Speaker 1: All right, the Bennett Kinshaw is going to be live at Hurtato Barbecue at the Dallas Farmers Market, their brand new Hurtata location, this Friday, doing a live broadcast from three to six. Come out and have some incredible barbecue with us. We'll get ready for that MAVs game that night. In fact, we're gonna be giving away four tickets to that MAVs game Friday night.
Speaker 2: Who do they play Friday Friday night? You have your Dallas Mavericks returning to action against the now Leans Pelicans. Okay, so you could come out hang out with us at the Dallas Farmers Market, laugh it up with us, have some great barbecue.
Speaker 1: We'll be indoors, it'll be cold, we'll be inside, and then you could win four tickets to go to that MAVs game right down the street. We've also got other things to give away, including we're gonna give away some tickets to Disturbed at Dicky's Arena on April twenty six. We'll give away four tickets on Friday at Hurtato. We'll also give away tickets to super Cross at at and T Stadium on February twenty second. We'll also give away tickets to Monster Jam at at and T Stadium on March eighth, and tickets. Why not, We'll give you tickets to a TCU basketball game versus Baylor on March fourth. So we're giving away lots of stuff and you get to come hang out with us at one of the best barbecue joints on the planet. Any other thoughts.
Speaker 3: Here, dude?
Speaker 2: I love the idea of come on out, eat some barbecue, drink a big German on tap, and then win tickets to the MAVs game. Go straight to the MAVs game and drink a big German on tap at the American Airline Center.
Speaker 3: Why not? It sounds like a plan.
Speaker 1: Her Tottle Barbecue this Friday, Dallas Farmer's Market, brand new location. Let's pack the house, bring your whole crew, bring your green hat. That is Friday from three to six, Dallas Farmer's Market, Her Tottle Barbecue.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: Good listeners, Here comes kt fun tweets were the round, Now let's go around the sports kt FU tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we want some audio at you real quick here. Okay, this is from ten months ago, which is a little strange, like, why would you do that? But I thought this was interesting. Now I was tipped off to this, I believe from the article in The Athletic about Nico Harrison, the Mavericks GM, and he's at the Sloan Conference, which is like you know, analytics and just sports insider people will go to the Sloan Conference every year.
Speaker 3: It's nerd of palooz. Yeah, it's nerd stuff. It's comic Con for sports.
Speaker 2: It's where Bill Simmons famously dubbed Darryl Moury as Nerd Elvis.
Speaker 5: Well, Darryl Moury plays a big fun In fact, he'll be the first voice you here because on stage is at the time Mavericks assistant Jim Dennis Lindsay Darryl Mory, who is the GM of the seventy six ers.
Speaker 3: Still ye, Moury is still with the seventy six ers.
Speaker 5: I believe you have Nico Harrison, another guy, and there's a narrator another guy, so you'll you'll hear Nico you kind of. But this is just two clips I wanted to play for you again. This is last April. Okay, this is ten months ago.
Speaker 3: And this was before the run to the finals.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would mention another key stakeholder that's probably.
Speaker 3: By the way, the thing that they're doing, the presentation they're doing is like.
Speaker 5: Negotiations with NBA general managers, what trade negotiations and signing free agents and all that stuff. Right, They're just having thirty minutes or an hour just talking about that stuff.
Speaker 6: I would mention another key stakeholder that's probably developed in the last ten to fifteen years in the NBA is the key people around the best players. That could be a workout guy, that could be a health guy, that could be a nutritionist. Those people also are very key influencers around the best player. It becomes a very complex space. Nico probably knows this is the best so given your background of all the manage all the key influencers.
Speaker 7: Honestly, it really depends who's the squeaky will at the time, and I think it rotates, it changes. It's not always the star player, it's not always the owner, it's not always the coach, but it's going to be each one of those in different periods of time. So it's really like understanding where your organization's at and who's really the squeaky will, and then who can you kind of calm down get to well and then who if you can't calm him down, then maybe you have to do something.
Speaker 3: What do you have to do?
Speaker 7: You have to.
Speaker 6: I thought you were to figure out how to separate him from the best players.
Speaker 7: I got you, well that too, Yeah, yeah, that's that's high risk though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we now know that.
Speaker 5: Uh, in this context, the proverbial squeaky wheel was Luca, Okay, that's amazing to me.
Speaker 3: It is, it is amazing.
Speaker 2: But I will say that I feel like he's talking about a lot of squeaky wheels. And I kind of think that last part when he said remove him, because I'm basing it on what Daryl Morey said. I think he's talking about the people that are making the person be the squeaky wheel.
Speaker 3: And I'll give you an example.
Speaker 2: Things changed dramatically when Porzingis came in. Not not in a bad way, but suddenly there was two new dudes that were just with the team suddenly needed to be on the It's just yeah, that's what it was. Okay, everything changes now Porzingis is here and these two guys are always here. Uh, we're gonna have to change, you know. It's just for certain players, they're gonna have that. And so I think, like he talked about it, that squeaky Will changing, but that thing where he said you might have to figure out what he say move on or trade or what he says you to trade him.
Speaker 7: So it's not always the owner, it's not always the coach, but it's gonna be each one of those in different periods of time. So it's really like understanding where your organization's at and who's really the squeaky will, and then who can you kind of calm down, get to neutral, and then who if you can't calm him down, then maybe you have to do something.
Speaker 3: What do you have to do?
Speaker 7: You might have to make it?
Speaker 5: Oh I trade Daryl Morey asking him what do you have to do?
Speaker 3: You might have to make a trade.
Speaker 1: Is he talking about the players around the superstar or the we go back a little further.
Speaker 3: I want to hear that whole context.
Speaker 6: I would mention another key stakeholder that's probably developed in the last ten to fifteen years in the NBA is the key people around the best players that could be a workout guy, that could be a health guy, that could be a nutritionist. Those people also are very key influencers around the best player. It becomes a very complex space. Nico probably knows this is the best so given your background of all the manage all the key influencers.
Speaker 7: Honestly, it really depends who's the squeaky will at the time, and I think it rotates, it changes. It's not always the star player, it's not always the owner, it's not always the coach. But it's going to be each one of those in different periods of time.
Speaker 3: So I mean, these has got to get him back to neutral.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, he said owner, star player, and coach, so that is exactly what he's talking about in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also keep in mind that I think when Darryl Morey handed him the ball, he handed him the ball with his work at Nike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he's that's what he That's what he meant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't mean, he didn't mean your current organization. He then, hey, man, you deal with all these guys that are hard to deal with when you.
Speaker 3: Were one of the guys that could be making this week.
Speaker 5: Well, and this is my example, used k the KP thing, but I'm the Patriots are the example to me, the biggest example this is the same situation, it's way different. But like Tom Brady and Bill Belichick's big fallout is there he goes, but it's Tom Brady's TB twelve guy that was getting too comfortable and Belichick locked him out of Foxboro Stadium. Okay, like because he was petty and didn't know did know how to handle people. But oh, here's the second part. Uh So that was interesting too.
Speaker 7: With the Kyrie trade, a lot of people they didn't really know Kyrie and they knew what happened in Brooklyn, and his reputation wasn't that great. But I knew who the person was. I knew his character, I knew his core. I've known that since high school. I knew his family, so I was willing to take that risk. The public perception of him wasn't actually who he was, so I was to take that gamble because I knew his core.
Speaker 6: So if everybody else sees it this way, but you happen to have information that makes it a little bit more valuable.
Speaker 7: That I could either be the smart one or I could be the dumb one. But in this case, you know, when you know somebody and you know their core, then you're willing to take that risk of that gamble, but you know enough information.
Speaker 3: That's insane. Now listen to that. That's a little more revelatory than the first one. To me, I think so too.
Speaker 5: And I also thought he thought are thinks that I feel that at Luca's core he won't change.
Speaker 2: And also, let me just say too, I think he's also I mean, I think you could apply that to what he knows.
Speaker 3: About Anthony Davis.
Speaker 2: Right, You know, that's one of the things that's just like so difficult for people to come to grips with and why there's so much conspiracy stuff. It's because they don't agree with Nico's assessment and so it's got to be something else. And then everyone's looking at going okay, but the value is not right, Like you of the trade, You don't trade a twenty five year old for a thirty one year old. You just don't do that when they're sort of on the same stratosphere, even if you want to put them on the same stretosphere. If you told me that Anthony Davis was a notch below Luca, I wouldn't argue with you.
Speaker 3: But they're both.
Speaker 2: Best in the world type players, both in the top ten, top fifteen players when healthy. So that's really interesting because I do think a big part of this had to do with what you're saying. But I think an even bigger part of this than anything is, like the degree to which he values Anthony Davis is probably han a higher degree than anyone else on the planet that's not named Davis.
Speaker 1: Right, Like, look, we can sit here and look at the Lucas situation all day. None of us would have made the trade. None of us feel like they got the just return.
Speaker 3: But if I.
Speaker 1: Don't speak for you, guys, I feel that way, but I think that's fair. But if you are, if you really read between the lines here, you know the perception of Luca and his belief on who Luca is at his core are those things are different. Like the the fan base is not aware of any problems they had managing Luca or getting him to be in shape or any of that stuff. But it sounds like when he dealt with Polinka, he also was very candid and like put all his cards on the table and like showed him all Luca's flaws. So like all of us were like, dude, if you're gonna if those flaws are real at least, don't tell the guy you're negotiating with.
Speaker 3: Go rob that guy blind. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a great point, and I also think it's interesting. I'll make this super quick with then the context of Darryl Mory now, the guy that we always used to compare Luca Too with James Harden, because Houston tried so hard to get him to hey, man, change your ways, change your ways. But dude, Darryl Moray rode with James Harden everywhere he went and acquired him everywhere he went until the very end, and then him and James Harden got crossways and now they won't even talk. But even though he tried to get him to change, he still rode with him until about the age of thirty one or thirty two, and then he and then he cut bait.
Speaker 3: That's wow, that's really really interesting, really good audio kata.
Speaker 1: All Right, there you have it. There's around the Sports coming up next. What are we gonna do next?
Speaker 5: Well, look, dude, you just set the world on fire when you got Michael Scott right at number twelve on that list.
Speaker 3: So let's get to the final portion. The points are doubled. Next