Speaker 1: Brand new sponsor on FTP. We have Bighorn Golfer dot Com and want to suck less at golf. Gets yourself a full swing kit launch monitor. Don't take it from me, I'm not on tour anymore. Take it from the goat Tiger Woods. He put his name on it, so you know it's got to be the shit. While you're there, check out their top of the line of electric push carts to my country clubbers. Make the boys at the club jealous. Get your ass on one of those badass golf scooters. They sell hunting bikes two. It is a perfect FTP fit. That's Bighorn Golfer dot com.
Speaker 2: This is Hudson Swafford. Fuck the hoorn Frog.
Speaker 1: And we can't let that happen. We just can't let that happen on this podcast because we are for the people.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, the guy's a hell of a player beyond nails.
Speaker 2: That is the hardest part three of the PJ Tour.
Speaker 1: It's a hybrid three iron or four iron every day. It's for the people.
Speaker 3: You're the last group off off a split t horseshoe on number ten and you do a happy gal and work what the hell's.
Speaker 2: Wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Well, it's another episode of Four of the People. We got Hudson Swafford a doll, good Georgia doll on the pod today, and we got a frog on the other side. You're main man, Kaleen here. TCU Georgia Natty Championship Week on Monday at SOFI Stadium just announce they're not letting any tailgating going on around there, which just mind blowing. Biggest college football game of the year, no tailgating, horrible scenario.
Speaker 2: But we got big Hut.
Speaker 1: And Colleen here to bat around the TCU Georgia. TCU is a twelve point dolt in this game that has moved from a fourteen point dog. And I'm just not sure if TCU is going to lose by twelve points. What do you think, hud.
Speaker 2: I might agree with you there, but they will lose.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I think it get close. I think it'll be a closed first half. I think I don't know, for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: Uh Ohio State, I think kind of beat us into the ground and we just bamaed.
Speaker 1: Them, y'all did Bama that?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean we've been doing what we did. What Bama just it's done to people for the last ten years.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what Kirby is, dude, Kirby Smart is the next coming of Nick Saban. It's I'm totally convinced of that at this point. Y'all are just beating the dog shit out of people good teams, like you're beating the dog shit out of good football teams consistently, and that's what Saban's done for fifteen years. And it appears as if George's going to be the next team to do that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: TCU can't lose. They got a you know, a golden fork up their ass this year and doesn't matter if they're down by seventeen at halftime, they're gonna they're gonna win the game. So this is just a I'm gonna be there. You just said you're gonna be there, Deleen's going to be there and spirit. But you went to the Fiesta Bow. Oh was that like I did? I was a Fiesta Bowl?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah? How was that green?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fiesta Bowl was awesome. Man.
Speaker 3: We'd road tripped it from Lubbock to Phoenix, so little situation. But stop halfway. My my my wife's models an Albuquerque now so not bad dude, But I never realized going there. I drove through like snow, sleet, hail, freaking haboob, dirt.
Speaker 1: Storm, all sorts of shit.
Speaker 3: But by the time we got there, By the time we got there, it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, that's nothing for that piece of shit raptor.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, that thing is nails man, just just a finally tuned vehicle.
Speaker 1: But it was. It was awesome.
Speaker 3: I mean it because we won the game, obviously, but I didn't know what to expect. Like, I don't really give a shit about the Ohio State Michigan rivalry. I'm not a big ten guy. I don't really I know they hate each other like more than anything. But I was expecting the Michigan fans. I think so some of them were just they weren't like obnoxious, but I think they just thought they were going to beat the shit out of us. So, like everybody's boozing it in the parking line, hanging out, throwing the football around, you know, kids all over the place. There was just as many TCU fans there's Michigan fans, which I was pretty surprised about. I thought Michigan might blow it out of the waters, and you know TCU, a lot of those guys were flying southwest. There was that Southwest disaster zone for all of our fans where all the flights were canceled or whatever for a week, So a bunch of people drove from Fort Worth.
Speaker 1: But it was It was fun. Man.
Speaker 3: Just when that game starts slipping away, especially college, you're just like, oh shit, you thought stuff might go sideways. But having dug in, dude, the one thing this year that we haven't had, we can score points. We can score points, like the last five years we haven't been able to score points. So if we had this big lead and lost it, you'd be like, oh shit, we might not score again. But as soon as they scored, I was like, we scored almost immediately right after them.
Speaker 1: So that was that was pretty good. It was exciting. Man.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's tc gonna do against Georgia.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It'll be a good game and that little fast, tempo, up pace offense TCU is going to give us problems and in that first half for sure, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll be watching that.
Speaker 2: What's the deal with y'all's running back by the way clean?
Speaker 3: Oh Kendrick they just updated him. Yeah he's good. I mean he has seventeen touchdowns touchdowns this year. Oh, he's a stunt man. He's is he going to play? They they were hoping for him to practice today. He hasn't practiced a single day since the game. They were hoping. He tweeted like after the game that he was going to play, but that was after. But he has like some MCL damage or whatever. And I don't know if he's a potential draft pick. He's coming back. I don't know what his deal is, but he uh, yeah, he wants to play. But that Denmark Cardo for like a backup. He's pretty nails. I mean he pretty much played the whole entire game against Michigan. I think I think Miller got hurt in the first quarter, I mean maybe early second. So you know, he had some massive, massive runs. But you need to you need to change a pace guy. Just some dude can't carry it every single time. He's going to get banged up. But both guys can catch it out of the back and do all that. But we'll see, my man, we'll see Georgia's pretty they get their best defensive guy.
Speaker 4: It'll be it'll be a good one for sure, and like I said, I think it'll be close in the first half for sure.
Speaker 1: The most interesting matchup for me is going to be Quinton Johnston against those corners at Georgia. Yeah, he's the best wide receiver in the draft this year. Probably it's top two or three and six four two forty run in a four to four.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's just hard to guard. But George's got free corners too, and so I think if they can shut him down. If Georgia can shut Quinton Johnson down, their TCU is going to have a really hard time scoring.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean some safety help over the top. I'm not sure he.
Speaker 3: Is a skill I mean they're they're a lot smarter than me. You know, if they double him or whatever, maybe they who knows, maybe we can run it, spread it around.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just a weird matchup because we're probably undersized compared to most SEC but really fast. But then our skill position guys elite skill position guys. So it's gonna come down to It's gonna come down to the defense man.
Speaker 1: See, we have slow them down.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize like Georgia played TCU in the twenty sixteen Liberty Bowl. That's we were at the same level five or six years ago. See twenty sixteen we played each other in the Liberty Bowl. That was the that was the level both squads were on. So both both squads have improved. I would say since that, and I think that was like a dirty matchup. I don't think that was we barely missed out on the conference championship. I think that was a we both are Bowl eligible type situation and we still played.
Speaker 2: Both were not very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy, man, Georgia bounce back extremely fast and freaking now that we can score points again. Who knows PD what from the outside looking in, PD just listening to my PD thinks George will probably win, but he thinks he'll be close or else.
Speaker 2: I do Yeah, Ped, I.
Speaker 3: Would never put my money with PD, but who knows I might have to do with that.
Speaker 1: Well. I mean, we played Georgia not three weeks ago, and I watched that game. I would pay Yeah, everybody face me, that's not a that's not a secret. I mean it. I'm a faith faith guy. Everything I pick is wrong, I do think. I mean, I watched LSU play Georgia. Shit, what was that like early December a month ago in the SEC Championship. Ye, and we kind of exposed y'all secondary a little bit, you know, scoring scoring thirty points on y'all was a lot. And then Ohio State did it again last week. So that's where I bring in the matchup with Quinton Johnson and y'all secondary quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: The only difference was in the LSU game it was our second string against y'all and so of our first it was the first string last week.
Speaker 1: Well, they're both sucks that they both sucked it, so we gotta we got to figure out something else for TCU because both of them suck. Uh So man, that's the thing though, that's going to be the matchup.
Speaker 2: Win by one or one hundred, I'll tell you it.
Speaker 1: Well for sure. Yeah, did you go to the Peach Bowl.
Speaker 2: I didn't know we were gonna go, but then ending up doing something well, something.
Speaker 1: Else, that's what that was. My My cocky, arrogant attitude in twenty nineteen with LSU was like, screw that, I'm not going to the to the semifinal game. We're gonna win that one. I'll just wait for the Natty and then I was like shit when we started playing Oklahoma's like, damn it, what if we lose and I miss out on like the once in a lifetime playoff game but thankfully one whatever, But yeah, this is gonna be sweet. We get there on Sunday. I'm gonna be you know, big TCU homer with my hipno toad sweater on uh, doing all doing all the stuff. But man, this is this is an interesting year. I mean, an unranked TCU to start the year basically runs the table and is playing for the Natty. It's kind of refreshing, dude, because Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Ohio, Michigan. These are teams that are in it every year. It's it's pretty cool to see like a little private school from Fort Worth. But I will say, like driving around Fort Worth all the time, I see more students from TCU with californ your license plates than any other state other than Texas. So I would expect a massive TCU crowd. Good grill uh out there. You know it's a hike.
Speaker 3: It's a hike, dude, from I mean that's across the country from Georgia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of people that are not going because it's so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it'll it's gonna be. It's gonna be fun. Man.
Speaker 3: In college, dude, you know, if you have a if you have a good quarterback in college in like especially like TCU plays people close and they can come from behind. Like, if you have a good QB, that's that's massive. That's how you freaking win games. Man. Like ls I mean when Burrow came to LSU a few years ago, same deal and whatever. Benetitt at Georgia, like he's perfect in there, dude, what do you think about Kirby Absolutely dump truck. He didn't even dump truck him. He like buried him alive. After the game, after he threw for like two hundred yards on the fourth quarter and two tuddies or whatever he did. He's like, he basically was like, yeah, he's gonna have to play way better if he's gonna make a difference or something. I mean, did you hear him after the game, hut Kirby talking about him?
Speaker 4: I was like, shit, everyson black and white, you man, I mean, god damn, Like, and why not gonna beat around the bush? I mean Stetson kind of struggled early in the first half. But I mean what the kid's done in the fourth quarters in some games, it's been truly remarkable, unbelievable. I mean, the kids pretty good, pretty good, there's no doubt.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I mean he's obviously not fragile because he would have been crying.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was. I mean it was definitely sloppy there. It was for sure sloppy.
Speaker 4: But man, he's he's figured out, like Stetson's kind of taking in the pam away. I mean, it's what I've talked about with some other Georgia guys. It's like we are doing to teams what Bamo did for so long like that. It's like when we had Jalen Hurts smash. I want to say, it was like.
Speaker 5: Seventeen when we were in the National Jimmy with them, I want to say, And I mean they were losing, they lost the National Championship game, but brought in this freshman left hand or name two of that just beat all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Can you imagine what was going through Nick Saban's head right there, Like they're getting there, they're getting their ass kicked, and they bringing a freshman left hander he's got Well, He's.
Speaker 4: Like, well we got to try something where we're gonna lose, so it doesn't matter what I mean, we got.
Speaker 2: To do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right. I mean I think, uh, I think. I think Nick Saban's on on a decline. I mean, I don't even know. That sounds horrible saying that, because but I do. I think he's lost a step. Yeah, this year they had two losses. You know, they lost back combining what three points in the last play of the game. But still, man, I mean, Georgia, you have to win the SEC championship, be in the playoff, and when they expanded to twelve, it's it's not going to make as much of a difference.
Speaker 3: You're right, dude, PD I was going to say that before the twelve college is going to be because I like, give whatever, you know my opinion. I think the postseason the NFL is like fifty times elite until my team's in it.
Speaker 1: Then I love it.
Speaker 3: In college, but once they get twelve, it's going to be the best thing ever, best thing ever.
Speaker 1: Once they have twelve, it's dogshit.
Speaker 3: There's too many nerds that get to pick who goes in right now, and this year I thought that was pretty I thought those teams were pretty accurate. But you know, you could have put Alabama twelve teams in the playoff. Hut, we were just talking about twelve teams in the playoff. It's going to make college the greatest thing ever. That's where the NFL is just ahead, is the playoff part. Now it's from a fans perspective, Well, from the fans perspective, it's awesome, and then they still get a buy, the top teams still get a buy or whatever.
Speaker 2: But I like eight teams.
Speaker 1: I think it would be fine.
Speaker 4: I don't think bars enough, I don't think I don't think bores enough, but I think it's perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Now Saban is all a big fan of twelve all of a sudden now that George is good as shit and he knows that he might not get into the SEC because now same thing. Georgie is like, Allen, they know Alabama's going to be good for a while, saying with lsu else he was like, shit, we got to beat Bama and Georgia.
Speaker 1: Can we do that? Whatever? And you bet you're ass.
Speaker 3: Texas and Oklahoma won twelve because they're gonna be mid tier teams and they're hoping that they can sneak through, but now they can go full political pick and people. It will still get scrutinized by some people, but at least you know, if you win your conference, you're in automatically. And then they picked then they picked three, assuming nobody merges or whatever, they picked three h three at large, and there shouldn't be as much controversy over the three at large, Like TCU would have had to have been one of those at large this year because they can't. Kansas State would have gone in, and then obviously, you know, there would have been a couple other ones. But I think that'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 4: I just don't know if you should be an automatic qualifier though winning your conference if bits I mean kind of a weak conference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, well you're right. I think I think.
Speaker 4: Tc you should have been there. I mean they lostn't I mean they lost a last play of the game.
Speaker 2: Like is what it is? They went undefeated, like they should have never been aided out. I don't think at.
Speaker 3: Least you know, though, so there's still three at like they still get three picks. No shit, they get more than that. Sorry, there's twelve teams. They get seven picks after the five conference.
Speaker 1: I can't even do math. Seven is a lot.
Speaker 3: So even if you don't, you know, if you win your conference, even if it's not as good, yeah, you're still in. You're still going to be in as one of those seven, Like Kansas State would have got in. And I think Kansas State would have got in this year even if it was the twelve because they were.
Speaker 1: Ranked like tenth or whatever.
Speaker 3: But probably would have seen Bama, probably would have seen Tennessee, probably would have seen USC. You know, the pack the Big Ten would have been what it was.
Speaker 2: USC was pretty mediocre.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got exposed.
Speaker 4: Clemson wasn't Clemson wasn't they're now the Clemson that they were.
Speaker 3: Well, then the big boys don't play each other. Yeah, the big boys don't have to worry about getting banged up. Those teams that you talked about, those are the guys who would bang up on each other during the off week.
Speaker 1: And then we don't have to wait a goddang month to watch.
Speaker 3: The playoffs either, like they'll technically start right after it.
Speaker 4: That will be nice because there'll there'll be games that mean something, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, what's the what's the threshold to where you don't care about the bowl game is I don't really start watching them until Christmas, Like I don't watch the ones before Christmas, and I don't really think anyone does h once Christmas rolled around. I mean, the announcers that they have for those are are they just I've never heard of any of them. They look like they picked them up off the side of the road like that. They're not good and there's no one in the stands, no one cares, so I think they could. What was there like eighty teams that made a bowl game this year? Something insane? And then they do the Conference Challenge. Yeah, they do the Conference Challenge, which I think is the dumbest thing ever. You know, people are like, oh, we hate these teams all year, and all of a sudden during bollseason, they pull for the teams they hated all year, Like it just makes no sense to me.
Speaker 3: I want Georgia. I want Georgia to lose every football.
Speaker 1: Game they play. I want Alabama to lose it every sport that they play. I hate everybody in our conference all the time, but even even during ball season and then they make a big deal, Oh I want I want Georgia to win because they're in the SEC and we're in the SEC. Of Like, that makes no fucking sense, Like you people, I don't get it. I don't get But but while we're on the conference topic, this is something that I've talked about with Gleen, I talked about a few other people. The conferences are all top heavy, right, people argue the SEC is the best conference. No, no, they're not. The SEC has four or five teams that are the best teams, but the rest of the SEC is terrible. Like they'd be terrible in the Big Twelve, they'd be terrible in the ACC. They would not dominate in those conferences. Like people say, like a lot of people say they would like, you take a South Carolina in the SEC, and you put them in the Big twelve, they're still going to be six and six, seven and five. You know, you take a Vanderbilt.
Speaker 4: Although that's South Carolina team that played the last part of the season was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Spencer Raler did have moments this year where he looked like a Heisman cannon it.
Speaker 4: I mean the last four games of the years now, Carolina looked like a pretty good.
Speaker 1: Football team, all right, So maybe that was like a terrible example. Maybe maybe a Florida, like a Florida, all right, A six, A six and seven Florida. They would be terrible at every conference. Just because they're in the SEC. They get like a preseason ranking of twenty though, this which is chicken shit. Yeah, but yeah, no Georgia and TCU this weekend, I'm gonna be betting TCU plus twelve. I don't think a money line is to play there think it was point. I don't think the money line is to play. But I think the dude, I think they hang around. They're just a tough, tough football team.
Speaker 3: You know, a Mattress Mac. Mattress Mac believes in us. Do you guys see that bet Mattress Mack. He money lined TCU two point one three million to win eight million?
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, yeah, that dude, that was a real bet. What was that bet that he made?
Speaker 4: He's as to win the World Series.
Speaker 1: He flew he flew to Vegas to pick it up. Is like truckload of cash up on his plane. Yeah, ten million cash or something like that. He uh, I can't remember what he did.
Speaker 2: They were like, I still think you lost Martin?
Speaker 3: Was it before the World Series. I don't know if it was before the season or before the World Series. I think it must have been before the season because he was like plus four fifty or five hundred for the Astros to win it all and he got like two million bucks on it.
Speaker 1: There you go have a day. Yeah, that's big sack, big stack.
Speaker 2: Well wouldn't you.
Speaker 1: That's the good shit, dude.
Speaker 3: What we were talking about the tailgate and I saw that like pop up today on Twitter or whatever. Does that mean you can sit in the back of your van or truck or calf whatever in California, your your tesla or whatever you got and drink beer? Still can't he or you can't even hang out in the parking lot? Like what is the or do they just say you can't like play games and cook and stuff? Like what does that mean exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't I'm not really sure. I know there's a I know there's a.
Speaker 4: Big Georgia tailgate that I'm going to that's a very close proximity, like walking distance.
Speaker 2: I bought tickets to to.
Speaker 4: Go go and hang out before the game, But I'm not really sure about physically tailgating at the stadium.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they have infrastructure for all that or what. I don't know. Parking's a lot or.
Speaker 3: The stadium is supposed to be insane, Yeah, it supposed to be insane, but it should never be allowed to host.
Speaker 1: Another college event.
Speaker 3: Ever, though, if they don't let you hang out and tailgate in the parking lot, I mean, give me a freaking brain. NFL games, there's tailgating going on, not like college though, that's where you just sit there eight hours before, just freaking hang out all day. So anyway, I was just wondering what exactly that meant, no tailgame, but it sounds stupid, So I'm out. I'm out on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, enough of that.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna drive there to drive here?
Speaker 2: Are you going to the bank?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not driving there. Well, I had to bail. I had to bail.
Speaker 3: We had to make a call, We had to make a call, and we were scrambling for someone to watch our kids. So I'm not like all the Georgia guys that bought that knew they were going to win and buy all their shit way in ants and had their plans to go out there already. Why were you offering to pick me up way easier to meet up in your in if you pick me up in your plane, I'll go out there.
Speaker 1: I'll find a way to get into the stadium.
Speaker 2: I will there.
Speaker 1: You go, man, this Hey, that's not a bad way to go, dude. I mean you're probably flying right over his house. No, the direction you're going. A lot of people do this, like my friends that are alums. They aren't tour golfers or whatever. They like, set up their ship so they can play golf every time. Like I was in Phoenix for a long time, so we play golf. You ever bring your clubs on a casual.
Speaker 3: Trip like this to tee it up or no way in hell, there's just a pand out longer th No, I have it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we thought about it, but uh, I'm about to play a lot of golf coming up, so and being being gone all day someday and just to play golf, uh for the one day two days that I'm gonna be there and settle well, so I will not be playing golf. But no, there's a lot of guys that we're setting up golf troops out in LA playing L A c. C. Playing bel air, playing ring, And I was thinking about doing it, but I was like, man, we're gonna be going from ten of the morning tu six at night.
Speaker 1: Are you bringing the kids?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 3: Nice, I just partying. He's just partying, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we're doing that. This is gonna be our first trip without the kids in years. And it's only two days. Oh my god, who who is watching all your kids? Parents? Watching all your kids? Petie, my two parents. We got a six month old too, so it's going to be a struggle for him. But uh, you know they're saints, man, they're saints. Yeah, we couldn't do without them. But yeah, what are you doing on Sunday? If you're not playing golf? What are you doing on Sunday?
Speaker 2: Hey, how is parenting four kids?
Speaker 1: By the way, parenting four kids? How is it? It's constant case. I'm literally like, I'm staring at my two year old right here with his passy and he's got his head stuck on the glass, messing the entire I'm telling him to close the door, he won't close the door. Or there's my three year old, she's making a mesk. It's just it's constant chaos. You live with it, though, live it. What are you doing on Sunday? We need to hook up.
Speaker 2: I don't know. My wife has a lunch somewhere. I man, I'm along for the ride.
Speaker 4: This is my this is not my show until four thirty four fifteen Monday, and.
Speaker 1: I call them and then you call the shots. Yeah, but it's.
Speaker 2: Other than that. I hanging.
Speaker 4: I'll call you whenever we get out there. But yeah, they were just my wife's got a lunch or something and then we're going to dinner.
Speaker 2: But going out there with a.
Speaker 3: Group of people, that's that's the Yeah, that's that's the best is when you actually are sitting by people that you know.
Speaker 1: That's what made dude.
Speaker 3: So the Fiesta Bow tickets whatever not cheap and I had to buy them in a place where they say TCU section, but you never freaking know when you're buying on seat geek or I can't remember when we bought it. And I was like, that would be the worst shit ever If I spend all these money and I'm just wedged between Michigan people, like I.
Speaker 1: Would lose my freaking fine. That's one nice.
Speaker 3: Thing about knowing you're like with the group, because how that's the worst shit ever, especially but with my kids, Like if I'm by myself, like I'll pop off to somebody if they're like being a dick, but like my kids, like he could barely even see so he's standing on the seat. And then I was like, I'm buying a bunch of jerks, Like this is gonna be freaking miserable, but thank.
Speaker 1: God we were buy a bunch of the middle fans.
Speaker 3: I will say this and no offense hide, but I think like pretty much forty nine out of fifty states or probably cheering for TCU to win this game if they did a map, if they did the purple purple red map situation, just an underdog scenario, like I think, dude, it was wild in Phoenix. I think it was like all the local fans, you know how they give tickets to whatever, they were all going for TCU. Like just I just think they going to the game. They're probably watching some underdog scenario.
Speaker 4: But real, no, dude, it's a numblee. I mean there's no getting around it. I mean, unranked the national championship too.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a new coach. It's an incredible story. This is that's what the that's what I've been looking for for a.
Speaker 1: Long eighty years or something. I mean, ECU hadn't won a national championships. It's nineteen thirty eight, dude. They've been low key under the radar on Dinosaurs Rum. Yeah, well it's called Carter dude, Carter Boys on ESPN plus. This year they've documented every single week and no one really talked about it until like a few weeks ago or whatever.
Speaker 3: But it's pretty good. It's like Hard Knock except for college every single week.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Like Sonny, Yeah, dude, I mean Sonny, Sonny's new. Like people were leaving the program they didn't know, you know, GP Patterson recruited all these guys pretty much. So, but that transfer portal and all that stuff, dude, you can you can bounce back quick man.
Speaker 1: You can get a squad together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that transfer portal was going to kill college sports, I think personally.
Speaker 1: But it's better for smaller schools.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's going to hurt bigger schools, but for school like you're seeing it first year and today I saw today, about an hour ago, Alabama's running back, Alabama's backup running backs transfer into TCU. Former five star like tc would never have a chance at an Alabama running back, you know, until until this kind of era.
Speaker 2: And Alabama's running back this year was a stud from Georgia Tech.
Speaker 1: There you go from Georgia Tech. Yeah, of all places.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and then they got that I don't know, I don't know about that quarterbacky backup that's going to start next year. He kind of looks a little shitty to me from I'm sure you'll find somebody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll probably get Kaylen Williams or something. It'll transfer that.
Speaker 1: Pretty Yeah, Savan probably figured out I'd put my money there. Uh, Colleen, how are the fans? How are the Michigan fans? Were they? Were they polite?
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't think they were too obnoxious because I think they thought that they were going to beat our ass and they didn't really know that much about it. Dude, I love Pornoy Now he's like all aboard the TCU trained to see him today. Tweet out the picture of he's an Austin with UH with Joe Rogan and he tweets out a picture he passes ut Stadium and he's like, oh this is where is this where j TCU's JV team practices or whatever? It says right, like he's all about he's like I got hypnotted to death like he was. He was, he was right. I mean, he was right there, you know how he pops off about everything. But man, I thought it was I thought it was all right. But I think they were there in shock because the whole game, I think we were we played better than them, Like we pushed him around all over the place, the whole deal. I mean, you know, McCart whatever, JJ McCarthy threw a couple of pick sixes, but they still scored a zillion points. I think they thought they were going to hold us to like ten points and win like twenty to ten or something like that. I don't know what they exactly they thought was gonna was going to happen. But I mean, like you said, we have Quinton Johnston is you know, projected fifth or sixth pick in the in the draft. Overall, like they can score points running back score seventeen Tuddies and Max Max dug and runner up in Heisman.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're gonna they're gonna score points.
Speaker 3: That's why I see, Like, you know, if George in Vegas usually doesn't get it wrong with Georgia wins By double digits. I don't think it's gonna be ten to twenty five, like I think it's gonna be thirty.
Speaker 1: To forty eight or something like that. I think it'll be one of those type of games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's gonna be a very close first half and just kind of see what happens in that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 1: I like it. C I'm kind of I'm kind of I've never been to a football game. Well, I've been to bunch of TCU games, but I've never been to a football game that means this much and not be really pulling for one of the teams. I'm pulling for TCU, but not be emotionally connected to the team. So it'll be interesting for me to sit there kind of as a not not middle ground, I mean, I'm leaning TCU, but but pretty much a non biased fan and just watch the entertainment value of a national championship, which I've only been to one. It was three years ago and when LSU played, and to compare it to that, you know, just just kind of to see how missed or how Georgia and TCU fans interact and all that, and I would imagine it would be a very respectful, you know, kind of meeting because Georgia fans notoriously are some of the best in the SEC as far as treatment goes. Y'all always y'all, always y'all always are really pretty pretty respectful. I thought, I mean, way better than Bama and Tennis. Tennessee is the worst. There's no one worse than Tennessee. But I would always thought when we played Georgia's like, man, you know, Georgia, Georgia fans are always pretty cool, ole miss pretty bad. But TCU fans are very nonchalant, like very very flatliners. Yeah, you know, I always thought that way about Georgia too, So being a non biased UH fan, I'm kind of excited to see the interaction, like there's yelling at each other, you know whatever in the stand. I just don't I don't see that happening. I think it'll be a very docile interaction between the fans, but you don't see each other. Dude.
Speaker 3: That's the same with Michigan, Like the people aren't talking shit popping off because you never see him. When was the last time TU played Michigan Like dreaking in the Herbert I don't know. I have no idea freaking Ulysses s Grant and administration. I have no idea when they played Georgia played TCU in the twenty sixteen Liberty Bowl, but no one gives a shit about that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, I don't even remember.
Speaker 3: I don't even know. You don't even know how far they've come since then.
Speaker 2: But it was one of those bulls. It was one of those bulls, and nobody was snowing or sleeting.
Speaker 3: It was like one of those deals. It was in some town where winter doesn't really escape and was probably sleeting, and that was That's Memphis.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: That's all she wrote.
Speaker 3: Man, But people when they don't match up, I mean, it's it's hard. You get excited to go, but when you don't play a team, it's like Pete, if if Notre Dame came to play, well, you play Notre Dame, I guess or Elsie whatever. You play a team, you never ever play usc LSU.
Speaker 1: We played Purdue for the first time.
Speaker 3: We produced terrible, but like someone good where it would be like a normal matchup.
Speaker 4: Why did you all get match up against because all were losses and y'all won the West and what's the deal.
Speaker 1: With Yeah, we were both conference championship losers. That's that's why they matched us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but I mean, how how much ship could you have talked to Purdue before the game, even if it's a playoff game.
Speaker 1: How much Georgia Georgia would have beat Purdue one hundred to seven. Georgia would have bet Purdue. They would have they would have scored one hundred on Purdue. I'm pretty sure he always scored one hundred.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: That was the worst football team that that was actually decent all year that I've ever seen. Eight and four somehow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about like State?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that was a surprise. In the Rose Bowl. I had a lot on on you. Well, what's his face?
Speaker 3: Once his face got hurt?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Man, like their Utah's guy, who's the guy that transferremed Texas their QB?
Speaker 1: What the hell are they going to do? Once he went out?
Speaker 3: Like the game was pretty close right there, Like he could have gone definitely gone either way because it was about to pick him before it started or one or two points. But dude, once he went down, that other kid had started raining. He just started throwing wounded duck pick sixes all over the place. I mean, and then and then Penn State like back to back plays, has an eighty eight yard run like longest run in the Rose Bowl and longest pass in the Rose Bowl like consecutive drives, and then it's over.
Speaker 1: That's all, she wrote.
Speaker 3: What's up for the people, fam, We're super excited to have Gooder Sunglasses as a sponsor for the entire year. Gooder Sunglasses every pair of twenty five to thirty five bucks, one UV protective, one hundred percent polarized, and they make great golf specific lenses. They make brighter lenses.
Speaker 1: They make a dark lens called.
Speaker 3: Back nine Blackout that's my favorite for multiple reasons. So go ahead and head to www dot goo dr dot com insert code FTP fifteen. That'll get you a nice little diount. Also free returns within thirty days, one year, warranty, free shipping over fifty bucks. So go ahead, get yourself a couple pair.
Speaker 1: Of goods and have a day.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, we all know golf is hard, but looking good on the course definitely doesn't have to be. Our guys that live forever golf promote a comfortable lifestyle on and off the golf course. They've got Polos golf shorts, five pocket performance pants, out of wear activewear, bunch of cool T shirts, a bunch of cool hats.
Speaker 1: You can go to live forever golf dot.
Speaker 3: Com and remember remember it's for the player, not the game, So use code nails twenty to get yourself twenty percent off live forever golf dot.
Speaker 1: Com their nails. Check them out. Have y'all ever been to the Rose Bowl?
Speaker 2: I have it, dude.
Speaker 1: It is such a shithole. It is such a shitty stadium. I don't understand why people like that place. We played there two years ago against U C.
Speaker 4: L A.
Speaker 1: And it is a dump. It's in the middle of like a golf course and the stadium is maybe eighty feet tall total. It's just real wide. I don't know. I hated concessions. There's only like four concession stands the whole thing. There's like four bathroom it's far away from the field. You go to get a beer and you got to go piss and you miss an entire quarter. It's just just sucks.
Speaker 3: That's a shithole. The coliseum. Coliseum is a shithole. Sofi Sofi is probably probably the bomb or whatever.
Speaker 2: But I've heard so far it's awesome. I've heard it's a good, good stadium.
Speaker 1: Who plays it? So Fi? Charge Chargers and Ann Rams, Matt Stafford, Matt Staffa. He's a Highland Park Dallas guy. Yeah, dude, what a team they had. You remember you remember Paul Haley. Huh yeah, Paul Haley, Matt Stafford and Clayton Kershaw Kershaw. We're all in the same graduating class in one high school. I'm I mean, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Matt Stafford was catching Clayton Cursal Hershall in high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty good. I didn't know that. Yeah, Jesus, I would hate to do that. There's a lot of things I'd rather do than classicating cur sh Well.
Speaker 2: I think Matt Stafford. Matt Stafford do like ninety five to two in high school.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he did.
Speaker 4: Sure he did so a football eighty yards in the air, just licking at is.
Speaker 1: He was he there? He was in Georgia when you were there, wasn't he?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're the same year.
Speaker 1: Okay, so uh he's been in the league fifteen years now, late Yeah, fourteen, fourteen years. I got yeah, all right, Well that's enough for the national championship. We just spent thirty five minutes talking about TCU Georgia. Let's talk about you. That's why you're here. What are you doing next?
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'd rather talk about a game, but yeah, I keep going.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, one question? Where are you playing golf next?
Speaker 2: I'm playing the SHOUTI International.
Speaker 1: Oh dirty? Yeah, when's that first week of February? Are you playing for like one hundred million dollars something insane?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. It's just a warm up.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, just a warm up. It's eighty eight million.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's a co sanction event.
Speaker 1: It had been with a DP World Tour.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if DP World Tour is still part of it, but it's an Asian Tour event takes off the Asian Tour season. It's been a growing event, popular event for the last.
Speaker 1: Why for a while the one that Harold made it like one hundred foot Yeah, Harold made it, but Dustin's won numerous times.
Speaker 4: It's been it's been a big event over there for a while. So, uh, this will be my first time going. And I played the golf. We played a live event there towards the end of last year of our season. So uh, you're looking forward to going back and hanging on the Red Sea, sweet.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 3: I like how he's like, I'm not playing in LA because I got a bunch of golf coming up, and he goes, I'm playing next to February. Don't worry about it. It's in a month they'll be playing. Pity you want to play? I know, man, I got to play a ship. When are you playing a PD like spring break? I gotta go play someplace here I got, I got a cabo and play golf in March.
Speaker 1: I want to play.
Speaker 2: I'm taking I'm taking the kids in June. Yeah, that was perfect.
Speaker 1: That's about right, though, that's about right.
Speaker 2: That's been a month.
Speaker 1: That's great. Well, this is going to be an uncomfortable question for you, Hud, and I think, well, I think it's absolutely ridiculous because it's just not how I operate, not how any normal level headed person operates. But I have heard that you have lost friendships over going to the live It's true. Ah, that's what the media is talking or they have said. And I was just like, man, I got to ask him because that just sounds there's definitely been some change and treatment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will dive into it, but yeah, I mean things have changed for sure.
Speaker 1: Jeez, so god forbid you do something that's beneficial for you and your family. You know, it's just fucking crazy. Yeah, that's sad, though, dude. I'm actually I'm pretty sad to hear you confirm that there has been some friendships.
Speaker 4: That have been restored and kind of sat down hash it out, and then there's some.
Speaker 2: That not to much.
Speaker 1: But really it is just not even going to give you a chance to explain yourself.
Speaker 2: Agreed to disagree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're playing You're playing golf for your job, and that's what you're doing basically. Some people are some people just get pissed off or whatever. Twitter is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Just some people just want to see the world burn, you know, if you're not, if you're doing better than them and you made a better decision, and they're just jealous about it. It's just jealousy. Brides. But no golf for you for a month, all right, No wonder you're not taking your golf clubs this week. That'd be too much for the next thirty days.
Speaker 2: Even like two and a half weeks, three weeks?
Speaker 1: What are you taking a boat to get there?
Speaker 2: I mean shit, no, no, I mean the first week I leave. I think I'll leave like the twenty something.
Speaker 1: That's all right, Look, we don't care leave I leave night twenty night. Oh wow, all right, three and.
Speaker 3: A half sounds like it's close to the end of the month.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter, whatever, it's all good. I can take all two days for sure. Yeah, I've taken off two years. I probably still have to give you shots.
Speaker 2: Exactly, did you.
Speaker 1: Kill any deer this year?
Speaker 4: I killed one deer in October. It is nice I might kill We need to kill some does at our place, so uh maybe next week?
Speaker 1: Get home from the natty on a week ross.
Speaker 2: What about you where? I mean, what about that stud you kill? Was that tied up to a tree or what?
Speaker 1: I see? Everybody says that. And no, I've never even hunted. I've never been on the high fence ranch. It's like it's like I don't get any respect as a hunter. I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: We're talking about a tree. No, and you were just feeding this dear?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate you? Uh No, that was that was on that was on my wife's ranch in West Texas and Albany actually probably enjoy Albany. Let's go shot him at shot him at nine.
Speaker 2: Yards Washington Bar.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I couldn't spear him because he's tight up.
Speaker 3: You can shoot something tight up from a mile away.
Speaker 2: Did you shoot him with a three hundred win maggot nine yards?
Speaker 1: I shot him?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Jesus, see, this is the this is why I don't like talking hunting, all right. And Brian Harmon, Brian Harmon was the worst about this on tour. When I'd sit there at breakfast and we start talking hunting, I'd be like, yeah, I kill the Gilda one. Here's a picture of it, and then immediately pull out his phone to be like, here's mine. It's bigger than yours. I'm a better hunter than you, and like that's why I don't like talk hunting. I don't like talking hunting with anyone because they all try to one up you, and I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 2: There's not too many things, and uh, there's not too many deer. Georgia the bigger or not you shot.
Speaker 1: I know that, but they they I think they went to Texas or something or what the King Ranch. I went to the King Ranch and killed a deer or whatever. But uh, anyway, you kill. Yeah, he was a year.
Speaker 2: Whether he was.
Speaker 1: Proud of it, he wasn't tied up damn it. But that's the thing though, you talk, you talk hunting, and like it's so weird. It's like the only topic where guys feel like they have to one up each other all the time. And Brian Arman was the worst at I remember a specific instance at the Sony Open in two thousand was that I had been in twenty seventeen or something like first tournament of the year. Right, hunting season just ended. I was like, oh yeah, we I love talking hunting with Brian too because it was fun and this this this time ended it. I was like, I'm not talking hunting it. I sit there and we get that. You get that pineapple bowl, right, that Hawaiian breakfast. You get the pineapple with the fried rice. Heg yeah, and just got hamm in it. It's awesome, so good spamball, I mean, whatever it is, it's so good. I'm eating it. Brian The's guy hit whatever he's got. We're talking hunting. That you kill a deer? I was like, yeah, I killed the deer. Yeah, I showed him picture of on my phone. He's oh nice, And he specifically set me up so he could tell me about his dear and then he goes on this like five minute rant about how he did it, how it was, you know, he like trek through the mud and the pouring rain, it was four degrees.
Speaker 2: And blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I'm like, all right, I just got up. It's like, I've never talked to hunting so anyway, hunters are the only group of people that do that though, And it's it's like I totally understand, like everybody just be happy for everyone about their hunting.
Speaker 2: All right, did you kill any other deer?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I killed I killed three bucks and two does this year. Just two calls though the other.
Speaker 2: Bucks were just calls, so gotcha.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just laying management. Yeah, cold Bucks, Coldbucks and does. But yeah, he was a good one. He was a good one. He ended up being like one fifty one fifty three.
Speaker 2: Dare you guild? He was only one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifty three. Yeah, I would have taken the over for I know everybody's it's all about the picture. Bro, you gotta take good pictures. You know, that's the angle. Take good picture. Yeah, it's all about the angle. Man.
Speaker 2: I thought that deer was like one hundred and ninety inches.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, he was a monster.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't even didn't even get him shoulder mounted. I took him home and cut his head off and bowled him the next day your row Yeah, yeah, yeah, ducks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was still jealous.
Speaker 1: Well you got to come over here. Our place is sick, man. I took Sam Burns out there. Oh when was that three years ago? And he killed he killed three bucks. Yeah, it's a nice place, sweet spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Out here in West Texas, y'all can land that big ass lived Yet right there on the ten thousand foot runway in all Miny Texas and.
Speaker 2: The big old lived jets South.
Speaker 1: Have you been on that thing?
Speaker 2: No, that was just a chartered playing from the to the jp mcmaon is pro.
Speaker 1: Oh you need to go to that one.
Speaker 3: That one looked like a part That plane looked like a party situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I think you was.
Speaker 1: Have you been drug tested yet on the lift tour?
Speaker 2: I know, but I don't know have No.
Speaker 1: I was just wondering I mean, I don't assume that you are blowing coke or whatever, but well, yeah, maybe on Monday night.
Speaker 3: After George, maybe he just maybe a drug test himself, just for the hell of it, just to see what's going down.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't think I need to start that.
Speaker 4: I feel like I would like it too much start that, especially not at thirty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was wondering about that as wonder. I was like, man, I've seen all these lived to her live to your guys having a hell of a time all the time. I wonder if they get drug test. I mean, it's so stupid to freaking drug test golfers anyway, Like, yeah, and what are you going to do? I guess you could guess you could take beta blockers or something and that might help you a little bit.
Speaker 4: Hgh would I mean, if you're thinking about it, if you fell good.
Speaker 1: Every day, Yeah, there's a lot of stude. There's a lot of things.
Speaker 3: You can take that would that would help you, I'm sure. I mean, what do you think the NFL guys would look like? I mean, what do you think the NFL guys are yoked and they get drug tested?
Speaker 1: Like on the leg?
Speaker 3: There? Can you imagine if there was no drug testing, what a freaking linebacker in the NFL would look like. I mean they would literally, I mean they can blitz.
Speaker 1: Remember that game NFL Blitz you would You can rip.
Speaker 3: Someone's head off in one second if they really wanted to a common pedestrian. I mean we're talking you and it's golf wise. I mean whatever, I get. There's a flexibility. There's still a mental game. But if you're strong as shit, like if you're taking HGH, it's going to help you. If I was on the Champions Tour in HGA, if your drugs were legal, do you know how many guys on the Champions Tour would be firing down whatever they could left and right.
Speaker 2: I mean, give me a break. I don't believe they get drug I think there might be some.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew, I knew Bernhard. I knew Bernhard was winning majors into his seventies for some reason, right there?
Speaker 1: Man who knows? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean what but I mean just not even for like to get big factor, but just like the recovery factor would be unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Right, we never would never be sore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just think about these kids crying.
Speaker 1: They'll give you one guest hear that. Damn it.
Speaker 2: I was wondering if Bella's mine or you're it's.
Speaker 1: The Witching hour?
Speaker 2: Do you do?
Speaker 1: I don't know what he did.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: If there ever was a group to drug tests, it'd be the Champions Tour guys. I mean they could probably take a piss every third thirty seconds. Every thirty seconds, they could take a piss if he wanted to see.
Speaker 1: That's that's the thing about having a million kids. Man, it's great, but you know, sometimes this is just this, this podcast is just a hobby for us, so that that happens ship like that. Yeah, sorry, sorry everybody, No, it's I think we're over a million downloads at this point. A million. Yeah for the people.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, there's I think there's way over that. Who knows, we don't even know. But but PD I was telling Hut, I was like, dude, the Champions Stour guys are the perfect candidate the drug test because they could piss every thirty seconds on command without a doubt if they needed to.
Speaker 4: Might not be able to get into a line, So yeah, care, yeah, it might be a little delusive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, they'll just keep it.
Speaker 3: They'll keep it open for about six holes and they'll just fill it up. Dude's that's the one thing I hated, dude, is that drug test. Like you'd have to take a piss on the seventeenth hole and you didn't know because they'd either do it, well, I guess it append PJ toy. They might do it every day corn Ferry Tour. They do it for sure after cut day, in the last day. But if you went on the seventeenth hole, what the hell are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: I remember having to delete like nine beers in Salt Lake City. Try getting nine beers in Salt Lake City. It's not easy in the locker room. There's all sorts of laws and shit going on. But I was like, just freaking forced it. I just remember forced it and then won the tournament. Credit to myself. It's like, why do I feel so I was like, why do I feel so dirty? And I was like, Oh, it's because I drank nine years at one pm right after my morning teas.
Speaker 1: Was it Tim Herron that had to get the guy, the drug test guy, to go with him from the golf course to his hotel to dinner eventually with him before he pissed finally. Was it Tim Herron?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I think it was Tim Herron. Yeah, he he was so he had such stage right with you know, holding this holding this cock for this guy to like stare at him. He couldn't piss, so he just kept drinking water, kept drinking water. Guy's with him in his courtesy car, goes to his hotel. He showers and changes, still hasn't pissed, goes to dinner with the guy. Guy goes with him to dinner. He finally pisses at like a steakhouse in a in a cup for the school. Yeah, I think it was Tim Harron.
Speaker 2: It was it was You can't make that well, I think I'm.
Speaker 1: Pretty sure it was Tim Aroon years ago. But yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't even know you were allowed to leave. Oh h I say he probably pissed like all night long either.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was like an hour or something that he was there. He couldn't do.
Speaker 2: It, So knock on wood. I'll always just been over.
Speaker 1: We're just a man.
Speaker 3: You have control of your unit, hud. Credit to yourself for that, dude. The best, the best, the best lumpy.
Speaker 1: Story I heard.
Speaker 3: He went to New Mexico and like in college, you're not allowed to do tobacco. It's like straight up disqualification. And he was like he wasn't like a he'd he wouldn't like throw in a dip. He would like burn heaters, so like you could hide a dip, like you can't hide burning heaters.
Speaker 1: Like That's so in.
Speaker 3: New Mexico during the like they had an event and one of the holes runs ob and they cut a hole in the chain link fence on like five or whatever it is at un M course and he would walk out ob and burn chief down like three SIGs before he'd get back, and there'd be another hole right where he would walk in with his drive and that's where he would get like his fix every single time. And they like like checked checked with the rolling and everything, and he wasn't in, he wasn't on property, he wasn't like on the arena or whatever.
Speaker 2: And he would just chief three skigs on the side of the highway and this whole un M and then come back to the fence. Okay, I think there's a similar story like that with Spencer Levee.
Speaker 3: Sure been part of it, might have been part of it.
Speaker 4: Probably, but uh, Yeah, I've definitely heard like Spencer Agents ripping a heater and a quarter party in a college and maybe I don't know, that just seems a little too much. Or he might have called him fire a cigarette, but I don't like that's a little too much like that would have really, But I definitely, I definitely some multiple people have told me he would go and four pies and Chief SIGs and just be going out.
Speaker 2: What a what a legend man letting legend alone.
Speaker 3: He's he's he's an A plus a plus human being. Man doesn't smoke anymore, hasn't smoked in years, but freaking but yeah, he's also dry. Yeah, I mean he started when we were kids. He would be Chief and SIGs. I mean we were kid kids, Like you couldn't even buy it with a fake ide. They wouldn't sell it to you. You like, like he's for a long time. But yeah, he's he quit man, God dang, he'd throw that thing down sometimes he put it in there. I mean the old school guys that hit like his missile drives with the skig still burning in their mouth, like that's the that's just a legendary picture.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, John Dailey, maybe yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean one hundred thousands minceel Levine had a chance to win at Phoenix, and I just remember him just walking down the fairways just in a cloud of smoke, ash straight up.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was unbelievable. Then. I think he was leading like basically the whole tournament and it like flipped almost seventy second or something.
Speaker 1: Was that the year where it was like him and Anthony cam.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he was.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was.
Speaker 4: Ah there it was somebody else stated Repeatyon that that wasn't maybe it was a little longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might not have been.
Speaker 1: It might have been like two thousand and I played as it might have stayed at Steen's house for the twenty seventeen Yeah, yeah, yeah did you? Yeah? So he he put me and Amanda had been married like three weeks, all right, Phoenix was in We got married December Phoenix. But what was what was Phoenix like last week of January, February February anyway, Stein's like, yeah, you could stay with me, bro, you know, he is just always nice, just whatever, so like cool. I expected Steen to have a pretty decent condo. He's made a good living. So if we pull up this partment complex there and it's like pretty pretty decent from the outside, like a ses, this be fine, Amanda. Amanda's used to nice things, so she'll foot this is okay. We go up to his room. It was to this apartment. Dude looked like it hadn't been cleaned in twenty years. It looked like your sophomore year at Georgia after you didn't get your deposit back and you destroyed the entire thing. Like, he goes, this is where you're staying. So we walk into We walk into the room where we're staying, like shag carpet. He has a pretty pretty decent bed in here. It's like a queen and for night stands. For night stands, he's got two cardboard boxes that are the perfect height to put your phone on, right next to the so he doesn't have a lamp. There's no light, there's no closet space, nothing. Amandas like, we're supposed to stay here for a week. Yeah, it's Spencer. He's the best. So we set up and played Xbox and drank beer every night. I was in the final group on Sunday. After doing that for the entire week, woke up Sunday morning. I got maybe two or three hours of sleep. I was drinking red bulls in the middle of the final group on Sunday, so I was so tired staying in that staying in that shack.
Speaker 2: But yes, Stean, i'd I go for you.
Speaker 1: I think I finished like seventh or something. I shot like seventy five. It was a lot. I remember being on the sixteenth holes at the final group on Sunday and half of the sixteenth hole had already cleared out because none of us had a chance to win.
Speaker 2: Who were playing with?
Speaker 1: Oh shiit it was me and uh Martin Laird. Yep, we had We were playing threes and the I think it was Hideki. I think there was that no Hideki one. It was someone else. Twenty seventeen, I think, yeah, twenty seventeen. Yep, he'll blow up mattress and cardboard side tables Christine at the old apartment complex. That's pretty special.
Speaker 2: But better not having a night's game.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was, I mean at the job, but all right, one last, one last prediction for the Georgia TCU National Championship. Then we'll let you go. You're getting in Sunday, I believe you're probably a sports better. Obviously you're going to take the dogs for TCU. First half. You said dogs possibly over the game, Dogs for the game TCU first back.
Speaker 2: I think you're gonna win.
Speaker 4: I mean, man, it's a national championship game. It's hard to give twelve and a half points.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're given twelve and a half points away in a national championship game, what you're officially saying is the game's over by the fourth quarter. That's what you're saying, right, if your line's correct, the game's over by the fourth quarter, which I just have no I just don't see that happening at all.
Speaker 4: I just don't think there's Yeah, we haven't really done that to a good team, but we've come on.
Speaker 2: On top with a lot of good teams. Yeah, it's man.
Speaker 4: Just the two there, they're don TCU's discipline. It's gonna be it's gonna be a good matchup.
Speaker 1: How bad did you'll be Tennessee this year?
Speaker 2: Pretty badly?
Speaker 1: Okay, so that was probably your best win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was at home.
Speaker 1: That was with the healthy Hindon Hooker yeah and Jalen Hyatt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's I mean, that was the one that was supposed to be a bad matchup for US, right, big wide receiver is good guy that can hear it out.
Speaker 2: But man, for whatever.
Speaker 4: Reason they I mean, you know it is you go on the road in the SEC, it's tough. I don't care you boy, Yeah, there is my game on the in the SEC is it's not an easy place to play. You got to show up.
Speaker 1: So you always bet the bet the home team at night in the SEC.
Speaker 3: Everything, Sonny, I think Sonny dikes will help. Sonny doesn't put up with ship which is good like some like sometimes even if if he thinks like P. D. Sena this year, like Sonny executes straight up executes referees if he thinks is a questionable call, like he's he's not afraid to get freaking run up on the side.
Speaker 1: I think that's the dude.
Speaker 3: That's part of our mentality this year too. I mean, I think that ship's pretty good. We'll see, we shall see how it's gonna be a good one. YEA, go Dogs, Frogs under Frogs.
Speaker 1: It that's your professional analysis of the College Football Playoff National Championship this week. Dogs and Frogs. Hudson Swaffer, Jjkleen and me No dog in the fight, Dog Peterson. See you all next week.