Speaker 1: After being a good girl for so long, I'm in my slutty era. Flirting is my superpower. DM me for socks and panty purchases, Katie, how much for a pair of your panties?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: With etic within, I'll show your goal ruin Ita gi, except with some more sweet pursuing it to hold out Shaw shank through the sewer, Kid, Now what chilling at the Eagle?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We two in it.
Speaker 2: Three o'clock on the dock.
Speaker 3: Got a habit for my house, a goat status, Howard starting to get ratic. Shows that up multiply like a ratic tune. End zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 4: I'm hang out with her friends, rocking on your LADYO. My boys bos talking on the radio.
Speaker 2: It's time to to this walk baby, We the KT Christina.
Speaker 4: All up moment radio.
Speaker 2: Ah, Yes, happy humped everybody.
Speaker 5: It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thank you for tuning in and making us a part of your daily routine. I'm Ben Rogers, joined by Jeff skin Wade, Kevin KT Turner, Christina k Ray, little baby corn Bread Ray, and we have all hands on deck today excited about this show. We got things skin is tracking that's coming up momentarily. We got news on a Nicholas Cage movie. We've got Dallas Cowboys talk, we got Wildlife news, we got Dallas Stars talk, we got Dallas Mavericks talk. We got some sports in the mix here. We got most popular baby names, and we got a review of the new Mission Impossible movie.
Speaker 2: I'll just say that's that.
Speaker 5: Mission Impossible movie is coming up today at five forty four roughly. I'll just tell you it's incredible. Yeah, it's so freaking good. Let me ask you just one spoiler, because I know that this movie is supposed to be like wrapping up everything and making it sentimentally a big time you know on it? Does he sing to a Bob Seeger song in his underwear? No, but there is there is a point early in the movie where he is interacted with an aircraft carrier and there are fighter jets coming off that and I'm like, this is this is close to it? So an homage?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: This is like does he have some real creepy Birds of the Apocalypse sex with Nicole Kidman? Yes, movie, there's really nothing else in the movie. Let that go it's really good.
Speaker 1: Because a bad guy over the phone tell him show me the money.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, that's the good guy who says that, though right in this scenario you're talking about. Okay, does he have a particular set of skills? Did you say that's different that Hunt Hunt with? Yes, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know why you guys know anything about this movie at all. It is definitely not your lanthe because I was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw it. I was just put on an embargo to.
Speaker 5: Tell you right, you will never see this movie and you'll never miss having not seen it. But I think most people will see it and it is really really good.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: So man, my morning has been crazy. So we are now today is the first hundred one hundred degree day?
Speaker 2: Or is it ninety nine.
Speaker 6: It's supposed to be. I mean, I think it was ninety nine last night looked.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's going to get there. It's ninety seven so far. Okay, we get to this point where it ain't gonna make it. You know, just used to living here in Dallas Fort Worth, where it gets so unbelievably hot that I always feel this way when I start wearing shorts to work, I feel like I'm just wearing underwear.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, I'm so underdressed.
Speaker 5: And you, like, you interact with people on the business side of what we do in the sales side, and they're like wearing slacks and you're like wearing shorts and tennis shoes, and they're like, are you you know what I mean? It just feels like my super ill white legs are exposed and leg haired.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, I'm so unprofessional.
Speaker 5: But I think part of that is because you wear those really silky tight shorts right out any underwear exactly.
Speaker 2: I do I do without any underwear. Yeah. So I'm like, dude, you're log doing yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: And so but you get to the point where it's so hot you're like, screw it, man, it's so hot here.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just wearing shorts and so kind of in that mode already. So yesterday I wore shorts for the first time. Today, I didn't even need a mystery. Today, I'm like, oh my god, went for a walk around my neighborhood.
Speaker 2: It was so hot. I'm like, I'm wearing shorts. Screw that.
Speaker 5: And so I'm wearing shorts and tennis shoes. And I start driving in and I get, you know, for me to get to work, it's about it's about forty minutes away. And so I get about twenty minutes into that drive and realize, oh my god, skin and I have a meeting after work at a place that has a dress code. Like I didn't even can I can remember. I just like wearing the same T shirt every day, and I remember last time. I was like, all right, I was wearing like golf pants but with this T shirt.
Speaker 2: And I was like, can I get in there?
Speaker 5: And they were like I even called the restaurant and they were like, eh, we'd rather you had a collar. It's like a golf club or something, and so who are you. I'm definitely not getting in in shorts and beat up tennis shoes. And so I was stuck in this conundrum where I needed to get here to work. We had to meet here at work and do some stuff, and so I didn't have enough time to drive back. It would have cost me another forty minutes at least to go home and get back to the spot where I was, and so I had to call my wife and gosh, you was pissed off.
Speaker 2: Really. I was like, I need you to do me a favor.
Speaker 5: Can you grab a pair of pants and a pair of shoes and bring them to my office?
Speaker 2: Oh? You did that. I didn't know what else to do. But the first thing I did, I thought you were going to go to Men's warehouse. No I did.
Speaker 5: I went to Dillard's in Willobin the shops at Willoben yep. So I'm rushing in there. I pull in there. They're not selling pants anymore. It's Dallas.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh there's a million different kinds of shorts. They don't have pants.
Speaker 2: Really no.
Speaker 5: It was like, man, I could have got Lenen summer vacation pants.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: And I'm like it would have been like great when they don't wrinkle.
Speaker 5: It would have been like two hundred dollars wrinkled and I never would have worn them again. And so I'm like I had to call her. I go, hey, I'm sorry because I called her.
Speaker 2: She was so mad.
Speaker 5: I was like, I'll just go to Dillard's and get some new stuff that I'll never wear again. And she was pissed about that too. And so when I went in there, I'm in Dillers. I'm like, honey, you're not gonna like this. They don't have a single pair of pants here, Like they're not selling pants a pants store. It's a short store now, And so I had to call her, and so God bless her, cat got went and got my pants and my shoes and brought them all the way from light Farms to the toll way at six thirty five. And that's like an hour and a half round hour and a half round trip in the middle of her day.
Speaker 2: Just a grenade in the middle of her day. And she was going to, like what lay out and get a massage.
Speaker 5: So that's the thing she doesn't have to work, right because I make all the money, so much money, and so she was giving me grief, and I was like, you know, this is an important meeting from my third business that I've worked on today. We already worked on two busy that's my third business of the day. Are you sure you don't have times She's like, yeah, I'll do it, and so anyways, God bless her, she brought him here and then I just looked down at my phone before the segment started in our meeting's canceled.
Speaker 2: That meeting got canch.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you tell her that.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 5: I just texted her and said, tell her that. Here's a life hack. Though it's just something hoseby doing. They'll go get a dress or something from a place, wear at once and take it back.
Speaker 2: You're familiar with that, right, No?
Speaker 6: But well I know, yes, you know you have to do that right and just hide the tag.
Speaker 2: I feel so wrong. It does. It does.
Speaker 5: And when I learned about that, let me just go on record saying my wife does not do that, but I am aware of this happening.
Speaker 2: You do it with underwear. I do it with underwear. I do it with.
Speaker 5: Swimwear, speedos, jocks, and under He was trying on a cup at Dick's Sporting.
Speaker 2: I walked in to get some big league chew. I was like, you picking up there, big league chew.
Speaker 1: I had to get some gum and I was like, wait, why is skin asking to try on? And you were like, can I get a smaller cup?
Speaker 2: Way too big? Anything for a micro peen?
Speaker 5: Hey, this kid's cup is way too big. Do you guys have something for I don't know. Okay, so miniature people. So anyways, Yeah, my wife's not gonna be happy. Our meeting got canceled. So that sucks. That's okay, man, you can take her to dinner. But I had something else happened to me on the way in, and it's such a beating. It keeps happening to me. I'm driving in and I hear the whack and pebble hit the middle of my windshield.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: I've already replaced like three windshields. And the last time I bought a car, I bought like the windshield insurance. It was not through our friends that prosper forward. I bought through another place, and man, it is it is like we'll do anything to get out of replacing this windshield is the fakest thing I've ever paid for ever when getting a car.
Speaker 2: It sucks, man.
Speaker 5: And so now I'm like, I got this little speck in the middle of my windshield, and I know how this thing goes. It's gonna spread out and be a giant spider web, and I'm gonna have to get my whole windshield report. Sometimes if you get on it fast enough, vacant repair. I've got a guy in here that I think, can you got a guy? I got a guy, You got a guy. I'll give it to you during the Okay, we're gonna play music here in a second, I'll do it during that song. Okay, good good, all right, coming up next, Where are you now? We're getting the show going where you're gonna take us in? Think Skin is tracking. Last night in bed, my wife came up with the most badass new game, and I think Ben's gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I love it. I love it all right.
Speaker 5: It's the Bent and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 5: We like to give tickets away. We're gonna give away tickets to see mud Vain that's happening in the fall. Use the iHeart app the talkback feature. The third person that leaves their name, their phone number, their email address and can tell us the reason Ben had to stop off at Dillard's on the way to work today. We just talked about it. The first person that can tell us that I'm sorry. The third person that can tell us that leave your name, your phone number, year email address. You get those mud Vein tickets. Good luck everybody, But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Track, another edition of things Skin is Traffic.
Speaker 5: All right, so we've talked about this before. Me and Ben have cable television. I mean, Ben's got satellite, but it's the same thing. You know, one comes underground, the other ones in the satellite. All right, you do not right? KT YouTube TV guy? Okay, what do you have?
Speaker 2: Christina?
Speaker 6: We have Hulu TV.
Speaker 2: Hulu TV. So y'all don't have U Verse or nothing like that. Nope, all right.
Speaker 5: What is the main reason Ben, that you think that we continue to have that old school style of television and not cut the cord.
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 5: Just because we're old and we kind of are stuck in our ways. Yes, and that specifically leads to scrolling through the menu. Yeah, laying in bed and scrolling through the menu. There's a guide and you could stop on a movie and watch the movie. You can go channel channel, you can pull up the guide and start scrolling through it.
Speaker 2: I love that experience.
Speaker 5: Last night, me and my wife realized we were all caught up on your friends and neighbors. We thought we had another episode to watch.
Speaker 2: We do not.
Speaker 5: So she started scrolling through the guide and I immediately put my head on the pillow and closed my eyes.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh, you're going to bed. Huh's like yep.
Speaker 5: She goes okay, and then she waited a second. She goes, oh, see if you can guess what movie this is by just listening to it.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: It is the best game I've ever played in my entire life.
Speaker 2: That's great. We played that on the show. It is so much fun.
Speaker 5: And so she would, you know, turn it on there and then And the other thing too, is you start to realize, man, here's a lot of movies don't have a lot of dialogue going on. I'm listening to a guy just rooting around through stuff with music playing for about a minute and a half. So then we started doing clues. Okay, first clue what year did it come out? And then I actually got a movie because she told me what year it came out.
Speaker 2: It's like, wait a minute, is that the player? And it was nice?
Speaker 5: But it is so much fun and you can't do this if you cut the cord right, you know how?
Speaker 2: Because we have a guy YouTube TV as a guide. It does, Oh it does.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it depends how many channels you want to buy, like which package you get.
Speaker 2: Everything you need?
Speaker 5: If you guys buy HBO, you're you just get max, right, you don't get like all the abo channel. Get the app, which is now HBO Max. They changed it back from Max to HBO so you can scroll through multiple hbos things that are but they're streaming.
Speaker 2: You'd have to pull a separate app.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so you would have to pull up a movie and then get back out of the movie.
Speaker 1: But again, you when you're scrolling through, I mean there's the you know, all the channels, you know, Comedy Central and all those that just have movies going on at night, amc IS.
Speaker 5: I was probably I bet I was hitting at about a forty percent rate.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: I felt pretty good about it. And it's just going through all the movie channels. Yeah, and if she didn't, she kind of made a couple of decisions like I don't think you know what this is, so I'm not gonna fire it up. Yeah, pay per view ones, Uh, we didn't do pay per view, but I think they have all the Sarah Palin movies still, don't they that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But I sat there and I thought to myself, oh, look, look right there, Katie's got. We probably don't have any movie channels here at Direct TV though, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course do we have HBO up here at heart during daytime?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 6: Good Burger is on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got I think you gotta do it with movies.
Speaker 5: I don't think you do it with Okay, Here's House Hunters, Bad Santa Too. Oh incredible. That a game, though, Do you know what the first one I got though? And I was really proud of myself, the one that made her decide to do it Ghostbusters too?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you're uh that was.
Speaker 5: Probably I didn't get it. I didn't ask her the year because I got it. I just stumbled across that the other night and watched about thirty minutes of it.
Speaker 2: It was not good.
Speaker 6: It was the sequel, not the first.
Speaker 5: Here's how I knew because I know the I know the original inside out, and I immediately recognized Bill Murray's voice. Then I immediately recognized Sigourney Weaver's voice, but I did not recognize the dialogue. I go is like Ghostbusters too?
Speaker 2: Because you got it?
Speaker 5: There it is, I love your family. It's incredible that one. Let's play it on the show. Mom tries anal with yep.
Speaker 2: Yep, alright.
Speaker 5: Those are dirty movies, all right? Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle. Speaking of moody movies, Nick Cage is playing John Madden in one. Seriously, we'll discuss that once again next Juicy News.
Speaker 7: Hot God, Stay on Top.
Speaker 5: Chove.
Speaker 1: So it came out at the end of last year that Nicholas Cage was going to star in a movie about John Madden, and we now have learned a little bit more about this. AG Studios is doing this. The director of the movie is David Russell, who did Silver Linings Playbook.
Speaker 2: He's the writer. He did American Hustle, which I didn't want. He's got.
Speaker 5: He did a movie that I've always wanted you guys to see, Spanking the Monkey.
Speaker 2: Spanking the Monkey.
Speaker 5: That one his first indie and it is a very shocking ediple movie.
Speaker 2: So he is Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 1: Those your starring, that's what gal the headlines. Well, we've learned who else is in the movie today. This movie will have Christian Bell starring as Al Davis and they released a photo and I'll be damned it's incredible. It's nineteen seventies Al Davis and John Madden as John Madden is the coach of the I guess late sixties actually, And.
Speaker 5: By the way, David Russell has worked with Christian Bale before they worked on American hustle together.
Speaker 2: Dude, I think it's good.
Speaker 5: It looks really good. They look just like them, And I thought about it. I'm going, man, anytime Nick Cage is involved, chances are his hit rate now is probably four percent. You know, if he's going to be in it, it's probably just a paycheck for him. It's going to be terrible, like Bangkok dangerous. But dude, to be in it with Christian Bale, that's the exact opposite that gives it extreme like credibility. So I'm wondering how that all came to be. And I also think Ben, I'm not doing a bit here. I also think Pig went a long way to restoring his credibility in terms of And he also made that movie. I didn't see it, but didn't he play himself and he was an FBI agent?
Speaker 2: And I think it got killed? Did he get killed? Okay? It destroyed? It looked ambitious, Yeah, what's it called. I can't remember.
Speaker 5: He was playing himself in the FBO Oh. Yeah, the sore like the weight of being a super successful or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also in this movie, the Great Catherine han Is, we'll play the role of Virginia Madden.
Speaker 2: His wife. Catherine's great in the studio on Apple TV.
Speaker 5: Amazing, And of course we know her as Derek from Step Brothers.
Speaker 2: Well wife.
Speaker 5: She was real close to playing my sister in a movie that my nephew made, Wow, The Redhead Lady. Uh wait, she played Derek's wife in that movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And step Brothers. Yeah, so she and she was in Bad Moms and she's been in.
Speaker 2: A bunch of kind of stuff. She's on Parks and Rectals.
Speaker 5: She's the marketing person in the studio studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also as EA Sports founder Trip Hawkins. John m'laney, Hey, oh, Tonight in the nine PM hour, we will find out the identity of the second fourteen year old boy that he'll be fighting in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, are you gonna have an update tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll have an update on that. We'll find out about the kid. One of our listeners are good friends Ziggy. Ziggy mostly known for making the anupama painting and other things.
Speaker 5: I thought he was mostly known for making the pleasure sound while we were playing Fortnite that as.
Speaker 1: Well many things, many things. But his kiddo cut a video and it's pretty great.
Speaker 2: John M. Lady, I want to see you any really. Yeah, he's got boxing gloves on. Oh my god, that's fantastic. So then they.
Speaker 5: Got the declined email like Millennie's running scared from Ziggy's kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, but it was kind of cool to see the official workings of Well here's what the you know, they are on this and they're vetting this, so tonight he will reveal the second of three.
Speaker 2: So there you go. We got a new Madden movie out. That's exciting.
Speaker 5: By the way, the coach tells us, it's the Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. That's what that Nicholas KG is called. And I didn't see it, yeah, he says, he recommends it. I actually heard that.
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, coming up here in just over three minutes, let's talk Cowboys df W, some cowboys Kerosene for that ass that's coming up next week. Oh hell yeah, it's the Been and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle Kat explained to me this wildlife news coming up here in about twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Exploding birds and a famous Hollywood death.
Speaker 5: Oh hell yeah, but right now it's time for this aw boars.
Speaker 1: I gonna be honest, this is actually one of my favorite days of the sports here as a guy who is pretty oc about some things and really enjoys some good organization. The NFL schedule will drop tonight at seven. Yeah, but there's so much of like sixty nine percent of it has leaked out. And this is also the one day year where every team social media, you know, program tries.
Speaker 2: To make people laugh, do something favorable and go viral.
Speaker 1: Forgot about that, So you know tomorrow or late tonight you'll see a bunch of videos that drop at seven PM. I can tell you right now that thirteen of the cowboys seventeen games next year are are have been announced.
Speaker 5: So why don't you care that much about finding out about the final four?
Speaker 2: Well, there's a couple of things.
Speaker 1: Well I don't care so much about the final four as much, but there's a couple of things that you can deduce from it. As a Packers fan and me and my family we go to a Packers game once ever two or three years. You have to be on it. If you want to get a house that's like right by the stadium, yep, Like you got to be on it. So I've also like been talking to my dad last couple of days. Okay, what do you do because you can see but it's kind of cool. Also knowing was that you have a hitting your dad or me talking to him. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So this morning the NFL dropped the big news that the Cowboys and Chiefs are your Thanksgiving Day game. Let's Go, which I think is a mistake because the Cowboys and the worst team in the league the Giants will still get the highest ratings of the year.
Speaker 2: He's right, Christian, so you don't have to waste the Chiefs on that day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they may set a new record between having both those teams and the Swifties.
Speaker 2: And all that.
Speaker 5: I think that was a scenario where Kevin was right, Ben was right, Christina was right, and I was uncertain.
Speaker 1: Well, the other big news that will drop is they will have some type of probably more Morgan wallen Ish halftime show act.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, although my prediction for this year will be Posty. Okay, it feels like this is the year too big, too big of an artist, but he loves the Cowboys so much. I know, But think about Posty's commitments on Thanksgiving jail roll right, he came out with or something.
Speaker 2: Two of them.
Speaker 5: Jelly Roll is going to be busy eating, and I think Posty will be wide open.
Speaker 2: He won't eat anything.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't be surprised if they rolled that Yodel kid out there.
Speaker 2: Mason Ramsey, Yeah they should.
Speaker 5: He's actually pretty good and also a financial expert.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. Yeah, I do know the gauntlet. The Cowboys final seven games I have before anyone has it. This is not like out there. I'm just telling you you've breaking the top.
Speaker 2: You've got it.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, Steven, give it to you. Here are your final seven games. You have Philadelphia, then you have the Chiefs on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Then you go to Detroit. Oh so you have Philadelphia at home.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that sound tough?
Speaker 5: That sounds very sounds like oh to three. I think Detroit's not gonna be that good this year. They might lose some steam. We may find out that they're yeah, we like, everyone's going to tune out the coach.
Speaker 1: Then they have the Vikings the Chargers, two teams who could be good and then also may not be good. Very hard to tell on them. Vikings will not be good this year. Quick named the Vikings quarterback exactly it's the guy they drafted two years ago.
Speaker 5: JJ McCarthy, Yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's jo Jock for a good chance to win this year.
Speaker 1: At Washington who went to the NFC Championship game last.
Speaker 2: Year against the Eagles. I really don't remember that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I don't think they're a team that takes a step back because they're so aggressive in the offseason.
Speaker 1: And then they We'll close the game, resting our players getting ready for the playoffs in week eighteen.
Speaker 5: As we go visit the New York Giants, what do you see the record being.
Speaker 2: I think tomorrow we can walk through that.
Speaker 5: I'm asking you right now, I'm putting you on trial for the listener. The listener wants to know you. You can change it tomorrow. Right right now, I'm writing it down because I know what it is not. But he's gonna say, I know what they'reight. I think eleven and uh.
Speaker 2: Huh, Yeah. You had two games.
Speaker 5: Against the Giants twelve and five, and you got a game against the Jets twelve and five.
Speaker 2: Did I see this right?
Speaker 5: Did Kavanaugh post that the over under is seven and a half? It was, Yes, What happened? Why did I put a million dollars in everyone the futures would have been good for you to get in on that.
Speaker 2: Because they're the Cowboys and they're gonna break your heart.
Speaker 1: I think even without George Pickens, that's a team that's gonna go win at at least take games. Because you have Dak and Cee Lamb.
Speaker 5: We find we suddenly just believe and Shoddy because he's got a cool nickname, Like he's like just a guy that no one else wanted to be their head coach.
Speaker 2: And we're like, yep, got the right guy.
Speaker 5: He was just there, he was just standing there at the crime scene and they're like, hey, we just murdered McCarthy because he wouldn't come back.
Speaker 2: Let's just let this guy have his office.
Speaker 5: I think he was the juice in McCarthy's decision making until that got hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a couple of things working in Shotty's favor.
Speaker 1: One of those things is clearly Luca getting traded a month after it. But the other thing is he's kind of likable and you may not know that, like his press conferences, he's kind of gonna do coach speak stuff, but everyone likes him. Aside from that, Let's go he will make an edgy Joe. You know what else, man, So I think that's the kind of saying like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Love if you know this because of your age.
Speaker 5: But Schottenheimer's dad was a hugely popular coach Marty. Hell yeah, everybody loved Marty and went in the playoffs. And you know what else, Reds fans everybody liked old Marge Schottenheimer.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't like Mark shot you're an idiot. That's terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, fan, I think content. I think you can put some more cowboys production value in your intro.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you listen to it, it's just can we hear the intro?
Speaker 2: That just Travis Frederick here the whole there's no awboys.
Speaker 5: Y'all want some cowboys Kerosene. It's presumptive. You're assuming everyone wants it. It's cowboys content, and there's.
Speaker 7: Now there's some cowboys. That's flair. Jerry Jones Dad's flair. Yeah, I am immediately that's great, Christina, I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 5: Now that we've added that stuff, I'm gonna immediately send all this to our imaging director and get thank you very much. All right, good stuff, Kat coming up next. Next, Wildlife News, Exploding birds and a big time Hollywood death and a little doll stars talk. That's all coming away next. Cowboys were in a bad situation. Cowboys weren't doing good obviously. You know that's been a dumpster fire for a long time. Mavericks traded Luca. It just felt like things were going in the wrong directions. Rangers didn't have a great season. Now suddenly all these good things are going our way. We're gonna get into it here in just about ten minutes. We're gonna go around the sports and talk about the Dallas Stars. Now they're kicking ass. But right now, start for this wildlife news. See that's an.
Speaker 2: Intro Wildlife News. The guy comes back and resets it. So good man, Yeah, so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we had a famous on death in the world of Hollywood and the Wildlife News.
Speaker 5: Can we guess, uh, yeah.
Speaker 2: The black Stallion. No, that's a great guess. Secretariat, secretariat that died years ago. You don't know that what year? Show me the body.
Speaker 5: That's a good question, now, right, show you the body. Right he produced a bottle of glue. Now all right, giving that around.
Speaker 1: This is an actor in TV shows and movies from nineteen seventy five to two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: Oh, and it has to do with wildlife.
Speaker 5: It's uh Steve Irwin, Steve Irwin.
Speaker 1: No, it's this is actual an animal. Oh, he was eighty years old, over eighty. Yes, Oh, it's the turtle, mister Ed. Nope, horses can't live to be eighty.
Speaker 2: You don't know that.
Speaker 5: You don't know that.
Speaker 2: You'd lie, son of a bitch, and mister Ed died years ago. You're not a horse, doctor, Franklin the turtle, is it?
Speaker 1: It's not Franklin the Turtle. That's an animated character. Oh, the NBC peacock.
Speaker 2: No again, not a real animal. You don't know that.
Speaker 5: That little dog on Frasier. Oh mile Low damn sorry shackle. Oh uh snoopy, Nope again animated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what the original source material? Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, now, not sure I'm that, but usually dogs don't make it past fifteen or so.
Speaker 2: Charles M.
Speaker 5: Schultz, By the way, I got a veteran dog that's on his last legs and a tough, tough deal.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry back to you.
Speaker 5: You get him on the shop until the well, he just lays down right next to where I sleep.
Speaker 2: I'm so terrified I'm gonna step out of bed. Oh just you know.
Speaker 5: I'm like, you're aggressive when you get out of bed. Please don't sleep here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh oh oh uh.
Speaker 5: The guy the whale that played Orcid Free Willie Free Willy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, enough guesses, here we go.
Speaker 2: The shark from Jaws.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, wait, wait, hold on, hold on, give me the give me the year frame again.
Speaker 2: The animatronic shark from Jaws.
Speaker 1: In movies and TV shows from seventy five to six.
Speaker 2: Tired for a good twenty magnum p I I remember that. It's just not a good guest. He used to giveaway in nineteen sixty five. Well, what's illustrated?
Speaker 3: Said?
Speaker 2: I was going to be the next on a palm And what happened? I wouldn't let me play on the pro tour it. I'm sorry you cause you black.
Speaker 1: Hell.
Speaker 2: No, damn alligator bit my hand. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Morris, the alligator from such classic hits as Happy Gilmour and Doctor Doolittle Too, has died at the age of eighty.
Speaker 2: Wow. What do alligators do in retirement?
Speaker 1: Play some croquet and shuffleboard and od that stuff?
Speaker 2: I don't know. So there you go, Rest in peace. Test piece one of the most.
Speaker 1: Important and iconic animal actors of our time there with Dunston from Dunston checks in and the third base playing monkey air Bud and many more and slipper.
Speaker 5: Did you guys know that there is a this that happens to some alligators and they're born without a tail?
Speaker 2: What and they.
Speaker 5: Run around they just look like weird dogs?
Speaker 6: Really a thing?
Speaker 2: No, yes, did you take acid? They're alligators. It's this thing.
Speaker 5: It happens that has to do with the temperature during the incubation, and it's like they could be born without their entire tail. It looks nuts. What does it change their legs? How do they run around like? They run around but they don't have their tail to bounce them off, So they're like staggering around everywhere. And is their head still look like an at everything about it to the back and then there's just like just like a.
Speaker 6: Pug in the end of it, just a dog with a little nebtail the full tail.
Speaker 1: Only in the wildlife news in California, there's a town called Richmond, and they've had a situation where a lot of birds have been exploding. They found over fifty dead birds. A lot of them are pigeons. So there's this power line, and they thought it was because these birds would get on the power line and get a little shock waves in them and then they'd go explode a little bit later. But the gas and an electric company comes out like, no, it's not that. Everything's fine there and now they've determined, well, let me let me show you some of the town locals.
Speaker 2: Some of the locals, here's what they're saying. Okay, it's a mystery. I think that's how we all feel is it's it's inexplicable.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a firecracker and a black I think it was a starling just plummeted to the ground.
Speaker 2: Super traumatic to see this. I feel like a baby gun doesn't make firecracker noise.
Speaker 6: I can't fathom somebody could be that accurate all the time.
Speaker 2: I know where the sound is coming from. It is coming from up on a pole.
Speaker 5: That particular wire does sizzle and arc at times.
Speaker 2: We just want it solved, like at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: So they now have there's some neckra what do you call it? When it'sphi neckro It's like in a top autopsy for an animal, uh not top an animal, topsyrup. I think it's neck neropsy, netcrackerphilia, whatever it is. Two birds show they weren't but they had an injury, suggesting someone might be hitting them with a pellet gun or a baby gun or as sins. They may have like a sniper just killing animals in the neighborhood and they don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They thought it was the electrical pole but or the wire, but it's not according to the electrical company.
Speaker 2: Electrical companies by covering their own ass.
Speaker 5: Like I don't think a rival bird could handle a gun like that, right, They don't have thumbs, No, I've done.
Speaker 2: I think it's a kid interesting or an adult.
Speaker 5: By the way, the swallows problem is back at my house summertime problem.
Speaker 2: I would think you'd be celebrated.
Speaker 5: It was dive bombing me today and I was throwing pillows at it, and it was not worried about my throws. Why are you telling pillows because it's my turf and it's a turf war. These are tiny, aggressive birds are paining the ass. It does bring up the thing. Why are those pillows called throw pillows? That's why they are That's why you throw them? You throw them at Yes, you throw them at birds. I thought they just sit on a couch. That's why those are couch pillows. These are throw pillows. They're like throwing darts or stars, Chinese stars, couch pillows. Those are Chinese stars. Yeah, these are throw pillows because you know they're made for throwing. Yeah, there's you know you've seen those, right, little throw pillows. While we're in the Wildlife News, I'd like you all to go to your phone. I don't want to and look at the video I sent you. Man, I'm walked out on my phone. Is this a video of the swallow thing? No?
Speaker 2: This is the no tail.
Speaker 5: It doesn't look like a dog, Nan And it took me to Facebook, little double.
Speaker 2: Butthole. You can't balance everything. He's like, what an idiot? Everybody go look at Ben's Facebook.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna post this up in the Freak After Party slow motion.
Speaker 2: You're going to.
Speaker 5: Freak After Party right now, posting it there. I love that little gator. Enjoy all right? Coming up next, we gon't talk about this star because they are pulling it out and putting it on the ice. We'll soak all that in next right here on the eagle. All right, coming up here in about twenty minutes. In a news quickie. I always love to see the trends in popular baby names. If you plan on, you know, getting pregnant or knocking up your wife sometime soon, you're not gonna want to miss this segment.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 5: Now it's cool around the sports KT tweets as all.
Speaker 1: The sports ye quick follow up on something on the three o'clock hour before we get to our featured content of this segment. As we told you like, it's a big day for the NFL social media teams. The Chargers are already out dunking on people as they're putting their schedule that's been leaked out for some of it as pop tart flavors, and they do play the Cowboys, and the pop tart flavor of the Cowboys is the sun.
Speaker 2: Picture of Dak next to pop tart box. That's great. They're the best.
Speaker 1: They're always the best every year of the Chargers, so we'll see what they have.
Speaker 2: To always the best every year. Best.
Speaker 5: By the way, I heard this the other day, I heard Broadest talking about this of all people. He said that pop Tarts are coming out with ice cream sandwiches.
Speaker 1: I know that there's pop Tart ice cream now, so.
Speaker 5: Like it's in other words, it's two pop tarts with ice cream in the middle, beautiful, and the pop tarts serve as the exterior sandwich.
Speaker 2: Ice cream delivery system. I'm worried about.
Speaker 5: This because what the frozen pop tart tastes like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: Because you first of all, you've got to toast them because you can't eat them all.
Speaker 2: It's dangerous eat them wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like eating you know, savechi that had been soaked in lemon.
Speaker 1: I bet they go them up a little bit for the for the ice cream sandwich, thought them up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like the ice cream sandwich. The traditional ice cream sandwich. It's soft on the outer shell, but they do like that they go it up a little bit. I'm worried about this. I think it's going to set us back.
Speaker 5: Yep Stars Win Stars, Win Stars, Win Stars, Win Stars were.
Speaker 1: Out played for the first two periods of that game. They should not have won last. But they have a goalie who is better than the other goalie. Even though in the mid season four seasons Four Nations tournament, our goalie backed up their goalie. So after the game, our goalie otter is the crowded channing otters better huge. He's like, yeah, my goals is to win the Stanley Cup and be the starting goalie for the Four Nations squad because the other guy is kind of get dutch on another hat trick.
Speaker 5: Yes, but if you're going to Stars game, don't take a good hat, take a cheap hat.
Speaker 2: Take a cheap hat.
Speaker 1: Michael Granlund with the hat trick last night, so good stuff.
Speaker 2: I bet you could have gotten some good odds on him getting a hat trick.
Speaker 1: Okay, so good player, but you're not thinking it would be him. You would think it would be Ranting and he's good. That makes tomorrow night clinch night. Yes, very possibly the Stars could clinch tomorrow night. We're doing a watch party. You can come watch it with us. It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you more about that coming up at five forty years say. Now, all right, well, we're gonna be at roller Town. It's a brew we're investing in. We're doing a skin is doing a yacht rock music trivia night, which is gonna be wild.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be so much fun. We're both gonna be there.
Speaker 5: And then as soon as the music trivia is over, we're going right into a stars watching party. So if you want to come hang out with us, that's your chance to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're lining it up.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Yacht Rock Trivia will end right before the puck drops, So we're good.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, we good.
Speaker 1: And on tomorrow's show, I've actually have a quiz for the quiz master. I have a yacht rock Trivia four Skin tomorrow, let's go to see if he is worthy of even hosting yacht rock Trivia.
Speaker 5: You have Christina and Ben gamble against one another on whether or not I get it right, No doubt.
Speaker 2: I like this. All right, there you have it. There is around the sports.
Speaker 5: Congratulations to the Dallas Stars and Jonathan Shippy Shipman.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Coming up next, it's a news quickie the most pop their baby names of twenty twenty four. We got the Today game and we've got more Cooper Flag talk. All that's coming away, and the weather man has been banned from work. All that coming your way on the Ben and Skin Show. We'll keep the party going. Next, don't go nowhere and I put in a request to our boss Elliott.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I don't know did he shoot this down or not. I said it last night. I haven't seen his response. He sends me a lot of emails that says, don't let Ben in on this. But whatever you're suggesting, I'm out. I was like, man, BFD is right around the corner, and it's going to be packed. You know, there will be twelve thousand people there and it's our concert, you know, we're putting it on, and so we're going to be there.
Speaker 2: I'm playing with Chavelle and we're looking forward to meeting.
Speaker 5: It's going to be Skin's birthday, if you want to come meet Skin at his birthday. But we're going to be hanging out with you guys. It's going to be an absolute blast and we're just going to be getting hammered and we'll be out in the crowd. And I hope to meet a lot of Egle listeners. If you're somebody who's listened to us for a long time and you come to the Eagles specifically to listen to us, that's great. We love that. If you're somebody who just listens to rock music on the Egle and you're like, oh, what are these idiots all about? That's great too. We don't care how you got here. We're just glad you're here. We're living our dream, local guys born and raised here, and we're on an iconic radio station. I had an Eagle sticker on my door when I was a kid, So it's an absolute blast to be here doing this show. Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine. We certainly appreciate that. We got the Oh there it is, the Eagle squawks love the Hut. I've been in a great mood too because of the Cooper flag situation. MAVs got the number one pick. We're going to get back into that. At five o'clock. A weather man was banned from work. That's coming your way in the five o'clock hour, and we crank up the bending skin wayback machine and revisit a character name of the Light Farms Giant.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. Give me that news quickie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is fresh. This is hot right the womb here hot. So you know, look, we know our listeners were a lot of creative people there. They're not gonna just go with the popular trend and call it a day. I have the most popular boy and girl names for babies in twenty twenty four. Yeah, people are still doing it, doing it.
Speaker 2: Ben might have another.
Speaker 1: This is from the Social Social Security Administration, Like this is the official stuff?
Speaker 2: Is this some survey? Not get ahold of that? Not yet? No?
Speaker 5: So boy, girl, boy girl? I have the boys and I got the girls. I guess think I like gender fluid. What's on that list?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: How about what's up their pat Stasia Stasha not on the girl list.
Speaker 2: That's on the stripper It is a stripper name. Let's go boys, Okay? Number one Liam always I thought Liam too? Number one? Liam is number one in honor of Liam Payne, of the direction. Don't Neeson, don't I just walk out with a trophy. No, we've never given away trophy. What about what about Darth? Uh, let's see not Darth Garth Garth number eleven?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 2: What about Kenny Chesney? Nope?
Speaker 5: Luca Luca's not on there, but Lucas is number nine. Lucas Okay, oh h Luca Cooper Nope, Tristan.
Speaker 1: Let me just say three of the oh maybe I get four of these? Four of these sound like standard oldens.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got it.
Speaker 5: Ronnie not Ronnie, Billy, Jack Logan, George Logan's these days George not George.
Speaker 2: Not cleat Nope, sir uh oh jok nope?
Speaker 5: Okay, Brad not Brad, John John not Chad not John John, Michael John, Christopher Sweet John John, Harvet Carvett Paddington, No Dort. You guys are missing a real easy one here, Okay, Steve Fred Willie Steve, Okay.
Speaker 2: Will because you can call William Willie if.
Speaker 5: You want williams timeless? Do people try to will Why have people call it there Willy? Do they trigger up to go willem Uh?
Speaker 2: You can? You can? You can?
Speaker 1: But you don't want to be like people would automatically think you're really strange.
Speaker 5: Remember when that one Halloween when Katie went as a movie and he carried around a sign that said free Willie with an arrow pointing.
Speaker 2: Out that was fun.
Speaker 1: Number eight Elijah okay, Eli, al right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Seven? Mateo oh what about uh? What about Levon? Nope? Six and five or two?
Speaker 5: Classic old school names cart Henry Henry that's a good one, and James James still in.
Speaker 2: It's kind of boring though, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Notice Michael is the most common name, right, It's Michael. It's out now. You will see Michaels in twenty years, you'll see him Theodore number four, Ted, Theodora to Theo, Theo or Ted three, Oliver, Oliver's Hot ol good name to Noah, Okay, a little TOI biblical for me? Noah, you remember Jesus.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: It's also from what's that movie? I can't think of it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Three men in a Little Lady.
Speaker 6: His name is Noah.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 6: It was like the main.
Speaker 5: Whatever I'm dying to know what that is now? Is that the guy movie Guessing Game? The guy's daughter has taken and he has a gosling.
Speaker 6: He plays Noah in What's Her?
Speaker 2: Arby Noah from Noah's Ark, Baby Driver.
Speaker 6: God, it's like every girl's favorite movie because they cry because she Oh, thank you Jesus.
Speaker 5: Lars and the Real Girl you had the dementia that she that Adams had in the notebook Real bad Oh.
Speaker 2: And then James Garner died.
Speaker 1: Spoiler for Ladies number ten Sophia, Yes, number nine, Ava, are we not going to guess?
Speaker 2: Okay? Molly, mm hmm, Molly's lips. No, Molly, no poundtown. Carol see Carol out.
Speaker 5: Carol's one of those names where you can't have an infant named Carol because it's like a lady in accounting who's like, dude, yeah, Brenda the baby, this is our baby infant, Brenda. Carol made a comeback, Ronda, Ronda, Carol. Where did you put it? I mean, it doesn't tell a child. Any time you say Carol Carol, you have to hit a buzzer first.
Speaker 2: Is Carol Karen's out too, right?
Speaker 5: I think, especially now that it's been branded as someone who bitches all the time. Yeah, you don't see a lot of Greta's No, man. I made a huge mistake one time. My sister in law's name is Gretchen. She thought Greta was a nickname for that. You call my sister Greta really yeah yeah, And so I was like Greta and she looked at me like what it was not cool. I don't think she's particularly sharp. Yeah she is shark. So she's a nurse, Oh she is sure. I think, Wait, what are you saying about the medical They basically just need to know what a tournique is. My sister is Gretchen, and we called her Greta Garbo for years. Okay, yeah, I thought that was right.
Speaker 6: So the band is Gretchen van Fleet.
Speaker 5: Yep, okay, that's the that's what's on the band's birth certificate.
Speaker 1: Number eight Evelyn Kiki, he's just still not on there.
Speaker 2: Yep. Seven Isabella, all.
Speaker 5: Right, that's an exotic let's go like strippera newborn many like in eighteen years been what are the craziest baby stripper man?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: But then they call her Bella? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, are we over sophia because six is another spelling of sophia?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Too much? What about another one? F ten? Now I just met name five?
Speaker 1: Mia could be Maya, could be maya, am i a?
Speaker 5: I call or we spell our daughter's name m A y a. Some people do m y a or m i A. And then my buddy Greg, his daughter's name is me and it's m I A.
Speaker 1: I have a hard time believing number four because it does sound like an older person.
Speaker 2: Veronica Charlotte.
Speaker 5: No, Charlotte's coming back, because it'll never go away completely because of Charlotte's web really hornets fans timeless. Yeah, it's not because the daughter on Ozark. Maybe it's just a timeless literary name, and it's in every and every child gets Charlotte's web at some point we're seeing, oh good, Well, every time I hear that name, I think of our buddy Meet. His sister's name is Charlotte. And when you kick your friends in the nuts, you always you're just insulting each other. Huh, talk about hooking up with their sister.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about always. I would always tell this story.
Speaker 5: This is around strangers, Like, man, did you know Meet and his sister one time got their braces stuck together. They were like super young, they're experimenting, and the fire department had to bring the jaws a life and separate them. And like, I tell that story every year in our fantasy draft. And then meetle go, what about that one time Ben and his brothers braces got connected when they were younger? Meatle tell the same story you just told, just changed the name. It's better than I told.
Speaker 2: The top three Amelia, Emma, and Olivia.
Speaker 5: That's good, all right? Thank you, Kevin? Uh those fantastic Really it there at the very end, see what he did. Truce is on the rise for men. Truth coming up NeXT's the Today game followed by some Cooper Flag discussion. We got the bending skin Wayback Machine coming up, and a review of the new Mission Impossible movie by yours truly who got to see a sneak preview of it. That's all coming up, But before we move to anything else, I just want to say, I'm so incrappy. I feel like a weight has been lifted on the entire Metroplex, especially when it comes to sports, especially when it comes to the Dallas Mavericks. Just the full three, the full one eighty of having your franchise player, your twenty five year old global icon, your five time All NBA player traded and never really given a good reason as to why, and traded for not a fair return is judged by most of humanity. I feel like the whole Metroplex was gutted and to defy the odds and come back and get the number one pick, MAV's had a one point eight chance of getting the number one pick in the lottery and they got it. And it's just truly remarkable, and I've found myself just feeling so happy. Like for a while there, for about a half a day, I was filled with dread thinking that Nico was going to trade him. Then news comes out that Patrick Dumont is shutting that down, say no, no, no, he will not be traded. Tim McMahon has that, Mark Stein had that. That's that's great. Those were Patrick Dumont quotes, right, that was him. Well, they weren't exact quotes. But so let me say, matt Riccardi was walking around the room saying, we're drafting Cooper Flag like there was. I mean, I think there are checks and balances like you're talking about, but that that front office was going to draft the generational player.
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 5: Patrick Dumont's got to stop anybody from doing it. They were in the room, but we just got Cooper Flag. You can understand why people would wonder. Of course, it's fair to wonder. Yeah, those things, the damn near most unlikely thing is always likely these days.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that was.
Speaker 5: That was and so regardless, like you went from being in the NBA Finals losing and then being in the lottery and and trading this global icon. It it's just like such a high to being the finals and make it there and then the extreme low of having an all fall apart and just get the rug ripped out from under you. But then suddenly to be given this incredible gift of this generational talent that is like you're now set for even longer than you were with Luca Dude. The number one pick went to the Atlanta Hawks. Last year. The Hawks were about in the same position the Mavericks were, but it wasn't a year where a player like this comes out. It's not only the first time they've ever moved up. It's not only the second time in is that fifty years that they've had the number one pick. Yeah, they last had the number one pick in nineteen eighty one, right or forty five years or whatever. It's not even just that it's getting it the year that this player is available. And to Ben's point, like, I don't know if people think I'm joking or not. I cried and it was not like it just it was such I guess the thing I would equate it to I've never done this. I have gone to the top of a mountain in Switzerland, but it wasn't like it was Everest, but like when there is something that seemed so daunting and so impossible and then you break through, that is an emotional release. And they got gifted the most incredible thing ever, and you know, we were talking about this last night on our little pop up YouTube thing that me and Ben did with Jake, our buddy from the Dumb Zone, is that you can feel however you want to feel about Nico and do that and hate him and do whatever you want. But and don't give him credit, don't whatever, tell him you hate him, you know whatever. By the way, I watched during at the end of the year, I watched Nico stand there in the hallway talk to fans. He was fans wanted to talk to him. He sit there and talk to him. So feel however you want to feel about that person. But I think if you just took everything away and you sat there and go, hey, man, I'll give you Cooper Flag, Anthony Davis, Max Christy and an unprotected twenty twenty nine first round pick for Luca Man. If you weren't, if you took your emotion out of it, you would do that deal all day, Kay, you would take it. I'm not giving Nico credit for the number one pig at all. I mean, it's like That's what I'm saying. Feel how felt it's very lucky throwing up the basketball behind his back and hitting a hundred foot shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't get credit for it.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, like, you know, if you just took those two things and compared them and you're just being a basketball person, you go, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, you I'd rather have that.
Speaker 5: And and to your point, if you were to just take stock of where you are in your basketball life as a fan, this is a better situation than that was. It's not I'll tell you what, that's not fair. It is close. But take again, take a motion out of it. You are taking the current option over what you had all day after action.
Speaker 1: My problem is like that right now, if you just do nothing that right now, you're probably on a title run. Yes, And there's just no way of knowing. Like I think this is why some people were gonna it's gonna take them a little bit longer to come to grips with all this is because they can't let go of the fact that this shouldn't have happened. Not the trade with Luca r getting Cooper flag also should not have happened.
Speaker 2: No, right, but I don't even know. It's more shocking. I would have both two things that you would never imagine what happened.
Speaker 5: Right, and I wouldn't presume to tell anyone out of feel but I just know for me personally, I'm hitting the reset button. Yeah, as long as I know they're not going to trade him and there's somebody that can stop that trade from happening, then I feel pretty good. I feel like it's safe footing, like they're not gonna trade this guy. And so he's eighteen, he's seven years six, you know, eight years younger than Luca. If you are, I'll put it to you like this. If you really love watching basketball, which is probably why you liked Luca, you're gonna really love watching the Mavericks with Cooper Flag.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: If you are dead set on not experiencing that joy, that is absolutely your choice. And I know people that at least tell me that they don't watch the Cowboys anymore because of the way the Jones family runs it, And that's their prerogative. And I've seen that. I've seen that happen. I saw it with my dad. My dad quit on all the local teams. Eventually he put his money where his mouth was. He quit watching.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 5: That's a choice that you, as a person that has time to spend in this world can make. I will watch a Cowboy game, and during a Cowboy game, if things are going well, I rarely sit there and think about what Jerry Jones is or isn't doing. Last night, I made the comparison. So I want to get this right. All these people that are watching Jalen Brunson be the MVP of the league right now, are their knicks fans that can enjoy it because of how they feel about James Dolan. I mean like, ultimately, when the game happens, whatever the sport is, you're caught up in the game and the guys that are out there doing it and laying it all out. And the reason you love sports in the first place is that experience. And so you can make the conscious choice I refuse to experience this particular set of joy. But if you loved basketball in the first place, I'm here to personally guarantee you you're gonna love watching.
Speaker 2: Cooper Flag play with mats written across his chest.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, life is good, all right.
Speaker 5: Coming up next in the weekly weekday Update, a weatherman got banned from work. Why did that happen? We'll tell you in just over three minutes. Been in skin show this segment is brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: Delicious Pizza.
Speaker 5: Oh It's so good, voted number one in town by readers of the Dallas Morning News. You are going to love it. Five different styles of pizza, They've mastered them all. Great pasta dishes, awesome bar. We love everything about it. Right there in the heart of Plano Preston and Plano Parkway.
Speaker 2: Go see it, go eat it.
Speaker 5: Tell them Ben and skin Sinchiez Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this, And now it's time for Basins.
Speaker 3: Sweet Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor Kat Fontweets hero the important stories he's currently tracking from.
Speaker 2: Around the world.
Speaker 1: Nothing local th usually tickling my tank today, So I'm going to go with a story out of Cleveland. But this is fascinating to me because why would the story of a random Cleveland weatherman get some national headlines.
Speaker 2: Mark Johnson is his name.
Speaker 1: He's been at Cleveland News five for about thirty years. But yeah, last Friday they announced that he is no longer employed there. This is the statement they put out.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: We want our audience to know that News five and its parent company protecting our audience's trust very seriously by requiring our employees to adhere to the highest ethical standards. We cannot provide further details, and this is a personnel matter.
Speaker 2: Hmm okay.
Speaker 1: They also added that safety and accuracy are the priority, and it's going to begin a search for his replacement. So I'm going be like, is this guy just giving some bad tornado advice or like you're in a thunderstorm warning but down't sweat it, not a big deal, Like I have a thought, safety, I have a thought.
Speaker 2: Maybe we hear it clap.
Speaker 5: Maybe they discovered that he lied and he was never a meteorologist but he proclaimed to be.
Speaker 3: I do like that.
Speaker 5: Remember like the Notre Dame football coach I can't remember his name that lied on his resume, Like you know, he got away with it for a long time, and then, much like Anchorman, a rival young weather guy did the research goes that guy lied.
Speaker 2: He's not a meteorologist.
Speaker 5: He didn't go to the Cleveland Institute of Weather Meteorology like you said he did thirty years ago. In question to YouTube video, do we really care if they are? We don't because all I care about is that they're entertaining. Yeah, really, I don't care. Like I don't care if an actual meteorologist writes it for him and then they make it entertaining and deliver it, or if they are a meteorologist themselves.
Speaker 2: Now I'm with you on that.
Speaker 5: But the problem in this case, if this happened, is that if you've been lying about something, then your competition goes. You're gonna trust the liar over there that's been lying to you for thirty years.
Speaker 1: You can tell the moment of truth of what they really have in their bag. When we've got tornadoes, situations happening. They can name the crossroads, they can name the counties, they know towns, I know the neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: What am I talking about? Dude?
Speaker 5: WFA? Does it so good? They got two starting caliber quarterbacks. They're both decorated world class met just and they're credible because of that. Hey, I've done this a million times, a million times when I've bumped into a weatherman, Throw him a doppler and see how he handles it.
Speaker 2: Shit, So he catches it, does he drop it? Does he hit the red button? Like? If if they if they catch that doppler and.
Speaker 5: They're like uh uh uh, and they kind of start they don't have the acumen.
Speaker 2: And second is always the national champion, that weather man that is a good weather man.
Speaker 5: H So your theory that he is not a real weatherman, that's my theory. Could you say the words again, like I want to hear the words they use describing what.
Speaker 1: Let me first say that he has seals of approval from the National Weather Association and the American Meteorological That sounds like a job.
Speaker 2: That's not a degree.
Speaker 5: And wait and where did you find you got a degree at Kent State University work?
Speaker 2: No, no, in marketing. Where did you get where'd you get that information? The article?
Speaker 1: Okay, but that's what he's put out there? No, this is this is not not that. Yeah, here's the thing. The statement said, we want our audiences to know the news. Five takes protecting our audience's trust very seriously. Okay, trust by requiring our employees to adhere to the highest ethical.
Speaker 5: Standards, ethical standards, safety, and accuracy. So that tells you that number one, they've betrayed the trust and they have not upheld the highest ethical standards. And listening to number three, what was the third thing? Safety and safety and accuracy. So he was inaccurate, he was unsafe, and he had no integrity. Okay, maybe he had unprotected sex and he missed missed.
Speaker 2: People are outraged.
Speaker 1: People magazine actually has an article about this guy, and the comments are lit up with I've been watching this channel for years.
Speaker 5: They'll never get my business matter because they loved Mark Johnson. Wait till they find out.
Speaker 2: Here's what I think.
Speaker 1: If I was just throwing out ideas, this is not an obligation, This is not anything that I like.
Speaker 2: This is not that.
Speaker 1: This is just like, oh, let's just get a bunch of index cards and spread them around the room and see what it is.
Speaker 2: Probably texting some high sto kids. Oh my god, that's a great.
Speaker 5: But they were part of a weather club right now. That is actually a thing on Reddit that's going around, and people said been sharing some snapchats. Okay, so what about those people that are saying I'm never going back ever again when they come back.
Speaker 2: They're not crossing over to Reddit. They're commenting on a People magazine.
Speaker 5: They also didn't know that Channel five just got the number one pick in the weather draft and a generational weatherman coming down the Pike. Hey, let me say one one quick thing, right quick. I want to say this and then move on because I know Kat is going to be mad at me. This may or may not be a plot line in Friendship.
Speaker 1: I said nothing about you. No, I want to hear a thing about it. I don't want to hear a word about the show. I said the movie thing about it, I said, may or may not.
Speaker 5: All right, coming up next, we open up the bened Skin show wayback Machine and then have a mission impossible review. That's all coming your way in the back half of the five o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: It's time to do to a schedule rebug all right.
Speaker 1: Today is May fourteenth, twenty twenty five, And it was about five years ago our show had transitioned. We were at another station in town, and then in twenty twenty February of twenty twenty we started working at ninety seven one the Eagle. We were two to five. We were on before the Russ Martin Show. And the thing about that time was very strange because COVID had hit and we're still.
Speaker 2: Doing your show.
Speaker 1: We were the only people coming into the office because you know, no one was allowed to do anything. We had in fact, we had on our badges that we were critical employees and important to the city of.
Speaker 5: Had We had FEMA cards. Yeah, we had FEMA card, the Federal Emergency Moving Association, I'm not sure association, medicinal whatever.
Speaker 2: The point is, we had FEMA cards. Throw a mask on and come on into work. Yeah, February. So then we.
Speaker 1: Get to May of twenty twenty and times are still weird. We're very much up in the air. We weren't here for a month before it was COVID actually hit and everyone went home. So we're like, Okay, this is kind of wild new job, but it's just us up here. And the show was also going down a different path. We've been a sports talk show primarily for many years. And we start getting emails from some fella based on a guy. We started getting email from some fellow sending songs and he went by the Light Farms giant.
Speaker 5: Of course, because I live in light Farms and my friend in light Farms. I posted a picture of him being at my house and Skin was like, he's three feet taller than you.
Speaker 2: Who he is a giant?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is like twenty eighteen or twenty nineteen. You know when that discussion. All happened, and it is still wild to have a giant like you know, we don't. I think Ben's the only guy who has a giant his neighborhood. And anyone else out there have a giant neighborhood if you have, please email.
Speaker 5: Me over in Twin Creeks. My buddy Kenzer lives over there and he's sixteen. Okay, that's what cub of coppers are as well. Yes, also the light Farms Giant. He's from Georgia, and so he's a good old boy. You know, he's got the Georgian accent or whatever, Georgia accent, always eating peaches.
Speaker 2: But he said it.
Speaker 1: So many good songs and h we played a lot of them. But as I was kind of going through the files May fourteenth, twenty twenty, I found that there was this song which.
Speaker 2: Look, we don't.
Speaker 1: We haven't replayed a lot of this was not This wouldn't be the Criterion Collection of lighte Farms Giant Songs, but maybe it should be.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The idea is the Lfefarms Giant he can't really get on a plane because he's too damn big. He's almost bigger than the plane itself.
Speaker 2: So I don't it was a problem. He would need the biggest of jumbo jets to get onto it.
Speaker 1: So this is the classic song celebrating its five year anniversary, Kissed Me down South by the Life Farms Giant.
Speaker 2: If you're from.
Speaker 8: Up north, like New York or Toronto, have to get on down to Texas because I wait to tell the fly commercial.
Speaker 2: And I need to be We're all the sexes freezing cold in a bitter northern summer.
Speaker 8: Now that ain't what I'm talking about. See how about every married woman up in Canada everywhere else flat of light farms kiss me downsairs. I can't bend down because I threw my back out of my imp replacement name.
Speaker 7: That's how I move around.
Speaker 5: If I'm to do for you to reach mine mouth, so win win me, you'll have to kiss me down South.
Speaker 2: I can't crouch me because my knees and being out my.
Speaker 8: Ankles, popping grandle men out around don't happen.
Speaker 2: Out the rock and springing mouth. So when we meet, you'll have to kiss me.
Speaker 4: Down sat miles older than fear in the stratas fare.
Speaker 8: Up here and stay down south.
Speaker 6: It's staying through tafty but don't be good.
Speaker 2: You were a kiss me down.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It's really like the first time you guys have ever heard'll Gar two.
Speaker 2: Y'all forgot that existed.
Speaker 6: I remember the bridge though. That bridge is incredible.
Speaker 5: It is I remember the concept of kiss me down South because he lives down here in the South, but I don't remember the song. It's he is a genius to be able to make these songs because there are legitimate similarities between the real Hite Farms Giant and the singer. So I have a hard time separating the two. Wait, what do you mean the real I thought that was the real yep? Is it not?
Speaker 2: It was like the same guy to me, but I could never know yep. Problem.
Speaker 1: So there it is the way Jock Machine five year anniversary has kissed me down South of the Live Farms Giant. You can see the Live Farms Giant live never yep.
Speaker 5: Now, I want to remind you that this segment right here, we do it every day sponsored by our friends Rollertown beer Works. Me and Ben are our friends. We're partners in that brewery and we have something really cool going on tomorrow night. It is yacht rock Trivia, and I will be your host, Ben's going to be hanging there as well, and we think a special guest is coming through.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 5: I don't want He said he's coming, but he has not signed a contract. But let's just say one of our one of our former radio co workers might be in the building, and he's a guy that people want to hang out with. And the other reason that you're going to want to go to this is that we are taking this from seven right up to eight thirty. It's an hour and a half and then that's right when Stars playoff, hockey happens and it's a clinch game, which means but could clinch, and we are going to keep the brewery open and have a watch party for that. Not only that, me and Ben love talking to the peoples about Cooper Flag. So if you want to come up, have Stars onto the background, have basketball conversation with me and Ben, drink our new cocktail, the Summer Breeze, or maybe have a Summer Shandy or any of our crushable beers. We have crushable pictures, crushable beers like Rollertown Light, big German, the one thirty three Andbrea Lobo, any of those beers, crushable beers, pitchers are only twelve fifty. So it's going to be an incredible Thursday night, kicking off our yacht rock weekend. Make plans to be with us tomorrow night. Jazzy's Taco serving up food. It is the place to be up North tomorrow night. Do not miss it. But right now it's time for this youill.
Speaker 2: This thing's big.
Speaker 5: This thing is big, And what I'd like to talk about here is the movie Mission Impossible, the Final Reckoning. I got to go to a sneak preview the other night. What was that Monday night? And that wash I went with my son. It was at North Park Mall. I'd mentioned on the show that I had received an email invited me to go see it, and I thought it was fake, and so I don't click on anything from anyone I don't know, especially when there's links. It was like, hey, if you want to go, just click this link. I'm like, this is fake. And then I started thinking, man, what if? What if this is real? So I reached back out touch base with this lady and sure enough it was real, and uh, I got to go at North Park Mall to their big what is what are the what are the movie screens called that I have the best sound in Imax Imax four K. Yeah, dude, it was so I got to go to their big Imax theater and watch this, and dude, it was insane. It was so good. I can't wait to see the new Paddington movie. And I'm at, yes, yes, I will say, I don't think skinner kt would like this at all, but I think Christina might the movie, and I think most people will.
Speaker 2: But I don't think you guys are not really your.
Speaker 5: Is this uh, I'm being honest, I don't know. Is this Mission Impossible eight?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, don't even know the final Reckoning is the eighth one.
Speaker 5: I think it's smart of them not to do that, also, right, because then it cheapens it, because I think that the Fast and Furious ones, you're like, what really as a team, as a connoisseur of the Mission Impossible movies, you can and I'm being sincere, you can just watch any of them. You don't have to watch them in order, right, Like they don't tie to one another, do tie to one?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: And this one in particular wrapped up the whole thing. And I even saw that, and this is not my This is not my thing to where I'm like totally into these movies or the Mission Impossible movies. I'm like, I'm not following them on the edge of my seat, dying to see them following the plot lines like I would with Star Wars or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or Fast in the Fury. There's not that either.
Speaker 5: There's so much Star Wars. I don't even know what's happening with They're right and happening. But I do love Tom Cruise movies. And the Top Gun Maverick movie was so freaking good. I'm like, dude, this guy just knows how to make action movies and he's a thunder and he makes it fun to go to the theater, and I think that's a big thing that he's focusing on purposely, trying to get people back in movie theaters. And I saw that the budget for this, it was it made this the most expensive or one of the most expensive films ever made four million Wikipedia, So yeah, I heard four hundred four hundred million dollars. And is that before you even advertise without that's the production budget? I mean, good lord, And honestly, I mean I don't it's been a long time since Thom has shared his books with me. But I don't think that he gets a salary. He might get like a producer salary. I think he takes like a cop because he's going to print so much money. So I don't even know that that's like a big price tag to have Tom Cruise in it, right, could be wrong.
Speaker 1: It was impossible seven. The budget was two hundred and.
Speaker 5: Ninety million, and it printed money, brought in five hundred and seventy million.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I enjoyed that one a lot, actually, And Ben, I don't know about this new one obviously I didn't go see it, but that one that I just saw, or the one right before that, they did a really good job of kind of looping you in if you hadn't seen any of the other ones like me. So they did a good job of kind of doing a quick backstory.
Speaker 2: So Jess, that was good too.
Speaker 5: That one was good with the train that was falling off the bridge and stuff like.
Speaker 2: It's it's uh.
Speaker 5: And I would just say that this style of movie, especially if you go see it in an Imax theater, it's like being on a roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Man, It's like an adventure.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite movie experiences ever was and this was a thousand years ago, but the technology was different. Be when the Return of the Jedi first came out and they were on those speed things going through the forest. Oh yeah, that was like a visceral experience, right, like you're talking about being on a roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the technology is a jillion times better.
Speaker 5: Are you saying that if I watched the seventh movie, that could kind of catch me up to where I didn't have to go watch the first six to enjoy this.
Speaker 6: It did for me, Yeah, okay, because I highly enjoyed it. And again, I'd never seen any Mission Impossible movies, but I follow along with the story that's there.
Speaker 5: There is a tie back to the first one ever. This this one is definitely wrapping it up. It's summing it all up, and to that end, it was. It was kind of cool in that regard. It's kind of special. I cried doing this. I laughed doing this. Oh yeah, I laughed because stuff was funny. I laughed at it being stupid at another time. Double hell yeah. Like I'll give you an example. So the scenes in this, the things that happen are just the special effects so real looking, but it's a hard stretch of the truth a few times, right, like you're like, oh my god, this is come on, this is this is too much. Part of the deal. It's part of the deal. I'm watching your friends and neighbors right now and it's so far fetched, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, So I'll tell you. There's just multiple locations and scenes and things that happen that there's one that takes place underwater and it is man. I was, I was like sweating. I was so nervous. It was really well done. I'm like, god, this is nuts. How come no one's ever done this in a movie. Let's he's trying to hold his breath?
Speaker 2: Is he? I can't. I'm I'm sorry about Kevin's question.
Speaker 5: I don't want to ruin it for anybody who I still want them to go have that experience. But I will share this, okay, So because it's obvious this is something that's I'm not spoiling. Have you guys seen the movie poster for the movie that's out there.
Speaker 2: I have not. Okay.
Speaker 5: It is a yellow like I don't even know how it would be. What type of plane is like a World War two red barren plane or something. I don't know if it's a crop does Oh yeah, well it looks like a small plane. Yet it's a small plane. It's the kind that has double stacked wings, kind of like a club sandwich and the other things holding both wings.
Speaker 2: They call those club sandwich planes.
Speaker 5: And you know, stunt men will ride up there in between the wings a track, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, and it's like you see Indiana Jones in one of these or something, and there's two seats, pilots in one and someone in front of him, and it's like Snoopy and woodstock. Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. Okay, so that's on the cover of the movie poster. There's and clearly Tom Cruise is out on the wings.
Speaker 2: I sort of got it. I'm not joking.
Speaker 5: I was gonna ask you, is there a scene in the movie where he's running on a plane wing while it's flying. Yes, because you know, you see that sort of story's surfing on a train or whatever.
Speaker 6: You know, was the last one he was on a bike and he landed right on top.
Speaker 2: Of the hell yeah, he did a stunt himself.
Speaker 6: Yes, he did it.
Speaker 5: Awesome and so this is the part that I laughed about and it ties into the poster. So there's this, it's it's a great movie. There's there's you know, there's some sentimental moments. There's you reflect back on your old mortality moments. There's like really special things that happened, and you're like, godly, man, I did not expect it, like get in my feels at this dumb action movie, but it just happens. And it's just such a long amount of time that's encapsulated in this one grand finale. It's overwhelming emotionally in that regard because your own life has taken so many years to get you to that point. And they tie back in some old storylines in a really well done way. But there's all these action sequences and action scenes and there's this actual plot that's happening along the way, and to me, that's like the least important part. Like it's just a fun like a roller coaster ride. And they get to this point where two bad guys are running and they're getting away and he's got to hurry up and go catch them. Why are they escaping in those stunt planes. It's a badass. They each have their own. One has a yellow one, one has a red one, and they leave in those planes. Let's go, man, And it's like, okay, but uh, you know, why were that? Why is that their means of getaway? Like, hey, look we're gonna and then we're gonna do this.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do this and then.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get away. I've got to see your own stunt plane to drive. You know, I don't even know how to describe what type of a plane that is.
Speaker 2: But it's not. It's an antique plane.
Speaker 5: It's an antique stunt plane that's been renovated and perfectly ready to go, and they all know how to fly him, like experts from the Kavanaugh flight music. Yeah, and it's like and so I think when that happened, I think in the movie, I went like out loud.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh no, I hope I'll get like that was didn't hear me?
Speaker 5: It was silly and there's me yeah, and uh there were there were moments in the movie where people applauded hell yeah, and I'm like, hell yeah. So I clapped loudly. I clapped right my son's face because I know it embarrassed him.
Speaker 2: I was trying to scart it. How did your twenty year old son like it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: I think he liked it.
Speaker 5: But we just the whole time, we were like we every once while, we'd nudge each other and go Cooper flag right, Cooper flat, like we were all drunk off the energy of that whole thing. So yeah, it was incredible, highly highly highly reckomed. We'll send this review to Tom and see if that enable has been to meet him here in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: That's going to do it for us.
Speaker 5: I'll never forget the time KT learned how to fly that stunt plane. He looked Tom Cruise dead in his eye and he said, DM me for socks and panty purchases.
Speaker 2: And Tom was all over it.
Speaker 5: Christina is going to stick around and play music right here on the eagle.
Speaker 2: There you going, well, I'm gonna get my sock back. Dude had enough fun in games.