Speaker 1: John Anderson from Yes joins the show in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: John h h ten million dollar ham again. It went for ten million last year.
Speaker 3: Did this that sound a nice thing to say about John Anderson?
Speaker 1: It's not, man, it's not very This might be rare.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to him in a couple of minutes. He actually one of his songs and you and I I there's only a couple of songs I believe to be perfect songs, and that is one of them. So we'll talk to him. It's he's a very interesting person. He's got some new music.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask him to sing on over the wa Please don't do that. I know our time is limited with you before we get into the interview, can you just sing and sing at Acapoco.
Speaker 2: I can listen this song all day plus it's ten minutes long. In the old DJ days, it's a good p P song. Yeah, and he got a Vita was the best because it was like.
Speaker 1: Pig Floyd Pigs, three different ones. Yep. That's when you knew somebody was getting some action.
Speaker 2: So as the Kentucky State Fair ten million dollars for the ham, I I don't know what the charity is again, it's now escaping me, same one. It's head for a while, all right, and then popcorn is in town.
Speaker 1: We're all gathered to talk about our favorite episodes and spirited conversations on which fan fiction star Trek? Yeah, thanks novel, that's the best.
Speaker 3: I wonder who the celebrities are that we drew for Louisville's version of comic Con.
Speaker 1: What's it called now again?
Speaker 4: Popopcorn, popcom Louisville.
Speaker 2: This is how a lot of people, that's how they make their money.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: They were, they were they had a part in like a Jaw's three or something, and they show up and sign autographs for three thousand dollars a day or whatever.
Speaker 3: Remember the classic Shatner skid from mesn Now when he got out in front of the comic Con Yes group and.
Speaker 4: Said, get alive, get a life.
Speaker 1: Well Ethan Peck, who evidently he plays the pointy yard guy star Trek. Strange New Worlds.
Speaker 4: In Strange New world.
Speaker 1: Did you not watch The New Worlds Tuesday?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: They got stuck on planet Morphia and at.
Speaker 3: Least there was no pain.
Speaker 4: No one ever escapes Morphia, no, no to anybody.
Speaker 1: Else yeah, Christina Chong, she's she's from Star Trek any other besides Star Trek doctor who.
Speaker 2: It is fun to go down there and just people watch. Oh absolutely, it's just great. Everybody's dressed up like Princess Leah or Darth Vader's or for people.
Speaker 1: To word on have to talk through their calledorn. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Well, they take it very.
Speaker 2: They take it very seriously. So if there's two opposing horses on any video game, they run into each other, they kind of eyeball each other for a little while.
Speaker 3: If you want to see a funny sky go to YouTube Triumph the Insult comic Dog. Oh yeah, talking to people waiting in line to see the new Star Wars.
Speaker 4: It's hilarious. It is.
Speaker 3: Guy takes off a Stormtrooper head. He's goofy looking. He goes, don't put it back on?
Speaker 1: Put it back.
Speaker 2: One reminds you the convention is going to be live here on news radio waight forty whas tonight at ten o'clock and then well, of course we'll have highlights in the morning with Tony Cruz the next day. Today is the last day for the DNC, and then the run of I think seventy two days till the election will be on. You'll have your candidates, your VP picks, and it's all in.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to show you the picture of one of the guests.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, yeah, yeah, you know what. Good for them if it can make money.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I'm not the demo.
Speaker 2: Well, because our buddy Charlie still used to go to these things. Probably basically they just you stand in line all day, so you stand in line to get the autograph of the guy that played you know, Darth Vader or whatever the guy was.
Speaker 1: I don't know any of these.
Speaker 3: The guy that was in the James Earl No, yeah, of course, was that Mayhew. No, that's that was that Chewbacca.
Speaker 1: I know this guy. The guy's name Stephen Ogg. He's uh, he was in The Walking Dead. He was I don't know the character's name though, Zombie sixteen. No, he was a zombie at counter.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: He was like Megan's right hand man.
Speaker 3: Oh gotcha, yea, I know what character's name.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything.
Speaker 3: We gave up on that. It got kind of boring, yeah, and hard to follow.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: The non compete band is blocked by a federal judge. You remember last year BIDE administration ban on non compete agreements was set to take effect next month. The Federal Trade Commission this year banned most non compete agreements, which keeps employee obviously from leaving their jobs to work for a competitor. The US Chamber of Commerce and other groups sued, arguing the ban would make it harder for companies to retain talent. A district judge in Texas agreed yesterday. An FTC spokesman spokesperson said the agency is strongly considering an appeal. Non competes at.
Speaker 4: A stands for Fed Twade Commission.
Speaker 2: I get a non compete, as in you can't take your clients with you. But I just always thought non compete were ridiculous. We have you're firing me.
Speaker 1: We don't know compete.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't want.
Speaker 2: Me, but you're not gonna allow me to work in my industry for six months.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. We signed it. Hey, here's your no compete and we get fired. You can't work for a your OOKU. We signed it.
Speaker 3: Either that or don't take the job.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, but I think it's uh yeah, but I think it's also it's cutting half if you don't take the severance.
Speaker 4: But in most cases.
Speaker 2: But I just always thought non competes were crazy, especially in radio and television, where it's like you fired me, won't let me work, you don't think I have any value.
Speaker 1: So you can't say anything negative about the company that fires you during the severance package. But day one after that severance package, window shuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Would you just go scorts to Earth on social media?
Speaker 3: No, no, you can't live like that.
Speaker 1: I would, I'd tell it all of course you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, baby, had let our bosses know that now right, well, you know, move on.
Speaker 1: I'm going full on sports to Earth.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what the Bible says about not forgiving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's against it. It's again it again, it's again again it Uh. Okay, I didn't know you could do that. You can blur your home image on Google Maps.
Speaker 4: Huh. I guess for the paranoid.
Speaker 2: It's becoming trendy for people to blur images of their homes on Google Maps. People are doing this as a precaution against burglaries and home invasions.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 2: If you want to jump in the trend, here's how you do it. Users must enter their address and Google Maps and select street view. Go to settings and select report a problem. From there, users can request that Google blur portions of their house. It may take a while for the changes it'll be made.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna rob that blurry house?
Speaker 4: Where is it?
Speaker 1: You know what I hate is the way your information gets just put out there and then you have to opt out of it.
Speaker 4: Yes, correct, make it.
Speaker 1: I mean that's so to opt in in. Yes, you know what I'm saying, Like, my different stuff is out there than I.
Speaker 4: Remember the phone book.
Speaker 2: Ye give your damn address, your phone number, your address. It's like and then the old days they gave you your job like whatever, you were a baker, a butcher maker, and it would show that you're probably a single female.
Speaker 3: Hey, Shirley Wilson lives at one two three Maple Street.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just uh, I heard back from the people at h you know, from yesterday I had my catamine therapy.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, so I heard I heard in a very allergetic message you were sending.
Speaker 4: Yeah that yeah, and oh boy, what happened?
Speaker 1: They just it looks like Maddie replied back, you were perfectly fine yesterday. But I will pass this along to him.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, yesterday was a little bit of a they're.
Speaker 1: Not going to tell you no, of course not right.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, there's a level of inappropriate you were already.
Speaker 1: At all right, all right, absolutely if.
Speaker 2: You go above it a little bit, you know how hard, you know, how how bad could it be?
Speaker 1: And then my sister in law, poor Kathy Tyler Young, she was picking me up because Susan had some political deals. So I come to her. She's on the couch, so I start saying all these disparaging things, means stuff, all this horribly mean stuff to her, only to go, oh, no, it's that's not me, Kathy, it's the Kenemine, and that would start all over again. She was taking me up. I think we might have looks like Dave's working on you. Oh you are. We're supposed to be h were we supposed to call them?
Speaker 4: We'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at it right now. I thought he was. That explains while.
Speaker 2: We're we're gonna talk to John Anderson here from yes, I will tell you after the break or after we talked to him, and we'll get to the bottom.
Speaker 4: What lego means oho?
Speaker 1: Is that an acronym for something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, they were having a hard time connecting with us. Now I'm dialing them and it's just ringing and ringing and ringing.
Speaker 4: So we're not gonna we're not gonna get him.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna get him.
Speaker 4: Hello, everybody that's not Johnny on the show?
Speaker 1: Which one? I'm ready to take your question.
Speaker 4: You sound like you're working at the fair.
Speaker 1: So what was it like being in Yes, Oh that's a really good experience.
Speaker 6: We had a lot of musical instruments and we would go from tow to fro. Thank you, John, You're welcome to thank you, Tony, thank you. We had lots of good musical experiences.
Speaker 2: It looks like he's still trying such as he's still trying playing.
Speaker 4: We're not going to get him those all right, thank you. You're not John Anderson, No, you're not sure.
Speaker 6: You weren't.
Speaker 1: Hear it? Oh? Heart owner heart's much Wow, John Anderson didn't. He sounded different.
Speaker 2: So on the interview, we'll do the lego thing. Now, doesn't do the lego. Even if we do, we're gonna have five minutes with him.
Speaker 4: So all right.
Speaker 2: So lego is an acronym. They are maybe the most favorite toy of all time is the lego.
Speaker 1: They're fun to step on in the middle of the home.
Speaker 2: Like when John I threw away tens of thousands of those little damn things.
Speaker 1: You probably shouldn't have. Then here's why you sell them. Yeah, my nephews them.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 1: He's in college. Should right now, he's graduated from college.
Speaker 4: I should have kept him right.
Speaker 1: And he'll build all these damn level things and they're like hundreds of dollars. Because I thought we were getting off the hook early, because I said, hey, what do you want for his birthday? His mother said, well this x y Z lego, said him on twenty bucks, like two hundred bucks easily. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was founded in nineteen thirty two by old Kirk Christensen. Okay, okay, because it's not I think it's Danish Danish technology. He's said to have created the legendary name by abbreviating the Danish leg got leg got.
Speaker 4: That's Danish. Teaching you language.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: I wish when I was in Yes, I wrote a song about getting some legs.
Speaker 2: I wish Lance McGarvey was here to teach us leg got translating as play well translates. Okay. According to the Huffington Posts. Legers are so popular. If you have a Vented set in its mint box, there's a four hundred percent return rate on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'm gonna see what's the most expensive legs?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they're I mean, the Star Wars stuff is huge.
Speaker 1: And he just came out with the Jaws one. I don't know how many people said that to me.
Speaker 4: I please show Okay, fifteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: No, this is on Amazon right now. Oh oh, here we go. Yes, hang on. New stuff from John Anderson to the band geeks. Let's hear a little bit of this focus. You got to hear this. You got to hear this. Wow. That's all I can say is we bring him in right now. John Anderson, hey man, sorry about the problems on getting you on late, John, but we appreciate you taking time out of your day. We heard this new record and it's phenomenal. We reached out and you were kind enough to do the show. All I can say is, Wow, how long did you guys take to get this record off the ground, because it's amazing.
Speaker 5: Well, how you doing. Basically we started in November. We actually toured together for the first time lost August and at the end of the tour, I said, Richie, do we make an album? So November came in December, January, February it was finished. I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: How did you hook up with the band Geeks?
Speaker 5: A friend of mine forever sent me a video of these guys singing and playing hard in the Sunrise classic Yes song, and they were just having so much fun. I couldn't believe how good they were and are pure. They sounded more like yes than yes to me. So I got in touch with the bass player Richie and said, hey, Richie, it's John Anderson. Richie, can you hear me? It's I love the video. Why don't we go on tour together? And he said, are you sure it is?
Speaker 4: Who is this guy?
Speaker 5: Did twelve shows and I got to know each other and started in the album in November and it's out now. It's coming out this week and it's it's a miracle for me musically speaking, that we did this and then we just get on so well. The gods, the musical god said okay, John, you can have a break. Now here's the band you've been waiting for.
Speaker 4: Yes is uh?
Speaker 2: We all all three of us were in news are news now, But we all did rock radio for our start of our careers, and yes, was always in high rotation even though you had it didn't have a traditional classic rock sound to per se, but you you just you know, program directors and radio stations love your music and always in high rotation. One of my favorite songs to play, and I think it's a perfect song is and You and I. Is it ever hit you sometimes when you when you get a song like that and you really knock it out of the park, and you think that could be In my opinion, I think it's as close to a perfect song as there is.
Speaker 5: John Well I and we do it on stage now, you know, I'm You and I and it's magical. Is fifty years later, you know, and the audience is there and they love the band, They love the work we're doing now. And a lot of people have heard some of the songs from the new album and just can't wait to buy it. It's a great and.
Speaker 1: Very very thankful And listen, I think you're proof that age is just a number. You're gonna return eighty and you're gonna be out there. The new record sounds amazing. Your voice is still there, and you're gonna be touring and this is the hell of a show. Special guest, the return of Emerson Lincoln Palmer. Unfortunately we're out of time, John. I'm so sorry about the technical difficulties we had. Man. We'd love to have you back anytime you want. But this new record absolutely terrific.
Speaker 5: Brother, Thank you, Tony, Dwight and Dave.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. John.
Speaker 1: There you go, John Anderson, Wow, Man, and this new record.
Speaker 6: Listen to this. Yeah, this is the other John Anderson.
Speaker 1: I think it's pretty too.
Speaker 3: Thank you bad John Anderson.
Speaker 1: Who do we have?
Speaker 4: I love that you agree with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's as perfect as song as you can get. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: Zero s oh, zero res.
Speaker 1: Baby, how about this? Buy two rooms, get two rooms. That's right, you heard me right. If you buy two rooms of carpet to get clean with zero res, the best of the best, you're gonna get two rooms thrown in absolutely free. Let's get those carpets ready for the fall, and let's do it with zero res. Schedule easily online at zero Resluisville dot com. Stick around Denise Pellegrini on the way, and then Greg Galliett joins the show. Lost to get to the news radio eight forty whas all right, News Radio eight forty eight WS. I'm Dwight Witten. That's Dave Jennings. Tony Vinetti is here too. Greg Galliet joins the show at the bottom of the hour, before we talk to Denise PALEGREENI I want to tell you, how about a vacation right there in your own backyard. You know what I'm talking about, don't you. Southern Comfort hot Tub. You want to reconnect with the ones you love or the one that you love. There you go a Southern covered hot tub, no phones, no tablets, no televisions, just you and the one you love enjoying a nice relaxing soak with massages and the music of your choice. Is how Susan and I in just about every single day, and we love it. You're gonna love it too. And if you think you can't afford a hot tub, please think again. Hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month, and right now, Southern Comfort Hot Tub is running their end of summer cell hot tubs up to fifty percent. I mean a ton of them marked fifty percent off seventy five h one percent highway. When you use twelve months same as cash, it makes it easy. You're gonna your Southern comfort hot tub and you're gonna love this report.
Speaker 7: Possibly HiT's tomorrow that's from.
Speaker 1: Denise Palogrini, or is it going to be a bad report?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean stocks are down right now, that's part of the problem that US yields are rising, and that's on bets that fed Chair J. Powell when we do hear him speak tomorrow at Jackson Haw, Wyoming might downplay the prospect for big cuts and that would certainly throw a bit of cold water on market expectations for you know, as much of a one percentage point rate cut by the end of this year. So that's what's going on right now. A little bit of interest rate cut withdrawal, you might say. Right if you're looking for a little bit of bling for a loved one, how about this second biggest diamond ever found in a mine in Botswana, made using X ray technology. That's how they found it. This uncut gem is found at this project run by this Canadian company. I was looking at the picture up on Bloomberg dot Covit shows as thing either the person holding it has like a miniature hand or this thing is huge, okay, like what baseball or what bigger than baseball? Baseball and diamond diamond bigger than a baseball, not quite as big as a softball because it's a little uneven, but closer to softball size than baseball size. I would say, it's not clear what the quality is. But I mean if someone gave it to me, I wouldn't see.
Speaker 4: Of course, Yeah, yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 2: A steel tycoon is going to give it to his fiance Rose and they'll call it the Heart of the Heart of the Ocean.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be worth undreds of dollars.
Speaker 7: I can say is Rose is not going to be able to wear that around her neck without dragging it on the floor, because that thing is And the other thing I want to tell you about football season of course, here Popeye is coming out with a new wing flavors, Sweet and Smoky Chipotle is the flavors. They of course, it's part of their push to be the official wing of watching football. That it's their whole thing, the wing thing. Crispy Kream out with its limited edition football donuts meantime, and they're partnering with Doctor Pepper for this starting tomorrow. According to Food and Wine, on the twenty third, these twenty three original Doctor Pepper flavels will be featured on these donuts. So you can get a donut with the what the frosting in the flavor of all the different original Doctor Pepper soda flavors. No thanks, I I mean personally, I think the one sponsoring this have to be the American Dentalists.
Speaker 4: Of course, the eighty eight.
Speaker 7: I mean, this cannot be good for.
Speaker 4: Enamel on your teeth.
Speaker 3: Got the numbers for us, den ease.
Speaker 4: Oh no, let's skip those.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got the numbers of the too is down one hundred and sixty one points and P five hundred down nineteen nesdeck now ninety eight. As we wait for fet Chair, as we've been talking about, as you guys been talking about all morning, to come out tomorrow and talk to us about his view about interest rates. We'll see if he pours cold water on hopes for a half point rate cut. In September with the News radio eight forty whs Bloomberg Money Report, I'm Denise Pellgreedy.
Speaker 4: All right, folks, you see it as you come.
Speaker 2: If you're coming from Indiana and you're coming home after a long road trip.
Speaker 4: What do you see first? Slugger field baby baseball.
Speaker 1: What if I were to tell you, what if I were to tell you there's a place that you could go to get two dollars beers, three dollars chicken tenders.
Speaker 3: I'd say, you're lying.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not lying. At slugger Field Babies. We bring in Greg Galliat l Presidentia.
Speaker 8: How you doing, Greg, I'm good looking, good man. I'm doing better on our offense. Right now we go. We gotta score some more runs. We've been a little bit dry lately, so hopefully we'll get a go in the night. And tonight it's gonna be a cool night at the ballpark for a couple of reasons. One, we've got a big time Louisville celebrity throwing out a ceremonial pitch ul basketball head coach Pat Kelsey.
Speaker 3: Taking them ound excellent.
Speaker 8: We'll turn on the radar gun and see what Pat's Okay?
Speaker 4: Is he gonna you think he'll throw from the rubber? Oh?
Speaker 8: Okay, knowing coaches I do the short time been around him, yet.
Speaker 3: He dressed like an astronaut, no doubt.
Speaker 8: No, he'll be here, probably dressed like a bats player, so I'm looking forward to that. But number two, we have the number one prospect for the Cincinnati Reds who was just drafted in the twenty twenty three draft. Right behind Paul Skens is the number two overall pick. His name is Rhet Louder, wake Forest graduate who took Wake Force to the College Baseball World Series for the first time in like sixty something year, seven years.
Speaker 4: He's on the mountain tonight.
Speaker 8: He's been in Single A this year, Double A, and now with us.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 8: Well, the Reds are very conservative with their pitchers as far as development. They are rushing this guy through. He's very polished, got a nasty change up, hits about ninety four ninety five on a fastball, really sharp control, So I mean they're moving him through quickly. So we'll get a look at him for the first time the night and that should be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: You'll probably have to correct me on this. I'm i maybe even remembering wrong. I read an article I think it was last week and the week before. Does Pat Kelly have a son that's not playing? Is the first father son? What's going on there? One of the few that have ever happened in baseball history. His son Casey helped take kob in the Korean League to the championship there in twenty twenty three. Casey, I think is thirty four, has pitched with the Giants and some other major league clubs here in the States, went over to the overseas and did very well and became a big name. But he is now back here and the Red sign him and he's with the Louisville Bats and he's on our pitching staff, so.
Speaker 8: It's pretty cool cool. And I was joking with Pat the other day, I go, so, how's it fuel to go out there to the mountain because your son's a starting pitcher and you take the ball away from show to your room. So we had a good chuckle over that. But he's excited because obviously Casey brings his kids, which is Pat's grandkids to Louisville now, so Pack has the same time with them. And I think we got a lot of the Kelly family actually here this whole weekend in a little mini family reunion. So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I saw where Joey Vado retired guys at the age of forty. What's Joey's legacy with the Reds.
Speaker 8: I mean super solid. The thing, this is the big debate about Joey. Has Joey put up good enough numbers to possibly, you know, garner serious Cooperstown consideration. The last couple of years, his batting average at the major league level really dropped off, taking him down below three hundred. So again, has he accumulated assimulated enough numbers to get him into the Hall, that's the great question. It'll be close, it'll be close, But we enjoyed our time. I mean, obviously, Joey did several injury rehab stints here with the Bats, so we got to know him pretty well. And Joey's a very you know, intense guy, very detailed and you know, once you get to know him, he's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: In the end, did his contract hurt the Reds?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 8: I think it hampered him in certain ways. The Homer Bailey contract certainly didn't help before that, right, right, because so that's when the team is really humming and could have made some more moves. So, you know, it remains to be seeing.
Speaker 1: Joey Vado forty, even if he does look it at Cooperstown. He's got one hundred and ten million reasons.
Speaker 4: Well, it's hard to get in.
Speaker 8: Okay, it's hard.
Speaker 2: It's hard to get in. But Adam Lefgo used to say this. He goes, you know, throw out the stats and all that. He believes people belong in the Hall of Fame. If you can't talk about that era of baseball without him, then he belongs in the hall or that person.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk promotion, because tonight, Thursday night, is always the night to be at bats.
Speaker 8: Two dollars beers, I heard media, happy heart, Yeah, three.
Speaker 1: Dollars chicken tender. Still it's three dollars.
Speaker 8: Chicken tendors, three dollars regular Nacho's, two dollars twelve ounce cans of Cords light and Miller lights. And from five thirty until eight thirty, So soon as we open the gates and it's at any stand that sells beer, we'll accept that. And then tomorrow night, of course, it's Margarita Madness, Tomorrow night with number one tequila number on discounted Margarita's to we have fireworks tomorrow night thanks to our friends over at Local five oh two plumbers and pipe fitters. And tomorrow night is Margaritaville night at the ballpark. So we're going to have the fans will be receiving Hawaiian leg's when they come in. We'll have a kind of a Hawaiian theme, a Jimmy Buffett type theme with music throughout the night. Saturday Night should be a lot of fun. It's River Bat Night. It's our twenty fifth celebration of the ballpark of Slugger Field. Oh whoa, we're bringing back of the two thousand Louisville River Bats. Dave Miley will be in attendance.
Speaker 1: Twenty five years.
Speaker 4: Incredible to show there from the outfield. Wow.
Speaker 8: The Bats will play that night in their old purple and green Yeah, and the purple and green hats with the old river Bats logo. We'll be giving away cooler lunch bags to the first thousand fans with the river Bats old logo on it with the colors.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: So, Saturday Night should be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Is birds are going to be there too.
Speaker 8: Birds will be there entertained.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: One of the more popular entertainers in minor league baseball.
Speaker 4: So okay, so you know, a little villions.
Speaker 2: When it's the Goldilocks temperature, they come out yep and tonight.
Speaker 4: Seriously, So my first pitch.
Speaker 2: We all know the breeze comes off the river, So if it's seventy six seventy seven degrees, it's a little it's it's a maybe a pull over kind of night most and it's going to be perfect tonight, tomorrow and Saturday, yeah, I mean and Sunday afternoon it'll be you know, ninety two.
Speaker 8: But still ninety two in August is not bad. So the weather's been fabulous all week. I know our grounds career appreciates it, and so does our front office because now we don't have to pull any tarball week because the threat of rain.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at this river bats many cooler. This is really cool. Yeah, it turned out really it's awesome, man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's We're very proud of it.
Speaker 1: So that's Saturday's talk about Sunday, yeah, because that's a big family.
Speaker 8: Sunday is always kids day at the ballpark. So we got the kids discounted a mission, We have the free kids meal, we have the giant inflatables in the air Hall of Fame for kids to play on, and of course after the game, it's kids running the bases. And that takes us to the end of the home standing. After that, we on we got two more home stands left. That's it, and that's two weeks, two different weeks in September. But we've got some big promotions on Friday Night, September the sixth, and this one's already selling really well, so it feels like it might end up being a sellout. Is Harry Potter Night?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean we're giving away.
Speaker 8: We're giving away Harry Potter Slash level bats, Harry Potter stars to the first thousand fans that night. We'll have fireworks that night, our fireworks show that didn't get shot on July third because it got rained out. Yeah, we've moved that over to the Friday night, the September sixth.
Speaker 4: Way.
Speaker 8: Christian and Scooby, who were supposed to perform on July third before that fireworks show, we've now moved them over to that Friday night. They're one of the top entertainment acts in the NBA halftime circles, so I think fans will enjoy that. And then we have a couple of dog Nights coming up in September, because we always like to do dog Nights in September when the weather starts to cool down. So Tuesday, the third of September is a dog night coincides with two Dollars menu nights, so you can get two dollars hot dogs to feed to your dog while you're at the game that night. And then on Thursday night, the nineteenth of September, that my heart media happy hour. But that ringbs in Hounds Night.
Speaker 1: That rings a bell too. The nineteenth, what I think somebody special is gonna be throwing out the first pitch.
Speaker 4: That who's doing that?
Speaker 1: It's a Who's who, it's this show what it's Ethan Almighty? Yep, a Tyler Witt. And with the Ethan Almighty, it's gonna be a big.
Speaker 8: Night at Houston Hounds Night. So we combined the two dollars beer with to the ballpark beautiful.
Speaker 1: I get tickets for that one.
Speaker 2: Harry Potter idea too, because people realize Harry Potter came out like twenty five years ago.
Speaker 4: So these they're adults, I mean they're adult children, Like, yes, we're in.
Speaker 8: The early thirties, grew up reading Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: Will there be special uniforms for Harry Potter? It will be I'm surprised with licensing.
Speaker 3: That, Oh wow, will the Empire US a really big broom home plate.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and they'll try to swat the quidditches it flies around in the air. Gotta have that, Gotta have No, we've actually partnered with Warner Brothers.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, wow.
Speaker 8: So this is the new thing in minor league baseball this year. So uh, we're really excited. Our players will play in Harry Potter jerseys that night. Loch off online after the game's over. So, and I do want to remind folks like you guys and everybody else that likes to come to the ballpark for lunch on Wednesday, the eighteenth of September. It's the last business person special with a little twelve o five afternoon.
Speaker 4: I need to do the show day drinking, I think, so we do the show down there.
Speaker 2: You guys should do the show from the Concourds Live thirty Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually twelve o five twelve five perfect.
Speaker 3: I could have the last you have the last beer instead of the first beer.
Speaker 1: Here you go.
Speaker 8: And then when the game's over, since it's Human and Day with senior discounts on every Wednesday, we do senior stroll around the bases. You guys could lead off the gall yet man fifty five and older to take their first stroller around the pace.
Speaker 3: Hot Kettle, Dude, I knew it was coming.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it baseball Listen. It doesn't get any better than that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Plus, get your.
Speaker 4: Tickets for tonight seventy five degree come much.
Speaker 1: Pat Kelse throw baseball let's and two dollars beers, three dollars chicken, three dollars regular nachos.
Speaker 2: You can buy the tickets while walking up to the place. Just go to bats baseball dot com. It's as simple as that. It's really your hell yeah, always good to see you, my man, Good to see you.
Speaker 8: And if anybody's at the game tomorrow night, be sure to stop buy the number one cantina and say hi to Chip Sob.
Speaker 3: Absolutely all this Chako food has me hankering for lots of pasta. We have some friends coming over tonight and we are making homemade pizzas with the dough, the sauce, the mozzarella, and the pepperoni, all from lots of pasta.
Speaker 2: Yep, we're still eating on the chicken lasagna that we bought for the Jackies book club on Monday. We're still eating on that, so we just heat it up and it's still tastes fantastic. H So lots of pastas at thirty seven seventeen Lexington Road in the heart of Saint Matthew's.
Speaker 4: We had the dips, we had the lasagna. It was a huge hit. So go on in there.
Speaker 2: The deli is the best deli in Louisville. Someone please argue with me. And no one's gonna do that because they know it's the best deli. They bake their own meats, they bake their own breads, They import the cheeses from two hundred different country.
Speaker 3: Family is coming over on Sunday. What are we gonna make the baked zd from? Lots of pasta? Everybody loves it.
Speaker 1: Not only is Lots of Pasta the best deli, but it's also the best deli in Louisville.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, thank you. What does Mantoni but anythink of I know.
Speaker 1: Your sister likes pasta. Maybe she could come to my house and I would make her lots of pasta for her to enjoy it with me.
Speaker 2: Perhaps, Yeah, allgeier Air give him a call or two four four ninety nine nine nine two four four nine ninety nine or go online at Louisville Air dot Com get your appointment to get it cleaned, get it serviced, or if God forbid you need a new service, they will finance you. Allgeyur Era is local. The last name is Algar. That's the family. Allgeyer Air two four four ninety nine ninety nine or Louisville Air dot com for all your HVAC needs and plumbing back after this on news radio eight forty whs is this new?
Speaker 4: Yes? No, it is old.
Speaker 3: Foreigner for from fourgner four merp damn foreigners. Just break it up here we go boys, Well, it's so foreigner.
Speaker 1: Made my self feet prison food when that's the prison that I made myself.
Speaker 4: Christmas.
Speaker 1: Eat this stuff.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you New Graham yay yay ye, thank you. Actually not too bad.
Speaker 3: That was okay okay with those prisoner and the lyrics were stellar.
Speaker 2: I never thought I'd be saying these words so soon, or at least the last couple of months.
Speaker 3: You're coming out.
Speaker 2: No. No, Kamala Harris will accept her party's nomination tonight on the final night of the d n C. It's everything has happened so quickly with Joe Biden's stepping down and Kamala taking the spot, and of course Tim Walls accepts VP last night at the convention. You can listen to it here if you're out about or at home on news radio forty w h A starting at ten o'clock. Tim Walls also claimed, by the way that he coached Louisville basketball.
Speaker 8: Yeah he is.
Speaker 3: Stop it actually stop.
Speaker 2: When currently whatever, So that's happening to me, He goes by Jeff. You know, they have too many speakers and it just waste a lot of time. But it should be entertaining tonight it's theater.
Speaker 8: Do tell me.
Speaker 2: I know you're all right, Well we will. We'll see you tomorrow for a Friday show. Can't believe it's already Friday. Wow, Wow, all right, we'll see you later. The boys are coming up next. I'm sure they'll have some thoughts on the DNC coming up here in about five ten minutes. Back after this with those guys on news radio eight forty.
Speaker 7: W h A.
Speaker 1: S I love you, ma,