Speaker 1: Thank y'all.
Speaker 2: Ripped up new need advice when you don't happen, come running's just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help com.
Speaker 3: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Now, Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five who I almost didn't make it. I was like, wait a minute, what what's going on here? Anyway, welcome to the show. We're here to help you in We want to solve problems, answer questions, taking plaints, make.
Speaker 1: Your life a little easier.
Speaker 4: And uh, I think Major Mark Major might be remote today. I don't know Demark, I haven't heard are you on? And I know I don't see his ugly face on camera. So welcome to people to the show. It is the Troubleshooter Show where we troubleshoot things. We solve problems, we answer questions, we take complaints.
Speaker 1: We really do a lot to help people, if we can. Now.
Speaker 4: Bob Logan's with us from plumb Line Services. They do a lot to help people. Of course, people call them when they're already in trouble, which is the wrong.
Speaker 1: Thing to do. By the way I always tell people, call before you need help, Call before you need help. What does that mean?
Speaker 4: That means like, we all know we're gonna have cold snaps, call when it's not cold to get things checked. We all know we're gonna have a wet season. Make sure you're some pumps and everything's working. We all know we're gonna have hot season. Make sure your seat's working.
Speaker 1: I mean, Bob, I swear to you if we could just get people to do things just away from the crowd, the way from the crowd.
Speaker 5: What do you have to say about that? I mean, go ahead, sir, You're absolutely right, Tom. And you know if people understood this. You know, everybody knows you're supposed to take your car in for service every so many miles. If they did that with their furnace and AC, their plumbing electrical system, it would save every homeowner thousands and thousands.
Speaker 1: And people feel pressured and make dumb decisions, and.
Speaker 4: It's usually when they have not done things ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Is that easy?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't get it. They just don't do things ahead of time. So Bob, right now, what would you be doing. I'd be working on my AC. I would make sure that you're there's no rush if they need anything. You guys aren't rushing around with a heat wave.
Speaker 5: No exactly. And you think, well, it's March, I'm not going to use my air conditioner for at least two or three months. Well, that's the best time to do anything. So like we got a great special seventy nine dollars. We'll check out your entire air conditioning system. Make sure it's going to be ready so when you do need it, you don't have to worry about it. When it gets really hot. You won't be fighting the crowds.
Speaker 4: All right, Bob Logan plumb Line Services three h three five A six ten eighty six Plumbline Services dot Com.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go to the phones.
Speaker 4: And by the way, people say, Tom, sometimes when you have guests on, it sounds like you're doing a commercial. Well, it does a lot of things I do here sound like a commercial. But what is a commercial. A commercial is a paid advertisement to put out a message, right, and people have very little choice about paid commercials. On this show, we have a lot of choice. We can reject them because if they're not good people. But the stuff you hear on the show is not a paid commercial.
Speaker 1: There are people we invite here because of expertise and things I talk about that I think is a good idea.
Speaker 6: No one's paying me to say that Chris has a problem with a trailer. Chris, let's go back to your call here and what was your original problem?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, let's continue because I don't see the notes here, but let's talk about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hi, Tom, longtime listener. I had a trailer jack knife and overturn. I was going to at the trailer turned back over, but the storage container I was hauling needed to be towed and it's currently sitting in a record.
Speaker 1: When did it? When did when did a jack knife?
Speaker 7: It was the end of January?
Speaker 1: Okay? And was it your fault?
Speaker 7: Yeah? What happened is I had a a tire team malfunction and it caused me to slide slide back down a hill and and cause the trailer to jack knife and then lose the container I was hauling.
Speaker 4: Okay, So when you say you lost the container, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 7: It basically over the trailer overturned and the the container that I was hauling was then ended up being on its side.
Speaker 1: And uh on the mountains so okay, so what is your question?
Speaker 7: So question is is that Progressive is uh not covering the toe and and the storage fees.
Speaker 4: But they're not covering what part of it? I mean, what are they not covering the tow? You mean towing your trailer that was overturned?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was. I was able to get the trailer overturned and and hook back up the vehicle, but it was a container. I wasn't able to get back on the on the trailer and so okay, and.
Speaker 1: Then what is it what is Progressive not paying?
Speaker 7: They're not paying for the towing of the container.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they paid for everything except when you say towing of the container. Where was that container towed?
Speaker 7: It's uh, it's currently housed in wrecking yard in Idaho Springs.
Speaker 1: But where was it towed from the scene of the accident to a from storage yard?
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, it's from the scene of the app Okay.
Speaker 4: And that's the part, that's the part you wanted to pay for. Was the stuff and the container destroyed.
Speaker 7: There was nothing in the container. It was just an empty container.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. So what was that charged to toe that?
Speaker 7: It was five thousand to get it up onto a tow truck and then two thousand dollars in storage fees corrently.
Speaker 1: Five thousand plus two thousand.
Speaker 7: Yes, so you.
Speaker 1: Had you had to have it have the container retrieved and brought to a like it was an empty container. What was the rush.
Speaker 7: The rush was to get it off the mountain road so nobody would hit it or get into another accident.
Speaker 1: So you had to have the container retrieved and towed to storage.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now that's a pretty easy thing to figure out. I have Brian burns On with us from Compass Insurance Group. Brian is our insurance expert as well as an excellent broker for people the Insurance Help Center dot com or Compass Insurance. Brian, this is a matter of policy. I mean, if you're towing something. Let's just say I'm towing something. I'm asking you, Brian, me, not this guy. I'm driving down the street and I'm towing something. Let's say I rented a U haul and it jackknife and hurts my car.
Speaker 1: What's paid for? What's not? And the U haul trailers destroyed? What happens?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So usually a trailer, your car would still be covered, you know, because it's insured. Trailers are only covered for physical damage for the damage to the trailer themselves. If they are insured, they have to actually have insurance for physical damage. The liability that comes from the trailer. If the trailer runs into another car, that extends from your autopulse, so the liability automatically extends while it's attached. The thing about this one is a little unique is obviously it's it's the container that was being poled. It's not the trailer. It's if I understand correctly, it's something that Yeah, so I.
Speaker 1: Was going to go there.
Speaker 4: So he had a trailer, and this is your trailer, right, Chris, So your trailer's being covered, your your vehicle's being covered rental trailer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was a rental trailer that I had a damaged waiver on. So that that part's covered through the rental company, got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then and then your vehicle's covered. And so the only thing not covered is this container. What I want to know is this, Why do you feel your vehicle insurance should pay for a container that was on a rented trailer. I'm curious what brings that up to begin with, why do you believe they're responsible for that?
Speaker 1: To begin with, a.
Speaker 7: Part of the accident that happened, and.
Speaker 4: Okay, Brian, it was part of the accident, so he's expecting this.
Speaker 1: Can you hold on?
Speaker 4: I'd like to get some explanations on this. Hang on, Chris, so what happens? I mean, we are confused about coverage. I know I am not on regular coverage, but stuff like this.
Speaker 1: What if I had my car.
Speaker 4: And it's hit and I had some expensive tools in the car, are they covered? Or I have something in the trunk a knee bike I don't know really, or on a trailer hitch. We'll examine this and more coming up. I'm Tom Martino three zero three, seven to one to three Talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Waterpros dot net.
Speaker 4: The best water systems at the lowest prices, the Easter Special right now, the whole house system with drinking water Forever, Chemical Protection Softening thirty one ninety five. You cannot touch these prices anywhere three oh three eighty six two five, five, five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So going back to this scenario, and I'll bring up Mark in the Gang in a minute. Here, Mark, you can chime in it in chime. But those streaming the show, I don't even want to hear from you, you know.
Speaker 1: And whenever we stream this show on YouTube.
Speaker 4: I love my morons, but they have this sneaky suspicion. They run the show, and I don't know where the hell they got it, but they have all their comments. They tell me what to do and how to do it. They tell me how I look, if I look better good. They complain about my breathing or my sniffling, and I do have some sniffles today. But it's amazing to me. They're my directors. And they're morons. So I have a bunch of morons. And then the downloaders are different. They write to me after the fact because we have not hundreds, but dozens of thousands, fit out fifty thousand or so a month, and they're downloading this show at all different times. And markle get comments from something we talked about three months ago where we got to figure out what is he talking about?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 4: To make long story short, anyway, bottom line is this, we do the best weekend morons on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Like her or leave it. I'm just kidding. We love you.
Speaker 4: Now for those everyone else listening and on the podcast and all of the downloaded podcasts and the iHeartRadio app, you can call us twenty four to seven everyone at three oh three Martino and.
Speaker 1: We will respond to you so you never have to wait. So if you're listening you're wondering, one is this show on? How do I catch them on the air? You don't have to worry about that. Just call three oh three Martino three oh three six, two seven, eight, four sixty six. We'll call you back and get you on the live show.
Speaker 4: So no matter when you're listening to this, three oh three Martino gets your help. So Brian Burns one of our insurance experts we use a lot. In fact, Brian, I think I had a question for you over the weekend. I wanted to bug you, but I didn't. Anyway, Brian Burns has is our expert. He's just our go to person. And Brian, what is covered in damn car? When I get in an accident or on a trailer I'm towing, and what's not covered?
Speaker 8: Okay? So personal property is not going to be covered orneath an auto policy. So the vehicle, the auto insurance is there to cover the car, anything you're carrying or anything inside the car. You're common about an e bike or whatever it might be, would be if you're running coverage for that, you'd have to look at your property insurance. This is a bit different because it's not whatever the container. I'm sure the container could be covered by his home insurance, but I don't see the home insurance covering for storage or retrieval of the of the of this whatever it was the container that fell off of the trailer.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's just this container that had nothing in it. But they don't have to do ye.
Speaker 8: No, I don't know if they containers got anything.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and even if it was, they don't have to cover it.
Speaker 8: Well, the auto policy doesn't, but he could get coverage for his home policy potentially if if he owns the container his personal property.
Speaker 9: I guess you could look there.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 8: I obviously don't probably worth a claim.
Speaker 7: On the web side.
Speaker 4: But we're not talking about damage to it. What about We're talking about the going of it, the retrieving of it.
Speaker 8: Right, And I don't see, I mean, I'm I don't see how that would be covered underneath either policy.
Speaker 4: Okay, so chrishost it was a rented trailer.
Speaker 1: Right, it was rented.
Speaker 7: It was a rented trailer, right?
Speaker 1: Your container?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I owned the the container.
Speaker 1: How long have you owned it?
Speaker 7: I bought it at auction let's see late October.
Speaker 1: How much did you pay for it?
Speaker 7: Maybe a hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Sixteen hundred? Yeah, and you want them to pay how much for retrieval and storage?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think the toe company is charging me is about seven thousand?
Speaker 1: Well give it. I think he's screwed.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't way to get coverage for this.
Speaker 8: I really don't.
Speaker 1: And Mark, why do you what do you? What do youtive?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 12: My perspective, Mark, what's your perspective? The homeowners isn't going to cover it. Plus we don't even know if he has homeowners. But if he doesn't have homeowners, I don't see any coverage coming from the auto because it's a content and believe it or not, because it was on a trailer, that's the content.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this container, man, it's not even worth They're not going to pay more for the towing and storage in the cars. Like let's say it was a car, same thing, right, Brian, even if there was coverage, WO wouldn't cover it. Even if there was coverage, it would be put off at the value of the view of the value of the thing you lost.
Speaker 1: You're not going to be coverage, Chris.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what would be covered, is the actual item. I mean, and in this case that's sixteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 9: Uh, they're not going to.
Speaker 8: Cover for for you know, the storage or the retrieval of it. I just I don't see in a policy where you could find language that would would cover that kind of loss, not for not for personal property. Right, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: So Chris, you better what what are they saying they're going to do if you don't pay this, take the container, let.
Speaker 7: Them have it. Really want to do that?
Speaker 1: Is it container all destroyed? Is it? Is it boogers?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it is damaged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, you got a problem.
Speaker 4: But then when you say a container, when you it was a container, is it kind of like a u stoic container that they put out in front of your house that you fill.
Speaker 1: Up or is it like a bed of a truck? How big is it?
Speaker 7: It's it's about an eight by thirteen and it's a military container that expands out to thirteen by twenty.
Speaker 1: Is it like corrugated steel? Yes, it is like a train, like a small train car.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't say it's that big, but it does weigh about forty like four thousand pounds forty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna have to negotiate with them. You're you're gonna have to negotiate with them. Seriously. You have no coverage here from our experts.
Speaker 7: From what I think from auto or homeowners, not for what you're looking for, not not for for storage and retrieval of personal property. It's just it's it's just a very strange loss, Like it's the actual you know, the actual container could have coverage possibly, but I wouldn't be worth making a claim for sixteen hundred bucks knowing that a home policy is I have a much higher deductible.
Speaker 8: And on the auto side, I don't there.
Speaker 7: I don't see anywhere you would get a coverage for it.
Speaker 1: I don't see it either. I don't see it either.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm sorry about that, Chris three oh three seven one three talks seven one three two five five. Brian Burns does an insurance check up in like three sentences or less.
Speaker 1: Tell us what that is.
Speaker 8: So you send us your declaration pages and a few answers to questions. We shop it around and we see if we can find a better option for you.
Speaker 1: And listen, here's what I love about this.
Speaker 4: You can't lie because if you say, hey, you got a bad deal, then I'd say, okay, Brian, beat it. And if you can't beat it, then I can't have a very bad deal. So see, these free opinions mean something from credible companies because.
Speaker 1: You we can do better unless we can do better.
Speaker 4: So if you want to free insurance check up three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, Thanks Brian, appreciate that, and it's the Insurance Health Center dot com. A dear friend Brian Burns and this family. Okay, so a CMG financial do you know what that is? That's a mortgage company. Yeah, they're still around. People say, wait, what happened to mortgage company? I don't hear anybody advertising or hardly anyone. CMG Financial. They do reverse loans, believe it or not. They're doing reverse loans. They're also doing the all in one loan. That's the loan that's a thirty year line of credit.
Speaker 1: You borrow it up and pay it down at will, every dime in the bank accounts against average jelly balance three oh three eight eight, two sixty six seventy nine. Partner and Lending dot com.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Leave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven on three eight two five five seven on three talks seven one three eight two five five. So we aren't we were not communicating with the morons today by mistake.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, morons. You deserve better than this.
Speaker 4: And uh, also for those of you on the apps later on listening, remember we're talking about stuff, and I know some of you have texted me for follow ups because you don't always get to hear the end results. So let's go over some of those. And meanwhile, if you have a problem, question or complaint, give us a call. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So something happened with a Social Security payment mark you took. Someone assessed his debit card on Social Security and he was his debit card was closed. He was sent another one, but he didn't activate the new one and when he checked the balance, I guess money had already had been taken down.
Speaker 1: It's way worse than that. DOC is working on that one.
Speaker 4: Okay, Doc, can you give us an update. First of all, doc, am I summarizing this correctly? Money kept going missing out of his debit card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's this.
Speaker 13: Eye spoke to his friend Alice if taking care of it. I spoke on Friday and she was going to.
Speaker 1: Get back to me.
Speaker 13: I left two messages. We were not able to get in touch over the weekend, so I will try it again this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I gave us some advice. Clear that it does. How can a new card get hacked? The old one got hacked, he sent the new one. How does that?
Speaker 13: I'm trying to get all the details, Tom, I don't have all the details. So give me a twenty four hours and I'll get a lot more.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, that's fine. But you know, why do people choose the debit card. I don't understand that part, man, I don't know.
Speaker 13: Because you can't get hit with late fees or interests.
Speaker 1: You only can take out as much as you have in your account. You can't overdraw it. So people rather have a debit card for their payment, and that's what they live off of.
Speaker 13: Well, if you know that if you have a credit card, you can charge more than you can afford. If you have a debit card. You can only charge what you have in the bank to cover it. You can't overdraw your debit card.
Speaker 1: So he has direct deposit and then the debit card is his from the account.
Speaker 12: I figure out there, no, no, no, it loads right onto that card. Guys, Oh it does, Yes, it loads right onto the card. Is my complete understanding.
Speaker 1: I guess I never knew about that option. Okay. They do this three so it's like unemployment. It's done a lot.
Speaker 4: Okay, so thanks to somebody wanted to know about that one. Then there was an auto shop and uh from Wilma, but I don't have many notes on that.
Speaker 1: Anybody recall that?
Speaker 4: Then we have a Tiffany's husband passed away and she moved and rented out the house. Rented it for three months, and then the tenants said they wanted to move out due to toxic mold.
Speaker 1: They filed the lawsuit against her. Anybody knows this Mark? Do you recall what happened with that? Was it that Friday? He's a widow the sixth? I don't remember that one. Say it again, what was it? Tiffany is a widow? Oh? I know all about the U Yes, okay, what do you want to know about it? Is her hustible Well, her.
Speaker 4: Husband passed away, and her husband passed away, and she moved out of their family home and rented it out, and now the tenants are suing her for.
Speaker 12: Toxic well, the tenants are shaking her down. Basically, they're going to file a lawsuit. I don't know if it's been filed yet. We're kind of waiting for them to file it. Well, that's not true. They actually did file it, but she hasn't received a copy of it yet, so we don't know how much they're asking for. Our guesses between fifty and one hundred. They're saying because she was negligent in her rental house and allowed mold to grow, that they have some issues, so they want their rent money back and some money for health. But once again, until we actually see a copy of the lawsuit. The biggest problem was she has no insurance. Typically you would hand this over to your homeowners, but the problem was when she moved out of that primary residence and rented it out, she never changed her coverage to a tenant landlord's situation.
Speaker 1: So she's going to be denying. Wait a minute, maybe we may we may want to ask we already had them on for it. What did he say? He said it wouldn't cover they would deny on that behalf.
Speaker 12: And then the second part is there's probably stuff in her policy about mold in general. She's gonna be shooken down, you know, she's it's a total shakedown in my opinion, total shakedown.
Speaker 1: But in telling you that, next little bob Logan on something, bob Logan, I'm going to bring you up right now in your you're on your can. I just want to ask you, guys come across mold a lot, I mean lotter mediation and a lot of leak detection and fixing, and do you come across mold and.
Speaker 11: What do you do you or not?
Speaker 5: You know, we really don't, Tom Surprisingly, we don't being in the in that business opening up walls with leaks and everything. Typically when people call us though, it's it's because of an active leak and uh, you know, as you know mold it needs to after a while, right, yeah, And he's the continual, continual drip or leak, usually not from a pressurized pipe because you know, it's usually a leaky valve or something like that behind the wall and h but it also needs oxygen.
Speaker 4: To Okay, well you don't really come across that, which we really don't because I was thinking, and I know that Genesis Total Exteriors does it.
Speaker 1: They do a great job. They do, you know this mold remediation and detection Genesis Tootalexteriors dot Com, by the way, and he does that in conjunction with his construction business because he does kitchens and baths and basements.
Speaker 4: He does outside siding stucco. So when he comes, he was coming across mold and then he'd watch these people come in and rip their faces off. So he decided, you know what, I'm here anyway, I'm gonna help. And what an excellent adjunct. But I believe it would be an adjunct to a number of businesses, and one of them is plumbing, heat and cooling, electric and draints. It's a natural adjunct in my opinion, uh, to that kind of business. I'm not suggesting how you run your business.
Speaker 5: There's remediation companies that specialize in you know, fire, smoke, mold, water damage, and really they're the companies that take care of that after the fact.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but you said, what you're saying is, I know what you're saying, but it gets sick to what you guys can.
Speaker 5: Do, and we just don't run into it.
Speaker 1: That off, Okay, all right?
Speaker 4: So in any case, bottom line is when it comes to this kind of stuff, it really.
Speaker 1: It really gets out of hand, it does.
Speaker 4: I mean, when somebody discovers mold, it's almost like and it all happened.
Speaker 1: Do you know when it all started? Do you remember the case Mark? I always talk about it.
Speaker 4: You remember who it was? That's right, Ed McMahon. I believe he was living It might have been his house in California. But Ed McMahon has some mold problems and went to court and sued the company and won, and then after that all hell broke loose. If you had mold, you went and sued. And so that's what this family's doing. You know a lot of tenants are I look this up. That is one of the number one lawsuits tenants have against landlords. I'd like to talk to Brad O'Brien if we can get him on next hour, even Kachino, can you work on that. I'd like to ask him his opinion on liability and how that can be done, and he might have an opinion on that.
Speaker 12: All right, we got more to give you a heads up. He was on with this for that call, that particular one.
Speaker 1: He was in studio with me.
Speaker 14: And Mark.
Speaker 12: This is bo If you said, we all say the same thing. She's pretty much getting the shakedown. I mean, that's what it comes down to. She's gonna either have to hire an attorney and answer the complaint or negotiate something.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a shakedown man. She's in the driver's seat to Mark.
Speaker 14: If you remember, she had a company to test for mold and it came back negative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bo I agree with all that, but she's wait a minute, Wait a.
Speaker 14: Minute, Yeah, she doesn't have She hired an independent company after these tennis complained about it, and they tested it and they did not find mold. They are shaking her down. She just needs to go to court with the proof that there was no mold and be done with it.
Speaker 1: But you know what's the problem is even when what her homeowners won't even defend her because of it, She's got the right insurance.
Speaker 12: You're twenty five to fit. If they keep going forward with it just to defend herself, yeah, or she's going to lose all the equity in that house. I mean, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 14: I was going to suggest that she should maybe just send him a letter and offer him ten thousand dollars to just make the whole damn thing go away.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, that negotiation. We got more coming up.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here in three all three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So I'm told our real estate expert attorney's not available.
Speaker 1: So yes, clue.
Speaker 4: Did somebody say, Hey, okay, so here's the deal. Can you turn his mic off, But can you give me return just of air please, because I'm hearing behind the scenes. Thank you anyway, So what we're talking about is the shakedown. What is the shakedown is when a tenant or anyone sees the weakness and they go after you, and just to defend yourself sometimes is more money than just trying to settle with them.
Speaker 1: But doesn't that put a nasty, nasty, nasty taste in your mouth? Bob? Have you ever been shooken down, shaken down at Plumbline or anywhere?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: I feel like I have.
Speaker 1: Yes. You know, we run like you might make a legit mistake and you're gonna fix it.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 5: We run over one hundred calls a day, so if we're ninety nine percent perfect, you know, I mean we run four to five hundred, so ninety nine percent perfect, we're messing up four or five times.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you one we can. I'm going to tell you one time somebody cashed in. So somebody called me and said Plumbline said I need a new furnace. And I got a second opinion, and they said plumb Line was lying. And I want you to know that, Tom Martino, because you endorse them. So I said, Bob, here's what's going on. And Bob says, Tom, here's all I'll do.
Speaker 4: Let's send our team out there with that other team if they want to go out there, and let's have an independent person check this out.
Speaker 1: If it turns out that that furnace is not bad, she gets a brand new furnace.
Speaker 4: And if it turns out in his bed she needs a brand new furnace anyway, and I'll do it for her. And I said, what Yeah, I just want to do it just to clear our name. So whether she needs it or not, she'll get a new furnace. But at least we'll know if our diagnostic was correct. I'll never forget it. Sure's crap. They went out there and that furnace was bad. In fact, I think the people that said it wasn't bad might have been Excel, or might have been one of those.
Speaker 5: As one of them. Yes, they had Excel, and they also had one or two other companies out and all of them dispute to the fact that it had cracks in the heat.
Speaker 1: Exchanger, and so in order to tell the crack, Plumbline was doing it with testing.
Speaker 4: But they said, no, we don't think there's a crack. So they literally took the heat exchanger out, yeah, and found the cracks. She got a new furnuce.
Speaker 1: She didn't even say thank you. We were right, Yeah, you're right anyway.
Speaker 4: Plumb Line Services dot com. We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Get you calls in three all three seven one three talk seven one three h two five five or three all three Martino.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you whose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 9: Ripped off.
Speaker 16: New need it so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running Just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino Here at three oh three, seven one three talks seven one three, eight two five five. I think I'm catching you a little tiny bit of a cold or something. So if I sniffle, I'm sorry, Kayden. There's not much I can do about it. I'll turn that mic off when I when I have to, uh, flow my nose or something.
Speaker 1: Three all three, seven one three talks seven three and two five five.
Speaker 4: We solve problems, answer the question taking place, make your life a little easier, and we do it style and grace and entertainment and all of that.
Speaker 1: And sometimes I'm lucky enough. I really am lucky enough.
Speaker 4: Sometimes when one of my morons not my morons, I'm sorry. I don't want to insult my my uh my deputies, one of my deputies.
Speaker 1: Solve a problem. You get my dinger now.
Speaker 4: I believe in using a dinger, so guys, get me some successes here. Unlet's use a dinger.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: If you have any suggestions on how to solve some of these problems, give us a call anyway. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven to one three eight two five five. You know a lot.
Speaker 4: It's funny how many people ask about old cases because they're listening to older shows. You see, and remember this one. Mark has a new BMW X three and the parking sensor stopped working and the warrant you wouldn't cover it.
Speaker 1: Do you know why. I guess he got a rejection letter that said or rejection email or something because there was debris that caused it. Road debris.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 1: Parking sensors, by their very nature, are down near the road, right.
Speaker 4: And it stopped working. Doc, we assigned this to you. Do you remember this one, Deputy Doc? Do you remember this one?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 4: The warranty won't cover it because of road debris. Anybody, somebody have a mirror can put under his nose if he's still there.
Speaker 1: Deputy Doc, I'm here, tom Oh, there you go. Good. We were gonna wonder if you could fog the mirror anyway. So do you remember that case? Doc?
Speaker 4: All kidding inside the X three with that parking sensor, and I'm thinking that's the dumbest excuse I've ever heard. Debris getting into the sensor from the road, so therefore that.
Speaker 1: It's not a defect. Do you remember I don't remember it was on market.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I thought I had your name down here, and it was Mark, and it was on February twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I digress.
Speaker 4: I just wondered what happened with is somebody was calling about it because they were having the same problem with their X five.
Speaker 1: And that's that's very curious.
Speaker 4: I wonder if anyone else, maybe not even with beamers, but with cars, have had sensor problems.
Speaker 1: With the parking centers.
Speaker 4: Now one thing that I have, and I almost wish they stop putting them on cars all together. You want to take a guess, Come on, take a guess, Mark, I just wish they stop. They don't even have them on cars.
Speaker 1: Is. I don't believe I have ever.
Speaker 4: Once used it accurately, or ever once did it tell me accurately?
Speaker 1: She's probably seeming real.
Speaker 4: Oh man, we got a comedian now, Doc, don't leave your day John.
Speaker 1: Hey, what do you think it is? Bob Logan? What do you think it pisses me off? On a car that we don't need? Ever?
Speaker 5: Well, I was going to say, the thing that cut your car off of the stop light?
Speaker 1: Tops it off? Oh the golf cart mode? Well, yeah, the golf car mode. That's a good one. That is a good one. That we ought to just do a little feature on features you don't need in your car.
Speaker 4: Now, backup cams. I love, yes, I absolutely love them now. In fact, without them, I feel lost. But there's the one thing.
Speaker 1: Tire pressure sensors.
Speaker 4: I've never had one. You know what, here's what I think. I'm driving down a highway.
Speaker 1: And I get.
Speaker 4: On my left tire's low. You know what, I think, Oh, that sensors out. I don't think at the left low. I just automatically think, oh, that sensor's out.
Speaker 1: Isn't that weird? I don't even think. And there's one other thing you don't need, Hey, Tom, I swear to God I do.
Speaker 13: It to my see that happens and it gets cold and the tire the air gets you know, a little more compressed, and you'll get a false sweeting on your tires.
Speaker 1: That's right, Hey, Mark, how do your testas sensors work? Are they accurate? Yeah, they're definitely accurate. They're the same as anybody's.
Speaker 17: Oh but they so they don't But they don't give you false readings, or do they? They don't give me false No, I don't think. I don't get false readings for any of them. Just the weather fluctuates. I think they're the best thing in the world, though, Man, you know it's.
Speaker 12: Really if I'm in my RV and pulling a trailer, I would never know in a million years if.
Speaker 1: I lost a tire.
Speaker 4: You know, Mark and RV is a different and I don't know why they're different. But I loved having those sensors on those big But they're not the same with cars. The cars are too temperamental. I'm always getting a low tire light or this tire, this tire. I mean, I'm serious. These sensors never work right. Never, I've never had a tire pressure sensor work correctly. In fact, I even was was tricked into going into what's the tire shop? I was go, oh discount where you pull in and they check everything free, you know, you don't even have to get out of the car, And and I buy my tires there so and I and the other thing my wife leaves in. Is the only time I ever buy a warranty ever is the roadside that roadside warranty. Man, anything goes wrong with that tired, they step up and they do not cry. So anyway, I have been duped into checking that tire and then I don't even do it anymore, so I did. I wasn't kidding when I said when I see a low tire pressure, I don't even pay attention to it. I may I should, but I don't. It's like you cry wolf too many times, and I just don't pay attention.
Speaker 1: So what on a car is useless? Hey, Tom, I just say something.
Speaker 13: If you go to Discount Tire, they have a free tire check to just pull in, no costs. You don't even have to be a customer, and they'll check all your tires for you for nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you don't have to get out of your car now.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure where you were or if you weren't kind of stupor, but I think I mentioned that thirty seconds ago.
Speaker 1: But it's okay, Doc, we love having you. But did you hear me?
Speaker 4: Honest to goodness, I did say that. I said, you can pull into Discount Tire and they'll check out.
Speaker 1: I was just checking some follow ups. Yeah, oh okay, and you were just checking me to see if I'm on my toast.
Speaker 5: You know one thing that drives me nuts about cars, and I don't think it's a safety feature because not all cars do it. But when I get out of my car and then I, you know, I stop, I turn it off, I get on my car, and then I go to the back door to get something out and it's locked. Why can't all doors unlock it once? And then when you leave the car you can lock.
Speaker 4: They don't want you. No, that's safety because and this started, this started. I hate to be sexist, but it was, you know, like a woman alone in a parking lot, right, she unlocks the door. She just wants the door she unlocked to get out. She doesn't want the back right door open or unlocked, as someone can jump in. Do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, so I think there was a reason for that. Okay, there was also I'm just curious that was an odd statement. Well because I didn't say when a man's alone in a parking lot, I said a woman. That's what I thought of when when they say for security. Yeah, anyway, So.
Speaker 4: I but but if I had to pick stuff, I think the golf cart modes a pain in the ass, Okay, And I don't I can't even believe that saves that much energy, or saves that much air pollution, or saves that much in whatever supposed to save gas.
Speaker 12: That's how they get up anyway, Terry, sell all these trucks, man, because they're using less gas. All these manufacturers have to meet certain regulations and miles per cafe.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's your cafe rule. Yeah, okay, oh I see, So when they turn them off in between, they can show a higher EPA. Yep, most of us turn it off, though probably you do too.
Speaker 4: But remember cafe cafe is measured on what does anyone remember? It's the average fleet It's not the highest or the lowest. It's the average fleet mileage. You have to have a fleet mileage at an you know, there are targets you have to hit by the federal government EPA. So now, shoot, evs are helping them tremendously because they that doesn't have any any miles.
Speaker 1: So so they can list that. I mean, I don't even know how they list it, but it definitely affects their cafe unless they exclude evs for the calculation in their cafe. We ought to find that out. Let's google that or ask my boyfriend during a break, Terry, what's the issue you're having with a contractor?
Speaker 11: Terry?
Speaker 1: Yes, Hello, what's I what's the issue.
Speaker 15: Okay, it's kind of I'll try to make it quick. I hired a contractor to replace a freestanding corner shower in my master bathroom, and you know, they were highly recommended. Everything was good, and so you know, they told me to pick out my tile and my shower pan and my shower enclosure, which I did, and I ordered the power shower pan and enclosure from home depot and it took a couple of weeks to get here, but I got it.
Speaker 4: Actually, the contracy, so they wanted you to They wanted you to go out and buy that on your own.
Speaker 15: Yes, they wanted me to pick it out.
Speaker 4: Okay, like they didn't make a markup or anything. You just went directly to a store to buy it.
Speaker 15: Yes, exactly, okay. And that was the shower pan and what else and the shower enclosure.
Speaker 18: It was a.
Speaker 1: Weird because they make a lot of money on those things. That's weird. So they said, go out and buy here, go out and buy your shower pan and enclosure and we'll put it in.
Speaker 15: Yeah. Yeah, okay, they did that. So I did that, and they they a crew of three of them came out and the shower pan was damaged, so I, you know, went back to home Depot and we got another one ordered out.
Speaker 4: This problem is this problem with home Depot or is it going to turn out to be a problem with the contractor?
Speaker 15: I think both actually, and that's the way right.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'll come right back to you, Terry, all right, you hang on and we'll come right back to you.
Speaker 4: I will help you, and I understand how this can get weird, especially when you go out and buy your own stuff. I'm Tom Martine three h three seven one three Talks seven one three eight two five five Frank durand real Estateman dot com.
Speaker 1: He's going to help you.
Speaker 4: He'll help you evaluate what your house will sell for and it will be free of charge, a complete valuation. He can even tell you what you'll probably net from it based on all the closing expenses and what you can afford to buy.
Speaker 1: It's all free, no obligation, no pressure, just good information. Frank durand the real estate Man dot com three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here, three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So Terry tell me the issue you you got your stuff? There was a problem with the base happened?
Speaker 15: Yes, So I went back to home depot and ordered a replacement out, and that one I had shipped directly to my house so that I could open it and look at it and make sure there wasn't any damage before the crew came back out.
Speaker 1: And what's the base made of? Is it an acrylic? Is it a concrete or light concrete stone?
Speaker 15: You know, I this is my first experience with this stuff, so I'm really not I don't know much. I'm just looking at it. I would say it's probably a crylic of some sort.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now what's going on with that. What's happening? I'm curious, So I sent you a new one, go ahead.
Speaker 15: They sent me a new one, and I checked it out. I checked all the corners, I checked everything for anything bad, and it looked good. So I called the crew and they came back out. They installed it and and started tiling above it, and you know, it was looking beautiful. And so then they came out to install the shower door, and the shower door didn't fit. And what had happened is home Depot sent the wrong size, and.
Speaker 1: I went right, they sent the wrong size.
Speaker 15: What they sent the wrong size shower pan?
Speaker 1: Well, in what way? Is it the wrong size? This part? I don't understand the wrong measurements for your entire base. Yes, it was so, Wait a minute, I would so the enclosure, the enclosure is a different size than the bait than than the pan.
Speaker 15: Yes, yes, I had ordered that crew.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, you have a crew, right, what install that base? Is it obviously like can you tell by looking at it? Or is it something that's off by like an inch?
Speaker 15: It's two inches. I ordered a thirty eight inch neo angle shower pan, and they sent a thirty six And so the guys installed this, and when I went back to Home Depot, now.
Speaker 4: Can't you just get another? Can't you get another shower enclosure and maybe return the one.
Speaker 1: You didn't use? That I can do? Or does it screw up? Or does that two inches screw up everything?
Speaker 15: You know, it doesn't screw up everything. It just it's just smaller and it's a small area to begin.
Speaker 4: Well, what did they offer that as a solution, Terry? Did they say, why don't we just get a shower enclosure to fit the current pan since they already install the pan?
Speaker 15: Well, what they what they had offered is that they they would replace it, but they expected Home Depot to.
Speaker 1: To pay for it and Home No, wait a minute, they would wait, wait, wait, Terry, they would replace what.
Speaker 15: The shower in the shower pan?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute.
Speaker 4: So instead of doing a new enclosure on a pan that's already installed, they would rather tear up the pan that's installed.
Speaker 1: That does not make sense to me.
Speaker 15: Okay, well, and see this is where I needed to know.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 4: No, no, here's what I'm asking you. Here's what does Home Depot regnize. They made a mistake.
Speaker 15: They kind of made a little apology. Yeah, we we sent the wrong thing.
Speaker 4: Sorry, well okay, but your crew had some responsibility to see they did send the wrong thing. And the question is how much responsibility do they have because they sent the wrong pan?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: So now you have a professional crew supposedly on the site and they're looking at both an enclosure and a pan.
Speaker 1: What was wrong with the first pan? Do you know.
Speaker 15: It had been dropped?
Speaker 19: The corner of it was okay, got it?
Speaker 1: Okay? No, no, that's good. They found that. Now let's move on to this new pan. When it arrived, you looked at it, the crew installed it right, yes, yes, and they just went ahead and installed it, and then when they went to put the enclosure on it, it was off about two inches.
Speaker 4: Yes, Before we go on, you need to explore the option of replacing the enclosure. Since they didn't use it, it's new home Depot should be willing on their dime to come and get it and bring you another one to match the wrong one they send. If they acknowledge they sent the wrong pan, then they should match the pan with another enclosure. Doesn't that seem logical to you?
Speaker 20: Well? It does?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, hey bo, Yes, I want you to help. I want you to. I want you to hold her hand through this. Listen.
Speaker 4: We have a deputy that is pretty good. Yeah, yeah, that's pretty good at explaining this stuff, and he was in the biz. So Terry, we're going to assign this to Bo. Okay, you're gonna be hearing from Bo.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call you this afternoon. Terry Rogan to get this work out with Home Depot. But don't let them do anything yet. Do not please tell me one thing before we move on, because I should have asked this, Terry. You didn't already tear out the pan, did you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No? Good?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 4: Hey, let me ask you something. What kind of a job does it look like? Is the pan installed? Well?
Speaker 15: You know, yeah, it looks nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, wouldn't it be ashamed? Wouldn't it be ashamed and illogical to tear.
Speaker 4: That out and to fight with Home Depot over the extra labor when all you have to do is match a new enclosure to it.
Speaker 12: Wouldn't it be a lot smaller? I mean, isn't there more to it than that? Like maybe the walls don't line up?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 4: Of course, Now when you say a lot, that's why I asked her. How much is it off and she said a few inches. And then I asked her would that matter to you?
Speaker 1: And she said no.
Speaker 4: So Terry, how many inches? I mean, would it make your shower substantially smaller?
Speaker 1: When you stand on that pan? Does it feel cramped?
Speaker 15: You know, it's a little tight. It's it is for me, it's it'd be fine for me. You know, I am thinking resale down the road kind of things.
Speaker 1: Do let me ask you something. You said it was just a couple inches. Is it a couple inches or is it like a foot?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 15: No, it's it's actually two inches.
Speaker 1: Because I okay, that can't make that can't make that much difference.
Speaker 12: Well, I just got a question. Then what do you do with like the walls where the enclosure goes? So you build them all out two inches?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know where what I know? Actually, Terry?
Speaker 9: Did they?
Speaker 1: I can only understand this mark.
Speaker 4: If the pan is in place, it fits, so there's no wall to build out. I mean they put they put the pan in place. So, Terry, the walls that surround the shower, let's say, is it surrounded on three sides or is it surrounded on two sides or is it surround?
Speaker 1: Is it free standing on any side? Can you explain it?
Speaker 15: It's I'm so bad at this. There's two walls.
Speaker 1: Well, no bad at this.
Speaker 4: You're sitting in the picture yourself, standing in the shower. You obviously have an open area that you walk in and out of. Okay, that's the open area. Then you have either glass or wall on the left, right and back.
Speaker 2: So what is it?
Speaker 1: Is it going to be glass on the left and right, wall in the back or is it going to be wall on the left and the back? I mean, you can visualize that.
Speaker 4: What is it? You're standing in the shower staring out what is behind you? Is it glass or is it the wall?
Speaker 15: It's the wall, It's okay.
Speaker 1: Then what's to your left? Is it glass or a wall?
Speaker 15: That's glass?
Speaker 1: Okay? And then to your right is the wall.
Speaker 15: Is to the right is also glass? And wait, there's three pieces of glass.
Speaker 4: That you have left and right, glass in the front, glass right. So you have the front, left and right or glass and the only part of the wall is the back.
Speaker 9: Part right right.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that's that's why it's gonna fit. Mark. There's no walls to move right?
Speaker 4: Can you snap a picture too. Both's gonna want to see a picture. Listen, We're going to find a solution for you. Two inches can't make that much of a difference three h three and and and if you're just tuning in, please don't take that the wrong way. We go More coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martine here with Bob Logan from Plumbline Services dot com. One of our trusted sources for plumbing, heating, cooling, electric and drains.
Speaker 1: And I've known them. I've known them almost from their.
Speaker 4: Damn inception and that's the true story, true, and that goes back to Jeff the founder, and I remember, I remember so many good people. Anyway, do you have any questions on anything like that coming up? I'd be concentrating on air conditioning right now. Although you need a good furnace to run an air people don't know that, Tony.
Speaker 1: What's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Tony, Welcome to the Tom Martine Show or the Troubleshooter Show. I should say, since Mark's been here so long, I feel like he's I feel like I should give him partial credit. So I'm gonna say I'm the I'm the brain and the heart and the soul, and he's the ass. Anyway, Tony, Mark, I thought that was funny. Yeah, yeah, good Tony, Tony, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm not gonna give Mark any pooh poop because we're we're in a line on our views. But anyhow, I just thought i'd tell you that Paul the Waterman's coming out tomorrow three to look at my to look at some of his upgrades.
Speaker 4: Bro, you will love it, Tony, Tony, you will love it. You will really notice, you know, very seldom do you buy things that you really notice you know, and and one of those things would be the soft water, the purified water, the drinking water, the coffee.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just can't go on and on anyway, So go ahead. What you wanted to talk about climate change?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so I'm following up on your cafe standards segment a little or earlier. And yeah, I want to I just want to do whatever I can to push your audience that global warming, I e. Climate change is a scam.
Speaker 9: It is a method of control too.
Speaker 10: It's a method to control our means of production.
Speaker 21: But to prove this, hopefully you have the article from the Washington Post that shows a g and that graph which I always try.
Speaker 10: To look things up and cross cross reference, and you can find this.
Speaker 9: You go to the Washington Forest Post.
Speaker 10: You will find this.
Speaker 21: That graph, which hopefully.
Speaker 10: You have in front of you, shows that our average surface temperatures are near a record low since the beginning of time.
Speaker 4: You have Okay, hold on, I'm not no, no, Tony, But I want to bring up one thing very clear. I'm not an advocate of.
Speaker 1: Nor a. Do I ever push climate change agendas? Okay? The reason they don't call it warming and cooling? No, No, I think it's horse crap. But let me explain something.
Speaker 4: I do believe there are things that happen in our environment that are anomalies, and things that happen that are regular, and things that are happened that are repetitious and cyclical, and all kinds of things in nature that that man has its part in, like animals do and like volcanoes do. And I don't think it is something you can legislate or change by behavior. I don't think our behavior can change the climate back or make it accelerate the other way.
Speaker 1: It just we are so arrogant to believe that. I swear to God, it is so arrogant to believe that that.
Speaker 4: That doesn't mean that we don't have and I'm going to let you finish, but I want to say this. It doesn't mean we don't have an impact on our environment. But people confuse environment with climate. We have like the Mile High City, we have that fog cloud, that smog that we can control to an extent with our habits and our lifestyles. And we have certain things around the world, our water quality, all of that stuff.
Speaker 16: But the overall climate, the overall atmosphere, we have very very very little impact on that, and this.
Speaker 1: Is where the scientists who truly look into it are aligned. And you have what you claim, and I think you are.
Speaker 4: Absolutely correct people who latch onto it for control, Tony.
Speaker 1: I want to give you a small analogy.
Speaker 4: Everyone said that the year two thousand was going to rehab it with technology now everyone, So here's.
Speaker 1: What was happening.
Speaker 4: They were hiring experts so they could be y two K compliant, and these experts became experts of experts who were experts of experts, and there was no one who had the balls to say, nothing's going to happen on why two K nothing, Nothing is going to happen nothing, And everyone who said that they said were a nut. And the ones who were advocating for hiring a special team and redoing all the software and the date changes and all of that were touted as heroes. And it's just the biggest joke in the world because nothing did happen. And the companies that went through all of this grief and trouble to fix something that wasn't broken, it fared out exactly the same as other people who did nothing. And I liken the why two K scare to climate change? Oh it's gonna get you. It's gonna get you, it's gonna get you, and then it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't get you.
Speaker 4: And then anything that would happen had very little to do with the actual Y two K. They were talking like it almost took on a life of its own, Tony. There was a run on cash at the banks. Do you remember that? Do you remember that New Year's Eve? Do you remember the three or five years leading up to it? The food stores people were buying, and things people were doing because of what was going to happen on Y two K. Do you remember that or is it so far going?
Speaker 1: People were go ahead.
Speaker 10: I remember at one hundred percent. And I'll tell you why. I had a friend I live in Denver. I have a friend in Minneapolis that I was having a New Year's Eve party. On December thirty one of nineteen ninety nine, I flew to Minneapolis on a jet plane. I was the only passenger, And on the following day I came home on a jet jet plane. I was one of two passengers. My wife stayed home and filled the bath with water. I remember it very well.
Speaker 1: See, people were so afraid not to do something because everyone was selling they should do something. So these people started hiring y two K compliant it guys because they were told they should, and they were afraid that they didn't, they'd be caught with their pants down. It was such a scam, such a scam. I like in climate change to that. Yeah, climate change might be happening. I'll let you finish. Let me take this quick break, Tony, and I love where you're going. Hold on right after this, go.
Speaker 4: With a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here three seven to one three talk Tony, continue with your story about climate change.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Well, look, I don't have anything else to add, just that it is a scam. It's meant for control and if you do some research on it, you will find that all the dates of disaster have passed and we're all still breathing just fine.
Speaker 4: Oh, if you watch that documentary that what you call it, Al Gore, did I mean we are past the I mean if everything you said was wrong.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, But that doesn't.
Speaker 4: See And when I say things like this, When I say things like this, I always get comments from people say, oh, you you know you're destroying the environment.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. See I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm an environmentalist. I believe in taking and being a good steward of the earth.
Speaker 1: I really do. I believe in taking care of our earth.
Speaker 4: I believe in doing things that are good for it and not to unnecessarily contribute.
Speaker 1: To pollution and all of that. Right, But I'd also a one who believes that you can harness all the cowfarts you want and it's not going to help you. And when you offset credits carbon credits, the atmosphere doesn't know that. It's not like you can feel away with some carbon over here and get away with it because you did something over there. It's just weird.
Speaker 4: And I just wish people would get out of politics and just look at real life, real life instead of fantasy. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped of what news needed by so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast.
Speaker 3: As we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino Cano.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here on the air, going on fifty years, kicking ass, solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, listening to consumers.
Speaker 1: So uh unlike these uh climate change advocates. I don't just talk about stuff. I experience it. I often. I don't know. I don't know how you people feel in general about consultants, Mark, how do you feel about consultants? In general.
Speaker 12: For what though, consultants for just any kind of constru anything, because just the industry, the consultant industry.
Speaker 1: And I know what you're gonna say, I've never given a thought.
Speaker 12: I mean, like, if you were going to try to get in shape, I would think a consultant would be good to tell you what kind of weights to lift, how far to run exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: Or if you're doing marketing, you want someone who's familiar with the different marketing or your dream. But the point I'm trying to make is this, you want consultants who know what they're doing. The old joke was this guy was giving a seminar on a hundred ways to make love and he was not He doesn't have a girlfriend and he's not married. You know, there's a joke about marriage counselors who aren't married or people who consult on things, and they really don't have anything but education, they.
Speaker 1: Don't have the experience.
Speaker 4: And so I often, I swear to God, I can't tell you how many times I'm hit up on this show.
Speaker 1: Oh people want to be a guest on this show. Or I read about so called experts, you know, being in the journal in the in the broadcasting industry, and we're always hit up by PR people, Right, here's the number one guru and customer sales and service or in customer service, and I always I just find it funny.
Speaker 4: And so when I if I ever pre interview one of them, I said, what makes you an expert on customer service?
Speaker 1: Well, I've worked with the biggest retailers in the country blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: And I said, yeah, but what about the customer service part? And then what makes you an expert on even a consumer a customer? What would make you an expert at that? Well, we've done we have this research report, we have this white paper, we've done this, we've done that.
Speaker 1: I said, what's your sampling size?
Speaker 4: Usually when you do these, young man, I don't know where you're going with this, but I've worked with and that's where they start talking about who they work. Would I say, Okay, Normally what you find is they do samplings of two hundred and they do surveys. Samplings of two hundred four hundred is usually giant survey. Yeah, they're random, and I'm not talking to I'm not saying these scientific. If you do a really good survey, I'm not saying you're not going to get useful information, But what if you did.
Speaker 1: A survey.
Speaker 4: Five days a week for fifty years, and on every one of those days you talk to dozens of consumers or read their emails or voicemails and interacted with consumers that many times directly directly, not your saff but you And so I tried to I tried to put myself.
Speaker 1: In a pigeonhole. Yeah, I am a consultant, you know, Bob.
Speaker 4: I come to your place and I talk to you guys about customer service and what the consumer's thinking, don't I yes, and what they're thinking when you walk to the door. But I'm not doing that based on a sampling of two hundred I'm doing that based on a sampling of hundreds of thousands of commons. So if you talk to me about an industry and what somebody likes or doesn't like, or how do you make a consumer react to this this or this or this, It doesn't matter that I work with large corporations.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter that I know so and so or such and such. It doesn't matter. What matters is do I know consumers and how do I know them? And I'm going to tell you that that's the strength of the show.
Speaker 4: We help people based on information we've gathered from people, and we go after bad guys based on information we have here, and we go have we get good guys based on information we have here. It's based on real data. No one, there is no one. You can have the capital Jay journalism from Yale. I don't care and why you You could be a broadcaster, you know, it doesn't matter who you are, But you don't know consumers.
Speaker 2: Like we do.
Speaker 4: You absolutely positively do not. And there's not an organization in the world that has done more research than me, not one. There is not one consumer expert in the world who has directly talked to as many consumers as I have and better yet kept track of every.
Speaker 1: Single call an encounter. So if you said, Tom, why does this happen in this industry? I can tell you. And if you ask me why does that happen in that industry? I can tell you. And I don't need a high falutin consultant who's done a survey based on two hundred respondents to tell me. Although they're not trust me, they're not useless. These surveys can be very very good, well and very good.
Speaker 4: If that sampling is done scientifically, and if you can get them to be honest in their answers, how do you do that?
Speaker 1: That's a whole art unto itself.
Speaker 4: How do you know if somebody's being honest with you with an answer, and how do you pose the question so you get the honest answer.
Speaker 1: So let's just put it out there.
Speaker 4: Mark, We've gone and talked to companies, We've gone and talked to employees, We've gone and talked about holes in the ship.
Speaker 1: And there's a.
Speaker 4: Reason we know more than anyone else in the industry because I live it every single day.
Speaker 1: Now, there's a reason I'm bringing this up. If you have a business, We've said this before. I'll do this for you.
Speaker 4: I'll help you free. I'm not looking for anything. If you want me to evaluate what you're doing, if you get a lot of complaints or a lack of reviews or this or that. Now, I'm not going to tell you I'm going to be your onboard consultant for the rest of your life, but I'll give you a consult and I'm not looking for anything in the future, by the way, So don't think, oh, this is Tom's way of getting his foot in the door. Footing the door for what I'm seventy one years old.
Speaker 1: My foot's out of the door. My foot's I don't want a job. I just want to help people. I swear to God.
Speaker 4: I know it sounds weird, but I just love helping people, and I love helping young business. So give me a call sometime and you can use my Google Voice and you can fax me or text me.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'll see the age came out seven four seven nine nine nine fifty eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty.
Speaker 4: I can look at an operation, I can look at problems. I can look at what's going on in your business that you can't figure.
Speaker 1: Out and find it. I can find it. Kelvin? Is it Kelvin or Kevin? Does she misspell your name? Is it? Or is it Calvin.
Speaker 10: Kelvin?
Speaker 9: Like the temperature? Oh well, yeah, my mom bought My mom bought a washing machine appliance factory. She bought to extend the warranty theme and the washing machine. The first time they came out was two years old. You've had a factory warranty up to two years old. And then they extend the warranty kicked in.
Speaker 1: What does she buy By the way, did you say, Calvin, what did she buy.
Speaker 9: A Samsung washing machine from appliance factory?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: Really?
Speaker 1: And then you said the first time? So what do you mean the first time?
Speaker 9: The first time it needed repaired. It was about two years old. It needed some screws fell out, so they come and replace the screws.
Speaker 1: And this is after she so this is a two year old unit that she bought from them. They came out to service.
Speaker 9: Yes, with the extended warranty that we purchased for the guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you buy a brand new Samsung, when did she buy the brand new Samsung?
Speaker 9: In twenty twenty two, twenty twenty two, November of twenty twenty two, Okay, keep going. And so the repairman come out, put the new screws in it, and he said, oh, it needs a new tub. So they ordered it to replaced the tub. And then in December of last year, the repair.
Speaker 1: Man and all of that was paid by all of that was paid by the warranty.
Speaker 9: Right, No, that the original the manufacturer warranty. And then the second repair was on the extended warranty or yeah, the second repair was on.
Speaker 10: The extend okay, warranty.
Speaker 9: Okay, people with the extended warranty said, it's going to cost more to fix the w wassher than the washing machine's worth. And they offered her one hundred and eighty one dollars if she would come and buy a new warsher from them.
Speaker 4: But but, but wait a minute, we're talking about twenty twenty two, twenty three, twenty four.
Speaker 1: We're not even talking about three years old.
Speaker 9: No, no, we're not.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute.
Speaker 15: Machine.
Speaker 4: They're telling you that this three year old, this this three year old appliance factory outlet washing machine, the Samsung is so bad in two or three years that she should just buy a new one.
Speaker 9: Yes, and they'll give her three hundred and eighty one dollars in store credit.
Speaker 1: What is she pay for it? What did she pay for it?
Speaker 9: It was like it was with the extend the warranty, and that I think it was right at one thousand dollars more.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear about the extended warranty. What does she pay for? The appliance.
Speaker 9: Was eight eight ninety nine with tax?
Speaker 4: Okay, now here's what I want to tell you, I'm no lover of the factory outlet, a factory appliance factory outlet. In fact, Mark has become quite an expert at them, he really has. I mean, he's delved into their paperwork and exclusions and I'm going to be talking asking him about certain things. But the way they operate is totally different than any other Applian store. But she bought a new Samsung washing machine for eight ninety nine and two twenty two from Applians Factory outlet. Now they're offering her three hundred and fifty dollars that. I just want to say this, and I again, that is not entirely terrible in my opinion, not entirely, but but I would be pissed that I have to do it. Like, I don't even understand how can a Samsung. I mean, I have a Samsung washing machine and I bought mine way prior to that. I love my Samsung appliance. I love the washing machine, right, but what would I don't even understand why they would say it's not worth fixing. What's wrong with it?
Speaker 9: They the repair man really didn't say what was wrong with it. He just said it needed all these parts and that he would order the parts. And then next thing we know, we get a call from the extended warranty people because it fell under them.
Speaker 1: What is the name of the extended warranty? Oh?
Speaker 9: See here, I talked to him a little while ago, and they never gave it, gave me their name.
Speaker 11: I have their phone number though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but wait a minute, you bought the extended warranty. Is it called the effect is? Is it the factory appliance outlet warranty?
Speaker 9: It's the factory appliance to extend a warranty.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the one they sell. But you don't know who the underwriter is, right, No.
Speaker 9: I don't know the name of the underwriter and company. No, I don't Okay, And.
Speaker 1: How much does she pay for that? About?
Speaker 7: You said?
Speaker 15: So?
Speaker 1: She paid approximately one hundred and fifty bucks for it.
Speaker 9: For they extend to warranty. Yeah, two hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so so far, and embrace yourself for this. I'm not hearing a big screw job. That's a reasonable price for a warranty. It was the reasonable price for the washing machine, and it was reasonable even to offer that three point fifty one. The only question I have is why it doesn't seem it seems weird. But Mark, I need to ask you Mark. Oh, no, I gotta take a break. I want to know how they operate, because Mark will tell you it's not the same as if you went out and bought that at Home Depot or at best Buy. Okay, So hang on and we'll figure out why. Yeah, we'll figure out how. I'm Tom Martino more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter.
Speaker 4: I got a furnace question here and they said, Tom, you said you needed a good furnace to make the air conditioner work. Does that mean I have to replace the furnace when I'm getting my AC. So, Bob, you know, do people have to do with them both at the same time. I mean, I would imagine they're both about the same age, right in most homes. Where have you ever found places where maybe the AC is way newer than the furnace, of the furnace newer than the AC.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's actually quite common. I mean, you know, a lot of a lot of homes, even new builds today don't have air conditioners to them. It's an option, and so a lot of.
Speaker 1: Hard or may they may have added it years later. So let's just say so, let's say they added years later.
Speaker 4: So now they got an AC, the AC ten years old, let's say, but the furnace is twenty five or twenty six. You can just replace that furnace, right.
Speaker 5: You can just replace one component or the other, either the furnace or the air conditioner system.
Speaker 1: But if it's that old, if the air conditioner's ten years old, let's say, it's not going to be hard to find a to matches.
Speaker 5: It's well, it's it's not. But nowadays, the furnace and air conditioning systems that they've always worked in conjunction with each other. But now with with communicating systems and Wi Fi it's and all that, it's it's in an ideal situation, you really do want them together, right, but but it doesn't necessarily have to be that way. And so that's why it's so important to get somebody you can trust to explain the differences of you know, what, what your needs are, what you're hoping to accomplish, and and the thing to keep in mind too, is that the installation process is one of the most expensive parts of the furnace and air conditioning system, but.
Speaker 1: It's one of the most important too, correct And.
Speaker 5: But but my point is if you if you're replacing one, you'll play just a little bit more on installation costs to replace both, where if you're doing them separately and.
Speaker 1: Correct correct, furnaces are way cheaper as Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 4: So Kelvin, let's talk about this now, this washer, she bought it had some problems with it. Now they're saying it's better to just replace it, and they'll give her three point fifty Mark.
Speaker 1: What do you remember? Mark says, a lot of their stuff's been taken down from their website. Mark, was your recollection on how they did bid well, if.
Speaker 12: They sold steep into it, if they sold stuff as a second I mean, I'll call it a scratch and dent. They would generally warranty it themselves, meaning the manufacturer's warranty was void, there wasn't one, so they would fix it. But the exclusions they had in their warranties were quite incredible. But they're no longer on their website. I'm trying to find a copy of them from the past.
Speaker 1: But maybe I remember Mark, didn't you say that?
Speaker 4: Didn't you say that everything they sell they sell direct. They buy it and then resell it. They're not everything, not everything, okay, but a lot of the stuff you buy, you're buying scratch and dents.
Speaker 12: Yeah, some of the scratch and dents, like maybe they bought them from a builder that can't use them anymore, so they're not buying them from the manufacturer. But I do believe they also sell stuff with a manufacturer's warranty. But either way, the manufacturer's warranty is going to be out on this. Most of them are only one year, so they're definitely going to be under that service contract. To me, i'd be curious to look at that extended warranty to see if there's a dollar amount they'll only.
Speaker 1: Pay up to.
Speaker 12: Because it's kind of odd they're saying, hey, we don't want to fix it because it's too expensive, but we'll give you four hundred bucks. I mean, if the warranty says that, fine, but if it doesn't say it, I think they need to fix it.
Speaker 1: Kelvin, did you look at the warranty and their offer and how it looks?
Speaker 15: You know?
Speaker 1: And have you looked at it?
Speaker 9: I tried to pull it up online. They told me to look up one and I cannot find it online through a plant factory.
Speaker 4: So you don't have a cop you don't have a copy of it. I don't like that idea of looking it up online because it's kind of like saying, I mean, they could have changed it since you.
Speaker 1: Bought it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to know the terms and conditions of the warranty your mom got. What are the terms and conditions? Did your mom get any kind of documentation on the warranty?
Speaker 9: The only thing it just says on the bill that she got it's a four year single appliant's warranty.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, I'd love to look for it. Do you have a copy of it?
Speaker 9: I just have a copy of the bill what we got with the numbers they have on it, and that's it. That's all she has. I know when she bought it, the reason she bought it from, she said with the extended warrant. She when she bought it, they told her that if she buys the extended warranty that it'll be good, she'll have it, she won't have to worry about it, and that if anything breaks, they'll fix it, and if they can't fix it, they would replay. Is what they told her in the store to day she bought it. But we never got a copy of the extended warranty or anything they said. That was all online, is what she told me.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you can't find it? No, and Martin, did you find it?
Speaker 19: Now?
Speaker 12: I'm trying to get a copy of the extended warranty. I'm chatting with someone on their website. But I have a feeling, okay, buy.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can have someone during the show right now.
Speaker 14: Calvin, Tom, Calvin, ahead, this is bo. Your mom bought this extended warranty. They're supposed to fix it. I would just call over there. You probably got a technician out there that didn't really know what he was doing and was just going to try to throw parts at it. I think you should call up and say, I got this extended warranty, you're supposed to fix it. Now, get the machine fixed.
Speaker 1: Do you have any notes on the service call as to what's wrong with the washer?
Speaker 9: No, he never gave us any notes or anything. He just said that he told my mother that he would order the party.
Speaker 4: Did the well No, What I'm asking is, did the appliance come when she bought it in a new box like a new appliance or was it a scratch in dent?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 9: It was a brand new appliance that come and they delivered it in a box tour.
Speaker 4: But she never used the original She never used the original factory warranty.
Speaker 9: No, because that run out and she's only used the extended warranty on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, so she did have an actual fact she did have an actual warranty though, Yes she did.
Speaker 14: Okay, I think Tom and just tell him to us that Calvin, I'll be happy to make a call over there for you and just see if we can come.
Speaker 12: Why says right here, guys, here's what I found. It says all plans no refunds will be made based on the replacement product cost difference. The most we will pay and or be liable for on any single repair to your covered product or its replacement is the current depreciated price you paid for the original product at the time of the original purchase, excluding taxes.
Speaker 1: Does that mean that means the most they're going to pay for it is the depreciated value.
Speaker 12: It's almost like ACV policy on a roof, so that they're saying her fifty They're saying her washing machine right now if it was working, is worth three hundred and fifty bucks or whatever the amount is, and that's the maximum they'll pay out.
Speaker 4: Even so that's why if the repair equals more than what it's worth, they're not going to repair it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is like, that's just insane. So, I mean, why call it a fort mark?
Speaker 4: A lot of like a used car. A used car warranty says that in a way. It says when cumulative repairs, not just the current repair, but the cumulative cost of repairs equals the mark the current market value of the car, then you have no more coverage.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but in this case it's it's really crazy because it's a freaking washing machine.
Speaker 1: Right, hold on a sect.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll, uh, we'll we'll explore this some more coming up, but I'll take your other calls three h three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hey, I saw Martino.
Speaker 4: You're a troubleshooter at three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how are we going to leave this? What are we gonna do for Calvin?
Speaker 14: I think Calvin should get his wash his mom's washing machine fixed under the terms of the warranty. Yeah, instead of trying to buys, uh, spend more money for a new one. The agreement was to get it fit.
Speaker 4: But yes, but Mark said, there's a disclaimer and if if it's in the if it's in the agreement, there's not much he can do about it, true, unless we call it. If they have the choice, if they have the choice of buying them out at a ACV value, and that's the choice in the warranty, that's what they bought.
Speaker 1: Now, that's true. But if you could hunt that down, I mean, you want this one bone.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean I met Chuck Ewing one time years ago. He's the owner of the place. I mean, it'd be worth for me to make a call, maybe make it right with these people and just get get her washing machine fixed. I'd like to take it on.
Speaker 4: Okay, now did it, hey, Kelvin, did it have a lot of problems or just a few problems?
Speaker 1: How many times have has she had to use the warranty?
Speaker 9: In other words, twice?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not bad. And this is the second one? Wait? Wait, so would this be the third one or is this the second one?
Speaker 9: The first repair income out? He said it needed some and then he said it needed and yeah, but no, what.
Speaker 4: I'm asking what Calvin, I'm asking in the life of this appliance. How many different problems has she experienced? Okay, this is the second repair. Okay, all right, thank you Calvin. So Bo is going to be getting in touch with you, be waiting for his call, and again I think there's their offer doesn't sound terrible to me?
Speaker 1: Peggy, Hi? What's going on? Peggy?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 19: Yeah, this is Peggy.
Speaker 1: I'm listening. I'm listening.
Speaker 22: Oh go ahead.
Speaker 1: Are you on a speaker?
Speaker 19: Yes, only because I'm hearing impaired. And when I look, I have a I have a captain phone.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, what's.
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 19: What I what I'm trying to access is homeowner's insurance. My former company canceled me, uh or let me know in January that I would be canceled by March sixth, which would have been my renewal dates.
Speaker 1: And why are they canceling you? Why are they canceling you?
Speaker 19: And they well, on the letters, they they said that they don't have to tell me why they're canceling. But I found out later it's because I have three claims within five years and that makes me high risk. Therefore they canceled me.
Speaker 3: And no one else.
Speaker 4: And they're right about this. They're right about that. They don't have to tell you squat and but they are also right that I don't know if it's the word right or wrong even matters. They can cancel you and that's what they're doing. So whether you agree whether it or not, that's just the way it is. So now you need help finding another policy.
Speaker 9: Right, Yes, I have to read what you said.
Speaker 19: Okay. One thing I want I would like to bring out upfront is that one of those claims I was told it would not go against me and it would not be in my record because they didn't pay anything. They wouldn't pay it, and the lady on the phone had told me this one will not go against you because we're not paying the claim. Well, it's on there and it's causing me not to be able to get insurance from any other company.
Speaker 1: It comes back. Oh goodness, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Peggy, this is what I need to know.
Speaker 4: What is the nature of this here this non renewal or excuse me, no, I mean the nature of the previous claims.
Speaker 1: What were the previous claims?
Speaker 19: Okay, two of them were my roof, one was wind damage and one was hail damage, but the one they did not pay was water in my basement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you inquired about it.
Speaker 19: I inquired and the lady said, well, we can't.
Speaker 1: We don't pay that and it.
Speaker 22: Won't go against you.
Speaker 9: But it is going against me.
Speaker 19: I've had I've called every major insurance.
Speaker 4: What they meant, Okay, Yeah, it is going against you, and you're not going to do it. Peggy, You're not going to do anything about it. I want to be honest with you rather than waste your time. You're not going to quibble over whether they paid anything or not. Because their definition of a claim is acclaim. See a claim is a request or an inquiry. It's not necessarily a paid or settled claim. It's a claim.
Speaker 1: Do you know I knew I knew someone who inquired about lost or stolen jewelry and it turned out to be nothing. They didn't pay anything.
Speaker 4: They then put in a claim, not put in a claim, but they asked about a claim for.
Speaker 1: Uh, the same household. I forget what it was for. I think it was a sewer back up.
Speaker 4: And then the third and they didn't pay on that, and then the third because it was a city's problem or something.
Speaker 1: The third one had something to do.
Speaker 4: With a broken window from hail and water, and they never paid on any of the claims, but they were canceled for them.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't want to mess over it.
Speaker 19: I just want to buy new insurance.
Speaker 15: I just want to buy it.
Speaker 1: No, I want to help you. Let's get let's get our insurance expert on you hang on. And what I meant by quibba, what I meant was we we shouldn't waste time with this company. What is the name of the company, by the way.
Speaker 19: The company that cancel my policy is SAFECode.
Speaker 4: Uh oh hm. You know what's the problem with that is is that they might uh okay, what a safe Code is a pretty mainline company. I got to figure out what's going on here? Were those other claims? Were those other claims? Okay, let's take a break. I'll be right back. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you is Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: Ripped new need.
Speaker 2: Advice so you don't have.
Speaker 21: Come running.
Speaker 2: Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 1: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: We are here solving problems, answering questions, taking a planks, and making your life a little easier. This hour brought to you by Renew Home Innovations, who will do the most beautiful shower conversions. If you've ever seen sheep porcelain, My god, is it beautiful, all different colors and patterns or.
Speaker 1: You can get pure white. Anyway.
Speaker 4: He does these shower conversions with these with this porcelink and put porcelain anywhere in your bath to match.
Speaker 1: And you got to check them out.
Speaker 4: Kay. Renew Home Innovations dot Com three oh three nine are four two thousand. These shower conversions take two or three days, that's it, and then you can have months and months to pay. There are so many financing options. Renew Home Innovations dot Com three oh three nine are a four to two thousand. So we're talking about home insurance. We're getting our expert on, so hang on. I'll go back to you when we have our expert. But now I'm going to talk to Hetty about Sentrylink. Hetty, what's going on with Sentrylink?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 20: Hi, Tom, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 20: I have macielneration and I can see to dial the phone, and my daughter's here right now and she helped me dial dial Youth because we were at the hospital at University Hospital, so I had them come out Lulan. It was for a Century Link. And he looks at the phone and he can't find the phone connection around my house for the landline.
Speaker 1: I have wait a minute, hold on, hold on. He looked at what phone? Dear, what phone did he look at that?
Speaker 20: I have a landline at my house and I was going to get another phone from the internet that has big numbers so I could see the dial out.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 20: You can't see that?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 1: So what did he? What did? What did he do?
Speaker 20: He went around looking around the house because there's apparently a connection in the wiring on my phone.
Speaker 1: Now I get it.
Speaker 4: What I need to know is this the phone that you have. You want to get a bigger number phone. But the phone that you have, is it a cordless phone.
Speaker 20: Yes, it's a pan of Sonic's kidless phone. But I can't okay now that small numbers.
Speaker 4: Just hold on, hetty, hetty, I understand all this not talking. I'm just trying to discern something. You have a cordless phone. And do you know where the base is for that phone? Where you you set it in the base to charge?
Speaker 20: Yes, on the desk phone charger, got it.
Speaker 1: And then and then that you plug in the base station you plug into the jacks on your wall, right correct?
Speaker 4: Yes, So you're telling me that a guy from Sentry Link could not tone that line, Well, well here's what it is. Well, then he's an idiot. There's no other word. He's an absolute idiot.
Speaker 1: And I can't even believe it because if you are plugged in somewhere, and you know what I mean. You know those plugins, the jacks on the wall, you have them at your house, right spoil?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well hold on, but you do have how many jacks or or or plug ins are there around your house to plug in a phone if you want it.
Speaker 20: To come any street.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, good Now, now you're telling me you have four jacks. You have four jacks or five jacks or whatever, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Matter how many. And this moron, I don't want to insult my morons. This idiot from CenturyLink could not find your main connection.
Speaker 20: Right he's set outside what's called.
Speaker 1: It's called the central office. He can't find the co he can't find the interface.
Speaker 4: What this idiot does not understand is that he can plug in what's called a toner to one of those lines, to any of those jacks, and he can.
Speaker 1: Go outside and find out where that is.
Speaker 4: I could do it for him in ten minutes. And I don't work for CenturyLink. So what kind of a moron, I'm sorry, do we even need kind of do?
Speaker 1: Is? Plug in the new phone into the cords that she's got right now?
Speaker 20: We tried to plug it in. It works for my daughter's house, but for some reason, it doesn't work with the wiring we have here.
Speaker 1: I don't wait a minute, wait a minute, it doesn't work with the wiring you have. Is it a cordless phone as well? The big number phone? Okay, you have a big number cordless phone, and you took the base station and plugged it into one of the jacks at your house, right, and it won't act. You don't hear a dial tone, or you don't get a dial tone or anything.
Speaker 7: The same jack.
Speaker 1: Now this phone is currently plugged into.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good, good observation. Dragon, it's the same. You plug it into the same place this one is plugged into.
Speaker 1: And it won't work.
Speaker 20: Correct, it won't work.
Speaker 1: What happens? What happens when you click it?
Speaker 20: It's stabic?
Speaker 1: No dial tone? No, But you put the other one back in and you get dial tone.
Speaker 20: Correct. And when he said we didn't have the right one, so he ordered the one he wanted us to order off the internet.
Speaker 1: Well, it could be it could be the phone that you bought. Do you have a model number and stuff? Did you buy it on Amazon?
Speaker 20: The model number on the phone? It's over there. Yeah, she has it here.
Speaker 1: Give it to me, Give it to me. I want to know the exact phone you bought.
Speaker 20: Okay, she's going to go get it just a second now. And he left his cell phone number with me and said when we get the new one, he'd come over and put it in and we we've called and called and left a messine and called.
Speaker 1: Wait wait and he so, did you get it? Did you get another one?
Speaker 20: We got another phone? It's the same one. My daughter says, here you tell.
Speaker 1: You, okay, give me the model, give me the make and model, give me anything you got.
Speaker 20: Okay, just a second, my daughter's going to give.
Speaker 1: It to you. Sure, just a minute, Sure, thank you? Hello, Hi, can you tell me what phone that is?
Speaker 23: Yeah, it's a S I think I m p L simple Photo dial six.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's s I m p l U.
Speaker 23: Huh, landline Photo memory and big button phone for.
Speaker 15: Seniors, Landline.
Speaker 4: Okay, done, Landline. I'm looking up Landline. Keep keep going with the description. So a simple photo, landline.
Speaker 23: Photo memory, big button phone for seniors. One touch diamos our.
Speaker 1: Simple landline Photo Memory. I got it. I got it, okay, and it.
Speaker 23: Will work at my house. It won't And I've tried every the.
Speaker 1: One I'm looking at.
Speaker 4: This is not this simple phone I'm looking at as a base. It's not a cordless phone. It's a regular phone. Is that what you're looking at.
Speaker 23: It's a regular phone. We were trying to It won't matter. Whatever outlet, we plug it in, and she has an extra landline that she turned off.
Speaker 1: No, I get it.
Speaker 23: Okay, she has an extra lay in her bedroom that they could turn on and plug it in. And the guy couldn't find the box for the landline connections. That it's her wiring. It works in my house, she would. They have a cordless one they use right now. It's with a base, but she can't dial with it. So I'm going to put her back on.
Speaker 1: And I understand. I understand that. But why is that phone the old one working and the new one won't. We don't know, but it won't. I have a feeling. I have a feeling this.
Speaker 4: New big button landline phone that I'm looking at here. I'm just trying to see all of the I'm wondering if it's truly.
Speaker 1: It says it is partial.
Speaker 4: Well, this one says partial traditional landlines. Okay, I'm telling you why.
Speaker 1: This is not a wonky It is a void Dare you looking at it? This is a voice machine? Did you look at it?
Speaker 7: Dragon? Yeah, I've got a up on the screen over here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it could be a void phone, so it might be a.
Speaker 1: Little It is a void phone. That's exactly what it is. It it's it's a landline, but it's a voide. It's not what she needs. She needs to I don't know if they even make them anymore. But there's nothing wrong with her wiring. Okay, and there's nothing wrong with the phone. But she should You should return the phone, and you need a true what's called pots. It's called pots phone. It's called pots pot hot Listen, you know what pots and pans, pots and pans. It's the pots part of that. That's what you need. It's called pots.
Speaker 7: Now what that stands for.
Speaker 4: This is what it stands for plane old telephone service. I know this sounds crazy, but that's what they refer. Well, I'm gonna look it up on Amazon. You just need a pots landline, okay. Now, because your phone looking for an IP or excuse me, it's looking for broadband. Let's see pots landline phone. Let me just do some searching here and see if we can find one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, there's all kinds. Who told you which phone to get?
Speaker 15: He did, the.
Speaker 20: Fellow from Luhman from uh, what do you call it?
Speaker 15: Centenary link?
Speaker 1: No? I get it, I get it.
Speaker 11: No, I know it is a good.
Speaker 4: No, I know why he's doing it, because he's not thinking of your wiring. He's thinking of the phone itself. And it's a voipe phone.
Speaker 1: It's not what you have. VOIPE stands for voice over IP. That's not what you're looking for, although technically you could do you Do you have internet? Do you use Internet?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 22: Yes, he doesn't know how to.
Speaker 20: I don't know how. I don't know how to plug it in.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, But what I'm asking is do you have internet service?
Speaker 22: And I thought, yeah, just a minute, I'll put her back on. We had also used another phone this future called FC FC eight eight eight big button phone, and that did not either. And I don't know if that one had voice over internet too, or the landline they don't use.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you something. At her house right there where you are, her apartment or whatever it is. Does she have Does she have Internet service?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: She does?
Speaker 23: They have a mod.
Speaker 4: They just.
Speaker 1: Okay, never mind, alright, forget that part. Okay. I think that it's a very simple thing.
Speaker 4: She needs a big button analog phone, just an old fashioned phone.
Speaker 1: That's how old is the building she find that one.
Speaker 22: Year old house.
Speaker 23: It's her house, Yeah, it's her house, and it's forty years old, and so you might be onto something because it worked in my house, probably because I have a voiceover internet, but she doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and okay, so that's all.
Speaker 4: She just return returned that phone because there's no problem with sentry length, no problem with anybody. And let's try to source one of those phones who can take this case and help her out.
Speaker 1: I uh, I can take care of a looking Amazon and the one do DOC. You know, Doc actually coming Doc.
Speaker 4: You're pretty technical here we're gonna get We're gonna have somebody contact your mom or you off the air. Probably I'd rather talk to you off the air. What we're looking for, just so you know, it's a plane old we're looking for. It's that's what it's called pots, plain old telephone service. So we want a phone that will just plug into ACT and not look for IP but simply look for dial tone.
Speaker 1: That's what we want.
Speaker 4: And I'm not sure if they make them new anymore. I mean maybe they don't even make them new anymore. And that's what we're gonna have to figure out. Okay, Uh, we that this is challenging. It's challenging for people. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three O three.
Speaker 1: Seven one three eighty five lives, stick around.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina here, All right, let's keep going, and Brian Burns, thank you for helping us out again.
Speaker 1: We have a question.
Speaker 4: We have a woman who she's not on right now? Did she hang up Kachina? Keep okay, maybe she's listening. But her homeowner's insurance Safeco is not renewing her due to three claims within five years, two claims for the roof and one claim for water in the basement that they never ended up actually paying, but still they're done with her. What does she do to find new insurance. Are you guys good with these kinds of cases or just with conventional.
Speaker 8: Cases like exhaust the standard market first, see if we can find someone that will take it. I still have some carries. Depending on what years those are in, I might be able to get someone on a standard market for that. If not, we would have to go to an excess market. But we could find a solution for her. Is it difficult, yes, yeah, three claims in five years is a lot only because that's why at least they look at they only look at five years. She could have She could be clean till the past, you know, ten years prior to that, but it doesn't matter. But it goes both ways. She also could have you know, someone comes in and they have no claims in the last five years, but they have you know, five claims to ten years before that aren't even looked at. It's just it's the only window they're looking at is the five years. So three claims in five years is a lot of claims.
Speaker 1: And even if the one was just an enquiry, I know.
Speaker 8: And that is easier to explain. Again, that's why it's good to work with different carriers, because I have some companies that still have underwriters that you can sit and talk to underwriters explain the circumstance and you say, this was just an inquiry. She was just looking at it. She didn't even pay and don't work with you on that. That's why I'm wondering if I could get a market to take this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so.
Speaker 4: That's I mean is but she's automatically going to be considered high risk right.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, even two claims in five years is not easy. I mean it's not like it's unheard of, but it's not easy. It does disqualify her from a bunch of carriers. A lot of carriers are underwriting standards right now. There is one claim in five years. That's just what they look at and it's almost like a black box. It's like, hey, if it is outside of this, it declines. So you know, that's when you have to actually go to work and try to find have conversations with carriers and underwriters and try to try to explain the circumstance.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love having you on.
Speaker 4: That's come US Insurance Group, the Insurance Healthcenter dot com or three oh three nine nine Nicks nine nine six nine thousand, three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. That's for insurance checkups to make sure you know you don't get caught like this and you have a good company and you have good rates and you're not under insured or uh, you're not paying too much. Thank you, Brian, And now we uh turn our attention. Somebody wants to know about a water heater, Bob. They said that they were told one time if they wanted more hot water for a bigger home, they could do two water heaters.
Speaker 1: What's the story on two water heaters? Yeah, that's when do you use two water here?
Speaker 4: So do you zone them meaning you send only one heater to a one area of the house and one to another or how does it work?
Speaker 5: Now they're tied in conjunction with each other, So is it just double whammy basically yes. So you can either increase the size of it or get luck what you have with a recovery system or a tankless So there's a lot of different options. But yeah, tip, I mean typically we would go with a high recovery or a tankless system before we we married another water heater with with the existing one.
Speaker 1: But that is an option, so it's actually in series or is it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're in series. They're basically working back and forth with each other.
Speaker 4: So the water comes from one side only though right at any one point, yes, and then it fills up with the one from the other side. Doesn't make it twice as hot if you wanted to. I mean, how do you use them in conjunction with each other? It doesn't just provide more hot water. It just it's simply that's the water, but.
Speaker 1: The temperature wise and pressure wise, and it is all normal.
Speaker 5: That's all normal.
Speaker 1: All it does is give you more hot water.
Speaker 5: That's correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, So why would you ever need that? I can't even imagine that. So would you do to fifties? Two? One hundreds to forties? What do people do when they do double? It seems to me you just get one big one. Why would you get two other ones?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean there could be a number of reasons, but yeah, normally we would go with a higher like a seventy five gallon or a fifty five high recovery or a tankless system. Okay, very rarely do we put two water heaters together.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, tell the answer. Very rarely. Yes, I have a suggestion for the two water heaters.
Speaker 14: I have one in my small apartment house, and I really like having two water heaters.
Speaker 5: I have two forty gallons in series.
Speaker 14: And the reason I have that if one water heater goes out, that building still has some residual hot water for the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the tenants.
Speaker 5: That's a good point, bow and that is that is a good point why you would do it.
Speaker 4: But wait a minute, are you to say that you have two forties for an apartment house.
Speaker 14: Well, it's only uh, it's only six units.
Speaker 1: Actually one forty gallons for six units. In the morning, somebody's taking a cold shower. Whether eighty gallons that the total storage is eighty gallons.
Speaker 14: I've never had a problem.
Speaker 4: You don't think that's that is to me sounds paltry. But I don't want to insult your apartment house. No, no, really think about it. Six are there?
Speaker 1: Are there six couples in there with kids or just couples of the.
Speaker 14: Working class folks? I think people some people work at night in the morning, you know. But it's been a.
Speaker 1: Great thing looked out because I just can't believe you don't get complaints about people running out of hot water.
Speaker 14: I've never had a complaint, even if the one water heater went out and we didn't get to it for.
Speaker 1: It with forty gallons serving six units forty eighty total of eighty gallons.
Speaker 13: Tom.
Speaker 1: But yeah, point, I.
Speaker 4: Know you said even when one goes out, you said, even when one goes out on complant.
Speaker 14: I will get a complaint. But at least they have some hot water for the dishwasher, shower stuff.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, thanks Bo, that has and I have some questions for Bob later, Nachelle Love.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do it after this.
Speaker 4: Knage Home Solutions has your home solutions, whether it be windows, siding, doors, and more.
Speaker 1: Knag has what you're looking for.
Speaker 4: They're a great company, been around sixty five years and it's a company truly that you can trust. I've known all of the owners and they do have heritage. Cage Windows dot com through three four to one seventy one hundred go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martine here at three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Dean, you have a comment on water heaters. Go ahead, Dean.
Speaker 4: What is it.
Speaker 1: Yet?
Speaker 11: Hi? Tom?
Speaker 19: The uh?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 11: Yeah you were. You were talking about how to pipe these things to get the most efficiency and the temperature that you're after, and there's a recovery. Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Okay, if you if you pipe them in series, all right, So you got let's say, just say you got two of them, all right, two water heaters, two forty gallons Pipeman series. The first one does the brute force heating of the street water, bringing it up to temperature, and then it goes through the next one and it comes up with a finished temperature to try to regulate. So you've pretty much got a good outcome of a finished temperature, you see, because the second one is not heating from the street from the tap.
Speaker 1: Right, that's right.
Speaker 11: If you fight them in parallel, you're setting that load out, but you run out of water quicker and they both kind of drain down at the same time. And one of the problems if you pay them in series, that first one is doing all the work all the time, and it wears out pretty quick.
Speaker 4: Makes sense, I understand completely. Yeah, what you're saying makes sense. I don't ever see the I think it's folly to have two of them.
Speaker 1: The only time I'd have two water heaters is if I'm zoning them and making one for one part of the house and one for another, two complete different systems. I would never use them in parallel, nor would I use them in series ever.
Speaker 4: I would just get the biggest one I could get, or I would go with constant flow.
Speaker 1: But it makes no sense to me to just have two regular water heaters.
Speaker 11: Well, one of the things too, And you got to take this consideration, why don't you start upping the BTUs. You know, from like a forty to an eighty, you're getting up in the commercial step. You've got an exhaust. Deducting has to increased also, So you got that problem you're gonna have to think about.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, And do you know many people do you know many people that do do water heaters together two water heaters.
Speaker 11: I've been I did the I've been in mechanical trade for quite a while, and I saw all kinds of configurations and apartments and hotels and out hospitals, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 1: And you know one thing that I think, go ahead, well.
Speaker 11: Here here here was a guy. Have you ever heard of a guy named Pat bro Now, okay, all right, he's one of the Okay, he's one of the Denver's multi billionaires. He's real quiet, low profile guy.
Speaker 1: You never actually heard of him.
Speaker 11: Oh, anyway, he's got I got eighteen twenty thousand square foot house with all kinds of water eaters and fancy stuff. It's in the in the commercial category of mechanical stuff in his house. And so we had he had all kinds of stuff. So anyway, but you ask, have I seen it? Yes, in residential a few in the high end side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So what I what I think is is there's another common sense thing that people could do that doesn't cost a lot of money, and that is take a big holding tank and not two water heaters.
Speaker 1: But like, let's say, a good sized water heater is fifty gallons, right, Bob, fifty gallons a good size.
Speaker 5: That's a normal that's a normal size. You have forty fiftiest.
Speaker 4: So when you go into a house, they want a big one. Do you have one hundred gallon ones for a house?
Speaker 1: Well? Normal?
Speaker 5: I mean like like this color said, you're getting into the commercial grade water.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you don't. So that biggest one you get for a house is fifty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've done seventy five. And again like your's fifty five high recovery.
Speaker 1: Right, So let's say fifty five high recovery.
Speaker 4: Or any kind of fifty gallon tank you have, you can put in a holding tank that does nothing but holds water.
Speaker 1: That's all it does. But it's uninsulated.
Speaker 11: Here's the problem. It sits there unless you've got a research between running it back and forth. It just sits there and it doesn't get hot.
Speaker 1: Well I'm talking about though.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's just all the holding tank.
Speaker 4: Is doing is bringing it from ground to almost a room temperature, and it's just sitting in a tank without any insulation.
Speaker 1: And then it's fed into the water heater, and your water heater works less and can produce more.
Speaker 5: Because it's at room temperature close to groundwater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's it's heating up room temperature water as opposed to starting from scratch in the ground. Does that make sense to you, Dean, Well, how long is.
Speaker 11: It gonna sit there before you need it?
Speaker 1: Well, it sits there forever. You always have a constant fifty gallon tank. You know, it's always there.
Speaker 11: But you bring in the street water, you're gonna bring it up to room temperature. And maybe unless you're just using it in these apartments, God, the demands, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, no, no, I'm talking about for a normal house.
Speaker 7: You're right.
Speaker 4: I mean, you don't know how long it'll sit there. But most of the time people aren't you that much. You're gonna have a big water tank. All I'm saying is it's just a sitting. It's just sitting. It's just helping people to have a less burden on their system. And again it's not the end all, but it's a very common sense solution for some Tom, what question do you have on retirement?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Tom?
Speaker 18: Hey, Tom, how are you hey? I'll be good man, I'll be sixty seven July twenty First, I have social Security two pensions, and I have entered the drop plan at work, which they make a match. I don't know enough about it because they just entered and I must retire. I must retire by twelve one of twenty seven. I will be okay, and I'm I'm doing that just to keep my daughter on health insurance.
Speaker 9: Okay, what you have your plan.
Speaker 18: You have retirement center at the Rockies, you have my money mind? What direction would you tell me to go?
Speaker 4: Well, it's hard to say in just this short amount of time, So hold on, let me take a break. I'll come right back to you though, and give you a little more time. Okay, hang on, I'm Tom Martino more, coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi Tom Martino here, I want to go right to uh Tom, So Tom, I need to ask your situation bro real quick. He's gone there, Tom. Okay, Tom? What is your income a year?
Speaker 18: About eighty?
Speaker 1: Okay? How much debt do you have?
Speaker 18: None?
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's wonderful. And how many what investible funds do you have now beyond an emergency fund in your checking account?
Speaker 18: I just have my there's money and a pen. Two pensions and I have one that is taken care of by one of the pension people. Okay, whatever is best for me?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: How much cumulatively are all of your pensions and investments?
Speaker 1: How much do they add up to?
Speaker 18: Five hundred thousand?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Now, so your total estate is about five hundred. You have an emergency fund? And then what assets do you have on top of the liquid five.
Speaker 1: Hundred I have?
Speaker 18: I'm renting right now, so I have nerdy.
Speaker 1: Okay. So now what is your question? What do you do with this? What you do with it? You have a lot to work with.
Speaker 10: What I would?
Speaker 1: And how old do you fifty seven? Did you say sixty seven? All right?
Speaker 4: If I was sixty seven with the next egg of five hundred various accounts as long as I had an emergency account set aside that five hundred. I know.
Speaker 1: Let's put it this way.
Speaker 4: There are people that you're going to go to, and many of them are all going to say a fixed indextinuity, fixed indextinuity.
Speaker 1: That's because you have a lump sum.
Speaker 4: They want part of it, and they want a commission on it, and they want you to have guarantee and security.
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with that, but there are ways to have.
Speaker 4: Guarantees and securities outside of the annuity market and not be limited on upside potential and then gradually convert what you need for income to a structured bond fund without taxes where you don't have to pay tax on the money, or you can go to an annuity at any time. Remember annuities, it can always be going to later. They never have to be done now or never, and because they don't grow a lot. So the idea of annuity is safety and income and you can always do that at the last minute and instantly annuitize it. So if I were you, Tom, and I don't mean this really as a joke, I mean this sincerely, you should sit down with us, and we can take a look at everything you're doing and come up with some successions. And I don't mean as a client. I don't mean you have to hire us. You never have to do anything. And we would do that for your complimentary just because they don't want you making mistakes.
Speaker 1: Who is investing your money? Write down these various pensions.
Speaker 18: One of the pensions, I invested the money myself twenty thirty forty years ago and have never change it, but it keeps on making money and my good.
Speaker 1: Well, we would look at that.
Speaker 4: We would look at that and compare that to other models, let's say, to see if you're missing out on anything, and we would take a look at each and every one of those and make suggestions and you can most likely do it on your own. If you'd like to do that, give me a call off the er or text me at three h three seven seven one help.
Speaker 1: We got more.
Speaker 4: Well, we're out of time. Plumbline Services dot com save all your problems for me.