Speaker 1: You're listening in Big for Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron Tonight's story doesn't start with a footprint or a whoop in the woods. It starts with a boy lying in bed playing with kittens when something heavy begins circling their trailer. That boy was David, and what followed was a lifetime of encounters, from screams in the Trinity ELPs, to glowing red orbs that drifted through walls, to the moment he opened his eyes and realized he wasn't alone, a family of sasquatched, three alien beings, and a voice in his head that told him to drink pickle juice. This isn't a sci fi story. This is David's life and it all came rushing back in the Elliott State Forest in twenty nineteen nine, nights of eerie Knox shadowy movement, and finally a roar so loud it shook their souls. This is the story of David and the night the forest roared back. So stay with us. I pick the Society. We have the privilege of talking to David today. David's an individual that you've heard on the show. During the call in show heard him before and we had a good chat then. But David's back to share some some other very interesting encounters. He is from out there in the great state of Oregon, and welcome to the show again, David. How's it going man, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, Jeremiah. It's going really good. I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I'm this is going to be a fun one. We were talking before the show started recording, and you know, we'll be going some some areas that the show normally doesn't go, but it does have to do with Bigfoot. And you know, I'm going to say, let's let's pass things right over to you, David, bring us back to the first instance that you're wanting to share with the listeners tonight, please, okay.
Speaker 2: Sure. So it all started and I remember the year because when we moved to this little place and I'll tell you the place, Jeremiah. You can look it up if you want to. It was a place called Junction City, California. It was about seven miles west of Weaverville, California. And there's before you get to Junk City, there's a place on the right called Slattery Pond and it's like just the sal Pond. And we lived up the little dirt road behind that pond, and it was the only house back there, and it was it had turned nineteen seventy nine to nineteen eighty because I had messed up on my school work paper and had to erase the seventy nine and put eighty. So I remember that. That's the only reason why I remember the actual year that this happened. And so we'd lived there probably a couple months or something, and it was just a place that we stayed in between us buying this property. So we stayed there just kind of momentarily. And so when we moved in there, the people that rented at the place to us told us about this big and I'm doing like a quote with my finger bear that would come around that previous renters had talked about that scared the previous renters. And so it was a double white mobile home, and the back half of the trailer was kind of off off the ground because it's the ground sloped off right there, so it was up on like the cinder blocks, and I'd say the bottom of the trader was like three feet off the ground or something like that. But me and my brother's room was in the very back that that end of the trader and there was the hallway, and then there was a pantry across from our bedroom door, and it used to be an old fruit pantry. Well that there was no inside door, so if you're walking the hallway, you could just walk right in. There was no door there, but the outside door there used to be an outside entrance. That door was gone, and there was like a piece of plywood that they had nailed I think I only could be screwed. I think it was just nailed on there. And so we moved into this place and we've been living there, I don't know, probably a couple of weeks or something. And at night, you could we started hearing like these screams coming off and there's no owls as it's basically would start to go into like the Trinity Outs wilderness kind of areas, just all wilderness area behind that place, and we would just hear these screams, like a woman being murdered or worse, you know, and our whole family, there were six of us kids would just sit there with the window open, listening to this screaming coming off the side of the mountain, and my dad and my mom would be like, Chuck, what is that what is that? And my dad would be like, I don't know. I think it's maybe a fox or a fox cab. We all, I mean, it was so loud, it was it was scary, and I would have been if it was if that happened at nineteen eight let's say, just from nineteen eighty, I would have been nine years old at the time, and we just all of his kids knew that it didn't sound right. So then later on, my brother Charty, he was the oldest of us kids, he must have been about fifteen ish, comes running into the house one day and he's like, mom, Mom, Mom, I found a huge footprint. She's like, what do you mean? And he was like, mom, I found a huge footprint. It looked like ours, but it's huge. And he was doing like his hands and it was like, you know, eighteen inches or twenty inches or something huge footprint and my mom was like, are you sure it's not a bear? Were stepped into his own track and all that, you know, the standard question, which is good to ask. He's like, mom, Mom, it was there was multiple tracks and it was just one huge footprint, not two tracks in one. And so all this kind of adds up to this last bit. So me and my oldest brother sucked in that back bedroom on the same bed, and I slept up against the wall underneath the window. And it had to be sometime during the middle and I don't know what, I'm just going to guess it was around midnight or something. And I'm laying there on my back and i have a little kitten on my chest and I'm playing with the little kitten, and there was a few kittens up on the window sill, and it wasn't like a full moon, and you could see the light coming through the window, and so the kittens were like really highlighted in the window. And we're all just sitting there doing our thing. And then I noticed the kittens up in the window just stopped what they were doing, and they were looking out the window, all hunched up like when they're playing and they hunch up and all fluffed up, and both of them were doing the same thing, looking out the window, and their heads were moving like they were watching something. And then the kitten and I was holding did the same thing, just boom, just stop and fluffed up and was looking out towards the wall. Pretty soon I just hear boom boom, boom boom, and it's getting louder and louder, and it goes right right to the right of my window, walks right around the end of the trailer, and I can hear it walking up the other side, just boom boom, and you could feel these footsteps. And I'm trying to wake up my brother and he's not waking up. I'm not talking. I'm just trying to use my hand to kind of shake him. And it's quiet for just like one second, and then I hear it like like this breaking sound, and you could literally kind of feel the mobile home like shimmy, like if you get a big win. It's not like shaking, but you could just feel as little like hear creak and just feel that movement a little bit. And so that scared me. So I slip out of bed as quiet as I can, and I walk over to the door and I'm pushing it on the door a little bit and turning the handle as quiet as I can because I wanted to sneak out there. I had to run. I had to go past where that happened. I knew it was a plywood at that pantry, that food pantry and so the door goes click, just a tiny little click, and I just said boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom, just running off. So I took my chance, you know, my moment, and just threw the door open and just h teled into my mom and dad's room. And my mom let me slip in, and she was like, oh, it's probably no cats fighting and this and that, and I was like, no, mom, Mom, there's a monster offside that broke the house. It broke the house. And she was like, no, no, no, you're a mistake, and just go to sleep and we'll look at it in the morning. So the next morning or the next day, it wasn't the next morning. The next day, my mom and my older brother come and picked us up from school in Johnson City, and my brother's like, hey, David, do you remember that what you here last night? I'm like yeah, and then he goes, just wait till we get home. I was like, okay. So we get home and my dad, who worked at the mill, and we were revill. He just got home and he was standing out there on the side of the trader with that plywood was nailed up and he's just standing there looking and all of us go walking up there and at the very top of that door, like I said, it was like a regular sized door, but the door was gone. It was just plywood. Was the plywood was pushed in at the very top and you could see like I'm going to say, claw marks, but you usedee gouges into in the plywood? What pushed it in at the very very top And my dad just standing there looking at it, and we're like cranking our heads up looking at this thing because that's the end of the trader where the ground sloped off, and it's still you know, like up at the top of that door. And my mom's like, chuck, what could have done that? And he's got that look. All this kids could see it. My mom could see it too, and he's got that look just looking at that, and he goes, I guess a big bear. And my mom's like, what kind of bear could do that? And he was like, I guess a big one. And so that was that was basically the end of anything that happened there. We ended up moving up to the property that we bought up and now the property we bought was up near Trinity Center, California, which is north from Weaverville on Highway three, and we lived out in the boundocks up on that road. And so at this date I can't tell you, I don't know. I would have a feeling that we lived up there for you know, like two to two to four years or something. So I might have been in that twelve thirteen year old range somewhere in there. And I just I, me and my younger brother now slept in the living room this single wide mobile home. We slept in the living room, My two sisters slept in the first bedroom in the hallway, and my mom dad slept in the back bedroom, and my older brother and my oldest so he had moved out, so it was just me and my younger brother and then my two sisters. So I had woke up in the middle of the night on that I stopt sleeping in the living room on the hide of bed couch and feeling like I had been choked. Like I woke up feeling like I was choking, and it scared me bad enough when I went up the hallway to my mom dad's bedroom, and my dad slept on the right hand side of the bed. My mom was sleep on the left, and I walked over to the mom and I was like, Mom, I can't breathe, and she's like, what do you mean. I was like, I feel like I'm being choked. And I have no idea how this ties into this story, but it's how it started, so I don't know if it does tie in or not. But so she was like, well, can you can you take in air? Can you breathe? And I was like yeah, but I feel like I was being choked. And she's like, well, just just climb in bed and you know, you'll be all right. So I remember, you know, just laying there on my back, and I had my eyes closed, and I was kind of still had my hand on my chest kind of by my throat, just kind of still, you know, glad that I was getting air. It was really strange, like my throat felt like it was closed up, I guess. And I was laying there with my eyes closed and trying to make myself go back to sleep. And I don't know what time this was, it was in the middle night sometime, And while I'm laying there with my eyes closed, I started seeing like flickering of light in my eyelids, kind of like if you're sitting around a campfire at night and you close your eyes, how you can see the flicker of the fire through your eyelids. And before I opened my eyes, I asked myself, you know, am I really seeing this? And so I concentrated and I could literally see like the light through my eyelids, and I could tell it was moving. So when I opened my eyes, when I opened my eyes, the room was already kind of starting to glow this red color, like like a red glow. And I'm sorry if this kind of goes over the deep end, Jeremiah, it's you know, it's a strange story and it's hard to even spit it out, but I'm just going to tell it, like what happened. And so I'm laying there, and when I opened my eyes, there's this red glow coming through the walls of my mom and dad's bedroom, like it was coming from the hallway. And when I came in there, I had shut the door and you know, to the room. And so I'm laying there. My mom's in the middle, my Dad's on the other side of the bed. I'm on the left side of the bed on my back, and I'm watching this red glow kind of sway back and forth, left and right, like it was going left, moving left and right, but getting brighter and brighter, and just right at the top of my mom and dad door, right where the wall met the ceiling, this red ball, red orb a little smaller than a basketball. It was probably like a foot in diameter or something like that. A red ball just you just comes right through the wall right there, right at the ceiling in the wall junction, and it's like sticking halfway in my mom and Dad's room. There's no sound, there's no smell. There's just this red ball and it looks like I always describe it as a red light and said it looked like lava, like molten lava. How it kind of turns and older, you know, being older, I was like, well, it was more like plasma. That looked like plasma, just turning and around the outside of that red ball was for like three feet around, three or four feet around. It was like this purple or a purple glow. And I couldn't see through the ball, but you could see through that purple like I could still see the paneling of the mobile home walls, the lines and the paneling. I could see that through that purple and from the red into the purple. It was throwing these white, big sparkles, like the sparklers for Fourth of July, just big sparkles, and when they got to the edge of that purple, they would go out. They'd never left that purple. They just stayed within that. And so I sit up, and it's beautiful. It's not scary at this point. I'm not freaking out. I'm just looking at this beautiful look like a big firework. And so I sit up and I put my left hand and my mom's hip. She's facing away from me, and like I said, the rooms all lit up red. I mean I could see around the room. I could see my mom and dad laying there. And I put my hand on my mom's hip and on my point at the light with my right hand, and I'm like, mom, look at that red light. And she doesn't move. I'm like, mom, look at that red light. And she literally started to lift her head up and laid it directly just right back down. And I'm looking at her side profile so I can see her mouth, and her mouth didn't move. But I heard Son in your dream and go back to sleep. And I'm like, no, I'm not mom, it's right there. And I turned back and looked at it, and I'm still pointing at it. My left hand is still on my mom's hip, and it's like as soon as I said no, I'm not mom, it's right there, I turn and it's like two three, And then now suddenly this is where gets really weird. So forgive me. But now I'm not in my mom and dad's room anymore, and I'm still pointing with my left hand is still in the same position and that it was. But now I'm standing there looking through like a clear wall, like a glass wall, looking out into stars, and kind of like waking up from the surgery or like passing out, how you kind of wake up and it takes a minute for your eyes to focus and for your mind to kind of get right for a second. And I just remember looking from out looking out that glass wall or a clear wall, then just looking down at my arm, my left arm, and I can see my pajamas. I can tell you exactly what pajamas I had on, long sleeve pajamas and holding my hand, my left hand now is this red haired, thick, black skinned wrinkles with black fingernails that kind of went to a point, like thick fingernails that kind of went to a point hand and my eyes just go right up that red arm. And here's this, My dad's sized bigfoot, just looking down at me. We're standing shoulders shoulder. He's on my left, I say he. I don't know if it was he or not. It was on my left and it's looking straight down at me and his eyes were like huge, like whites in his eyes, like surprised look looking at me. And he's it's holding mom's hand, and mom's holding dad's hand, and we're all me and the little one, and I say little. It is like the size of my dad had little compared to the other two. Mama was probably eight foot, looked just like the Patty bigfoot, but red haired Dad must have been ten feet tall or something. He was huge. And they're standing candy corner, but we're all four holding hands, and they're looking down at me with the same look in their eyes. And then I just my eyes go bo boom boom, look at those three. And then I looked to the right a little more, and standing with their back against the wall was two alien beams. One was like a prying mantis looking thing, had black oval shaped eyes, that brown side of its head, big jaws, like cheeks that weren't skin, they were bone, and they were kind of kind of like a dark brown but with black streaks, kind of like charcoal bone. That's the best I could describe it, kind of like if you char cold bone a little bit in a fire or something that look. And they had their back. It had its back to a wall, and the wall was kind of a cream color. I couldn't tell you what the ceiling and the floor looked like. I could tell you what else was in the room. I could just tell you know. It was like my eyes were directed. I looked at the three bigfoot and looked over to the right. There's this mantis looking thing standing there with us, back to a wall, and beside it was this blue, tall alien being with like a big, huge, perfectly round head, and its eyes were more almond shape, kind of like a gray alien, but were kind of silvery, like like the old coppers glasses. How they have that silver mirror to them that look, and I could see them the skin, you could see like the veins through the skin throughout the whole upper body and they're not looking at me. They're looking kind of to my right beside me, those two who were standing side by side, and they're tall. There's tall is the Bigfoot. I don't know if they were as tall as Mom or Dad, but they were both like in that eight nine foot tall, I would say, if I had to guess. And so my eyes go from them and I looked to the right. Right beside me, literally standing probably a couple of feet from me, was a little gray alien being looking up at them, at the two aliens, the two tall aliens, and it's head's bobbing during kind of like a bobblehead, and it's not making no sound of it. You could tell. I could tell that it was communicating with those two. And then as soon as I look at that and see the head bobbing, it turns and looks at me. And we're pretty close to the same eyes. I was probably a little taller, but I just remember it turned and looked at me. And then the next thing I know is I'm walking coming kind of coming out of that same waking up from a surgery or passing out feeling starting to come to, and I'm walking up the hallway like from my mom and dad's room while walking up the hallway back towards the living room, and I hear in my head, I hear drink pickle juice. Drink pickle juice. So I just remember going to the kitchen, opened the fridge and popped open the jar pickles and just chugged pickle juice and crawled back in bed with my brother, and that was that was the end of that. That was the last thing I remember. For years and years, the family only remembered me talking about the red light. And it was probably ten or fifteen years ago. I just happened to be watching I wasn't watching. I was flipping through the channels and Ancient Aliens was on, and I kind of, I wonder what these crackpots are about a little bit, so I was like, I'm gonna check it out and see what they're talking about. The first thing they showed was that same red orb going through like military bases and going in and out of like missile silos and stuff like that, going through walls and all that. And I just literally jumped up and ran into the bedroom and got my wife. I'm like, babe, baby, you gotta come see. She ran in there and I was like, that's what I saw right there, and it was literally had peers. It wasn't like I was, but I literally had like these tears in my eyes from emotions because I didn't think about anybody else seeing that I already ever talked about it ever, and then to see it just it really it was profound and I couldn't believe that I just was looking at what I saw. And so that was pretty much the end of that junction of the Junction City and then at Trinity Center Experiences. So oh, I haven't completely lost so far.
Speaker 1: But so I I want to talk a little bit about the the abduction just because I mean, it's so unique to this show. That's it's something that that really does not come up. So man, it's so the way that the Bigfoot looked to you in there. Were they well I guess you said one of them actually did look like Patty, didn't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they all look yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so so interesting. And I mean you're you're what probably around eleven to twelve at this time.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking it was, yeah, between between ten and fourteen, and I would say twelve ish is white in the ballpark. I honestly couldn't tell you exactly what year.
Speaker 1: It was, Okay, and I mean not on any substances at all.
Speaker 2: Right, what with that?
Speaker 1: No, no substance use at all at that, you know, No, no, nope, that's that's so so interesting. Why do you think that the pickle juice was all all about that? That's one of the most interesting parts.
Speaker 2: You know, the people like talked about that, you know too when I told I told my story on a couple other places too, But you know, me and you were trying to hook this up. It's been a while since we were trying to get together to tell it. That people saying that that's a common theme for like the dehydration, and another one was saying it could help for like shock. Somebody was saying, for like shock, I have no idea. And you know how you hear yourself when you're like have a thought in your head, you kind of hear your own little voice in your head, not like schizophrenia, but your own monologue in your head. It was my voice saying, drink pickle juice, drink pickle juice. And I I have no idea why it said that, you know, or why that would be important or not. I don't know, but I do feel like you that there's got to be something to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's got to be some scientific I like the ideas that those other people came up with though dehydration, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Man, how I got to tell you, Yeah, it felt like the Bigfoot were abducted like me. That's what it felt like. And when I told no, when I get into detail, I know, we're a kind of amount of time thing, but I tell people like, oh, man, I bet you were scared or freak out or this and that, and I was like, you know what, there was like zero emotion nothing. It was how I said, It would be like if you were sitting in a big room and you had a bunch of people in there, a bunch of people you knew something you didn't and you're just sitting off the side and you're just looking around, like looking around, just seeing what was going on. That's what it felt like. There was no fear. I don't know if my eyes were big, like the Bigfoot eyes were big, but they had like that total surprise look on their face. And I have a feeling that they were in the same predicament I was. And the strangest thing about this, jere mind. We didn't have really TV. We had like your We didn't have like, you know, satellite or anything like that, just you're basic like ABC and PBS channel back in the day. So I didn't get to watch anything that could have put that in my mind. But we had these neighbors. The closest neighbor that lived to us lived down the hill from us, and there was a man and the daughter and was married to this man who was like thirty four or something at the time, but his mental status was like the same age as me and my little brother. We would play like kids out there, and that family used to tell us that they fed a family of bigfoot red hair bigfoot, a mom and dad and a young one off their deck by hand, and we used to kind of knock to their face that like kind of laugh at them, like, man, these people are crazy, you know what I mean, They are weird. And then that happened, and you know, late on life, after I kind of start putting two and two together, It's like, well, it makes sense and it kind of fits. And I think that those that family was abducted, not the people, but the family of Bigfoot. I believe was abducted.
Speaker 1: At the same time, I was, oh, yeah, sure, I mean that's why. And they're feeding them by hand. That is wild. I mean I've heard of an individual leaving food on the back porch and then they were eating off the back porch by hand. That is that's a whole different ballgame. And this all happened in Trinity Center.
Speaker 2: You're saying, yes, there's a little place. It's actually about six miles before Trinity Center. There's a little community. It's kind of mostly summer homes and there it's just a road that kind of winds up. It's called Covington Mill and that is the actual name of the place where this all happened. But yes, by Trinity Center, and it's wooly and if you look at it from like the the Patterson Gimmon Fight as the crow flies, I think it's like fifty miles or something from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's it's in that area. I mean, you've got Mount Shasta northeast of it, and Dunsmore can get some interesting stuff comes out. I mean, you're in that whole area.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: It's it's wild. Have you looked to see if there's been other abductions in that area over the years.
Speaker 2: I actually have not. I did at one point look for like just bigfoot reports and stuff like that, and I don't recall seeing any. I know, there's a lot of weird stuff to go on around Mount Shasta, a lot of war about and stuff. And then you got hoop Are on the other side of the mountains right there, and Willow Creek and stuff like that. It's all right there in the same general area. So a lot of history, for sure.
Speaker 1: Is this abduction something that you find laying over in your mind a lot or.
Speaker 2: I you know, since I've been an adult, you know, I'm waging an adult now. But I did not ever talk about it growing up, the duction part. I never told none of my family about it ever, kind of just buried it down and always talked about the red light that came into mom Dad's room. And they remember me telling them about, you know, trying to wake mom up. And my mom doesn't remember, my dad doesn't remember. And my mom was one of those ones like when I first went in there, when I felt like I was choking, she wakes up when one of his kids went into the room. She was awake immediately and when I was trying to have my hand on her, had the same mom and the room was lit up. Mom looked at that red light. She didn't wake up. And I find that very fascinating too. And I believe when I was on board that my eyes were being directed at what I could look at, because, like I said, it wasn't like I looked around like I was looking around the room just checking everything out, just like looked at the hand hold of mine when up its arms, looked him in the eye, looked at the hand you know, followed the arms to Mama, looked into her face, looked at Daddy's face, and then looked over at the two aliens, and looked at the grave beside me. And it was like it looked at me and a bang and I was back in the hallway. So it felt like I was being directed at what I could see.
Speaker 1: In years since then, you know, let's say, watching things on TV or in movies, have you ever seen depictions of aliens or creatures that were very close to what you saw in that ship that day?
Speaker 2: So the gray looked like you're staying or gray, you know. And there's a lot of movies kind of have as like a standard little three or four foot tall gray alien, black almond eyes, gracean like elongated head that common the other one looking at like. I've went on my computer over the years and just like looked up different alien types the mantis being. Seems that they depict some of them seem fairly close to what I saw. The blue one there is, you know, and they have like pictures of the not real pictures sketches or whatever of the blue one. I have not seen anything that completely. I would be like, yes, that's exactly what I saw if I had, if anybody seen the movie Signs that those aliens, that was like the body type of it, but it had like a ball round head, like a big round head, and was blue and had big veins in it and silver eyes. So those two I have not seen really any movies that I could recall that depicted those two beings.
Speaker 1: That's that's really interesting. Yeas Signs freaked me out when I was younger. It's not that crazy either, but it's just like very suspenseful and that I don't really get into that stuff. I'm in a big foot, but it's like, yeah, no, kind of draw the line at Signs. I guess. But did you have any things happened to you as you as you got older that might be related to seeing these aliens?
Speaker 2: Not? Not really. I mean I've seen stuff in the sky. I mean my wife where we're living at right now here in Queues Bay. We've lived here at this house for like sixteen or seventeen years. We've seen pretty good stuff here, but not like life forms or anything like that, just like UFOs by definition stuff We couldn't tell you what they were. Definitely didn't seem like they were the dreaded drone or you know, or a plane or anything like that. Like they seem to be actual UFOs and really that yeah, nothing like some An interesting and interesting note is that I am OURH negative blood. A lot of people who pass that, are you ourhe negative? I am for sure, I just you're ago. Had they drew blood to just do my urity check up and I asked them, I say, hey, what's my blood type? So that I am alage negative, so that might be something that ties in with that. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: What was your reaction when you found that out that that's your blood type.
Speaker 2: I would have to say I was kind of like, uh, you know that kind of thing, like kind of like another piece that fit. I guess if each negative blood is it has truth to it.
Speaker 1: So I think I think there's a lot of truth to that. I mean a lot of individuals I talked to where they have weird stuff happened. I mean, that's that's the blood type. It's very very interesting these So the two things that you've shared so far, when you got older, did you ever have a conversation with either of your parents about either of those things that happened?
Speaker 2: So my mom and dad they were like really closed minded to that kind of stuff. Anything abnormal was like demonistic, you know what I mean, or just it was like dark and didn't want nothing to do with it. But my mom mostly like she passed away a couple of years ago, and before she did, me and my sister. My sister really ended up big Foot and team stuff too. The next story comes up she was involved with this, But we're like, Mom, do you remember that in Juncton City when it broke Probably She's like yeah, I'm like, mom, do you remember how that back into the trader was off the ground like by three or four feet or something like that. She's like, yeah, and I said, so a standard door is like what seven foot or something like that, So that means the top of that door was close to like ten feet off the ground and that's where it broke. It was up there, I said, Mom, Bears don't reach up as high as they can, and there ain't a black bear in California that I that I know of that could reach up ten feet and have the power to push in play with like that. But she was like, yeah, yeah, I can see that. And I was like, and Mom, one other thing is you don't hear bears go boom boom boom walking around the house. And she's like yeah, and as I can. And Chartie found the footprint Mom, and then we heard the scream. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I just don't I just think it was all ant you know, stuff you can that had ever answer is basically how she put it. I would not believe that it is.
Speaker 1: That's really interesting. Yeah, I mean some people do not want to cross that line. I totally get it. Yeah, I've experienced that myself and with relatives, and it's just that they don't want to cross that line. And I get it, you know, I crossed the line, like I've crossed that line. You've crossed that line too. Yeah, we're both tries that line. So no problem there. But I can get you know, there are people out there where the like, you know, I like knowing how life works and staying on this side where everything is okay and manageable. Right, yeah, yeah, but uh, yep, there's more.
Speaker 2: Gold was a logger. He worked like, operated a cat a bulldozer for logging. And they cut this road in in between Weaverville and Traney Center, right by Trinity Lake. Cut this road into old growth for you know, like giant ten foot diameter trees and stuff. Worked until night on the end up there, it's like red clay mud, and cut this road in. Never been cut a road in there before. Cut this road in. Next morning, they get there at like four thirty the diesel, you know, fuel up the cat and stuff, and he said, here were these gianormous footprints coming out of the woods. Walked around the cat and walked right back down in the wood. I'm like, Dad, so what do you think that could be? He's like, we think it was a hoax or trying to scare us off, trying to shut down the logging. I'm like, really, so they came out of these woods where there's no road near there, walked around the cat only and then walked back into the woods. That's how they're gonna host sh it. Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's wild, I mean, and that's that's early eighties. You said, right, yeah, yeah, okay, okay, wow, gonness, that's just that's so so intense. Now, David, you also have a third experience that you would that you're wanting to share it tonight. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, sir, this happened in right here near Crews Bay. It's placed a lot of the people I know when we were in your chat on a couple of shows ago, people are like, oh, yeah, I know the Elliott So this was in the Elliotts twoenty nineteen, and me and my wife were be hunting Elk and we got up there. So Elk season starts at on Saturday morning. We got up there at Thursday evening, probably about an hour before dark or so. And as soon as we get there, I got my camper off the back of my truck. We had a cab over camper, took that off my truck and my sister Cindy, who were just talking about who's into the big footing. She followed us up there in her car and she had never been up there before. She followed us up there in the car and she was just going to sleep in her car with her two little dogs, and me and my wife had our camper and want our little dog. And so we get there. I get the camper off at gets me toward ers, like about twenty minutes left a light. So I was like, hey, do you want you guys want me to run and get my trail camera real quick because I had a trail camera up there for like two months, you know, just scouting for elk and stuff. And they're like yeah. So I ran up there and got my camp, got back right at dark. We checked up the pictures and there was just like elekin deer on it. Nothing weird. And so we're setting up camp and it's probably about ten o'clock and my sister's like, we got company and I'm like what do you mean. She goes, you didn't hear that, and I was like no. She's like, there was just a big bang. It sounds like train off, but a big bang up the hill right there. And I'm like, Cindy, there is nobody up there, I promise. And so in the area at Stave Forest, we're like eleven miles up this gravel road to get to the turnoff, and it's on the nine thousand road. Your map probably won't show you very much on that, but it was on the nine thousand road. We drove down that. I think it's about three miles down that. So we're like a total about fourteen miles up into the woods and we're just pulled over on the edge of the gravel camping. One camp was about five miles away from us, and that was the only camp that was up there, the only other camp, And so I was like, Cindy, there's nobody up there, I promise. We're in this valley. There's like a behind our camp. On the one side, it's like drops down off the road about ten feet and there's a big flat goes to a creek and then it goes up the side of the mountain. On the other side of the road we were a camp just goes straight up the hill and it's just like thick thick dick, like they clear the young trees and just left them slash slash piles everywhere. So you couldn't already get through there, and she was like, the noise came from right there, and I was like, yeah, there's nobody up there. So it's kind of like red flag right there. And so long story short, because we were up there for nine nine days and every day and every night there was what sounded like big knocks, just just knocks, and then at one point we heard like a knock and then like brush like it was running through the brush. And I'm just writing everything off, like Cindy, because me and my wife were just like we we've hunted up the fourteen years and we camped up there the one whole elk season, the whole month in a tent and never had anything happen. This is all the first time out of fourteen years of being up there, and so I'm writing everything off, writ and everything off, and then, like I'd say, it was probably like the fifth day we're up there. My sister's in the back seat of my truck, my wife's driving, and I'm in the passenger seat, and we're going to drive to this one spot and we're going to get out walk this blocked off road and we come around the corner and there's a herd elk on my side down the hill, and they're not spread out like a normal herd would be. They were like in a circle, like just bunched up. And there was a legal bull and that herd, and he was kind of walking on the outside of him that like he was wanting to walk off, that he would turn around and walk back to the herd. They do that kind of standard, but you know, like they're going to keep other bulls away from their cows. But the way they were all hunched up, and I'm like, okay. So my sister stayed in the truck and me and my wife get out and we're getting the wind right and getting to where they can't see us. And we walk up the road and we cut off down through the brush and it's really thick, you know, really thick brush up there, salow and huckleberries and just thick brush, and so we're kind of making noise, sneaking down, sneaky, but we're making noise, so like right in our ears is noise. And my sister said, as soon as we left the road, there was like three different knocks from three different directions, like they had those elks surrounded and those knocks came from each side of those elk as soon as we left the road, and we didn't hear it. Me and my wife didn't hear it. And so my sister's kind of from the road, she can kind of get glimpses of us going through the brush, kind of working our way off down that road below that road, sneaking up those elks, and the elk kind of start moving off, and she says, right behind us, like twentyears, three thirty yards, she goes, I'm not kidding, brother, there was something black following you and ded through the brush. And I'm like, well, it could have been a bull, you know, another elk with like the black name that they have. And she's like, well, I heard three knocks right before I saw it. So I'm just telling you. And I'm like, okay, okay, I believe you. And so now we get to where it kind of gets really interesting. So it's probably the sixth or seventh night it kind of all adds up. I have it wrote down somewhere, but I mean it's so burned in my memory that you know, I pretty much can tell her word for word. But we uh on most of the night, on all the nights leading up to this, I had my twelve gage shotgun that I would lean against the back of my camper when we were sitting out there, because we'd sit out there till like ten or eleven, just you know, talking and we're camping and that it was great and you should. We had a lantern burning, and this night I had my little head my little Walmart special headlamp on and I had it on the green setting and we only had a mosquito candle burning for light. We didn't even have a lantern or nothing. And I left my shotgun inside the camper. And every time my sister smoked cigarettes, and so when she would get up to move away from me and my wife so the smoke went goodbye, she would step up into that gravel road and smoke. So when she would do that, I would get up and just turn on my headlamp, you know, and look around just to make sure it's good. So she gets up to smoke, and it's about ten thirty at night, and me and my wife are kind of getting ready to go faed, but she gets up to smoke, so I step up with her, and I shine my headlamp directly across the road because that was kind of the closest trees. And I looked to the right, and then I turned to the left, and as I'm walking, I'm just kind of her I'm shining. I'm kind of walk in the direction I'm shining to my light. So I and start walking back to the left and hit the road or my headlamp hits the road, and I was like, boom, we got we got eyes. And there was the giant, giant size and spread of eyeballs like thirty yards away from me, right on the edge of the gravel road, but down now, like a couple of feet off the ground, and they're just burning, big reflective eyeballs. I'm like, we got eyes like that. My sister's like what. She turns around and walked it to me. She's like, oh, just like starts hyperventilating, and I can hear the gravel. She's walking back and she gets to her car, she like rolls up the window on her car so her dog would jump out. And I'm still just standing there looking at and this thing is not blinking, it's not turning, it's not doing anything. And I'm not taking my eyes off. I'm just staring at it. And I can hear her walk back up to me and look at it again, and uh like hyperventilates, and she walks back towards your car. And about that time, when she's walking by my light, my life, she's like really hard to hear. She's still sitting in her camp chair next to the camper. She can see it. She's just looking at it, sitting there, and I was like, bib, I need the flashlight in the gun right now. And I heard her get up and she's going into camper and like here dutop, dup doom. She's in there getting the flashlight in my shotgun. I'm at this point, I'm honestly, I'm thinking my bear. That's just what I'm thinking. It's like a bear. But the eyes were huge and far apart. Bears are not. And I can hear the gravel. She's walking upside me and mean, this thing are still logged on. And she comes up and she bumps my left arm and literally has the shotgun and our flashlightight right there. So I take my eyes off it, grab it and turn and look and hit the light and that being was gone, I mean, like not there, and I'm I'm expecting to shoot a bear honestly and or just scare a bear off. And this thing's gone and it's rainforest on both sides, and I'm thinking, you know, I'm like where to go? Where to go? And they're like, I don't know, I don't know, and it's like where did it go out? And I was like, okay, do you guys want me to just go ahead and fire shot off? Just come of Still my brain's still trying to tell me it was an animal, and they're like, yeah, I do, I do it. So I just pointed in my shotgun up in the air and boom, fired it off. So we talked for a little while and went to bed, and the next morning, instead of going getting up and just going straight hunting, we wanted to wait till daylight and just walked down there down the road that thirty yards or so and look at where it was, you know, where it was at when it was happening. You could see like scuf marks on the hard pack gravel where it looked like it pushed itself back off that road, and it, like I said, on that side of the road, it dropped down about between six and ten feet, you know, depending on where you're out on that road down to a really thick tree act and it goes back to that creek and then up the hill. Well, somehow that thing got out of there in an instant. I mean I didn't take my eyes off it and look at my wife walking up and give it, you know, ten seconds to run off. She bunt my arm and I literally just like turned grab it and turned back at the the road and it was gone. So that was that raise of like really big red flag, Like, man, I don't the not hearing it run off is what spooked me the most. I guess it's like there's no way you could a bear or an elk or whatever it could have ran off at like full speed. It would have to just like bolted and not made a sound. So now we're gonna just for time's sake, we'll flash flash forward to nine nine, so it's getting dark and or at the same spot. And every night and every day, like I said, is there's stuff happening that you could associate with animals or bigfoot or whatever. Just stuff happening. Noises and stumps sound like they're being torn apart, and knocks and just stick pop here and there, which is normal in the woods. But just everything was adding up to this. So night number nine getting dark and sudden we hear this, you know, like a hood al bardal. And so my sister she's getting her her drink on me and my wife did not drink, still don't, no drugs, nothing like that. Were totally one hundred percent sober. And she's having a good time laughing and trying to answer the owl back, and the owl would kind of answer back to her, but he would answer back. It would answer back every time I did it. And so my sister's got her phone and she still has the recording of this, has her phone and she's recording that owl going back and forth. Well, like I said, is this is like at ten ten thirty at night by the time this all comes down, So she'd been recording for like fifteen or twenty minutes at least. At one point, you could hear me go, hey, Cindy, remember on Jurassic Park where the one Veloci rapper kept the attention of the guy while the other one's knuck up bying. She's like yeah, and I'm like, that's probably what's happening right now, and we laughed about it. Well, my wife was getting ready to go to bed, and so our little dog. She wanted the little dog to go potty before I went to bed. So I walk over with my wife and the dogs, you know, on the edge of the road, and we're standing there with the flashlight on it kind of get the dog go back. The dog would not go. Dog would not go. And my sister's still over there, calling back and forth like drunk, calling this owl, and the owl is still going off, and it's across that the owls across that flat and back by that creek area, which I would say was a little less than a hundred yards away from where we were camping, and so I say, hey. My wife's like, hey, I think her calling is making our dog nervous. Can you tell her stop? And I was like okay. So I was like, hey, Siddy, can you stop calling for a second. I think you're making the dog nervous. So she's like okay, So she stops recording, which is classic, and she's sitting there and the dog's doing and go. So I picked up the dog and we start walking over to my sister, and as soon as we all three get together, that owl hoots again. So we all kind of stop and look up in the dark, look towards that direction, and this time owl goes and it kind of goes like drop down. We call it like an angry owl, like an angry owl sound. And then immediately to the left of it, we're like a kyote was gonna yip. And then just left of that, just this this roar, this roared Jeremiah was so deep and so loud that you literally could feel it in your chest, and you could hear the trees ringing like ten freight train horns loud, just brah, and all three of our jaws dropped, and we all three had kind of watery eyes. And I said what And I did cuss that time, and I don't ever hardy cuss. I was like, what was that? And they're like, I don't know, I don't know. I was like, get stuff, let's go, let's go, because I mean, it was like it felt like we were about to die if we didn't get out there. And so she gathered, you know, my wife gathered like her medicine bag and her purse. My sister she didn't really have anything. So she just jumped in her car and waited for me and Ddie and we got in our truck and my wife drove and I had my shotgun out the window with a flashlight because we had to drive right past where that war came from. And I stood jarred as we drove by. And we got out of there, and we went back up a week later to get my camper. It took us a week to go back up there.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, let's say, okay, man, you left. I guess that makes sense. I mean I probably would have done a similar thing. I mean, I can't imagine hearing something like that so close to you, freaking I.
Speaker 2: Mean like freaky loud. Yeah, And it was one sound was one voice box. The owl was like one voice box. Then the yip yip came a little bit to the left, like it was a different voice box. Then a little more left was that big war. So it was like what like three of them on this you know, right off the side camp and that roar just it wasn't like it was just like like you get the sense like that's enough, you know, that's what it was. But it was intense, loud and deep, and we had bailout bugle you know, yards from us, and they're huge, you know, they're one thousand pounds nine hundred pounds with big chest, and that that wouldn't even have touched the sound that this thing made.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness, because it it sounds like you're very familiar with what the animals of that area should sound like.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I've hunted my whole life and hunted this spot for now for twenty years. And yeah, I mean I heard the elt and heard coyotes, and he heard bobcat squall in and fox doing their little calls and stuff, and people were like, well, maybe it was an owl. I'm like, man, I know owls can be loud, and they can sound bigger than what their chess, you know, can produce. But this thing was like freight training horn loud, just brah. So. Yeah, when I heard that, that's when I knew that we were not dealing with just an animal. That's when it was like all rolled through my brain, like the culmination of all that nine days just went to that.
Speaker 1: Have you heard anything that even comes close to that sound?
Speaker 2: I had? There was one recording, so we did. Of course, me and my sister. My wife's kind of not into it as much and my sister's the most into it, but she found something on the internet that was supposed to be a bigfoot recording, and it was the closest I think it might have been in Canada, but it was the closest. We all three agreed to what we heard. M that's that's no animal that I know of. I mean, I've hunted moose and up in Alaska, kill bull, elk, killed a bull, moose, killed a lot of bears, a lot of bear in my life and stuff, and there's just I just don't know of anything else it could have been.
Speaker 1: And this is, uh, this is southern Elliott State Forest.
Speaker 2: This is the yes, the southern side of the Elliot State Forest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been following, Like I use Google masks, but sometimes I'll use on X because you can actually see the Forest Service roads.
Speaker 2: Uh huh and uh I got on X.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's dude, it's great. Not a sponsor, guys, but man, if they ever want to be beho, they are great. There's nothing better than you know, because yeah, I mean it's not just for hunters like bigfooters use it like crazy. You can mark where you've seen, where you've had sightings and all sorts of stuff. You can share it with your big for friends.
Speaker 2: I mean, guys, absolutely even hikers and whatever because you can track yourself and everything. I love it. I'm dropping tins like you said, I've Yeah, we've had it for like probably eight years now or something, and we're not going without it. We renew it every year. But yeah, if you're looking at like you go up the one thousand road, which is Marlow Creek is actually the name of it. Yep, I see, and then went up at like eleven miles or thirteen miles or something to the nine thousand road, and then you dropped left down the nine thousand and we were down the bottom of that road, so we looked, and in two thousand and one there was a bow hunter hunting elk on that same exact road had a daytime sighting while he was stalking elk.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't remember if that was Bfro or if that was like my big Fizz of Oregon or I can't remember where it was, but there was on the exact same road. In two one a bow hunter saw a daytime bigfoot stalking the same ALKI was from like forty yards away.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. That that is awesome when you when you see that kind of thing, you find that report and that's just like, you know, you know what you experience, but it's like when you see someone else experience something in the same area and you're like, oh, this is just this, this is it. You know, it's it's like yours bunks.
Speaker 2: Your hair stands up, like oh.
Speaker 1: Man, absolutely, yeah, would you ever go back to that area?
Speaker 2: So we still hunt there every year, oh okay, but we do not camp there, and we and the whole time we've been there since Jeremiah nothing, it's been fine, but we're not camped at that same spot, but we camp all around that. I mean within a couple, you know, a mile or two of that same spot, and we've never had anything. You know, we've had stuff or you're like uh huh, you know, leave us alone, but nothing like that, you know where it was like days of interaction basically.
Speaker 1: Okay, So they're they're doing little stuff like are they like throwing little rocks or wood knocks or things like that, or one.
Speaker 2: Time, you know, I both just heard a knock and I was like, did you hear that? She's like yeah, and I was like, chop the truck. She turned off the truck and we were driving up this one road and you have almost four by it. You're not quite four buying, but you're going real slow. And I was actually looking at like five or six full ELK carcasses, like the full skeletons. And I'm sitting there looking at these skeletons with my binoculars and they're literally like thirty yards off the side of this hill, off the side of the road, and I get my binoculars and I'm trying to look at details of them, like, well, how did they die? You know, is there like teeth marking the bones. I was just kind of checking that out, and all of a sudden, I was like and I looked over at my wife and she looked at me, and I'm like, you heard that. She was yeah, and it was like, kill the truck. Kill the truck. So she shut the truck off, and we're both kind of got our you know, our ear radars up and from the same exact spot, which was down just below those skeletons, just probably thirty seconds later, maybe just I think, let's go, and we fired the truck up and left. So that was near right near there. That was probably about seven miles from there, but in that same general southern part of the Elliott.
Speaker 1: So, did you notice if those elk were killed in any weird way, like if they I don't know if you can you tell if an animal has a broken neck, if it's if you could just see the skeleton.
Speaker 2: I if you went up and twist, you know, turned it. I suppose you could. I don't know if I just looking at it right and and you know, I definitely didn't notice that looking at him through the truck. That's what I was looking at, like seeing if I could see like a crush neck or you know, crushed vertebrae or broken ribs. The one weird kind of thing about that I was looking at is there was one hide, like the skin part, and it was rolled up kind of like rolled in a like a tube shape, rolled that and I thought, and I'm in my mind, you know, I'm thinking, well, could could be poachers, you know, or they dumping like poached elk off the side. And I was like, well, they would have had to throw these skeletons pretty far off the edge of the road to get them to where they're all laying right there. Yes, they could have drug them all there, but why would you drug drag them to where they could be seen, you know, just kind of like that's what was going through my mind while I'm sitting there, and the truck was just idle, and then that knock and I'm like kill it, kill it, and she killed the truck, and like thirty seconds later again it was like let's go. I'm done.
Speaker 1: Let's so you're saying that you're you're staying in different places than the original place. How far away from the original place are you approximately when you're staying in these other places now?
Speaker 2: Basically, so you've seen where the nine thousand goes off of the one thousand road. We stayed right at that junction quite a bit. And then we've also stayed on a road that's the eighteen hundred road, which the bottom of it literally is like a mile from where we were camping at. We stayed on that road quite a bit. So in general, just a rough, rough idea probably oh probably within three miles or four miles or something of that spot. Went up there, and like my other sister came up from southern California, wanted to go really bad. We went up there and sat there all night, like had even had a little campfire going, and just sat there and talked all night and not had anything happen, not a sound.
Speaker 1: Oh at the original spot, the original spot weird, Okay. I was like, maybe it's a thing where they just really want you not to ever be in that spot and they're like, let's get them out. But that, Yeah, that doesn't make sense. Huh.
Speaker 2: You want to know some creepier Jeremiah, Yeah, is that spot when we first found that spot. It wasn't the very first day of it when I was like always scout around my camps and I always go into the brush and in the trees and just kind of know what's around my you know, my surroundings. There is like where that hit it drops off from the road and goes down to that flat. There's like seven or eight or nine dog collars around trees that the trees are literally growing around these collars like it's a dog burial ground or so. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: With anything or not, but the collar was put around the tree by something.
Speaker 2: Yes, And the names of the dogs. I have pictures of them, the names of the dogs on the called the tag, like the name tags, and they're like leather and like that webbing, like synthetic webbing. Collars and the trees are literally starting to grow around them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, that's not cool. I would be like that, that would that would freak me out the most, probably seeing like that's just that's that's weird. That's a new level. Man. I don't know why, but it's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we felt the same way, like, well, are people It's just like somebody's favorite spot that they used to camp and they're bringing their you know, the memory of their dog being there or where the dogs killed there or did something else put them there or I yeah, it's creepy, it is creepy.
Speaker 1: It will be really interesting. I just have a feeling there's gonna be people that have also had things happen in this same area, and they'll go hopefully be leaving stuff in the comments. If not, they can always send me an email. But uh, yeah, dude, this is this is some wild stuff. I mean, I remember I remember hearing a little bit about this from you before, but there's definitely you were able to share some more interesting details, uh tonight, And I'm just glad that we're able to chat again.
Speaker 2: Me too, Me too. It's been way too long, you know, coming and you know it's hard to spit it out here in Miam. But it sure it feels good every time you're able to just say it and get it off your chest. And I know some of it's really out there, and there's gonna be people like you know, okay, and that's fine that you know, we all got our own opinions and everything, and I'm not looking for anybody to give me any you know, like confirmation. I know what I experienced in what I've seen just to be able to tell you, and you know, I'm really a big fan of Jeremiah Byron and big Foot Society and everything, and it's been an honor just to be here and talking with you.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that well, David, I'm just I'm just glad you could come on the show again. It's always we've talked a few times. It's always a fun time when we talk. And we were saying before the show started, maybe you know, you might be able to make it out to Oakridge. If so, i'd you know, definitely be awesome to meet you in person there. But just yeah, thank you so much for coming on tonight. I appreciate it. And stay in touch, man, for sure, I will.
Speaker 2: And that's definitely my bucket list man to make it there and see that would be great. I'd be that would be one of the yeah pop bucket lists things that I could do. So and it's been great talk with you, Jeremiah, and you take care of Buddy and we look forward to hearing all your videos.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, just wanted to take a minute to say thank you truly for listening to this episode of the Bigfoot Society podcast. David's story isn't just one of the most intense encounters we've ever had in this show, it's one of the most unforgettable. From red orbs in the night to that roar deep in the Elliott State Forest, his experiences remind us how much of the unknown still lives in the woods and sometimes how close it can get. If you enjoyed this episode, please consider subscribing to us on YouTube, clicking the bell icon, and sharing this with someone who's into Bigfoot, the Unexplained, or just an incredible campfire tale. If you're listening on Spotify or Apple, follow the show and leave a review. Helps more people find these powerful stories, and if you or someone you know has had a bigfoot or strange forest encounter, especially in northern California or the Elliott State Forest. Please send me an email at Bigfoot Societ gmail dot com. I'd love to hear your story and don't forget. Sasquatch Summerfest is coming up July eleventh through the twelfth at Greenwaters Park in Oakridge, Oregon. Bigfoot Society listeners can get two day for the price of one day passes with discount code b FS at checkout Huge thanks to Priscilla and the team for making that happen. You can get your tickets at www dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com. Thanks again for being part of the Bigfoot Society. Until next time, keep your eyes open, trust your gut, and if something tells you to drink pickle juice, maybe listen to see you in the woods.