Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started. It is the five o'clock hour here on a Wednesday afternoon, Coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety need coffee. That's me Austin Montgomery alongside today. We got an hour left and we're gonna make the most of it. We've had some fun so far, at least I have. Hopefully you have as well. If not, you know, we'll continue to work on it. And we've got an hour to do. So let's stop right And we started off talking about the college football playoff. You know it's it should be awesome. I mean, I would hope that the games are really competitive and entertaining. I think you don't really have to. I mean, I don't know. I'm somebody that does wager on a lot of games, and that adds an element of I mean excitement, and certainly you can win and there's a great joy there. You know, if you watch and don't bet, and you don't really care, but you just enjoy watching the product, just love watching ball. Then I'm sure you're gonna enjoy yourself. But I'm just trying to think of a scenario with a twelve team playoff. It's not something where we think afterwards like, wow, that was awesome. We should have done this a long time ago, expanding the playoff and making it, you know, something like this. And I think it's set up well to where you didn't leave anybody out that can claim that they were I mean they are. They're gonna claim that they were treated unfairly, like Alabama, Ole, Miss South Carolina, Miami. Maybe they're doing that, but at the end of the day, they got to look at the mirror as far as why they didn't get in, and any of the teams that didn't get in I don't believe would have been able to win a national championship. And we'll never know. But you've got the teams that think that belong there and some really good matchups and I don't know who the who the best team is. I mean Oregon US, I mean certainly deserves to be able to, you know, have that top seed. They didn't lose a game and they're in the Big Ten, and you know, they're really building some special with Dan Lanning. But you know, overall, I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if they if they lose in the in their first game, just because you know, I don't you know, despite being unbeaten, I think they're they're beatable. I mean, nobody's done it yet. But like right now, if you look at the favorite right now to win the National Championship is in these I'm gonna see if these Have you looked at the odds here for the title winner Austin And some of this, by the way, is based off just the draw too, Like it's not just who they think is best. They look at the path now because you've got you know, twelve teams. But have you seen who the favorites are?
Speaker 3: I think when it first came out, it's Georgia, right.
Speaker 2: No, so right now it is Georgia. Might might have been, but you gotta keep in mind they found out shortly after the bracket was was was updated or it was unveiled, and they don't have Carson Beck, which actually don't think that that's that big of an issue for them, but they've now dropped down. But plus three fifty is Oregon, who's the favorite. Then after that it's plus three sixty with Texas, plus five hundred with Ohio State and plus five hundred with Georgia and then from there, I mean, the biggest long shot is Boise State and Clemson and Arizona State all at plus six thousand, SMU plus four thousand, and at Indiana plus four thousand. I don't know, like as far as like what I think would could happen, and yet there'd be some real juice there to make some money. I really don't know who I would go with. Maybe, I mean I was gonna say Indiana, but that would just be like a guess because they've only played one game against a team, and that doesn't mean they're not good, Like they may get to the end of the thing and be in the championship game, because there's not enough data, Like there's nothing that says they're not good. It's just impossible to know how good they are. Whenever the teams that they beat we all know kind of aren't great. That's not their fault. And I'm pulling for Indiana. We talked about that earlier. Me and Austin are riding with our man company, man John, because we want to see as Hoosiers keep dancing here in this tournament, but it would be such a risk. I don't know, I don't know what I would do, like I would I mean, I kind of think I would go plus twenty five hundred Tennessee. I mean, I think they're I don't think that they are likely to win it by any means, but it plus twenty five hundred, Like, you know, if they get past Ohio State, I feel like I could claim that they can they can beat anybody. Now, how State may be a little bit you know, deflated still from what happened to them in their rivalry game. And I think Ryan Day, the fact that Ryan Day it's kind of coaching for his job here seemingly it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I know the athletic director has said that regardless of what happens, but I think, you you know, it's just different Ohio State man like they don't like. And what really sucked for Ryan Day is that his results overall are still really good. They're still contending for national championships. They're losing to the rival, and they lost to him this year in a year where they really had no business losing to their rival. But an added element to Ryan Day's situation is that it's out there that last year you took a step back and that wasn't acceptable. So what are we going to do. Let's throw all the money at it, fixing it. Go hire Chip Kelly to call the offense. Go get the best class in the portal. As far as money like to pay the most probably when it comes to the portal. And of course you're paying Ryan Day a ton of money too, so that that's an added element to where people aren't saying that Ryan Day's a bump. Maybe they think that, and I don't think he's built for that job, to be honest with you, but it's an it's it's a it's an added strike for him knowing that he didn't just you know, fall short and lose to the you know, lose to Michigan in the last game of the season that kept you from being able to play in the championship game. And then you didn't just lose in the first round, but you did it where you didn't really beat anybody worth a damn and you lost in the first game of the playoff to a team at home, like and by the way, are they at home or they is this? That is this that Ohio stated is isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a shoot it so one of the more intriguing matchups I think, because you got it's probably gonna be cold and miserable, so that'd be interesting.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if I belie with what Herbstreet said whenever the bracket first was unveiled, that Ohio state right now, just where they are currently as a fan base and where they you know clearly what they feel about Ryan Day that they could get booed. I mean, I don't know if they're going to get booed in their home stadium, but like if it's out of control early, which I highly doubt, I mean, they may kill Tennessee. You just never know. But and they're the ones that are favored in this game. But I just it sounds crazy to fire a coach who has such a great record that has not even really had like a down year. Last year they were out of the playoff, and that's a down year for them, but they were still really good. And this year they've got you know, two losses, and they're in continent of the playoff, they're hosting the game, so like all in all, people would die for those results other places, but not at Ohio State, and not when you know you've given this guy resources to where you feel like it's just another sign that even with a team that is built with any player you seemingly want because of money, acting head coach, becoming your play caller and hip, Kelly like, I would not be shocked if he does lose his job despite what the ad said and despite overall the results of being good, because it's just different. It's just different at Ohio State, all right. For Louisville, we did talk a little bit earlier about the opt outs for the bowl game, clearly going to be a little bit of a different team without these guys. Tyler Shuck, Ashton Jealotti to Corey Brooks, and I think that was that about it. Let's see also a Maury Huggins Bruce, which you know, not to say that he won't be missed in some capacity, but obviously you know there were many games where you didn't really see him get a lot of action to make a big impact. But the others Tyler Shuck, Jacory Brooks to ash In Jelatti, those are you know, your three best players? I would say as far as well, I don't know, you got some good guys still playing in the game in the Bowl game, like Isaac Brown and Duke Watson, and it sounds like Quincy Riley's going to play. I don't know if that's been confirmed, but he hasn't opted out just yet, so no clue what to expect. But man, I'm eager to see Pierce Clarkson if he's the quarterback. I would assume that he is. And you know, it's not like I'm going to be watching and hoping that he shows that we're gonna have like a real quarterback controversy, because I don't think that's the case. I mean, maybe he does play really well and it's encouraging, but Jeff brom didn't go get in the portal and pay I mean not out of his own pocket, but he didn't go pay to get Miller Moss and and and have him like you know, I mean again, you've got to compete, you got to come ready to play. If he's terrible in practice, then maybe there would be something crazy happened. But like I just I want to see what we've got in a backup, and it's just He's we talked about the other day, the quarterback position is the most impacted position in all of sports when it comes to the portal and inn il because you don't when you don't have to rely on an unproven quarterback as a coach, you know what you're gonna do. Not do that. You're gonna go get somebody that is has has proven to be able to get to you know, to to win at a certain level and has experience. And you know when you when you get your first chance to cut your teeth at a quarterback moving forward, regardless of really where you are in the recruiting rankings and all that, Like, I feel like it's going to be at a different school than the one you committed to. I just do. I mean, not all situations will play it like that, but I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of them do. Now the quarterback that did come in to you know, hopefully get Louisville in a position to be in the playoff next year. Tough to know because there's a lot of work to be done when it comes to the portal. But I'd say the quarterback piece is not one that many are worried about. With Miller Moss and he was on Let's see where was this? He joined a Yeah, he was on a I think it's the twenty four to seven Sports maybe maybe one of their shows on their platform, talking about his decision to come and play for Jeff Brohm. And here is what here's what Miller Moss had to say.
Speaker 4: It would be a tremendous honor to deliver coach brom his first ACES championships as the head coach of Louisville and then go on to have success down the road. I mean, obviously I've been a part of this for a little bit now, so I understand that, you know, making predictions or sorry, stating goals in December doesn't doesn't mean to Todd, and there's a lot of work that goes into that. But I think that'd be awesome and really here.
Speaker 2: For the school, the university, you know, So there you go. He wants to bring uh, Jeff bromis first a SEC championship. That would be that would be ideal. That would be great. I don't know if it's going to happen, but man, that would be awesome. And uh, speaking of Miller Moss, I I got to start monitoring the text line, well not monitoring, and you guys can send whatever you want in and a lot of you guys do that, and it's a wild place there on the Yellen and Federal Credit Union text line. But I probably wouldn't have read the text I read about Miller Moss's mother. Oh yeah, I probably wouldn't have read that Mama Moss. And if I would have read it for the first time in a break, I wouldn't have come back and went to it. But I just kind of was reading it, you know, kind of like Burgundy tellprompter, like just you know, getting myself in trouble kind of going. So when it wasn't wasn't crazy. But if you listened yesterday you know what I'm talking about. And our podcast listeners of course who listened after the fact, they were pretty active on the text line. And uh, real big fans of Miller Moss's mother, who seems like a great mother and she's a good quarterback and what you know that that that was my comment and I and I and I and I do stand by that. But yes, she's she's awesome, and I and she was going back and forth with UK fans when it comes to the uh, when it comes to the you know, which I don't know if I like that but hey, she's uh, she's willing to get in the weeds and go back and forth with BBN. I mean, that's that's a good that's a good sign right away that you know she's kind of she's all in and you know she's.
Speaker 3: She's great, she's DTF down to fan.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's right, Yeah, yep, that's that. Yep, you are correct. All right, quick break, we will keep this thing rolling along. I do want to talk a little more Louisville hoops. The continuous nonsense about Vince Merrow being pursued for all these jobs is still something I find very hilarious and we need to revisit something we did discuss earlier this Netflix series that's going to feature the SEC this past season, and when they were in town to be in bed within the Kentucky program and really give you a behind the scenes look at what's going on with u K football. It just so happened to be the South Carolina game in the Louisville game, which is going to be great entertainment for Louisville fans, but for Kentucky fans, I'm not even sure if they'll watch it, and I don't blame them, but what I want to get to is sort of the risk that you that you take when you sign up to be a part of this part of the show and give people a peek behind the curtain, not knowing if you're going to be successful or not. So don't go anywhere. Keep it locked right here. It's Coffee and Company. Fuel about Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Singed to Coffee and Company with Nick Coffee on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: We got about thirty minutes left here before we wrap it up and call it a day. But thank you once again for hanging out with us. Don't forget if you've missed anything, you can always check it out on the podcast wherever you get podcasts, but we recommend you get it on the Out Radio app because you know that's who we are and you can take us with you wherever you go listening live on the Art Radio app. All right, So this was this is one of those good stories this time of year, and hey, it is the holiday season, and it's always nice to be reminded at any point, regardless of the holiday season or whatever time of the year it is, it's always nice to be reminded that there are a lot of really good people out there that do really good things just because they want to be good people, and that doesn't get profiled quite as much as you know, and that's not really I mean, that's just life. That's not anybody's fault. But obviously crime is a big part of news coverage and whatnot. But how about this person who is anonymous here in Louisville, Kentucky at the I'm sorry, Southern Indiana just across the river, the Salvation Army in Southern Indiana received a big time donation from an anonymous person and it is a rare gold nugget and it weighed fifteen point five ounces and apparently that is very valuable. In fact, it's valued at over forty thousand dollarsesh. So they have their annual red Kettle campaign. Somebody came in donated it on Saturday. And again that's that's insane. I mean, somebody given forty thousand dollars knowing what that's worth and not wanting anybody to know who it was. I mean, like I say this all the time when it comes to people who are generous, no matter what your motive is, if you are in fact doing a good deed. You're doing a good deed, and that's a great thing. Meaning I think there's some people who would not be as generous if they didn't have the opportunity to get footage of it and post it on social media so they can look like a great person. But again, regardless of motive, it's still awesome that they're doing that. And those that do that but don't want to be don't want anybody to know. I mean, we're talking about somebody who is just a fun I mean I was gonna say, like the best people you'll find, and I kind of felt like that would have been an exaggeration. But actually, I'm not sure. It is like somebody who just wants to donate something and be generous and they're going to keep it to themselves, Like that's that's a special person. And I'm sure that happens a lot more often than you know. There's just this one instance across the river in southern Indiana, But I mean, that's that's amazing. So there are good people out there, believe it or not.
Speaker 3: See what you can getting into the college football playoffs does to you. It gets these Hoosiers are starting to get grateful. Man, I love to hear about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe they put a few other gold nuggets in the nil bucket for mister Signetti, because you know that would That's where I feel like you'd be really generous if you're an Indiana fan. But anyways, the fundraising here, their goal they were able to. Yeah, the goal, it says here they have a goal throughout the en They're not done yet. Of course, Christmas season's not over, but they had a goal of raising three hundred and seventy eight thousand dollars. And of course this gold nugget, valued it over forty grand is going to go a long way toward helping them get to those efforts. So good stuff there, good vibes, no doubt. All right, let's not quick break. I don't know why I said that. We just got back from break. Anyways, this is where I start to realize there's so many things I want to try to get to it before we run out of time. And I'm just talking really fast that I'm all over the place. I don't know which way to go. But let's get to this. This Netflix series that the SEC was featured in. This this will come out this summer in July. In July of twenty twenty five, and it featured a handful of SEC teams, and they'll feature a handful of SEC teams next season, so it'll be a two part thing. And not every SEC team participated. And I'm not sure. I'm trying to find one of the articles here that I have that tells me, you know, I don't I can't find the information here. Would they have let everybody be on it if they wanted to, or did they ask a certain amount of people and they turn in a certain amount turned it down to where they've been moved on to other schools. I really don't know. But the schools that decided to participate, Kentucky was one of them. And to know, and again, if you're Kentucky, I think at the time you would say yeah, because that's just more exposure and you probably believe you were going to have a good season and therefore it would be you know, a real it would be a win win for you. You know, not only are you having success, but it was part of it was profiled by a crew that's putting a show on Netflix. It's going to be watched by millions and millions of people. I mean, you know, momentum is a big factor in college athletics, more so than it's ever been because you know, you can have no momentum and still potentially use your in il and get people to believe in you and hope that your success or your lack of success recently was an outlier, or maybe they believe that you're still a coach that you know, despite maybe not having success yet, that they're going to believe in you. So you can you can work around it. But man, if you've got if you've got nil resources and you've got momentum, meaning where like you're having success, you are you know, in the limelight, you got you know, momentum. Again, That's that's why I emphasize that word like that that can really really help you. That's why I think it was so important for Louisville football to finish the season strong where you know, they ended up winning their last couple of games in impressive fashion and finished eight and four. That wasn't a special season, but you know, last year, I don't think they ended with momentum. Right, they played in the AEC champ Game and that was great and they were they were able to navigate through that, but like it sucked last year having a ten and two regular season, a ten and four regular of ten and four season overall, Jeff Brawn clearly off to a phenomenal start here. I mean that was awesome, but it didn't feel you didn't have the feeling of it because the momentum was kind of had evaporated just because you've ended the season in terrible fashion. Still was a good year overall, but like the ending certainly impacted how it felt at the end. And you know, this time around, I think you know, there's clearly some setbacks that they had early on this year against good teams. The Stanford loss was awful, but man, they finished strong, and I think that can go a long way. So, you know, if you are doing all that and having success and you're featured on this like for example, South Carolina finished the season really strong too. They came up short and didn't make the playoff, but like they ended up being a really really good team at the end of the day. That's just on the outside looking again of the playoff. Well, if they're featured on this show, like that's only gonna make them even more attractive, I would say to fans. But most importantly like players that maybe you know, maybe they learned something about the culture at South Carolina that they didn't know about from this show. Maybe they were like, Okay, I'm seeing a side of Shane Beemer I've never seen before. This guy's awesome. I want to go play for him. So, like, there's no guarantee that you really benefit from it, but you got a better chance of benefitting from being on this show if things are going well, then if things are going poorly and clearly with Kentucky, they're going to be included in this show that comes out this summer. And the two weeks that they were here profiling Kentucky embedded within the program with their film crew talking to players and coaches, I'm sure it was when they played South Carolina, and it was also the week they played Louisville. And I don't think you could pick two weeks for Kentucky that would be worse to have included in this show than those two weeks. But you know, what are you gonna do? And I don't know if it'll really impact them at all, because everybody knows. By the time this is out there, everybody's gonna know that they finished one and seven in the sec but like, maybe there's some behind the scenes stuff that makes it look even worse than you realized. Maybe you've turned the page and aren't thrilled with where things are going, but you want to believe because you you're a fan. And then you see how you're reminded of how bad it was, and you're like, Okay, why did I get myself hyped up? Why did I think we were Why did I try to convince myself things weren't going as poorly as they are, because clearly they are. So you know, if I was a Kentucky fan, I'm not even trying to watch it. It would be cool to kind of see your program, you know, behind the scenes in like a cinematic production like this with Netflix involved, but I also couldn't see myself like, all right, that's kind of cool, but I don't want to relive these bad moments. These were not good. This was sad. I don't like seeing, you know, Netflix profiling my team getting embarrassed by their rival in a game that really wasn't even as close as the final score indicated. So if you don't watch it in you're Kentucky fan, I just want you to know I understand. All right, so bracketology is really stupid, right, we can agree, can't we? So the latest bracketology, let me pull it up here from one and only Joe Lenardi, who I do. You know my beef is not with Lenardi, And I've railed on him for a while because you know, he's not like the best when it comes to predicting the bracket. He has it a couple of good years lately, but overall, like he's not. Like there are dudes who work a full time job doing a lot of different things that don't have anything to do with basketball or you know, analytics, but yet they do it every year and they are really good at predicting what the NAA selection Committee's gonna do. And Lenardi, you know, he's not great, but yet because he's the guy that does it on ESPN and most of the games you watch around ESPN, they shove him in your face throughout the season and give this false perception that he has to say so and who gets in the tournament. And I'll be honest with you, I would be fine if Leonardi seed to the tournament because, as I've said, just like the college football playoff committee, why not have somebody where like this is what they do, this is all they do, having ads and chancellors and conference commissioners involved. One, there's clearly some type of bias that you just have to hope that they're not going to have. But also like they got other proba. They gotta things going on to where like they're not watching as much ball as you know a die hard fan does and not have to said that a dieh herd fan would be more you know, but more you know, qualified to do it. But these guys have other stuff going on to where yeah they're great, they're professionals, they've had successful careers, but why not just have Lenardi do it? Who in fact, like that's all he does. And I think Lenardi's been wrong and he's easy to poke fun of because you know, he just is. But also I don't think anybody would claim that like he's biased like any Here's how you know somebody is not biased. When everybody thinks that that he's out to get their team and he's unfairly seeding them like that, that's that's the proof that yeah, he's not somebody you got to worry about showing favoritism. He's just gonna call it like it is. So anyways, I'm not anti Lenardi the guy. It's just annoying for me. It's more ESPN than than it is anything else. That just irritates me. But right now he has Kentucky as a one seed in his bracket, which doesn't really surprise me. They have two really good wins, and you know, their resume is gonna be I mean, I put it this way, if they beat Ohio State this weekend, they're gonna have a really good resume because even if they do lose many times in the SEC, because of how dominant the SEC has been as a hoops conference, I don't know if that's gonna really impact their numbers. Right Like, the amount of quad one, Quad two games in the SEC play this year is gonna be insane. You know, that's that's that's a dangerous thing if you're you know, if you're a team in that conference. But I look at the ACC, who again had another bad night last night. One of the worst teams, a team that isn't in fact good in the in the SEC is South Carolina. Well, they beat Clemson at home, the team that's supposed to be one of the best teams in your league. North Carolina, they got some talented players and they fought back against Florida, who's unbeaten, but they ended up losing. And Carolina, I mean, Carolina is gonna be an interesting case study because they're about to head into conference play and there's not a lot of great wins out there. I mean, the only win right now in the ACC that anybody has when it comes to you know, if surefire thing is Duke. I mean, Carolina is still a top thirty team in the Ken Palm. But Carolina right now is six and five, and yes, all their losses have coming against good teams, but they don't really have any wins to speak of. And you know, they may run through the ACC, but there's not going to be many good opportunities to get wins in the league. So like, it's just crazy to envision a scenario where Carolina ends up being the second best team maybe in the ACC, and they end up having a really good record. But in the non conference when they played all the good teams, they lost, and when they played in the ACC, they lost to Duke and then beat up on all the teams they were kind of supposed to beat up on. I don't think that would ever lead to them not making the tournament, But like, where do you see them? I mean again, they're now six and five with losses to Kansas, Auburn, Michigan State, Alabama in Florida. Give them credit for playing a really challenging schedule, but they've got this Saturday in the Champions Classic UCLA, who's top fifteen in the ken Pom. That's kind of like, I mean, it's kind of like it is their last chance to get a win of value in the non conference now when it comes to you know, the ACC. I mean again, the only team that that that you know for sure you're gonna get a lot of value when you play them and beat them is is Duke. Other than that, it's I mean, there's not They're not good wins if you get them, and if you and if you don't get them and you lose to a team that's you know, let's say Louisville knocks them off. That's not a terrible loss, but it's certainly not a good one, at least not right now. So currently with Lenardi, I didn't just bring it up to mention that that, you know, the the Kentucky one seed thing. But Louisville is not in the first four out or the next four out. They're in the second group. So of the like twelve teams on the outside looking in, they're in that mix of twelve, but they're in the late stages according to Lenardi, meaning I guess nine through twelve. So doesn't that mean you're on the bubble or no? Cause I get I mean technically like you're alive, you're within the bubble. I suppose if we're just gonna base it off of like if this was real, But I also think you'd consider if you are the last four in or the last four buys, you probably also were considered on the bubble. I mean you are, like you're in, but like it. It's bubbleish, bubbly as they say. So not great to see that Louisville's two best wins Indiana and West Virginia. Indiana is now currently in the first four out and West Virginia is in the last four buys, meaning they're in right now. But they don't have a whole lot of wiggle rooms. So these are things you got to keep up with. It's not like life or death, and it doesn't guarantee anything. But you want the teams that beat you to continue to be really good, and you want the teams you beat that could potentially like again, it didn't matter if U TEP ends up being good because you know it's U TEP. But like if you beat a team in your conference or you beat a team in the non conference that's from the power level, you want them to do well because it's going to give you a chance to get a win with more value. So currently Leonardi only he has four ACC teams in, and I'm trying to see hate that he doesn't break it down by seed, but obviously Duke is in safely with a Are they a one seed? Let me see? Now I can't not look because I'm just yeah, Duke is a two seed and Carolina is a nine seed, and then I guess who would be the other teams in. I mean pitt is a seventh seed, Clemson maybe yeah, Pitt is a seven seed and Clemson is a six seed. But I think this came out before Clemson lost last night. So anyways, I still think they can get to the tournament, but I just think it's ultimately if they do end up getting results and like they start beating all the teams they're supposed to beat, and maybe they steal a win against the team they weren't supposed to win. I think it if that plays out, it I'm not sure that it will, but if it does, I really think it's just gonna come down to how the committee views the ACC and that's just that's the ultimate coin flip. You don't know, but I do know is we got one more segments, so stick around. We'll finish strong here. On the other side, Coffee and Company feel about the.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Coffee and Company with Nick Coffee on Sports Talk seven nine.
Speaker 2: Day Good Stuff today, mister Montgomery, very very pleased with our soundtrack for it all. Let's go thank you of Coffee and Company. Really really good stuff. Speaking of good stuff, sex, I think we could all agree sex is pretty good, right it should be. I hope it is. I mean, even if you've had bad sex, I'm sure you you know you want to keep attempting to do it and make it good. And I can't guarantee anything, but I know there's something out there that can enhance the experience and make it better. And that's called blue Shoo. It's got the same active ingredients as viagra and sialis, but you get it at a fraction of the cost and a little blue chewable pill that is delicious and man, it can really it can really have an effect, not only for those that might need a little bit of an extra bump in the bedroom. And if so, you know that's probably not a situation you like, but hey, it's life. It happens way more frequent than people realize. But it doesn't just have to be a product that it's taken by those who do need that extra, that extra omp. It's also for those that just want to enhance the experience for themselves and their partner. And they're gonna let you try it for free. That's how much blue Choe believes in their product. They stand by it and they'll let you try it for an entire month for free. And all you had to do is pay five bucks shipping to get it to you. So go to blue choo dot com, use the promo code Nick seven ninety at check out five bucks shipping boom, you try for a month for free, and I think you're gonna be a consistent customer with our friends at blue Choo because they provide a great product that can benefit you in a major way. So again, bluetoo dot com promo code Nick seven ninety blue chee, chew it and do it all right. So just a few minutes left here before we wrap it up, and I'm just trying to and this is something I'll probably need to like make a regular part of the show because you know, and I don't have a whole lot of time to dive into something. Maybe if I tease you with some things I can you know, have ready tomorrow for the show, that'll make you more excited to tune in and join us on a Thursday. Because the conversation about Travis Hunter, who won the Heisman Trophy, in which position he's going to play in the NFL is a real debate because he's clearly good enough to be an attractive defensive back and a receiver, but no, no team is going to invest in him as one of those and not and let him play both like they're gonna they're gonna decide what he's gonna be, and maybe he will want to do both, but I don't see a scenario where a team will say, no, we want you. And I'm assuming defensive back is where he'll end U wouldn't you say that Austin, uh, like Travis Hunter, will probably be more attractive in the NFL as a dB than a wide receiver, right especially.
Speaker 3: And so I've heard a lot more that a lot of people would want him as wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, you know, he's such a dynamic playmaker that I could see a scenario where he'd be really really good at both. But but I don't think that's happening the avalue. Yeah, nobody's gonna let him play both. But the average salary of the five highest paid receivers in the league is thirty two million dollars, which is ten million more than the than the average salary for the top five cornerbacks. Therefore, you know, it's kind of like running backs. Adrian Peterson said something long ago that has always stuck with me, and it's that if he could have gone back to the moment where it was clear his future and flo ball was it running back at that age, you probably have some real ability to where you can probably play defensive back too, right, or maybe you know something else to where you know if you've got the if you're just a gifted athlete with a lot of upside and potential choosing running back. If that's really what you're best at and it's going to get you the most attention, then do that. But if you know you have potential to where you can be really good at a few different positions, I think you at this point choosing running back would be a foolish move. And again, not many are this gifted to where they can make that choice. But you know, the future and the money is is way more lucrative for those that are playing a position other than running back, because that's just what it's it's what it's turned into. Also something else we'll get tomorrow. Quinners is of course the Texas quarterback that that's going to be leading Texas in this playoff, but he doesn't necessarily want to go pro. But yet Texas apparently wants to. They want to move on and get the arch Manning era started for obvious reasons, and that could just lead to some of the one of the wildest things you'll see where like I think even if quin Ouers does really well in the playoff, like they want to move on from him, and if he does, then maybe that means he does go to the NFL. But he's not gonna be one of the first quarterbacks taken. And like it's just crazy to think that, Like could a team trade for a player, you know what I mean? Like could could you know, could could the NAL package at one school go to Texas and then Texas sends the NL package for ers to a different school, Like I doubt that, but I mean I doubt that would ever happen. It sounds insane, but like we're in insane time right now when it comes to college sports. Anyways, we got a lot to get tomorrow and I hope you'll join us and we're gonna call it a day. Have a good night, everybody, to take care