Speaker 1: Yeah, ye three twenty.
Speaker 2: Three, Well welcome everybody is to Tuesday April, no fool in first twenty twenty five. This is Sparta. I'm your host, Jason Straighthorn. And where's uh? I got my co host west Word? Oh it's up the time it is.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Who is a baby? Boys Time Baby thet sponsor alert. Everybody's boys life? Now the official finds an efficiis Sparta a man shoe baby, Let's do it. Chor's life, We love him. Everybody wants to know what's in the red cups all the times where we now you know?
Speaker 3: Now you know?
Speaker 2: Yes? Indeed, Hey man, look man, this is beautiful and we really appreciate people over our course for standing by us here and uh, we're gonna take this on a long journey, a fruitful partnership. And look, you know now people know what's in the red cup. So anyway, swerve man. Look, if this is your first time joined the show, we welcome you to it. If this is not, we thank you for your loyalty, and please let us know where you're watching from, and don't forget to follow us on all of our social media platforms. That this is part of MSU. What is going on? Man, Listen, McKinnie, text us in the house. What's going on? Marie mercy? Mercy? Hey manh how do you say it?
Speaker 4: A lot of mercy, A lot of mercy, A lot of mercy.
Speaker 2: Brandon Chambers already into Chad asking questions about what the hell is going on. We're gonna cover all of that, you know, as we're getting into this now, like swear, we got to talk about it, man. But the weekend start off good for the elite eight. Mister Saint knocks off Old Miss seventy three to seventy and a thriller on Friday. Then Sunday man on with a little heartbreak.
Speaker 3: Straight you know, you know, watching the game, man, I was with one of our former teammates the hotel, the Hotel Moteil, big floor, Adams Man, and he said, and I said, we said, we cannot fall behind.
Speaker 4: Against a team like arbit Now we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Six sixty six thirteen, three hundred and twenty pounds ten pounds of I mean ten ounds of fact, you know, big, big, big hotel, Moteil.
Speaker 2: Holiday. He flown yo ten.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, risk card and what else Flozell and we both agreed.
Speaker 3: We can't get behind, get some team like Auburn, And guess what. We watching the first ten minutes together, and we just shook, got hit because we knew we did a hold that we weren't gonna be able to get out of. Man, And I mean it was painful, man, it was painful. It was painful to watch. I was sad because I taught so much shit going into the game.
Speaker 2: Ah. Man, I'm used talking shit to everybody, Charles Barkley, everybody, I know, I know what you was thinking. And we all thought that this was gonna end up a little different because you know, there was so much put into this team being able to punch that ticket to the final four. You know, you look at Jackson Kohler, who was the leading scorer that ball game, had seventeen points. Many had had eleven boards. He did his thing in the ball game. You know, it was just it just was a lot of missed opportunities, especially from the point blank range. To me when I was seeing the games thus in the first half, you know, I thought the Michigan State could hang with them. But man, you talk about Johnny Broome, man, I mean, God something him. Man, he went out he did one of the you know, he did one of them thing cleaves. Man, he left the game, came back in and a balling with one hand. Man, How were we gonna let a guy get a board with one arm.
Speaker 3: But you know what, let's go back to the first game. Man, Let's go back to Friday, because you know I was rejoicing Friday man to see the young Philler Richards and I think he went ten points to first half, ten points the second half at one point, and you know, to see that man, you were I was like, we got a young star.
Speaker 4: Will we keep him?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 3: I couldn't be his daddy. Gonna be no question. If I was his daddy, he would have kissed Atlanta Flow.
Speaker 2: Logo.
Speaker 3: Listen, you're gonna be the last time you can kiss a flow in college. Go ahead over there after you clap hands as this oak shake, give it, give a home the lizzo because we're not even going back to East Lands.
Speaker 4: Whatever your dog.
Speaker 3: You believe all that ship there for somebody else, Kiss that float and let's go cause we ain't.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 2: It's a wrap, it's the talk.
Speaker 4: You know I was his daddy. It won't even beauty, it's not even a question. It's great.
Speaker 3: I'm not even about to leave you on. Hey, We're gonna sit home and think it. But no, we're not thinking about nothing.
Speaker 2: A lot of we ain't thinking about nothing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Look, man, look that there's some there's rumors going on because everybody wants to talk about what's going on with the transfer port okay, and to do that talk because you know, people don't know the man behind the screen here. You know, we always call him Producer Shine, but he's just Shine up. Producer Shine follows the message boards and he has his finger on the post of what's going on in the rumor meal up in East Lands are better than most people. So we're gonna bring Producer Shine on the show right now to talk to us with our new sponsored chorus, like about what is going on in the world of Spartan basketball, the rumor mill and I'm the message boys, Scrucer Shine, please show yourself to the people.
Speaker 6: What's happening?
Speaker 7: In Jason's words, so Detroit.
Speaker 4: A little bit?
Speaker 2: What what up?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: You look like you just had your third child.
Speaker 2: I did. Oh man, Well, welcome to the party.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a lot of stuff going on out there, a lot of talk about the transfer portal. You know, the big news of the day. Trey Holloman was the first one to jump into the portal. Man, you know, broke a lot of hearts. You know, I'm getting hate mail from people on the other side from from down the road played in nineteen eighty five talking shit about this guy. Now who talk about what he meant to Michigan. Say, what are you hearing about this move and what it really can mean to Trade hollowand or Mischigan state.
Speaker 7: You know, Trade was we all know down there, Trade was a hero man. Starting with that, I guess people mostly think about that shot at Maryland, hit that half court. He even well more than half court. He even save the save the team that night. So I mean then you know him defending the center court and everything. It's a lot of love from Trade. So I don't I personally have nothing. I don't see nothing wrong with it, honestly.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's.
Speaker 7: Betting on himself. This is last year. Who knows if he wants to play professionally. But if you can get a bag now, I mean start your your life off, an adult life off right, go for it.
Speaker 2: But I mean ready to let him go. Huh.
Speaker 7: I'm one of those people where I'm like, I can't If I can't control something, I'm not gonna worry about it.
Speaker 6: So I mean, this is what this is set up for, though, I.
Speaker 7: Mean, if we want to keep them, Michigan State ain't broke, like you know, if he wants like let's people forget that jayde Nickins did this same thing, like every this like they test the waters. He isn't the first player to put his name in the portal. Sometimes people come back, but you know, you gotta you gotta go out there see your value, come back with the paperwork, and you know, Michigan State has money. Man, we are not poor. This is we are not We are not a poverty program. So basketball least, I guess.
Speaker 2: That in basketball.
Speaker 3: Because because because one of one and one is our son. The boy got his own money.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: The one that got his name.
Speaker 3: His brother name on the baseball stadium and put his old name on the football. That that that boy, That that's the boy I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: You're talking about Matt's Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Gill buy eight and and and everybody else if you want to, because everybody got a price.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we gotta get through this NBA ownership stuff. I think there's something there that's kind of tangling those guys up. We have three NBA owners that are former spartans and also a partial owner of a Major League Baseball team in an NFL franchise, and we just can't pull those dollars together because of whatever rules there are in place for NIL. I don't know. I mean, to me, it doesn't seem like there's many rules that are enforceable. They're trying to make it that and that we're tracking that because there's a big court case coming up that's going to be heard on April seventh, so six days from now, there's a big hearing that's going to really change the landscape of college athletics. But with Swerve, you talk about it, man, you're saying guys like Isaiah and the non poverty program as you call it, Sean, So what do you think the move is now? I mean, we have, you know, not only Trey Holloman going into the portal, but also who else We got what's who else on the list? Man?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got you know, got Norman going in there.
Speaker 7: He got Greg Norman was he was injured the year before last, so he had the red shirt. Then he didn't get much planning time this year because you know, Jace Richardson came alive. You know, we still had Akins and everybody. So then you know, the certain second half of the season, the surgeon, not resurgence, but the surging of car How he kind of his shots started to fall. Man, that mid range game became a little more consistent. Then we see him start shooting threes. He didn't make a whole aum, but they when we needed that three, you know, Cark get hit it. And then of course all the duncan I mean, like what was it? He went from single digits in terms of time to like what the last couple gets last.
Speaker 6: Ten games, almost averaging twenty minutes a game or more.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then he started the last two so I mean he played small four power for but got back on Norman. I mean that injury really derailed him when he first got here.
Speaker 4: So no Norman can lead, but bring the Tens.
Speaker 3: Answer your question, he asked what went wrong with the MSU basketball team versus Auburn? Did Arburn have more talent? In my opinion, I think Arburn did have more talent. You know, I think there was a team that we couldn't fall behind them. We had to go shot for shot, or we had to take a lead, or we had to hope that they were going to have an off.
Speaker 4: You know, that's one of them teams where you gotta be on your best game. You know. They they was battle tested.
Speaker 3: You know, they played the Tennessee's of the world, They played the Alabama's of the world, those teams that stayed in the in the top ten, and they was, they was ready for the moment.
Speaker 4: You know, not to say we wasn't, but I just think they had.
Speaker 3: They had They had a little bit more talent, a little bit more size. They big played a little bit big, bigger than our bigs.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: They they played makers, made more shots than our play makers. And you know, I just knew once we got down, I knew it was gonna be a fight.
Speaker 2: In my opinion. Oh hey, that's it. Here's another question from where to go, Ray, Ray? Don't you think do y'all think the bad shooting finally caught up with us? That's Ray Ray's question. That's what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, right right right, right right right and there right raight there that Ray Ray them, Mama and them.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Ray Ray, I mean you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't have bad shoot against and then no, no matter of fact, we overcame.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: In that first game, we had at least ten turnovers THEMN there in the first half. That's something me and Flow was keeping keeping a channel on two. But yeah, ready to answer your question, Ray Ray and them. Okay, you we had we had poor shooter. Man, we need we needed some more shooter. We needed guys to step up. That was one of the games where we had to be over Damn. That's sixty percent to win if you ask me.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's a question for you, Sean producer, Sean Man. Here's from Pooh. Y'all think Tom Isnzel got to get in portal. People saying the ms you got to open up in pocketbooks.
Speaker 6: It's absolutely gonna happen.
Speaker 7: I mean, we're down six players, uh, three to graduation and three to the transfer portal. Like Aikins, excuse me, Akins, Frankie Filler and Zapola are all done, all out of eligibility. I mean, there's rumors that Zapalla might try to push forward extra year because he didn't play. His first year was some weird thing with like a medical rich shirt, but I don't know that's gonna happen. And then you got you know the you know, we got Trede Winter, Eric Norman and you know Xaber Bookers. That's six people down. So we are bringing in two kids from high school, so you got to fill the bodies up. And what when do the when do the fifteen UH roster spots rule change for basketball start?
Speaker 6: Is it this year?
Speaker 2: That's what we are waiting on April seven. That's the court hearing. We're gonna find out what's gonna happen. You know, I mean it's gonna be lawsuits up there. It's gonna be all kinds of lawsuits, litigating like crazy, which is part customary and big money situations like this, So don't be worried about that. It's part of the deal. But when you look at that, you know, we have to see that you're talking about one hundred and five scholarships for football, so no longer eighty five, moving up to one o five and some of they're saying they're gonna get rid of walk on, so that means everybody on the roster will have a scholarship. Basketball will get fifteen people on the roster, and you know baseball is one of those sports is gonna get the biggest spike in scholarships. So there's a lot that's gonna be happening here the next seven day. We're watching that closer. We're looking at today obviously the transfer portal from Michigan State or for NCAA basketball, because MSIs State an elite eighteen that just got knocked out to go to the final four. And you're seen not one, not two, but a third member also went into the portal today and it save here Booker, the six eleven pound forward. You know, what what the hell is going on here? You know it didn't play a lot, but you know, tell me your thoughts, fellas.
Speaker 4: If you didn't play a lot?
Speaker 3: Him and Norman, what's the highway to get to Detroit Airport? Because I don't want you to fly to lands In Airport. Right, we ain't missing nothing, you know, we we we had a hell of a year this year, you know, to go to the lead eight and those guys did not play.
Speaker 4: So guess what. Don't let the don't let the dough hit you where the good little.
Speaker 2: Splitch now, isn't he a guy that's developing, you know, and.
Speaker 4: We got time?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, is that the question said in the in the it's oh no, he talked a good talk. You know, you gotta go get some players like Kyler Peer and everybody else doing. Saint John just picked up afore a stop point guard.
Speaker 4: You gonna lose Jason. You better gonna get another Jason.
Speaker 3: And I ain't talking about Coogan neither, right right, you know what I mean, he gonna have to get in there.
Speaker 4: I mean you can talk all that. Let's be old school ship if you want to.
Speaker 6: I mean, the prices, price is going up. Man.
Speaker 7: Do you hear Louisville's trying to They gonna spend like eight million dollars on their basketball roster. I mean, so it went from it went from you being the bottom of the bench, you know, maybe making fifty grand to come here, to like kids gonna be having for a half million dollars, like we gonna be playing that game, and like you're not playing. You're not scoring no points, you're not getting no rebounds nor assist. It's just that the price is going up so million.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's gonna be higher than that for some of these you're talking about impact players. Some of these kids are making I mean the rumor is a j Hogar got well over that to go to Vanderbilt.
Speaker 6: That's what I heard.
Speaker 2: Seven eight, It was big numbers. Now, you know, talking about guys on the Kansas roster. You know Saint Johns's you know, said it brought up a minute to go about the point guard to just signed with them. Michigan's roster. You look at all these different schools. Louisville's saying they're gonna spend eight to nine, Indiana got a new coach coming in. They're saying they're gonna spend upwards to ten million dollars on a basketball roster. Man, listen, man, look there, there's gonna be competition. Now, he's got to be the right talent evaluation that happens with that. Are you just throwing you know, as hey, Sue's Nick saban Oh coach said, then you're gonna be shit out of luck if you picked the wrong guys. Right, So it's gotta be a lot of that. We could trust tom Izzo and this talent evaluation, but can he coach that type of team? You know, when you look at that in football, you had a D'Antonio type of coach and you had a guy like urban Meyer. They were great successful coaches. D'Antonio did beat urban Meyer, but urban Meyer was a guy who was able to get it done on the national level because he could recruit the four and five star guys and cater to them in a different way. It's a different way to handle those guys and the guys that's kind of build up and you have more of a camaraderie and hey, we're gonna win one for the gifter type of attitude, which is what Michigan State's brand is. Is this something swerve that Iszo can get done if he open if all those guys you're talking about that we had the money open up their pocketbooks.
Speaker 3: I mean, you gotta think Iszo got all the money people in his pocket It's on Izzo, you know what I mean. And they talking to the guys and not just that Michigan State is a sexy program. You know, you got you got some of them big time players saying they making the calls and hey, what's the number, you know, because I want to come there.
Speaker 4: What's the number you guys got? You know?
Speaker 3: What I mean, you got to because you got these handlers for these guys, you know what I'm saying. So they making the call saying, hey, you know what such and such one to come there, you know, but you know what's the price, you know what I mean. So and it's nothing for him to say he got dudes on speed dive boom. You know, it ain't just that guy. You know, everybody, all the guys that were behind the bench and eight rolls up in Atlanta, them all.
Speaker 4: His money guys.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That's not come on home, go back.
Speaker 2: And review to take. You can see it right there from eighth row all the way down in the order of signs of wallets right to get bigger as you get down lord right.
Speaker 3: And they all said the same thing when the game, when the game was out of hand, though, whatever you need, let us.
Speaker 4: Know, we got a blak check for you. That's all.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, I like that.
Speaker 7: I mean Ryan Ron, I mean, how if you go and look back, ain't got Ron Ron Charles?
Speaker 4: He asked these questions.
Speaker 7: Man, But I mean, why would I want to come to Michigan State. I mean, it's really hard to wear national championship man. There's like a handful of coaches throughout history are just schools.
Speaker 6: The one as championship it was it.
Speaker 7: Michigan State is like one of what eight schools if I have to look it up to be absolutely sure, there's one multiple national championships out of three hundred and something programs.
Speaker 4: Like we got.
Speaker 6: We just want to lead eight.
Speaker 7: We got like almost we were tied for six or seven for like final fours something like that in the history of college basketball. Just because you don't win, I'm gonna put this thing back up there. Just because you don't win a national championship every year does not make you not an elite team like we got. We got people in the league, like like doing well, Jaron Jackson's of the world, but to have Jace Richardson to be a top ten pick, like we put people in the league. We got people staying in the league. We got multiple contract people in the league. I mean, you got Magic Johnson. Like if you can't even there's people who don't go get drafted from Michigan State, call up Magic Johnson who like end up being the Lakers practice squad for how long getting money, Like you know, we got connects like being in Mischigan State's no joke.
Speaker 6: Man. This like again, I'll say it again. We are not a poverty program.
Speaker 2: Baby. I like the look. I love your energy, Sean.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: We ain't a poverty program. Baby. You heard that. You heard the man. You heard it, And listen if you if you don't know Ron, Ron, like why somebody who's a top recruit won't come to Michigan STATEIU, you should have came to the party we was at.
Speaker 4: I listen.
Speaker 2: I'm only up there every now and again, But listen when we were there, when I was walking the streets of East Lands and every day back in the mid to late nineties. It was great then, and I'm gonna tell you one thing is greater now. I know that much. If they can open up the water and then make it close from an nil perspective for these kids, the student body and what's going on the experience to be a Spartan in second to none, ain't no player, Ann Arbor, Raleigh Durham, Hell, I don't care it, damn. Where are you talking about? Kansas?
Speaker 7: Who?
Speaker 2: Who has a better environment to be a student athlete than Michigan State and east Landson?
Speaker 4: Who? Where?
Speaker 2: Tell me where Miami sucks when it comes to college football and basketball. And I know that's your hometown. Swer, but I'm gonna tell you where'd you go? And why.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna wait the twelve o'clock at night on this is spotted after the Dark Show to stay Wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, let me tell you man, like don't get it twisted magic titles in seventy nine out of the old watch.
Speaker 7: Again, how many schools got more than one national championship? Like it ain't just like you don't just happen like Cali Perry. Like Cali Perry has one national championship.
Speaker 6: He hit all that talent and.
Speaker 7: People still keep going to him. And he's what he just got out of the second round. This is the first time in how many years with all that talent from multiple places, and he had ten million dollar budget.
Speaker 3: I mean, if I would answer run run question, why would I go to MSU if I'm a basketball players? Like what you said first of all, with the tradition, you know, you can name multiple players that that's been in the league for Michigan State, you know, easily over ten, you know, and you talk about a Hall of Fame type of coach, you know, what I mean. And then on top of that, you're talking about a team that plays on prime time. You know how many teams to say they played on the ship. You know how many teams can say that. You know, they know they're going overseas. You know, they're just the things that you know, Michigan State was able to do as a basketball program. It's not miserable to like you say, Miami can't say they played on the ship. Miami can't say they went to Germany and all these different places a basketball game, you know, FIU can't say. You know, so it's something set sexy about Michigan State basketball and plus the history that will make you, you know, if you're a top player coming out of high school, you got a top five and Michigan State offer you, Michigan State gonna be in your top five, whether it's one through five, they gonna be your top five.
Speaker 2: Ane of said it's a blue blood program. You heard that from you know, the Auburn coach was talking a lot about that when he's trying to say that, hey, they're not an underdog, and he said, Michigan State's right up there in Michigan State is a duke in the North Carolina. Listen, can't really deny that when youre talking about from the basketball perspective and what goes on in these lansing I'm just saying, guys, I don't you said somebody said.
Speaker 4: I believe got Draymond Green? Come on? Pool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what we gotta month.
Speaker 4: You just killed me on that one pool.
Speaker 2: Talking.
Speaker 4: It was like saying, Pool, just how you're gonna leave Draymond named my pool? We got pooh Pool, Ray Ray and them and uh day they and them and Ron.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, we got Ray Ray, Ron, Ron and Pool?
Speaker 4: Where the.
Speaker 2: Union? You know? Hey Man, what is what?
Speaker 4: Wait? Wait no, Tyson, we ain't giving no break. We Pitchedtart. We mad from that. We're mad from Saturday and Sunday. Come on, Tyson.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Man was talking about the statue started working on staff. You committee to a wrec and he did it again.
Speaker 4: Do we have it wrecked?
Speaker 2: We had a committee to erect the statue for time iszo and it is. I'm telling you. I mean, listen, how many elite eights do you need to get in order to get a statue raised somewhere? Huh huh?
Speaker 4: All I can say, I don't know who on the left who.
Speaker 2: Looked that good.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Neither one of them. Where's big Worm? I love the interaction though, So this is what we get. This is what you get with this is Sparta, right. You guys asked questions we asked from live on the show. I mean, this is where else should get that. You know, we gotta guy, we got insiders here. Baby, it's been a while since we had a center that can go get twenty twenty five points.
Speaker 6: I agree with this.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. That's a serious one.
Speaker 3: That anybody had a center to go get twenty centners ain't been in the game in the last what hold on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Zach Edy ruled the Big tim for the last fifteen seasons. Overdue. He just went to the NBA and he balled that too. You know, that was a center from IMG Academy. You know where Carson Cooper's from, same hood.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: It's all good, you know, with Booker leaving and us only having Cooper. I know there's that mccullor kid that red shirted, but you know, you know, it's a little chatter about us going after some five some you know, some true centers in the portal. So we'll see what's the chap talk to us about the chapter. I mean, I don't have any names on these centers, but I do have a I do have a name for a six' five shooting guard freshman in the transit portal has been talked about with.
Speaker 6: Us Master p's, Nephew silk the shockers.
Speaker 7: Son you know that's WHY i got my own limit shirt on today with the, chain because you, know that's ALL i need to see is over the, chain a tank chain.
Speaker 2: On that's that's that's ALL i. Need no living soul THAT i told you you ain't winning. Word no no limit soldiers In East. Lansing we can't do.
Speaker 3: It come, on, man, now we're gonna need more than, that straight of, course light, baby what you? Mean we better go find who mc breed them got mc man mc dead you over In, flint.
Speaker 2: Mc breed. Die no mc breed died before the Honey badger left us Thoughg hey, man it's all, over but the shouting.
Speaker 4: Yeah man mc breed. Man that was my. Dude, man, damn.
Speaker 2: Remember we did the, concert yeah, ship.
Speaker 7: How still the shock of the worst rap when six yearns still out. Here that's WHY i need to. Understand, yeah This.
Speaker 4: Shaka was terrible swear.
Speaker 2: Swear he Died november twenty, second two thousand and, eight.
Speaker 6: Being, Damn i'm just lapping In sal's face call me AND.
Speaker 4: I did not know.
Speaker 2: That that's, unreal that's. Unreal it ain't no future in your front never was CAUSE i like. That there you, Go, Steve steve know what time it? Is that's so, guys you know there's there's been a lot of. MOVEMENT i, mean people are talking about succession. Planning that was a QUESTION i saw a second ago succession. Plan is it time for a succession plan For? Iszo is it too? Early where do you think things are? There?
Speaker 6: There i'm trying to find that. Comment BUT i, mean at some point you have to have a.
Speaker 7: FEW i, MEAN i honestly think that he Was the people he's been iron are people he's thinking about passing on to because it just seems, like you, Know judd pass it to. Him that's kind of How Michigan state does. Things you homegrow your your.
Speaker 6: Successor so.
Speaker 4: Say they do that in, basketball they don't fucking do that in.
Speaker 2: Football, now they don't do much of that at. All. Man you know WHAT i know the. GUYS i, mean we're coming up on the thirty to half to thirty minute. Mark let's take a break. Book these message from our friends over a great matter exchange great.
Speaker 5: Manner just like a bad player can cost your team the game overpaying for shipping can cost your. Business great matter exchange your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty percent savings on your ups and F x.
Speaker 2: Costs get? YOURS i like, that hey Said Steve smith is sorry to inform you THE mlk did pass away as. Well all, Right, steve that's, classic right, There.
Speaker 4: Steve Only steve can say some ship like.
Speaker 2: That oh, Man, hey you know what we. Got we got a couple of good questions here, too but we'll get back to them after these messag from our friends over at.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: Pancakes six dollars never tasted so. GOOD I hop's breakfast S Faves combo is now just six, dollars FEATURING i hops world famous buttermilk, Pancakes chrispy hickory smoke, bacon and two eggs cooked to order your, way all for just six, bucks part of the new six Dollars House saves.
Speaker 3: Menu hey now that we Out astray And. Sean you know real, quick who you guys got in the finals and who you got winning?
Speaker 6: It, shoot, MAN i think that the boy From duke going.
Speaker 2: He's gonna win. IT i think it's gonna Be Duke florida in the final and Uh Duke duke. Wins. Man they just want to start a home over. There that's WHAT i.
Speaker 7: Think that's what we need to, do have that type of secession plan because people think some people were, like, man this was getting, old but it gets cold out.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 7: Man when you don't get a good coach right after, him you can up Like indiana and be just all right for twenty.
Speaker 4: Years say false the senior Say, duke you KNOW i won't.
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 4: KNOW i was always A duke fan growing up as a kids.
Speaker 3: At, times you, know like you Like Christian, lateman, yeah you, know ESPECIALLY i liked all of, them, man and AND i LIKE i Like. FLAG i been seeing him last year on the circuit and uh THE aau circuit and seeing them this LAST i mean senior, year you, know just really following them a little. Bit but, uh A florida, BOY.
Speaker 4: I like the way he played. AGAIN i thank you a guy that play on both.
Speaker 3: Sides but AND i also thank you a guy to be able to come in as a as a rookie and play too in the next. Level don't going with duke. TOO i would get their ass well because they beat, me not just HOW i.
Speaker 4: Feel.
Speaker 2: Now, hey that's good questions right. THERE i, mean, here is lord r any rumors yet about spring football transfer portal opens in two. Weeks hold, on we have not only, rumors we have some backs. Already it looks Like Caleb, Cooley Michigan state, cornerback has entered the transfer portal this, evening.
Speaker 3: Fellas so let me walk me through. This i'm gonna walk myself through. This i'm in in practice. There they've been practicing for two. Weeks, YEAH i think this was practice seven, Today so practice seven out of.
Speaker 4: Fifteen i'm probably running with.
Speaker 2: The two's in the.
Speaker 3: THREES i go on my coach, Office, cod what's going? On you KNOW i ain't getting no rest with the. Ones, okay that's how you? Feel, Yeah so you mean to tell me dude better than? Me you mean to tell me the other dude just better.
Speaker 1: Than me like?
Speaker 4: That, okay all, Right i'm gonna let you.
Speaker 2: That's. It that's.
Speaker 4: It that's how that.
Speaker 3: Went because some people want to know HOW i go behind the, scenes you know they, Coach CAN i talk to you for a.
Speaker 4: Second, yeah, yeah, sure everyone's going.
Speaker 3: On they wouldn't have been me BECAUSE i became in a little Different but, yeah, COACH i want to know bund Why i'm running with the twos and the, Three WHY i ain't getting no reps? Ones and why you Know sean And straight getting more reps to? Me well you know such and. Such oh, no, Coach, No, NO i ain't going for, That bully, said, no you know you're lying to. Me, man it's week seventh and seventh. Practice we only got seven. More you know what's gonna really change? It if it ain't changed? Now all, right, coach you know, what don't worry about. It don't worry about.
Speaker 1: It we.
Speaker 4: Straight i'm, out just.
Speaker 2: Like, That just like.
Speaker 6: ANNOUNCEMENT i like Where marine's heads that, though.
Speaker 2: Since there's no spring, game can you guys set up this inspite of friends and family practice with the.
Speaker 4: Team just said, This, Marine, MARIE i knew. IT i knew we.
Speaker 6: Hit you got something. Cooking it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Happen you're gonna do something that's pretty.
Speaker 4: Good god to go to our. Spot that's when you hit them with the swerve in that. Spot who.
Speaker 2: Now that would be. Special that's the whole, Thing. Marie we're trying to figure, out like how if the fans are, Invited like how can we you, Know, yeah we can hang out with the players and the athletes all the, time but we want to connect the athletes with the fans at the same time and give everybody a. Reason that's why we're trying to figure out what to, do how to bridge that gap without a spring. Game we've had two two whole spring game. Deal that's where the set we had The Detroit Lions jersey remember that last year? Swerve, yeah that was a good.
Speaker 4: Time mama made it, right, Right, MAMA i made?
Speaker 2: It, yes. Sir hey, Listen, stray have you been to practice? Yet can you get a feel how whole line? Looks? Look we sending the drone. In cedric's drone is going in before next week's.
Speaker 6: SHOW i can say that much upgrade the drone.
Speaker 2: That's going. In at a lot of esp going. On people they figuring. Things this is why we connected. Here we feeling that we vibing here, tonight swear what's up?
Speaker 3: NOW i tried to get the drone to go in a few days, ago and they had a barricade. Up but WHEN i went around the east side of the, SCHOOL i just went over, There Eastern. MICHIGAN i just watched a few of them because they, had you, know since they block. Everything SO i Watched Central. Mission that was some born. SHIT i Watched Western michigan born. Shit SO i Brought madrone on. Back but LIKE i, say next, week my, DRAWNE i got.
Speaker 4: A way to get it. Back, YEAH i just got to wait forty eight, hours right, right.
Speaker 2: We gonna give you what we exactly what said he was able to. Dissect but, listen, guys, look we have a special guest that just joined. US i, mean we flew it. Here this Is, sparta, right we flew. It and you know last week was last we talked to Doctor green And. White he joins us. Again paul, Fancy Doctor green And white comes.
Speaker 4: Back this Is.
Speaker 2: Sparta what's up?
Speaker 4: Ball how you? Doing not too?
Speaker 9: Much thanks For.
Speaker 6: Oh, yes thank, You.
Speaker 4: CEDRIC i appreciate.
Speaker 9: That, yes, SIR i think we all could use one after some of the news we had.
Speaker 2: Today SO i, mean, yeah we were talking about. IT i, mean this is you talk about not, one not too but three players jumping in the portal after that great. Speech that is, okay just a few days, ago like a week, ago and you know when When Steven brooks asked that you were, Here, yeah we talked about, that and here we are. TODAY i, mean what's your spin on, things what's your take on what's happening on the ground level?
Speaker 9: There, well from from What i've, HEARD i, MEAN i think that Certainly Garrick norman was not a huge. SURPRISE i, mean it's the second year in the program and he's really seen very little, time AND i think he was known for a, shooter but it was always a question of whether his defense was ever going to be up to kind Of michigan state, standards and SO i, think you, know that was maybe not terribly big of a, surprise that maybe he can find other places where he'll be able to get more playing. Time as far As Xavier booker, GOES i think that that also was not a huge. Surprise everybody knows that he's got the most talent in the, world perhaps or maybe that's an, exaggeration but he's a very talented, kid but he just struggled to see the court of the issue as, well and as the year went, on his time decreased. Significantly, so you, KNOW i don't think we can be shocked that perhaps it's maybe time for him to at least explore if there's other opportunities out there that are you are going to be beneficial and put him in a better position to. Succeed but, then of, course the biggest SURPRISE i think Was Trey, holloman AND i don't think anyone saw that. Coming, certainly you, KNOW i, was AND i was there and down In atlanta last, weekend and so you could see the raw emotion on all of these guys'. Faces and you, know that was part of What izzo said after the, game is that you, know you, know the tears aren't, phony was the quote that he, had and he seemed optimistic that he'd be able to keep most of the team, together but at the same, time he also, said, well you never, know because you never know who's going to get in these guys's.
Speaker 2: Ears you.
Speaker 9: Know he also mentioned that there was perhaps a little bit of jealousy When jason Or Jace richardson was elevated to the starting, role and he didn't say on behalf of, anyone but he did leave that comment for, us WHICH i think was certainly a little bit eyebrow. Raising BUT i don't, think you, know anyone thought much of it because of all of the other discussion going. On BUT i think there was also some, rumors and these are all kind of you, Know internet rumors that basically other teams had been Courting holloman for a while and we're offering you, know fairly large sums of. Money it was even said in various corners of the internet today that he turned down a bigger payday last year and that he wasn't in a position to do that. Again, SO i, mean we'll see how this all works. OUT i, mean of, course once you can enter the, portal but you can also exit the portal and return. HOME i don't know how that's going to shake. Out but you, know on some, level these kids are trying to put themselves in the best position to succeed both financially and on the. Court and you, Know Michigan state either can opt to play that game or not play that game based on the overall. Situation so we'll see how how it. Pans, Out BUT i also Think holloman's role next year was going to be a little bit in question because you, know he's sort of in that no land between the one and the two position Where Jeremy FEARS i think is clearly the top point guard on the roster and will likely continue to get better and to sort of solidify that. Role AND i Think, holloman you, know he's a he's a good point, guard he's a pretty good shooting. Guard but there may be other guys on the roster that are going to be better at both the one and the two than he. Is and so then as he stuck as the sixth man again for his senior, year and THAT'S i think a very strong. Possibility so then, again you can't really blame him if he decides to move.
Speaker 4: On but we'll.
Speaker 9: SEE i, mean he hasn't you, know he hasn't signed with anybody else, yet so he could still come, back you, know it just really it's hard to. Say it's a fluid situation right.
Speaker 7: NOW i think a big part of it that people may misunderstand is that these, kids like you, know there may be some people reached out to people, directly but their agents have our twenty four to seven shopping these kids. Around even unbeknownst to these, Kids like you might be having a good. Situation the next thing you, know your agent calls you up five o'clock me afternoon, saying, HEY i got, school want to pay you? Double like, what But i'm good here. Double you, know it's it's it's their. Job it's their job to get the best possible amount of money for their. Client and that's what it is like all these kids of agents, Now SO i think that's a big part of it that people need to.
Speaker 9: Understand, so, yeah completely, agree it's it's the.
Speaker 7: REALITY i would say one more, thing like there was someone ON i don't know IF i think it Was Eric carson from another podcast that final force in our, schedules like said earlier today that he could say it. Now but what there was murmurs back In february That trey's agent would shopping him, Around like you, KNOW i, mean what was happening In february when didn't isn't that around the same time trade started to start to, like you, know stuff when you hear the timelines and stuff and then.
Speaker 6: You see cause and.
Speaker 4: EFFECT i, mean.
Speaker 6: Stuff we don't even know would be happening to be happening it.
Speaker 2: Sure you, know and there's a lot of critic, criticism you, know around the. Internet you, KNOW i, mean you, know Even i'm saying the bag is short time thinking on a bad. Team you, know there's a lot of people that say. That you, KNOW i get it that you want to, say pass up the money in order to win a national. Championship but like that's easier said when it's not you that's faced with that, opportunity you, know when you're talking about these ages of shopping these guys. Around, now, LOOK i don't know all the truth and facts, everything but you, KNOW i get guys that are involved in those collectives and people are involved in a lot of different areas of the different universities what's. Happening and they're, saying they're throwing numbers out at these kids that ARE i, mean you're talking life changing money for some of. Them you, know some of these kids parents don't make a lot of money at. All you, know they're not six figure parents college. Educating not all of them are that way and very, comfortable you, Know and when somebody starts throwing high six, figures you, know seven eight hundred, thousand over a million dollars at kids to come play a sport that they're going to play, anyway how do you tell the, kid you, know not to entertain? It and then then it comes back to What cedric's been, Saying, hey then it's all about Can Michigan state match it at the end of the. DAY i think that's what you're saying as, Well. Paul you're saying just because you're in doesn't mean that you're. Gone you, know it's out THE nba. Draft you don't have, songs you don't sign with an agent in AN nba. Draft you can explore and then come. Back so there is opportunity. There but it is clear that this, season, now this, offseason when it comes to the transfer portal for, basketball it's going to be major dollars spent for these teams that want to compete next. Year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Absolutely AND i mean it is just the reality of the. Landscape AND i mean the other thing that occurred to me, earlier and this was also discussed in various corners of The internet, TODAY i would, say is you, know the situation now it does seem like The Wild, west but there is some level of transparency to the current situation because it's really almost like you, know roster management at the pro level where you almost have a salary, cap but you, know every team salary cap is a little bit, different and on some level that's maybe more fair than a previous situation where you had a certain you, know subset of rogue programs that we're paying kids under the, Table like that's not, Better like this isn't, great but it's probably better than. That so at least from a big picture. Standpoint AND i think that you, know mshu's got a great, staff they've got a pretty STRONG nl, program AND i think at the end of the, day they're going to be. Okay, like we don't know what that roster is going to look, like it's going to be a wild. Ride but you know, what if you want to just take a nap for the next two months and wake up In june and see who mshu's got on the, ROSTER i think it's going to be, okay and then let's let's throw the balls out In October, november see what. HAPPENS i think they're going to be okay because you, know coaching, matters and M shu's got a pretty dog on good, coach so and a pretty dog on good, Staff so they're going to figure it. Out i'm pretty confident about.
Speaker 7: It there's plenty of teams who spend way more money than us who don't even make the. Tournament so, like you, know you still gotta you still gotta have the right mession. Players but hopefully we get a center off the portal and another.
Speaker 2: SHOOTER i, mean how many times have we said, That? PAUL i, mean everybody talks About Michigter state hasn't been able to grow to a big time. Center what's your thoughts on?
Speaker 9: That you, Know i'm less worried about that than a lot of. PEOPLE i think m she was pretty pretty solid at the center. Position i'm A i'm a bigger Cop Carson cooper fan than a lot of. Folks and maybe that's because he grew up like thirty minutes from my. Hometown SO i got a LITTLE i got a little little pride for. THAT i actually said that to him the way out there On. Sunday but, yeah, Hometown i'm From. Stockbridge you Know? Stockbridge oh, YEAH i know that's WHERE i grew. Up, okay, yeah, yeah mill of Farm. Country uncle's dairy farm for.
Speaker 1: AND i know, that.
Speaker 2: AND i got me off.
Speaker 9: Track but as far as the center, position you, KNOW i Think's. Apola he was, functional AND i Think cooper was you, know was it a dominant center like you Know Johnny. Brome, No but those guys they did the. Job AND i don't think, that you, know that's as big of a hole as you know people some PEOPLE u. Expected So i'm okay not getting the center out of the portal because they've also got what's his, name the kid that red SHIRTED i think his name is, McCullough and they were saying good things about, him and so if you got, those, WELL i guess so that now you don't Have booker, though so you might want to replace a big. There but you, know Between, Cohler cooper and, McCullough that might be, Okay it might be all, that that might be a pretty solid, rotation especially the Way cohler played on On, sunday which he was the best player on the court for am.
Speaker 7: Issue quite, Honestly i'm gonna, Ask i'm gonna ask my big brother's word do you how do you feel about the word might when you can go and get for, real like somebody who produces.
Speaker 6: Word are you with your mindset on?
Speaker 4: That mike gonna get? You how we feeling now.
Speaker 6: That right might don't make it?
Speaker 2: Right you, know you want to guarantee some things get some depth in there because we have the. Ability The spartan mb is is, stray the slow sip Of.
Speaker 6: Spartan, no that's that's my handle actually.
Speaker 2: Real. Life, yeah, no, yeah, yeah are you A? Spartan the inquiring minds want to. Know did you go To Michigan?
Speaker 6: State i'm sorry to. Meet, yeah graduated twenty.
Speaker 2: Eleven, okay there you, go two thy. Eleven, yeah there's your. Answer, yeah he's a. Youngster you didn't know.
Speaker 9: That the rest of us graduated last. Century that's the.
Speaker 2: Truth, yes it is.
Speaker 4: True you madd twenty, eleven just had your third. Baby congratulations, graduations this course for.
Speaker 2: You your fieler was a huge. Get he was a difference maker off the bench in a bunch of Games lee. Eight he got them back in somewhere in it. Somewhat so that's From Steve. Mannett so what's your what was Your fiddler's? GONE i, Understand so what was your thoughts on his?
Speaker 9: Career you, KNOW I i really do think he cycled up towards the. END i, MEAN i think coming in he was a lot of a lot of folks thought he'd be the league scorer on this, team and he did start for a, while and it took him a while to kind of find his his groove AND i think adjust to the you, know high high division, one you, know high major games that he was playing. In AND i think it also took him a while to adjust To mshu's. System and, so you, know it's it's to be expected, that you, know it's it's gonna take a pretty special player that's just gonna be able to come and run off the street and succeed in in HIS o. System BUT i do think towards the end of the, season once he kind of found his place and found his role on the, team he was a bright. Spot AND i, think you, KNOW i was sitting next To David harns at the game On, sunday a good friend of all of, OURS i, think and you, Know fiddler actually, again he was one of the better players on the court in the first half of that, game and we looked down at the you, know the stat sheet and he'd only played for five. Minutes we're like they got to get they got to get him in there more.
Speaker 4: Because he was.
Speaker 9: Solid he played very well in the tournament and it was kind of the unsung hero in.
Speaker 4: Some of those.
Speaker 9: GAMES i would, say so on a defensive, End, yeah he, Really, yeah he, did and that was. Unexpected he wasn't expected. To you, know he many thought he might be a defensive, liability but he. Was he was a solid defender towards the end of the, year so you, know he was he was an asset to have towards the end of the.
Speaker 2: Year. Definitely. Yeah you, know Producer sean had made a highlight tape Of Frankly fiddler coming out of the university that we took him out of the transfer portal. FROM i can't recall exactly what university. Was the brass over there you, go thank you you guys and computers and it was you thought he was an offensive, juggernaut but he turns out was able to. Convert and this is something that you, know we had, Guys we Had Sean restaurant on the show a few weeks ago and he, Said i'm a defensive. Guy that's what he was known for coming out of high school In. Detroit But we know him as a as a silky. Shooter so you, know it's it's interesting to see guys that are able to reinvent. Themselves Centric urgent was a. Fullback little known fact he was a, fullback only played running back one year in his prep. Career seems like he was all, right uh a, swerve talk to. Us what you gotta lean? Back what does that?
Speaker 4: Say you know they Say i'm modeling. Shirts now.
Speaker 3: They got, course AND i got polo shirt with my own name on. It like The jordan ain't got that Polo.
Speaker 2: Now jordan's just guys the rest of the, world you. Know but, guys you, know this is this, interesting interesting time that we're dealing with right. Now you, know the portal is obviously, alive and, well we just gave our, take Doctor greene on who we thought would win the overall.
Speaker 3: Tournament, now what's your what's your? Take, Yeah, paulker we heard that you are the. Man that's how you got your. Name you, know you you are the picker the. Pickers well somedays some, tiears maybe not this.
Speaker 9: YEAR i. DO i do Think florida's gonna Beat. Auburn that's one of the things that's a bit. DISAPPOINTING i, mean we Saw auburn up close and, personal AND i still think there's some, looseness looseness to that. TEAM i don't think that, they you, know as are as a focus of a group as you might need to win in the final. Four AND i know That auburn's already Played, FLORIDA i think at least, once AND i HONESTLY i don't remember how that how those games came, out BUT i Think florida's playing better right now AND i Think florida will. Win duke And, HOUSTON i you, Know duke probably is the favorite right, now and, honestly they're probably the team to. Beat that pains me to say that BECAUSE i am a Classic duke, Hater SO i would prefer any of the three teams or any of the four teams to, win if other than. Them But houston's an interesting team BECAUSE i Think houston's a bunch of grown ass men and you, Know duke's a bunch of diaper, dandies and that's that could be an interesting. Combination SO i really do Think houston's got a shot to take them. Out and then if if it winds up Being, Houston. FLORIDA i don't, know flip a, COIN i Would i'll be rooting For, houston BUT i do think THAT i have a feeling to winner That Houston duke is going to win the national, title and it's probably gonna Be. Duke as much as it pains me to.
Speaker 4: Say that.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a, QUAFFECTA i don't, know what do you call? That all four of, US i, think, yeah you, know we think that we. Agree we all agree on that. ONE i Think duke is With Cooper. Flag is that the kid's?
Speaker 4: Name that's.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah it's pretty, good you, know you know he heals pretty fast.
Speaker 9: Too, Apparently so, yeah it's just.
Speaker 2: Fine so, hey, man look this has been. Interesting you, KNOW i really really like the. Insight. Guys you, know there's a lot going on with This transford. Portal and as you, Know August april, seventh Not, august just in a few, days That house settlement hearing is gonna come to A head's gonna hear a lot more news as to what's gonna happen with the revenue sharing model when it comes to nil and how many scholarships if there's a salary, cap we're gonna have collective bargaining for crying out. Loud what's gonna? Happen stay tuned for, that. Guys and final thoughts before we get out, Here.
Speaker 9: PAUL i apologize for being a little later THAN i intended, tonight, Guys so thanks for holding down the.
Speaker 4: Fork.
Speaker 2: Man you came in right on.
Speaker 3: Time find adults forty seven years old baby. Things but for, course.
Speaker 4: We take your. Course that's all in my refrigerator, Now.
Speaker 2: Producer, sean how do you top that?
Speaker 7: One you, don't, Man i'm always had to fall behind squerve because you can't do better than.
Speaker 6: THAT i, mean but to the fan base and, everybody just remember transfer portal take if transfer portable give us, Back we're gonna get some. People they just wait on, it.
Speaker 2: No doubt about, it no doubt about. It, listen, guys you, KNOW i think that this is an awesome time in college athletics, overall And Misgon state's right there prime to make an impact one way or. Another we have a lot in front of. Us we have all the resources that we need to be competitive and it's an exciting. Time so be comfortable being. Uncomfortable as somebody by the name Of Mike TOMLIN i just saw him at THE nfl and owner's. Meetings he's talking, about you, know this time of year as. Fall you kind of hinted towards that it's okay to be a little uncomfortable right. Now things will shake out the way they need, to and with just a little little steadfastness and, prayer things will turn out the way that they're supposed. To and you, know For Paul, Fansen Cedric, irving and Producer, Seine I'm Jason. Strayhorn this is part OF. Msu, everybody have a good, Night god bless, you and go Greet go wife
Speaker 1: M