Speaker 1: Kill that. This thing's big.
Speaker 2: So what are you doing at Rollertown tonight? We are doing you and Ben are invested in.
Speaker 3: We're doing yacht rock trivia going into a Playoff Hockey watch party. So here's the deal. I am hosting yacht rock trivia. Me and ben are going to be in the building. Yacht Rock Trivia goes from seven o'clock to eight thirty. I have two rounds and a bonus round perfectly timed out. I play the song, you get a point for the artist, You get a point for the name of the song, and then I ask a trivia question about each song and then that's worth double So then we do it for two and a half rounds. The bonus round is double points, and then I have one final Jeopardy style question that you can risk your points on, kind of like we do with our game shows. So I've timed it out to where it's going to go perfectly from seven o'clock to eight thirty.
Speaker 1: We'll have a winner.
Speaker 3: Winner will get a prize, and then the puck drops and we're celebrating stars playoff Hockey. Me and Benner talking Cooper Flag with anyone who wants to come up and talk with us. Jazzy Tacos is going to be there. It's we have a whole yacht rock weekend, so we're celebrating that. But I love doing music trivia and I'm very excited for you. You're very good at it, and it's really entertaining. It's hilarious. So if you want to like, hear what's rattling around and skins music Brain and listen to him talk about yacht rock and there's wise cracks and he's fun interacting with the crowd all while drinking beer and eating tacos and then watching stars playoff hockey.
Speaker 1: Come join us tonight. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: It's fun, and I want I didn't use AI to pick questions. I picked every song myself. I picked every question myself. It's all stuff that I put thought into because I'm a nerd.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I thought we could do a little pregame show to yacht Rock Trivia tonight, Wow by testing the quiz master. Let's make sure he's worthy of hosting yacht rock Trivia.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what if I failed? We have call it off.
Speaker 2: I would like to award Ben and Christina each ten dollar points. Okay, you have ten dollar points. And what you can do is you can wager before I ask a question. You can wager how much you think if he will get it right or if he will get it wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? Are there any clues as to what they should do? Or yeah, I'll ask the question first. You just try to get to hear it. Okay, good, We get to hear the question, and then.
Speaker 3: Y'all can see me react to the question, or maybe you don't react, or maybe you're good at this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't react. Okay. How many questions are there.
Speaker 3: Like that?
Speaker 2: Which seminal yacht rock album took two years to record and was the most expensive record ever made at the time in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: Once you told him a year, he's covering his face so he can't see if he knows it or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ladies, first, yes, I will.
Speaker 1: Three dollars he gets all right, God don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go five dollar points if he gets it right. Once you told the year nineteen eighty, his brain was like, yeah, got it. You didn't need to tell me that. Galacho by Steely Dan was recorded in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: It is correct.
Speaker 3: It started immediately after they released Asia, but it did take multiple years, including uh, the engineer who built a drum machine specifically for them to capture the sound. That is right, Ben Roger Nichols, I believe was the name of the engineer, Christina up to thirteen. He just told you what the engineer had for lunch that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Basically, who was the inspiration ye for Toto's song Rosanna?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh? Did we go back and forth?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, you go first, No, because I don't.
Speaker 3: Want you to have to go first. That's not fair to you. Super I'm gonna say fifteen. I'm gonna bet fifteen dollars points.
Speaker 2: That's your whole nut This is this your cat his whole nutting there, Christina.
Speaker 3: I'm bad at gambling, so I'll do seven that he gets it right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The problem is that there's controversy about this because they say it's Rosanna Arquette, who the band knew at the time and later married Peter Gabriel. But there's a lot of controversy about whether or not that is acts actually true.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're saying Arquette.
Speaker 2: I'm just worried about if they had the writer of the song Saide because I've got the quote from the writer.
Speaker 3: Of the writer of the song says it is not about Roseanne Arquette specifically, but that they knew her at the time. The writer of the song is it's one of the Uh he's a DP guy.
Speaker 1: What dude perfect those are his initials. Dr Pepper guy. Yeah, David Patch. Oh he wrote it. Okay, the keyboard player.
Speaker 3: So I I have read before that they denied that it was Roseannes.
Speaker 1: Answer. I'm gonna say it's not about Roseanne arc not about Roseanne.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say it's about Rosannes one in particular. It's about Roseanne Arcad you think it is. I think it is.
Speaker 1: It's about no One in particular. That's what he said, and you talked about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's what he said.
Speaker 1: It didn't trick me, but I should have stuck to my guns. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Answer, But the way you phrased the question was to force him to come up with someone named that it was named.
Speaker 1: My problem is.
Speaker 3: That I My problem is that I couldn't name another Roseanne. Yeah, the Roseanne bar.
Speaker 1: Uh what it was? This is controversial that it's too it's too controversial.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And we will say that that question was rigged, and it.
Speaker 3: Was because we could go out there and find stories contradicting.
Speaker 2: H okay, fifteen for being thirteen for Christina still and what, No, we're not that's too easy. We're not doing that one. I thought I had hard ones. On the Beyond Yacht Rock podcast episode titled Woman of Yacht, I've never heard of this who takes the number one position in the countdown Women of Yacht? Okay, uh, you know what, I don't let me just okay, Yeah, it's kind of a complicated.
Speaker 1: I don't even understand the question. He's trying to stump you. He's worried about the number one woman of yacht.
Speaker 3: He's Jacob de Gram and he's trying to paint corners of perfect pictures to you because he knows you're holding a red wiffleball bat fat one. I feel so bad about the last one. I'm gonna tell you, I've never heard of whatever he's talking about.
Speaker 2: Who. There's just one podcast, okay, and the ever that I don't know who these people are saying is the number one woman. If I give you three options, okay, if you give me three options, and I can maybe guess Terry have been Nicol Larson, Diana Ross or Lauren Wood wagers.
Speaker 1: I'll wager three that he gets it right. Yeah, all do three gets it wrong?
Speaker 3: Then? Wow, you're saying he doesn't respect women when I'm on a date.
Speaker 1: I think it's Nicolette Larsen.
Speaker 2: That's incorrect. Lauren Wood was named number one woman of Yacht Thank you Sorry, Ben Ben goes down to twelve. Christina goes up to sixteen.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's really trying to stump you. He's you know, these are good, man, they are hard questions.
Speaker 2: In addition to cutting more than one single with Michael McDonald, James Ingram topped the Yacht Rock charts with a duet with which female singer, Oh, Patty Austin.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I knew he was gonna get it immediately, all of mine. I would like to apologize for getting kicked off the set.
Speaker 1: He's like, destroy good jump.
Speaker 3: They both get three points. Just fine.
Speaker 1: I'll take it. They're doing great.
Speaker 3: I apologize to you listener, how about this one?
Speaker 2: The Doobie Brothers were among the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twenty twenty inductees. What's of the following also joined.
Speaker 1: Them that year. Was it R E M? The Notorious b I G Or the Jay Giles Band? God, the Jay Giles Band? So good?
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 1: Centerfold?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He love runs Cold Angel. It is a centerfold. I understand this. This is not even. This is not even. This is not a rock ques.
Speaker 3: Interestingly enough, Peter Wolfe, who is the lead singer of the Jay Giles Band, was briefly married to Fade Downaway.
Speaker 1: I think that was a question. Okay, yeah, wager five.
Speaker 3: He gets it right, that he gets it right. Uh, this is not aut rock question. So it's your brothers, Yeah, right, Tangentially, I'm gonna say, uh, can I hear the question again?
Speaker 2: The Dewey Brothers were nominated into the Rock or inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Who joined them that year?
Speaker 2: Was it R E M?
Speaker 1: The Notori Big or the Jay Gals Band? All right, he'll know the answer to this.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna bet twelve that he gets it right. Oh I don't know the answer to this. Oh no, really he's going I'm guessing. I'm guessing that it's rim.
Speaker 1: Incorrect. Ben's nut has busted. Oh my, you did it? Suddenly the Daddy Trial, My God twenty one for Christina. Dang it.
Speaker 2: It was hard to find a bunch of yacht rock quizes, but there's a bunch about like everyone. You sit there and you go in, he's gonna know that he's gonna know that one. He's gonna know that one. Let me ask you this one. This is pretty easy, right. Which of the following artists is not considered a yacht rocker? No more way drink has Ben's, Robbie Dupree, bos Skaggs, Jackson.
Speaker 1: Brown, Jackson Brown. Why not?
Speaker 3: Uh, that's a good question. I think he's considered more of like the songwriters. He's more in the vein of the Eagles. And there's really only one Eagle song that is considered a yacht rock song, and that's I can't tell you why?
Speaker 1: How's that go? It can't tell you why? Right right right?
Speaker 3: And it's and it's because it sounds different than the rest of the Eagles catalog. It's basically what Daryl Hall was bitching about the other It's like, man, it's just R and B. Why is everybody freaking out? But by the way, I saw a video of Daryl Hole today singing She's a rich girl or something those and it looked just like Ashley Shaeffer BMW, I've been inspired.
Speaker 1: Will Ferrell fantastic? Do you have any more? Give the hardest one you got, Give me the hardest one I got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in my pants, I've been reaching there and get that question.
Speaker 2: I'm just kida okay, And what song would you find the following lyrics I was tired of my lady.
Speaker 3: Escape the Pina Colada song by Rupert Holmes.
Speaker 1: Oh, because it goes. I was tired of my lady.
Speaker 3: You know, he's got another really badass song about leaving a message on his answering machine.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, you know that one? Yeah, Mike Blake Shelton is that hang on now, it's been a while. It's been a while, it's been a while. What's how about you?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah, Now I'm a message at the tone and I'll get back to you. That one that's also Rupert. Yeah, he's a pretty clever song.
Speaker 2: Right go ahead, you rock trivia tonight Rollertown Beer Works in Saligna, Texas, where we've.
Speaker 1: Been Skinner invested in the balls.
Speaker 3: I'm heading there right now. Let's go, Let's go, Let's go Eat Tagos and talk yacht rock. I'll never forget the time KT tried to convince me that Rupert Holmes only had one good album. I looked him dead in the eye. He looked me back, and then he said, flirting is my superpower. And then I reached down in his pants. Uh, Christina is going to stick around and play some music here on the Eagle.
Speaker 1: There're you going well? I want to get my sack backed.
Speaker 3: Dude, Alright, enough fun in games.