Speaker 1: I say, this is the seventy seven WABC Mini Cast.
Speaker 2: Friday Evening calling you today as we have Senator David McCormick from the great state of Pennsylvania, a former Army officer and a great US Senator in Pennsylvania. Along with Yes, he looks like you might be a lot better than we thought originally. Sanata Fetterman from Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: Give me hey, John.
Speaker 2: Senator McCormick can give us an update. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Well? Great, great, great to be with you. Yeah, listen, I'm now a year and a half into into being the Senator from Pennsylvania. I like to I like to say I'm the best dress Senator from Pennsylvania, and even John Fetterman, my buddy, agrees with that, and I think he's probably the most popular. But that's been a great surprise. We have found a way to work together. And you know, we we vote very differently a lot of the time. We have lots of disagreements, but we don't focus on that. We focus on the things we agree on, stopping fentanyl, unlocking energy of supporting the fight against anti Semitism, supporting America's use of force abroad to protect America's interest in the Middle East against Iran and a nuclear threat. And listen, I trust him. He's been nothing but straightforward and we're good friends. And so that's been a real pleasant surprise. And the thing that's happened, John, is you've seen just in that eighteen months, the Democratic Party has lost its mind. And this extreme part of the party I like to call it, the Graham Platner wing of the party, which is anti military, anti law enforcement, anti business, anti Semitic, and anti America. That part of the party has become and gained the support of mainstream Democrats, including just recently with the lsieed in Michigan. And I mean, this is a direction that I never thought i'd see in my lifetime. When I was a soldier, we were fighting against the Soviet Union, and I never thought when the Cold War ended, we'd have to fight against socialism and communism. I thought those were in the dustbin of history. But that's been the defining thing of the last eighteen months for me.
Speaker 2: A lot of common sense Democrats feel the same way as you do, Senator, in what I tell all my Republican friends is let's get all the common sense Democrats working together with the common sense Republicans and take back America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no doubt about it. And listen, I just came back from two thousand miles twenty six counties over eleven days. And the thing you see across these communities in Pennsylvania, they just want people to solve problems. They want to stop the flow of fentanyl into their communities, which we've made huge progress on. John it was four thousand Pennsylvanians died in the last year of Biden administration. It's now in one year due defense and all. It was sixteen hundred in the first year of the Trump administration, down sixty percent.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: They want the cost of living to go down. They want to be able to buy a house, which is why we just passed this Road to Housing Act, which is going to bring down the cost of housing. When I was right when I got out of the Army, the average age for an American to own a home was twenty eight It's forty one today. So they want people who are going to solve problems. And so that's why I've focused on voting for things that are going to bring that kind of policy to working families in Pennsylvania. The Working Families Tax Cut Act was a big part of that. It's lowering the cost of living, it's bringing back forty five hundred dollars for every family with an average income of fifty five and childcare tax credit. These are the things that they care about and they don't want to get caught up in this crazy ideological leftist part of the Democratic Party. And that's why I think we will do better than people expect in the midterms.
Speaker 2: I agree with you what you said before. The Democrats might have the Republicans might have a few items that not everybody agrees with, but the Democrats have lost their Brian have lost their mind. I mean I we just want common sense. And you know something, Pennsylvania, where you're from, where I have a big investments in Pennsylvania, always had common sense. Senator McCormick, thank you for calling in this Friday. We got so much to talk about. Let's talk on Sunday too.
Speaker 1: You got it, John, looking forward to it. Thank you.