Speaker 1: Show time is here.
Speaker 2: No time to fear. Corilla is so near because showtime is here. So on with the show.
Speaker 3: Let's give it a go. Carrilla is the one that you need to know. Now it's show side.
Speaker 1: All right in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous I mean he's really something. The best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, bigly. And he's funny, this guy.
Speaker 3: Have you heard him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere. He's almost here. I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 3: Oh show SI, alrighty. Today is entertainment Thursday. They're dead, I'm gone. We're gonna talk about that. Also, is it time for horror movies to be taken seriously at a words time? There's one movie that may change that. And more entertainment news, including.
Speaker 2: Ben Afflin, Uncensored, Unfiltered, onun Hinged. It's a Curell cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 3: All right, it is a Crell cast. I am Carell Happy Thursday, The what a twenty fourth somewhere around there lost all track. I am on the road. I'll be back home next week hopefully, but then again next week. Next Tuesday and Wednesday I go back to Long Beach. So in a week I fly back to Long Beach to have my heart scanned for Mayorta. Just happened to be that timing, So they'll be on the road shows again next week. So whoo, all right, so we're talking entertainment on Thursday. Look, yesterday, I can't even process Yesterday. I can't. Between the location and the people that I met, and all the doctors stay threw at me that I almost feel like I didn't need, you know, like physical therapists and all just all this other stuff, and then the actual doctor that I really wanted to talk to I didn't get a long time with. Except again, they've ordered tests. So I will keep you informed and we'll talk more about this next week if I'm able to. If I'm talking to the doctor again this afternoon, and if I get bad news, then who knows, you know, Like, well, I'm even be able to talk next week, so we'll see, we'll see. Well, let's hope. So far, I have no no indication yes or no as to whether I'm any any are on the dial to als or not. The doctor just didn't have those answers until they do more tests. So all right, they were encouraged that I'm not weak and stuff like that. But that but again, they this is a weird disease they're testing me for and it can have weird timelines, so maybe I'm not weak yet. So when they said that, they go, well, you're not weak yet, and I'm just like, oo, doesn't mean you're going to be, you know, we just anyway. So I'm not going to go into that today. I'm not We'll talk about it next week. I'm still overwhelmed and I still don't have all the information, so unlike other hosts, I don't like to talk to you without the information. However, I do love entertainment, as you know, movies and television are my thing. I wish I made more of them in my lifetime. I said something sad in prepping this entertainment show. I said, gee, you'll never know what it's like to be on a legacy series for like ten fifteen years. You know, like Law and Order SVU or you know, Fire Country or FBI. You know, they get on these shows, and the shows last eight, ten, twelve years. They go to work every day with the same people. I thought, you'll never know that experience. Now maybe I will. Maybe I'll get cast on some show as the old, bitchy gay guy in the last ten years. Who knows. But it felt kind of like I never would. And I thought of that because one of my shows that I watch killed well the main character, like the main character, And so I'm gonna do a spoiler on the show nine to one one. If you haven't watched it, if you don't know what's happened, then well I'm telling you now, I'm doing a spoiler. So I love like Emergency was one of my favorite shows in the seventies. Oh, with Julie London. She was a nurse. There was a handsome doctor, Hansome for the seventies. Handsome in the seventies for me was long hair and mustache. I still love met Sam Ryder, Oh my god, the singer from Europe, Sam Ryder, long red hair, beard musta. Oh my god, he's like my husband. I mean, oh, but or would be if he were gay and available and liked me. A lot of variables there. So nine one one has been on now seven years, I think six seven years, and from the very beginning Peter Kraus from Six Feet Under has been the lead. Him and Angela Basset. They are the cornerstones of the show. I think Buck is and I'm so glad that Buck is by Oliver Stark in real life is his name with a huge British accent, but not on the show. That always freaks me out. So they killed Bobby, Bobby, the captain of the very firehouse that we watch every week, the husband to the other main character, ant to the basset, the glue that helps hold the show together. Bobby dies and it's really dramatic. Oh my god, he dies of a virus, a toxin and it's just dramatic. And it really was. And we're gonna be talking about should shows like this get awards? Just like should horror shows be up for Oscars? You know, should procedurals like this be up for Emmys? Because Peter Kraus and Angela Bassett, Oh my god, that you know, they really captured what if you were saying goodbye to your husband for the last time through some glass. However, a lot of people have been like, you know what, they shouldn't have killed Bobby. I don't want to watch that show anymore. A lot of people are like, you know what, uh huh, you know why the creator do that? I'm mad at the creator. So I wanted to inspire some comments down below, because that's how we get the show trending. What character? What death of a character ruined a show for you to where you were like me, bother anymore? They're dead? No, I'm out of here now. I will still watch nine one one. I have to tell you, Bobby wasn't one of my favorite characters. Buck Is Andela Bassatt is Hen and the lesbian couple Tracy Toms. They are. But I always thought Bobby was just too whiny. I did you know he came to LA for redemption? Well he got it, now what right? So it made for good drama, but it made a lot of fans upset. Maybe it made you upset. So my question to you down below, I want you to put in the comments. What TV character's death just shook you to the core. You cried or you just hated that they died, or you were shocked to death. You were like, oh, how could they kill them. I'll never forget this, the very first TV character that caused me to cry when she died. There used to be a show with Katherine Hellman and Billy Crystal and it wasn't called Family. Oh I forget what it was called. Oh my god, see my brain's been going. It's too full of other things. But so there was this show with Billy Crystal and all these other people. And when they killed the mom, although she goes to heaven and meets God who is played by b Arthur as Maud. But when they killed Katherine Hellman, what was the name of that show? Oh my god, Alexa. What TV show from the seventies had Katherine Hellman and Billy Crystal. Let's see, let's see if she knows? Yes, took off after she PI Soap. There we Go, Soap. I love that show. And Billy Cristal played a gay guy, so to a young gay teen, it was something. And Katherine Hellman was the mom. She was Jessica Tate the Tape Family, and I believe with Benson there Butler Giome, oh my, I think he was. He went and got his own show. So Soap was fabulous, wonderful show. I don't know if it's Dreams anywhere now, it should. It was wonderful, way ahead of its time. But when they killed Catherine Hellman, I cried like a baby. Hey, I couldn't believe they were doing it. I just couldn't believe it. And I thought, no, she's gonna wake up, She's not dead. Whatever she would she'd gone, although shed they did show her in heaven. So what character when they were killed on the show really affected you, like, you know, just got you? And what death? Did a death on a show make you not want to watch the show anymore? Like, okay, you know what done? I don't like it anymore. They killed my favorite character. I can do without. So I'd love for you to put your comments down below because nine one one just killed Bobby and it's weird. They canceled nine one one Loan Star, which is a great show with Rob Low and all these other people. But they're doing a new spin off nine one one somewhere Florida isumwhere. So it's like, well, if you have the money to do a new spinoff, why are you canceling nine one one loan stuff? But oh so I wonder who they'll kill on that, So what death. What's television death? Worth too much? Killed Bobby on nine one one? Nobody is say want me to come back? Is Hollywood? I want to support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Correll channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll that's kr e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 2: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 3: The entertainment industry and its economy affects everyone in the country. You may not know this, but it does. People are employed, people pay into the system. You know, the money goes to the state and taxes and all of this. So everyone in a state that has a good entertainment infrastructure benefits. Now other states know this, so they have offered these incredible tax advantages to productions like Georgia and other countries Hungaria, even though they're anti gay now and because of this they production has moved from LA because it's hard to finance a product.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 3: Let me explain to you a little bit how this works. Let's say you have a budget for your film of let's say a small film, so two million dollars, which may not seem small to you all, but is. So let's say you have a budget of two million dollars and you haven't raised it all yet, you know. And let's say Georgia will give you a three hundred or four hundred thousand dollars tax credit to do this production of over two million dollars in their state because they want you to spend that two million dollars in their state. So let's say they give you this tax credit of whatever, pick a number, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Now y'all think that these producers and such will get that credit after the film is made. No, here's what happens. They sell the tax credit. So your your production company is going to get a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars that's tax credit. You're allowed to sell that. So you sell it to a corporation or a company or whatever that really needs this tax credit, and they give you the two fifty cash and you have that in the bank to make your movie, or you can deficit finance to where if you need to raise two million, and you know, you're getting a half a million tax credit, your investors will give you more upfront because they know they're going to get it back, So it makes financing a production much easier. You can either get that money up front, there are ways to do that, or you can use that tax credit after and investors are more apt to give you money based on that you're getting that money back. They're going to get it back. They know for sure, guaranteed they're getting it back. So production has moved to where the really good tax credits are. So Ben Affleck was on the red carpet for the Accountant Too, and he said that LA and California basically have forgotten about the entertainment industry because their tax incentives are not as good as other states and other countries. Subsequently, there were fifteen stories yesterday in the Trades Hollywood Reporter Variety Deadline is Hollywood becoming the Detroit of entertainment. Detroit was a big bustling, you know, profitable city, had good housing, had good jobs when the auto industry was there. Then the industry moved and look at Detroit. It's fighting to not be a pit. And they say the same as going on in La. That production is down to like eighteen percent of what it used to be. Now that affects so many things in California. First, the tax revenues from these productions, so the entire state suffers. If you're in San Francisco, if you're in San Jose, wherever you might be, you benefit from the engine that is Hollywood. Okay. Second of all, jobs have moved out of the area, like all kinds now, Hollywood, LA is still a great place for post production, and they're trying to extend the tax credits to post production, audio mixing, video coloring, all that kind of stuff. Sound stage recording. There's a sound stage in LA to give you an example, that used to be booked three hundred days out of the year. Okay, it's where everybody scored their movies everything, three hundred days out of the year. This year it's only been booked eighteen days. Eighteen days. So there is a very real problem with no employment. The employer numbers are going down in the entertainment industry. And you've got to remember, entertainment isn't just the celebrities that you see. In fact, that's the smallest part of entertainment. The actors. That's like this. Much of the entertainment industry. Two thirds of the entertainment industry are the crafts people, the people behind the scenes, the people that build the sets, the people that supply the food, the people that paint, the people that run the computers to do the AI, the people that do the effects. The people that the entertainment industry is. Actors are a very small part. The equipment, equipment, rental, equipment sales, the trucks to transport the equipment, the locations that they rent. It's believe me, it's a massive industry with its fingers in almost every single discipline of work. You know, they employ They employ teachers, psychiatrists, they employ The entertainment industry employs a whole lot of people who are not actors, publicist, agents, managers. They're in the swamp. But you know what I mean. So it's not when you hear about this problem and you dismiss it and you think, ah, well, who cares, well, it actually affects you because it affects the tax dollars that are in the state's coffers. It affects the vibrance of the community. Are there people that are working, Are there people that are able to pay rent. It affects landlords, it affects home sales, it affects a lot, and they're right. I don't know why, Gavin Who is pushing for more tax incentives, But I don't know why. Over the years, LA has taken the film industry for granted. You know, the big Hollywood sign now doesn't really mean much because outside of tourism to see Hollywood, there's not a lot of production going on in Hollywood. Rob Lowe said it is cheaper to take the cast of his TV show and bring them all to Dublin and film in Ireland than it is to spend one day on the lot at twentieth century Fox. Think about that. Cheaper to bring an entire crew to Dublin than it is to use the lot at twentieth century Fox. And that's because of tax credits and other incentives that Ireland gives that California does not. I think it's going to be sad, very sad. I think Hollywood is a national treasure. I think film product talk about American maid. You know, the one thing Donald Trump could do is help entertainment stay in America. You know, look at Ghost. I love the show Ghost. I follow the heavy set black woman on Instant. Her thing is called Body Courage. Ghost is filmed in Vancouver or Toronto. I think Toronto. It's not filmed in America. It's an American it's an American remake of a British show filmed in Canada. Why tax incentives, it's cheaper. And so this is a problem. Just like manufacturing. We are losing our entertainment industry to other countries. And that industry generates billions of dollars into the US economy, into the federal government. The entertainment industry pays a lot of taxes into the federal government. And if the production's not going on in this country, they're not paying that money in You know, actors don't care. They'll fly anywhere. You know, what do they care? We should all care that the entertainment that we watch is no longer being made in America. That should bother me, and it's bad for our economy. Come back, it's the horror movie number one at the box bump. Will it finally break the glass ceilings for people at horror movies winning awards? Talk back, and when we come back on this is the entertained version of Thursday's Carrell Cat Don't go away. Hey Carrel here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell cap, then please go to Patreon dot com, forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash, really Correl. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on you tube, and support the show through Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slash, really Correl. Thanks for almost thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. You know, talking about overlooked things. There are so many actors and actresses that deserve Emmy's Oscars and they don't get them, and they don't get them simply because of the genre of film or television that they're doing the acting in. And I think it's really been a weird caveat of Emmy and Oscar in particular about not recognizing performances based on the genre. For instance, Sigourney Weaver has been so good in every every alien movie that she's ever been in, but she's also was great in Cabin in the Woods, she was great in She's She's been doing a lot of sci Fi. She's going to be in the new Star Wars movie. I think it's called Grogu and the Mandalorian and Grogu. Because they're so popular, they're getting their own movie. But because it's sci fi Avatar, because it's sci fi, they very seldomly get nominated, even if there's great performances. So Michael B. Jordan, who is fine as h huh m hm huh. Can I just can I get a name men from Michael B. Love that man, Oh god, he's gorgeous. Ah. But and Muscle bout So his new movie Sinners is a vampire movie set in Jim Crow era and it makes political statements and it makes you know, and it's a horror movie, good old fashioned, you know, vampires. It's always good for a horror movie. Although I watch wolf Man the other day on Cable like it. But anyway, so Michael B. Jordan's in this movie called Sinners, and there are great performances in this movie from him, from the guy who plays his brother, for many other people. And a lot of people are saying it's not fair that he probably won't be considered for Oscar because it's a movie about vampires, the horror movie. And it's always been weird to me that people who award people for make believe, for movies for playing people that they're not would look at one genre less than the other. And that's the same for TV. There's great science. Black Mirror does win some Emmys. It does, and that's because it's so good it can't be ignored. If you don't watch Black Mirror on Netflix, you're really missing out. It's worth the price of a subscription for one month just to get Netflix for a month and watch all six seasons of Black Mirror. It's that good, and it has been nominated in one se Emmys because it can't be ignored. But there are many other sci fi or horror shows that are really excellent and they never get acknowledged. And yet these actors and actresses they are giving. They're all you know, they really are, and so it's unfair. So I'd like you to comment below. What actor or actress from sci fi or horror do you think was tragically overlooked for an award on television or film? What actor or actress from a sci fi or horror film or what show? What show or movie should have won an OSCAR but didn't because it was sci fi or horror. Because they really now they're thinking Sinners is going to break through this year and be nominated because it's Michael B. Jordan, the director is the famous director that's excellent performances all around. So they're thinking that maybe this year is a shot that the horror movie might break through. But think about how many horror movies have had such great performances. The Conjuring all of them, there's like six of them. There's Vera Famiglia, whatever her name is, Vera Famidlia in The Conjuring She's always wonderful, never nominated, never nominated. On TV, there's so many Star Treks, but Star Trek, Strange, New World, Anson Mount, and the whole cast has so many great performances, never nominated, and the show itself basically overlooked. So what horror movie or sci fi do you think was just brilliant and was just overlooked? Or television? What sci fi television, whether it's Netflix or regular TV, is overlooked in your view because of the genre. If it was another genre, these actors or actresses or the show would be getting all kinds of acclaim. But because they're not, because it's horror or sci fi, they're completely ignored. Because I've seen so many horror movies and the actors or actresses are really great. I mean, talk about acting, Okay, usually you're you know, acting against something that's not even real or not there or whatever. I mean, you totally gotta be in the moment. Even Wicked got pretty much ignored. It got nominated, they didn't win, and again I maintained because it's basically the Wizard of Us. So what performance in a sci fi or horror or what series or movie do you think should have been or currently should be rewarded, but isn't because of the genre. Interview with the Vampire one of the best shows on TV. Oh The Bondsman, Oh my god, The Bondsman has so many great performances on Amazon Prime, including my friend Beth Grant. It's so good. It's such a good demon hunting show. Kevin Bacon, he's wonderful in it. Beth Grant is wonderful, The supporting cast is wonderful. Do you think Emmy will even notice? Well, no, it's about hunting demons, so they won't notice. It's amazing. In Hollywood how they dismiss things based on the genreh Well, that's sci fi, that's horror, you know, that's you know, who cares if they're good? Well I do I care. So if you haven't seen Sinners, I highly recommend this weekend going out and seeing it in a theater. There's a whole lot of issues from you know, being black and in a time of Jim Crow to redemption, all kinds of things, and of course there's vampires who didn't love that, So go see Sinners. If you haven't seen Black Mirror, get Netflix this weekend and see Black Mirror. So profound, so good, the writing, the performances, all of it. Every episode there's no misses. There's some that are, you know, less great than others, but there's no misses. Every single one is fabulous. So go see Black Mirror and leave your comment down below for what motion picture or TV show or actor or actress Jamie Lee Curtis. How many Halloween movies has she been in and how many? Is she want an award for zero? I mean, this woman has screamed her head off, has faced the bad guy, I mean, has entertained us in those movies for like forty years. She is the scream Queen, and yet nothing, no real awards for it, no nothing, and she should have. But then she plays some weird casino operator or casino waitress in the movie Showgirls, and everyone's fallen all over the fact is she was better in some of the Halloween movies, never got nominated for them. So what roles, what movies? What actors or actresses? I'd love to see your comments down below. Do you think and if you've seen Sinners, do you think that Michael B. Jordan will be nominated for an Oscar? I do, so I'd like to see your comments about tax breaks in California to try to keep Do you think it should be a political priority to keep the entertainment industry in the United States, and in particular in Los Angeles and Hollywood. Do you think that after one hundred and fifty years of Hollywood being the place for movies for television, that it's okay if the world moves on and Hollywood be damned, that the to be suffered, or do you think we should fight to say the entertainment industry in California. I am Corel, be who you want to be. Didn't hurt anybody? Thanks for this week. I promise next week I'll go into more detail about yes day. Today I took. I really need time to process. Do you want to be hurt anybody? I love my dog ever, I hope that you all have someone or something to love this weekend. Go see a movie, Go watch some of this.
Speaker 2: It's bloodcasting from a completely different point of view. Yours. Listen daily to the Corel cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view. Yours. Listen daily to the Corell cast on your favorite streaming service.