Speaker 1: When this company owned the Fox that I did for like fourteen years on Sunday mornings. Those were good times. John Paul George Ringo me. We wouldn't let Yoko in hell. Every once in a while she would sneak in because she was stealthy, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Look, Mam Tree is here. Good morning, Mam Tree.
Speaker 3: Josh, The battle up, Jerry Cold, Jerry come, Jerry Coo, Josha, the battle up Jerico and the walls who come he dombery da.
Speaker 4: Amen?
Speaker 1: Amen, he blew his show far and through the power of God, and that tone out of that horn, the walls came tumbling down.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 2: That's a fact, true truth, God's word. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Baby?
Speaker 2: How was your birthday last Sunday?
Speaker 4: It was great. I got about six or seven clothing gifts. I got short sets, pants sets, tonics and my friends sweep Marshall over here in Union made a Derby pie and she spart fed me like a baby.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 4: She need to bring me milkshaked and spoon feed me because I can't do these little plastic spoon with glaucoma. Yeah, he goes down my chest instead of my mouth.
Speaker 2: That's no good.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: You know, for anybody who's never had a milkshake or ice cream on their chest, it's just sticky.
Speaker 2: It gets now. You probably don't have chest hair, though. Do you have what chest hair?
Speaker 4: A cap heir here?
Speaker 2: No, a chest hair? You have chest hair on your chest? You have hair on I remember, No, I don't.
Speaker 4: Tell me about that one of my stories. I have my chest and my husband didn't really yeh was he jealous? I guess he was more Indian than me.
Speaker 2: Liam, Are you hearing this?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, what happened to your chest hair?
Speaker 4: I got old and realized I wasn't a boy.
Speaker 3: I'm a girl.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Do you know this story about my brother fusion in my face?
Speaker 5: Rody?
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: It's one of the most famous Mamme Tree stories ever. Of course, you told it to me, not as Mamme Tree the first time you were Lynette then, and that was many years.
Speaker 4: You can drop the mammetry because I'm not having no more surgeries, I hope.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're back to Lynnette.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: Uh well, I called you Lynnette for years and then all of a sudden you said, no, I'm Mommetry.
Speaker 4: Now I'm like, well, Okay, don't count my mouth surge because I don't answered Patricia. I pat, I'm Tree.
Speaker 2: Ah, so that's where the tree came from. Patricia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my sister call me Trish and her kids coming twee twee. Turned the tree and then she started coming Tree. Did my mom start coming? Try and my baby call me my tree?
Speaker 7: WHOA?
Speaker 2: Where did Lynette come from?
Speaker 4: Lynette came out in nineteen seventy four when my boyfriend dropped dead before we married. You remember the politics and days.
Speaker 1: I didn't live here. I never saw Paul on TV in Cincinnati. I thought I've heard.
Speaker 4: Stories flice girl on there. The black girl anyway, had a black gipsy wig down my shoulder and a gladiator out. It was the Caesar boots up.
Speaker 2: I wish I could have seen that Lynette.
Speaker 4: I didn't put the garter on my leg because I was married in June.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, my boyfriend went home to Richmond and he called me collecting my hospital. My mom said no, I said, what was it? Collect called from WILM Harris? I said, Mom, what'd you do that? Before I got three phone? I would just set transfer to my number. And he died, so I got on the radio as Lynette the widow that isn't because I didn't get married in June. I'm the widow that isn't because he died before I could marry him.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 4: That's where Lynette come from.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, very nice Lynette the widow that isn't.
Speaker 4: And now we're having that who no longer has.
Speaker 1: No longer has chest hair, but does have Bengo today. Yes, right, it's good to talk to you as always.
Speaker 9: I love you thirty two Aye, bye bye.
Speaker 1: We'll be hanging with and shining on a Saturday morning, like Dick from Dayton.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Dick, Good morning, Giry, Jeff, How are you good?
Speaker 1: Are you up and Adam today? Are you ready to go? Are you are ready to roll out and take on the world?
Speaker 5: Dick?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I slept pretty good last night.
Speaker 2: That's wonderful. What are your plans for today?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 11: I'm just gonna probably go see my friend and just I have some work to do with the library. But I got to play at the Strummers this week and over at Spring Benders. It was a pretty good show.
Speaker 1: Buddy, what did you play?
Speaker 2: You remember what you played?
Speaker 10: Well, we're learning some new songs. We've played Mama Don't Allow, Rolling in My Baby's Arms, Ring of Fire, Marty reeda villel some pretty good songs, buddy, Uh.
Speaker 1: Fill into it, Ring, the Fire Went Down, Down Down, and the Flames when high high.
Speaker 11: Yesterday I did do Lord song, uh, you know, the religious song and well the Circle be Unbroken. And I think I did one more. I think I did Mama don't Allow.
Speaker 1: I've never heard Mama don't Allow. So when you get that down, when you get it down, I want to hear that. Okay, Oh, okay, what instrument do you play on Mama Don't Allow?
Speaker 11: I played the yukulele. I bought another yuke. It's a small one. I got a pretty good price on it.
Speaker 2: Oh really how much?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 11: I only paid forty bucks for it.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, it's not bad at all. Do you think it's hot? Do you think it's stolen?
Speaker 12: No, it's a good one.
Speaker 11: It's a pretty good one.
Speaker 1: I mean there is Jeremy items that are stolen that are pretty good. I mean, if you can get a good deal on a hot one, yeah, I don't want to. I don't want to go too much on a yuke. No, no, Well, listen, have a fantastic week, and thanks for calling.
Speaker 5: Dick.
Speaker 2: Say good night, Dick, Good night, Gary Jeff. All Right, we continue.
Speaker 1: Into the first official hour the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, May the tenth, twenty twenty five, Gary, Jeff Walker and you together again the way God intended it, apparently, because it doesn't happen with all the out the almighty having my father. I think that's that's what I've heard. How about we talked to Dave. Good morning, Dave, Dave from Harrison.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 12: How were we doing there on this glorious MDWE?
Speaker 1: All I can tell what you always come up with, these these anacronyms that I'm not sure what they mean.
Speaker 2: What'd you say? Glorious?
Speaker 12: What boris Mother's Day?
Speaker 5: Weekend?
Speaker 2: But you didn't say that, you said md WWE.
Speaker 9: Time is short, my friend, would have to be brief.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, giddy up, sparkle farts, there's chaos to spread.
Speaker 9: What do you got, ah?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 5: You know what last night on Big One they said that you, sir, are the spicy cheese on the breakfast burrito of Saturday Morning. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: Who said that?
Speaker 5: Wild? The announcer.
Speaker 1: Guy, I'm so grumpy, I'm not even talking to myself, Dave. So, no, I didn't hear that.
Speaker 12: So I'm just wondering if that makes me a red hallopenia.
Speaker 2: Maybe Garret Jeff, he's got sound effects, Yeah, Dave.
Speaker 12: And her mother's day.
Speaker 13: I remember when mom went into the bathroom to color hair red.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Oh my gosh, it looked.
Speaker 5: Like somebody died in there. I'm sorry, Hey Gary, Yeah, uh, you know where surfers learned to surf?
Speaker 2: Well, I would, I would assume the ocean.
Speaker 5: Well, he yeah, you're quotes at boarding school.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dave, you know I've been told when you're dead, you don't know that you're dead. All of the pain is felt by others. It's the same thing that happens when you're stupid.
Speaker 14: Jokes told by day from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming, Gary Jeff Walker. Great to be with you as always. It's part of my Saturday regiment.
Speaker 1: If I didn't have this, I would be completely done, I mean directionless. It would be nothing else. That'd be a great void in my life. So thank you for helping me fill it. Five one, three, seven, four nine hundred the Big One as usual. And Illo to Lou somewhere in Covington, who's way too drunk to be texting anyone at this hour or listening to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Lou.
Speaker 1: And hello to good friend Radio Rick, who is all was bright eyed and bushy tailed on a Saturday morning just about this time, with a reception report d xing from somewhere around Indianapolis. Here he is, Rick Washburn, Good morning, Old Radio Rick. Hey, good morning Gary Jeff.
Speaker 12: Thanks for that. Yeah, you're coming in four by four.
Speaker 1: And part of it it sounds like this so hello, that sounds like the attorney Blake Maslin's phone number. He's got this ad that's all fours and they've got a cute little jingle that they spent at least ten seconds on it.
Speaker 12: Four four four four four four four.
Speaker 1: I guess so people don't forget, but four by four is not quite as loud as possible, not quite as clear as possible.
Speaker 2: And tell me why.
Speaker 12: Well, the clarity I think is because of the season change, possibly some activity, because I don't have any radio that's picking you guys up two. Well, this whole week atmosphere, that's what I was looking for. And then as far as the loudness goes, it's well, let me describe this radio. It's a nineteen forty one Foco forty one that's six oh four p. It's a radio phonograph combination the five to tube. It's wood cabinet table model with a flip up lid for the record player, and it's loaded with features including it can pick up any radio station as long as it's a local AM station. It has two speaker girls only one speaker, though. It can play any type of record as long as it's a seventy eight, and can play as many records at one time unassisted as you want, as long as that number is one. And I'm trying to be positive here, but hey, let's go to the catalog and see if they did any better. Okay, all right, So I go to the catalog. First of all, there are ten Silco models from forty one on this page, and this one has less than half as much of a description as all the rest of them. So apparently they knew they didn't have much to work with already. If and it's not, but if this were a Moncom rewards catalog, you'd had the good, better, the best, and this would be Oh and we also had this one. But here we go, five tube phonograph circuit. Well, no, it's a five to two radio and the phono circuit uses two of the part of two of those tubes. All right, crystal pickup on nineteen forty one. That's like saying car comes with rubber tires.
Speaker 2: I had, well, hold on just a second.
Speaker 1: I remember when I was a kid, may have been boy Scouts or whatever, cub Scouts. I built my own crystal radio, as many of us did, oh it or what the British used to call the cat's whisk. And I mean, you want to talk about trying to precisely tune anything and was just a chore, but when you did, it was so miraculous that you were actually receiving a radio signal. You didn't care how hard you had to work at it. But did you did you ever build an old Crystal radio set?
Speaker 12: I did, and it explained to me why all the old advertisements for those Cats Whisker sets always showed a young child at the helm, because that was the only person in the family had no patience to do.
Speaker 2: Please continue, And then.
Speaker 12: You got excited when you picked the station, you pounded your fist on the table and then screwed it up.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, exactly, not get right off the signal. Uh So, anyway, it has u this.
Speaker 12: Crystal Yeah, well a Crystal pickup, which is the record player cartridge. Okay, tone control for records, well it's not really control. It's a switch high slash low. That's all right, but don't control for records. It also controls the tones of the radio. You guys. They were just adding words to try to fill in three lines, I guess. And my favorite part at the piece three Resistance gets regular programs. It's an AM radio.
Speaker 1: Regular programs, so more than likely, more than likely it's not picking this one up because there is no way you could call this a regular program.
Speaker 2: It's regularly, but there's nothing regular about not even the host. This morning, I thought, yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 12: I thought about that too. It's just like, is that a content comment?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 12: The World War two German people's radios that they had the swastika on the front and it could only pick up German approved stations with German approved content.
Speaker 5: God, is that what it means?
Speaker 1: This was the This was the anniversary of the book burnings all across Germany in the nineteen thirties. Not exactly a great, great anniversary. Now you said it mentioned this catalog had all these nineteen forty one radios filmcos did it have my nineteen forty one philco on this?
Speaker 12: I'm looking right at it. It has yours and also well it has also the World's Fare, which was the top of the line with a wireless remote control, which is a thing of amazement for another excuse me another call, and the beam of Light record players, which used light to pick up the music off the record instead of the needle, but it still needed a needle to keep it in the groove, So what was the point again? Which made the tour arm even heavier. But yeah, there's yours is sitting in absolute glow, as well as another one that I own, which are both the AM and that's so called police band, which actually is low and short wave by.
Speaker 1: The aforementioned Montgomery Ward standards. Would yours and my be good better or best?
Speaker 12: Rick, we'd both be in the better category.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, what's the best of the of what you're looking at? From nineteen forty That will.
Speaker 12: Be the sixth to the forty one six sixteen wireless remote control photo electric reproducer, sixteen tubes, wow, inter mixed record changer, tilt front Georgian cabinet, overseas wave band built in American and overseas aerial system, eight electric push buttons for two mechanical I don't know for tuning bands standard American and foreign short wave.
Speaker 2: What was the MSRP on that baby?
Speaker 12: It doesn't say so.
Speaker 2: I think if you have to have to add you can't afford it.
Speaker 1: All right, Rick, thanks a lot, This one great, great talk with you, old radio Rick at gmail dot com. If you'd like to get in touch with mister Washburn, we'll continue. Oh, my friend doctor Dennis from Annapolis is standing by. He is upte.
Speaker 15: This is lots of sunshine warms us up into the low seventies. Tonight we drop down to fifty, but we see lots of sunshine tomorrow and again temperatures warm all the way up to eighty degrees. For me s of your weather station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred W seven one.
Speaker 2: Hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 1: As you just heard, It's going to be a nice night for professional soccer at TQLFC Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: With the match, Liam Ye.
Speaker 16: Had the Orange and Blue look to bounce back from their loss on the road to New York City FC last weekend. Austin FC comes to TQL Stadium. The Orange and Blue are currently in second place in the Eastern Conference. Pregame coverage for tonight's match begins at seven kick, except for seven thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty. The Red Legs fell to the Astros three to nothing last night. Nick Martinez gave up three runs and six innings, struck out five. The Reds are now three and six in the month of May. The Reds are back in action tonight. Lance mccullis Junior will make his second start of the season for the Astros, and Brady Singer four and two with a three point sixty six ERA, will make his will be on the mound for the Red Legs tonight. Inside pitch begins at six' ten first pitch except for seven to ten right here on the home of The reds seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 2: Wlw thank, you sir. BOY i think the loss Of Hunter, green especially right, now that's a.
Speaker 1: Killer how about let's travel east To annapolis And Annapolis, Annapolis.
Speaker 2: Maryland i'll get it. RIGHT i swear.
Speaker 1: The home of our BRAVE Us navy and also the home of Doctor dennis. Mcgedigan Doctor, dennis good, morning how are? YOU i was trying TO i was trying to put another syllable In, Annapolis, Annapolis. Annapolis i've gone From indianapolis To. Annapolis.
Speaker 17: Anyway that was a that was a commercial running a few years ago For. March Mad estate had a little commercial they went to and they were hoping they were holding the final Four indianapolis and they ended up In. Annapolis so, ANYWAY I i had hoped to fall followed day From harrison with this. One Uh so here it goes uh for the gender gender dysphoria crowd wanting to fly? Anywhere what was there commercial carrier of?
Speaker 5: Choice?
Speaker 1: Uh for for again for anywhere transgender crowd? Choice who would the gender dysphoria crowd choose for an. Airline, Yes i'm, asking.
Speaker 5: Well ye treads over their.
Speaker 1: Lives, Okay, wow that that's about As that's about as good As dave's.
Speaker 2: Rule of.
Speaker 1: Thumb from from this point, forward let's limit the bad jokes to the original bad joke, teller and you can you can call with something substantive anytime in the future when when you And jeanie are.
Speaker 2: Going to be back.
Speaker 17: Visiting uh, YEAH i actually we're we'll be out there In.
Speaker 2: August all, right, fantastic look. Forward all, right we've got a new place to have brunch On.
Speaker 1: Sunday oh, good, great all, right Doctor dennis trying to Be dave From.
Speaker 2: Harrison see that you gotta stay in your.
Speaker 1: Lane if your job is to get on the radio once a week and tell bad dad, jokes that's what you. DO i would not expect in depth political commentary From dave From, harrison or a worldview of geopolitical current. Events, HOWEVER i would expect lame, humor and that's WHAT i. Get, See Doctor dennis just isn't usually the purveyor of such and or one.
Speaker 2: Liners so stay in your, lane my, Man stay in your.
Speaker 1: Lane we will talk to folks who always stay in their, lane a country lane in how Now Brown. County the gang From ripley At brookies are standing by WHERE i understand that The queen Of hearts at that location Next wednesday has soared to a record. High we'll discuss in moments coming up on six twenty six seven UTTER. Wlw definitely a weekend of weather that mother will. Love, today sunshine and a high up to seventy three after a very cool.
Speaker 2: Start hit frost on the wed not, frost but fog on the windows this.
Speaker 1: Morning tonight FOR Fc, cincinnati clear, skies, dry seven to, thirty first kick at about sixty nine. Degrees then tomorrow For Mother's, day mostly sunny and a high of seventy eight.
Speaker 2: Seven one HUNDRED wlw Sport Liam what you.
Speaker 16: Got The orange And blue are currently in second place in The Eastern. Conference they are back in action at home AT Tql stadium Against AUSTIN. Fc pregame coverage begins at, Seven kick is set for seven thirty ON espn fifteen. Thirty The Red legs fell to The astros three to, Nothing Nick Martinez gaziel giving up three runs and six innings striking out. Five The reds are now three and six in the month Of. May reds are back in action. Tonight lance McCullers junior takes the mound for the second start of the season for The astros And Brady singer four and two with a three point six to. Sixty lra takes the mound for The. Reds inside pitch begins at six.' ten first pitch is set for seven ten right here On the home Of. The reds SEVEN, Hundred, Wlw joiners ROTTEN. And gj dubbs with you On a saturday. Morning edition always look forward to this call.
Speaker 1: Every week this guy has this portion of the show lockdown as long as he wants to, do IT because, i mean he's not going to get. Paid anymore, of course he couldn't get paid any less for doing all the fine work he does. For us he certainly puts everything into these commentaries that he has put together through.
Speaker 2: The week and he is back with. Another one steve From.
Speaker 1: Met in ohio with a Pizsyphone called news Of the week and probably a page two here.
Speaker 2: Or there, Good, Morning.
Speaker 18: Steven Good, Morning, Gary jeff, oh wow Oh. JET lag i just got Back. From rome we saw the significance this week of that VISIT. Between jd vance and The Late Pope francis. Easter weekend The New Pope. Robert Prevost now leo's. The Fourteenth thank vance for convincing The Ailing pope francis to vote for Him if. Francis Died pope leo is from where dead folks. Can vote he apparently has quite the sense. Of humor addressing the Crowd In Saint, peter's square, HE said i want to thank my fellow cardinals for getting me the hell Out of Chicago When mayor daily was around every.
Speaker 5: Day work.
Speaker 18: Back there they Need another catholic mayor should be, too hard lots Of dead catholic voters. Back HOME and i want to thank my dad and especially my Mom On mother's day for making it possible for me to live In the VATICAN where i can get takeout PIZZA anytime i want and they. Tip me is that Heaven?
Speaker 5: ON earth i like.
Speaker 18: This guy rumor has It That pope leo is a liberal and is thinking about letting. Priests marry now that shouldn't be too big. A, deal really we know The, First Pope, saint peter was married and possibly several other apostles. Were Married so i'm Waiting For hope leo to come out on that balcony Of The sistine chapel with a maga hat meaning marry a. Girl again don't know Where the pope stands on, global warming But The labor Party in britain has announced that it's going to try and block the sun due to. Higher temperatures when the party bosses vak on, the riviera do they complain about, the heat, Just asking oh, My god Tomorrow Is, Mother's Day so i'd like to salute two.
Speaker 5: Famous.
Speaker 18: Mothers always number One, is mary the earth Mother. Of jesus she gets very few lines In, the bible considering that, Without her jesus would never have had the opportunity to save our. Sorry Behinds, SAINT mary i raise a Glass Of mogan david, to you to you in, your honor. THANK you i screwed that up. Too Much bogan david, for breakfast and another toast to all women who have lost a child. Here here and Then there's Eleanor, of aquitaine who not only had, ten children all of whom, survived childhood but she also is the only woman to have Been the Queen of france And later Queen. Of england eleanor lived through most of the, twelfth century dying in twelve oh four at the ripe old age of, eighty two about twice as long as the average woman of. Her time her first Hubby Was king louis the Seventh. Of france she liked, a party, he didn't so she divorced him after she bore him, to daughters which Meant for louis no heirs to. The throne she then hooked Up With england's Henry. The second she was a little too outspoken for, his likes but he kept it to himself because she bore him five sons and three daughters just. For kicks Two of Henry and eleanor's Sons became Kings. Of england three of their daughters. Married kings eleanor was actually Imprisoned by henry for encouraging his sons and heirs to rebel.
Speaker 5: Against HIM oh i love.
Speaker 18: This chick but later she expressed her displeasure with sons And kings Richard.
Speaker 12: And john calling them.
Speaker 18: Incompetent Boobs, isaac asimov The great american science fiction writer who also wrote a famous Guide to shakespeaer Referred to eleanor as a. Great, hater well, that's True, but richard the first known in history as The, lion hearted and His brother John, the first who followed him were indeed failures. As kings richard wasted money trying to Take over france and got killed in, a crusade while his brother was forced By the english and nobles to give up many of his powers In THE magna carta greatest cultural Tribute to eleanor is possibly the nineteen Sixty eight Hollywood Film the Lion. In Winter catherine hepburn got the third of Her Four academy Awards For best Actress, playing Eleanor and peter O'Toole Got A best actor nomination For. Playing, henry wow that's a, great film by, The way i've watched it. Three times it just gets better every dog. On time you Can't. Beat hepburn next week we might mention a third woman who never lived long enough to have, a child and she is Honored on may the eighth every Year. In france, That Said, gary jeff best of everything. To, Everybody, hey.
Speaker 2: Steve.
Speaker 1: Oh never mind on one thing about what he said About the pope leaning towards allowing priest To Marry first corinthians seven. To nine, paul writes but if they cannot exercise, self control they, should marry for it is better to marry than to burn. With passion there you go. Real quickly let's go to My Friend ray Scott. In, loveland ray how, you? Doing brother, Good, Morning. Gary jeff good to talk to.
Speaker 12: My, friend yes, YOU know i had to come in and say stand. Corrected in.
Speaker 19: You Know When president trump says he has A strict america, first, policy yeah he. MEANS it I mean i came on the air and said there would Never be american pope in.
Speaker 2: Uh oh that that Was, But, Ray, ray ray that was. LAST week i don't even. Remember that, you know think of.
Speaker 19: The sign you know how you drive through the little town and of the sign. Says, birthplace yeah you know like Mcew and tennessee they have on the highway seventieth birthplace of nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 5: Runner Up.
Speaker 19: Missus tennessee you know, what's so what's what's the signing on look Like? In chicago, YOU know i mean birthplace that's.
Speaker 2: Just amazing pole, the fourteenth that's what it.
Speaker 19: Should, REACT yeah i mean they Have, the bears they Had, the bulls they Had The, pope.
Speaker 1: Hope and you, know what it's not it's not that surprising to me That the cardinals elected A white, sox fan because they would never Elect a.
Speaker 2: Cubs fan.
Speaker 5: We'll leave, on that.
Speaker 1: All Right ray scott from the Land of low, this morning coming up on six. Fifty five still, To Come steve shilty. Environmental stuff he's talking about how some of the quote unquote conservationists are backing off these clean energy mandates that they've been saying were essential. For, years uh we may or may Not Have. Rocco costellano we'll figure out What rock go's. Up To tom davis diaries on, the way and of course it's seven. Thirty five the music, Professors, Back jim Lebarbara and liam. Are unflappable man behind the controls has sworn.
Speaker 2: That this one is going to be. SPOT on.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what, he meant BECAUSE again i don't remember last week on PURPOSE d wlw this.
Speaker 15: Moll bond SEVEN hundred wlw join using as we're down into the, low forties but we see lots of sunshine today and tempters climb to the. Low seventies only down to fifty tonight before we warm close. To eighty On our Sunday From Severe, Weather station i'm Nine First Warning Meteorologist cameron harden On news radio SEVEN. Hundred wlw really, pretty morning sunny skies and forty two degrees right now at seven.
Speaker 2: Oh Five I'm.
Speaker 20: Sandy collins next update at seven thirty On news radio SEVEN Hundred wlw.
Speaker 6: News twenty four hours, A Day news radio SEVEN hundred wlw.
Speaker 1: Into another hour Of the saturday morning edition From, This saturday may, the tenth twenty. Twenty, Five Gary jeff walker with you and with us at seven o six Our Friend, steve shilty our, environmental engineer who is now on the line and will engineers through this segment, once Again, mister schulte. Good morning it's great to have you along as. All us Hello to chris to two. Point zero today we are talking, about conservationists, so called beginning to question renewable energies pushes.
Speaker 2: And mandates?
Speaker 1: What happened did they actually start looking at the science and the data or is it just not as well?
Speaker 2: Politically, expedient hopefully hopefully there's cracks.
Speaker 19: Happening now this comes From The Heartland Dot Org Climate change weekly number five forty three issued yesterday headline as conservationists began questioning renewable any energy push regarding ENERGY development noe types of energy production pose a greater risk of wildlands and wildlife and industrial wind and. Solar power based On the, heartland's research it requires approximately sixty square miles of, solar panels so that's something like six miles why ten miles long to generate the same amount of power as a conventional power plant, using coal, natural gas, even nuclear it requires approximately three.
Speaker 5: Hundred and twenty.
Speaker 19: Square miles that's something like eighteen miles by eighteen miles of.
Speaker 5: Wind turbans to do.
Speaker 19: The same so it seems like at least the one environmental leader this comes from our Friends down Under in australia spoken up about the impacts of solar and. Wind Projects, kelly jones the creative Director of australia's Organization called Carbon, eight fund which advocates, regenerative agriculture is kind of like in, sustainability thing recently posted an article Quote the australian government's aggressive push for, renewable ENERGY and i would say all other governments too has created a significant moral dilemma for. Conservation charities on the, one hand these organizations are in trust with protecting ecosystems. And biodiversity on the, other hand these NGOs there, You, Go gary, Jeff, NGOs yeah are increasingly reliant on government funding tied to these government. Renewable incentives the result a deafening silence in the face of environmental destruction as, raising concerns but habitat loss could jeopardize their. Financial stability this, isn't conservation it's, capt capitulation.
Speaker 5: ALL right.
Speaker 1: I see what the study and what the author, Is SAYING but i think we need to draw a. Distinct line like we need to draw a line between immigrants and. Illegal immigrants we need to draw a line between conservationists and these climate cultists who are in a religion that has nothing to do with conservation of. The planet it has to do within a. Political agenda and the people WHO were i, think conservationists as they look at conserving and saving this wonderful nature that, we have whether it be a wetland or a rainforest or, anything else understands that wind and solar are more destructive than the fossil fuels we have available today to, our planet to, our atmosphere to, our BIOSPHERE and i think we need to separate the conservationist from the radical climate. Religion KOOKS and i think that that's starting.
Speaker 19: To happen, it may BUT but i think he's pointing out is that's far too many conservationist organizations are getting funding from. The government, you know ask, The, Question Gary jeff greenpeace got it start doing what stop the hunting? Of whales saving? The whales but now we have the right whales out off the coast of The north landic coast of, you know there's been some good science done that the these huge wind projects off the northeast coast are starting.
Speaker 12: To cause the bright wale to lose.
Speaker 19: Its way and but Is green peace out there even just questioning whether or not we should look at this before we go.
Speaker 5: Any, further no because so.
Speaker 19: Where's The automa society and Other nga.
Speaker 1: Because they are no longer because of THIS oh pm addiction to other people's money that you always, Talk, about steve they are not conservationist.
Speaker 2: Groups. ANYMORE SO i i think they're NGOs.
Speaker 19: Addicted dopm and THAT'S what i think he's. Telling us and even he goes further saying that the corporate influence is even the complicates. The issue renewable ENERGY companies, i know at Least, in Australia but.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it.
Speaker 19: Happens here they donate to these conservation companies, or organizations which further incentifies that they stay silent when they know what's going on out there is the the for the things that they're trying.
Speaker 9: To, concern yeah.
Speaker 1: They're bribing them with for. Their acquiescence, You're right, Uh listen thanks, so. Much brother very enlightening and. VERY encouraging, i think in, a WAY and i hope among, true conservationists this idea begins to. Set in the science is realized and if you want to save, the planet wind and solar ain't the way.
Speaker 2: To GO so i went To The bawling alley with my Friend short steam.
Speaker 18: Making fun of.
Speaker 1: Your, Friends tight.
Speaker 2: I'm not making fun.
Speaker 9: OF people.
Speaker 2: I don't he's TALLER than. I am, You're no.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it feels like it's not safe to, say anything but Not with Eddie. And rockey they want to hear what you have.
Speaker 2: To say we think it's important for everyone to. Be heard Eddie And rockey monday afternoon at three seven hundred W.
Speaker 1: L w thinking about it once again On the saturday, Morning, edition roco how, are you, my man, good.
Speaker 2: Man it's been, a while been, a, while.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah a. Little while i've been traveling. A.
Speaker 2: Lot yeah we were just Down. In florida where were You? In florida what were you Doing? In, Florida Uh.
Speaker 8: TAMPA bay. I. Was uh there are two Comedians Of burke kershner And And. Tom sigart they had something Called The two BEARS five K and i was running there a recovery.
Speaker 2: For, Them, okay yeah that's one of the Things that.
Speaker 1: Rocket does he does recovery tents for athletes all over the country and it's it's, cool work.
Speaker 2: All right so.
Speaker 1: That aside we have a new, surgeon general we have a. New administration we have a new Director at Health And, Human SERVICES. Robert F, kennedy junior who has been very vocal about certain vaccines and food dice gotten some food. Dice spanished but what has not, Happened, yet rocco is the TAKING the covid nineteen vaccine off the list for children in the regimen of. Vaccine recommendations and you're a little upset.
Speaker 2: About, That.
Speaker 5: Well i'm, still wondering, you Know.
Speaker 13: Because i'm i'm a little ANNOYED because i FEEL like i Feel like trump has been captured in some way at thinking that that operation of warp speed was such a, great THING and i feel like he's he doesn't feel like it's going to be, an accomplishment even though it was a great it was a really good thing that he, tried to, you know do something at, warp speed which you know He's at. Trump speed and, but uh, you know now it's time we all we all know THAT, the COVID that covid didn't harm, you, know uh our children in a way that, that Everybody that fauci and everyone said that it would bark and. All them and it's, about time, you.
Speaker 5: Know uh YOU know rfk And and trump can easily with that with the swipe of, a pen take that off of the off. The schedule and and it's. ABOUT time i want to SEE the covid vavaccine off the. Childhood schedule i'd love to see a few more off the childhood, schedule too BUT the, covid vaccine and we have seen that it. Hasn't, worked no all these things still anywhere near the. Any people they should. Be off they should not be. Being sold he should not be being given to.
Speaker 1: Anyone anymore the government should not be pushing the government should not be PUSHING the. mRNA drugs there's no reason. For it they, weren't effective they. Weren't safe as we're finding out more and MORE and covid as, you mentioned and all the research. Has found they founded at, the time and they continued to find the information that children are the least vulnerable TO the covid nineteen virus and are the least likely to, catch it the least likely to, spread it and should Not be we should not be requiring kids to Take these. Frankenstein shots just there's. No reasons it's not. It's Irresponsible And, president trump like everyone else In, official washington this is how he is, like them has a hard time saying he was.
Speaker 2: Wrong ever.
Speaker 5: And and you know all it, is is you, Know what and you could blame bithen for the mandas you blame for. Everything else just take the thing off of.
Speaker 9: The, SCHEDULE ye i mean it's. Not, hard Hey if i'm getting sick, of, it.
Speaker 1: Right if people, want it, It's available but take it off the schedule where people think that they are obligated to, have that especially for. Their Children Roco Costelano. Good words you can find out More of roco's works and commentaries and research at rococostelano. Dot com time now For The Tom. DAVIS diaries i like to call these the and, that madman, of course is OUR friend td, with wild wacky stories from around the country and around.
Speaker 2: The world and here.
Speaker 21: He is, Good, Morning gary jeff This week i'm pretty sure that's not. My grandma but First, to akron where a woman in her raccoon we're busted for. Smoking meth cops pulled over a woman and were stunned when they saw that she's behind the wheel while there's a raccoon in the passenger seat with a meth pipe in. His mouth that woman charged. With possession, The, raccoon chewy was unharmed but taken into care by. Animal control there Is a southern Chef from nashville who's making headlines for his new and. Inventive Recipes chef kobe want you to Try his velveda flavored. Ice cream it's made From actual velveda. Imitation cheesebrick they say, it's salty it's got a pale, yellow color and so far it's getting.
Speaker 2: Rave Reviews In New, york city the police.
Speaker 21: Were inundated with calls from onlookers who saw a woman walking topless down. The street she was smoking a cigarette and CARRYING A t mobile bag while her fun bags were. Flopping, about incredibly the cops told people to quit calling because it's not illegal to be topless in public In The. Big apple this is news to, this reporter who will probably need to Travel To new york to see the situation. For himself, and finally A grieving georgia woman has filed a lawsuit against a funeral home for mixing up. The Bodies marva lynch provided clothes and a wig for her, grandmother's funeral but when she, showed up her clothes and hair, were there but they were on. Somebody else she's accusing the funeral home of negligence and seeking monetary damages to pay for funeral costs and to heal her. Emotional distress, Next week florida man gored by bison and yellowstone and lives to tell.
Speaker 2: The tale have a, Great.
Speaker 15: Weekend portiaes but the good news is lots of sunshine warms us up into the. Low seventies tonight we drop down, to fifty but we see lots of sunshine tomorrow and again temperatures warm all the way up to eighty degrees.
Speaker 2: From you severe.
Speaker 15: Weather station i'm Nine First Warning Meteorologist cameron harden on news radio SEVEN hundred wlw SEVEN Hundred.
Speaker 1: WLW sports i Was sports eve when a mom Could Love Liam Tomlinson Bengals Mini Camp Rookie mini Camp.
Speaker 16: Was friday in first round and second Round, Picks schmarsh Stuart And Dimitris knight junior spent many camp on the sidelines as they work out. Their contracts all the other. Rookies PARTICIPATED some. Nba scores cavaliers Beat the pacers one twenty six TO one. O four, Last night pacers lead the series two.
Speaker 1: TO one i remember When, the cavaliers Long before lebron or, anything else were the butt of jokes OF, the nba Because well i'm OLD and i just remember. THESE things, i mean they were right up there WITH The, la clippers who were perpetual losers And, the cavs, you know through the Advent, Of lebron james coming there and then coming back and the, whole thing and you know they have a legacy now, as winners but for most of their life IN the nba they were not, playoff bound and here.
Speaker 2: They are they could have been a.
Speaker 16: Dynasty Too But kevin durant Was on twitter saying yesterday that he's glad he broke Up the cavaliers dynasty by Joining the warriors and creating a dynasty In.
Speaker 2: THE bay i think it.
Speaker 1: All Started When lebron james mother slept with one of. His, teammates, Anyway continue.
Speaker 16: Denver Top To oklahoma city one thirteen to one oh four. In overtime denver leads that series two. To One the Celtics and knicks face off In the garden. This afternoon that tips at. Three Thirty the knicks lead that series two. To nothing the LAST four nba champions have not made to pass the second round IN The, nba playoffs and that would Fit the celtics. This year minnesota Travels To golden. State tonight that tips at. Eight thirty that series is tied. One apiece Aid The, Truest Championship keith mitchell is in the lead at Twelve Under shane lowry and second at Eleven Under Justin thomas Rory Mclory colin morikawa are tied for fourth.
Speaker 1: At seven everybody's licking their Chops because scheffler bowed out of this one after winning his first tournament of.
Speaker 16: The year, Last week Florida beat toronto five, to four and that IS some. Nhl scores florida is losing the series one. To two jets Blake the stars. For nothing that series is tied, as One And tonight Capitols and hurricanes face Off for. Game three that series tied. To one Oilers And golden knights Met for. Game three oilers up, to nothing hot.
Speaker 2: Action on the pitch AND. The, TQL Tonight.
Speaker 16: FCS austin fc COMES To tql stadium to play the team currently in second In The. Eastern Conference the Orange and blue pregame covers begins a seven kick except for seven to THIRTY on espn.
Speaker 1: Fifteen thirty not a good Opener in houston last night For. The reds they were, blanked again Even Though nick martinez had a fair representation starting just no.
Speaker 2: Offense whatsoever out Of these reds can't win a ball game scoring.
Speaker 16: Zero Runs the reds are now three and six in the Month, of may but tonight they're back with a chance to take the series with the first step would be when the night and tomorrow obviously. After noon lace McCullers makes a second start of the season For. The Astros brady singer will take the mound For The. Red legs inside pitch begins at six' ten first pitch except for seven to ten right Here on the Home of the REDS. Seven hundred wlw.
Speaker 1: And of Course, This coming, wednesday may Fourteenth The Gabp It's Pete, rose Celebration Night The Pete, rose celebration GAME, seven hundred wld with full coverage of a very very special night of. Baseball, and, remembrance.
Speaker 2: Well well well what do? We have here another Hour of.
Speaker 1: The saturday morning Edition, For this saturday, may the ten. Twenty Twenty, Five I'm, jerry jeff walker you or you and that is perfectly. Fine with me and we're all. In this together eight Six on, this saturday morning and still waiting for beetlejuice to explode somewhere. In the cosmos we won't know about it until years. After, it's happened accord How About a science minute With Our. Friends, science mike yes as a night scientists Been surprising it.
Speaker 2: Bell binding, Me. Good morning michael.
Speaker 9: How are you. I'M pretty good i got.
Speaker 7: Some, GOOD news oh i got the for everybody that was concerned about the Satellite Ate the russian cosmos for eighty two That was circling earth for, over fifty years so it failed to get launching The. Go to venus that it. DID re enter i think. IT re entered i believe. It re entered that was just Uh In the indian Ocean, East, of jakarta indonesia around two. Thirty this, morning so.
Speaker 9: Uh that's uh it was kind of interesting, because you KNOW this was i had, not.
Speaker 5: HEARD this and i.
Speaker 1: AM extremely relieved i was So, worried, about well satellite that's funny falling.
Speaker 9: On my, head what well it's it's, unlike.
Speaker 7: Other satellites this thing was designed to Go into. The venus atmosphere so it's like nine of the east fahrenheit and ninety times Of pressure of earth and uh so this thing was designed to. Not burn up so this and when this, thing, came in uh there's probably really pretty good chance that it came, in all intact so it wasn't like they could burn up in the. In our atmosphere so. In the end the funny thing it's interesting was the parachute system, was still intact so it, never never disengaged so it probably would never have precious probably whenever came out anyway because of the. Age of it but it was one of those things that could it could have. Been very interesting it, was, over lands, well you know it was One of those this is this.
Speaker 1: Is indicative of A lot of soviet Space craft or. Soviety eraospace craft they just weren't very well designed because it was supposed To go to venus and it never left our app.
Speaker 7: Or our orbit that's a great point because these missions they sent from nineteen sixty one to nineteen Eighty, four to venus they were all sister they all. Had sister missions, in other words they didn't. Send one there they sent two because they knew one of, them probably fail so they had a better chance of getting the other. One up there so the. Sister made it when it, was sent up think It was, called beniva eight and that was like four or, five days later, it lifted off but it Made. It to venus but this poor one never could get out, of your sorbit so it just circled for about.
Speaker 5: Over fifty years that.
Speaker 1: Probably came in you know that our our different Planets in this solar system are. So, vastly different venus, as you mentioned is like nine hundred degrees fahrenheit on, a Good day and mars is what two hundred degrees below fahrenheit in places at times. OF the, year i mean, it's VERY cold and i know That Because Of elton john's rocketman and listening to the. Lyrics of That but and earth is, just You know we're We're in. That goldilocks, space.
Speaker 9: How lucky are no?
Speaker 2: Doubt, about it yes sir blessed by zip code. In The costume actually.
Speaker 7: Venus is, the hottest planet And people, think mercury Is but actually venus is the hottest Planet in the i'll still say of. The Nine planets so i'm.
Speaker 1: Still, AT school, yeah i mean probably not a good, Space for man but that rocket ship designed and one. Made, it successfully michael thank you so much for. The good news it's rare that we have great, news AND science but i. Count on you coming upon ten minutes, past The Hour brother rick Green and a bible, verse coming up and a few thoughts about something that has dominated our news In the, tri state lately including sadly saying goodbye To One of. Hamilton county's finests this past week.
Speaker 15: Pretty eas but the good news is lots of sunshine warms us up into. The low seventies tonight we drop, down to fifty but we see lots, of sunshine tomorrow and again temperatures warm all the way up to eighty degrees from you. Severe weather station I'm Nine First Warning meteorologist cameron harden on news RADIO seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven Hundred wlw sports another, Great Sports, Weekend Liam.
Speaker 16: Yeah some bengals news First Round pick shamar stewart and Second Round Pick demetrius Knight junior spent friday's rookie mini camp on the sideline as they work. Out the contracts all the. OTHER Rookies Participated nba Playoffs, Semi five finals Cavaliers beat the pacers one twenty six to. One oh four pacers lead the series. Two to one Denver Top to oklahoma city one thirteen to one oh. Four in overtime denver leads that series. Two to One celtics and knicks face Off in the garden this afternoon. At three thirty knicks lead the series. Two to nothing minnesota Travels to the Bay To face golden state tonight. At eight thirty series is. Tied one Apiece In. The Truest championship keith mitchell is in the lead At Twelve under shane lowry in second At Eleven, Under, justin, Thomas Rory mcelory colin morrikawa are tied for fourth. AT seven under nhl. Playoffs currently underway in the, Semi final Round florida beat toronto.
Speaker 2: Five to four florida. Leads the.
Speaker 16: Series excuse me toronto leads the series. Two to one Jets blank the stars. Four to nothing the series. Tied up One capitals and hurricanes Face off. For game three that series is tied. One to One Oilers and golden Knights meet for game three. Tonight as well oilers are up. Two To nothing The orange and blue looked the bounce back from their Road Loss To new YORK city a. C last weekend SC Comes. To Tql stadium orange blue are currently in the second Place In. The eastern conference pregame coverage begins at seven kick except for SEVEN thirty on. Espn fifteen thirty.
Speaker 2: Reds on The. Road At houston the astros took game one of the series last night. Three.
Speaker 16: To Nothing yeah nick martinez gave up three runs, and six innings. STRUCK out five i believe that's the First time the astros have beat the red. Since twenty sixteen it's been. A Long time the reds are now three and three and six in The, month of May but the reds are.
Speaker 7: Back.
Speaker 16: In action tonight lance mccollochs Junior, for the astros makes his second start. Of The season brady singer four and two with a three point six To, six at era Starts For the red. Legs to night inside pitch begins at six to ten first pitch except for. Seven to ten you can catch all that action right Here on the Home of the REDS Seven hundred wlw are?
Speaker 2: You, absolutely, sure? YES yes positive. A FEW thoughts when i found out last week.
Speaker 1: About the vehicular homicide Of One of, Hamilton County's, finests larry Henderson The Retired hamilton, county deputy sheriff they weren't. Releasing his name actually This was, Last SATURDAY morning so i text my friend Who Was A hamilton, County, deputy sheriff mitch and said they aren't. Releasing the name they had the person who drove in to the sheriff, on purpose allegedly but they weren't. RELEASING the, name i guess pending all of the notifications.
Speaker 5: And the like.
Speaker 1: His Name is larry henderson and he was mowed down helping out directing traffic at, UC's, graduation ceremonies purportedly it hasn't been proven in a, court of law but Allegedly By, mister hinton junior just hours after he found out his son had been shot well in the commission of some kind of car theft. With his buddies he had a gun on him and he did not comply with police and. Wound up, dead it's. Tragic it's sad there's no justification for taking the law into your own hands and attacking the first law enforcement officer you saw. IN your grief i would like to say that all of it, is incredibly sad but to put this onus upon the police and not on the person who, committed the crime and perhaps the young man who started this ball in motion when he decided to. Commit a crime if that's, what he did that's where the fault blames and where the fault lies and where it. Should be placed But Now the black panthers. Gosh Remember Them the black panthers are planning some protest.
Speaker 7: To.
Speaker 2: Free mister hinton here was The STATEMENT By. Malik Z Schabbaz The.
Speaker 1: Black panther movement anti police brutality activists And Supporters Of brother rodney hinton will be standing Up for dactave cincinnati to organize this city And help brother hinton. And his family what they're basically doing is trying to fan the flames against the police because one of their own allegedly. Committed a crime Meet At The hamilton county courthouse five, pm public meeting street action location, to be Announced and the panthers and supporters are going to Check on mister hinton's welfare and established protocols for. His security interest this is going to happen of like at tend if you were. Not the police the police here are. Not the problem the problem with Groups Like, the BLACK panthers and i would suggest that from my. Own personal opinion my own personal opinion is Groups Like the black panthers ought to be rightfully ignored by anyone with a brain in their head, and common SENSE, just like blm JUST like the Kkk Or the neo Nazis. Marching in evanston if you don't give them, what they want, which is attention they simply will have no other choice but. To go away and if they don't go away and commit crimes, getting more violent if they're ignored as some of, those groups do, those extreme groups well then you arrest them and send them to jail. For committing crimes that is. Not free speech violence is, not free speech and words. Are not violent Ignore, the black panthers Ignore the neo nazis again my advice Eight twenty Six, food for thought don't eat too, much.
Speaker 2: Morning kids time For gifts From Wally for mike allen.
Speaker 1: AND lawyers everywhere a lawyer opens the door of HIS, Brand new bmw suddenly a car comes screaming down the city street and rips that door. Right off completely when the police arrive, on the scene the lawyer hopping up and, down with rage complaining bitterly about the damage done TO. His, Precious bmw officer look what they've done, to my, beaver he shrieked.
Speaker 8: And.
Speaker 1: The cop, Recognized he says you lawyers. Are so materialistic it's amazing you're so worried ABOUT your. Stupid bmw door you didn't even realize that your left arm was. Completely ripped off, the lawyer. Says oh no, he looks down noticing for the first time the bloody stump where his left, arm had been looks at the, cop and.
Speaker 2: Says where's my? Rolex from home.
Speaker 1: The words of the Late left Hander Joe, knoxon gary jeff great to be with, you as always and it's great to turn over to this guy for a. Little sports Stuff our own moegger is back with Us on. A Saturday, morning hey mo?
Speaker 5: What's going on you know?
Speaker 2: What's going on you got. To tell me that's.
Speaker 1: The whole point first And Foremost is shamar Stewart And mister knight junior sitting. On the sidelines this is not, a, BIG deal, right i mean these deals are obviously going. To get done and the only reason these two rookies, are holding out these, two draft choices is because there's some guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Money.
Speaker 5: At.
Speaker 12: Stake right yeah they were.
Speaker 5: Both there yesterday they were both present with their. Teammates in meetings they just didn't go. Through the practice we are long past the days of the rookie holdout just because there's really, no, NEGOTIATING room, right i, mean you know we.
Speaker 12: All remember what it was, like.
Speaker 5: For many many Years when the bengals would almost inevitably draft someone in the first round and then the guy wouldn't show up, until you know well in the camp and in some cases once. The season started that's back, when you know rookies could negotiate the length, of the deal, the money involved the. Guaranteed money involved now all of that is, pretty much slotted so the contracts haven't. Been signed yet but if you're worried about this being something that becomes a story all spring, AND summer long i would tell you to direct, your concern Elsewhere Like.
Speaker 1: MAYBE trey hendrickson i saw a, story, this morning moo another one of these just. Blanket sports Reports Sources say trey Hendrickson and the bengals. Are in communication It's Like saying President trump and china in. Communication about trade doesn't mean anything's going to, get done, right.
Speaker 5: It. DOESN'T you know i think the QUESTION now is i think there are two. Questions about this number One Is is trey hendrickson willing to miss games and? Forego game, Checks you know and this is the same conversation We Had about jamar Chase and the.
Speaker 12: Bengals.
Speaker 5: Last year uh if the, answer is, yes well okay that May compel the bengals to move a little bit as it relates to Their Position. Regarding trey, hendrickson if not it's just two sides staring. At each other AND so that's i don't think anybody has the answer, to. THAT question, right i mean, as you know it's one thing to, miss training camp it's one thing to, miss preseason games it's one thing to. Miss Offseason workouts is tray gonna dig in and decide, to you know, forego you know close to a million dollars a game for every game that. HE shuts out i think the, other question, is You know the bengals Were Gonna let tee Higgins Walk until joe burrow stood up, there and, said uh. Huh We can't and Joe Has, mentioned trey hendrickson but he has Not talked. About trey emphatically if He. DID t higgins i said on the air this WEEK that If I, Was trey hendrickson i'd make a Phone Call to joe, burrow, and go dude do you mind? Doing that again because, we've never, seen you know we've never seen anybody flex their Muscle the way joe Did. With t higgins is he willing? To do that and will he Do That? With trey hendrickson and, if he.
Speaker 2: Does and mo, if he does does he get an agent's commission cut?
Speaker 5: Of?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 5: Deal?
Speaker 2: Trey sound.
Speaker 5: Well and then you, have, To, say Like god is joe gonna start Negotiating on the bengals behalf when it comes to? The STADIUM deal, like i, mean you know there's all sorts, of But yeah it's i'm really. Interested in, THAT beyond that i Don't think the bengals are going to. Move THEIR position And i think i've said. THIS to you i don't think either. Side IS wrong Like I understand trey hendrickson led the league in. Sacks last year he wants to be paid like one of the very best, of HIS position, And, i understand, yeah he's terrific but he's going to be thirty one years old up by the end. Of THE season and I understand, the bengals, position which is, you know what he has been great and we certainly do, want him here but there's a pretty good chance his best years, have already happened and so why are we going to pay him in twenty twenty six in. Twenty twenty seven for twenty twenty three and twenty. Twenty four production they have offered, him A contract and i'm sure they've offered him a contract with a raise beyond what he got. PAID last year i think at the end, Of the day trey made a big mistake by signing a contract extension about a year and a half ago for the twenty. Twenty Five season and i'd be willing to bet that if you sat him, down and said is there one thing you wish you could go, back and redo is it?
Speaker 9: Signing that extension he.
Speaker 1: Would, say, yes well likewise is there people who still have a hard time Believing that the reds Are Still Playing?
Speaker 2: Ken griffy, junior.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 1: Speaking Of Our. Beloved Red Legs the hunter green injury. Was just devastating, it's just devastating isn't it?
Speaker 5: At this point, well this, week, well, yeah man, yeah you know you think in the first quarter, of the season you've had, all these questions like we spend all winter and all spring training wondering about so many different things as it relates. To this team did they add enough? To the roster how good are the new guys? Going To Be Is eli dela cruz going to? Make A leap is matt mclan going to come back? And be healthy who can do what? In the bullpen and we have spent the first quarter of the season asking some of, the same questions. If not more the One Certainty, was, hunter green right and now you take your surest thing and there's a cloud of uncertainty. Hanging over him and they said It was a grade, one groin strade which is. The least, severe, but Look man the red starting pitching. Is their strength it's. Not Even Close and hunter green is the strength of. Their starting pitching it's. Not even close and, so you know so hopefully he misses two or three starts, and he's okay but it's just one. More question mark and As Awesome as hunter, green has been and over his, last thirty starts basically, a full season he's been one of the best three or four, pitchers in baseball he has not gotten through a full big league season without going on. The injured list you can't help, but mention that and you can't help but factor that in you when you, talk about him and it's. It's a shame.
Speaker 20: This was This.
Speaker 5: SERIES in, ATLANTA i mean i know they. Lost last night we could, talk about that but it's it's hard to have a more. Disastrous four games they had more players go on the injured list. Than games won the one, game They Won one hunter. Green got hurt they lost two games where they had a league going into, the ninth inning they lost two. Extra inning games it couldn't have, gotten any worse and then it.
Speaker 9: Did, last, NIGHT yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I, had another question just a, general baseball question and maybe you are not the best suited, TO, answer this mo But it's something i've always wondered in watching, major league games and it's mostly in, major league games and it happens more often than not when a guy gets struck out as, he's walking off if he's not looking at the, umpire in disbelief he's staring down the picture that just. PUT him, out i mean what the? Hell is THAT always, Wondered, i, said yeah dude you. Just struck out he. Just got you why are you staring him down like he. Did something, illegal you know you're not entitled to have a hit every time you're up.
Speaker 2: To the plate the guy was better than. You this, time but there YOU know.
Speaker 1: What i mean and the guys just stare at the picture as they're walking back, to the dugout, Like you dirty you did YOUR job.
Speaker 9: And i didn't have you noted the audacity to throw?
Speaker 5: Me a curveball yeah YOU know.
Speaker 2: What i mean you've, seen it. Though, HAVEN'T you oh.
Speaker 5: I see it i guess staring at the picture is better than staring back at your teammates as you walk back. To the dugout i'm guessing for some there's a sense, of all right, You got me i'll get. You next time i'm. Sure for, some you know oftentimes when, you strike, out you know maybe you got a pitch that you didn't think you were. Going to get maybe the. Pitcher fools you and when, SOMEONE fools you i guess maybe you kind of look at, him, and go huh. WHEN'T expecting that i don't know that's THAT'S that's a i guess maybe that's, just a natural. A natural response i mean if you, with, basketball, players yeah yeah you see it. With basketball players sometimes they will score on a guy and then just. Stare at him maybe this is baseball's.
Speaker 1: Version, of that yeah, but in basketball you're staring at the guy that you just tole, up in baseball you're staring at the guy that just.
Speaker 2: Tow you, up and well it's kind.
Speaker 5: Of what you don't see is like if a pitcher gives up, a home run it's not like he stares. At the guy now he circles, The, basis right no he's too busy.
Speaker 2: How, far the ball. WHAT he's doing, nba playoffs continue MO and and i never remember if You were a knicks Fan or a nets fan when You Lived in new jersey as a, boy growing up which?
Speaker 5: One was It Die Hard new?
Speaker 9: York, necks fan okay Dating Back to christmas day in.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty seven so with their history over over their entire history, of the franchise, seventy seven seasons they've made the playoffs, forty two times, only two championships the Famously Nineteen seventy Willis Reed come back GAME And the nba finals in. Nineteen seventy three had a couple of Chances During the. Patrick ewing years and, Here they are they're up two games to one against, the you Know The, heralded boston celtics you know that has such a HISTORY of.
Speaker 2: Winning nba championships is this?
Speaker 9: The next year, do, you think well let me correct you there up two.
Speaker 5: Games, to none okay it's even worse than when they had a two. To, one lead look they've got their hands full. With this series the way they have won the, first two games they have dug twenty point leads in. Both of them they had to come back from down fourteen in the fourth Quarter to. Win game two they were down twenty late in the second Half to. WIN game one i don't know if it's their year to, win a title, BUT you know i, think this franchise for the better part of which was always so good. In the, nineties you know once the twenty, first century came they stopped going to the playoffs and they stopped winning. A playoff series up until, twenty Twenty two the knicks had won one playoff series since the. Year two thousand so just to get to This point for knicks. Fans is, Awesome You know las vegas Still Thinks the boston celtics are gonna, win THE series and i understand lot they have, been really good good enough to build large leads. In this series They would have game seven on. The home floor they are, the defending champions but the nets is they are the healthiest, team right now and oftentimes it's. Not the best it's not the team with, the best Player although the knicks Often Have with jalen brunson. A marvelous guard they've got the healthiest team right now they've played today at, Three Point Thirty madison square garden is going. TO be rocking i certainly wouldn't Bet on the knicks, winning A title but i think anybody who Roots for The orange and blue would tell you that if they could just get Back To the, eastern conference finals we will.
Speaker 1: Be absolutely, Astatic, You know Mike my enduring nick's memory Mo Is Coach jeff van Gundy Hanging onto alonzo morning's leg and being tossed around like. A rag doll That's My Favorite new. York, KNICKS story listen i have a fantastic.
Speaker 2: Game five playing, any, Golf too man.
Speaker 9: I'll, see, you, no okay.
Speaker 20: So, counselor good? Morning, good morning hey, before WE start can i talk to?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 20: About something sure you really need to knock it off with. THE lawyer, jokes i mean we are. An honorable profession it's not like we bring this. Stuff upon ourselves so none OF this is i. Say with tongue it. Firmly IN cheek so, i love them and most lawyers do believe.
Speaker 1: It, or, not well sure if you can't, laugh at, yourself that's right it doesn't matter everybody else. Is anyway exactly i'm. Just kidding you you never you never want a lawyer around unless. You need, one you know.
Speaker 20: This Is true what I'm saying that i'm watching your face, and, it's, like oh shoot where's he?
Speaker 1: Going, WITH this no i wasn't. Concerned at, all you know you have the power to throw me in jail with legal voodoo that you, Do So, Well mike ali what is what Is on the? Saturday morning edition.
Speaker 20: We are going to talk about kind of solemn Here The deputy larry henderson was laid. To rest yesterday we're going to talk about the ceremony. That took place also going to Talk About. Prosecutor connie pillott she did death. Spect the case it is a death, penalty CASE now and i think that was kind of a courageous thing for her to, do because many, if not most, in her part do not support. The death penalty she did the RIGHT thing and i think she could be should be. Commended for that going To Talk to john Dipetrio. From up north he is THE President of fop lodge One Seventeen. In montgomery county going To Talk, about deputy henderson but also. About police training then, finally at eleven we're going to talk TO attorney And Leo commentator steve gooden just about what you have to show for a death penalty case and the ins and outs of.
Speaker 1: The death penalty if it can be proven that This Guy rammed larry henderson on purpose with the intent of, doing him harm it is the same thing as he walking up to him with a gun pointed at his head and. Pulling THE trigger and i understand that it's capital crime and hopefully the juror's, first degree murder and he ought to suffer the, consequences of that regardless of what happened.
Speaker 2: With HIS family and.
Speaker 20: I get that but. Here's the thing in a, death penalty case the jury. Decides that punishment it's the. Only criminal, OFFENSE and sure, i YOU know as i, Sit, Here, TODAY gary jeff i don't see that that's going to be an issue, for the prosecutor but.
Speaker 1: You, never Know, yeah exactly saturday midday after the Show show at huddles Slinging drinks for.
Speaker 2: Hillbillies and others and.
Speaker 1: One more Thing My, friends mitch bruiser Who Is A Hamilton county deputy sheriff himself and his two b amber are getting.
Speaker 2: Married, Today.
Speaker 1: In metamora indiana best wishes and float away to happy land on the bubbles. As they say for, OVER Eight years qc connectics has been the nation's leader in nonsurge