feelings, questions like it's technical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're answering like it was Apollo thirteen and they weren't sure they were going to come back.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's why. That's why it's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: Amy it was because I listen, it takes giant ovaries or balls.
Speaker 2: I don't care to do what they did. And there are.
Speaker 1: Women in NASA right now who are doing the real thing.
Speaker 4: So who are Sonny Williams, who, like you said, just came off of this International Space Station because she was up there for nine months when she was only supposed to be up there for nine days. Where is she crushing popcorn right now watching these ladies and just laughing at them like all sisters, you have no you have no clue.
Speaker 1: It's such a farce. It's so embarrassing. And the fact that they're given any sort of platform, like it's a cool thing they did. They should take pictures, they should be in their hot space suits and in post post away. But like the idea that this is being held up is a real space mission is embarrassing for the whole country. My god, who throw do we celebrate celebrity this much?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's embarrassing.
Speaker 3: And don't forget.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's one major aspect of this that you can't ignore. They chose Katy Perry, they chose Gail King. Jeff Bezos chose his fiancee to be on this, and he's the one who's you know, who's bankrolling this whole thing. It's not a giant leap forward for womenkind. It's not a giant leap forward for the space race. It's not a giant leap forward for anything other than Jeff Bezos marketing his company.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: If I have a little girl and she's watching this, and she looks at this and she goes, I want to be one of these women, I'm thinking, yes, that is an avenue.
Speaker 2: Get rich, get work done, get all the diets.
Speaker 3: Make sure you compare this.
Speaker 1: But you could also look at Gary's daughter, who is a grad student, a biochemistry grad student on a full ride, and you can get there that way too. And what's more rewarding making your lipstick match your space suit or knowing you did the work at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: I mean the unseriousness of Lord Katy Perry holding a little flower the entire time she was there.
Speaker 2: It was for her daughter, Okay. Her shot name is Daisy. It is stop it, Daisy.
Speaker 3: I'm worried.
Speaker 5: You can grow up in any environment, the row, through the cracks in concrete.
Speaker 6: Stop it.
Speaker 2: They can survive and they can thrive.
Speaker 1: Guess what, Katy Perry's daughter never has to worry about living in concrete. Good lord, are you freaking serious, Amy King? I did not have Amy King pissing me off for the entire day on my Bengo card this morning.
Speaker 2: Not you personally look.
Speaker 3: At her face.
Speaker 2: No, don't be upset.
Speaker 3: Amy's got a good foot on you, so be careful.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Amy King knows where the trigger is.
Speaker 4: So the other actual news that's going on over the weekend has been this on again, off again discussion of tariffs and what in the world is going on.
Speaker 2: We should ask Katy Perry, Gail King what to do.
Speaker 4: The Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnik says the decision on Friday to exempt electronic devices think iPhones, other smartphones, laptops and things like that from tariffs is only temporary and those products will still face separate levees. So we have tariffs, then we don't have tariffs, and then we have some tariffs but not all tariffs. And somewhere someone in the White House is describing this as a master plan that is playing out exactly the way they want it to.
Speaker 3: Why don't we know what that master plan is?
Speaker 4: And why does it feel like this is seat of the paints work every single day.
Speaker 2: I don't think there is a master port can't be.
Speaker 1: I mean, when you are negotiating a deal, there's going to be a lot of what's the word, I'm looking variables. There's gonna be a lot of variables. So you've got to kind of constantly pivot and adjust your stance.
Speaker 2: Right, That's what's happening.
Speaker 1: There is no massive road plan map of what's going on, no roadmap of what they're doing, because you've got to constantly pivot based on the responses you're getting. I mean, that's why you've seen them start and stop. That's you know, that's why you saw Trump act when he did. Was it some sort of master plan with manipulating the stock market, as much as that's a fun theory to think about, No, it was the fact that everyone sold off their bonds overnight and freaked out.
Speaker 4: He did, right, did President Trump? On truth? Social Nobody's getting off the hook. He said, there was no tariff exception announced on Friday. These products, specifically those tech products, are subject to the existing twenty percent fentanyl tariffs, and they are just moving to a different tariff bucket.
Speaker 3: The fake news knows this but refuses to report it.
Speaker 4: The thing is, he's got to understand that, even if he wants to claim that the news media is out to get him, they've got to go out of their way to make this as easy as possible to report so that it doesn't appear like it is just a seat of the pants kind of policy that's coming left and right. Noticed from the US Customs Import of Protection exempted the electronic products from that one hundred and forty five percent tariff on Chinese goods, and while China has said they're not going to back down, they've also said it does not look like they will increase tariffs on the United States higher than the one hundred and twenty five percent right now. Kevin Hassett is the National Economic Council Director. He said that one hundred and thirty countries now are negotiating teriffs with the United States after the ninety day pause that we saw last week, So there is some progress. It does not seem like it's a completely ironed out It's not a smooth process, but it is a process.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, Gary and Shannon will continue full body MRIs. This is a big thing. Celebrities are making this a big thing, aren't they? Get the full bardy arm MRI if you can afford it. See what's percolating under your skin there. Well, there's some research that says it could save your life or.
Speaker 2: It could ruin it.
Speaker 4: There is a little bit of a find my friend's analogy to be made with this stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll do that.
Speaker 1: Well as somebody who tracks people the way you track everybody. Not me.
Speaker 2: I am tracked by no one.
Speaker 3: You don't know that.
Speaker 2: I'm not hard to figure out.
Speaker 3: That's true. Very little mystery there.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Mostly a positive day on Wall Street led by tech stocks. Of course, we were talking earlier about the tariffs that had been imposed and then exempted some. The President exempted some technologies from from the So you've got phones and laptops and things like that made in China that will not be charged the same one hundred and forty five percent tariff as other items.
Speaker 1: Wall Street is responding major averages opened higher, shifted lower. I've rose back up in today's session after the exemptions announcement. They are not permanent according to the Commerce Secretary, but at last check that dow was up. Oh, I don't know two hundred points or so.
Speaker 3: Naib Bukele, I think is how you say his name is?
Speaker 4: The President of Al Salvador calls himself the world's coolest dictator is visiting with President Trump at the White House today. When we get into Swamp Watch, we'll talk a little bit more about what they said in this sort of informal Oval office meeting they had, including the discussion over the wrongly deported guy from Maryland who ended up in that prison in l Salvador, and whether or not President Bukeley is going to help us get him back despite or because of what the courts had ordered.
Speaker 1: Full body MRIs sans require just an hour to image you from head to toe. You're hearing a lot about these on social media from celebrities and influencers who hold them up as a pillar of preventative health to catch problems early on whatever they're hiding before they become hard.
Speaker 2: To treat diseases.
Speaker 1: Dwayne Wade, for example, recently credited a whole body MRI with alerting him to an early stage kidney cancer.
Speaker 4: These things can be pretty expensive, I mean two three thousand dollars depending on where you get it.
Speaker 5: There is.
Speaker 4: Still some some downside to this for some people. I mean, on the one hand, you look at it as a sort of the future of science because it has these MRIs now have the ability to see things that you might not even feel yet. Think of, you know, the more dire version of something like a tumor that's growing on your kidney's weighing weight as a great example, But you hadn't seen any of the symptoms yet. Which is an even better time to be able to treat something like that, is before it starts wreaking havoc on your body. One of them aneurysms cancers. One of the doctors says, we can find stage one cancers before any symptoms appear. So and as the technology advances, it becomes faster, it becomes more accurate. It can detect diseases in even earlier stages. But what do you do then with that information and some of that is the conundrum that exists here the drawbacks. If you don't have any symptoms, you don't have any unique risks, like some sort of a disorder that makes you more vulnerable to disease or something like that, you run the risk I think of knowing too much about what's going on inside your path, going.
Speaker 1: Too much, giving yourself unnecessary worries and unnecessary procedures. I mean, I think that there's a lot of emphasis on treating every single little thing for some people. Well, here's an anecdote that Time magazine pointed out Calvin's son. Calvin is a healthy thirty seven year old. A full body MRI scan showed assist in his sydney a kidney excuse me, sun saw aurologist who was optimistic it wasn't cancerous, offered him a surgery appointment several weeks away to inspect the kidney and operate if necessary.
Speaker 2: Calvin, by the way, is an er doctor.
Speaker 3: He knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: He knows what he's doing well. He had no family history of cancer. This was a guy who exercised at a plant based diet, super healthy.
Speaker 2: The cyst he thought would mean nothing, but even so he.
Speaker 1: Persuaded his doctors to check it out to expedite surgery to avoid spending months doing and ruminating about worst case scenarios. His care team prepared to potentially remove a small part of his right kidney as a precautionary measure. Every expectation was that it would be benign. He wakes up five hours later and learns the kidney was completely gone. The surgeons removed it because they thought the surface looked malignant. He has no complications from surgery. He's thirty seven and healthy, but older people tend to be less predicted due to age related changes. Unnecessary surgeries could cause serious consequences. Every endoscopy, biopsy, surgical procedure.
Speaker 2: There are risks that come with that just on its face that could be life threatening.
Speaker 4: They also that discussion of okay, so about fifteen to thirty percent of these whole body MRIs do show something that would be of concern. The question is then what do you do with it? Even if it does show something growing on your kidney for example, that's not supposed to be there. Does that thing then, I mean, they have no idea how fast that's going to grow, whether it's malignant, if it is going to ever have an impact on your health. But taking a kidney out of your body automatically puts you in a position where your health is you know, not what it was.
Speaker 1: I was talking to a doctor my mom going through pancreatic cancer stuff, and the doctor said, well, there's spots on the pancreas, but you and I have spots on our pancreas. Okay, Well, you don't know if there's a problematic unless you biopsy them. Right, Well, going through a biopsy is not going through a walk in the freaking park. There's a lot that goes on with that, and that's exactly what we're talking about here.
Speaker 4: And if you know, so, use that doctor as an example. He's thirty seven, Is that what you said? So he's thirty seven years old. What if he he lives another fifteen years and has zero symptoms, there are zero problems with whatever's going on on his kidney, and he lives his life normally and healthy, and he's happy, and he does all the things that he wants to do. And then at the age of sixty two, he then realizes, I guess it would be fifty two. He realizes that something is wrong and he needs to go in for treatment to get it taken care of.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 4: The knowledge of having that, you know, when he was thirty seven doesn't necessarily change the mortality or his outlook on life at fifty two when something did come up that and I mean you're going through it right now.
Speaker 3: We went through it with my parents.
Speaker 4: This measuring of treatment versus life, like what quality of life? Where it was somebody going to have If my mom, for example, if she had to go through another round of chemotherapy, it would have just been awful. I mean, that's an awful thing to do to the body if you're not strong enough to take it. And that kind of mentality of figuring out where, how you want to know, how much you want to know about what's going on, that's the whole Find my friends.
Speaker 3: What's the word analogy that I was going for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you follow everybody, and I mean kids like to anybody between the age of fifteen and twenty eight right now follows dozens of people probably with their phones. They follow friends, they follow ex boyfriends, whatever.
Speaker 2: Got what an awful world?
Speaker 4: But then you know when they're somewhere they're not supposed to be, but let them Yes, yes, Mel Robbins.
Speaker 3: I agree, but that's harder.
Speaker 2: My friends Bone and some other girl let him.
Speaker 3: But that's harder to do. That's harder to do than it sounds.
Speaker 4: It's harder sometimes to let that information go when you've got the information.
Speaker 3: And that's why they talk about these full body MRI.
Speaker 2: Scans And you can put me down tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Mental health content sequences tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Or this afternoon. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: We're gonna need a syringe.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have lunch first because because that sounds good.
Speaker 4: There were more naked people at Disneyland this weekend than there were a Coachella did you Did you know that?
Speaker 2: Uh no, but I didn't know. Coachella was still a thing.
Speaker 3: It was very hot over the weekend.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Bertie and which means it was not hot.
Speaker 4: So this is Jump the Shark is on Gary and Shannon. We'll talk about Coachella when we come back right after this. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio Lab