Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Sunday Service, Episode seventy five. I am your host, Josh Monday. If you don't know me, I'm a Christian rapper, devoter, her husband, father, and army veteran. And this is brought to you by Could Conspiracy Podcast. Thank you so much for joining me. And we're gonna be in first chronicles today. So there's a lot of genealogy that's going to be going on, and I'm gonna have, you know, explanations on why they're mentioning them and stuff like that, so.
Speaker 2: It'll be cool, cool episode. Just stick with me.
Speaker 1: You know, through the first eight, you know, seven chapters, there's a lot of you know, names and explaining what the genealogies mean and.
Speaker 2: All that stuff.
Speaker 1: So it'll it'll be good because it all, you know, ends up in the dividic line, which is Jesus's line, right, So it's all gonna end.
Speaker 2: Up wrapping up so connecting if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: But before I start, let me go over some of the comments that we received MDMP twenty two, Thank you, Whisker's White, thank you, and I see that you guys were kind of chatting back and forth here Whiskers White MDMP and twenty two and Jordan Richmeyer.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: You guys are doing that. You know you can answer each other, and that's really cool when it kind of starts, keeps the chat going.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Angela Kelly, I appreciate you saying you listen to the debate. I appreciate that. And then Jordan Richmeyer, I appreciate you, brother b and then v Wills, thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you. Let me just go ahead and check out what we have.
Speaker 3: On Wednesday service, we had that's King sorry Wednesday service where yeah, there you are.
Speaker 2: So we had five comments.
Speaker 1: On Wednesday service we had Ae Palin eighty four. You said you kind of get yourself a lot. And second of all, can we start with reading the beginning of the Bible, the original please waters from above firmament? What division are you creating besides the Bible says you can pick and choose what you want to believe, My homie, no, uh, if you end up listening to this, No, I did go over. I have a whole Biblical cosmology episode that's on.
Speaker 2: Here if you want to go back and check it out.
Speaker 1: I went over all of Genesis and all the verses that connect to Biblical cosmology. So if you want to check out that that episode out. It was the very first Sunday Service episode that I did, so if you want to look at that, I believe it's the very first one, or maybe it was a I'd have to find out what number that is, but it's very close to the beginning of the when I started doing Sunday Service. I don't know if it was episode eight what it is, but if you want to look it up, it's Biblical cosmology. I go over all that, bro, So check it out. J Con forty four to twenty, thank you so much, and then Jordan rich Meyer, thank you.
Speaker 2: It says that you said that flatters led me back to the faith. That's great. So let mean there must be a creator, Yes, yeah, undeniable. Amen.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I was just mentioning what I've been feeling, you know, so I have recid Stolprahawed Vinni B. Talking about a creation. We live on the bottom, God is at the top. He also mentioned the sun, moon, and stars going in straight lines on a grid that involves portals.
Speaker 2: Vinnie B.
Speaker 1: Yes, I actually saw this gentleman talking about something like that as well.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's the same guy.
Speaker 1: It probably is, but yeah, I heard somebody talking about something they learned from Vinnie B.
Speaker 2: I think if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: But Jordan, if you can DM me on Instagram and send me that video you're watching so I can see what his train of thought is MDMP twenty and Instagram it's Josh Monday Underscore Podcast.
Speaker 2: If you want to DM me on that. Okay, Jordan, thank you MDMP twenty two. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate it. So yeah, let's go ahead and get right into it. So I have a quick introduction for all of First Chronicles. So it says First Chronicles introduction. Chronicle serves as a post a Killic retelling of Israel's history, focusing on a Davidic covenant, the temple, and the legitimacy of the priestle royal lines for a community returning from Babylon. Written around four sixty to four hundred BC, likely by Ezra, it starts with extensive genealogies chapter one through nine and centers on David's reign. Chapters twenty nine are ten through twenty nine, highlighting spiritual renewal and divine worship. Key aspects of chronicles purpose to encourage the returned exiles by reminding them of their heritage, God's covenant with David, and the importance of the temple structure. Chapters one through nine are geneologies tracing from Adam to posts Achilic are excelic community, highlighting the line of David and the tribe of Levi. Chapters ten through twenty nine the reign of David starting with Saul's death and establishment of Jerusalem as the capital, bringing the arc to the city and preparations for the temple. Themes the centrality of the Davidic monarchy, the importance of the temple and its ritual, and God's faithfulness to Israel's promises. Key differences from Samuel and Kings. The chronicler omits negative aspects of David's life the Bathshieva incident to present him as the ideal king and founder of temple worship. Temple's worship, the book bridges the history of the monarchy with the needs of the restored community, emphasizing that the promises of David will still we're still relevant for the future. Okay, So that's the introduction, and let me just go ahead and go over an introduction.
Speaker 2: For chapter one, real fast, so we have that first.
Speaker 1: Chronicles one provides the genealogical framework of the Biblical narrative, tracing the lineage of humanity from Adam to the twelve Sons of Jacob. This chapter underlines the link between divine providence and human history, weaving the ancestry of notable biblical characters. The record is more than just a list of names, but a testament to God's constant, our consistent presence throughout generations. The purpose in setting, the chronicler writes after the exile the Judas, when Judas survivors need to know who they are and where they came from. By sweeping from Adam to Abraham and pausing the name even Israel's rivals, the writer anchors and restored the restored community in real history and in God's larger plan. Okay, so let's go ahead and jump down to my teaching points.
Speaker 2: And I have a lot.
Speaker 1: Of notes because I have to make sure I keep this thing interesting. For some it's interesting, you know, learning the genealogy.
Speaker 2: For some it's not.
Speaker 1: So what I want to do is I'm going to read these names off and please forgive me if I ask any of these names, because I don't read Hebrew, you know. So if I'm going through the names and you feel like I'm asking them or something, I do apologize for that. So let's go ahead and start.
Speaker 2: So we'll started a first Chronicles.
Speaker 1: Chapter one, verse one, it says the family of Adam to Seth and then to Abraham.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here we go. We're gonna start this out, all right.
Speaker 1: When I look through this and I kind of knew what I was up against. Obviously, I need to make sure that I'm reading the whole entire Bible, like I promised. So we're gonna go through the whole entire Bible. So didn't matter where we were at in the Bible, we went through everything. And I want to make sure we go through the whole entire thing, and I think it's vastly important for us to do so. So this is what we're doing today, right. So first Chronicles one, verse one says Adam, Seth, Enosh, Canaan, Mahalil, Jared, Enoch, Mathuselah, Lamech, Noah, shem Ham.
Speaker 2: And Japith.
Speaker 1: All right, I didn't do too bad so far. So I'm feeling pretty good. So that's all we have so far, right, So this is the foundation of humanity right here. Okay, So we need to make sure we know these of course, because this is you know, it started with Adam and then they go to Seth and then the Enosh. Okay, so they're giving us the foundation of humanity here. Okay, So the foundation of humanity I'll go a little deeper into that.
Speaker 2: It says the.
Speaker 1: Concept of the foundation of humanity is deeply rooted in the Biblical narrative, beginning with the creation account in the Book of Genesis. This foundational event is pivotal in understanding the nature, purpose, and destiny of man of humankind as depicted in the scriptures. The Bible begins with the account of creation, where God is portrayed as the sovereign creator of the universe. In Genesis one six through twenty seven, it is written, then God said, let us make man in our image after our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, and over the livestock, and over the earth itself, and over every creature that crawls upon it. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God. He created him male and female, He created them. This passage highlights the unique status of humanity created in the image and likeness of God, setting humans apart from the rest of creation the image of God. The concept of being made in the image of God image oday is central to the Biblical understanding of humanity. The image endows humans with inherent dignity, value, and purpose. It implies a reflection of God's attributes such as rationality, morality, creativity, and relationality. The image of God also establishes the foundation for human responsibility and stewardship over creation, a set in Genesis one twenty eight. God bless them and said to them be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, in every creature that crawls upon the earth, all in its consequences. The narrative of the Fall in Genesis three marks a significant turning point in the foundation of humanity. Adam and Eve's disobedience to God's command result in the entrance of sin into the world, fundamentally altering the human condition. Romans five twelve states, therefore, just to sin enter the world through one man and death through sin. So also death was passed on to all men because all sinned. This event introduced a separation between humanity and God, affecting all aspects of human life and creation itself. Redemption and restoration. Despite the fall, the Bible presents a redemptive plan for humanity through Jesus Christ. The promise of redemption is first hinted at in Genesis three point fifteen, where God declares to the serpent, and I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed. He will crush your head, and you will strike his heel the First Gospel this proto Evangelum or First Gospel, foreshadows the coming of Christ, who would ultimately defeat sin and death. The New test Testament further elaborates on these redemptive work and one Corinthians fifteen twenty one through twenty two, where Paul writes, for since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes through a man. For as an atom, all die, so when Christ, all will be made alive. Through Christ's death and resurrection, the broken relationship between God and humanity is restored, offering eternal life to all who believe the New Creation, the culmination of God's redemptive plant is the promise of a new creation. Revelation twenty one one through four describes a future where God will dwell with his people in a renewed heaven and earth. Then I saw a new heaven and new Earth. For the first heaven and earth had passed away, and this sea was no more. I saw the Holy City, the New Jerusalem, coming down out of Heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away. This vision of the New Creation underscores the ultimate restoration and fulfillment of humanity's original purpose as intended by God from the foundation of the world. All right, that was just a beautiful thing I wanted to read. And it's very very important.
Speaker 2: For us to know that.
Speaker 1: So let me just jump back down to my notes here, and then we'll continue reading. Okay, let me get there. Things going a little fast. Okay, God's summon planning. Okay, we'll read that in a second. All right, Now, let's go ahead and start with verse four. The sons of Japith were Gomer, maygog Madai, Javin, to ball Mes, Shechek, and Tyrus.
Speaker 2: Y are Arras.
Speaker 1: The sons of Gomer were Ashk, nas Depath, and Tagama. The sons of Javin were Alisha or yeah, Alisha, uh Shah, Kiddim and Rodening.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll go ahead and continue. It says uh.
Speaker 1: In verse eight, it says the sons of him were Kush, Miserim, misraing put In Canaan. The sons of Kush were Seba, Hava, La, Saptah, Rama, and Sapteka. The sons of Rama were Shiba and ded Ankush begot Nimrod. He began to be a mighty one on the earth. Misserm begot lootim anamim Lahaibim.
Speaker 2: Nafta him.
Speaker 1: Path Resime cast Lehem, from whom came the Philistines and the Kaftereine. Canaan begot Sidron his firstborn and heath, the Jebusite, the Amurite and the Gergashite, the Hivite, the Arkite and the Synite, the Aradite, the Zemurite, and the Hammurit Hammatite, so Hammathite.
Speaker 2: So let's stop there real quick. Why is this important?
Speaker 1: Well because we have some giants mentioned here, okay, so that's kind of interesting. So we have Canaan begat sit on the firstborn of Heth okay, thebu Site, and then it says the Amorite. So we have the Amorites were king of Bashan, right, So you know, we believe that they were giants because in am To ten it says that they were biggest cedars.
Speaker 2: The Gurgashite, I'd have to look real quick.
Speaker 1: I know that the Zemerite or the Zamim were giants. Let me just hold on real quick, back to check this out real quick.
Speaker 4: I don't know about the Gurgashites, gurgas Shiites, Gurgashites.
Speaker 1: The Gurgashites, where an ancient canaan I tribe descended from handsome Canaan, often listed among the nations driven out by the Israelites, while some interpretations group them among the giants the Raphaium of Canaan. They're mostly mentioned as one of the seven Canaanite nations with limited specific information. All right, so they are listed within with the giants, because these are all giants, the Hipites.
Speaker 2: Let's check those out real quick. The Hipbites.
Speaker 1: While the Bible explicitly identify as group like the anachem Emim and Rafaim as giant nephilm and having Canaan, the Hibites are generally listed separately as one of the indigenous Canaanite nations. However, some interpretations just the hip Bites lived among or were associated with the.
Speaker 2: Giant clans during the conquest.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm not going to go through all of this because you guys probably don't care too much about that, but I it interests me, you know. But it's just interesting that it says that Canaan begot the Amorite. So the Amorite, so.
Speaker 2: Canaan.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So I just want to just make that little point there. I know, like I said, you guys don't really some people don't care too much about that, but I like to look that up.
Speaker 2: Let's continue verse seventeen.
Speaker 1: The Sons of sham Or Elam are sure are fact. Sad lud aram oohz whol gether and mashek Araksad begot Sheila, and Sheila begot Eber.
Speaker 2: And Eber was born two sons.
Speaker 1: The name of one was Peleg, for in his days the earth was divided, and his brother's name was Jock ten Jock ten begat allah allah Dad. That's kind of interesting. Hold on, let's stop the real quick. It's interesting that says for in his days the earth was divided. So probably because of the Tower of Bowel, right where the earth was divided, That's probably why it's mentioning that where the languages were divided, right, But was the actual earth divided. That's kind of interesting because I've heard somebody say, we know when they talk.
Speaker 2: About the earth being all together. Oh, I can't believe.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what that's called. Hold on, real quick, see you guys, I'm I'm.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't mean to bring this up. But Earth was what is it called, oh, Pangaea. It says that Pangaea was a super.
Speaker 1: Continent that existed approximately they say three hundred and thirty five to two hundred million years ago. But I would say maybe it was like fifty five hundred years ago. It could be like a Pangaea thing. I've heard someone have that interpretation for in his days, the earth was divided. I've heard someone say that was Pangaea. Was the earth together the flood happens. That's why you have kangaroos and all these different animals were able to come to the to the to the arc and then all of a sudden, you know, the water's immensed. And then then they ended up building the tower in Genesis ten and eleven. And then you know, maybe the Earth was divided. You know, maybe the continent spread and that could have that could have been something we don't know. But it's kind of interesting how it says that there that the Earth was divided right there. That's not necessarily my interpretation, but I like to give you guys different interpretations of what some people say. Some people say that when the Earth was divided, that it was actually the languages were divided and the earth was divided, meaning it was Pangaea. So it was connected before a lot of people that try to bring up the flood try to say, well, hey, this was a worldwide flood. Because I debated somebody on this, then, how could there be kangaroos and all these animals from different continents, is what they would say.
Speaker 2: So who knows. Maybe there's something to it, maybe not. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's interesting though, Let's continue it, says Hazara, Rameath Juran, Okay, sorry, joke, ten be got Alo Almodad, Shalev, Haser, Ravith, Juran had Aam. It was all Dick law A ball ab Emil Sheiba, Afeir, Hava La and Joe bab All these were the sons of Jock ten and guys, stick with me, okay, because I do have an explanation of what we're reading.
Speaker 2: Shem racted Sheila.
Speaker 1: Eber peleg Rue, Siag Nohoor, Tarah and Abraham who is Abraham. The sons of Abraham were Isaac and Ishmael.
Speaker 2: So there we go. Let's stop there real quick and all right, and uh okay.
Speaker 1: The importance of heritage in verses five through twenty three lists the descendants of Jpith, Ham and Shem. You know, Jpith being the son of Noah, Ham being the son of Noah, and Shem being the son of Noah, Showing the spread of nations and the importance of heritage. And identity in God's plan Let's look up. The importance of heritage. Heritage in the Biblical context refers to the transmission of faith, values, traditions, and blessings from one generation to the next. It is a reoccurring theme throughout the scriptures, emphasizing the continuity continuity of God's promises and the responsibility of each generation to uphold and pass on their spiritual legacy. The concept of heritage is deeply rooted in the Old Testament, where God establishes his covenant with Abraham, promising that his descendants would inherit the land and become a great nation. Genesis seventeen to seven states, I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. This covenanial promise underscores the importance of heritage as a divine assurance passed down through generations. The Israelites journey from slavery in Egypt to the Promised Land is a testament to the significance of heritage. The land itself is described as an inheritance from God, a tangible representation of his faithfulness. In Deuteronomy four twenty, Moses reminds the people, but the Lord has taken you and brought you out of the iron furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance as.
Speaker 2: You are today. Okay, so the heritage.
Speaker 1: The Bible places a strong emphasis on the spiritual aspect of heritage. Parents are instructed to teach their children about God's laws and deeds. Deuteronomy six six through seven commands these words I am commanding you today are to be upon your hearts, and you shall teach them diligently. To to your children, and speak to them when you sit at home, when you walk along the road, and when you lie down, and when you get up. This passage highlights the role of family in preserving and transmitting faith. The Psalms also reflect on the importance of spiritual heritage. Psalms seventy four or seventy eight four declares we will not hide them from their children, but will declare to the next generation the praises of the Lord Yahweh and his might and the wonders he has performed. This verse emphasizes the duty to share God's works and character with future generations. Ensuring that his name is glorified perpetually. Heritage and identity. Heritage is closely linked to identity in the Bible. The genealogies found in the Books of Genesis and Chronicles serve not only as historical records, but also as affirmations of identity and belonging. They remind the Israelites of their roots in God's ongoing relationship with them and the New Testament. The genealogy of Jesus in Matthew One underscores his rightful place in the lineage of David, fulfilling the Messianic prophecies in affirming his identity as the Savior. The apostle Paul speaks in the spirit to the spiritual heritage of believers in Christ. In Roman's eight seventeen, he writes, and if we are children, then we are heirs, heirs of God and co errors of Christ. If indeed we suffer with Him, so that you may also be glorified, so that we may also be glorified with him. This passage reveals that through faith in Christ, believers inherit the promises of God become in part of a spiritual family that transcends earthly lineage. Preservation of heritage, the Horns against the neglect of heritage and Judges two ten. It is recorded after the whole generation had been gathered to their fathers, another generation rose up who did not know the Lord Yahweh or the works that he had done for Israel. This serves as the cautionary tale about the consequences of failing to pass on the knowledge of God and his deeds. Hey, guys, when it says Lord, I say Yahweh because it's capitalized Lord, so I'd say Lord Yahweh.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm saying that, because that's what it means. Okay. The New Testament encourages.
Speaker 1: Believers to hold fast to their spiritual heritage and two Timothy one verse five, Paul commands Timothy, faith first lived and our first lived in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am convinced it is in you as well. This acknowledgment of generational faith highlights the importance of nurturing and preserving one's spiritual heritage. The Biblical narrative consistently underscores the importance of heritage as a me means of preserving faith, identity, and divine promises. It calls each generation to faithfully transmit their spiritual legacy.
Speaker 2: Ensuring the knowledge and worship of God enduring through time. So let me just hop back down.
Speaker 1: I got some more real quick before we go over a brief description of what we even just read in the Line of Promise Verses twenty four through twenty seven, where I was talking about Abraham and Isaac and Ishmael focuses on the line of Shem to Abraham, underscoring the covenant promise that God made with Abraham, which is essentral to the Biblical narrative. The line promise refers to the genealogical lineage through which God's covenantial promises were transmitted, ultimately culminating in the birth of Jesus Christ, the Messiah. This line is a central theme in the Biblical narrative, illustrating God's faithfulness and sovereign plan for redemption. Adam to Noah, the line promise begins with Adam, the first man created by God.
Speaker 2: After the Fall, God.
Speaker 1: Promised a future redeemer who would crush the serpent's head. The proto Evangelum or First Gospel, set the states for unfolding of God's debt to plan. The line continued through Adam's son Seth, as stated in Genesis Fire three, when Adam was one hundred and thirty years old, he had his son and his own likeness and his own image he named, and he named him Seth. From Seth, the line proceeded through Enos, Keenan, Mahaleel, jared Enoch, Mathuselah, Lahmek, and finally Noah. Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord, and he was chosen to preserve humanity through the flood, thus continuing the line of promise Noah to Abraham. After the flood, the promise continued through Noah's son Shem. Genis eleven traces the descendants of Shem, leading to Terah, the father of Abram, later Abraham. God called Abram out of er of the Chaldeans, promising to make him a great nation and to bless all the families of the earth through him. Genesis twelve, verses one through three, Abraham to Isaac and Jacob. Abraham's faith was tested and he was found right just before God. The promise was reaffirmed to him and passed to his son, Isaac, the child the promise born to Sarah in her old age Genesis twenty one to twelve states but God said, But God said to Abraham, do not be distressed about the boy, and your maid servant listened everything Sarah tells you through Isaac, your offspring will be reckoned. Isaac married Rebecca, and the promise continued through their son, Jacob, later named Israel. God reiterated his covenant with Jacob, saying, I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants to land which you now lie. Genesis twenty eight thirteen, Jacob to Judah. Jacob had twelve sons who became the patriarchs of the twelve tribes of Israel. The line of promise was carried through Judah, as promised by Jacob up in Genesis forty nine to ten, the scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet until Shiloh comes and the allegiance of.
Speaker 2: The nation is his.
Speaker 1: Judah to David. The lineage continued through Judas descendants, leading to Jesse, then to David, the shepherd boy, who became king. God made a covenant with David, promising that his throne would be established forever Tewod Samuel seven, verse sixteen. This covenant further solidified the line of promise, pointing to a future king who would reign eternally.
Speaker 2: David to Jesus.
Speaker 1: The genealogies of the Gospels of Matthew and Luke trace the line of promise from David to Jesus Christ. Matthew one one begins with the second record of the genality of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary. Fulfilled the prophecies and promise made throughout the Old Testament. He is the ultimate fulfillment of the line of promise, the Messiah who brings salvation to all who believe. Throughout the Bible, the line of promise demonstrates God's in wavering commitment to his covenant and his sovereign orchestration of history to bring about his redemptive purposes. Okay, so why am I reading all this to you? Because it's showing you. Like what we're reading here, this is like all important stuff. There's names here that you probably don't recognize, and there's names that you will recognize, but if you were actually a historian and you wanted to go through each individual one and find out about them and what they did, you might be able to find something in the Bible that kind of goes back to some of these people, and then you can find out biblically what's.
Speaker 2: Going on with them.
Speaker 1: And then some historians would try to grab you know, you know, some of these names that they may be found in history, archaeological finds or whatever.
Speaker 2: So, like I said, it's important. So let me just go over a brief description of what we just read.
Speaker 1: Give me one second here, I'm going down to my notes to make sure I'm missing anything because I can't make this too drive for you guys.
Speaker 2: I need to make this exciting, so I have to go through a lot of different notes, okay.
Speaker 1: So in Verses one first, Chronicles one one through twenty eight provides a comprehensive condensed genealogy from Adam to Abraham, highlighting the lineage of the seed of the Woman through Seth to Noah's son Shem. Written post exile, it establishes the Jewish people's direct historical connection to the founders of humanity and God's Covenant promise. Key aspects of the genealogy from Creation to Noah. Verses one through four traces the line from Adam through Seth to Noah, focusing on the godly line rather than Cain's descendants. The Nations five through twenty three lists the descendants of Noah's sons, japith, Ham, and Shem, to show that all nations share a common origin and are part of God's broader, unfolding and orderly plan. In verses twenty four through twenty eight, it's Shem to Abraham, focusing on the semi line culminating in Abraham, originally Abrahm, identified as the covenant recipient who fathered Isaac and Ishmael.
Speaker 2: These verses, along with.
Speaker 1: The subsequent chapters, serve as a skeleton framework that unites the entire Old Testament history, assuring returning exiles from the heritage and place in God's ongoing plan. The passage highlights God's sovereignty and history, tracing the lineage that ultimately leads to the promised Messiah. Let's go ahead and read the family of Ishmael. These are the genealogies. The firstborn of Ishmael was Nabajath, then Kadar, adbl Mivsham Mishmah, Dumah, Massah, Hadad, Tima, Tima, juturnt Fish, and Kiddema. These were the sons of Ishmael. Okay, so let me just go over a three description of what we just read there. So First Chronicles one twenty nine through thirty one list the twelve sons of Ishmael, son of Abram and Abraham and Hagar, who become heads of Arab tribes. The genealogy demonstrates God's faithfulness and fulfilling the promise that he made to Ishmael promise to make Ishmael a great nation Genesis twenty one eighteen. It highlights that God tracks every generation and fulfills his covenancial promises, even those outside the direct line of Isaac Key points regarding the meaning of First Chronicles one twenty nine through thirty one fulfillment of promise, The listing of Ishmael's twelve sons historical significance. These sons become heads of twelve tribes, representing the origins of the Arab peoples in the northern Arabian desert and surrounding areas. Contexts in First Chronicles, the Book of First chronicles Bride's extensive genealogy to show the continued continuity of God's coming to people, but including Ishmael's descendants immediately after listening Abraham. It emphasized the importance of Abraham's wider family line while setting the stage for the focus on the lineage of Isaac significant names. Several names, such as Kadar and Naboth are historically linked to nomadic Arab tribes mentioned in both other Biblical passages and secular history. How interesting, that's what I mean. You see how they can pull these names from the Bible and then bring it to secular history, which is great. Instead of denying the Bible and people try to deny that these people even existed. In essence, these verses illustrate God's sovereignty and faithfulness in creating nations, recognizing the descendants of Hagar within the larger framework of Abraham's family tree.
Speaker 2: All right, now, let's go ahead and check out the family of Kutah. Now.
Speaker 1: The sons born to Kuturah, Abraham's concubine, were Zimran, Jokhshan, Madan, Midian, Midian, Ishbach, and Shua. The sons of Jakshan were Sheiba and Didan. The sons of Midian were if ifir hanak Albadah.
Speaker 2: And el Dah.
Speaker 1: All All these were the children of Kutuah okay So and First Chronicles thirty two through thirty three details the descendants of Abraham through his wife concubine Kuttarrah, listing six sons Zimran, Djokashan, Madan, Midian, Ishbach, and Shua, and their offsprings including Shebaddan and Midian sons. These verses established the ge genealogical roots of various Arab tribes, confirming Abraham's wide influence and the fulfillment of God's promise to make him a father of many nations. These verses repeat the genealogy found in Genesis twenty five to one through four, highlighting the importance of accurate record keeping for the Israelites returning from exile distinction from the Covenant line. While Abraham gave gifts and sent Kutara's sons away to the east, the focus remains on Isaac as their heir and the Covenant, marking the boundary between the Chosen line and the surrounding tribes. Significance of nations the descent is listed. Particularly Midian plays significant roles in later Biblical history, the Midianites, the Queen of Sheba. Contexts of First Chronicles, the genealogy serves to remind the post exile community of the identity ancestry and God's faithfulness and preserving their history. These verses highlight the broader, non covenant family of Abraham, showing his significance outside the immediate lineage of Israel perfect. So this is all stuff that I'm learning as well. I think that when me and my wife went through the Bible, we probably just skipped it through all this. We probably didn't even read this part, you know, because we did sat down and we were going through the Bible together, and uh, this is probably something we didn't even focus on. But now that we've read from Genesis to to Chronicles, First Chronicles, you guys have like kind of done a three three chapter study with me, like on each you know, every week. So now there's gonna be names that you guys are gonna recognize that you probably would never recognize.
Speaker 2: Before if you didn't read the Bible all the way through. So that's what's cool.
Speaker 1: And then you're gonna you're gonna see some of these tribes like the midian Nites you remember them, or you know, the whole Rights, or the Hipites or the Amorites. You see these different tribes, you're like, oh, I know exactly because we read about all these tribes that they're that the Israelites were fighting, you know, the Chosen people versus.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, I'll do that. Actually after that.
Speaker 1: Now, the family of Isaac thirty four verse the four Says, and Abraham begat Isaac. The sons of Isaac were Esau and Israel or Jacob. Right. The sons of Esau were eliphaz Raoh rule It's Raul, Jayush, Jalam and Korah. And the sons of Ilafhas were timan Omar, Zeffie, Gatam, and Kenas and by Tima Amelek. The sons of Raoul or Raul were Nahaf, Ziah, Shama.
Speaker 2: And Miza. Okay, so let's see what we have here.
Speaker 1: That's thirty four through Oh I didn't get thirty four through thirty seven, Okay.
Speaker 2: No worries, all right, let's go ahead and continue. So we got thirty eight through forty two, yep. Okay.
Speaker 1: So the family of Syr The son of Sir were low Tan, Showball, Zibian, Annah, Deshon, Azir, and Dishon. And the sons of Loutan were Hori, Hamam. Lowton's sister was tim Na. The sons of Showball.
Speaker 2: Were Alien, Manathah, ebaal Chefee, and Onum.
Speaker 1: The sons of Zibeon were Aha and Ajah, and Annah son of Anah was Deshon. The sons of Dijon were Hamron, Ashbahn, Uthern and Sharon. The sons of Izir were bill, Han, Zavon, and Jakhan. The sons of Dishon were Us and Iran okay So and First Chronicles one thirty eight through forty two, which we just read, outlines the genealogy of Sir the whole right, saying the indigenous non Israelite inhabitants of Mount Sir Edom before they were conquered by Esau's descendants.
Speaker 2: These verses parallel.
Speaker 1: Genesis thirty six twenty eight or twenty through twenty eight, highlighting the fusion of the Whurites with the Edomites and emphasizing God's knowledge of all nations within his plan.
Speaker 2: Who was Sir.
Speaker 1: Sir was a Wurite representing the original inhabitants of cave or cave dwellers of the mountains region of Edom, which Esau later.
Speaker 2: Occupied.
Speaker 1: Significance in context. The inclusion of this line highlights the broader non Israelite populations. It shows the genealogy of those who inhabited the land before the Edomites thescendants of Esau, Jacob's brother took over historical accuracy. This section confirms the historical details found in Genesis emphasizes that God's covenantal history includes both Israel and neighboring nations. Key details list seven sons of Sir Loughtan, Schobal, Zibian, and deshaun Iszir Desham, along with their descendants fusion with edom. While the Wholite the Writes were conquered by the sons of Esau, they were not entirely wiped out, but instead integrated with the Edomites, as implied with the inner marriage between mentioned in Genesis thirty six, and they shared the region of Mount Syr in some way. This passage affirms that God knows that the records knows and records the history of all people peoples, not just the chosen line of Israel, highlighting the connection between the Edomites and the original people of the land, the Whorites.
Speaker 2: So let me just double check something real quick. We're the wh Rights giants. I looked at it before.
Speaker 1: The Wholites were originally inhabited on Mount Syr before being displaced. The Edomites and are not explicitly described as giants and the Bibles, but are often associated with such groups, while surrounding groups like the Emim and Achem were explicitly deemed giants. The Horights were cave dwellers later conquered by Esau's descendants. So that's interesting that they're cave dwellers. All right, cool, We're done there now, We're moving right on to verse forty three. The Kings of Edom. Let me take a drink of water real quick, all right.
Speaker 2: The Kings of Edom.
Speaker 1: Now these were the kings who reigned in the land of Edom. Before a king reigned over the children of Israel, Balah, the son of Bior, And the name of a city was Dunhabab. And when Balah died, Jobab, the son of Zirah or Basrah, reigned in his place. When Jobab died, Husham of the land of the Timanites reigned in his place. And when Husham died, ha Dad, the son of Bedad, who attacked Midian in the field of Moab, reigned in his place. The name of his city was if if If. When Hadad died, Somemlah and Mashraka reigned in his place. And when Shamlah died, Saul of Rohobath by the River reigned in his place. When Saul died, bal Hannan, the son of Akbar, reigned in his place. And when beil Hanan died, Hadid reigned in his place.
Speaker 2: And the name of his city was Pai.
Speaker 1: His wife's name was Maha, Maha Tabil, Maha Tabal or Tabel, the daughter of Matred, the daughter of Mazahab.
Speaker 2: Ha Dad died also.
Speaker 1: And the chiefs of Edom were Chief tim Nah, Chief aliyah Eliyah, Chief Jaff, Chief Ahalabama, Chief Allah, Chief Our, chief e Law, Chief Pinan, Chief Kanas, Chief Teaman, Chief Mibsar Are Mibsar, Chief Magdial, and Chief Iram. These were the chiefs of Edom. Okay didn't really start messing up on the names there till the end. But let's go ahead and go over a brief description of what we just read first Chronicles one forty three through fifty four lists the kings and chiefs of Edom, the Senates of Esau, who ruled before Israel had its own monarchy. This passage serves to highlight that Edom established a structured kingdom earlier than Israel, while emphasizing God's sovereignty over surrounding nations and providing genealogical contexts for the post excellent community.
Speaker 2: Contacts within scripture.
Speaker 1: The passage directly mirrors the genealogy in Genesis thirty six thirty one through forty three, tracing the lineage of Edom Esau pre Israelite monarchy.
Speaker 2: The passage explicitly notes that these kings reigned before any king reigned over the children of Israel, acknowledging Edam's earlier political development.
Speaker 1: As seen in the Bible study tools the list of kings and chiefs, the text serves named several kings the law I'm not going to name them all again, and later trends transitions to listing chiefs or clans. The purpose for the audience. The chronicler, writing after the Babylonian exile, included this to show that God is the Lord of all nations, not just Israel, and that he oversaw the history of Israel's neighbors as well. Symbolic significance, This inclusion of non Israeli King Israeli the Kings emphasizes that God's providential care extends globally or.
Speaker 2: Internationally.
Speaker 1: Is what we would say, even when the primary focus remains on the Covenant line.
Speaker 2: The past.
Speaker 1: It serves as a bridge, reminding the Israelites of their history relative to their neighbors while highlighting God's meticulous sovereign control over history. That is the end of Chapter one. The Chosen People is what I have here in my notes, Verses twenty eight through fifty four detailed the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Esau, leading to the twelve tries of Israel, God's Chosen people, through whom He would bring salvation to the world. What is the Chosen People? The term chosen people refers to the Israelites who are selected by God to fulfill a unique role in his divine plan. This concept is deeply rooted in the Biblical narrative as a sense and essential to understanding the relationship between God and humanity.
Speaker 2: Has depicted in the scriptures.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the ideas of the chosen people is first introduced in the book of Genesis, where God makes a covenant with Abraham Genesis twelve, verses one through three. God calls Abram later Abraham and promises, I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you. I will make your name great so that you will be a blessing. This covenant established the foundation of the Israelites as God's chosen people, a theme that has reiterated throughout the Old Testament. In Deuteronomy seven, verse six, Moses reminds the Israelites of their special status. For you are a people holy to Yahweh, your God. The Lord, your God, has chosen you to be a people for his prized possession above all peoples on the face.
Speaker 2: Of the earth.
Speaker 1: This verse underscores the unique relationship between God and Israel, emphasizing their role as a holy nation, or I would say the relationship between God and the Israelites, emphasizing a role as a holy nation set apart for His purposes. The Israelites were chosen not only for the privilege, but also for responsibility. They were to be the light to the nations, demonstrating God's holiness and righteousness. Isaiah forty nine six articulates this mission. I will also make you a light for the nations, to bring my salvation to the ends of the earth. The chosen people were to exemplify God's laws and serve as a conduit for his blessings to all humanity. Covenantial relationship. The relationship between God and the Israelites is characterized by a series of covenants, including those with Abraham, Moses, and David. These covenants outline the terms of the relationship, including blessings for obedience and consequences for disobedience. In Exodus nineteen five through six, God declares, now, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you will be my treasured possession out of all the nations, for the whole earth is mine, and unto me, you shall be a kingdom of priests.
Speaker 2: And a holy nation. Challenges and faithfulness. Throughout their history, the Israelites faced.
Speaker 1: Numerous challenges in maintaining their covenantial relationship with God. The Old Testament recounts periods of faithfulness and rebellion, with prophets often calling people back to the covenantial obligations. Despite their failures, God's commitment to His chosen people remain steadfast, as seen in passages like Jeremiah thirty one, verse three. I have loved you with an everlasting love. Therefore I have drawn you with loving devotion. New Testament perspective and the New Testament, the concept of all chosen people is expanded to include all who believe in Jesus Christ, both jew and gentile. All right, guys, so that's very important for people to know. The apostle Peter writes in One Peter two nine. But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession and to proclaim the virtues of him who called out of darkness into who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. This passage reflex of the continuity, continuity, and expansion of the idea of chosenness, emphasizing the spiritual identity and mission of believers in Christ. So let's stop there real quick and give my two cents. So can someone be God's chosen people if they don't believe in Jesus and if they don't worship Jesus, you know, like, if they don't believe that Jesus died on the cross and rose again after three days. Like I think it's First Corinthians fifteen, verses one through four says can they still be God's chosen people? That is an you know, that isn't a question that a lot of people have been debating for a very long time. There's something out there called dispensationalism, where I know I'm getting off subject to you guys, but this is kind of goes along with what I just read. Dispensationism would say that God has a plan for Israel and that they're going to repent and that they're going to come, you know, to believing in Jesus. Right, That's what dispensationalism is about, you know. But some people would say that they already had their chance and they deny Jesus and that they're no longer God's chosen people. That is a debate going on right now between Christians. You will see it out there a lot, you know, because.
Speaker 2: It's something that.
Speaker 1: Is going to be debated because of some of the verses that you see in the New Testament that talks about Jews, first to the Jews, then to the Gentiles. Right, So it looks like the chosen people was expanded to Jews and Gentiles, so it's kind of interesting look deeper into it. I don't want to give you my opinion on that or anything like that. I just want to tell you guys to look deeper into it. It's very important. I've seen people like sam Chimone, which you know, he's sometimes he's a little nasty when he talks to people. So if you're going to listen to him, just be be prepared because if he's debating somebody, he does not he does not he's not nice to them. He acts like they're they're his enemy, you know, like you know Muslims and and other people that try to debate him. But his whole point when I listened to him, which you know, he said that they had a chance the Messiah came that they've been told is going to come, and they denied him, which.
Speaker 2: Is Jesus right.
Speaker 1: And since they denied him, they no longer have a place like in a God's heart like that, like they're not God's chosen people anymore.
Speaker 2: Because in.
Speaker 1: First John it says that if you do not know, if you do not know the son, then you don't know the Father. So if you don't know the Son, like the Israelites or the people in Israel now today, not all of them, some of them are Messianic Jews. But if they don't know the Son, then they cannot know the Father. Plus, we pray through Jesus to God, right, so he's like our bridge. So if they don't have a bridge, then how are they praying to God? You know, like what are they doing? Are they just praying to Yahweh? And Yahweh is still giving him a chance? What about all the ones that already died already? Like, is God gonna h grandfather all of them in when when the Jews, you know, all the Jews come to come to Jesus, which is what dispensationalism says, is God going to grandfather all their descendants and everybody in and bring him to heaven even though they deny Jesus. Well, our our belief in Christianity is that if you deny Jesus, then Jesus is going to deny you before the Father.
Speaker 2: That's what Jesus says.
Speaker 1: So if you deny me in front of Man, I'm going to deny you in front of the Father. So what's happening in Israel right? Now if you're if you're Jewish, you're denying Jesus. So in turn, in turn, what's the Bible going to say to them? Well, the Bible says in the New Testament that if you deny me, I'm going to deny you in front of my father. If you deny me in front of man, I'll deny it from my father. I'm just paraphrasing that verse. Okay, I have to look exactly what it says. It it's something like that.
Speaker 2: So we need to understand that.
Speaker 1: That once we got we got, we did get adopted into the family. Okay, so it was the Jews in the beginning. But what happened Teeter toddying between bail Astaroth, all these things happened in the Old Testament that we've been reading and going over, so you can have a better.
Speaker 2: Understanding of this.
Speaker 1: And now we have God's sending his only begotten son John three sixteen to die for our sins, and Jesus fulfilled all these prophecies. The Messiah was right in front of them, and they could not see him because of their hardheartedness. They cannot see that this is their Messiah, and they deny it.
Speaker 2: To this day. So if you guys want to.
Speaker 1: Do a side study, I would do a side study on dispensationalism and that type of stuff. If you want to wait until we get to that point, which we will in the Book of Daniel, then you can wait and continue just with this study and just maybe not study all that and just study what I'm telling you about. But all I'm telling you is that it gets very interesting, and I don't know what the end. The answer to that debate is conspiracy. Theorists would say that Israel is not They're not the Israelites even in Israel right now. I'm not saying that you should believe that. I'm just telling you that, you know, they would say that they're Ashkenazi or there some other European Jews. They're not even the real Jews. And then there's also like you have these Hebrew Israelites now, like you know, African American sect that came out that is basically saying that the Jews in Israel are not the true Jews of the Synagogua Satan and that they are the true Jews Israelites, you know. So, I mean, You've got a lot of things going on out there that where people are claiming things, but it's up to us to study a matter to show thyself approved. You know, that's what God would want you to do. So this is just we're just going over this because of what we.
Speaker 2: Just talked about. Okay, I'm not trying to get sidetracked.
Speaker 1: Here, but we do have to keep these names and everything keep it interesting, right, So I'll continue with this little theological significance. It says the notion of the Chosen People. It's significant and understanding God's redemptive plant highlights God's sovereignty, grace, and faithfulness, as well as the responsibility of his people to live according to his will. The Chosen People serve as a testament to God's enduring love and his desire to bring salvation to all nations through his covenantal promises all nations. Right, So I think we're all God's chosen people now, especially if you're saved, and you know, I think that we are God's chosen people.
Speaker 2: So it gets interesting. But that was all I had for the notes and for First Chronicles chapter one. Let me just go ahead and go over some Let me go over some.
Speaker 1: Couple things before we move on to practice applications. We have embraced your spiritual heritage. Just as the istory oflites valued their genealogical records. We should cherish our spiritual heritage and identity in Christ. Next, recognize God's sovereignty. Trust in God's sovereign plan for your life, knowing that He has chosen you for a purpose, just as He chose individuals throughout history. Next, we have value every person. That's key. The genealogies remind us that every person is part of God's creation and plan, encouraging us.
Speaker 2: To value and respect all people. That is key. We need to do that for sure. I believe that to it.
Speaker 1: You know, we need to value and respect all people. When someone is a Muslim, or someone is any any religion, or any any anybody.
Speaker 2: I think that you know, any any ethnicity. I think we should respect all people. We should definitely be uh man, this is gonna. I need to pull that out.
Speaker 1: I think we should respect all people. You know, that's what we're taught to do. We're taught to love our neighbor as ourselves. Right, love our neighbor as ourselves mean everybody doesn't mean only Christians, it means everybody. So we need to definitely be a beacon of light in this crazy society we live in and make sure that we are, you know, not living of the world. We want to be not of this world.
Speaker 2: Okay. Next, we have live with purpose.
Speaker 1: Understanding that God has a plan for each of us should inspire us to live purposefully and intentionally, seeking to fulfill His will in our lives. Let's check out some additional scriptures that connect Genesis five, Chapter five, and Chapter ten. These chapters provide parallel genealogies, offering additional context and details about the descendants of that Them and Noah Matthew one one through seventeen, the genealogy of Jesus Christ, showing the fulfillment of God's promises through the line of Abraham and David. Next, we have Romans nine six through eight, Paul's discussion on the true children of Abraham, emphasizing faith and God's promise rather than mere physical descent. That's the thing that's the key, right is Romans nine six to eight, And there's a lot of other verses if you want to do that study. But faith in God's promise rather than mere descendant, like if you're a physical descendant doesn't mean that you're that you're in right, You're not God's chosen people just because you're a physical descendant. But some people would argue that they are right that just because they're an Israelite, they're God's chosen people.
Speaker 2: But I would argue.
Speaker 1: At least that you would need to believe that Jesus is your Lord and saviors. So if you have physical descent of the Israelites and you believe Jesus is your Lord and savior, so like a Messianic Jew, then you're part of God's chosen people. If you are denying Jesus, I don't see how someone's gonna end up getting to heaven because that's just part of Christianity of what we believe. You have to believe that Jesus died on the cross, rose again after three days, right, So that's one Corinthians fifteen, verses.
Speaker 2: One through four. Like we have to believe that, we have to believe in John three sixteen, you know, forever believe in him have everlasting life.
Speaker 1: Right, So for God gave his only begotten son, forever believe that in him should have everlasting life. So I don't see in Christianity how we could believe that someone can go to heaven without believing in Jesus, right, I mean, that's like Christianity one on one. So let's go ahead now and jump to First Chronicles two. Everybody that's listening and following along, like I said, I really appreciate.
Speaker 2: You like so much sticking with me.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, when when I look at the chapters that I have to get into in the beginning of the study and I see chapters like this, my mind immediately as a human being goes.
Speaker 2: To, oh, I hope that the that the audience stays engaged.
Speaker 1: So what I was doing, like, Okay, how am I going to keep anybody engaged? Well, besides the teaching points which is awesome in those Bible study notes that I have, which is thank God, I mean, thank the lower have this also kind of going a deeper dive on why we're reading it. I like this whole description of what we're reading as well. So let me just go over a quick introduction of First Chronicles Chapter two. First Chronicles two presents an in depth genealogical record tracing the lines of Israel's tribes. What they focus on the descendants of Judah, the royal line that leads to King David. Despite being a list of names, this chapter eloquently speaks of God's grand design for his people, unfolding over generations. Let me just jump down to my teaching points and we'll read the family of Israel. These were the sons of Israel or Jacob, Okay, Ruben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Ishakar, Zebulun, Dan, Joseph, Benjamin, Naftali, Gad, and Ashure.
Speaker 2: Okay, as sure, sorry, not as sure as sure?
Speaker 1: So the importance of genealogy, what's the importance? Well, first, Chronicles two one through two begins with the sons of Israel or Jacob, set in the stage for the focus on Judah's lineage. The genealogy underscores the importance of family, heritage and God's covenant with his people. All right, so we're about to go for between three and seventeen from Judah to David, which is which is great, it's judas prominence.
Speaker 2: But let's just go go ahead and check out what we just read with the twelve tribes.
Speaker 1: Here, Chronicles two, verses one chapter or verses one through two lists the twelve sons of Israel Jacob, establishing the foundational genealogy for the tribes of Israel and highlighting God's covenanial faithfulness through generations. It marks a shift in the chronological or in the chronicle, from the earlier descendants of Adam and Abraham to the specific organized family line from which the dividic kingdom and eventually Jesus would emerge. The Twelve Sons the passes lists the twelve tribes of Israel, which we went over shift to Judah while listing all sons. This chapter serves as an introduction to the focus on the tribe of Judah, leading directly into the genealogy of King David, which occupies the rest of the chapter. Order differences The order of the names differ from list and genesis, possibly reflecting historical, cultural, or religious significance e g. Placing Dan before Rachel's sons notes the placing Dan's before rachel sons okay symbol of continuity. These verses signify that the post Ecolic community, let's say, exolic, I guess it's like because it's like the post exile community reading this as recorded, was still the chosen covenant family of God.
Speaker 2: Emphasis on grace.
Speaker 1: The genealogy includes individuals with flawed pass demonstrating that God's plans are achieved despite human imperfection. In in essence, these verses validate the identity, heritage, and continuity of Israel as God's chosen people, said in the State for the rise of the Messianic line through Judah.
Speaker 2: All right, so so far, so good.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead and look at first Chronicles two, verse three from Judah to David. The sons of Judah were er Onin and Sheila. These three were born to him by the daughter of Shua the canaanitis. Er the firstborn of Judah, was wicked in the side of the Lord, so we killed them, and Tamor his daughter in law, bore him, Perez and Zira. All sons of Judah were five. So let's go ahead and see what's going on there.
Speaker 2: So Tamyr was Judah's daughter in law.
Speaker 1: Judah was wicked the side, okay, so first one, so he killed him, and tomorrow his daughter in law bore him Perez and Zira. So do you remember when Tamar was basically like a prostitute or acting like a prostitute, and went to Judah and then Judah. Uh, then she asked for his chain which is like like his uh, his necklace, and his necklace had like his his his.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what it was, his increscent on it, you know.
Speaker 1: And basically he knew once he saw that crescent on Tomorrow's neck that that was actually him, that was actually her that slept with him, and she ended up pregnant and having Perez and Zirah. So which is interesting because Perez is actually in the line of Jesus. Okay, so that act, that wicked act, still brought Perez, which Perez was in the line of Jesus. So very interesting. So let me just go ahead and continue. The sons of Perez were Hezron and Hamul. The sons of Zirah were Zimri, Ethan, he Man, cal Cole, and Durrah. Five of them in all. The son of Karmi was a car the troubler of Israel, who transgressed in the accursed thing.
Speaker 2: The son of.
Speaker 1: Ethan was Azariah or Azariah, the son of Hezron were born to him where Jeremiel, ram chel Bai, Chilubai, ram begot am Am Nadab and Amnidad begot Nashan leader of the children of Judah. Nashan begot Salma, and Salma begot bo Az, bo As begot Obid and Obid begot Jesse. Jesse begot ilieb his first born a Ben Adab, the second, Shamiah, the third, Nathaniel the fourth, Radia the fifth, and Ozem the sixth, and David the seventh. So bo As was the was married to Ruth. Okay, so that's who that is. Boas begot Obed and Obed be got Jesse. Jesse is David's father. Then Jesse begot these other people. Ilia was first born a Ben a Dab, the second, Shamiah, the third, Nathaniel was it, Nathaniel, the fourth, Radie the fifth.
Speaker 2: Was in the sixth, and then David the seventh. Okay, So that's what we're reading there now. Their sisters were Zurai and Abigail.
Speaker 1: The sons of Zurai were Abashi, Joe, ab a Shield three. Abigail bore Amasa, and the father of Amasa was Jetherer the ishmael Lte Okay.
Speaker 2: So in first Chronicles three, hold on, I think let me just uh, I don't know if.
Speaker 1: You guys can hear my dog barking, but very loud. First Chronicles two, three through seventeen provides the genealogy of Judah, highlighting the lineage leading to King David and ultimately Jesus Christ. It emphasizes that God fulfills his promise through a specific, albeit flawed bloodline, starting with Judas's sons and focusing on Perez, has Run and Jesse to establish the royal Messianic line the line of promise. Although Judah was the fourth son of Jacob, his genealogy is highlighted first because the dividic.
Speaker 2: Kings and Messiah Jesus descending from him. Grace over perfection.
Speaker 1: That genealogy includes individuals with dark or scandalous history, such as er wickedness, owning in tamorrow, ancestrious difficult circumstances, showcasing that God's purpose is accompanied through grace human perfection. Verses ten through seventeen trace to lineage directly to Jesse, the father of King David, grounding the monarchy in a solid historical lineage. Texts for exiles written post exile, this genealogy reminded that returning Israelites of their covenant connection to God, giving them hope that God was restoring the kingdom through the line of David, Judah, founder of the royal tribe, Perez, son of Judah, and Tamar, through whom the line continues has Ron, grandson of Judah, on ancestor of David, Jesse, David's father Mark, and the culmination of the specific highlighting line. This passage emphasizes that God uses imperfect people to fulfill his perfect, redentive and royal plans, pointing toward the ultimate son of David.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ. Thank you for I just had to get that dog inside. Okay, So I have some notes on we go back to share the screen. I have some notes on Judah's.
Speaker 1: Line, real quick, okay. So it says Juda's prominence. Verses three through four highlight Judas's sons, emphasizing the tribe significance. Judah was prophesied to be the royal tribe Genesis forty nine ten in this chapter traces the line leading to King David and ultimately to Jesus Christ. So Judah, one of the twelve tribes of Israel, holds a place in significant prominence in the Biblical history and theology. The tribe's importance is rooted in its ancestral lineage, territorial inheritance and prophetic destiny. Judah's prominence is evident in its leadership role among the tribes, its association with the Davidic monarchy, and its connection to Masonic prophecies ancestral lineage. Judah was the fourth son of Jacob and Leah, and his name means praise Genesis twenty nine, thirty thirty five. Despite not being the firstborn, Judas's action and character often positioned him as.
Speaker 2: A leader among his brothers.
Speaker 1: Notably, Judah intervened to save Joseph's life, suggesting they sell him rather than to kill him Genesis thirty seven, twenty six to twenty seven. This act, though flawed, demonstrated a sense of responsibility in leadership. Territorial inheritance, the tribe of Judah received a significant portion of land in the southern part of Canaan, as detailed in Joshua fifteen. This territory included Jerusalem, which would later become the political and spiritual center of Israel. The land of Judah was fertile and strategically located, contributing to the tribe's economic and military strength. Leadership and monarchy. Judas's leadership role is further emphasized in the blessing Jacob bestowed upon his sons and Genesis forty nine eight through ten. Jacob prophesied that Judah would be the leader among his brothers, and that the scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet until Shiloh content comes. This prophecy pointed to the enduring leadership in royal lineage that would from Judah. The fulfillment of this prophecy began with King David, a descendant of Judah, who established a dynasty that would.
Speaker 2: Rule over Israel.
Speaker 1: David's reign marked a golden aide for Israel, characterized by military victories, territorial expansion, and the establishment of Jerusalem as the nation's capital. The Davidic Covenant, as recorded in two Samuel seven, promised that David's descendants would rule forever, further solidifying Judas prominence Messianic prophecies. Juda's prominence is also intricately linked to Messianic prophecies.
Speaker 2: The expectation of the future ruler.
Speaker 1: From the line of David, who would establish an everlasting kingdom as a central theme in the Old Testament. Isaiah eleven one speaks of a shoot from the stump of Jesse, David's father, who would bring justice and peace. This prophecy, along with the others like Micah five two, which foretells the birth of a ruler in Bethlehem, underscores the Messianic hope rooted in Judah. Essmon identifies Jesus CHRISTI as a fulfillment of these prophecies. Matthew one one through sixteen traces jesus genealogy back to David and Judah, affirming his rightful place as the promised Messiah. Revelation five to five refers to Jesus as the lion of the tribe of Judah, highlighting his authority and victory spiritual significance. Judah's prominence extends beyond political and territorial aspects to spiritual significance. The tribe name meaning praise reflects to call, reflects a call to worship and devotion to God. The psalms, many of which were authored by David, a Judaite, exemplified the spirit of praise and worship. Moreover, the experiences of the tribe of Judah included periods of faithfulness and rebellion, serve as lessons for spiritual growth and reliance on God's promises. The restoration of Judah after the Babylonian exile, as recounted in books like Ezra and Naemiah, demonstrates God's faithfulness to his covenant people. Conclusion, judas prominence and biblical history is multifaceted, encompassing leadership, prophecy, and spiritual legacy.
Speaker 2: Through the tribe of.
Speaker 1: Judah, God established a royal lineage, fulfilled Messianic prophecies, and provided a model of praise and devotion perfect the role of women. Also, I'll go over before we jump to verse eighteen. The role of women Verses three through four mentioned Tamar, a woman who played a crucial role in Judah's lineage. Her account in Genus thirty eight a reminder of God's grace and inclusion of unexpected individuals in his plan. The role of women is a multifaceted topic that encompasses various responsibilities, rights, and expectations.
Speaker 2: As outlined in the scriptures. Women in the.
Speaker 1: Bible are depicted in diverse roles, ranging from leaders and prophets to mothers and homemakers, each contributing uniquely to the unfolding of God's plan. So creation in the Fall. The Bible begins with the creation of man and women in the image of God. Genesis one twenty seven. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God. He created him male and female he created them. This establishes the inherited dignity and value of both men and women, and Genesis too, Eve was created as a helper suitable for Adam Genesis two eighteen indicated a complimentary partnership. The Fall introduces a distortion of the original harmony between man and women. Genesis three succeed describes the consequences for Eve, your desire will be for your husband. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you. This verse has been interpreted as a shift in relational dynamics, introducing a struggle for authority and submission women in the Old Testament. Throughout the Old Testament, women play significant roles in the narrative of God's people. Figures like Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, and Leah are pivotal. In the Abrahamic lineage. Debra stands out as a judge and prophetesce leading Israel to victory. Esther's courage saves her people from destruction, demonstrating the impact of female leadership and bravery. The Proverbs thirty one, women are often highlighted as ideal womanhood. Ideal of womanhood, embodying virtues such as wisdom, industriousness, and the fear of the Lord. Proverbs thirty one thirty states charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord Yahweh is to be praised and the New Testament, women continue to play pivotal roles in the Early Church. Married the Mother of Jesus is honored for obedience and faith. Elizabeth Anna and Mary Magdalen are notably figures who witness and proclaim the works of God. Jesus' interactions with women often broke cultural norms, affirming their worth and dignity. He spoke with the Samaritan woman at the well John four, healed the woman with the issue of blood marked twenty five through thirty four, and appeared first to a woman after resurrection Matthew twenty eight one through ten.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So conclusion, the role of a woman in the Bible is complex and buried, reflecting both cultural contexts and divine principles. Women are portrayed as integral to God's redemptive plan, with roles that encompass leadership, service, and a family life. The Biblical narrative affirms the value and dignity of women, calling them to live out their God given purposes in accordance with scripture.
Speaker 2: All right, so let me just go ahead and go over the family of Hezron.
Speaker 1: Now, so first Chronicles two, verse eighteen, Caleb, the son of Hesron, had children by Azabah his wife, and and by Jurioth. Now these were her sons, Jeshure showbab art On. When Azuba died, Caleb took Frath and his wife, who bore him her and her begat Yuri and Yuri Beziliel. Now afterward, Hesron went to the daughter of Macarr, the father of Gilead, whom he married when he was sixty years old, and she bore seg Segab and Segab begat Jar, who had twenty three cities in the land of Gilead. Jeshar and Syria took from them the towns of Jir and Kannath, and in towns sixty in town sixty towns. All these belonged to the sons of Machir the father of Gilead after Hesron died in Caleb Efrithath Efrithal, Hesron's wife Abijab bore him Ashore, the father of Takooh.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what did we just read here?
Speaker 1: First, Chronicles two eighteen through twenty four details the genealogy of Caleb, son of Hesron, a branch of the tribe of Judah, highlighting his wives and descendants, including Beziliel. This passage reinforces the continuity of the Covenant line with Judah, tracing the important family lines and landownership Gilead after the Babylonian exile. Caleb son of Hesron the Caleb is distinct from Caleb the son of Jeffanoh the Spy. He is a grandson of Perez, the son of Judah. So though we know this is not the Caleb from the Old Testament, this is a Caleb of the Old Testament. But this is not the Caleb from the Book of Joshua. Okay, it's not the different Caleb the lineage of Bazil or Beziliel. The mention of her Ori and Beziliel is significant. Bezilido is the skilled craftsman appointed by God to build the Tabernacle interesting thirty one to two, showing his family line was chosen for a purpose. Polygamy and family structure. The text mentions multiple wives, Aziba, Jareth, and e Frath, which.
Speaker 2: Was common among leaders in that era. So I have a that's right, well, okay.
Speaker 1: So I have a friend that is a pastor, pastor rich Tidwell, and he believes in polygamy even nowadays. So that's something that he would probably use to kind of kind of say, hey, well they used to do it back then, but anyways, Sti'll want to bring that up right now. Significance of land. The text mentions Hesron's later marriage to the daughter of Makir and the territory of Gilead, highlighting the expansion of this family into specific, valuable territories. Context for post ex a like audience. For the Israelites returning from Babylon, the meticulous glogies serve to re establish their identity, inheritance and connection to the Davidic line, confirming that God's promises were still valid. The passage highlights that God works through specific family lines to fulfill his promises, even admits complex family histories and generations leading toward the ultimate lineage of David. And just just to be clear, I don't think polygamy is all right, So I don't believe that polygamy is okay for a Christian. Now that's he he believes different. And I'm still friends with him, you know, I'm you know, whatever he does, he does, you know, I'm.
Speaker 2: I'm not the judge of him.
Speaker 1: But he does stick to other strict biblical ordinances, you know, and he teaches the Bible well and everything, so you know, it's just something that he believes, and he brings a lot of Old Testament passages up for that book. I'm gonna want to get off subject. Let's continue the family of Juramil.
Speaker 2: Did I already he already went over that, right, Yes, okay, So now we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna be in verse twenty five the family of Juramil. So we'll read from twenty five to forty one, and let me see if I'm missing anything in my Nope.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: The sons of Jeremial, the firstborn of Hesron, were Ram, the firstborn of Banah, Loreen Ozim, and a Hijah. Jeremil had another wife whose name was Atarah. She was the mother of Onam, the son of Ram. The firstborn of Juramial were maz Jamin and Akir. The sons of ONEm were SHAMAMAI or SHAMAI and Jada. The sons of SHAMAI were Nadab and Abishar. The name of the wife of a Bisher was Abi Hail, and she bore him Aban and Mold.
Speaker 2: The sons of Nadab were Salid and a Pam.
Speaker 1: Salid died without children. The son of a Pam was Ishi. The son of Ishi was Sesshon, and Sesshon's son was a Hallad. The sons of Jada, the brother of SHAMAI, was Jehar and Jonathan. Jehar died without children. The sons of Jonathan were Pelith and Zazah. These were the sons of Jaramiel. When Sheean had no sons or only daughters, and Sesshon had an Egyptian servant whose name was Jarha, Sashan gave his daughter to Jarha, his servant, as wife, and.
Speaker 2: She bore him a tie. A tie begot Nathan, Nathan begot Sabad, Zabad begot.
Speaker 1: F law and law well uh we got Obid Obid begot Jehu Jehu begot Azariah, as Ariah, begot Helles Heles, begot Ali Shah or sorry Iliya Sa begot sis My and sis My begat Shalom Shalom, begat to Jackamiah and Jakamiah begat Elishma.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go ahead and go over a brief description of what we just read there.
Speaker 1: In second Chronicles twenty five through forty one details the genealogy of Jeamiel, the firstborn of Hesron and grandson of Judah. Have that in this descendants of the Jeremlites who settled in southern Judah. This section serves as to establish the legitimacy, land rights and historical continuity of are a continuity of this Arifrio clan with the tribe of Judah for those returning from the babylon exile. Lineage of Jeramiel Verses twenty five through thirty three lists the sons of Jeremil by his first wife and his end a second wife, documenting the expansion of this branch of Hezron's family. The case of Chuh Shishan in thirty four through forty one records that Shishan had no son's, only daughters. He gave his daughter in marriage to his Egyptian servant, Jarha, and their descendants are listed for several generations. For post XL Jews, these were lists were crucial for restoring property rights and establishing identity after the Babylonian captivity. The inclusion of an Egyptian servant, Jarha marrying into the family indicates that convenential inclusion was sometimes based on adoption or marriage into a righteous line, not just bloodline. The Jira Melites were linked to the Negev Southern Judah, an area associated with David's early life in battles. This genealogy emphasizes the meticulous preservation of family records and God's faithfulness in maintaining the tribe of Judah. All right, next we're going to be talking about the descendants of Caleb. The family of Caleb. All right, The descendants of Caleb, the brother of Jeremilh or Misha is first born, who was the father of Zeph or Zif, and the sons of Marishah Marshah, the father of Hebron, The sons of Hebron or Kurrah, Tapua, Rakim and Shima Shima begat Rahem, the father of Jekom or Jerichom and Rekham Begot Shamai. The son of Shemaia was Mohen. Mohen was the father of Beth Zirpa. Caleb's concubine Boor Haran Maza Ghaziz and Haran Begat Gaziz. And the sons of Jehadaih were Ragheem, Jotham, Gishon, pillet Apha, and Sahaf Makha. Caleb's concubine bore Shabir and tir Hannah. She also bore Shafat, the father of.
Speaker 2: Mad Maai are mad Mana.
Speaker 1: Mad Mana She the father of mak Banah and the father of Gibeah, and the daughter of Caleb was Ashah. These were the descendants of Caleb. The sons of her, the firstborn of Efratha were Shabal, the father of Kirjath and jerim H Salama, the father of Bethlehem and Hereth, the father of Beth. Gadar and Shabal, the father of Kirjath. Jerreim had descendants Heirah and the half of the families of Manu Hath, the families of Kirjath Jerim or the Earthites and the Puthites, and the Shuma Shumannite are Shumathites, and the Misholites Missurites, which for these came the Zoothites and the Issuelites.
Speaker 2: Was it s s Steolites.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's hard to pronounce some of these the sons of somehow were Bethlehem and then neophytes.
Speaker 2: It's it's hard for me to do the the fights. At the end, it's Pathites.
Speaker 1: Neophothites are taught beth Joab half of the Mana Heathites and the Zorites, that's easy. And the families of the scribes who dwelt in Jaba's were the Tirathites and the Shimiathites, and the such Thites. These were the Kanites who came from Hamath, the father of the house of Racab. Thank you for patients everybody with these names. First Chronicles two forty two through forty fifty five records the detailed primary territorial genealogy of Caleb, son of Hesbron, outlining how his descendants settled key areas within the tribe of Judah, such as hebron, Zip and Bethlehem. This section documents the expansion of Judah high clans, blending individuals with geographical locations and highlights the inclusion of non Israelite groups like the Kenites, territorial and tribal organization. These verses function as a record for the relationship between caleb Bite branches and the settlements, leaking family heads to specific cities in the Judaean Hill Country and Sheppela post Excellent contexts excelic contexts written for post Exalic Jews. This list helped identify land inheritance rights and establish continuity for families returning after the Babylonian captivity. The line of kalb It highlights the significant significance of Kalab but a different individual than Caleb's son of Jehonah, as a major figure in Judas development, whose lineage included influential families like and concubines Epha and Macaw Ma kaw Geographical and family blending, Many of the suns listed are also known as cities Hebron and beth Zurr, indicating that these were prominent family clans that found.
Speaker 2: Or controlled these locations. Inclusions of Kenites.
Speaker 1: The mention of the Rakabites Kenites in verses fifty four and fifty five indicates that these families, though originally separate, became integrated into the tribe of Judah. In summary, this passage provides a detailed geographic and genealogical snaps out of the caleb Bite clan within the Tribe of Judah, reinforcing their ancestral claims to land and their role in the kingdom's history. That's the end of chapter two. Let's go ahead and give you guys some practical applications for this chapter. Were you at practical applications?
Speaker 2: That's a.
Speaker 1: Practical applications we have. Value your heritage. Reflect on your own family history and how God has worked through it. Considered how you can honor your heritage while pursuing God's calling for your life. Trusting God's plan even when life seems chaotic. Remember that God is sovereign and his plans are perfect. Trust that He is perfect in all things for good Romans eight twenty eight. Next, embrace God's grace like Tamorrow, recognized that God's grace is available to all, regardless of past mistakes or societal status. Embraces forgiveness and redemption. Next one, acknowledge God's faithfulness. As you read through genealogies, be reminded of God's faithfulness throughout generations. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever Hebrews thirteen, verse eight, and then some additional scriptures that connect. We have Genesis forty nine, verse ten, the prophecy of Judah's royal lineage, and then we have Matthew one one through seventeen, the genealogy of Jesus connected back to First Chronicles two, Romans eight twenty eight assurance of God's sovereign plan for good, and then Romans thirteen eight the unchanging.
Speaker 2: Nature of God perfect. Let me go to chapter three.
Speaker 1: We have about twenty five minutes to finish this one, so I just want to make sure that we get through it. Let me go over a brief description introduction of First Chronicles three. First Chronicle three. First Chronicles three offers a meticulously structured list tracing the genealogy of King David through the kingly line of Judah, showing a progression from the renowned, renowned King David to his descendants who occupied the throne. This chapter is a testament to God's promise of a perpetual kingdom established through David's lineage. All right, so let's go ahead and go to chapter three.
Speaker 2: Let me get a drink. Thank you for your patience. All right, the family of David. So we're in first chronicles three. We're going to start at verse one.
Speaker 1: Now, these were the sons of David who were born to him in Hebron. The firstborn was Amnon by Ahim Noam the Jezreelites. The second Daniel by Abigail the Karmelitis. The third Absalom, the son of Macaw, the daughter of Talmai, king of Jashir.
Speaker 2: The fourth Adam Jai, the son of Hagith.
Speaker 1: The fifth Shephati by Abatall. The sixth Ithraim by his wife Igla. So you see how David had several different wives here, right, These six were born to him in Hebron. There he reigned seven years and six months, and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty three years. And these were born to him in Jerusalem Shamiyah, Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon four by Bathashua, the daughter of Emil. Also there were Ibhar, Elishama, Fheilet, Noga, neph Egg, Jefiah, Elishama, Elidia, and Eliphet.
Speaker 2: Nine.
Speaker 1: In all, these were all all the sons of David, besides the son of the concubines and Tamar their sister. All right, so that we'll stop there. Let me see how oh this is very short. Okay, we'll get through this in twenty five minutes for sure. Okay, So we went through one through nine David's lineage. First Chronicles three one through nine lists the sons of David, emphasizing the importance of his family in Israel's history. The genealogy underscores God's covenant with David, as seen in Tewod Samuel seventh twelve through sixteen. David, the second King of Israel, is a central figure in the Biblical history, renowned for his leadership, psalms, and his role in the lineage of Jesus Christ. His ancestry and descendants are significant to understand the fulfillment of biblical prophecy and the unfolding of God's covenant with Israel. Ancestry of David. David was the youngest son of Jesse, a Bethmlite beth Philamite from the tribe of Judah. Jesse was the son of Obid, who was the son of Boaz and Ruth. Very interesting, like I said earlier, the account of Boas in Ruth is a remarkable account of redemption and providence as Ruth, a Moabite woman, became part of the Israelite community and through her marriage to Boaz. So that's interesting, she's a Mobiite. Wow, So we went over Ruth already, right, So that's why I kind of noticed that that was Boaz. I know who Boas is. This unit is significant as it highlights God's inclusive plan and the integration, that integration of gentiles into his covenant people. The genealogy of David is outlined in the Book of Ruth and the Book of First Chronicles Ruth four eighteen through twenty two provides a concise genealogy. Now, these are the generations of Perez. Perez was the father of Hezrons was the father of Ram. Ram was the father of Aminidad was the father of Nashaun. Nasham was the father of Solomon. Salomon was the father of Boaz. Boaz was the father of Obed. Obed was the father of Jesse. Jesse was the father of David. David's reign and covenant David's rain is king is marked by his deep faith in God, his military conquests, and his establishment of Jerusalem is the political and spiritual center of Jerusalem are of Israel. Sorry, God made a covenant with David, promising that his throne would be established forever. The covenant is recorded in Tewod Samuel seven, verses twelve through sixteen. When your days are fulfilled, then you rest with your fathers. I will raise up your offspring after you, who will come from your own body, and I will establish his kingdom. He will build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will discipline him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men. But my loving devotion will never be removed from him, as I are moved it from Saul, whom I moved out of your way. Your house and kingdom will Enduel forever before me, and your throne will be established forever descendants of David. David's lineage continued through his son Solomon, who succeeded him as king and built the first temple. In Solomon's wisdom and wealth renowned. I'm not going to go over the Solomon part because we're about to read about.
Speaker 2: The family of Solomon.
Speaker 1: The line of David is meticulous recorded in the genealogy of the New Testament, underscoring its importance in the Messianic prophecies. Matthew one one through seventeen traces his genealogy to Jesus Christ, affirming his descendant dissent from David. The prophets foretold that Messiah would come in David's line, a promise that is central to the hope of Israel. Isaiah eleven to one prophesies a shoot will spring from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots will bear fruit. Jeremiah twenty three five through six also speaks of this promise. Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord. When I will raise up for David a righteous branch, and he will reign wisely as king, and will administer justice and righteousness in the land. And this day's Judah will be saved in Israel, will dwell securely. And this is the name by which he will be called, the Lord our Righteousness. The New Testament writers affirm that Jesus is the fulfillment of these prophecies. In Luke one two through thirty three, the Angel Gabrie announces to marry.
Speaker 2: He will be great, who will.
Speaker 1: Be called the son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the House of Jacob forever, and his kingdom will never end. David's lineage, therefore, is not only a historical record, but a testament to God's faithfulness and fulfilling his promises through Jesus Christ, the Eternal King.
Speaker 2: From the House of David. All right, now we read First Chronicles three, verses one through nine.
Speaker 1: It documents the genealogy of King David's sons, specifically separated them by his reign and Hebron six sons and Jerusalem thirteen plus sons, including Solomon and Tamar. This passes emphasized the establishment of the Davidic line, tracing the royal succession, high in God's faithfulness to his covenant despite the familial the familial dysfunction and moral failings of David's household. First Chronicles thirty one one through nine David's royal lineage. The passage list sons born to different wives and Hebron and Jerusalem, showing the growth of the royal family. The Hebron Sons one through four. Six sons were born during David's seven point five year reign over Judah, while Amnon and Absalom mentioned noted for their prominent, often tumultuous rules. The Jerusalem Sons thirteen sons were born in Jerusalem, including Solomon, who was chosen to succeed David, highlighting the transition of power contexts for post exilic I guess you could say that Exile Israel. Written for the returning exiles, the lists reminded them of their royal heritage and God's promised to maintain the Davidic line, which eventually led to Jesus significance. It serves to confirm the legitimate errors of David's throne and demonstrate that gods would have to plan continues through imperfect human agents. The passage acts as a bridge in the genealogies of chronicles, showing that even amidst family strife, God's covenanial promise that David remained secure.
Speaker 2: Right perfect. Let's go ahead and.
Speaker 1: Read the family of Solomon. Solomon's son was Raya Boham Abajah was his son A saw his son jehosephat his son Joram, his son, Jaziah, his son, joe Ash his son, Ozamiah, his son, Amaziah, his son, Azariah, his son, Jotham, his son, AHAs, his son, Hezekiah, his son, Nassai his son aim And his son, and Josiah his son. The sons of Josiah were John, but then the firstborn, the second Jehokim, the third, Zedekiah, the fourth Shaloom. The sons of Jehokim were Jack Andiah his son, and Zedekiah his son. Okay, so important all these people we read about in First and Second Kings, right, we're going through like all their reigns. Right. So, First Chronicles three, verses ten through sixteen outlines the royal lineage of Judah from Solomon through the Babylonian exile, focusing on the direct legitimate succession of dividic kings Raya, Boham, asaw Has, Akiah, Josiah, et cetera. It emphasizes God's covenant faithfulness in maintaining David's line despite exile and disobedience royal succession. The passage list the kings of Judah in chronological order, from Solomon into exile from nine thirty BC to five eighty six pc Solomon because Zedekiah. It documents the kings from Solomon's son Ray Boham down to King Zedekiah, under whom the exile occurred Josiah's sons. It identifies King josiah sons Johann, Jejokim, Zebit, Wait, Zedekiah, Saloon, and notes the lineage down to Jack Andiah, who was taken into exile. Theological purpose, the purpose demonstrates continuity in David's line, highlighting that God kept his promise despite Israel's failures. This genealogy, likely compiled after their return from exile, was essential for the people to identify the rightful descendants of David. The list underlines the ultimate in fulfillment of the Messianic promise, as the direct line eventually leads to Jesus Christ. Okay, so Solomon's reign. In Verses ten through sixteen traced the line of kings from Solomon, highlighting the continuity of David's royal line despite the challenges and failures of some kings. Solomon, the son of King David and Bathsheba, is one of the most renowned figures in Biblical history, known for his wisdom, wealth, and the construction of the First Temple in Jerusalem. His reign is detailed primarily in the books of First Kings and Second Chronicles, and he is also credited with the authoring several biblical books, including Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and the songs The Song of Solomon. Ascension to the throne, Solomon's pastor of the throne was not without challenges. As David's health declined, a power struggle ensured ad In Nijah, another son of David, attempted to claim the throne. However, Bathsheba and the prophet Nathan intervene reminded David of his promise that Solomon would succeed him.
Speaker 2: David then publicly declared.
Speaker 1: Solomon as king, as recorded in First Kings one thirty through forty, I will surely carry out today what I swore to you by the Lord Yahweh, the God of Israel. Solomon, your son shall be king after me, and he shall sit on my throne in my place. Wisdom and wealth. Solomon's wisdom is legendary, a gift from God in response to his humble requests for a discernment to govern the people. In First Kings three verses nine, through twelve. Solomon asked, give your servant therefore and understanding heart to judge your people and the discern between good and evil. Pleased with this request, God grants him unparalleled wisdom as well as rich as in honor. His wisdom is demonstrated in various ways, including famous judgment involving two women claiming to be the mother of a child. Solomon's ability to discern the true mother solidified his reputation for wisdom. This account is in First Kings three sixteen through twenty eight. Solomon's wealth and prosperity are also well documented. His reign is marked by extensive trade alliances and the accumulation of wealth. The visit of the Queen of Sheba, as described in First Kings ten one through thirteen, highlights the international fame and the splendor of his court. One of Solomon's most significant achievements was the construction of the First Temple in Jerusalem, at tasked his father David, was denied but was not oh that his father David desired but was not permitted to complete. Solomon's temple became the central place of worship for the Israelites, and How's the ark of the Covenant. The construction is detailed in First king six, Chapter six and chapter seven, and Second Chronicles three in chapter four, which we're going to get to soon, emphasizing the grandeur and meticulous craftsrom shit involved, craftsmanship involved, okay. Solomon's reign lasted approximately forty years, and his legacy is a complex one. He is remembered for his wisdom, the prosperity of Israel during his reign, and the construction of the temple. However, his lady years were marked by spiritual decline set in the states for eventual decision of the kingdom. Solomon's life serves as a reminder of the importance of faithfulness to God's commandments and the consequences of turning away from him. So, whoever is still with me here, if you're.
Speaker 2: Still with me right now?
Speaker 1: In First Chronicles, Chapter three, Verse seventeen, I want you guys to leave a comment on Spotify for me, or leave a comment on Patreon. I'll try to read them. I think there was a comment on Patreon. Actually, this woman was saying that just do I need help reading? I don't know if you were asking me, like, if you could comment on this one and let me know if you do read this, what you meant by that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I was asking for help on something, I'm not sure. But as far as me going through the Bible, I'll, you know, I kind of do it solo because I try to do it with a partner, you know, with several partners in the very beginning. And the thing is, I know that I will study, and I know that I'll put in the work to study the word that I'm going to go over, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Like to depend on anybody else, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that you yourself, if you were were thinking maybe to come and help with this, or if anybody wants coming up with this, I know that I will study. I've had a I have a I had a co host on my other show, Josh Monday Christian Conspiracy Podcast. It was my brother and a lot of the times he was kind of there for the comedic part and I was there. I was being serious about, you know, the conspiracies and everything. My brother was like, Hey, I need to lighten the mood up and I need to be the.
Speaker 2: Comedic part.
Speaker 1: And that's what he was, you know. So I don't know if he's going to come back to me. But anyways, I just wanted to let you know I did see that comment. I'll look through it again and see what you meant by that, or if you can leave me a comment, let me know.
Speaker 2: But there we go.
Speaker 1: So let's go ahead and jump now to verse seventeen, and it's the family of Jack and Ayah. Jack and Iah is interesting. So let's see if maybe any of my notes bring up that. But Jack and Iyah is somebody that's in Jesus's line, that was there was like a curse on him.
Speaker 2: So let's look this up.
Speaker 1: It says the family of Jack and Iyah. Or let's not look this up. I mean, let's read this. It says the family of Jack Andiah. And the sons of Jack and Iyah were a seer A Sir shaliel Teal Wait shil Teal his son. And these names are getting harder and harder as I go. I'm telling you, guys, Malcolm, ram Pidia, shen Azar, Jeckemiah, Hoshama, and Nedebiah. The sons of Padillah were Zarah, Ball and SHAMAI. The sons of Zeribaal were a Meshalam, Hannah Hannai shau Mith, their sister, and Hashibal o'hel Bevera, Kiah, Hasadiyah and Jushab has said five.
Speaker 2: In all the sons of.
Speaker 1: Hennaanaiah were Pelatiah and Joshiah, the sons of Raphaiah, the sons of Arnan, the sons of Obadiah, and the sons of Shekhanyah. The son of shek Andyah was Shamayah. The sons of Shamayah were hattush egle Bariah, Nariah and Shafat.
Speaker 2: Six. And all the sons of Nariah were Ilioniah, Hezekiah and arakham Azrakhim. Three. And all the sons of Elanyah and Obabiah Eliashib Playah a kub Joonah, Deliah. Is that it Deliah, and then I seven In all we made it. We made it. Wow.
Speaker 1: That is like tongue twisting, and trying to get all those names is crazy. But let's see what my notes say here. Exilic and post Exalic Generations Verses seventeen through twenty four cover the descendants during and after the Babylonian exile, demonstrating God's faithfulness preserving David's line even in difficult times. So says The Exileic and Postalic generations refer to the periods in Israel's history surrounding the Babylonian exile and the subsequent return to Jerusalem. These errors are pivotal in understanding the transformation of Jewish identity, religious practices, and the fulfillment or prophetic promises. The exile like period began with the Babylonian conquests of Jerusalem in five eighty six BC, an event that marked significant turning point for the Israelites. The Babylonians, under King Nebukonezer, destroyed the First Temple and carried a large portion of the population to captivity in Babylon. This period is characterized profound theological reflection and an adaptation of the Israelites, grappled with the loss of their land, temple, and monarchy. During the exile, the Jewish people experience a deepening of their faith and a renowned focus on the Torah. The absence of the temple led to the development of synagogues as centers for worship and community life. Prophets like Ezekiel and Daniel emerged during this time, offering messages of hope and future restoration. Ezekiel for instance envisioned a new temple and restored Israel Ezekiel forty, Chapter forty through chapter forty eight, while Daniel's visions provided assurance of God's sovereignty over the nations Daniel Chapter two, Daniel Chapter seven. The posts Exiley period began with the decree of Cyrus the Greater Persia in five point thirty eight BC, allowing the Jewish exiles to return to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple. This return fulfilled the prophetic words of Jeremiah, who had foretold a seventy year exile. The books of Ezra and Niemiah provide detailed accounts of the challenges and triumphs faced by the returning exiles. Ezra, ascribe and priests played a crucial role in re establishing the law and religious practices among the people. He led a second wave of returnees and was instrumental in the spiritual renewal of the community. Neamiyah, serving as governor, focused on the physical and social restoration of Jerusalem, including the rebuilding of the city walls Neemiah six Verse fifteen and sixteen. The Postixalic prophets Hagai, Zachariah, and Malakiah Malachi expressed the spiritual and moral issues of the time.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing a fly somewhere and it's like a loud fly. Sorry, guys.
Speaker 1: The posts okay ha Guy and Zachariah encouraged the people to complete the rebuilding of the temple, emphasizing that its glory would suppress surpassed the former temple a Guy two nine. Malachi confronted issues of complacency and called for genuine worship and faithfulness to the Covenant.
Speaker 2: Okay so.
Speaker 1: Biblical with the exile and post generations also witnessed the emergence of new literary forms, such as apocalyptic literature, which offered hope and assurance of divine intervention in history. This period laid the groundwork for the Messianic expectations that would later find fulfillment in the New Testament. Okay, so, so I'll go over a brief description of what we just read.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: Chronicles three seventeen through twenty four traces the royal lineage of David through the Babylonian exile into the post Exalic period, focusing on Jack and Aiah, Jehokiing Jehoi Chin and his descendants, including zero Ball, Zero Babel, despite the loss of Zeru Babbel, despite the loss of the three and the exile, these verses show God preserved David's line, providing hope for the future Messiah and confirming that God's covenant promises remain active. Key aspects of First Chronicles thirty three seventeen through twenty four include the posts exile like remnant the text list descendants of Jack Andiah, who was taken captive by Babylon. Although kingship seized, the line continues through Setteel or sil Til and zero Babel Zerobibel. I think that's what it is, Zerobabel, Sorry, I said earlier, Babel, who is central to rebuilding the temple.
Speaker 2: Significance of the lineage.
Speaker 1: That genealogy extends well after the exile, likely close to the time of Ezra or even Alexander the Great, demonstrating God's faithfulness of preserving the royal line hope admits ruined. The list demonstrates that God's purpose continued despite Judah's disobedience, captivity, and the decay of the royal glory connection to the Messiah. This genealogy served to show the preservation of the royal line, from which Jesus Christ would eventually come, highlighting the theme of redemption and the continuation of the Davidic covenant the past. It serves as a record of continuity, continuity ensuring the post exile exilic exilic community from their identity and God's continued, albeit different work through the House of David. So that's the end of chapter three.
Speaker 2: We got through this. Thank you Lord. I appreciate all of you guys staying sticking with this. Thank you. All right, let's go over some practical applications for your life. The reason why I say.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Lord is because going through all those names and not being able to speak Hebrew and trying to pronounce them for me is not the easiest thing in the world.
Speaker 2: So thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's go over some practical application. Trust in God's promises. Just as God was faithful to his covenant with David, we can trust him to fulfill his promises.
Speaker 2: In our lives.
Speaker 1: Next, value of heritage. Understanding our spiritual heritage can strengthen our faith and identity as part of God's family, perseverance through trials. The preservation of David's line through exile encourages us to remain steadfast in faith during our own trials, and then a couple scriptures that connect We have Tewod Samuel seven twelve through sixteen, God's Covenant with David promising in Everlasting Kingdom. And then next we have the same one that we had before, Matthew one one through seventeen, the Geology of Jesus, connecting him to David's line Romans one three through four. Jesus as the descendant of David declared the Son of God. Okay, so that's everything.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: We finished that up. That was great and we finished right in time. Three chapters were perfect.
Speaker 2: It's a let me just go ahead and stop the screen share.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you guys so much for tuning in. I really appreciate you sticking around for this. And do I have any updates or anything.
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: I don't really have any crazy updates. I think everything's been going pretty smoothly. The Bible studies I think have been going great. So I appreciate you guys sticking around. Like I said, if you guys can leave a comment on Spotify, leave a five star review on Apple, if you could on a Cult of Conspiracies page and my page.
Speaker 2: My page is Josh Monday Christian Conspiracy podcast on Apple.
Speaker 1: If you can leave a five star review and let me know my report card on how you feel I'm doing, that'd be great. And on cultic conspiracies as well, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: So thank you for tuning in. Let me just go ahead and end this in prayer.
Speaker 1: So, Father God, in the name of Jesus, thank you so much for this beautiful chronological order of everything that you want us to know. You know that the names are there for a reason. The history of all these names. I mean, we're kind of familiar with some, not all, but that's okay. You know, we're kind of just all learning here and we're we're on our own.
Speaker 2: Path here.
Speaker 1: So you know, encourage people. Lord, if you could, I encourage people to dig deeper. So if you can help them to dig deeper, and then I think this study went well these first three chapters. If you can help me teach to the best of my ability in these chapters the next you know three coming up, and also on Wednesday service as well. Lord, if you could assist me to teach, help me to teach the best as I can, and also help me to pronounce some of these names a little better and help me to read better. Help me to know all the words that I'm reading. Lord, and have the Holy Spirit speak through me. Lord, please as I'm teaching. Thank you everyone that's listening. Lord, please bless their life. Please assist them with their health, any type of health issues, any type of money issues, or anything.
Speaker 2: That people are going through.
Speaker 1: Lord, Please the system right now, any spiritual battles are going through. Lord, please the system supernaturally and assist and help them. There obviously knocking on the door, and you say, if you're knock on the door, let it be open. So people are knocking on the door. That's why they're here listening to the Bible studies. So please help them. Thank you, Lord, we love you and appreciate you.
Speaker 2: In Jesus' name. Amen, thank you for tuning in. I really appreciate you. Guys.
Speaker 1: If you want to check out my show, it's Josh Monday Christian Conspiracy Podcast. If you want to check me out on Instagram, it's Josh Monday Underscore Podcast. If you want to follow me, and if you have any questions you can always DM me. Thank you, and then my YouTube is Josh Monday Music and Podcasts.
Speaker 2: So thank you. For tuning in. Appreciate you and God bless you.