Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kfi AM six forty The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Gary and Shannon kfi AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeart Radio app. You know Demi Moore biked sixty miles a day to lose weight after her second presidency presidency, I mean, oh wow, pregnancy.
Speaker 2: It's been pregnant twice already.
Speaker 3: It all sounds bad.
Speaker 2: Two administrations, two president Demi Moore administrations already, sixty miles a day.
Speaker 3: That is extensive.
Speaker 2: It must be nice to have that amount of time just to you, just to just bike.
Speaker 1: Even if I had all the time and the money in the world, I would not exercise that much. I know people say, oh, well, if I had all that money and time, I would be in the gym all the time, be eating healthy.
Speaker 3: No, you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I mean you might hire something. I would make food for you. Sure, then you'd sneak the snacks that you want to eat any exactly.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, I'm rich, I'm eating doritos. I've earned these doritos.
Speaker 2: I can pay to have my arteries roto rootert.
Speaker 1: At some point can't we bring in I'm a LiPo guy to live here full time.
Speaker 2: Lpo guys, can I get a collagen on call number? Please?
Speaker 3: You can't do that. You can't fix that.
Speaker 1: That's gone well, we can really, Yeah, you just want me to pump my face up full of fat.
Speaker 2: I'll get you a numbered a guy. I know what a day's in. He'll put college wherever you want, everywhere. He'll do it every day, whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody, get your diary have started. We got a News and Bruise and Huntington b tried it on the boulevard off the four or five every way. Come say happy birthday to me Renee and Patricia.
Speaker 2: Patricia.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a great time.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to it. Yay. We'll see out there on Thursday again our News and Bruise at BJ's Restaurant in brew House this Thursday in Huntington Beach on Beach Boulevard at the BJ's Restaurant in House.
Speaker 3: Just a quick PSA.
Speaker 1: Food poisoning symptoms can start as soon as thirty minutes after eating, but they usually begin within one to three days, so you can start the diarrhea game tomorrow or Wednesday or even Thursday morning. If you say you got into a questionable Starbucks for Tata or something.
Speaker 2: Might I suggest just because recent history has told me that this is an option, And you say pad Thai, and then you're like, I didn't. I trusted this place and it.
Speaker 1: Just smelled a little funny, but I was ravenous and I ate it anyway. It was like me and that taco at the stadium in Mexico City.
Speaker 2: I would go drunken noodle, drunken drunk even better one.
Speaker 3: Really, why does that make it? Because it was grease. I don't know that sounds really good though, drunken noodles? Hmmm?
Speaker 2: What else is going on? Time? For what's happening?
Speaker 1: The US sending now additional troops to the Middle East, but being very cagey and exactly how much we're sending in response to this violence between Is and Hesbelah that has raised the risk of an all out war. This according to the Pentagon today, they're not going to prevent or not going to provide details on how many forces, what they would be asked to do. Currently, we've got about forty thousand troops in the area.
Speaker 2: That's a considerable metric ass ton of men and women in the way. The USS Truman, a couple of destroyers and a cruiser sets out from Norfolk headed to the Mediterranean on What they say is they're regularly scheduled deployment deployment, but that possibility could keep both the Truman and the aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln, which is currently the Gulf of Oman nearby, in case anything really starts popping off. Gavin Newsom signed that plastic Grocery Bag Ban SB ten fifty three into law yesterday. It bans plastic bags from being provided at grocery store checkout. You're still going to get the really super thin plastic bags in the produce aisle, for example, or maybe in the back at the butcher counter. But they said it's going to fix a loophole that was in the original plastic bag ban. In twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Speaking of plastics, California issuing Exxon Mobile for misleading the public about plastic recycling. This is a first of its kind lawsuit and they say that they lied. Exxon Mobil lied about the potential for plastic recycling and created an environmental blight that has costed a state billions of dollars To clean. They said that they wanted to convince us plastic recycling could solve the plastic waste and pollution crisis when they clearly knew it wasn't possible. It led to their record breaking profits at the expense of our planet, jeopardizing our health. All for that bottom line.
Speaker 2: I've gotten away from my plastic and I'm all metaled down. What are you drinking? You're just drinking that's eleven and a hal half ounces of microplastics that you just ingested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I've done.
Speaker 1: I've My body is not a temple, so this smart water bottle is probably the least of my problems.
Speaker 2: Your body's a flea market. It's like your body. What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Not a temple? Watch your mouth, I know what.
Speaker 1: You put in there. I've seen it happen, Palace Verdi. The landslide keeps getting worse. Well, that's what's going to happen. It's a landslide, and it's getting worse and worse. It started in what the fifties, sixties, and when we get heavy rains and back to back years of it, it's going.
Speaker 2: To keep sliding. I do feel awful for these people. I mean there's three hundred homes there that don't have electricity, there's two hundred and twenty four of them without gas.
Speaker 3: Cut your losses at that point.
Speaker 2: Many of them are without both of those. Utility companies have said the land movement has made it unsafe to continue providing gas and electricity, and that obviously has cited concerns about infrastructure breaks, potential wildfires, and any other hazards that could come with system failures. And if it does start raining, if we get a couple of months here where we get just even a handful of inches of rain, could make a huge impact on that.
Speaker 1: So what's the deal with Cards Against Humanity suing Elon Musk?
Speaker 2: So Cards Against Humanity bought property along the border in an attempt to prevent President Trump from building a border wall. It was a stunt. It was just a stunt. But they own that property and they have for seven years. So I guess what happened now is that Elon Musk, according to them, snuck up from behind and completely eft the land with gravel, tractors and space garbage because they claim that SpaceX has been using its land to store construction materials without the company's permission. They said that they've gone after SpaceX. They regarded this unapproved storing and dumping which they tried to buy.
Speaker 1: The land, but they said apparently it was a low ball offer, so now they're.
Speaker 3: Going to court.
Speaker 1: Kids are inhaling galaxy gas to get high. What is it, Jacob? Are you are you getting into galaxy gas?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I don't even know where to buy that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I thank you.
Speaker 2: He's lying. Amazon. The products this Galaxy Gas company is selling whipped cream chargers, solely intended for culinary use cold brew coffee, dessert sauce, stuff like that. A whipped cream charger is a nitrous filled, nitrous oxide filled stainless deel cartridge that when you dispense, it helps cream and other ingredients transform into a whipped state. Blows a bunch of air into it, in this case nitric nitril.
Speaker 1: I just use a little thing, the little thing with the coffee and put the milk in A little coil goes around real quick.
Speaker 2: The frother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a frother. It works.
Speaker 2: Do not inhale the froth or either, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think that the nitrous is coming out of that thing.
Speaker 2: No, it's not but they said without a food ingredient in the canister, when you dispense the charger, it emits just nitrous ox side. Kids don't do.
Speaker 3: Don't do nitrous.
Speaker 2: There's no to the dentist, there's no better way to completely blow Swiss cheese holes in your brain.
Speaker 1: They'll give you the nitrous if you ask at a teeth cleaning.
Speaker 3: So that's how you get that high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a controlled environment.
Speaker 3: It probably won't be covered by insurance.
Speaker 2: But what's the last time you had nitrous?
Speaker 3: Like nineteen ninety six?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I can't I remember as a maybe sophomore in high school.
Speaker 3: Right, that was the last time in fact when it was safe? Is it not safe? They put fentanyl the nitrous Now the.
Speaker 2: Dentist office, Yes, the campaign continues. Former President Trump's in Pennsylvania. Koni Harris is doing vice presidential stuff in DC, but she's going to be on the campaign trail Pennsylvania on Wednesday. New York Times and Seeing a College poll came out today and found that Trump has a now five point lead in Arizona and four point lead in Georgia. Those are two states that went to Biden a few years ago. But in North Carolina it's down to a two point margin over Vice President Harris. But again, you look at the polls that have come through. Yes, there was a slight post convention bump for Kamala Harris, there was even a slight post debate bump for Kamala Harris. But she's still not pulling away in any great numbers. Nationally, she may be ahead by one or two points, but in those battleground states is where it's gonna matter, and she's losing some of the important ones. So well, Week three.
Speaker 1: Gave us some surprises, some non surprises. Oh Raider fans have got to be pissed after they made a change at quarterback in CA and look at Andy Dalton. Wow, much better than Bryce Young performed in Week one and week two really all of his career, unfortunately for Bryce.
Speaker 3: But the Raiders just came.
Speaker 1: Out flat in their home opener, and Antonio appears after the game. He made some incendiary comments saying that it looked like some of his guys were making business decisions in the game, and that moving forward, he would make business decisions. That's a great quote, it really is, and you don't want to mess with that guy. Like he is a player's coach and he commands respect. And that was a rough go for Raiders fans. My heart goes out to you, but it was rough go for Niners fans as well, losing to the Rams as the Rams came back in the fourth quarter to win that one. Niners down a bunch of weapons, but no excuses there. Juwan Jennings, what a game, but Matthew Stafford was able to captain them to victory at SOFI. Sean McVay static after the game. How much caffeine? Does that kid go through a lot of caffeine or is it just gum?
Speaker 3: What goes on there?
Speaker 2: A lot of Galaxy guests.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just gonna say the nitrous or No.
Speaker 2: He just seemed very He's one of those guys that probably doesn't even do caffeine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably just wakes up and doesn't it just has water. Uh.
Speaker 2: The Steelers are undefeated. The Vikings are undefeated.
Speaker 1: Rough go for the Chargers down the really the stalwarts of of the of the of the team. When you look at the way you have to beat Pittsburgh, it's in the trenches. And they lost Joey Bosa, they lost Rashaan Slater and Joe All basically the guys who guard Justin Herbert's life, who also dealt with that high ankle injury and had to come out in the second half as well. Threw in their tailor, heineke it back up and just stood no chance without those linemen guarding him. It was a shuffling of the deck there on that O line, and Pittsburgh won the day in all three phases. A lot of penalties too for the Charger, but you know, it wasn't the loss for the Chargers that game. It's the loss when it comes to what are those injuries mean? They've got Chiefs Week coming up. I think you kind of just take the l let those guys all rest because then you have the bye week, so they'll have two weeks to kind of get ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Seahawks are also undefeated so far. They're three and oh. The Chiefs, as you mentioned, three and oh, and they'll come to town next weekend tonight a doubleheader actually for Monday Night football, Jaguars and the Bills. The Bills will trying to go for their third win, and then the Commanders at the Bengals.
Speaker 1: Gino Smith, how old is Gino Smith thirty three years old, looks great.
Speaker 3: Out there in Seattle.
Speaker 2: The yeah, but Miami, Oo, well, what are you gonna do? Jim Doyle?
Speaker 3: Was that their third string who had to come in?
Speaker 2: I didn't even see that.
Speaker 1: Pat, Oh, yeah, well it was awful. There was nothing to see there. So how did we do for our Gas Fantasy four play?
Speaker 2: Well, if I did my things right, I was two and two if I remember correct, this Houston, Seattle, Baltimore, in Arizona. I got Seattle in Baltimore's what I got.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to look Jacobs. Let's have some accountability here.
Speaker 2: I think I would either one in three or two and two.
Speaker 1: I went three and one because the Vikings guys are legit. Yeah, Sam Donald, how many quarterbacks were wasted away in Carolina?
Speaker 3: Just wasted away?
Speaker 2: Well, what's funny is that he goes So Sam Darnald goes to Minnesota, Kirk Cousins goes to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he looked good.
Speaker 2: I mean, just a change of scenery, I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The freaking Chiefs last night. That really pisses me off. I know I've seen the movie over and over again, but that non call in the end zone for PI would have completely changed the outcome of that game. We want a fun game to watch, though, and Travis Kelcey being a non factor. I like to see him sad on the sidewin. He's had enough happiness. He's had enough happiness.
Speaker 2: Well maybe he was happy, it's just not the ecstatic happiness that he's used to.
Speaker 1: His production is definitely slowed and that's got to suck. Being the go to guy and then you're not the go to guy.
Speaker 2: Comes a time in a boy's life when you know it's it's harder to it's harder to keep up with, you know, muscle gains and.
Speaker 3: What the muscle gains. You know, it's harder to keep about the milk? Is it? I don't think Travis Kelsey has lost muscle mass.
Speaker 1: I think that he's lost a couple steps brain muscle mass.
Speaker 2: Oh you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI A M six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.