Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up, you need advice? Who you don't have them?
Speaker 2: Running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shoot's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martinez, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven to one, three eight, two five five. Let's kick some asks today, solve some problems, questions, take complaints, and make your life a little easier.
Speaker 6: That's if you want us to. Now.
Speaker 5: If you don't have problems, sit back and get some entertainment, because we entertain as well. I have had a Davis with me from Fix at twenty four to seven. We talk about you know, we talk about everything on the referral list at one time or another. We rotate them through. So sit back. You don't have to have something, but I have. What I do is I save up texting emails on topics. So we'll do some of that, and then we'll do some of this and some of that, and then we have right now by the way, Hi Hannah, you can say hi hi everyone. Some of this, some of that, and some of this that one of the questions we do have, and today I want to talk about it seriously modulating furnaces. What does it mean people are confused over two stage, three stage modulating variable speed and all that.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, we get that question all the time, and it got our expert.
Speaker 5: Waiting for excellent let's talk to I'm gonna go to my If you're streaming the show, welcome to the show, morons. That's what I affectionately call my YouTube people morons. And then, of course you can be downloading us at any time. I get messages from all over all over the country and world from people who've downloaded us. In fact, let's see, I got well Scilla, Alaska.
Speaker 2: Terry.
Speaker 6: Hey, Terry, Terry is in Alaska.
Speaker 5: He discovered our show and he said he just wanted to say hi, and then I'm going to send him some cool swag. He sent me his address on Wilder Avenue there, but it says unit ay. Now I'm not sure if that's an apartment or a storage unit. And Terry, welcome to the show. Then I have some people in Ireland and Russia, so yeah, it's very cool. Oh really, apropos for Ireland isn't today? It isn't today's Yeah, Saint Patty's sake, let's go to a Brent. Brent, you want to talk about a garage door?
Speaker 6: Brent, what's going on? By the way, I hope you're not allergic to cats, Brent? Go ahead.
Speaker 8: So yeah, So we hired a company called Goole Garage Doors back in August of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 6: What was the name of it? What garage doors?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Duly? Okay, okay? And where'd you find dooly garage doors?
Speaker 9: I found in online?
Speaker 8: So they're okay, and so we hired. They came up and looked at our building. We were putting up a forty by fifty building have a pretty good sized Roger door on it. It's like a thirteen or fourteen foot tall, roughly groage door by sixteen. Pete Wide put the order in with him, gave him a check for a down payment, and then it took till February of twenty twenty four for us to get Wait a minute, the garage door in.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 5: Why would you till February So August, September, October, November, December, January, February some count in seven months correct, September, October, November, December tenty.
Speaker 8: Why any number of things.
Speaker 5: They So it was actually delivered in February.
Speaker 8: Yeah, delivered and finally installed in February. So there were several times that the door came in, got shipped into the supplier, and then the contractor that we.
Speaker 10: Hired to go get it and it was the wrong door.
Speaker 5: So now this was February of twenty twenty five or twenty twenty four.
Speaker 8: February twenty twenty four, Oh my.
Speaker 6: Gosh, okay, so keep going bro okay.
Speaker 8: So finally we get the door installed in February, and upon installation there was two panels that were damaged, the glass where the glass, the panel where the glasses to look out the door.
Speaker 5: And then did they damage it or was it delivered that was it delivered that way or did they damage it?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know for sure because I don't know where or when it got damaged, but it was supposed to be covered under warranty and so and then so there's two panels tom that were damaged like with a dent. And then several panels were bowed because because it sat on a truck or sat in the warehouse for so long.
Speaker 10: That that they were bowed.
Speaker 8: So the Gooley garage door said, hey, man, not a problem, We'll get it.
Speaker 10: It's all gonna be covered into warranty. We took pictures of it.
Speaker 8: I have email exchange.
Speaker 6: Was the whole door warped or just a few panels?
Speaker 8: A few panels. I don't think every panel was warped, but the ones that we noticed were like four or five of the I don't know how many panels. There are six or seven panels, So there was a fair amount of.
Speaker 5: Okay, so anyway, where let's just do this brand, let's do this.
Speaker 6: Where does it stand right now?
Speaker 8: Well, so the door, the door panels came in to the supplier at their warehouse, and that that was supposed to be taken care of sometime in let's say June, April, May June of this year, and suddenly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bro, I mean, you have every reason to be upset. Why haven't they just replaced him? What's the bottom line? What's the bottom line?
Speaker 8: The gal won't return her phone calls, she doesn't return text messages or email.
Speaker 5: Are they are the replacement panels at your place or they still have them?
Speaker 11: Uh, they're not.
Speaker 8: They're at the they're at the manufacturer's distribution somewhere up in Denver.
Speaker 6: Okay, and you need some help just lighting a fire here, Ma, you just need some help. So that's what we need to do. Who do we have Kachina. I'll give them a call.
Speaker 12: Tom.
Speaker 6: We have bow and I are in the studio. Okay.
Speaker 5: We got total ugly in the studio today and ugly pretty.
Speaker 6: They're so ugly they're pretty.
Speaker 5: And we Deputy Doc wants to take this one replacement panels.
Speaker 6: Still not still not still not done.
Speaker 8: Okay, this replacement panels are supposedly in Denver at the warehouse.
Speaker 6: But well we'll see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, we're gonna have We're gonna have one of our deputies, we call them. Our volunteers are executives seriously retired.
Speaker 6: We're gonna have them look into it. Or have deputy Doc. He's a retired doc. Let's get this thing done. This is ridiculous, man, totally ridiculous. So hang on, Brant.
Speaker 5: Anybody have a problem, give us a call. Three h three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I got one text to me. That's a little weird. I got to find out more about it. There's a nonprofit that has a new building they bought in Denver, and they need Excel to turn off the transformer on the property so they can take care of some workarounds and it would be a five minute job.
Speaker 6: And Excel Energy.
Speaker 12: Is like.
Speaker 6: Completely ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Now what I want you to do, Katchina, I'm going to give you the they texted me. I'm going to give you the number of this guy that works at the nonprofit. Okay, his name is Sam. Do you got me, Kachina? Is she listening or she I do?
Speaker 13: I'm only into my third Mimosa, so I'm good.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well that's good. You know, I gotta I gotta give it to you. There, Sam, I'm gonna give you his number. He's with the charity. Now, if he doesn't know why we're calling, tell him. One of his colleagues told us about their problem and we want to help. So there's Sam and his number, and the name of the charity.
Speaker 6: Is let's see what it's called. I'll figure it out.
Speaker 5: Anyway, it's a charity and they're on Bryant Street right now. I think it's called Full Circle. But anyway, let's try to.
Speaker 6: Help this charity out with Excel Excel Energy.
Speaker 5: God what a terrible company it really is. It's a terrible company. I'm Tom Martino. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three two five five. This hour brought to you by waterpros dot net. Listen, you gotta take advantage of this water system thirty nine ninety five. You get the entire water system for softening, doing away with forever chemicals, end chlorine, end softening and drinking water at the kitchen sink with a triple filter reverse osmosis. You will never do better in pricing ever waterpros dot net three O three eight six two five fifty five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Hey, Tom Martino, your troublemaker.
Speaker 5: I'm your troubleshooter three oh three seven with three talk forty five years, just chipping away at problems, questions, complaints. Yeah, so we have handed with us from fix to twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 5: I want to bring up something real quick. Yes, we have our expert available available. Here's here's the first question. First of all, and Mark, do you I know you upgraded your HVA seed, didn't you?
Speaker 6: Mark?
Speaker 14: Yeah, probably about four years ago. I went with a ninety six percenter center.
Speaker 5: Now really and truly do those ninety six, ninety eight ninety five's Is that that's just sea level?
Speaker 7: I believe we're gonna have to get the expert on for this one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to make sure we're.
Speaker 5: Ating like that, because I don't I think everything like the old eighty percenters are eighty percent at sea level.
Speaker 6: Up here they're even worse.
Speaker 5: So a ninety eight percent is still good, no, no matter what higher efficiencies are better.
Speaker 6: But I believe those efficiencies that.
Speaker 5: Are quoted are at sea level, and I don't think they have and don't I've often wondered why they don't have the equivalency of a turbocharger to bring it to sea level. What I mean by that is cars, for example, have a turbo boost.
Speaker 6: And what a turbo boost does.
Speaker 5: At this altitude is it condenses the air as if the car was at sea level. So it gets really what they call turbo performance, but really it's just sea level performance.
Speaker 6: So if you take that same.
Speaker 5: Turbocharged car to sea level, it gets even extra. So the disadvantage of being at altitude is you have thinner air and thinner performance on everything, on airplanes, on everything. So the turbos bring it to normal. I often wondered why they don't compress the air and kind of turbocharge air before it goes into a furnace.
Speaker 6: So did you text too? Could you? When you can?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 6: Who's who are we going to have on? Adam? Yeah? I like Adam one. Adam is a Sap. He really is. He comes from a long line of SAPs. That's his name.
Speaker 5: So bring Adam up when you get a chance. I'm meanwhile, let's talk to Dennis about the truck. Hey, Dennis, talk to me about the truck.
Speaker 15: They yes, you can hear me, Okay.
Speaker 5: Tell me now, now tell me about it. I walked on you a little so twenty thirteen, what F.
Speaker 15: One four pant Normico boost.
Speaker 6: Hide the engine?
Speaker 15: I had Fall's Auto Tech replacing it.
Speaker 6: Now, why do wait? Why did you hold on?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: That's a big that's a big mouthful. Why the hell did you replace the engine?
Speaker 15: It blew an engine? I blew the engine one day coming home from more At.
Speaker 6: How many miles? How many miles?
Speaker 2: Wrong?
Speaker 15: One hundred and eighty eight thousand?
Speaker 6: Okay, So what's going on now?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 15: They had it for eight weeks replace the engine two weeks after I had to take it back. It's leaking oil. So they had it. They said it was the valve covers. I took it back. They were fixed it in eight hours.
Speaker 6: Who replaced it? Who replaced it? Tennis Ball's Auto Tech? Did you say saw?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 5: I did say Saul like like like saw like better call.
Speaker 15: Saul Saul's Auto Tech and Centennial got it?
Speaker 6: Got it? Okay, So keep going, keep going.
Speaker 15: So then in September it started, when I started up, it wouldn't run. It hesitated. Then't icon an opening? Try icon come on my dash's like service engine check engine? So I called him, told him.
Speaker 5: Did you do a rebuild or did you do an exchange. Hey, I got to ask, did.
Speaker 6: You do a rebuild? Did you do an exchange or new?
Speaker 15: Uh, it's twenty one thousand dollars for a motor. I'm assuming it's a rebuild or well, fact, well, I.
Speaker 6: Don't know what. Well, obviously obvious.
Speaker 15: The invoice on me, Tom, but I didn't.
Speaker 11: Check that way.
Speaker 6: But you don't recall.
Speaker 5: You don't recall if they rebuilt what you had, or if they exchanged it for a factory remand or if it was factory new.
Speaker 15: They said it was a factory reman but from the way it was okay, got it? I ask I'd almost think.
Speaker 16: That they just rebuilt what I had because they had.
Speaker 15: To change the motor again because it was leaking. And they said, oh, they took it apart. When they put it back together, the rear seal was leaking, so they had to get a hold of the manufacturer get a new motor. So they had it for ten weeks. I got it back. I had it for three days, still leaking oil.
Speaker 16: Took it back to him, got it for another four days and it's still leaking oil.
Speaker 15: So now I took it back to him this morning. They sitting in noticed to check the invoice and see if I wanted a hey for the work that they're gonna they gotta do now.
Speaker 5: Well, wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, it's under warranty.
Speaker 6: Bro. When did they complete this job?
Speaker 15: They did? I had the first motor put in in May, the second one they supposedly just did the second motor two weeks ago. Wish they had my truck for another ten weeks?
Speaker 6: Wait, and then weeks ago and they had ten weeks. Wait, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa Wait. I took Dennis.
Speaker 16: I took it to him in Okay, got them.
Speaker 15: They had it for ten weeks. I got it.
Speaker 16: Back, got it, Okay, got it. But listen, uh, when I got it back this time that the time that they had.
Speaker 15: Ten weeks, there was like eight different things that there was like no quality control whatsoever done to this vehicle.
Speaker 6: Hey, Dennis, have you ever thought of this? Have you ever thought of this?
Speaker 5: Have you ever thought of having it completely independently looked at to find out what's wrong and then go back to Saul and say, here's what you need to do.
Speaker 15: That's what I need to do.
Speaker 5: That's exactly no, you absolutely need to do it now there's no question in my mind.
Speaker 6: That you need to do that. You need to get a.
Speaker 5: Total independent evaluation from one of our experts, and then then at least you have something to present to Saul.
Speaker 6: Where's your truck right now?
Speaker 15: Right now? It's it solves again. And like I said, they just sent me another notice this morning to approve of.
Speaker 6: Do they wait?
Speaker 5: Do they acknowledge, Dennis?
Speaker 6: Do they acknowledge it's a warranty issue?
Speaker 15: They did the first Yes, yes they did. They told me when they took my truck back, Oh, it's a warranty issue. We're going to handle it.
Speaker 12: So now, okay, I don't.
Speaker 15: Know what they came up with since because yesterday morning I drove our Thursday morning, I drove it to work. I live off a tower in fifty six. I didn't even get a mile to check engine light came on. I turned around and shut off. When I took it to them Friday morning, the check engine light came on again and stayed on.
Speaker 6: So God, is that frustrating. I can't stand it. I can't stand it, man.
Speaker 15: I don't blame you one bity.
Speaker 5: Listen, here's what I want you to do. I want bo Deputy Bow who's in the house. I want him to babysit this for you and get it over to Kevin Caulkin at Shardan Auto Tech for an analysis.
Speaker 6: We really need to do that.
Speaker 5: Then we need to come up with why you have a problem, and then get it done under warranty.
Speaker 6: But the analysis you're gonna have to pay for it. Now.
Speaker 5: I don't think Kevin will be expensive. We'll ask him to do us a favor. But that's what you have to do, Dennis. Without an independent analysis, we're not going to know what's going on.
Speaker 6: I have a feeling it's not the engine.
Speaker 5: I have a feelings where the engine connects to the rear remain, to the transmission and stuff, because that's the only thing different engines would have in common.
Speaker 6: Where do you think it's leaking from.
Speaker 15: Well, the first time they I took it back after the first motor, they said it was the valve cover and they always set at the shop for eight hours while they fixed the valve cover.
Speaker 5: Well, it could be something that sense, It could be something that simple.
Speaker 6: How does it run, though? How does it run?
Speaker 12: Run's great?
Speaker 16: I hadn't good good forty miles an hour.
Speaker 15: It runs good.
Speaker 16: I don't have no confidence in anything.
Speaker 5: Okay, hey, bo, let's get this coordinated with Uncle Kevin over at Shared and Auto Tech.
Speaker 17: I will call Dennis and Uncle Kevin during the break and get something coordinated so we can get Dennis helped out.
Speaker 6: I think that's what we need to do.
Speaker 5: So hold on, sir, you're gonna be in touch with our deputy. You see, we really help people here, That's what that's the name of the game, helping people. Three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We got a lot more to talk about on the Troubleshooter Show. One of the things I want to bring out, speaking of our experts, Frank Duran does market analysis of your home. You might think, well, what the heck's that. That's like a waste of time. No, let me explain this to you. It's really important if you want to know what your house will sell for.
Speaker 6: Frank will do this service free of charge.
Speaker 5: He'll predict based on his thirty years of experience and performance. So you may just want to get an idea, but you don't want to go through a listing, and you don't want to be sold, and you don't want to be you know, he won't do it. He will just come and do that analysis no pressure. Three oh three nine to zero, sixteen twenty two. Frank Durandi real estate Man dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Hi Tom Martine here.
Speaker 5: Trio three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So Kachina, you get voicemail when you call that charity. We're gonna try. I'm going to try to get word to them by text that we need to talk to him and get this thing worked out with Excel Energy. So we got that on the burner. We also have Brent with the garage Door's deputy doc is going to help figure out why Holy garage door can't fix that warranty issue. And then Dennis with his blown engine. We're going to have that coordinated through Deputy bow and uh so we can.
Speaker 6: Get it over to Kevin at Sheridan Auto Tech. See, we have so many resources for you guys. All you have to do is call us.
Speaker 5: We love helping three oh three Martino, you can call twenty four to seven three oh three six two.
Speaker 6: Seven eight four six six.
Speaker 5: So do we have our expert from fix it on Katschina.
Speaker 6: I asked you to call Adam is.
Speaker 12: He on.
Speaker 6: Okay, if you if you could do that for us.
Speaker 5: I'm getting a few texts giving their opinions of modulating furnaces and talking about efficiencies, and I think it's important, so I want to talk about it three oh three seven one three talk.
Speaker 6: Also, I have a question.
Speaker 5: On plumbing on water on the water heaters, the constant flow versus a tank, what would be best for each one? So let's get at them on. Come on, man, let's get them on. Let me expert too, okay, and or text it over to Kelly. Kelly, if you can put down the mimosa just to get somebody on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we would love it if you could.
Speaker 5: Just like maybe put the give the show a little bit of attention. Yeah, give the show a little bit of attention.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what what gener you? What generation are you?
Speaker 5: Because I'm reading about all the nightmares with the generations and the burnt work burnout and all that, and.
Speaker 6: I don't don't understand the work burnout thing.
Speaker 5: Especially gen Z. So gen Z goes up to I think gen Z goes up to twenty six. Yes, yeah, sounds right, about twenty six years old.
Speaker 6: So what the hell does someone twenty six have to be burned out on? Seriously, here's the word that they use.
Speaker 7: It's boundaries. And it used to be in the back in the day, if you had a tough boss, you'd go and have a beer and talk to friends about it. Now a tough boss is crossing boundaries and they just simply can't take it. I'm finally to the age where I'm the old lady yelling about these people like, well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on a serious on a serious note, there is a big problem with the workforce. From twenty one to about twenty one to about twenty eight, there's this group. As they get toward thirty, they're starting to settle in but let's say, and here's some of the things that I found. I actually was so tired of reading about some of these surveys that I actually called people I know and observed and talked to them about their work and their job. I called people all over, people that some of my sponsors. I called some of the employees, and they all know me because you know, I say, Hey, this is Tom.
Speaker 6: I want to ask some questions.
Speaker 5: And it's not about your company necessarily, but it's it's about work.
Speaker 6: I want to I want to see what the problem is.
Speaker 5: And this is what I don't honest to God, this is the one thing I don't understand.
Speaker 6: Maybe you can help me with this. How old are you, Kelly Kachina? Are you young? You're younger?
Speaker 13: I always round up. I'm like fifty. Oh god, I don't even know how old are you are?
Speaker 12: Not?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm like fifty four?
Speaker 6: You are not? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kelly, Kelly, come on, I thought you were honest to God, thirty five.
Speaker 6: You're not in your fifties. Yeah, yeah, Holy crap, get me some of that potent you're taking. Jen Are you kidding me? No? No, no, yeah, kinda. You're not supposed to ask age. Fine, how old are you? Thirty seven? Okay, so you're closer to that age.
Speaker 7: Wait, you didn't have the response.
Speaker 6: Of Kelly, you are not. No, you are the best response.
Speaker 5: No, but come on, man, anybody that sees Kelly you would. And you know Susan is an other one. Sue's looks like a spring chicken. And uh whereas Mark boy battle driven.
Speaker 13: No, everybody road hard put up with I'm younger because I'm short.
Speaker 6: That's the whole. No, it is no whatever reason it is, take it. It's because you look younger. That's why. I mean, there's no two ways about it.
Speaker 13: No, it's because I'm sure you.
Speaker 5: Know I used to look younger and then I got the hell knocked out of me. But I used to not look necessarily younger, but all okay for my age. But man, had that that's passed me by. Now here's what I want to talk about. When I talked and interviewed these it was put right in line with some of the surveys, and I mean this, I want perspective from people. If you have a twenty one to twenty six year old child or twenty eight year old I know Mark has. Both of their kids are in that in that time frame, and they're doing spectacularly okay, and they don't have this itis?
Speaker 6: And the itis is what do I call it?
Speaker 5: The They let me explain it the best I can. The employees are upset because they don't agree with their bosses.
Speaker 6: Now I'm not talking.
Speaker 5: About philosophy and politics, nothing like that. They don't agree on how the company is being run, or the jobs are being dolled out or supervised, or the efficiency of their operation. Now, this is what I don't understand. If they have a job to do, why do they care? In other words, why do they let that stress them out? If they think the whole company is screwed up? Hey, Tom, why do they really lose?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 13: Can I tell you something very sad that you're going to freak out about? So when Adam was at his last job and had to interview people in that generation, they bought their parents to negotiate their soar.
Speaker 6: Oh, come on, come on, I.
Speaker 13: Told you you're not gonna like it. But that's what happened.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 7: I did have a family friend who the parent was upset about something that happened with the grown son.
Speaker 6: And he was in his late twenties.
Speaker 7: And she asked me if she should call the workplace, and I said, hell to the No.
Speaker 6: I mean, how mortifying for the no. I mean I can't believe it.
Speaker 13: No, no, I can't believe this was at a job interview.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they actually brought you. So what did they say? Here's my mom?
Speaker 13: Yes, this is my mom. She's going to speak for me. And that is how Adam had to traverse through that Meyer.
Speaker 6: That is weird. Is this Adam Sap? No, that's my husband. Oh by the way, oh Adam. By the way, speaking of Adams, though, did you get our expert on?
Speaker 13: Not yet?
Speaker 6: Yeah? See, so now now I'm believing you're fifty four. I'm believing that. Oh my god? What is this with the lapse here?
Speaker 5: How many times have I been telling you I want to get our expert on?
Speaker 6: Anyway?
Speaker 5: We have more coming up? Can someone shed light? In fact, I'd love to talk to one of you brats. I excuse me, I'm sorry, young adults from twenty one to twenty eight. No, on a serious note, why do you waste the energy worrying about your company and how efficiency it is or how the boss is doing or how you can improve things.
Speaker 6: It's a bad thing.
Speaker 14: What Mark, she's in that age range.
Speaker 6: Yeah. But Addie. Yeah, but Mark. The one thing about Addie is she doesn't let that get her down. She works within she works within her.
Speaker 14: Why are you assuming everybody from those ages is like that?
Speaker 2: Jesus?
Speaker 6: Now did I? I don't believe I use the word everyone.
Speaker 5: No, there is no I said, I said, I talked to a bunch of people and agreed with the surveys, and the survey said a lot of people who.
Speaker 6: Are twenty one to twenty eight are they're.
Speaker 5: They're preoccupied with how bad the company is, or how how they're doing things.
Speaker 6: Wrong, and how they're Miles Jesus changing. He loves a company you work, No, because he's Miles. Miles loves it.
Speaker 5: But but one thing I know about Miles he's made suggestions on improvements, not in a way that he's bitching about it, but improvements, I mean, of course, and that that obviously because you know with Mark and Seue's DNA, you would you would expect it, and.
Speaker 6: The same with Addie.
Speaker 5: I'd love to talk to them, though, Mark, if you could get either one of them, I'd love to talk to him.
Speaker 14: And I also have a tech Unfortunately, one who is in law school right now, and one's running a Walmart, so I doubt they could come on during the day. You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Now, Now, I have a twenty eight year old who just texted me, W.
Speaker 2: Did you see?
Speaker 12: How?
Speaker 6: Did you see?
Speaker 12: How?
Speaker 14: I bragged about him? All in one sentence.
Speaker 5: I know, and I think, Mark, you know what when you when you can brag brag? I mean, what the hell? You have a lot to brag about. We have more coming up on the Troubleshare Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, I'm told that we are getting the expert on, but I want to go to this twenty eight year old guy who texted me, and well, I assume it's a guy.
Speaker 6: Maybe I'm wrong, but anyway.
Speaker 5: It says, Tom, I'm twenty eight years young, and I can tell you this older generation is the worst people. First of all, it's just say, are the worst people, sir and awesome? Anyway, are the worst people to deal with fifty years old and older, especially the ones with family wealth like Mommy and Daddy money, okay, who've taken over the company.
Speaker 6: I can probably see that.
Speaker 5: And it says I've been working forty plus hours since I was out of college and I only know a handful of people like me.
Speaker 6: Okay, but you didn't tell me what's wrong.
Speaker 5: What is actually wrong with the people who are fifty years and older who run the company, especially for Mommy and Daddy.
Speaker 6: I don't know exactly. I mean you said, yes, you know the worst people to deal with, but in what way?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 5: I will admit there is nothing worse than unearned money.
Speaker 6: I mean, you want to talk about jerks.
Speaker 5: Old money makes jerks, but new money can make jerks too. I knew a guy who won the lottery and became a He didn't be excuse me. I was just gonna say he'd became a complete a hole.
Speaker 6: But he didn't. He didn't.
Speaker 5: He was always that money is an amplifier. Yes, it really is an amplifier of what you are. If you're a good person and you're magnanimous and all of that, most likely you're going to stay the same. Do you think money actually changes the root of a person?
Speaker 6: Do you, Mark?
Speaker 5: Do you think I mean somebody would of course you do, Okay, in what way?
Speaker 6: In what way?
Speaker 14: It's different for every person.
Speaker 5: But do you think, like at their core, if someone inherited let's say one hundred million, that they would literally at their core change you think Do you think of course they could become You think it could turn a nice person into an idiot or a jerk or the other way around.
Speaker 6: Sure, I don't know. I just don't think so. Now, one thing I do know, Mark, and you know this.
Speaker 5: When I was at Channel four and later at Fox thirty one, I did stories.
Speaker 6: I've done stories about.
Speaker 5: People who won the lottery, and there were so many of them that were broke within two to three years after winning the lottery, absolutely broke.
Speaker 6: Is that unbelievable? Why?
Speaker 5: Because money in and of itself doesn't make you wealthy, wealth it does on paper, but then to sustain that wealth unique knowledge and experience.
Speaker 6: We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure Thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Wave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rit tough you need so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come run ins as can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one.
Speaker 6: Three eight two five five Welcome.
Speaker 5: We're here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complains, you know, like like the I like to say this, the things that tick you off, the things that make you tick. We have some questions about a phone. Who should I take first. Did you say, Shannon, should I take a Peggy? Okay, Peggy, what's going on with you?
Speaker 6: Peggy? Welcome anybody with.
Speaker 5: A problem question in Playton call three oh three seven one three talk when we're in the studio seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: You can always call twenty four to seven.
Speaker 5: Uh three oh three Martino three O three six two seven eight four sixty six.
Speaker 6: Peggy, what's going on with your home insurance?
Speaker 18: Okay, it's been canceled. And I've been working on this for a while and have learned that.
Speaker 10: The governor of.
Speaker 18: Colorado, I guess, has signed the law that if your insurance is canceled for certain reason, then I'm not sure if it's the state or if the state had contracts with insurance companies to ensure people like me.
Speaker 14: Yeah, there's a state back point. If we get Brian Burg.
Speaker 6: Do we have Brian on?
Speaker 14: No, we need to get him on about this. So it's something it's pretty new.
Speaker 6: It is pretty damn new.
Speaker 5: In fact, I just read about it over the weekend. What it is, it's the right to be insured. And what they're doing is there somehow making a pooled insurance coverage.
Speaker 6: It's very.
Speaker 14: And there's limits. It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 5: It's all a suv, no replacement, and it's all just very basic, you know, to cover really your lender and your necessities. And you know why because Colorado and California both have been having extraordinary losses and as a result, a lot of a lot of people are.
Speaker 6: Pulling out a lot of insurance companies.
Speaker 5: So in order to do something about it, the governor is trying to get this together. Mark, I don't believe it. Did it go through yet?
Speaker 14: And that's a Brian question. I just don't know.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll tell you what then.
Speaker 5: Brian Burns. Brian is with us, Brian Burns Compass Insurance. Brian, Yeah, what's going on with this state pool that we're hearing about for people who are otherwise unensurable?
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's the Colorado Fair Plan is what it's called. And it's they haven't officially given a start date, but it will be. It sounds like within the next month probably you'll see it, Okay, live and actually knowing.
Speaker 6: And it's called the Colorado.
Speaker 19: Fair Fair Plan.
Speaker 6: So what do you know about it?
Speaker 19: I went through a whole training session about it. I just learned to learn about it, so I went through it. It is truly to your point of what you just called. It is the accurate statement. It's of insurance of last resorts. So you're not even eligible for it unless you've been declined by all standard markets, which makes sense. But then the extra step for Colorado is you have to have a you have to be turned out from the excess markets too. In other words, all these characters that are non admitted, you have to be turned down from them before going to the fair Plan. So hey, Brian, Yeah, yeah, yep.
Speaker 6: Is it expensive and poor coverage in general?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Right, listen to this Tom right on their website, they literally say this is Colorado Fairplan website dot com. So fair Plan policies come with substantially higher premiums and offer limited coverage. That's the worst advertising I've ever heard.
Speaker 10: It is everything.
Speaker 19: Come as actual cash value to structure everything. There's no other option to it. You can't get replacement costs. It's named perils. There's no liability on the policy. You have to go try to get liability elsewhere. It is as basic as you can get. Maximum coverage is seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars for personal lines. For like a residential type policy, the most you can get is seven hundred and fifty thousand and then well very limited coverage.
Speaker 5: Brian, what are people doing that have homes more than that?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 19: I will tell you right now, I have yet to have been stumped and not able to find insurance through the access market. That's my point. It's I haven't had to go to fair because I haven't ever had a say.
Speaker 5: Explain what the access market is. Explain what the excess market.
Speaker 19: People would probably know an excess carrier being Lloyd's to London. That's like the biggest one you probably have heard of.
Speaker 12: So it is.
Speaker 19: There are brokerages out there that only work with agents, and they represent these carriers that are not admitted into the State of Colorado, in other words, underneath the umbrella the insurance commissioner, and so they can write their own forms, they can have their own underwriting standards. They don't have to file for rates through the State of Colorado, so it gives them way more flexibility, and they can charge appropriate premium for the risk at hand, and they can do things like have large deductibles for fire, you know, losses. They can do all sorts of stuff but it gets it to where they can present a quote.
Speaker 5: So if we made a list of states where it's very difficult to get insurance and where insurers are lead, California, Colorado are we are we like in the top.
Speaker 19: We're in a it's really just certain areas of Colorado. California it is number one by a landslide. But Colorado, Yes, especially in the mountaine, you know, like the evergreens and areas where people are building homes where you just it's just a high risk area. You can't it's very difficult to find insurance. So yeah, and Colorado has been a very difficult state as far as trying to make money from insurance companies. But that's more of the hail and they're dealing with that. And so I do think Colorado is going to come around as becoming more competitive for insurance in the coming years. But right now, yeah, the fire risk areas are going to be very difficult.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now here's the deal.
Speaker 5: When you have a problem getting insurance, what would the problem? Why is there a problem? Let's talk about the individual. In short, hers was canceled. Peggy, did they give you a reason as to why you were canceled?
Speaker 18: Oh no, they just mentioned the fact that I had had three claims.
Speaker 6: Well within the that's the reason, dear, that's the reason.
Speaker 11: In the letter.
Speaker 12: In the In the letter they said.
Speaker 20: We don't have to tell you the reason why we're doing this, but as you read through you figure it out.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so Brian, the reason you're being non renewed, not canceled un the sailing, Right, You're just that and that's there. That is their ability, and they're right they can.
Speaker 18: Non renew of course, of course, Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 5: I was I was asking you just that, like like, basically, they don't have to tell you, But so does that mean they can cancel you for any reason, although it's usually for excess claims, right.
Speaker 21: Yeah, they can.
Speaker 19: Yeah. Again, there's two different versions. I'm not trying to nitpick. I just want to make sure they know that the listeners know the difference canceled is being canceled is like midterm, Like you're in the middle of the term and they cancel your policy. There is very few reasons that they can do that. The customers are very protected from that. Not pay of course would be one, but non renewal they can do that. They can choose to do that for any reason or for no reason. Word we've chose.
Speaker 6: Well, what did you say? What did you say? They're protected against.
Speaker 19: Canceling, like midterm canceling, like if you're in the middle of a policy term, if you have a twelve month policy term, it's very difficult for an insurance company build to cancel you in the middle of your term. There have to be a very I mean.
Speaker 5: I never even knew that. I never even knew they would do that. They actually will do that at times.
Speaker 19: No pay is what I said. That would be the most relevant reason. The other one is a substantial change in risk. Let's say they find out that you have started running out of your house and you didn't tell them, Well, they could choose to cancel the policy, and they have to notify you, you have to give you notice. But if there's a substantial change in risk, they can choose to send out a cancelation. That is very rare. My point on her is she didn't get canceled, she got non renewed.
Speaker 16: And so I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 6: Meant I meant non renewal.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry I understood the wrong terminology.
Speaker 9: Sorry about that, gotcha?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, No, No, that's okay, Peg, But you're bringing up a good topic and and it's happening all over right now. What are some other bad states, Brian? Around us? It would would it naturally be like Nebraska, Kansas and all of that around US.
Speaker 19: No, Texas is a very very difficult state.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 19: They just have the worst of all losses. It seems like Florida, of course, has always been a disaster just because of you know, propensity to hurricanes, and you know, like Louisiana, especially further south in the New Orleans, that kind of area is a very tough place. So you can kind of picture in your head, where is it the states that deal with you know, a lot of catastrophe losses, those are the ones for her to get insurance in all right.
Speaker 5: So Brian is with Compass Insurance Group and they also do free insurance checkups, which means you can call them and they'll let you know if you're paying too much for what they can get you, or if you're under insured which could be dangerous, or maybe you're over insured. You have insurance you don't need a lot of that is done with the free insurance checkup.
Speaker 6: The Insurance Healthcenter.
Speaker 5: Dot Com three h three nine nine six nine. Go with a sure thing versus best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Wait time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three Talk Seve one three eight two five five Steve your question about home insurance?
Speaker 6: What is it? Steve? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 22: Well, we are also being in shade non renewaled here in another month or two from travelers.
Speaker 5: Is this?
Speaker 12: See?
Speaker 6: Is this Steve the painter?
Speaker 23: Oh?
Speaker 12: Tom, you didn't have to say that.
Speaker 23: You didn't have to say that.
Speaker 24: Yeah that's me.
Speaker 5: Okay, So well, no, I wanted to say it because I wanted to talk about your spring coming up.
Speaker 6: And painting and all that.
Speaker 5: Because I know I got you coming over to my place, so talk about non renewal.
Speaker 6: Did you have several claims? What happened?
Speaker 19: No, No, we just moved in.
Speaker 22: Huh, we just moved in here. We're the new house at Elizabeth. We've been there maybe ten months. We redid a bunch of remodel on the inside, so we had debre outside and trash and things were just all cleaned up.
Speaker 6: Now, Uh, they're all that has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah it does.
Speaker 22: Oh yeah, we they got a list of different things, like we have a couple of dead limbs on the trees, which they're not dead, they were.
Speaker 6: Just they literally listed a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 22: Yes, the fireplace, Uh, brick on the on the fireplace, there was a couple of bricks up there there weren't supposed to be up there. I climbed up there and took them off. So it's fine, but they're still going to non renewals.
Speaker 9: Who was who was the carrier travelers?
Speaker 6: And and are you going through compass?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 22: Yes, yeah, we've been with with Brian and that, and you know.
Speaker 23: It's just discouraging because you know, we just moved in.
Speaker 22: We're going to redo the outside, there's going to there's still a lot of work on the outside, which is coming.
Speaker 23: I can't do everything at once, but it's.
Speaker 22: It's that type of thing if we're they're just going to non renewse and we tried to deal with them and they don't want to deal with us, and so now we're scrambling for another ensuranus.
Speaker 6: But you didn't have a lot of claims? Did you?
Speaker 12: None? Zero zero?
Speaker 6: Did the house have claims?
Speaker 5: Do you know like the previous owners, because I think if the house is in an area that gets a lot of claims for.
Speaker 6: Hell or water or wind, that might do it too. Do you know if the house has had a lot of claims?
Speaker 22: No, we talked to town Hall soundhoul Uh basically put it as we don't know the claims.
Speaker 12: But they put new.
Speaker 23: Sighting on the house.
Speaker 25: We went through and did a lot.
Speaker 23: Of new electrical, new a lot of new plumbing.
Speaker 22: It's a ninety year old well we thought it was.
Speaker 21: A ninety year old house.
Speaker 25: It could be closer to one hundred year old house.
Speaker 22: So it has issues and we're addressing them one by one and we keep telling the insurance company.
Speaker 25: Yeah, we're dealing with.
Speaker 22: This and we're fixing this up, and we're going do that fixing this summer this spring. Can't do it during the winter because the ground is frozen.
Speaker 23: And they still again.
Speaker 22: They just don't want to talk to us, like, no, we don't want to talk to you. We're canceling you and you find another insurance company.
Speaker 23: Yeah, so that's where we.
Speaker 5: Has Compass been able, Has Compass been able to find alternatives?
Speaker 22: Yes, and they're looking. And the thing is between that and yes, it is going to be quite a bit expensive, and they're.
Speaker 25: Willing to work with.
Speaker 23: Us on some other insurance companies. But it's like, oh my god, just.
Speaker 22: To turn in the claim.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you could have.
Speaker 22: A ten thousand dollars, you know, money.
Speaker 21: Up front in order to fix it.
Speaker 6: No, I know. So listen, man, you you're star quality painting. We love you.
Speaker 5: What are you doing for people this spring? Let's do Let's do a screaming deal, all right?
Speaker 21: I talked to Tasha.
Speaker 22: Sure, we're going to do a screaming deal. It's springtimes coming, guys. So we're going to do like fifteen percent off any exterior, full exteriors. And you know me, Tom, I'm a perfectionist twitterver.
Speaker 5: And no, no, And when you say that, you're not just you know, and I mean this sincerely. You're not just upping the price to take fifteen percent off. It's going to be a true fifteen percent discount. And you guys are quality, and you're you're pretty damn inexpensive anyway compared to others, and you do a great job, so that's certainly worth it. Fifteen percent off any exterior job. Now, is there a minimum on that exterior job?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 22: Like say Tom, you know to me, as long as long as we're busy, I mean, we put it this wy, I'll come out and paint a shit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's whatever, this is busy, I just like to.
Speaker 6: I'll just like, okay, give a number out.
Speaker 5: Give a number out for Star Quality Painting on referralss dot com. Fifteen percent off any exterior job.
Speaker 22: Give a number, okay, office phone number three oh three nine four eight eight seven six five.
Speaker 5: Guys, if you're looking for good people, there's good people, family owned and operated fifteen percent off Star Quality Painting three oh three nine four eight eighty seven sixty five. Thanks Steve. I got to move on now. And uh, Jennifer has an issue with being fired. Jennifer, what's going on?
Speaker 26: Good morning? I was terminated this morning, and I was told the reasoning was that I had thirty five complaints against me in one month from customers stating that I was rude and disrespectful.
Speaker 6: But today, my god, this.
Speaker 5: Is the first My goodness, Now, what position.
Speaker 6: Did you have?
Speaker 26: I was a utility clerk. I live in Wolsenburg.
Speaker 6: And now what does that mean? A utility clerk?
Speaker 26: I took the water and the gas payments?
Speaker 5: And wait a minute, they said, thirty five thirty five complaints? Are these people that walk in or are these people that called in?
Speaker 2: Or what?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 26: The manager said that they were customers. They had called him for wow, one month?
Speaker 6: What would assume you want a lot of complaints? So do you feel that you had some kind of right to be warned?
Speaker 26: Yes, sir, And what is now you first day I've ever heard of that.
Speaker 5: No, I know what you're saying, But what I want to know is this, what is the company policy on this kind of thing? Because that's the only thing that matters. There is no law that says they have to warn you. You understand that, so as far as the job goes, there's nothing you can argue about and say, you know, you didn't do this right. You didn't do that right unless they're violating their own company policy.
Speaker 26: I wasn't even allowed to get my personal belongings and take them with me. They told me they would get those to me at a different time. I was escorted out of the building by a police officer.
Speaker 5: Wow, man, they have a jones for you here, Jennifer. I don't know why.
Speaker 14: I mean, there probably them to add to the thirty five complaints.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Yeah, that is excessive. Do you think they made it up the complaints? Huh?
Speaker 26: I think so because I'm visually I'm visually handicapped, and I had special computer software on my desk that helped me to see.
Speaker 6: I was And what well, then why would they make up service? I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 5: What does that have to do with them making up complaints against.
Speaker 26: You so they couldn't let me go for my handicap?
Speaker 6: How long, a man, that's the real reason?
Speaker 9: Three years?
Speaker 6: Ten months? I think? Wait? How long? Three years?
Speaker 26: Yes, sir, I started as I volunteered first, I volunteered for a whole entire year.
Speaker 5: Could they say thirty five complaints? Thirty five complaints?
Speaker 6: And how long?
Speaker 26: And one month?
Speaker 5: And you've been there for three years, yes, sir, like I said, I, and you never had another problem?
Speaker 26: Nope. And I've even had to Did they give an example?
Speaker 9: Nope.
Speaker 26: I didn't even get any documentation they handed I don't think they have to. And they handed me my last check and escorted me out the door. I was only allowed to get my coat and my purse. I couldn't have anything else.
Speaker 5: Are you eligible for un Are you eligible for unemployment?
Speaker 26: I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 6: Of course I don't either been fired. I don't know.
Speaker 5: When you're fired for cause, though, I don't think you are eligible.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, you can. She's definitely eligible.
Speaker 6: She can get unemployment.
Speaker 14: Why Mark, Well, because it's Colorado. I mean they handed out like pez candy.
Speaker 6: Oh no, that I agree with. But technically this is fired for cause.
Speaker 14: It doesn't matter. If she was fired for cause, she'll still get unemployment. Now she walked out, that would be a different story.
Speaker 26: No, I was escorted out the door. I was called into the conference room by the city adminsison.
Speaker 14: We had a curiosity, and be honest, I realized you weren't rude, But if why would people think you were rude? I mean over the phone.
Speaker 6: Just would there be thirty five complaints? Man, that's a lot.
Speaker 26: I've had customers. I've had customers literally tell me how pleasant I was, how much time I took to sit on the phone with them and explain their utility built line by line. And I've had customers that would come in to pay their utility bill and wouldn't let anybody else wait on them.
Speaker 6: But me, I just don't. I don't believe that they would make it up. I just am I naive. I just don't think they would. I don't know tyty five complaints.
Speaker 27: Nobody gets thirty five complaints in one month after they've been doing a job for that long.
Speaker 6: I have a question just come up.
Speaker 5: So what are you saying, Doc, Well, are you saying they did make it up?
Speaker 6: Trying to get around the ADA? That's possible, okay.
Speaker 27: I mean there's all sorts of restrictions and complications when you're dealing with somebody who has a disability that that are protected by law, and so this is what their way to get around it.
Speaker 26: That's why I was Yeah, but this is the first time I've ever been fired, and I.
Speaker 6: Don't know when you say advice Here's what I want to know. Here's what I want to know.
Speaker 5: When you say advice, what kind of advice do you think we could have given you? Do you think you have some special rights to get your job back?
Speaker 12: Sure?
Speaker 26: Well I don't. I don't think I I don't know how to freeze it. Shouldn't I have been had a verbal warning or a written warning.
Speaker 6: I would have thought so. I would have required though it's not required. No, it's not required. Think of a.
Speaker 14: Big company, you know, a huge media company when they get rid of people across the board. Everybody's escorted out of the building. No one knows anything up front, so they don't go crazy. It's this is as normal as it gets.
Speaker 26: And I wasn't allowed to take any of my personal belongings with me.
Speaker 14: That's weird, Jennifer.
Speaker 28: What city agency are you working for?
Speaker 26: It was City of Wolsenburg and that's W A, L, S, E.
Speaker 29: N, B U R G.
Speaker 5: Yeah we're not as well that but thank you. What about what department?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 26: Utilities?
Speaker 5: So what kind of utilities does Wilsonburgh sell their employees? I mean, excuse me, their their their residents.
Speaker 26: Like like Denver, your water company and your guess company. Okay, okay, your furnace and things.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, yeah, some municipalities do have franchises like that. Okay, do we have anyone we can check with unemployment law?
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 5: You might have something with Americans with Disabilities Act. You may because you're suspecting.
Speaker 6: Do you know that?
Speaker 5: Listen to this one free of charge, you can put in a complaint. In fact, it's required that you put in a complaint before pursuing legal action with the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission, the EEOC Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Okay, it's required. You're not allowed to bring a lawsuit unless you first go to EEOC. And EEOC basically says it looks bad or it looks good. In other words, it not looks good or bad. Here's what they say, we think you have an issue. You can go to court, or they'll say, we don't see any discrimination.
Speaker 6: Why don't you start there? Why don't you start there? Really, the worst.
Speaker 5: Thing that will happen is that they'll, you know, tell them you've been there three years and one month. In one month, they said you garnered thirty five complaints and immediately dismiss you and that you were never advised no employment evaluations, and that you suspect that they're trying to get around Americans with Disabilities Act because you're blind.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's what.
Speaker 5: So it's the Equal Opportunity, the Equal employment. It's EEOC. You can google it and find it anywhere. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three two five five CMG Financial for your next loan. They're doing mortgage loans, reverse loans, conventional loans, and the all in one loan, which of course is really spectacular. It's a thirty year line of credit and you're given credit for every dime you have in the bank against your average daily balance.
Speaker 6: Three oh three eight A two six six seventy nine.
Speaker 5: Ask for John Partner and lending dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of entrer ands companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here, Jesse has a suggestion for Jennifer and unemployment. Jennifer said she was fired from Wallsenburg for having thirty five complaints in one month. She had been there three years, never had a complaint. She thinks they're firing her because she's blind. I don't know, Jesse, what's your suggestion?
Speaker 29: Yeah, Tom, thanks for taking this call. Sounds like Jennifer needs the assistance of an employment lawyer if she is.
Speaker 5: But what do you think was violated, Jessie? What do you think is going on?
Speaker 29: If she can prove that she was wrongfully terminated because of discrimination, she would fired based on protected characteristic like disability. If she doesn't know what you know, If she can't believe that there's thirty five people called in, I mean, she's in the best position to know. Did she piss off thirty five people this month? Or is this you know? I don't think any of us know the answer except for Jennifer, and so to say, oh, I can't believe Wolsenberg would fire her because because.
Speaker 11: You know it would make something up.
Speaker 23: I mean, we never know what anybody's going to do.
Speaker 29: So I have the name of a really good employment lawyer in the Denerals.
Speaker 5: By the way, we would love we would love the name of an employment attorney. And I'll tell you why we always have situations like this come up.
Speaker 29: Yeah, Now, she is a really high powered, very busy lawyer, so I'm not sure you should probably call her and see if she wants people referred to her, because I'm pretty sure she has more work than she can handle at the moment. But I'm happy to give you the number, the name and number, maybe offline, so not every she doesn't get flooded with calls to pass along to Jennifer.
Speaker 26: Because this gal is great and if she can't take the.
Speaker 29: Case, I'm sure she can. I hope she could recommend somebody else to Jennifer. I mean, Jennifer probably doesn't want to be reinstated because it would be a toxic work environment for her, but she might be able to get back pay damages, et cetera. So I think this.
Speaker 5: Scal is what just on the surface, What on the surface, what did it sound like to you?
Speaker 29: I believe that that. I mean, maybe maybe there was one complaint, maybe there was two, but thirty five, like Mark was saying, that's sounds that's a ridiculous number. And if Jennifer doesn't know what they're talking about, and I trust her, you know she knows herself. If she pissed off thirty five people this month, is she still on the line, by the way, Yeah, Oh fantastic.
Speaker 6: No, I don't, I don't. I don't believe she is.
Speaker 5: No, But thank you, Jesse, I appreciate it. Now you're going to give us the name of that attorney off the air.
Speaker 29: Yeah, I'd love to.
Speaker 5: Okay, Kelly, get the name of that attorney off the air.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three A two five five. Okay.
Speaker 5: Now, Kelvin has a problem with he's been working with bo BO. Is there a resolution to this problem?
Speaker 17: Yes, we ended up after a few calls. We have a successful resolution.
Speaker 28: Of this wash machine. And I'm going to let Calvin the caller explain a little bit.
Speaker 5: All right, let's let's let's let him do it right after the break. Let's take a quick break. I'm Tom Martine three oh three seven one three A two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Mars, you know here's three three seven one three talks seven three two five five.
Speaker 6: What was the problem? Bo real coush machine?
Speaker 28: Okay? And then nutshell?
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 17: Calvin's mom bought a wash machine from Factory Appliance outlet, I think in November, and it was like.
Speaker 6: It was covered by their extended warrant.
Speaker 17: They purchased an extended four year warranty from the Factory Appliance outlet and they've been out a few times to repair it, and in a nutshell, they could not repair it anymore. And they said that they would have that they would only give them a three hundred and eighty dollars credit on the worky to come in and buy a new.
Speaker 28: Wash machine for one thousand dollars. So I'd like to talk a little more about it.
Speaker 6: So what ended up happening? Kelvin? We only have a few seconds here. What happened?
Speaker 23: After Polder made a few phone calls?
Speaker 24: The owner of a blaring factory called on Friday or.
Speaker 16: Picked up back on Wednesday and said.
Speaker 24: They were going to deliver a brand new worker at note yard as long as I would go on and write a good review.
Speaker 17: Nice isn't that the company stepped up and got him a brand and hey.
Speaker 5: They deserve it. Hold on a second, we'll come right back. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until your content leave time for an.
Speaker 5: Insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yea with.
Speaker 1: News you need advice? Who you don't have?
Speaker 2: Come run in as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 6: Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. We are here solving problems.
Speaker 5: Answering questions, sake and complaints, and making your life a little easier. So let's go to the phones without further aduce. So basically, Kelvin bought a washing machine at Appliance Factory Outlet and he had an extended warranty with him and they couldn't fix it. After a while, they were offering him a credit toward a new one. The credit wasn't a total insult compared to what he paid, but he thought, you know, what can we do better?
Speaker 6: So Bow reached out to Appliance Factory Outlet and the result was he was called by the owner. And what did the owner tell you, Kelvin?
Speaker 24: That if I would write a good review on their website for you know, all the trouble that we had, that they would replace the machine and they would have one delivered Saturday two thirty. In my god, it was there at two fifteen on Saturday.
Speaker 5: Wow, I don't think that. And by the way, how do people feel about that? I don't feel that's bad for them wanting a good review for what they did.
Speaker 21: No, no, sir, I wrote on there that I think so, you know, Troubleshooters reached out to them, also helped out with the situation.
Speaker 19: And good job, Bo, yes, good.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, Bo, good Bo, and you know what that deserves. I haven't used my dinger in a while. Hold on here, I got to use my dinger.
Speaker 6: There it goes, there, it goes. I'm glad you got kill sure the opportunity.
Speaker 28: Thank you, Thanks Calvin.
Speaker 5: Now that's pretty damn good. I want to talk to Sam. Sam's got a problem I want to help with. Sam is with a nonprofit. Who's your nonprofit?
Speaker 6: Sam?
Speaker 25: He's on the Full Circle Program?
Speaker 6: And what does the Full Circle program do?
Speaker 30: We serve of adolescents and young adults struggling with stubs into use and other destructive behaviors that serve young people and their families.
Speaker 5: And you recently acquired a building, and what is the issue with Excel that we can help with?
Speaker 30: So really, simply, we're obviously trying to get the building up and running as quickly as possible, and we need our service or yes, we need our power shut off for a day so our electrician can go in and get some work done. And Excel said that they wouldn't be able to shut our power off for a day until April. So I got an email from them saying, now.
Speaker 6: This doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 5: They simply have to go in and turn off service, and they say you have to wait till April.
Speaker 30: Yeah, yeah, they don't have a dates available to do that until April.
Speaker 5: I mean, what may I ask a stupid question, Sam, Why can't your master electrician just turn off the main switch?
Speaker 10: That's a little bit above my pay grade.
Speaker 30: But uh, you know, because I'm not an electrician, but I know that he's really good at what he does, So I'm sure there's I'm sure there's some good reason for him not doing that. They gotta do some reass.
Speaker 6: No, no, I don't doubt it.
Speaker 5: So you guys want to do everything right, You want to do the electrical work the way it should be. In order to do the electrical work, you need the main switch turned off. I guess what I don't understand is why the main switch. Every building and panel has a main switch, and I'm not sure why it can't be turned off. I mean, there must be something I don't know about. And we'd love to call Excel and say, look, first, there's a charity. Second, they're not asking for you to do anything except turn the damn power off. Right, And and they're telling you it's a month wait for someone to go out and turn off the power.
Speaker 6: It doesn't make sense to.
Speaker 30: Me, right, Yeah, April, do you have the name.
Speaker 5: Of somebody specifically? Do you have the name of somebody specifically that you've been dealing with?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 30: Yeah, I mean basically, I uh, okay, we'll do it.
Speaker 5: We'll find out who. But you have a number? Who did the communication with Excel? Did the electrician or did you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 16: I did?
Speaker 6: Okay, did you just call the general number? Yeah?
Speaker 30: I started with the just the customer service line?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, Katschina or guys, who do we have on today?
Speaker 6: You know, Deputy d might be able to help.
Speaker 13: I was I'm not on today, Yeah, Bow and Dockers.
Speaker 6: No, I know that, but I thought I thought I've loaded them up already.
Speaker 17: No, you got time, Well, can't the can't they just flipped the shut the breakers off or pull the meter that bo bo.
Speaker 5: I want you to look into this because whenever I've had electrical work done, I was able to have the.
Speaker 6: Electrician turn off the power.
Speaker 5: But what I'm thinking could be going on is they may have to do work between the the outside of the panel and the mast. For that turning off the main power doesn't work?
Speaker 28: Right, what's the reason for shutting the power?
Speaker 5: I wasn't listening for electrical repairs. They bought a building for this charity and they're trying to do all the electrical upgrades.
Speaker 28: But I'll talk. I mean, this is easy. If not, I can go over there and we could pull the meter.
Speaker 17: Out of the control box and that would shut all the power off to the building.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what if they're working on between the street and the meter. What if they're working on a new mast or something. If that would have to be done at the pole, that would have to be done at the pole.
Speaker 17: You're right, if it's a mask issue, it would have to be shut off with the transform up on top of the pole.
Speaker 28: But I can I'll take this case.
Speaker 6: On good bo. Thank you.
Speaker 5: You know what we're gonna do, Sam, We're gonna call Excel. We have some contacts over there and see if we can speed this up for you.
Speaker 12: Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and thank you for the work that you do. We appreciate it. You know, we need more more people. I mean really and truly. There isn't a government solution for everything. And these charities that work their asses off to help people, we got to support them. So this is our small part. Sam, okay, both, thank you very much. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Adam, I have a quick question for you with fix at twenty four to seven and then we'll take a break. But in a nutshell, we have many questions on this, but I want to know the basic first. What the heck is a modulating furnace? Hey, Timmy there, Yes, I am Adam, Yes I can.
Speaker 20: So that's a bit of a complicated question, but in a nutshell, what a modulating furnace is it has the ability to ramp up or down the Instead of it being one or two different speeds, it has a variation between you know, fifty percent to one hundred percent usage essentially, and.
Speaker 6: Does that help with efficiency.
Speaker 10: One hundred percent.
Speaker 5: Yes, it does, okay, because really what you're talking about is instead of like the old furnaces were either.
Speaker 6: On or off and then they then they got.
Speaker 5: More sophisticated and had a couple speeds. But modulating what I'm hearing is it really varies depending on the need.
Speaker 9: Essentially.
Speaker 20: Yes, that's a very cut and dryway to explain it.
Speaker 6: Discerned. All right, we'll do more on that coming up.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom Martino three ZHO three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We'll talk about an issue with the HOA, an issue with a roofing company, and whatever issues you have. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Ronnie, what's going on with the roof?
Speaker 6: For Ronnie? What's happening?
Speaker 9: Well? I was going through the internet, Facebook, and I've seen this ad about how the government is doing things to help people get their roof replace and mind need to replace. I filled out the information.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, what did you see? What did you see?
Speaker 5: This said that Colorado's helping people get it sounds like a clickbait to me. What did you actually come across that said they would help you with your roof?
Speaker 9: There was an ad on there that said on TikTok it was TikTok that the government.
Speaker 23: Was helping individuals replace their rough and well they're not.
Speaker 6: That's it, that's a ripoff.
Speaker 5: That that's that's a come on, and especially on TikTok, it must be true.
Speaker 6: Right, So what.
Speaker 5: Did you do? Did you that? All that is is advertising? So did you call them?
Speaker 9: I clicked the button, filled out the information, and next thing you know, I got a call from a company, the UH, and.
Speaker 12: They set up an.
Speaker 9: Appointment to have an inspector come and inspect the roof and they did that. And when they got done, Ronnie.
Speaker 5: Did you feel like this was part of the government at this point? Well?
Speaker 9: No, I thought that there was a way to help low income people because I have just recently suffered from a stroke.
Speaker 5: Do you have insurance, right, Ronnie, Ronnie, you have insurance?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 6: What did you need help with? If you have insurance?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 23: I just wanted to see because.
Speaker 9: They said that on the advertisement. It was I guess, looking back twenty twenty hindsight twenty twenty, it was misleading that you get to riff replace and all of this.
Speaker 5: And well, Ronnie, Ronnie, what I'm getting at is you still get your reef replaced in all of this, and that's all because of insurance. But what extra were they offering if you already have insurance. What were they offering that you did not have with insurance.
Speaker 9: That it would possibly be free?
Speaker 5: Well, but what good would that do you if you have insurance? What tell me it would save your insurance company money?
Speaker 9: Because I was nervous that my rate would go up if I made a claim.
Speaker 5: Oh, I see, And you thought if you could get this paid for with some government grant, you wouldn't have to put in an insurance claim.
Speaker 6: Correct, plus how much is your deductible?
Speaker 9: I believe it's a thousand.
Speaker 6: So you would have saved that too, correct.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: So then what happened?
Speaker 9: I filled out the information, people called me set up an appointment to have someone come and look at the roof. We had two people come from this company and they looked at the roof and it was funny because they went up and took pictures of it, did everything, made it look really professional, went into the addict and got pictures of.
Speaker 14: What's the name of the company, DiBella.
Speaker 16: Debella, Yes, d Bella and.
Speaker 9: You know dub Bella da b E L l A. I got it, and so they gained.
Speaker 23: They looked at the roof and.
Speaker 9: Told us what was wrong with the roof? According to them, needless to say, uh, and we had and hard on let me say this, We had just bought this house four years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Ronnie, what are what are we getting at? This is nothing more than you hired a roofer. What went wrong?
Speaker 9: What went wrong is that they tried to overcharge us. They wanted twenty three thousand dollars for a roof that would cost about six thousand. They were really pushy on gata.
Speaker 6: How do you know?
Speaker 5: How do you know they were charging three times the amount for the roof or four times?
Speaker 6: How do you know?
Speaker 9: Because we talked to them and they told us the roof was going to be twenty three thousand dollars to redo. And we talked to our realtor who recommended a roofing company that came right away, looked at if they they did an inspection of the roof, said that the roof there was nothing wrong with it. And when we.
Speaker 5: The guy, why did you think there was something? Why did you think you did need a roof? Why did you call to begin with?
Speaker 9: Because of the fact that I had seen some things that didn't look right.
Speaker 6: Was there a storm? Was there a storm?
Speaker 9: No, My dumbass just thought that I needed to have my roque.
Speaker 6: Where does the stand right now?
Speaker 9: Where it stands right now is we have this company?
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 9: I guess if you want to use the word bullying to get this done, is saying that all of this shows.
Speaker 5: Hold on, have you signed Did you sign a contract with them?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 9: That's the thing is they wanted to come today to do a contract to that first.
Speaker 14: Tell them no.
Speaker 9: Yeah, at first it was twenty three thousand for the roof, which is okay, and they're like, well, we have you approved for zero down, eight month deferral on it, and everything's good. Then they call us back.
Speaker 6: Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie.
Speaker 5: They know you're not working with Ronnie, they know you're not working with an insurance company.
Speaker 6: Is that right.
Speaker 9: Correct? They actually advised us not to work with the insurance company.
Speaker 5: Okay, Ronnie, they're trying to rip you off, so just ignore them. You never you never signed anything. You never signed anything. You're not obligated to do anything.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they're trying to get us to commit bank fraud because they're trying to finance it. And they're like, well, just agree that there's an extra two thousand and income coming in and we'll get it all done.
Speaker 5: I meant, but Ronnie, Ronnie, the other did you tell them that you had another roofer? Look at your roof and there's nothing wrong with your roof?
Speaker 9: Well, seriously, after we told them that, today, after this riffing company came and looked at it and said they've been quite distant compared to how they were because before they went.
Speaker 5: Right on our app So where are we going with all this Ronnie, what were you calling about?
Speaker 6: Okay, I heard the story. Now what you didn't sign anything?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 6: What what do you want? What do you want us to tell you?
Speaker 9: Well? What can be done with this company too? Because what they're doing is they're screwing people, they're lying to them, they're committing from What can.
Speaker 5: Be done is we educate people so they don't buy roofs on TikTok. Ronnie, there's nothing we can do to change the system. You want to know what we can do, even though you're not going to do it, and thank god you're not going to do it and you're going to ignore them, you want to know what can we do to shut them down? Right? Well, we can put their name out there, Debella, roofing advertising on TikTok. And how did they ever say the government was helping you? Did they ever get around to that part?
Speaker 6: They're not.
Speaker 9: They're not the ones advertising on TikTok. There's just an ad that says about the government helping with roofs. And when you fill out the information, there's a company that calls you.
Speaker 5: And they are advertising on TikTok. How the hell do you think they got your name.
Speaker 2: At it?
Speaker 6: Nick sad it. We'll see Ronnie, take it easy. Did you get that dragon? Thank you?
Speaker 5: All right, Ronnie, you're doing the right thing. There's nothing we can do to help you. Ignore them, Ignore them and people. You know these ads you see on TikTok and on social media about the government grand helping you with a roof. What about the one where if you're paying for car insurance more than thirty dollars a month, you're paying too much?
Speaker 6: And they show a guy.
Speaker 5: With Lamborghini saying he's only paying twenty eight bucks a month.
Speaker 6: You know, it's they're all lies. What can I tell you? People lie? That's just the way it is. People lie.
Speaker 5: Renew Home Innovations will get you a beautiful, beautiful shower, a shower conversion. Get rid of that old ugly tub shower combo, put it in this beautiful conversion with porcelain sheet walls. These porcelain walls are solid porcelain and they're beautiful. They can do this in two or three days, and they have all kinds of financing options for you to pay for this with low to no interest. Renew home Innovations dot Com three oh three nine zero four two thousand, nine zero four two thousand, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Plea on top of time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome this show, Hannah. What special does fix at twenty four to seven have for us today?
Speaker 7: Well, believe you or not, weird in March that means for March Madness, March madness for young.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Cus you for making it to March Madness this year.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I know, and that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 7: But what we're talking about is getting ready for the summer. Now, Tom, is the time to book that ac extreme clean as you call it, and maintenance before the heat arrives.
Speaker 6: That's when our in texts are so busy.
Speaker 1: You do it now.
Speaker 7: This is the only way to prevent those breakdowns. You know, this dirt, dustin debris the number one cause of the breakdowns. So really, our best customers and clients, they're booking right now to get prepared so they don't have to worry about it when everything thirty nine crazy thirty nine dollars for your listeners, new customers, new customers normally one hundred ninety nine bucks.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, and even one hundred ninety nine is cheap. They spent up to two hours on this damn thing. So when you see them go through your air conditioning system and the condenser and the coils, you will not believe it. It's thirty nine bucks and really and truly get it done.
Speaker 6: Before the heat.
Speaker 5: Sevent tow zero five two six thirty nine thirty nine seventy zero five two six thirty nine thirty nine are fixmihome dot com. I'll be mentioning again fixmihome dot com.
Speaker 6: So Scott, tell me what's going on with your HOA Hey.
Speaker 21: Tom, I bought a piece of property seven years ago, which was the HIA was the covenants were written up in ninety three, they sold this piece of.
Speaker 6: Was this a vacant was this a vacant lot that you bought.
Speaker 21: It's a vacant lot that was that is three miles from the HIA and it's up behind privately.
Speaker 5: Well what do you mean three mile Well what does that mean? Three miles from the ho A? Is it in a subdivision?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 6: No, No, it's all by itself.
Speaker 21: Community, yes, and it's it's up behind Corey. It's it's three miles away.
Speaker 6: I got it.
Speaker 5: It's not part of a pud. So what's going on now?
Speaker 21: When I bought it h o A, their attorney did a quick claim deed a federal property and it says that they own the road going up through my property. It's about a two mile long track, cheap road basically.
Speaker 5: So hold on, So when you bought this property originally, yeah, the subdivision was two miles away.
Speaker 21: Three miles away? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Then why is there a subdivision street? Why is there a subdivision street going through the middle of your property?
Speaker 12: Well, there's not.
Speaker 21: They just kind of made it up that way because the quarry owns half the road. It's not a street, it's a cheap road. And also the federal government owns half of the road too. But they write up a quick claim deed. So stating that go ahead.
Speaker 6: When you say they wrote up a quit claim deed.
Speaker 5: In order for them to quit claim something, they have to own it.
Speaker 6: They can't make it up right.
Speaker 21: There are some strips of land that were up in there that the attorney wrote a quick claim deed and they had the developer's wife sign this over to them. And it's what who's then is to the h A.
Speaker 5: So the hho A. So what you're saying is the HOA owns some land around your land.
Speaker 21: It just owns a strip of land going up through there, but we have to maintain the road.
Speaker 5: But the strip of land is that the road or is there a road plus a strip of land?
Speaker 21: It accepted a strip of land along the two track road that I go up through.
Speaker 6: The title work that.
Speaker 5: Scott Scott, Here's all I'm asking, man, This is really complicated.
Speaker 6: If I don't hear, here's what I'm asking.
Speaker 5: You bought a vacant lot up.
Speaker 6: Near your land.
Speaker 5: There's a road that the HOA owns and a strip of land or is the strip of land part of the road.
Speaker 21: The strip of land is legally part of the road.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: So basically then the hoa owns owns a road where you bought your property.
Speaker 21: That is correct, true, quick claim of federals a.
Speaker 5: Strip of land with a road on it. Okay, so what's the problem.
Speaker 21: The problem is I've hired several law firms that they required me to repair this road. Another property owner that goes up through there before my property, they require him to repair the road after some flooding. So they get from.
Speaker 6: How many people use how many people use that road?
Speaker 21: They give a hundred property owners permission to go up in into my up towards my property.
Speaker 5: Well, if they own the road, they can give as many as they want, right.
Speaker 21: Right, right, I get it, But they require us to repair the road, So fast forward.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well you agree to it, sir.
Speaker 21: Well I don't agree that they own federal property.
Speaker 5: Okay, they don't own federal property, Scott, Scott, quick claim you agreed with when they quit claimed the road. When when when they quit claimed the land to you and they retained ownership of this road, and they retained ownership of the land and the road, there must have been a use agreement where you agreed to maintain it. There must be in writing where you agreed to maintain it.
Speaker 12: That's that's not correct.
Speaker 5: Okay, then you don't have to maintain it. The problem solved. Thank you for calling anything else.
Speaker 12: Thank you Tom.
Speaker 5: If there's no written agreement for you to for you to maintain the road, why are you doing it? Yeh See Scott doesn't know. See this is the problem. People talk out of their ass. If you want to know the truth, they talk out of their ass. They're not talking real stuff. If he bought a vacant lot.
Speaker 6: And he owns and the HOA owns land and.
Speaker 5: A road through his property, he doesn't have to maintain anything. He said, there is no written agreement that he has to maintain it.
Speaker 6: He also made a hint that he doesn't.
Speaker 5: Believe they own federal land because part of the road was probably federal land. So a lot of people have ownership in that road. He is not the only one who has to maintain it. The problem is when you people buy land and you get a jones for the land and you love it, you sometimes just go headlong into the purchase of the land and you don't bother really looking at the.
Speaker 6: Long term ramifications.
Speaker 5: This happens a lot with people outside of plan unit developments.
Speaker 6: I'm Tom Martino, we have more coming up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, here, don't forget fixed at twenty four to seven. Get the uh AC done for thirty nine bucks. That's an extreme clean top to bottom, inside and out with a no breakdown guarantee.
Speaker 6: Don't do it after it's so hot.
Speaker 5: They can't keep up with installations. Now's the time to do it. Fixmihome dot com to book.
Speaker 6: It all right. What's going on with Joe Apple remodeling?
Speaker 2: Joe?
Speaker 6: What is it? What is Apple remodeling?
Speaker 9: Hey, Tom, they're a home remodeler and they did a pretty extensive project on our house and overall lots of good things to say about him, But we've had an ongoing issue with our master shower essentially leaking downstairs into our kitchen. And we've done working with this contractor for years now.
Speaker 6: When did they complete the job.
Speaker 9: End of twenty eighteen?
Speaker 6: Oh wait, this was completed.
Speaker 25: In twenty eighteen. We started having.
Speaker 6: And when did the league show up.
Speaker 9: Within the first year?
Speaker 6: And it's been yeah, but it's a long time, man, it's a long time. What kind of warranty do you have?
Speaker 5: Nineteen twenty twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four.
Speaker 6: Man, we're talking about seven years. What kind of warranty do you have?
Speaker 25: Well, you know, it was a three year warranty with the company, And like I said, overall, I think the contractor has been trying to make good faith efforts because he brought the plumber back out as recently as a couple of months ago.
Speaker 5: The league showed up within the first year, yes, like when in twenty eighteen?
Speaker 25: Well probably early twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: Kay, Okay, So where does this stand right now?
Speaker 25: Well, his whole argument and focus has been that it has to do with the fixtures and in particular steam unit that you know, we kept over from our old bat through. You know, I've been trying to.
Speaker 5: Well, what difference does it make, what difference does it make where it comes from?
Speaker 6: Can they fix it?
Speaker 21: Well?
Speaker 22: After bringing in some new people to take a look at it, they're telling me it's not anything to do with the fixtures. I have a bad shower pan, and it's a handmade shower pan. It's it's a nice shower but.
Speaker 6: Made by Apple.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, So why don't they fix it?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 25: Because it's been going on for so long, they haven't addressed this. They've been been focusing in on the plumbing, which I think is was ultimately the wrong issue.
Speaker 6: And why do you believe the company?
Speaker 5: Why do you believe the person that told you it's a bad shower pan?
Speaker 25: Well, because I've had more than one tell me he said he has started to back away.
Speaker 6: From trying to get this picked And okay, hold on, this should be this should be pretty easy to handle.
Speaker 5: You have a bad shower pan and they put it in bed. I mean, I need to know what he has to say about it. Hold on, I'm Tom Martino three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five more coming right up, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: M news.
Speaker 1: You need adviy so you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Come running just as as as we can.
Speaker 3: Shoe Shooter's gonna help coming man is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 14: Welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Tommy's coming back from wherever he's at. We'll pop back into him in a second. We'll let him finish up with Joe. In the meantime, I do want to jump over and see what Joseph has going on with Groove Subaru.
Speaker 31: Joseph yep from here. Hello, Hey, Joseph, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 14: What's going on?
Speaker 12: Have you had a chance to look at the email like this?
Speaker 14: I have not what's in the email?
Speaker 12: Okay. So it's a story of my daughter bought a twenty nineteen Subaru outback from the Groove subarup in Anglewood, and prior to the sixty thousand mile warranty running out, she noticed that the oil was low, and Jiffy Lub put a quart of oil in. So she scrupulously maintained this thing at the groove.
Speaker 14: And when was the last time she hadn oil change done there at groove?
Speaker 12: February twenty seventh.
Speaker 14: So on February twenty seventh she had oil change And when did she notice it was a court low?
Speaker 12: Oh that was back in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 14: Okay, well then keep going okay.
Speaker 12: So finally she got them to look at it, and in Twelvey eighteen, twenty twenty three, they did a repair estimate which read a head gaskets starting to leak, does have a cam carry a leak. We'll need all CEOs and gaskets two thousand and sixty eight dollars. They tried, Yeah, they tried to pin that on her because it was seven hundred and twenty three miles over sixty thousand. Finally they did the repairs in Subrew Corporation kicked in three thousand of that.
Speaker 14: Oh that's nice. So she got it all done for four grand, but they paid three so she paid one thousand out.
Speaker 12: Of pocket and even that was not charged. She got it preferred.
Speaker 14: Wow, that's nice of them.
Speaker 12: Yeah. So when she picked up the car, she was told by a service advisor that that was the worst thing that goes wrong with Subbrus and therefore they should have no problem with it ever again. Okay, So with that assurance, she sold the car to me I'm a father, and she went on and bought another super room. Funny way, the lower oil warning light came out in February twenty twenty five, and during that oil change, they claimed what was leaking now was not a gasket but the oil level sensor, and they wanted eleven hundred and thirteen dollars to fix them. So on March tenth, I brought the car in to have that done, and about two hours after I had brought it in, the service advisor called and said the oil level was not seeking the problem instead was a driver's side head guessed and my cost for fixing that would be two thousand dollars. Wow, I brought up. Yeah, when I brought up to them that this is what was supposedly fixed back in the end of twenty twenty three at the beginning of twenty twenty four. Say, they said no, they said that I would have to pay the two thousand.
Speaker 14: Well, hold on a second. Did they actually do the gasket in twenty twenty three? Though I realized you didn't own it? But was that part of all the gasket replacements that she paid for that Subaru paid for?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 14: And how many late? How many miles was it after that.
Speaker 12: My present? Well that was sixty seven twenty three then, and I own it now and it's maybe sixty four thousand, sixty five thousand.
Speaker 14: Well, that seems kind of crazy, even though you're not the one that owns it, but you are father. So I did you reregister the car? Are they saying there's no warranty because you didn't own it?
Speaker 12: No? No, they're telling me that that there's there's Yes, Okay, don't Can I continue your for a second?
Speaker 14: Yeah, go ahead?
Speaker 12: When I when I called it, when I called him back when they called me back and said it wasn't the oil sensor. My daughter, it wasn't the oil level sensor. My daughter called Subaru and Subaru authorized a new case number, and we then spoke to a fellow named Roger at corporate. He said he'd get back to us, and then Friday, the service advisor called meeback and said that the work done in twenty twenty three was perfectly done. It was all correct and what was actually leaking now was a timing belt sensor cover. Okay, and it was still going to cost four thousand, but Subaru had offered to kick in two thousand of that, but I was still on the on the on the hook for two thousand dollars. So in the course of one week, it's gone from a oil center level two ways.
Speaker 14: Well, Joseph, that's a simple That's a simple diagnosisis you basically bring it over to someone like Sheridan Auto Tech or another subrew dealer and see what's actually going wrong with it.
Speaker 6: If it is that.
Speaker 5: Timing cover, how many miles on the vehicle altogether, it's like sixty.
Speaker 14: Seven, Yes, so it's still under warranty. No, it's not under warranty to warranty.
Speaker 12: So yeah, as a matter of fact, that's what I was going to ask you for your help, was to find another dealer that could look at the call for reasonable amounts and tell me what was wrong, because.
Speaker 14: Well, Kevin Kevin and at Sheridan Auto Tech will be able to look and tell you if the timing cover is leaking, and he's not going to charge you much. If anything, I don't think you have to move anything to get to the timing cover on that they can probably tell it leak.
Speaker 6: I guess the point I'm trying.
Speaker 5: But the point I'm trying to make Joseph ar is he trying to get it paid. What is the issue if you have a used car that has a problem.
Speaker 6: He's an afraid, I guess.
Speaker 14: I just he's afraid that Groove Subaru is lying to him, to be quite frank, or they don't know what they're doing. They've diagnosed the same leak twice. When he pointed out that that repair was done a few thousand miles ago, they said, oh, looks, it's not that.
Speaker 6: It's something else, Okay. In other words, I don't even know why you're going back to the dealer for normal maintenance Joseph, that's the part I don't even.
Speaker 14: Because Subaru has offered to repair for fifty percent of it, because it's barely out of warranty.
Speaker 6: Well, that's good. That's good if they'll do it.
Speaker 5: But let's make sure he needs it, and let's make sure it's the right price. And I think you had a great suggestion. Let's take it over to a third party.
Speaker 12: Okay, and what would that song number be?
Speaker 14: I don't have you four or five five?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Tom, it's shared an auto tech shared an auto.
Speaker 5: You talk to Kevin over there. Three oh three, four five five, seventy two forty.
Speaker 12: Two four or five five? Say again.
Speaker 6: Seventy two forty.
Speaker 12: Two seventy two two three, three, four.
Speaker 6: Five five seventy two forty two.
Speaker 12: Right, all right, Stooper, I'll give him a call and see what I got.
Speaker 14: I ask ask for Kevin. Tell him you talk to us on the air and see if he would charge you anything. To see if the timer the timing covers leaking.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, why would that cost so much money to fix? Why would four grand for a timing belt cover? Holy, it's a full. I'm sure it's a full. It's probably a full.
Speaker 14: Kit man.
Speaker 6: Ah, So it's like doing a timing.
Speaker 12: Belt, right, So one more question. I go to Kevin. He says, yes, there's there's nothing wrong with you. Well, yeah, I guess what I'm trying to say? Can I file a civil suit against them if I find out that they've been lying to me?
Speaker 14: You can file a civil suit against a sandwich lying lying?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 6: I mean, how did that cost you money? Lying to you?
Speaker 12: Because I could potentially have a car with two thousand dollars in liability.
Speaker 5: And so what if they didn't call Wait, Joseph, if they did not cause the issue, why would you sue them for lying to you? It did not increase your loss, It did not make the problem.
Speaker 6: They're just incompetent. What would you sue for?
Speaker 12: You can't sue for incompetence. I'm suing for.
Speaker 24: Two thous No you can't.
Speaker 5: No, you can't sue for incompetence. No you can't. You can only sue for monetary losses. So what I'm asking you is, how did their incompetence cost you monetary losses?
Speaker 12: Because they will not fix the car unless I pay them two thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going to ask you again, I'm going to ask you again. Did they cause the problem.
Speaker 12: By not potentially by misdiagnosing the problem?
Speaker 6: Yes, no, they didn't.
Speaker 5: They didn't cause it by misdiagnosing it. It was there already, they just didn't know what it was.
Speaker 12: Well, but then, how can they continue to charge me this amount of money? Well, tell me I have to pay.
Speaker 5: They're not charging you. You haven't paid anything, That's right, Joseph, Joseph, Kevin, listen, I can I listen? If you go to Kevin and Kevin says, there's nothing wrong with your car. You need a simple little gasket under the valve cover. Okay, let's say, and it's gonna cost you one hundred bucks. Now I'm going to ask you something, Joseph, what has Groove?
Speaker 6: What would you sue Groove for in that case?
Speaker 12: Absolutely nothing, I.
Speaker 16: Would Okay, Mike question okay, Kevin.
Speaker 12: And he says two thousand could identity them?
Speaker 5: Why did Groove cause the two thousand dollars problem?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: How how does misdiagnosing cause the problem?
Speaker 12: Because I have no way of finding out whether they actually fix the thing back in twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Three, then, Joseph Joseph you're not saying you're going to sue them. Okay, if your old repair you were charged for and they did not do it, you could sue them for it. How long ago was that old repair?
Speaker 12: Twenty twenty three. The repair estimate is dated twelve eighteen, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 6: Well, here's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: If you had it done in twenty twenty four and it wasn't done correctly, they should redo it. Okay, but that doesn't so, but you don't sue them for the new stuff. You sue them for that original cost of repair that wasn't done correctly.
Speaker 12: Okay, And can Kevin tell me then?
Speaker 5: Yes, possibly he can say this was never repaired properly. Possibly possibly, But that's what you sue for. You sue for damages. You don't sue for kuld A would have should have. You can never sue for could a wood A should have never never ever ever? You know, if they did, if they missed diag just and diagnosed your car and you really had four thousand dollars worth of damage, he can't charge them for that just because they misdiagnosed.
Speaker 14: It and it wasn't even haused, It wasn't even his car then.
Speaker 6: Though, what are you talking about? Now? This is all different?
Speaker 14: What do you talk He didn't own the car in twenty three, then he has.
Speaker 6: No issue at all.
Speaker 5: If they put if they never did the repair, he couldn't sue him for it. He didn't have a contract with him.
Speaker 6: I didn't even know that.
Speaker 5: So he didn't even own the car, and he's wondering did they do it correctly? It wouldn't matter if they did it correctly, you didn't have a contract with them. What I suggest you do, Joseph, is forget about groove altogether and just go get your car fixed. Three three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five Listen. K and H Home Solutions has solution for you, whether it's windows, siding, doors or more. KH has what you're looking for, and it's a company with heritage. They've been around for years and years and you can trust them. That's KH Windows dot Com three oh three four to one seventy one hundred. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey tom Archino here three oh three seven on three talk three h three seven one three eight two five five. So Joe, this Apple remodeling thing, to me seems so easy. If you have two professionals saying that they put the shower pan in wrong or it's defective, why doesn't Apple just replace it?
Speaker 25: Well, I think it's kind of coming down to that realization. So although he's out of town, he'll be back tomorrow sometimes, so we'll have this conversation. I'm just trying to get prepped for it. And I also have a couple other issues that may or may not be contributing to, Like what the problems that we've had for the shower, Well, the shower has body sprays on it, and the wall that one of the ones that had the body sprays in it, the IMNA did a really poor job. And there was flex in the wall because cut out a bunch to cut out the studs and then reinforce them back in, so they had to come in and patch that wall up. I had to fix a problem with the plumbing heads coming out for the steam shower. There's the temperature dial.
Speaker 12: Sits out.
Speaker 6: Maybe what are they all fixed?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 6: Are they all fixed? All these little things?
Speaker 25: No? No, they've all been patched. And if I'm going this far, how you know, should I try and correct these other things? But that increases the scope of the project beyond fixing the pan.
Speaker 5: You know, Joe, at some point to do it, you're not going to want to hear this. At some point you're going to have a battle getting them to do anything. Because the job was completed in twenty eighteen, and no matter how you look at it nineteen, twenty twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four, you're looking at a statute of limitations here.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 5: I don't even think you can sue them now for breach. I don't think you can.
Speaker 25: It's if you have someone I could talk to about that, that would be helpful. I'd appreciate an opinion on that. As well, but I just don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, call it construction, call it construction defect, attorney, you can't sue after three years. I mean, I don't even know if you're suing for breach of warranty or breach of your contract.
Speaker 6: You're out of time.
Speaker 5: I don't even you know, they don't have to redo this project for you right now.
Speaker 25: Well, potentially that could be the case. And that's why I'm kind of frustrated, because you know, if if you have a problem that comes up that's within warranty period and it keeps coming up and it's never getting fixed, are you just sort of right well after that warranty period.
Speaker 5: No, No, listen, listen carefully. If something is never addressed during the warranty, theoretically, they still owe it to you theoretically, but that doesn't stop the clock from ticking for the whole breach thing. So let's say that they never fix that one issue and it keeps leaking, it keeps leaking, and time goes by and times go by, and you're pissed off and you want to sue them. You're going to be in for a shock because you have to go back to the original date of the contract. You're gonna be in for look at I'm just telling you, Joe, that you don't have a lot of strength here.
Speaker 6: I know you think you do, and logically and logically you do if they never fixed it.
Speaker 5: But Joe, it might be easier and you may not want to hear this just to find out how much is all of this going to cost you and get it done and then take them to small claims court and you're probably gonna lose. But by the time you talked to it, you said you wanted to talk to someone about suing. A lawsuit like this done in twenty eighteen with discovery and expert witnesses will cost you about fifty grand fifty five zero. So I don't know what this project costs you, but it's not It very seldom pays to sue. So if this is a bad job, sometimes it's easier to just get a figure. Let's say the whole damn thing's going to cost you six grand to fix.
Speaker 6: Fix it? How much did you pay.
Speaker 23: For the whole job, including the other work in the house.
Speaker 5: No, we're only talking about this job right here that went bad. How much was this contract?
Speaker 25: I mean it was part of a larger it was part of two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 5: Thus, sure, but it was probably it was probably broken out. It was probably broken out.
Speaker 25: If I had to throw a price on the whole brand new shower, twenty five grand.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the shower itself and the surround and all of that was about twenty five grand.
Speaker 6: You think, right ball part sure? Okay? What do you think's going to cost to fix? Did it?
Speaker 5: These other companies must have told you when they said you have a bad shower pan.
Speaker 6: What did they say it was going to cost to fix?
Speaker 25: Well, I'm waiting for another quote to come back, but.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 25: It's going to be six to eight grand for late care, and then I got to buy replacement tiles and things.
Speaker 12: Like that, right yeah.
Speaker 5: And if it cost you six to eight grand, and it was five, it was six or seven years ago that you've signed your contract. What I'm telling you is it may be wiser to just pay that and fix it. You're not going to get these guys unless they're just stand up people that just say we don't like the way this ended, let's do it right.
Speaker 6: If they're that kind of people, that's different and to.
Speaker 25: This position, because they do seem like stand up people, And if I wanted to be a cynic, I might say that he knew it was the pan you know, much earlier on. I get it and just kept attaching it to try to right as to this point where I'm stuck.
Speaker 5: Right, So what I would do, and I mean this, I'm going to leave it with this. I would get an estimate, a hard estimate, get it fixed, and then I would ask them to chip in, and if they don't, I take in the small claims court because if you lose, you're only losing fifty bucks. That's what I would do. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, One Clear Choice Garage Doors. If you want the best in garage doors, you want one Clear Choice doores. Whether it's the opener itself or any aspect of the door, including the springs, the panels, the cables, whatever, the rollers. They can do it all, all of their prices on their website. One clear Choice Doors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three h three seven one three talk seven one three eight.
Speaker 6: Two five five. Job has got a question about life insurance? Go ahead, Jaba. What's happening?
Speaker 9: Hey job?
Speaker 11: Hey Tom? So I'm pretty much you know how I'm going by? What if I die tomorrow? Trying to get that all yeah done up? So I was diagnosed with liver cancer and all that cancer all over you and all that good stuff. So if I have a life insurance through my employer.
Speaker 9: And I pass.
Speaker 11: That, does that employer have to pay my wife?
Speaker 5: Well it depends on who your jaba, who's your beneficiary?
Speaker 9: My wife?
Speaker 5: Okay, well yeah, they pay your wife for sure. Now how long have you had this policy? Do you contribute to it or does the employer offer it?
Speaker 11: Offers it right away?
Speaker 6: How much is it for?
Speaker 11: I'm sure I'm sure it comes up my check.
Speaker 6: Every week, okay? And how much is the life insurance proceeds?
Speaker 11: One hundred and twenty five thousand, okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it'll go to your wife. Make sure she knows about it.
Speaker 11: She does.
Speaker 6: So, jab And when were you diagnosed?
Speaker 11: Just yesterday? I went through the pet scan, Well not yesterday, but last week pet scan and biopsy.
Speaker 6: What happened? Were you getting symptoms?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I kind of got a hard something underneath my right ribcage and I was like, that doesn't seem right, and so I went to the primary. The primary sent me to a cat scan. Cat scan came back, oh shit, you got ooh sorry, oh shoot, you got to get to.
Speaker 6: We'll mix it. Just don't say it again, go ahead, I won't.
Speaker 11: And then you got to get to So they check me into RMCC Rocky Mountain and yeah, I've been going through that process, you know, waiting for insurance to make sure this is okay.
Speaker 6: So is it spread all over? Jaba? Is it spread all over?
Speaker 11: That's what the pet skian says.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are you doing chemo? Are you going to start chemo?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 11: I'm not doing chemo.
Speaker 6: You're not going to do any of that.
Speaker 11: I'm looking for that little pill is what I'm looking for, but they don't do that here in America.
Speaker 6: What little pill, the one that makes you go away?
Speaker 11: Euthanasia pill?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: How long do they say? What was your prognosis? Did they tell you?
Speaker 11: Well, my primary, no, that guy he won't be back until after spring break. I'd have to wait till March thirty first to get his prognosis. But my primary literally says he didn't like to put time, but he said a year.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: You know, they're making a lot of advances, sir. All I can say is unless you just don't have it in you, you might want to give it a little fight there, sir.
Speaker 11: Well, I want to make sure that my wife's taking care of first of all, So that's why I asked that question. And then I also have other things from AFLAC cancer insurance I bought twenty years ago.
Speaker 5: You ought to call you, you know, seriously, you ought to call Dan mackenzie. And I'm not telling you you got to hire him, but you ought to call him and just tell them what you're going through and maybe do a consultation.
Speaker 6: It's really important that you not make.
Speaker 5: A mistake because there might be things that you're not thinking of.
Speaker 6: And and it's kind of the cheapest thing you can do.
Speaker 5: Dan is a sole protectioner's he's practices with his wife and his son. I'm serious, and he can do a real good job. I mean, I'm not suggesting you hire them, but just call them and have a consultation. He'll do an initial consultation. I would Dan McKenzie a three three co plans. Yeah, just just get a get an idea and Java. As far as chemo, they've come a long way with it.
Speaker 11: They targeted and I went through just two deaths already in the last two years, and both of them were absolutely miserable before they died anyway by doing chemo. So that really has got skeptical to doing anything.
Speaker 5: Well, different different things, man, every case is different.
Speaker 6: I'll be praying for you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm gonna see what the doctor says. They're gonna try to get job with a different doctor.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know you see health has a great cancer cancer area for g I cancers.
Speaker 11: Well, I hope you might want to TEK you next year.
Speaker 5: Oh may I do too, Bro, I'm glad you're saying that. Nineteen Yeah you let Okay, I want you to mark it on your damn calendar.
Speaker 6: All right? Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 19: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Let's talk to Richard now about vacation rental by owner Richard?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 12: Hi? Tom?
Speaker 10: We put a deposit down on this place for a month to rent it, and that was back in September.
Speaker 12: I think it roughly.
Speaker 10: Three thousand dollars deposit. I paid seven thousand dollars both on visus and we've been here for three weeks. We've got one week left. The garage has never worked. That's one reason we rented the house was for the garage. The pool heater has never worked properly. It doesn't get above seventy two.
Speaker 5: And so how much is the whole I know you said something about a deposit, but what is the whole thing costing?
Speaker 10: Roughly ten grand?
Speaker 12: That's for a month.
Speaker 6: So ten grand gets you How long you rented VRB? Where is it? And for how long?
Speaker 12: It's in Florida for a month.
Speaker 10: It's in north.
Speaker 6: PORTA okay, Florida.
Speaker 5: And so right now when you have complained about this, what what do they say?
Speaker 10: Oh, they sent a guy out for the garage store, and he thought he fixed it. But you can't use the remote because it is. The track is so jammed up. It's all I can do to manually lift it. And so it's just not us.
Speaker 6: What part of Florida? What part of Florida are you in right now?
Speaker 25: North Port?
Speaker 10: It's kind of near Venice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, So what do you want? You pay ten grand? What do you want?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Well I don't, I don't. I want some money back. They've offered me six hundred dollars.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 10: Another thing, the fence. We rented it because it had a dog fence, and my dog's first date got out of it. So I had to try to fix the fence myself, and.
Speaker 5: We called how did the dog get out? Though that may not be their problem. How did the dog get out?
Speaker 10: It's just a little burn a doodle, you know, forty pound dog and it saw some birds on the other side of the fence and it squeezed his head underneath the chain link fence and got out.
Speaker 6: Well, that that's not that's not their problem.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: Let's let's talk about real problems.
Speaker 5: Okay, but no, really, really, you're not gonna win that one with a fence and your dog getting out.
Speaker 6: Let's let's talk about the real problems. Really.
Speaker 5: So what is preventing you from enjoying that place? You can't use the swimming pool, that's major.
Speaker 10: That's major. And we don't have a garage, and we rented it for a specifically to have a garage.
Speaker 6: The garage can't doesn't work at all.
Speaker 10: Right, Well, let me explain it to you real quick. When we got it, okay, the whole top panel of the garage was bent in. It was an aluminum door, and so they finally sent a guy out like a week later, and he put a new panel in and then he showed me with the garage door up. But button on the wall, it could bear you go up.
Speaker 21: It's you know, when they're bad.
Speaker 10: You have to hold the button down right right to get to go up. Well, with the remote, you can't hold the button down. It's just on off remote.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 10: You can't open it, Yeah, you can't open it from from the car or anything. Plus, so you gotta go it. It's just.
Speaker 6: Right right. How much do you think?
Speaker 5: How much do you think you guys sleep there and eat there and all that, right, I mean, it is a house.
Speaker 6: So how much do you think you're you deserve back?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 10: I would say half for at least a quarter of the rent the whole thing.
Speaker 5: I think half is pretty I think half is pretty steep. I mean, but I would say I would think, yeah, about three grains.
Speaker 6: Yeah, about three grand sounds appropriate?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I wouldn't. I could live with that.
Speaker 5: But are you working? Are you working with a management company?
Speaker 10: Well, that's who I'm dealing with, Yeah, Gulf Coast Property Management.
Speaker 6: What do they say when you ask for money?
Speaker 10: They said they tried to get contractors and it was they couldn't do of it in time and everything.
Speaker 5: Uh And okay, listen, let's I want to. I want to bring him back tomorrow. I want to bring you back tomorrow. I think you have a case, and I think we should call them for you. So hang on and let's do this tomorrow. I'm Tom Martine. Remember people, save all your problems for me