Speaker 1: Upside down boy. Boy turned me inside out and round around. Upside down boy turned me inside out and round around.
Speaker 2: Instinctively, you give me the love that I need. I cherish the moments with you.
Speaker 3: Respectfully.
Speaker 2: I said to THEE, I'm aware that your chie did wa ha ha.
Speaker 3: Ha ha boom boom boom boom. Take it.
Speaker 4: Ha ha ha oh ha ha ha oh ha ha whoa ha ha ha ha ha oh ha ha or ha ha ha oh ha ha oh ha ha oh ha ha ha oh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha oh ha ha ha ha ha ha oh ha ha ha ha ha oh ha.
Speaker 5: Well ha ha. That's a nasty as a baseline, it is.
Speaker 3: And you know I love you know.
Speaker 1: Rogers, that announced Rogers.
Speaker 3: Let's see, that's a good question.
Speaker 5: You know, I've been obsessed with Niles Rogers this past week.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me see.
Speaker 5: Who I just learned that he was. He started the Black Panther chapter where he.
Speaker 3: Was uh huh now Rogers and Bernard Edwards.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, yes, tragic tragic death in Japan.
Speaker 3: AnyWho, You've seen that video of Diana Ross doing quotes African dance back in the.
Speaker 5: Seventies, Yes, I did actually yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, playing do you hear me? Clowning is what that was?
Speaker 1: Well, before we get there, Before we get there, everybody, welcome back to the blackest show about nothing, and we have to have.
Speaker 5: An honest conversation about dad do.
Speaker 1: I just don't know.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm not prepared for that. You didn't tell me that was happening. I got so many thoughts and I don't know if it will come ab out right, same.
Speaker 1: Same, same, I have.
Speaker 5: I have a list that's something I need right there.
Speaker 3: My luscious massacre prodor like I.
Speaker 5: Lie, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I get you. Maybe one day we'll have a deep don't discussion.
Speaker 3: No, you know, it's so like I with Tracy. It'll be like, you know, I don't really want to go into your mother like that. Yeah, you know, I just and I know we never go get the doc all okay, we never gonna get the doc, not even on a Tina Turner tip. So you know, I just feel so many ways. I have a question for you. Okay, what do you call white elders ghosts? I thought that was okay.
Speaker 1: No, honestly, mummification. I don't know why do you ask like you they're all named like Carol or Bob or like a Dick.
Speaker 3: I think we just call him Carol or Bob.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Like I don't know, right, I don't. I don't know too many old white people out like like.
Speaker 3: In the wild. Yeah, but in a while.
Speaker 5: Like celebrities. Sure, but like I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just meant, you know, like on the street. But I just yeah, yeah, I just thought.
Speaker 1: About like a like a a.
Speaker 3: Bob maybe elderly, but but but black people are elders to me. You feel you feel me?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I feel you.
Speaker 3: You know my Latin elders, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because that's when you end up calling them like auntie or uncle or and.
Speaker 5: I'm just grandpa, that kind of that.
Speaker 3: I told you about the racked bombs and how they wanted us to call them mister and missus, and I said, I'm not calling you South African people mister and missus, like I'm not. I'm not calling you Afrikaans with three k's, which, by the way.
Speaker 1: Something with three k's.
Speaker 3: My grandfather, my grandfather, is obsessed with Africans with three k's. He thinks that it's the greatest thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: All the demo. How was your week?
Speaker 3: Oh it was it was decent. Uh, Noah, we you know, it was a holiday which I forgot, and so we went thrifting. We at that stage it was fun. We went shopping. We did we went thrifting and and then too you know, hardware store to go pick up some things and then to dinner. Uh, and that was nice. We did that as a family. But then like me and Noah had our like shopping time together which was really nice. What else, you know, my classes are going very well with the girls. Uh, they are recording their podcast now, so I can't wait to share that with you all. Middle school girl they're such just so cute. They're like eleven you know that. I got my two fourteen year olds, which you know different, they're cute too, but the eleven year olds just like, can I put ASMR? And I'm like yeah, yeah, but we got to talk about something first. So so that's been cute. To what else happened this week? Oh, let me tell you a funny story about some kids. So some some some ten year olds actually, so you know, they were meeting with their meeting with their counselor and so one of the kids was like they were trying to roast the other kids. So they was like, like, what do you do like when you're sad or whatever? And she's I go to my room and listen to my Tailor Swift CDs. And the other kid goes, what is this nineteen ninety nine? Yeah, first of all, offensive, and this little girl goes, music sounds better on CDs, And me and my friend were cackling because we were like, not this, it sounds better are on vinyl. Ass conversation at this stage of life. While you're not incorrect, young lady, music does sound better on CDs or any modality outside of a lot of these streaming platforms that dull the quality. I just thought that was so endearing, fascinating, offensive all at one time.
Speaker 1: Yes, because not only is that, you know, insightful coming from out of the mouths of base, but also damn right, I know God, because I'm sure some little, some little Gerald and or Justine had the same statement about a.
Speaker 3: Trax exactly, it just sounds better on a track.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that cassette tape is. A track is wor track?
Speaker 3: And then again vinyl you know what I now.
Speaker 5: Now Nigga's rent music for twenty bucks a month. Oh, you're now subscriptions?
Speaker 1: We do? Is?
Speaker 3: We rent everything? They don't want us to own anything. No, they said, where do you get CD? She goes, I buy them like girls. I was like, shout out to this ten year old. Okay, that's how I feel. Deeper. How was your week? What what you got going on?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You ever have weeks where you're just like, I don't know what happened? I I don't. Oh, I went to the doctor because I did a whole bunch of adult things. Yes's what happened. So I think on one of the programs I've talked about getting.
Speaker 3: Stuff from my bed ye bored situation.
Speaker 5: Yes that I have.
Speaker 1: Since then, I have gotten eye insurance because I thought I had insured eye insurance but I did not.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, very good.
Speaker 1: Apparently I signed up for two company, So now I have two eye insurances because I can't cancel them. So they're only nineteen ninety nine am onth each, so I'm just like, okay, I'm just gonna have to eat one of them. But apparently it's good to have two insurances.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, but we should not have to do that.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, no, no no, but it's fine whatever. I can't cancel. I have two insurances.
Speaker 3: Pepper makes a caramelbrioche. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Speaking of groceries, I'm gonna get to that in a second. Remind me of the Kinders of the Kinder people. Oh yes, and so I so yeah. I went to the doctor and sat with a nutritionist named Kelly. Yes, Kelly got out my fucking nerve.
Speaker 3: Oh did I name new kids? Kelly?
Speaker 5: She was. She was younger than me, So I don't know how Kelly.
Speaker 3: I wonder when Kelly.
Speaker 5: I think Kelly might want of it.
Speaker 1: But you know, they they've changed the names now. She was she was Kelly the traditional spelling, but you know they can. They switched things with the E I g.
Speaker 3: H kay Lee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know things changed so it could be like Kelly that was the.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: But you know that's also maga adjacent. They like that kind of live laugh love people love a E I g h. You know what I'm saying, Like this is my kitchen, you know with the fork in the spoon?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or Lynn, yeah like that. Yeah, I told you love loves the slogan I know, but she's the black lady of a particular age to.
Speaker 1: The way my grandmother had a whole bunch of clowns about speaking of So, me and my mother had a conversation, and this is the most frank I don't think my mother, my mother has ever been with me in my forty years of living. And you know, we were talking about real grown shit, right, like equity and like having to repair the house and stuff because she wants to live.
Speaker 5: And move and live in the bay.
Speaker 1: And I was talking about like, okay, well, you know about furniture, like what do you want to do with all this stuff? Because next month I'm going up there to get rid of a lot of my grandmother's stuff.
Speaker 5: It's been four years and it's time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I could tell my mother is moving through the greeting process because she goes, I don't want none of them scary looking things in my house. That's the truth comes up. I thought we was all just pretending like the ship was scary, because said because listen, all my life, we all pretended like my grandmother's things with clowns was endearing.
Speaker 5: We chose to find a charming.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. So I'm glad that the truth is coming out and I wasn't being gasoled all my whole fucking life because I said that ship were fucking weird.
Speaker 3: I told you that's how I felt. My grandmother wired her My grandmother pet might be me who passed away, she was. She wired her bathroom light so that when you turned the light away, the music place. So literally turned on the light and to be like, take my brother away. I'm dead. I want to tell yours.
Speaker 6: Ship.
Speaker 3: I'm so sirs. I could call my papa right now and be like, Papa, how did you all wire the light to They wired the lesson when you turned the light or music, It was like, you know, easy listening.
Speaker 1: That's so funny to come so that people don't hear you use the rest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I didn't even think about that as a child, But yeah, it's actually probably so because she's up that like we don't poop era, like we don't go to the bathroom defecate, you know that kind of ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's so funny. Today I was talking about how I think all Carlya's music sounds like you would hear it at a serious women's bathroom.
Speaker 5: That one with the one with the couches in it. Yeah, like you know, the women's last.
Speaker 3: I think this song is about you don't shoulders yeah, high shoulders, high shoulder.
Speaker 1: I think that was it for my week. I didn't I leave my house for a whole week. That was crazy.
Speaker 5: And because it's not because I.
Speaker 1: Didn't, I kind of like, you know, when you get caught up and things like oh should I have not?
Speaker 3: Especially we're easy, like we I can look up and be like, damn, it's been four days like today because I have to.
Speaker 1: I was just like, well, damn, it's not like I'm depressed or anything. It's just like I just haven't had the need to go outside. Yeah, outside pisces me off most of the time anyway.
Speaker 3: But I realized what I learned, I am actually an introvert.
Speaker 1: This is news to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you you I would have thought I would, you know, I would have been an extrovert in the ways that you know I can function. Okay, Well I can tell.
Speaker 1: Because when I first mentioned you didn't talk to nobody. He was in the corner.
Speaker 3: You was like, I like to watch and see what's going on. First, I need to peep niggas and how they move in, you know. I thought that also when I first met you, it was like it was like a gaggle of nephilo, you know what I mean. Like I walk in and I was like, why are there nine tall niggas here? Like everybody's tall, the men, the women, everybody. Not everybody is tall? Year, what's up with this? And it just felt unnatural, you know what I mean. So I was like, I'm surrounded by a bunch of tall niggas. I got it. I got it, And I don't know you niggas like that, let me look and see what's going on first.
Speaker 1: That's fair, But you're normally in the cut type of person first anyway, Like most introverts would.
Speaker 3: Be okay, well all right, well.
Speaker 1: You're not type. I'm also not friends with a lot of extroverted people because because they and it's not because not by like I hate extroverted people, Like that's not a thing. It's more like, you know people who are truly extrovert. For example, when I met Durand in person for the first time, like fifteen years ago, I had to take a nap in the middle, like we was hanging out, and I was like, oh, I'm sleepy like I like, because he is so much in a good way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is just like this is a lot for your gal.
Speaker 3: And I wouldn't even call Durand probably an extrovert. I think he has a dynamic personality, but he gives me he needs his recharge time like he does. Because introvert doesn't mean you don't do well in social settings. It just means that.
Speaker 1: I always think about I operate in the fact of like introverts tend to think before they act. And not to say that people think that's a pejorative thing, but that's not always the case.
Speaker 3: No, because some people are more reactive, yes, and that like you said, that's not a slight all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's more of like introverts tend to be more reflective than reactive, as opposed to the opposite with the other.
Speaker 3: I feel like we talked about that too, Like, oh no, I was talking about aries because one thing I like about aries, but they get pinned bad on them is the fact that like they don't have a big filter on, you know, which is very similar to virgos as well. But it's not really but it's not always malicious. It's more just like observation and then everybody can't you know, handle that all the time.
Speaker 5: So well, yeah, because people are very sensitive.
Speaker 3: Well I don't want to I don't want to go down the you know, the nineties comedian route, but I but yeah, So anyway, speaking of people being too sensitive, you know, the Internet got you niggas fucked up. And I know we all know that, right, like we're very sure of that at this point. But I don't know if you've seen T. S. Madison having to clap back at some of these heifers.
Speaker 1: She does every day, so I don't really know.
Speaker 3: Which that's fair. Well, you know, I don't catch it all the time. So I've been catching one particular lady who has been getting the heat from her because that lady came out her neck wrong and apparently has been bullying her body. It's a big lady who it's a big lady who works out who from the breakfast club. Oh no, not her, Oh yeah, I've seen that, and she gotta also like stay in your lane, girl. No, it's a it's a big lady who be working out on camera or something. I don't know who this lady is, but she's been coming out of her neck. And now you know, t S is letting the chopper spray, and she's getting a lot of a lot of flak for that. She's getting a lot of support too. And I was looking at it. I was like, how come people can't just leave people to fuck alone? Why you make me come out? Why I gotta come out of myself like this and and literally at you because you just can't mind your fucking business.
Speaker 5: Right, I'm sure Maddie was minding her own fucking business.
Speaker 1: Don't even know she.
Speaker 3: Like she don't. She don't instigate ship with people. It's very much like a but I'll finish this ship. That ain't no problem. You know, that's my type of time. I'll never be uncomfortable in a space, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: You gonna be uncomfortable before I'm gonna be uncomfortable. But like, why don't what's wrong with y'all? Why don't y'all just leave people to fuck alone?
Speaker 5: People like to test people, People like to people like to try people. I always said, like.
Speaker 1: When I got on the internet and be can't like had a following, people just come at me crazily, not because they wanted anything or even truly believed anything because they wanted to see why I had the popularity that I had on the internet. Right, whenever you get close to over a thousand followers or even over five thousand, that's when niggas try to talk to you crazy to see why is this person dk famous or why is this person well known? Its rooted in some weird like jealousy shit or weird like you know how people are. People are more invested in your social death than your come up in. So like people are always in this this space of like, yes, take them down, take them down, because that's bad.
Speaker 3: Weird guys, that's bad weird, Like that's like, don't be like there's no need to be like that. We could all just exist, you know what I mean, Like we could all just exist in our business and you know, get into like the good business of people. You know what I'm saying, See what they working on, what they're doing, what they're about. But I guess you know that's just asking too much.
Speaker 1: Society doesn't allow us to mind our own business.
Speaker 3: It doesn't.
Speaker 5: Religious doesn't allow Religion doesn't allow us.
Speaker 3: To lady's business, right.
Speaker 1: Religion doesn't even allow us to mind our own business. Human nature is rooted for the most part in other bitches business. And you know it's up to us to unlearn right and to and it starts to navigate better.
Speaker 3: You said human nature. So did you know Human Nature was written by one of the one of the white men from Toto.
Speaker 7: Design, Michael Jackson's Human Nature Toto I saw the rains down in Africa.
Speaker 3: So you know, how how sure.
Speaker 1: He had he Michael had a bunch of random niggas in his uh but employ So.
Speaker 3: How it came about was the man from Toto was hanging out with his daughter for a little bit before he went to the studio, and so you know, they go to the park and a little boy, you know, pushes her or whatever the case, I think, off the slide or something like that. So he pushes her and she's like, Daddy, like why did he push me? Why? Why? And so he was like, oh, you know, because people, you know, that's just kind of like humans like people. And I guess he did his little explanation. And he goes later to the studio and he's just like did it diddling around or whatever on the on the on the computer, on the piano and and all he kept singing, was why why telling him that it's human and he just kept singing. So then Quincy heard it, and Quincy was like, I like that, what's up with that? And that's how it grew into the song got legs and all of those kind of things, and then Michael added a little bit of touch on it, and that's how we got one of the greatest Michael Jackson's songs.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Top ten, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Top ten.
Speaker 5: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a little, just a little Strais and Africa. I'll take a lot to get away from you anyway, space and bills.
Speaker 1: It's time to get into some music. M hmm. We'll make it quick. Thanks for listening every week. We're entering our tenth year next week.
Speaker 3: Oh that's exciting.
Speaker 1: So this is fully, fully a great time for us and hopefully for you too, So tell people to listen to us and also see us on the Patreon.
Speaker 5: We have a very good time.
Speaker 1: I'm there.
Speaker 5: We're watching a whole bunch of ship this week.
Speaker 1: We have doctor John Paul of Us and a whole bunch of other things submitted by you all joined us on YouTube, joined us on discord, and we'll take a break and We'll be back with more Jada XD hit It Claude.
Speaker 8: After these messages, will be right back.
Speaker 9: I do cocaine so I can work longer, so I can earn more, so I can do more. So I can work longer so I can earn more, so I can do more. Cokey, so I can work longer so I can earn more, so I can do more.
Speaker 1: And we're black today. We are dedicating this episode two. Normally we wouldn't ever do this, but dedicated to a certain genre music. Yeah, yeah, Now this could be interpreted as by consuming such.
Speaker 3: Or influenced by, or energetically.
Speaker 1: Energetically or or just yeah or just about Yeah, we're talking about cocainea guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, drug us. Get out of here doing what you're doing here.
Speaker 5: It's called cocaine.
Speaker 3: And you don't want to know part of this ship.
Speaker 5: Cocaine. What's a due.
Speaker 3: It turns on your bad feelings in the good feelings, it's a nightmare. I'm thinking maybe I'd like to try me some of that cocaine and all of the music that we are sociate with, said plant turned vice.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, turned capitalism tool by the CIA and the White man.
Speaker 5: Would you like to begin?
Speaker 3: Sure, let's see here. What do I want to begin with? Do I want to be huh? Because minus I'm like, do I want to go very literal out the gate? You know what I mean? Or mm? You know what? I'll start with an oldie that I have done on a playlist from many moons ago, and it was a totally different playlist, but the song applies to this particular one. This is one of my little rules and then I'll go into some of the other ones later. But it's by Jackal and the song is called My Moonshine Kick your Cocaine's Ass. Yes, okay, So I'll start this since it's very uh, you know, straightforward.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can't talk about cocaine music without this person. Well, there's all these people. You can't talk about cocaine music without this person. But I think it's very very appropriate to begin my playlist with mister James Brown. Get up. I feel like being a sex you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's so funny that you say that, because I'll just go ahead and jump in since it makes sense. I had James Brown's Papa's got a brand new bag. Now, the thing about James Brown is uh. He is the birthday okay when it comes. When it comes to all of it, the whole catalog could have been the playlist, but I I put Papa's got a brand new bag, you know, for ships and giggles, which is also what cocaine makes you do apparently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll after a while. Yeah, otherwise it'll stop you up.
Speaker 3: Yes, it will constipate you as well, but it can do. It's a twofold sitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My next song, I have a lot on hair.
Speaker 1: Ah. I'm going to continue on with traditional cocaine music. Cokay, I this song needs no introduction. Bootsy Collins, I'd rather be with you, be.
Speaker 5: Your friend on Challenging.
Speaker 1: I just love the way.
Speaker 5: And that.
Speaker 1: Number. I'd rather be with you.
Speaker 5: I want to be with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one one of my favorite artists. He wants to stick his loving in your eye. I know that's what that nigga said. That's kinky. Well, I guess I'll follow you up. Energetically, it's not Bootsy Collins, but I do have blast Off by Silk Sonic Bruno bars and interesting pop, and y'all can figure out what the fuck that's what.
Speaker 5: That little Filipino was all playlist.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, because just before that, I had locked out of Heaven because I said, okay, that's where you about to be locked out off of this issue, the Heaven and the casino.
Speaker 1: Yes, And how I knew he's still on that ship because he went on stage and was like, I'm out a dad.
Speaker 3: I would have been in an audience like that's cocaine behavior. That is funny to me. That is funny to me.
Speaker 5: Okay, my next song.
Speaker 1: Ah, I'll mention Bruno later, but I'm gonna stick with the classics here. You know, I'm very I'm upset of what happened to him and later on in life. His son also is a little problematic. But the theme from Shaft by Isaac Hayes.
Speaker 3: You know, there's the black fire, this ship shots.
Speaker 1: Damn right, there's you know, when it comes to cocaine music, when you get the lush bets and the horns and the percussion and the string the strings, nigga, the strings.
Speaker 3: That's there's many things, but the strings do Actually, you're absolutely correct, you know, there's always yes, you're right, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because you're gonna be mad at my next song. Oh well, this is sad okay, because my next song is Papa was a Rolling Stone by the Temptations.
Speaker 2: Call himself a Jack.
Speaker 1: Tell me.
Speaker 2: WoT say Papa would say.
Speaker 5: A few You saw the film.
Speaker 3: Related to the Nigga.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm saying. You know, when Paul died, it was it was a lot going on.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I thought that was horns.
Speaker 1: There's strings on there's First of all, there's strings on every Motown song.
Speaker 3: You probably I'm not.
Speaker 5: There's horns.
Speaker 3: I know that's what's coming to my mind immediately. But let me just do a quick.
Speaker 5: You know, Barry Gordyon didn't play about no strings.
Speaker 3: He didn't play about live musicals. You know what I'm saying. It was whole.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, the musicality of it all.
Speaker 3: Let's see ah one of the greatest, one of the greatest songs of all time. Truly, which direction do I want to go? Well, if we're talking about strings, so you know, cocaine music, it can come with many different feels and most I think most of mine on here is probably a little bit more chaotic. Actually no, it's all over the place. But if we're talking about strings, there was a song that came out in the nineties, which was a sample and we've heard the song sampled many times, but this particular version is by holds On I'm looking for the Ah White Town. That's the name of the band, No pun intended, but the song is called Your Woman and it's got these strings at the beginning b bur So you already know. And the type of feel of cocaine music this particular song gives to me is like remember when we walked in that Christian Ciriano party and that nigga was snorting off at the bar, Like it's very nineties model to cool in the play cigarettes cocaine music. So it's not always a hyper energy oftentimes it is, but that particular song gives me that type of cocaine energy.
Speaker 1: Ballot valad Elliott. Yeah, I would like to move to more of a modern go back.
Speaker 5: To the classics because that's.
Speaker 1: But there is a particular song that has taken over social media and it's called t l C. You have heard it? What I tell you the lyrics I can tell you. I know you've heard it, but it's by Iago and it's the Tina the liquor the coke Bitch.
Speaker 3: Smoke, Yes, tea is for the tin. I got the beat.
Speaker 10: It's for the liquor I think is for the coy strawell your lip bitch.
Speaker 3: The coke bitch. I yes, yes, yes, yes, And I love all the iterations, all the videos that I don't really love trends but that and Liberian Girl Sign me up, nigga, when I tell you, I fucking love it. I love those tues, those two. I'll watch every iteration of them. That's a good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, l the Tina that.
Speaker 3: All right? Well, I'll go modern for me. You know, rest in peace, young man. You made a fabulous jam, young Dolfs. Cut it, cut it, cut it, cut it, cut it, cut it, cut it, cut it, cut it?
Speaker 1: Wait do you need to cut way?
Speaker 3: Do you need to cut it? And I also love the pianos at the top of that song. And you know ot Genesis brings me joy. I don't know nothing about him personally, so I cannot.
Speaker 5: But I don't know anything about that outset.
Speaker 3: The clips that I see, they just tickle me.
Speaker 1: And so cut it, cut it, could it?
Speaker 3: Wishes? How you need to cut it? Press? Do how you need to cut it? So yes, and also you have to cut it. All of those.
Speaker 5: Things well speaking of cutting.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to take a divit again into because you know, when you put fire to.
Speaker 3: Cocaine, that's crack baby.
Speaker 1: So with that being said.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't know when you were going down there. I purposely didn't do that because I didn't think we were going that direction. I kept a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I couldn't go on without this because I think about this tweet all the time. Uh. Like d MX was so high at the end of the song while he was just going with Dinna Dinna, Dinna, Dinna, Dinna Dinner, Dinner, Dinner, Dinna, Dinner.
Speaker 5: Black for sixteen bars. So DMX is who we be.
Speaker 11: I never thought about can youner he goes on for I also want to know.
Speaker 3: I want to know what to look like to with the I need, I need visuals I need.
Speaker 5: It was just he was just doing it by himself.
Speaker 3: It wasn't he.
Speaker 12: Danna Dannadannnna, Danna dannnnet.
Speaker 1: He was stick.
Speaker 3: Earl. Oh God, you are missed, you are missed, Earl. Yeah, I told you. One of my favorite DMX videos is him. Uh, I mean jamming out to Lisa Lisa Live, Like when I tell you your boy was having a blast and it was such an enjoyable thing to see. Oh that is funny. Now I'm gonna think we need to do a playlist of moments that we would like to see in the studio. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh you see how to just be coming to me? You see that?
Speaker 1: Take a letter?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, as take a letter which Okay, where do we want to go? Now?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm gonna go very literal. Also, this man is a big maga, so I don't and he apparently had a very big coke problem for a period of time, so much so he got arrested for it. Tim the tool Man, whatever the fuck his last name is. So I have the Home Improvement theme song on my playlist because that's what the fuck you get.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, My next song is, uh, We're I'm back to crack. You know, I forgot about the song and Chris Rogers had to remind me. They were so young and then, and it's so interesting to see where some of them happened up now. But Handam Montana by the migost.
Speaker 10: Hand On Montana and the Pana Clop Clown clout Jo she White Henda Montenna Independomerica.
Speaker 3: She is college girl, but her risks had him.
Speaker 14: On Tenna, hit him on Tea, hit him on Teta, hit him on Teta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the Yeah, that's when I first heard. I told you handed Montana and Versace is when they first came. When they were coming out and I was still working at Sony at the time. I think we had gotten La Reid and somebody was blasting migos and I was irtated. I say, what in the fun is that? It's the downfall of music. Little did I know I'd be such a fan, not of the human offset.
Speaker 5: Of some of their music.
Speaker 3: Some of the music's because I still thoroughly enjoy Rick Flair.
Speaker 1: I enjoy offsets music. I enjoy that I don't enjoy. I enjoy the migos, but I don't enjoy is their antics. And you know r I p to take off.
Speaker 3: Take off the best of them all. Honestly, it's always the one. See yes, Hannah Montana, that was a good one. Well, if we're going to stay in a negro realm.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, like.
Speaker 5: Surprisingly, I don't have many way folks on here. Oh I do, and I think it's because I can. That was a little too easy, you know what I mean, I have a mix.
Speaker 3: It's a mix.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so in the vein of also staying little room, you know, I thought about I was like, are we doing a mighty Casey you know, or a g z us da situation? No jams, but no. I went with a classic cam Ron killer season accompanied by a film terrible movie h and Camons.
Speaker 1: It was really bad, bad.
Speaker 3: Movie idiots, a song called white Girls. So I put Camron's White Girls because I know that's never gone on one of the playlists, not in all the ten to twelve years we've been doing this.
Speaker 5: For my I'm getting the comments.
Speaker 10: Pay from my birthday, k trip to Bahamas and swim in the ocean.
Speaker 5: I was dishupurana. That's my girl, girl, Yes, so give amana.
Speaker 1: Hey real Like, we're like Breck Cary.
Speaker 5: We have two anniversaries.
Speaker 3: We have oh, we like a you know, a lady born in the South or in the Caribbean. Two birthdays, you know what I mean. Yeah, my mother got two birthdays.
Speaker 5: Two birthdays. That's fine. Let's celebrate it all the same exactly.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break, yeah, and we'll be back with more Jaden next t hit.
Speaker 8: It after these messages will be right back.
Speaker 9: Costumes officers found when they searched two passengers arriving at JFK Airport. Let's get her say. The men arrived on the same fly from Santa Domingo with more than twenty pounds of cocaine strapped to their bodies. The drugs have an estimated straight value of three hundred and eighty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: And we're black cocka co coacaine cocaine music. My next song is.
Speaker 14: It's a meeting in the ladings room. I'll be back Wilson by Climax, which definitely is either about a fight or it's about cocaine in the latest room.
Speaker 1: Either way. Sometimes sometimes people do coke in the bathroom. You know, you shouldn't do cocaine everybody's bathroom.
Speaker 3: Very people do coke in the bathroom. I know usually in bathrooms you shouldn't be doing.
Speaker 1: It in Yeah, I definitely got it right. And I've several times I've been offered cocaine in a bathroom public.
Speaker 5: Otherwise, I've never I vibed or indulged.
Speaker 1: I've just been like, oh, it's pretty much the only time I've been offered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I uh, that's generally where it's done, you know, not for me. But I also think of you know, my brain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, particles part.
Speaker 3: Of exactly things in here, right, you know it's poop and cocaine all just you know, this potpourri of a mixture.
Speaker 1: Does the cocaine negate like? Does it clean the germs out? Does it act like an agent like baking soda?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: How what disinfecting quality? Just you know, like how vodka can clean a black.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wondered one of the one of the property what are the cleaning agents that could be in cocaine?
Speaker 5: I mean, I know it's medicinal. We had it in Coca cola, doctor pepper.
Speaker 3: Those things getting flagged right now? Okay, let's see.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, RFK.
Speaker 3: That's fine. No, cocaine is not a disinfectant. While it was used historically as a topical local and aesthetic and a vascal constrictor and minor ear nose and throat procedures, it possesses no germicidal, antibacterial, or anti viral properties. In fact, cocaine usage, particularly through shared needles, pipes, or straws, significantly increases the risk of contracting blood born infections like HIV.
Speaker 1: And why, which is why I even think if you don't, if you are intravenous drug usershes should be on prep.
Speaker 3: To absolutely absolutely, And I didn't even I was like, now, who's putting cocaine in a needle or a pipe? But they said or straws, And that would make sense because everybody, everybody you know.
Speaker 1: Sharing, Yeah, given like I in my old job, I've given out clean meats, like giving out clean pipes of folks. I've given out.
Speaker 3: Clean listen.
Speaker 1: Listen tools to use those things because you can catch infection safe usage.
Speaker 3: That's why your niggas need to stop using pregnancy as your primary example. When you're talking about the ramifications of of set of sex in a particular setting, you know, uh, it's not just that's not the only ramification and that you can get rid of. Sorry if that was crass, but it's true. Well then I'm gonna follow my next song up with our conversation and that would be mm hmm an e r d mm hmmm. Zionus. Now Kanye also a problem loupit fiasco and uh to push your tea, and that would be everybody Knows the remix all the girls standing in the line for the bathroom You Left Home.
Speaker 1: All the girls Doddy live that bath all their live that path. Yeah yeah, I hit ahead definitely about big cocaine.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: What I loved about the seventies is that they would, you know, like, Da'm gonna talk about this how people young people.
Speaker 5: Today's cocaine usage is.
Speaker 1: Very different than what it was yacht back in yesteryear because cocaine music back then, we got fun things like for my next song, Tom Brown's funking for Jamaica.
Speaker 5: You can't tell me that cocaine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's it's true fucking fun.
Speaker 15: Yeah yeah, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 3: Night's over Egypt even like I felt, exactly, okay, we're going in that direction. I'm cool with that. Let's see. Oh okay, the seventies and black people use cocaine too, you know what I'm saying, Rick James, I know that's obvious. So I had to. I was like, what selection am I going to choose? She blew my mind sixty nine times, because that is a that is a sex on cocaine songs.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, yes, that is about on cocaine on cocaine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I said, so.
Speaker 1: Speaking of black people do cocaine too, Yeah, blacks do cocaine. M I can't wait for their documentary to come there, Afro Future Royalty. But you can't tell me these songs weren't about cocaine, if not crafted while they were all cocaine. This is a duet actually featuring the emotions. But Boogie wonderland By can't tell me that's not about Yeah, yeah, I kicks the knees you gotta do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, you're right. That is absolutely about I feel like a lot of earth Winded Fire songs were.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, that's the way you get.
Speaker 5: Wasn't just we that cocaine was different. It took us.
Speaker 3: I did love Afro futurism. That was my era. To be told. Well, I'm gonna go ahead and put Stevie Wonders the entire Secret Life of Plants album one day. Just just run it, just run it down, you know what I'm saying, because it was speaking to him, the plant, you know what I mean? Yeah? Yeah, I also think maybe we can put fulfilling this first finale on it too, Yeah, and maybe a dabble it in Square Circle and as much and you know, that's my uncle, my ind all be all, but I know in a bad way he was on cocaine when he wrote Jungle because for the hundredth time, you know how I feel about this song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I told you that's either or or the little man I used to work for.
Speaker 1: Okay hmm, but back to black people do coke too. You know this song is if you play this song, it is due to the frequency that it's recorded, it's supposed to manifest the things to like come to you, and you might. You've asked Noah or whomever, have you seen the tiktoks? And it's a quite lovely song and we sing it all the time. But when you I've noticed when I listen to it, either I am more uplifted now because of maybe munch hounses and I'm like believing this thing or it actually works. I don't know, but I need award to ring my bell your.
Speaker 3: Care ring my bell, my bell ring ring all. Yeah, I can see that. I can see that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: My bood got better just thinking about the song. I didn't even hear it.
Speaker 5: The kind of guitar goes hard. All your niggas is on the coke but I'm with it.
Speaker 3: That's also how I feel. Oh Shaka Cans, I know you, I live you.
Speaker 5: There's a sexual of drag music that I have here.
Speaker 3: But yes, yeah, has started off with that.
Speaker 2: I know, like I feel lesson in the moon.
Speaker 6: Like see.
Speaker 3: Know you all. Yeah, that's definitely like cocaine in a good way when it was pure. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, I'll let you have that one than you. My next one is about the trade. They like, okay, yeah, Well because this has a double changa, right, this is this could be two things. This could be about the trade, but this could also be about cocaine because cocaine, well it is an intersection, right, because it's Sylvester's you make me feel mighty real and the trade made her feel like real, real fish, real woman. Yeah, or the or the bean made her do it and made her feel real you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's that's so funny you say that, Yes, I yes, because cocaine does actually give you the illusion winks. So yeah that too. So my next song is actually the Backstreet Boys Larger than Life.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've watched yes, yes, and if I'm gonna go ahead and stay with that theme. I'm gonna go ahead and throw in big X the plugs the largest as well.
Speaker 5: Big X the plug is. That's that big nugga that be on Price.
Speaker 3: I'm the biggest, the largest. Yeah, you know what I love. He's refreshing. I he really is a breath of fresh air, that young man.
Speaker 1: I only allow myself to like one new rapper every a decade or so, and I've chosen to let Larry June and.
Speaker 3: Larry jew is not now now, So you gotta hold on.
Speaker 5: That's how I said, well too late, play one little note.
Speaker 3: Just listen to the snippet of the top of it, and you can't tell me this don't make you feel good?
Speaker 6: Like so so got just rep shit here in the choke, Ho get a show, shut out.
Speaker 1: The Bobo's that nigga.
Speaker 6: How we live telling about being the funds the grib walk out the marbles and shoots for the kids. The positive Chicken. I basically live play of my renowment for the years.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know, I know if I know what the song is. They play it in like sports nigga ship contact.
Speaker 3: I don't know nothing about that. But I don't know nothing about that, but I like that. I like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what the big nigga that being press picks commercials.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, then yes to your question for five minutes ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's gonna he's in a commercial with h with the other big nigga, Drew Ski.
Speaker 3: Ah, goofy Drew Ski.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I like how you told that white lady that was nice. M hm hmmm hm.
Speaker 1: Who's next?
Speaker 3: I just did that, all right, I did too?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, like I said, cocaine is music is very different today than what it would be was it was yesterday because we had funkin for Jamaica and even when I'm about to tell you now isn't what we have today even But what I want to say is this comes from It's one of the greatest openers in rap, if you ask me. And it's surprising that this would come from me based on those artists. But you can't have a playlist about cocaine without the future.
Speaker 3: You read my mind.
Speaker 5: So my next song is thought it was a Drought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even though that's about activists, it's close enough. I just fuck your bitch. That's some Gucci flip flops.
Speaker 3: I just had some bitches and I made a little flop.
Speaker 6: I just took compisent and not seen Cody coming.
Speaker 1: Now we got proper activients. I thought it was a drought. I scrapped the dope and your sproutse white girl, White t.
Speaker 3: Okay. I just fu some Gucci flip flops. Mm hmm. I'm gonna leave that alone, but I will follow you up with another future song that was on my list. I've also used this before, but it's been many years. But it just came to mind. Young Nigga, Young Nigga, Young Nigga, mood at Dope, Young Nigga Mood at Dope, Young Nigga Mood at Dope, very literal, but I thought it had to be on the list. It was it didn't feel right without it.
Speaker 16: Mood that done mood that don't by mood and don't make mood, and dope dog mood that don't y, don't by mood and don't move that.
Speaker 3: Dope that dope don't And that's also in the vein of blacks like cocaine too, because you can't tell me that nigga does not like cocaine.
Speaker 1: Mm.
Speaker 5: Hmmmm hmmm, speaking of a lot of times cocaine.
Speaker 1: Music deals with not only like using, but also procuring and also being being an economist about it, the capitalists with it.
Speaker 3: Yes, right there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I you know, I talked about him often. He's my favorite homophobicgrapper, but this was the era where he only like had music that sounded like it would come from video games. Uh.
Speaker 5: But this My next song is nine Piece by Rick Ross and Dope. I'm on the cell phone.
Speaker 3: I'm selling dope straight off the high phone. He won't a quote. He talking that song.
Speaker 5: He bote vote five man piece, straight eight nine piece straight eight ball.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and you fulfilled what I what I was missing. I forgot to put a Rick Ross song on there, so thank you for that. That's actually a very good Yeah. Well, want to just follow up with another one, let's hear it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, then my next one is.
Speaker 5: There's three Okay. The next one is The Boss with Rick Ross and t Pain. Because I don't make.
Speaker 1: Love, maybe we make match.
Speaker 5: You come home with a thug.
Speaker 6: Let's get ship cracking always well baby, because ship happened.
Speaker 5: She leaves the back seat just.
Speaker 6: A freaking popped out the magnotopped in the trade just to let the top.
Speaker 1: Because I mean, you know, it makes you feel, makes you feel I don't know what what straight men feel like how I don't know how to describe cunt and straight man, but like you know.
Speaker 5: How like sometimes you feel cut, you feel pussy, but like I don't know how straight men they feel like they're that nigga?
Speaker 1: Is that what that is? That what you would call? I'm him that situation?
Speaker 3: I don't just is that a I think that's metro sexual. Sorry, that's supposed to.
Speaker 5: Say metro sexual means faggot.
Speaker 1: Gaelic.
Speaker 3: But I know it's like metrosexual gives me like I'm not straight. I just fuck women. Yeah that's terrible problematic.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is, Oh but it's fine. You know who created the term metrosexual? That's all I want to know. I bet you was you.
Speaker 5: We'd a white lady with a doctorate with purple hair.
Speaker 3: Get up right now, google it.
Speaker 1: Let me let me.
Speaker 5: Who who coined the term metro sexual?
Speaker 1: Okay, I need to check out these. Mark Simpson, who the fuck is? In nineteen ninety four British Journalists and a writer.
Speaker 3: Ninety four was about it when it came around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they saw Pedro real World and got lost.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're not metrosexual, they're just French. I don't know.
Speaker 1: The metrosexual man, the single young man with the high disposable income, living or working in the city because that's where all the best shops are, is perhaps the most promising consumer market of the decade. In the eighties, he was only to be found inside fashion magazine is such as GQ. In the nineties, he's everywhere and he's going shopping. The typical metrosexual is a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis because that's where all the best shops, clubs, gyms, and hairdressers are. He might be a ficially gay, straight, or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object and pleasure as his sexual preference. So this actually means that a metrosexual person would be asexual from what it sounds like in that last adage, right, Yeah, but it's still all like what metro sexual was the equivalent to, like like when they gentrified neighborhoods and they call it something else, like so bro like South Bronx, yeah, or or shit like that.
Speaker 5: That's fucking stupid.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 5: But AnyWho, let's take a break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's take another break.
Speaker 5: And we'll be back with more cocaine music.
Speaker 3: Cocka cocaine music.
Speaker 8: After these messages will be right back.
Speaker 9: And most a usual story that I'm black there finding cocaine. Said it had been dropped from this guy by a s mounther you a story which includes Tis Knoxville they expect in nineteen eighty five and has now being adapted into a movie called Cocaine. How much of the movie, or at least what we've seen in the news least trailer, is actually based on what really happened. Thanks on your side before christ find out.
Speaker 5: And we're black talking about more coin?
Speaker 1: What you got next?
Speaker 3: Let's see here, let's look at my list. I did that already, so I can go ahead. I'll stay with my vein of how cocaine makes you feel intersected with somebody who has a great alleged cocaine uh preference, I'll leave it. I'm not gonna Also, in the intersection of hashtag blacks like cocaine too, there is a soca artist by the name of Mashall Montano, and I put two of his songs. One of them is for the energy that we said that cocaine king give you how it can make you feel like you have wings. You are the alpha and the omega, So that would be Marshall Montana's like a boss. Okay, I just pay themselves. Let me pay your mask. I just fun to.
Speaker 5: Find out something yet.
Speaker 3: Lost that pound? How about whining dollar?
Speaker 5: Hi, your London Dotte dollar?
Speaker 3: Nothing on something out? Then I had to put a separate one on there because back to James Brown being the birthday, he is the cocaine. So is Marshall Montana. And he's got a song called mister Fett.
Speaker 10: It's calling away like that just don't give me fight on you. How about your stop finding by when music stop the floor? Make sure your signa don't give me fine on you? How about your stop finding.
Speaker 3: That tells you all you need to know. So those are my next two selections.
Speaker 1: My next song, I'm going to switch gears like I always do. We're gonna switch over to the other side of music.
Speaker 5: You know, there's always like that.
Speaker 1: Culty B fifty two type band rocker, real cool Jack white situation.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: And my next song is Tear You Apart by she Wants Revenge. So I'm gonna allow you to look that up.
Speaker 17: Plan on his mindset and maybe it's right up the right place and right time. Maybe it's a night in the whisper or extending the sign want to make up and just hard win over mind.
Speaker 3: It also goes along with that your woman vibe. You know where they be the model, You know they be in the fashion scene and they do you know what I mean? But of a particular time, you know what a square toe leather boot.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm. Well, while you have this up, because you're gonna have to look up the other songs. My next song is called Passion by a Wall Nation a w O L Nation. The reason why it's on here is because you'll when you hear it, you'll know I'm like, Oh, only niggas who are on cocaine made this.
Speaker 3: You got a little you can use much blonde.
Speaker 5: Cocaine in the street, all right?
Speaker 3: Where do I want to go? Caucae?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, now to get them out the way.
Speaker 3: Also what they put what they play in hell jumble one but thumbing, Oh my God, I think that means doing cocaine and get down.
Speaker 1: But I can get. Yeah, I never gonna keep it down.
Speaker 5: I get knock down and I get.
Speaker 1: Again and even now.
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Ay white cocaine, Yeah yeah, mob cocaine.
Speaker 3: That's mob cocaine. That's that's fast port cocaine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's.
Speaker 1: What that is.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 5: My next song is it's about all drugs.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's again, but it's but but.
Speaker 1: I I think it's it's important when you talk about anything with drugs. It's an important song and in music history in general. But it's Jefferson Airplanes, White Rabbit.
Speaker 3: I knew you were going to put that on you. I knew you will go.
Speaker 1: That's a classic, like it's a classic song. I you know, it's the sound of the sixties. Okay, you know, Summer of love and ship.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, I have everything here.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: Cocaine is also you know, it's so much it varies, it varies the gamut, you know what I mean. It does.
Speaker 5: It's so much that cocaine. No, cocaine is not a modeling.
Speaker 1: No it's not.
Speaker 3: It's not. But if we're going to go in that kind of vein. I'm gonna go with also from the seventies, des by a band called the Moody Blues, and the song is Nights in White Satin and white side A.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, it's about drugs and bonus. I like most songs.
Speaker 1: Okay, every song on this album is a cocaine song based off of the album cover alone. But my next song is Love roller Coaster by the Ohio Ohio Players.
Speaker 5: Roll Up Coaster of Love, roll Look Coaster?
Speaker 1: What does suck? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have a girl eating honey naked up.
Speaker 1: That's coca.
Speaker 3: It's also there again, there's an intersection between roller skating and you know skating, you know, so there's an intersection there With some of the music musical selections. I'm going to stick with my my Caucasians of the seventies for a hot second, because I have another selection by a band or pro call herem okay and he they I don't know has a gem called a Whiter Shade of Pill. You should play it. Play listen to a little What's a A Whiter Shade of Pill? By pro Call P R O C O L harem h A r U M.
Speaker 11: M hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, if we're gonna go down that road. Boy, I got some ship for you. Then my next one is sorry, Johnny Cash is hurt.
Speaker 3: But have.
Speaker 13: Become my sweetest trend. Everyone I know.
Speaker 5: Goes because yeah, because saw him before he passed away, but he was crazy.
Speaker 3: I've seen the come down and that is a perfect accompaniment because these niggas, you know what, I'm going to off the cuff, throw in Dave Matthews bad crash, Yeah, come in and comment. I'm gonna throw that one there, because that's also I know that's supposed to be love and ship like that, but no, that's how your niggas, y'all be crashing down. Okay, it's so fascinating to see the seven Am from the outside.
Speaker 1: It's like a gas station bathroom walking, you know what I mean. My next song is fun mm hmm. Most of their music is it could be on this playlist, but I think it was. I think it's I put this on here mainly because this is in a commercial with a whole bunch of white people and I was like, well, what do y'all know about this song?
Speaker 5: More Bounced to the Ounce by Zap More Bounce to the Outs.
Speaker 3: Yes, that could be. That could be many things. I was like, oh car okay, yeah, that's a jib so oh yeah, you got to be all cocaine to be doing all.
Speaker 1: Well. Yeah. Because so like I was talking to mother and we were talking about James Brown and she was like, because I was talking to here, I was like, James Brown has like he changes the beat and his song was like twenty eight times and she was like, well, she was like, well, most people in the seventies was they was high, so what were shifting?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, that's why cocaine is also not a modeling, makes something some angry, some sad, like you know, it does all kinds of things. Okay, okay, okaka, where do we want to go from here? Oh let's see black people do cocaine too, Nicki Minaj Starships.
Speaker 1: I felt that's the thing that some Shenanigans I would have put out here. I didn't expect you to put that out of here.
Speaker 3: Ah exactly.
Speaker 5: I feel like this is a little literal based off of who sang this song. But do you love what you feel? By first of all, do you.
Speaker 3: Know he did? And if your daddy, your granddaddy or your uncle's name is rufus, I guarantee you the biggest have done cokaine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, there's no denying it.
Speaker 3: It's you, but the name says otherwise. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Yeah, rufus means cocaine user sanscrit You're right?
Speaker 6: Do you.
Speaker 5: Do you love with your feel like?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do love what I feel? I feel real Okay, woo oh oh, DJ spin that, spin that into into Sylvester. Go ahead, do your big one? Do you a big one with that? I don't know your big one? Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's so many. I'm gonna have to narrow this down because we're we're winding down on our time here.
Speaker 3: I have a theory. Why are you figuring it out? Oh?
Speaker 1: I know where I'm going.
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: So a lot of times with cocaine music, which we didn't talk about before. Cocaine allows you to hit notes that she didn't think you could, and I want to take that with well, no, I want to I want you to go back, and I wanted to talk about separate ways by Journey. You have all heard this song recently with the Hidden Valley Ranch Meme Dude and Value Ranch, but the original comes from Separate Ways by Journey and that little man saying his pee picket he hits them notes.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, we can go ahead and throw the whole Be's catalog on there too, don't want.
Speaker 5: Mo Yes me, yeah, most of most of the Bes.
Speaker 3: I also think Aaron Neviles was on cocaine anytime he got in the stew.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that's actually a thing.
Speaker 1: I think. I think.
Speaker 5: I think Papa had to wrestle personal demons.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I take it back, I take it back. Well, he was pleasant when I saw him on the street, and it looked like he had gotten himself to catch. I read it to him Madison Avenue coming from the Bowery. Oh yeah, yeah, the mission, and I ran it to Aaron Doubles and me and my sister. Is that Aaron Doubles? He was like hello, he was it was pleasant? He well, so, yes, it was cocaine for that one too.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Of course that was one of those where we thought we sounded different than what we did.
Speaker 5: Who is your next person? Oh so jangle.
Speaker 3: I think this is also like one piece of this song is going viral. But I want you all to know that this was a moment, not necessarily my moment and probably not yours either, but it was a moment to the nineties. And it is called scat Man Ski Bop botop bop by scatman John I'm a scatman.
Speaker 1: The fact.
Speaker 5: Keep the fact that I know what that song before, you know exactly.
Speaker 3: But the very like top of the song has gone viral where people are using that sound in there where they be like stip you know, and then whatever. So I just want you all to know that the actual song was a very annoying moment was given Old Navy, but it happened. And that also.
Speaker 5: Just mad about that front because she's just mad about me. They call me now Yellow.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 5: Commercials used to be the tea back.
Speaker 3: We gotta do it. We gotta do an episode. I just said this the other day. Now you said we gotta do an episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can't have a song.
Speaker 1: I can't have a playlist about cocaine without the Barge on it. So my next song is I like It by De Barge.
Speaker 11: I like.
Speaker 3: It's just a little thing.
Speaker 5: I like the away you comb your hair, I like the stylish.
Speaker 1: It's just a little thing.
Speaker 5: You don't want to.
Speaker 3: Ye Nana, Yeah, you're you know what part he really hit it where he goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it goes back to cocaine and crack, keeping them vocals prested. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to satisfy a girl.
Speaker 5: To a couple more.
Speaker 3: All right, Oh, I'll take you back Caucasian. The proclaimer is five hundred miles, because there ain't no motherfucking way miles walk miles.
Speaker 5: If I could walk five hundred miles and I could walk five hundred more, the man.
Speaker 3: Miles of right, job in that part right there, they was they was gone off the it's the whites dinner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was the first dinner.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be the mona who locks right next to you. Yes, the proclaimer is five hundred miles. You have to also be on cocaine to be willing to do that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely.
Speaker 5: My next song is uh from the seventies. Also, when you.
Speaker 1: Got on cocaine, you got a jam mm hmmm mm hmm. And you can't jam more than Cool in the Gang did with Jungle Boogie Jungle, trying to make an elephant sound with the saxophone.
Speaker 3: You know, is that, dude, No, that's not dude, No, that's not jungle. Wait no, that's good. Wait wait is that the get Down? Yeah anyway, yes, yes, whole era. Whole era actually, Okay, Cool.
Speaker 1: In the Gang.
Speaker 5: You know, it's hard not to be mad at a band named Cool in the Gang.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like they feel like the best representation of cocaine. You know what I mean, Like the niggas that dupe you into trying it because you know, they make the.
Speaker 5: Dance off the wall, the people get down it, they make pleasant yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see it. But it was pure you see what I'm saying. Niggas didn't worry about dying. Mm hmm, okay, worry about all of that. We mentioned this song earlier in our in our Patreon recording, and I already had it on the list. But I had it for multiple reasons. I think the lead singer had a cocaine problem, and also they were hateful. Now I don't know about that cocaine problem where you can verify that. Also, I believe this movie, This movie is so chaotic, and I know niggas love it very very much and understandably so it still is very very chaotic Shrek, I feel like it, But I feel like, but the writers were definitely on cocaine as they were writing it. Put in the talking donkey and the little nigga with the big head and the bob. You know what I'm saying. It's like it was very chaotic cocaine writing, you know, in the best of ways. And so smash Mouths All Star I put on for all of these reasons compounds. But yeah, stop dumming, and they don't stop drumming.
Speaker 5: Back to the rules that I hit the ground running didn't make sense. Not to live fall your brain gets swopped that your head gets dumb.
Speaker 3: So much to do, so much to see. So what's wrong Wednesday in the back streets?
Speaker 5: You'll never know if you don't go, Oh that letter gone though they're shooting stars.
Speaker 3: I also hate that song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's fine, but it goes it's appropriate.
Speaker 1: Let's do two more, all right. My second to last song is how do I how do we even? Okay? I know where I'll go. My second to last song I have yet to mention this young man Buffalo's fineness. And you know, we get a lot of songs like fire and Desire and and you know, Mary Jane and all that, except by Rick James. But You and I by Rick James is eight minutes of cocaine, love and division.
Speaker 3: Dude, Okay, because those braids and beads were going, they were going, they were going.
Speaker 1: Rick James had them have to sing in too.
Speaker 3: So you had to be you know what I'm saying, the energy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he needed a boost, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to listen to I'm I'm gonna spin in my house. Oh god, another moodlifter, Another moodlift.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is spitting. Yeah, get whimsical in your home, Nicker.
Speaker 3: I battled with this because I want to, and so I have to put a disclaimer on it. This song. This song is not on the list at all because of the person, because I was very very intentional about that.
Speaker 5: Is it witting Houston because I have her on this too, Yes, but it.
Speaker 3: Is literally for the sentiment around my personal feelings about cocaine. I don't want it. I don't care if you do it, but I don't want it. It's not right, but it's okay, So I wanted but I was like, let me be clear or why this song is on the list because I'm not doing I'm not doing our girl like that.
Speaker 1: See that's what I said. And then when I consulted something, I consulted the wrong individual.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the one in your house. I don't know why would you ask that nigga anything like mill.
Speaker 5: But that's not my last song. O. My last song.
Speaker 1: Is you know when you do cocaine or sometimes sometimes cocaine does you. Yeah, yeah, you gotta get away from it, right, you gotta you gotta gotta beat that demon, you know, depending if you can't handle it, you know, sometimes like I said, it cut, it takes you over. So my last song it Shackles by Mary Man. I lift my hands and praise them through my circumstance. Lord, take these shackles off my feet so I can dance, okay at the corners of my mind.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh.
Speaker 5: Because I'm freedom out.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just so so many affirmations. Purple hair, purple hair, purple hair.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've got to compliment you then, because I had a.
Speaker 1: Few you and I. I hope these songs produce vocal stamps for everybody who listens to these episodes.
Speaker 3: I'll do an honorable mission for my last is very, very very's walking because for you to be walking that much as they.
Speaker 5: Do it, Yeah, yeah, that walk walking what she ain't stay leaning? She said walking.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's cocaine, not Hero's. Look, I had to go through somebody. I was like, let's make sure this is not Heroin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they're very coming.
Speaker 3: So Heroin music. Yeah, that is crazy.
Speaker 5: Tokyo's house.
Speaker 3: It's going to be everything that's come out in twenty two.
Speaker 5: Oh, also more future music.
Speaker 1: You don't do the heroin h I'm thinking with his Yeah, okay, well, allegedly in the music and the music. He don't shoot up in the music. He don't play with his nose either, so he probably he probably dips.
Speaker 3: Nigga. You rap about selling, so I don't. You are part of the music. You are the fabric of the hip hop, of the rap, of CoA coating music. Yeah music, and in the spirit of your Mary Mary Shackles, my very last selection is Nina Simons, I put a spell on you.
Speaker 1: I'm taking my car.
Speaker 5: Host would hate on me.
Speaker 12: In the end of the episode, sworn enemy to sandwich this thing out God.
Speaker 1: With the compliment.
Speaker 3: The fact that you hate this lady. You know this lady stood up for her parents when she was ten years old.
Speaker 1: So did Matilda.
Speaker 3: Oh right, I am with it. Thank you so much for listening. Make sure you all check out the Patreon where you get so much more than this episode.
Speaker 1: I'm found to be impressed.
Speaker 3: No, because the white people, so white people came into her recital late and asked her parents to get up out the front row. And her parents was about to get up on some bit ship and do you know this little heffer from the stage was like, I'm not playing ship until they sit out. Hell no, you niggas are not taking my parasy. And she's the one who stood up for her parents. Well, she has a weak parent, Do not weak sauce Needa smoke.
Speaker 1: What's she gonna do?
Speaker 3: We're done with this episode. It's over.
Speaker 5: Over anyway, bye own, bye.
Speaker 3: Ys. We were moving on now