Speaker 1: Right now. Supposedly, Warner Bros. Wants to make Barbie two. Obviously Barbi one massive hit, right that summer billion dollar movie, So you want to make that. Greta, Margot, Robbie Ryan Goslin Are like, yeah, we're on board. Warner Bros. Is like great, But then apparently when they come to the money side, Greta, Gosling and Robbie, they want a lot of money. No, Dot, it's a billion dollar movies and as of right now, Warner Bros. Says, Hey, we don't want to pay that, And Greta's like, hey, I even got like it sounds like she's writing a script or has a script like, hey, we could get this to go. We will be good to go. He's gonna say the word, and I guess Zazov says he felt like the price they were all asked for was too egregious. But here's the monkey wrench tailor is. I guess If by December Warner Brothers does not pay them and decide to make a sequel to Barbie two, Mattel is gonna take the rights away from Warner Bros. And go to a different studio and reboot Barbie. So Ossie wouldn't be with Margot and all that, but they would just make a new Barbie film. What do you do if you're David zas Off in this situation, tam Do you give people this big money and hopefully strike lightning like lightning strikes twice in the same place, or do you just go, you know what, we don't want another Joker Too situation where the first minute billion, this doesn't that's wipe our hands? What do you do? Taylor?
Speaker 2: The Joker Too situation is the first thing that comes to my mind. It's such a good example, and I mean you have to be cautious of that outcome for sure, because what was the ian What was the budget for Joker Too? All?
Speaker 1: So much more money that the same thing, because Gaga, Phillips and Walking all got big pay raises versus the first one, right, so it sounds like that would happen here, which again, you could make that case of it. It was a billion dollar thing, right, so you can say, hey, we want to come back because we made it in this huge it could be a franchise, but you need us back, right So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: So you're on the camp. So you're on the camp of for sure, No, for sure, No, then I but some matel takes that franchise, they go somewhere else in that movie is almost like close to a billion again, right, it's not grand then, but what if it's just like people want to see Barbie because like I could argue that Barbie that's a great summer movie, right, you market it right? It has that vibe of beach and fun time, pretty colors. Do you look like the idea goes somewhere else makes a bunch of money. It's like, hey, you let Barbie go? We could have had that, you know, m.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean your place. It is a rock on our place. I think it's because I was thinking about this earlier too. I I don't think it's gonna do as good as the first one. And I do think though that because a good comparison might be the Lego Movie. And I think about it, Yeah, because Lego Movie two. What did that do compared to the first one? Because the first Legle movie did pretty well, but that second one didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it did so bad. It's so underwhelming that that kind of killed those those movies. You know, Yes, what is it like? But then can you not look at because someone not say like, oh, Barbie could be like a superhero brand, where like the Spider Man movies. Look, spider Man Far from Home comes and then knowing home is bigger, No Way Home, and then brand New Day is bigger. Right, It's not the exact same, but there are situations where there's movies that make a billion and they can Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises right again, superhero stuff. But they could say, I think Barbie is like a superhero project but for females, right in that sort of sense, like big ip, big characters, big world. So you could make that case that we could be the female superhero or like Taylor was product. Right, the second one comes out massive compared to.
Speaker 3: The first, right, No, just under seven hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also there was some time but you could see them in that board. We're making that pitch for Barbie two, being like we could be the next product too, it could be even bigger. Right, what did you like a movie to make?
Speaker 2: So the first one made a wonderful was it worldwide? Four hundred and sixty eight million?
Speaker 1: It wasn't the second like three hundred something or under three hundred.
Speaker 2: The second one points.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, that's why those things stopped.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's a Barbie situation. Although oh once, this all though, so.
Speaker 3: Lego Batman movie.
Speaker 1: Is how we keep Taylor awake. He's looking at stats. I haven't seen him so awaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, Sony came out in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Stuff, what never any storied part two make Taylor?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well the Batman came out between Lego Movie one and two's and that did all right?
Speaker 1: Didn't that do like three hundred something? Or did that did two hundreds? Actually, like I thought, Lego Batman two did a lot less than we all thought I was gonna do, especially with the great reviews and twelve million. Yeah three, that's what I thought. It was like three hundred something, so yeah, which again not bad, but they were definitely going down, right.
Speaker 3: And they were trending down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm with you. I guess for me, it just has to like, let me see now, I'm look at my stats here, Barbie budget, I just gotta see the budget that first movie is right, because if it's a situation, so even then right, like the budget of the first movie one one forty five, that's not crazy for like how good the movie looked, and for those stars that they had in it, I would have like, I would really have to know how big. And that's the rumored quote is that they they want egregious raises, right, but I'd have to know how big I think. I know this might sound crazy, but I think if they even got up to two fifty, right, so another one hundred million more, I might Taylor where I don't think Barbie two would do as good as one. I think, you know, there was the Barbenheimer. I think the magic of the first one helps elevate it. But I don't think it would be like Joker too or I don't think it would bomb. Barbi two I think would still be a success. I think it could still be in that like six hundred and eight hundred million if done, if good, if it's a ship storm, then yeah, but I think it could still be hit, especially make sure it's in the summer. So that's where it's like, even if you go to two fifty, what you gonna make five hundred? Like, I do you think a Barbie film could make five hundred million? Taylor Barbie two, ooh, really think five or a million?
Speaker 2: I think it is and that's just because the damage up again Lego movie and then Joker too, but.
Speaker 1: Then I gave you The Spider Man Far from Home, Dark Knight Rises. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But for me, the way I had canonate is.
Speaker 2: This movie just kind of falls in line with those other ones before at that where sequels just don't seem to take off. And if it does, I mean I'll chew my words, but I just don't necessarily see the Well, look.
Speaker 1: It's not a sequel. But like I think you mean were on Lyne, we didn't think out he's gonna make a billion, It's gonna make a billion, right. We thought I was gonna do less than Alpenheimer and that's gonna Now it's projected Taylor to make one point four to one point five, not even just one billion, like almost like half a two billion. So it's just like you never know. So I'm in the camp I'm against say that. I think it could make five hundred. It's just a question of what the goal is and I same thing, what do you think makes more money? Taylor? The Barbie two movie with Gossing, Robbie and Grete back as director or Mattel rebooting at a different studio.
Speaker 3: Who rebooting a different studio.
Speaker 1: What I still go with the sequel because I just feel like people, especially Grian Gossling as Ken, I feel like people want more of that, where like you have to what if you go to another studio and you get a bunch of new actors and it's like, oh, like like Robbie's not back. It feels like one of those like trait to DVD sequels back in the day where they don't have all the original actors back. Right, But do you think a reboot would do better than a two?
Speaker 3: I feel like it could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's bold, it's bold, but I do feel like it it could.
Speaker 1: Huh. Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna have to maybe make a discord poll at some point, so I'm in there. Now here's the question. Now, I asked you what you think what you would do? What do you think Warner brother does? Like, what do you think they decide? Do you think they cough up and pay the money or do the think they stand back and say we're not going to do it. They got till December de side, oh cough of the money? I think so too, Especially right now, we haven't talked about much that Paramount deal got blocked. It could still happen, but I'm not sure if you saw this Taylor, where like I can't remember what it oh, I can't remember what it is, so like it gets blocked and I think they have something like in the Fall to figure it out, and then what happens if they don't figure out on the Fall gets kicked to like April whatever, and it's something like almost every quarter Paramount has to pay Warner Brothers like two to three billion dollars because they're like the day the deal has been delayed, It's like if this lawsuit doesn't get settled, they just gn't get sending money to them. So like Paramoun could be like blean out a bunch of money. They got a lot of Britchi people are fine, but I just think if you're Warner Bros. You gotta operate. Let's say Paramount doesn't buy us, right, we're not combining those other franchises. I think Barbie is a franchise, and I think you call up the money to take a risk. Now, granted, I was the same idiot that said about Joker too to walk it back, though I never thought Joker two was gonna get that, like those budgets were gonna go so raised, right. I thought it was gonna be relatively same. It's like, oh the bombs whatever, You're fine, that did bomb. So I was somebody that said I don't take the risk. I still think Barbie two is way more accessible than Joker too, So I still think they call of the money and do it. I guess we'll find out in December. And then our last topic, speaking about Warner Brothers, this weird story. So Tay, sit with me now, I'm gonna read you something. So Austin, a couple of weeks ago, we heard, hey night elm Street. Fine, the Cravens have sold it to Paramount, and I thought that was it. But I don't know what happened here, so never blah blah blah. A report late Thursday night from Puck News says that not only is Paramount trying to get a new film out the ground, but Warner Bros. Is also developing a project, which is interesting because they're buying them, so you would think that they would just like pause and like let's figure this out after right, But the Paramount project was revealed a few days ago, and as reportedly based off the original script by Wes Craven. Now Warner Brothers project has detailed, with Lee Cronin attached to direct. Lee Cronan did The Mummy and he did Evil Dead Rise if you remember that name. Warner Bros. Holds the international rights for nightmar elm Street and would look to release the film internationally, with Paramount handing the domestic distribution for the complicating the manners Paramount's deal to buy Warner Brothers. Surely if this goes through, only one of these films would be made. Let's see. And here's where it gets weird. Sources with knowledge of the matter. I think Paramount figured by the time their movie got underway that Warner deal would have been closing. Warriors would have been compelled to release the Paramount version overseas, but Warners Michael de Luke and Pama Abley didn't care for that plan. Now they're looking to make their own movie, which they can only distribute overseas, and our talks to with Lee Cronin to produce Brange. So this is so fucking weird. So I guess Warner Bros. Has the right to Nightmare on Eland Street non Canada in America, So They're like, we're gonna make this film and release it overseas where Paramount has the domestic distribution right, so they'll release it here. So I guess Paramount was like, hey, we're buying you, so don't make that movie. Let's just get together. We're gonna make one movie. And Warner Brothers people running there like that world still gonna make this international one. And then the other thing that was super weird they didn't have in this article, but apparently the Paramount version. I don't think this is gonna be true, but the rumor was that it was a uh, it was gonna be based off the original script, and it was gonna be like a shot for shot remake of the original Nightmare on Elm Street, where the new one with or the Warner Bros. One was gonna be like just like new, like a reboot. So what do you think? Obviously it's a mess. I don't know if it's gonna happen. I think they'll figure that all out. But if I think, I know your answer. But if you're looking at the shot for shot remake or the reboot, which way are you going with Taylor?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, probably the shot for shot remake. What the fuck are You're pulling the opposites here?
Speaker 1: You're joking? Are you fucking kidding me? H? Isn't that right?
Speaker 3: How brother? They're they are going out of their way to fuck me.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck, I feel like it's safe, and I feel like that's exactly what they want to do with this character. I think that it's it's it's just.
Speaker 1: A twenty ten one was kind of a it was a shot for shot, but it was a remake where I had a lot of similar scenes and story beats.
Speaker 2: Though true, and again I haven't seen all of them, so I don't know all and any of them from that original.
Speaker 1: But you even do the retro now that this is actually happening, you know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I do think though that a shot for shot remake is just gonna be safe in their books, and I feel like they don't have the balls to something else that's a little more improvised, right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, do you think that there is any so? Like, Okay, I guess I'll say I'll ask this question after I I don't want to at all because I want them to do something new. I think that twenty ten one scarred me, especially there's a shot the classic one of Freddy pushing his head through the wall in the twenty twenty one at CGI and he's just run around like it does all the original stuff, but worse in my opinion, any of you're gonna remake it, sure, but a shot for shot remake to have it like identical to the old one but just updated, to me, is asking for a lot of trouble. Shot for shot remakes really don't usually work, especially if they gotta be like really old and like I still't think this is old enough to do.
Speaker 3: That, but it's obscure enough.
Speaker 2: Wow, No, because I mean it's obscure generation for a certain generation. Yeah, when I grew up, it was Michael Myers and it was Jason Vorhees and Chucky. Yeah, so I mean Freddy Krueger was just kind of on the back burner for my childhood, right.
Speaker 1: I guess. Yeah, it's weird because I'm surprised you didn't see those because like I had Chucky, but I had Freddy in there as well, you know, so I don't know why. I don't know where you missed out there, But that's right, Yeah, I very much hope this happens. Well, maybe two of them happen. But like, I want the new take, whether it's remaking another one, I want to full just this is our Freddy, We're doing something different. Don't care, change orge of it, don't care if it's a female this time, doesn't matter. I just don't. I just don't think the shot for shot remake. Now. Granted, yes, there is a whole new audience that might seem like oh great, But and I hope that's just like an exaggeration. I hope it's just a remake. I don't want a shot for shot because I do think there's a chances that that movie looks worse. So, Austie, I'm in the paramouna, in the Warner Brothers camp of doing something new. I guess I didn't ask you about that. How would you feel about Lee Cron And obviously you stidn't seen The Mummy yet?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: No? You sure? I think that's up your bandwig. But obviously after COVID we saw they released a bunch of movies. You saw a nightmareland Street, so you've only seen the one. But do you think Lee Krohne for Evil to Rise would be a good fit for this?
Speaker 2: Well, that just means it's gonna be a movie in the cinematic universe of people dead, right.
Speaker 1: Oh he better not better not touch upon it. No, you better not. That's only up for Sam to side. But as a what you see from Eel that Rise, do you look at them and be like, oh, this guy could make like a Freddy movie that's about dreams and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Hmmm hmm, Yeah, I mean not again.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen The Mummy, but from what I've seen from trailers, it feels like there's a lot of that kind of mental fuckery that the skuy Lee could could tackle.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think. Uh, obviously, I can't remember all my lists I looked up. I did delete it if you guys want to go back, if you're Freddy fans as well. A last month they did trest told you where I listed my top ten choices for actor and directors. Lee didn't quite get on there because I need to see more because I loved Rise. I did enjoy The Mummy, I think more than other people, but I wasn't like blown away by it as many people said. It did feel like Egle Dead Light, so I would want to see one more. But he's also not a name where I'm like, oh fuck, Like I'm like, okay, I got more faith. And what he did with Rise and what he did with Alissa Sutherland is I can't owe Ellie he I think he can show that he's tackled like a good villain, right, And I think that's a big thing even the Mummy did at some point. So I like that. Now my last question for this, and yeah, I want this version to do you think there's so I guess it all depends on the merger, right, But the thing is with this merger, I says blocked. I think it could still very much happen, but it could get Instead of it being closed like this summer, it could be not closed all the way to April twenty twenty seven, and even then it could be further because the rumor is like they want that to be the trial state for all these like anti trust laws and stuff. So if the trial starts in April, that means it could be a little while before it closes. So let's say we're in some weird situation where it takes a while or it doesn't close. Do you think this could work where Warner Brothers releases a Freddy movie but it's just overseas. And then Paramount releases the domestic movie, which is weird because that means does that mean I'm gonna find a way, But I guess that would mean like the that the Warner Bros. Won, Like I'll read while you're talking about, I think that would mean like we wouldn't get a theatrical release of the Freddy Kruger movie like by Warner Brothers, like the Lee Crohnin one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's weird, and I don't think I've ever heard of a I mean, I have as movies done that before. I mean, obviously it'd be two different versions. But that's just that's very very weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because yeah, Paramount got the domestic one, and Warner Brothers controls the franchise international distribution rights.
Speaker 3: To get partner up then right.
Speaker 1: No, because Warner Brothers could just say we're well, you'd have to partner with somebody, right, Because remember that's the reason Marvel can't do when you ask about weird stuff. They can't do a soul Halt because the Universal has the distribution rights to it, so they don't have to make a Hulk movie. But it's like if anyone makes a whole movie, you got to release it through us, So there is some weird things and even though it's not the exact same, remember that's weird shit where some people own Jason Voorhies and some people own Friday thirteenth, So like some of these fucking horror icons has some weird stuff going on. So like, do you think it's possibility where we get like two Freddy Kruger movies and one's domestic only and then one's international.
Speaker 2: I mean, after how you explained it, yeah, I could kind of, I could potentially see it happening, but again I've I have no recent memory of this being an actual thing anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just wonder, for I wonder what the finances are for both of them, right, because if it's like Paramount, you can do okay just Canada and America, but then you miss out everywhere else, right, So like I feel like an even warnable the same thing. You can go everywhere else but North America. I imagine once against the Blu ray DVD, it can go everywhere, So maybe they would think like we could make money there and on vod and stuff. But then I feel like, don't you feel like the budget has to be a lot lower for both of them. If like you take out for sure as markets and it's just like and it's tough because I'm like, you should combine the films, just figure it out. But then it also if they both don't agree. If if Paramants heavy and like, hey, we want to remake this and Warner Brothers teams like we want to like reboot it, and they can't agree. I don't know. At the end of the day, it would be very funny for myself, who's not got a movie since twenty ten. And then if I were to get two movies, because like, I don't care, I will find a way to see that international Freddy Kruger movie. I even if I pay, I will pay for it. If it's on vody sure, it's like remember what saw fucking uh? What was it? The Book of Spiral? We didn't get that and can I remember because the COVID times they just didn't release it here?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah's we.
Speaker 1: Define a friend find it for us, you know, like that sort of backup off a truck situation. So I will find a way, And it would be very funny if to the like if we got two Fredday Krueger's two movies. But then I think that also like hurts each other because people will be confused, like what's going on here, So I really don't know. It's a fascinating situation with these rights. But at the same time, if Paramount buys them and it goes through, then it goes away because then they just got the rights to both of them. So we'll have to see what happens. I don't know. I don't love the shot for shot thing, but as you can hear me and Taylor on different wavelengths for Barbie and this, so we'll have to see what happens. Let me check. I think that is everything. So that's all for the newscast tonight. Tale Fields It You did, easy, Easy, You're on the road, skull times. This guy, this guy man, he's you know, eventually you gotta get that. You gotta get those go out of pills that I popped one before I'm rocking.
Speaker 3: I did have a long str energy. No, sorry, I'm monster.
Speaker 2: It was a rain because they've got an orange creamsicle flavor. And that was on Saturday. That was the night that two o'clock, no supposed to be three day but yeah, Kirklam was up laying you're up late, and then I was I was a rod or not. It's like two o'clock in the morning, and that was that was great. I had it at like eight thirty and I was just wired working.
Speaker 3: It was nice.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's how I say people were working hard. Today is working on rod or not. I'm still working on some edits that I can't talk about. There's a couple of things I can't talk about yet that are gonna come out there. It's funny. I wanted to have the new opening ready for GV Day, but I think, you know, the Shawan Tombolt. There's something I really want to use in the new opening, but it would spoil something that's happening in GV Day. I'll just say the thing with the sky, the thing with the sky, Oh, the one that was really good, and I want to have that in the opening, but I don't know. So my theory is I might have the stream end with the opening, maybe start the opening with the og opener, and then say at the end like, oh, you know cool. That's what I think I might do because I really want that in there. So but yeah, we're we're working lots of stuff. We again, we try our best these streams, this and Extra Life. There is of course a podcast element at the gaming element, but we try and make it a show and worthroughw while in something different and special. So we hope to see a lot that's August. Like I said, we got other casts coming out this week, Taylor's on Side Quest me and TAYR got x men. We got a preview, maybe another newscast on Wednesday. If there's stuff, I'm gonna try a new Trys told you for Cape Crusader. We'll see And yeah, everyone keep listening to other reviews. Thank you very much for tuning in. I promise when you hear from us next it will not be boring.
Speaker 3: Bye bye