Speaker 1: It's a nice size.
Speaker 2: Dan Ray, Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the big story of the week, and that is to fallout from the hoodie raid that took place on Saturday, March fifteenth. I think all of you are aware of it now. Democrats very concerned with the security breach that occurred. The Republicans are basically saying it was a mistake. The President has not been as as as forthcoming. Well, let's let's just get a little bit of just to reset this. The Press Secretary today late this afternoon tells the media that Elon Mosque Musk and his experts will be investigating the signal chat lake. Here it is cut thirty six. Please rob let's let's listen to the White House Press Sectuary this afternoon, cut thirty six.
Speaker 3: As for your original question about who's leading looking into the messaging thread, the National Security Council, the White House Counsel's Office, and also, yes, Elon Musk's team. Elon Musk has offered to put his technical experts on this to figure out how this number was inadvertently added to the chat again, to take responsibility and ensure this can never happen again.
Speaker 1: She was asked this question repeatedly, and at some point was crying to lose her patience with the reporters in the White House press room. Just give you a little sense of it. This is cut thirty seven. B ro B is in Boston.
Speaker 3: There's more, but we don't have all day, and we can now add this signal hoax to this very long list. The real story here is the overwhelming success of President Trump's decisive military action against Houthy terrorists. On March fifteenth, President Trump ordered a series of military operations against the terrorists, whois, to defend US shipping assets in the Red Sea, restore freedom of navigation for international shipping, and defend the United States from enemy threats. United States forces successfully struck dozens of targets across Houthy controlled territory, and as a result of these actions, several Hoothy leaders were killed, including the Hoothy drone chief, his deputy, and several of their jone experts and other key leaders.
Speaker 1: And then one more from Caroline Levit today cut number forty.
Speaker 3: The President's view on all of this remains the same today as it did yesterday, and I think it speaks volumes about the leadership of this President that he went directly to all of you members of the press corps. He was asked, do you want someone else to go out and do a briefing, and he said, no, I will tackle this story. I will discuss it. The people need to hear from me about the situation. And so his thoughts on this remained the same today. He has plays great trust in his national security team. And as for the usage of signal, as the President said yesterday, as the CIA director has testified under oath, this is an approved app. It's an encrypted app. The Department of Defense, the Department of State, the CIA has it loaded onto government phones because it is the most secure and efficient way to communicate. As for again the original situation in this messaging thread, the National Security Council, the White House Counsel's Office continues to look in to how this mistake, which the National Security Advisor has owned, occurred, and the President has ensured they are doing that.
Speaker 1: I think it's a pretty good summary. Six Skip Roland. You're going to go to a mark in Derry, New Hampshire. Mark next on Nice.
Speaker 4: I go ahead, Uh, yeah, Hi, I do definitely want to talk about this, uh, this single app. But if you would allow me. I heard is a news story on your nine o'clock news that was completely and totally inaccurate and wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't hear the news story, and I prefer you take that up with the news management team. Give them a call tomorrow. I didn't hear the story.
Speaker 4: Therefore, it's difficult what I thought you were going to say, Well, you don't want me to be critical of your news department.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. Look, let me once you just listen, open your ears and listen to what I'm telling you. I do when nine o'clock happened, I go and I get a glass of water or something like that. So I don't know the news story you're talking about. If you have a problem with a news story, all you got to do is call the newsroom tomorrow and ask to talk with the news director, and I'm sure they'll take your call and raise whatever the question is. But you're going to tell me something that I didn't hear. If I told you listening to the nine o'clock news, what story was it, we could have a conversation about it. But you could tell me that the news department at nine o'clock could have been talking about elephants flying over Boston. I didn't hear it. So if you want to talk about the topic at hand, I'd love to talk about that. But if you want to talk about a news story that I haven't heard, I'm not going to engage in conversation with you and mislead you or the audience. Well, I'm going to defend what you know. If they made a mistake, bring it to their attention, but you can't bring it to my attention on the show. I'm trying to do my show simple as that. If you want to talk about this raid or how it.
Speaker 4: Happened, may I move on?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 1: You could, certainly, I'm encouraging you.
Speaker 4: To do that ahead, Thank you, thank you. Okay, st Yesterday I was watching the Senate subcommittee asking questions of Trump's intelligence team. Yeah, okay, And there was a there was a senator from.
Speaker 1: Oregon, Ron Wyden is his name?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: I was trying my best to forget his name, but thank you.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 4: He's no different than uh, the two senators you have in Massachusetts, Warren and Markey. They're both uh far left Democrats, ones on the West coast. The other two are on the East Coast. But they're both from extremely blue blue and blue areas.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you have two Democratic senators in New Hampshire.
Speaker 4: What's your point, Mark, Dan, that's a relevant to my point?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I don't know what your point is. That's why I'm asking you what. You don't have to spend a lot of time, you know what, Mark, I'm telling you. I'm losing it with you. Mark, thanks for the call, simple as that. I don't need a lecture. I know who Ed Marky is and I know who Elizabeth Warren is. We're gonna reset, We're gonna take a break. That probably was the most wasted phone call of the night. But Mark never fails to uh to fulfill that that standard six one seven. I don't know what point he was trying to make. Maybe you do six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. I got one line there in six one seven, nine three thirty. I'm getting a little impatient with callers who do not want to engage the conversation tonight, I hope some of you do. We'll be back on night Side now.
Speaker 2: Back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: Back to the phones. We go. Let us chat with Peter in New York. Peter, appreciate your patience you held through the news and through Mark's phone call from Derry, New Hampshire.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Peter, Mark almost made me hang up. Sorry, Dan, I think that I don't understand one of the first basic things here. Why is the government using a public platform for encrypted calls?
Speaker 1: Well, according to what we have just heard from Caroline we Levet, the White House Press Secretary, the government considers it the most secure encrypted app.
Speaker 6: Now, I think that we got a bunch of morons in the government because because I would never let the public know what.
Speaker 5: I use, because the hackers could get in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Again, I don't know how. I don't know how good this app is. I'm not an exit it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I use what I use What's app for calling overseas.
Speaker 1: It's called what's app? Okay? And is that secure app?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It's secure. It's secure and in the textile business we've used it for years. But let me throw something else at it.
Speaker 1: Maybe we have maybe for the fun of it here, Peter, Maybe there's someone out there who can tell us what they think is the most secure app. Obviously, this app was secure. In other words, we never would have known about this if some knucklehead hadn't looped in Jeff Goldberg, the editor in chief. Now, let's assume that they missdialed and they were looking for someone, and they put you on the phone. All of a sudden, you would have been looking at your phone and saying, what the hell is this? And you know you're trying to figure it out. I'm trying to figure it out. Goldberg thought it was a joke. He didn't think it was real until what he read at twelve clock eleven twelve o'clock came true a few minutes later, when when the bombs are actually dropped.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you. Let me you see, I have always been under the impression that when the government is making secure communications, no one else can get on that line, no one else. If they were hacking.
Speaker 1: Okay, Peter, if they were in what's called a secure skiff, And skiff is an acronym, and I'm not sure, I'm not sure what that means in terms of what it stands for. But you'll often hear that there was a skiff, and it is a either a tent that I believe that when the president travels. Let's assume Donald Trump is doing an event, they have secure rooms. If in case, Donald Trump had to get on the phone and talk to Vladimir Putin instantaneously and say, hey, we just got a report that you guys have have put you know, your rockets on ready to fire mote. I'm just making this up. Okay, you can't wait around, and he could get to houton immediately. That goes back to the old hotline in the in the White House, the red phone that Jack Kennedy put in with Khrushchev. So if there is this, but as they said, they have these skiffs in Washington where these are secure rooms. When they have a crisis and they have to brief members of the Senate, they can go in that room and no one's going to the room is impenetrable. No one can hack it. On this one, I don't know enough about this app. All they can tell you is that the reason the guy was on the app, Goldberg didn't hack in. He was. They made a human error. It's like call it a wrong number. So I don't know. I wish, I wish I had someone out there who was a professional who could say to me, look, at of the ten most secure apps in this country. I'm just making this up, but if they said the ten most secure apps in this country, this one, this one isn't even listed. No, I mean, I don't know. But apparently was used by the Biden administration. It's been I guess that it's used by all members of government. They got to change it up at this point because.
Speaker 6: Everybody knows what they use it. Let me leave you with another thought. Okay, who would ease have been hitting now?
Speaker 5: Afraid is over a year?
Speaker 1: More than a year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And if you if you're in the purchasing business from overseas, it's you hear about it a lot. And what the the freight lines have done is instead of going through the Suez and the Red Sea, they've been going through around South Africa, which causes them courted them two weeks of time and two weeks of fuel, and sooner or later they're going to hit some more.
Speaker 1: I think they hit them after the fifteenth. I think that they're continuing to hit them. If you if you look at the Times today, the Times basically has a breakdown of everything that was on the app. It's it's so Goldberg had the whole thing. He released part of it on Monday. He released the whole thing today, and they had some of the New York Time correspondents explaining what some of the pieces of information meant. And apparently they were going after one guy who was on the ground and they knew where he was and they was like a leader of the hooties. I don't know if he's the number one guy or not, but they knew where he was. They knew where he was going. He was going to his girlfriend's apartment. They hit and they on the it's it said, you know building has been that he's in. They know he was in the building. The building collapse. So they had some They had some source on the ground in Yemen that was able to tell us exactly where this dude was and also where he was going. And so Waltz writes, at two pm in the afternoon, typing too fast, the first target their top missile guy. We had positive idea on him walking into his girlfriend's building. And it's grammatical error there it's now collapsed or it is now collapsed, so it's not a grammatical error, but so they knew. Vance responds to that excellent. Radcliffe responds John Radcliffe says a good start. Yeah, it was a good start. They took the guy out, They took one of the big guys out, all right, and his girlfriend, I assume and everybody else in the apartment building.
Speaker 5: Absolutely all right, thanks beer, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Soon absolutely okay, thanks much. Six one seven thirty six one seven nine three one thirty Again, please don't be intimidated. I get mad at a couple of callers here because they were going off in another direction, uh, and trying to don't let them spoil the conversation. I would simply ask you to stay with us, stay with us here on night side.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Susan in wall famous next, Hi Susan, welcome, You're next one night side, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Hi Dan, Hey Susan.
Speaker 7: Oh waiyah.
Speaker 1: I'm doing okay. I've had some interesting calls tonight, some really yeah.
Speaker 7: I know. I was like listening to the one that started arguing with you or something.
Speaker 1: He always he's one of these guys. He's he's he's a different sort of guy, a different sort of person, and you can't even have a conversation with them. It was like, sign w nine, he's going to use my program my program to criticize w BC's nine PM newscast. I have no idea what he's talking about. If he thinks I'm sitting here listening to the newscast, I might listen to the first story, and then I'm I may have to use the restroom, I may have to go get a drink of water. I may need to want to stretch my legs. Yes, but he's the smartest guy in the world, and so therefore I need to I need to be instructed by him and told that we have two senators here in Massachusetts who are on the progressive end of the Democratic Party. What's that got to do we're talking about anyway, go ahead, what what's your thought here on the on this raid.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just you know, I hope that Social Security doesn't go out and my home MEDICID doesn't go out, because I have both of them, and you know, I live by myself, and you know, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I'm going to this social Security is not going to go out. President. If President Trump wants to commit political suicide, then social security should he should cut social Security. The fact of the matter is, in my opinion that that is the third rail of politics, and he said himself, there's going to be no cutbacks in socialcurity. What they're going to do with social security is they are going to probably raise the retirement age a couple of months or maybe even a half a year. And they're trying to you know, which they have already done. It used to be that retirement age was sixty five and as sixty six, and I think it's up to sixty seven in a couple of months. So he will raise it up on people who are now working. Medicare is not going to get cut I mean again, these politicians, none of them. If they just want to, you know, lose, they can do that.
Speaker 9: It would be really that's true.
Speaker 1: So I don't think you should lose any sleep over this. Let me ask you this, Are you on so scurty? Now?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I am? Okay, What what time I have I get so scurty because I've I've worked for a long time and even though I'm still working, I I'm able to uh take you know, I'm over the minimum age to take. Trust me of that, Susan. So I get my SO security check the second Wednesday of every month. When did your so scurity check?
Speaker 7: Arrive, I say, I get mine. The first and the third I get too, S S I and S S D I.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, okay, so every month you get the first.
Speaker 5: And the third.
Speaker 1: Did you get him in February when after Trump was inaugurated.
Speaker 7: Yes, I did. I got him in March too.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so we're two months. For two months, you're going to be just fine. Okay, that's so you don't let you You're going to read all sorts of arguments here. You're going to read all sorts of people who are saying different things, you know, don't allow them to discomfort you. These are programs that you have earned your money for that you're paid into that others are paid into. You'll. You'll get your you'll you'll get your so security checks and UH and your and your Medicare and all of that, and so please don't worry. I I really mean that. And I hope that you're listening to me, and you'll take my word for it.
Speaker 7: I'll listen to you. I I just started listening to your program again, you know, after after a while, after a long time. So now I have it on and I'm listening so well. I appreciate that and I just would call up and say hi, and well thank you, and.
Speaker 1: I will always tell you the truth, okay, And and.
Speaker 7: The truth is I believe you, I believe.
Speaker 1: But also the reason it is the truth is that if if Donald Trump did that, you would have you would have people marching on the Capitol for very different reasons.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And so that's not gonna happen. Uh, in my humble opinion. And he's also on the record. It's not like Donald Trump on the record said something like well, I don't have an intention now to do anything. He said, it's not gonna happen. And even though some politicians can can mislead us, that's not the sort of thing a politicians going to most lead us on. Be well, Susan, Okay, and keep me posted next month. Okay. You're gonna get your checks and I'm gonna hopefully get mine as well. Thanks, Thanks, Susan.
Speaker 10: All Right, Hey, I're gonna take a quick break here, let's get back to more calls six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty.
Speaker 1: Your reaction to the big story. This is the story of the week. I could not have anticipated this story. But this is the story of the week, and it is It is royal Washington, d C. The Democrats have one take on it, the Republicans have another. I'm trying to look at it as coldly as I can. Let's try to stay focused on it. Even though Mark wanted to talk about the nine pm WBZ newscast, God only knows what he was going to say. He's not my most credible caller. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 2: It's night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: All right, it's right back to the phones. We go, gonna go to Theodore down in Maryland, theatore next to Knightsager.
Speaker 11: Right ahead, Sir, I wanted to know if I got comment on what the lady said about Social Security.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 11: I worked there for fifteen years and the work was very satisfying. We got people calling every day, changing addresses direct deposit on the thirty first of March. I'm sure the lady may not know, but on the thirty first of March, any of your listeners who want to change their bank information, they're gonna have to go into the Social Security Office. There's a law that say they have to notify people like me and you that they're gonna close offices. They're closing forty seven offices across the country. Now we don't get a notice about it. This means people are gonna be lined up at the office. People are gonna have to wait several hours to get through. And they're cutting staff at the Social Security building. They're laying people off, they're firing people.
Speaker 1: So when you know that, we know that, Theodore, I understand that, But we know that. All of just saying is is that that lot of the stuff, which I'm not a fan of because I'm kind of like you old school, but a lot of the stuff now will be done online. And if, uh if, if it doesn't work the Trump administration, if if what if? The if? What you paint as a picture that there's going to be people standing out in the cold or whatever they'll have, they'll have to adjust to it. I mean they're not crazy. Well, see, there are things that I have to do. I have to on my uh from my job. I have to use a computer. Okay, I had to learn how to use the computer.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 11: But but one point, then, Dan, I can't put words in your mouth, but you you you you always try to soothe your people. You don't to me, you don't use the right language when you tell these people trust you, and when you look at who else you're telling you the trust.
Speaker 5: Well, hold on.
Speaker 1: Excuse me one, excuse me theater if I could, She said to me she was concerned she wasn't going to get her check. Okay, Now, we could freak people out if you want. But you know as well as I do that that woman who told me Susan that she gets her check on the first and the third of the month, he gets she gets a so Security check, and she gets some sort of uh a disability check. She's gonna get both of those checks on April first and third. She's gonna get those checks on May first and third. I wasn't trying to soothe her. I was trying to basically say to her, Look, you'll get your checks, that's all. Now, maybe you'll have to somehow go to a library and have someone help you if you want to change your direct deposit bank. I'm not thrilled about that because that's a pain of the neck for me. I've been to SOID security offices and I've sat on my butt in those offices for thirty minutes or an hour and a half.
Speaker 11: So anyway, well wish stretched that out, Dan to two or three hours, and you just see it.
Speaker 1: They may see what it Happenedt's see what happened, Theodore. Why don't we wait and see what happens? That's your prediction. I can say to you, well, they're gonna have to wait five hours. My question to you, here's my question to you. For the woman who's listening. You used to work for Social Security. Was there anything that I said to her that was incorrect? They have raised the retirement age slightly, so people no longer can retire with full benefits at sixty five as they used to. Am I correct on that theatre.
Speaker 11: That's true, But let me tell you something. Would you just see it? You said that's your prediction. Then people listen to you and they need facts. This change in social Security. You may think it's hyperbole, but this change is going to cause a massive disruption in people's lives the direct.
Speaker 1: If that is true, Theodore, If that is true, If that is true, I want you to call me back, and I want you to tell me Dan, I told you on at eleven thirty nine on March twenty third, Wednesday, March twenty sixth, that there was gonna be a man. I want you to call me back, Theodore, but you cannot tell me something is true. I can tell you the sun's going to rise in the east tomorrow, that's true. But I can't tell you if there's going to be a traffic action that's going to tie up the city of Boston. Do you want to talk about the other issue in front of us time, because we've gone five minutes on something which is which is a little more different from what we wanted to talk.
Speaker 11: Just in closing, yeah, I want you to pull up the Commerce secretary who hit Social Security. Go on the assistant. He said on one of the councils one of the A conference, he said, you know, I got a ninety fer old grandmother. If she got hurt, didn't get her a check, he wouldn't say nothing. But most people if they didn't get their check, and they thought of screaming. Those the people who we should not give Social Security continue their benefits because there asgreement about something and that's they're wrong. So Dan, I'm just to me raising an alarm that if you look at this administration and the history of the man who hits it. People should be not afraid. They should be greatly concerned because it's worse than you think.
Speaker 1: Well, you might see them. Well, let's see what happens. You listen to my show all the time. Okay, I have criticized this administration when they're wrong, but I'm going to wait for them to be wrong before I criticize them. That's all. Okay, it's as simple as that. We can have a disagreement. We have them all the time. But I want you to call me back when your prediction, and it's a prediction, and a prediction, by definition, is not a fact. A fact is something that has occurred. A prediction is something that you think might occur. When your prediction turns out to be a fact, come on back and call me and and I will acknowledge you a correct of that. I hope no one is inconvenience. Will there be some people inconvenience, sure? Sure, But but I don't want people in my audience to be going to bed tonight thinking they're not gonna get their their SoC Security check, because that, as a fact I can tell you, is not true. They will get this.
Speaker 11: So scurity one closing point, they said they're not gonna cut social security. Now, let me explain when they when when when they said they're not gonna tax those securities. When a guy's working and they gets so security at a certain age, he can make all the one when he says they're not gonna tax solid security. Those taxes that people make when they're making Social Security and they have a certain limit, those taxes go back into the Social Security Trust Fund. When they stop taxing people who are making so security and working, that's gonna help deplete the fund even more so. They are very they're very subtle about what they say.
Speaker 1: And you know what, Theodore, I think you have become so anti Trump that that that that you just you want to go off and uh and and criticize them for everything. I mean criticizing Trump.
Speaker 11: I'm anti injustice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, I'm in favor of injustice, Theodore, because that's how we disagree. I love injustice. I did the injustice of getting those guys out of prison who have been wrongfully uh convicted by corrupt FBI agents. That was my best example of me supporting injustice. Give me a break, the Theatore, Give me a break, I'll talk to you soon. Good night. I mean I'm in favor of I'm in favorite justice. I mean, how about that? Are you a favor of truth? Justice and the American Wave? Theodore? I would want you know, come on, come on. I've had a bunch of tough callers tonight, some of them who I think have have. I should have put Mark from Derry, New Hampshire on with Theodore theaterore. At least normally I can talk to I couldn't talk to him tonight. Back on night's side. No, I'm not gonna go back on nights. They're gonna be right back to the calls. Bob and Worcester. Bob, it's only forty three. I'm gonna get you in it before the break. Go ahead, Bob.
Speaker 8: The best secure site is whatsappened. And the reason is, yeah, WhatsApp It's called Piet or Pierre. And what that means is nobody can break in and the phone calls cannot be traced. The problem with it is the hackers use this all the time because they know their phone cannot be traced.
Speaker 1: Well, if that is true, and you say it with a ring of credibility, then I have learned something. I would assume that there's someone within the government, and I believe that there are people within the government who know a lot more about this than I do. I would hope that someone within the government would know that, and that they if it is true, and I suspect that it very well might be true, I would hope that the government switches to that sooner rather than later.
Speaker 8: I just don't understand is why they're sending this kind of information on a web page and a website and a phone that is used by every civilian everywhere I go on dating.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask you this. You know more about this than I do. Okay, The information as it is transferred from one person to the other is encrypted, correct, Okay? Have you ever received materials that are encrypted?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 12: Oh, okay, well I have I have, Okay, and I guarantee you that if something is encrypted, they are not going to be able to break into that encryption.
Speaker 1: And the reason I say that is when I need to receive information from my accountant on my taxes, it is sent to me in an encrypted form, so I have to know my password to unencrypted. You understand what I mean by that, right?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay? So if they sent my information to you by mistake. Let's say and you said, Oho, I wonder what this is. In order for you to break into that encrypted information which was sent to you by mistake, you would have to know my password if it was intended for me. Would you How would you get my password?
Speaker 5: It would be difficult exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what encryption is, okay. Now, in this particular instance, the reason that the reporter was on the chain, if you will, okay, was because some knucklehead put his number on the chain. So, in other words, let's assume that I'm doing a zoom call tomorrow with my accountant and we're going to have an encrypted conversation, and I buy mistake put you on the zoom. I'm an idiot because I just basically have defeated the security purpose of the conversation. And that's what happened here. Do you understand that, well, no one hacked into this. It wasn't like this guy from the Atlantic Monthly hacked into it. He was inadvertently invited into it.
Speaker 8: Now, Uh, this knucklehead did he decide to use a signal?
Speaker 1: I believe that the decision decision to signal, the decision to use signal I believe was made from what I can see, and I don't have the investigatory powers. I'm good, but I'm not that good. Of the United States government. I believe it was Hegsath the Department of Defense who chose signal okay.
Speaker 11: Administration, No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: I believe that Biden, the Biden administration reportedly used that. Okay, but I believe that this particular uh uh, you know, signal chat how whatever you want to call it, was choosed, was chosen. No, Actually it was Waltz who chose it, because I'm looking at it, says team establishing a principals group on February or March thirteenth, that's Thursday, March thirteenth, establishing I'm looking at it here a principals group for coordination on hoodies, particularly for over the next seventy two hours. My deputy Alex Wong is pulling together a tiger team of deputies agency chief of staff level, following up with the meeting in the sit room situation room this morning for action items, and we'll be sending that out later this evening. Please provide the best staff point of contact from your team for us to coordinate with over the next couple of days and over the weekend. Thanks. Okay. A tiger team is a group of people assembled for a particular task by the National Security Council. Here this scording New York Times, mister Waltz is talking about bringing together aids to the Principles to work specific problems related to the stepped up campaign against the hoodies. That's according to the New York Times.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I understand. Now, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm glad. I'm glad you do, and I understand it to that extent. All right, Bob, appreciate your call. You were one of the most rational callers of the night. I thank you very much. I mean that. Thanks stuck to you said good night. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: There we go, folks. We get about six minutes left. I got three callers. Nobody's going to get more than two minutes. It's as simple as that. John and Pennsylvania, you are next on Nightside.
Speaker 9: Go right ahead, John, Well, thank you for taking my call. You and I would agree that mister Goldberg did the right thing. Yes, in this case, correct, he did. Yes, he did all right. When Pete Heegsas attacked mister Goldberg on television and also deny that any war plans or discuss that was a false That was.
Speaker 1: The right question two part questions that you just asked me. The attack was gratuitous and unnecessary, and if Heseth was smart, he should have commended him for not releasing the materials earlier. There were certainly specifics there. I was in the military, but I was not at a level where I could call that war plans or not. But I would agree with you on the first part of it, and I'll withhold my comment on the second part because he described what he described what was about to happen, uh.
Speaker 9: And we that were going to be used.
Speaker 1: Yes, he did right, But again war war plans could be whether or not the word plans is appropriate. There is what he could sneak off the hook.
Speaker 9: And mister Waltz when he went on the lor Ingrid, I'm sorry to mention that another media figure. He went on another media Ye, another another media let's say a friendly meet yeah program.
Speaker 1: Very friendly to walls. Chef.
Speaker 9: Go ahead took the administration.
Speaker 1: We got thirty seconds left, go ahead, he.
Speaker 9: Again, he attacked the reporter also even implied that somehow the importer had had conspired to be added to the call.
Speaker 1: Perhaps absolutely wrong. The mistake. I want an investigation, and the mistake will probably prove it was either Walls or one of his aides.
Speaker 9: And tell and Pausey Gabbard. Uh, would you say that she was candid in her initial testimony?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: No, she candid?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I said no. And John, we just did two minutes. I have two other people. If you called earlier, I'll give you more time. I'm done.
Speaker 9: But all the candor and jo would expect from.
Speaker 1: John, I've done. John. I'm going to be polite and tell you call early and give you much more time. I got two other people. I got to accommodate. Thank you. Uh, Terry, you got two minutes. Go fact, you had about a minute and a half. Terry, I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 13: Okay, Hi. Dam So, this is a very serious breach, obviously, but it happened. They need to own it, they need to apologize for it, they need to fix it. They need to make sure that that app is never used again. But here's my concern, Dance, were all of the people's phones that were connected to this conversation now hackable because it's.
Speaker 2: Out no one was hacked.
Speaker 1: No one was hacked here.
Speaker 13: Well, no, I understand that.
Speaker 1: But now I don't know if I don't know if the phones that are used by the officials are hackable. I don't know if they Someone might tell me all phones are hackable, or someone might be able to tell me these aren't. But I don't know the answer to that. Terry, I hate to do this to you, but I got one other person he's going to get about thirty seconds.
Speaker 13: You have a wonderful lesson. You're nice dance, you need too good to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Terry, talked to you soon. Tony. What have we got left? Rob? How much?
Speaker 11: Well? I, Tony, go right ahead.
Speaker 1: You got thirty seconds, Tony, go ahead?
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 14: I'm not as first in it. I thought I was about the whole situation. So I'm gonna withhold my comment. And I had to want to suggest that maybe they stopped using all these applications and go back sitting in a room with the coda silence.
Speaker 1: Let's get Maxwell smart, Maxwell smart, the coda silent. Uh, you know, Tony, that was yours? The best call of the night. It was the quickest and it actually made me giggle. Thank you so much. That was a good lie.
Speaker 14: Thank you you had tonight. I did you need a giggle?
Speaker 1: Thanks Buddy, I appreciate its my favorite caller of the night. You and Terry. Thanks, talk to you soon. Good night. All right, we had done for the night. I want to thank Rob. Rob. I don't know where you found some of them tonight, but god, they were funny. I want to thank Marita. I want to thank all the callers, including Mark from New Hampshire and uh and my friend and I say that respect thankfully, my friend Theodore from Maryland. All end us always, all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pale Charlie ray Is who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's why your pets are who were passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see it again tomorrow night on Nightside. I will be on Facebook nice side with Dan Ray in about two minutes. I'm gonna have a lot to say and I will see you tomorrow night. Have a great Thursday. Everyone. Good night,