Speaker 1: Where my sun glasses. I'm Dwight.
Speaker 2: Fit Dwight in any Oh my gosh, it's toning me about surprise.
Speaker 1: Check it out Man.
Speaker 2: News Radio eight forty w HS, Dave Jennings, Dwight winning Alex Rimondo catch him Friday.
Speaker 1: By the way, at Mister G's.
Speaker 2: One show Only, One show only. Tickets available at Alexcomedy dot com. My dear friends Jenny and Lindsey joined the show, and they're with Shady Rays.
Speaker 1: It's no big secret that I love Shady Rays. I'm up to thirty three pair.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I do have an actual kitchen cabinet that's nothing but Shady Rays.
Speaker 3: We were just talking to Alex about number one tequila in one and then you get your shady rais out of the next and then you go siting.
Speaker 1: He's like Batman. He's got the bat Cave and all his little things are different places. Right something. Okay, here's what I want you to do. I can I say something I know you got, don't you when you gave them to me? Not only are they awesome, but they when you I first, they look like they were gonna feel heavy. They're super light on my face. I like it so they're nice. I dig it. This lens is what I wear the most.
Speaker 2: It's called color rush.
Speaker 1: Here you got it on. Look at that. Look at the color now I'm looking at the fish tank behind you.
Speaker 2: So when you have these color rush on, all the colors, they're just more bright.
Speaker 1: They're vibrant.
Speaker 2: Even the yellow lines on the road when you're driving, they jump out at you. You gotta see it to believe it. Go buy a Shady Rays in the Oxymore Center and check them out for yourself. But if you ever want to get a pair of Shady Rays, man, now is the time?
Speaker 1: Is it the fifteenth? This this Saturday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this Saturday and Sunday. I'd get there Saturday.
Speaker 2: I would get there this Saturday because the deal on this is pretty spectacular. By the way, if you lose them, break them, scratch them.
Speaker 1: If they're stolen by Alex Rema.
Speaker 2: Though I just lost mine, they replaced them to get a.
Speaker 1: Get another pair. Just lost mine. I don't know where they went another pair. You're like from the Adamson thank you thing.
Speaker 2: Dave Jennings, we got you a pair as well. But wait, let's go ahead and talk about this. Though this is I would get there Saturday, because it's a trade in event where you could trade.
Speaker 3: In even if your sunglasses or even if you have one of those lesser pairs.
Speaker 1: Lesser pair like crappy pair. This is sincere. It is this is sincerely people can trade something in. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the way it works is starting this Saturday morning. So our Oxmoor location opens at eleven am, so i'd get there at eleven am.
Speaker 4: This is called our Shady Raise Review.
Speaker 3: This is the second time we've done it. We did it once in the winter with our snow goggles. And really it's all about lost and broken, right. You shouldn't have to put a three hundred dollars pair of sunglasses on your face just to feel like the pressure of losing and breaking it. Right, So we'll take all that lost and broken stuff and we'll recycle it.
Speaker 4: We'll do the right thing.
Speaker 3: We'll send it into terra cycle and have those old materials recycled. So any pair of sunglasses, any brand, broken, scratched, are you getting an arm We'll take that and recycle it and in exchange, we're gonna give you a free pair of color Rush.
Speaker 1: What everyone has a drawer at their house that has like eleven pair of sunglasses, and everybody does. Everybody don't go there this Saturday.
Speaker 2: You're just dumb, well until you until you get shady rays, and then you put a kitchen cabinet. They no longer going the drawers. As a matter of fact, it's an amazing situation. On my mother's eyes. This is a true story. I said to Susan. It was just last week. I said, our buddy Adam has a cabinet business. We got to get Adam over here to build another shelf, seriously, because like there's not enough room.
Speaker 4: And you want to see them all, Yeah, walk.
Speaker 1: Out the door.
Speaker 2: I look at a door on color Rush with the purple.
Speaker 1: How am I feeling? Is what you're thinking of the glasses? How am I feeling? I'm gonna with these on? I like to It's that thrive.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's talk about this trade in any pair of sunglasses. It's Saturday and Sunday, but let's face it, get their Saturday. They open at eleven am at the Oxmore Center, seventy nine hundred Shelbyville Road.
Speaker 1: I'll be there at eleven oh one.
Speaker 4: You better be there, like you've done that before.
Speaker 2: I describe color Rush.
Speaker 1: I tried my best.
Speaker 2: How do they even come up with this technology? Lindsey, because it really is amazing. When I put these on, she's sick. It's it's incredible and it's it's hard to articulate.
Speaker 1: The best way I can tell you to experience this is to experience it.
Speaker 2: Go to the Oxmore Center and try these on. You can you can order online, but if you're not going to take my word for it how spectacular the color Rush are, go by and try them on. How they even come up with this technology? I know that's a you know what she said.
Speaker 3: We always say life is boring without color Rush. It really is like not you experience it, you can't, you can't go back.
Speaker 1: No, it's like number one, it's how about a baby.
Speaker 4: That's what we're giving out color Rush.
Speaker 1: So if you bring in a pair to be recycled, then we're going to give you whenever like most premium. Yeah that's awesome. Yeah, yeah, and that's what we're looking at right right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's got that color enhancing lens technology. So you just talked about looking at the logo or my red pants or whatever, and you you experience it outside inside the colors just pop to think about. Like if you're going out on the boat this summer and you want to see those vibrant colors of fish underwater, you want to see what's on the short like the reds, the greens, like they're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Like taking acid without taking ass you know what you're looking for. But you're saying that makes the world better.
Speaker 2: I believe you, right, Yeah I don't, but it does. So I wear these every every day. And my favorite lens is the Color Rush. So happy that you expand them into the av I wore my aviator Color Russia this morning. But they really do the yellow lines on the road, they pop out the light. They're brighter everything you look at it. And let me tell you, if you want to experience spring or fall colors, whoa put these Color Rush on. Man, It's it's absolutely incredible. Let's talk about shady rays. By the way, this Saturday and this Sunday. I say they're gone by Saturday.
Speaker 4: I hope so.
Speaker 3: But it's okay because if you have that junk drawer, if you have the junk drawer of your old sunglasses, any pair, bring them in because we'll recycle them. And anyone who recycles a pair. We're going to give you thirty percent off your purchase.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get thirty percent off for just bringing sunglasses out of your junk drawer, right, like, let.
Speaker 4: Us recycle them.
Speaker 3: Let us do the right thing. Keep them out of the landfill, keep them out of the trash. We'll recycle them, drawer. Keep it ye spring cleaning, spring clean upgrade.
Speaker 2: No, seriously, like he says, everybody has.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the best thing with this though, I truly so. You're getting color rush, You're getting one of our best lens technology in this pair, and we're giving you lost and broken protection. So a lot of times, if you were to get a free pair, it won't come with that protection coverage. But because you're coming in the store, you're trading it in, you get lost and broken coverage, so you're covered an additional two times. If anything happens to this pair we're giving to you for free, you can bring it in, replace it. It's all about lost and broken, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get into.
Speaker 2: Summer or if you're hang out with Alex stolen because I had a person that too.
Speaker 1: There's just no reason not to do this because everyone has errands to run on Saturday. Yeah, and put those, put your glasses in your car and put it on your list of when and just go by and you'll probably spend thirty forty five minutes going this is really cool and walk out with an awesome pair of glasses.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I want.
Speaker 2: To talk about how great of a community partner Shady Raise is and I also want to talk about experience about me replacing mind.
Speaker 1: This was last week.
Speaker 2: So I was in the down syndrome of Louisville Fashion Show with this beautiful woman, Macy Knight. Okay, she's a member there, and I said, hey, I want to get a pair of rows to go with her rose uh aviator wasn't a pretty so but then in the meantime, the purple ones I had for my purple outfit, the lens pops out I was. I was in and out of the store. David waited on me. I was in another store maybe two minutes. It's no big deal to replace these things, right right.
Speaker 3: And I hate to say this, but in this case, you're not special, no anyone. We would have treated you with the same levels of customer service. You would have been in and out in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: That's what we got you got your I want to talk about giving back the Raturman Brothers because it's pretty spectacular. People could just take take, take, take take, But I gotta say Shady Rays is one of the best corporate citizens that I've been around, and I want to specifically talk about where you all letting me come and be a part of this.
Speaker 1: I still have. I was awarded the Golden Hammer. There was a child.
Speaker 2: There's a child, and boy, this is a tear jerker. The kid has pediacor cancer. So number one, that's not fair for a child to go through cancer. But he was like three or four. Every three or four year old wants to go out and play with other three or four year olds on the playground.
Speaker 1: That's what you do.
Speaker 2: But because he had cancer, because he was going through the treatment, poor Jacks couldn't do this.
Speaker 1: So Shady Ray says, you.
Speaker 2: Know what we're gonna do. We're gonna build you an entire play set just for you and your family for your backyard. When I say playset, I probably have to repost pictures of this we're talking about. There's a treehouse in it, there's a sliding board and all of this. We get together. I got thank you for letting be part of this. But it was put together by all Shady Rays staff. Yep, we did it from the building and then you'd have it delivered to the child's home. Absolutely spectacular. The Radomans are just good people, right.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, that truly, truly and and things like rock solid and getting to volunteer as Shady Raids employees is I mean, what's it's what gives purpose to our work, right, I mean every day we know that we're selling great, high quality sunglasses, but every pair that is sold or purchased by our customers, that gives us more opportunity to give back to our communities. And thank you for being a part of it. Thank you for always supporting us. Of course, I'm not bitter at all that you have a golden hammer and I've done.
Speaker 1: You know, I noticed she got such a great story.
Speaker 4: Everyone you probably have a golden hammer.
Speaker 1: A that was my prison name. You know what's kind of cool is glasses? Sunglasses just make you cool, right, It's it's it's really but you guys sounds and again I'm kind of tuning into this, sounds like what you what Shady Rays and the Rattermans do do you just make the community cooler. They do.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Iline, I get it.
Speaker 1: I got a false sense of confidence. What sha listen seriously, both I put them on.
Speaker 4: Some people can't see my opinions.
Speaker 2: Listen, Jenny Lindsey Shady Rays. Go to Shady Rays dot com by the way and start shopping around, or go by the Oxmore Center. Because in the Oxymoor Center only if you're a University of Louisville fighting cardinal fan, they have several different pair of U of L sunglasses to choose from. Maybe you're a Kentucky fan they.
Speaker 1: Got to do.
Speaker 3: They got the blue and white too.
Speaker 1: They got the blue and white too.
Speaker 2: But seriously serious, if you haven't tried the Color Rush, go by the Oxmoor Center and try them on, and then get up Saturday.
Speaker 1: You don't have to get up early. They open up at eleven.
Speaker 4: O'clock or you'll be ready for you.
Speaker 2: First fifty people, right, first fifty people through the door. You can trade in your old crappy sunglasses and you can get a pair of these Color Rush, any brand, any condition you ate them in, and you get these beautiful I'll post pictures see you see them.
Speaker 4: These no timber color. Wow, looking good. You shouldn't take those off these.
Speaker 1: It's not really good. Thank you, thank you. You know what, I was just thinking, I have a show Friday night, and I'll be pretty intoxicated, you know, and I'm gonna but here's a good thing about tequila. I don't feel that bad. But I'm gonna be there. I'm gonna I'm gonna bring, I'm gonna bring, I'm gonna clear out my drawer, is that right, I'm gonna come get a pair of glasses.
Speaker 2: So anyway, like I said, first fifty you can trade in for these beautiful color Rois glasses. But let's say you get there in your number fifty one, No big deal.
Speaker 1: You still get thirty percent.
Speaker 2: Everybody, everybody that brings in a pair, you're gonna get thirty percent off. That's huge, baby, that's huge. The entire store. And once again, Shady Ray's if you lose them, if you scratch them, if you break them, If comedian Alex Raymundo stills.
Speaker 1: Yours, I don't that you're gonna be another.
Speaker 2: Speak American Shady Raise Listen, Lindsay Jenny.
Speaker 1: Love your Balls, Border Patrol of Meta Listen.
Speaker 2: Thank you for all that you all and shady rays do. God bless you us and I'll see you Saturday. I love it Day Saturday, Dave.
Speaker 1: Who do we have? We grow hair indyed.
Speaker 2: We grow hairindi dot com. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: People see me out all the time and they say, hey, can I see your hair?
Speaker 1: I said absolutely.
Speaker 2: And if you're a lady and you say let me see your hair, I say yeah, go ahead and kick those shoes off and run your toes through it.
Speaker 1: It's like a nice.
Speaker 2: Big shag carpet. It is a burber carb But listen to this. I used to have a big bald spot and it looked like it looked like quasi motor look like it looked like I was wearing a skin like a skin yam aka. Not anymore, baby shait, not anymore. We grow hair Indy. Listen, listen, we grow hair Indy. They're one of only two places. It's the use of quality artist robotic fu eat.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? It means when you get your hair replaced, it's your.
Speaker 2: Actual hair being replaced and it's in the real swirl pattern.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen the hair.
Speaker 2: Replacement where it's just lines it looks like a roll of corn. Nah, not this baby. They recreate your real swirl pattern and it actually works. I've had mine for five years now. You can get a free evaluation at We Grow Hairindi dot com. I did mine from the kitchen virtually. You can go in person or you do virtually. I don't think you've had pants.
Speaker 1: On when I had my evaluation done. But go ahead and get it, guys.
Speaker 2: Get your confidence back, weet your hair back, and let's do it with We Grow Hair Indy. Go to We Grow Hair Indie dot com. Stick around more with comedian Alex Riemlundo in a bit now this Radio eight forty whas you.
Speaker 1: Heard about the Shady rays DL.
Speaker 5: I've got another deal for you one week from yesterday. So next Tuesday, it's the anniversary at Lots of Pasta.
Speaker 1: When that happens, open to close.
Speaker 5: Everything at Lots of Pasta is twenty percent off the craft beer, the family sized entrees. Go in the coffee shop and enjoy lunch. Get a big Deli sandwich, a hot panini, Love Love Love the Baked CD. If you have company coming over, you can get the Baked ZD without meat or with everybody. Just crushes it. And these family sized entrees are like five dollars ahead to feed people ten people with each entree. So if you're having a big get together, you can do it on the cheap, but really high quality food, clean eating at Lots of Pasta once again. The anniversary next Tuesday, open to close everything twenty percent off. They have sharcutery boards too. Yeah, News Radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 1: First I thought it was remember you and me happy to get How does that feel?
Speaker 5: It's a sunny afternoon and we had our new Shady Rays peeks.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you that Shady Rays look great on you.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you didn't hear this, Saturday, they open up at eleven am. First fifty people. If you bring your old crappy sunglasses in, they're gonna trade you for a brand new pair of these color Rush and they're absolutely beautiful. Or if you're you show up and you're just number fifty one and you missed it bout one, No big deal. Anybody that brings these in Saturday or Sunday you get thirty percent off Shady Rays.
Speaker 1: That's in store only.
Speaker 2: As our guest comedian Alex Raymond, don't go ahead the question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three inches is that the kingster was at ray Davies. That was the Kings. That was the King Show, Ray Davies in front of the Kings. Yeah, but he did a little solo stuff and I couldn't remember if that was Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So let's let's talk about Alex Raymondo. You're in You're in concert, Uh this Friday night concert. Well, what do you say?
Speaker 1: What do you say? The show intoxicated, You're in toxic Friday Night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now listen, come out and see this show. You're gonna laugh your ass off. Uh, it's mister G's this Friday night eight o'clock star time.
Speaker 1: It's a good spot. It is a good it's hard, it's hard to here to find. It's weird.
Speaker 5: It's it's easy, it's weird. It's kind of a kind of around the back.
Speaker 1: Playing a number one tequila on hand. But let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Man, You've had a long, really successful career.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got the real it's showbiz, it's Feast and Famine. You got three, but you've.
Speaker 2: Had three comedy specials. You've been part parts of many more. You've been in movies.
Speaker 1: I like to look at it like this. I've been able to stay unemployed for thirty five years. Thirty five years. Look, that's what you say, but you work your ass off. I've known your regular punch the clock, known you for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: But I want to talk about the beginning because you're what was called a road dog.
Speaker 1: I'm a road dog. That's why Ethan liked me.
Speaker 2: But You're working as a bartender in a comedy club at Texas and a guy comes up and he says, give me a Budweiser and a shot at Teqila because I'm getting ready to go on stage for the first time.
Speaker 1: It open mic night, and I'm all nervous.
Speaker 2: So you serve this guy up and he goes on stage, and you become the best of friends and toured on stop.
Speaker 1: Who is that guy, Tater salad Ron. Yeah, it's a cool story and a true one. And and and those early days we were talking about this, those early days, we used to call it the Joy of the World tour, Okay, And we would literally carve it in restaurants and write it in sharpie wherever we would go. We were just we were just having fun, and nobody knew our name, and we were making I was making one hundred and twenty five bucks a week on average. Ron was making two fifty because he was the middle act and I was the opening neg wow, and and some places would let us work for a drink. Tab boy, did they get screwed? No kidding, right, But those are some of the fun times. And when Ron, when we toured again from eight to twenty twenty to the pandemic, you know, that's when we're on top of the world. You know, it was the Ron White Tour. I was a part of it, but I also had my pedigree going on, you know, and we were we were jet setting tour, busting big venues. And we would often talk about and that was amazing, right, but we would say, remember back in the day, the Joy of the World tour. That was a that was almost more fun this what was gonna ask you?
Speaker 2: Because look, here's the deal, man, I mean, your success, tremendous success, several specials on networks, uh, in movies, and by the way, like ten years into it, you get tapped to be part of the Latin Kings of common health.
Speaker 1: And that's blessed, thank you lord.
Speaker 2: It's cheech marin, it's it's it's George Lopez, it's it's uh yeah, yeah right, but Paul Rodriguez. No, but days a time, these were Yeah, just have Cheach marying you. Uh so you get tapped to do that. That's gonna feel great. And by the way, did they film one show or how many? How did how did that?
Speaker 1: It was filmed Baso, Texas and at the Abraham Chavez Theater. We filmed four they filmed four four shows. Uh, Paul Cheech and George weren't on all three because they are the Latin Kings, you know, at that time they everybody knew who they were. And it was a bunch of young comics. I want to say, there were eight or nine of us that got to do sets on two. You got two of four, two of four shows. Everybody got the young kunks all got to do two of them. And and and they told us, you know, not everyone's going to make the film cut that shows a DVD at Paramount Studios. And then we had a small theater release and Joey Medina and myself were just lucky enough for whatever reason the sets that we had, and whoever at Paramount made those decisions, they said, we like those two guys, and we became the Latin King. We became the young Latin King.
Speaker 2: Well, so how much pressure is that? Knowing that, because basically you're vying for position position.
Speaker 1: We were in the Kentucky Derby, you know, right, were running for the roses and yeah it was it was Nerve reckon. But you know, luckily from all of us. And by the way, all those comics, some of the comics that didn't make the com yeah, they're great comics now and selling more tickets than me. You know.
Speaker 2: I had Philippe as far as on Alipe, Yeah, I had him on last week. I bring up I said, hey, one of my best friends in the world, Alex Romondo, and he said, whoa, Alex.
Speaker 1: Is the guy that got me my first comedy special. Yeah that was. And you know what I forgot about that until Philip had told me. I was on his podcast. You never gave me a comedy you want one? No, completely out of the No.
Speaker 2: The scariest I want to get to the Felipe story, but well, the scariest times in my life was your show in May. I walk to your dressing room to have a daquilo with you, and you go, hey, I need you to do me a favor. I said, anything, Alex, what do you need? I need you do fifteen minutes tonight I started to vomit.
Speaker 1: Right there by the way, everybody, I have video of that that thing too. Birthday.
Speaker 2: So Filippe, he credits you with his very first comedy special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were doing the thing in d C for the Hispanic Chamber of uh, you know, Hispanic Caucus, which is very different from the Bullpenis that Ethan had. But we were the Hispanic Caucus and and they were there for a big show, right, and a bunch of Latin comics. And we're in and Philippe we we were drinking and we're outside, you know, we're in Washington, d C. And he says, uh. He says, hey, man, we're just he's an old friend of mine. And he said something about something because at the time I was filming, I just filmed Red Mexican. We'd done the the uh, the Pioso Comedy Slam. All of these performers were on Showtime, Comedy Central and Netflix, and and he's in. Scott Montoya was producing them for me and directing him. And he said, man, I'd like to And I said, well, I get you a special right now. He said, what are you talking about? I just called Scott and I said, hey, Scott, you know Philippe spar said they knew each other and he says, man, yeah, And I said, Philippus is ready to do a special. He Scott said, I've always loved him. I love to do a special with him. And literally that phone call got him. I've got those guys together, of course. But you know what, it's It's weird how in this business you pay it forward, you pay it for when you can, because sometimes you can't do anything for somebody. But at that moment, I had that that that push, the what did they call it? I had the and the ability to help somebody, and and I forgot about it, even told me later because of you. And philipp has done big, great things since then. So I want to get back to you. I can't take any credit for it. I won't get back to.
Speaker 2: You and ron Uh being road dogs because there'll be times when I was on morning show, y'all would call and you'd be on the way to play golf or whatever it was. But the conditions they were tough. Man starting out, when y'all we're going back and.
Speaker 1: Forth city to city.
Speaker 2: It's it's a tough life and then you have tremendous success. Do you guys ever talk about the old days and romanticized about you know what?
Speaker 1: It was just easier then, it was freer, you know it was there was there was a pressure. I think the pressure then was you want people to like you. Now the pressure is you want people to continue to like it, right, you know, there's a big difference. But either way, it's a but for me, it's a fun energy to have before a show. I genuinely care. See how I edited that that I started to say give up right right right right right yeah on the to the audience because I want them to go home and go man, that was fun. And I can't wait to give that guy my money again, or my time, not even my money. I'm going to give that guy my time because that's what That's what I promise you if you come out Friday or anytime I'm in town or anywhere, have you seen me, I'm I care about your time and uh that cherishing. I'm glad you gave it to me, and I'm not gonna let you down.
Speaker 2: The show shows it too, by the way, So let's go back to the beginning again. When you start and stand up, everybody's got to start up with open mic night. Yeah, I mean I would imagine that's where everybody does.
Speaker 1: So to hear one of my first jokes absolutely, why is it every time you have a black car bird poop white? Have you have a black carbirds poop white? When you have a white one they poop black? And then the laughter and I'd say, and I think it's only appropriate cops get pooped on twice first show.
Speaker 2: So so when you go out and you start your doing your like that it opened mic, Yes, I do, thank you for it.
Speaker 1: By the way.
Speaker 2: So when you go out and you start doing uh open mic, what grabs you and gives you enough hope because you get like her name was no, But seriously, you put like three minutes together and then seven minutes almost like.
Speaker 1: A sexual experience. Now I can do an hour. My wife is at home going yeah right.
Speaker 2: But is that what it tastes the confidence to do three minutes and stretch to seven?
Speaker 1: And you know, I all I can what it takes is getting back up there. Yeah, And you know, I don't know how to explain. I don't know why I keep doing it, But it's it's a thrill.
Speaker 2: Was there ever a night where you turned in one that was so bad you thought, you know what, this isn't for me.
Speaker 1: Well, in the early days as an amateur, yes, and and and and now that show will happen, I don't know, hopefully not that often, but at least every three years, you know, reallything, you know where you just we're the first ones to know. We're the first ones to know when it's not going well. You know, the comic up there, it's got to be the worst feeling. Oh, it's a horrible feeling. And and I'm the first one to know when I've made a wrong turn, and I try to, you know, call an audible and figure it out. And then sometimes you're going maybe is not going bad. And usually when that's happening to me. And again, it doesn't happen often, but I'd be a fool to say it will never happen again, because that's when it'll happen, because you take it for granted. But it's it's humbling. It's humbling.
Speaker 2: You'll get the best of hecklers, but you're not mad at them. After the show, people show up and they and they'll try to they'll try to contribute to the show, but all they're doing is running for the rest of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're never in my plan. I don't mind them, but I like to kind of escort them to a safer place, you know, where no one wants to.
Speaker 2: Kill them, right, because it's not you, it's the audience.
Speaker 1: It's the audience, and they're going. You know, even though I may perceive it as something fun, but some of the audiences like, you know what.
Speaker 2: We came to see you were at Yeah, and they're stepping on.
Speaker 1: Line yeah, and and and a lot of comedies headed that way. Where the audiences have I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is it tough to be married and being on the roads? I mean, you do all these West Coast date runs last hell this year, you spend months out on the West Coast and you're away from your wife.
Speaker 1: I think she likes it.
Speaker 2: My wife keeps saying you should try to stand.
Speaker 1: For long.
Speaker 2: You could be you could be Alex's manager, maybe Alex Romando's. Our guests joined them this Friday night.
Speaker 1: Mister Gee's the number one comedy, the number one showroom. I'm playing with New ideas. Everybody, are you really that in my and my wife always tells me, uh, Terry, Uh. She always says, you know, you should do that blue Angel bit. And that's a bit that was on my second comedy special and I probably have I've probably done it four times in the last five years, but I might dust that off for this weekend because she keeps she always says this, it's this great story. So what I'm trying to say is, come listen to me, play with some new ideas, but maybe throw something out there.
Speaker 2: So you're not you're not politically correct. And when wotan has happened, this scared the hell out of me because because we've been dear friends for a while, but WoT this happens in every comedian, well not every most comedians adjust their act.
Speaker 1: You did not, I never have an a lot of a lot.
Speaker 2: Scared the hell out of me, though, line, because people were getting canceled left and right, and you're act.
Speaker 1: You know, it's it's not poliminated. Are I'm not playing absolute woke?
Speaker 3: And uh?
Speaker 1: And I you know what I tell the true, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth according to me, you know, And usually people that come to see me. They they know me, you know, yeah somehow somewhere and they and they like. So I don't think I'm If you're coming to any comedy club, let's just say you don't know the comic. Check your ego at the door, Check your emotions, check your feelings at the door. You know what the comedy clubs are in theaters where you see stand up comedy. We're a spit valve to the rest of the what's happening in the world. We are. We are where you let that stress go. So all is fair in love, war, and comedy. We could talk about your mom my, ethnicity, your ethnicity, your gender, your your your sexuality. You know what, you'll laugh at most of it. And the time that you're not laughing that that you're upset, it's probably because it's about you. So let it go, Let it go back. There's no rules in common. It's like that in Greece. Rules is there ain't no rules.
Speaker 2: Listen Cats, Alex Raymondo one show only, one show only this.
Speaker 1: Friday, and if I offend you, that's just the tequila talking.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be at mister G's Number one showroom this Friday night.
Speaker 1: Eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Get tickets at Alexcomedy dot com. You know I'm gonna be there. Come out, have a number one tequila with me.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be celebrating Dwight being a I'm a partner.
Speaker 2: I'm a partner. I'm a partner. Number one aequila Baby. This is Alex reminder. Go to see you, my friend. I'll see you Friday night.
Speaker 1: And we go. Dave, that was a forty four alcohol content that we were drinking, ropping wrong bottle. That's nice, it is tasty, all right.
Speaker 2: Stick around. We'll wrap it up here in just a couple of minutes. News Radio eight forty w h as