Speaker 1: Let's go. Here we go, Here we go, here we go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen running home. Kay okay, here we are smack dab in the middle of the week. We call it wild Card Wednesday. Since Graham features have been killing killing this week, I'm sure today's gonna be a great one. Well, wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakeys. Killer Cody is back on with us. Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. This guy wrote it was his first time in the Hall of Fame last year, first time in the tournament. Wrote it down to the last game of the year. Just came up short with Adam Nakopp. He's going for win number two, fresh out of bed Head to head six twenty pierce the veiled tickets. You're getting them in homeroom on the Fun Fact Flashback. I'll think I've got some good fun facts for you today, and some one of them is gonna be a notable birthday. Don't be a pig is the name of the game we were gonna play yesterday. We moved it to today. The gun game was too great yesterday. Deptnes tickets on the chopping block if you're the winner of Don't Be a Pig. We'll play at seven to twenty. We got a world premiere. We're gonna play this new Lumineer song at a twenty this morning, and I think it already played on the overnight, but it'll be a world premiere for us. We also have Monster Jam tickets in that eight o'clock hour, Buzzfest tickets at ninety twenty nine, ten, nine, ten, we'll get the Buzzfest tickets and then a bunch more. Now. I don't see advisories or anything like that. It is cold, though, Okay, it's about what this says. It feels like twenty nine outside right now. It is currently thirty six, so no freezing or anything like that. Mostly cloudy today and later on we'll see highs of forty five. Alex has been holding it down.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: What are Houston's headlines? Good morning Ride, Good morning home room.
Speaker 3: A fast moving wildfires threatened homes and forced thousands of people in California to evacuate their homes. It's being fueled by the Santa Anita winds. The fire is in the California Palisades, which is also some of the most expensive real estate in California. Yeah, not that that matters, but it's still a tragedy that's going on. Our officials are warning of worsening wind conditions that could force more residents to flee over the coming days. We'll definitely keep you guys posted on anything that happens new.
Speaker 1: In that story.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Carter's body is gonna lie in state in the US Capitol Rotunda for the next several days so that Congress members can pay their respects. The foreign President's gonna be then laid to rest at his home in Georgia next to his wife. Carter passed away back on December twenty ninth at the age of one hundred. The NFL playoffs are a big deal, so some teams will be offering giant sized food items to their playoff menus this weekend. The Texans are gonna be one of those teams. They'll be offering what's called a Bigger than Texas Tomali. It's pretty much just a giant tomali with meat, chili, sauce, and salsa.
Speaker 1: That seems pretty awesome. I mean, is there one person that's seeking this out? It's a Texans playoffs? Yeah, some like get your mind right, your mind on the games.
Speaker 3: It's probably somebody's wife that is going to just get to post it on Instagram, like their their husband drags into a game, your boyfriend drags you your game, and you're like, well, look at this.
Speaker 1: It's a giant Tomali. Everybody. If you're in Arrowhead Stadium, the.
Speaker 3: Chiefs are gonna have touchdown to which is just a massive brick of French toast with berry sauce and vanilla cream. And in the god forsaken city of Philadelphia, the Eagles are gonna offer what's called a Pretzel John, which is a giant pretzel in the shape of the Eagles logo that comes with green mustard. Sounds terrible, but yeah. You can go see all that on our food blog page today. If you like horror movies, you can now watch this shining at the Overlook Hotel for the movie's.
Speaker 1: Forty fifth anniversary.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be able to go up to the Timberline Lodge in Mount Hood, Oregon, which was used for the exterior shots of the hotel in the movies. The interior was all filmed in England, so it's just the out out interior shot or exterior shots special screening is not gonna be until October fifth, but tickets are seventy five dollars a person. It also includes access to the lodge for the day, so you can take all your scary pictures you want, and you can get a discounted rate if.
Speaker 1: You want to stay in the spooky hotel. The horror movie crowd is dedicated and there will be people home. It's gonna sell out immediate. They'll go, They'll make that pilgrimage for sure. This will be packed.
Speaker 3: Buzzfest co headliner Marilyn Manson and celebrate his fifty sixth birthday with a party in Hollywood. Some guests included Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins.
Speaker 1: He invented birthdays. I don't know if you know that.
Speaker 3: Filter's Richard Patrick, Fall Universus, Ronnie Radkey, and John five from Motley Crue. In a video of the celebration, with guests singing him happy birthday, Manson also announced that he was celebrating four years of sobriety. So good, good on Marilyn Manson, and happy birthday to our co headliner of Buzzfest. That's what that's u Uston's headlines not Alex The Sports Alex Sports Rockets gotta win. Last night they beat the Wizards one thirty five to one twelve. Jalen Green had twenty nine points in the night to lead all players in scoring. Jalen Green absolutely went off in that game. Rockets are now twenty four to twelve on the season. They're gonna have a day off before playing the Grizzlies tomorrow night in Memphis.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Okay, here we go off to a great start. Already, who's up? Who's ready to rock? We're gonna be busy as we always are. We're always busy around here. First phone call could be all yours Jump seven, the most interactive show on the radio. Let's begin ninety four five the buzz Tonic. If you could only see, well, good morning everybody, you'd welcome aboard on this wild Card Wednesday. Saw your brother Rod and the Twins. We're ready to rock your Wednesday, your wild Card Wednesday. I already took a look and uh, welcome to your new number one. Alans. Nice, Yeah, welcome to your new number one. I know there's only been three features on the year, but in the shuffling of Monday and Tuesday and today. I'm just saying number one with a bullet so lots of stuff for you on links and guests. This morning, Chile is working away like a little cobbler, like a little Internet cobbler. Uh. He is crafting all of those links that I sent to him this morning. We're gonna be talking tattoos today on the show. I know yesterday was Tattooesday, but I just saw on the news. I'm not one hundred percent sure if it's real. A nine year old with their parents' permission got a tattoo in Arizona. It's legal with your parents' permission. My question is should a child under eighteen with parental permission be allowed to get a tattoo? I did without parental right, I know you did, yes, not me, Brian Keel technically, So I've got to pull question already up on the X talking tattoos today on the show. I got a Hooters waitress, very attractive young gal, got pulled over by the cops and she's flirting with this guy so hard to get out of a dui. The cop posted the whole video and she is just shamelessly thinking that, hey, this is how I get out of things. She's not getting out of this one. I got the mugshot and all of that. So again we're gonna be focusing in on the crazy Criminal blog page looking at girls. I got fun facts for you this hour. And then we got Killer Cody back fresh out of bad Head to Head Challenge. He was absolutely You can't say he was lights out because he didn't win the whole tournament, but he was just about like as close as yeah. He wrote it down to the second game or the last game of the year. He was the second best player of twenty twenty four. Here we are at twenty twenty five and he's already back on playing and he destroyed Slow Fast Andrew yesterday. So that's coming up this hour the Horseshoes and hand Grenades Tour right now, Okay, I like that. We're gonna introduce you to Lindsey, who we're just gonna mention her, but we'll meet her tomorrow. She's the one that was chosen to come in first listener ever invited to come in and play. Read my lips am I supposed to like hate her.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know you you might play her, but you you you played Chili, and you don't hate on him. True. Okay, let's just keep it peaceful. I'm not telling you what to do. I'm just saying you have you have played the game without hate in your heart. That's true every other week for the last So I'm used to Chili. I'm used to having to have hate. I see people are up this morning.
Speaker 5: It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: It's like, Dennis is up, Dennis. Good morning. Hey, Dennis, good morning. You got the first phone call today. How are you? I'm doing good. What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 6: I wanted to say if you I've seen the new there's a documentary on Netflix for Norman's Wear Guitars.
Speaker 1: Well, you know I love a documentary, Dennis. I have not heard of this.
Speaker 6: Apparently it's been in La where all the everyone buys guitars from Dave Parl, Tom Eddy, Everyone's been there. It's very good. I watched it last night.
Speaker 1: Do you have to be like super geeky guitar guy, because you know, there's a couple of drummer documentaries out there that I think are good. But I think if you're not a drummer, they might not be as interesting. So do they make it interesting to learn about these guitars?
Speaker 6: Yes, absolutely, I'm not I don't play guitar. I love music, but I don't play guitar. But I really enjoyed the documentary.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you about a very specific guitar if it's mentioned. Sure, Kirk Hammett has a guitar. It's called the Greeny and the original founding members of the of Fleetwood mac and his last name was Green, and he went crazy and sold the guitar and then it became like the Holy Graill of guitars and I think Peter Green, Peter Green, thank you, and he kind of went nuts and then it went through a bunch of different people. But Kirk Hammett now has it and he paid two million dollars for it. I don't know if that's the most expensive one. But does that guitarget mentioned it?
Speaker 6: Did not? This is this guy. He's been selling rare guitars since for like fifty years and that's apparently where everyone goes to buy guitars.
Speaker 1: In La Okay. And you're saying Netflix is streaming this, Yes, Netflix.
Speaker 3: The Colts owner Jim Er said, does he make any appearances in there?
Speaker 1: Because he owns like a lot of the rarest guitars. Ever, yeah, maybe don't real Okay, he probably just gets a guy to go to auction and buy it for him. It sounds like Alex, Dennis and I need to get together and make it documentary on the interesting guitars that we know about. I think we should a real story. People need to see. Dennis. Happy New Year to you, Thank you. I will check that out.
Speaker 7: Happy to hear you.
Speaker 1: Thanks Dennis. All right, here we go on the flip Gonta rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of Bad Head.
Speaker 5: To His Houston for Houston's Alternative and Home at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Good morning, home Room. Thank you guys for joining us in this first hour. I'm getting set up here for the fresh out of bad Head to Head challenge. I mean, are you gonna sit around and wait till Killer Cody does this thing and then call in? Or do you want to beat one of the best players of twenty twenty four. I don't know, it's your call. Mostly cloudy today, I see a ten percent chance of rain. We're gona start talking about more rain as we get into the weekend, but not so much today. High today of around forty five, so not even as warm as we got yesterday. All right, all kinds of crazy things trending. What do you got?
Speaker 3: Well, the first, the number one thing I see everywhere on Twitter right now is the Palisades Fire in California going all We talked about that in headlines. It's just thousands of people having to evacuate homes, lots of damage being done. The videos that are coming out just are terrifying. People's kind of trapped in their homes online.
Speaker 1: These are in densely populated areas where these fires are a lot of times when we talk about the California fires, they're up in the mountains and it's still sucks people's but this is a ton of people in the evacuation that's happening, and it's not far from LA. It's the number one story today, it's our headline and it's the number one thing that's trending. So we're wishing everybody out there the best. Also trending today is Justin Verlander.
Speaker 3: He signed a one year deal with the San Francisco Giants yesterday.
Speaker 1: I mean what they were saying on.
Speaker 3: The news, he could be the player of his generation, very very likely. He did a lot for the Astros here and the Ashers are actually gonna get to see JV and the Giants in their second home series this year March thirty first through April second at dyke In Park, which still feels weird to say, but Jv'll be coming back to town pretty early on in the year.
Speaker 1: She's making some money. This is at the tail end of his career.
Speaker 3: Astros are looking forward, Giants are trying to do something differently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing but great things to say about JV and his time here in Houston. It was all ever gonna boo that guy.
Speaker 3: It was no person is ever gonna I don't know, Chill you are you gonna do JV if he comes back. He's he was an anti wat guy Leven Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, not him.
Speaker 8: I mean, okay, the Astros could have signed them and they didn't. So you know, it's a fair When.
Speaker 1: You go into the Baseball Hall of Fame, you go in as a team. You can pick the team you want. He won't go win as an Astro. Hat is he going as a Detroit Tiger.
Speaker 3: If that was the first thing that I ever drafted, was the team he was on that was I don't know, because he almost had just as good of a career with the Astros. Would I would lean Tigers, But it's not gonna giants will tell you that much.
Speaker 1: No, it's not even the Mets.
Speaker 3: But there's a chance that he would pay. I would say he's probably gonna lean towards the Tigers.
Speaker 1: Me too, I think that.
Speaker 3: And then Golf of America is also trending the Gulf of America.
Speaker 1: You're like, what in a press conference yesterday, uh Trump said the uh, the Gulf of Mexico will be renamed the Gulf of America. Now you don't got to invade Like I know, he wants Canada and he wants Greenland and can't invade it. Golf. He wants Panama. He's like, it's a beautiful ring. It covers a lot of territory. What a beautiful name. So I don't know if there's any paperwork that needs to happen, but he just said he's going to start referring to it as the Gulf of America.
Speaker 3: I kind of like it, right, Like I would drop more America stuff that's pretty sid.
Speaker 1: Not even in there, and make it changes. That's what's trending on I said to me hashtag golf of America. I don't hate it all right, where's our guy here?
Speaker 9: Well, good morning, everybody. Killer Cody is back on the scene. Last year was my first trip to the fresh out of bed head to Head Hall of Fame, and I rode the brackets to the last game of the year. But I have unfinished business because I didn't win at all. So now I'm your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion from four games away from getting back in the hall. Join me on Wednesday when I'll make it win number two fitches.
Speaker 1: If you missed that game yesterday. He sounds like he's in championship form, so every phone line's ringing. People want to play him. Here's the chili peppers on the bus. I need four or five buzz right hot chili peppers in black Summer Rob Ryan's show on a wild card Wednesday. Thank you for joining us in homeroom. I got no advisories just other than my advice is wear something warm this morning, a sweater or a hat. I had to put a two gun. My head was cold, mostly cloudy today eies up around forty five. It's in the low thirties right now, but when not freezing, feels like twenty nine outside. Let's play a game, and.
Speaker 10: Now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: First time Hall of Famer really made a name for himself last year, like he said in his speech, going and playing the last game of the year Friday, December twentieth, he lost to Adam mccopp killer Cody once back in good morning, Good morning brother, a great game yesterday, dude, thank you you are taking on Jeff, Good morning, Good morning sir. Well all right, yeah, Jeff, welcome back to the game you played last year. Huh Yeah, I didn't do so good last year. Now, okay, have you been in the hall?
Speaker 6: I have?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How many times? Scotts, Oh just one time? One time home? Okay, so I got a couple of one time Hof's square.
Speaker 2: I played the last game year before last.
Speaker 1: You did. Yeah, wow, that's amazing. Well, it looks like Chili's finally caught up to my Shenanigans in the winner today gets a Rod Ryan Show T shirt. So all you gotta do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. My name is Jeff, Killer Cody. Here comes your questions. Killer Cody does not return the good luck at all. He's the killer. Question number one, what is the most common thing hit? Cody? Cody, punch a bag A little early on that, bro, a little early on that. My name is Jeff. What is the most common thing hit with a baseball? Bat? Baseball? Welcome back to the game. Thank you, Jeff's on the board. Question number two, Killer Cody. My name is Jeff. Feel Good Ink is a song by what buzz band?
Speaker 3: Cody's later, but Cody got in Cody.
Speaker 1: As an answer one, feel Good Ink is a song by what buzz band? My name is Jeff. Two one the Gorillas. Remember last year, I didn't know they were saying he is good, Yeah, he is good. I didn't know if they were saying the name of this song. I thought they were doing that. We've also had to accept Dala Saul. Yeah, yeah, they were part of that song. A music question of a heavily played song here on ninety four to five of the buzz nobody knew all right? Here we go next question. I'm going to hear from people about that question. Yeah, I thought it was easy. I did too. All right, what is the lowest army rank of a US soldier? Cody? Answer in three two one, Cody, I didn't hear you. Here we go go on a blank on everything this morning. My name is Jeff. What is the lowest army rank of a US soldier?
Speaker 3: Private?
Speaker 1: Private? Is correct? I was waiting, when are we going to get a Monday game? Oh? Wednesday? That was a very very Monday game, Killer Cody. I'm I don't believe it's you. I don't. I think this is Killer Cody a I or or something in a beta test. And it doesn't sound like you this morning, dude at all. Had a bit of a late night. Ah okay, all right, okay, all your laptop, all right, Killer Cody. One pump back to back to back one pump chumps. But how does the guy that plays the last game of the year become a one pump chump? I know, maybe you got a little too cocky. I don't know. My name is Do you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Josh?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, O, sure do you?
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, welcome back to the game.
Speaker 5: Wow, The rod Ryan Show Mornings on.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four or five the Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Well, I don't know what you think of that game. The worst of the year so far, okay, but still entertaining, entertaining. I'll say what you need. As long as you entertained me. I'm happy. I just I'm working on his victory speech and I'm just like, what is going on here? Jeff and Hal sound the same, says Megan. I don't get that at all. I used to accuse. I used to accuse maybe, but I used to accuse Hall and Buffalo Bill being the same person. They were very lotion Lotion, the loser, we we're I used to accuse them of sounding similar. I saw Buffalo Bill commenting on something on Facebook over the Christmas break. He's out there. I miss him. He's out there. He hasn't played in a couple of years. Yeah, And when I do see him on there, I'll say, dude, we miss you. Boom, would love to have you back on fresh out of bed, head to head. I also think Frank the Tank is out there a little bit, kind of just just in the woods, in the weeds, just looking and seeing what's going on? He calls every now and then. I just think these guys that you hear just have stepped it up so much. Are animals calling? And mostly cloudy today ten percent chance of rain high at forty five.
Speaker 10: Bring them the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 11: My name is Cheff Schucking everybody in twenty twenty five because I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion, turning Killer Cody into one put chump. I'm also a one time Hall of Famer inviting you to join me on Thursday. When I make the win number two pitches.
Speaker 1: It does kind of have a little hall in a good mood sound to him. Maybe Hal was really happy, maybe had a good time with Mama Cash and before yeah, let's go. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart in your buddies, it's the fuck that to the day. Happy birthday to Elvis on my fun Facts today. A couple of things here. Seventy nine years ago, teen forty six, Elvis Presley received his first guitar for his eleventh birthday. Thank god they got him that guitar. Yeah right, thirty two years ago. In nineteen ninety three, a twenty nine cent Elvis postage stamp was issued at the post office near Graceland, and back then, fans got to vote did you want skinny Elvis or fat Elvis on the stamp? Skinny Elvis won, Yeah, obvious, So that's kind of cool. That Elvis postage stamp was a big, big house in my house, Like my wife asked them, fray as a sheet framed? I had it. I don't know where it is. When Elvis Presley died, he was worth about five million dollars. His last estate was estimated in twenty twenty two at five hundred million dollars. You know how I do it on this show. That's all one, fun fact, all one. I could be done with the bit right now. A lot of places don't do that. But I had to tell you this morning that we all currently have hemorrhoids. They're just not not all of us are inflamed. That is, how's your roids? Not inflamed? Everyone has them? You could you could walk up to everybody and ask him how's your hemorrhoids? Today?
Speaker 3: You should start doing that with every caller, Hey, how's your hemorrhights. Howids doing.
Speaker 1: The most common street name in the United States of America is Second Street. That's neat. Yeah, you're like, well, wait a minute. If there's a second street, there must be first Street. I have a name for that, Main Street. A lot of places will alter between Main Street and First Street, and then a lot of streets after Main Street are Second Street. So if you're splitting First Street, then second Street is the most popular. Guys, come on, it's not a fuck.
Speaker 2: That's to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart. Everybody's to the day. Pierce the June twelfth Woodland's Pavilion. Uh, Daddy's got tickets for you right now, if you if you know it's The first script for et was a horror movie. Steven Spielberg said, Nah, this needs to be turned into a family flick. He took the horror portions of that movie and rewrote it to become this movie. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. There's my guy right there on the phone. He's never coming back. Hi, hel brother, I'm coming back. I'm inviting you to join us in studio anytime. You leave it when I see it. You come in when you're ready, big guy, I mean they're Friday, okay, I'd love to see you. Sure you will. Did we say something wrong at the Christmas party? Because if we haven't seen him since we got him? Nice Gus, I thought it was nice. I got no invite, I had no invite. How'd you doing Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 12: I gave a little back yesterday The Dow was down one hundred and seventy eight points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand, five hundred and twenty eight. Nag Stack down three hundred and seventy five to nineteen thousand and four eighty nine. Benchmarten, your treasury is trading at a four point seventy two percent in oil census seventy four dollars seventy three cents a barrel to the most act is the big studs at three M Johnson and Johnson and Chevron, the big duds Navidia, Amazon, and Horizon. On the economic calendar, this morning, we'll get numbers on consumer credit for December. Right now, futures they are on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out of here.
Speaker 12: This is haland managing director, with Ramy James putting for the right arm. So for Aramy James on San filip and Augusta and don't get to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 5: Beman's expressed are those of Howland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmison.
Speaker 1: We'll continue.
Speaker 5: If this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to RAND. If this program is our educational on informational services on episodes, it's based on movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young ninety four or five The Buzz. David joins us at home room. Good morning David, Good morning to you, sir. Great having you on fun Fact flashback. The first script for ET was actually gonna be a horror movie. Steven Spielberg said no, no, no, Let's make this a family movie. Let's take the scary parts and turn it into this movie. What's this movie? Man?
Speaker 3: I learned this yesterday.
Speaker 1: Poltry guys. Yeah, it's Steven Spielberg is a genius. Pierce the Veil, June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion. David, you're in. Yes, my story is gonna be so exciting. Oh right, that puts such a smile on my face. Dude, Dad in here. Cool, great, great job, David, Thank you, Hey, Alexa. Play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio nine four point five to bus station from iHeart Radio The Rod Ruggan Show on ninety four five. Wrang out a buzz ninety four or five The Buzz. Good morning, Ron Ryan Show. It's green day. We have most of the cloudy's guys today, only a ten percent chance of rain, high at forty five tomorrow rain and then on the overnight if it gets some rain, it's still gonna get cold on the overnight. I mean it's not quite freezing. It is. No, it's not thirty seven out there now. We'll see ice today of only forty five, but we'll be talking rain the next couple of days. That could affect traffic. I know you guys are dealing with some nasty traffic out there right now. In a horrible fatality incident that's out there on the road. So be safe out on the roads. Everybody. Please, We're gonna play. We're gonna play. Don't be a pig for Deftones tickets coming up closer to around seven twenty this morning. Right now, my man Alex has Houston's headlines. Well, good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: A fast moving wildfire is threatened homes and force thousands of people to flee and evacuate their homes in California. It's being fueled by the Santa Anita winds. Fire is in a Palisades, which is some of the most expensive real estate and the neighborhoods in the state. That doesn't make it any different, but it's just more notable because now you're seeing just a bunch of expensive stuff getting burned one of the big you mentioned it, but the highly populated area is.
Speaker 1: Yes, And the huge part of this is these It's not just I mean, the winds are crazy. They're blowing embers everywhere. And that's what's this thing is spreading. Why they say spreading like wildfire, that's what it's doing right now.
Speaker 3: We had a Nation in studio and he was talking It was right during a wildfire, and he was talking about how like the people have private high firefighters that are doing stuff, and it's just like you're trying to look out for your neighbor doing one thing. And he had his neighbors spraying down his house trying to make sure it was safe.
Speaker 1: It was crazy what he was explaining. He lives in Malibu and he wasn't far from Pam Anderson. Yeah, and he said it had sprinkler systems set up to the perimeter. And I remember that discussion.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, we focus on like flooding here and up north it's it's snow and over there. Like I didn't even think about it, like having a sprinkler system just in case there's fight wildfires.
Speaker 1: That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: President elect Donald Trump has voiced his desire for the US to acquire Greenland, the Panama Canal, the Gulf of Mexico, and even Canada, claiming that they are critical to American national security. Rod what are your thoughts on Canada just becoming America. I mean that would make you very happy, right.
Speaker 1: I think Trudeau who exited as the Prime Minister of Canada, like he resigned, yea in is out like going out the door. He said, oh yeah, and a Snowball's chance in hell is exactly what he said, that we're ever going to like sell or just become the fifty first state of America. Yeah, he just said it's not going to happen. Well, you're leaving, dude, So I don't know if that, you know, you just have any power anymore. Yeah, I don't know. I mean, you know, people are saying that Trump's playing like a real game of Monopoly right now or risk. Yeah, it's like real life risk. So yeah, I don't know. I mean, the Golf of America.
Speaker 3: This just calling stuff that I don't know about taking over stuff, but calling something the Golf of America sounds awesome.
Speaker 1: I did see one TikTok video. One gun toting Canadian was hanging an American flag and said, take us Trump, I'm ready. Okay, So the board doesn't think a couple What if.
Speaker 3: We just decided about whoever has the Stanley Cup gets that country.
Speaker 1: So I guess America has Canada now. And there's one thing about Canadians I know is they're proud to be Canadians, and I know that we'll try to be Textans. You can just have it's Canadas the state now most people up in Canada are not going to want that to happen, do They'll They'll just be the new Texas.
Speaker 3: Basically, when asked if he would rule out using military or economic force to achieve any of these things, Trump said, I can't assure you on either of those two. But Panama, Canada and Denmark, who's in charge of Greenland, basically have rejected any suggestions that they're going to give up any of that territory. The Girl Scouts are getting rid of two beloved cookie flavors. They've announced that this will be the final year to get some Moors and toast Yas, so stock up on those if they're your favorite. It's the first time the Girl Scouts have ever announced that they're they're discontinuing a flavor ahead of time. Girl Scouts sees and runs now through April. I never knew when the season is.
Speaker 1: I just know when I go to a grocery store, what's up, snip, I'll take a couple. I'll take a couple of thin mints. I think like pre orders start.
Speaker 3: Soon and somebody in the office will bring it around and then they'll get fifty dollars out of me and that's.
Speaker 1: How that works. I always feel that it's on the tail end of when I'm losing the battle on my New Year's resolution. Right, it's usually two or three months into the year that the snipers are in front of you know, Low's and home depots. Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 3: Have you ever felt like your popcorn bucket wasn't big enough? Maybe maybe popcorn buckets in general aren't big enough. Well, if so, you're in luck because Cinema Theaters is offering a five dollars bring your own popcorn bucket promotion similar to seven to eleven that you bring in whatever you wanted to put a slushy in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only catches that it can't be more than four hundred dounce is which is the size of two extra large popcorns. If you're still upset about that, that's three gallons. So you should be good for any movie that you want to go see. You can bring any container that fits the size, as long as it's clean, sanitized, and can hold popcorn in it. Popcorn buckets have been a big thing ever since the Dune popcorn bucket. They had the oh it looked like the flesh light well, yeah, then they had the Wolverine and Deadpool one where I think it was the mouths and now I saw the Gladiator two to one was just the big colisseum.
Speaker 1: I think they did something for Nosferatu as well, maybe a coffin a popcorn like that, full of a coffin full of popcorn. But I mean I like the idea.
Speaker 3: I like the idea of the promotion starts on January nineteenth, which happens to be National Popcorn Day. A developer accidentally destroyed the childhood home of acdc's Malcolm and Angus Young. The house in Burwood, Australia, which is right outside of Sydney had been added to the legal Register of Historic Homes in twenty thirteen, but the register didn't have the legal status to protect it. Fans were obviously upset by the news, but the development company said that they didn't know.
Speaker 1: They didn't do it on purpose.
Speaker 3: Basically they didn't know that it was a historic place because the previous owner and never told him about the story, little significance of the house.
Speaker 1: Trying to think what we have here, I mean, is Elvis's childhood We don't. We all know Grace is there, but is Elvis's childhood shanty that he was born and raised in.
Speaker 3: Is the Jazz right in New Orleans that they have the house that's Domino, that's Domino.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's certain ones that they get that. I don't know how that wasn't his childhood home. That was his home. Yeah, that was his home after he was already a famous, you know, rock star.
Speaker 3: So at a certain point, like some stuff has to become other stuff. I get it. You're like they live there, Like if was it a like could you tour it? I don't know if you could tour it? Or I wont I think Kurt Cobain's childhood home might be protected?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: Is it protected as in like it's protected because it's a museum and you can walk in and see it, or is it just protected like don't don't don't go there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's privately owned. But I don't think they can tear it down. Okay, I think that's how that works.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They do still plan on building a bar cafe on the grounds where the house once stood. So now to Alex and Sports, Alex Sports, Well, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: The Rockets got to win last night.
Speaker 3: They beat the Wizards one thirty five to one twelve Jalen Green at twenty nine points in the night to lead all players in scoring.
Speaker 1: Rockets are not twenty four and twelve on the season.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have a day off today with it at the Grizzies tomorrow night in Memphis. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 13: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four or five, The Buzz that's Lincoln Park and lying from you. Good morning, brod Ryan Show on a wild card Wednesday. Lots of stuff for you to look at on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. You know, some days are better than others, and I feel like we've been really really strong, I mean much the chilies dismay. I've been sending them a lot of stuff. But the information about that it's only one day on that National Popcorn Day that you can bring in your own container. But it's gotta make sense. That's gonna kill them if they do that a week. Yeah, and it's gotta be two gallons or less. So one of those buckets.
Speaker 3: I thought it was three gallons, oh, four hundred okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, check that. Then I thought it was too maybe it's three. I just knew that. What I would call anybody that's ever done anything in the in the kitchen at a restaurant, you call it a pickle bucket. That's a five gallon bucket. That's the kind of bucket that you buy at home depot or lows. That's a five gallon bucket. You can't fill that thing full of popcorn. What's the gallonage? Any gallon? What radio shows doing ounces to gallons ratios live? I can't even add two plus two, it's three gallons, Okay, So information like that. The Hooters I think kind of like the rapper that his gun went off during the podcast yesterday we talked so much about. I think there's two stories. There is the the Hooters gal that got pulled over by a cop and she's it's like the chest cam video of the cop that he released. She's so flirting with this guy to try to get out of it. And I imagine that works on a lot of things. I mean, you're you're a twenty two year old Hooters girl, you're pretty. I bet you get out of a lot of things. And I bet you can use that to your advantage on a lot of things. Scott's not having it, but she doesn't stop. She's really trying to get out of this ticket because she knows it's bad. You know, she messed up. So I've got that on the Crazy Criminal blog page. Then I got a story about a kid. I think she's ten. I haven't seen anything that unless we're getting gotten this early in the year, I don't want to get got. This one looks legit. A ten year old with parental consent, got a tattoo. She came in she wanted Trump, which, again a lot of this is like, okay, is this for real? What little girl wants Trump on her neck? A tattoo of Trump on the neck? The tattoo artist talks her out of it, and the parents out of it. Parents are okay with it, and there's some nutty parents out there. Talks her out of the neck tattoo talks her into and the parents. A flag on the arm. She's ten years old. I think she's got a flag tattoo on her arm. It looks real American flag, an American flago.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: I feel like so on the scale of things you would regret getting, not saying she won't regret getting a tattoo at all.
Speaker 1: American flag flag is probably safe. It's solid, it's always a tattoo. It's just nine years old. Okay, that's it's nineteen years old. But she got consent. I guess, should kids under eighteen be allowed to get a tattoo with parental consent? No, I'm telling you I'm voting no on this. As a father, I will also vote no on this. Seventy four percent of our audience says no. Twenty percent say yeah, I'm the parent. I know what's best for my kid. I know what's best for my kid. No, you don't, not if you're getting not if your kid's getting a tattoo under eighteen, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Maybe at like sixteen, if you like really have something that's like meaningful, I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: You know for a fact what you think is cool at sixteen. I mean you already don't think is cool as a nineteen year old. I don't regret any of my tattoos.
Speaker 3: Just keep your teams your states like you're you're never going to change your team unless you're a bad fan.
Speaker 1: I got a link up for this tattoo thing. We'll talk more about it, but that's my Pole question this morning. I was seventeen when I got mine. Did they ask you?
Speaker 3: I revided an identification, Brian Keel, you lied, I'm Richmond, Virginia, so you.
Speaker 1: Had to be eighteen. You lied about your You get my fake ID to get your tattoo, and.
Speaker 3: The Giants wins Super Bowl that year and the Red Rings also in the Stanley Cap in the same year. So really I won championships by doing that at an underage.
Speaker 1: Your first two tattoos were at seventeen, yes, and you don't regret them, My teams, that's not helping my narrative. I know.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, just to be Devil's advocate, nine is too young. I think my mine's absolutely too young. Your brain's not even close to being fully developed.
Speaker 1: My first tattoo was twenty five, okay, but you know I'm glad I waited and I don't regret it. I don't regret any of my tattoos. Would I get them today? No, but I don't regret them part of like where I was in that space. But would I go get the exact same thing today in the same spot. The answer is no, not all of them, but some of them. You know, so that's an interesting thing. We'll talk more about that today. Tomorrow we are going to meet Lindsay and Selmo. She was chosen. She's the chosen one to come in tomorrow to play Read My Lips. First time ever a listener is going to come in a family member. Really, you guys, listen, family members coming in to play read my Lips. Who's she gonna play tomorrow? I don't know. We'll have to flip a coin. So that's going on. And then we got a game today that we were supposed to play yesterday. We're gonna play Don't Be a Pig coming up. That's how you're gonna win your Deftones tickets. I'll tell you, I'm all about game. We will do an example round with the Twins coming up. Okay, but yeah, Deftones tickets. What's trending? Rec check all on the flip of this break.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everyone to your wild Card Wednesday. Got a game we're getting set up for. We're gonna do an example round. Chilly, get those headphones ready. You know I'm coming to you. We're gonna play Don't Be a pig for Deftones tickets. We've mostly cloudy skies, we have low chances of rain. Tomorrow we'll be talking much more rain for sure. Today high of around forty five. All right, my man, Alex over there looking what's trending? Well, obviously, the first thing is wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 3: I did get a chance to take a look in the break and Cecilia Rose is today's feature number one on the year.
Speaker 1: Did I tell you that? Submitted to us by our good buddy Rick. I go, welcome to your new number one on the year. Were correct? Okay, yeah, go check out. Let's go number one on the air. It's really good.
Speaker 3: I mean there's only three the top ten, but number one, so go check her out.
Speaker 1: Greenland also trending. Trump wants Greenland? Is it going to be renamed Red, White, and Blue Land? I think you have to, right, because he wants to rename the Gulf of Mexico Gulf of America. So Trump would just said to him, going green Canada, America, Canada there, Canada, America.
Speaker 3: It's just Canada's the state. Yeah, merge the Dakotas north of South Dakota or just Dakota. And then Canada is the other state, and then you want to add Greenland, merge the Carolinas.
Speaker 1: Trump wants the Panama Canal. He wants Canada, he wants Greenland. He doesn't want Cano. He just wants the canal. Right, I think so, And I think Junior Donald Trump Junior was in Greenland yesterday. Didn't meet with any officials, just like just hey, there's a Trump here with this. I would like this.
Speaker 3: Wild great Wall of China. Can we can we get that? That'd be cool.
Speaker 1: Just take the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just the wall. Also is retired Girls Scout cookies. You kind of talked about that in the headlines. The Toasts and some Moors are gone after this Girl Scouts season.
Speaker 1: The season goes now through April.
Speaker 3: So if you are a Somemors or Toasts fan, time to stop up, maybe by a deep freezer. Listen, you can have those bad boys on stock. They're definitely coming back though after two years probably.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you like. I took some sort of a marketing class in college. It was all a part of the mass calm thing. This is brilliant. You take your two turds, you make rib it, you take your yeah, but you take your two turns that aren't selling. You say, listen, this is your last chance to get them. Your two turns become the most popular flavors because this is your last shot at them. Then they like, quote unquote go away, and then like you said, yeah, they'll be back into your vault. But that's what's trending. On ninety four five to the bus. Okay, we're gonna play a game here. Do do doo too too, boy, it's been a while even know where these I think it's here. Don't be a oh it is there. Don't be a pig. Yeah, the name of the game, don't be a got you pig? Well I say that one for Chili, But the name of the game don't don't be a pig? Chili? Can you? Can you come in at just can you come in at PG thirteen? On this I'm not even asking you to come in as a Pixar movie. I'm asking you to come in at PG thirteen.
Speaker 2: I will possible, I will do my best.
Speaker 1: Make no promises, though, buddy. Okay, yeah, this is how you play Don't be a Pig. I'm going to give you three clues. I'm looking for a word. The clues are leading you to believe that I'm looking for something that's dirty or in this case, something that maybe we can't say on the radio. Okay, Oh, don't be a pig. Is the name of the game. That's right here, right, don't be a pig? Chili hmm. I'm a four letter word. Oh, I've got that easily. I'm a four letter word. Please, don't be a pig. What is the word I'm looking for? There's plenty of four letter words that starting to app that we can say. Farm just comes to mind.
Speaker 2: Farmers dot Com.
Speaker 1: I'm a four letter word. Okay, you have a guess. Oh god, don't say it food. Not a bad guess. Not a bad guess. Thank you for coming in at PG thirteen. I told you I could start with I'm a four letter word. Isn't gonna help? I end in U c K. My boy, No, is it a duck? Is it a duck? Okay? Now this is where you guys get the tag team because we only have we have limited people on the show. I'm a four letter word. I end in U c K. If you've got me, you score it's Is.
Speaker 2: There an eye involved in it?
Speaker 1: I think it's a buck. Yeah. If you've got me, you score. If you've got to think about if, if you've got yep, if you got me luck, it's luck. It's luck. Huh it's luck. Yeah, we get we get Yeah. I would I.
Speaker 3: Would have gone with Puck if you had not me directed me. But I stick out that as a win. The personal you two Eiffel Towering is something that is going to haunt, haunt my dreams.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's how you do it. But I need three individuals to call in to play. Don't be a pig. Each of you gets a clue. People have gotten it on the first and second clue before seven one three, two one two, five, four five. You're playing for Deftones tickets. It's not even four or five. The buzz mom, let's play the game here, ninety four or five buzz with incubus. Rod Ryan's show not quite as warm as yesterday. That's not what I want to hear. Hide today at forty five mostly cloudy sky's slight chance of rain tomorrow we're gonna be talking in terms of rain, so I don't know. There's a chance for it to freeze on the overnight and that stuff. Moving forward in the next couple of days. So if you took the time to do the rapping of the pipes, obviously you're just gonna keep all that stuff wrapped up, all right, At least that's what I'm doing at my crip. The Depttones are coming to town. I know my man Chili is super excited about that. Had we been playing that example around for tickets, the Twins would be going to that show. Yeah we would. They got nothing for that, Okay, but you now get a chance to play the same game. Don't be a pig for Deptones Mars Volta tickets March sixteenth, Toyota Center. And we know that the Toyota Center they do their own thing with their tickets. They like to direct you to Toyota Center dot com to buy your tickets. Okay, don't be a pig. Good job, guys, done without the visual of you and Chile in the Eiffel Tower position. But I can't. It's what do they say, the kids say, it's living rent free. In my brain right now, I need three of you to call in to try to play and to actually to play that. You don't be a pig game. You each get an individual clue, and I'm looking for something very very specific in this one too, and I think it'll settle apart by this first clue, Justin, you got through first in the history of this In the history of this game, I can tell you several meaning. I think three people have gotten this on the first clue, Justin. Good luck to you your first clue. Hey, Justin, how's your hemorrhoids? Everyone has them? Learn I learned that today on the fun Facts that it's not a big deal. If you ask everybody how's your hemorrhids and it's like not flaring up, it means you don't. You know, you think you don't have them. Everyone has them. It's just whether not they're you know, sticking out, I guess, or whatever they do. All Right, I'm sorry, Justin. Here we go. Please focus in. Don't be a pig. Athletic men oh dismeo. Athletic men are always on my box. Come on, I mean, got your pig?
Speaker 3: No not.
Speaker 1: Uh, justin, Athletic men are always on my box.
Speaker 4: Catch up or ketchup catcher.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad guess. That's not a bad guess, Justin. I'm gonna tell you to hang on though, Okay, okay, all right, Caller number eleven would be our second player. It'd be Danielle. Danielle, good morning, Good morning, Hey Danielle, welcome to don't be You sound nice and sweet. I don't think we're gonna have a problem with you, all right. Athletic men are always on my box. Your next clue, Danielle, is I get limp if I sit around too long.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go with weedy cereal.
Speaker 1: That's a correct answer.
Speaker 3: Two clues.
Speaker 1: Wow to clues, Danielle. I was thinking this was so hard. I was thinking of circling back to Justin after I gave the three clues that Melissa might not get that third clue. Are you kidding me, Danielle, you just won. Don't be a pig? Well done. I'm so excited. Athletic men are always on my box. I get limp if I sit around too long. Oh Jesus, Mary and Joejoseph. The third clue is going to be I'm usually eating in the morning. Come on, she won enough with the clues. You want to go see the depthtones.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I've been trying to get these tickets, especially for my fiance. It's going to be his birthday.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Well listen, have a great time. Deptones Mars Volta March sixteenth, Toyota Center. Then yell, you're not a pig. You're awesome.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 13: Rod Ryan Show, all right, an Empire upon Empire on.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, bad omens and just pretend. Rod Ryan Show Wild Card Wednesday. It is our number one link today. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy, high forty five Today, I got another poll question for you. I'm like crazy for pole questions this year. I know yesterday was Tattooesday, but I didn't see the story until today. People online were talking about a tattoo artist in Arizona, and now I've got the story straight. He gave a nine year old girl a tattoo. It is legal for kids in Arizona with their parents' consent. Any age. Doesn't say you have to be a teen, doesn't say you have to be right around eighteen, at seventeen or sixteen. It's a nine year old now. It happened last year, but he's just kind of posting the video right now. Girl comes in with her parents asking for a neck tattoo of Donald Trump. The parents are okay with it. He talked her into getting an American flag tattoo on her arm. He said, I'll do the trump one if you come back next year. But what I will do for you, and this is again, this is legal in Arizona, you know. And tattoo artists listen, they're a good group of people, man. You know, I know that. You know. The guy that I go to, he's like, portraits aren't my thing. If somebody comes in and wants a portrait, I'm not doing it. Go to a portrait specialist. If somebody wants a tattoo on their face and you don't think it's right for them, tattoo artists will say, listen, I'm not doing that. You know. I asked them other what if somebody wants to, you know, a tattoo on their ding dong. He's like, yeah, I don't think I would do that. You know, you don't have to. So this guy, he talks the girl out of the and the parents out of the neck tattoo, says I'll do it for you next year, but I will put a flag on your arm. She came back when the year was up and just told him I don't want the neck tattoo. See kids, what a difference a year makes, man, when you're nine and ten years old. Man, she just came in for the flag touch up. So I got a video of this. It is completely legal. My question on the X this morning, should with parent consent tattoos be legal for kids under eighteen? A lot of parents don't want to be told what to do with their children. I'm one of those, but I voted no. I voted no, not even with parents' consent. Okenny, No, I think eighteen is the cutoff it'd be, And I don't want to raise it either, because you're a dummy at eighteen. I'll just tell you right now. I'm sorry. If you're seventeen, eighteen years old, you're like, who's this old man on the radio telling me that I'm dumb? You're dumb? Okay, you're dumb on that stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm dumb at my age now, but I was more dumb then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I didn't fully form thoughts at that point. My question, should kids under eighteen be allowed to get a tattoo with parental consent? Seventy three percent of our audience says no, twenty percent says yes, and six percent of our audience is not sure. Todd Voss rod, I'll admit I voted yes that it should be allowed. With that, I would not allow either of my kids to get a tattoo before eighteen. I think it's the parent's choice if they want to exhibit that they have the same level of wisdom as their child. It's backhanded yes that he voted for. I see what he's going there, Dottie says. Normally, I would say absolutely not. No tattoos under eighteen, even older. In my case, my husband and I have three daughters sixteen, thirteen, ten. I would never let that happen. However, when I was in high school, we had four classmates pass away during our senior year. One of those kids that passed in a car accident was a football player and a lot of his good friends. Genuinely a good guy. A lot of his team members got permission from their parents and they got his name tattooed on their arms, back and legs. I still know two of the guys, and I would say they don't regret that tattoo at all. So I remember my first tattoo artists talking about tribute tattoos, and he said people come in running hot right after somebody got shot, right after somebody got in a car accident. And I'm telling you you're and I'm not saying that you're not going to be emotional two days later, three days later, a week later, or a month later. If you love that person, you love that person. But he said that people would come in hot day of day after so emotional, wanting these huge tribute pieces. Man, take some time, take a little time. If you love that person, you love that person a month later or absolutely absolutely. So that's just another thing. But he said, young kids and how many times kids were doing this? How many times did you get a tattoo?
Speaker 3: And like you thought about it later, I wish I could have if I had done just this slightly different, you know, like you still like what you got, but like you always are gonna want to change stuff, and like when you're running hot like that, Yeah, it's very easy to like maybe not love the way it.
Speaker 1: Was done later on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know I do get those though, But like I feel like nine is so young.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: If it was between like a nine and like a sixteen year old, dude, it's insane.
Speaker 1: You're not the same nine and twelve ten. The girl, already at ten years old, said, I don't want the Trump tattoo on my neck.
Speaker 3: I mean, I understand like the high school kids like, okay, I understand the logic behind that, but I get it. That's you're more fully formed as like a person at that.
Speaker 1: Point, I get it, all right. Well, it's an interesting question. It's on the X at rod Ryan Show, the Students Rocking Alternatives, The.
Speaker 5: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Bus City four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Blink What eighty two as we come up on the Halfway Point World premiere Lumineers eight twenty this morning. I'll work in some Monster Jam tickets for you in this eight o'clock hour as well. It's another four pack with pit passes for this Saturday, Feb one show at Energy Stadium. There's three monster jams coming up. Buzzfest tickets early in the nine o'clock hour. Not gonna be even as warm as it was yesterday. We're gonna top out today at around forty five. Should be low on the rain, mostly cloudy today, but more rain coming tomorrow. Alex has Houston's headlines. Yes, good morning, everybody.
Speaker 3: A fast moving wildfires threatened homes and force thousands of people in California to evacuate those homes. It's being fueled by the Santa Anita winds in The fire is in the California Palisades, which also includes some of the most expensive neighborhoods and most populated neighborhoods in the entire state. Officials are warning of worsening wind conditions that could force more residents to flee over the upcoming days. Jimmy Carter's body is going to lie in state in the US Capitol Rotunda for the next several days so the Congress members can pay their respects. The former president will lea He then be laid to rest in his home in Georgia next to his wife, Rosalind. Carter passed away back on December twenty ninth at the age of one hundred.
Speaker 1: I was watching They've got a member of the military on the four corners of the of the casket and they stand there expressionless, motionless. I'm assuming that it's the Army, Navy, Air Force, or some marines.
Speaker 14: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they're standing there and they don't move. I don't know. Like I mean, I've seen the changing of the guard in Washington. It's always impressive. It's the most impressive thing ever. But the discipline and just to stand there and not budge it's crazy, yeah, you know, to see the people coming and paying their respects. It's just the discipline, just the crispness of the uniforms and everything, and just them standing there. It's like those guards in England, you know that don't make they don't break face ever. It's just I don't have that. I like, I get it. I shouldn't do it at all. I get it. You know something. Yeah our one Yeah yeah, somebody would toot, I'd laugh, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh. The NFL playoffs are a big deal, so some teams are gonna be offering giant sized food items to their playoffs menus.
Speaker 1: This weekend, Texans are one of those teams.
Speaker 3: They'll be offering up what's called a Bigger than Texas Tomali. It's pretty much just a giant tomali with meat, chili, sauce, and salsa. At Arrowhead Stadium, Chiefs fans can get Touchdown toast, which is a massive brick of French toasts with berry sauce and vanilla cream. And in Philadelphia the Eagles will offer what's called a Pretzel John, which is a giant pretzel in the shape of the Eagles logo that comes with green mustard.
Speaker 1: I thoughts, what are your thoughts? The tamali is perfect. I know that they vary in size, you know, depending on how you know. It's just like getting a bunch of makes it. I don't think ours is a good one. I don't think ours is don't I don't need a bigger tomali. And here's where this is where my basis is. I don't need a bigger chicken wing. Okay, think about think about you got wings, you got the flats, and then you got the the leg or the you don't have a regular chicken leg. Yeah, Like just fry that and put and put hot sauce on it. It's not the same. It's not a chicken wing anymore. There's a ratio between skin. There's a ratio between the skin, the meat and the sauce that makes the chicken wing one of the most perfect foods on the planet. I think that the tamali is perfect. They're going to ruin it the way that it is. Do I need more masa piled on something that's actually what I need the most of. I don't masa. I don't need more of any of that. Masa is the outside part, the corn yeah part, well, no inside, the inside the corn husk. Chili, Can we have help here? No, the meat is encased in masa. I thought you would never ask chili, do you want a bigger tomali? Or or Tomali's kind of perfect in size.
Speaker 2: It depends on the person.
Speaker 8: But this one specifically is too be Yeah, I mean it's gonna it's not gonna give you the perfect ratio of like, uh, thank.
Speaker 1: You to meat, thank you, gravy and all that stuff.
Speaker 8: You know, it's gonna it's gonna either make it or ruin for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically, that's all I can say. So what I was saying before is like there's you know, for for wings, it's drums or flats, the drumstick. There's a drumstick on a chicken, like a big old drumstick. Again, that being fried with hot sauce on it, it doesn't do it for me. It's too much meat. That's a good point. So I don't think ours is the body that's.
Speaker 3: Too much The massive brick of French toest does sound awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't get too much bread.
Speaker 3: It's like just a big pancake, cool pretzels, garbage because it's Philadelphia, all right?
Speaker 1: What else is this music from The Shining?
Speaker 9: It is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So if you like horror movies, specifically The Shining, you can now watch it at the Overlook Hotel. For the movies forty fifth anniversary, you're gonna be able to go to the Timberland Lodge in Mount Hood, Oregon, which is where they shot the exterior shots of that hotel in the movies. The interior shots are done in England. Special screening is not gonna be until October fifth. Tickets are seventy five dollars a person. It's also gonna include access to the lodge for the day and at discount of rate.
Speaker 1: If you want to stay in a spooky hotel horror. I wouldn't do it. I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I watched The Shining once. I'm not gonna watch it again. They're called horror movie fanatics. Yeah, they will go to this absolutely well, they will flock to it. If this is a limited thing festival, it'll sell out whatever, I mean, whatever they're making available. Yeah, they're making available. And you know who's still live? Those two little twins, the Twin Girls. They're obviously no, they're old ladies now because that's a fifty year old movie, but they're still around. If you turn the corner and they're sitting there with those dresses on good Night, good.
Speaker 3: Night, that would be the worst Buzzfest co headliner Marylyn Manson celebrated his fifty.
Speaker 1: Sixth birthday with a party in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Some guests at that party included Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins, Filters, Richard Patrick folly In Versus Ronnie Radkey, and John Five from Motley Crue. In a video of the celebration on Instagram with guests singing him Happy Birthday, Manson also announced that he was celebrating four years of sobriety. So happy birthday to Marilyn Manson, and congratulations on four years sobriety.
Speaker 1: And that's a big deal. He was heading into that pariah area where people wouldn't he was dropped from his record label. He like five Finger Death Punch did him such a favor. They took him out on tour and they said this is a good guy, you know, And they said, listen, this has been a friend of ours for a long time. We believe in this guy. People aren't showing up to a guy that's got a ton of like true accusations against him. He's got all these big names at his party. Marilyn Manson's back, baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. I mean he's co headlining Buzzfest. How more back could you ever be?
Speaker 1: That's right? Alex with sports, Oh hey, thank you, Rod. Rockets gotta win. Last night they beat the Wizards won thirty five to one twelve.
Speaker 3: Jalen Green had twenty nine points on the night to lead all players and scoring.
Speaker 1: Rockets are not twenty four to twelve in the season.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Grizzlies tomorrow night in Memphis.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 5: The Rod Rax Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show with the Butthole Surfers had point part of the show pooh eight oh seven, you got a world premiere coming up. We're gonna play your new music from the Lumineers. I'll tell you exactly when I became a believer in the Lumineers. They opened up for you too, and I said, limoneers have no business being on that stage at the football stadium. I'm like, what the Lumineers, what like a bass drum and a bas drumm and a snare and a banjo is in? Like, don't hillbilly hats? They got no business. They were great, they really were. I'm like, I went in you know, like you know, you go in there, You're just you're there for you too, and I'm like, nothing else is acceptable to me right now. And Lumineers killed it. I couldn't believe how good they were. So and then I kind of became a fan. So I have not heard this song yet. We're gonna play it for you after the break. I hope you stick around with us for that, Alex. The Houston Arrows ALRP was a hockey team. They were a farm team for the NHL Minnesota Wild. Yes, they played here until twenty thirteen. So I was around for a bunch of seas And when we called her Cup before I was there, I was well, I don't know if they won the Colder Cup. I was there in the finals that they have won the Colder Cup. Yeah, it was so fun having hockey, even though it wasn't pro hockey. I went, took a bunch of friends, turned them onto it. I loved it. My one of my big regrets because even Frank Sinatra had a few. Yeah. I was working with oj who used to work for them, not o Jasons, okay and uh and we were going to put together the bear toss and we were going to do it here and I wanted to and I wanted to be the guy behind it, and he was all for it. So I imagine there's a lot of you because I'm not trying to push hockey. I am trying to push hockey. I way read rings around a five game winning streat and no big deal. Hottest team in hockey, Yeah, Buffalo Saber Stink. One of the coolest things that they do in hockey is this teddy bear toss. Yeah, and it seems to be unique to hockey. I don't know why you couldn't pull it off in basketball. I guess you could. Ice is like cleaner. Ice is cleaner, and plus you're trying to get it over the glass. Yeah, that's the added fun to it.
Speaker 3: If you don't do it in basketball, you hit somebody down below, or it just bounces on.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what the teddy bear toss is and a new world record just happened. It's one night, it's for charity, and they give everyone brings a teddy bear to the game. And after your home team scores the first goal, everybody throws the teddy bear on the ice. Well, you're like Rod, I'm in the third deck. You throw it as far as you can, lands on someone's head and then they take it and they throw it. It might take two three people to get it on the ice, but the team knows it's going to happen. And you wait until the home team scores and they have already pre planned this, and the visiting team knows. They don't do this. I don't know if they do this in the NHL. It seems to be a minor league hockey bit. And it's so fun to watch. The number one thing on three Things you Must See Today the Hershey Bears in Pennsylvania Washington Capitals on Sunday, they broke their own record again. Fans showed up with stuffed animals to toss on the ice after the home team scored its first goal. The total last year was around seventy five thousand stuffed animals. People obviously brought more than one. They crushed it. On Sunday one hundred and two, three hundred and forty three stuffed animals donated to over thirty five different charities. To tell you how far I got this with the Arrows is I learned that when child protective services are called and if there's any kind of a domestic issue and there's kids there, I was told that all cop cars have some of that stuff in their trunk in case they got to, like work with a little kid. Okay, And that's where our stuff was going to go. Our stuff was going to stay here. I was going to ask people to bring down stuffed animals and we were going to donate it to the cops. If that was the thing. It was a thing back in the day, I guess. So we had this thing all worked out and then the Arrows folded. It was going to be a done deal and I was going to be a part of it. I've always wanted to be a part of this. It has to be linked to a hockey team, I think yeah.
Speaker 3: And then sometimes the thing where you get like a numbered ball, like a numbered tennis ball, you throw that in between periods and it's like a prize. But the Teddy Bear toss is actually just like the Teddy Bears themselves get.
Speaker 1: Used, so it takes them forever to clean it up. It's a massive pause in the game. It's so funny. Though they had the scoops, they go out there shot lockets. It's awesome. If you want to see something really really cool today, I hope I'm turning a few of you onto something new that you've never heard of or seen before. This Teddy Bear toss a. It's a world record now and it's just right after the goal to hear the guy do the call. Hockey calls are great. The goal goes in and then oh, you know what I mean, and then you he's just playing it up. Look at the sea of teddy bears. It's awesome. It is so cool. I need you to go check that out today on links and guests. All right, three things you must see. It's the number one link. I'm telling you. I promise you you don't have to like like hockey at all to think that that's a really really cool thing that they did. Okay, I gotta take a short break. Let me come back at a rect check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then World Premiere time. We'll listen to the Lumineers together, and then you know, we're gonna give you guys time to talk about it. Rock and alternative to The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz. Okay, good morning everybody, Rob Ryan Show eight twenty two, and we're gonna drop some brand new music on you new World premiere Lumineers. But let's let's try. Let's let uh Alex Alex do your thing. Man, what's trending?
Speaker 3: Well, the California wildfire keeps just popping up every huge store and the Palisades fire is continuing to just displace thousands of people right now. People's homes are in jeopardy, lots of damage has already been done, but California wildfire are definitely trending right now.
Speaker 1: Elvis is trending.
Speaker 3: It is His birthday would have been his ninetieth birthday, so happy birthday to the King.
Speaker 1: We had some great fun facts this morning on the King, and it was I think he was seven years old on this day when he got his guitar, first guitar, and that's I mean that changed music. That changed, That changed music all of our lives, whether you think or what do you think that way or not? Elvis getting that guitar affected all of us?
Speaker 3: Was it Johnny Carson that he went on where they had to show him from the waist up because he was too sexual?
Speaker 1: Ed Sullivan, Ed Sullivan, The Ed Sullivan Show, The Original Johnny Carson got a big show for you, are a big show, got a big show here today. He's a good kid and.
Speaker 3: Finally was training his Arian Foster, the Texans' greatest running back in Texans history.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's any debate there.
Speaker 3: He is going to lead the team's h is Up tradition to get fans ready for their playoff game this weekend the Chargers show. Good to see Arian back at NRG Stadium. That's what's trending on ninety by the.
Speaker 1: Bus Lumineers have a new album coming out. It's called Automatic and the first release is called Same Old Song. You guys want to take a listen with us? I don't think any of us have heard it yet. We'll play the song. Chili will open up the phone lines and you guys can tell us what you think. I hope you like it. I hope I like it. Hey, this is Wesley Schultz from the Lumineers. This is the iHeart World premiere. Check out our new song, same old song right now. Hey, Mama, would you pay my ram?
Speaker 14: Would you let me question your base man? Because any one of us could make it big or good end up then on the pavement. And if I was to die, if the plane went down and you survive, you ever wonder what your parents man when they told you. Grandma said heaven, cause I don't feel it like I.
Speaker 1: Did back then in the black sit.
Speaker 14: Down of the impression, and everyone's alright, I cannot afford to see the life.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's wrong with me.
Speaker 14: I killed the move some Now truly the guests begin to make me feel long.
Speaker 15: Save song. We sing this same song, We sing this same save sad song.
Speaker 14: In the bread whether tarp, it's black like a starving mouth from the yes said the bottom.
Speaker 1: God, it was not that bad.
Speaker 14: And they jacked up, being with the instruments.
Speaker 10: Broad daylight.
Speaker 14: They popped the troll and left the keys behind.
Speaker 1: The cops me chatting the can I be ever seen my mom's guitar?
Speaker 2: I don't know what's wrong with me.
Speaker 1: I killed the news so that, truly, I guess.
Speaker 8: Begin that made me feel.
Speaker 14: The party has been done for hours away in my bathroom time swelling, oh my guns below the room.
Speaker 4: So so we sing this same.
Speaker 1: So we sing this sade.
Speaker 15: Saved Sai.
Speaker 4: When you say so, where do you say? Yes?
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz Good Morning Rob Ryan Show. That is the world premiere of the Lumineers. The song is called Same Old Song. I believe we started playing that at around eleven o'clock yesterday. It was midnight on the East coast. That's kind of what I got when I told you I wasn't a believer in the Lumineers, and then when I saw them open up for you too, I said, oh, okay, wait a minute, maybe they are for me. Yeah, folk rock sometimes for me, like a folksy rock band, you know, I mean some of that stuff, you know, Kings of Leon falls into that. Obviously. You know, people are gonna people like to say, hey, this is what I think it sounds like that's not really a great review, So I don't want to do that either, lumping them in with a bunch of other bands. So if you did, you do Mumford and Side, I would I know I was gonna find myself in the same old trapping my wheelhouse that everybody does. I know that that's your wheelhouse. Some of that stuff could be a little MOPy for me.
Speaker 3: Absolutely get it, and this was kind of I think a lot of those ends of that, but it was MOPI lyrics, more uplifting song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so you go because this is your wheelhouse of stuff. I really really liked the Illuminais.
Speaker 3: I like them ember since that self titled album they came back with submarines in it. This isn't my favorite Lumineers song, but it's very unbrand with what it illuminaious song, but it's short, it's sweet.
Speaker 1: You get to the point you get out of it like I could. I didn't. I feel like I wanted it to be longer.
Speaker 3: I wanted the song to be longer because I feel like I didn't get enough.
Speaker 1: Out of it. I really liked it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's gonna be Morning Show playtime, but I would like it to be on the station continuing.
Speaker 1: It's black like a starving Yeah, it caught me off guard how short it was. Yeah, oh damn. Put your headphones on Rod. The song is over Lumineer's same old song. If you want to call in and you want to talk about it before he gets too busy, Chili. Were you able to hear it in there? Are you taking calls? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I heard it.
Speaker 8: It's not I'm just gonna be honest. Not my cup of teath due. It's not chevelle, but it's like, like I like upbeat.
Speaker 1: Raging songs. You know, this stuff puts me to sleep. Yeah, that's just me.
Speaker 2: But also I am not familiar with their music that much.
Speaker 8: Okay, I've only heard the other song that we played on air or yeah, so yeah, so I'm not too.
Speaker 2: Familiar with them.
Speaker 8: So Ophelia, Yeah that, you know, that's the only ones that I heard.
Speaker 1: Other than that.
Speaker 8: I will give it more more opportunities before I turn it down.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The tempo of the song kept me in it. Yeah, it really did. And the fact this isn't an horsement. I like the length of it. It was the radio song you know what I mean, Like they got in, they got out. It's just a little over two and a half minutes long, So I liked it. I'm not in a in a love and I'm not hearing I'm not hearing like this infectious hook that Wizard's gonna have to play this all day.
Speaker 3: I yeah, I don't think that's the case with this one either, But I really like it all right.
Speaker 1: Tyler, good morning, Good morning. How you doing doing, good man? What are your thoughts on the Luminier song?
Speaker 16: Honestly, I think Chile's assessment was pretty much on par with at least like my music taste and style.
Speaker 1: It was a good song.
Speaker 16: I think they kind of maybe had a missed opportunity.
Speaker 1: I felt like it was a little bit of.
Speaker 16: A build up in the second chorus that they could have kind of just added a little more energy. But I think for what it is, it's pretty it's pretty decent. I'm not overly familiar with the Lumineers either.
Speaker 1: Tyler, you're brilliant. I was thinking the exact same thing, although I didn't articulate it. It's it's those things that happen when you see DJs in clubs and they stop for a second and then they bam and they hit you and they hit you and then everybody starts jumping. I think they could have they could have maybe like sonically and maybe like done something a little bit more dynamics dynamically on that second course, I agree with Tyler Michael turned down your radio, Michael, I want to hear your thoughts on the song. Go ahead, what you got?
Speaker 7: So I am with the guy that just called, and I'm with Chili like I'm a corn guy, like I want to be screamed at or whatever. But their first one album that I heard was Ophelia, and I listened to the whole thing and it's one of my favorite CDs. I know I'm old or whatever.
Speaker 1: Wow, but this is.
Speaker 7: Like a classic Lumineers. It's not going to blow you away, but it's still I liked it. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very unbrand with what they put out consistently.
Speaker 1: Sam, Good morning, Good morning, Rod. Hello, what'd you think of that luminear song?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 17: What a dark and heavy message first thing in the morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, help me with the lyrics. What are they talking about?
Speaker 2: They're talking about addiction?
Speaker 17: Friend. Yeah, he was talking about how he got his truck stolen or all of his his mom's guitar stolen. M Yeah, and uh, you know that rhythm, that repetitive rhythm. It's kind of brilliant because you know, would you get stuck in the same cycles if you've ever dealt with anybody who's dealt with addiction. Yeah, I mean it's not light tight and bright, but it is beautiful in its own way.
Speaker 1: Wow, thank you, Sam, I'm so glad you got through. Thank you, Thank you have an I say you too. Hey, Josh, good morning, Good morning Rod. How are you doing. I'm great. We're talking about this new Lumineer song.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a definitely wasn't a bad song.
Speaker 1: Definitely has a certain energy, certain feel to it.
Speaker 7: But let's just say I definitely won't be get into speeding ticket walking to the song.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna bang your head. Oh, I'll make what I got very good. But like, okay, that's good. That's good. I mean that's the kind of thing that Wizard needs to hear. Like, Hey, I'm not going to turn off the radio, you know, if it's on, Kenny, wrap it up for me. I was going good man.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I really enjoyed the Lumineer song.
Speaker 7: I thought it was something that was much.
Speaker 1: Needed, all this rock, all this hard, heavy.
Speaker 7: Stuff going on nowadays.
Speaker 18: I really feel like this mellows me out, and I really enjoyed it in the morning hours.
Speaker 1: You know, that's really interesting because you know it's the exact opposite of Chili's, you know, and then the last guy he wants to bang his head. But you like the you like the pulling back from the you know, maybe the agro guitar sound.
Speaker 18: I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a huge flan of rock. I love slipping on, we love all of them. Breaking Benjamin, I kill it, you know, but every now and then it's nice just to chill.
Speaker 1: I agree with you one hundred percent, Kenny. I think you guys always nail it. This is the best cast of reviewers.
Speaker 3: I was expecting nothing positive, I thought, because a lot of people love rock, a lot of people that are just hard rockers, and I like that was too soft.
Speaker 1: And maybe need to make it better.
Speaker 3: But I love that everybody kind of took something different from it too.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you want to take it to the email, you know, I'm going to send these over to uh Wizard I don't know what he does with it. I want to put some suspenders on. Yeah, yeah, mean by a top handic. I really should start listening to the lyrics more. That's what That's one thing I have learned in my life.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four, five the.
Speaker 1: Bus, ninety four or five the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. It's three eleven. Him down, what's that song about? I don't listen to lyrics. Getting down, dude, just going down, right, just going down. Yeah, I'm always going the opposite of a up. She says that to night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, literally, the opposite of the Disney movie Up.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I'm so glad that chick called talk about the lyrics. I never listened to the lyrics of the songs when I'm listening to the liminears. Do you know what I hear in my head? Do Do Do Do Do Do do do?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 1: Oh, here's the bass room that new song?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: Was it any lyrics?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: I see some emails are coming in. I'm gonna send those all over to the radio wizard. I don't know if they told me this, Chilie. Do you know is that song being played every two hours now or is there some kind of rotation that I should be. Jeremy's gonna have it, Teresa's gonna have it. Yeah, I didn't hear about.
Speaker 8: I didn't get any like email from Wizards saying hey, we're playing it every hour or anything like that.
Speaker 1: So you can bet your ass he's listening and he'll send that to me and he'll tell me exactly.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, Rod, before you guys went on vacation last year, I did say you.
Speaker 1: A chart of the songs we work on a premiere. It's a pretty good wizar twenty twenty five. That's a pretty good wizard Chili.
Speaker 2: But you know what, let's circle back around.
Speaker 1: Is Chili the new is he taking the wizard impersonation for twenty twenty five? He's winning right now. He's the leader so far. Is the one of twenty twenty five so far? All right, Well, listen, you're gonna hear it throughout the day if he'll send me some times. And you know, I want you to listen to Jeremy and Teresa and Alley. They're gonna have it for you today. All right. So this new limonears, what I'm seeing is, you know, people get a little bit more bold and a little bit more. Maybe it's more honest. I don't know what it is, but it's not all roses and the emails for the song. Not everybody loved it.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: That's why we play this stuff and we throw it out there to you guys. All right, Chris Daughtry, like our Chris Daughtry. Nobody cares about the guy that sings that was an American idol guy. Nobody cares about him. The guy that listens to us named Chris Daughtry says, hey, you forgot to give away the Monster Jam tickets. I call DIBs. Well, I'm not gonna just give him you but Chili had already told me that I forgot or that I was to give away the Monster Jam tickets, so and might have gotten to it. Probably not. I will give away the Monster Jam tickets right now. I've got a four pack of tickets with pitt passes for the Monster Jam going down Saturday, February first at NRG Stadium. Chili Chili Wizard is standing by and he'll take your calls. We're looking for call to number ten right now, So good luck on those tickets.
Speaker 5: Rock and Alternative Us, The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Offspring, Why don't you get a job? Rod Ryan's Show Wild Card Wednesday. Paul Valius nailed it. Sure, I nailed it. Paul Valus shit, even if he says that he goes by something else doing it wrong. Paul won the Monster Jam four pack tickets, four pack of tickets with pit passes. I guess we can kind of clear up how to say his name when he comes by and says hi in the pits. Saturday, February First Energy Stadium. There are three Monster Jam shows on sale right now through Ticketmaster locations for ticketmaster dot com. We will be at all three of those down in the pit in our truck, Our rod Ryan Show Monster Jam Truck will be performing in all three of the upcoming Monster Jam. So it's exciting, Japer exciting again. We got a brand new new look to our truck. Our truck's gonna look a lot different than it's looked in years past, which is great. Try to get my kid excited about it. She just wants to know if the Unicorn trucks maybe most sparkle. Yeah, I wants to know if the Unicorn truck's gonna be there. Sparkle, Sparkle Smash brought a smash Sparkle a similar similar name. I'm like, Daddy's got a truck. Yeah, but it is Sparkle Smash gonna be there. Elle's gonna do the same data dat Yes you will, Okay, Claudis. Guys, today nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. That's not going to be the case tomorrow, it won't. They could be rain tomorrow. Hi, today have around forty five Alex, You've been crushing it all day. One final time Houston's headlines please good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: A fast moving wildfires threatened homes and forced thousands of people in California to evacuate their homes. It's being fueled by the Santa Ana winds. The fires in the California Palace Age, which also includes some of the most expensive and highly populated neighborhoods in the state. Officials are warning of worstening wind conditions that could force more residents.
Speaker 1: To flee over the upcoming days. Just terrible stuff which you see coming out, man, Just like they say, like a perfect storm is always bad, right, Yes, the winds are so strong, not strong enough to blow out the fire. It's just strong. They're spreading it. They're spread it all around. Yeah, they were really they did a story and they were showing I don't know that the cameraman was just in the right spot this morning, and they're showing embers, huge chunks of like burning wood that were just moving like law. Yeah, and it was just starting other fires. So bad situation, okay.
Speaker 3: Right now, President elect Donald Trump's voice his desire for the US to acquire Greenland, the Panama Canal, the Gulf of Mexico, and even Canada, claiming that they are critical to American national security. Would asked if he would rule out using military or economic force to achieve any of these goals, Trump said, I cannot assure you of either of those two things, which pretty vague.
Speaker 1: So the renaming of the Golf of Mexico, he called it the Gulf of America, says he wants to rename it that, but he's just going to start calling it that, yeah, like, which is fine. Basically, you have renamed it. If you call something something else, you've renamed it. And if people like it, they'll follow, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, Instead of I ten I've been thinking what'll we called it?
Speaker 1: I Alex, the Ax, the I Alex. I'm on the IA right now. I had no down. I'm heading out in the Alex now a little backed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm just saying, let's start doing that.
Speaker 1: Golf of America, Golf of are I Alex, Let's do that now. Are they going to change globes and maps and things? No? But will Trump sell maps and globes that say Gulf of America billion percent bill by ten globes?
Speaker 3: I'll throw in a red tie. I mean, which is the coolest of them? Do you want Canada or Greenland or the Canal? I don't want the Canal back. I want Canada. Of course I want Canada. Would be dude.
Speaker 1: But we would combine our teams and our national hockey team, we would never lose a gold That's what I'm saying. Moving in international hockey, we would never ever we would be the most dominant hockey force in the history of hockey if we combined with Canada.
Speaker 3: And the President's Trophy would actually mean something if a Canadian team want it, which is to the best team each regular season. It's not the Prime Minister portrayed. They know who it is then it is in charge. But yeah, Panama, Canada and Denmark, who's pretty much in charge of Greenland, have all rejected any suggestion that they would give up their territory. The Girl Scouts are getting rid of two beloved cookie flavors. They have announced that this will be the final to get some Moores and toast Ya's, so stock up on those if those are your favorites. Rod and I already have our conspiracy theory. They're gonna go mc ribs style, where they just they take it away and then somebody's like, what about this some Moores, You guys used to have somemores, Oh, those are gone, and then two years later they'll bring it back. Yep, and they'll they'll make a killing off. But this is the first time the Girlscots have announced that if flavor is being discontinued ahead of time. Girls Got season runs from now through April, So good luck with.
Speaker 1: Those New Year's resolutions. Gang.
Speaker 3: Have you ever felt like popcorn buckets aren't big enough?
Speaker 1: Because if you have, you're in luck.
Speaker 3: Cinemark Theaters is offering a five dollars bring your own popcorn bucket promotion. The only catch is that it can't be more than four hundred ounces, which is not really that much of a catch because that's the size of two extra large popcorns or three point one two five gallons, So that's three gallons of popcorns should last year through any move.
Speaker 1: I already sharded on the giant Tamali this morning. I hate to poop on everything that you're talking about today, but a bucket of popcorn is enough. Popcorn is something that I eat until the bottom, no matter where that bottom is. I love that thuff. If it was a five gallon bucket, I would eat five gallons of popcorn. I can't stop myself. I just keep eating, so I don't need more because I can't. I have no self control.
Speaker 3: What is this country if not just the bragging about how free are I'm so free that now I can go and just get a popcorn bucket up the three gallons filled with whatever. Whatever bucket I bring in, as long as the rules are that it has to be clean, sanitized and can hold popcorn.
Speaker 1: So don't bring in like a plate that's not really gonna do much well because guys will bringing in their hard hats for the slurpee. Seven self served with the slurpey, but like the employee is not gonna want to be like, what is this this bucket hat that you got on, It's just got lis all over. I'm not doing this. I don't know a bucket of popcorn. I'm not going to go do this.
Speaker 3: But I do like that people are able to do this. They're doing it January nineteenth, which is National Popcorn Day, So pretty cool if you want to go to movie. Then a developer accidentally destroyed the childhood homes of acdc's Malcolm and Angus Young. The house in Burwood, Australia, which is pretty much Sydney had added to had been added to the legal Register of Historic Homes in twenty thirteen, but registers did not have the legal status to protect it. Fans were obviously upset by the news, but the development company said that it didn't know that what was doing was like, it wasn't done on purpose.
Speaker 1: They didn't know what they.
Speaker 3: Were doing because the previous owner never told them that the house is historical significance. They never were like, hey, this is on the National Register, don't mess with it.
Speaker 1: There was not a plaque on it or anything.
Speaker 3: I mean, if there was, they were like, hey, check out this plaque. I don't know if do you walk around every inch of it for you to I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not a developer. I don't know how that works. Before you take a wrecking ball to a building, I think you try to check it out, make sure no one's in there. I mean even when you get your leg work done, they write on it before you go into surgery, like their doctors not developed, Like, okay, when I got my knee done, they're like, they wrote, obviously one knee is mangled. My kneecap was to the other side. The guy wrote on is this the knee before they put me out one? Yeah, just to make sure that's the one they do.
Speaker 3: You still plan on building a bar or a cafe on the grounds where the house once stood them.
Speaker 1: But that is Houston's headlines. Well, let's go to our sports guy now, Alex pay you ride.
Speaker 18: Well.
Speaker 1: The Rockets gotta win.
Speaker 3: Last night, they beat the Wizards one thirty five to win twelve. Jailing Green had twenty nine points on the night to lead all players in scoring.
Speaker 1: Rockets are now twenty four to twelve on the season.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have a day off before playing the Grizzlies tomorrow night in Memphis.
Speaker 1: That it's going on in sports. You got the Verlander story on the sports blog page today. It will be on the sports blog page. I'll put it up there. Man. Very busy not being able to send chill you the sports blog today. I didn't think that we were gonna keep him forever, you know what I mean. I felt like he was gone after last year, right, I would have. I thought we'd have a I'm very selfish when it comes to Justin Verlander. He's a first ballot Hall of Famer. He goes in, he walks right in. You shouldn't even have to vote, but they do. Somebody didn't vote for Jeter. Yeah, so I want him to go in as an astro. And I felt if he would have retired here that would have helped. It would have definitely. Maybe he does a one day contract when comes back, I don't know, Or does he do that with Detroit because that's where he started. That's what I'm thinking, right, So does everybody do you have to pick a team when you go into the Baseball Hall of Fame? I think you do. Yeah, I think everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think there's a bus that doesn't have a well I can go look at that and yeah, follow up, but most of them that I've seen have have a hat on. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just I was just kind of being a homer on that one, thinking, okay, if he retired here, if we just wrote him out to the one world series here? Yes, So all right, multiple, all right, Well that's everything that's going on there. We know about Rocky Andel, Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 5: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four and five buzz Lincoln Park, New Divide. Welcome to the nine Spot, our fourth and final hour together. I got Buzzfest tickets coming up for you in just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Do do do?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 2: Do you do?
Speaker 1: Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Nothing over it. Ten percent chance of brain mostly cloudy heists today of around forty five. Pole question again deals with something that is on links and guests. My pole question today. I love a pole question, at least I do. In twenty twenty five, should you get a pole question?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Should kids under eighteen be allowed to get a tattoo with parental consent? Sixteen percent of our audience says yes. Seventy five percent of our audience says no, it's too young. Seven percent not sure, not sure. I guess the most compelling email that I received on this was the woman that said, hey, when she was in school, somebody in high school passed away. He was a football player, and the team or a lot of the friends on the team, they asked to get a tribute tattoo. Tribute tattoos. I understand them. I get it, you know. And I've dabbled with getting something for my dad and you know, if and when the time comes, and with my mom, I've talked about that too. So yeah, I don't know. I don't want I'm a less rule. I'm a less government guy. I'm not going to pull a plastic straw out of your hand. This is one rule that I like. No kids, you know, you gotta be eighteen to get a tattoo. Yeah, and I mean you're getting parental consent, right, and nobody wants to tell Listen, I don't want anybody telling me how to parent my kid. But the nuts if you're taking your kid for a tattoo. This story is a nine year old getting a tattoo on links and guests, That's what kind of spawned the question. She went back at ten for a touch up. She wanted a neck tattoo, and the parents were cool with it. How often do you get touchups on your tattoo? I don't. I mean, well, if I go in to get a new tattoo, if something needs to be boom ba boom, I'll have him touched it up.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, that's kind of wild to go back right at like one year later. I guess to see what she was going to the tattoo in the place.
Speaker 1: Anyways, So she's like, well, I'm here. Yeah, because the guy talked her out of the neck tattoo and said, if you come back then again. The parents all right, it was a trump tattoo that the nine year old wanted. The parents were like, boom, I'm giving consent. The tattoo artist is like, listen, not the neck. And he overcharged for it too. He charged him a lot of money. He might have gone from ninety it was a ninety dollars tattoo. He might have charged him tripled, try and make him think about it. Yeah, and they paid. So he talked the girl and the parents into getting a flag tattoo on her arm, which is okay, I got a couple flags. Throw American by the way, No Canadians, Nope, Yeah, because I'm an American. She get the flag and the guy said, I get it that this isn't what you wanted, but you agreed to it. If you come back in a year and you still want the neck tattoo and your parents are cool with it, great. She went back a year later to tell him I don't want the neck tattoo, kind of like you were right. Well you might be right about the one on your arm too. Yeah, but now you're ten, you're seasoned, and you're still an American. You're always an American, all right, Hopefully that's the tattoo question. On a Wednesday, today is National take the stairs Day. Remember when you used to do that? Listen. I feel like sometimes man if building management ever hears this show. This is a nice building. This is a nice building. I don't blame it just because I don't like being here. It's the equipment. It's this here where we're standing. Yes, not bad. It's not a bad building. The deli's nice, the gym is nice here. Yeah, it's a nice building. Okay, she's a nice lady. Dorothy Madtooth is a saint. But there is one thing about this building that I can't seem to figure out. I used to take the stairs in the other place, but they kind of ran parallel to where the elevators were, so you kind of had that choice. I don't feel like waiting today. I'm just gonna take these stairs. The stairs are nowhere near the elevators in this building. As a matter of fact, I don't think we have stairs, man, And as a matter of fact, they have to, but they're weird, dude. And as a matter of fact, the stairway that I got to use it says if you hit this, I don't want to gonna go off like they don't want me using the stairs here. Yeah, so I just thought I couldn't. And then I talked to Charlie. He's like, go ahead, well the power I really want to use the stairs, Go ahead if you like. My rule on taking stairs in a building is if it's one or two floors, don't no elevator, just do the stairs. But not here. I park on we work on seven. I park on six so that my fat a has to walk past the gym. If I don't go, I feel shame. I park on the same. I park on the same floor as the gym to give myself, Hey, it's right there, it's right there. Get in there, you pos it's a good move. But I take the elevator down one flight of stairs going one floor, but I that's it goes against my rule. We used to do five floors the other building. It was awesome.
Speaker 3: I loved that I was out of breath getting up there, and then eventually you're like, I am way back in shape.
Speaker 1: It was a great way to start the day. The stairs are not conveniently located anywhere near the elevators. It's really a it's a odd building.
Speaker 3: We had a fire drill before we left for the holidays, and somebody were like, you can't.
Speaker 1: You gotta go. You can't just sit in your studio and work. And I was like, dude, I.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know the stairs and we're all dying. If there's there's a fire, I don't know. I'm just it's it. That's it. If there's a fire, that's it. I've said my goodvies architects. Moving forward, this is a nice building. Just just make it all the way up, man, and each floor.
Speaker 1: And parallel there. Run it parallel to one at least one of build the stairs first, one of Yeah, I think, don't you need stairs to build everything else? I don't understand it. I would think stairs would go in before an elevator.
Speaker 3: The retro day when all the power was out in the building, I remember calling.
Speaker 1: You freaking out, like Rod, how'd you get in?
Speaker 3: And you're like, hold on, let me come, hold this door open and sneak up here and climb up this thing.
Speaker 1: And I had to like solve a riddle to get in the building. I dragged a chair. I dragged a chair in a waiting area on one of the floors, and to keep the door open for you guys to get in. I don't care what kind of alarm this is setting off. What's going on with the stair situation? Yeah, all right, listen, sorry, guys, it's National the Stairs. It's National Take the Stairs Day. It's a good rule, you know, it's a good rule. Three elevator, no problem if it's one or.
Speaker 3: Two, unless you're in an apartment and you have groceries. I am fine with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I agree with that too. If you're carrying my apartments.
Speaker 3: If I don't have groceries or a baby, I'm taking the stairs.
Speaker 1: All right, go take some stairs, everybody. Let's give away tickets to Buzzfest. Marilyn Manson had a big birthday this week, fifty fifty six years old, clean and sober for four years now. I told you I've sold it already. How great he looked, How great he sounded. I can't wait. He looked so appreciative up on stage. When he was opening up for Five Finger Death Punch it was the last show of the tour. He said Houston was louder for him than any other city he played with them. Did he say that to every city? I don't think so. I think so many people are filming these things now. I don't think a guy wants to get caught saying something very specific to an audience and then get busted saying it to multiple audiences.
Speaker 3: Well, and if he hadn't said it to them, we were the last stop, so he would he could have been like you guys, the last Actually, Houston was loudest, saved the best for last.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 1: Marilyn Manson is co headlining with Chavelle Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth. Tickets are on sale now Ticketmaster locations I got a pair for Coller ten seven, one, three, two, two five.
Speaker 13: Houston Rock, Houston's alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning. You gotta go give away these tickets here right? Oh yeah, you do, buddy, Good morning, Hey, good morning. Brother rod Alex wanted me to ask every this guy wasn't listening to Fun Facts this morning. Maybe he was, he wasn't what he was. He's not gonna get it. If I ask Andrew on the phone this question, he's gonna think I'm being a weirdo. So Andrew, what's up? How's your hemorrhoids?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Hang on, see, I know you weren't listening this morning. The fun fact this morning? See what you did? Now he's gonna learn now he's learning things fun The fun fact this morning. One of the fun facts was every one of us has hemorrhoids. It's just whether or not they are like swollen or inflamed, right right, right? So we all have don't they say that in the shingles commercial if you had chicken, if you had chicken pots, everyone's got shingles. It's just whether or not they're all shingly, you know. So I said this morning like an idiot, I said, well, you know, you could technically ask everybody how's your hemorrhoids? Because that we all have. We all have. It's true. It's just whether or not they're you know, sticking out where they're not supposed to be sticking out. Try that at the water cooler today. But it's gone. Andrew, do you just want some tickets to Buzzfest? I'm sorry, buddy, you didn't answer the question, though, how are you? They're great, They're great, They're good, They're great. His hemorrhoids are great. Hey, good to know, man, he's got people listening and he.
Speaker 7: Knows he's doing. How's the hemorrhoids?
Speaker 1: That's what Alex wanted me to say to everybody that called in today. Well they've all got out all right, Well they all you all have hemorrhist on the status. It's a health check and this is a check up on the homeroom. You guys should all be up early listening to these fun facts. Basically doctors. Now you would all know all of this. Andrew will see you at Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion. Awesome. I'm excited, So bring you and your Royds.
Speaker 10: Online, Kid's Alix Online ninety five.
Speaker 1: The Muzz, every band member on that stage, every Chevelle guy hope to do interviews. I've got hemorrhoids, Marilyn man those hemorrhoids doing interviews over dude, did you know, Marilyn Manson? Did you not hear the fun facts? Come on, Maryland, I'll play it for him. You can't listen to it all. Do you have an AOL today? I do?
Speaker 3: I really just I made an entire website for everybody to just check in with the status of their hemorrhoids and I'll have them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, but now you can see like, like, look great, it's like a zero on the pain scale?
Speaker 1: Is it a talent of pants?
Speaker 3: Go now today It's called cheese Verse, and you're gonna just get into the world a cheese where you can search for cheeses you may have heard of but want to learn more about it if you're trying to cook with a new kind of cheese. Really, what I'm here for is the reviews, because you can go and leave reviews of your favorite kind of cheese. Like somebody says that their breed they tried was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: No, boy, but a little too soft for their liking.
Speaker 3: And then whatever camber Bert Norman day is.
Speaker 1: They were talking about that.
Speaker 3: Parmigano Reggiano is the top cheese right now, according to Cheese Verse with the reviews. Lots of five star reviews coming in for Parmisano Reggiano. So go check it out, learn a little bit about cheese. Leave a cheese. You have fun while you're making sure your hemorrhoids are okay. Today I wrote Famage Rodryan showpage at the buzz dot.
Speaker 1: Com not with the Royds. Rodryan Show effects include Mood Swings, Mood Swings ninety four five, The Bus, Food Fighters, and under You Good Morning rod Ryan's show. Wold card Wednesday, number one link Today. I told you she's on looking at girls, but she's headlining the Crazy Criminal blog page today. I got the full I got the full video and it gets cringey. It's thirty four minutes long. She's a Hooters waitress and she is so trying. It's not working, but she ain't given up because she's never been told no before in her life. This Hooter's waitress is trying to flirt her way out of a dui. So it happened in Sarasota, Florida, of course, and the chesscam footage is all over social media right now. She kept calling the cop daddy, and she said she wanted to make out, told him to stop being such a nerd about it. She pulled her sweater up. At one point, she's showing off her Hooters shirt, like, hey, do you not realize I work at Hooters. You're not gonna write me up, You're not gonna arrest me. She got pulled over around two o'clock in the morning. I thank you. Chili got out of it. Take it though, but yeah, he whipped out one of his Guatemalan beans, he said, calling the guy daddy. So she gets breathalyzed at about So she gets pulled over at two. Cop was being pretty generous. He didn't breathalyze her until three twelve. Even then she was still four times the legal limit. Flirting did not work. She's got a pre trial hearing tomorrow. But mugshots the video. There's a full thirty four minute video, and it's just the chestcam of the cop and her, and she's just she's never ever not gotten her way before. I have not watched this yet.
Speaker 3: I'm saving it for after the show because I am absolutely did to watching police bodycam videos. My TikTok algorithm is just full of it. And a lot of times there'll be like a traffic stop that has nothing happened, But I watch seventy tiktoks of a twenty minute police cam video, I'm like, well, if.
Speaker 1: Something might happen, I want to see. Tessa would have loved this. It's a bunny X. It's glitter pickles. Okay, have you seen edible glitter? And I saw it in a drink over the holidays.
Speaker 3: I live my life by the motto that I stay away from glitter at all costs.
Speaker 1: That's not something that's sustainable. I've tried four I've tried living my life that way, and you got a you got a little girl. There's there's plenty of glitter in your future. I can tell you that. Right now. They make edible glitter and you can put it in like Martini's and holiday drinks and stuff. People are making glitter pickles. You know what that means? You're gonna have glitar food. Yeah, I'm sure. I mean what goes in has got to come out right, So normal glitter don't do this with normal glitter. It's toxic. Even if it says non toxic. You're eating microplastics, so you can. We are, we are. But yeah, there's a hashtag that's going around pretty pickles, which is funny, which is funny. And surprise you didn't jump on this glickles glitter pickles. Now, listen, I realized this is the competition. But when it's good, it's good. Bush Light the Beer have a contest. They've just announced. It's called the date Tona. Okay, Daytona five hundred. I know you're a big racing nut. Okay, eight single people are gonna get a chance to go on a date at the Daytona five hundred. It's a speed date. This is but listen, it's better. You're driven around one lap around the track by a driver and that's your time to speed date. It's really good, it's really good. This was put together. Well, it's not during the Daytona five hundred, of course, it's a few days before. But they're throwing in tickets to the race as well. They're gonna pay for the airfare, the hotel and all that stuff. And I got this on the food blog page, so speed dating. Your date will consist of one lap around the Daytona five hundred track with a train driver, and that's how you get to know that person.
Speaker 3: Look, everything was great until at the end of the lap when I found out she was a Joey Logano fan, and that's when I.
Speaker 1: Knew she was the one. Or somebody barbs on you too, or like is it too loud when you're going around the track, Like what I can't hear you? Yeah, we're going ninety miles an hour. So this is gonna be right before Valentine's Day. So to the timeliness of this. I like the name, the speed dating tying into that. It's really brilliant. It's really brilliant. I got all this on the food blog page today, So I mean, when it's good, it's good Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Buzzy four five, The buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Snirvana, Dumb Wild Card Wednesday. You know, we gave away those tickets to Monster Jam earlier, and now is that time. We're getting closer to the Monster Jams. There's three of them. A lot of questions coming in, Hey, did you get the approval for the chief tickets. I did get the approval for the cheap tickets. I did get that nice, So there will be days coming up. I don't know if Chili has it. I'm gonna say no. I'm gonna say he does have it, but didn't open it. If he does have it, he's busy. He's busy. They've got a new season of Martin. They deciplated.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I'm starting to find out that I'm being left out of a lot of emails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wizard did have to admit that he didn't attach them. Oh yeah, you didn't know about the Lumineers every other hour on the Lumineers today. So Wizard did confirm that.
Speaker 2: Is there something y'all want to tell me?
Speaker 1: Do you have any kind of do you have any do we have confirmed dates when we are doing the discounted, the deeply discounted nine dollars and forty five cent.
Speaker 2: Tickets, not except that.
Speaker 1: But we did get the approval for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you say we've got the approval, we got it.
Speaker 8: I'm waiting. I'm waiting form the happiest guy in the building, Skinner, the fun Squad. Yeah, the fun Squad to tail us when because I'm pretty sure. We're gonna have a hashtag every twenty minutes soon or two.
Speaker 1: Are we doing that?
Speaker 2: I have to find out from him.
Speaker 1: But you know usually we do that when tickets go on sale.
Speaker 8: Okay, yes, because we do, because we do the cheap ticket right before the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the week before the show is when we do the tickets. All right, sounds like you have a meeting with the fun squad.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have fun you.
Speaker 1: I can't wait, Skinner and Marvin if to sit down and talk about these things. Okay, let's get listen. There's gonna be a lot of monster sham. We're gonna be at all three of them. That's the most important thing. Come on down. I know you don't care about getting a picture with me or Alex Chili is gonna be there, chilly.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the Have you gotten the picture of the truck? I want to see how the trug looks.
Speaker 1: I also would like to see it. Okay, I'll put that on you because I keep telling myself I'm gonna email Tom who's in charge? Would you? Would you email Thomas if he's got a mock up of it we can share.
Speaker 2: I'll believe it.
Speaker 1: See if he'll send a mock up of the truck that we can share to the listeners.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't.
Speaker 1: I'll get on that right now, thank you. All Right, Houston has gone up a spot on a list that we don't want to be on. Just and that's a traffic jam time. It's not just time in your car, it's when you are at that dead stop. Yeah, And there's nothing worse. As long as I'm creeping along, I'm alive. When my car stops on an interstate, I am dead inside. I absolutely die a little bit. Not all of my organs, just some of them, maybe my liver, Like I die a little bit. If my car is stopped on a highway. I can't handle it. I have to be creeping. I would rather take the feeder roads and deal with a couple of red lights or something. As long as I'm moving a little bit, I'd rather go through neighborhoods to move. As long as my car's moving forward. I can't deal with the dead stop thing. I had that happen this weekend to me. I was on my way back.
Speaker 3: I was coming from like the Willis area, and before I got off of forty five, there was a like it looked like a really serious wreck that they had turned like everybody's having to get off. And for like thirty minutes, I was just sitting not moving, and I had my niece and my daughter in the car, and it was the biggest like exercise of self control ever to not freak out, because I was just like, ye, just breathe. We're just gonna sit here and be angry by ourselves right now because we don't want to see like a psychopath.
Speaker 1: Then you get when they get a little bit older, and then they're like, hey, dad, what's a jag off? Yeah? Yeah, Well I was like, don't say any of those words. I was very aware of what I was doing there. Yeah, yeah, there was hell all right here. My kids say jag off. I'm like, what did that? Jag off? Is funny?
Speaker 14: Here?
Speaker 1: A kids say, probably shouldn't say it be funny. An annual, he found traffic costs the average consumer or a commuter forty three hours of their life, more than a full week's worth of work. That's just extra time you spend on the road thanks to traffic jams and slow downs. This is not just your commute time. This is traffic jam time. New York is the most congested city in North America. Second worldwide I think is tan bul is first, and now New.
Speaker 3: York costs you like fifty dollars a day to do it, to go to Manhattan.
Speaker 1: It does. Yeah, New York sat in bumper to bumper traffic for one hundred and two hours last year. Chicago right there at one hundred and two hours too, Los Angeles in at third, Boston, Philly, Miami, Houston up one from eight last year to seven sixty six hours. The average driver wastes sixty six hours of your life a year with the not just your commute, it's the bumper to bumper, it's the traffic jams and the slow the things that we have, the rec checks every day. I'd bless you. This is one of those. It's like when oil and gas guys, they don't like complaining. They don't want they don't want me complaining that there's high gas prices. Somehow it's good for them. I want you guys to be in the car because that means more time listening with us. So I don't watch that. But I don't want that. I cannot. I can't in good conscience, I can't wish that upon anybody that you have more time in the car where you're like, oh my god, it took me four hours to get to work where it normally takes me, you know, hour and a half. That's not good for me either. That's not it. I don't want. I can't have you be miserable like that. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy. But thank you guys for including us in your drive. I get I get it how it gets frustrating out there. I got Saint Vincent tickets sitting around. I'm gonna give you those on Know the Show. Alex P. Middleton, you're gonna come up with a question, Sure will, buddy, all right, we'll have a question Know the Show on the flip of this break. Stay with us.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show bus.
Speaker 1: All right, we're back ninety four to five, the Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show. We're getting ready to wrap this thing up. Shellie left me some tickets here. Let's just see Saint Vincent performing live at White Oak Music Hall on April eighth. Tickets on sale now at ticketmaster dot com. We win a free pair by answering Alex's question about the show today, Well, Rod.
Speaker 3: We talked about a young lady that got a tattoo today.
Speaker 1: Oh, so young her parents had to sign off on it. How old was this girl when she got that tattoo? Perfectly legal in Arizona, perfectly legal as long as your parents sign off. Oh come on, that's what got me to do our poll question today. So when she got the tattoo, how old was she? Seven? With her parents' approval? Seven? One three two one two five nine four five? Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four point five to bus station, The Ron Ryan Show on the Buzz, ninety four or five The Buzz breaking, Benjamin, it's so cold, Rob Ryan Show. Getting ready to wrap things up today. I shouldn't have to worry much about rain tomorrow. We're gonna be talking. I were singing a different tune if you will. Only a ten percent chance of rain today, mostly clouding high today. I around forty five. I think we at least made it up to fifty yesterday, and I was freezing my balls off. I'm not not good for this, Yeah, not good for this cold. I hate it. I absolutely rain. I'm fine. Yeah, And that's what I'm not gonna like tomorrow. It's gonna rain erin tomorrow. It's gonna rain. Good morning, Good morning, Aaron. It's raining tomorrow, Come on, rain and cold.
Speaker 7: I know it sucks.
Speaker 1: I have a job to do and I can't do it. Are you do you work out doors?
Speaker 7: I am a construction I own my own construction.
Speaker 1: With this really okay? So what are you anticipating that tomorrow is like shut down, shutting down work.
Speaker 5: I predict So, yeah, we can't work out in the rain when we're doing outside work.
Speaker 1: You can, especially like I mean, it's not gonna be freezing, it's gonna be close to freezing rain. It's gonna be cold. It's gonna be cold.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, all right, yeah, it will be all right.
Speaker 1: Here. What's the name of your construction company. We haven't come up with a name yet, okay, but it's a partner of mine.
Speaker 7: We've been in business since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: It's badhass yep. I've had a lot of time to come up with a name. Rod Ryan eight years and Alex Middleton Construction, Itchi Pickle Construction, Itchi Pickle Construction, Rock all right, come on, come on, Aaron, Alex has a real question for you. Oh should I do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait, he wants me to do all this. She's now time for you know, this show on ninety four to five. Okay, now we're official. All right, what's your question for Aaron?
Speaker 3: So, Aaron, we talked about a girl that got a tattooed today with her parents consent.
Speaker 1: How old was that.
Speaker 9: She?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, I thought we were going to trip somebody up because she went back when she was ten and a little adults. She did not want that tattoo. Afterwards too, she like the guy talked to her. I don't know, I already told the story, but the tattoo artist was smart enough to talk her out of her and apparents out of the neck tattoo. I don't know. Some people said I didn't get it. I didn't get like a fake vibe on this story. It looked real to me. Everything looked real to me on this Aaron, you just want to know the show? What do you We're gonna give her Saint Vincent tickets? Here we go April eight, White Musical. You're in? All right?
Speaker 4: Yay?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I know if you're not working, if you're not swinging a hammer, and you're not making money, but if you do, enjoy your day off tomorrow. Okay, I will thank you so much. I appreciate it. Thanks Aaron. There's no name construction. Look him up, look about all right, that's it. We gotta go. I sent Wizard all of your emails about that luminous song. Jeremy's gonna spin it for you again, gonna it's gonna play every other hour. It looks like he's got that coming up his first song, so we can get on schedule here ten, then at twelve, and then I know you can do every other hour since from that, so Teresa will spin it as well. I was surprised, like you that the calls were really positive for it. Yeah it didn't. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't quite as positive the people that were writing in on the emails. But I sent all those to Wizards, so thank you very much for that. Tomorrow is throwback Thursday, first throwback of the year. Tomorrow's the day Well fixed the Graham Thursday. Tomorrow's the day we play read my lips. We're gonna try something we've invited a listener, a family member down. Her name is Lindsey and Selmo. She's gonna come in and play read my lips the first time a listener has played the game against us. So we don't know because we're gonna flip a coin between you and Chile. Could be anybody, Okay, So that's something we're gonna do at eight twenty tomorrow. More Monster Jam tickets, More Deftone tickets, More Buzzfest tickets. Jeremy's up next. Like I said, he's got that brand new lumineers for you. We're on a twenty hour.
Speaker 3: Break, so very how an episode of Passed the Baby coming out tonight, so check that out.
Speaker 1: You're recording to the next one of the year. Okay, can't wait. Can't wait. Guys, have a great day, man A and f Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 10: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.