Speaker 1: The Johnson Wax Program with Sliver McGhee and Mollie, the makers of Johnson's Wax and Johnson's Self Polishing Glocals present Slipper McGee and Mally. Written by Don Quinn with music by The.
Speaker 2: King's Men and Billy Mills Orchestra. The show opens with crazy rhythm. During the coming holiday season, there's probably going to be more activity than usual around your home. There'll be more wear and tear on your floors.
Speaker 3: Especially in the king.
Speaker 2: If those floors are protected with Johnson's Self Polishing glow Coat, you won't have to worry about them at all. If you are not using glow coat now, this would be an excellent time to try it. Blow coat offers many advantages. First, it protects linoleum against wear.
Speaker 1: Scratches, and dirt.
Speaker 2: Cleaning is easier because filled things are quickly wiped up with the damp cloth. Second, blowcoat makes linoleum floors more beautiful, gives them a gleaming polish that keeps the colors fresh and bright. Third, it makes the linoleum last longer, and fourth it's a wonderful time and labor safer. Johnson's blow Coat is self polishing It needs no rubbing or buffing. You simply apply and let dry. In twenty minutes, your floors shine with new beauty. Be sure Johnson's glow coat is on your next jopping list. Nailing your Christmas packages early is a great idea for two reasons. One it gets them off your mind, and two, the recipient has time to look his gift over and change yours for something cheaper. So here at seventy nine wistful vista about to depart for the post office with arms full of packages, we find Fibber McGhee and Molly.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, dearie, let's be sure we got everything. Here's the one for Ance, vest one for Uncle Dennis.
Speaker 1: We don't have to nail that.
Speaker 4: He'll be with us over Christmas.
Speaker 1: He's going to be with us here for Christmas. Sure, Oh, happy time.
Speaker 4: McGee. Don't be like that.
Speaker 3: Where's your Christmas Spirit?
Speaker 1: I had it up on my closet shelf and Uncle DENNI found it in the game. That's enough of That would have been enough for me, But that guy is so thirsty.
Speaker 4: Please, let's not discuss uncle Dennis anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, why don't we go down at the post office after supper instead. Now I might be less of a crowd down there.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they're open athlete.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, see hand me that phone, Hello, operator, give me the post up. Oh that's you. Merg how's everything? Mark? What's they merge? Your seventeen year old sister had her face lifted.
Speaker 4: Oh, heavenly days.
Speaker 1: What did she do that for? It couldn't help. But she bought a false face for a New Year's party and somebody swiped it. What theymrg? Yes, it laid there? Okay, Oh the post office don't answer he okay, never mind me. Well come on, man, I guess we better going down there now, all right?
Speaker 4: You got enough money with you for stam.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't need anything. I got an account with the government income tax. F ah a h o L d.
Speaker 4: Oh, dear, come in.
Speaker 1: Hey, mister McGee, come over to my house.
Speaker 3: Right away when you're what's the matter now?
Speaker 1: He got it with you huffing a santy claws back and he got a horn caunting his parts. Why he's too old to be playing with toys like that. It ain't one of the toys.
Speaker 3: It's one of the rains. Deer fry.
Speaker 4: Well are you going McGee?
Speaker 1: Nah, he ain't the only guy who gets a handlers in his pants around Christmas. Now, see you take those four packages there, and I'll carry these couples. Hey, what's in this big one?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 3: Which one? This one? Oh? That?
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 4: Why that's a new aluminum baking dish? I got France there?
Speaker 1: Oh a camas ole egg com No, you mean cast role, dear, I do not. Cast role is medicine.
Speaker 4: Go on, that's cast rays.
Speaker 1: Well then what's a cam us all?
Speaker 4: Well, a camera's soul is Well, it's.
Speaker 1: The start of it, you see. So it is something you cook in. Well, it could be in hot mother anyway. I bet that's a good person.
Speaker 4: We'll never get to the post office if people keep coming in like this.
Speaker 1: See who it is, dary. Hey, it's Guildersleep with an armful of Christmas presents and a big smile on his face. He must be bringing us our present.
Speaker 4: Oh and I haven't got his wrapped up yet.
Speaker 1: Well, come in, come in, come in.
Speaker 4: Well, hello, mister Gildersleeve, How nice to see you.
Speaker 1: Hi, guilty old man. You're looking well a new suit? Why no, it's the same suit I always wear.
Speaker 4: Well, it certainly looks nice. Have a chair, mister.
Speaker 1: Giders how much the guard? Yeah, no, thanks, I just dropping.
Speaker 4: Oh my dear missus Gildersleep, Why she's splendid.
Speaker 1: Thank you. But the reason I came, I was just saying the Molly Molly, I says, we gotta do something nice for Gildersleeve this Christmas. He's been a mighty fine neighbor, I says.
Speaker 4: And I said, yes, McGee, I said, he's been so nice to us. I said, though I hope he doesn't give us anything.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you feel that way about it, missus McGee, because I'm not giving you anything that is the same old suit you got on in it getting pretty baggy too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, was there something you wanted, mister Gildersleeve. We were just leaving for the post office.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, McGee told me this morning you were going to the post office. I just stopped him to see if you'd mail lease packages. Called me while you were down there, and hey, wait a minute, why shuts. We've already got more than we and I wish you'd buy me some stamps too while you're at it.
Speaker 4: Say you might save time, mister Gilderslee, to get your stamps.
Speaker 1: At Kramer's drug store. Oh, not too expensive down there? What the main expensive stamps are the same everywhere I know. But I hate to go into a store and buy stamps. They don't make any popit on them. I usually make a few pretures to he's my conscience. Oh, I see, Yes. The last time I bought a two cent stamp in the drug store, I came home with a hot water bottle toy submarine, three rolls of film, a rental detective story, and a couple of bad minton rackets and a big gob hot pudge on my next time. A guy as bad as you are has got no business eating hot pudg woo's fat. Well, besides you, there's Oliver Hardy, John Wilson, Paul Whiteman. O, you're hard man McGee. Now let's not get.
Speaker 4: Into any argument.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 4: We'll get your stamps for you. Mister Gerson, What kind do you want?
Speaker 1: Well, I want two sheets of pies, four sheets of ones, one sheet of twos, and three sheets of poor. Spit out your gum and do it again, well, all right?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 1: Three seats, the pools, two, three, four, fives and fives Before blab I've sixed ones and half a dozen of the others Filder sleeves. They don't make any four cent stamps.
Speaker 6: Oh, yes they do.
Speaker 1: They do not.
Speaker 3: They don't cool, they do not.
Speaker 4: They do not.
Speaker 1: By well, if I knew it was a little about my own government, is this big chowder head. Don't you call me a chowderhead, you little termite yilder's sleeve. One of these days you're gonna exonerate me too far. And I still say, they don't make any four cents stamp. How do you know? Because I used to work in the post office. That's how I know it is that so? Yes, that's so. I started working in the post office when I was knee high to a mail box.
Speaker 7: He did, he did.
Speaker 1: I had charge of the branch in the Savoy Hotel, stamping at the Savory Megee.
Speaker 6: I was noticed.
Speaker 1: Stamping at the Samory McGee slick of silk and strong as sentiments, slamming a sack of circuit or single handed on a schooner sailem to the South Seas first Stream miner schedule to scoop the Sioux City celebrated to the salary saving super Sailsman by selling scores a six cent stamps, the sentimental sailors sending souvenirs to Swedies and Samoa, Siam, Sealon, San Salvador, and similar scattered seaports. Smileingmen singing as I stamped and sealed stuff from city to city and state to state. A solid civil servants serving citizens and scamps. But let's get down to the post office and buy this lux of sand.
Speaker 7: Sssssssssssssss hell whiterlys four wingers, un sir, all of these packages are getting heavy, Molly, I'll sure be glad to do unload them.
Speaker 4: Well, we won't unload them very quick, theory.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 4: Look at the long lines in front of the windows.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, hey, folks, you mind if we squeeze in here. We got an important engagement we'd like to get.
Speaker 3: Only think you are anyway waiting a line like the rest of us.
Speaker 1: Maybe we better go to the end of the line.
Speaker 4: Molly, it's more democratic, Legie.
Speaker 1: Do you realize how many people.
Speaker 4: Are ahead of us in this line?
Speaker 1: Huh? Seventy three and a good thing too keeps them off the streets, legie.
Speaker 4: Huh, this man standing in front of me, I wish he'd turn around and face the way everybody else is.
Speaker 1: He's got a blank look on his face. That bothered me. Somehow, I'll move a sideler. I can't see over these back You see him there? Oh that ain't his face. Hey, but you got your two pay on backwards.
Speaker 3: My goodness, thanks cloaths.
Speaker 4: Oh look, here comes missus Elfingston, Missus Uppington.
Speaker 1: What's she doing in a post office? Don't you know? These places are infested with common people. I see she brought her Pekinese along to lick the stamps for.
Speaker 4: Oh, how do you do, missus Uppington?
Speaker 8: So nice to see you?
Speaker 9: How do you do?
Speaker 3: Missus tends and the geese?
Speaker 1: Hi? Yuppy, Hi puppy, good hitting put a lot of people?
Speaker 3: Do you have to stand in line like this? Do you know anyone in an executive position who did that of you? Well?
Speaker 1: Me and Jim Parley was great, pals up me. But Jim don't work here anymore, and I don't know the new guy.
Speaker 4: Besides, we're no better than anyone else.
Speaker 3: I ain't seem than as the same goose.
Speaker 1: You have something there.
Speaker 3: Nailing your couldn't.
Speaker 1: Take a Oh no, no, we just rung them down here see if they were wrapped up as petties. Other people.
Speaker 4: Say, while we're kicking the asket basket around, Abigail, what's the idea of bringing that dime sized doberman in here?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh, you mean Jelly? Isn't she sweet?
Speaker 3: Not a little dolly.
Speaker 1: Wonderful? An am I? I always wondered how you said Helo in Pekinese?
Speaker 3: Hasn't she a.
Speaker 7: Sweet little taste?
Speaker 4: Such bright eyes and such animations? You know, sometimes I could almost believe.
Speaker 1: She was laughing at me.
Speaker 4: She's really intelligent.
Speaker 3: How would she help it? She is really intelligent, missus McGee.
Speaker 4: Her mother was championed pot daughter, come sitter Dona Brownie.
Speaker 9: The kids suckin Adelphia?
Speaker 4: Oh and who was her father?
Speaker 1: Or am I putting Feezee on the spot. I knew she was either from Philadelphia or New York uppy. She's got that muster potton look.
Speaker 4: OK, No, I'm thank him for that one. I still don't know why you should bring her into the post office, missus Uppington, when everything is so busy all the lie wanted her to nix with the crowds.
Speaker 3: Listen the gee, she gives her some real holiday atmosphere.
Speaker 4: This is Steffe's save Christmas, you know, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Seee?
Speaker 1: She must that one uppy she said hello again. If she did, she must have had a very good reason for it.
Speaker 3: Though. Ceze is a very intelligent dog and very valuable tool.
Speaker 4: She's worth at least two thousand dollars. Two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Two thousand dollars? Why shucks? That's more than I'm worth.
Speaker 3: Woo.
Speaker 4: Some dogs are worth more than others.
Speaker 1: Also are worth more than others. Teddy Roosevelt slaved the rough riders with that one.
Speaker 4: And I wish we could get up to the window. This line has moved two feet and a half hour.
Speaker 1: I'll take care of that. Watch me, Hey up ahead there, can't you move along any paths? Okay, okay, okay, you're getting tired.
Speaker 4: Molly, I certainly am. My feets are beginning to agitate for better working conditions.
Speaker 1: Mine too. I wish we could say, oh, hello there, little girl, what you doing here?
Speaker 10: I'm mailing Anti Claus of Riches?
Speaker 4: Are you No, we're not?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 1: What'd you say?
Speaker 4: Plans?
Speaker 1: Never mind? What'd you ask Santa Claus in your letter?
Speaker 10: I asked him to make the man next jor out mad at me anymore, because I don't think he's gonna give me anything for Christmas.
Speaker 2: A rches.
Speaker 1: What juvenile pacadillo allows is hypothesis.
Speaker 8: Hmm, hey, what's the matter with you?
Speaker 10: Hardon meanster?
Speaker 1: I said, what did you do that made the man next next door mad at you?
Speaker 10: Last summer? I went in here the backyard, and I picked some of his permission? Some of his what permission? You know, it's a kind of a fruit that makes the picker pocket.
Speaker 1: Oh I feel what you mean. Oh why didn't you ask him if you could pick him?
Speaker 10: I was afraid he wouldn't give his per simmon, you mean his permission? No, I picked his permissions, look says.
Speaker 1: You don't pick permissions. You give per simmons, or you for snipped. Let's start over again and make it pairs.
Speaker 10: Almighty grisly pears are teddy pears?
Speaker 1: Oh you're mailing a letter to Santa Claus?
Speaker 8: Are you sure you see here?
Speaker 10: Kids?
Speaker 1: Oh? Say, that's pretty good handwriting, says I know. Don't tell me you wrote that.
Speaker 10: No, my papa wrote it. I always ask him to write my Sanny Claus letter.
Speaker 1: That's a very good idea.
Speaker 10: Sure, kids, I bet you all as kids do that because their papa's all believe in santy Claus.
Speaker 1: Oh that's they do.
Speaker 10: So why should we tell any different if it makes them happy?
Speaker 1: Hey, Molly, what makes this whole line of people give that sudden jerk every few minutes?
Speaker 4: Why don't you know that seventh plane up ahead has got the heacup?
Speaker 1: Oh I gotta says Harlow. Hey take my place in this line? Awhile will you? I want to go shit someplace for a lost me too. See, I'm sorry, folks, I'd like to, but I haven't got time. I just dashed in here to mail some special orders to Racine, Wisconsin. What do you mean by special orders? Says he, with a sly twinkle in his eye.
Speaker 2: Well you know how important it is to have a home clean and shining with Johnson's wax when all the family is home for the holidays. Yes we do, And how gleaming hospitality of johnson waxed floors and furniture lends an air of cheerfulness.
Speaker 1: To Yule tide gathering.
Speaker 2: And naturally understand all and how Johnson's wax will beautify and protect against the wear and tear of Christmas and New Year's celebrations.
Speaker 1: What's so special about that?
Speaker 3: Old just to get the orders in on time?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I see, so you can do your Christmas shipping early. Don't you get them all life pain?
Speaker 4: You aren't Christmas shipping arm that's pure golden vandam for rime money.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only difference between flipper and a corn crib is that you can hear the corn through his crack.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 4: Say, who the thought we'd have to stand in line this long two weeks before Christmas.
Speaker 9: Cushions, falling chairs, Manquel, be comfortable while you wait, folks, bag it's falling chairs, cushions.
Speaker 1: Get your Oh holler, chillow, mister ol timer. Since wheny you been working in the post office? Old timer?
Speaker 3: No, I'm kind of pensioner around here. Kids, He give me the job. In memory of my sister Nelly, ah.
Speaker 4: Ah, dear, what happened to your sister Nellie?
Speaker 3: We never knew daughter. She was a pony express rider in eighteen forty eight.
Speaker 1: One day she disappeared, mail bagging on as figured she must have got caught in the landslide. Reckless Critinelly was.
Speaker 9: But me and Ma.
Speaker 3: We never give up, hope, we always so for some day. Helly with with name it's wild, say now it's me your brother.
Speaker 8: Hi right small hie, where are you bitch?
Speaker 3: That's hot?
Speaker 4: My engine just turn away three days at old say that great news for you, Roy, But they discovered gold in California.
Speaker 6: You your tree the number the saddle, Roy.
Speaker 4: Soon as I delivered this name, I got to go home and get a clean shirt.
Speaker 9: This buckskin's beginning to chase me.
Speaker 6: Yes, make way for the last mail. The King's man thing Hilda, say lord Hilda to place in defense. And she pays based and tell you. She said, I've got.
Speaker 4: Textici click it.
Speaker 6: You're so high, you've beat so quick. Then she gets out with a big hutlick poo, every fellow basket feller. Still you've seen my bike. She keeps beating and repeating, never in your life abe to be a loveless Procris's been boom boom boom.
Speaker 5: Oh man, may you just say love you and so may hell that's stay gives it you happy? That's beaching, HARSI glam sit your ding pain and don't see you don't stay you say a bills a.
Speaker 1: Nice bass feliness tell me waiting.
Speaker 5: To say, lord silent, who pay incident?
Speaker 6: She paid a round and at ten you keep friends, I've got striking you so high, it'd be so quick. Then she gets up with a big handing every fellow basless tars and you see my bad. She keeps beating and repeating ever in your life, save what lovedness pursuits this crash boots boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 8: Oh McGee, dearie, let me take those packages a while.
Speaker 4: Your arms must be numb.
Speaker 1: There's so much my arms. It's it's my foot. My foot is oh hey, bud you in front of me there, see yours. But I don't like to be rude, and you'll please forgive me for introducing myself. I am Faber McGhee, very happy to meet you, said yours, but meet me to introduce me. I am fedo go and doms Gomez vodagis pared it pretty? I really rude now that we know each other. Will you please get off my foot? Thank you very much. It's for he displeasures to visins with you anytime. I can get off your foots please let me know. I don't think I won't, but.
Speaker 4: You sound like two gentlemen of the old school with apples for the teacher.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I am so tired, me too. For two cents, I dumped these are there.
Speaker 3: Good day, my dear, and adull December to you crab me.
Speaker 1: Hi Boomer, what are you doing in the post office? Mister Boomer?
Speaker 3: Always come in here to write my letters? Small, small and smell nice.
Speaker 9: Wonderful feeling to be able to walk away from a federal pen without hearing bloodhounds in the distance.
Speaker 4: I hope you're writing your dear old mother a Christmas letter, mister Boomer.
Speaker 3: Exactly what I am doing, my dear. Have to be careful what I say too. The warden reads every word of a letter. Let's be seen, now, what did I do with Mother's letter?
Speaker 1: Like to read it to you, Boomer? We're too tired.
Speaker 9: I'll let me see when I put Mother's letter? Had it right here a moment ago. Here's the short end of an exploded cigar.
Speaker 3: Just the butt of an.
Speaker 9: Old joke, you might say. Invitation to a New England boiled dinner ought.
Speaker 3: To be interresting. Never been boiled at a New England dinner.
Speaker 4: I'll never mind looking, mister Boomer, were in no mood?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 9: What's this pair of self aine gloves? Very handy to let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. A couple of diamonds, shoulder clips I picked up as I shouldered my way out of a clip joint, and check well, well, imagine I had a check made out to a man named Mortis pas.
Speaker 3: Mortis pan r m watty. Excuse me while I go practice the signature today, My.
Speaker 4: Dear, What a crook isn't he though he was born with a cold chisel in his mom How many ahead of the serie?
Speaker 1: I'm about ready to give off here? It's only three now, I'm only just hang on, Oh it's only two ladies. Just got to hold the packages to one side.
Speaker 4: Dear, I want to lean against you a few minutes.
Speaker 1: All right, we're next, madam. Hey, come on, we're next to the window. Molly, thank good, and sister soon be over.
Speaker 7: That's what I say.
Speaker 4: I'm completely exhausted, all.
Speaker 1: Right, say you're next, a bud, You're a sight for sore eyes here. Oh wait then, packages and tell me how much postage? Sorry, sir, can't do that here.
Speaker 4: Why not, we've been standing line here for three hours.
Speaker 3: This is a money order window. You'll have to get in that long whet over.
Speaker 2: There, Biber and Molly will be back in just a moment. Well, these certainly are busy times for all of us. There are so many more things to do than we can possibly squeeze into every twenty four hours. That's probably one reason why so many women sing the praises of Johnston's self polishing glow cote, the floor polishes that saves them so many hours of work. With glow coats, the care of floors, especially linoleum surfaces, is remarkably simple. There's practically no work to do it at all. Just pour a little glow coat onto your clean floor, spread it around and let it dry. Come back in twenty minutes to find a sparkling surface. Colors bright and cheerful, protected against scratches and dirty and glow cote will greatly lengthen the life of your linoleum.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 2: Ask your dealer for Johnson's glow coat in the familiar red and yellow can. And by the way, when you're making up your Christmas list, don't forget that either glow coat or Johnson's watch makes a very useful and welcome gift for a friend.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, the prevention and control of tuberculosis is a year round fight, but only at Christmas time are you asked for financial support and encouragement.
Speaker 4: That's right, so be sure your letters and packages are decorated with Christmas.
Speaker 1: Eves, thank you and good night, good night.
Speaker 3: All this is hollow.
Speaker 1: Wilcox, speaking for the makers of Johnson's Wax and.
Speaker 2: Johnson's self collars and glow coats, inviting.
Speaker 6: You to be with us again next year, said, I've good night.
Speaker 2: Would you rather drive a dull, dingy car or a sparkling, shiny one. Maybe you still think the job of wax polishing is costly or hard work, then let me urge you to investigate and try Carnew, Johnson's sensational new easy to use auto polish. Carnew does two things at once, both cleans and wax polishes in one operation, in half the time these jobs used to require. Car News cost is low, and once you've seen what beautiful results it gives, you'll say with car owners everywhere your car looks like new when you use car News spelled c r n U. This is the National broadcasting Company OO