Speaker 1: I'll make you a taco, sir. What would you like on it? Gus? Will you like on it? Sir?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What options do you have in there?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: We have chicken, ground beefs some dirty rice, got some black beans. Geez uh, the picaya. Okay, I will do that for you, sir.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me tell you what I want.
Speaker 1: What do you know? I'm just doing it for Gus. You don't count, all right, Gus, it seems like you've got reeling in the years for us. On Friday, I think we're two and two from the week.
Speaker 5: So let's let's deep six that right now.
Speaker 2: All right, all right?
Speaker 5: So these are some of the top ten songs f on this date. I think you recognize this one.
Speaker 2: Rock the cas Bo.
Speaker 1: Was nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 2: Now it's eighty two, aged one or two. Rock the Cat, I think it's eighty.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: The video for this song, yes I do. I had an Arma Dillo in it. I'm watching it right now. I forgotten it made no sense.
Speaker 1: What was that? Isn't the Kasbar some sort of German? Is that?
Speaker 2: What isn't this? It's Middle Eastern?
Speaker 3: Middle Eastern?
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, you're right, Chari don't like it.
Speaker 4: Really, you're so smart that it's eighty two is when this came out.
Speaker 1: That was when dalls used to teach stuff to kids before they're no learned.
Speaker 4: I learned it from music videos where we all learned it from. I wanted okay, man Eater song about New York City. By the way, did you know that?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that all kinds of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, New York City is the man Eater.
Speaker 1: Really I'm in eighty three. I'm eighty three or eighty four.
Speaker 2: No, there's no way it's eighty four.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I'm made eighty three, maybe eighty two, but I'm in eighty three because it's January.
Speaker 2: Well it's February.
Speaker 1: Oh it's right, I'm sorry February. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But still it's right there in that little window.
Speaker 1: Here she can she's a man.
Speaker 5: A little time we can hear some of these that actually play out what you say?
Speaker 1: You had one part? All right, I med eighty three. This is a good song.
Speaker 3: Can you do you know the words of this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I do not, Come on?
Speaker 3: You know some of this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I like this part.
Speaker 1: Was this? Both of them are solo one all of them. Oh you almost with the chorus almost with the chorus there no chorus is coming. I had this on my phone. Yeah, I got to tell my phone.
Speaker 5: There's like a number that you can call. It's the Hollow Notes hot line and this plays on it. Look it up, search for this. There's an actual phone line.
Speaker 1: Here's the chorus.
Speaker 2: Well, she's a man itta.
Speaker 1: It was just like it.
Speaker 2: I think he's not lying, it is. Uh.
Speaker 4: The Hall of Oats Hotline, known as it's known as Colin Oates is a song generater that plays Hall and Oates hits. The hot line number is seven to nine two six six seven.
Speaker 1: Nice. I remember a couple of years ago, I was in the locker room. I was talking to a buddy of mine and he was friends with one of the Brown the families, the Brown family, right, Uh, the super rich people in Louisville. Yeah, the Brown Yeah. One of the daughters was turning forty, so she had a private party and hired Hall of Oates to pay play her private party. And I was like, what was that bill? And he was like, now, this is ten or fifteen years ago, and he said five hundred grand for them to play a short shore like an hour or two, probably just acoustic guitar, just their hits, just their hits.
Speaker 2: Well, they hate each other.
Speaker 5: Now they're five hundred granted, and that like more than it would cost for a concert at like a major arena.
Speaker 2: One of them was suing the other one at the time.
Speaker 1: That's what they all switched to. The Eagles were doing it wonder. Yeah. All of them are like you find rich people and say, yeah, it's five hundred grand, I'll play your private party, and they're like, yeah, done, do it.
Speaker 3: They have sued each other.
Speaker 2: They that was recent. That's raising that they have nothing to do with each other anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're there.
Speaker 1: I don't know when we get there. Of course, you and not going to get there.
Speaker 2: I'm halfway there now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know you are all right.
Speaker 2: Next one, Oh, shame on the moon.
Speaker 4: Who sings it is a shame on the moon.
Speaker 3: It is shame on the moon. It's not the ones you hear verych.
Speaker 1: I was listening to kid rock the other day, egoes. When I was growing up, Bob Seeker was gospel music in our house. Bob Seekers was screaming through the speakers every day.
Speaker 3: Detroit, guys. That's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say I don't recognize this one as much as I do the others. But I think I'm still at eighty three. You're battling with eighty one. Eighty two.
Speaker 2: I like eighty two for this.
Speaker 3: I remember. This is a song you'd go into the pizza hut and it would be on.
Speaker 4: The rock box at church is elect It was a little it's like a little rectangle and you had to choose from it.
Speaker 3: That's right, Okay, you'll know this one immediately when you open in this. This will confuse you.
Speaker 2: Sexual healing.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know exactly.
Speaker 2: What Marvin Gay is nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 1: All right, I know you're feeling strong on.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's make love to Whight.
Speaker 1: I don't think he says Dwight.
Speaker 6: Let's make love to work. I'm hot, just locking oven. I need some loving, no boy, oh boy, let me throw a little.
Speaker 1: Both your wives, both your wives are driving around to it. Ye on a chance.
Speaker 2: It's getting longer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get longer, stronger and stronger.
Speaker 2: Sorry I had that, I had it wrong. Yeah, sorry, I thought it was long. It's getting longer, longer.
Speaker 3: You know this song came out there were people that refused to play this.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true. Yes, that's true. And I had some friends that are parents that were really weird. They would call the TV stations like fifty times in an hour. I was like, what's your mom and dad doing? Like, I don't know, they're crazy. They called like fifty times an hour. When the QMF did the when they took the shirt off and took the l RI shirt off and then put the QMF shirt back on as she turned around, they called like fifty times.
Speaker 2: And I have that shirt.
Speaker 1: I was like, what's all your parents?
Speaker 2: Kick Cass rock and Roll ninety six QMF.
Speaker 3: I remember that was a big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like that on my TV. Yeah, And then they were playing.
Speaker 1: I questioned what m q m F was, and so the somebody it got so big that the CJ called Diamond John, and Diamond John told him the truth, which was that he was an orphan and he was raised by a nun named sister Mary Francis, and that's what he named it after what's the Q part? Yeah, queen, he was not. He was not an orphan, neither new at sister. That's who I loved, That's who I learned radio from. By the way, Okay, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Marvin, we've heard enough of you.
Speaker 5: Hang on, so all right, you'll know this one when it starts to songs when they used to come out, you know, the.
Speaker 2: Minute work I come from too much?
Speaker 1: Right, But man, it's February, so I don't know, bro, this this was every other video on MTV.
Speaker 4: You know what with it being with it being February, it might be eighty three.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. It's eighty three.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, what was their other hit? Did they have another one?
Speaker 3: Who can it be?
Speaker 1: Now? Now?
Speaker 5: Give any sed you might in there for that taco? Get what any vegamites? It's something that ead in all straight?
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. It's in a can like spam.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, these are good choices.
Speaker 1: I will say, Gus, you're doing a fantastic job, maybe even better than Dave.
Speaker 4: Huh, I say, way better than that. Ye okay, I'm gonna as a matter of fact, Dave, who right?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: All right, let's get sandwich. Just get to the course.
Speaker 1: I always thought it was bite of my sandwich. I thought he was saying a bite of my sandwich.
Speaker 2: Of course, you did, you say Lopez Lopez.
Speaker 1: Nopez Lopez for stroke me stroked me.
Speaker 5: Hes Fred Lopez Lope, I gotta say, watching these videos all these years later, yeah they're pretty cheesy.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're bad. Really, technology was bad. We forget how much of a leap we've made with videos and TV.
Speaker 4: We were in the Southern covered hot tub listening to eighties music last night and I was talking about how Mark Goodman and all these VJs they go in the eighties bruises, and I said, you know what.
Speaker 1: They make more money doing that than they actually did when they were at MT. No.
Speaker 4: Absolutely they got I mean they got paid nothing. But my point was, if you were an eighties VJ, you're probably the most popular person on the planet right in the eighties on the planet.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he was pretty popular.
Speaker 7: Martha Martha, Martha Martha Quinn and then because she had the busky, the busty blonde, and then you had the little straight laced, straight hair, dark hair girl that was.
Speaker 1: Smarter or whatever. It was. The one that the.
Speaker 2: Rolling Stones have a new video coming out.
Speaker 1: Right, is that the last one?
Speaker 5: Hang on no, I got got the number one, number one one, number one, all.
Speaker 3: Right, number one on this day is certain many years ago.
Speaker 1: Africa, Toto Toto Africa.
Speaker 4: I'm saying I want to say eighty two, but I'll go eighty three just because we're in stupid February.
Speaker 1: I think that you were correct with the eighty two, and I think we're also correct by saying it's February, So it's it's nineteen eighty three. Because this screams my freshman year in high school.
Speaker 5: This is one you'll still hear all the time. This is like every Oh they still play this. Somebody did a remake of this.
Speaker 1: Okay, matter kill Majaro? All right, Uh, okay, we're gonna go Gus the Boss. We are two and two on the week to finish over five hundred, which we're not sure Kentucky basketball will do that in conference play.
Speaker 4: Hey man, you say stupid stuff like showing your ignorance, Man, showing you're ignorance.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 5: Boss Toto by Africa was number one on this date, nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 3: Very good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, wow, boy, three and two for the week. I'm exhausted, Bosh, Cherry Knight, who do we have?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, don't forget Jefferson County. Oh, bargain supply Jefferson County public schools out today and tomorrow on Monday. That might extend because there's so many not just students out with the flu, the teachers are out with the flu. Oldham County the same story. Shepherdsville and Bullet County, all those schools are doing the same stories. But they are going to keep their sporting events. So if a Friday night or a Saturday basketball game or whatever wrestling match, that's going to continue to go on. But be aware that that might continue if you are one of those people that have a little stay home yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically, I think we need tougher flu laws. Yeah, I think we need some two laws. Yeah yeah, yeah. Bargains Supply. My wife and I are about to go in there and get all new appliances for the remodel we're doing at the house. We've decided to stay and knock out a wall. That's what we're gonna do, so all new appliances. Guess what, all the appliances we have are all bargain Supply, allien so check them out. They have the biggest variety. If you go to a box store, they're gonna give you two choices, right, here's your two different styles of stoves. If you go to Bargain Supply, they have every manufacturer known to man, including the international ones. They've got an Italian gas stove sixteen thousand dollars. I'm not getting that one because I can't. She's not gonna let me do that, but they have it in there. You got chick them out. Bargain Supply East Jefferson Street got their own parking lots in the New Low area real quick.
Speaker 4: Going to social media, Darren Lancaster says that vegga might is a spread like jelly, tastes like salt.
Speaker 1: I thought it was meat.
Speaker 4: Jeff Parker says, yes, d White Whitten is the pickled egg eating champion of Saint Andrew's Boss.
Speaker 2: I was there. Thank you, j Parker.
Speaker 1: You have a dog back after this news radio eight forty w h A s.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's a great song, doom mine, don't really when you age.
Speaker 3: Also from the same year that you all.
Speaker 1: Just nineteen eighty three. I was a freshman in high school Standing Hampton and in nineteen seventy two Volkswagen No. I had that the next year.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, then, have you ever ridden in a real Volkswagen bug before he is your opportunity.
Speaker 1: It was the exact same. Thank you bad Tony even Ettie. I do have some sad news.
Speaker 2: Why do you got it? It's a Friday, dude, Why you gotta do this?
Speaker 1: Our former traffic director that used to fly the helicopter around at WHS, Mark Travis's passed away. What so I want to just mention that because he was a big part of our success for so long, and it is sad news, and it just kind of hit me hard because I love the guy. He was just like he would do anything for you. He's one of those employees that you asked me to do it, he didn't. He was doing it before you even ask This is horrible. My favorite part about him was sometimes he would have to go to the bathroom and he would land the helicopter and our front lawn, yeah, and running and go to the bathroom leaving the helicopter, uh, basically running on the front lawn and he would run and go to the bathroom and we'd say what is Mark doing in Mark would run back and if anybody wants to know what helicopter he had, remember.
Speaker 4: Mass That's exactly what the big bubble, The bubble, the bubble helicopter.
Speaker 1: It was. It was very small, and he took chances in that thing that normal people would not. He flew through some crazy stuff. But he was great because he would he'd fly over where the wreck was and he'd go there as a mattress in the middle of the expressway, a truck hit it. Here's what happened there on to it get off here. He was so because he was on the scene. So if there's a wreck unfolding somewhere, he'd just fly right over there and he'd tell you, really what was going on at the time. And I know because the budget restraints and everything else, and no one really has helicopters anymore, but it was, it was. It was a It was a great tool for us and and Mark Travis, you will be missed and I and I thought some prayers to his family absolutely, So there you go. All right, So the Big super Bowl, our Super Bowl is happening on Sunday, kickoffs around six thirty. We talked to Salcerenas a little bit earlier, and everybody's enjoying the Sauceerena's Fiesta pack. But I gotta be honest with both of you, guys, I this is the least first. Yeah, I know, normally, what's what's the what's.
Speaker 4: The cornerstone of any healthy relationship is built on lies?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's the truth.
Speaker 1: It's the truth. So, uh, I gotta tell you this is the first. I can't tell you. The least excited I've been for a Super Bowl is this one. And I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Well have you seen? It's not just you?
Speaker 4: And of course I haven't watched for it's going on my.
Speaker 2: Eighth seventh year. But anyway, ticket prizes have been dropping by the thousands. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But if you do want to get a suite for the Super Bowl, that's going to sit you back three million.
Speaker 2: I would think that all the sweets have gone.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, what did you say? Three million?
Speaker 2: Three million dollars?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I oh you meant a hotel?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, a swite at Guarantee is a Mercedes Benz Dome?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the.
Speaker 1: Super Dome, Caesar Super that's Atlanta.
Speaker 4: So I would imagine that all the sweets have gone right now. But for Super Bow, fifty nine three million dollars was the cost to get the sweet Here's what it includes, of course, the suite it could accommodate up to forty five guests. You get a special catered menu consisting.
Speaker 1: Of Okay, these prices are crazy, right, but it's like the Derby where it's priced out normal people or normal people can do one and not every year.
Speaker 4: I think the Super Bowl has been priced out for the normal fan for for a long time.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, I was.
Speaker 4: We were talking just the other day on the show. In nineteen eighty nine, A buddy mine was really high up at Coca Cola USA out Los Angeles and the Giants were playing the Bills in Super Bowl twenty five. He said, you want to go and get tickets at face value? I said, yeah, face value is fifteen hundred dollars a ticket in nineteen eighty nine dollars.
Speaker 1: It was the famous greatest national anthem ever, Whitney Houston, Whitney Houston. What was the year?
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty nine?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, wrong time? Which one was? Whitney Houston. Whitney Houston sang right after nine to eleven? I thought it was nine to eleven, and then they played the game. No, am I wrong, I'm wrong, I'm wrong. No, No, no, I can look it up. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whitney Houston singing the national anthem is the greatest rendition at Eddie sporting events in the history in the history of sporting events.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's just the best ever. Let's go right now. Ninety one ninety one.
Speaker 1: Was the invasion of Iraq. It was the invasion of Iraq, That's what it was.
Speaker 2: So ninety one would have been Redskins.
Speaker 1: No, it was the Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Played Buffalo, right, Redskins Buffalo because Buffalo went three years in a row.
Speaker 2: Story with the.
Speaker 1: Giants, I thought in the NFC East and then remember Doug Williams was the backup quarterback, right, it was a big the first time a black quarterback was going to win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a Giants.
Speaker 4: How do you not know this, Dwight, No Giants was Oh that was ninety ninety one.
Speaker 1: Ninety ninety one the Iraq War we wanted in a weekend. Remember we won the entire war in two days. We kind of just decimated the fourth largest army in the world, which sent a message around the world of we don't care how big you are, we will spend a weekend dismantling the fourth biggest army in the world. I think sport. There's a video you can look on YouTube, and I know it's chasing Squirrel, but it's called the Last Great Tank Battle because the Iraqis had like a thousand tanks and they did a lot of great They did a love stuff to uh, to combat what we're about to happen to them. We lost zero. They lost every single one of their tanks. Well, they back a thousand. They buried him in the sae. Some of them they did, yeah, some of them they did. So our tank commanders are some of them that had a picture of the German general, the Desert Fox Rommel, and they would put enemies in there after they captured them from Rack. And Rack was like, why do you have your former enemy picture on the wall And the guy said, well, if you'd just studied his tactics, maybe we'd be sitting in your tank instead of us.
Speaker 4: Anyway, the Super Bowl, if you want a Swede's gonna run you three million dollars for the suite. You get forty five guests, You get a cater menu that can consist of big easy bites.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: Uh, And oh okay, it's they're appetizers. They would be muffelitas, poe boys, gumbos, and crab claws. So it's all Cajun food. I would like that, and then the top chef liquor would be like Johnny Walker.
Speaker 2: And Don Julio.
Speaker 1: Right, hang on one second.
Speaker 2: The resultants that are record one point three nine billion dollars will be wagered on.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl fifty nine had eleven percent increase from last year.
Speaker 1: Wow, one point seven billion dollars. And that's the legalized stuff, that's the stuff done on apps. It's eleven percent jump from last year.
Speaker 2: Well, if Democrat Senator Brian Schatz and Republican Senator Ted Cruz, Ryan Way, Brian Shatz c or Schatz shats.
Speaker 1: What a horrible last name, what a terrible what a curse?
Speaker 2: I think it's hot. You like to cat?
Speaker 1: All right? Thank you, thank you for your input. Will you finished the stupid what you can buy in the box story?
Speaker 2: That's already I did it. Oh, I'm pay attention. This is a totally different one.
Speaker 1: This is I tune out every once in a while when you're notice.
Speaker 4: That if Democrat Senator Brian Shatz and Republican Senator Ted Cruz have their way. Uh, social media will be banned from anyone's thirteen years old or younger.
Speaker 2: I say, yeah, baby, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Nobody under thirteen needs me on their phone, tick talking.
Speaker 4: Even though this hurdle has passed, there's still going to be substantial.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know we should do is give a ten year old a platform has reached worldwide.
Speaker 2: We just run their life.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's make sure pedophiles and all that can get a hold of said ten year old very very easy.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not.
Speaker 1: It's so dumb stupid, like the human race will look back on it. Really, the transition of social media and the internet was really rough on us as a species. And we then we figured it out. Okay.
Speaker 4: Even though they is a support of these two senators, there is opposition among this bill lobbyist of tech industries. In fact, there's one. There's one tech industry group called Fight for the Future. The advocates their advocates for free expression online. Their rebuttal on this is very dwight witness. They said this bill is a pathetic fart.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: I'm dead serious. That is the quote from this organization.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's going to be effective. That's going to be effective. Argument on the on the I.
Speaker 2: Bet it they taking the court. Yuh huh, yeah, uh uh.
Speaker 1: Here's one thing. Look, I when the Life three sixty app came out, it was good and John, you'll know this when you get when your kid gets a little older. Whenever I was a kid, my parents have me on Life three. Oh no kidding, you're that young. Oh jeez. But I finally took John off it because it drove him crazy, because his mother would call him and go, what you know what?
Speaker 2: I saw?
Speaker 1: You were there and he called me and go, Dad, I got to get off that thing. I said, done. I'll delete it and tell you truth. It's much happier experience as a parent, not knowing that he's somewhere at three in the morning where shouldn't be. But Maggie still on it and Jackie still on it or I am on it, so your track, people, I kin't if my kid's ten years old.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what you know, Susan, I don't participate in that because we're not weirdos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you, but if you had kids, I got a kid, if you got kids. But here's where it also me, here's the thing that you should do. I might have partakeed a little too much at a bats game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's me every bats game.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I needed a ride, so I left my car there. I was like, I can't drive, So Jackie used a Life three sixty and I tried to describe where on which side of the stadium I was walking the side off and she goes, no, No, I got you till she tracked the person all the way. You just go go to that person and the directions take you right to me, which was gotta tell you rather than arguing going no the other side. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You know how I was gonna found out where my wife's at?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a texta go, hey, Susan, where are you? No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they both of you have been drinking and you're trying to decide where the stadium is, I can see how that goes south. But no, go ahead and make fun of Life three sixty.
Speaker 4: Well, I would never go to an event and drink without my wife because I love my.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: Victims of ransomware attacks are paying out less and less. As a matter of fact, in twenty twenty four, victims of ransomware attacks have paid out thirty six percent less. They just said, hey, who cares? A new data from a study founds that when people's computers are getting taken care over, they just don't care.
Speaker 2: I haven't had.
Speaker 1: Isn't This is this where AI can help, RIGHTAI like hey? Hey? Like inside the computer, the AA is like hey, It's like it's like white blood cells. Who are you? Or the guy that works the door, the bouncer, Hey, hey, who are you? I don't trust this. I don't trust this virus. We're going to close the door on you. Bam.
Speaker 2: Doesn't Norton security. They're supposed to do that, right or not? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think computers in the Internet it's a fad anyway. So a couple, a couple more MUDs, more MUDs, and all this be ond to the.
Speaker 1: Next big thing, unlimited landscapes. Folks, look in your backyard. You're like, man, we got to do something. I want to stay here. I want to make something cool here. Put a pool with the deck and all the amenities. Right, And you're saying, I don't know if my space fits that. Oh they'll they'll make sure it works. They have architects and engineers that will go into space. Well, they put dirt in, take one hundred trucks of dirt out, doesn't matter. They'll make it work. Swim up bar. You've got the you know, the place where you can change out back like a canteena area they can build for you. And of course their lands. You know, they've got the landscaping and stuff so they can make it look like a jungle. It is Unlimited Landscapes. They've been around for thirty years. Known the owner since I was fifteen years old is great guys, Tee Butler, So he's been putting pools in for twenty years, so you could trust him. They'll get it done right and change your entire life by doing something like that to your home. It's great. So Unlimited Landscapes dot Com to get a hold of them and let's start and start talking about that process now in the spring over here, why you know it all right back after this shortbreak, don't forget Crusade for Children. Trivia's coming up here in just a couple of minutes. Maddie McCarthy's gotta be end.
Speaker 2: Maddie McCarthy.
Speaker 1: He's gotta do it with US news. Rady wait for the w an chance