Speaker 1: All right, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Rod Yes, sir, thank you waky hands on snakey rod Ryan Show checking in on this free beer Frinday.
Speaker 1: Thank you specs. I got beer for you every hour straight up at six, seven, eight nine. Do you have a little something on the side here? I'm going rogue here in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store, every donation, every purchase today in the store between now and ten o'clock will qualify you for tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. I'll look at sales of items and donations, will pick two people randomly an hour to get into the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Of course, we'll give away tickets on air at seven to twenty. But boy, if you wanted to go into the rod Ryan Show Care Store today, today's a great day to do it. Ten percent chance of rain party Claude HIGs up around ninety seven today. You got that Fresh Jacob guy. I look hearing him again on the show. Fresh Jacob in the Fresh out of Bed had to head challenge Suburb Suburb Sissler at a twenty open phones today. I can't wait for today's show. All right, good morning Tessa. One of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning Rod, Good morning home room. So lots of stuff going on here locally. Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee was honored in her final celebration of life yesterday. That's where you had Vice President Kamala Harris.
Speaker 4: Coming to Houston delivering the eulogy.
Speaker 3: In the service that went down at Fallbrook Church in Northwest Houston for President Bill Clinton. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also remembering Lee. Stevie Wonder performing at the celebration of lives. So lots of political people in town for that, and that is probably the biggest story here locally. But there's also some other stuff going on in the city. So Houston announced no ideas as a new HPD chief today. There is a news conference scheduled for eleven am at City Hall to introduce him. You have Governor Greg Abbott telling Centerpoint their proposed storm prep plans are inadequate.
Speaker 4: So that's going on.
Speaker 3: And then the Santa Fe shooting lawsuit try continues and that's going on in Galiston County. So again, lots to talk about and that's the local stuff. We have another viral moment page from the Olympics going up. If you didn't know, some files just cementing her goat status even more. Won her six gold medal. Yesterday Sunny Lee also won. But man, some of these you gotta click on the on the blog page because there are some really funny moments. Like Andy Murray closing out his tennis career.
Speaker 4: He tweeted like I never even liked.
Speaker 3: Tennis anyway, and then he changes his bio from like I played tennis too, I played tennis, Silly stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Also, you got Flavor Flames stepping up again.
Speaker 3: Flavorflame saying like there was this this discus thrower.
Speaker 4: Was like, I can't even pay my rent.
Speaker 3: I'm in the Olympics tomorrow, Like my financial aid didn't come through.
Speaker 4: Flavor Flame just subtweet her and she he's like, you focus on winning. I will pay your rent.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Jersey, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like Flavor Flame just continuing to be the girl dad of America right now.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about some movie news.
Speaker 3: Harrison Ford was asked what it took to do motion capture work in the new Captain America movie, and he said, quite simply. It took not caring. It took being an idiot for money, which I've done before. He said it was fun. He said, he enjoyed it and he had a great time. Good for him, love the honesty. There is going to be a statue of Johnny Cash added to the US Capital.
Speaker 4: That's right. The man in black is going to Washington, DC. It was just made official that the Statue.
Speaker 3: Of Johnny Cash will be added to the National Statuary Hall collection. It features two statues from every state highlighting their most notable residents. Since Johnny was born in Arkansas, he will be honored for that. Saint Sorry, Tennessee, he spent a lot of time there.
Speaker 4: Anyway, those are season said, Land take it.
Speaker 5: The Texans kicked off the preseason against the Bears last night the Jambell's Hall of Fame Game.
Speaker 1: The Bears beat the.
Speaker 5: Texans twenty one to seventeen, but the game ended early because of whether Texans obviously would have won if they got to play the full game. Stopped it with three thirty one left in the third quarter. After a thirty six minute delay. They were like, hey, is the preseason. Let's not waste our time here. Guys, Texans are gonna play their next Preseas game a week from today when they take on the Steelers in Pittsburgh, and Baseball Assens will be back in action tonight to open up a weekend series with the Rays. At minute made you say, Kakuchi'll be making his first start for the Astro since coming over in that trade with the Blue Jays. He'll be going up against Tampa Bay's Shane Baz first pitches at seven to ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the Olympics, Team USA added seven more medals yesterday in Paris, four of them being golds. Like Tessa said Simone Biles when the Golden women's gymnastics all around the Sunny League getting bronze. Kate Douglas and Reagan Smith won golds in the pool, and we also won golds in men's rowing and women's team fencing. US has the most total medals still with thirty eight. We're ten ahead of France who's in second, and we have the second most gold medals now just a couple behind China, so we're second.
Speaker 1: We need up in golds.
Speaker 5: Guys, track and field starts this weekend.
Speaker 6: Kicks ass, that's what's going on in spore.
Speaker 1: Here we go in four hours and pain starts right now. Do you want the first case of beer? You'll have to be the first phone call today.
Speaker 7: Good luck, Bam Friday. You've got free Bam Friday. You've got a free Bam Friday. You got a free ban Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right Bam Friday, and Bam Friday, and free man Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rot Ryan Show, Good Morior. Right, Hello, who's this Nate, Nate the Great? You're calling number ten. Congratulations. I'm gonna give you that first case of beer, nath the Great. Where you're from Swenberg Churches? All right, my man, first case of beer is all yours.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: I hope you have a great weekend.
Speaker 9: All right, thank you, thank you for beer.
Speaker 1: Thank you man. I appreciate you being a part of homeroom. Thank you, Nate the Great. Everybody. That's an awesome way to get the show started. Hang on, Nate, you shoot you over to Chile. Right now, he's doing a photo session. He's doing the Hey click to links, listen to us live. He's gonna be on the Instagram and Facebook stories. So he's got a little session. So wait there, Nate Jilli, You'll come over to you in just a moment. Ten percent chance of rain party, cloudy high of ninety seven today, twenty percent chance of rain tomorrow, white linen night tomorrow in the Heights area. Tomorrow high of ninety eight, so it's gonna be hot. Forty percent chance of some afternoon thunderstorms on Sunday. Okay, let me clear up. Well, okay, let me do the rundown of what we're doing today on the show, because that's the most important thing, or is it. Jacob Jingleheimer Smith yesterday came into Our Lives fresh fish. He left the show a legend. Okay. He took out Kenny the cash Man. Jacob's going for win number two. Chris Stapleton tickets on the Chopping Block Pit passes, and a four pack of tickets to Monster Jam in Homeroom. On the Fun Fact Flashback, Rod Ryan showed twentieth Anniversary Party tickets, Covered Your Way at eight seven twenty Summurn Summer Sizzler at eight twenty A Task Asda takes on Alvin Open Phones, Friday Front Row tickets, The Third I Blind on Know the Show, That Yellow Card, Arizona Show, Summer Gods going down tomorrow, So we've been counting down. In the first five rows, we'll get you into the front row. On Know the Show, World premiere New Music from the Smashing Pumpkins today at seven twenty. I've not even heard one note of this thing yet, so I hope you join us for that. We'll take some phone calls and then maybe this is the most important thing on the show. I briefly mentioned it. I put something, I tipped my cap, and I tipped my pitch yesterday on social media. Today on the show, every donation, every purchase, no matter how large or small, you will be qualified for Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets, the one that you have to win your way into. Yeah, this is what I was kind of hinting to yesterday. I didn't want to say it in front of the radio wizards. I didn't want him to say no. Performing at the party acoustic performances Shine Down, Sublime Blue October, the Dead Man X's We're gonna be at the Carbock Brewery October twelfth, doors open at three. Adam asked me a question. He's like, well, listen, I think I can muster up, and he did. He donated five backpacks this morning one hundred bucks. You're in the running, he wanted to know. Am I in the running just in the six o'clock hour or am I in the running for the whole four hour show? You're in the running for the whole four hour show? Okay, no matter what time your purchase or donation is, we will randomly select two of you per hour, and I will give you tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party, the one that you got to win your way into. I want to give a shout out to AJ And don't worry, you're all off the hook. He already told me because I talked to him. Second year in a row. The dude dropped one thousand dollars in there, and last year he was said he was one of those guys if you see if you guys remember this, he said, Listen, I was unfortunate growing up. My wife and I are in a situation right now. I want to challenge all Astros fans and blah blah blah. And then he got a bunch of people. He got a bunch of people to donate. He said, been out of town.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 1: I want to give you guys another thousand dollars. I love the way you bring the community together. He got up this morning first one, like four point thirty this morning. Yeah, he dropped a thousand dollars donation. Wow, don't worry. He can't make it to the show. He's also he's out of town that day. So it was like, oh, of course you're gonna pick ajs as they're angels. They really are. Him and his wife. They can't make it. So everybody is in the running right now. I see a lot of people in the store, and that's great. Any purchase or donation, you're qualified. Till ten o'clock. Two people an hour are gonna win tickets to the twentieth anniversary party. All right, So that's that. Tomorrow's we won't we give out the backpacks. And this is really my hail merrit to try to get some more money quick break. When we come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of.
Speaker 10: Bed Houston hosts alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show bus.
Speaker 1: Four or five the bus good morning, rod Ryan's Show on this free beer Friday already blew out our first case. Thank you Specs for the beers. Your next opportunity is at seven to twenty. Don't forget world premiere new music from the Smashing Pumpkins Murmur at seven to twenty today. Ten percent chance of rain partly cloudy. Hip ninety seven is a twenty percent chance of rain for Saturday, forty percent chance of afternoon thunderstorm Sunday. All right, what you got over there? What's trending?
Speaker 3: Did I hear you right that anyone that donates or purchases something in the rod Ryan Show cares?
Speaker 4: I mean, did that you just like laying that on us?
Speaker 1: I know I didn't want to say it. Yesterday I said I was working on something and I'm just going rogue on this, and I gotta do what I gotta do. I know that the biggest ticket in town is the rod Ryan Show twentieth aniversary show.
Speaker 3: Okay, facts, people will say I got a tweet that says I would do weird things for twentieth anniversary tickets. That was an actual tweet.
Speaker 1: So I'm asking you again to go in The rod Ryan Show cares online store, any purchase, any donation will qualify you. That means Mary Leo dropped one hundred dollars, she's qualified for anniversary show tickets. Wow, Letty Caruso drop twenty dollars she has the exact same chance. Okay, I get it. It's not at the amount, it's not the highest bidder, it's nothing like that. It's just getting involved. Any purchase or donation today, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, I'm sorry, twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four to twenty five, twenty six from sevent twenty eight. Okay, I didn't think I was going to count that long. There probably would have been two sales this morning had I not done this.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, hey, desperate turnings, desperate times, desperate measure.
Speaker 4: Right, guy, I get it, desperate, totally get it.
Speaker 1: All purchases, all donations, and once you're in, you're in for the whole ride of the show. So you're qualified. Once you make your purchase, doesn't matter if it's in the seven o'clock, eight o'clock, nine o'clock or now.
Speaker 4: All what else I would say, that's the biggest trend of the day. Okay.
Speaker 3: Also, I don't know if you've heard, but Venezuela is in the middle of turmoil.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Their election results of the country declared this guy, Nicholas Maduro the winner, and he totally isn't the winner because the way the country's rioting, like, it's not checking out, the math isn't mathing.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk is challenging Maduro to fight, and I'm serious. He's like, yeah, you know what, I never fought Zuckerberg. I would actually like to fight Nicholas mcduro. So that's a really funny trend. And then the Starbucks fall menu leaked online following I know a lot of people were excited about it. Starbucks is obviously very upset, but anyway, I'll tweet out what's on it. That's what's trending on ninety four five to the bus.
Speaker 11: Good morning, everybody. This is former fresh Fish Jacob Bailey and rog just said shot the world this Cinderella story. First time ever playing just took out eight times Hall of Famer Kenny D.
Speaker 1: Kashmi.
Speaker 11: Looks like I'm playing free beer Friday. Join me at six point twenty as I make it number two bitches.
Speaker 1: Well, there you have it. The victory speech is at six twenty. The game comes after the Chili Peppers. I don't know about this guy. He took out Kenny. Maybe he's the greatest player of all time. It's yet to be determined. Yeah, seven one, three, two one two five nine four five. If you think you can beat Jacob here on the buzz, Hey, ninety four to five the buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show with the red Hot Chili Peppers. That's under the bridge. Yeah, there's about sixty of you that have gotten into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store this morning. Had we not been doing this, had I not been going rogue, there might be three orders in there right now, maybe two. There's over fifty that I counted at the beginning of the Chili Peppers. Thank you. Why is everybody in the rod Ryan Show Care Store Because every donation, every purchase qualifies you for rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. I'm going to draw two names randomly each hour today two four six pair of tickets given away for people that go and visit the door today and make a purchase or a donation. That's it. I don't even know if it's legal. I'm just doing it. I'm just doing it. I really I don't know. But it's happening. It's things are moving and I love it. It's my last ditch effort to make some money because tomorrow's when we pass out these backpacks. Okay, all right, come on, let's play a game. Let's do some of the things that we do. And now it's time for the fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge. Listeners to your corners. Jacob, Yes, sir, quick email Laurie. John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith Rod. Why did you call him? This just triggered a distant memory from grade school and this song keeps going through my head now. I can't get rid of it. I grew up in Pittsburgh. Was this something that was only taught to us Northerners? Is it just our generation? Thanks for the earworm? I cannot stop singing.
Speaker 4: It EANs, guys, Thank y'all.
Speaker 1: The only one you know what? John Jacob jingle Himer Smith l La La la la la. John Jacob jingle Himer Smith. His name is my name too. Whenever we go out, the people always shout, there goes John, Jacob Jingle Himer Smith. Remember you guys all know it all right, John, Jacob Bailey, Jingle Jingleheimer Smith. I don't know why I said it. My mouth moves before my brain analyzes things. Jacob, you know.
Speaker 12: You're not You're actually not the first person to call me that.
Speaker 13: Very good?
Speaker 1: Okay, rolls off the towne you're taking on. Steve the Breadman, Steve morning Homeroom. I know this guy's always up early with us. You know what, bread Guy's got to get the bread there early. Breadman? When was the last time you played last year February? Did you do anything?
Speaker 14: I got beat by? Why is the carper?
Speaker 15: What todd?
Speaker 1: He sucks? How did you lose to him? He's actually God's actually pretty good. He's actually really good, all right? Breadman and Jacob Jingleheimer Smith.
Speaker 5: Steve the bread Guy kind of sound like other John, like he could be his cousin.
Speaker 1: No, because there's another guy that I accused of sounding like other John. Everybody just sound like anybody that's super mild manner didn't nice?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like relaxes.
Speaker 1: Gives off another John vibe? What are they playing for?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets. See Chris Stapleton, will right up the gate.
Speaker 4: All right, Rinda Lambert Grace Potter as well.
Speaker 1: Shout out you are name when you think you know the answer, Steve Jacob, Question number one, what sport is Katie Ladeci Breadman swimmy correct answer? I stressed sport because I didn't want you guys freaking out over strokes, you know, like what specialty. It's just overall. She's just the female goat of swimming. Bread Man's on the board.
Speaker 16: Well he's fasked.
Speaker 1: Sure, is Jacob you some sort of impostor? You kicked ass yesterday? Dude? Let's go step it up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 1: All right, this has been on here for a while. What color is the record button on your phone? Good bread Man? Bread Yeah, dude, wow, what color is the record button on your phone? I mean red has always been associated with this record from me?
Speaker 12: Congratulations man, Thank you, sir, Hey.
Speaker 1: John Jacob, John Jacob Bailey one pump Chunk Jingleheimer Smith. I didn't think we could make your name any longer, but we did, all right. Well, Jacob, I hope you got something good yesterday? Did we at least give you some good tickets.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I got a I got the Kings of Leon tickets. I'm gonna take my daughter, Shiloh.
Speaker 1: That's right, Oli, she's thrilled to go the whole Sex on Fire thing yesterday. All right, Jacob, we got a say goodbye to you. You did shock the world. Nobody can take that away from you.
Speaker 17: But Steve the bread Man, and congratulations getting that taste of that sweet taste of bread and victory.
Speaker 1: All Right, dude, can you join us on Monday?
Speaker 15: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: I was hoping you'd say, yeah, all right, hang out. We got a victory speech coming from you. Here's Lincoln Park in the end, it's ninety four to five the Buzz, four or five the buzz. Good morning, Rot Ryan Show on this free Beer Friday. Ten percent chance of rain today partly cloudy, no hot, ninety seven, twenty percent chance of rain, white linen night tomorrow again hot in your linen's high ninety eight forty percent chance of afternoon thunderstorms. Ninety four will be the high on Sunday. The Frenshanta Bed Head to head Challenge. Here's your current champion, new champion.
Speaker 18: You're more everybody.
Speaker 14: This is Steeve, a bread Man I am your fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 15: One day champion John.
Speaker 14: You on Monday, I'll be up dark and early and make a win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody. The store, the rod Ryan Show Care Store is on fire. We know we're sitting on a really good ticket here and giving you opportunities to get into the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Every purchase, every donation this morning in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Chili has it on links and guests first link today. Every purchase, no matter how large or small, Every donation, no matter how large or small, get you qualified. Two winners per hour. Two names will be drawn for rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party tickets. Oh I think we got some Monster Jam stuff for you here.
Speaker 4: Stop funk back to the day. We make you look smart.
Speaker 1: And body ere bodys. It's the fun back to the day. Yeah, we'll talk Monster Jam minute on the flashback. But some new fun facts for you today. We just talked about Katie Ldeci. You used her in the freshout of Bad Heads to head the goat of swimming Michael Phelps, I mean, come on, he doesn't just hold a ton of swimming world records. He has a golf record. Do you know this, Alex, that he has a golf record. I did not know that he held the world record for the longest televised golf putt. Michael Phelps nailed a one and fifty nine foot putt for eagle on live TV during a celebrity tournament in twenty twelve. He had the record for ten years. I think Ian Poulter edged him out. He nailed one hundred and sixty two foot putt, So a televised putt. Michael Phelps wasn't even a pro golfer that held that record. Amazing boxers and their managers. They didn't originally throw a towel into the ring to when they were giving up in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. They throw that nasty, wet sponge into the ring.
Speaker 19: That is.
Speaker 1: So if somebody you know says throwing the sponge, they they know their boxing history. Okay, most of us will be throwing in the tonnel moving forward. Does everybody know that Chuck Norris Chuck is not short for Charlie or Charles. Does everybody know this? Think so you don't know this?
Speaker 4: I didn't. I just thought it was Chuck.
Speaker 1: It's short for Carlos.
Speaker 4: Ah, that's neat, no clue.
Speaker 1: Carlos Norris is the man's name. It's the fuck that's of the day we make you look smart in your body. It's the fuck that's to the day. You know who Carlos the Spanish version of Charles must be well, Carlos Estevez. You know who that is? Who's Carlos Estevez? No, Amelia is Amelio's name, Amelia's brother Charlie Sheen. Charlie Sheen is Carlos Estevez.
Speaker 4: Makes sense?
Speaker 20: Wild?
Speaker 1: Okay? Talk about what you're giving away?
Speaker 4: Four pack of the tickets?
Speaker 3: Would Pit pass this to Monster Jam going down NRG October nineteenth. We have a blog page for Monster Jam to tell you, like the code and stuff. You could take advantage of a special presale happening August first through the fifth.
Speaker 4: Get the code there on the blog page. But someone can win a four pack right now. It's your fun.
Speaker 1: This movie is ninety two minutes long. The star of the movie is only on screen for seventeen minutes and thirty seconds. You know it would be a good guess. Jaws the Shark's the star. Sure you don't see it for the movie's half over before you see the damn Shark. So Jaws is not the answer. The main character is only on screen for seventeen minutes and thirty seconds. What's the movie? Seven to one, three, two, two, five, nine four five. Now time for rockout with your stock Out with Captain Cash little known. In fact, it's not Hell, It's Carlos Cash, but he is his stage ye his stage name is that I know is Hell Captain Cash, but it's Carlos Cash for real by Carlos Yep, brother Rob ooh ooh, How do you do on? How do we do? On Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 16: This was an ugly day on Wall Street. The Dow is down four hundred and ninety four points. Kick off this morning at forty thousand, three forty seven NASDAC down four hundred and five to seventeen thousand, one ninety four Bench Martiniar Treasury. It's down to a three point ninety three percent in oil census seventy six dollars forty one cents a barrel to the Most active is the Big Studs Procter and Gamble, Coca Cola and Jane Jay, the Big Duds, Boeing, Intel and Chevron on the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the US employment report for July right now, Futures not looking good on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: That's it another ear.
Speaker 16: This is Hallem managed director with her James ported for the rod Line Show from Raymon, Jim, John Saint Flute and Augusta and don't for get.
Speaker 1: Thways rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 10: Opinions expressed those of all land and not necessarily those are Raymon, James Associates, Income Ever, NYC, as, IBC, I ART Radio or AT sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmns. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security.
Speaker 8: Refer to your end.
Speaker 10: This program is are educational and informational services only. This doesn't do It's based on movement as reported by YAH The Finance ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Buzz. Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show, Sure, good morning, who we got here? Dane, Dane, Welcome to the show. This movie is ninety two minutes long. The star of the movie on screen for seventeen minutes and thirty seconds. What's the movie? A movie is Beetlejuice? Yet it don't say it three times? You know what will happen? Tessa Hook, come up, je.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you a four pack of tickets would pit passes.
Speaker 4: To Monster Jam? Congratulations?
Speaker 2: Yes, nice.
Speaker 1: Dane, have a verry weekend, like sir. I love you guys in homeroom. I can't believe how you're crushing it in the rod Ryan Show care Store this morning. I love every one of you.
Speaker 8: I mean it.
Speaker 1: Ninety four and five to miss Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Blake one eighty two, and all the small things.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: I just did a quick count one and thirty six either orders or donations so far in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Those one hundred and thirty six people are now qualified for some tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. That's how it works. Every hour, I'm going to pull two names, and I'm going to give you a pair of tickets to the twentieth anniversary party. No matter how large you're small, your donation or purchase is this morning that gets you qualified to win some tickets. You're still winning your way in so I think it's legal. I think what I'm doing is okay. I don't know. I haven't been shut down yet. How could you shut this down? It's unbelievable. It's my this is my Doug Flutie, Boston College. Hail Mary. Tomorrow's when we pass out the backpack, and I'm just trying to get every penny i can out of you. So thank you so much. Your generosity is absolutely I'm speechless. Well, I can't be spechless. I still got three more hours ago tem per cent chancell Ring Party Claude Hip ninety seven Today Tessa with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, the plane carrying the Americans who were just released from a Russia prison landed in the United States. Evan Gershkovich and Paul Wheeland are among those who arrived at Duinitt Bass Andrews in Maryland last night, and then I believe they went to Lachlan and San Antonio. But they are among the sixteen people released from Russian detention centers after a negotiated prisoner swap. So that was the big international story yesterday, But another huge national story for US was the fact that Vice President Kamala Harris was among the speakers at the funeral for longtime Congressman Shila Jackson Lee, which happened yesterday in Houston. It was actually a celebration of life. Kamala delivered the eulogy in the service at Fallbrook Church at Northwest Houston. But you had former President Bill Clinton, former Secretary of Hillary Clinton also remembering.
Speaker 4: Jackson Lee in the services.
Speaker 3: You had Stevie Wonder playing the piano, and Revernel Sharpen, among other political figures, were in attendance here in Houston yesterday. Okay, so those are kind of the big headlines. But there's also a headline we got to talk about as far as Olympic boxing ghosts. There's an Italian women's boxer that gave up in forty six seconds in a fight with her Algerian opponent who was actually disqualified from a tournament last year for failing gender eligibility tests. So this fight, this match, this whole thing has ignited a huge controversy. The Italian Angela Corani. She stopped fighting, she said this is unjust. She took off her head gear, threw it on the match. She refused to shake the Algerian opponent's hand.
Speaker 4: Khalif. I believe Imane.
Speaker 3: Khalif, She later told reporters, I've never taken a punch like that.
Speaker 4: It's impossible to continue.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about it because a lot of people are saying this is a transgender athlete.
Speaker 4: Well, after like further review of.
Speaker 3: The play, the International Olympic Committee, they're defending their choice to let them compete, saying that Khalif is legally female and she's not a transgender athlete.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: She has taken eligibility tests and there have.
Speaker 20: Been like.
Speaker 3: X y chromosomes present. So it's really really like a fine line that we're learning. Because you had everyone's tweeting about this yesterday, Jake car Rowling, Jake Paul Elon Musk, every of than.
Speaker 6: That boycott at the Olympics after Friday.
Speaker 1: By the way, yeah, well none of us are scientists here, so I think everybody is. They're weighing in on this thing way before they know everything, and now that we know everything, we don't know anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was born with something called swire sindem syndrome, which gives you x y chromosomes. Does not make you male, but gives you an elevated level of testosterone.
Speaker 3: It is a typically male Trait is an x Y chromosome. But maybe that thing, you know, because we all start as females in the womb, right, we all start there, and then you get the x y co and that's supposed to give you the mail parts, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But she never got the mail parts.
Speaker 3: So but is she getting you know, there are a lot of women that maybe have more test sauscerone than others, right, but is this in combative sports? Is this something that's an unfair advantage? And I mean the conversation will continue online, trust me, if you need any more. We have a blog page on it and it has so much information, information information. Universal Pictures is snagging up the rights to Britney spears as New York Times number one bestseller The Woman in Me. Also the director of Wicked, John m Chwo, is on board to direct this bio. Pic Chu has also worked on the concert movie Justin Bieber, Never Say Never, Step Up to the Streets and in the Heights, the Pop Superstars book. Britney's book was published in October of last year, and it sold over two and a half million copies.
Speaker 4: In the US Crossroad biopic. Now that was early life. That was early life. Maybe they'll include that.
Speaker 3: And just just so you know, kind of related note justin tim relates to U I ring is today new music from The Smashing Pumpkins and Jack White. This is their thirteenth album, the Smashing Pumpkins.
Speaker 4: It's Jack white sixth album. But we're gonna have a gory mory may.
Speaker 3: Is that how you say their new song Smashing Pumpkins new songs?
Speaker 1: No, I think what you're doing. That's the name of the album.
Speaker 6: Sighami.
Speaker 1: Sighami is the name of the song, Sigamy. We're gonna play it at seventeen.
Speaker 6: It's easier to say next hour.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, those reasons.
Speaker 1: Only seven twenty Yeah, okay, what do you gotten? Well?
Speaker 5: The Texans kicked out the preseason against the Bears last night in the NFL's Hall of Fame Game. Bears beat the Texans twenty one to seventeen, but the game of game is ended early because of whether They stopped it with three thirty one left in the third quarter after a thirty six minute weather delay. They were just like, hey, guys, it's preseason let's not waste their time here. Texas are gonna play their next preseason game a week from today when they take on the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Astros are back in action tonight. They'll open up a weekend series with the Rays at Minute Made Park. You say, Kakuchi's gonna be making his first start for the Astros since getting traded over here. He's gonna going up against Tampa Bay's Shane Baz first pitches at seven to ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the Olympics, Team USA added seven more medals yesterday in Paris, four of them being gold. Some notable highlights from the day. It's mobiles one golden, women's gymnastics all around and Sunny Lee got bronze. Kate Douglas and Reagan Smith won golds and women's swimming, and we also got golds and men's rowing and women's team fencing.
Speaker 6: The US still has the most total medals with thirty eight.
Speaker 5: We have now the second most gold medals with nine, just behind China who has twelve.
Speaker 6: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 21: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six AM.
Speaker 8: The Buzz right come on.
Speaker 22: Froday.
Speaker 7: He got Freday, he got free Bam Broday.
Speaker 1: He got a free Bam Baday, free.
Speaker 23: Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: Daydayday.
Speaker 1: Thanks mom, Bones' where my mom pomps up on in the middle of that Good Morning Rob Ryan Show? Hello, fine up, Hello, b up, Hello, b up? Hello Rocky Here I can hear you's up? Brother Rod?
Speaker 2: Stop up?
Speaker 1: Stop?
Speaker 4: What's up? Though he's not telling U?
Speaker 1: Hella, good morning? What's your name? Matt? Your collar ten? That's what's up? Sorry? Oh all right, my mom's out of control. Congratulations you're the beer winner for the seven o'clock beers. Dude. Congratulations, they've got a case of beer for you from the fact small man got a where are you from?
Speaker 2: Matt Magnolia?
Speaker 1: All right, my man, have a great weekend. Okay, I appreciate brother, I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: I'm never gonna know what's up the Magnolia?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 22: Whoa?
Speaker 1: I mean? It's such a good mood right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because this Friday is what's up?
Speaker 1: What really are I've been such a good mood. I'm glad you asked, because number one, this is what I love about radio. You and your little TV thing over there all scripted and whatnot? Radio is fly by the seat of your pants. Okay, fly by the seat of your mother loving pants. And that's exactly what I'm doing today. Okay, you don't know me. Okay, I'm out there on the tight wire. There's no net below me. In my head, I'm like, I gotta get more money. I need more money for these backpacks. What is the what's the one thing that we have that everybody wants? Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary passes. Okay, the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party going down at the Carbock Brewery. We got a bunch of people. I gotta get a bunch of people in the way. I gotta put two thousand people in there to party with U in October, October thirteenth, No, October twelfth, Carback Brewery. I know you guys want these tickets. I know how great this show is going to be. I cannot wait. I want to party with all of you, But I also need money because we're giving away backpacks tomorrow. Rod Ryan Show Cares online store. What can I do here? Is it legal? I don't know. Do I ask permission? Certainly not. M I am stating this morning and it's on. It's on right now. I mean the toothpaste is out of the tube. Every purchase and or donation today will qualify you for a pair of passes to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. Every hour, I'm going to give away two pair of tickets as I randomly select. It doesn't matter when you made your purchase or donation six o'clock hour. If you, let's say you went into the store at six twenty this morning and I do the drawing at the end of the show, you're still in it. Okay, you're in it. I just want to lay some quick numbers on you. And this is what's putting me in such a good mood. I don't know anything about like how much money we've raised. I know AJ started the morning off with a thousand dollars donation this morning. It freaked me out. I thanked him, he donated. Him and his wife donated one thousand. Last year. They just bought backpacks for people for kids, for the kids that need it. On Wednesday, our match day with Joe Myers Toyota, we raised. We raised, meaning you guys spent fifteen six hundred and thirty eight dollars. I needed you to spend five. You spent fifteen. That was on two hundred and twenty orders on the day. In the six o'clock hour, we had over one hundred and fifty either orders or donations. I don't know what the money is. I just know that it's awesome. We did one hundred and fifty. We did two twenty the whole day on Wednesday. That's what we have for you. It's those damn twentieth anniversary party tickets. Congratulations, first two winners of tickets with her twenty dollars donation, Erica Phillips is in Edica, Erica Phillips. I don't care how large or small your donation is. Of course I want it to be large, but it doesn't play in. It doesn't weigh into winning these tickets. Ricardo Choppa twenty seven dollars. He just scored tickets to the Rod Ryan Show. Nice twentieth anniversary party. She dropped a backpack, he made a purchase of a shirt. I believe that's it. Those are our first two winners. I'm gonna pull winners from this hour. I'm gonna pull seven o'clock winners. Eight o'clock winners and nine o'clock winners. So that's how it works. Today, Rod Ryan showed cares online. Stort's the number one link today. We will randomly select two of you every hour to win twentieth anniversary party tickets. So great. Obviously we're raising money. The money is going towards the backpacks that we're passing out tomorrow, backpacks full of school supplies for local kids that need it. Okay, okay, now you know everything. All right, we got to do some things. Hey, why don't we do this? Well, come back. You got that new Smashing Pumpkins. Yeah, the first note I heard of it was while she was talking. I didn't know it was rocking with that. I had no idea. I heard that little clip of you in the Houston headlines freaking out. Now I can't wait to hear it. We're going to play you the world premiere the new Smashing Pumpkins song, and then I want to take calls. I want your thoughts on it, and then I'll give away twentieth Anniversary party tickets this hour. That's all coming up.
Speaker 21: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show or five the Bus. Good Morning rod Ryan's Show Free Beer Friday. Yep, I already gave away a case of beer. Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets. Well, a couple of ways to win, but I'm going to give away some on the air. But I want to get into the Smashing Pumpkin things coming up. So we got a world premiere this new Smashing Pumpkins song. We'll get into that right now. Tessa wants to tell us what's trending.
Speaker 3: Well, I think everyone should know right now if you're just started listening that the Rod Ryan Show cares is open for business, and if you go in and make a donation or a purchase large or.
Speaker 4: Small, you'll be put in a drawing to win some twentieth anniversary passes at car Rock Breweries.
Speaker 1: I just heard from Erica, she was one of our first winners. She's like, yay, I thank you so much. I cannot wait to go to this party homeroom for the win. Thank you. She's really really excited. So yeah, our first two winners have already been drawn. Doesn't matter how big or little your donation or purchase is, doesn't matter what time you make the purchase. Two people drawn every hour to win rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. We're at two hundred plus orders. We did two twenty the whole Wednesday morning. Wow, we're over two hundred orders and donations.
Speaker 4: This is what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Like, so you can get in there and make a purchase, pie a shirt or drop a backpack. You're going to be put into the drawing to win a pair of passes to a show that you can't buy your way into. You have to win your way into. Okay, luck with that, everyone, Good luck with that, because I know you guys want to win those. Also, the Biden administration proposed new rules forbidding airlines from charging parents to sit beside their.
Speaker 4: Kids, which it says it could save a family of four up to two hundred per round trip. This isn't something you have to deal with on Southwest, hunh you.
Speaker 2: Can kind of.
Speaker 4: I mean, you get in there.
Speaker 3: You can usually always sit with London because you're a group, right Yeah. So I don't know, I don't know how people feel about this. I think you should always be able to sit with your kids. I didn't know that you were charged to do that with some airlines.
Speaker 1: But that's going away with Southwest. I don't know when the open seating is going away, so they just haven't I haven't seen a date on that yet.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, there are whispers that Tom Cruise will be a part of the closing ceremony of the Paris Olympics.
Speaker 4: This is part of our Olympic blog page.
Speaker 3: Rumors are crews will pull a Mission Impossible type style stunt where he will repel from the top of the stadium in France there carry the Olympic flag. Part of his segment was actually prerecorded in la back in March. And we'll see, we'll see just how involved Tom Cruise is in the closing ceremonies for the Olympics. That's what's trending on ninety four five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz Agra Maury may Aura. It's the name of the of the new Smashing Pumpkins album that is available today. We have the first single from Big Baldy right here. We're going to take a listen to it, and then I'm gonna open up the phone lines and I'd like to hear from you. Tell me what you think of this brand new one from the Smashing Pumpkins as we world premiere it.
Speaker 25: Okay, it's William Patrick Cargan and the Smashing Pumpkins. Check out our new song site Omi. This is the iHeart World premiere right now.
Speaker 1: I'm ninety four five The Buzz, ninety four to five The Buzz. That's brand new music from the Smashing Pumpkins. Good morning, everybody. Would you put that Billy William Corgan thing in there the intro? Oh yeah, can you can you grab that? Because he says the name of the song and I'm going to mispronounce it. I had to go look up the name of the album. So Smashing Pumpkins have a brand new album out today, and then let's let William tell us the name of that song.
Speaker 25: Hey, it's William Patrick Corgan and the Smashing Pumpkins. Check out our new song Sitomi. This is the iHeart World premiere right now, A ninety four to five The Buzz. Houston's rock and alternative Siom, Siomi.
Speaker 1: Thank you, William? Okay, oh wait go ahead.
Speaker 3: I think it sounds like the Smashing Pumpkins of you know, earlier days, nineties.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a rocker.
Speaker 1: Thought it was good, Alex.
Speaker 6: Can you hear that song mayonnaise?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: This sounds like that been like more of a rocker version of it. Like they were like, let's ramp it up, because Manna's was more of a slower version.
Speaker 1: It sure was.
Speaker 6: It was like ramped it up. I loved it. The name was my least favorite part about it, just because it's hard to pronounce. Ya fine song rocks.
Speaker 1: I flip and love it.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I lost on this station regularly.
Speaker 1: This is the first time that I'm hearing it. That little clip that you played during Houston's headlines, I was like, you're so looking forward to it. After I heard that crunchy guitar. I was waiting for Billy Corgan is really good at dynamics. I was waiting for some maybe mayonnaise section of the song or whatever, and he didn't. He just boom boom, boom boom. It was melting your face off from start to finish. They never let off. They hit the gas pedal from the opening riff and they never let up. And I like that. You're in the left lane, the little skinny pedal on the right, hit it and go. And that's what this new Smashing Pumpkin song did for me. Glamour, good morning, good morning, Hey, we heard from you yesterday. What did you think of this new Pumpkin song?
Speaker 26: I liked it.
Speaker 13: It was definitely Smashing Pumpkins.
Speaker 20: It stayed pretty mellow the higher way. I was kind of waiting for it to like hype up a little bit, but overall it was really good.
Speaker 1: I liked it. Did you say you thought it was mellow all the way through? Yeah? I thought it like stayed at the same damp groove like groovy, yeah, I yeah, okay, thank you Glamour. Glamour played uh suburb Summer Sisler yesterday front Daniel, good morning, Ymashing Pumpkins Baby, well done, man, well done?
Speaker 23: Is that their rotation playlist?
Speaker 13: Stapleton?
Speaker 12: Don't put that on the suburb Summer Stiler Man, You're not gonna get that title.
Speaker 1: Right, No, nobody's gonna wait a minute. So you want us to play less Chris Stapleton as to the zero that we play?
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: You know where we don't play Chris Stapleton on this. I tried but it didn't work, all right, Thank you? Well done on the commerci from Carlos, good morning Ryan, Yes, sir, new Smashing Pumpkins. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 15: One word one word only, brother Banger Banger Banger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. I love it too, Carlos, I love it. This isn't carl Norris, Is it is that Carlos Norris? We had a Chuck Norris fun fact this morning. Thank you, Carlos. I love, love, love the new Pumpkins song. You're gonna hear it again at ten o'clock with Jeremy. You're gonna hear it every two hours today as we are doing the world premiere. If you want more information about the album, it's out today. It is on the music blog page. Banger Carlos and Rod Banger. I agree. I've got Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets for you right now. I'll take Caller ten seven one three two one two five nine four five. You're right, this is the party that everyone wants to get into. Caller ten is in seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's free Friday Friday, the Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 13: The buzz.
Speaker 1: Then then then then.
Speaker 2: Then walk, then then then they walk, and then then.
Speaker 27: Then then and then bunk it up, bucking in and let me again, then came in the wind out of me.
Speaker 24: That's a saying I won't tell my socle.
Speaker 1: Poking a back on.
Speaker 24: Try later running out a whole coat, don't get up and stand o hold your hands up. Then they got the play lance, jump up us the feeling moss some someone talking, don't tell us something the eye and then I'll think the punks.
Speaker 28: Out feeling, don't get hands and us something.
Speaker 24: I got more counting that's not got a drunk in colors, show the fuck up.
Speaker 1: And the kids on my head, put my mom and my arms.
Speaker 4: Then I came, took it round.
Speaker 26: I came took it down.
Speaker 17: This ok.
Speaker 1: Come to see jump around and jump.
Speaker 26: Around and then jump around and then jump around and then jump jump up.
Speaker 1: They get down to tell.
Speaker 28: Jump tell WoT tu, tell t tell tup, tell t t woot tu, tell t tup.
Speaker 1: The sun gass like tim making up thing.
Speaker 26: The girl steps up. The sacking a hot didn't work to your moms.
Speaker 1: I came to drop pondy.
Speaker 27: I got more moms and your father's got ms even just the bottoms on my return and do anyone step but that me. You'll the birding because I got married, but you ain't a got nine in it from your bottom.
Speaker 1: Playing the shot gun what you don't then a podcast.
Speaker 26: I don't tell the death of time.
Speaker 27: I step tell, let's get taken off tim.
Speaker 1: I got to say, come get your pailp because when I street, I guess my strader killed it.
Speaker 28: I can't knock it down.
Speaker 26: I can't knock it down. This will get up your feet and jump around, jump around the jomb around the joomp around, jump, jump.
Speaker 1: Up and get down.
Speaker 28: Tell tup, tell jump to tell, tell jump till pot up, tell chop chop woo tup, tell me tup up.
Speaker 2: Didn't want you, then didn't watch you, then didn't want it.
Speaker 27: I'm the cream of the crop, all right to the top. I never en touphick because the pig is a cop.
Speaker 1: My betty yet a terminator. I'm not gonna fs acme trying to play.
Speaker 27: Me up like this the money and what's that going?
Speaker 26: But I ain't going out like no.
Speaker 1: Park bas shoot you from once that at her when I must switch to hop, I'm.
Speaker 27: Going around you and get out. But I cant head and then you wake up in the morning the day I'm coming.
Speaker 1: To get shall. I'm coming to get shall sticking up the home me.
Speaker 29: I watch you.
Speaker 24: I can't nick it down.
Speaker 1: I can't nick it down this the top you sitting jump around? Chump brown.
Speaker 13: Chom burrow.
Speaker 26: To borrow the jump.
Speaker 1: Bought up, I get down.
Speaker 28: Chop chop chop up, Tell up, chump, what chup?
Speaker 24: Tell chup?
Speaker 1: Chump, Watch up to chop chop, watch up? Tell me to what up? Till top to watch up? You gotta be kidding me, Daddy pour five the buzz? Who's having more fun on the radio than the rod Ryan Show?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: What are these other morning shows even doing? What are they doing?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Are they just bitching about? What are you doing? On these other radio shows?
Speaker 4: They're just like not doing this.
Speaker 1: Pumpkins into that. I almost started doing burpies. I'm so excited. That is one of my newest That is my favorite newest tradition here. Somehow that became the official, unofficial, official, unofficial Friday song of The rod Ryan Show. House of Pain jump Around, and then that new just banging Smashing Pumpkins song before that, Chili's got a link up to the Smashing Pumpkins song. I imagine they put out some sort of a lyric video or something. We can put that up to make sure you check out the music blog page. But Jeremy will have the new you Smashing Pumpkins song for You're right off the top. Right when we're on here, we give away the last two pair of tickets to our generous listeners that have visited us in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Will turn you loose to Jeremy and then boom, he's going to bang that right out of it, right out of this show. Ten percent chance of rain partly Claude today him ninety seven, twenty percent chance of rain for your Saturday white linen night if you're heading on to that in the heights. It's a big one. And then forty percent chance of after doing thunderstorms type ninety four on Sunday. So the rod Ryan Show celebrating twenty years here in the great city of Houston. Thank you for that. This party is for you, guys. Alex was talking about I mean, he's got a long way to go with the baby before little l turns one. I don't know, he said something just just a random car was like a I even have like a you know these people that have these one year old birthday parties. I think somebody asked us about a smash cake. Yeah, and uh and I said, the one on your old birthday party. Of course, the kid doesn't know what's going on. The party is for the parents. You've kept a kid alive for a year. The party, the party is for you, the celebration. I look at the rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party, and it's from you that kept the show on the air for twenty years. It's we couldn't do it without you and kill us. That's why. Yeah, you could have killed us. You could have left us. You could have gone listened to, given away the phony roses or something else. You could have done all of that, but you didn't. You stayed with us for twenty years. You kept this show on top. I love everyone before it and that we're going to celebrate. It's not a celebration of me. Sure, that's the name of the show. It's for you guys to come and party with us. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Come on, Hello, Hello, Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 8: This is Josh?
Speaker 1: What do you want? What do I want? You want some twentieth anniversary party tickets?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 15: Your got going?
Speaker 8: The right?
Speaker 16: Is this?
Speaker 8: Josh?
Speaker 1: This is one of our million Joshes. Dude, I'm the best through are you the best one.
Speaker 6: Okay, I want you all to here.
Speaker 1: They come all right, Here's what I got for you best Josh. October twelfth, Carbock Brewery, The rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party acoustic performances from Shine Down, Sublime Blue October They of a Dead Man and the Exies. You can oh my god, you cannot buy tickets for this, Okay, you can ask God all you want. You just got to win them from us. Okay, here on ninety four to five the buzz the rest of the shows too. On here on the Buzz. I have been giving away tickets all week too. I've heard from everybody like, hey, rod oh my god, Jeremy gave me tickets. Or Caro Lee. I won with Caro Lee the other day. It's fun. It's fun that everybody's in on it. Everyone's excited about it. Josh, you're the You're into the party. Okay, thank yeah, man, thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Ry.
Speaker 1: I love you guys, thank you, Josh. I love you man, and I mean it when I say it.
Speaker 26: So.
Speaker 1: The other way that you can get in today is by going into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. We already pulled two names. We're gonna pull two more names at seven o'clock. No, I'm sorry, at eight o'clock. Every hour, we're pulling two names today that make some sort of a donation or a purchase in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Tomorrow we pass out backpacks. I found myself just a little short over two hundred orders or donations this morning. This came in at seven at seven twenty eight, two hundred and sixteen orders or donations. On Wednesday when we did Match Day, it was two hundred and twenty orders. The day, on the whole four hours, we did two hundred and twenty orders, not even the halfway point of the show. Yeah, not even the halfway point of the show, and we have almost that right now. That's that's what That's how people want to get it now, that's how people want to give. They want to help, they want to support the rod Ryan Show Cares Foundation. They want to help out these kids that don't have the money for the backpacks and the parents that can't do it. I know that your your heart's in a good place, but I also know dangling that carrot that twentieth anniversary party tickets, I get it why you're getting in there as much as you are today. So thank you, thank you, thank you. It's it's an awesome thing. I'm glad we're able to pull this off, and I'm glad nobody has shut me down yet. Thank you for that wizard for not shutting this down. All right, we got to take a break. Rod Ryan Show cares store number one link on links and guests.
Speaker 20: Houston's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 8: The Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show. I think today or it's around this time, but I believe today maybe was the first one. It's the ten year anniversary of the Ice Bucket Challenge for als, and they're working on something where they're trying to bring it back for a ten year anniversary. They raised so much money. The reason I thought about it is because thirty seconds to Mars Jared Leto, I called him out on my ice Bucket Challenge and he did it at the Woodlands Pavilion. And I've told the story before and after I called him out, we were pretty early on that. Lindsay Lohan called him out on the Tonight Show and I'm like, oh, I'm done, Like he's gonna go with Lindsay over me for sure. Jared called up and he said, I go, dude, Lindsay called you, right. He goes, yeah, but you called me out first. I'm gonna do it. I'll do it when I come to town. And he poured the bucket of ice over his head. So that was pretty amazing. It's definitely a lasting memory forever. So yeah. Ten year anniversary of the ice bucket challenge. Geez, you guys are killing it in the rod Ryan Show. Caer Storbig Randomly select two of you before the hours up and we'll announce it shortly after eight. Who are the next two winners of rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party tickets? All you got to do is either donate any amount large or small. Donate purchase either one today and you're in the drawing for two pair of tickets each hour for the twenty anniversary show. Ten percent chance of rain today ninety seven, same thing for tomorrow. Sunday goes up to a forty percent chance of afternoon thunderstorms. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Songsswoman Sheila Jackson Lee was honored in her final celebration of life yesterday. Vice President Kamala Harris delivered a eulogi in a service at Balbrook Church in northwest Houston. Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also remember Jackson Lee in the services, along along with Congressman Hackeen Jeffries and Reverend Al Sharpton. Stevie Wonder also played a piano tribute to her. Also going down here in Texas. Houston has announced no ideas as the new head as a new HPD chief today and there will be a news conference at city Hall at eleven am to introduce him. Mayor John Whitmyer announced that he appointed no ideas to the position. Diaz has been the chief of Police and Katie for just over five years. He was previously a Texas Ranger and a correctional officer with the Texas Apartment of Criminal Justice. So Diaz replaces Troy Finner, who stepped down in May. Also, the Santa Fe School shooting lawsuit trial continues in Galveston County. That has been really tough on the families of the eight students and two teachers killed in that twenty eighteen shooting.
Speaker 4: So that is another thing to kind of monitor here locally.
Speaker 3: Okay, during the last song, we were just talking about all our favorite Olympic moments, and there's another blog page dedicated to the latest viral moments from the Olympics.
Speaker 4: We know that Simone Biles won her six gold medal yesterday, but.
Speaker 3: Did you know there's like a pin collecting thing going on at the Olympics. It's pretty cool there.
Speaker 1: See I'm exchanging something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're all trading these little buttons, you know, like something you would pin on your suit or something you usually would have one are collecting them. Uh the rugby phenomenon. Who Ron introduced us to Alona a Lona Yeah, she said that Simone Biles has her.
Speaker 5: Own pin, Like well, then she got her mom went out and made her own Ilana pens.
Speaker 6: So then her and Simona is a big they exchanged. She gave her her a Lona pen and someone was like cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So also though, if you go to the blog page, you will see Snoop Dogg's legendary. He's it's Snoop Dogg in Paris blowing rings, smoke rings, but they're Olympic.
Speaker 6: Smoker promoting drug use.
Speaker 1: Said them, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know if it's illegal over there. Yeah, I don't know the international laws on that very I'll tweet it out to you guys. Oh no, it's on the blog page. You can, guys can go look at it, okay. In the upcoming Captain America movie Brave New World, Harrison Ford plays General Thunderbolt Ross, but the character the character ultimately turns into Red Hulk, which means Harrison Ford had to do motion capture work, and at Comic Con a reporter asked him what it took to get to do that.
Speaker 4: He said, it took not caring. It took being an idiot.
Speaker 3: For money, which I've done before. He's like, look, I don't mean to disparage it, but overall, it was fun.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed it. I had a great time.
Speaker 1: It's weird when these high level actors, which Harrison Ford is, they try to downplay like, yeah, i know it's a dopey superhero movie, but I'm not above it. But I'm still gonna make fun of it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I'm still a serious actor, of course, because they're just taking so much money. Of course, motion capture, like that's when they're in the green screen and they're doing all that silly stuff.
Speaker 4: So the man in black is going to Washington, d C. It was just made official that the.
Speaker 3: Statue of Johnny Cash will be added to the National Statuary Hall Collection. This is a collection that features two statues from every state which highlights their most notable residents. Since Johnny was born in Arkansas, he'll be honored for that state. Hey, Arkansas Clinton, That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Maybe Sarah Huckabee.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 4: I'll I'll give that a goog. I don't believe so, but that. Yeah, this is are Houston headlines, all right?
Speaker 6: What you got be Bill with a saxophone to be sick.
Speaker 1: I don't think presidents are in that area. I think it's for other prominent, nonimal presidential people. There as a musician, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Texans kicked out the preseason against the Bears last night in the NFL's Hall of Fame Game. Bears beat the Texans twenty one to seventeen. But the game was I saw on ESPN they called it terminated early. The game was ended early because of weather. They stopped it with three thirty one left in the third after a thirty six minute weather delay. Texans are gonna play their next preseason game a week from today when they take on the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Although Texans Ben's Scornik made a pretty insane one ended catch in the rain if you want to go check that out on the sports blog page today. In baseball, Astros are back in action tonight. They're going to open up a weekend series with the Raids at Minute Made Park. You say, Kakuchi will be on the mound for the strows for his first time since getting traded from Toronto. He's gonna be going up against Tampa Bay's Shane Baz first pitches at seventeen. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety also.
Speaker 1: On the sports blog page today.
Speaker 5: Have you seen the video of this alleged twelve year old kid, He just hits the ball to the damn moon.
Speaker 6: It's like a little league baseball game. Test to just watched this ball. Watch this ball.
Speaker 5: It's it's a view from the outfield of a little league field and the ball is just gone.
Speaker 15: The ball.
Speaker 5: He hit the ball to a literal other planet is there? And I'd like to see a controversy.
Speaker 1: That's what I say. Is there controversy is on the internet. I think there is.
Speaker 5: I don't think in real life. I'm sure that they probably had to submit a birth certificate. But this kid just looks like a monster and it's insane. Go check it out sports blog page today. In the Olympics, tam USA added seven more medals yesterday in Paris, four of them gold. Some notable highlights today Simone Biles one gold, and the women's gymnastics all around it's sooner League getting bronze in that event. Kate Douglas and Reagan Smith won golds in the pool, and we also won golds and men men's rowing and women's team fencing. The US still has the most total medals at thirty eight, and we got the second most gold medals with nine, behind China who has twelve.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 4: Okay, no, we need more gold.
Speaker 3: But also the other statue from Arkansas is Daisy Bates an American.
Speaker 4: All right, tack to it?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, you hit the air brakes on that.
Speaker 20: For your Friday. Not just any Friday, figure Friday. It is for your Fridays.
Speaker 8: In one three, two, one, two, five, nine four.
Speaker 20: Five number calls up that number to get free beer you, and let's call that.
Speaker 8: Number free beer for me freank beer for you, free beer.
Speaker 20: For give me free you give me all the free beer, give me free you give me, give me free beer. You Friday and get some common come and get some for your Friday. Ready for your tongue.
Speaker 7: Time Friday, Friday, Friday, you got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday and.
Speaker 20: Friday and Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Well Hello, who's this.
Speaker 18: Matthew?
Speaker 1: Matthew your color number ten.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you beer.
Speaker 1: Congratulations? All right, where you're from, Matthew? Cord Ring, I'm sorry, Cordlan Wortman Woodlands, Woodlands. Oh I think they'd were a my firm. Yeah, I did say where you're from? What did you answer with the Woodland? Woodlands? I got you. I'll do okay, bro Well listen, Congratulations, you've got the third case of beer. Our friends over at Specs and hooked us up. So congratulations. Awesome, Thank you man, Thank you so much for being a part of the show. I hope you have a great weekend. Matthew, why are you here, dude, dude, big big morning. Oh we're gonna sizzle coming up soon, Alex ten percent chance of ring partly cloudy ninety seven will be the high today, twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy ninety eight Saturday, it's gonna be hot tomorrow, forty percent chance of afternoon thunderstorms. High ninety four on Sunday, so pretty hot weekend. White Linen Night is tomorrow in the Heights AREO. It's a big night the rod Ryan Show Cares Online store. The most Wednesday was our biggest day for sales when we did our match day with Joe Meyers Toyota six hundred and thirty eight dollars and fifty cents if you want to know huge, that's on two hundred and twenty orders. We have over two hundred and fifty people that have either ordered or donated, So in its own right, it's the biggest day ever in the rod Ryan Show Cares Store, not money wise, but the sheer volume of activity and people that are getting involved, more people, And this is what it's all about. And this is what I've said from day one. I don't necessarily need you to spend more money. I just need more people in there spending some money and we can get to our goals. Why are people in the rod Ryan Show Cares Online store today. Well every hour we're giving away a pair of twentieth anniversary party tickets, So you are winners for the seven o'clock hour. Heather book Out, congratulations Heather from Friendswood. Heather book Out ordered a tumbler that's the Stanley ripoff that I'm drinking out of. I love that thing. Now I see why you guys drink out of those stupid Stanleys. I love this cup. We have a twentieth anniversary one so that you can buy. She bought one, she bought a new cap, and she donated a backpack. Good things happen to good people. Jack Canfield from Sealy is the other winner in the seven o'clock hour. Jack ordered two of those brand new cruise shirts. Well done, well done. Everybody has a chance to win Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. No matter how large or small your donation or purchase is today doesn't matter when you did it either. Okay I don't have the times when they made their purchases. I just don't have that. But it doesn't matter if you bought something or donated something. In the six o'clock hour, you're still in the running. You're still in the running for those tickets. All right, my goodness, what a day? Ready, my goodness. Yeah, we're gonna do the suburb Summer Sizzler coming up. This is the chance for you to win money. Okay, show Federal Credit Union. They gave us six thousand dollars to hand over to you. Guys. Brian from a Taska, Sita Brett from Alvin. We will meet them after the break. It's good morning, Rob Ryan's show. Free Beer Friday. Thank you, specs. I've got one case of beer left. Yeah. Of course we're gonna do open Phones Friday today. Yeah, we will continue that everything everything. Suburbs Summer Sizzler coming up. Hot Man today, high of ninety seven. It's gonna feel like well over one hundred degrees today. Only a ten percent chance of rain, twenty percent chance of rain tomorrow, high of ninety eight, forty percent chance of some afternoon thunderstorms on Sunday. Tells it what's trending?
Speaker 3: Okay, So our Fanny Friday has the most clicks. Okay, the feature. I haven't checked if she's AI or not.
Speaker 1: But is that every day?
Speaker 4: Now I have to like double check we guys.
Speaker 3: I went live on TikTok, and I was like, you guys have to submit. Stop submitting these Ai girls. Okay, I've already had enough to hear with the features as it is. Gotta keep the girls real, that's gonna be. That's got we gotta draw the line somewhere, all right, I'm putting you in charge. You are you are our ai I s Ai Detector ai.
Speaker 4: I S Cardi B and Offset are going to have a baby.
Speaker 6: Did you know that?
Speaker 4: Cardi B?
Speaker 1: What's the next line of the story.
Speaker 3: Uh, Carti is also gonna file for a divorce from her baby daddy, so.
Speaker 1: They don't normally hear that with a baby announcement and a divorce announcement in the same announcement.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Carty's been acting weird, like she's been going on lives and stuff, and people are like, man, she's acting really really weird, like she's been forging.
Speaker 4: She's like, oh my god, I forgot what I was gonna I totally forgot what I was gonna say. Maybe pregnancy brain was the reason for that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, But as far as the divorce go, her rep says it's not based on any one particular incident. It's been a long time coming and is amicable. I already talked about the Britney Spears biopic and there are people pretending to be gymnasts in their living room. Tory Spelling says she'll have to go to OnlyFans to send her five kids to college. I'm getting every story I'm telling you right now from the Looking At Girl's blog page, which is doing well.
Speaker 4: Okay, so go check that out. That's what's trending on eighty four to five of the bus.
Speaker 1: Also the rod Ryan show Cares store.
Speaker 4: That's the biggest trend, and I should have led with that.
Speaker 1: We have had three hundred and twenty either orders or donations. Biggest day ever when it comes to the amount of activity in the store, we're over thirteen thousand dollars. That's found money. That's money that wasn't going to happen today. But we're dangling those twentieth anniversary party tickets. We've given away four pair. We're going to give away two pair this hour and two pair in the nine o'clock hour. Any donation, any size, big or small, any purchase big or small, you're qualified And at any time if you made a purchase or a donation, today. You are still in the running for those tickets for the twentieth anniversary party. If you haven't done it yet, get in there, go check it out. Pat Morero said, how many caps do you have left? Sixty? I have sixty ball caps left. I gotta sell them all. I've got to sell those Richardson's ball caps because I gotta pay for them. So whatever I don't pay for or whatever I don't sell, that's just money that's not going towards the backpacks. All right, dad, let's meet our players today. Hey Brett, good morning, Hey, what's up? Brett? Who are you representing today?
Speaker 6: Alvin?
Speaker 1: Alvin? Oh, boy, listen, you lose, im gonna have Nolan Ryan come and kick you in the balls. That's fine, that's fine. So that means you're not gonna lose, okay. Can you imagine if you can just kick half as hard as he throws a ball, you'd be in trouble.
Speaker 29: Dude.
Speaker 1: You don't be walking for a month, all right. Alvin Brett representing a task a Sita is Brian. Hello, Brian, Hey, guys, all right, the most famous person from a task a Seeda it might be you. I'm gonna have them kick you in the balls if you lose. Okay, as a matter of fact, I'm just gonna get Nolan Ryan to kick the loser. I'm just I call it old Nolan Ryan. Right, what do you need?
Speaker 19: Foo?
Speaker 1: Balls?
Speaker 7: You need?
Speaker 1: Kick don I'll go where the old Sharon man Brian from a task a Seda. Have you been practicing?
Speaker 2: Vaguely?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, you're gonna get kicked. Brett. Have you been practiced? Have you been practicing Brett?
Speaker 12: Yeah a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know about either one of these guys. All right, coming up, we're gonna sizzle. We're gonna play you a song. You're gonna have to identify the name of the and the name of the song title. We sizzle in three minutes and thirty seconds. Get your mind right, boys, twenty years of may m in the morning with the Rod Ryan Show. Only ninety four five the buzz ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. That's Eve six is inside out. Well we know that won't be the song sum from Summer Sizzler. Coming up, we got both gentlemen standing by, ready to go. I got a ten percent chance of rain today ninety seven tomorrow even hotter ninety eight with a twenty percent chance of rain for White Linen Night, forty percent chance of afternoon thunderstorms on Sunday Hive ninety four. All right, let's go, let's go. You guys continue to tear it up in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. It's just it's a thing that we've slacked together basically this morning. Everybody that makes a purchase or a donation today is in the running to win rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary tickets. We're given only two pair every hour.
Speaker 8: What what?
Speaker 1: All right, let's meet these guys. Hey, Brett, yep, come on, Brett, you've had time, You've had time to think. Three and a half minutes Brett representing Alvin in the Suburbs Summer Sizzler. You're feeling like you're ready to go.
Speaker 18: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Okay. You know we're asking for the name of the song, in the name of the band, right, yeah, that song title has been a pisser for a few people. Brian and a task Casita about it. I feel good about you right now. Don't make me change my mind. Don't make me change my mind. Okay, you got it, all right? Brian and Brett. Any confusion with the names. Brian, Brett, just enunciate, get in before the other dude. You will have approximately three seconds to give me this song title and band Alex you have the song? Ready? What game is?
Speaker 6: This is Game nine?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it. Can't back out now, Brian? Ready, yes, Brett, ready, yep, here we go. Shout out your name when you think you know the band and the song title, the Black Fellas.
Speaker 12: Brett, that's a welcome to the jungle Johns n' Roses.
Speaker 1: Ye, yeah, dude, that Brett.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me let me just ask. Let me just ask my friends here in the room. Did you think that was gonna go a lot quicker?
Speaker 6: I definitely did.
Speaker 1: I thought it was gonna go a lot quicker.
Speaker 4: Come on, we can only be.
Speaker 12: One Paradise City stuck in my hand. But I knew that wasn't there, got all.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, Brian, Brian, we gotta think.
Speaker 12: Abye, sir, good.
Speaker 6: Look, you have to move, Brian.
Speaker 1: You have to leave a task to see that. Right after Nolan Ryan comes and kicks you in the narks all right, right now, through your your nerd kick, You're out of there, Okay, Brett, I Bert, I thought you both were very slow on that. Yeah, yeah, it doesn't matter. You got it right, dude, don't.
Speaker 12: Listen to my ball blank on the guns and roses, I knew, but for some reason on the.
Speaker 1: Name, yeah, and then the paradise. Okay, okay, all right, good game, Good game, Brett. You live to play another day in the suburb summer Sizzler. Thanks for our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union ponying up six thousand dollars. I believe Monday we're gonna have Deer Park taking on Kingwood.
Speaker 21: They're on Ryan Show on ninety four or five Experience Venture into the Cosmic on Defuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are Bush and come down rod Ryan's Show. Bush ten years ago came in for the Rod Ryan Show ten year Anniversary program or ten year anniversary party, and looky here we're at the twentieth anniversary. Now we've got acoustic performances from Shine Doown, Sublime, Blue, October, Theory of the Dead Man, the X's. There is no on sale, No tickets are being sold. You have to win your way in. Everybody on the station has given away tickets today. They've all assured me that later on today you'll get a chance to win tickets. We gave away tickets on the air, and of course we're giving away eight pair of tickets this morning. Everyone that goes into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store today makes any kind of a donation, any kind of a purchase. Okay, you're qualified to win. We'll have two winners this hour. We'll have two winners in the nine o'clock hour, and then we'll call it a weekend. All right, Now, a heat advisory today and tomorrow. That's how hot it's going to be. True temperatures today of ninety seven, tomorrow ninety eight. And then we've got a chance of some afternoon thunderstorms on Sunday, about a forty percent chance. Yeah. The ice bucket challenge. I had mentioned that earlier. It turns ten years old this month. August of twenty fourteen is when we were pouring buckets of water over our heads, or having them poured over our heads. Raised two hundred and twenty million dollars since to help find a cure for ALS. That's what Steve Gleeson has. He's probably the most famous ALS afflicted person right now. The guy that started it. He lost his battle in twenty nineteen, his family is relaunching the challenge in full force, so it'll be interesting to see what they do. We're very early into early the second day of August, right, So they did have some sort of an event at Fenway Park in Boston yesterday.
Speaker 20: Nice.
Speaker 1: I'm all for it. I thought it was fun. I thought it was a cool thing. I thought it was very unique at the time to do something to bring awareness and to raise money. I just thought we had never seen something like this before. There had been challenges, remember planking and owling, and there were those things. But to do something this silly for charity and for money, I thought it was really cool. So keep your eye on that. We will do the same if that resurfaces. On Three Things You Must See Today, i have a kitten born with four ears. I've been so busy with this charity. Thought, I'm like, Rob, you have a million of the things that you brought in to talk about today. Yeah, he's got two normal ears and another set of smaller ones inside those ears. Four ears. They said, he's simply irresistible. Come on, who's their comedy writers. We should get them to work on this show. That's on Three Things You must see on the food blog page today, A deep dive on why asparagus makes your peacemel weird. Ah. I got that for you today, And to be honest with you, I mean in August that the Summer Olympics are gonna run through the eleventh. I didn't do this bit yesterday on August first, So August second. Summer Olympics run through the eleventh. Little League World Series starts on the fourteenth. NFL preseason started last night Texans, but the game was canceled, perfectly terminated.
Speaker 5: They called it okay, brain delay and they had a thirty minute delay. Like, look, guys, this doesn't mean anything good. Let's call it quick.
Speaker 1: College football starts on the twenty fourth. US Open begins on the twenty sixth. Hmm, Lord of the Rings, Ring of Power Season two hits prime on August twenty nine. Is that a big deal?
Speaker 13: Is that a big deal?
Speaker 4: Not perms anyone on this show.
Speaker 1: I don't think only okay, somebody on this show mentioned m Night Shamalama ding Dong's new movie Trap That's Me, that opens next Friday.
Speaker 4: No, it opens today, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure I'm going to see it tonight.
Speaker 1: Maybe a sneaking Are you going to a sneap peak tonight? No, I'm pretty sure it's in theaters. Borderlands opens next Friday, along with m Night Shamalama ding Dong's new movie Trap.
Speaker 4: I pick's just got it like that.
Speaker 1: Double check the Crow with Bill Sarsguard. This is the one I'm looking forward to it. Guy the what's that the clown from it? I guess so Bill Starsguard that's him. Yeah, he's the new Crow that's going to come out on August twenty third. That is a mussy for me. That's probably the thing that I'm most excited about in August. I don't get too excited about my birthday anymore, so I'll get excited about the Crow. I don't know. I've just never been one of those weirdo birthday people. It's out tonight today, It is out today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, August second, all right, So.
Speaker 1: That's kind of everything that's going on this month. Continue to crush it in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Please continue. You've got well, I mean, you've got until the end of the show to qualify for those anniversary tickets.
Speaker 20: Rocky and Al The.
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Morning Show I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Food fighter and under you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're getting close to the nine o'clock hour. We'll give you another case of beer. We'll do open phones Friday. I can't wait to hear from you guys. What else? Oh yeah, we're gonna draw two more names for the eight o'clock hour, two winners every hour today. Anyone that made a donation or a purchase in the Rod Ryan Show Carers online store. I've got twentieth anniversary party tickets to two lucky generous people. Doesn't matter how big or small your donation or purchases. Don't worry about that. Of course, I want you to spend money in there. But if we've had twenty dollars winners, we've had somebody dropped twenty bucks for our backpack. They happen to be the name that was drawn, So it's very possible. Partly Claudi'skuy's heat advisory today Hi at ninety seven, Tessa one final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Three American citizens were in San Antonio after their release from captivity in Russia yesterday. The Wall Street General reporter Evan Gershkovich, former Marine Paul Wheeland, and a radio journalist. They landed late last night at an air base in Maryland and they were greeted by their families there, along with President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris. The ex presiders and their families flew out to San Antonio where they will all be medically evaluated.
Speaker 4: At the Brook Army Medical Center.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Vice President Kamala Harris, she was among the speakers at Sheila Jackson Lee's.
Speaker 4: Final celebration of life.
Speaker 3: She delivered the uology in a service at Fallbrook Church in northwest Houston. Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also remembered Jackson Lee in the services, along with Congressman Hakim Jeffries and Reverend Al Sharpen. And you had Stevie Wonder there playing the piano all for the final celebration of life.
Speaker 4: So that was a big event happening last night in our city.
Speaker 1: Big event happening with the Olympics right now.
Speaker 4: Big controversy absolutely so.
Speaker 3: An Italian, a woman's boxer, gave up in forty six seconds in a fight with her Algerian opponent, who was actually disqualified from a tournament last year for feeling gender eligibility test. So this is ignited a huge controversy, okay, because the Italian said that it wasn't fair. She said it was unjust. She was telling reporters, I've never taken a punch like that, but she said, you know, I'm nobody to say it's illegal. Well, what exactly illegal? Because this Algerian boxer, her last name is Calif, she has always competed as a woman. She competed in the women's events in the Tokyo Olympics in twenty twenty one. She was, however, barred from the World Championships in twenty twenty three after failing that gender eligibility test. It's interesting because the Algerian boxer's record is nine wins and five losses, so technically like five other women have been able to beat her. She is has been assigned female at birth, and yah via International Olympic Committee is defending its choice to let her compete as well as a Taiwanese boxer, Lynyu, ting she was disqualified from the World champ be in Chips also failing those gender eligibility tests.
Speaker 4: So the thing is is that she just won. Oh, okay, so she just won. Who was she fighting, do you know?
Speaker 3: Okay, So it was reported that the Algerian boxer had x Y chromosomes, which is typically a male trait. The results of the test that disqualified her from the World Championships, those are confidential.
Speaker 4: So this is a case where I don't know. I don't think that we have all of the information.
Speaker 18: We don't.
Speaker 4: And there was a lot of chirping online from all sides.
Speaker 3: I mean, you see it, and if you think it's a man fighting a woman, I mean it evokes emotion, it evokes.
Speaker 4: Like, Okay, this is like wrong on a lot of levels, but is it really if she you know.
Speaker 6: People just didn't like look any further into it and just react.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, So that's a big story.
Speaker 3: We do have a blog page and it gets way deeper into it than I could in alloted time.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk.
Speaker 3: About Universal Pictures snapping up the rights to Britney Spires New York Times number one bestseller. So The Woman in Me is the book that sold over two and a half million copies, and they're saying they're getting that because they are working on a biopic for Britney Spears. Okay, So I'm glad we were talking about this because I'm not necessarily I'm not thinking singing chops at all. You have to put in someone who can dance.
Speaker 16: For sure.
Speaker 1: Sidney Sweeney she can do everything you think Sidney can dance.
Speaker 4: Also thinks her boobs are too big.
Speaker 1: Sorry, okay, Millie Bobby Brown.
Speaker 3: Millie's a great actress, would Sabrina Carpenter. Sabrina Carpenter gives me Britney Spears vibes all day long. She to me is like the way she's popular and the way the kids love her. I mean, that's the way I love Britney Spears.
Speaker 5: Chloe Fine Men on SNL that always does Britney Spears just get hurt.
Speaker 4: Just get hurt.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 3: Well, whoever listen, we make teas on the videos and the twirling or whatever.
Speaker 4: Britney Spears peak. Britney Spears.
Speaker 3: You better get someone in there that can dance, that can It's not going to be about the vocals. It's going to be about her on stage dancing perfectly. New music from the Smashing Pumpkins is out today. It is their thirteenth album, and we have been playing Slashing Pumpkins.
Speaker 4: We're going to be playing Smashing.
Speaker 3: Pumpkins every other hour all day today on the Buzz to listen to their new single.
Speaker 4: Which I'm still having trouble saying.
Speaker 3: Also, Jack White has released his sixth album called No Name, Alex.
Speaker 4: You're going to take a listen to that this weekend.
Speaker 6: I will definitely take a listening to it.
Speaker 4: Well, those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: All right, been Jeremy Benson. We'll start his show at ten o'clock with that new Pumpkins song. All right.
Speaker 5: Sports, We Texans kicked off the preseason against.
Speaker 1: The Bears last night in the NFL's Hall of Fame Game.
Speaker 5: Bears beat the Texans twenty one to seventeen in a game that was terminated by the NFL because of whether they stopped it at three point thirty one left in the third after a thirty six minute weather delay. They were just like, hey, this is preseason, let's not waste her time. The Texans are going to play their next preseason game a week from today when they take on the Steelers in Pittsburgh. In baseball, the Astros are back in action tonight. They're going to open up a week in series with the Rays at Minute Made Park. You say Kikuchio make his first start for the Astro since coming over in that trade from the Blue g He'll be going up against Tampa Bay Shane Baz first pitches at seven ten, and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the Olympics, Team USA added seven more medals yesterday in Paris. Four of them were golds. Notable highlights from Paris yesterday. Simone Biles one gold and the women's All all around gymnastics and Sunny Lee got bronze. In that same event. Kate Douglas and Reagan Smith won golds in the pool, and we also won golds and men's rowing and women's team fencing. The US still has the most total medals of thirty eight and we are second now in gold medals we have nine.
Speaker 6: China is in first for twelve.
Speaker 5: On the sports blog page today, have you seen the French diver that's gone viral because of his giant dawn?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 16: What?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 18: Yeah, speedo. This is Jewles boy, a Jewles boy. There's a photo for you if you want to see. He was so they gotta dive.
Speaker 5: They were in the tiny little speedos and a lot of people are like, Hey, that guy's got him, he's got on him, he's gifted.
Speaker 6: And then every time you go up.
Speaker 1: He like you guys, see this in the swimmer guy he's got he's got a hog.
Speaker 6: Find I can get sports for women? Who needs Caitlyn Clark.
Speaker 1: When you have this, I prop up other kings. I'm happy for him, I really am. Somebody's got a When somebody's got a piece like that, I bet he's having a good time.
Speaker 5: He's probably having the best time in that Olympic Villege is probably a great land.
Speaker 1: But go check it out.
Speaker 4: Sports blog page will thank you.
Speaker 21: Rock Houston's alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Shown.
Speaker 23: Five Buzzdayam Friday, he got free Bam Friday, he got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, Bam Friday, Bam Friday, and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello, Who's this is?
Speaker 19: Josh?
Speaker 1: Come on, I'm gonna Josh Josh. I know we had a Josh already today on this show. Another Josh. You are the winner of the fourth and final case of beer today. Congratulations, thank you, thank you, You're welcome. You're welcome. Where are you from Josh from Leak City. Okay, I know what Josh got in on. Something else than Josh Tree has been blowing me up all morning. Enjoy your beers, my friend, have a great weekend. Thank you for being a part of the show. Thank you all's look. Thank you Josh one of our Joshes. Okay, I turn to reseat. Here we got one more hour together. Yes, I'm ready to get into open phones, but I got to set up a couple of things.
Speaker 16: Here.
Speaker 1: Heat advisory now for today and I think tomorrow. True temperature today ninety seven, even hotter tomorrow Slight chance of rain both days. Our best chance of rain comes Sunday forty chance of some afternoon thunderstorms for the weekend or Sunday. Okay, I got I got a winners for the eight o'clock hour. Why would I be announcing winners? Well, these are people. The following names are people that went into the rod Ryan Show care store. I don't know what time, because it doesn't matter if you ordered or donated in the six o'clock hour or you just got in. This is before nine o'clock. Anybody that makes a donation or a purchase in the Rod Ryan Show care store that goes for this hour two. You got a chance to win twentieth anniversary party tickets. I still have two pairs. Well, let me let me announce the winners. Crystal Oliver, what up?
Speaker 4: Crystal?
Speaker 1: I was told bought a scoop neck. T was that a V neck? Scoop neck?
Speaker 4: Coop neck is round?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, so that's what she bought. And then the girls, Cassandra. I'm hawf she had a big order. Cassandra bought the twenty year tea, the homeroom tea, the twenty year button down, button up, call it what you will, gas station attendant shirt, the Sunrise shirt of Bandana koozies, and the Richardson hat to name it. I don't think that's her whole order either. Nice, she had a big order, so it doesn't matter. Huge order like that one T shirt twenty dollars for a backpack, No matter how big or small your donation or your purchase is. Today you got a chance. I have two pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary show still to come. We will do it before we get out of here at ten o'clock because I want to announce. I want to announce the name on the air, So Chili, we'll have that in the closing ceremony of the show today. Oh busy, Open phones for Friday, Open phones for Iday, more like open phones Fried Game. I saw an email from deb We're gonna break the record. We're gonna break the record for not only the number of orders and donations, but I think we're gonna break that number two. I think that the amount of money that we're gonna raise today.
Speaker 15: Wow.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna break the record that we set on Wednesday on the show.
Speaker 21: Wow.
Speaker 1: Shitn't me right now? All right? Open phones Friday, Big Texas Cat Daddy a ka dad joke guy? Good morning?
Speaker 11: Hey, do you don't want to take intervere?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 26: Get out?
Speaker 1: Are How about Corey? How about Corey the goat Hunter? Corey? Good morning, Good morning to everybody. Good morning to you, sir. And that I mean it can only be one guy talking to us like that. What you got for open phones today, sir?
Speaker 9: And I just want to remind everybody in Houston, Uh, it's It's Sturgis Bike Rally.
Speaker 12: Kicks off this week.
Speaker 9: My wife is hitting the road to make her annual father daughter trip to Sturgis.
Speaker 1: So share the road, give them a little love.
Speaker 4: The kids and I.
Speaker 9: Huddled up and said her little prayer for Mom this morning. But now I'm asking all of y'all on the road, share the road, be nice to those bikers.
Speaker 12: Give them some space.
Speaker 1: We don't want to have any accidents. We want everyone to come home safe. To every one of those.
Speaker 9: Bikers is a mom, a dad, a brother, sister.
Speaker 1: So share the road, give them a little space. This is awesome. I'm fascinated by this. So how long has your wife and her dad been making the trip to Sturgis?
Speaker 9: So her dad I think this is his thirtieth years.
Speaker 13: Wow, he goes every year.
Speaker 9: He's got six or seven Harlease, he's swap some around, but he loves making that trip.
Speaker 11: He's hooked on it.
Speaker 9: My wife hasn't made it every year with him. Her and I used to go with him before we had kids.
Speaker 12: So now this is this is their thing.
Speaker 1: Oh kids, Alex, they ruin everything, right?
Speaker 12: They do?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 1: Does she actually do they ride or they trailer up?
Speaker 6: They right?
Speaker 9: If there's a special word they have for people who trailer Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't think I can say it other round, but okay, it's okay, you're still there. I'm not like that anymore. All right, Hey, that's huge. So so she's on the back and they're riding up there.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, she's taking her bike from Houston and he's driving from all.
Speaker 1: Patha Jesus, that's amazing, dude, that's so cool.
Speaker 9: They're gonna be somewhere in Kansas and then they'll they'll the carpool from there.
Speaker 1: Goat Hunter's watching the kids. Yeah, mom, mom's party at the Buffalo Chip. All right, that's awesome that. I love hearing that father daughter motorcycle. I hadn't even thought about it, and London has asked me. She's like, hey, can I ride on the motorcycle.
Speaker 6: I'm like, get a sidecar?
Speaker 1: Not yet, not yet. My dad used to take kids London sides and smaller and smaller. My dad would run kids up and down my street on his motorcycle. And all my dad said was okay, go ask your mom. Kid would go around the corner, come back, never talk to the parents. Yeah, mom said, it's cool.
Speaker 4: Great, Yeah, wow, that was fast, fast approval.
Speaker 1: I'm and these kids were so small that they would have to sit in front of my dad because your dad was the coolest. Yeah, he was pretty cool then he was pretty it was like the one day he had off of work. He's righting like in the whole time. I remember him. No, he did it a couple of times, running kids up and down. That's pretty huge.
Speaker 4: Well, did you get jealous. I would totally get jealous. I'd be like, that's my dad, it's my dad writing kids, oh way around from him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was pretty cool. It's one of the one of my cooler core memories of my old man. All Right, I got to take a break. I know, I got every phone line is full. We're gonna get you on open phones Friday. After the break, we'll really get into it.
Speaker 21: Hos Houston's Alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety five ninety four five the Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Okay, I'll give you a little store update on what's happening. You guys have absolutely blown my mind today. What's going on? I get it. You really want these rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. There's still two pair that I'm dangling out there. Anyone and you're still in it. If you got into the store and you bought something or you donated them the six o'clock hour, seven eight, you just got in there at nine twenty four whatever. You're in the running for these final two pair of twenty anniversary party tickets. Record setting day in the store.
Speaker 8: Let's go.
Speaker 1: That's we smashed everything from Wednesday. But let's Alex go ahead online. It's Alex online, the mus all right, what you got?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 5: So I officially have all Olympic stuff this week. One last one for Friday, but it's Olympets. Is today's aol Pecks Olympets, pets like dog.
Speaker 1: I thought you were looking at like pecks.
Speaker 6: No check out.
Speaker 5: Testing, so you can go check out some adoptable animals that they have decorated up like like Olympians, which is pretty great. Then winier dog Olympics is the other thing you're gonna get on the on the page as well, because somebody put a bunch of winiard dogs through all the Olympic events like swimming, diving, long jump, all of those things.
Speaker 6: Hurdles, they are terrible at hurdles.
Speaker 1: Gus are always funny.
Speaker 5: Socket hurdles, but hilarious, hilarious athletes. Go check out a limp pets at the World, Famish Rod Ryan showpage of the bus.
Speaker 1: Dot com Wiener dogs, those blow up t Rex costumes and farts, always.
Speaker 30: Fun always funny, always funny, always funny, Fair and kids falling open Serious Friday, He's still following. America's got no talent and kids getting hurt.
Speaker 6: They banned that every couple of weeks, but it comes back and I always followed again.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go back to the phones. Oh, this is what I wanted to say. We broke every single record from Wednesdays. We have over four hundred and twenty orders and we are over seventeen thousand dollars twenty nine. Yeah, we did two hundred and twenty orders on Wednesday fifteen, six hundred and thirty eight dollars. We have doubled the amount of orders and donate and we are over seventeen thousand dollars. That you, guys, that's found money. That's money that we just found that wasn't going to happen.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Tessa, not you the other one from Austin. Tessa, good morning, Good morning, y'all.
Speaker 12: Hey, how are you good.
Speaker 1: I just figured I hadn't called in a while, so I call and say, hey, I hadn't heard from Well, I saw you. I saw you on Twitter on the X today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I saw you, and then I'm trying here.
Speaker 1: She really wants in on the twentieth anniversary show. I get that. How often do you think? It's amazing? I see you at more of our events and concerts and you don't even live here. You're kind of like a Dallas Daniel situation. I see you at more stuff than people that live here. How often are you here in Houston?
Speaker 26: I try to come once a month, okay, and I will be down next week for I prevail with some of the gravy games.
Speaker 1: She's a rocker. She's a rocker. Well, that's awesome. I'm glad you checked in. I know you had some activity in the store today. Good luck to you on those tickets.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm crossing my fingers, all right, good luck.
Speaker 1: It, Testa. We love you. I mean it when I say it. Another Josh No, what are the real Josh? You the free beer winner? Are you still there?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, Chili free beer guy? All right, hang on, this is another Josh though, Josh Tree Really?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 8: What up?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 27: Dude?
Speaker 1: What Are you worried all these guys are coming in peeing in your area?
Speaker 31: Yeah, exactly, that's I think that I think that we should go ahead and do this Josh fight for charity, huh and then uh so we can make money, you know, for y'all and all the charity, and then we can just prove who's the best, which is me?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: I think he is?
Speaker 1: What is the what is the battle consist of? What is the battle ground?
Speaker 19: Is it?
Speaker 18: You know?
Speaker 1: Is it in a pool?
Speaker 6: Is it and on hand combat?
Speaker 1: Is it in like a big like a Scooby doo pool full of coalslaw? How are what is you know what I mean? Hey, I'm done with that one knives changed with shovels.
Speaker 5: Let me just throw a bunch of weapons in the center and they have to run and grab whey they can, yeah, or we.
Speaker 4: Hide weapons everywhere in the park and then they find them.
Speaker 1: All right, A lot of josh Is today on that We actually the FCC just said no more Josh's. We've had too many Joshuas on the airs a max. Yeah, FCC only allows four per four hours. Lewis, Good morning, Bob Man.
Speaker 20: How you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing well, man, what you got for open phones Friday. You're on the air live awesome.
Speaker 13: So I have this great new idea. You guys can use no credit to me, oh boy, guys can use to sell tickets to give them away.
Speaker 1: The name of the game is give tickets to Lewis great idea, man, awesome. Nice's correct. It's such a fun game, all right, what do you have?
Speaker 13: So on YouTube on live stream at six five, seven, five, eight, o five and nine oh five. Each one of you guys puts your hands up and tour to the camera and has a digit from one to five, and of the program close to team someone calls in with each of those numbers in order. If you're the first person to get it right, you when whatever you're giving away.
Speaker 1: I thought that you were going to come in here. It's something so stupid that I was just going to hang up on you. And maybe you have come up with something that is so genius that I'm wondering, where have you been all my life? I like that idea.
Speaker 13: I've been listening for years and I've been bringing from in. This idea is to make it the short of an explanations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, the key things with any kind of a promotion or anything. Is it easy to explain? Can I say it once or twice and everyone will understand it and get it down? Let me workshop this a little bit, Lewis. I think it's a cool idea.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 18: I like it.
Speaker 13: And more people watching at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, increasing our YouTube numbers, oh I dear man, Thank you, Lewis, Thank you very much for that idea. Jonathan, You're next up on Open Phones Friday.
Speaker 6: What you got my honey, brother?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: I'm just just calm because it's my last day on one job and next week I started the next one, and it's a great day for that.
Speaker 13: You and Wiggans always told me keep looking and keep dreaming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you switching careers or is it a similar job you're moving into.
Speaker 13: I'm swapping careers entirely.
Speaker 12: I'm getting out of cars and going into it.
Speaker 1: Wow. Did you go to school for the it?
Speaker 12: I started in high.
Speaker 13: School and fell out of it because my brother and dad were in oil and gas it.
Speaker 1: And I didn't want to do that. Dude, Can I ask how old you are?
Speaker 12: Thirty four?
Speaker 1: You scared? Thirty four is young? You know what I mean? You're fine switching careers right now? Is it freaking you out a little bit? I also got a new little one on the way, so okay, yeah yeah, wow, Alex kid, do you have a new perspective on career, money, your life? You think about everything differently?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But a kay absolutely. So it's a hell of a time to be switching careers. But you're gonna do great, Jonathan, you got this man. Thanks for Sharon. I appreciate you at Elizabeth, good morning.
Speaker 22: Hey, last month I called and announced my pregnancy five weeks you remember me?
Speaker 26: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was. I was amazed that you were going so early with that announcement. Yeah.
Speaker 22: Well, you know, got to celebrate every single moment because I've lost so many babies.
Speaker 4: I just I want to celebrate.
Speaker 1: Just so's everything going?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's the updated?
Speaker 22: Yeah? Update? Okay, So I had my genetic test done to see if there's you know, risk of genetic abnormalities because they called me geriatric pregnancy, how rude.
Speaker 1: Well how many weeks are you now? Eleven eleven weeks and everything's looking good, low risk.
Speaker 22: For genetic abnormalities.
Speaker 1: It's a girl. That's awesome, Elizabeth. I'm so so happy for you.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 22: Thank you, and just a little plug for an organization. If you're struggling with the sow birth or miscarriage, Mothers of Hell the Angels is a wonderful organization.
Speaker 13: Reach out to them.
Speaker 1: They've got lots of resource.
Speaker 10: You know what.
Speaker 1: You gave that out last time and somebody had emailed me and I had passed that information along to them. Great job, Elizabeth, awesome, congratulations. That's another line open for open phones. Friday seven one, three, two and two five nine four five. It must be the Buzz ninety four five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Hope you're up to a great start to your day. I'm having the best day ever, I really am. You guys are shattered, not broken, shattered. All records in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. I'm gonna have to cut it off at around nine fifty five thirty five forty five twenty minutes. You got about twenty minutes if you wanted to make a donation, make a purchase. I'm going to keep the store open. I'm saying, get about twenty four minutes to be in the running for the final pair of twentieth Anniversary rod Ryan Show Party tickets. We are leaving you on the air. Remember the old fashioned way of giving away tickets to people that listen to the radio and they call in. We're still doing that story front Road tickets to Third Eye Blind tomorrow night, Yellow Cart in Arizona on that bill the Summer God's Tour. Okay, I want to get everyone on It's open phones Friday. It's gotta be quick. It's gotta be quick, Thomas, the pain train has been on hold. Pain train. Good morning, Hey, good morning, guys. How are you all doing great man? Haven't heard from you in a while. How are you?
Speaker 13: I'm doing good Man?
Speaker 21: On my birthday tomorrow, and I just want to give a shout out to my daughter Kinsley and my wife Ally.
Speaker 12: We're gonna be kicking it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Are they. They're putting on a little celebration for you tomorrow. I don't know.
Speaker 12: I'm sure they will. My daughters, you guys, she's eleven now, going into sixth grade.
Speaker 1: Right, it's just you know, your birthdays tomorrow, and you're giving a shout out to people that probably would host a party for you. That's a pretty smart move on your part.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, all, we got to grease the wheels. You know what I mean with the lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, my birthday, Tomrial. Shout out to my wife and daughter, who I'm really hoping they put on a celebration for me. Well done, Thomas. Happy birthday to you. Michelle. You're next up on open phones. Hello, good morning, Hello Michelle. What you got for us?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: My gosh, today it's my birthday.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to six yay.
Speaker 29: I just wanted to say hi and good morning. And I'm not even calling from Houston, y'all. I'm calling from Victoria, Texas.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. So it's always fun to have your birthday when it falls on the weekend. Are you celebrating tonight?
Speaker 29: Actually, I'm going to Houston. No, we're not going I'm going to Houston tomorrow, believe it or not. I'm going to numbers.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, that sounds like an awesome way. How well, okay, let me get I'm gonna guess if you're going to numbers, you're probably going to kick it retro style. Hang on, are you?
Speaker 16: Are you?
Speaker 1: I'm totally just are you turning forty two?
Speaker 4: I am turning fifty two?
Speaker 1: Fifty two?
Speaker 4: I am fifty two.
Speaker 29: Today, and I've been listening to you.
Speaker 4: I used to live in Kingwood, okay, back in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: Since then I was I really was going to go there too. I was going to go in the fifties with numbers fifty year olds, but I didn't want to. I didn't want to.
Speaker 4: Stick my the diversity and there's pretty cool though.
Speaker 29: There's all kinds of ages that walk through that door.
Speaker 1: So I was like, okay, all right, that sounds like an awesome, awesome way to celebrate your fifty second birthday. Way to go, Happy birthday to you. Who's this is this? Richard? Richard? Hello Richard?
Speaker 12: I'm sure y'all doing this?
Speaker 1: Richard? Yeah? Great, your phone's cutting it out, Richard? What you got.
Speaker 26: Hey?
Speaker 1: I just wanted to call. Last year, I had a whore hmm. I'm sorry. I'm want to put you on hold. I'm gonna put you on hold, see if we can figure this out. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: This is Randy?
Speaker 1: Hey Randy, it's Randy, just letting you know out. Randy. It's Randy. What you okay? Hey, Hi, Randy? How are you? I'm doing good? Rod?
Speaker 12: I just want to give you a good shout out to this backpack thing you're doing. You're helping a lot of people out. I've listened to you for twenty years. Thanks, uh, and I want to thank you. You know you kind of like the uh Steven's and Proud Back in the day they were they it was number one rate of morning station. And yeah, you've been doing this now twenty years, and I'm going to say a big think.
Speaker 1: That's uh, that's unbelievably high praise to be mentioned with with those two for sure. And of course I know the legend of Stevens and Prout. I got to meet Prud a couple of times and he was real nice, real nice to me, Randy, listen, thank you for that, but thank you for this, Randy, Thank you totally did it all right? Uh is Steve the Breadman? Wasn't he already on with us today?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sure it was, Hey Breadman, you were the winner of the fresh out of bed head to head right, Sure was.
Speaker 15: And I forgot about it this morning because the nerves were still running strong. But I want to give a shout out to my son Austin. Today's his seventeenth birthday, going to be a senior. Do you want to let him know that we're extremely proud of him and we love him very much.
Speaker 18: Dude.
Speaker 1: Way to go, Steve the Breadman, big morning for him, two times on The rod Ryan Show and got in on the rod Ryan Show care Store. I saw his name.
Speaker 6: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: I saw his name there, very interactive.
Speaker 1: Thanks Steve, Thank you Steve. Okay, guys, open phones. That was awesome. I really do love that hour. It goes by so quick. It goes by so quick. I've already told you now you've got fifteen minutes if you wanted to be in the running for the twentieth anniversary party tickets, that's going to be a bash that's going to be talked about for a long long time. The only way you can get in is to win your way in. The only way you can get in in the next fifteen minutes is to either purchase or donate in the rod Ryan Show cares online store. No matter how big or how small your donation is or your purchase, you will be in consideration for that last two pair of tickets. We're gonna have a question for you on the flip of the show. Like I said, the way that we should be giving away tickets. Is you listening and calling in? Know the show front row tickets, the Third Eye, Blind Yellow Card in Arizona coming up after the break Rock and Alternative Fair use the rod.
Speaker 8: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Sure, sure, I don't know how I missed this today. I get it. We're busy International Beer Day today. Yeah, somebody just sent that to me. They're like, Rod, I didn't hear you mentioned it all morning because I didn't know. Now I do.
Speaker 4: You didn't know?
Speaker 1: All right, let's just get in to know the show, and then in this time I'm going to go and grab a couple of winners from the Rod Ryan Show care Store, a couple of generous people. We're gonna wrap everything up right now. Know the show, front row tickets, Third Blind Yellow Card Arizona tomorrow night. What's your question?
Speaker 3: Well, I just want to know what drop Rod hit us with like thirty times and then he shout out at his mom. Just tell me that and then we'll find out and then we'll give away the the first row tickets to see Third Eye.
Speaker 1: By that drop must have been lost. I didn't. It's just like the mutton got stuck or something earlier. Today. Seven, what a beautiful day at the beach, Toddy, stop looking at her. Wow, you are good. You saw the rod Ryan shown but four five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, Green Day Holiday, wrapping up open phones, wrapping up free Beer Friday, wrapping up Fanny Friday, wrapping up our big unbelievable promotion today. Gonna give away another two pair of tickets to the twentieth and Nursary Party somebody that was in there being generous and all getting in our rod Ryan Show Cares online store. I don't know if Dev's gonna give me any kind of final numbers before we get out of here, but shattering every single record we've ever had in the rod Ryan Show Cares story Today. Nice ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high ninety seven Heat advisory today, Same thing for tomorrow. They're calling for a heat advisory high of ninety eight with about a twenty percent chance of rain. Now forty percent chance of afternoon thunderstorms come your way on Sunday, high of ninety four. He's now time for know this show on ninety four to five la La La la la. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good mornings. Well, hello, who's this? This is Robert Robert. Welcome to know the show, Tessa. What's your question, Robert?
Speaker 4: What drop was being used in abused today?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Something like that? Something like that?
Speaker 1: Thanks Mom, just chilling, dude, congratulations, Yeah, I guess we didn't have that for a while.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you what off You know the show for sure.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna get first row seats to see Third Eye Blind with Yellow Card in Arizona this Saturday at Woodlands Pavilion. Please enjoy that show and take some good pictures because you'll have the best view.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: You are a winner, Robert. Thanks for listening to the show. Have an awesome weekend. Okay, awesome. Thanks you guys too. Thanks to I enjoyed that seven to ten split. Randy. It's a nice call from Randy during open phones. But we love when Randy's call in.
Speaker 17: Here.
Speaker 8: We have.
Speaker 1: No I could have used a little more cowbell. There we go. You're gonna want that cow bell? Okay, Mom, no cow bell?
Speaker 19: Ma, I got a fever and the only prescriptions more cow belle b Bye bye, guys, we.
Speaker 1: Gotta go man a record setting day. Thank you so much. My last two winners are John Atherton Atherton, Oh, he's gonna have to drive in from Lake Jackson. He donated a backpack today. Nice, So I told you every little bit helps. Twenty dollars backpack. The guy's going to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. John from Lake Jackson. And then Jacqueline Cotton Epinay Cotton Fine. Jacqueline Cotton from Houston. She bought a tank top this morning. Two four, six, eight big winners this morning into the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. Okay, thank you guys for being so generous. That was all found money. I mean, we're over seventeen thousand dollars this morning. That's insane and something that wasn't going to happen. It was not going to happen. I cannot wait till this update. It might be well, I don't want to even say it, I don't even want to say it out loud, but it could be twenty fivesand dollars fresh. Jacob Bailey Jingleheimer Smith became a one pump chump this morning. He lost to Steve the Breadman Stephen Bredman. You just heard him. He closed out open phones today, so he was on early in the homeroom. And at the end of the show, Fanny not Ai Fanny Friday. She's been told to me that she is a real Hue movie real. Number one link today, Number two link was the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Thank you guys so much. Thank you Specs for the beer today. Twentieth anniversary passes will continue to be given away throughout the day. Jeremy has some coming up. Pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour. He said, everyone's picking those over every concert that's coming to town, so I know it's a big deal. Suburb Summer Sizzler Brett from Alvin beat a task a seat of Brian. Tomorrow is backpack day, man. We'll be passing on those backpacks tomorrow. Tomorrow morning. We'll take lots of pictures and all that. I think I have six picks this weekend.
Speaker 29: Oh you do?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Also on Monday it's a Deer Park versus Kingwood. Okay, I'm playing for the Suburb of Summer Sizzlers.
Speaker 1: Go Team USA all weekend long as the Olympics continue. I will keep the rod Ryan Show Care store open all weekend long. It's just to milk as much money as I can out of you. Okay, guys, thank you so much. It's just three people. This is what kind of stopped me in my tracks today. Three people moons. One of them said, I work some overtime this week, and I thought of you guys, and I put some more money in the store.
Speaker 4: So generous.
Speaker 1: Three different people mentioned that they got some overtime pay and their first thought with that overtime pay was to help other people that need it. Best listeners in the world, I mean, at every goddamn time I say it, Thank you so much for your generosity. Again, We'll take a ton of pictures to my woman passing out these backpacks. I love every one of you. He am app Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Showpaige at the buzz dot com.