Speaker 1: Gene One, comed Der, a Cooleeagan A hm hmm.
Speaker 2: Here's your brief. Also he commed, A'm dean stuck.
Speaker 1: Morgannin is your Colleagan Americana?
Speaker 2: Then yes, he Commedros Boston.
Speaker 1: Belong a blap see here and Deutschland.
Speaker 3: Seemster driver blem avara skatenist Man musters langa lin design, Dutchland vices nicht yea black flight Libert Sohauser.
Speaker 4: At the end of this conversation you heard the woman say, a're blab flat Libert Sohauser. This means he prefers, perhaps to stay at home.
Speaker 5: Ben Rein maltsu.
Speaker 1: Gene One, comed Der Collagan A hm hmm.
Speaker 2: Here's the brief. Also he commed, A'm dean stuck, Morgan.
Speaker 1: Sin is your Colleagan Americana?
Speaker 6: Then yes, he Commedros Boston belong a black sea here and Deutschland.
Speaker 3: Seems driver avaa skatenist man must langna then snake a black fel likely? But sooso do.
Speaker 4: You remember how to ask? What are you going to buy?
Speaker 1: O's caalf? And the.
Speaker 4: And what and the A few T shirts?
Speaker 2: I need a T shirts. I need a T shirts.
Speaker 4: For whom.
Speaker 1: Uwen Feuwen.
Speaker 4: For my friends in America.
Speaker 2: Femine fraud in America, femine fraud in America, and.
Speaker 4: For you too, for me, for me, for me, would you really like to buy a T shirt for me and T shirt.
Speaker 1: Merchantcy Vetlich and T shirt for Miskaufen.
Speaker 4: Yes, certainly, yeah, siha, I'm going into town.
Speaker 2: Now, heygre Yes in the stud, heygre Yes in the stud.
Speaker 4: We can both drive into town.
Speaker 1: You can bide in the Statfahn. You can bide in the Statfahn.
Speaker 4: If you would like. Benzy mushten, Yes, I would like to go buy car add gerner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it mushed again and met him auto farn. Yeah it mushed again, and him.
Speaker 4: I would not like to go by subway.
Speaker 2: If uban farn if uban far.
Speaker 4: And I would not like to go on foot.
Speaker 2: To fool skin. Want is to fool skin?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, good good. We can drink something afterwards.
Speaker 1: Kren mah. It was drinkin, kren mah, it was drinkin.
Speaker 4: Now, suppose you're an American visiting in Germany and you're talking with an acquaintance about meeting for dinner with your respective spouses. Vizangzi my husband is not at home.
Speaker 3: Now Mine minus yet nichts to Hauser. Mine minus yet, nichts to Hauser.
Speaker 4: But he's coming at six.
Speaker 2: Aber erkomtom zex.
Speaker 4: My husband and I h.
Speaker 2: Mine man and ech.
Speaker 4: And your wife and you and we can go to a restaurant together.
Speaker 3: Kind in susanman and restaurangin yukon in susanman and restaurangin.
Speaker 4: Afterwards.
Speaker 6: Perhaps nah, I feel liked Naria the exact air, Yes, gladly, yeah, gana.
Speaker 5: Zanzi.
Speaker 4: How about seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Vezzi uh Vez mazi uh.
Speaker 4: In the restaurant Sudan alben.
Speaker 2: In restaurant sud in ipen in restaurant sud in ipen.
Speaker 5: Mizaktair.
Speaker 4: My wife and I still have to buy something together.
Speaker 1: When retrans zan Kaufen, When Imus nods to san.
Speaker 4: Kaufen, can we come a little later?
Speaker 1: Convey and bissinge beta common, convey and bissing beta common.
Speaker 4: Is that all right?
Speaker 1: Kid does?
Speaker 5: And what see?
Speaker 4: Yes? That's all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kids.
Speaker 4: Act well until later.
Speaker 1: Alzobispetta.
Speaker 4: Suppose you're telling an acquaintance about a letter you received. How do you say letter in German?
Speaker 1: Brief Dear brief, Wizachtmann.
Speaker 4: Her letter, I a brief, I a brief, and yet Sangxi, your letter.
Speaker 5: I brief.
Speaker 4: Her letter and your letter sound exactly the same, Zangxi. Here is her letter, Here is dear brief.
Speaker 5: Visangxi.
Speaker 4: The colleague referring to a woman.
Speaker 2: De kolegen.
Speaker 4: Yet Zangxi, her.
Speaker 3: Colleague irekolagan irekolagan on visakman, your colleague.
Speaker 1: Er a colleagan.
Speaker 5: Zangxi.
Speaker 4: A colleague is coming for a visit.
Speaker 1: And a collagian comsubizur and a colleagian comsubizur.
Speaker 5: V fract ibakanta.
Speaker 4: When is your colleague arriving?
Speaker 1: One comvia a colleaguan an, one comvia a colleaguan an.
Speaker 4: She's arriving on Friday.
Speaker 5: Videos does ward for your.
Speaker 4: Friday Frey tag.
Speaker 2: Pray Pray Frey tag.
Speaker 4: She's arriving on Friday.
Speaker 2: The comped freytag an, the comped freytag.
Speaker 4: An, and she's staying.
Speaker 2: Won't see blind.
Speaker 4: Until Monday or Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Bis moontag ourdadeenstag thiss moontag odadeenstagagen.
Speaker 4: She's arriving Friday evening.
Speaker 2: The coms fretag armed on the com fretag armed on.
Speaker 4: We've ragged air at what time? At a quarter past eight vide hole in the.
Speaker 2: Fertile fir tel.
Speaker 7: Fertt zangzi at a quarter past eight ah is understood.
Speaker 4: In German.
Speaker 6: Fart v fragged air really erklich zachmann a quarter two fiertel four four fiertel four.
Speaker 4: Not at a quarter to nine, michtum.
Speaker 1: Fidel for noine fierteal for noine.
Speaker 5: Antwenzi.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: She arrives on Monday at a quarter past eight.
Speaker 2: Nine.
Speaker 3: The comte a monte kumchtan nine the comte a monte kan.
Speaker 5: V fragged air v langsi and deutsch Land blind.
Speaker 1: Filanga blapsi in birch lund filanga blapsi in birch lund.
Speaker 4: Zangzi. I believe three weeks.
Speaker 2: Ikloub revochan iskloud revochan.
Speaker 4: How does he ask if she's coming alone?
Speaker 1: Comtielina, comtie Elina.
Speaker 4: Or with her husband.
Speaker 1: Amdira mann Midira mann.
Speaker 5: Zangzi.
Speaker 4: She's coming alone?
Speaker 2: They comte Alina, They comte Alina.
Speaker 4: Her husband is not coming.
Speaker 2: Yeman accompanished.
Speaker 6: Yeaman, the zac Man, she travels Vidoholenzi, the Riist, the rist.
Speaker 4: On vizaktman gladly.
Speaker 6: Gana Zagzi, she travels, the Rist, she likes to travel, vilensi the.
Speaker 2: Rist Ghana, the Rist Gana.
Speaker 4: You're literally saying she travels gladly Zangzi rein mal. She likes to.
Speaker 2: Travel, the Riist Ghana, the Riist Ghana.
Speaker 4: It's Zangxi, not gladly.
Speaker 1: Micht Ghana, mich gana.
Speaker 5: Zangxi.
Speaker 4: He does not like to travel. Say literally, he travels, not gladly.
Speaker 2: Erraisnisch Ghana. Gana erraisnis Ghana.
Speaker 5: Zangzi rein mal.
Speaker 4: She likes to travel.
Speaker 2: She writed Ghana.
Speaker 4: And she likes to work.
Speaker 2: Unci ab i did Ghana, unci ab i did Ghana.
Speaker 5: We've racked air and he.
Speaker 4: Her husband.
Speaker 1: Yaman Yaman.
Speaker 4: Does her husband like to work?
Speaker 1: Aby did yamongana ah by Didyamongana.
Speaker 5: Zagzi.
Speaker 4: Yes, he likes to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, er abajit Ghana, Yeah, er abajit Ghana.
Speaker 4: But he doesn't like to travel.
Speaker 2: Aber aber.
Speaker 4: He prefers to stay at home.
Speaker 3: Vid e bli plibertsuhauser liba liba e bliin plibert suhauser.
Speaker 4: Liba means rather or preferably, So you're literally saying he stays rather at home. Say again he prefers to stay at home.
Speaker 2: H yeah, blackly bats the houser.
Speaker 5: A fraged and you.
Speaker 4: On, Si, what do you like to do?
Speaker 1: What's maranzi ghana Ghana? What's maranzi ghana?
Speaker 4: Then Si, I like to work.
Speaker 3: Aba de ganay abad ghana, and I don't like to stay at home.
Speaker 2: And explainish canna to Houser, explabnish cannate to.
Speaker 4: Hauser, I prefer not to stay at home.
Speaker 3: Expliably vanished to Hauser, expliably vanished to Hauser, airs.
Speaker 4: Act fine.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: Would you like to go to the movies with me?
Speaker 1: Vitajn zi merchants he meet me and skin again Keno does kino.
Speaker 4: In skin no.
Speaker 1: Missions and keinogan.
Speaker 4: Ins is a contraction of in das keno means cinema, say the cinema or the movies?
Speaker 1: Does keno.
Speaker 4: Mean zang xi to the movies?
Speaker 1: In is keno in is ken no.
Speaker 5: Frazi?
Speaker 4: Would you like to go to the movies with me?
Speaker 1: Metions me me ands keinogian mess me and skeinogian.
Speaker 4: Zangxi gladly ghana, I like to go to the movies remember you say, I go gladly to the movies?
Speaker 2: Iskee Agana is Keino? Iske Agana is Keino?
Speaker 4: When shall we go on Friday?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 3: Volan Viegin, I'm Frida dog one, Volan Viegin, I'm Frida doug.
Speaker 5: As act.
Speaker 4: Yes, Friday is fine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Frida tag is rude.
Speaker 4: Shall we drink something before.
Speaker 1: Boiling me? A fore head was drinking? Boiling me a forehead was drinking?
Speaker 4: Yes, fine, yeah, good. Now suppose you and an acquaintance are making plans to go out. I'll cue what you should say, then listen to his response. Ask him if he'd like to go to the movies.
Speaker 2: Mortenzi and Quino gin.
Speaker 8: Yeah, aganas yet say it's a quarter past seven, as is fertile, nasiem.
Speaker 2: As is fertile, Nasim.
Speaker 4: Ask him if he would like to go now or later?
Speaker 1: Again again, we've as much better?
Speaker 4: Say fine, at what time?
Speaker 1: Good envil, I'm fiddlefoo seeing say that's good?
Speaker 2: Does it good?
Speaker 4: Tell him you like to go to the movies. Remember to use.
Speaker 3: Garner igi Agana and Iskino, igi Agana and Skino.
Speaker 4: Say that you don't like to stay at.
Speaker 3: Home iplabanisht gan Sahauser Iplabnishan Sahauser.
Speaker 4: Now ask him what he's doing tomorrow.
Speaker 2: PA's Mahanzi morgen.
Speaker 4: Nicht asked, why not.
Speaker 1: Varnished monges tritok.
Speaker 4: Say ah, tomorrow, your colleague is arriving. Use the word for female.
Speaker 3: Colleague, ah Morgen com di Iriculiganan ah Morgen com di iriculigan.
Speaker 4: But perhaps.
Speaker 2: Abba philist, Perhaps she.
Speaker 4: Would also like to go to the movies. Be careful of the word order.
Speaker 2: Feel like moved to the arenskinogin fe liked most of the arensky. Again.
Speaker 4: This is the end of Unit eight.