Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages. Welcome to another edition of Let's Get Biblical with your host, a man formerly in the world of entertainment as a stand up comedian and actor, now evangelist for Christ.
Speaker 2: Here he is our host, KD. For the music beside my session, give him method. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Guys, welcome to another edition Let's Get Biblical right here on your favorite podcasting platform, whether it's Speaker, Spotify, Apple, iTunes, and more. Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Let's Get Biblical.
Speaker 2: Now. I know what you're thinking.
Speaker 1: You're there here the hippnie hoppity music in the background. This is not very biblical. You may be a believer, non believer, warm believer. Come on in because we're all about that greatest commendment of all that's love lo O v E. And we have a phrase for every believer and non believer around here.
Speaker 2: We dare you. We dare you to come in.
Speaker 1: Start your faith, reignite your faith, acknowledge your faith through the good old testimonies and the Bible e the basic constructions before leaving earth. Man, you know we call the Bible and we're a different type of Bible podcast we really are. I like to take testimonies from my world, your world, and the collective world around us and try to wrap it around the scriptures that have been given to us each and every day right in front of us in a fun, unique way. So again, we're all about testimony transparency definitely on this show. Sometimes I'll shake you like that brother at that table. Sometimes the Lord will shake me as I'm reading the word. Or maybe we'll just be able to transform you through whatever God has to say to you and I Today and again, I want to let you guys know something.
Speaker 2: I don't know everything.
Speaker 1: You got that right, Hey, calm down, mister moviephone over there. You're right, I don't got it all right. I don't know it all, but we're learning together in this podcast is for me as much as it is for you. So let's take a step back now. Last week we started our brand news series.
Speaker 2: Called Bible Breakdown.
Speaker 1: Thank you, mister moviefone for that. We can't afford a you know, a cool drop where.
Speaker 2: It's like Bible Breakdown. We can't do that.
Speaker 1: So mister moviefone over here gives us the vocal stylings that we need to get you ready for today's Bible insert in life lessons. Do it one more time, mister moviefone Bible breakdown, love it, love it. Last week we started it, and today we're gonna be in the Book of Matthew. We were in the Book of Peter last week. I love Peter. He's my favorite disciple. I'm kind of like Peter.
Speaker 2: Go back and check out that episode.
Speaker 1: But in this episode we're gonna talk about Matthew. We're gonna be at the part where Jesus is arrested in the Garden of Josemite. Now to set things up, and if you're following along at home, if you have a Bible, great follow us. If you don't, get a Bible app on your phone, if you're non believer and you're an atheist and you're still sticking around, you feel that pool come in, I know, just continue to follow with us. Here today we're gonna be in chapter twenty six, verses forty seven through fifty six. And now, I know your non believers out there, when you hear all that, you're like, oh, this is gonna take forever.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: We're gonna paraphrase it a little bit today. Okay, we're gonna cliff notes version, but we're gonna hit some keynotes as well. This is why it's imperative for you to have a Bible or maybe just a Bible app on your phone like I do as well. But let's give you a little bit of setup. Okay, let's kind of go back to where we're at. We're in the garden of Josemite, right, They just got ready to have their last supper together as disciples at the table. Judas had already gone to the priests and Sadducees to set up a little bit of a let's call it a roadblock, you know, maybe a setup. Yeah, definitely a setup. Let's call it a setup. We'll keep it like Good Fellas Gangster for us, all right. I told you we're gonna wrap scripture around your world, my world, and the collective world around us. So let's make it like movie for him. Here's Judas. He goes to this Sadducees and Pharisees because they were going to pay him some money to turn his back on Jesus and let them know where Jesus was going to be so they can arrest him. Well, they're sitting at the table Judas and the other disciples along with Jesus, and Jesus says, guys, one of you are going to betray me tonight. One of you are going to stab me in the back now again paraphrasing. Can you imagine if you're the one that did it, if you're Judas, have you ever done this with a friend where you know, oh, they did something wrong and you've.
Speaker 2: Called them right out right.
Speaker 1: You're like Mark or Jony, I know you did this. But Jesus is so Robert de Niro esque sitting at this table of all his disciples, and he's like, one of you will betray me tonight. This just sets in that anxiety, that depression, that dark side inside of Judas, which he had already been feeling once he accepted the money and he walked out of the temple to go back to the garden and have dinner. The disciples are at the table saying, it's not me, it's probably you.
Speaker 2: It's me, it's you.
Speaker 1: Remember, disciples are humans like you and I. They fought, they loved, they argued, and at the table that night, you know they had to have been saying something. And Jesus is like, listen, I need to go out into the garden and pray for the time of the hour is coming for things to happen, based he said paraphrased again, And he just wanted his disciples to pray for him. And when he went into the garden, he came back and saw that his disciples were sleeping, and Jesus showed anger here like he did in the courtyard with the tax collectors in the Bible. He said, are you still sleeping and resting?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 1: The hour has come and the son of Man is delivered into the hands of sinners. Did you hear that he's already prophesizing that these people were coming to take and arrest him.
Speaker 2: Rise, let us go.
Speaker 1: Here comes my betrayer. He even called his betrayer as he walked near him, And it's Judas. Now we get into chapter twenty six, verses forty seven through fifty six. While he was still speaking Judas, one of the twelve arrived with a large armed army that was actually sent from the chief priests and the elders. Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with these men. It would be a kiss on the cheek, by the way, and this would point out who Jesus was and who they were looking for to arrest. Jesus sees Judas, and Judas walks over to Jesus and he looks like he's all excited. Greetings, Rabbi, Greetings rabbi, and then kissed him, and in.
Speaker 2: Verse fifty, Jesus shows grace.
Speaker 1: Jesus replied, do what you came for?
Speaker 2: Friend? Would you do that today?
Speaker 1: This is about grace and faith. Do you have enough grace when something bad is going on in your life, or you've been harmed against to show grace? Maybe someone broke up with you, Maybe you lost a job to a boss you didn't quite like. Would you ever say to that boss? Listen, I understand that the world has to make cuts. Don't let us be a bother to you. I'll be fine. No, what do you say when you're fired? You say things I can't even say on the podcast right now? Okay, because this is a biblical show, All right, that's.
Speaker 2: What you do. We all do it because we're human.
Speaker 1: That light is in a ball inside of us, waiting to burst out. But when we go through anguish and pain wronged by someone, it's hard to show grace. Sometimes and Jesus shows it right here. Chapter twenty six, verse fifty of Matthew, Jesus replied, do what you came for, friend. Then the men step forward and seize Jesus and arrested him. And this is where Peter, this is kind of an extension of last week's show I talked about Peter. Peter Man was the rock for Jesus. I mean, Jesus even called him my rock. Peter loved Jesus so much, but even denied Jesus three times, just like we do. We deny Jesus daily, believer or non believer, we deny him daily, but he's still right there loving us. So Peter at this moment pulls out his sword and cuts an ear off of one of the Roman guards and one of the men that came to arrest Jesus. And in verse fifty two, Jesus has put your sword back in its place, Jesus said to him, for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. So, in other words, in this verse, anytime you show negativity or harm towards someone, what happens harm comes back to you. This wraps right back to verse fifty right there, do what you came for friends showing grace. Then two verses later, here's Peter trying to cut off an ear. He didn't even hear what Jesus said in verse fifty None of us do. When we skip over that verse, we read this as it's a story.
Speaker 2: We don't read it.
Speaker 1: In the context that it has to be. Do what you came for, friend. Then we go to two verses later. Jesus is in an altercation, and he's basically looking at Peter like a big brother. And if he could have took him by his robe and shook him for a moment, he might have and said, put your sword back into its place. Those who live by the sword will die by the sword. How many of us are quick to pull out our swords, our quick wigged tongues, our silver tongues to slash someone down in a heartbeat that have harmed uffs. You may not have a physical sword on you to harm someone, but your words cut like a hot knife through butter. You've heard that phrase right. We have to put our silver tongues away from time to time. We have to bite our tongue and show grace. Verse fifty three. Do you think I cannot call my father? I love this, and he will once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels. But how then would the scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen this way? Bounce back for a minute. Here, he's basically saying, you don't think I can call on my dad to bring my boys from heaven to take care of this situation. Now, that shows the lack of faith that the disciples had. They forgot that everything needed to be prophesied. This moment had to happen. There's something happening in your life right now that has to happen good, bad, or ugly. But you have to find that silver lining by walking with Jesus today in order to figure it out. Jesus is calling you right now saying, walk with me, Walk with me. I'm showing you grace, show others in your life grace today, and I'll show you why this is happening. It's not a punishment that you're going through what you're going through. I don't know what that punishment is today. But right there he even says, don't you think I can't call my dad to come get these people. Remember when we were kids. I'm gonna go get my dad so Jesus is saying, but the disciples even forgot about that. Then he goes on to say, but how would the scriptures be fulfilled? You hear that phrase, if you're a believer, non believer, this has to happen. We have to go through these things in life in order to learn right. You've heard that phrase before. Well, here it is biblically. But how then would the scriptures be fulfilled?
Speaker 2: That say?
Speaker 1: It must happen in this way? In that hour, Jesus said to the court, am I leading a rebellion, that you have to come out with swords and clubs to capture me. Every day I sat at the temple courts teaching, and you did not arrest me. You had your opportunity, he said, right then and there. But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled. They could have arrested him at any time. They could have took him anytime they wanted to. But this moment in time happened for a reason. To put forth all the things you're going to see later. When he was beaten, spit upon, killed, put on a cross for our sins. This moment had to happen, this minuscule moment, this arrest had to happen. So Katie, what does that have to do with me today? I want you to have faith enough that something is happening in your life today for something that is to come. It's hard to see the future when we're dwelling so much in the present and allowing the opposition to put these rocks of anxiety and depression on us, and anger and hurt and just keeps dumping these rocks on us to make us feel heavy to the point where we can't come out of that grave. No, this is your opportunity. This is your opportunity to call upon the Lord and say, Lord, this had to happen, show me why it had to happen, and please give me the strength to get out of it. And he will, he will. He believes in you that much, just like Peter. Peter denied him three times. Peter cut a Roman ear off right, then Jesus went and healed that that Roman guard. Let's stop there for a minute. Jesus went over and fixed the guy's ear. All of those men could have let Jesus go, because they all could have followed Jesus and believed in everything they saw because of that miracle, but they didn't. The moment had to happen. A death in your family had to happen. A death of a baby had to happen. You putting a needle in your arm had to happen. Me going through what I went through, drugs and rocket roll in entertainment and losing my first wife and having a rickety relationship with with my elder son had to happen. So my current generation of sons and hopefully my grandson see I even said hope, I should have the faith enough to know that Jesus Christ himself will pull my eldest son and his family out of obscurity to follow the Lord. But guess what, I'm human those words slip and say hope. I know my youngest sons are out of it because they're following Jesus. I don't know my other son's walk. I don't know my grandson's walk. All I can do is be a light and have that faith and grace that Jesus showed everybody in his arrest. In the final line of this verse, where Jesus is being arrested, Jesus says, or Jesus doesn't say it ends with then all the disciples deserted him and fled. Oh, I want that to set in for a minute. So let's cliff notes version it. He was stabbed in the back, he showed grace. There was anger, he showed grace again.
Speaker 2: He showed that this had to happen.
Speaker 1: He showed faith right there. He even showed everybody, you could have arrested me at any time. You could have killed me at any time. You could have followed me at any time, but you chose not to. But it had to happen for a reason. And then all the disciples anyway deserted him and fled. We do this daily, ladies and gentlemen, constantly. We do this daily where we just go ahead and we abandon Jesus. We abandon him even when he does all this great stuff, and it seems like we have lack of faith. Right we're human.
Speaker 2: He knows that.
Speaker 1: He just wants us to continue to come to him and show this love love toward him. That's what he wants to see. And this is your opportunity right now. How he showed grace. He wants you to show grace on that situation in your life that may be holding you down. Maybe grace to yourself. I don't always show myself grace. So this is your opportunity right now.
Speaker 2: To show grace.
Speaker 1: Faith man, faith, to know that something had to happen, so you can come out on the other side of it, stronger, deeper, and more advance than you'll ever be by just following Jesus. He's telling us this there and the disciple still left him. We'll all fault right there, Romans, we all fall short of the glory of God. We love saying it here on the show. That's another verse in the Bible, from the Book of Romans that is the biggest will fall short moment right there. We'll see in the Book of Matthew, then all the disciples deserted him and fled. Don't desert him today. For those of you that are still here, thank you for hanging out with us. This is your opportunity right now to really start a new relationship with Christ.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: It's really your opportunity, your moment to start things with the Lord.
Speaker 2: And how do you do that? Well, have you ever prayed? Oh? Oh the p r A y word.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't, Katie. Well, this is your chance. I'll help you. All you have to do is close your eyes and repeat after me. He just wants your heart. He knows what you want to say. He knows what you're gonna say. I know what you're thinking. Then why all, Well, my wife may know I love her, but I need to tell her I love her to grow the relationship. Jesus is doing the same thing right now, knocking on your door constantly saying I'm here. I'm not leaving. I'm gonna camp right out on this door till you open up and say come on in. And this is that come on in moment. So just repeat after me if you want more faith, more grace, more power, more love, more understanding in your life, just like Matthew Chapter twenty six, Verses forty seven through fifty six, that Jesus showed, this is your time. Dear God, repeat after me. Dear God, I come to you in the precious name of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Thank you Lord for this day, Thank you for new life.
Speaker 2: Dear Lord.
Speaker 1: I can't do this on my own anymore. I fall short of the glory of God daily.
Speaker 2: But I believe in you.
Speaker 1: I believe that you were born, that you rose. You also died for our sins, and that you rose on that third day for your victory and mine. Dear Lord, make me new cleanse me of my sins right now, Walk with me and allow me to walk with you until my end of days. Make me your personal Lord and Savior. We love you, Lord, I love you Lord, and we pray in the precious name of Jesus.
Speaker 2: Amen. It's called the Romans Road.
Speaker 1: Look it up, pray it to him, Talk to him. But if you just said all that, welcome to the Kingdom, what do I do nar next? Well, get your nose in that Bible. Guys, we'll see on the flip side for another Bible breakdown next week.
Speaker 2: God bless y'all and take care.