Speaker 1: For some people, family are the ones they can always rely on. However, that is not always the case for everybody. For some they live with tyrants, bullies, and monsters straight out of a nightmare. Today we talk about the murder of two young girls who had their life taken away by their own father because he didn't approve of their American lifestyle. This is the case of Yasir abdel Zayid and the Honor killings. My name's Ben, I'm Nicole, and you're listening to Wicked and Grim true crime podcast.
Speaker 2: The following podcast material intended for a mature audience listener discretion.
Speaker 1: Ad Is it just me? Or is it just warmer all around right now? For November?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, wasn't it like I think it was like thirteen degrees here Celsius, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Which is insane. And I saw a post from like we all know that one guy in I think it's New York dude with a sign. Oh yeah, I love he holds up the cardboard sign with just stuff. He had a post the other day and it was it should be colder right now. I agree though it seems like it should be.
Speaker 2: I generally like warmer temperature, so I'm kind of okay with it, but we're also in a stint right now where we need coldertures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like we're in northern British Columbia, Canada and it's well, we're over a week into November and it's raining right now. That's not normal.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's been some times though where we don't really get snow until even Christmas. Though.
Speaker 1: Yes, but we'll get cold snaps and it'll be cold for well and then it'll warm up for a few days and it'll melt, but not just consistently warm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think as a whole, the average temperature right now is just higher for whatever reason, it's a warm year. I think, at least a warm start to this or well end of the year.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I haven't really worn my winter cult much, so I guess that is saying something.
Speaker 1: It does say something. We also had a lot of you guys say something when you emailed and messaged us regarding your thoughts between Halloween and Christmas and the battle that happens. Line seems to be pretty drawn right down the middle. I'm being honest. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's it's some people have their stuff up, some people don't. Some people are waiting for Remembrance Day and stuff. So there's a little, a little sway in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it seems like it's like, I don't know, it's just everyone's just doing their own thing, which I like. And it seems like it's like a fifty to fifty. It's like, yeah, some do, some don't, and no one's really concerned with the other. No one understands the other, but no one's really concerned with the other side, you know, which is cool.
Speaker 2: I did order us a new Christmas decoration.
Speaker 1: Oh great, you're welcome. Ah, what is it?
Speaker 2: It's like this rustic little vintage like bell on him. It suits are decre like really well, it's like gold, these little bells, Like it's really pretty.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling I could have made it for way cheaper. Can't. Couldn't. I have gone to like a second hand before I found some bells, and it wasn't very expensive.
Speaker 2: But I will admit that the shipping was a bit more than I anticipated.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, fine, it sounds cool.
Speaker 2: But it was eighteen dollars. That's not a lot of money.
Speaker 1: I mean, depending on what item you purchased, what it looks like, how big it is, how the quality?
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see. But also like you have to consider time, right, your time, that's true, time is money.
Speaker 1: Anyways, we digress. We got a case and a half to get into today. This one caught my attention strictly by the title, and then when I dove into it, I was like, holy shit.
Speaker 2: So so we're in for a doozy.
Speaker 1: We are in for a doozy. And this is a two parter. Okay, so we're going to go into a lot of the family history before we go into the actual crime. And one of the cool things is there is a documentary released only a few days ago. I think it was like ten days ago now, where they actually interview the father of this family who committed the crime and some of the stuff he has to say on his thoughts on it. It's kind of wild, but we'll we'll definitely get into that more into part two. Okay, are you ready for this one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you going to do it?
Speaker 2: I was thinking we needed to thank patrons, but that's that's a Tuesday thing.
Speaker 1: That's a Tuesday I was waiting for that, but no, that's on Tuesday. We are not Tuesday right now, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, happy Friday. We can just dive right in.
Speaker 1: End of the week. Okay, let's dive right in. Like you say. So, I wrote a little intro specifically on my my perception on this case, so let me let me read my thoughts and intro. It was almost like a little diary entry that I want to lose my thought process at this time. Okay, So I recently crossed it came across a case that immediately piqued my interest. It stood out amongst all the other stories on my list to cover because not it's not your typical crime case. Yes, it involves murder. However, the story surrounding it is much different than anything you've covered before on this podcast. Up until now, it's been murdered for love, hatred, belief systems, and even the sheer thrill of it. But this case is regarding something called an honor killing, and we will get into what exactly that is with all the details. It is kind of along the belief system portion, but it's a fine fine line when you're talking about beliefs, and this is not really beliefs but kind of belief driven. At the same time, like is it okay?
Speaker 2: Am I able to say, like a sacrifice of sorts?
Speaker 1: No? No, definitely not no idea what we're covering. Well, let's get let's get into the actual story. But I couldn't find a whole lot of information regarding this individual, Yeseir Abdel said, But what I do know is that he was born in Sinhai, Egypt. He was the oldest of five children in his family, with his younger three brothers and younger one sister. Now, yes Sir had come to United States on a student visa in nineteen eighty three, but he wasn't the only member of his family now living in the States either. It seemed like all of his siblings did, and potentially his parents as well. So as far as how many had come to move to North America and how they all did not too certain, But regardless, Yesir was now living in Texas with at least some of his family, and they were all kind of working, at least some of them were working at this small convenience store next to some apartment buildings. And it was here that Yesir's younger brother Yasin, would meet a girl by the name of Patricia Owens who often went by the name of Tissy. I just love that fucking nip nickname.
Speaker 2: I actually did too.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard that right because they're talking Patricia. You're thinking like pat Patty, Patty as Trisha. Yeah, but Tissy, Yeah, that's different and I love it. Yeah yeah. Now, Tissy had several siblings, though the exact number varies in accounts between the reporting sources, but the sources often described her as having at least six or more siblings. Okay, now, she grew up in a fairly poor household. Their family didn't have a whole lot to say, at least to say the least, but they did their best. Now, one day, while at the convenience store next to their apartment, Tissy was introduced to Ya Scene as he was working his shift. Now, the two eventually started talking and came a little bit more, and they started dating when Tissy was only fourteen years old. Now it's fairly early on their relationship, and Ya Scene began mentioning the idea of marriage. The two were both young and close in age. I do want to mention that. So it seemed like puppy love talk sort of thing, although you've seen, however, was much more serious than puppy love. He even approached Tissy's dad and requisitioned the idea that he signed the guardian consent documentations on the marriage farms to make it all happen. Now, Tissy's dad agreed, He agreed, he said he would. However, the marriage would actually never come to fruition. The young couple broke up and went their separate ways within the year. Now, this wasn't the end of the family's relationship between each other though, as you see her would soon step in and get in dating Tissy instead of his younger brother. You see, at this time, Tissy was now fifteen years old, and you see her was much older at twenty nine years O.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, Okay, yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: Nearly double her age with a fourteen year gap and she's a minor.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I'm like at that age difference whatever, but at that age that ain't legal.
Speaker 1: No, And I do want to say one thing, and I am not one to really judge other cultures, but in this documentary I mentioned earlier you're seeing sorry you see her was talking about that gate age gap. That's one of the first things they really touch on. And it's a quick little question. He kind of just brushes onto the rug saying it's like, it's no big deal. Where I came from, it's pretty cool, Okay. So it's a common practice in his culture. Doesn't mean it's a correct practice or something that should be practiced, But to him, it's no big deal because that happens frequently. Apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the end, I mean, maybe things have changed over the years. Like I don't know, because you said this was like the eighties, so I don't necessarily know. I mean, it still would have been illegal in the eighties and in the United States, I'm assuming, but like they're living in the United States right now, so that isn't okay exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even if it is over in your own country and that is common, that still doesn't mean it's okay. There's people in other countries who stone other people to death, doesn't mean that's okay to say, yeah. Yeah, now, still the two you would get married. You see, her approached Tizzy's father much like his younger brother did, but this time he was met with hesitation, and for obvious reasons. The father you mean, yeah, you see her was with hesitations from the father. Oh okay, but year said he loved Tissy, and you could support her in their new life together. He pretty much like saying, I'm going to devote myself. I can take care of her all this sort of stuff. And as you may recall, Tissy's family was not very well off. So the idea of their daughter being able to have a new life where she's looked after, including financially and everything, it's all that. Honestly, this family was hoping for with their children, right, find a way out and you know, go out and find a life for themselves.
Speaker 2: Like that would be a big draw for the.
Speaker 1: Dad one hundred percent. Now the father was allegedly not so sure, but the mother was sold on the idea because of her daughter getting you know, getting away from it all that sort of thing. And so the mother and father kind of talked and she convinced him that yes, they would give the blessing for them to be married. Now you see a promise Tissy the world. And so in February of nineteen eighty seven, the two got married. Soon after the couple had tied the knot you see, her then went and got his green cart, his American citizenship and was no longer relying on the student visa. That he once had. But that's not the only thing that happens. Soon after the marriage, either around seven months or so into their marriage, things began to change with you seear it became more controlling over Tissy and he didn't want her to see her family members anymore because they were Americans and Americans aren't good.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. Yeah, so he kind of used them to get what he wanted and then for them to sign off or whatever, and then now wants to ditch them.
Speaker 1: Yeah kind of pretty much. Yeah, what it seems like. He reportedly became more and more abusive as well, things like kicking Tissy to wake her up, dumping things on the floor only to stand back and watch as he made her clean it up.
Speaker 2: Wow on an asshole?
Speaker 1: Yeah no, His actions revile. Basically put it short, his words that he talked and spewed were poison. As he told Tizzy he never should have married an American. Oh yeah, but despite their down, downhill relationship, Tizzy didn't know what else to do and continued the marriage to this man.
Speaker 2: Well she's quite young.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well. Also, shortly after they got married, Tizzy would become pregnant and she would give birth to their first child when she was only sixteen years old. They named their son Islam, and when he was born on March second, nineteen eighty eight, he was in the end. They would soon welcome two more children into the world, two more to May. First their daughter Amina, who was born in nineteen eighty eight when Tizzy was seventeen, and Sarah in nineteen ninety when she was eighteen. Though Tizzy now had three beautiful children in her life, she was left living a harsh reality due to her husband she was married to. He would bounce around between jobs, mostly driving taxi, but would often not work at all. But while all this was going on, you see, her had six different affairs with Tizzy that she was aware of, leaving her heart broken but still dedicated to her family.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, yeah this guy, yeah, youw.
Speaker 1: It seemed like Tizzy had married a monster. But this was only the tip of the iceberg. So you see, you see, had a history of violence before he came to the United States. He had apparently gotten into an argument with a coworker. And this information comes directly from Tizzy herself when she's talking in an interview. It left him extremely angry and looking for a way to take his anger out on this individual. So he sat out in his car and waited for the coworker to finish their shift. And when they did, they walked out from the workplace and you see her ran the man over, not once, but several times, killing him or what the man died and you see your father reportedly solved the incident by paying off the family of the deceased.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, oh wow, that is like that's a little bit extreme rage issues there.
Speaker 1: That Yeah, that's uh, that's next level. That's a lot. Yeah, that's not a simple like, hey, my name's Kyle. I punched a hole in the drywall, Like you know, that's that's rage. But this is this.
Speaker 2: Is uncontrollable because he actually sat there for some time in his vehicle, plotting probably what he was going to do, and waited and at no point changed his mind, right.
Speaker 1: Correct, He just when he took saw his moment, he took it, and then he took it again and then again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now this was only the beginning of what you see he was ultimately capable of. Though. There is a report that was submitted to Child Protective Services that by Tizzy regarding their two daughters. Now I've read some of these reports and they are graphic and it's extremely hard to get through, so I won't divulge the exact details of what it contains. But in nineteen ninety eight, Amina and Sarah, who were approximately eight and nine years old at the time, accused their father of sexual abuse and rape, which prompted an investigation by authorities.
Speaker 2: Oh geez okay.
Speaker 1: Initially, the report led to an investigation, and Tizzy supported the girl's claims and left Y see her for a time. However, she would later withdraw her support of the accusations and return to him when there was claims of the girls making it all up. There's a lot to go on with this, the girls making up the claims. The family talks about the girls being told by certain individuals, and it's seems like it's always changing because no one really knows. But there's thoughts that the girls were told to say that they were lying to take it all back to redact it most likely out of fear.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's not for.
Speaker 1: Sure, but it well. Ultimately, there was medical examinations and interviews that were done with both of the girls. The results were inconclusive and could not determine if an assault had or had not occurred.
Speaker 2: Hmm okay. Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, while this story does focus on well, you know, before I could carry on a little bit, I do want to touch on this a bit more. It's not stuff that I've written down, but it's because I have read these reports, and you have two young girls who their stories sound quite corroborated and are very descriptive and detailed on what occurred. To me, I don't think they're making this up. No, and I don't think that them saying, oh, yeah, you know what, we just made this up. I do think that that's most likely being redacted because they're being told to most likely out of fear. I fully believe that these two little girls were being assaulted by this man.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, because at that age too, do you even know, you know, would you be able to describe things to that extent, esaysially. Back then, I feel like.
Speaker 1: You don't have access to the internet sort of thing. Yeah, you can't quickly google things or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's terrible.
Speaker 1: So while this story does focus a lot on you see, he, it's not about him, though. It is about his two daughters who would ultimately suffer at the hands of this strict and disturbed father. Amina and Sarah were both vibrant, intelligent, and ambitious young women who aspired to live fulfilled lives beyond the confines of their strict household, despite the hardships that they face. Their friends and teachers described them as warm, talented, and strong spirits. Amina was confident, She was driven and academically talented as well. She excelled in her studies and had a particular interest in history and literature. She was also athletic, participating in taekwondo, and dreamed of going to college. Was protective of her younger sister Sarah, and despite the fear that she felt in home, remained determined to pursue her goals and maintain hope for a better life one day. Sarah was born in March twenty second, nineteen ninety. Well, I just realized I didn't have Amina's birthday in here.
Speaker 2: Well you had said it at one point though, Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: But Amina was born a year earlier. I believe it was actually a March as well, if I'm not mistaken. But anyways, Sarah was born March twenty second, nineteen ninety and was known for her kind, sweet and gentle demeanor. She was compassionate, always willing to support her friends, and she too excelled in school. Although quieter and more reserved than Amina, Sarah had a great sense of humor and a caring nature. She loved spending time with her friends and family, and wanted to pursue a life that reflected her own choices and aspirations. Now, even in their teenage years, the two sisters were very close and shared a strong bond together. They were each other's greatest allies as they navigated the difficult home life with their father looming over there every every move.
Speaker 2: Okay, as you're just kind of saying this as like processing too, because the father also, like you said earlier, cheated like six times or something right.
Speaker 1: Over the course of Tissies and his marriage. Yes, yeah, six affairs that Tizzy is aware of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's probably more, which kind of shows that he does, like have a problem, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, definitely. So the two girls did confide in their friends and some teachers about the abusive environment created by their father father, but they were very reserved about these conversations as well. They never told the whole truth and only revealed tiny portions of who their dad really was because they were well terrified of him and didn't want this to get back right, and so they were very strict and kept in line. So if they did say something, it was a very watered down version of it, to say the least.
Speaker 2: Hmm, that's so sad.
Speaker 1: That's so sad it is now. You see, he's ruling controlling behavior was partially rooted in his traditional beliefs about gender roles and family honor. After all, he did hail from Egypt, as I mentioned earlier, originally where life is for many is much different than we experience in Canada, so I could never understand truly what it was like for him to grow up. But as I also mentioned, it doesn't mean it's okay to perpetuate. But one of the most evident aspects of his control was his constant surveillance and monitoring of his daughters. Yese here would often drive them to and from school to oversee their movements and ensure they did not interact with people he disapproved of, sometimes even following them to confirm his compliance. This compliance or of his rulings.
Speaker 2: I'm having trouble like listening to this because I just despise him.
Speaker 1: You should, because yeah, yeah, he's kind of a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. So it's really sounding like that. I think this is probably just the tip of the iceberg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're we're only really getting just starting to get there, so buck up.
Speaker 2: A little little shy smile.
Speaker 1: But yeah. His this extended to strict restrictions on their social lives as well. For the girls, they were forbidden from participating in any typical teenager activity, such as parties or social events, or interacting with boys, and dating was especially prohibited extremely Any romantic relationship was considered a severe violation of his rules and a threat to the family's honor.
Speaker 2: Ohly, shit, that sure is interesting considering, Hey, you married his own wife at basically like such a young age, you know, and sued her and that was like normal and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yep, And then it's like, oh, you're in marriage and you're not going to honor your family by you know, sleeping around. Seems like you get to make up the rules for everyone else, they don't apply to you, so gross. The control that he wielded was not limited, though, to closely watching his daughters to and from school and their relationships with other friends and peers. It included emotional and physical abuse. He would berate and threaten Amana and Sarah to reinforce his dominance and ensure that they adhered to his expectations, creating this environment of constant fear and constant anxiety. If they stepped out of line or disobeyed, they were afraid of what might happen. And this isn't just with their father around. They could be at school in classroom and if they talked to a boy or something like that, they would fear that their dad would somehow know.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, hey, that's quite a way to grow up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yassir also imposed a strict dress code as well, reflecting his conservative type views, requiring the girls to dress modestly and behave accordingly to his standards, and as always, any deviation from these rules were met with harsh reprimands. Now, Sarah at one point got herself an after school job working in a convenience store resume, the same one that you see her and his siblings had worked at, which would make sense because while she worked there, her father began videotaping her at work and punished her for smiling too much at customers.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, yeah, holy shit.
Speaker 1: There's also reports that you see her even intended to arrange marriages for his daughters, even actually flying them to Egypt and introducing one of his daughters to one of you see he's friends, and she's just like, no, we're not.
Speaker 2: Doing this, okay. So he wanted so it wasn't like that he was against the marring or whatever that he wanted to be the one to decide who when, and all the stuff exactly.
Speaker 1: Now, most of this information is coming from family, and it's not something we could ever fully understand, since we're obviously not the ones there in their shoes to fully experience what they're enduring. However, we have been given a rare insight into some someone like you sear see, he had an obsession with video rec courting everything under the guise of you know, family documentation like family home videos, but he was constantly doing it. Which as you watch these videos, there there's moments like they seem normal as you're watching them, like it's a family interaction, even the daughters and stuff. They're laughing and stuff like dad turn off the camera haha, whatever, right, But there's moments within this footage that shows a small look of what it was like living with him. They had this underlying tone of surveillance, surveillance almost and possessiveness. He would frequently capture Amina and Sarah without warning, sometimes filming them in their home or public spaces, and like some of the stuff he's saying, it's showing that, it's revealing his suspicious nature of what his girls are up to, or his jealous nature even potentially if you want to say it this way. But worst of all, there's moments where you see her would comment on the girls themselves. He'd be recording his teenage daughters in their daily lives, and there's comments that he's saying on these recordings, out their bodies, their cute legs, commenting on their eyes. There's moments when he zooms in on their feets and their butts. Hmmm, I just realize he had feats its feet.
Speaker 2: But I know I was gonna say something, but I was like, oh, slet it be.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's honestly one of the creepiest fucking things I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Well see, Okay, Like sometimes I feel I don't know because if you're like the parent though, like you kind of like made this kid right and you you still think they're like little and cute.
Speaker 1: I gotcha, I gotcha.
Speaker 2: But it's it's crossing a line.
Speaker 1: It's when you watch it, it's different. You instantly you can tell the difference that this is not like, oh, you got cute little eyes or whatever. No, it's like there's there's an underlying fucking tone here, especially when you watch all the things he's saying, and it's like, yeah, it just I can't describe it. Okay, you just fucking know, you know this isn't right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now. Despite their circumstances, though, the sisters remain hopeful for their future and worked hard in school and visioning their futures filled with freedom away from this man, this monster. But still it was a life of constant fear and secrecy under the strict control and watch of their father. Now, one day, during taekwondo classes, Amina met a boy named Joseph Moreno. They became friends quickly, until one day when Amina asked Joseph for his cell phone number. From there, they began texting and they developed, you know, a little bit of relationship into something more. One day, though, when you see her was out of the country, Amina felt a rare sense of safety, you know, that her guard being dropped, and she took the chance to see Joseph even though she couldn't shake the feeling that her father might somehow still be watching her, even though he was out of the fucking country. She had an irrational fear that he was somehow watching her with a pair of fucking binoculars.
Speaker 2: Hm. That is just so uncomfortable way of living.
Speaker 1: Hey, Yeah, Now, Mina was so cautious with her relationship with Joseph that she actually had a strict rule herself with Joseph to keep them safe. She told him not to call or text if he ever got a certain code word from her. So she's setting up a code word like and you you fucking don't talk nothing, yeah, silence, okay, Yeah, because she's basically like, she's afraid that her dad might check her phone or find out. And her fears were actually they weren't misplaced, because eventually, you see, he found a note that Amina had written to Joseph. When confronted about it, she was terrified and immediately lied. She said that it was part of an imaginary relationship she had in her head, like she was dreaming of meeting mister wright sort of thing, you know, like all prince charming, you know, just dreaming of the day get married, like that sort of situation. But you see, her didn't buy it. He kept digging, convinced she was hiding something, and he confronted her about the boy several times, shouting accusations and beating her. But Amina never gave up Joseph's name. The thought that you see her might hurt Joseph gave her the will to protect him at any car.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's your heart fucking broken yet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, it's just shattering. Like every sentence you read.
Speaker 1: I know, right, it gets like worse and worse, I swear hm. So eventually things took a turn for the worse when you see her suddenly move the family to a new house in Louisville. Now this is still within Texas. It's about twenty miles from where they've been living.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: It was a clear attempt to separate Emina from whoever this boy was that you know, he's trying to find out, but she's not giving up the name, and he's trying to basically just continue to control her life since he couldn't find out the relationship He's like, fine, fuck you, we're just moving.
Speaker 2: I'm breaking that relationships, uprooting the whole family.
Speaker 1: Yeah. For Emina, this was the last straw. She started making plans to run away with Joseph and get married in Las Vegas, picturing a life far from this control over this tyrant of a father.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure it also affected Joseph too, right, Like, oh definitely, I'm sure he was so worried about her, one hundred percent. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, Joseph was fully on board and fully committed to this. He even dropped out of high school so he could go get a job, work and save money to help fund their escape to go start a new life. I Meana knew the risks that they were taking, and Joseph by now was fully aware of what you see her was capable of as well, because when they first started dating, just like she would be telling friends, Amina and Sarah be telling friends just that tip of the iceberg, that water down version of some things. Right by now, I'm sure he was fully aware of all of it, and he wasn't getting the water down story. I mean it even confided in him that you see her regularly threatened to kill her, and she fully believed that he was serious.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, okay, jeez, yeah, take.
Speaker 1: That in case.
Speaker 2: I know, it's just so hard to even know what to say because it's so I don't know, it's so unbelievable. Really, it's hard to, you know, even believe that someone's was doing this to their own kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's kind of wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, in late December of two thousand and seven, after Christmas, Tissy made a desperate attempt to break free from Yasser's control. Together with her two daughters, they all fled to Tulsa, Oklahoma, trying to seek refuge with relatives of Amina's boyfriend. So this is before they could actually have their plan put into place to go run off to Vegas. You know, this is occurring before, prior to yeah, before it could ever happen. Now, for a brief moment, it seemed like they might finally be safe from this man's grip of fucking horror. I don't know how else to describe it, honestly, and Tissy had managed to get them away from this presence and it was like a fresh start finally. However, the days went by, Tissy's resolve started to waiver. Y see her. Bombarded her phone with calls, some made by him, some may by others, extended family members whatever. They were just trying to wear her down, come back like all these sort of things. Where are you? She was? It was relentless. They would not leave her alone, so she initially ignored them. The pressure built until Tissy finally gave in on December thirty. First, she told her daughters they needed to make a stop in East Texas, claiming it was to visit her mother's grave on the anniversary of her death, but the story was made up. She actually intended to return with their daughters to Yasir Oh.
Speaker 2: No, hey, they completely wore her down yeap.
Speaker 1: When Tissy broke the news of where they're actually going to be going, Sarah, who always leaned on her mother's guidance, reluctantly agreed to go back. But Amina, however, was adamant that she would not return to her father's house, you know, fearful of what going back would actually mean, So she hit at that friend's home, hoping to stay there. But Patricia was determined to reunite the family, and she drove to this friend's house and banged them the door until she was let inside. An argument erupted as Tizzy insisted that Amina return with her. Inspite Amina's protest and refusal to go, Tizzy stood her ground, repeating that you see her had forgiven her and wanted them all home.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure that's probably what he had said, exactly right, but it's not true.
Speaker 1: No, it's definitely not it's forgiven. I'm sorry he's playing that card, he's playing them.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he just totally broke her down, basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all in all, he broke Tizzy down. Sarah was going along with whatever Tissy was doing because she trusted her mother.
Speaker 2: When she was the younger one, right, she was the younger.
Speaker 1: One by a year, And you know what, the pressure from Tizzy eventually left Amina with little choice and she decided, fine, she'll go back as well.
Speaker 2: Well, I remember too, at one point you said she liked to protect her sister, right, so that would probably like weigh on her heavily as well, most likely.
Speaker 1: And it's not like your mom is terrible or anything. She's probably wanted to protect your mum and all three years together that they're probably the safest, right, What would happen to them if they returned without her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh dang.
Speaker 1: So the decision to return the family together and be back with you sere would ultimately prove very tragic, as the next day, on January first, two thousand and eight, Amina and Sarah would find themselves at the mercy of their father's wrath as he snapped. And that's the end of part one.
Speaker 2: Of course, it is, of course it is, of course it is.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be talking the actual crime itself. Well, I mean, there's a lot of crimes that already occurred, don't get me wrong, but the yeah, the murder of Amina and Sarah. We'll be talking about that in part two.
Speaker 2: Okay. And they had a brother, right, they did, Okay, but like the dad or whatever just wasn't really concerned about the brother.
Speaker 1: There's pretty much nothing about him in this story really. I mean, there is a little bit later on which I'll touch on, but as far as how this all unfolded with him, I have no clue.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, i mean I'm sure that the father treated him differently, like on the gender basis.
Speaker 1: He definitely did, one hundred percent, that is a fact.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gosh, I just hate that. I know was the brother the old was rather oldest.
Speaker 1: He was the oldest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's what I figured.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're all like separated by just.
Speaker 2: Like a year or whatever. Yeah, yeah, okay, Well, I mean the silver lining is that we don't have to wait as long as usual.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we can say that anymore.
Speaker 2: Can we? I think we still can. I'm saying it.
Speaker 1: You're saying it.
Speaker 2: You only have to wait like what a few days Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and then Tuesday it's out. So that's not bad.
Speaker 1: We can do that, can we?
Speaker 2: We can do that?
Speaker 1: Can you? Are you going to be asking me questions as soon as the mics are off? Probably I'm not answering. Okay, Well, we will talk to you guys then and we will finish up this story. Sorry, trust me, it gets I don't know how to describe it.
Speaker 2: I think the story all messed up.
Speaker 1: The story sucks. It really sucks. Okay hmm, So yeah, well we'll see it on Tuesday. For the remainder of this if you want to check out any of our social links or any of our information, it's all in the description of this podcast. We are an indie podcast. Produced by myself and my wife Nicole. Right here, it's us. We do all the work and there's no one else but us because we are that awesome. Yeah, so all the support means the world to us. Thank you so much, and we'll talk to you on Tuesday, but until then, Until then, stay wicked.