Speaker 1: And what's up? Guys. Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me is always are my lovely wife Amanda. Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 3: It sure does.
Speaker 1: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode eighteen. The doctor in talking about how we feel about it now three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is going to be super fun.
Speaker 3: It sure will.
Speaker 1: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 2: Thebluepodcast dot com, our email address Blue Podcasts at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamps so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar a month and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 3: They sure are awesome. We appreciate you guys so much.
Speaker 1: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching the doctor.
Speaker 4: How can I help?
Speaker 5: I need to see you. Oh yes, I'm chilly con squeezing tightly.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 4: Not what's row with you.
Speaker 1: Today, Henry? Could you tell us what was going on at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 2: At the beginning of the episode, we see Blue, the receptionist which her name is Edna in this game, and she gets a phone call from a patient and she's talking to the patient and then Honey comes up and says that she needs to see the doctor, but Blue tells her to wait a bit, and after her phone call, Chili and the doctor come out and Chili says that my schnaus feels better, and the doctor, which is Bingo, says, yeah, you just gotta keep the bandage John for six months, not that long, and then the doctor tells Chili to pick out a lollipop. And then after Chili walks off, Honey tells Blue what's wrong with her, which she bumped her knee, and Blue tells her that she needs to hobble when she walks, then Honey hobbles her way over to the seat.
Speaker 1: Honey couldn't decide what was supposed to be wrong with her. She really didn't know, and she asked Bluie for advice, and when they landed on it being her knee, Blooey seemed a little concerned that that maybe wasn't exciting enough. It's going to be Honey's turn next, and Bingo wants to know what's wrong with her. Stella what happens?
Speaker 2: Honey tells Bingo that all that's wrong with her is that she hurt her knee, and doctor Bingo was like, that's all that's wrong with you, but she just says it's whatever. And she decides to go and take care of her. But then Lucky comes over and he has a crocodile on.
Speaker 1: His head, Yeah, right on his head, and Stella, what do they say it is?
Speaker 2: They say that it's a pickle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's quite the pickle. Amanda Blue is being a good receptionist and trying to make Honey feel better about half into weight. What is she telling her?
Speaker 3: Blue or Edna apologizes to Honey about her weight and said that it shouldn't take very long.
Speaker 5: I'm sure the doctor won't belong This is gonna take aggus.
Speaker 3: Since doctor Bingo says it's going to take a while, Blue offers Honey some tea while she waits.
Speaker 1: And there's a whole bunch of action going on behind the curtain. We see some little flying out and lots of yelling and carrying on, and Blue seems concerned that maybe Honey's problem isn't dire enough.
Speaker 5: He surely haven't been take by to raff or something. No, because that will be real.
Speaker 1: Pickle, Amanda, what do you think being attacked by a giraffe would look like?
Speaker 3: I really don't know. Would you get trampled on by the giraffe or would they try to knock you out with their head like head butt you? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really not sure. Lucky is okay, and he gets to pick a lollipop, and it's gonna be Honey's turn, But Henry what happens?
Speaker 2: Snickers comes running in and he has a cactus stuck to him, and then he says that a crocodile fell out the sky. I wonder where it came from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it got its tail, didn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Honey realizes she's not gonna be able to get in ahead of Snickers, and Blue apologizes for the way and says, Honey is definitely definitely gonna be next. Bengo rushes Snickers in for emergency treatment. Honey barely gets sat down before somebody else comes in. Henry, who is it?
Speaker 2: Indy and Coco come running in, and Indy says that her arms fell off when she was hanging up the wash, and then Coco said that she got bit by seven scorpions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she had a foam hand on right like you might see at a sporting event, and I guess that was her hand all swollen from being stung by the scorpions. Stella, have you ever seen somebody's arms fall off when they were hanging up the wash?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I haven't actually see.
Speaker 1: That's exactly why I try to not do the wash myself, because I'm scared that, you know, I play guitar. I can't just have my arms fallen off.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been scared that that might happen to you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Honey is pretty upset, but listen, she's definitely gonna be next. But then Stella, who comes in?
Speaker 2: And what's going on Rusty comes over and he says that he he ate a hippopotamus and whenever he burps, he spits out baby hippopotamuses.
Speaker 1: I thought it was interesting that he said he accidentally.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he accidentally somehow ate one ate a hippopotamus.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how that happens, Amanda. Do you think that could be an accident?
Speaker 3: Most definitely not.
Speaker 1: Everybody is trying to catch the baby hippos and they're like little motorized toys that are driving around, and somebody tells Indy to grab them. But what does she tell him, Amanda?
Speaker 3: She doesn't have any arms to grab them with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how is she supposed to do that? Well, this whole situation has turned into something.
Speaker 3: It has turned into a major pickle, a real pickle.
Speaker 1: And Honey is getting super annoyed by this because she just wants to play too, and she seems like she thinks it's funny everything that's going on, but she's still just they're doing nothing, and she's starting to feel pretty sad. Blue can tell and she goes and sits down by her. Amanda, what happens?
Speaker 3: Blue sits down next to Honey, and Honey she kind of starts swinging her legs because obviously at this point she's getting a little bit bored. And then Blue sees her swinging her legs, and she starts swinging hers, and pretty soon we see their legs sink up like they're both swinging in the same direction, and it just kind of brings a smile and a giggle to both of the girls. And Blue tells, Honey, Honey, you always make me laugh, and Honey laughs, and she says, yeah, I do always make you laugh. And you can tell Blue's really doing her best to try to make her friend feel better.
Speaker 1: Henry wants Honey thinks about the fact that she does make Blue laugh. It gives her an idea. What does she come up with?
Speaker 2: Her idea is that, you know how dogs, whenever they wag their tail, it's only their tail that wags, not their body. Well, for her, it's reversed. It's her body that wags, and it's her tail that stays still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she starts putting on a show, and oh my gosh, all of the kids loved it, didn't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they found it really funny.
Speaker 1: Rusty is finally finishing up and he makes a promise. What does he say.
Speaker 2: He says that he will not swallow hippos anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a deal. Good on him, though, I guess Bingo sees what's going on with Honey.
Speaker 4: Oh my stoff, Yah, make stuff a bunny.
Speaker 1: The wagai.
Speaker 4: Pickle?
Speaker 5: Really pickle, This is the biggest pickle I've ever seen?
Speaker 4: Who is me?
Speaker 5: Right away?
Speaker 1: That made Honey super happy? He didn't it? Stella?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did, and it's.
Speaker 1: Finally gonna be her turn. But then Bluie hollers out an instruction for her when she's on her way in. What does she tell her?
Speaker 2: She says that she needs to hobble because she heard Ernie right.
Speaker 1: Her knee is still a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm.
Speaker 1: Wondering do you think that the tail standing still and her body wagging was a result of the knee injury?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe it was.
Speaker 1: Man, I better look out if I ever hurt my knee. I don't want that happening to me. It's finally Honey's turn. We see that Andy and Coco are still sitting there waiting. So Honey's problem was such a big pickle that it got in front of the no arms and the scorpions. But Stella we cut to somebody else, who else is playing the game?
Speaker 2: Bandit is playing the game? And what does he have on him? Like snakes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looked like he had snakes wrapped around him and bandages all on.
Speaker 1: Him and a thermometer in his mouth. I think, right? Is that right, Henry?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: But what do they tell him?
Speaker 2: They tell him to be patient?
Speaker 1: Boy, I feel like I've been there and that was the episode, Henry. Did we forget anything?
Speaker 2: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 3: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 1: Could anyone tell us? What did you learn today?
Speaker 2: I learned that if you have a big pickle at the hospital, you'll always be able to go in first. I learned that I should never hang up laundry ever again, because my arms might fall off.
Speaker 1: I pretty much saw that coming.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there was really a lesson to learn with this episode, except for maybe sometimes you just have to have patience when you're playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a component of it. I mean, Henry was right, The bigger your issue is at the emergency room. You're gonna get seen first. That's how it's supposed to work, because it's for emergencies, right, Yes, But I think there's a couple things at play here that maybe you could say were lessons. One, Bluie is aware that Honey is getting upset, and so she makes a point to make her feel better. When she sees Honey being sad, she wants her friend to feel happy, and so she goes and does something with her that she knows will make her feel included and feel good. Yes, which I thought was really sweet. It was that moment was very sweet, and she was also kind of trying to guide her with are you sure you don't have a bigger problem than this, to kind of tell her what the rules were of the game, like the idea behind it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think maybe another lesson could be that, from Honey's standpoint, when you're in a situation and your honey, you need to look and be aware of kind of the parameters of the things going on around you, be like, oh wait, the whole idea of this game is the wackiness of some major problem. And what I'm driving at with that is that it's your responsibility to be as aware as possible of what's going on around you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: Not that Honey, was doing anything wrong.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, and and the fact that their kids sometimes, you know, they just don't get that right.
Speaker 1: And once she was finally realizing, oh wait, I guess my problem isn't big enough, she combined several things. She made up a bigger issue that she needed to be seen for. And she also realized that, hey, wait, my gift is making people laugh, So I'll use my giftedness in this game. And cause you do, you need to lean on your strengths, play to your strengths.
Speaker 3: Right right, And her strength was making people laugh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I think that is a bit of a lesson, right from both sides. Just be aware of the other people that you're interacting with and playing with. Bluie realizing honey, sad Honey realizing, hey, way, everybody else is doing it like this. Yeah, I think it kind of goes both ways.
Speaker 3: I agree with you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was just a fun episode too. There was a lot of wackiness and hijinks in it. It was Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 3: I thought it was funny when doctor Bingo would be done with a patient like her first patient, Chili, she told her to lead the bandage on her schnaz for what was it like, six months, But when she got done with Lucky, I'm pretty sure she told you him to leave his bandages on.
Speaker 2: For eleven years.
Speaker 3: Yes, eleven years. I thought that was rather funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like the way everything was super drawn out, much like how it seems dealing with doctors and stuff can be where everything seems to take a long long time. Not going to be able to get in for an appointment for fifteen months, leave this on for eleven years. That is a lot.
Speaker 2: I personally feel bad for a bandit because it looked like he got beat up a lot and he's just having to sit there and wait for a really long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't look like he was in very good shape.
Speaker 1: I was glad he at least made an appearance in the episode. He does sort of get the short end of the stick a lot. He gets blamed for things when they go wrong. He is the one who gets beat up on and kind of poked fun at the most.
Speaker 2: Poor guy got blamed for farting in Bluey's face in that one episode, but turned out he did so. I liked how creative they all were with what was wrong with them because I don't think I'd ever be able to just think of like meat, like eating a hippopotamus and burping out baby hippos like. I don't think i'd ever just be able to think of that off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: You're pretty creative, though, Yeah. Sometimes the hippopotamus thing was pretty good though, And I liked that Snickers did the thing where he saw the croc come flying through the air and decided to incorporate it into his stick as well, which good on him. I thought it was cute too when we see him and he's got like a hundred band aids all over him. I remember when you kids were like that. Every time we needed a real band aid there wasn't one to be found because you were putting them on imaginary booboos and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Oh. Yes, you definitely go through a phase of parenthood where you have no band aids ever.
Speaker 1: Right, I was questioning Bingo's license to practice medicine, but she seems pretty young for a doctor.
Speaker 3: She does, but so was Doogie Howser.
Speaker 1: That's true, but Bingo's still preschool age. But seriously, I really liked seeing how she was in it, like out of breath, and stuff, but still trying to have like a professional decorum and telling people to make sure they picked their lollipops because boy, I remember when I was young, if I went to the doctor, I was going to get a sucker and made everything all better.
Speaker 3: That made the shots worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 2: The howl out?
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, everyone has to clap and go whoa yet?
Speaker 1: All right, that's awesome?
Speaker 7: Got Itay, we have the best fans in the world and we are so so thankful for you guys.
Speaker 3: That's right, we do have the best fans. You guys sure are awesome.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at the comments from Spotify. We heard from Gabriella. We heard from Scarlett, who we're gonna hear from again in just a little bit. Our buddy Alex, who gave us some cool facts about the previous episode. You guys have got to go to the comment section of Spotify and check out what Alex says every week. It's really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely check it out.
Speaker 1: We heard from Genesis, whose favorites are Stella and Amanda.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Genesis, thank you.
Speaker 1: We heard from our friend Hope Shy, someone whose username is one x zero h something something, And we also heard from someone whose username is music lover. You know what. I love music too, so I totally get that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think all of us in this household are music lovers.
Speaker 2: I think so, right, guys, Yeah, yeah, I like music.
Speaker 1: On Facebook, we got a video from Haley.
Speaker 4: Hidden with the Olers. My name is Haley, and I just wanted to say that I really like your podcast.
Speaker 2: I listen to.
Speaker 6: It every night when I go to bed. My favorite two characters are Henry and Eric, which I have calling pages of them right here, and my favorite episodes are probably Unicorse and Hotel. I do like all of them, but those are like my personal favorites. I like Henry because he's very funny. It's like the class clown if you consider your family as a class. And Eric, I think he's just the main narrator and writer of this podcast, and I thought it's something funny. So when you look at these calling pages and look at the profile Henry and Eric, you guys look like Lucky's dad and Lucky and I thought that was really cute. So yeah, bye, thank you Haley for sending us a video. And I'm glad you think I'm funny.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I do agree that me and my dad's characters kind of look like Lucky and Lucky's dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are similar. And you know what, I'll take that. I love Pat. I think he's great. I don't know if he plays a flying V guitar, you know, he does play the piano quite well. We did find out. And Henry, you are hilarious. You are the entertainer of the family when it comes to that sort of thing. We've got funny bits and funny stuff that you do. You are a riot.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Hayley. That was awesome. We got some emails. We heard from Everett, who is five. He lives in Austin, Texas and loves Henry.
Speaker 2: Thank you Everett.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Everett, thank you so much. I love Austin, Texas. I went to one of the best Whataburgers I've ever been to in Austin. Now, it may have been the best because I had just got done playing a gig and it was super late at night. But man, there's something about what Burger in Austin plus the music scenes pretty great. And also Everett lives there, so that's cool too.
Speaker 3: Lots of great things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a voice message from Scarlet that had commented on Spotify.
Speaker 4: II Dinner with the Healers. My name is Scarlett, So I am here to tell you about my theory about Calypso. My theory about Calypso is that she's actually the fairy that you see in the episode of Louis Fairies, because she just seems like she would be magical, and she has a beautiful voice like a fairy. And in the episode of Wild Girls, when Indy and Chloe were playing farmers and Coco sad and she's crying, you hear like fairy music and Calypso pops up. So my theory is that Calypso is the fairy and she just seems very fairy ish. Thank you bye.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your message, Scarlet. It was great to hear from you, and I like your ideas about how Calypso could be the fairy, and I agree with you. She has a beautiful singing voice and she is kind of magical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she is pretty great. My only counterpoint to that would be is that I don't know that that Calypso would be so mischievous the way the unseen fairy in the episode Fairies was. She seems like she'd be more of a straight shooter than that and be like you listen here, this is what's getting ready to happen. But it is a cool theory. And I like the way you put all those pieces together. That was really neat.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it was very neat that she thought of that. Good job.
Speaker 1: We also got a voice message from Vivian. Hi, my name is Vivian.
Speaker 2: I'm selver years old and I'd like to be playing the blue Thing song on a violin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, helloe, thank you guys.
Speaker 4: I love your podcast a lot, and my favorite Holokiitty character is Sinmon Roll, So thank.
Speaker 3: You bye, Vivian. That was an awesome job playing the theme song on the violin. Great job, and thank you for sharing that with us.
Speaker 1: I love young people playing music and it makes me happy that people are giving the Bluey theme song ago. It's tricky, that's super fast run at the end, that's trip. Let's better. That was hard for me to play on guitar. But Vivian, keep up the good work, keep practicing, and keep being awesome guys. Thank you so much for all of the emails, the five star reviews, the voice messages and comments. We read all of them and they mean so much to us.
Speaker 3: They sure do. We just love hearing from you, guys, and we love that you love the show. Thank you so much for reaching out to us.
Speaker 1: If you would like to send us a voice message, ask a parent to help you. You can record yourself on a phone, tablet, or computer and email that file to Estella where should they send that.
Speaker 2: Lily Podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: You can also send a voice message directly in the message section of Instagram, which is pretty cool. Well, guys, until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 3: Bye guys, Bye bye once again,