Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now, here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, one more hour to go here on a Wednesday afternoon. Hopefully everybody is having a good hump day, and I'm glad you're with us. It's coffee and company fuelbouth Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven to ninety two hours in one more to go. If you are just now joining us, as you could expect, it isn't something that I wish we were discussing, but it is. You know, it's part of the job, and I gotta be real. I gotta be honest with you. Kentucky winning last night sucked. I give my son a lot of credit because he you know, he saw it coming. And I don't know if it really was due to him being that that upset that Kentucky was gonna win the boot Cats what he calls him, but once it kind of looked like they were in a good position and he was up already way past his bedtime watching with dad and we were big Duke Blue Devils last night. That's I mean, my son's going to be a hater just like me and hopefully make me proud. But we didn't even have to say anything. We could both kind of tell you, yeah, it looks like they're gonna win this thing. And he's sitting with me in the recliner. He looks up and says, I think I'm gonna go lay with mommy in bed. And I was like, all right, son, I get it might have been because he was tired, or maybe because like you know, he's smarter than me. I probably should have turned it off so I didn't have to see it finish. But you know, I knew going in that they could win, and I kind of felt like they would win. I talked about that a lot yesterday, just because early on in the year. The way Kentucky is built is more beneficial at this stage of the season than it is to be reliant on super young, talented freshmen. Now, I could have easily gone the other way, but that doesn't mean Kentucky doesn't deserve a lot of credit. Did Duke struggle because of their veteran Their veteran guard got hurt and didn't come back. Yeah, the giant that Duke has that I really don't know much about. I mean, I honestly I mean, I knew they had a loaded freshman class because John Shire has probably never had a freshman say no to him. I mean, has he ever missed on a recruit since he's been there. I'm sure he has. I say that sarcastically, but I feel like he gets anybody he wants. Just is effective or maybe even more effective than Coach k was doing it before he hung it up. But Ma Locke, I think that's how you say it. I mean he was, he was good, impacted the game in a major way. He was cramping up, couldn't play. So yeah, A lot of Louisville fans on the text line mentioning that as a factor, and you're not wrong, but it really doesn't. I mean, I mean, Kentucky can't control that. And even if those guys would have fout, would have been able to play without either being pulled in and out because of cramps like the Big Fella, or leaving and not coming back like James the transfer from Tulane. I mean, Kentucky still. I mean, it was a close game throughout. I think the lead got up to what twelve at one point, maybe, but not for long. It was a game throughout and Kentucky did exactly what Louisville fans wanted to see their team do on Saturday against Tennessee. And you know it, anytime Kentucky takes the floor of your Louisville fan, you'd prefer them to lose, because again, they're the rival It's how it works. Some people are way more into it than others, and I get that. But to know that you had a similar test just three days before they did and you didn't get a good grade, you didn't pass, and they did, I mean, it's it's it's tough because look, the rivalry resetting with two new coaches has made it to where you mean, again, Kentucky hopefully, I'm sure they're hopeful that the rivalry resetting with new eras taking place at the same time, it doesn't change the fact that they're they're gonna be on top. But for Louisville, it gives you a chance to say, hey, Caliperry. As much as he would lose in recent years to nobody's in the tournament, man, one thing he did pretty consistently.
Speaker 3: He beat Louisville. He was good at that.
Speaker 2: And I still feel like when it comes to the teams that are going to be put together by Pope and the teams that you saw put together by Calipari. If you're a Louisville and you're wondering, Okay, what gives us the best chance to win, I'd still say that it is Pope because there were times during the Cali era where you just knew, if they're on and those guys are playing well, you know, the four or five draft picks they've got on their team annually, it's gonna be tough to beat them because they're just loaded. Like people can act like at times, Here's the truth. Louisville has had games where they just were they were tight, and they were not ready for the moment. They were aware of how big it would be to the fans and their coach, and they didn't play well. Patino, I think he was too tight at times, he overthought the matchup. But the reality is this the biggest factor in why Kentucky and the Caliperi era really owned the rivalry is because they just had better players, more talented players.
Speaker 3: Not every year.
Speaker 2: I mean Louisville did win some, but not not nearly as much as they did. So you know, maybe in a month when these two teams do play, Louisville does beat them. I mean, it could happen, but given what we've seen from both sides this early on in the season, I mean, I don't need to say it. We all know the way it looked. And Kentucky I said it yesterday. If they won, they were going to be really obnoxious in a way that you know, we haven't heard them in a long time. And I'm sure if you work with them, and maybe you're going back and forth every day at your job, or maybe it's a family member, it's an in law, you know what I'm talking about. I'm sure there are many people listening right now that are on one side of the rivalry or the other side. And when you think of the rival you probably have somebody in your life. Maybe it's a close for and maybe it's a loved one, or maybe it's somebody you hate. I don't know, but like you know, you want to avoid them when it doesn't go your way in the rivalry, and you can't wait to see them if if it does go your way.
Speaker 3: It's just how it works and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Speaker 2: So you know they're they're they're probably on a new level of obnoxiousness. But I'd say part of that obnoxiousness is because they're winning the breakup.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 2: It was a breakup, it was mutually beneficial for both sides. But I would say, and like a lot of breakups, you're gonna be keeping tabs on the how the ax is doing in their new life and their new pursuit. And you know, Cal is, no, he's not doing terrible. Maybe they end up being really good this year. But in the very early stages of this season, Kentucky has made a statement. And Cal had one game against a good team and lost in that team that you know, I think is good. Baylor's a good team, but they were coming off a fifty point beat down Tiggnzaga earlier in the week. So so far, Kentucky's got the lead in the breakup and I really don't see that changing. I wish I could say otherwise, because I'm not like a Caliperry fan, but like now that he's not coaching Kentucky, like I don't care. If Arkansas is good and in fact it ribs Kentucky fans, then hell yeah, let's go Cal.
Speaker 3: Like I don't care. I'm Petty. That's what this is.
Speaker 2: Let's not act holier than now. But I don't believe Cow's gonna do well there. He's not going to be terrible, But like I think he'll probably have, you know, top six seven type teams at Arkansas in the SEC. He'll have some years where maybe he's better than that, or maybe eleve a year where they're like a bubble team, because the ceiling in Arkansas is not as high for him as it was in Kentucky, and the floor is lower there than it was at Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Now again, I mean.
Speaker 2: The early upsets were exactly what you don't want, losing to Saint Peter's in Oakland. But in those years, you were playing those teams in the first round because you had really good regular seasons, and that's part of the story obviously, but you know, it makes it even worse when you lose to those teams. So again I think I stand by that. Maybe I'm wrong and Tom will tell if I'm right or wrong here, but I think the ceiling is not as high and the floor is a lot lower actually at Arkansas, and the chances of him really going down to Fayetteville and just you know, being the guy he was in his first five years in Lexington. The only scenario that was going to happen would be if he reinvented himself. He no longer was the stubborn guy who just wanted to, you know, do it his way so he could ultimately have the I told you so, how you like me?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: You said I couldn't win this way. You said we needed to recruit more Kentucky kids. You wanted me to get more shooters. You know, we did it my way, dribble drive like he wanted, he wanted, and he was going to die trying to prove you all wrong. I thought maybe he'd go to go to Arkansas and that would give him the ability to reinvent himself and finally make those changes. And because he's at a new place, it wouldn't be him saying he was wrong.
Speaker 3: They were right.
Speaker 2: But he's given us many examples in his early tenure there at Arkansas. He's the same dude. He's going to play the same style. He's going to be stubborn, and he's not going to have great strategy out there at times, he's just going to rely on talent to win out and sometimes that works. But sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes when you're relying on just a lot of young talent, you can lose to Saint Peter's and Oakland because talent doesn't always matter. And like last night, Duke had more talent to Kentucky. Even they would acknowledge that if they're being real, but that doesn't always matter. And Kentucky used to have to resort to playing the talent game, right, like, look at all these draft picks we got, look at these five stars we got, and I think they could slowly start to see that, Yeah, it's actually a self owned not a cell phone you know that you use to call somebody, but a self owned If you don't know what I mean, like that is you not realizing you're actually leading people to to to a joke at your expense, Like cal bragging about all these NBA guys in twenty twenty four is just an invitation for people to realize, Wait a second, he's had that many guys in the NBA, Well damn, why a Final four in a decade?
Speaker 3: Geez?
Speaker 2: So Kentucky could kind of see that playing out, but that's their guy. They were gonna support him, and now you know he's gone. He left and Pope's doing it completely different. And as of now, in the early stages of these two new eras, Pope's got it working. I mean, he's only been tested by one team and they passed. So I'm jealous if you can't tell.
Speaker 3: But on the.
Speaker 2: Louisville side, I do believe that Louisville will be much better than what we saw against Tennessee when they play other good teams. I mean, I don't know that for certain, but I believe they will. And that's when we're really gonna that's when we're gonna get a better idea of what expectations should be in year one. I will stand by what I said, since the roster has put together before we saw anybody in action, before we poor these guys got the campus. I still think you have the pieces to be a good team, good enough team to make the tournament. Now will it happen, I don't know, but Tennessee loss didn't change that for me as far as that being kind of the bar as far as where I'm at make the tournament. If you go to the Bahamas and it's a bunch of butt whoopings, then we got to then we'll probably have to reset that. But the next two games for Louisville, they're probably going to be able to do what they want to do and do it well and win by a lot against Bellerman and Winthrop next week. But when they get to the Bahamas and you get Indiana, who does have a big physical presence, bollow just like Tennessee did in their front court, and clearly Indiana can look at what Tennessee did and say, Okay, we're not going to reinvent ourselves, We're not going to change our identity, but man, we got something we can work with here that we know will work to kind of stop Louisville from being effective offensively. So I'm sure they're going to implement some of that, and I hope at that point Louisville has an answer and they don't find themselves in the position that they were in on Saturday, where you've got a bunch of guys out there realizing, oh, this is the first time we're not able to really dictate this thing as far as style pace. They're back in half court, eliminating anything for any eliminating any opportunity for us to get something quick or and train position even and now we got to just go beat our guys one on one, and you didn't have the guys that could do that. Now again, Tennessee, I'm hoping they were a bigger factor in that than Louisville, but only time will tell. And I'm glad two people mentioned this on the text line when we were talking hoops earlier in the.
Speaker 3: Four o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: Tennessee made a lot of really tough shots that I feel like Louisville defended pretty well. That's not to say every shot they made or every bucket they got was hard earned, but some of them were, like especially the ones that killed any chance of Louisville gaining momentum and potentially going on a big run to get back in the game. I mean that dagger from Ziggler when the shot clock ran out when Louisville I think it just cut it to single digits early on in the second half. That was a killer, and they did that multiple times. But that's the one that stood out to me more than anything. So look with Pat Kelcey, and it makes total sense when you're at the level mid major, right, Winthrop and Charleston, the majority of the teams, not all of them, but the majority of the teams are working with the similar level of talent, right, A lot of three stars and two stars. There's a lot more of those guys than there are high majors, four stars, five stars. And that's why you know, what ninety percent of the division IE level of college basketball maybe maybe closer to eighty I guess that's mid major or lower. So when you have, you know, kind of an even level as far as talent for the most part, I mean, clearly, there's gonna be some guys that you can tell are better than most in your conference and even on your team. But it's not just you're not going to be able to just say, Okay, we've got substantially better players one through five than everybody in the Colonial Athletic Association then everybody in the Sun Belt Conference. So you can put a system in place and know that if I continue to bring in this level of a player that maybe isn't a four star, maybe doesn't have you know, McDonald's all American athleticism, but hey, he can do this, and he can do that. I can plug him in and he can execute what we need to do at that role, and we'll and we'll make it work. That makes sense to do it at that level you're at Louisville. There's gonna be teams that have talent they can just simply dictate if you're gonna be able to get into what you want.
Speaker 3: To get into.
Speaker 2: So what Pat Kelsey I'm hoping right now in practice is trying to figure out what does he have to work with offensively? What ingredients can he put out there as far as a lineup to where you can run some stuff in the half court to really get a high percentage. Look right, something that's gonna get you consistently at the free throw line, or something that you're gonna run to get somebody coming off. And look, they run action for some guys in the half court. Trust me, they do that. But you know, I don't think they need to reinvent themselves or change their identity or start over and you know, start from scratch, not at all. And they would never do that, Nobody would expect him to. But there's just gonna be times where you're in a similar situation to where you weren't able to dictate it, and you've got to figure out, you know, what you're gonna do to counter what the other teams doing defensively, and I think that there's enough when it comes to peace and you know, talent, there's some guys that have some legitimate strengths and skills that you can exploit on the other end. But figuring it out individually and then figuring out how it all comes together, that's that's a process that you know, I would hope that they're trying to figure out, but you really won't know what's going to work and what's not until you find yourself against a really good team and unfortunately, or maybe you can say fortunately, if you want to quickly see if they're getting better. They play a lot of really good teams from now until the end of this year. And I don't mean the season, I mean the calendar year. So we'll find out when they get to the Bahamas. And this text came in earlier. Again, I'm kind of refreshing here on the text line five OO two six five three zero seven nineties the number if you guys want to text in on the Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line. But this says Nick, correct me if I'm wrong. The two teams are similar as far as how they want to play. But man, I feel like Kentucky's players just have better talent. Yeah, I mean I can't really say that I disagree at this point. Now, I don't think it's a mungous gap. But two things. One, we have an extremely limited amount of data to really assess that right now, because what was done against Bucknell and Wright State and Morehead State. I mean, those those were impressive performances a boy, both teams in those blowouts. But you're not really learning a whole lot. So we really just have one game where you saw two teams. You saw the two local teams here play good teams, and clearly Kentucky looked like they had better talent than Louis and they probably do deep down. But as far as how big that gap is, we'll find out soon enough. Like Andrew Carr, you know, he's a really good back to the basket player for Kentucky that that you know, was a good ACC player.
Speaker 3: What I put.
Speaker 2: Him ahead of case in pryor Night in and Night Out, I don't know. I think actually, despite being similar in size and position, they're they their strengths are totally different. You know, I thought Jackson Robinson was a guy that might have maybe the most NBA talent NBA upside between the two rosters Louisll and Kentucky. Last night, he looked like, you know, he was just out there hiding. I mean, he didn't do with anything. He played twenty seven minutes and did not produce anything at all, just taking up one of the five spots that you have to have filled on the floor. So again, we're going to continue to probably assess it every day, and that's what we do around here. But when we really get a feel for that loss to Tennessee, was it more about Tennessee or more about Louisville. The next chance to kind of you know, reset that and see how we feel will be when they play Indiana in the Battle for Atlantis, which again is not too far from now. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. The committee, they made it clear that one loss big ten teams with you know, no resume to speak of, they're getting the benefit of the doubt over SEC teams that have two losses. But outside of those two losses, they also have really good wins that some of these Big ten teams don't have. So I don't know, hard for me to say the committee got it wrong or right, because again it's you really know that at the end, but a lot of question marks surrounding some of these rankings as far as where teams came in, So we'll talk about that next.
Speaker 3: Right here, it's Coffee and Company. We are.
Speaker 1: Now back to Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine.
Speaker 3: Day good stuff.
Speaker 2: It's one of those instances where I'm actually happy we don't have a live video stream simulcast of the show. I mean, I'd like to do that, but I heart won't let me, and I understand why. But if I was on video there, it would have been really embarrassing because I don't know what you would call what I was just doing there. In my mind, I was dancing. I was, you know, trying to find some rhythm that doesn't exist within this frame of on. But if people just turned on, you know, maybe we were on a television station, or maybe we were just on a stream on YouTube or Facebook or whatever, people just like tuned in and saw what I was doing, they probably would think I was having a medical emergency, because that wasn't that wasn't dancing. But you know, sometimes the sometimes the you know, you just can't help it. Music will bring certain things out of you. Yeah, and I don't know what you just play, but those were good vibes, something about like early mid two thousands dance music. It's just always gets me kind of hype, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, good era, no doubt. Yeah absolutely. I'm not a dancer either.
Speaker 4: It's it's always when I see people actually like that have rhythm and like know what they're doing. I can, I can jiggy a little bit, you know, I can run back and forth.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like Fat Joe said, we we don't need to just pull up our pants the rock away.
Speaker 2: You know, is that Fed Joe who has the line about gangs just don't dance with boogie or is that a different song.
Speaker 4: I have Gangsters don't dance, We just pus And that's a good song by the way, too, it's great stuff.
Speaker 3: I can't make you play that next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could possibly do that. That's a good one. Probably see me Dan listen. I couldn't cut a rug even if I had a giant pair of scissors, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Do you know who I could see being like just with and I know a lot of people listening don't don't know the company man personally, and a lot of people listening don't know any of us personally. But you know, you probably don't know what John looks like unless you're a stalker and went and looked him up on Twitter or Facebook. And if so, I'm sure you like what you saw. He's a handsome young man. Sure, and that's right, And congrats on the sex.
Speaker 3: John.
Speaker 2: He just announced that he's having a baby. He's I mean, he's not having the baby. His wife is you know what works four? Yeah, so it's true.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 2: But John, the company man himself, I could just see like if this scenario played out, I wouldn't be as shocked as some of you might think.
Speaker 3: Who know John?
Speaker 2: And what I'm going to say is this, Let's just say we're at a company function. Let's say they bring the Christmas party back here to iHeart. Oh they took it away a long time ago. But let's say they brought it back and we're at you know, some some establishment where we've we've rented it out. We got a DJ in there, our own DJ, of course, because that's what we do. We bring the vibes with music and of course spoken word like our talk station here. But and you know, you're seeing people out there dance and maybe, you know, maybe Tony Venetti's showing us what it looked like when he was at Toy Tiger in the nineties. Maybe maybe Terry's he's more of a ballroom dancer. I don't know, Like, ma, I don't are you never like things that wouldn't really shock you. But I could see, you know, going in like now, there's no way John is out there dancing. That's just not really his bag. It's not really his personality. But what if he went out there and he was the best dancer on the team in our company, no doubt. Like again, the initial shock would be there, but then you're like, you know what, he's a sneaky son of but you know what, like he of course he's had that in his bag the whole time and didn't tell us. Of course he's a phenomenal dancer. I could be wrong, but you know.
Speaker 4: You're just looking like Fred Astaire and Slash Chris Brown out there.
Speaker 2: That's quite the mix there, Like, I don't know if he'd live up to that, but again, maybe he's a special guy.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So college football playoff rankings came out last night and the updated top five Oregon number one, undefeated of course, Ohio State number two at eight and one, Texas at eight and one at number three, Penn State at eight and one, number four. Five is Indiana coming in in the top five for the first time. They were undefeated at ten and oh After them, it's byu at nine and zero, and then rounding out the top ten, you've got eight and one, Tennessee at number seven, Notre Dame eight and one at number eight. Miami falls of course, they took their first loss of the season against Georgia Tech. They're now nine to one. They fall from number four to number nine, and then Alabama comes in at number ten. Your first two loss team ranked is the Alabama Crimson Tide. So I don't really like looking at that and seeing how it's laid out. Nothing jumps out at me as far as like wow, can you believe they did this or did that? But if you really consider just the facts here, this is where I feel like the benefit of the doubt because when I you know, the reason I keep bringing up benefit of the doubt is because you have to decide based off of just your opinion and what you think knowing you can't prove it, Knowing you can't pull a metric or a fact that that justifies it where everybody understands and agrees. It's just that's not possible. So one of the things that the committee can do that I think would actually, you know, it wouldn't. It wouldn't minimize the complaining and the griping, but it would just be people realize, like when they come on and I say they because it's not the same person every year. This year, I think it's Ward Manual, who's the ad of Michigan. He's the he's the spokesperson for the committee. He talks after each of these rankings are unveiled every Tuesday and tries in his best way to justify what they're deciding to do. But if he just you know, mentioned he can continue to mention what he mentions, but always emphasize after you say how you got there, emphasize, this is what we believe, this is what we think. Because it's gonna come down too strictly you using your eyeballs and just assuming that this team is better than that team. There's no way of knowing, Like there's no perfect science to it, and that's not I don't say that to defend the committee because I still think at times they make decisions that are kind of, you know, a head scratcher. But if they just tell us, among the many factors they take into consideration, one of the factors is just simply their opinion, and their opinion matters when nobody else does. That's just how it works. Like everybody wants justification based off of some flawless process that doesn't exist. They just collectively have to decide where to slot certain teams and it's based off of their opinion, not any proof. Another thing that they could do that I don't think they're doing, is they could they like I don't maybe they don't realize this or maybe they're just you know, trying to do it more so, you know, ethically and not because they can rank whoever they want wherever they want, from you know, one through I don't know, twelve, Like you can give us the top twelve, maybe the top fifteen, and then you can rank everybody else in whatever order. Justifies why teams one through twelve or fifteen rank where they are. And they don't do that, you know what I'm saying, Like you can justify, well, we have this team here because they beat number nine. Well they're number nine only because you say so, Like you have the ability to put the puzzle together to an extent and then piece it together the rest of the way to where people are still going to complain about it. But like, you know, I just I don't think that they There's no perfect way to do it. You could put the most respected college football minds on a committee. You know, they aren't ads and principles and chancellors at schools, and they'd still get criticized for what they're doing. There's no perfect way to do it. But the committee I think at times doesn't help themselves as far as as far as you know, make it clear that like maybe these aren't the best people to make this decision. Like the fact that they're all sent iPads to watch compressed and condensed versions of games gives you the indication that they're not even watching college football other than their team in the school they work for, which I feel like that shouldn't be somebody that's on a committee. But you know what, they have really important jobs. We're talking about presidents and athletic directors at big time universities. They don't have time to sit on their couch and watch football all hours of the.
Speaker 3: Day like some of us do.
Speaker 2: So again, they're in position within college sports to where it makes sense that they're there, but also, you know, maybe put somebody in that spot that you do trust is truly objective that that's the only thing they're doing. The only thing they're doing is watching college football to get a better feel for who's good, who's not, who belongs to where. It's just like the NAA tournament. I rag on Joelnardi all the time because you know, one, he's wrong a lot. However, he's been pretty good in recent years. I'll give him that. Also though ESPA and makes you think that he has a factor and who gets in the tournament when he doesn't. I mean, the ACC had Joelnardi come and talk to the basketball coaches in the league at the spring meetings to give them a better understanding of how they can get more teams in the tournament, which is so stupid. Joelnardi does not decide he does have any involvement in he say so at all and who makes the tournament. But because he's in your face every night on ESPN, people think that it's really insane to me that like nobody ever just thinks, well, okay, cool, that he's got a bracket, but it's not the real one and he doesn't have any say so. So again, as much as it sounds like I just crapped on Lonardi, he's probably a better guided to give us a bracket then you know, the dean of admissions at Rutgers, And I'm sure that's not somebody that's actually on the But again, we're talking about people who not to say that they don't have the mental capacity and they're not smart enough, but they're doing a lot of other stuff. How about somebody who literally that's their only job is to continuously assess the field and determine who gets in. But anyways, that that's my rant for the day. But here are some things that just, you know, I understand why there's a lot of criticism for when it comes to these updated rankings. One lost Penn State is ranked number four ahead of number five Indiana.
Speaker 3: Who's undefeated.
Speaker 2: Those two Big ten teams have let's see, they have as many top twenty five wins. Indiana and Penn State have as many top twenty five wins as I do, and I don't play football. I'm not a football team. Now that's not their fault, but like you're giving them the benefit of the doubt. There's nothing on your resume, Penn State or Indiana that says they are worthy of being where they are, So again, you're just having that you're guessing. I mean, there are let's see here three two loss SEC teams Alabama, Georgia, and Ole Miss And there's several spots behind those teams that just mentioned, and I mean, let's see trying to pull up the actual number here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Against current top twenty five teams, Alabama is four and one, George's two and two, Ole Misses two and one. So all those teams, again, they have either a loss or two losses, which is either one or two more than Indiana and Penn State. But they also have wins that prove something that have real value. And I'm not saying that the committee should should take Penn State in Indiana and put them outside the top ten and just you know, pimp out the SEC. But I'd be a liar also if I told you that I feel like those wins that Alabama has again, Alabama's four and one, against the top twenty five. George is two and two. Like again, losses are a factor, but you can't have no losses or one loss and no wins to speak of and be sitting comfortable in the top five.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess you can. Again, the committee did it, but I again I don't. I'm not. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Advocate for the SEC because you know the hell of them. But I'm not going to lie to you and act like I think Penn State and Indiana are definitively better five spots better than some of these. You know, some of these SEC teams. And here's where the here's where the committee is inconsistent. And I'm just giving you some things that you know. Some would say it's nitpicking, but if you really think about it, I don't think it's nippicking. It's legitimately a question like how did you come up with this? Texas they're ranked number three and they have one loss. By the way, they're not undefeated. Texas is number three with one loss to Georgia, which is not a bad loss, but you did lose at home. But you know how many victories against the top twenty five. Texas has.
Speaker 3: None?
Speaker 2: None Texas. Their best win is among these teams five and five, Michigan, six and four, Vandy six and three, Colorado State, five and four Louisiana Monroe. So why did Texas get the benefit of the day with one loss and no wins to speak of? But you know Ole Miss didn't, Alabama really didn't. And I know they have two losses, but like a two loss Bama has a much better resume than a one loss Texas. So again, there's no perfect way to do it. Sometimes you're just gonna have to acknowledge this is what we feel, but be ready to try to justify that when asked. And I don't know how you can justify why Texas got the benefit of the doubt at this point and the others didn't. So again, I know it'll all work itself out, and at that point, you know it's gonna be quite clear who belonged in and who didn't. There probably will be a couple teams left out that feel like they got screwed, but one that probably won't be the reality of the situation. And either way, you know it's there's always gonna be some teams left out that just don't make it. They don't put everybody in. They only put twelve in. Now, all right, let's talk about blue Choo, ladies and gentlemen, shall we. Blue Choo is a unique online service that can give you a pill that is a chewable delay tablet that has the same active ingredients as viagrant Cialis, but at a fraction of the cost. And when you think viagran and Cialis, I would say for years, you probably just assume, well, that's somebody who has to have that or they're not able to perform for their partner. And that is the case, but not everybody. You can have no problem when it comes to being able to get the job done. But why wouldn't you want to do the best job you can. Well, Bluechoo can give you a better experience. It can enhance your performance. And fellas if you're somebody who you know wants to potentially perform more, you want to get more play in time, you want to get more reps. You perform better, you get more opportunities. That's life, baby, that's how it works. So if you're utilizing blue Shoe to enhance your performance and you're you know you're performing well, you're gonna get more opportunities, I would imagine. So it's a no brainer. Fellas, don't just think about hey having to have it.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 2: I want to have it because I want to be better. I want it to be a better experience all the way around. So Blue Choo is an It's entirely online, so you don't have to call the doctor, you don't even have to you don't have to go see anybody, No, no awkward conversations. You don't have to go to the pharmacy and pick up pills. They deliver right to your door, made right here in the USA, and they believe in their products so much. Blue Choo's going to let you try it for absolutely free. All you have to do is pay five bucks shipping, So you're getting the product for free. Just got to pay to get it there, and it's only five bucks, and with that you get a month, one month. I don't knowh I'm gonting so worked up. I'm just so excited. I'm so passionate. I think I took a Blue Cheo before the show and forgot about it because I'm ready to go. But you can get it for free, just five bucks shipping if you go to Blue Choo dot Com promo code Nick seven ninety Again blue Choo dot Com promo code Nick seven ninety one month free just pay five bucks shipping Blue Choo. Chew it in, do it quick break. We'll come back on the other side and wrap this thing up. It's Coffee and Company where fuel by Thornton's and Blue Choo right.
Speaker 1: Here now back to Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's. On Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: We did avoid the name Chucky just because it didn't fit, but the story made it to where I wish it would have fit. Because Austin Montgomery's is producing this afternoon and he's he's the man responsible for the great tunes you've been listening to throughout the three hour show we have here to you. But he worked at Chuck E Cheese as at in a variety of roles, right one of them. At times you had to put on the chucky outfit, right mm hm yeah. So like if you look like a chucky and it in it and it fit and it hit, then it would be great. But it just felt forced. So therefore we're just we're calling the we're calling the Austin Montgomery that's legal that's what your daddy, your mama calls you. That's what I'm gonna call you. However, I think DJ Chucky Cheese on the ones and twos could be that could go like, that might work. Yeah, maybe maybe you have, like, you know, two different identities.
Speaker 3: I missed Chuck E Cheese. Dude, Chucky Cheese. I'm gonna say it. Love the pizza. Great, great food.
Speaker 2: Everybody thinks about everything that comes with it, but the pizza is really good. So shout out to a shout out to Chuck E Cheese and uh the professional sports broadcaster that is Austin Montgomery, not DJ Chucky Cheese, will be filling in for me on the Louisville Football Postgame Show on Saturday night. So looking forward to that. I know you guys will kill it. You and John collectively getting us through what will be hopefully a big time win for the Cards. So to the company, man one show that's right and hopefully a W for Jeff Brohm and the Cards. It's the Louisville Football Post Games Show for sent about alex Alwright lawyers who distract.
Speaker 3: At Driver dot Com. So that should be a lot of fun for all involved.
Speaker 2: I've got some things I gotta do, so I won't be able to be there, but you'll be in good hands, I can.
Speaker 3: I can tell you that for sure. All Right, everybody, have a good evening.
Speaker 2: We're back at it tomorrow, and hopefully you guys will be back here with us for another fun afternoon right here on Sports Talk seven ninety