Speaker 1: All right with with Evan with our show, You're gonna ruling it be, except with some sweet pursuing.
Speaker 2: It handled out shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at?
Speaker 1: Think Eagle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 3: Three o'clock on the dock.
Speaker 2: Got a habit for my house, a go status Howard starting to get cratic, shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit tun then sont out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 4: I wonna hang out with a friends, rocking it on the radio my home.
Speaker 3: More talking on the radio. It's time turn to this falls all three stream up and.
Speaker 1: All up on our radio.
Speaker 4: Yes, Happy Monday, everybody. It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine. We've got an action packed presentation. We're gonna take you all the way till six o'clock. It's gonna be a fun ride. I guarantee it. Man lots to get into today. But before we move forward, we should probably think Athletico Dallas for having us out to Garland on Friday. What an awesome remote we had out there with those guys, just an absolute blast and I had to leave right after the show. You guys stuck around for a little while. What were the vibes like in downtown Garland. I was blown away. I mean I was legitimately blown away. Not that I have a lot of experience with this, but I can't imagine there's too many whether it's Double A Baseball or USL soccer or G League teams in the NBA or whatever, that have ever launched a franchise like this. They had a concert and the downtown area was packed and you could bounce around from all the stores. And then when it was time to make the announcement, they had a pariah that came from behind Fortunate Son and there was I don't know, what do you think, Katie, about one hundred and fifty people in that parade and maybe more.
Speaker 5: I've always struggled a how to count how many people might be at a place. Yeah, I would be lying, it could be it could have been one hundred or five hundred. I'm not good at that. Yeah, but it's packed. And I'm just talking about the actual parade.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, And they came parading around the square carrying the Athletico Dallas flags.
Speaker 3: They marched through the crowd.
Speaker 4: They were shooting flares up in the air and then they got up on stage and they made the announcement and they showed a video and man, I was blown away. Congratulations to Athletico Dallas and thank you for having us out there for that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: The logo they debuted is really cool looking to a snake and a wolf, right, Yeah, it is a wolf and a snake. I've never seen that to where it's two things instead of just one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that was bad means well, yeah.
Speaker 4: They broke it down in the video and they were just talking about how they were worthy adversaries and they represent the battle.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 5: Wolf Snake sounds like a band that totally you guys going to Wolf Snake tonight, yeah, or snick Wolf I guess works. No, Snake Wolf sucks. I'm a Wolfsnake guy. Prey came through though, like I was in the way, like.
Speaker 3: Get out of the way.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 5: They come as a marching band coming through there. It was badass and everyone fought the weather a little bit too. Everyone thinks everyone who came out and saw us on Friday too, because it was rainy and nasty and the rain kind of kept hanging around a little bit more and it was pretty lit. But we told you people have been sleeping. I've been saying this since like twenty fifteen. People have been sleeping on Garland for a while. Now, Downtown Garland is dope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got a fun mayor. You know he got to see fun mayor. He went on the stand up.
Speaker 3: Yeah he does bits. Was he funny dude?
Speaker 5: He was doing some bit on the corner kick And I just was like, what I don't see.
Speaker 4: I don't think Kevin was pushing downtown Garland in twenty fifteen. I would have got I think he was more of like a twenty nineteen at at the earliest.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I just remember he was bringing a lot of toilets in the lawn on jokes and stuff like that. I'm like, man, you've been pooping on Garland. Me and you have had Garland's bag forever since goes so far back. Being Richardson guys, Richardson and Garland. Richardson and Garland is like the wolf and the snake. Yeah exactly, you know what I'm saying. That's what it represents. It represents the Jupiter Road right there on that line. So Garland is our big rival. Being Richardson boys, what about for you guys, for your small country towns, you're only who's your wolf and snake?
Speaker 3: For only holiday it was ours Holliday, forty jack rabbits were ours.
Speaker 4: The horny jack rabbit. Horny jack rab rabbit in general is already horny. It's just pumping all the time. And she's talking about horny jack rabbits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, horny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she keeps saying horny in a little jack rabbit named Kate out there in Forny.
Speaker 3: Why she keep saying horny? Like, why do you say it like that? Because it's Monday. Excuse the name of the day of the week is an excuse for Broadcastle's.
Speaker 4: I think in every small town the real adversary of the community is dancing and alcohol. You know what I'm saying, because the Lord is against both of those things.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, this is so interesting that you bring this up, because I went and saw Centers Okay over the weekend, and it ties into that, and I du there was something about the buzz around this movie is off the charts. If you go to Rotten Tomatoes, the fans score and the critics score are both As of Saturday, it was like ninety seven and ninety eight wow percentile.
Speaker 3: So it's getting a lot of love.
Speaker 4: And I saw I was, I saw some big promotion by Tom Cruise to go see it, and I'm like, why he's not involved in the movie. Why is he promoting this? Why does he care? But he gave this big glowing thing. He was like, hey man, this movie's really good. Stick around even through the credits to the very end. And so when that I went with my son and we're in the theater watching it, and I loved it. I thought it was incredible and every single person sat through there, and I'm like, is this Tom Cruise effect?
Speaker 3: Had the word gotten out that it was like that? Okay? Now did he say that in his thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, he said stick around through the credits.
Speaker 4: Now, before the movie air there was a big Mission Impossible promo and he wants everyone to come see that in the theater. So maybe this is like, I don't know, the Triple Dipper coming to the table before Mission Impossible. He's like, hey, man, enjoy the Southwestern egg rolls.
Speaker 3: I could be.
Speaker 4: And also he's smart because he's like, what seventy eight years old? Now he looks good though he knows he's like, Okay, what are all the young people rushing out to see? I'll attach myself to that smart very similar. This is the whole reason we have Kat and Christina on our Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: We're dying to get kids back in the theater though, and that's what this movie is doing.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: My kids went and saw it.
Speaker 5: I had no interest in this movie because I'd seen the trailer so many times. Man, We're going to see it tonight just because the buzz and people when word gets out the thing is awesome. Yeah, then you're like, Okay, I need to go see it. So we're going tonight. And I'm not going to spoil any part of it because I know you're gonna go see it. But it ties into religion and it and it goes back to Jim Crow and the raceist South, and then Christianity versus blues music and voodoo and all all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Man, it is fascinating.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: It is a movie that has about a gazillion Easter eggs in it go pretty deep. I'll probably go see it at some point. It's something that looks like I'd want to see. And they actually cared about the filmography and everything, and they use all these different cameras to shoot it, and it's definitely worth seeing in a big theater.
Speaker 3: So that's it.
Speaker 4: Because when you when it first came out, people were talking about centers. I definitely thought it was going to be about like Chamberlain and Jabbar and Travis Frederick and the pouncy brother that plays center and.
Speaker 3: That is what's his name, Marquis Piece and marsh Mari's.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, it's interesting you brought that up because I think that that ties into a brand new segment we are gonna do next, called thing skin is tracking, and I have some very predictable yet shocking financial news from the world of movies, and we'll do that next right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle