Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kays Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: Welcome into Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers eighteen and ten on the season. They start the night a half game back of the Giants in the NL West after taking two of three from the Pirates over the weekend. The homestead continues now with the start of a three game series against the Miami Marlins Dustin May. We'll get the start tonight in the series opener. First pitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. All Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vazdegoes one on one with Tony Gonsolin. We got your Dodgers magical moment. I've got your prize picks, double play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Shortly, we'll also.
Speaker 3: Check in with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday out at the Gallpin Motors Broadcast Booth. Well yesterday at the Ravine, the Dodgers over came a rough start to pound the Pirates. Tyler glassnow on the mountain. The right handerd got into trouble in the first, giving up back to back home runs as the Pirates took a two to nothing lead. In the bottom of the first, the Dodgers offense answered back show He walked Vets singled two batters later Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 4: Game the lead now Freddy Freeman second and third, one out. It was a productive out for Teoscrews, getting high fives and fist bumps in the dugout.
Speaker 5: First pitch of.
Speaker 4: Freeman groundball base hit through the right side. Well Tony scores, BET's coming in behind him and we are tied. Freddy Freeman jumping on the first pitch from Bailey Falters and he levels the.
Speaker 3: Scoreboard to a piece, two run single for Freddy Dodgers two to two.
Speaker 2: The very next.
Speaker 3: Batter, Tommy Edman grinded into a fielder's choice, but a throwing air brought in Freddy Dodgers up three to two, and they still weren't done. Next batter, Andy Paez and RBI single Dodgers a four to lead. In the top of the second, Tyler Glass now felt some discs. I'm his throwing shoulder while warming up, so came out of the game and it became a bullpen game, which has already been used a lot. But the guys were ready and they stepped up to the challenge. Ben Casperius three and two thirds shutout innings, Alex Vesia two thirds of an inning, Luis Garcia two thirds of an inning, Yanjres Gomez three shutout innings for the newest Dodger. In the second, the Dodgers offense back at at Mookie Betts to sackfly Dodgers of five to two, and then in the fifth inning, the Dodgers really flexed her muscles ta Oscar Hernandez a leadoff home run that brought up three batters later, Andy Pies.
Speaker 4: Right Hendri Satz. Here's the pitch. PI has swings and tries. It's a straight away center field CRUs going.
Speaker 2: Back, CRU's at the wall.
Speaker 6: It's gone.
Speaker 2: Have a series.
Speaker 5: Andy piz.
Speaker 4: A two run shot to straightaway center field is fifth of the season and the Dodgers are on top eight to two.
Speaker 2: Two run home run for Pajes.
Speaker 3: Top tier play of the game brought to by ARCO Quality Top Tier Gas for last. Pohes with stay hot in the sixth with an RBI single, Dodgers up nine to two. They go on and win by that same final score. Ben Kisparrius gets the winning relieve. Andy Pohes hit a home run, drove in a career high four runs in tied a career best with four heads he had himself a weekend against the Pirates, Dodgers take two of three from Pittsburgh. Next up a three game series against Miami Dustin May on the Mount in the series opener, and with more, let's head out to the Galvin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Nepverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim, thanks very much. Beautiful evening here at Dodgers Stadium. Sunshine, blue skies right now, who think wait for a very very pleasant evening for baseball as the Dodgers open up a three game set with the Miami Marlins. Marlin's coming in fifth place in the National League Eastern Division, six and a half off the pace. They're twelve and fifteen. Managed by former Dodger first base coach Clayton McCullough, who became the seventeenth manager in Marlin's history of this offseason. He was greeted very very warmly here this afternoon by many players and staff from the Dodgers, and he'll get his World Series ring in a matter of minutes. As far as the Dodgers go eighteen and ten half game out behind the Giants at this point in time, first place is right in sight. And again they'll play this Marlin club six times over the next ten days, so they'll be very familiar with them. Edward Cabrera will have the ball for Miami, Dustin May goes for the Dodgers, and tonight, just a little lineup tweak before we talk about Tyler Glasnamo, Miguel Rojas is in there, Tommy Edmund getting a night off.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and for Dave Robbers, just saying, look, it's been a while since Edmund has not been in the lineup, and you've got to keep some other horses fresh in that being Miguel Rojas, the Rojas to be at second base, Banning in the nine spot. Max Muntsey's still in the eight spot. And then for Andy Pints, the Code National League Player of the Week. All he did in that series against the by Rates has go ten hits in twelve, so he has moved his average up and for Pa has congratulations Dodgers. By the way, I have a couple of guys to him that trying to get the bats going. We've seen the resurgen just now recently the last couple of games show Hey, O Tony. That's good news on top of it.
Speaker 7: So the good news PA has having the best week of his career. The band news is that Tyler glasnow is not one hundred percent again and as we talk right now, they have yet to make the move to the IL, Dave Roberts saying that the doctors are still looking at him general body soreness, overall body soreness in addition to the shoulder soreness. He has not had an MRI, but Dave Roberts did say it's more than likely that he will go on the IL than not.
Speaker 8: Well, you figure it's going to be that way, because Roberts is also saying that this is going to be at least rest, and rest does not really compare favorably with remaining on the active roster because you know it's the turnover rate of the starting pitchers. You have x number of days in between starts, in rest, is not entering too that factor.
Speaker 7: Now I'll speak of rest. There is conversation going on about possibly having Yamamoto and Sasaki work on five days rest rather than six.
Speaker 8: Well, and that's something that if you look at Gamamoto, he's become now a little bit more accustomed to knowing what the routine is. And the other part of that scenario as we currently speak, the Dodgers, if you look overall on their forty man roster, they have what twelve different pictures are on the injured list, and we understand that the black Snell received an injection don't know if it's yesterday or today in the shoulder, but he's still resting and not throwing. So yeah, they've got to figure out, Okay, how are we going to supplement. Roberts was asked, for example, well, are you thinking about going to six man rotation? He goes, we don't have six sturds, so you got to go with what you got. And they're possibly even looking to build up Ben Casparius and put him in the starting rotation. He did a wonderful job in relief yesterday when Glasnow was injured. So pitching health a big part of the story. Other big part of the story is starting this stretch with the Marlins. Got to take advantage against the last place team. As the Dodgers start this three game set, Dustin May on the hill one on one in a three six eighty ra he will oppose Edward Cabrera, who is zero and one in an era of six fourteen.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on on this Monday and night and Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's at Shakey's dot Com. Think we might do that for dinner tonight in the studio coming up here on Moroco Casino, Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vat say we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Got your prize fixed double play of the day.
Speaker 3: But up next, you got your otani rewind if you're the leading after the first pitch, Dodgers and Marlins, thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Do you know.
Speaker 1: This Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on deck y'all on the official LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Marlin started a three game set as the homestand continues on this Monday night. Dustin May Edward Carbrera the pinching matchup of the series opener.
Speaker 2: First pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 5: This is there?
Speaker 4: What two balls? No strikes? Here's the pitch from Falter. This ball is hooking down the right field line. That's a fair ball. One hops off the wall in the corner. Key k gets the stops on a third. Otani standing up, bets second with another double. The one to oh pitch. This ball is roll to the right side. Fraser doves can't get it. Base hit squeaks through into right field. So Otani, with his second hit of the game, now has five hits the last two days.
Speaker 3: Showy Otani yesterday and the Dodgers nine to two winner with the Pirates two for four on base three times, including a walk. He had the double, his fourth of the season as the Dodgers take two three ree from the Pittsburgh Pirates. The guy who is sad to see the Pirates leave town and he pa has Yesterday he goes four for five, Pajz goes deep, Paz drives in a ton of runs over the weekend and afterwards caught up with your still Watson.
Speaker 9: And he four hits today, including a home run, but ten hits this weekend.
Speaker 5: The big question is are you real?
Speaker 9: And are you It feels like you're untouchable at the plate at this moment.
Speaker 10: But I stepping this at Mana Gondolas, He's let's I said, you know that? So I got out there because look, you see that's just that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just first give.
Speaker 10: The glory to God, but just trying to do good things, you know, trying to make take my pitches, take my time, get the pictures I want to do, and and hit the ball the way that I'm capable of.
Speaker 5: You look at that.
Speaker 9: Do you feel like it's been more of a mechanical block for you or something more mentally that allowed you just to free up to get.
Speaker 10: The results mechanico physicamente west Cambiado and the.
Speaker 5: Kay okay jo mass.
Speaker 10: Mentally Okay, Ferenzia, look.
Speaker 6: About my love.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I felt like I've been doing well all year, but you know, just mentally, I felt like this weekend, especially this weekend, like my approach has changed and I felt more confidence in myself.
Speaker 5: This team is so supportive of each other.
Speaker 9: But to Oscar Hernandez might be your biggest supporter, to have that relationship with him, can you describe what it's like just to have his support.
Speaker 10: The Portlands companiences support and.
Speaker 2: Pro you know that just.
Speaker 3: Because if you got.
Speaker 2: And Caau came up.
Speaker 6: To me.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's very special, you know, having someone like the Oscar always by my side, always very supportive, always on my side, always leaned, always learning from him, asking me things. It's just always so nice to have.
Speaker 5: This game wasn't just about the offense.
Speaker 9: Of course, when you see Tyler Glassnal come out of the game, you never want to see that, But how the bullpen kept you all in this Just how impressive was that group today?
Speaker 11: Game Bers and especially.
Speaker 10: Who has always been great, you know, ever since last year to be able to do what they did last year to help us win a World Series.
Speaker 6: But they're they've.
Speaker 10: Been They've been doing their job since since like last year, so they're always and obviously it's always a shame that happen a Glass out, but the bullpen picking us up is always huge.
Speaker 5: Andy.
Speaker 3: Congratulations on this one. All right, there's Andy is What a weekend he had, What a day he had yesterday named co Player of the Week in the National League. Congratulations to him. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 2: Ready to donate your old car?
Speaker 3: Call eaight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly age and standing by to take your donation.
Speaker 2: That's Cars with the K to donate.
Speaker 3: Your car today, Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David vessgoes one on one with the catman Tony Gonslin. But up next we'll get you an injury report. Hey, look, get the pregame thoughts of the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Yeah, that's all coming up. As we lead up to first pitch, Dodgers and Marlins from the Ravine.
Speaker 2: First pitch set for seven ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kats's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Al.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead up to first Pitch Dodgers and Marlin's Morongo Casino Resort. It spa a Grand Slam for a good time. I's Japanese Heritage Night tonight out at Dodgers Stadium. The Yea's will be in attendance. Dustin May on the mound. They'll see him take them out at first pitch seven ten.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report, presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tyler Glass now add him.
Speaker 2: To the list.
Speaker 3: Now thirteen players on the injured list for the Dodgers, as Tyler Glass now officially goes on the IL with right shouldered discomforts. So hopefully they'll get some test done and see what the severity of that injury is or isn't. But he joins Blake Trying and Blake Snell, Tony Gonsolyn, Michael Kopek, Clayton Kershaw all in the angeless.
Speaker 2: Good news is Tony Gonsolin.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be coming off the IL very soon, and you're gonna hear from the cat Man coming up in just a little bit with David Veas say, let's head back out to Dodger stadium and get the pregame thought to the Dodgers, Giedbert.
Speaker 11: Anything questions for Dave?
Speaker 6: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 5: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 1: So how.
Speaker 6: Uh he is.
Speaker 12: In the process of being looked at by our doctor's overall body soreness as I understand it, and we're we're bringing Noah Davis uh to Taxi. We haven't made a decision on the I L but yeah, the doctors will look at him and we'll kind of see where we go from there.
Speaker 6: Sort of some that they gain you.
Speaker 2: Guys after or does that say that's kind of new in addition to the.
Speaker 12: Shoulder this is uh new? Uh in addition to the shoulders the document is that just I think it's more testing as far as kind of the eye test and some physical some manual things.
Speaker 6: Go in or anything.
Speaker 12: No, he did not like.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 12: I would say it's more likely than not. What is this your rotation going forward? Obviously tomorrow we have a bullpen game. Uh, We're gonna drop Tony in on Wednesday, and right there, I think that you know, Tony's gonna be in there and we'll just kind of figure out where we go. Honestly, right now, I just really don't know how it's going to play out in the next call it you know, week to ten days and.
Speaker 3: Ten games without a break.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna see full ten games.
Speaker 12: I wouldn't cernly the regular, but I think that there is, you know, in one kind of conversation to potentially build up Casparius. So that's it. That's an option as well. But we're just not sure yet.
Speaker 11: Is there may be a move to a more formal six man notation like six, you know, the same six guys like with fewer.
Speaker 5: Team off days.
Speaker 12: And then I don't know, I don't think we have six, so I would say probably against the six man rotation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dodgers right now do not have six healthy starters, bod The good news is sounds like Tony Gonson, we'll get the start on Wednesday in the finale of this three game series. You're gonna hear from the cat Man coming up being about twenty five minutes as he sits down with David Vas say, we'll we continue here on Morocco Casino Dodgers on deck. We will check in with you. Afore mentioned it David Vas say who you'll be able to see on Sports net LA tonight and tomorrow and Wednesday if you do a little TV duties as he leads up to first pitch on Japanese Heritage Night Dodgers Marlins. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim katsis the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue.
Speaker 5: All season long.
Speaker 3: Home dank continues for the Dodgers as they take on the Buyo Me Marlins after taking two or three from the Pittsburgh Pirates. Marlin in town now for the first of three. Dustin May and Edward Cabrera the pitching matchup. First pitch seven for seven.
Speaker 5: Ten, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 11: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger insider David Basse and.
Speaker 3: David now joins us from Dodgers Stadium before the Dodgers and Marlin series opener coming up, and David, I imagine Andy pie has was a little sad to see the Pittsburgh Pirates leave town.
Speaker 2: What a weekend he has.
Speaker 6: Had a great weekend.
Speaker 11: We've talked about it already, we'll talk about it again. Andy Poe has with ten hits over the weekend against the Pirates. He was ten for twelve with three doubles and a two run home run yesterday, and he became the first Dodger to have ten hits in a series since Freddie Freeman did it against the Athletics in twenty twenty three. So a big weekend for Andy pie Has. And he said after the game, part of the reason why he's had as much success as he has had, not just against the Pirates, but going back the last seven or ten games, is the fact that he is not trying to be anybody other than Andy Piez in the batter's box, no matter if he's sitting ninth or seventh or fifth. He said he was taking way too many pitches and being way too passive in the batter's box trying to get on bass to flip that lineup over. What he decided to do, with the help of Taoscar Hernandez, was just go out there and be Andy Piz and get on base and be aggressive, even if it means swinging at the first pitch.
Speaker 2: Of any at bat.
Speaker 11: And that has translated and not only is he getting on base, he's driving in runs. So with the help of his big brother Taoscar Hernandez, Andy Pijz has turned the corner for now. Obviously, there will be peaks and valleys of a baseball season. You just want to minimize those. But with that mentality, you hope that Paz can. And as we mentioned earlier as well, congratulations to Andy Paijz for being the co National League Player of the Week with Huguenio Suarez from the Diamondbacks who hit four home runs in a game, becoming only the nineteenth player in baseball history to accomplish that.
Speaker 2: David is driven by four. There's one thing we like.
Speaker 3: Its choice is fine yours with the four f one to fifty yas hybrid all electric tough. This march can only be called f one fifty Tyler Glass. Now what's the latest, Dave? Is this something to be concerned about?
Speaker 11: Well, it's always concerning when you're starting pitcher only throws seventeen pitches in a start. It's always concerning when you're starting pitcher is rattled after rain in Philadelphia, And it's also concerning after your starting pitcher comes out of a game with dehydration and lower lay cramps. The all three things have happened to Tyler Glass now this year, and all three things have had a big effect on the Dodger bullpen, not just in his starts, but the next two or three games after Dave Roberts. You heard from him earlier today, Tim he still doesn't seem to have an answer on what is exactly ailing Glass now, but he said, quote, if a pitcher is complaining about certain things, you don't want to risk him being injured. So the Dodgers are going to likely put him on the IL and see whether or not they can get Tyler feeling as good as he could possibly feel to make his next start whenever that is.
Speaker 3: David, what's the latest with Clayton Kershaw? I know he can't come off the IL now for at least another three weeks.
Speaker 2: But what's going on with number twenty two?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so he could be activated on May seventeenth. That's a three game series against the Angels here at Dodgers Stadium. Likely could put him on track to start that May eighteenth Sunday afternoon game against the Halos. But tomorrow night he is going to be extended a little further to five innings for Oklahoma City and on Wednesday. By the way, Tim, the Dodgers officially will get Tony Gonsolin back. He is going to join us a little bit later in the show. That is very exciting for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Right time to get some starters back and get some arms into this rotation. David appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you will hear from Tony Gonsolin as he joins David Van Sae.
Speaker 2: We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: We got your prize picks double Play of the Day coming up as well.
Speaker 2: But up next, your Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Magical moment as we lead you up to first pitch on this Monday night, Dodgers and Marlins from the Ravine, first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 3: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Marlin's on Japanese Heritage Night Out at Dodgers Stadium, Dustin May Edward Carbrera. The pitching MATCHU will dive deeper in the numbers coming up in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: First pitch at seven ten, Who wants.
Speaker 5: The hot con.
Speaker 1: It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Times.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Japanese heritage, Nighthdeo Nomo. We go back to nineteen ninety six, April thirteenth, Dodgers taken on the e then Florida Marlins on a Saturday night, forty six thousand in attendance, in a game that took two hours and ten minutes. It went by quick because Adeo Nomo was really good.
Speaker 5: Stuck him out. That is a new mark for Novo seventeen.
Speaker 4: A magnificent performance for Hadayo Nomo.
Speaker 3: Hadeo Nomo a complete game three hitter. He retired twenty seven batters, but he had seventeen strikeouts in that nine innings of work. At do Nomo a complete game three hitter. As the Dodgers beat the Marlins on that Saturday night back in nineteen ninety six, the final three to one. This Hofey Magical moment brought you by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey's SoCal local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Check them out Haffey hot Dogs Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check you out on Rick Monday and we'll get you your Prize Picks Double Play of the Day Dodgers Marlin Series opener from the Ravine. I'm Tim Kasey's the world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Marlin's Japanese Heritage Night out of Dodgers Stadium. Dustin May Edward co prere the fitching Mancha first pitch set for seven ten got him with the two for.
Speaker 13: One hard shot to third, droves the second on the first double What double Toll series?
Speaker 5: This is the Prize Picks Double Play of the Deck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, joined me and millions of others playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Download the free Prize Picks app and when you use this code, go blue. Why because you're gonna get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars line up. That's fifty dollars instantly, just for using the code go blue when you sign up at Prize Picks. It's so easy to play Prize Picks. You pick two or more players more or less on a different strikeout RBI, first hitting runs, home run at bats, more or less at Prize Picks, and you have a chance to win to two thousand times your cash. Join me in playing at Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: And use the code go Blue.
Speaker 3: Here are my two picks for tonight, Dustin May more or less five strikeouts? Huh more? Please, it's the Marlins. More than five strikeouts for Dustin May. How about more or less a half a hit run an RBI for showey Otani?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Last time he saw the Marlins he set a record. I'm gonna say more than a half a hit running RBI for show, Hey Otani?
Speaker 2: Tonight. So there you go.
Speaker 3: There's your Prize Picks Double Play of the Day, Prize Picks, Run your game.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcast and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Rick the Dodgers welcome in the Marlins and led by former Dodger first base coach Clayton McCullough.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a nice arrival. Clayton meant a lot to this organization and obviously had a lot to do with the Dave Robertson talking about it. You were in the press conference with with Dave a little bit earlier and just talking about the impact that Clayton had when he was wearing the Dodger uniform, including knowing the younger players. A lot of people have looked the fact that, you know, he was kind of directing at the minor league level, the farm director, so he understands the youngsters and now he has a lot of them. Really in his fall with the Miami Marlins.
Speaker 11: One of the guys he coached with the Dodgers last year and Dino Ebel has really helped take the next step. Is Andy pa Has, who is named co player of the Week.
Speaker 8: Yeah, not a bad well, he didn't have a bad week over the weekend much less than anything else. The last seven games. Also, I mean in that series against the Bitsburg Virus, Andy pie Has was ten for twelve and if we look at it a little bit longer, a period of time last seven games, he's hitting at five hundred. That's with three home runs and six RBIs. It's not a soft five hundred either. That's thirteen out of twenty six at bats, thirteen base hits in that period of time, So he's kind of turned things around. Hopefully that becomes contagious. We talk sometimes about slumps being unfortunately contagious, and maybe some hot bats will be contagious. Mookie Betts could volunteer to be in that category. Max Munsey could volunteer to be in that category. Although from what I've seen the last couple of games, Max has had starting to have better swings and hopefully that's something a positive sign to come.
Speaker 11: Going back to Pies though, Rick, we talked about him the first couple of weeks of what he wasn't doing defensively and offensively.
Speaker 8: What is he doing now, Well, I don't think he is worrying about if he's going to get a base hit. It's difficult for any player, but I think even more so for younger at this level because the competition, the level of competition is relentless. I mean it's day in and day out, it's pitch in and pitch out, inning in and inning out, and you cannot be thinking about your struggles offensively while you're on defense, and vice versa, you can't think about the others too. He's been able to run the bases a little bit better on top of it. That was also an issue there for about ten day to twelve day period. I think he's growing up and feeling comfortable right now.
Speaker 11: You always talk about center fielder having certain feet down when the pitch is thrown. The first week and a half, you were not seeing that from.
Speaker 8: Pahav No, and the right foot was in the air. I talked many times about you need both feet on the ground when the ball crosses home plate, and the reason is if you're on one leg, basically all you can do is fall in the direction of whatever foot is off the ground, and if you're going to go to the opposite direction. Otherwords, if my right foot is off the ground when the ball across his home plate and it's it, I cannot go to my left until I put my right on the ground. So you're losing if you defensively lose a step or two as a result of not having both feet on the ground or anticipating. You know, that's the difference in a single, a double, a triple, and the difference for a runner to be able to have that extra two or three steps.
Speaker 11: So Pa has has made two home run extra base robbing catches in center field the last week. I would assume he couldn't do that unless he was a little bit more fundamentally.
Speaker 8: So it was another guy that's been involved too, is the conversations I had with him last year and again earlier this year. And that's Dino Evil, who this year is in charge of the outfielders, and we have talked on a couple of different occasions about that very thing.
Speaker 11: All right, Well you've made a difference, Rick.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't hardly know you, Not does Tim never because or Dwayne for that matter. You're in a coat and tie today, so I assume you're going to be spending a lot of time on television and not with us in the booth on radio.
Speaker 11: Well, I feel like I'll be spending more time near the Dodger dugout for all of us in front of the camera. That's Joe and Eric Carrols.
Speaker 2: You know they love that TV time.
Speaker 8: Well, it's a win for you being on the TV side and for those of us in the radio booth.
Speaker 6: It's a big win.
Speaker 11: Sounds good. Rick, We'll catch up. Tell me on a good one, David. Thank you, Tim. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks lot, guys. That's the Dodgers game plan. What's your game plan? How about starting your future at California Community College? Financial aids available to help you, tuition, books and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Class is going to fill up quickly, So on roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We got you a preview this pitching matchup. Tim and a Rake have the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with the catman, Tony Gonsolin. So Dodgers Marlins Japanese Heritage Night Out at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: First pitch of seven ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Baseball, Dodgers and Marlin's Dustin Edward Cabrera. The pitching MATCHUT Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by zen She handcraftsy sushi. Enjoyed the game with a quick, affordable meal. The whole family can enjoy zench Sushi made fresh onsite daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, and a tradition.
Speaker 2: You can taste it.
Speaker 3: The tuna roles, the spicy tuna rules, the mango crunchy dragon rolls, the tempura shrimp rolls, they got the poke bulls, they got it all. Check it out. Zen She near the deli counter at Ralph's. Zen She hand Crafted Sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment this high and tight.
Speaker 11: We're here with Wednesday Starter. That's right, it's official. It's on every app, every website. Tony Gonsolin is back on Wednesday, and he joins us a couple of days before his start. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks for having me happy to be here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so now it's a fish. How have the feelings been, because I know you've been waiting for this moment.
Speaker 6: For a while.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm feeling good, you know, having that little setback in spring and then having to build back up and go through springs training essentially at the start of the season. Not fun, but got through it and I'm back now, hopefully.
Speaker 6: For the long haul.
Speaker 11: Dustin May talked about just the emotions he had getting back, even in a spring training.
Speaker 6: Game in the Freeway Series.
Speaker 11: Do you feel like you have to control your emotions when you get back out there on Wednesday?
Speaker 6: Not really.
Speaker 14: I feel like I've been doing a pretty good job. Maybe it'll hit me once I'm actually out there on the field in front of our you know. I guess it's a day game, so there'll be a lot of fans, our thirty five thousand fans instead of our nice fifty But yeah, I'm just excited to get back out there and try to help the team win.
Speaker 11: Last October, you were part of the Dodgers winning the World Series in a different way. Did you feel connected to that run because even in a limited way, you were able to prepare the hitters for the postseason.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 14: You know, I felt like the live reads that I gave our hitters to live AB's that I gave those guys got them prepared to go in and face the face whoever and have success against them.
Speaker 11: If the Dodgers needed you last October? Could you have pitched in a postseason game?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Absolutely?
Speaker 11: Were you hoping for that opportunity.
Speaker 14: I was looking forward to it whether that that time came. Honestly, I wasn't necessarily hoping for it because that means we had some guys get hurt. So I'm glad I didn't get in there because that means our guys stayed healthy.
Speaker 11: Where were you when Freddy Freeman hit his walk off grand Slam?
Speaker 6: I mean I think I was right up.
Speaker 14: Here somewhere somewhere in the dugout, But no, that was incredible to see. Just nothing like that. I don't think Freddy pimps pimps it very very often, so watching him do it, he looked like it was his first time a little bit, but it's it's a memorable moment for sure.
Speaker 11: You were teammates a long time, the same starting staff as Walker Buehler. To see him do what he did last year, how rewarding do you believe that was for him? And what was it like for you to see him have that moment?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, watching Walker pitch through the years, coming back from injury, going through some adversity, you know, struggling and then having success late in the year last year, and then I'm ultimately closing out Game five of the World Series to clinch the whole thing. It was it was really cool, really cool to see so happy for him.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 11: Yeah, just incredible watching that run not just during October but the entire season last year. Do you have visions of helping the Dodgers in that same way this year? I know a lot of guys do a lot of visualizations of success. Do you ever allow yourself to go there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Absolutely, you know, getting a different perspective of watching games on TV. I suppose that in the doug ally in the clubhouse, with the guys being around them every day, you know.
Speaker 6: Not being able to do that.
Speaker 14: I got to see a different light from it and really just watch how competitive our bats are, how everybody comes up to bat just ready to hit, you know, and watching how much work they do to score runs for us so.
Speaker 6: And it was ultimately scoring runs.
Speaker 14: So I feel like it takes a little bit of the pressure off of myself pitching, knowing I don't need to be so fine and that we're gonna score runs, and you know everything isn't Every pitch isn't so much.
Speaker 6: There isn't so much pressure on each pitch.
Speaker 11: Do you feel like that's what you've taken away, taken a step back, not being able to pitch? Is that which you've kind of learned when you go and start again on Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's one of the things for sure. And just to go out there and just have fun. I mean, yeah, it doesn't need to be so serious. Granted, like I want to win, Like the competitive nature is not gone, but I'm just gonna go out there and just try to have as much fun as I can.
Speaker 11: I remember that about you when you first came up. You were saying that you were taking in so much information from other guys that you needed to simplify that. Have you turned the corner in that mentality as well?
Speaker 6: I like keeping its simple, honestly. Yeah.
Speaker 14: It can be as complex as you wanted, or it can be as simple as you need it to be.
Speaker 6: And I'm trying to keep it simple.
Speaker 11: Any new tricks in the cat bag for Wednesday?
Speaker 6: No, let's just attack his own and see what happens.
Speaker 11: All right, Since we have you here and we've heard so much about the new hairdo or lack thereof for Tony Gonsolin. Would you mind showing America the way it looks now? This is a new improved Tony Gonsolin in more ways than one.
Speaker 14: Yeah, maybe hated it said. It was said my hair was dead, so we decided to cut it all off. It's due for a shave, but I'll have the fresh one on Wednesday.
Speaker 11: Maybe you're catcher Will Smith, who is looking on, can come over here and give us a review on Tony Gonsolin's new shaved head. He likes it a man a few words, no doubt about it. Tony, thanks a lot for the time, Appreciate it and happy to have you back on Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Can wait to see that ball beautiful head on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the catman is back back after a long injury and he'll be back on the mount on Wednesday in the finale of this three game set against the Marlins. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's a game night, it's group night at Shaky's Dot com We're leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Marlins. When we come back, we're gonna break down this pitching matchup. Somebody call it Code Red. Dustin Mays on the mantle, dive deeper. Next, I'm Tim Katsey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Marlin start of a three game set as the homestand continues first pitch of the Ravine set for seven ten and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the di neck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Theres anybody your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard, in play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force Turbo Charts engine. It's a truck built for the bull. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Edward Cabrera on the mound for the Marlins. Owen wall with his six fourteen ERA, twenty seven year old right hander out of the Dominican Republic, signed in twenty fifteen, finally broke through in twenty twenty one, his fifth season. Now in the big leagues, sinker, slider, curveball, change up. Making his fourth start this year, last time out, five innings, three runs, five hits, seven strikeouts. That was a no decision against the Cincinnati Reds. Cabrera in his career against the Dodgers four appearances, one in three with an ERA of ten ninety three and seventeen strikeouts on the mound for the Dodgers. Dustin May one in one, three sixty eight ERA, twenty seven year old right hander in his seventh season the big leagues. But that's miss ladies. Missed a ton of time because of injuries. Made his first major league appearance in six hundred and eighty five days back on April first, making his fifth start of the season, last time out, five innings, seven runs, ten hit, five strikeouts, three walks, a no decision against the Cubs at Wrigley Field. Last week, making his fourth career start against the Marlins, two and one with a one oh eight ERRA Dustin May, Edward Cabrera. It's the Dodgers and Marlins. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game bar next. I'm Tim Katis's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 13: Network as we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Marlins on Japanese Heritage nine out of Dodger Stadium, and Dustin May on the mound. First pitch coming up at seven ten. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important that they have the right plan to protect their house. They took two to three and protected the house over the weekend against the pirates. That same applies to you and your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. It's important, for example, user install ignition resistant materials around your home, use fire resistant materials when building a deck, replace events with imber and flamers, and Vince used noncombustible fencing materials for the portion that connects to your house. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot CA dot go. All right, let's tap back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Tim never Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 7: Tim, thanks again. We'll catch it out of the first pitch tonight at Dodgers Stadium. Gorgeous night for a ballgame. Dustin May gets to go after the Marlins again, the team he got his very first career win against, back on the thirteenth of August and twenty nineteen. He is two and one against them overall. Coming off a rough start in Chicago at Wrigley Field against the Cubs, looking for a bounce back here tonight.
Speaker 8: Yeah, bounce back in three things they'll bring up. We'll talk about it during the game as well. Throwing strikes. In fact, here's the reason why. When he gets ahead in the count so far this year, it's an o sixty nine batting average against. When he's behind, it's a three eighteen average. Here's the other part. He's rented the problems in the very first inning of three to sixteen batting average with an era in the opening inning of starts of over eleven. So that's really get the wheels on the track very very early tonight.
Speaker 7: And right hender Edward Cabrera, remember he started that game September nineteenth in Miami. That was the great game that Sho heeo Toani had where he eclipsed the fifty to fifty mark. He had ten runs batted in, went six for six in the game, and just tore up Edward Cabrera early in the game. He didn't last very long, only two and the third innings in that game, but he was the starter. He is oer in one on the season, and he gets to go against Dustin May tonight. Dodgers and Marlins lineups and first pitch just around the.
Speaker 3: Corner, Yeah, first pitch. Will we come back? Dodgers riding the two game winning streak, looking to make it three straight. Showy Otani, he's starting to heat up. Can he really catch fire?
Speaker 2: Tonight?
Speaker 3: Does the Dodgers take on the Marlins, the same team he torched a year ago in Miami with that fifty to fifty monumental achievement that he's set in twenty twenty four, We'll find out Dustin May takes the mound when we come back. Dodgers Marlins. Enjoyed everybody. I'm Tim Kates. This is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network