Speaker 1: Well, so welcome guys to another money space with me Carlujah. Of course, on this space we're talking money, the economy, and of course finance. We are here every weekend Sunday, seven pm West, happening time.
Speaker 2: What we take those finance topics and don't make it easy for you this.
Speaker 1: Week, I'm going forward for every week in the month, right like one week in the month we're talking about our weld series. So we've defined world as an acroadym. I have to allow us have a topic where folks can come in with questions, can ask those questions and then get to replies, just basic stuff. Because one thing that attacks debate has taught me I think I knew this earlier was it's just a big gulf in Nigeria around personal finance.
Speaker 2: What we think is small and that.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows not a lot of people know it to understand it. So there's a lot of you know, knowledge gaps out there that we want to try to feel. So I want to have at least one of these spaces one week in a month where we're just talking around personal finance. That's going to be accessful abilities, debts, taxes, all that stuff that is you we're hearing about and it's all new to us.
Speaker 2: Look at the tax protectors come out.
Speaker 1: Nothing really new really if you if you live seeing in America in the West, nothing they're saying is really really new.
Speaker 2: But in Nigeria is so whole. You know, it's a lot of questions.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pay taxify any money on this where I pay tax by emeny on that, So we can see it's a lot of knowledge gap. So this week is going to be for you guys to ask questions and I'm going to try to answer them right well, just keep direction. So there's a disclaimer up front. I'm ultifasional advisor. I'm not myself out as your advisor. My job just to educate and I hope you guys go back to your advisor. I will access question. Let's start with you. What's up for being the first in here and from send me a d M back. Will of course take those questions the flog go ahead, what's up?
Speaker 3: Okay? Okay, so.
Speaker 2: I can hear you very well, thank you, okay.
Speaker 3: So if you don't have any.
Speaker 1: Questions, okay, perfect, If you put if you put the speaker, that means you want to speak right so that way they're going to ask you if you if you have a question.
Speaker 2: Right, all right? Another problem I really have the questions on on d M.
Speaker 1: And the first question is this, And I knew it was going to be on the tax police us asking CALU if I eard money from if I do better, in essence, asking if he gets money, true, bet.
Speaker 2: Is he going to be taxed?
Speaker 1: So whenever I see these tax questions, it's always about will this be taxed?
Speaker 2: Will that be taxed? And all that, And I think perhaps by approaching the wrong way. The tax is very very very simple simple things.
Speaker 4: Understand any income, all income, any income, it's going to be liable to tax on any income. There is define the income down to state crypto.
Speaker 1: If you're if you're if your partner gives you a million NIRA, is that income kind of unless you say it's a gift, unless you are very very clear and you live a gift, you know, if you had a better inheritance, that's not income. But literally any income you are going to tax it. What do they tax is why we should focus on not if the income.
Speaker 2: Don't focus on the.
Speaker 1: Income, right, try to focus on what's called your taxable income. Which means you have your total income you earn, then you have your deductibles, then you have your net income. So rather than asking will their taxes income? Will they tax this income? Focus on what you can control. You can't control the pact model, but you can't control you do the most read music. I'm going and say I'm going to buy life insurance, I'm going to open an RC account, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Buy any entire Nagia instaurant scheme.
Speaker 1: And as you do all that, you are reducing your tax liability. You can control your tax liability, you cannot control what the tax man can do to you. I remember I've talked about this in this particular scheme where these taxes they moved the body to you, which means that in the old scheme, once you got paid on your paycheck, once you got paid, you've got an automatic twenty percent tax tax break from Nigeria tax authorities. You got twenty percent of your payroll as a tax break. So if you end a million eer, you automatically got two hundred thousand NARRA tax break.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do anything.
Speaker 1: That's how many times you employer files for you twenty thousand. Now in this new tax lord, they've changed around a bit in this instance. Once you get your income, if you do not take any any deduction you will get they're gonna pay more taxes. You've got to go out of your way to buy you, and I'm gonna do the five things you have to buy you.
Speaker 5: Cord.
Speaker 1: Do you not buy your retirement service account I EU contribute so retirement Servis account. Remember that is with your additional for launtry. So the retiremand Servers account is eighteen percent. So another point, we're gonna make it eighteen percent of your pension. Sorry, of your basic your housing, and your allowance. So if you are an income and your boss just gives you a check of one hundred thousand, try to break down into basic housing and transportation so you can then pay your retirement service account portion to reduce your total income. Very important. So you want to do your basic housing and transport so that way you can get out to your taxable your deductions from that basic as no transport, and then pay to your retirement Servis account. Whatever you pay to your retire SAVIS account is not taxed. That's how you reduce your taxable income. That's number one retirement savers account. The second one is if you're married, you can pay life insurance. You can buy life insurance for yourself and also for your wife.
Speaker 2: The premiums you pay are taxi doctorbile.
Speaker 1: So if you want to buy say a ten milliary policy and ask you to pay one hundred thousand as the premium, that's one hundred tom that you deduct it from your paycheck as well, right, so that's also reducing your taxable income. You have NHIS Naturally Health Insurance Scheme, you have National Housing Forum. Those two also are out there. The mandutary payments you make are deductible from you from your total income as well. Also, if you also pay your buying a house, you're paying the mortgage to your to the bank. What you pay as a mortgage you also deduct from your income. So let me just summarize again your retirement savers account number one, if you pay life insurance premiums for you and your spouse, also get a deduction on that. Number three, you have the nhi ES National Health Insurance Scheme. You also have the National Housing FUNT. You contribute to those two, you also get a deduction on what you contribute then if you buy the house right and you're paying interest, the interest or your pin on that lo you took buy the house, you also get a deduction on.
Speaker 2: That as well.
Speaker 1: Remember rent is two hundred is twenty percent of whatever you pay.
Speaker 2: As rent capped that's five hundred thousands.
Speaker 1: So if you pay rent, you can take as high as five hundred towns. If you if you pay rent to your landlord, make sure you get a receipt, get a receipt, buy that receipt. And of course when you have five the taxes, whatever you pay us rent, you can take twenty percent of that and then you can capy that five hundred thousand, and that also goes off your your detactable income. So focus guys on the taxable income. That where you can get around this. Don't focus too much on what is my income, what will they tax or that those things you can change, even if you have a tax advisor.
Speaker 2: You really can't go.
Speaker 1: In and change what your income is, and it's difficult for you to change behavior. But your taxable income deduction is what you can control and what you can change.
Speaker 2: Facts.
Speaker 1: Welcome to our space. We are talking on this space wealth. What's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I want to Yes, I can hear you.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 7: So now you said whether we remove for our retirement.
Speaker 3: Non partis that is correct?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: So what is like and only like I want to like use the money in the which I said as I really so like put something that's the words a post in line stance.
Speaker 2: Good question.
Speaker 1: But you know your retirement servings account is yours, your bottom box account. That's what you get only when you retire or when you lose your job. You can't touch your It's called a retirement savings account. That means that when you have it, you can't touch it. When you retire because you can no longer work, then the government will give it to you. So in the government gives you to you tax free. You put the money in, they don't tax the gruels. When you take it out, it's yours to use.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So it's not a SAVID account. It's not it's not a savids account. It's something you put body aside for your later years.
Speaker 2: Right. There's no retirebet age.
Speaker 1: They just simply say when you're retire, so when you're no longer working, you can then go to your arriage to your passion forward and retreator and say hey, have retired.
Speaker 2: You give them your paperwork.
Speaker 1: They are able to give you what you have there contributed all this while for yours.
Speaker 2: If you lose your job, you gotta get that.
Speaker 1: Blieve twenty five percent of the body your time saves account. I think if I get that to the five percent, I think it'll increasing about show. But I believe if you lose your job, you can apply to them. If you love, if you stay on the plate for six more, you're cana apply to them and they give you some part of it. And also also if you want to buy a house, you also go to retire service account and then you can you can also say that you want to use that.
Speaker 2: Part of that money.
Speaker 1: I think it's twenty five percent towards the payment of a house, So you can also get your house to you can also for the house purchase your retirement service account as well. Facts the veryclelimity. Hi, Hi, welcome, welcome. Li the we're doing this space and what we've taped the weld which is wealth building, which is around investment, then enterprise, which is entrepreneurship. I A for assets as personal finance, liability which is debt taxation which is taxes, and of course horizon, which is.
Speaker 2: Our retirement goal.
Speaker 1: So we're trying to do a space once a week that will touch around these issues of world where we can talk invest in personal finance.
Speaker 2: The taxes and all that. So let the what's in your mind let me can you hear me? Okay?
Speaker 1: Let me only just trying to connect the idea also, so you're trying to connect, I'll get you back to you. So let me just go back again today to the spaces. This is a good one. Someone says. If I if I build a house and I and I receive in rents, I build a house from my I send money to my to Nigeria, and I build a house and I'm.
Speaker 2: Receiving your rent, what will be taxed? Am I paying tax on the house? No?
Speaker 1: Just a question again we get all the time. What is being taxed is income income. So when you send money home to Nigeria, that's not income. It's not income to you. The present you are sending the money to is it income to that press And it's for that present to identify its income to him. Right, So if you are receiving money into your account, the government can say it is income.
Speaker 2: You have to be very very clear what that what that money is coming to your house for.
Speaker 1: If the money is coming to your to your account and you're not wanting to build a house, it's how you write it or your bank statements. Because if someone is sending your money with America, that's income come to you.
Speaker 2: That's what the government will say.
Speaker 1: They will ask you to come and explain it that's true a best of judgment, or they will just apply your text and to say we think you are making this income, hence we're going to tax you. So when you're receiving more into your account, the narration of what your doing has to be very very clear. Even when you get that money, how you're also using that money. Also keep your receipts also has very very clear, because if you commingle your personal and business account, you are exposing yourself to a tax right or by the tax storities. They don't know your business. So you've got to be very very clear. Like we said in the last two spaces, if you are doing personal business, I are doing a private business. Sorry, you have a public business. Try to separate both of them. Do not mix your personal and your business in the same account.
Speaker 2: Even if you can.
Speaker 1: Open up a business have multiple accounts. The idea is not to co mingle, so you are spending more time explaining all these funds are.
Speaker 2: You want to make it very very clear.
Speaker 1: So if you can have that account, and even if you can open up a company, if not.
Speaker 2: A builder, why are you receiving them?
Speaker 1: But this is what we're talking about behavioral changes that are going to happen in Nigeria because of this tax region.
Speaker 2: If you're receiving one.
Speaker 1: From a broad to build a house for someone, you've got to have to explain to a tax man why you are receiving money where not to build that. Okay, it's remittances Okay, remittances to who is that remittance?
Speaker 2: And income?
Speaker 1: These are all these You've got to change your behavior because the tax man is going to assume is an income.
Speaker 2: It's you that has.
Speaker 1: To prove it is not income. It's an inheritance, it's a gift. So you have to prove the things we speak about. Olivia, what's up man?
Speaker 2: Live there now? Okay, let's gets troopsy. How are you doing?
Speaker 5: I do it right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I'm just wondering on this tame stuff because it's getting it be scared because.
Speaker 2: I stick in Nigeria.
Speaker 3: You know, we do we do a lot of things with our accounts.
Speaker 6: People receive money to support the baria and support weddings, and some people are receiving money into their accounts for all this stuff. And now we're saying any money that comes into your accounts, it's going to be in quote, you have to start explaining it. So is it like we're gonna need personal tax advisors in this kind of tradition, because even if you don't co mingle, like you're saying, there are really lots of stuff that come into our accounts. I mean, as we behave today that this is a significant change for I just then you know, because you know people doing small skilled business people they don't have tax advices and what comes into the account is probably get the buying still and everything. So yeah, I'm just wondering how it's going to work from clinic when success.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a great question and is the main question.
Speaker 1: Let me have your mutes because it's an echo if you don't mind, just mu it's a great question because this is where I think there's a lot of great areas, you know, and even in America that has a developed tax account. If you receive moneys in your account every month you get from their thousands. Every month you get on the thousand, your bank will issue you depending on where that money is going to. You know, when the money comes to your account, it's not a tax event. I'm not saying that once when it comes to your account, it's a tax event. I'm saying that what you are doing by receiving money to your accounts are letting the taxman that you are potentially a tax entity that you can be taxed. So if the money is coming to your account or checking account, there is no in The bank is not paying you any interest, So are not in any income on that one that has come to your account, which is fine, But that money comes to your account and that money is essentially sitting and you are any interest, then then you are any interest on that money and you're going to pay tax on the interest in.
Speaker 2: But the greater julisions to do is to make sure you narrate.
Speaker 1: Properly and that you are separating personal business from non personal business. If you, like you know in Nigeria, will sit down, someone sends money to us, send to my model in the village. You've got to ask yourself if it's worth it. I mean, if you're someone send one hundred thousand to you, that's fine. The tax was going to come after you for one hundred thousand. But if you're getting ten million into your account every month, it's hard to tell the tax not to look at you and to then ask. Remember, they're not taxing the ten million. The thinly tend not to ask themselves questions. If this guy can receive ten million, why is it paying income tax of five thousand. That's the point chicken, So we're not asking. It's not the incompassy that this tax. In America, when you send money in, you can say ten ninety nine with the bank says to the IRUs to show interest they've paid to you. So the IRUs is not taxing your assets, they're taxing the income flow. And then if you're paying income of a million dollars but your tax filing is one hundred thousand or is one hundred hundred dollars, there's something not adding up there. You can get a hundred million millions in the bank and pay a dollar from the tax guys, So is that none adding of that will cause a tax there to say, let's audit chew and then when they audience you stop might come up. So it's just best practice. Separate things. This this is the this is the over talking about the what we're talking about. Separate yourself, separate things from Separate things, don't commingle so that.
Speaker 2: It is easier for you.
Speaker 1: You will not get taxed, but separate things are. It's easier for you. Yeah, makes sense, Yes, easy, Not easily. Yeah, lots of folks.
Speaker 2: Have focused on the tax side.
Speaker 1: They will focus on the behavior you're outside that has to happen in Nigeria. From two tony six, lots of people are going to be are going to pay more taxes, not because the tax rates have gone up, but because they haven't changed their behavior. Like I've said right now, if you don't go in January and start to buy retirement servings account, start to buy insurance, start to condute housing phone, your tax is going to go up, not because the tax rates went up, but because you do not take advantage of deductibles. Currently, today deductibles are automatic. From two five, the deductibles will not be automatic, so it doesn't if you can't go on to it and say tax rates are lower, hence you will pay something lower.
Speaker 2: That's not how it works.
Speaker 1: If you don't take the deductible, you are going to pay a higher tax in twenty six not because the tax rates are higher, but because there's no automatic deductable, a little bit higher.
Speaker 2: Welcoming to limit, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Welcome, come, thanks for having me this.
Speaker 3: You're trying to come on.
Speaker 9: So I just wanted to add a your friend dimensioned return a lot of work personals. I don't think anybody has covered.
Speaker 3: This place like between Nigia and you've been doing this for many years. I try. That's where a lot of people know you before. It so well done.
Speaker 10: I think for me, I think your proclaim is just let we have an interest, because.
Speaker 3: All this is you've said. You've said so many times.
Speaker 10: That even some of us that have a limited view on setting it has already proves on it.
Speaker 3: That's to show you because if you really lose this started.
Speaker 10: Before you can before those same who do guys that talk about personal for us, you really get to know this is so I think the problem for audience that don't really understand many of the lack of interest and O perspecial because I saw you pulled you did recently. I got to see it in the morning when you tap me and say, because I was kind of happy because it's sure that you're coming audience. We are paper informed, but I'm very I'm betting that it was in larger audios.
Speaker 3: Where maybe in popular that has like three five you know followers, did I pull?
Speaker 10: I think that percentage you will do because if you look at things that have been pushing out the.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the people what they were doing the morning they were safe in.
Speaker 9: That question that you really done so much in the space because I remember so many times when people really were about investing and the the problem we have about the investment culture as cually for people that.
Speaker 3: I really interested because of their.
Speaker 9: Disposive income whatever you're talking about today, Like that's very, very important.
Speaker 10: And my advice is that see he loves follow these guys. It's not you might not agree about their politics or you see, you must have the ability.
Speaker 3: To desire it, must have the ability to know where somebody's.
Speaker 10: Talking analysis or what's worth is speaking facts, and also must be less emotional, you know, because you do really allow it of what disupposed guys. It doesn't mean it's not And because you don't really like the person does not mean it's not making sense.
Speaker 9: So I think people but the audiens, you really need to find them to descend, because that's the problem we're.
Speaker 3: Having in this place.
Speaker 10: A lot of people don't understand the different in facts and analysis like this tax thing.
Speaker 3: Can you say it's really going to have.
Speaker 9: Major applications because as clearly when I came to Europe, I had issues because just like what, I didn't know that when you send money you most really tired.
Speaker 3: And I didn't know that.
Speaker 10: When you send when you do businesses, even if its even complicentd money to us, the tax authority will ask.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that even when you don't make.
Speaker 10: It come in a court, it must declared.
Speaker 3: I did know certain things that even when you have businesses around the injudicis of where you are, you must still show some accountabusiness. So yeah, and how you get to know these stances.
Speaker 10: By moving with people that really talk and align with investment banks or your tax costs or whatever you want to do.
Speaker 3: So yeah, whatever, I just wanted to add, call it that we really need to work on ourselves pasqual because all this is we have.
Speaker 10: Said, you said this so many times for let's people listen, people read your book.
Speaker 3: You don't hear a book on it, you don't see.
Speaker 10: So I think the cultury is the adopt We need to change our pattern.
Speaker 9: We we are to addicem to ski we had to attend to jokes. We are to addictated to thrusing.
Speaker 3: We need to really define that. We want to treage our lives.
Speaker 10: Yes, the government play rule, but ugality because our home. What are we doing with our space? Whether how many books are we within? How many are we spending on quality finance? Music are we also? We said apparently because see governments wouse metal. Yeah, we expect to get the better government identity, but you must be able to be receptive for you to have the abstitute change your for to change your life.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we don't call. And I just want to addvanting before.
Speaker 2: I passed the mic.
Speaker 3: I think if you really don't know anything about.
Speaker 9: Personal us, yeah, this space will put you don't get your future Colors listening book that you can invest locally and forward you can buy the book.
Speaker 3: I think last time was there cocluty doers.
Speaker 10: I don't know how much better Colors inclusive because of the valuation. But trust me, most of my friends that even I level financial and professionals, they got the group.
Speaker 3: And the reason is because we see one of the things you need to understand the finances.
Speaker 10: That nobody knows it all. We have niche and we have people that really have had the experience. So you really need to even if you're a pig udi in finance, you really.
Speaker 9: Needs to take your time and look at other people's view perspective.
Speaker 3: And that's why finance I love it because that's has all good.
Speaker 10: So many people that think they're smart, you know, they get that one.
Speaker 3: Black Noble prize in Ectonemies I lost.
Speaker 10: The episos of doors even Indian amity like this is one that the Black schools.
Speaker 3: I think we guys need to read. We need to spend and text.
Speaker 2: That awerful.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for Shart on the book. Like Lucas said, finance is not new. It's one of the best books you can read in the world.
Speaker 2: On finance.
Speaker 1: It's a book called The Richest Man named Barbylon, and it's written in the themes of a man in Barbylon centuries ago.
Speaker 2: But if you notice the same thing we are talking about today in Wall Street.
Speaker 1: Spend less than you make, invest the surplus, look for compounding interests, the same themes.
Speaker 2: We just make it now into the modern terms, and we did. I did write a book.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic. I saw it at eighteen thousand higher subsidized in Nigeria. Now it's all finished, Nagera. We did three prints, completely sold out right So now on Amazon, when I try to plug my book, it looks like I'm being commercial, but guys do get it. I wrote this specificalnagan market is designed for the language I use, the pictures that I used. The thinking is designed for you. Like if you you don't know anything about finance, its step by step. You can read the chapter step by step and you just learn that chapter. I don't have to really cover to cover. It's designed about crypto having that bound I don't know how investing, and it's practical. I'm not telling you motivational. I'm telling you you want to buy ETF. This ETF is how where you buy it from. You want to invest in it. This is the item one you go to. You want to do us a location. This is how you do it, step by step and all that so it's it's good to get and to get all down guys winning. Hi winn, how you doing.
Speaker 2: Let's see you here again?
Speaker 3: Hello Cali, believe body. I have a question about tracks.
Speaker 11: I want to apologize because I did not read the whole lot.
Speaker 3: Did you lost? So that's an accent on party more servants.
Speaker 8: As you said, they do all these things for you, like like I'm in the state's suits, automatic evil, for your health insurance, your national house and farm just do it for you. So like let's say when you get your basically you see your gross speak, you see your your knighte is what you see in your accounts. So what I want to find out is are you saying that with the new law that it's all stops and we have to.
Speaker 3: Now do it individually.
Speaker 8: I just because I think maybe some people in civil service and in civil.
Speaker 9: Service might not might be non chalm because.
Speaker 6: They're like.
Speaker 3: The governent take care of it. That's the problem. Like if you take it, fine, you don't take it wealth, I'm better off.
Speaker 2: So now what is that from next year?
Speaker 11: I just I think I'm assuming.
Speaker 3: They should continue.
Speaker 8: Are you saying we should individually now have to go and and have to take care of these things.
Speaker 1: Let me let me do it this way, right, If you look at the tax lader has been passed today on paper, by the numbers and the percentages, your taxes. If you earn less than less than one point four five per month, it's going down one point four five magic number. If you end one point four to five, that's about seventeen million, right, can that for me? One point four to five multiply by twelve. Once you end less than one point four five million, your tax is going to go down automatic.
Speaker 2: But look at what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So this is this is the percentage and the number right. So if you ende that's the who point four five, your taxes go down. If you end above one point four to five, your taxs.
Speaker 2: Are going to go up.
Speaker 1: On hear what I'm saying with you. The old scheme, the scheme you are in right now. Once the government pays you one million, the big is one point four to five. In the old scheme, they've gover melted automatically, apply twenty percent to that one point four five and that's your that's your tax savings. So when you get your you've already paid because the one point four five already has an automatic twenty percent there plus an extra two hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: From January twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: There is no automatic, So your employer, if you do penn arrasy, you are paying eight percent. Your employer is paying ten percent. That eighting will still happen automatically. Automatically. But what if you buy health insurance, If you or your husband buy health insurance, how will your employer know. You've got to go and tell your employer, I have bought health insurance so they can remove that money, the premiums from your taxable income, so your taxes go down.
Speaker 2: The same thing. If you are pain rent, how will your employer know you are pain rent? You have to tell them or file so that the five hundred thousand benefits comes to you.
Speaker 1: If you do nothing and say the government has said if I end one point four five million, my tax is going to go down, you will be shocked. That's the point I'm making, because you have to go out and do this. If you don't do any deductions. If you say, oh, I'm not going to do any ras, not gonna do any whatever, then fine, once you end below one point four five don't worry about anything. Go to sleep your fine. Your tax will still go down because what you're doing that they've increased the percentage amount that you have to earn before you get tax.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense? We need I'm not talking about the tax rate.
Speaker 1: Now you have to go out because they're giving you rent, they're giving you RC, they're giving you mortgage.
Speaker 2: How would your employer know you bought a mortgage? You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, so.
Speaker 3: I would do this with the tax people.
Speaker 1: You can do that, correct, You can do it with them and your employer or one hundred percent. If your employer says, if you buy life insurance, tell me I will take away from your tax is fantastic.
Speaker 2: That means in your HR.
Speaker 1: You say, hey, HR, I bought ry, not just the eighteen percent, I did additional launcher contry. You tell them they remove it from your from your income, which this is your taxable income. You say, hey, I pay for rent for a hundred thousand. You tell your employer this is your your amount. You say, hey, I bought life insurance. You tell your employer it takes down your taxable income. If they don't build it in your employer, then you have to go.
Speaker 2: And file a self assessment.
Speaker 1: You then say, oh, self assessment, my employer has taken my eighteen percent and final that I paid rent, I bought insurance because.
Speaker 2: If you don't do that, those benefits deductions won't kick in. That's the point. That's whatever.
Speaker 1: If I'm going to be shocked, they're going to say, but this that time will said if I end less than eight hundred thousand, I will not pay any attacks. Only those people are exempt, whether they file, they don't file. Once you end below eight hundred thousand, you are exempt. But when you end at one point four five, it as used assuming that you have your taxes are going to go down on paper, but you've got to go and clean the deduction.
Speaker 2: Makes sense.
Speaker 3: We yes, but just a round up.
Speaker 8: I feel I feel like, as I said, the civil serves, I feel the government should do more.
Speaker 3: I feel they should inform me because if I didn't like take the pain to listen, like, I will know someone.
Speaker 2: So I feel it's to be chaotic when this time deducting and.
Speaker 8: Then the deductions will appear in twenty twenty seven, isn't it correct?
Speaker 2: It's going to be between two seven, So yeah, they are supposed to.
Speaker 8: Tell people and tell them, Okay, come man, give us this information because we do because like let's say, in the E government, they have a Ministry of Finance and all this thing happens there, so they're supposed to tell them, oh, maybe this person is this person if you're from this agency or department of ministry, but no, we're not seeing anything.
Speaker 3: So it was just well, feels crossed.
Speaker 2: Well when the person word are always guide line.
Speaker 1: So this guidance that things that the ministry will then say because they have passed a new law or you want to pass this guide and I'm gonna say this is how you file your tax, and that's what they haven't said. So if you go on social media, all you see is tax rates, taxes. Will I pay tax on this? And I'm saying, loom, that's so confirmed. Many people are going to be shocked in twenty twenty seven when they pay tax for twent twenty six income because they didn't file. Because the way they said is that once you end it eight thousand, you don't pay tax. Only those folks are exempt. So if you end less than it retor Narrati year, go to sleep, just log up the space.
Speaker 2: You're fine.
Speaker 1: But once you start to end above that amount, you start to go to one point four to five million. That's at one point four five million, your tax is automatically going down, automatically going down. But if you don't do anything, how will they know that you you've taken those deductions?
Speaker 2: How would they know?
Speaker 1: That's the point I'm making over over thinker for insidy, you know, think wnni.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Yeah, calm and thank you for this space and.
Speaker 12: Quite learning a lot for it.
Speaker 2: So what I just want to ask is I don't know this tax deduction?
Speaker 3: Yeah, is it? Is it account based or probably Vivian based? Because when I'm.
Speaker 12: Confused is because yeah, uh, many of us they have multiple accounts when received that probably one is the income accounts.
Speaker 3: Then the bother accounts are probably for abuse.
Speaker 12: You know, probably one car has one account as the car can do your subscriptions and now okay, then you receive your income reer that's your main accounts. Then you spread it across probably the field accounts. Okay, this one is saving accounts.
Speaker 3: This one is every day spending accounts, this one is not.
Speaker 1: On account and all of that and all of that.
Speaker 3: So I wanted to know, is the deduction par vivian.
Speaker 12: Or per account because if it's if it's part account, me men not comes to that button tax and my movements of that count also get taxed, and so that's I kind of need.
Speaker 5: Then.
Speaker 2: Also, I think we asked the question to ask if.
Speaker 12: Our organization and don't do these deductions for us, or we are the one going to do.
Speaker 6: So I think that point that it is clear.
Speaker 3: What doesn't know is if it's going to be account based.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great question. Great for the second one, like you said, you have to talk to your organization. If they can still file for you and have the mechanism where you can load your deductions and they file for you, fantastic, If you have to go and file yourself, fantastic. The point is, don't assume, don't wait and see because mister Tile said the tax fits are lower, your taxes lower. No, you've got to take action. That's the second question to your first question. You are taxed per tax id II per person. So I think in Nigia, your n I N is your tax idea, your big year just shoe your how many bank accounts? It ties all your bank accounts to one account but it's not a tax.
Speaker 2: Id per se. I believe your n.
Speaker 1: I know the cldins are wrong, and your ni N should be your tax id because that's what you are taxed on, the individual, not the bank accounts. So Dangote as a person is paying taxes as a person, not based on he has probably has two hundred and midium bank accounts, so he's gonna pay tax as a person.
Speaker 2: Dangote, mister, you will pay tax. So for you, what it means is that even.
Speaker 1: If you have one hundred bank accounts, all those bank accounts are any in you either income or are ANYU deductions. So if you file as an individual is simple. You have your tax table from mister tyle, You look at the income you have made, you take away at deductions whatever you have left, situate yourself on the table on a waterfall base, and then you pay that tax.
Speaker 2: Simple.
Speaker 1: If you have a company, that's why you want to hire a song because you are I want to file your expenses, your depreciation, all those your vasy clorbacks, all those are going to be in the company side. That only a bit more complicated. Get an accountant, but you pay tax on the person. Remember you are not your company. So if you will have a company and your company is doing business, your company is paying you salary, your company will take a deduction on the salary has paid you as the owner of that company. When you receive a study from your company, you will quote that salary as your own income on your own personal tax filing.
Speaker 2: So it's all connected. You you you you, mister Calum does hustling.
Speaker 1: Calu then gets a check of a million eer I paid to Calum enter Calu Limited. Calor Limited not pay Calu one hundred thousand. Calor Limited has got income of one million. That check I paid into Calor Limited. What's my deduction expenses for salaries? Eye deduction? So what is calor limited tactical income? It's now a nine hundred thousand because I've removed the income. I took a salary as my income. So calor in little to pay nine hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: What about me?
Speaker 1: That one hundred thousand is not my own income, which did not have to go on file. I come to the personal income table at deductions. So does that make sense?
Speaker 3: I think I think.
Speaker 9: I did have to do asta like Maysom or something because I can get.
Speaker 3: A little people to understand it. I know why I feel like this formulis and the complex for the every danger.
Speaker 9: So for example, what you said, pasically is this because all these things I do, I have a small business and I'm also an employee, how you are expected as is how I do what I dose you guys.
Speaker 10: I feel in everything and the computers everything I.
Speaker 13: Would this is what supposiblesial contributional pressure, and it is don't because you see from the personal that we have, we don't have things.
Speaker 9: Like that that it should be like comfortable maybe in the bank account or something that where.
Speaker 13: People can really like the app where people can.
Speaker 3: Make contrition directly because with a lot of people, truly, I don't have the feetures. But I think I just to talk of the.
Speaker 10: You're economy of people that work are indeed for our sect, so so it means that they have to diet people for most of these things.
Speaker 1: So my fear, my fear is that a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people will make mistakes people. But I think it's what's who creates words, but what it does that can create apps correct And.
Speaker 9: Because JAS don't like stress, ask was saying is that I understood it because I've worked with it, but I can imagine the other person.
Speaker 10: That really doesn't understand talk I didn't tell I.
Speaker 2: Think you know again if you go understand, I'm not caring critical anyone break.
Speaker 1: You go on social media and no one is talking about the behavioral change this tax I filent think what's going to happen?
Speaker 2: Twenty thwey six.
Speaker 1: It is a behavioral change issue. It has not to do with numbers and taxes. The tax part is the easiest part to understand. You get one billion, there's already a tax table. Put that taxable. Dejer your tax end. The story did What's gonna happen is that many people are going to say, my mother, I got to show for my mother, But my mother lives in the village. I actually send me money. I go and buy hers and legos, I send back to behind the village that is going to get a tax And I'm gonna say it's not my money, my mother's money. Most money is in your account. Those things are what we had not really focusing on on the tax debate. Mister Tywood has done his own. He has passed the bills.
Speaker 2: Here has really the tax rates. But that's not the issue.
Speaker 1: Look at this whole employer thing. How many employers have have explained to the people that listen, if you pay rent, you have to fire that event you can, it's not automatic. If you don't file that fight for the kid, you don't get it.
Speaker 2: You don't get it. Nobody's saying that. Then they're gonna say more of the time I get out of rent. You've got to go and file it. Guys, You've got to. If you don't file it, it's not gonna come.
Speaker 1: There's a there's a guy so that build a very good apply that I'm gonna try to get him.
Speaker 2: Bring it back here.
Speaker 3: Just you said, I was explaining that.
Speaker 2: So much more.
Speaker 10: So much talks now.
Speaker 1: Because you know I saw, I saw and again I don't very clear. The fires did a social session with influencers. Most of the guys I saw there were the political influences.
Speaker 2: If you bring I saw it, Yeah, I saw it.
Speaker 1: If you bring in the pool that are talking about mister the President's Tinobus policy and Agena and you bring them to talk, people would tune up because they think they're selling mister.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just selling politics. You've got to go and get people.
Speaker 1: Only days here Taiwan is here lay this are all we have been doing personal finance for ages. Bring them in to scenes, then bring them in and then when you empower them, they can talk to their people on a money basis. But if you're bringing a guy that's been talking about Tinabu's roads, Tono bus airport, are you saying you.
Speaker 2: Talk about tingabus types?
Speaker 1: People are tun off. Just I'm not saying to the irs, you've got to do more. People who don't really understand this.
Speaker 2: You can still questions.
Speaker 3: They don't put you on.
Speaker 2: Because it's all politive meditat money thing. Let's go to.
Speaker 3: Like you said, I'm the program.
Speaker 2: That they did something I can share with.
Speaker 5: You many things.
Speaker 9: Really, they can believe with their party that people about personality has and it will make a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: So I think they need to work on thatact because they should be porteed for that. And also can I have an issue with the fact that.
Speaker 9: Next year we just still once a week and still the talk contacts persuality and social media is still I don't know if it's a lot important, but I think it's important because generally I think we're just three months away and I think.
Speaker 2: That generally used to show for because people to.
Speaker 3: Come in about the stance. I think it's very important for people to really understand the distance. And lastly, I also think that people think that becomes could.
Speaker 2: Be to do so unfortunate that, for example, I.
Speaker 10: Can't tell you that for free that the Europeans have been able to.
Speaker 14: In fact, they've been able to block almost all aspect of crypto anonymosity, even decks and everything because they used to be formal as first.
Speaker 9: Even those that used privacy quence like whenever cash, they really have you.
Speaker 3: Know, how to catch those people. Then a usity is not allowed in Europe. We can read use us C. You know, it's not magal compliants.
Speaker 13: So and what I was really we're talking about. I knew that I was going to come to pass because yeah, he spoke about people market is not excluded.
Speaker 3: People also need to understand that if you are.
Speaker 15: Not transacting anything beyond one fifty million a year or you have an income of them paranl, we have nothing to fear about.
Speaker 3: But you know we have many weeks.
Speaker 9: Include that we show that they have sad thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: In commander, they have something to worry about.
Speaker 9: And I think he also mentioned that if you don't declare and we find out because by no, they can ask a cuclear came to choose their citizens and imagine put downtown. So if you don't declare and you find out, they will take the deg and you'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to do perfect a big girl. Let's get here in uh happy girl, your hand is up. Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Can you hear me little issues because I've got.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can hear you. You guys can hear me.
Speaker 3: I think you you can talk before calcom, Yeah you can. I think.
Speaker 2: I'm more my sweet.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you mean? Everyone?
Speaker 16: Actually the question for my fastic This is the first time I'm joining and kind of space he and it sounds like look, I mean as you task to the tax and topic, I actually enjoying the space because I start talking about it personal.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, this is something I would like to keep track on. And I'm hearing the tax topic now I'm gonna work wow.
Speaker 11: Yeah, necessarily because I am fab behind on updates and any information about this. So I don't know if he's listening or anyone on the speaker who could help.
Speaker 3: I don't know what what's what is.
Speaker 11: The road map, for getting up to date, for knowing all the necessaries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, suspense, we sure, let's go on sh shoot, I'm sho. The entence is bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the