Speaker 1: When the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine the games Mike the Bulldog beyond you on JR R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Kaufin and Lynd Injury Attorneys. Well, the win streak was fun while it lasted.
Speaker 3: Bulldog six game win streak comes to an end last night. This is what happens when an elite offensive team plays an elite defensive team. The Knicks have the number one offense in the Eastern Conference. The Magic have the number two defense in the Eastern Conference. And the Knicks piled the points on the Magic last night at Madison Square Garden. They win the game one one the one to zero six. The win means that the Knicks won their group and the All Imported NA NBA Cup and will advance to the Corner Finals. But the good news for Magic fans is this the Magic, by having the best point deferential among the teams in the East that didn't win their group, they also advance in the NBA Cup.
Speaker 2: Up man, we aren't sure about that.
Speaker 3: I know you guys are who cares about last night's lost. The Magic stayed alive in the NBA Cup tournament and are three wins away from bringing home the coveted trophy.
Speaker 1: I told Lyncher, I said, hey, these guys have done a great job, you know, Palo Free, They've carried the team. They've done well. I wasn't even aware of the that they were still in the Cup. But that's a good motivator for well.
Speaker 2: You know, I called for a parade.
Speaker 3: If the Pride won the NWSL championship, that happened. If the Magic win the NBA Cup, guys, parade.
Speaker 1: Let's not get crazy here, you're parade happy. Let us winn, go deep in the in the finals or win.
Speaker 2: All right, bulldog looks like and I told you this is gonna happen. They were gonna let Alabama get into this playoff with three losses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, barring and upset in Saturday's ACC Championship game between Clemson and SMU, Alabama appears headed to the College Football Playoff. They were ranked number eleven in last night's penultimate. That means next to the last for Taco Bob, next to the last rankings. Yeah, they're ranked number eleven. The Tide lost three games, including that lost that twenty four to three defeat the Oklahoma, which certainly was unsightly. The Hurricanes suffered their second defeat of the season Saturday, they lost to Syracuse. They've lost two of their last three games. Miami is ten and two, Alabama's nine and three. The problem is Miami has no ranked wins on their schedule and Alabama's beaten three ranked teams. So that's that's the mix right there.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the gist of it.
Speaker 3: And the ACC Commissioner came out with a statement last night saying he shocked that this would happen. I'm not really that shock quite Frankly, again, Miami has no victories against ranked teams, Alabama's three and one against ranked teams. Instead of blaming the College Football Playoff Committee, Miami should blame the two end state rivals they beat Florida State in Florida for being boker.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no. It's easy to say that Miami should blame themselves, not only for the two losses, but the other games that they squeaked out of. And it just that the eye test is they like to throw around. If you were really paying attention, I can see why they'd have questions on that team. I'm a fan of the team and I have questions me too.
Speaker 3: I wanted to see a state team get into the playoff as well. Certainly I thought Florida State should have been in last year. But yeah, I can't really make an argument for Miami here.
Speaker 2: I just can't.
Speaker 1: We all want the state team and I just did the three loss Alabama, so she knew it was coming.
Speaker 2: Of course, they talked about it, but everybody's.
Speaker 1: Been talking about it for over a week, so of course is gone.
Speaker 3: Although if Clemson beats if Clemson beats s m U in the ACC Championship game, that means Clemson gets in and SMU is probably gonna get in as well. I don't think they should be penalized for being in a championship game, and that would knock Alabama out, So they need they need Clemson to lose that game on Saturday. Gus MOUs on former use.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, what's the only scenario that could get Miami in.
Speaker 3: I don't think there is a scenario that can get I was talking about Alabama. The only scenario that Alabama doesn't get in is if Clemson beats SMU on Saturday, and that way Clemson would be in and SMU would probably be in as well, and that would knock Alabama out.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, Watch out for SMU man, watch out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're good, they're good, and they got money over there.
Speaker 2: Probably they really technically, probably more than any program in the entire country. If you really want to get down to US oil money. Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 3: National signing Day today for high school recruits. The usual suspects at the top of the rankings. Georgia, Alabama go down the list. There a lot of SEC teams. Auburn, Texas, LSU Florida has surged. They're at number eleven in the rankings right now. We'll see what happens today when the actual commitment starts signing. Miami's at number thirteen, then there's a massive drop off. FSU's at number thirty eight. UCF Wow, number seventy three.
Speaker 2: You'd have a hard time, you'd have a hard time committing to go in there right now with the uncertainty.
Speaker 3: No question again, seventy three. They're ranked behind USF and FAU. Do we know anything more on the possibility of coach Well Jamie Chadwell's name has emerged. Horses is the coach at Liberty. He was at Coastal Carolina. He's sort of the hot candidate. UCF is talking to him. I talked to somebody who knows a lot about the situation yesterday and they said it's probably gonna be in the next three or four days that UCF names a coach, but we don't know who it's gonna be yet. We don't know who they can get yet, because a lot of these coaches have buyouts. There's contract stipulations you have to work through as well. By the way, Gus Malzan yesterday pen day letter of thank you to UCF fans on social long Haul thanked, Thanked everybody, Thank Terry Mahauser for the opportunity, Thank the fans, Thank the players personally. I think you should have added an apology in there as well and said something like I'm sorry, night Nation. I completely whipped in the transfer border last year, spent all of our nl N I own money on players who couldn't play, and I resigned before I got fired next year because this rebuild is going to be massive.
Speaker 2: Meant to say, I'm in the long haul up to Tallahassee. Yeah, yeah, anyway, all right. Mike the Bulldog the Yankey he hosts Open Mike on AM seven ninety six ninety game each weekday morning on a Jason to Us. Feel free to click over there if you ever want to get more sports info. And thank you Dog as always for taking the time out of your show to join us. Here for the sports page each morning on j r R, brought you by Kaufman Inland.
Speaker 3: Listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coppin every Saturday morning that's seven thirty am on FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: In the game.
Speaker 3: You can catch extended versions of Under Oath on your favorite streaming platform Linchin Taco on Demand, Tell Loathy, iHeartRadio ass