Speaker 1: You're listening to Tim Conway Junior on De Maya from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Am six Forting. It is the Conway Show.
Speaker 3: Mo Kelly is here normally your show and I'll be at eight o'clock. Then you take over for the rest of the night.
Speaker 2: Till eleven o'clock. Yeah, to eleven o'clock. That'll be great. All right.
Speaker 3: We have La City council Member Tracy Parks is with us representing mostly.
Speaker 2: I think, if I'm not.
Speaker 3: Mistaken, the eleventh district is a lot of the western southwestern part of the city.
Speaker 2: Is that correct, Tracy?
Speaker 4: That's right, everything west of the four or five south of mill Holland down to down to the lax.
Speaker 2: All right, that's huge, that's huge, huge.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: Is there any way that we can get Santa Monica back?
Speaker 4: You know, I tell folks in Santa Monica all the time. You know, I surround you on three sides. You are my constituents, and I'm really lucky to have a great relationship with Santa Monica.
Speaker 2: Oh that is great. Where do you see some of the measures? Measure A and Measure G.
Speaker 4: Going interesting questions. So Measure A basically repeals and replaces County Measure H, which was a quarter cent sales tax to raise money for homeless services. And here we are, all of these years later, the mental health and addiction crisis on the streets in Los Angeles is worse than it has ever been. And this Measure A would replace and repeal that by making the sales tax permanent and doubling it from a quarter cent to a half cent. So the question here really is our voters, who historically in La County have been very generous when it comes to taxing themselves to address the homeless crisis, are they going to do it again here? And I think this is going to be a very close call. I've spoken to a lot of folks about this one, and what I consistently here is a high level of frustration with the lack of accountability, the lack of transparency, and overall the lack of success that we have seen so far. I think Prop One on the March ballot was a good test run for this in terms of what the mood of voters is. That's squeaked by I don't know, fifty point one percent to forty nine point nine, and I think Measure A is going to face, even maybe a more difficult hurdle here in La Counter County, voters are fed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think right.
Speaker 3: And I love how honest you are about it, because you have seen your share of homeless problems in your district. Because look, if you're homeless, if you know, if you have two choices, stay downtown LA or go to the beach, everyone goes to the beach.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's right, and it's the literal end of the line as well as a regional gateway. And you know, frankly, we have been so successful with our efforts to clean up the West side of Los Angeles that, frankly, the folks who are left on the streets are folks that are either too unwell or addicted to say yes when hope and services are offered, or they just don't want to go. And so you know, the funding that deals with the mental health and the addiction issues is really important. The policy maker in me says yes, the taxpayer in me says no, okay.
Speaker 3: And I think you're exactly you know, if you take off your city council head, I think you're exactly on page with every taxpayer.
Speaker 2: In the city of Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: When is enough enough, all right, So we'll see how those do tonight, and then what about the DA's race.
Speaker 2: Where do you see that.
Speaker 4: I think Nathan Hawkman is going to prevail in every corner of Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: I speak to victims of crime every day. I hear from businesses who are sick and tired of being broken into I represent constituents who have been the victims and are loved ones of violent crimes, and they are sick and tired of the lawlessness, the chaos George Gascon's failed social experiment, and they are hungry for a district attorney who is going to start holding criminals accountable again. I predict that he is going to win county wide in every community. I think this is just going to be a landslide tonight. And I think it sends a message to elected leaders in Los Angeles that they need to start getting serious about public safety.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Whether they're going to hear that message or not remains to be seen, but I think Nathan Hoffman is one step in the right direction. I am also really excited about Prop thirty six, which is an effort to reform Prop forty seven, one of Gascon's epics failures here in the state of California that has led to the rampant addiction and retail theft crisis because there are no longer any consequences for those kinds of crimes or mandates for people involved in drug related crimes to get treatment. Thirty six fixes that and opens up those pathways to care and accountability.
Speaker 3: I think you're right, Tracy. I know it's a busy night. I we we really appreciate you coming on. Are you heading over to the any either of the DA's celebrations tonight.
Speaker 2: I will be.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to celebrating with our next district Attorney, Nathan Hawkman.
Speaker 2: Excellent. Nice being over the phone, and hopefully we'll talk again soon.
Speaker 4: All right, have a good night, guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Tracy Park the eleventh City, eleventh Council district, which is again mostly the beach, with the exception of Santa Monica. She got the you know, Venez and all the way down down the coast, all the way up to the four oh five. Mo Kelly, keep an eye on which race here.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at it just big picture and it's just not trending well for the Vice President. Kamala Harris if you look at just about all the states, she is either behind or not necessarily in a good enough position to overtake Donald Trump in the competitive states. Looking at Fox News, they've already called Ohio four Donald Trump. So at this point, there's a very very narrow path to victory without getting into all the specifics for Kamala Harris. If she loses Georgia and North Carolina, that pretty much would be it. And if that were to happen, feasibly they could call the election tonight. Sees if that were to happen. But it's going to get a little bit closer, because of course you'll have California, maybe Oregon, and that will make it closer. But you just have to look at each individual state as far as which one that Harris could flip to get back to the states that she would need from the Joe Biden electoral map.
Speaker 3: Right and I'm looking this is remarkable. I'm looking at Arizona right now at thirty six percent reporting six hundred and thirty nine thousand to six hundred and thirty nine thousand and change. That couldn't be any closer. Again, we don't know whether now it just change to thirty eight percent. All right, so we're gonna have Arizona. We'll have numbers for you from Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon as well. Oregon with one percent reporting, so it's not even worth mentioning the numbers there. Colorado has turned bright blue and has been called in on every news station, every cable station for Kamala Harris, but is surrounded by red states, you know, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, and Utah. And so we'll continue here to figure out this thing. I'll be here till eight mo Kelly will take it to at least eleven o'clock. Maybe they'll let be a winner tonight. Maybe there won't be, but Ricky and I on the again. The overall the totals, the national totals right now forty six percent for Kamala Harris and fifty two percent for Donald Trump. Google has it at one oh nine for Harris one ninety eight for Donald Trump. And so Donald Trump really literally needs seventy two more Electoral College votes and he is the next president of the United States. We're live on KFI AM six forty Conway, mo Kelly.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Tim Conway Junior on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 3: It's Conway show. It's actually about Kelly's show. But I'm here atill eight, my old time slot. I like this time slot. I like the old time slot.
Speaker 2: You want to switch? You know what, I wouldn't be a post of that. I wouldn't be a post of that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I thought you liked having time to do stuff with your daughter.
Speaker 3: And look, I thought that if I got home at seven, I'd have, you know, the All American dinner with my wife, my daughter. We talk about the day I go home. My wife's in her office, my daughter's up in her room, and I watched TV.
Speaker 2: No different. It must be all right. Well, keep an eye on the election.
Speaker 3: It is going about the way that everybody predicted it. Everything is way too close to call. You're gonna see California close here. They're going to close up and halt the vote in about forty minutes, and then you're gonna see fifty four electoral votes go towards Kamala Harris. That's gonna get her much closer than she is now. Donald Trump one according to CNM, one seventy eight to ninety one according to Fox Trump two five to Harris one point seventeen and according to Google, one ninety eight for Trump one oh nine for Harris. What states mode, I mean she has to win Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: Then has to win Pennsylvania. In the last update that I saw that she fell behind there. And also when I was doing Spectrum this morning, I was saying, I was also watching the Senate races because that's a statewide race and will give you a sense of how people generally feel about the party. And saw the Senate Bob Casey, the Democratic Senator, is falling behind in Pennsylvania, which says that the Democrats have a problem nationally, have a problem in Pennsylvania, which pretends that there's probably going to be a bad night for them coast to coast. Doesn't mean that necessarily, but it's a bad sign for them before.
Speaker 2: We get to see Gregory.
Speaker 3: You think the really the big last hope is to hold is to flip Congress, Then, yeah, that was.
Speaker 6: About the only thing they really could have had the best shot at. Yeah, you want to win the Oval office, but you definitely want to win the Senate. And the map did not look well for Democrats because there are more defending seats than having the opportunity to flip them.
Speaker 2: If you're defending, all you can do is keep the status quo. At best.
Speaker 6: They were never going to win West Virginia because Joe Manchin had left. They probably weren't going to win Montana because John Tester was running so far behind his opponent.
Speaker 2: So the odds of keeping the Senate were slimming none.
Speaker 6: But if you look at how the other races are going for the Democrats in the Senate, it gives you the sense that nationally the Democrats are not going to do well, and that can impact what happens in the House.
Speaker 2: I see. All right, let's talk to Steve Gregory. He's out keep an eye on the DA's race. Steve Gregory, you're on KFI? How you, Bob? Well?
Speaker 7: How are you this evening?
Speaker 3: I'm doing excellent. Thank you for being so formal, young man. All right, it's good to be here, it's good to be with your show. Give us a scene setter, what do you say, what's happening out there? Are the seven hundred and fifty people mobbing the place?
Speaker 7: Yet the doors don't open till eight, So we're still yeah, exactly, so we're still in sort of prep mode here. People are scurrying about and we've got you know, more workers coming in and catering's being set up now and the food's being placed out on the tables.
Speaker 2: The booze is out ready to get a free booze. Free free food, yep, free food. Look at you.
Speaker 7: Not a mystery while you're out there. No, I actually I had to order my food.
Speaker 2: They had.
Speaker 7: I had to do Uber Eats for my dinner tonight. Yeah, there's no food for us. And it's funny the way we're situated here. We're in this long courtyard right at the intersection of Crescent Drive and just off of Little Santa Monica, and this beautiful, long, narrow courtyard has got you know, these fountains in the middle, and then it's got these flaming torches on the side, you know those space he's outdoor heaters all lined on the outside edges, and then these all these tables with these like decorative center pieces and whatnot. And they're anticipating up to seven hundred, seven hundred and fifty people here. They've even got a honey wagon across the street. For those that don't know that that's Porta Potti's and a nice, nice clean trailer like they use on movie sets. So they're expecting quite a crowd here and a lot of drinkers apparently.
Speaker 3: And what is hawk but expected to show up? Is he going to be their exact day? Eight o'clock.
Speaker 7: We had a chance to speak with him a little after four o'clock this afternoon some of the audio I've been playing on KMFI news, But they said he will probably address the crowd some time between nine and nine thirty. So I don't are you there then?
Speaker 5: If not?
Speaker 7: Mo I didn't know, yeahs live or night? Yeah, so mo I, you know I'll be here for that. And then if you want to bring that live, I can. I can take it to you live on a clean feed on this end, so if you want to do that. But yeah, so it's it'll be interesting to see. They've got monitors set up here now, television monitors, so we're going to watch results as they come in when they put up the feed, and then we should have a pretty good sense where things are at by nine excellent.
Speaker 3: And how many election nights has this been for you at KFI?
Speaker 2: At KFI.
Speaker 7: Probably a dozen to fifteen?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, between presidential ones and the local ones. Yeah, but in my career it's a few hundred least.
Speaker 2: That's why you're here at KFI byre you the best.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just that they couldn't get anywhere else to work late.
Speaker 3: At night, and the free food and free drinks were uh yeah, Like Matt, I.
Speaker 7: Get a partake in that, especially when sharing. When I get a text, can you come on? And I was like, I'm just getting a burger.
Speaker 2: And a barrier.
Speaker 3: I'm just eating, but you ate an hour ago. Yeah, I know, but I'm eating again, but you.
Speaker 2: Ate two hours ago. It's free.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, buddy, I will be listening to it A nine nine thirty when Hawkman speaks, Okay, guys, all right, thanks man, all right, there he goes Steve Gregory out there in Beverly Hills and the DA's race. I've never seen a state react so quickly and in such big numbers to crime, with proposition thirty six and now the possible DA in Los Angeles being thrown out.
Speaker 6: I try to tell people all the time, all politics is local, all economies are local, and all crime is local. It's about how you feel. What I mean by that is, if you don't have a job, be damned. Whatever the rest of the country is or what the unemployment numbers are. Your economy is bad, right, and people vote emotionally.
Speaker 2: I don't say that's wrong. I'm just saying that's the motivation.
Speaker 6: If you feel the economy, you're going to vote regarding the economy. We feel the crime, We're going to vote accordingly and be at the DA, be at propositions, be at law enforcement.
Speaker 2: And you're seeing that play out, I think you're right. We live my wife and I and my daughter. We live on an alley.
Speaker 3: Our house backs up to an alley in Burbank, and three four years ago, I would go out to the alley, you know, take the trash out or pick up trash or whatever, just walk you know, into seven eleven down that alley. Never ever, for a second felt like I was going to get jumped or you know, the homeless guy you know's going to come out and yell at me.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't walk in that alley at night.
Speaker 6: And this is what I think elected officials intentionally deceived us.
Speaker 2: You'll see an elected official and both parties do it.
Speaker 6: But I'm saying, when you talk about California's Democrats, we'll say, well, crime is down. Yeah, statistically, crime may be down, but it's different. You didn't necessarily have to worry about someone just walking into a store and ran secting the place. Did have to worry about someone walking down the street and beating up someone who's elderly. You didn't have to worry about the homeless person on the corner who may have cost you, or you didn't have to worry about someone who's going to get out the car and try to take you or your dog. It's a different type of crime, and all of us can feel it right where we are.
Speaker 3: And the one thing that didn't exist, or if it did, it was a very infrequent level, is these street takeovers too. They're now every single night, but it's also connected.
Speaker 6: You have the street takeover and it may turn into a robbery of a seven eleven.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, exactly. So they're not.
Speaker 6: Discreet as in separated incidents. They are tied together. We are going to continue to give you numbers here.
Speaker 3: Let me give you the latest here with Google, Donald Trump one ninety eight, Kamala Harris one twelve, CNN has it a little closer, Kamala Harris ninety one, Donald Trump won ninety five and Fox has it at two oh five Donald Trump Kamala Harris one. So we'll have all the numbers for you here. They'll continue to come in. Polls close at eight o'clock and we'll have a lot more information for you around the eight o'clock hour. Mo will be here till eleven o'clock tonight, it's mo Kelly Conway.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Tim Conway Junior on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: I am six forty.
Speaker 3: It's Conway Show. MO Kelly is here. I'm splittingt eight o'clock. He'll take you to eleven. But we have some more numbers in for you here, and Mo Kelly's keep an eye on all of them. He does politics better than I think anybody here at the station. And what do you see well, I mean.
Speaker 6: At this point, we're having the Midwestern states which are being called, and not surprisingly, most of them are going to go to Donald Trump as they did go to Donald Trump in twenty twenty and twenty sixteen. Like Fox News is calling Montana for electoral College votes, UT North Dakota three, Utah six, that's not surprising anyone. So that doesn't change the complexion of the race. But it's one less or two fewer opportunities for Kamala Harris to change the trajectory of this race. That's the presidential As far as the Senate goes, it's looking more and more like the Republicans are going to not only take control of the Senate but have some seats to work with, which is real important when you're talking about if it becomes forty seventh President Donald Trump, When you have control of the Senate, just to go civics for a moment, you can then get through all of your appointments. You can get through your federal judges, you can get your Supreme Court justices through if there are any openings which should open up. You can get through a lot of the things that you, as a president would want to get through. Legislation, Yes, you need both houses of Congress, but as far as appointments go, like your cabinet or Attorney General something like that, you want the Senate.
Speaker 2: Excellent, all right.
Speaker 3: Alex Mike is with us from Fox eleven News, taking a break from giving out numbers on Channel eleven, and he joins us, Alex, how you bob bing dong with you.
Speaker 2: What do you hear? You have a lot of resources.
Speaker 3: I know you're you're close with a lot of politicians on both sides.
Speaker 2: What's the word out there?
Speaker 5: Well, I think if if you you'd rather be Donald Trump than be Kamala Harris. Right now, he has it looks like more paths to win. It looks like he's going to win North Carolina and has a real good shot at winning Georgia. And so this is all going to come down to the blue Wall of Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. And you know, if Donald Trump wins any one of them, he's probably the president. He didn't even have to win necessarily Pennsylvania, where right now he's ahead slightly. Although all of these races are really really close. But you don't see an overwhelming rejection of Trump. You see, basically the country is very evenly split.
Speaker 3: You know, we had Tracy park on from La City Council and if I didn't know that it was twenty twenty four, I would have thought it's nineteen seventy four, because even the La City Council members have gotten a message that crime has got to stop in La.
Speaker 5: Well she has, well, she has, but is so is.
Speaker 3: The people voting for DA, and so are the people who are who are rejecting the f the police comments too.
Speaker 5: But there is, but there is still a significant number of Democratic Socialists on the LA City Council who do not have very positive viewing views of the LAPD or of policing itself. Tracy Park is on one side of the LA City Council, but there is a not insignificant other movement on that council as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get that, but I think that the louder voices are the people who are coming out and saying we've had enough.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think that the overwhelming message, most likely from the California numbers, which we haven't gotten yet, but if they're in line with the polls in which I expect that they will be, is basically saying that the city is sick of homelessness, sick of taxation, and sick of crime. And even though many of them will be willing to vote for Democratic people, many of whom created those policies, if it's just a question on the policies themselves, they're willing to vote against them. And that the pendulum is swung in a dramatic way on issues of homelessness and crime because a lot of Democrats, moderate Democrats are simply set up. Tracy Park used that feeling to defeat Mike Bonnan in her race for La City Council, and she brought together a coalition of people who felt that way and has governed that way. But we'll see, you know, going forward, if they're other members of that council that potentially lose their jobs in the years ahead because of that feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's also remarkable.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you read this story because you have your finger on the pulse of what's going on here, not only nationally but state and locally, county and city. It's remarkable that, you know, the Jim McDonald's going to be the next chief of the La Police Department has asked for what looks like a three hundred and fifty thousand dollars raise over the previous chief.
Speaker 5: And they're willing to give it to them.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's remarkable, pretty wild. I mean the city council.
Speaker 3: You know, he has to go to that city council to justify and ask for that kind of money. And three members on that board are in the.
Speaker 5: The police crew, and Jim McDonald will be making more money than the president of the United States.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, a lot more like one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 5: More, which is pretty extraordinary.
Speaker 3: But still, and I know you're going to laugh and deny this much less than what you make.
Speaker 5: I wish that was true. I wish that was true. But that was a dog that was a different dog got him era of media.
Speaker 2: I guess laugh first, then denial got them both. Buddy. I appreciate you coming on. You're going over to the DA's race.
Speaker 3: You're staying in the anchor chair where it's nice and warm.
Speaker 5: I will be at the anchor chair tonight. We have special coverage from ten to eleven thirty with all the local results coming in. We should have some some real numbers by then. I hope people can check it out.
Speaker 3: Remember and used to be hungry and used to go out there and cover news.
Speaker 5: I've been out in the field like four times in the last week. What are you talking?
Speaker 2: You remember that, Alex, the old days, I do.
Speaker 5: I was literally in the field twice two.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 5: I remember yesterday.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you coming on. Okay, thanks man. I don't know why he keeps coming on. All we do is bus this.
Speaker 8: No, not we you. It's you, Jim, not Sharon. You.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll give you that show.
Speaker 2: But I did ask him a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I said, buddy, where is your nearest and be honest with me. Where is your nearest Walmart? And have you ever been there? And he said, I don't know, and I've not been there.
Speaker 2: That's a virtue. If you had an option, would you go to Walmart? I love Walmart. I'm a big fan.
Speaker 6: Where's where's your Walmart? Because the ones okay, they fight in my Walmart? Okay, my Walmart is a disaster. They fight, they steal, the woman checking your receipt at the attitude like a gestapo. And I love all of it. I love it.
Speaker 3: And I go to clearance when I get there because that's if I can buy any cheap crab.
Speaker 6: Oh that's the stuff that's usually on the phone before on the floor because they never clean up the place.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan, But I do wander out to other Walmarts because this one's clo it's small, and it's it's rough.
Speaker 6: You need to go one south of Burbank. Okay, yeah, it's a rough crowd in Burbank. It's like choose your adventure. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: But you know you live.
Speaker 3: Out near what was the original Costco. Yes, the Price Club. It was a prairie not Prairie, I guess it was on Central Centric three. Yeah, yeah, And we used to make a trip from the valley to that that Price Club.
Speaker 2: Do you go by there now?
Speaker 6: They usually have a guy who's in the parking lot who sets up his truck and starts playing drums in the back of this truck all day, all night with the speakers and everything like that. It's loud as hell, usually on a Sunday, right across from the Hollywood Park Casina.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, good times. All right, it's con My mo kelly. We're keeping eye on all the numbers.
Speaker 3: The polls close in California in sixteen minutes, so we'll have some more numbers for you after that and we'll come back.
Speaker 2: We'll give you most keep an eye on.
Speaker 3: All these states, and we'll give you a huge, huge overview from thirty six thousand feet of what's going on with this President's choice.
Speaker 2: It's Conway, mo kelly.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Tim Conway Junior on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: KFI AM at six forty eight Conway.
Speaker 3: Mo Kelly, I'll be here in a lot well another ten minutes. Then I got a press on your stay until eleven o'clock. Yes, Sarah, you and I come from similar dads.
Speaker 2: Both of them loved the racetrack a lot.
Speaker 3: My dad never had the conversation with us about quitting work and coming a full time handicapper.
Speaker 2: Your dad, Yeah, you missed out. That was a good time.
Speaker 3: But you know, my dad sort of did it anyway. He was there three or four days a week.
Speaker 6: The difference is your dad was also very successful in the entertainment business and you had something to fall back on. My father was only a teacher, and he traded being a teacher for that, so there was no other alternative form of income.
Speaker 3: So I'm asking you that because gambling has been a big part of your life has been mine.
Speaker 2: Yes, who would you make a bet on to win this thing?
Speaker 6: As far as president, Oh, all the signs are pointing towards Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: That's just a fact. Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: And if if you think it's gonna have you think it's gonna happen tonight, tomorrow, later this week.
Speaker 6: It could happen tonight if a couple like if Arizona falls for Donald Trump, Arizona and Georgia, and let's say Wisconsin, because those three states will probably be called tonight. If Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin because Wisconsin will break up the blue wall for the Democrats. If that happens, they'll call it tonight. Well, you know, Arizona is an odd state. You know, you have Phoenix and Tucson, but you also have the northern part of that state. I don't remember what the county's called, but there's a northern part of that state that's also very blue. But it's not a city, it's not you know, urban, it's a rural area that happens to be blue. Yes, and Arizon from what I'm looking at I'm looking at Fox News dot Com, it's a dead heat with fifty percent in and Donald Trump is up like two thousand votes, which got that closed there would and that goes.
Speaker 2: Back to what I would say earlier.
Speaker 6: If it's like within one or two percentage points, they'll be a mandatory recount, which would keep from them calling the state, which could impact whether they call the race tonight. So there are still other factors involved as far as whether it would be called tonight or not. And it could be a moot point if Harris were to lose Pennsylvania, for example.
Speaker 3: Right, but you knows what is tightened up in the last even ten minutes or so five minutes is Georgia. Georgia went from you know, fifty three to forty six and now it's at fifty one forty eight and there's really only a difference of one hundred and forty one thousand votes.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's another state.
Speaker 6: If it falls within I think it's a three percent threshold that would be it would trigger a mandatory recount, and that would delay any type of official projection of a winner tonight. Those are the things that people will say, like, why don't they you just call it. Well, there's still state requirements and goes state by state as far as what triggers the recount.
Speaker 3: Almost all evening, Virginia has been in the Donald Trump column and now it has flipped into the Kamala Harris column. And with the thirteen electoral votes, seventy three percent reporting, she's up by nearly sixty thousand votes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's probably northern Virginia coming in, and if you know anything about that area, the dmv DC Maryland Virginia area. You talked about how DC was so heavily democratic, so is northern Virginia, right, So if northern Virginia those returns are coming in, that would skew Harris's way.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of friends who are Democrats. I have a lot of friends who are Republicans. And I'm gonna tomorrow, whoever wins, I'm gonna wake up bummed for my friends that lost, happy for my friends that won, but more depressed from my friends that lost, because I know what losing on a night like this feels like, and it's dreadful, it's horrible.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, I don't suffer from that problem because I always have to maintain a degree of dispassionate analysis, even though the rest of the country looks at this like it's a.
Speaker 2: Sporting event, like it's a super Bowl.
Speaker 6: So my side has to win, your site has to lose, and so I remember what it's like when the Rams lost the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I was heartbroken.
Speaker 6: And for many people they get heartbroken over a presidential race, not me, because it's you have to be dispassionate and almost clinical about it.
Speaker 3: The two positive things if Donald Trump does go on to win here is you know, this will be I don't know, maybe my fourteenth election or so twelve thirteen, fourteenth election, and my life has not changed, but maybe one to one and a half percent, depending on who's in the White House.
Speaker 6: It depends on your voting preferences and what you are actually asking for. If you were hanging on the idea of the reduction in taxes, as Donald Trump did in his first term, that might have helped you in that short amount of time, depending on how your economic life may sure filter out, like for example, during the Great Recession, Obama helped me with this loan forgiveness program and harp and hamp the mortgage programs, which saved a lot of people's houses. It saved my house. I was avent you foreclosure. So it varies by person. And you know, if you can point to something that a president did which personally helps you, God love you. But more times than that.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, And I think unless you work for the government or you're in the military. If you're in the military, it does depend on who's in the wolf of office. Absolutely absolutely, But otherwise it is you know, life is going to go on. That son's going to come up tomorrow, and people are going to live their lives no matter if it's Harris or Trump.
Speaker 6: Well, I try to tell people all the time what is happening right here in California with these different measures and propositions, and if it were a mayoral election, those results would have far more impact on your day to day lives than the presidential election. Now, the presidential election is important because they're going to presumably appoint Supreme Court justices which can reshape the nation for the next thirty forty years.
Speaker 2: But as far as your day to day life, it's your local official.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, all right, Moe Kelly is taking over here. Thanks for letting us stay for an hour on your program, and you'll have it'll be at eleven o'clock. So it's another three hours, Oh my god, another three hours of all the numbers coming in. We're gonna have numbers from Wisconsin that is getting closer to being called with sixty percent of the vote in and then in the next three minutes you're gonna get Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, and the most interesting state to me is Nevada. I am thrilled to see what happens in Nevada. It's been the toughest one to guess a lot of union members there. That's where Donald Trump said he is not going to charge anybody, and he taxes on overtime and no taxes on tips. Yeah, tips and overtime. And that's where that came from. That comment came from Nevada. So we'll see in the next ten minutes how that played with people who live in Nevada. Moe, we'll see tomorrow, and again, thanks for let me hang back. Always a pleasure, all right. Mo Kelly continues here at eleven o'clock with Mark Ronner and his whole team, and we'll have all the results after mo Lee is tonight eleven. You'll hear him first on the wake Up Call with Amy King and then with Bill Handle, Gary and Shannon, and of course you'll probably get an interview with Hawkman with John Coleblt, because John Coleblt, in his support for what probably is the new DA, could literally go out and kill twenty people tonight and the DA would probably just look.
Speaker 2: The other way.
Speaker 3: The gave him a wild amount of support and so he should be very happy with the with the results, and there will be coming in in one minute and twenty eight seconds. I Moke Kelly next and continue here at eleven o'clock on kf I AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Okay, so half of us don't like the numbers, but we're doing this election thing. Can we just get to the suing part now before Christmas?
Speaker 2: K f I and.
Speaker 3: The k ost HD two Los Angeles, Orange County
Speaker 2: Live everywhere on the radio.