Speaker 1: I don't even care.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, but whatever to the Hey LuSE iph whatever podcast. I hate technology and I'm on a technology podcast. I hate Apple or something, and I'm on an Apple podcast I hate, which is Google.
Speaker 3: That's a nice right now, Randy, I'm not done talking.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what Mike is alluding to. He's talking about that new album drop.
Speaker 4: What up.
Speaker 5: To this?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Before we get started, because I will forget. Dalton Scott, longtime fan listener of the show, literally said if you do CDs, I would buy one from you. And I called his bluff and then he called mine and he was like one of my first. Mike was my first order. Thank you, Mike.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Mike was my first. Mike was my first.
Speaker 3: I didn't even get prior knowledge of it. I learned when everyone else learned.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hold it out for the vinyl.
Speaker 5: There's gonna no podcast. Ain't doing that well, Drew. But Dalton, thank you very much man. He found me through the podcast. He's been around since basically the beginning, so he he loves our podcast.
Speaker 1: He loves our energy, which is why I'm so passionate today.
Speaker 5: Because tech is I hate to if it's not obs as you guys know, then it's chrome with stream Yard. Something's messing me up. But anyway, thank you, Thank you Mike and other people as well for the pre.
Speaker 1: Order of your CD. I appreciate you guys. So I'm trying not to be angry because it's a day of celebration, but man, stream Yard or whatever the heck that just was.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna just say this real quick and that I'm I'm gonna be quiet for the rest of the episode.
Speaker 1: Hi, Hi, Tim.
Speaker 5: So we moved to Streamyard for efficiency, and then the moment I get myself efficient fied, everything just wants to.
Speaker 1: Turn on and find me in the Alps and it's just completely ruined my whole experience.
Speaker 4: Very few people got that reference.
Speaker 1: That is a very deep cut, and I'm surprised.
Speaker 5: You're like, hey, wait a minute, but uh, anyway, we're here, we're working. So tech is woo and I have a new iPhone color, so if I lose connection for whatever reason, at least people on.
Speaker 1: YouTube can see I have why is it not doing the There we go. He auto focuses on baby Wow.
Speaker 3: Technology actually obliged Randy and what he wanted to do. That's even the right word. But what are you holding in your hands? Is I have fifteen regular with blue case and blue? Was that ultramarine?
Speaker 5: I guess is I was doxed my son's face if I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: However, now that you haven't act.
Speaker 5: We we Uh coffee Zilla can't be the only one having a bad day, so uh ultramarine. I went with ultramarine and there we go. And this color has grown on me. I liked it from the offset, just like, oh it's not for me. But the longer I've had it, now, since Saturday or Sunday or whenever I made that I posted the video right after I got it, so whenever I did that video, this.
Speaker 1: Is grown on me even more.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it's thank you, Sony.
Speaker 1: The camera's lying to you.
Speaker 5: Though it's not this blue. It's more periwinkle. There's hues of purple. But for what it is, this might be my new favorite color of all time. And that's saying something coming from the green guy. I don't even want a product red anymore. This color is the best color.
Speaker 1: And that's how that's how bad tech is. If we got to talk about.
Speaker 2: Color or build material as a headlining feature tonium.
Speaker 1: Oh man, but I love it. It's clean. I missed the action button.
Speaker 5: I'm glad I got it back, and camera control button still sucks.
Speaker 1: And this has been my iPhone fifteen review. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to be mentioned that both of you called it an iPhone fifteen in the last five minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great.
Speaker 5: Isn't it an iPhone fifteen pro without promotion?
Speaker 4: Or fifteen?
Speaker 3: Randy upgraded from the same phone that he had.
Speaker 5: Randy is no longer software locked, which is all I ever really cared about.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get software locked eventually, that's just I don't keep happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it happens again in the for iPhone seventeen.
Speaker 3: I don't, you'll yield.
Speaker 1: I don't What am I going to sell my Apple stock? You know? Am I gonna pull a Tesla?
Speaker 4: Yes? You might. Then you can say I paid nothing for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Speaker 5: Ha uh Yeah, I remember Jay, he said I've never clicked on a video with so quickly with a title like that. I'm like, I didn't click bait. I just enticed.
Speaker 4: You said nothing.
Speaker 5: I paid nothing, and I still have. I almost said what you did, recommended Drew. I almost bought an iPad instead, but I came to the realization that if I had to choose one device, it has to be the iPhone and the iPhone, I mean the iPad M four can. I had no intention of buying it this year, on buying it next year.
Speaker 1: So I'm still on track.
Speaker 4: But that tastes.
Speaker 5: Uh. I can't tell you the real answer on record, like out loud, ask me, ask me once we cut I honestly, I can't tell you.
Speaker 1: But what I will say is.
Speaker 3: That secret that you got the blue case.
Speaker 5: I went to the Apple store six different times over the last shy of two weeks, and I'm at the point I know, and I'm not even being hyperbolic here. I know every employee in that store, and the Apple security, the two Apple security guards that rotate throughout the day. I've met them, I've got chumming with them. It has been a rough experience that nothing simple, and then once you have to do like online orders and things have to process with work order numbers, it just makes it that much longer. I have been, like being very literal here, I think within those last two weeks I've spent at least ten hours in that store.
Speaker 3: It's like or something.
Speaker 5: I wasn't even going to bring it up last week when I thought it was done, but then the apple had to bite me where it hurts, and uh, that's where the story of the case coming. But what I'll say out loud is that the case is a good complimentary color for this when I want to mix it up, and so I got it because it was a bright color. It's obnoxious, just like the phone color.
Speaker 4: Is it silicon?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 5: Gentlemen, the iPhone fifteen with the green that I had all year was also silicon, no issues, and I had that.
Speaker 1: For a year zero. You guys are just too nick and Sweeney with your products.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, you guys are too nick and Sweeney with your products.
Speaker 4: I just wish it had a kickstand.
Speaker 1: Oh not all of us could be paid for Drew.
Speaker 4: Just saying it was less money than the silicon case I did.
Speaker 5: Who said I paid any money for it?
Speaker 3: New charge to new charge or.
Speaker 1: Who said I paid anything for it? And I'm not even saying that came.
Speaker 5: Out of the gift card funds which I still have they gave me. They couldn't just give me one gift card without the number. They had to give me like five different gift cards for everything I was turning in and cashing out. So I just have like a stack of gift cards. I'm like, ching, you know that, and dumb and dumber?
Speaker 1: Where you go where? He's like, here you go, here, you go here.
Speaker 5: He's giving the money away to the people as are coming up and he pulls up his Ferrari.
Speaker 1: He's like, what is this?
Speaker 5: These are where's the money? That's as good as money, sir? Those are I O U's go ahead, cut them up every sense acount of for That's what that felt like.
Speaker 3: You know, it makes things a lot simpler. Randy not buying the newest iPhone because you are in fear of being software locked out of whatever BS is going on in the most recent update.
Speaker 5: Mike, I know you're new to these Apple streets, so I'm gonna say it very softly to you. This is the first time, this is the first time Apple has ever been this obnoxious with software locking on a device that wasn't even a year old.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you I've never unlike you, nasty Heathen's putting your sim cards wherever the sun don't shine. I've never left the Apple ecosystem, so I've been around since the second iPhone.
Speaker 3: I'm it's very English in which a lot of things went well for those of quote unquote peer of blood.
Speaker 1: Oh I get it. You just made an incessionable joke. Ha ha ha. I'm sensing a transition coming in three two, and.
Speaker 4: The iPad Many seven dropped this week. Randy's dying over there. Wow, look at that new wallpaper.
Speaker 3: With Apple Intelligence.
Speaker 4: You don't want your iPad many to get software locked, are you, Randy?
Speaker 1: I don't more than that. That one's Britney's. I don't really care.
Speaker 4: Oh, I see how it is.
Speaker 1: As long as god you just he just pulled.
Speaker 4: He.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of cuts that go deep on today. Yeah, that iPad is not mine. I am an iPad less owner now, so I don't really care.
Speaker 3: This man went from iPad is the best thing ever. I'm going to buy one too. I don't own any iPads. I don't know what you're talking.
Speaker 5: About, Michael, Michael, Michael, I told everybody, and you included, I would play.
Speaker 1: It next year. That was the objective. I still got time. Michael insane.
Speaker 3: There's some other things coming out in twenty twenty five, such as iPhone seventeen, another Mac which you'll probably upgrade because you don't want to be software locked, another iPad that for some reason has an update that makes sense. But I don't know. Maybe AirPods Max two will finally come out, or.
Speaker 5: If somebody wants to sponsoring old Randy Nexus, and I'll just shut the up right now and I'll just take whatever they give me.
Speaker 1: I'll be quiet. I don't have to drop the money. They could just send it to them. I'll be like, this is the greatest thing I've ever used. Software locking off. I don't even care if the thing is crickety.
Speaker 5: Loud, illuminating light on a nightstand, I'll suck it up.
Speaker 4: Row. Oh you want to trade? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: I don't have anything to trade you with.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? It in the office right there?
Speaker 1: This is this is not a charger, This is just a dot.
Speaker 3: No, no, my brick. Oh trade his own?
Speaker 1: Where is it?
Speaker 3: He already lost it?
Speaker 4: It's gone again, plot twist.
Speaker 3: It was never here, It was always with Randy.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it even smells like Drew's house.
Speaker 5: But not for long. It's been here so long it's starting to smell like the basement, which is a very nice basement.
Speaker 3: Excuse you, anyways. The color of the basement is also a great description of the color of these iPad colors. They're very unamusing, uninspired, and disappointing.
Speaker 1: My basement is not disappointing.
Speaker 4: They found another way to name something blue that is not blue at all.
Speaker 3: Do you even where are the names of these colors? It looks like black, kind.
Speaker 4: Of blue, purple, starlight and space gray. Not blue.
Speaker 3: That's not starlight either, that's like faded yellow.
Speaker 1: Put the camera on me real quick. I've always wanted to know what would happen if I plug this in and I think.
Speaker 3: Nothing is the same voltage. Wow, Wow, that's a nice iPad that Randy has in his head.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was charging it with a double with a double dongle.
Speaker 4: Looking anyway anyways about double dongles sounds explicit.
Speaker 3: This is explicitly annoying to me. I was hoping for something a little bit more larger of a step in increment for the iPad Mini, and instead this feels more like an sure for it as well.
Speaker 4: I mean, I tried to warn everybody best I could, but somehow everyone was still disappointed. Like for the record, Randy texted me the morning of saying he also was disappointed with the iPad many seven. But it's exactly what we thought it would be. Is that why everyone's disappointed? They want to surprise?
Speaker 3: Yes, I want a little bit more surprise. And which getting more storage is nice? Was it two fifty six now based storage? Still that's pretty good? Yeah for an iPad, Like that's something that I think I have in mind because I built it up to at least less somewhat longer, and so it now being the standard is great. But I don't know. I was hoping for a little bit more than just this now can also run Apple Intelligence?
Speaker 4: Like what built from the ground of it?
Speaker 1: When when can it run Apple Intelligence?
Speaker 4: Not to it?
Speaker 3: Ay, now, well you can't buy this now. Well you can't have this in your hands right now?
Speaker 1: Oh well that's a Marquez Brownie.
Speaker 4: Unless you're on the nice list. They already have it. I'm sure.
Speaker 5: I'm sure he threw up a nice wallpaper to replace the old one big asterisk.
Speaker 4: There. Doesn't that work out perfectly? I was like, everyone complains about Marquez charging for a wallpaper app. But then they also complained that Apple didn't change the wallpaper.
Speaker 6: Then there's no pleasing you like.
Speaker 4: Do you think there would have been a notable uptick in sales, not even notable, a small uptick in sales if they would have changed the wallpaper on the iPad Mini.
Speaker 5: For the tech community, I would say there would at least be five.
Speaker 4: Okay, then Panels was justified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they would. Honestly, that God's on struth.
Speaker 5: I think they would because people but like to look like they have the new, which is why I look like I have the new.
Speaker 4: It goes without saying you can change the wallpaper on an older iPad though, right everybody knows that.
Speaker 5: No, this is actually an iPhone eleven. You know, with the camera array, the you wouldn't know. What are you the parole police?
Speaker 4: What explain Randy is the joker part of his career?
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Oh man, So the iPad Mini, I mean to be honest, iPad Mini.
Speaker 1: Was the best, probably the best product to come around in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, And now it's just shaking?
Speaker 4: Is that the end of the statement?
Speaker 1: Oh? Sorry for all Sorry, I don't have to break it down. This ain't it, chief. I don't know what I was looking for. I wasn't looking for O lead, I wasn't looking for an M chip. I would have happily taken an M chip. But here's what really grinds my gears.
Speaker 5: And A seventeen pro chip is in the iPad Mini, last year's pro chip.
Speaker 7: So MHM.
Speaker 1: Still can't do Stage Manager, but totally could my A twelve X could.
Speaker 4: No, it's absolutely a decision based on the size, not on the chip.
Speaker 5: Then allow extending the display to an external monitor. Don't let that just be an M one thing because this goes to RAM.
Speaker 1: Is not an issue. They've ucked the RAM they had to for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's double the RAM as the A twelve X.
Speaker 1: So there's no there's no issues there.
Speaker 5: There's literally nous as you could, theoretically on Apple's side flip a switch and enable external display not mirroring for an iPad Mini, and then I mean I would even make the same margument to beyond I mean, now we're going into deck territory. I'd make the same argument for a Pro or a PRO Max.
Speaker 1: Actually it doesn't even.
Speaker 5: Matter for if it's a pro pro Maximore because RAM is no longer literally an issue. Eight gigs of RAM is this barrier of entry for all this AI stuff, and a MacBook Air eight gigs of RAM M one from twenty twenty can do all this and then some. That's what's frustrating about the iPad Mini right now. If we're gonna act like iPad is, even if they don't mean, if we're gonna act like iPad is the next best operating system that eventually it will replace mac os, then stick to your guns, like, don't do this whole fragmentation for the sake of software locking or that one is software locking as well, and it's just for the sake of like well, then I guess I'll just buy an iPad Air or an iPad or whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay. Anyway, so.
Speaker 5: Right now as we speak, I had I had a text message come through on my phone and it did the summarizing thing. And I don't know if the summary is accurate or not, but somebody was just giving me feedback on something and like this was great.
Speaker 1: I like that. I don't know about that, and I'm scared to click on.
Speaker 5: It to be like, is that writers like this whole thing sucks, Like, oh man, the summarizing feature.
Speaker 1: It ain't good.
Speaker 5: None of the current Beta AI stuff is really that good.
Speaker 1: With the exception of.
Speaker 5: The cleanup in the photos app where you can like circle something.
Speaker 1: Deleted or whatever the case is, I would tell you that.
Speaker 5: All this stuff is a load of horse poo poo, and Apple should have never ever got on this bandwagon. Just keep pushing spatial computing, Just keep doing that lie or whatever.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: I am you glad you were upgraded so that you could have intelligence features.
Speaker 1: Randy, I you know what's great, Drew, I don't have burn in.
Speaker 4: We didn't see the burn in, did we Nope?
Speaker 3: I never saw it once when I.
Speaker 1: Was well, guys, you just got to take my word for it.
Speaker 4: We will the fifteen is gone. But you know what disappoints me the most about iPad many seven The pencil. Yes, remember the pencil. They said that they had to change the coil on the iPad pro with the M four chip and the M two iPad air so that they could because of the new webcam position in landscape mode. They were like, oh, well, the old Apple pencil doesn't work anymore because we moved the camera to the long side. Well. Now, iPad many as Apple Pencil Pro support, but it does not work with the Apple Pencil too, so if Mike wanted to upgrade or something, he'd have to buy a whole new pencil. He couldn't use his old pencil. And guess what, the webcam is in the exact same place as the last gen iPad, which further proves once again that they redesigned the charge coil for no reason. They just changed it so that they could change it so that you would have to buy a new pencil, where when they totally could have left it the same or at least come up with a charging method that supports Apple Pencil too and Apple Pencil Pro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a bummer, but it's great time for if you wanted to get uh an iPad Mini and you wanted a pencil, But if you already had either of those, this isn't a good situation. So I think that's where probably my frustration should be. But it's mainly more on in very tiny ramp slash, smallest shallowest step I've seen for this product, though I guess maybe the was it the the sixth generation versus the fifth might have been smaller as well, but yeah, that was a big one. Okay, well, yeah, good to know.
Speaker 4: But the you can The good news is you can now buy the iPad Mini six.
Speaker 3: Every single generation has changed pencil. Maybe this is what we should highlight. The fifth generation had the first generation pencil, the six had the second generation, and the USBC at least it can still use USBC Apple pencil. But who wants to plug in a pencil to the bottom of their device?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the pencil doesn't have as many features as the Apple pencil too, So I know there were people online saying, Drew, you don't have to buy the pencil pro, you could buy the USBC pencil, And I'm like, still, you spend one hundred and thirty dollars on a pencil, you buy a new iPad, you got to buy a whole new pencil, and that eighty dollars pencil has less features than the old one you spent one hundred and thirty bucks on. So that's dumb. The good news is you can buy an iPad Mini six on Amazon renewed now for three hundred and thirty bucksh God, I have stars I have right here.
Speaker 3: This is this thing is it starting at five hundred, six hundred, six five hundred, Hey, I was right, I was right. My guess prices before Yeah, okay, yeah, three hundred and fifty or three thirty somewhere in the three hundreds. That's not bad.
Speaker 4: Especially no, I know that some people were bragging that, well, the USB s port is twice as fast now it goes up to ten gigabits per second. And I'm like, what the heck are you moving off of that thing? It's an iPad mini. Why do you need to move files? It's a box from my wallets it is. You're not recording log pro res crap on that thing.
Speaker 3: I do put a lot of files inn so I do get having a whole bunch of stuff on there, but put a bunch of what files, A whole bunch of documents things. I put it on their sideway. I can carry my documents with me digitally.
Speaker 1: Uh if I need.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not my iPhone. On my iPhone, I'm dedicating that mainly to photos, where my iPad mainly has documents. If I need specific documents, I don't want to share in the cloud or have I want to move the documents though air drop So that's that's what I was gonna get at. I just didn't get there until you interiargate it it at me, but.
Speaker 4: Yes, sorry, no, it's I got excited. Oh look the gigabit LTE went down too.
Speaker 3: By one band.
Speaker 4: Used to be thirty two bands, now it's thirty one. Hey, you can save money and the identical product. Yeah, no more physical sim on iPad many but I don't know who was buying cellular iPads. I still don't.
Speaker 3: It also looks like I got the life sucked to have it. This purple is equivly less colorful than the previous purple and the same.
Speaker 5: Nobody replace the ink roller and the printer for the iPads because it's getting very iPhone fifteen in here.
Speaker 4: It looks like the otter Pop.
Speaker 3: They didn't even.
Speaker 4: Nearing the end of the Otter Pop flavor. It's getting the more and more stale. That is not blue. I don't care what they say. That is not a blue color. Look at that. That's teal at.
Speaker 1: Best Mike Show do side by side starlight?
Speaker 3: Starlight is just it's not the same. Uh, let me zoom in.
Speaker 4: You look pretty close.
Speaker 3: Another different. You can tell by the bomb left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks less starlight and more less.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's less luminosity to this color.
Speaker 1: Dang, Michael, did you get your degree at.
Speaker 3: I was going to be an astronomer. I did go into astronomy when I was in community college, and then decide, you know what, I don't really want to try to live in Hawaii and try to keep up with the financials on that island.
Speaker 1: I don't live in.
Speaker 3: The financials are crazy, man. It doesn't make sense, especially on astronomy people here. It's also terrible. At least I can move to other places with my degree.
Speaker 4: In Hawaii, you could live in a tent happily.
Speaker 5: Not when it's so in California if you look.
Speaker 4: No, you can't live happily in California at the house.
Speaker 1: No, but you could live happily in California in a tent.
Speaker 3: I don't think those people are happy.
Speaker 4: You would know if you were a resident. You wouldn't understand AnyWho. Wow, So do you guys think this means there's no event anymore? They're just doing sight refreshes from here on out.
Speaker 8: Yes, thanks Russia, look what they.
Speaker 1: Did, Thanks Obama, they got them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd probably agree with that. True but I would like to have another event. But seeing as though they wanted to show off an iPad and then before that quote unquote leak a MacBook and then I guess the Macmini is next? Am I forgetting one?
Speaker 4: Well, the I don't know. I guess we don't know the layout, the rollout of which products come out next. And see, technically the MacBook Pros haven't been announced yet even though we all know how they so it could go anyway. I think there's a good chance we get one refresh next week on Tuesday. That's uh. Some people were thinking the iPad eleven was gonna get refreshed, but maybe that's even been pushed out. So I will guess M four MacBook pros drop next Tuesday. That's my prediction. Solid guests, surprising no one.
Speaker 1: I'm going with.
Speaker 5: Wow wow, I'm wow wow. I'm going with an event, even if it's like one of those things that like what Craig did with the magic keyword for iPads, have anything like an online thing.
Speaker 3: Uh, wasn't that last was it last year or was it before that? We had the mini video events that were like fifteen minutes or whatever.
Speaker 5: Mike that I think we're gonna get something like that, definitely for the Mac Mini. Okay, if there's no event otherwise, then.
Speaker 4: Let's walk through how to use the new Mac Mini. Then they just use it like a normal computer.
Speaker 3: Well, they're gonna show off the ports they have to show. Hey, look, the ports are still here on the back of this thing, but we'll reorganized it so that way they all fit aesthetically.
Speaker 4: They'll have a whole event just for the ports.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, in the past they've also used that time for events like a thirty minute event to not just update Max, but then accessories that compots and stuff like that. All that was part of the same event before I can see all that happening.
Speaker 1: Ah. I don't know if there's any talks of a home pod coming. But oh god, but why why do you guys this to me? Like, do you not? I'll just shut up to me?
Speaker 4: Will you thank you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: This episode shows violence.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know why there wouldn't be something to showcase a new designed Mac, especially a Macminnie, the most affordable one.
Speaker 1: Use that time to look, are we getting air tags updated as well or something? Or is that next year.
Speaker 4: There's nothing to do with their tags, sphere tags.
Speaker 3: I guess they're discs. What's a revolutionary shape.
Speaker 4: Triangle?
Speaker 3: Okay, there we go, we're doing prisms.
Speaker 4: No, they won't do it, they they may. I remind you we did not even get a pre recorded no announcement event for Airpod's Max, the first one that was just a sight refreshed. We just woke up one day and it was like, they're five hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 5: Those are more expensive than a Mac Minnie. I see where, I see where we're getting at.
Speaker 4: They're pretty close. I don't know if they're Yeah, they're up there, but I think Apple's done after the whole league thing. I think they're like, nah, let's just drop these. We're not that proud of them anyway.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Well, because the M five Max, yeah, five is supposed to be the rumored redesign.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's M five or at some point, Yeah, but I will admit there was a point today where I was editing outside and I was like, you know, a brighter MacBook display would be kind of handy.
Speaker 3: How many more knits do you need?
Speaker 4: I think when it's not doing HDR content, it's still Max is out at like five hundred, so you need like a thousand, then, yeah, I guess that'd be better. That's what the iPad got with OLED, right, it's around a thousand and knits.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of nits.
Speaker 4: Don't outside that much, but I could barely see it at full brightness, fair enough, Maybe.
Speaker 5: That I do.
Speaker 3: The thing is though, Drew, I also like being outside of the computer, so I'm totally not shaming you on that. It's nice to try. I feel like you're one with nature while you're staring into the void of a digital screen.
Speaker 4: But it was in a city, but yeah, still, I was sitting outside of Starbucks waiting for someone nature there.
Speaker 3: It wasn't, by decision, the least closest thing to nature, being at a Starbucks in the city. But yeah, I think, uh, I think we're due for something next week. That's my prediction. Yes, I won't whole hardly agree with the the M four, MacBook Pro or MacBook whatever, but I think something's coming. I've got no connections, but.
Speaker 4: We need those like USBC accessories.
Speaker 3: Sure, it seems like we're not getting spooky season, We're getting spooky drops.
Speaker 1: That's what I call Keika's droppings. When I take it outside to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Look at these spooky drops. That's what I tell my son when we potty train him. Then he comes up to me, He's like, Dad, my fart is on the floor, and I'm like, oh no.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to figure out how Randy's going to verbally gymnastic self into the iPhone seventeen slim next year when that comes out.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't I wouldn't pay for it.
Speaker 3: That's the answer, is green. That's how he gymnastics himself into it.
Speaker 4: So what will he trade in? What will he sell?
Speaker 1: I will part ways with.
Speaker 5: My watch.
Speaker 3: It's gonna say his hands, my.
Speaker 1: Watch, this this. I mean, do we really need a MacBook these days? Right?
Speaker 4: Am I?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: We do? I do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, right, yeah, yeah no. I I wouldn't sell my stock. Well, if I did sell the stock, it's because I just roll it over into something else.
Speaker 1: But no, what will Randy do next year?
Speaker 5: Randy?
Speaker 1: Will you know? I just realize something.
Speaker 5: I think I like blue more than I.
Speaker 4: I think they based ultramarine off of the color of the light behind me.
Speaker 1: This is one I this case. I was like, that's a tailor's a tech blue. I've been in the office. I know that this is the paint. I've seen this blue.
Speaker 4: I should probably have that, and I don't. Sadly, I've been disappointed with this phone again. Oh, I was filming in real nature. I was in a park and there was an altercation. There were people fighting, and.
Speaker 3: I was like, world stars, why doesn't this work?
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm gonna film this because the fists are being thrown, so I need to make sure that if something goes down, the police have video evidence in four K at sixty frames a second.
Speaker 1: So I testify a trial.
Speaker 4: My brand new top of the line sixteen pro macs, and within nine seconds the recording FROs.
Speaker 1: You're not even on a beta?
Speaker 4: Are you no beta?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 4: What the sigma.
Speaker 5: Yo?
Speaker 4: I was like, well, i don't know how to get any better than this. I'm on the public release on the newest iPhone, and yet I'm still having bugs. And this was one of those moments where you really didn't want the camera to freeze. It literally could have meant prison sentence depending on what happened.
Speaker 5: His phone is from a sixteen pro Matt. We can't omit this in Discovery.
Speaker 4: He's right, the killer powered phone.
Speaker 5: Every issue I ever had with this series came from a pro and I've had nothing but a glorious, beautiful time on a base model. Tempers expectations when Drew said about.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, I haven't got it yet, so well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see. See it's happening. I'm calling it. Drew's going to continue having heat issues and you're gonna get burning, and we're just gonna rinse and repeat every single year.
Speaker 5: Well, the difference is both Drew and I didn't pay for these phones. Just one of us has more, one of us has more morals than the other.
Speaker 4: We both paid, we just didn't use money.
Speaker 3: Were trying to hold it against me that I paid for my phone and that that was bad.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just like to I like to throw a shot at Drew. But I would sell out even harder.
Speaker 4: I paid with my integrity and Randy paid with his older Apple tech.
Speaker 2: I paid, and my time ten hours not worth it, not worth it.
Speaker 1: I would have seld out harder than what you did.
Speaker 5: Or I would have like, I'll pick your case and you give me a thousand so I can go buy another phone.
Speaker 3: That's what I'll do well.
Speaker 4: I've sure learned by lesson because all the comments on my last video were complaining that it wasn't sponsored. I'm doing this wrong. Everyone's like, dear God, just sponsor the content already. They were all complaining, and I was like, well, this isn't doing me any favors.
Speaker 9: So shoot, I I don't know what it will take to get me to upgrade, but not much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently, So that's my guess.
Speaker 4: That's what I've learned. You don't like Apple Intelligence and you use that as the biggest.
Speaker 1: No, Siri is my biggest. That's all I wanted.
Speaker 4: I know. If that's all it takes, then I'm telling you that they'll think of something in a year that you'll be like, oh, yep, I need that definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I software looked. I don't.
Speaker 4: Ye know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that you guys have such miserable lives that you choose to take.
Speaker 3: I'm having a great life right now. I haven't had any issues with my fourteen pro.
Speaker 1: Ain't that the truth.
Speaker 5: My brother has the exact same phone as Mike, and him and I were comparing phones because technically I made I proclaimed that an iPhone a base iPhone sixteen is better in every way, shape or form, minus promotion and always on display than an iPhone fourteen Pro. And it's still more expensive to get a certified refurbished fourteen Pro. And my brother we did a little side by side besides the fact that that phone is like the heaviest phone that Apple ever like put out there, like flawless. I'm like the fourteen Pro the one phone I was willing to skip.
Speaker 1: I'd even touch the fourteens. And he's just like, ah, I know this is a good I'm having.
Speaker 5: He has the purple he calls it Thanos purple, you know, and he's like everything is fine, it's great, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Everyone long term effects.
Speaker 5: I have another uh friend hurt my brother and you, Mike, Mike, I'm about to give you another time code for you to censor.
Speaker 1: The three people who I know who I talked.
Speaker 5: To frequently unfortunately, uh all, I have fourteen pros, all of them, and like they're aging really well, and they don't care about the AI, they don't care about any of that other stuff.
Speaker 1: They're just like, oh, it's a great film and I'm thinking like battery.
Speaker 4: Action.
Speaker 5: But they're like a right, they don't care about that stuff. Yeah, battery is fine, Everything about it is fine. So yeah, I won't take much for me to upgrade. But the one year I skipped an upgrade is the year that everyone's having the time of their lives.
Speaker 3: On at fourteen. But the fourteen has been nothing but decent.
Speaker 1: Base fourteen. The base fourteen.
Speaker 3: Was he brings over his soda or whatever it is. This looks like soda, do you well? It looked like it looked like mountain dew or lighting light.
Speaker 4: Weird. It was all green.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised it's not Pepsi cola.
Speaker 1: Oh the green is because it's it's my Sonoma wall paper. Yeah, that Sonoma. No, this is creamy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not I'm not gonna commit to how long I'll hold this phone at all. I don't.
Speaker 3: I understand you, But Randy, I feel I could have held a tad bit of restraint at least.
Speaker 5: Why now now I'm sitting on some cash that I can allocate towards an iPad.
Speaker 3: After you sold all these products that you didn't technically have to sell.
Speaker 5: But then, also on that same notion, why was I holding onto them for so long?
Speaker 3: Nostalgia?
Speaker 1: Okay? And I got photos to go back to look at that stuff.
Speaker 3: At least I can touch mine.
Speaker 5: I The only nostalge I care about is the five s which I have framed.
Speaker 1: That's the only one that was ever like the biggest deal with it with mine. Yes, I got, I got it.
Speaker 5: I got Yes, Mike, I got two iPhone five as one was my actual personal And that's gross.
Speaker 1: You feel good about yourself, Drew good, You feel good?
Speaker 4: Is that good?
Speaker 1: You feel good about that.
Speaker 4: I pressed the wrong button?
Speaker 5: I'm sure, yeah, yeah, I'm not going to commit to how long I hold onto a phone, but I feel pretty confident that I am.
Speaker 1: I'm so disinterested in pro phones as as a whole.
Speaker 5: I'm genuinely desensitized to it now. So that's about as close as a normal user, not a tech enthusiast, I think I could get.
Speaker 1: And I knew I was like on the right track when my.
Speaker 5: Wife kind of supported the idea of after I showed her like, hey, with training this in this is what the money we're going to get back, and how much.
Speaker 4: Is left on the cards, the gift cards.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Definitely what I know, definitively. I never even touched one of them, and I think that one gave me like two hundred.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say at least two sets of air tags I got.
Speaker 1: I got. I got at least two hundred for sure. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I have no idea, but that'll put a nice dent in the iPad Pro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean in the Macmini.
Speaker 5: No, there's nothing wrong with the MacBook Pro. I would like to have a sace.
Speaker 3: Right, there's nothing wrong, but that doesn't mean that there's everything right with it. Meaning what STI get something that's new in boxing?
Speaker 5: No, I use the Mac for abuse like this and for logic and Final Cut. So as long as I can have my weekly abusing.
Speaker 3: And also run logic and Final Cut, I'm Brandy's a masochist apparently.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: You kind of have to do.
Speaker 3: Which I guess everyone knew this because they saw him go through this very wonderful situation with iPads and iPhones. Your track record is showing that the Mac is next for this masochistic beating of yourself.
Speaker 5: Well, I will say this, it feels nice when I open like my iCloud account, my Apple count and I just see like all these few devices now and having having just doing the dru approach of just a Mac os and an iOS device, and in symmetry, I'm like, this is this is clean.
Speaker 1: I've never proclaimed to be a digital minimalist, but.
Speaker 5: This feels pretty freaking clean.
Speaker 1: Less things I gotta stress worry about.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't have an additional frame to like if I wanted to film on iPhone, but like, I use my my mirrorless camera as my primary and this can be the secondary, and I'm okay with that. So for what I for my setup, I'm I've been content the iPad, like I want to have it, but that's a want. You kind of need to have a Mac to do all this stuff, and you need to have a smartphone.
Speaker 1: And I choose to stay in the ecosystem, So it's iPhone for me.
Speaker 5: Everything else from Vision Pro, which I would have loved to cap, but it's like that's too expensive, Vision Pro, new AirPods. Whenever, whenever these guys go out all those things iPad, all those things of wants, uh, they don't. They don't pull me to like you want you're going to go buy this the same way like evidently an iPhone sixteen.
Speaker 1: Can I look at that day? I'm like.
Speaker 4: A phone, am back? These are three separate products. You get it? Oh, are you good?
Speaker 5: I get my lesson from this whole sixteen tobaccle was.
Speaker 1: Stick with the tech that has its.
Speaker 5: Purpose, like this mic or that camera or this monitor or this computer that runs my favorite OS. Just stop trying to minimize things. It's causing more friction than than just using the products for their intended purposes.
Speaker 1: And if that means you have a few more products, then that's that's okay with me. That's fine. At least I trust it.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 5: The only thing I got to complain about his stream yard or chrome. I haven't figured that one out yet. But you know, I'm content with a base boring iPhone because the cameras have been good, the OS has been good, and everything that you need your phone to do for social media, banking, communication, like all that stuff been good.
Speaker 4: So like.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm fine. I just don't like and it's a bit petty. I don't like being software locks freaking sume me. At least I'm honest about it. But I didn't like that.
Speaker 3: So here we are. I was curious, so I looked up on Apple's website what things are listed there? And I guess what's not shown is the watch. But I've got the Watch, the TV, the updated Air, I guess, the Aird air Pod, HomePod MANI, the two home pods I bought from Drew, the phone, the MacBook Air, the iPad Mini in the studio geez. It is a bunch of stuff, but it does serve a purpose, and there's also redundancy and also storage that I can exploit out of having two macs.
Speaker 1: All right, Mike Gunda, Hedgyconi, pick two or three?
Speaker 3: What are you going with two of these devices?
Speaker 1: Two or two or three? I don't really care.
Speaker 5: But it's like, if you were forced to downsize right now, like which, oh, which mac os are you keeping?
Speaker 3: I'd probably go with the studio May and the Yeah, the iPhone honorable mention.
Speaker 1: What would be the third device? Honorable mention?
Speaker 3: iPad? Okay, I mean, the MacBook is great, it's not necessary, it's great, but the iPhone and the iPad could probably do what the MacBook Air does for me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, yeah, the home pods I don't necessarily need. The TV has been a little bit silly these days. And I don't even use the watch that's hiding over here.
Speaker 1: Which which series watch do you have?
Speaker 3: It's the five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, aluminum or stainless steel.
Speaker 3: Aluminum, Okay, trying to look at anything else. It's I should probably get rid of it because I just don't use it.
Speaker 1: Take the forty bucks or whatever they give.
Speaker 8: You for it, and just I can buy myself some are tags there you go, just cash it in, even though I know I kind of got jipped with trading in with Apple instead of Sun and Swapa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just it's not I don't like the whole going to the post office and the products send it out like I.
Speaker 4: Was doing a take less than ten hours.
Speaker 1: Notice I didn't talk about time because I regret that. I do regret that, Drew you got me there.
Speaker 5: But I just the idea that like when you when you had to buy the materials, buying turns for shipping and all, like, you're not really making that much more and so on paper, theoretically, just save yourself some time, and you know, what's anywhere between ten and thirty bucks of a difference with Apple if they're willing to give you the actual price for it, assuming the devices are still good because they run these diagnostics.
Speaker 1: That they don't like. It's all automated. They scan a QR code and then it just starts. My screen starts doing weird stuff to verify it. It's an original screen. And the guy goes, actually, you got some burning and I'm like I okay.
Speaker 5: He's like, we're still gonna give you the full I think the iPhone fifteen gave me four to ten.
Speaker 1: I think that was what the max was.
Speaker 3: They gave me the phones off.
Speaker 1: They gave me the maxim out for it.
Speaker 5: So I was like, well, I think I could have gotten maybe at least five hundred, but shipping and taxes, and I was like, you know what, correct, Just I accepted the four ten, So they give you a definitive offer there afterwards you just accept it to give you a gift card and then that's it.
Speaker 1: So that part was quick. It was everything else that said freaking forever added up to these hours. But yeah, I don't know true.
Speaker 3: Are you ever going to to watch it again?
Speaker 4: They'd have to really up the battery life I think for me to consider it again. Also, not the Ultras too small a battery.
Speaker 3: It needs to be at least a month, and.
Speaker 4: I don't like the design of the Ultra. It's too big, it's too chunk. I wore it for a while. If you remember, way back when when it came out, I did review it and I was getting caught on everything. It was so sharp, it was too bulky, and I was like, I just don't want something else to charge. So if it could last for a really long time, then I wouldn't have to pack around chargers for it. That would make it more digestible. But I similar to you. I like this feeling of just being light. It's just like phone, laptop done. That's it type. It's simple. And it's weird because a few years ago Drew would have told you he never leaves the house without the Apple Watch it. I feel weird when I don't have it, But somehow I'm getting by with I guess I've changed. I guess my tastes of change, or my desires have changed, or as I've gotten older, I've appreciated traveling lighter more and more, being a smaller footprint. And it's just too many times where I've needed like, oh, let me get the charger for that, let me get this charger, and I'm like yeah, and then the watch bands changing and oh, these watch bands don't fit anymore, and these ones you gotta buy. It's like, I don't I don't like that stuff hanging over me. But maybe they'll get me with the glasses, because I do need glasses. My visions suck.
Speaker 1: If my prescription was helping you, then I'm like, dude, you need to go get some glasses.
Speaker 4: I should have gone a while ago.
Speaker 1: I should be wearing them like at this point all the time. I just I'm petty. There you go. Oh my godness, what you guys look like?
Speaker 3: You do you too, Peter Parker?
Speaker 4: I have no clue what you two look like.
Speaker 1: We're just blobs. Why are we doing? Guys, stop annoying me.
Speaker 4: Amy of the of the rumored Apple Vision products that Mark German dove into, he said, next year we get an Apple Vision Air, and then in twenty twenty six we get a second generation Apple Vision Pro, and then twenty twenty seven we get Apple's version of ray band meta camera glasses. Of those three, which one are you, guys the most interested in?
Speaker 1: Apple Vision Air, second Gen Pro? And then glasses?
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, Mike, Probably the Vision Air?
Speaker 4: Really? Yeah? The glasses.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you like I don't need to carry glasses with me everywhere, But.
Speaker 4: The goggles are okay? Or would you just leave them at home?
Speaker 3: I just leave them at home typically, or take them with me on a flight or something else. But glasses are cool, They're very strong. Second, and probably if you caught me yesterday, the day before, or maybe a month before or even two weeks ago when we were talking with Nick, I would say glasses. But after that podcast, I thought, does it make sense to carry around glasses with me that I have to charge? And I have to be wary or not wary, but cognizant of the fact that the information is going through a company who doesn't have I mean, privacies not really a thing anymore. But even still, do I want to entertain having these things sit around my house and or out in public or in places that I just don't want other people to see. No, and so having goggles that can easily put it well, I guess the glasses could be put away in a case, but having the goggles at least have some way of turning on and off, or the glasses, I guess, okay, I keep on talking to myself in circles. But I think I feel a lot more comfortable with the vision Air just for I don't know, just a feeling like I think that's justifiable. I don't think there has to be a too logical reason. Besides, I don't want to have to think about having bringing glasses with me even though I don't really need them yet, and having a little bit of that pressure of oh, this would be a good idea to capture this right now, I should probably turn these on, Oh is it booted up? And all that, rather than the Visionaire where there's a purpose to it of I'm sitting down to use these things for I don't know, extended displays or Apple Arcade or whatever else. I guess visualizing cads would be great as well compure aid drugs, So that's probably what I would be a little bit more interested in, something a little bit more heavy duty than glasses. But I do like the idea that there is the possibility that Apple can make glasses that are very light and optimized and just a nice finished feel to them, unlike what I guess iPhone sixteen has felt like that's fair, it's theoretical.
Speaker 7: What about you, Randy, I do need glasses, you know, like my vision is bad, So I feel from a utility purpose, I would have them anyway on me.
Speaker 5: But I guess it really comes down to the use case of how those glasses would be marketed. So meta does it in a sense of like, ooh, capture these moments and then automatically upload it to your story and then that's that. I'm not necessarily interested in documenting like that in the moment just so it can go to my Instagram story.
Speaker 1: I like the idea of having.
Speaker 5: Cameras that are at eye level, the same way you could like your eyes are the viewfinders, so you don't you can already see what's happening just from the sake of what's being.
Speaker 1: Recorded, like what happened on Apple Vision Pro. I like the the UI of how all that went out.
Speaker 5: But spatial computing, I'm like, because knowing Apple, what will do with the glasses. They'll probably try to put spatial video and photos, and so you might have something on both sides, if not bare minimum like light ar coming out from one camera on the other, and they will be expensive and they'll be really cool, very technologically advanced, the way Vision bro was.
Speaker 1: But if it's more passive. You don't have to walk around charging it all the time, but you have the convenience of Siri talking to you.
Speaker 5: Like the outer oh, I just did it right now, Like the outer ring just kind of lights up, And that's what happens with your peripherals on the camera. They light up as you're talking and it tells you the notification kind.
Speaker 1: Of like car play. Wow.
Speaker 5: So if you get like the car play functionalities on glasses, that's kind of sick.
Speaker 1: I'd be about that. But it really depends on what what.
Speaker 6: The the the use case would dictate what was what is the primary focus of the glass, because with the vision pro it's visional ass it's special computing.
Speaker 5: So really it's just a bunch of words don't really mean much. But if they're trying to compete with those glasses that Meta did with uh not the ray band was one, but the other.
Speaker 1: Other one, then the geminis, I think, yeah, the Geminis. If they're tryings like.
Speaker 4: That, forget Orion, You're right, it is.
Speaker 1: It's one of the oo oreo. That's I like the idea of that.
Speaker 5: And so what sells me on this is when Nick was visiting me a couple of weeks ago, he Ryan Orian. He took a video passively of I was we were out.
Speaker 1: I think we were like at Garden the Gods or something.
Speaker 5: I don't remember, but he took a video of me chasing my son like we were playing and he's running around.
Speaker 1: He's happy.
Speaker 5: He's like yea, no, no da, and I was just like, come here, dada, and he documented it and I didn't know he did that. And later that night he was offloading from the app to his camera roll and he's like, oh, hey, I'm gonna air drop you this or whatever, and he shows me and I'm like whoa.
Speaker 1: And it was so cool to see.
Speaker 5: Some towering dude giving me a helicopter drone footage of me playing with my kid. And the mics are spatial or or they're yeah, there's they're they're stereo.
Speaker 1: They moved because I listened to it with headphones. I put my AirPods in and as I was talking and he was turning his head.
Speaker 5: I felt more immersed in that moment than I would have, like just recording on on my phone.
Speaker 1: And the thing about the phone, the thing that I give Nick about where I'm like.
Speaker 5: Okay, I can see a case for that is you have to be actively like doing this, and you have to be ready, and you're and.
Speaker 1: You're looking at this, and you're not looking at the at the moment.
Speaker 5: And what I love about vision Pro and what I was finding myself enjoying about what Nick would show me with the metaglasses is their passive experiences about documenting the memories. And I'm like, I understand this emotional pool it's doing now, and I like that.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing I ever really enjoyed about vision Pro.
Speaker 5: So, however, Apple does that and I don't have to just like walk around with a brick on my face.
Speaker 1: Consider me game? What about you, Drew.
Speaker 4: M Yeah, I'm pretty torn. You both made good examples. I'm tempted to say glasses just because I know I'm gonna need those anyway. With like the Apple Watch, I can say I don't wear a watch, I don't need a watch, so I could just get by with that one. With glasses, it's like I should have got one a while ago, and I'll probably at some point in my life end up carrying a pair of glasses around with me everywhere. But actually, I think what it'll depend more on than how good the cameras are, because I don't really see myself taking a bunch of pictures and videos with glasses. Maybe I will, but I'm pretty light on the photography video stuff as is. Maybe that would change with glasses, But I'm more interested in the audio stuff, like the idea of just passively having those little ear oriented little speakers on the stems of the glasses and maybe those giving directions or those announcing messages and that kind of bypassing the whole you don't have to check your wrist to just as you know new text from so and so. But I don't know, I've not experimented with that kind of ye before because usually I only wear AirPods when I'm listening to music. I'm not like my aunt. My aunt is a good example of someone who will just like wear the air pods all day throughout the day, even if she's not listening to things, just so the messages can be announced with her. But I can't find a good pair of headphones that actually just stay in my ear period, So that would be an interesting use that I haven't explored. It's just like, uh, maybe I'd be more interested in trying Apple intelligence features. If I could interact with it through the glasses through audio, not so much visual, but just telling me like what am I looking at here? Or give me directions to this. Maybe that's something they could do legally because there's no visual covering up your eyes, so even when you're driving, because we all know the Tesla nave sucks. So if they could just tell me when to turn from here that way, it's not interrupting the music in the car. It's only the driver that gets notified that your turn is coming up. There's some use cases there that I'm curious about because I'm like, glasses are inevitable for me, Like that's gotta happen, so I got to carry those around. I'm not too worried about privacy because I don't believe in it, and I think everyone can see everything about you everything, So I'm not too worried, but I'm very curious. I think it's a very close call between that and Apple Vision Air, just because if they could basically, man, I realized now everything I'm wanting Apple to do is something Meta's already done. I'm just like Apple's version of the quest Yeah, like the battery is integrated, it would actually be pretty cool. If what I think is inevitable, or the next step is our iPhones are gonna get so big. They're already big, They're gonna get big, stay big, and the batteries will be huge, and the chips in them will be so fast. We're gonna be like, why do we need these chips on our phones to be so fast? All we do is scroll TikTok all day? What's the point? Well turns out with that high speed USBC port, maybe in future generations it will have higher output power as well, and the phone becomes that brick that's currently just a basic aluminum brick and Apple Vision Pro and if they could scale down, tone it down a little bit, maybe just to glasses so that it doesn't have to stitch together all of reality with ninety cameras in light ar, whatever it takes on Apple Vision Pro. If it was just running the two displays over the glasses, I think the phone could probably do the heavy lifting, and the phone could be the battery, or at least most of the battery. Like the glasses have a tiny little battery that lasts a little while, but if you want to use the visual stuff, you have to plug your phone in and then the phone is doing all the processing and the A twenty pro chip or whatever. See we found something.
Speaker 1: I like this photo that people watching on YouTube.
Speaker 5: It's it's all the it's all the clean elements that you would get from from from vision os.
Speaker 1: But clearly it's a meta product.
Speaker 4: I think the big difference is that meta which I think is wrong about this despite having very impressive hardware. But Zuckerberg says he's convinced these glasses and goggles and crap will all replace the smartphone within a decade or two. And I don't think that will happen. But also I don't think Apple would say that even if it were true. That's their bread and butter. You know, Apple's not going to be the company that, Wow, that's hilarious. Apple's not going to be the company that's like, yeah, these glasses are going to kill off our best selling product that our shareholders have come to know and love so much. Yeah. No, I think Apple will find a way to come up with these glasses that can project on top of you, and they'll run VISIONOS and it'll do visual intelligence and all that jazz, but it will be very iPhone dependent, so that Apple can still say, yeah, these are all great features and great opportunities of spatial computing, but in order to access them, you need the iPhone nineteen promax.
Speaker 1: Am I getting software locked again?
Speaker 4: Yes? Your ihere going to keep.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: So I do agree with Zuck, just not in the way that he thinks the phone will become obsolete.
Speaker 1: It's exactly what you're saying, Drew.
Speaker 5: I think the phone will become more of a passive device and be the the phone will be to the Max studio or Mac Minnie what the glasses will are to a display, So they have to coexist with one another. But you can use a phone just by phone's sake. But I do think that a more passive, wearable experience is inevitably going.
Speaker 1: To replace a phone. I just don't think the phone when I say replaced it.
Speaker 5: It becomes such an integrated part of it.
Speaker 1: It's like the camera system.
Speaker 5: Now the glass will be so emphasized for the phone that they you can't look at one without thinking of the other. When we talk about iPhones, we think about the camera. When we talk about you know, uh, machine learning and post processing with photography and stuff like that from Ioas you think about an iPhone. You don't think about an iPad's camera or anything else. You think about the iPhone. They're synonymous with one another. And I think I can see a future where glasses will do that. It will be as synonymous with the iPhone, the same way you are with an Apple Watch. Still, can you have a standalone Apple Watch with Cellier? Sure, ain't nobody doing it, but you can. You know, Nick is a special kind of person, I say, But right though, Yeah, anyway, so that's my thought.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 5: I agree with Zuck, but not the way that Zuck wants it to go. Apple will still sit on top and they will live in harmony, side by side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think my abhorrence to it, or at least why I am not too keen on integrating the end of my life is I kind of want to just distance myself from technology a little bit more. I bar least experience life more like life and not keep on staring at screens, especially since my job is staring at screens all day, and then when I get home, I'm exhausted from staring at screens. So I stare at a screen to just enjoy media and all that. So in between staring at a screen and staring at a screen, having screens in front of my eyes that can project things onto things, and also audio and everything pumped into it in a five G or six G chip sitting right next to my temple and all that heating everything up. It doesn't sound appealing to me, in which I think I'm more of the mindset of uh interm use of technology a bit more these days.
Speaker 4: You're probably right. I think that's probably what Apple's scrambling to figure out, like what's the next big thing? And they're struggling with the idea of maybe there isn't another big thing. Maybe well it's cars, is what it is. But you're not doing that, are you.
Speaker 3: Or at least Ninemore.
Speaker 1: But unless they buy the drowning ones.
Speaker 4: Luckily they spent two billion dollars to realize it wasn't for them.
Speaker 1: Right, also known as chump change.
Speaker 3: Is chump change.
Speaker 1: Apple could have saved Fisker or anything. Apple could have bought any of those guys.
Speaker 4: They could pretty much by anybody, but Tesla at this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that opportunity kind of came and gone.
Speaker 1: Why didn't Apple, by twitter.
Speaker 4: Uh ping what they decided? They have bad experience with social media.
Speaker 1: Apple Connect, Apple Music Connect, and the other one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they didn't even try with that one.
Speaker 1: What was that artists to connect with fans.
Speaker 4: Well, they could probably get Twitter for a lot cheaper. Now you have to protect freedom. But this is a cool story. Are we saving that for the next show or what I mean?
Speaker 3: We can? But Apple secretly tapping byd to build a battery for canceled Apple Car is very interesting choice. And I think in here they mentioned the Blade batteries might have been co produced, yeah, and or intended for the Apple Car.
Speaker 4: I have no idea if it's true, but that's so cool if it is, because the Blade battery pack is by far the coolest battery pack in any tesla, easily m for those who don't know's. It doesn't use nickel or cobalt, so it's cheaper to make, and you can charge it to full. It lasts longer. But also because of the Blade design and having so much better passive thermals, you can hold really really high charging speeds deep into the pack. So it's something I wish we had here in the US. We don't, but the people who have it out in Europe are very impressed by it, so if Apple had any say in it, like makes me even more upset that they didn't pursue the car project. It's like, come on, yeah, it could have been so good. But they're like, oh, I can't drive itself. I guess we'll cancel it. It's like.
Speaker 1: That's such a I hate that.
Speaker 5: I hate that so much. Stop trying to make things drive themselves. Just stop.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, the camera button has a shutter button.
Speaker 1: No one cares.
Speaker 4: I want to use AI to figure out when to take the photo, and because we couldn't get that AI working, we removed the camera.
Speaker 5: It's like.
Speaker 1: What, I'm just so, I'm just I'm just so overhearing.
Speaker 5: Autonomous driving period from Apple, from anybody, No more autonomous nothing.
Speaker 4: I'm just the it's the modern day version of flying car. Like in the eighties, everyone thought flying cars were going to be a thing, like, oh, the future will have flying cars, And the more you think about it, you're like, no, it's just not a good idea. It'll be too noisy and the air traffic and it's just a big mess. But now the modern day version is oh, yeah, self driving cars. I'm sure we'll get that soon. Of course, self driving car naturally yeah, and it's like Nope, maybe not, maybe it's not as practical as the all thing.
Speaker 1: I just don't I don't get it, like I don't under.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna go too front because we'll say it for ev but I I I'm just tired of it, Like, how about make here's my frustration, how about you make a really good product first and then explore these weird niche whatever side passions with with software. But get the get the platform, get the foundation, get the hardware going first for any of them.
Speaker 1: Just have that, Which is why I've clammed up with Tesla for all those years, because it's like they do have the platform, they do have all this stuff. I just don't agree with their timelines or how.
Speaker 4: Much product was amazing with the self drive.
Speaker 1: That's my point. It should not be a selling feature.
Speaker 5: It should literally just be like, does this is the product for what it is?
Speaker 1: And we just happened to take AI photos? That will tell you what you're taking a photo off? Fine, whatever.
Speaker 4: Apple's having the same problem with the iPhone is they're trying to make AI the feature. A rabbit tried to make AI the product that went well, Hey, maybe when the iPhone seventeen slim. That's totally a fold of bull folds out like a flip phone. It turns into like the rabbit. U, I.
Speaker 3: Onto your shirt. Pocket's apple?
Speaker 4: All right? We just convinced Randy he's got to trade in everything. Mike, you could trade in a lot of Apple products and get a Ultra Marine iPhone sixteen.
Speaker 1: Are you mocking me? Yeah, you're mocking me. He's mocking me.
Speaker 4: Just an idea, Just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just an idea.
Speaker 5: Or Mike, you could take a sponsorship and just get one for free.
Speaker 3: Who was sponsor me?
Speaker 1: Who sponsors?
Speaker 4: True?
Speaker 1: I don't know how this happens. It just does. I said coffee beans once. That was my cellout.
Speaker 3: Look at that, I think the closest ever gotten.
Speaker 4: Scond.
Speaker 3: It looks more like the people from tron or Star Treks.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna save?
Speaker 4: Rogue? Are to save?
Speaker 3: Does he say that? I don't think he says that when.
Speaker 1: She's about to die?
Speaker 3: Wow, just freezing on Drew with that half smirk, staring into the ray band verse.
Speaker 1: Take photos of that.
Speaker 3: That's a he can use that, or there we go. That's cool.
Speaker 1: That's a good thumb. Now you can use that as an outline for something.
Speaker 4: I could but I won't.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, well, hold on well lasting to highlight as a final thought. Oh geez, the FTC announcing that the click to cancel rule that requires companies to let cancel any product as easily as you can register be going forward.
Speaker 4: According to the Union us Rare FTC W.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you sign up with a click, they should let you cancel with the click. I think that's a man a big W. I'm gonna keep on highlighting these big w's from these tech companies, like Microsoft Office being a one time purchase.
Speaker 4: It's gonna say you always come in at the last second with like the best story.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about more of it next week if it's that interesting to you know, let's know.
Speaker 4: The we'll have a new site refreshed to talk about. Well will somehow make time for both.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening, everybody, We'll see you next week.
Speaker 5: Bye bye,