Speaker 1: This is WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre and you're listening to the WWE podcast show.
Speaker 2: The one that everybody wants me God tell st three sixteen said just what your ass is my arm?
Speaker 1: You can acknowledge me.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, welcome to the ww Podcast. It is Tuesday, August twenty seventh, twenty twenty four, as we are closing in on Bash in Berlin, and we will have our predictions for you later this week, so look for that. But we've got a lot to talk about tonight with Monday Night Raw that took place in Providence, one that was kind of weird in some respects. Yes, some critiques are coming your way, you know this show, but also some praise. I think that having Chad Gable in the main event of Raw in a one on one match, when's the last time that happened? I mean maybe during his run with Gunther when he was trying to take the IC title and had like three matches in succession to try to beat Gunther for the Intercontinental title prior to WrestleMania. But Chad Gable in the main event doesn't happen too often, and I love it. And yes, of course credit to Uncle Howdie too, Bodallas, who continue to create some interesting but realistic, grounded based characters that aren't out in the ether, ones that are somewhat believable. They're all just disturbed. They've all been wronged in some way. They do have a mission statement of coming after those that believe they have families that are true and pure, and that he is there to make sure that you know, he's he's taking care of those that are are weak. You know, he's taking care or trying to dispose of those who are taking advantage of others. Again, let's be paraphrasing or interpreting what so far I understands their mission, but they at least have constant character development every single week, something I think that is definitely needed in this Wyatt sixth group that has been received as well as you could hope that they've that would be received. And I don't know about you, but every time I see Bo Dallas, Uncle Howdy, you see Bray Wyatt, his mannerisms, the beard, his smile, all of it, it just makes you just Missbray that much more. And it's not to say that we aren't appreciative of Bo Dallas and the Uncle Howdy character because we are, but it also is a constant reminder of what we've lost in bray Wyatt. So is it taking anything away from the group. No, they are doing I'm sure with what Wyndom I e. Bray Wyatt would want them to do. Continue on, move on, and they are in a way that's also tributary to bray And it's as good as you could hope. Really, I think that it could be. And there's no hocus pocus. If there is, it's minimal. There's none of this teleportation. They are human beings that are wrestlers that are based in some kind of reality, and I think that is a recipe for staying power. And of course Eric Rowan seeing Eric Rowan there is still kind of wild that's been I mean, how many years has Eric Rowan been involved in some form or fashion with the Wide Family to the Bludgeon Brothers to just Rowan, to him carrying around a giant mechanical spider. I mean, he's gone through all iterations, but all have been tied to bray Wyde's group, original group, and now he's kind of come full circle and it's cool to see Eric Rowan. Of course, Joe Gacy is kind of the forgotten one in the group. Most of us who have not watched NXT don't know who he is. We're only learning who he is through this character. Right now, Nicky Cross has kind of been the creepy ring girl. Yeah some of you, hopefully most of you understand that reference from the movie The Ring but anyway or the grudge, same thing in a way. So there's still rooms for improvement in character development. But there's there are what five members, six members. It's it does take time for actual character development to take root and to understand who and what everyone is, but it's it's been really fun. In The match with Chad Gable and Uncle Howdy ended with Chad Gable losing in the main event to Uncle Howdy, and I think that was the right move. Despite the fact that Chad Gable has been one of the most improved stars of the year, he continues to just get better. I think there's more ahead of him. I hope he eventually wins a singles championship. I think he is due for an intercontinental title run. I still believe that although with Brown Breaker holding it and he's a heel, it's not gonna be anytime soon. That Chad Gable gets a chance to challenge for that unless he changes brands or I mean, yeah, that's really pretty much yet because he's not going to challenge for the world title and win yet. But Chad Gable, I'm so glad that they have a triple h has given him an opportunity to showcase what he can really do and give him a constant, a really constant voice and a constant presence on the show. And he's helping out the Creed brothers as well, who have little to no personality, but you know, they can wrestle their asses off and it's just been fun. So but think about this. Vince McMahon would roll over in his grave if he was in it yet. But but you know, you keep hearing reports at Vince's hell is declining and then it's not and all that. But I mean, who knows if Vince was in his grave, he would maybe he can like pre roll over in his grave. He's not even there yet, but if he was there, he would absolutely lose his mind. If you had Bo Dallas versus Chad Gable and the main event of Raw, imagine proposing that to Vince McMahon right now. If Vince McMahon. You say, hey, Vince, you're back in charge of RAW. But by the way, we're gonna do the Raw made event. It's gonna be Bo Dallas. Yes, uncle howdy character, but it's Bo Dallas versus Chad Gable. What do you think, pal, I mean imagine Vince's yeah, you're ribbon me, you know. So it's kind of crazy. And when I saw that as the main event, I'm like, really in a almost knee jerk disappointment kind of reaction, but then also understanding that you need to build new stars. You can only do that by presenting them in big spots anyway. So that was the main eventor RAW, and I thought it was fine. The continual VHS tapes I think are effective. I would still tone down a little bit of the kind of the hyperbole or the need to decode some things and talk a little bit more in plain language. I don't need it being spoken to me like I'm in third grade. But also don't speak to me with a riddle wrapped in a riddle wrapped in a Rubik's cube. You know, Like, there's got to be a happy medium. It's not nearly as twisted and decodable or non decodable. That from what bray Wide gave us, But it still does I think need to be simplified a bit from the language they use. But some of you may enjoy this kind of what did he say? Let me dissect every word. I don't have time for that. Yeah you may, and you may enjoy all the riddles. I just want to get straight to the point. But maybe that's my simple mindedness. So anyway, moving on, Randy Orton also gave a promo, and you know what, Randy Orton gave a weird promo. And I don't understand this promo. Now, not to say I don't understand the purpose of him giving it. The purpose of him giving it clearly was to endear himself to the fans, further, give them appreciation, and remind him that he's a world champion. That's kind of it. But Randy Orton endearing himself to the fans feels sacrilegious when he's talking about it's been each and every one of us inside his head that I don't. I just inherently reject when a wrestler, I don't care who they are, tries to pander to me that I get to cheer for myself, because that's really what you're cheering for. When the wrestlers, you know, are crediting us for things in promos and then the crowd cheers, what you're really doing is giving yourself a round of applause. It feels icky. Now they don't look at it that way. They look at it as giving them thanks. That's, you know, that's what retirement speeches are for. That's what Hall of fame speeches are for, or if you're in Mark Henry's case, a salmon suit swerve, which is still one of the greatest swerves of all time. And this very much much did feel like a Hall of Fame speech for Randy Orton. And he's never been one to give great, great promos. He's averaged to very good most of the time, but he's never been one to give long, lengthy promos. This was the longest promo I can remember from Randy Orton, and it was weird. I can only describe it as weird. It made sense from what he was saying of giving us a fifteen time world champion, but then they suddenly bring up, conveniently the world championship that they just brought back out of nowhere, and he said it was reborn. Well, then if it's reborn, which Seth brought back a year and a half ago, then is it the same title that you want or is it not? I mean maybe that's not the point, but I still don't understand when they brought it back why they didn't try to piggyback off the lineage of the previous belt. I don't care if they change the look of the belt. That's fine. Belts change all the time in appearance, but the lineage should remain. That's what gives the belt its value. Who holds it for how long? And what those rains mean are how belts accrue their value. That's the only way they accrue their value. Actually that and having those who are in the company try to chase it. It's a simple supply demand. There's less of something it's worth more so when Randy Orton's talking about becoming a fifteen time champion, Yeah, okay, that's true, But why does ww Nott sit there and go man, I wish we had just kept it as pretending that this is the same belt just to repackaged. You know, has a different coat of paint, but it does have the same lineage that carried from when Triple H absorbed it from WCW. Punker T brought it in The Rock won the WCW Championship, which became the World Championship. Triple H then won it infamously. When I when I see that big gold belt, I think of Triple H in the early two thousands when he was part of Evolution. That's how I view that belt. Yes, Goldberg held it, we had others hold it. There's a long line. Even Kine held it at one point. But why are we killing that belt dead? If you resurrected it's I'm not gonna, I guess beat a dead horse here. But Randy Orton talks about that, talks about, you know, what his career has been, and bringing up the demons of his career, all this which is felt very hall of famish. However, we did not have an appearance from Gunther in this promo. It was really to just have the fans get a chance to I guess pat Randy Orton on the back and vice versa. Fine. He also acknowledged how fans are now singing his music, which he was thankful for. I don't know why. That's the cool thing to do now. Really, it's just because of the music of Cody Rhoads and Sammy's Ain in some respect, among others. The sing along songs are a staple of a lot of the baby faces right now, and Randy Orton had a song all along that we could sing to and the fans are just now realizing it, which Randy Orton did allude to. So here here's a question though, for you guys. I know Cody Rhodes wasn't un raw, but do you think that if Cody Rhodes didn't have his music would he be as popular as he is right now? I don't know that music is a lot of what made him successful. Yes, yes, I know he is his own talent. He is very good in the ring, decent on the mic, all that, But I just I wonder how much of it is attributable to his music, not going on Cody Roads rant all right, that may be saved for later. For now, though, I just it's a genuine question. I don't know, we don't know, but it definitely is part of his success in a significant way. I just don't know what that number is. How do you quantify it?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Moving on in myn a net raw. So where do we start. Let me start with well, Sid Vicious. There was a memorial graphic for Sid Vicious, who died earlier in the day at age sixty three, and yeah, it's it's sad. I mean, I wasn't a fan when Sid Vicious was Psycho Sid was actually still competing, or if he did, he was he was. Yeah. Again, I came into nineteen ninety seven and it wasn't a time in which Psycho Sid was really at the top of his game. He was on his way out at that point. So I don't really remember watching Psycho Sid as a kid. Many of you who are older than me or have been watching longer than me, have fond memories of Sid, or maybe not fond, but some memory of Psycho Sid. Say Vicious and Michael Cole spoke while clips of bron Breaker and his dog. Yeah God, American Maid bron Strowman brons Reid are arriving earlier in the day. Keep the effing dogs off TV? Why? Ring announcer Samantha irv introduced the judgment day and Corey Graves was on commentary. Pat mcafe's gone for football season and we had, of course of course, we had some to deliver the welcome to Anette Raw and all rise for the judgment day from liv Morgan. I mean, no one's immune to this crap, you know. I do wonder if they don't announce it. It's the beginning of the show. Are we gonna not know what show we're at? I don't know? Moving on, so we got Carlitle said the video was cool. They had a video package that recapped their attack on Damien and Rhea from last week's show. Dom took the mic to speak. People were just all over him. Carlito barked at the crowd in Spanish, and then Dom did the same thing, and Dom spoke in English while saying that Morgan does things for him that Ripley never did, such as helping him beat his deadbeat dad. And Dom said he was entering the tournament for a shot at the Intercontinental title and had Morgan's full support. And that's when Raymond Sterio comes out with Dragon, Lee, Walking Wild and Cruise del Toro. They came in the ring. Ray asked Dom if he's looked in the mirror lately and labeled him a lost soul. Ray said someone needs to put Dom in his place, and Dom said it wouldn't be Ray because he already beat him. Ray said, Dom has always been a jackass and now is an even bigger jackass that he's hanging out with Morgan Boy. Ray is just batted insults. Ray is just he's such a like a he's a family friendly baby face. You know, I don't think I've ever seen Ray Masterio, no matter how far he's pushed, do anything insane, like insanely violent. Maybe I'm trying to think. No, do you remember the eye for an eye match with Seth Rollins during the pandemic? Seth, I mean Seth Rollinds won that match. He like apparently pulled the eye out of stereo and then he threw up. Remember that, Oh the good old pandemic days. But we had Ray dare Dom to hit him and said he'd love to slap the stupid mustache off his face, and so McDonald then went for the cheap shot. Judgment Day members were quick to be cleared from the ring, and then we got the Judgment Day versus Ray, Dragon Ly Jacking Wild and Crystal Troles. So basically the Judgment Day the new iteration of it versus the LWO, really fast paced match. Fun match went about thirteen minutes with the judgment Day ending up beating LWO, with Dom getting the pin on Ray. So another victory for Dom that I love when he gets victories because you know he's gonna milk the hell out of it, especially when it's against his dad. So after the match, Morgan jumped on the back of Rhear Ripley and this broke down because of course the LWO was going to beat down After the match, that brought Ripley to the ring and Dom was on the top rope, but he got caught. He was in the middle of the ring. Ripley was on the other side, and Ripley got caught as I said, and Priest and Ripley put McDonough and Carlyle down with clothes lines after they tried to escape the ringside, and Priest and Ripley hit their finishes simultaneously on McDonough and Carlito. There's a lot happening here, no doubt. I mean, this is a this is kind of a it's a good storyline, one that we understand. There's a main thread of Ripley looking just to get revenge on his her ex and his current lover. We understand that, we understand the deadbeat dad with Ray and Dom. We understand the rift between Priest and Finn Balor that it was. If you've remember, they need to, by the way, remind us of this a little bit more. That Finn Balor is the one that screwed Damien Priest out of the world title. That's a point that I think is being overlooked here because that's important. I mean, it's not all Ripley and Dom and Rhea. It's all fun and that's been the main thread, but a very close second is Finn and Damien, you know, so I want that to be more highlighted and emphasized instead of the love triangle. But yeah, a little bit of self self motivation here can easily get you pumped up for this match. But here's the one thing. Let's, as a collective team here on the podcast, let's do an over under on how many bumps Rhea Ripley will take from a male opponent, whether it's in the mixed tag match here, whether it's even in a run, in any kind of altercation. Let's see how many bumps Rhea Ripley takes. Because I'm gonna guess it's three or less and there will be no punches thrown, absolutely no punches. You might get a suplex, some super safe quote unquote wrestling move that won't set the world a blaze today that ww is promoting domestic violence, because you know somebody will these days. But I'm gonna say three is the over under what would you take over or under on the number of moves Ray Ripley will take from a male opponent over the whole course of this weekend? All right, I'm not gonna say forever or until this story line's over, but it may actually be zero. I mean, I could see where a scenario where it's zero, And yes, I'm making this a big deal because it's ridiculous, it's absolutely asini and that you have Raya Ripley putting down these men that I mean, come on, Yeah, sure McDonough's not the biggest guy in the world, but let's be real, McDonald's still a dude and he in real life. I would put my money on and everyone listening to me probably would too, that if it was a you know, an MMA fighting and an octagon real he would he would defeat Ria Ripley pretty soundly, you know. So, I know this isn't this isn't MMA, but this is where they lose me a little bit. That the women are just able to just do whatever they want to the men, and the men can't retaliate, and then they're supposed to sell for the women like they got hit with a shotgun, and it's the same sell that if they got hit by a man. It's ridiculous. Yes, Ria Ripley is a strong woman physically, sure she is. She might be taller than some of the men. But here's here's the kicker. She's still a woman. That's just a biological fact. And that also means that men are much stronger, much faster on the whole. Not a slight against women. I mean there's a lot of stuff women do better than men, you know, uh for sure, And so it just comes down to physical, physical fitness. Anyway, I'll go down a spiral. I'm catching myself. See how I'm stopping myself here, I'll stop there. But it's it is, it's gonna get ridiculous before it gets better. Yeah, no, wonder she wants to work with the men. Rie Ripley was very very adamant that she feels like she should be working with men, and yeah, she gets to because she doesn't have to take any bumps, and they make her look like a million bucks, like she's one of the boys, but she ain't. I love I like Ria Ripley, I do. I like her character, but stop the pain. All right, Let's go to the next part here, and we have Eosky and Kyrie say versus Shana and Zoe Stark. Seven and a half minutes with EO Sky and Kyrie Saye defeatings SHANEA. Basler and Zoe Stark. This happened when Selena Vega popped out of nowhere at ringside, hit the hill from behind, and Cole recalled that PFC took out Vega and injured her arm. In the ring, Sky and Sane hit their finishes on Star and Saying got the three count. So Vega cost them the victory here. So Deville, Basler, and Starr continue, even though they have a new faction, continue to lose. That's just what they do. Apparently they were a faction created to lose so far. Anyway, it's not usually how you introduce a new faction. Typically give them some kind of hot streak to get them on notice and they're being noticed, but for the wrong reasons here all right, we got the Uncle Howdie video VHS tape that aired, and then Drew McIntyre comes out and said he's only competed in one strap match in we he lost, and then he mocks the Impunk's opening line about being great to be alive on a Monday night and fill in the City. McIntyre mocked Punk for boasting about the role and the company has been on when he had nothing to do with it and sat on his assald it last eight years, which is you know, it's just true.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I want to find the lies that Drew McIntyre is spitting lately, I can't find many. That's the great thing about this character is he's telling the truth, but he's making you hate him for it. That's a very good skill to have as a heel because people don't necessarily cheer the truth. They often will cheer the person that's speaking rather than what's coming out of their mouth, even if it's a lie. They'll cheer the person and instead not worry too much about what's coming out of their mouth. And this is the case here with drumacintire. I mean, he doesn't lie a lot. His character is if anything more based in truth about what's going on, then a lot of them. It's how he says it. And then he of course runs down fans at times, but let's continue. He said that he took issue with the fans continuing to chant for Punk. He asked that the fans asked the fans if they know what an enabler is, and then he gave us the definition, and he said it's like handing an alcoholic a drink and said the fans would have to live with the scars that he will leave on Punk's body. And mactyre said, the fans chose nostalgia over the warrior who's been there for them even in the darkest of times. And I still forgive you because he said, quote, you know not what you do. He spoke about the damage he would do to Punk during their strat match, and he said there will be a lot of hurt. I feel like he should have said pain. He kept saying there's gonna be a lot of hurt. Just small little thing here, of course, that's what I do. I felt like he was trying to search for the word pain and he couldn't quite find it. But very very very very very minute issue here. I just wanted to say, because I was thinking it the whole time, like, stop saying hurt. You mean, yeah, it's essentially a synonym, but for the context of what you're saying, the word pain fits much smooth more smoothly than hurt. That's really all I had to say about that. But it's true McIntyre was here for us during the darkness of times. What are am I referring to remember the pandemic? I think a lot of us were alive for that. We're old enough all to remember that he was the face of the company during that time. He carried the company for a better part of eighteen months as champion, and he did a hell of a job, starting out at WrestleMania thirty six, the one that we never want to remember ever again, when he faced brock lesnar beat him in the side of an empty warehouse, and from there he was the face of the company, going on to face Seth Rollins and going on to face Randy Orton, among many others, and did an excellent job. So it's actually true, and we all are choosing nostalgia because that's what punk is right now. He's nostalgia. Not that that's all he is, but excuse me, he is a certainly that that is a big part of it. We're a generation. As a side note, Millennials, specifically my group, we are sick. We have an illness. That illness is the need for nostalgia, the need to see and feel what we felt in childhood. And it's I don't know if it's really something that's a detriment to our lives, but if it can be very easily, because if you don't live in reality and you continue to live in the past, then yeah, you're you are going to hurt the present. And absolutely, but I think that we are the first generation to really really really get overwhelmed with nostalgia. And maybe that's also because we're the first generation to really have a lot of our lives recorded and you can actually go back and see a lot of the things that as child children we weren't able to see in the previous generation YouTube everything's memorialized and digitalized, whereas those in the you know, the generation X before us didn't have that opportunity. So perhaps that's what it is, because we do have a lot of our childhoods digitalized and not to the level of gen zs today. I mean, my god, everything's on iPhones and HD. How many times as kids did we have that opportunity zero? You know, all the tapes that we get to watch as kids are on vhs. They're grainy, those crappy, big handheld cam quarders that maybe our parents had. You get to see those old videos of yourself. But today you talk about sick for nostalgia. I think it's gonna get worse. I think that this generation right now, that when they grow up and they get into the thirties and forties and fifties like the millennials are now, that they are going to even be more sick with nostalgia. Now again, it sounds like it's not a problem, but it could be. You know, it could be when everything's memorialized, everything is captured, everything's in high deft four K, you know. It Also it can be I think painful to watch the past too. You know, a lot of times the past will live in your head, and that's sometimes the best place for it to live, and you don't have actual, you know, events on camera, and maybe you don't want to relive or see and you know, today, everything is my god. If it's not on your phone, it's if you post it online, it's there. You know, you can delete it, but it never really goes away. So certainly good and bad to it. You know, there's a lot more you'll remember in this generation because there's a lot more you're capturing with every you know, basically are you know the phones in our pockets, which are just high def cameras that we capture or carry with us everywhere. But it also presents a danger of like mental health issues that we're already all experiencing. Right, all right, I'll get off my ted talk. Let's go. So we got Punk. Well, we had mctire complain how Punk is always attacking him from behind, and that's when Punk did that very thing. He appeared hit mctire from behind. The baby face hitting mcatire from behind. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but I guess that's the way we're going. Fans didn't care. They fought the ring side. They were whipping each other with a leather strap. McIntyre picked up the strap, he got back dropped onto the broadcast table, and then Punk got a few good shots in with McIntire and then security ended up getting whipped around by Punk. He did not have a good night, by the way. There's more to that later. I mean the security is just like there, I mean they are just this just local wrestling talent in security shirts. But you know, it's just that they had a pretty rough night overall. We had Punk in three security guards. As I said, he tossed them out of the ring. Punk was pretty intense. He had a you know, he was It's interesting when you have Punk there and he doesn't actually talk, he's actually doing something physical. It's unusual because that's not Punk's thing. But he continues to attack McIntyre from behind. So that's it's just an interesting little factoid that babyfaces typically don't do that, you know, if babyfaces are typically the ones to straight up monoy mono go after their opponent. And so all right, let's continue and we have let's see Bronze Strowman. Oh no, no, I'm sorry, We'll get there. J Uso Kofe carrying cross and a triple threat for the Intercontinental title. Well shot at the Intercontinental title. This match went eight minutes and forty five seconds, with ja Uso winning and beating Kofe and Cross. Okay, the match had the favorite win. Jay Uso was the favorite here, but I could have seen in a scenario which Kofe won this one and yet Xavier win the next one. That didn't happen. But jay Uso is the bigger star here, even though he's poised to move over to SmackDown I think in the near future to probably the next month or two to be able to work with Roman reigns and counter the whole New Bloodline versus og bloodline story. So ja Uso, while he advances and he goes to the Fatal four Way, has even if he wins that he doesn't have almost any chance of winning the Innercontent title. Really, whoever wins that Fatal four Way, that all of these triple threats are qualifying those to enter, it's almost a sure thing that that person is not going to win, even if it's jay Uso. Crazy though that Jayuso has yet to win Singles Gold. It's just wild, all right. We had a gun through promo from social media air which was not on Hulu. And I know some of you, Oh I watch Hulu version. Yeah, well I don't watch the Hula version or I'm sorry, I don't watch the full version. I watch the highlights from the things that aren't on Hulu. This I must have missed with the Gunner promo, but Randy Orton was shown walking backstage and Cole hype that SmackDown will debut on the USA Network on September thirteenth. Cole said he and Graves will be reunited on SmackDown. And let's see, we've got Randy Orton coming out. As I said, weird, weird promo, but also effective, as I've mentioned earlier in the show, growing up in front of fans, he signed his contract at age nineteen. He said, the fans saw him get humbled over and over and he learned from his mistakes. And Orton said he eventually had a step from behind the shadows and earn every ounce of respect and then of course ended with the three most dangerous letters RKO blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So, now this particular review, so it was quote a well delivered promo, but Orton covered a lot of the same ground he's already covered in the past. Although his history of the World Championship was a new talking point, it just wasn't overall that convincing. I would concur with that. Yeah, there's you can deliver a promo really well, even if the context of it is repetitive. So I would concur with that. I would Bronson Reid braun Strowman. This ended in a double count out in about nine minutes. My god, Okay, this you know it was a train wreck. And I don't mean that in a disparaging way. I mean that complimentary because while I'm not a fan, particularly a Bronze Stroman, because he's a I think he's a one trick pony. His promos are about the same as that. If you've seen one Bronzetroman promo, you've seen them all. He's a big guy, the s he can do athletic things, and today's product, even when you have big men that are a combined weight of over seven hundred pounds in the ring, they're still trying to do the things that guys who are half their weight do because that's apparently the product today and they have to try to show us they can still do those things, when in fact, I would actually prefer that big men wrestle like big men. I mean, call me crazy, but yeah, seeing you know, Bronson Reed do a suicide dive. Yeah, it's insane, but also why just to show us you can. I mean, so I just said it was this was a complimentary match, and it was. I'll get to the good part, which is a lot of it. My point is just generally about the big men who feel like they need to do the things that men have their size do. And sure it's because oh well you don't see big men do it like this. Yeah, but there's a reason for that, because they don't need to. They shouldn't be. It's nice to have a different flavor in my mouth of matches where everything is not just suicide dives and you know, moon salts and like. Those are all like fun to watch, but the product today has become so much more reliant on athleticism and less on being a wrestler. Being a wrestler doesn't necessarily mean being ultra athletic. Now in the amateur sense, in the Olympics, of course. Yeah, like amateur wrestling, you need to be athletic, you need to be strong, you need to all that, all that that does apply. But when it comes to pro wrestling, there's been such a swing to the athletic side of things that that's what we want to see, and that's the important and and desirable attribute is athleticism. You know. That to me is it's it's gone too far because now even the men who are have no business doing it are just doing it for shock value and to show us they can still wrestle like everybody else on the roster would. Actually, I think it would be better if they didn't, because not only is it of course higher risk unnecessarily, but also again it's like the same style of wrestling you're watching over and over and over and over and over when big men have a slower pace. It's nice to have a slower pace. Every once in a while power moves. It's nice. It's a nice change of pace, but not when you know they want to wrestle like you know Ricochet did, and you know, hey, but speaking of Ricochet, quickly before we move on to hour three here with this, I think it was a fun brawl in the parking lot. We haven't seen a parking lot brawl in a while. Ricochet, let me just say, and I had a little personal beef of them on Twitter several months back. He is a child on Twitter. Somebody needs to take his phone away and put him in time out. You don't know what I'm talking about. Just go look at his feet. Yes, he's not with WW anymore, is with all lead? Fine, And I'm glad for him, like I mean, sure, he for his career. He is getting work and he's getting a paycheck. He's a crazy athlete. Yes, But he's attacking fans who are critical of him. He is attacking them in a way that's attacking how many followers they have. Oh yeah, you've got three hundred followers, you only got twelve followers whatever? Now that is I mean, if you're a public figure and you are now attacking people based on the number of followers they have, that's all you've got. That's how old? How old is Ricochet? You know? I mean, hey, I have done the same thing with people that have attacked me. Because it's a low hanging fruit. It's easy to hit somebody on that. But I'm also not in the public eye. I'm not on national television every week. I don't have a company to beholden too. You know, I'm not somebody that if I do that, I have someone come out and say, oh, you shouldn't do that. You know, it's insulting to fans. No one's going to say that to me. If they did, I'd laugh at them and then triple down on it. But when you are beholden to representing a company and you're attacking the fans that are ones, the ones putting the money in your pocket, and coming after them as if their worth is based on how many followers they have, I mean, grow up. Ricochet needs to stay off social media. He does he know how it works? Is this this you know? Is he new? Did his parents just get him internet access? He is a child on social media? I mean he just is s You know what I did, of course, I mean I can't sit back. What I did is I had a burner account that I'll keep anonymous, and I have like no followers on there. It's just a burner account that I can, you know, hit people with whenever I need to without hitting my own account. We all have burner accounts, Let's be honest. If you want to make one, I highly recommend it. But I hit him with the fact that that this is this is just true. I said, you know, this is coming from a guy who had his girlfriend be more successful in w W than he had than you were, and she didn't even have to take a bump, you know, something to that effect. I said in a more eloquent way. I'm just paraphrasing that. You know, look, look who's talking. You know your girlfriend didn't take a single bump and she was more over than you were in WWE. So yeah, but anyway, he just I don't understand it. You know, he just is frozen at fourteen years old. You know, I guess that's rich coming from someone that just did the very thing that you know, I'm accusing him of. But I'm just he's a he's a guy that tells a higher standard because he's the one in the public eye representing a company, a multi multimillion dollar company, not me. You know that That's not the position I'm in, that's the position he's in. So anyway, and by the way, if you're in that position and you get criticism from fans, and your ability to absorb criticism is critical to your success, because if you get to the public eye and you think everyone's going to be complimentary all the time. This even goes for people at my level, you know, the little peons down to doing podcasting. If you think everybody's just going to be all nice all the time and complimentary. Then you are in the wrong business. And when you get something negative and you have to respond back to it and then you just get all bent out of shape over it, then you should probably go into a different business. Was he not aware that the fact that not everyone loves everything he does all the time? What just a baby? Alrighty? So anyway, bron Stroman and Bronson Reid killed it here, and I literally mean they almost killed each other, especially Bronson Reid. Did you guys see the bump he took off the car onto the concrete. I saw that. I go, oh my god, that's concrete. That's not a ring, it's not a worked surface. That is straight up sidewalk or pavement whatever he landed on. Oh my god. I just looked at bron Stroman. I'm like, the dude has to have a dislocated shoulder or at least an Tusian. I mean, you know something. They beat the hell out of each other, and I loved it, and I love the tsunami off the little I don't know what it was, the little uh, I don't know. He jumped off of a concrete surface on top of the car onto bronz Stroman. Bronz A ready walked away from it. Brounz Stroman didn't. The car kind of sparked and exploded a little, which was kind of a nice effect. But it was great. And you know, of course Adam Piers is out of his mind as he always is. Oh we need medical, we need medical, which took the medical team like forever to come out there. There's an ambulance, like right next to where they did this spot. Did anyone see that there's an ambulance right there? I mean, I guess it wasn't banned, but like, where were the EMTs? Just like why did it take them so long to respond? I mean, it's just so funny watching Adam Pierce scream every week from medical Alright, so this is fun and it clearly not over all, right, Miss, Xavier Woods and Pete Dunn in a triple threat. This ended with Pete don defeating Miss and Xavier in eleven minutes. So he went, Pete Dounn advances, not that it's going anywhere, but he advanced, and that's it was a fine match, and it looked like by the way Xavier and Kofi Kingston backstage men did defenses They did mention too though, that yeah, we're almost coming up with ten years. As someone said in the mailbag, ten years here is coming up soon. I think there's a big turn by Xavier Woods coming and the ten year anniversary that'd be very apropos. Okay, we had what else here? Damian Priest and Rear Ripley featured in a video promo and saying, yeah, you're damn right, were the bad guys? And Ripley said it never felt so good to be bad and Priest and Ripley they work very well together, by the way. I think their chemistry is on point or on fleek, as the kids would say, they work well together. I don't know how long this alliance is going to last, probably in the next month or suit us two tops before they go their separate ways. Once Ripley gets her hands on Dom hits rip tight on Dom, maybe that'll be the conclusion because that's what we want, and we want also the finish hit on and a conclusive finish hit on Finn Balor by Damian Priest. You know, that's really the payoff here is that, And we'll probably get that in the next month or so. But again, Bad Blood's coming, and bad Blood would be a very perfect especially the name of the event. It would be a perfect finish to this rivalry bad Blood. There was bad blood between them, and that's exactly what this is. And I think the Bad Blood event is going to conclude a lot of different rivalries that are stirring, and we'll reset things when the November event comes along with Survivors series. All right, or is Crown Jewel in October?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Good lord? Yeah, Uncle Haddivers Chad Gable has already mentioned at the beginning of the show as well. So yeah, overall, a good raw, kind of a weird raw, but one that was effective, one that had a main event that I don't think anybody was, you know, just a couple of months ago would have said would have made event in raw. But here we are and I enjoyed it, and I hope you guys enjoyed this show. We are here again tomorrow with Actually tomorrow I'll be doing my other podcast, which is called War on Truth, So take a listen to that. I have some people that have wrote into the show that I want to I'll keep them anonymous, but they wrote into the show, and I'll be responding to some of those some of those comments. Again, not a show on rest. It's very heavy on politics and culture. So it's called The War on Truth. And it's the one the icon when you search for it, the one with the laptop and the American flag. Okay, not the other one, not the BBC one. I know some of you have asked. It's the War on Truth, the one with the laptop and American flag. So check that out on really, I think anywhere you can at this point Spotify, Apple Podcasts and everywhere else. So it is not wrestling based, all right. So if you're expecting wrestling and you're like, no, want wrestling, well don't go with this, all right, So stick on the ww podcast though, as we have Waaldwall coverage for the Bash in Berlin, we'll do predictions later this week. I'll have a new episode of the War on Truth tomorrow, all right. So for those of you on the War on Truth side of things and non wrestling stuff, a new episode will drop tomorrow. I just gotta record it. I'm not doing it tonight. I'm too tired. I gotta go to bed. But I appreciate everybody's support. Thank you. You can head over to Apple podcasts and get a subscription there. Go add free for a week for free. Try us out. You can also try for a week for free on Spotify and I'm Patreon. If you want to go add free for a week and do a trial membership, you can do that as well and not have to commit to anything and see if you like it. If you do, great, If you don't, well then you know that's cool too. You can continue to listen to us on the free feed, but that will do for me tonight. Guys, I hope you enjoyed this. I will be back a day or two and I'll be talking to those of you on the War on Truth tomorrow. Till then, take care.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to WWE podcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.