Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: Dan Ray for the Untellings, Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: All right, we are talking about your family Thanksgiving dinner. Now, I'm hoping that all of you have some group of people that you will spend part of Thanksgiving with, And in most cases it's going to be family members. Sometimes they're family members who you're not especially close to, but they're family members. Involves cousins and involves in laws, and you may see them just a handful of times a year. But I gotta tell you, it's an important day. And of course it gets complicated because people have strong feelings about the election that has just passed. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It really wasn't. I mean, I was afraid that we would have a really close election with electoral votes would be you know, two seven three to I don't know two sixty five or whatever that would be. And I was thinking, oh my god, can you imagine. But it wasn't that close. Uh, And it doesn't matter at this point. I think everybody has well they haven't accepted, but they certainly understand that there's nothing much that can be done to challenge the results of a decisive election. So my question is how are you going to handle it? I you know, in years past people have said, well, you just don't talk politics. Don't talk politics the elephant in the room. You know, what are you going to talk about the red Sox? I mean, I guess you could, but that's not going to be particularly uplifting. Talk about the patriots, I don't think so. I mean, talk about Drake May and say hey we've got a quarterback of the future, but emphasis is on future. Talk about the Bruins. How they doing? You talk about the celfic. Sure, but you know what I'm saying is that it will come up. It will come up. How are you going to handle it? I'm suggesting you handle it politely and you say either you say, gee, I got to be honest with you. I prefer not to say who I voted for, which is your right, you're progative. Or you could say I voted for Harris or I voted for Trump. Who have you voted for? I voted for the libertaire whomever, And people need to respect you for that. What whether you vote a Democrat or Republican. The people in the room might disagree with you, but they have to respect you, and I think this would be really a place to get that conversation started. Now we'll continue, let's keep going here. I'm going to go to Florence, Florence. How will you celebrate Thanksgiving? And what do you think do you think politics will come up?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, all, yeah, we don't talk politics at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that's one way to approach it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talk about a myth of all different things, okay, and we never talk politics.
Speaker 1: Well, then you're lucky. How big a gathering does your family generally have?
Speaker 3: Ten to fourteen?
Speaker 1: Ten to fourteen, that's pretty regular normal size. Are these Are you the host this year? Or does it rotate or what?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: My son?
Speaker 1: Oh good?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, And I just wanted to say I think a lot of people out there are ridiculous to let their political feelings interfere with their relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are biological relationships. You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives.
Speaker 3: Right, And I seem to be hearing that over the years, you know, especially this year, it gets you know, from other people.
Speaker 1: In general, and I think I think it could it could have been worse this year, for in my opinion.
Speaker 3: A total catastrophe, but it didn't quite get that far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but yeah, so I may think it's boring, but it isn't. It's good to stay away from politics. My father told me years ago when I was a teenager, that we don't talk politics or religion. And I'm not sure you've you've heard that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think I think everyone has heard that. And I think the the religion is even worse than the politics, because you're you're you're diving deep into somebody's you know, belief system and their soul, and uh, you know, at least politics people can share. People change politics all the time. You know, someone will say, well, I voted for Biden, but now I'm going to above for Trump, or or I voted for Trump the first time, but I'm not voting for the second time. People change politics all the time. Very rarely do people change religions. I mean, I think that religions sort of get instilled in you when you were in young People might become atheists or agnostics and realize they don't have a religious belief. But very rarely do you all of a sudden find out that someone went from being this to that so I think it's a good I think it's a solid plan that you and your family have. But you know, if it does come up, hey, whoever you voted for it, I'm never going to ask you. I could care less. You're my friend either way, and I think that you should treat your other family members as well. Thanks. Thanks so much, Florence. We'll talk soon. Thanks. If I don't talk to you, haven't that great Thanksgiving? Okay?
Speaker 3: You just saying thank you?
Speaker 1: I will thank you. I will. All right, We'll take a quick break here six one seven one line six one seven, two five, four, ten thirty coming right back on Nightside.
Speaker 2: Now, back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Nightside Studios on w b Z the news radio.
Speaker 1: Back we go. Let's go to Suzanne. Suzanne, you were up late tonight. What's going on?
Speaker 4: So say?
Speaker 5: I love l Dan, Thanks for taking like all. I have much to be thankful for this ice skiving. I will have here in my apartment, a car, the light nun and my friend Meredith Sylvaine who is singing turkey pot pies. I have all good fowers and it's fit Ray so will be lovely if it does that, and we will Paula takes off the menu.
Speaker 1: Susanne, that's what we're talking about. Love. I'm delighted.
Speaker 5: How I hear a certain age, but either rire sad the catboy be able to get out off the dead without breaking your help.
Speaker 1: Well that's good news too, Susanne. Thanks very much for the call. As always, I appreciate all the information. Thank you very much. Let me come next to Eileen and how I Leen? How are you?
Speaker 6: Oh? Well, I'm fine and I am just uh. I wanted to say that, Well, the last few years, I have a son who I've gone to the to what's called the National Day of Mourning down in Plymouth, and uh, that's because of the dispute over the pilgrim's treatment of Native Americans. Yes, and last yeah, last year I went with my son and the whole demonstration involved Palestinian protesters. What was that about? Is that was that the problems in Israel?
Speaker 1: I guess absolutely?
Speaker 6: All right, Well, this year I'm just glad that I'm not going to be alone on Thanksgiving and.
Speaker 1: I'm going to try something to be thankful for. Obviously there will be people, sadly who will be alone. There'll be there are people who have serious mental health issues who by by choice, decide to live outside, you know, every day of the year, and they may be alone as well. But I was encouraging people that if you had a neighbor who was alone, incorporate them into what you're doing, even if you just invite them over to have a drink or come over and and have have the meal, you know, the Thanksgiving meal that's that would be. And you know whether and who cares what their politics are, who cares what their religion is. They're a human being and they're an American. They should not be alone.
Speaker 6: So right, well, I'm I'm very grateful that. Well, my son is in school, so he's got a lot of homework to do, and I haven't heard anything from him about Thanksgiving or either.
Speaker 5: Of my.
Speaker 6: None of my three sons.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure that they they're going to get around to it. It's still still got nine days, I lean, I'm sure you'll have a good time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and most of all, it's going to try to keep my big mouth shut.
Speaker 1: All right, All right, that's not bad advice either, But don't hesitate to tell people what you think if if you're so inclined. I'm not telling people what to do. I'm just saying, don't be don't be ashamed. And you don't have to say who you voted for. And you you you can. You can choose to say who you voted for. It's your choice, it's your prerogative. We still live in a free country. Don't let anyone take that away from you. And don't be right. Don't don't let anybody try to embarrass you or put you on the spot. Simple as that. Stand your ground exactly. Yeah, good night, you for calling. Good night. Let me go to war and Warren you're next time. Next, I go ahead, Warren.
Speaker 7: Hey, Dan As you know, like I'm in media just like me, just like you're just different. You know where I ran my music pages and all stuff like that. Sure, I've lost I've lost, you know, friends on both sides of the aisle, you know, from being you know, from being really extremists, you know, and like you know these people, and I think it all comes down to you, you know, like if you're going to be pompous and you're going to be like you know, stick your finger at them and wave your finger and it'say, oh yeah, my guy one, and all stuff like that. You know, yeah, then maybe you know, you know, maybe don't go to Thanksgiving dinner if you're going to do that, you know, because that's antagonizing. If you know, people antagonized. I mean maybe just you know, don't be you know, and antagonistic during the meal. Yeah, you can get me. I don't. I think I think politics is inevitable, you know, I think you know, you talk about the economy and how expensive things are, and you know you talk about education, I mean, politics, encumfadences, so so many things. And yeah, they really can't avoid it at the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at the same time, everybody could could could keep calm. Uh, they don't have a decent conversation, and and whether no one should laud it over and the Trump people should not be lauding high we want the Harris people should be uh, you know, confident enough to say, hey, we we didn't win, but we had we thought we had the better candidate or what if you can you can.
Speaker 7: Handle it in a you can handle it, you can handle it respectfully with with calm. Debates can agree with you more could agree And I mean like like like my gathering is going to be like ten people and four of them are are liberals, and six of us are conservatives. So I'm just afraid that my brother in law is going to be like one of those boisterous people. And you know, say you got to you know, making the other, you know, making the four liberals feel bad.
Speaker 1: You know, you take them, take them ahead of time and just say, hey, look, you know, the only thing worse than a sore loser is a is a sore winner or a bad.
Speaker 8: Winner exactly exactly fixed and uh.
Speaker 1: And and feel you know, put yourself in their position. How would you feel if if you're your person get lost. That's all have a little a little empathy and we'll all get through the day. But I think again, the idea, you know, if you walk into home, well there's gonna be no politics here. You know, we're gonna we're.
Speaker 7: Gonna dig out again. I think, I think, I think you can't avoid it because it because it didn't involved pretty much everything everything that that we have to deal with in life. So it's like, that's why that's why elections are important. You know.
Speaker 1: Sounds good one. I'm with you. I appreciate it, Thank you much.
Speaker 7: Talk soon, okay, okay, I'll talk Happy.
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving If I don't talk to you. I'm sure I will, but yeah, thank let's keep rolling. He're gonna get at least one more in before the break. Gonna go to Alan Saugus l welcome next time. I say, I'll go right.
Speaker 9: Ahead, Dan. I agree with that gentleman, that politics is really pervasive at our whole society. It deals with how how society runs there and it is hard, but I am I've been told no politics, and I'll abide by that. But it's hard when the media has called one side Hitler, racist, rapist, misogynist. It's hard to come back from that where they just they just dumped on Trump so much. You know that some of these people that are against him find it hard to accept us that supported Trump. You know, it seems to be way one sided. We might not have liked Harris, thought she was vapid, an empty suit or something, but then it went on to you know, some of this stuff was crazy how they threw it at Trump. But anyways, I have a brother that we've fought a lot about politics back and forth, and I just saw him today and I have no trouble when I see him in person. When you're in a car, you could give the finger and yell at someone, but you wouldn't do that face to face. And when you're texting, you know, it's so distant in a way, but it's not what you would do in person. And I think the thing you should talk about at Thanksgiving is the memories of your loved ones, all the fun and child. Yeah, you don't get to choose your friends, so but these are the people who have the most memories in those first twelve to fourteen years of your life, the formative years, and that's what's fun to reminisce about about the people who passed on how funny things happened. I think that's the thing we did one day at a little impromptu birthday party for a little five year old one day, and we were all there telling stories that we didn't know about things that we did, different things that happened in our lives, and you know, trying out for a hockey team and fallen down and different funny stories just organically that And you don't have to talk about you. You're not going to talk about your mortgage, you know, so while you're not going to talk about God, you have your own beliefs that you've over your adult years, you have managed and made your decisions. But you know, I sometimes come on as a town cryer, trying to show them, don't you see this, don't you see that? And it doesn't work because they're adults, and they'll they'll take from the table of the media and establishment that they want. And if they decide to accept the lies that I think are lies about someone, that I just feel bad. I almost feel bad, like you know that you know where TDS is right, Trump Trump's arrangement syndrome. I actually feel a little bad for some of these people that they can't look at it with a sober mind and realize they've been they've been hoodwinked a little bit, you know, and bought into it too much.
Speaker 8: So I have to just tell, you know, maybe they'll come around.
Speaker 1: I just you know, just approach it with the attitude of hey, it's yeah, how many more thanksgivings do you have with those people? I mean, I don't know how old or young the group is, but you know, a year from now, it could be that the same group doesn't gather. So I mean, just enjoy it, you know, and enjoy it for the day it is. And I don't think you have to bear your soul, and I certainly you know, you know, you can talk about how it turned out, and you can talk about, hey, there's some positives. I mean, four years ago we were still battling over the votes and all that. Thank goodness that is that's not happening this time. So we had an election which was more decisive. You know, they the people who you agree with, you know, don't rub it in people's faces. And the people who disagree with you, you know, they should not be looking down at you that somehow they're smarter because they didn't vote for Trump. That's quick thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the most precious thing we have is time. Like you said, who's going to be here next year? And that's why I think talking about the past is fun. It's a reminiscent time and you can folks us on that, like about her, Remember they did this, when we did that, and that has nothing to do with you know, the here and now survival of you.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, if you want to do that, if everyone wants to do that, that's fine. Look remember at some point they'll be talking about you. Remember Alf from Saugust, Oh, he used to make just make phone calls to those crazy talk shows. I mean, all right, well go to Dan right back at You're gonna talk to you soon, all right. You got a couple of open lines one at six one, seven, two four, ten thirty, and I got a couple at six one, seven, nine three, ten thirty. What I'm trying to do is basically give you a strategy how to deal with whatever you're going to deal with on Thanksgiving. Don't let it ruin the day. I mean, the last thing you want is somebody to throw a scene at a Thanksgiving dinner and either criticize, attack with such vituperation that it becomes uncomfortable. And one of the ways you can defend against that is laugh at people. Laugh at them. Say the election's over. Okay, you know, we can talk about, you know, what mistakes were made, but it's over. It's like the World Series is over. The Dodgers beat the Yankees. You could be the biggest Yankee fan in the world. You can't change the results of the twenty twenty four World Series. The other side can't change the results. Again, you know, don't rub it in their face, don't don't allow people to dictate to you, or conversely, you know, the Harris supporters. You know, she ran under difficult circumstances. I think take some consolation in that, and that there's always next year in sports, and there's always four years down the line. And Donald Trump made it hard on himself by doing some of the crazy stuff he did in January twenty twenty one. And I still think it's amazing that we have a historical event in America that did not happen in the twentieth century. One time before it happened that a president was elected to a second term non consecutively, and Grover Cleveland was the president that had that happened. That's the only other time. I mean, it's a long time. We've been a country, quote a quarter of a millennium, two hundred and fifty years. This is only the second time you witnessed it. Whether you're just repelled by it or or you delight in it, we all experienced a historical event. Let's hope. Let's hope that we can look back a year from now and say, hey, no, he did some good things, he did some goofy things, but he's going to be president unless something extraordinary intervenes. Beginning on January twentieth, so having said that, I would like to continue to talk about this until midnight. And because maybe if you want to talk about any other subject, if you want to throw a subject the idea at me, I'll give you a incorporate, will incorporate a little open lines here. I'm trying to basically help you get through Thanksgiving. I'm not a psychiatrist, but I'm a better psychiatrist, in my opinion than the psychiatrist that we had quoted who was on MSNBC, who essentially took the position takes the position that somehow, some way she's superior to people. Let's let's play one one bite out here so people know what kicked what got me going on this? This is this has cut eight C rob eight C.
Speaker 10: And I actually talked to you know, adults as well as parents for children. I mean, I think, you know, I don't think that you should force children. I don't think you should have forced adults to be around people just because they're your family. I think there is a level you know, need to establish boundaries. And if you feel like you need to establish boundaries with people, whether they're your family or not, I think you should very much be entitled to do so, and I think it may be essential for your mental health.
Speaker 1: This is a psychiatrist from Yale who obviously is upset with the result of the election on MSNBC talking to Joy Reid that that's what they're teaching at Yale. Right there, no wonder, we're in trouble as a country. Back on nights, I get some open lines. Give us a call back.
Speaker 2: Right after this, you're on Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: Let's go to lauro In. Lynn Laurel, welcome back. How are you sir?
Speaker 11: Oh yes, sir, long time no here. Thank you for loving me join your show. I wish happiness for all of your listeners, Glenn and Brighton and Aliston and Maine to the name a few. Thank you so much for allowing me to join you on this conversation. So excuse me if I get a little emotional this year Thanksgiving. If you all you and your listeners and keep me and your thoughts and prayers, because I just lost my mom forty nine years old, had her for forty nine years. Two years ago. She got diagnosed. Last year, she got diagnosed with dementia. We saw symptoms like years a couple of years before we didn't really pay attention to it. So it's going to be myself, my twin sister, and my dad. Maybe a few nephews, but I think it's mostly going to be myself, my dad, and my twin sister. Is going to be hot for us. We just lost mom in September. Again, if you can just leave us and your dawson prayers.
Speaker 4: We had a bad year. Uh.
Speaker 11: Two of our cats died in March. My mom's cat was one of them, and my twin sister and son's cat was another one. Both of them were sick for about two weeks and they became violently ill, stopped eating, stopped drinking, and they both died the same day, hours apart.
Speaker 1: So sometimes things work out pretty weird that way. Huh. You know, maybe maybe there is a they're they're together with your mom and who knows, you know. I mean, that's that's very possible. Okay.
Speaker 11: I lost my job too back in April. I think that was God's will saying, hey, spend more time with mom.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 11: Sad to say, but that's just we just had a terrible, terrible year. I used to work in the media, like you myself. You know, I used to work in radio. I missed it terribly. Trying to get back into radio, if not, maybe get into the healthcare because I have experience in both, like office work, so I'm trying to get either or.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what did what did you do in radio? Laura? What did you? Laura? What did you do in radio?
Speaker 11: I was a producer, just like your producer doesn't work producing radio shows for your competitor in Brighton. I don't want to say the name I also used to I started out actually a kiss on the way back in the late nineties, actually mid nineties. I used to work with JJ Wright and McMahon, all the old school persons I used.
Speaker 1: To work with. Yeah that's a great resume.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, just trying to get back into the game.
Speaker 4: But it's hard.
Speaker 11: You know, I'm not giving up. You know, something's bound happened. But you know, just right now, I'm having, like the last couple of nights, I've been having a dream working the radio. So hopefully that will you know, hopefully that's telling me something. But you know, because a good thing is our still alive. You know, that's a good thing. But if you can ask your listeners your regular listeners who might know me, who might remember me. I used to call like about a year or two ago. We'll just keep me in your career.
Speaker 1: Consider it done, laurrow and hopefully there's a better year around the corner.
Speaker 11: Okay, most definitely. Wis should you happiness as well?
Speaker 1: Right back at you. Thanks Laura, to talk to you soon, you too, Mine call again. Let's go to Ken in Waltham, Ken you were next on nice side.
Speaker 12: Welcome, Thank you Dan, good evening.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I was thinking just one thing that, you know, I think feelings are so raw after this election, in particular, that if people don't normally talk about politics and Thanksgiving and they're just not sure if they want to, you know, bring something up or not that you know, I think there there'd be no penalty in waiting a year maybe maybe starting a political conversation that Thanksgiving might work better, uh for them on an on an off election cycle year of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I unders said that. But but do you do you fear or do you have apprehensions that you know you'll be hitting there and someone's going to bring a subject up?
Speaker 12: None at all, not at all. I I yeah, the Thanksgiving I go to now it'll it's very it's in my laws and it's a very big family and everybody's pretty much on the same side politically, and I don't think it will come up at all. Actually, I mean there's a lot of just because there'll always be there'll be new family members to talk about. There have been new babies born and and people we've lost, and it's it's kind of that kind of uh sensation. But my own family when I when we used to have Thanksgiving, yeah, there were all these political discussions, and I think if we always you know, try to be accurate with our information and not be personal, we were able to have productive conversations. And Dan, I think you epitomize that, and I think you said a great example.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate it, and I'm just saying that maybe if it does come up, maybe you can use this show to diffuse it a little bit and say, hey, come on, we're here. Let's you know, if you voted for for Trump, uh, you know, take take your win and uh and be gracious you know. I mean, I love when you watch a sporting event and at the end of the game, the smart guy is going to say, man, we just were able to win and we beat a great team. They're so talented, but we were able to pull it out. And someone's gracious. You get the guy who says, you know, we're number one. They stn't you know. I mean what you're all almost taking away from your own credit. You want to build up your opponent and say, hey, they ran a good race and and somehow we're able to win. So you can be gracious, uh in victory and magnanimous and defeat, you can always say hey, look, you know, look look back, look back at the presidential elections. You got uh. You know, President Biden was a Democrat, Donald Trump was a Republican before him, President Obamba. It swings back and forth if you if you study history. So yeah, you know, don't let it ruin the day, I guess is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 12: No, I'm with you. So I I maybe about six years ago I wrote a letter to you know, the editor of Time magazine, and I said, you know, instead a Person of the Year, how about a couple of the Year. And I nominated Kelly and Conway and George Conway, and I said that if they can get along. So this is.
Speaker 1: Remember before that before for them. You had James Carville and Mary Mattlin.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, and there's there's probably more than a few marriages, you know, within your your realm of knowledge and with mine.
Speaker 1: And you have people who are on opposite sides. But that doesn't mean that they can't respect each other and actually love one another despite that difference. I mean, I have you know, I think there's there's families that that have Red Sox fans and Yeake fans. Yeah, I mean it's so it's just natural and and have some they have some fun with it, I think, And and don't don't look. It's what's done is done. If if if Trump has learned from his past mistakes and he does well, we will all benefit. If he doesn't, the Republican Party will suffer defeats in twenty uh twenty six and twenty twenty eight. And that's the way it works in America. So you'll handle it. Don't worry. You're gonna be okay, Ken, all right.
Speaker 12: I'm fine. I'm I'm just making with it. I guess you know, if I had to say one word, I'd say, think empathy. Right, people are on both sides are really really sensitive right now, and yeah, they know they I think we're okay, fair enough.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cut you off. You had a final thought, go ahead?
Speaker 8: No, No, that was it.
Speaker 12: I it was I think empathy. They're they're very very rough, yeah, very very raw feelings, and.
Speaker 1: No one, no one ever loses if everyone's empathetic, if you can kind of put yourself in the other person's shoes and okay, you know, if you're a Trumpster, you'll you'll you lost big in twenty twenty and you know, or you lost clothes to twenty and you won, so you you you you you should be you know happy. If you're Harris, you can look back and say, hey, I get Delta a bad set of cards here. You know, if President Biden had a year ago said hey, I'm not up to go a second term, there would have been a legitimate Democratic primary nomination, and maybe she would have won, maybe someone else would have won, but she would have been battle tested and maybe you'll kind of get thrown in as she did. I you could. You could look at this so many ways. You could be empathetic in it.
Speaker 2: Right, but it's not over.
Speaker 12: That's I think my point.
Speaker 13: Yes, it's never people are worried, right, people are, but it's not it's not my recommendation.
Speaker 12: I was just you know, if you do bring it up, if topics are brought up, that's great. And if not, you know, and you're you don't know which way to go, you want to wait a year. I think that's fine too, and then everybody should listen to Night's Side because I think.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on all three of those points. Thanks again, I appreciate you fair enough. Doctor. Soon we'll take a quick break. I got Paula, Dave, and Eugene coming up. We're gonna get to them all, that's for sure. If you want to try six one seven, two ten thirty or six one seven, nine three ten thirty, go ahead, but I guarantee Paula, Dave, and Eugene I'll give it a shot. We'll be back after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get everybody in here. We have just enough time for everyone quickly. Eugene is next. Eugene is in the Philippines. Eugene, I understand you guys have had a lot of rain out there. We have had none but you've got big problems with flooding. Are you doing? Okay?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 4: Better of fact, from mid September to a few days ago, eight typhoons.
Speaker 1: Except for bad luck, you'd have no luck. That's tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I'd like to mention real quick, if you don't mind your collared Laurel, if he's still listening, he is on our prayer list, because prayer does make a difference.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he is still listening, and I appreciate that, and I'm sure he does as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, what but now my question is when you're sending me that traditional Thanksgiving Day food.
Speaker 1: We're going to fly the turkeys over russ Do you do the traditional food or no?
Speaker 4: Well I do personally, but the country no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So how difficult is it to secure a turkey in the Philippines. I assume it's not.
Speaker 4: It's not difficult. You can get them. But similar to the people, rather small.
Speaker 1: Really really did they breath turkeys there? I mean I assume they must, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the northern part of in the Aurora province, they do. A large turkey here would be maybe ten pounds.
Speaker 1: Well that's yeah, that's that's enough for a family four don't you think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, the first year I came here, I prepared a traditional US Thanksgiving Day for the people that I knew, and as a matter of fact, that I was a decent cook. I cooked two of them to make sure, and the only thing left after was the bones.
Speaker 1: All right, that's that means you're good cook. Well, look, you're in our thoughts in prayers, and I know that you will keep all of the nice side listeners in your thoughts in press as well. Eugene, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Hey Wed, thank you God breath.
Speaker 1: Dan, all right, right back at you, Thanks you.
Speaker 9: Ge.
Speaker 1: All right, we had dropped one call off, but we have David san Anton to wrap it up for us. Dave, you were next on Nightsiger, Right ahead.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Dan, your remark to that one fellow saying that unless it's an extreme circumstances, Donald Trump's going to take the presidency. I'm sure you think that extreme circumstances is the threat of nuclear war right now between US and Russia. And I advise all these people in the market to be thankful for this Thanksgiving day out fight get along because it may be our last. I don't what it's really Biden's supposed to be ordering again, but Biden has it's those deep state people, those globalists, they're the Defense Department. They're sending them over those missiles and telling them to shoot him at Russia. Russia shot him down, luckily. Luckily who shot him down?
Speaker 1: Well, I heard tonight. Correct me if I'm wrong. I heard that there were I'm not sure if they said six or eight, but two of them were intercepted.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and uh and uh putents have been on the air. I listened to him on the air saying We're going to hit you with nuclear warheads, not Ukraine if they shoot the manats.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, earlier. I don't know if you were listening earlier this week, Actually, I think it was last night. I raised the possibility, uh, and it was a hopeful possibility that maybe President Biden and former President Trump had agreed to sort of a good cop bad cop strategy, and that maybe maybe Biden was going to make some of these missiles available. I have no idea how many missiles are available. I think that part of the reasons we didn't make them available before because we were concerned about reducing our own stock by by too great an amount. But the idea was whether or not this might give President Trump a little extra opportunity to say to putin Look, we can, we can deactivate those missiles, but we want you to to back off. You know, the typical good cop, bad cop strategy. You above all know exactly what I mean when I say that I don't know. I mean I couldn't. I couldn't understand. And I'll give you the final word here. I could not understand why, with two months left in his administration, Biden would do something that he has hesitated to do now for nearly three years.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't. I don't understand it either, Dare. I can't add any more to it. I just I'm just praying. I'm just praying.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, if you were listening last night, I talked about Archduke Ferdinand in the start of World War One, which I've heard that Okay, good enough. I mean, I just wanted to remind people of that. It's as simple as it's as simple as that. Well, Dave, Yeah, let's we'll pray for Eugene out there in the Philippines and uh, everybody.
Speaker 8: Lost his mom, pray for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Laura, Laura, uh, regular caller. Thanks Dave, we'll talk again, okay, thank you very much to you by next week. Okay, thanks all right. So that kind of wraps it tonight, simple as that. I we tried to deal with a couple of subjects. The one that surprised me, uh that we we had a good conversation with Dustin Delano of the New England Fisherman's Stewardship Association and Grant Provost with the New England uh, the New Englanders for Offshore Win Coalition. But hey, we present topics and give you an opportunity to participate. Every night. I'll be back to our night on night Side. I hope all of you will be as well. Remind you you can listen to past hours of Nightside if you missed, just go to Nightside on demand dot com. And of course you can always get Nightside gear as presidence of the upcoming Hanukkah and Christmas season, sweatshirts like I'm wearing now and if you'd like to see the sweatshirt I'm wearing now, WHI says Nightside with Dan Ray, join us on Facebook. I will be there on Nightside with Dan Ray and Facebook in about two or three minutes in the meantime, remind you all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pale Charlie Rays, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's whe all your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hopes to get tomorrow night on Nightside. Have a great Wednesday everyone, and also pray for some ray and I think we're gonna get someone on Thursday. Have a great night. Thanks Rob Brooks, Thanks Marita,