Speaker 1: We're taking a little bit of time off, so it's a best of JB and Sandy today. We hope you enjoyed this from earlier this year. All right, everyone, thanks for being with us. My name is Sandy. This is JB. Hello, Trush Us here too. Hi everybody, and we're off and running. Boyd I do something stupid. I do a lot of stupid things, but this one. You ever do something stupid and it just irritates the hell out of you that you did it to begin with.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you start chanting to yourself. I did not just do I did not just do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And in this one, it can't be fixed because it's I lost something, right, And when you lose something and you can't find it, it's not like there's any resolution until you find it.
Speaker 3: And I yet to find it, and I'm not gonna find it. Here's what happened.
Speaker 1: I went to I got it, was going to get a prescription filled at Achib, which I did, And when I was at AGB, I was like, you know what, I'm gonna cruise around and pick up a few other things while i'm here, some this and that, you know, And I was soon as I got my prescription. I was like, I should have done this lot. I'm gonna do a lot of walking around this AGV. I'm gonna lose this prescription. Nope, nope, no, I'm not gonna lose it. I am gonna roll up the little brown bag, the Ahib pharmacy bag. I'm gonna put it in my front pocket, and everything's gonna be fine. So I did my grocery shopping. I'm super paranoid about it. I even remember feeling it for it in my right front pocket as I was going through the checkout, making sure it was still making sure it was still there, right. And then I get home and it's not a medication that I take. I take the medication in the morning, and so I get home, I put the groceries away. The next morning, I wake up, I don't have my prescription with me, and I have absolutely no idea where it is. Where it is no clue. I've torn the house apart looking for it. I've torn my car apart looking for it. And it's a medication that I take every single day, but it's it's a very highly regulated thing, medication that is really difficult to get a new prescription for, and there's nothing more, really, much more humiliating than calling not only your pharmacy but also your doctor and telling you telling them that, yes, you, a fifty six year old man, grown adult, grown adult, lost a prescription between between the ATB pharmacy and home. I mean, it's just and.
Speaker 3: The medication that I lost is supposed to help me remember things. That's so that's just the worst part.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable, But that you were so careful about it and felted in your pocket and we're so aware of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's so frustrating, isn't it. Yeah, Yeah, it's funny. You mentioned my wife. We were chatting out on the back patio this the other morning over the weekend, and she pointed out how like when I lose things, I go from I go from like zero to a thousand with frustration.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And she's like, I don't know what the deal is with that.
Speaker 2: I go, I go because I have to work so hard at it, right, like you ever said it, go.
Speaker 3: I'm putting this here to remember.
Speaker 2: It, like You're making this extra effort, and then it's still gone.
Speaker 3: You still lose it.
Speaker 1: It happens to me all the time with my wallet, like I've got a certain spot in my room where I put my wallet. In my mind, that's where I put my I don't.
Speaker 2: Put my You ever lose stuff when you're sitting in a chair and go I haven't moved.
Speaker 4: It's like little invisible demons are stealing y'all stuff, right.
Speaker 3: You know what happens.
Speaker 1: I think it happens to everybody is I don't know how the TV remote control gets lost in bed?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: It makes me irrationally angry when I am laying there and haven't moved, I can't find it. You have to get out of.
Speaker 1: Bed, and you're patting all over the place, all the covers around, right, and once you if you find it, when you flip of the covers, it hits the ceiling. Because you're losing things is so much a regular part of my life, I would think I would have learned to deal with it by now.
Speaker 4: I also would think that you would learn that when you lose something, that you stop first accusing either me or Landry of having take it. He is always convinced that we have moved it, and I think he has misplaced it. I don't know how that's still an option for you.
Speaker 2: I do that too. I accuse Aaron, but she often does get rid of things.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh yeah, I've heard how you talk about. But I don't move Sandy stuff, like maybe a glass. You were drinking a glass of water and I put the glass of water away. But I'm not going to just randomly move your wallet, your keys and.
Speaker 1: That where I think it should be. Well, I mean there's Aaron doesn't do that to you, right, she just gets rid of stuff.
Speaker 3: She oh, she just decides what's going to Goodwill, all right. I don't do that.
Speaker 4: Although Sandy recently did accuse me of giving getting rid of his cowboy Hattie's head forever yea, of giving it away. I was like, I didn't do it. I didn't do it. And then it was in a box that he packed in the storage unit labeled Sandy, labeled Sandy stuff. I brought it home to him and was like, apologize whenever you feel like.
Speaker 3: I remember, JB. I remember.
Speaker 1: The one that Aaron got rid of was the poop tea, Right, you bought some tea to help you poop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole pace of it. Yeah, I thought it was bad.
Speaker 2: It's been in the show because I I you know sometimes on Amazon you misorder and didn't realize you ordered like a lifetime supply description. Yeah, poop tea. Yeah, and I like, well, let me back up. That story has since changed. I was convinced she threw it out. I put it above the stove and you forgot. Yeah, she put it.
Speaker 4: Like you said, she like categorized it with the other teas or something.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I think I accused her of getting rid of it all I go because I was like, I just bought this case of tea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just bought it. Where is it now? You touch it? Yeah? You did. I wouldn't have moved it. Like we were going back and forth. Did you drink did you continue to drink it? Well, it's fine now I have two cases.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you are you drinking it on the regulars?
Speaker 3: My question?
Speaker 2: Not as regular as I like, but I do like it. It's a it's a if you want to know that. This gut doctor I went to recommended it and he's very much a natural homeopath and he said, well, for quit having coffee and I'm down to like I just have like half a cup of day now. But anyhow, it's called Egyptian licorice.
Speaker 3: Tea. It is so good. You don't even have to add a sweetener or anything.
Speaker 4: It's really but licorice. Oh, that's a that's a hard taste to like.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's really good. I love it.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it a black? Is it like taste like black licorice? Kind of? Yeah? Huh interesting.
Speaker 2: I know it's really good and it's helped my stomach. If you're wondering, that's good. I'm glad you've got a healthy gut.
Speaker 3: JB.
Speaker 1: Trisha's in charge of my vitamins. I am She could slip me cyanide. I'd just take it.
Speaker 4: You just swallow the pill. I could put anything out there.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what I'm taking. What am ill? You?
Speaker 1: Probably Altricia wouldn't slowly kill me, No, it would be quick.
Speaker 4: Let's get this right.
Speaker 3: What am I taking?
Speaker 4: You're taking a multi vitamin.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 4: You're taking a probiotic. You're taking an omega three, and you're taking a vitamin D.
Speaker 3: The omega three is the fish oil. Yep. Every once in a while I burp and I taste fish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this is a good one. It doesn't happen very often, right, Some of them are nasty. Some I took one for a while that they put lemon flavor in it. Then it was just lemon flavored fish burps. It was disgusting. It was so gross.
Speaker 3: Seriously, what is the fish oil supposed to do?
Speaker 4: The fish is good for your brain, it's good for your eyes. It's it's that's where they're like, eat fish three or four nights a week because of all the good that omegas do for you.
Speaker 3: I'm the only one in this that eats fish though. It's the problem.
Speaker 4: I eat it if we go eat some soushi right.
Speaker 1: Like I went to the coast a couple of weeks ago and with a buddy of mine, and I was like, dude, just take the fish home, Like, no one will eat it at my Yeah.
Speaker 4: Why because I see the brown water that the fish comes out of at the coast.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: Not like if it were coming out of like crystal blue water like in the Caribbean or something like that, I'd eat it.
Speaker 3: Just didn't cleaner than all the people smoking on the beach.
Speaker 1: We're taking some time off. We hope you enjoyed this from earlier this year. Everybody should try staycation every once in a while. They're great. You don't have to go anywhere. You just go somewhere else Southern. You sleep somewhere else in your own hometown. So let's just start with Trisha. You've got a staycation. Let's say it's two days, three days? How many days you want to say?
Speaker 3: You care?
Speaker 1: A weekend? Long weekend? How about that? What is your staycation in Austin look like?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: I am going to an all inclusive resort, but I don't want to go like downtown where it's noisy.
Speaker 3: And all inclusive, like all you can eat buffets and stuff. There's not.
Speaker 4: Oh, I guess it's not all inclusive. Let me say it includes everything else called I mean, you'll understand when I say it. Everything that I would want to do is inside the place resort. All of the things that I want are there. Gotcha, You're the spa resort that I can relate exactly.
Speaker 3: Room service.
Speaker 4: Our daughter Landry was little. When when it's hard being a mama with the little baby, every light, I don't know, twice a year I would go and check it on a Friday and check out on a Sunday at Barton Creek Country Club and which is now Omni and it's been updated in the last few years. It's amazing. And I would eat room service for every meal. I would turn the air conditioning down as cold as they could, go watch TV for days, sleep as long as I wanted to sleep, and I would get spa services on Friday and Saturday, then get up Sunday morning, go down to the bethet and eat all I could eat for breakfast and then leave and be completely refreshed and not have to talk to anybody and play on my phone or you can go to them all the things. No, I didn't even go down to the pool. I'd sit in the hot tub lake in the spa area, but I would I didn't want to go out and talk to anybody. I just wanted to be silent. It was like my version of a silent retreat.
Speaker 1: By the way, shout out to the Omni Barton Creek and the way they did a few years ago, and the service and the facility and everything they've got going on out there.
Speaker 4: They're amazing.
Speaker 1: If you want a cool staycation, it's pretty awesome, really really awesome.
Speaker 3: Highly recommend it.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Does does that wrap up your staycation?
Speaker 4: That's my Austin staycation. Yeah, that's where I'm going, all right, JB, what's yours?
Speaker 3: You know, My.
Speaker 2: Like a weekend wouldn't be all that different, except I'd be staying somewhere else, like I don't I'm not up to speed on like the real hipster newer hotels. Plus I wouldn't I would want to hang by the pool with my wife, and I wouldn't want one that's like the club the wh Yeah, because you know some of those resorts will sell like day passes now and they kind of turn it into a club. So I wouldn't stray far from my neighborhood. We probably, and I think my wife would agree, we'd probably stay at Saint Cecilia or San Jose or maybe South Congress hotels. We could walk to all of those, and then we would just I we'd probably have a sushi dinner, you know, neighborhood sushi on South Congress is a good one, or Uchi. But and then we would just have cocktails on South Congress, go to Guero's and have a margarita, sit by the pool, have a glass of wine either one of those hotels and just chill and we just we'd probably have to call it. They don't have the SPA thing, and that would you know, I don't need that.
Speaker 3: My wife would probably have to.
Speaker 2: Call one in, you know, or something like that make sure she got the spa treatment, and that would just make her super chill. But there's something about just being away from your home when when she's at a home and I'm maybe the same way. You just don't totally relax when you're at your own home. You always think of something you should be doing, Yeah right, looking.
Speaker 3: At something, Yeah right.
Speaker 2: This is My wife's really bad about that, Like she sees something that needs to be done in the house.
Speaker 3: She can't relax.
Speaker 4: So you said you could would probably stay at a hotel that you could walk to from your house and just picture you and Aaron walking down Congress suit or suitcases suitcase behind you.
Speaker 1: Well, I need to change mine up because it sounds like I'm gonna bump into JB and Aaron on my.
Speaker 4: Steak Cause, Sue, is it bad that you weren't included in my stake?
Speaker 1: Part of the part of the cation part is yeah, I mean mine was gonna I'll change up. I just want to go somewhere where I don't have to drive anywhere else. You know what, I mean, like to eat where you want to eat. Yeah, I just want to walk like yeah, Like last in December, we went to Annapolis, Maryland, and my cousins as a house there and we stayed there and we walked everywhere, like it was just down the street to go to have dinner or go shopping.
Speaker 3: They had coffee, all kinds of breakfast stuff. It was just shop. It was so cool and it was just great.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I want mine to be my staycation to be in October or in like March.
Speaker 3: I don't want staycation in August.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't want to walk it everywhere.
Speaker 3: I don't want that. It has to be then.
Speaker 1: And but I'll change it up a little bit because I might go out to Horshoe Bay and go to the resort a Horseshoe Bay because they all those fantastic golf courses.
Speaker 3: That's what I was wondering. If you would pick a golf vacation, Yeah, I might.
Speaker 2: That's like, so if it's a staycation, I have two questions. If it's a staycation, golf staycation, what's your first choice? If it's anywhere in Texas golf vacation, Oh, that's a whole different ball game, because where's your golf staycation and what will include anything as far as Horshy Bay. There's a new golf course in Columbus, Texas called Darwood that I've just heard great, great things about and it was opened by U a Texan and PGA professional House Sutton, that people have just in the golf world have just raving about such in Columbus. We used to bike race there and there he got probably got cheap land to build the golf course.
Speaker 1: There's also and it would almost have to be like a staycation mini golf tour, you know, just hop from one place to the other. But there's also another one that it's very very private. So you t Butler pitching MUNI right then I'd stay up on Runberg and I thirty really nice, so I don't stay and people there are people you talk to they've never done a staycation, and it's it's pretty fun.
Speaker 3: It's uh, it's yeah, it's easier.
Speaker 2: I was just talking to my wife about it because we're having a hard time cramming in a quick trip somewhere.
Speaker 3: I'm like, let's just do a quick staycation with the pool. So I uh, I went for the first time.
Speaker 1: A couple of months ago, had a meeting at Hotel Saint Cecilia. Wow, is that place cool? I love boutique hotels, to love them, and I didn't. I felt like I fitted like Hotel San Jose. I'm not cool enough. I felt like hotels or Saints say I was okay.
Speaker 4: You could pass. Yeah, they'd be like, we're gonna let him stay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could get by.
Speaker 4: You're why's on the cusp of it?
Speaker 3: Well, the extra perk there is that it's it's a it's a private bar. Only you know, you can't just go in there and have food and drinks.
Speaker 1: Oh, they keep the unwashed away.
Speaker 3: You have to be a member or staying there to go in there and use it. That's at Saint Cecilia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So JB. Where would you go for a vacation outside of Bostin?
Speaker 3: Outside of Boston, I'd go. I'd go to Marfa.
Speaker 2: I mentioned on the show before, I got this thing for Marfa, and you forget it. It's at I don't know, a few thousand feet. I forget that. I mean it cools off in the evening even when it's a little bit hotter. Here is the observatory there where you can look up this story. McDon the McDonald's observatories in Davis, which is just a quick next town over.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, i'd like to see that. That's pretty cool. Where would you go, Tricia?
Speaker 4: Well, I would go to Dallas because that's where all my girlfriends are. But I would check to see if there's an omni Barton Creek there. That's just what I want to do. I wouldn't be mad at Lost Pines either. In Bass Dropped Yeah, Oh my gosh. They're lazy river.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh and their foods. It's beautiful out there. You can go do smores at night. We've had so many girls weekends that Lost Pines resort.
Speaker 2: It's you and your girlfriends and then a bunch of people's children havingores.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but we don't care.
Speaker 1: I'd keep it classy if I if we're out of outside of Austin vacation, I keep it classy. I'm going to port Rances. You're going fishing. I'm going fishing every day for a week, classy, huh yeah, and then sleep in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's some actually, some really nice places have been built in port Rances. I don't know if you've been there in a while, but they've got the what's it what was it called? I can't remember, Pamela, Pamela, Pamela Beach. That area it's really cool, little not little, but cool houses. And then there's Island Moorings with some cool house is But if you want to stay in your good old thirty nine ninety nine at nine run down condo, they got that for with all the shells and nuts and skippers on the wall.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, looks like your aunt Sherry's house.
Speaker 4: It looks like my aunt's house.
Speaker 3: Yes. Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Make sure you check out the radio show every morning from six until ten on Austin's eighty station
Speaker 3: What O three point one and streaming on Myheart radio app