Speaker 1: Yo, what is up? Boys? How's it going? And welcome back to another episode of the One Piece Virgin Podcast with me? Today we have the Virgin of One Piece, Poseidon Mythos, how's it going?
Speaker 2: My favorite character now is bond Clay.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: She's an enlightened one go.
Speaker 1: I believe he is.
Speaker 3: He's MVP for sure.
Speaker 1: Between Bonclay, Mister three and Buggy, we had some like low key, like like lovable characters that you didn't expect to love in this arc. But I know, before we jump ahead, we have Jordan the anime dude joining us once again.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Everybody? Happy to be here? This is a this is a good arc, so I'm excited for it.
Speaker 1: And the arc that we're covering today is Impelled Down and Poseidon's been loving One Piece so much that she also watched all of Marine Ford. So maybe next week Lash the week after we could cover and have a conversation on that. But today we're gonna focus on Impel Down. Let's start with general thoughts beside and how you like the arc so far.
Speaker 2: I actually really enjoyed the arc, like just all the way through. I you know, I didn't feel like, oh the beginning was kind of end then it got good at the end or the good like the beginning was good or the end is I honestly thought like Impel Down like was just a solid arc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of that, I do think it's well paced because I think there's something in like thirty five chapters and thirty seven episodes. I may have just made up two numbers, but I know it's something close like that, And a lot of other arcs it'll be like twenty five chapters, forty five episodes, stuff like that where they really drag it out to keep kids an anime that doesn't want to catch up to the source material. But with Impel Down, it's it's close to one to one, which is uncommon for one piece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I agree because like my thoughts just throughout like the when I was like at the end of the arc, I sat there and I'm like, I feel like there was almost like no filler Like in this arc. I felt like every episode kind of had its like place and like progressed at a pretty pretty pretty good pace compared to you know, some of the past arcs. But I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. It was cool to like meet new characters that will as well and see old characters kind of come back.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I thought that was interesting. I think that's why a lot of people love this arc is because one Piece fans love old characters were turning and because the straw Hats aren't with Loofy, they had to make up like their own little crew along the way between Bond Clay, Bond Clay, Mister three, Buggy Yvonkov, and then a bunch of cameos from villains they've already met before, like Mister One and Crocodile. It's just one of those arcs that, like, its just it's what one Piece vans love this Old characters were turning lore and like seeing what's going on within the world a one piece like while the one piece like while the like the straw Hats were kind of continuing their adventure, there were characters that were here in Impelled, Impell, Oh my god, in Impel That.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, And I guess on top of that a little bit too is one Piece up to this point has been it's good, but it's pretty formulaic and you kind of know what to expect. But after the end of SUBB it's kind of just like a a roller coaster on its way down for a good little while there as it goes through these next couple arcs, right, Like, it doesn't really take time to catch his breath too much, aside from uh maybe the arc with Boa, but prior to.
Speaker 1: This, no Amazon Lily, maybe it catches its breath a little bit, a little bit. It's pretty fast paced Amazon Lily too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really is going.
Speaker 1: The second the straw Hat got split up, it's very fast paced, and it's all like all going towards what's going on with aces execution, right, it's all building up. I think it's my favorite saga and one.
Speaker 4: Piece potentially it's it's one of the best I feel like build up arcs in anime right because it is it does have big steaks and implications all its own, but it is still like building up something even bigger.
Speaker 3: So it's uh, kind of the best of both worlds in that regard.
Speaker 1: I feel like I didn't think I was gonna have a lot to say because I didn't get a chance to rewatch it. But the second we started talking about impell down down, I feel like I can't stop talking, and we gotta let Posidon talk. But one more thing. The straw hats get wrecked in Impel Dalley, Impel Down. Loofy gets wrecked by Magellan, and we'll get into that. We I feel like we're getting to a point in one piece where Loofy is weak compared to the people he's fighting. And you see that in the mareene Ford as well. You did this entire saga and even slightly prior Loofy's weak in comparison, which is prior to this, like he was always pretty strong buddy tangled with the Nell after all. Yeah, because I didn't walk us through your favorite moments, things you liked, disliked and maybe like this cut, I know you watched it, watched it a little while ago, so just do your best, just kind to walk us through it.
Speaker 2: Yes, the arc starts with basically Boa kind of almost breaks King Loofy into the prison. We get to meet kind of the big heads of the prison. We get to meet Magellan, who is the warden, and then we have Hannib your handbell, Yes he is a vice warden. And then we learned that this prison is separated it into five levels actually six, and depending you get kind of placed in the prison, depending on your bounty. Level, So if you have a higher bounty, you are farther into the prison, which is underwater. And each level kind of has its own little like torture thing, right, Each prisoner gets tortured in a different way. And one level has like trees with blades on it. There's one level where it's freezing cold, There's one level where it's really hot. There's one level where it's just just like fire. It's literal hell.
Speaker 1: In pill Down is kind of crazy because it's supposed to be a jail that holds criminals, but I feel like, after watching it, it just kills criminals. How are they still alive?
Speaker 4: You're not technically supposed to be killing the criminals. I think some some of the higher ups, like Magellan, have the credentials to do so if they so choose, But like we do see like the former guy that was kind of on Magellan's level was imprisoned himself too because he would just do that, right, Like, you're not You're not supposed to just start killing everybody.
Speaker 1: You're not supposed to kill them. But I'm saying, how do they survive the situations that they're in, Like the first floor, which is like the weakest floor. You're just constantly getting stabbed chased by people with axes and poisonous spiders. Like, how do you live? And your only choice is to go down and then attack get attacked by monsters and then go down and be starvation and then go down and freeze to death.
Speaker 4: Like, let's say, to be fair, people usually don't go down like, that's not that's not the typical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that's true.
Speaker 4: They usually don't choose to do that. That's Look, he's a bit of a crazy.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Lufy was trying to go down. He was getting chased by things as well. I'm just saying, I guess, yeah, people have supernatural strength in this world. It just felt like to me that everyone should, like unless you're really really really strong, like one hundred thousand burry bounty, like one hundred million Barry bounty or more. Oh my god, I can't again, my zeros mixed up. It's been a long day. I go, super large bounty. How do you live? I think you just die? You get there, you die.
Speaker 3: In two weeks.
Speaker 4: I mean, bounties are important to an extent. We got to remember people like on Buggies level are floor one.
Speaker 3: So I's true.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's crazy how this place is set up.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Anyway, continue, Sorry to interrupt, you were talking with the different floors.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do find out that Ace is located on a level five, and we also learned that he is imprisoned alongside a seven war lord named jin May, who also recently got locked up and impelled down because he had refused to fight against white Beard during Ace's execution. So the Navy or the Marines kind threw him in there m hm, because he you know, he values Ace as a friend. So we got to meet Jinvey, who's actually gonna play a huge role into the next arc.
Speaker 1: Without your Marine Ford experience with Jim Bay, What is your first impression of him?
Speaker 2: I thought, like when I when I found out that, like, oh he's here because like he refused to fight or obey the Navy, I was just like, Okay, So he's cool, he knows what's up. He's a nice dude.
Speaker 3: He's the only warlord that you just chose not to write.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is the only one. Boa was gonna choose not to as well, but we all know that she ended up doing so because Lufy convinced her so he could get into break into impel Down.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we talked about this last time, but there were some hilarious gags with Boa entering impel Down and like on the way to impel Down, Yeah, he was eating so much food and then pretending like he was making these comments like loofy. Oh my god, it was. It was hilarious. I love Boa, I really do love Boa the character.
Speaker 5: I do too.
Speaker 2: She has become one of my favorite characters as well because her little antics are hilarious.
Speaker 5: I think it's all right.
Speaker 3: I feel like most people love Boa.
Speaker 4: Magellan kind of fell for her and then uh, I mean even Domino was getting wooed, right, otherwise there's no way Lupie would a would have got out scott free. And the little den den Mushi, the little snails, those things are getting wooed like nobody's safe from Boa.
Speaker 3: I will say that it is true.
Speaker 1: Trivia. When was Jinbay first introduced.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, oh god, she was introduced quite a bit earlier, because I remember there was like a little montage showing like each of the warlords, and he was on there.
Speaker 2: I want to say, when they were talking about going towards Fishman Island because Jinbay was technically supposed to be there, so I can't exactly that wasn't.
Speaker 1: His first time. It actually goes I believe, all the way back to me Hawk's first introduction. Really they mentioned Jin Bay. I'm gonna be honest, I'm kind of going off with chat here. I don't remember that either.
Speaker 4: I do remember there's one back in East Blew.
Speaker 3: I couldn't remember.
Speaker 1: Or like right before the name came up or something mm hmmm, and they mentioned, like the warlords in Bay who's a fish Man? And then here he is four hundred episodes later. Anyway, that was just a fun little bit of trivia. I was gonna see if you remember. I think yos or his friend Johnny mentioned him.
Speaker 2: The two guys.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's amazing with the Yeah, anyway, sorry for the segue. Let's let's jump back to it.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: Uh, It just it just I just wanted to mention it. It does go to show like Oda's planning characters and what warlords are and their potential future introduction so long ago.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think I saw you guys a page of Q and A's earlier where it was like years prior to her actually appearing in the manga. But it was like a cover page that had Boa on it in her design, and even Tho would have kind of forgot about it, but he's like, yeah, that was one of the people had plans like that is her design and it was years prior.
Speaker 1: Sothing amazing. He just wanted to draw someone that's hot early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that would makes sense.
Speaker 1: I get it, but I get it, okay. So you mentioned that Ace is being held there for his execution. Jin Bay is next to him. It's in the they're on the bottom bottom floor. Loofy is rushing down through the levels, through the spikes and the cold and the hot and all the stuff that you were mentioning, and that's kind of where you were.
Speaker 2: Yes. So he ends up running into Buggy on level one, because it turns out Buggy did get captured at some point and was locked up there, and the fact he is locked up at level one goes to show how little of a threat that the Verenes think he is. So Buggy and Lufy kind of reunite with each other, and Buggy's trying to get out and Lufy's like, well, I'm trying to go in, so, uh, you know, Buggy kind of touched by. Also Lufy's kind of kindness was like, Okay, I guess I'll help you. Uh So Buggy and Lufy end up going down and then they find mister two. I believe he was all he was locked up in level two as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on level two there was mister three.
Speaker 2: So oh sorry, mister two. Sorry, I get those confused. Mister twosbond Clay, mister three, wax, do you there?
Speaker 5: We go?
Speaker 2: Yes, So they run into mister three, who is able to make keys to get kind of himself out, and then you know him being like, well, I don't have any other option I might not get another opportunity.
Speaker 5: Like this again.
Speaker 2: Fine, I'll help you. So they kind of go down to level three, which is I believe the level where they starve the prisoners. So then they run into mister two Bonclay, who's super excited to see Leafy because the last time we saw bon Clay was at the end of Alabasta, where bond Clay, being a real one, sacrificed himself to kind of fight Hena so that way straw the straw Hat crew could get away from Alabasta because the Marines were kind of closing in on them and like, all right, we know where you guys are at. And within a heartbeat, he's like, I'm gonna help you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was locked and loaded for this.
Speaker 2: He was locked and loaded and oh, go ahead, and I was gonna say, I'm gonna gonna be honest with you for here Poseidon.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you remember back when we did Alabasta for this podcast, but I was like very torn up inside for for Bonclay, and uh, it's a part of that was because you know, you can't rewatch Alabasta without thinking of this Arc two and just everything then encapsulates.
Speaker 3: His character goes together right.
Speaker 1: Up until this point. You're like, oh, they get arrested. Now You're like, oh, ship, they get arrested and tortured and thrown in this terrible jail. Like it's imagine being a pirate and not actually killing anyone or something, and like, I'm gonna skial some meat today from someone impel down level one getting stabbed to death all day. I'm just a normal dude.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not like you're just not doing your taxes. If you're a pirate throne, right.
Speaker 1: As Loofy know, the whole thing is that you're you're being counter to the world government, that he broke any laws, but the law that you're breaking is choosing to wave a pirate flag, right right, yeah, fair enough, Like Lufy said, like imagine Lofy, like, I guess he has probably killed people academically.
Speaker 3: Lufy's probably kind of a menace.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to a menace.
Speaker 4: Look at this now, any criminals he let back out in the world.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I was. I was gonna mention that.
Speaker 7: Later, so I get it.
Speaker 1: But that's true, that is true.
Speaker 4: But yeah, anyway, you're talking about bon Clay.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so bond Clay. They kind of get bon Clay. So now he's kind of gathering his own little crew here. The straw Hats all all got separated. I believe there was some episodes in between Amazon Lily and impill Down kind of showing where all of straw Hats ended up going, which I'm gonna mention this briefly because I feel like it's going to be important. I can't remember the exact locations, so I will just briefly describe them. So now we got sent to a island in the sky ran by this weather wizard island, Yes, an island in the sky. Zoro got sent to Muggy Kingdom, where Prona also ended up getting heated too by Kuma. Chopper got sent to an island full of big birds and cave men who want to eat him. Yes, they were hungry they uh. Usa got sent to this island with a bunch of food that.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sanji got sent to an island full of women, but uh they're not exactly uh the women that Sony is really into. Uh. Yes, And Robin got sent to a almost like a camp of some sorts, like a like an imprisonment camp where they're building a bridge and there's women and men who are shackled and forced to work by the government. Uh. Frankie got sent to an island notably uh the bunch of tech and Vega Punk. Vega Punk's old laboratory is there. And then Brooke got sent to somewhere where they're worshiping him.
Speaker 1: Fun fact, guys, for Robin, they mentioned they were building a bridge. Do we remember how long they've been building this bridge for?
Speaker 3: It's like six hundred years.
Speaker 1: I think something insane.
Speaker 3: I like six years is what I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 7: I wonder why you know he said to connect the islands.
Speaker 1: I don't know, questions without answers.
Speaker 2: Yes, I feel like Robins especially kind of important because I mean they did mention that, and it looks like, you know, they've been at it for a very very long time.
Speaker 5: So yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, when the Void entry was, it's like one hundred year avoid time.
Speaker 5: Yes, where one hundred years of history was erased.
Speaker 3: Correct history because of the dates. Dates are hard, OK.
Speaker 1: So one hundred years of history. But my question is was this bridge being built prior to the Voice entry? When was you guys can continue talking. Sorry, I'm just yeah, I love talking one piece.
Speaker 5: No, you're good like talking one piece.
Speaker 3: That's what we're here for, is talk one piece.
Speaker 4: So I guess out of all the places that people were sent, which one was your your favorite therapist Sidon, Like, if you had to be to choose to be sent to one of those places.
Speaker 2: You know, I think I'd like to chill with the Wizard. I think he's a pretty swell dude. Yeah, I think out of everybody, uh not me, kind of went somewhere pretty for fairly fairly stuff, you know, she has shelter. He you know, let her kind of stay with him. And you know he's he's just a chill dude as opposed to Uh, Propper got sent everybody's trying to eat him. Yeah, about to get sent to prison, and uh, you know, Frankie's just in the middle of the old.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can't believe weather Wizard beat out Prona. This is so sad.
Speaker 2: I was gonna, you know, that buggy Kingdom because I'm like, you know, you get a nice castle and all, but you have Corona seem depressing and a little bit demanding. So I don't think i'd wanna get sent there with her, as much as I love Corona.
Speaker 1: Update on the timeline, the voice century was eight hundred to nine hundred years ago, and there was a century that disappeared. And this bridge has been has been being built for seven hundred years without a known purpose.
Speaker 4: See I told you I'm bad with dates. I was one hundred off. That was in the ballpark.
Speaker 1: It was after However, I just think it's important to notes, especially like not that we're gonna get any answers anytime soon. But that's part of the reason why I love rewatching and rereading one piece so I could refresh my memory on some of these facts for what they do for when they do eventually become relevant. I have a feeling it will eventually become event There's no reason a bridge has been being built for seven hundred years for no purpose.
Speaker 4: I'd be surprised. Man, construction goes on forever.
Speaker 3: Something here. They just started and delay those unions.
Speaker 4: Years later they forget what they're doing. They later just continue going.
Speaker 1: But I feel like someone has to know why its being built. God, damn it.
Speaker 4: They said they were connecting islands now which islands? I don't know, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's definitely some significance with like the years, and I am I'm looking forward to eventually learning in twenty sixty two. Okay, continue my bad?
Speaker 2: No, you're good?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 2: What did I leave off with one? Okay, Monclay. They go into level four, which we also find out that mister one the Blade the Blade Dude was also is also locked up. So basically most of baroque works, the important people from Barokes kind of got captured and imprisoned, and we find we go into level four. So at this point, the warden and the vice warden are like, what is straw Hat Loofy doing here? And they realize, wait a second, he's trying to break ace out and hannamil, he's kind of a silly dude. Uh he he's really obsessed with Oh I want He was at some point like maybe I should let straw Hat do his things so we can blame Magellan so I can be warden like he's like over here, like willing to let them go like that.
Speaker 1: Who needs enemies for such a serious arc. There's such a nice blend of comedy from Hannibel and obviously Buggy and like mister three and Boncley and Ivankov, but like Hannibell, is a nice touch. You have such a strong warden and then the vice warden who's kind of in charge of a lot of the time just being an actulute like goofy dude who doesn't give a fuck until he does give a fuck is just great. The great contrast for such a serious arc with torture and all that stuff going on.
Speaker 4: I will say I think Magellan's pretty pretty good on that end too. I know he's like a strong.
Speaker 7: Presence that around, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, but like the diarrhea stuff. And then also just whenever they first initially mentioned Buggy and Loofy running around, it's like he was there in the com room, like he could have been alerted, but he had his eyes on Boa.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, he's like, you know what, no, this takes priority.
Speaker 4: You know, he just kind of ignored them, and then, uh, you know, things kind of spun out from there.
Speaker 7: So I'm very happy.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy Poseidon appreciates how strong Magellan is. I watched like four of one piece reviews today as the way to kind of prep for this podcast. The amount of people that were like, there's not that many strong like people, considering there's like a million like strong prisoners, there's not that many strong people Magellan. You don't realize how fucking strong Magellan is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, dudele them.
Speaker 1: Magellan wiped out the Blackbeard Pirates. Like we'll get we'll talk about that in a second.
Speaker 2: We'll get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Migellan's a monster. I feel like he's like a right below admir level.
Speaker 4: Right he had he had people, he had insane people like Loofy, like you said, black Beard, Buggy, like he had all these people running for their lives, yeah, just with his presence, right, like his his only weak side and like his own worst enemy is himself, right, because he likes to eat poison and like he doesn't have to do that, like he just think that enhances the flavor. And because of that, he's on the toilet for like ten hours a day. But like if that wasn't the case, like he top ten people in the series probably right, like, if not higher, he's up there.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe it. I watched like five or six reviews or a handful of reviews, and multi people were like, I can't believe how many strong people we got. Crocodile and this other guy who I can't remember his name that used to work there.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the guy from the rain Dude, I forget is that ever?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Whatever, they got that dude, they got Jim Bay, this Ace. There's like so many insanely strong people and there's only one Magellan. And I'm like, dude, Magellan's fucking stronger than them all. Like he's a stronger than them all. And they're also isolated. They're isolated in the middle of nowhere, like you can't like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that in like prior ten twenty years prior and stuff, I said that guy that they have locked up. Yes, they said he's on par with Magellan and he but he also worked there, right, that's part of why it's known as like such an impregnable place, right, So it's uh, they they could just think of two Magellan's running around.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I just I'm very happy because I appreciates how strong Magellan is. This guy, I feel like Looviy never beat him. He's lucky. Like loovy goal was to get him takes that one and escape. He he wasn't an opponent that he had to fight in the moment. He had to just escape from him. But he couldn't fight him like Lufy can't beat him right.
Speaker 4: Now, even after breaking out all those other people, they still just had to kind of runs.
Speaker 1: I swear he's like admiral conversation, but since he's not technically a loggia, maybe he's like a couple of points notch below but way above vice material admiral for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's so incredibly strong. Like the only people that ended up surviving his his his venom were it was other people who were like, Okay, I'm going to try to save you or here's the anti venom, so he's he's he has such a disgustingly ope in my opinion, op double fruit. So yeah, he's definitely not somebody to sleep on when it comes to fighting. And Lufy had a really hard time because I mean, it looks like Magillan has pretty good crasp of what powers he has and he had no problem fighting Loofy. So, which is what happened in level four.
Speaker 1: So I mentioned it. What's his name? Magellan is not a logia like like he's a parame that's crazy. His body does not turn into poison. It excretes poison and it comes out of him or diarrhea as well. But he's also I believe, probably have mastered it, awakened it in some ways.
Speaker 4: He's just he's immune to all poison, right, but he just can't digest it. So it's like one of those things if he didn't eat it. Like like I said, he's good, but he just chooses. Yeah, their own worst enemy at times.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah for sure. M Yeah, so that's kind of what happened in level four. Loofy ends up fighting Magellan, ends up losing. You have Mister three and Buggy who kind of are like, all right, we need to take this opportunity, both of us. We're gonna leave. And then you have bond Clay over here, who's kind of having like this whole almost like crisis. He's like, I'm a coward. I can't do anything to save you, straw Hat. But then he gathers the courage to take take Loofy and go down into level five, which is the freezing hell level, and Bond plays over here. He's struggling. There's wolves on level five. They're here attacking him, and here's Loofy like on their urge of dying, like on the verge of dying here, and these wolves started attacking bon Clay in with the last little amount of strength Loufy had, Loofy fights off all of the wolves that are down there who are attacking them, and then somebody shows up. And up until this point there have been little like you know, little inklings kind of thrown here and there, like you know, there's some prisoners that have that have disappeared over the last few years, notably a prisoner name Imperia in Bankov who just he didn't escape, but he's just gone. So a lot of them just kind of assumed he ended up dying, and nobody really kind of you know, took, I guess notice of it. So Ivankov shows up and he takes both Bonclay and Lufy, who are at this point about to die from their injuries and the cold, and we find out that ivan Kov and a bunch of other people, other prisoners, are hiding in what they call Level five point five, which is between Level five and six, and they are just free in there. They the prison guards don't have access, they don't know where, they don't even know they're there.
Speaker 1: Like they know, Like people are really missing, but it's not that surprising, considering people could like boil alive, freeze to death, probably get buried in snow boil alive. That surprising that people are going missing again. In my theory, I think people are dying here in two weeks unless they're really really strong.
Speaker 4: Yes, which granted, like it's like you mentioned with Crocodile's crew, right, like uh, like we see numbers one through three, but like it's not like anybody else from his crew is an impule down right, Like it is the strongest of the strong.
Speaker 3: Everybody in there's kind of a problem.
Speaker 1: So exactly, Yes, at least the ones that survivor or a problem or they're just not being sent to impule down right for lesser crimes. However, I do want to say, let's not gloss over it. So he got wrecked by Magellan, poisoned on the verge of death, right, bond Clay defending him against the wolves. Loofy uses conquerors hockey again, which is really cool.
Speaker 2: Oh, he does like passing out, if I remember, that's the.
Speaker 1: Only thing that kind of keeps them alive. But they're on the verge of death, as you mentioned, and that's when Evonkov comes and saves them and brings them the five point five. But he's still on the verge of death. So what happens after that, Besidon? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Prior to that though, just so we don't gloss over it too much, just because, uh, I know, we mentioned Hanya Bells like a little bit of like comedic relief here in this arc. But I do want to point out like he took out Buggy and number three really easily, and number two only really got to jump on him because he pretended to be Nammy, right, Like he tricked.
Speaker 3: Them and him a little bit there.
Speaker 4: So it's like they had him guarding the floor upwards and dude's a problem too, right, it's not just the gillin in there. So anyways, that uber ba I just don't want to gloss over that too much. I like it.
Speaker 1: I like when he started being taking things seriously. It's a good contrast, goes back and forth and you'll realize, wow, okay, he kind of deserves his job.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was funny, like how fast Hannibal was, like because von Clay was impersonating Nomy because obviously he had touched nom in a previous arc, so he's able to imitate her. He was he like dropped everything he was doing. He's like, yoh, yeah, I do want to see you change clothing.
Speaker 4: I can't believe he felt that either when right, Like, oh.
Speaker 2: Man, yeah, it's it was so funny. He's such a silly character. I love that man. Uh. But we do get introduced to von Kaov. So we find out that yvon Kov has like almost like a party floor. Right, everybody over there is kind of just partying, eating, they perform and all that, and uh, it's really exciting. And I also got the I was really happy to also see bon Clay go oh, these are these people are all queer, They're all like me. So like bon Clay feels almost like at home with these people because he hasn't really had, you know, anybody like that around him. So we find out that yvon Kov injected. So yvan Kov has a double fruit where he can manipulate hormones and inject them into himself and other people so he can give people more adrenaline, you know, change their their gender stuff like that. So he injected I can't remember what exactly it was. Was it the adrenaline or something to fight off the venom, but it all came down to I could inject him with these hormones. But it comes down to straw hats like or Goofy's will to be able to continue and live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he enhanced his like natural healing and like antibodies and stuff, right, but it's still on his own.
Speaker 3: There's no guarantee of that.
Speaker 4: So m hm.
Speaker 2: So you see kind of bond Clay over here. He's also worried. He's very he cares so deeply for Loofy. So you see him kind of almost like freaking out, like we need him to live I want him to live. I'm bond Clay was willing to trade his own life if it only meant that Lufy would live, which goes to show how great of a character Bond Clay like he he even like in Alabasta, Yes he was fighting, but like he was still he still cared so deeply for Loofy because Lufy showed him so much kindness that he feels like this is his way of like repaying back for everything. So it was such a oh, such heartwarming moments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because like as soon as he sees Lufy as a friend, right, like, he's willing to go above and.
Speaker 3: Beyond for his friends.
Speaker 4: And even on like floor four where he runs away, like he he has to kind of make himself do so it's not easy for him, and he does so with the promise to himself that like even if it kills him, uh, you know, he did it logically so they don't both go down in that same spot. But even if it kills him, he's going to save Loofy if he can.
Speaker 3: Thereafter, so and we.
Speaker 4: See him you know, not just say the words there, but put it to action.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Got an straw Boykov is a character.
Speaker 2: I think he's great. We do find out that he was a commander for the Revolutionary Army, which at this point we know that Lufy's father is the leader of the Revolutionary Army. So when you know, Lufy ends up waking up, he's all kind of okay. He ended up barely surviving the venom. You know, it was very lightly mentioned to von Kov, Like Lufy was so like nonchalant about it. He was just like, yeah, that's my dad whatever. I don't really know him much though, and like at this point, ivan Kov was like, this is all I can do for you, Like, I'm not going to really help you past here, like you know, I I saved your life. But when Ivankov finds out that Lufy's father is Dragon, von Kov's like, I owe Dragon, you know a lot my life. So I'm going to help you get to your brother and help you guys get out of here.
Speaker 5: So that's kind of what kick started everything.
Speaker 1: Loofy's so casually, yeah, that's my dad, and he's like and Vankav's like, yeah, your dad, Wait, your dad like the little Caw when he was just so good.
Speaker 7: It's funny.
Speaker 1: At that point, Ivonkov is now on Loofy's side, like, yeah, we've got to get you out of here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's it's funny too, because that's kind of how Loofy found out too, right, is garn't be in the same way. He just kind of casually mentioned it. He's like, oh, yeah, I shouldn't have said that. Don't be telling people that, Like, oh yeah, I shouldn't have vipeat, I shouldn't have said that. But uh, but yeah, there's the whole thing with Dragon, and then there's all the implications that that might potentially have because it's out now that uh that Ace and Lufy are are brothers. Right, So Ivankov has all these things going through his head. He's like, wait, does the Navy know this? Does that mean Dragon is Ace's dad? Like there's a lot of questions there that suddenly stop fighting.
Speaker 1: His time, Right, Yeah, Ivankov assumed that Ace was also Dragon's son and then doesn't realize it until much later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and oh yeah, it's one of those things too, where he's it makes sense why they're not really in any rush to get out of there because he's biding his time to like make it like a a two pronged thing, right, based on whatever whatever Dragon does on the outside. So but yeah, this this changes that, right Lufy Lupy has a way of changing things.
Speaker 1: Yes, not that it would have been easy for ivan Kov to escape regardless, but I guess right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like how you is a rush?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah yeah, because up until this point, only one prisoner has ever made it out of impull Down and it was Chiky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, you gotta watch the movie with Schiky in it.
Speaker 2: Do you watch it after this arc or do you watch it like kind of in between a certain.
Speaker 4: I think usually after it was like being written, like like as this art kind of was coming out. But uh, it's you know, it's a movie. It's just have fun with it. I don't think it's like two. It probably like is cannon, but like not also not really like it doesn't.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's always like the movies are usually like their own kind of separate little things.
Speaker 1: Mmmm, okay, okay, should be good. We lost the recording, but we are back. We didn't lose a recording, but the recording stopped. So we're continuing from where we were talking about the Shiki movie, and we kind of just said that if non cannon, but has like cannon characters in it and cannon stuff, but it's a non cannon story that never actually happens along their journey. But I do think a good time to watch it is sometime after impelled down. Yeah mm hm, But anyway, let's continue.
Speaker 4: You're talking about four or five point five and uh and the fact that Lupy had to be saved and then uh, like the reason Ivonko decided to to help him out right finding out Dragon List his his dad, so I think was the last thing we kind of talked about there. H.
Speaker 2: So they end up I Bonkov also takes like his entire little group of people to also kind of fight against the jailers and everybody to kind of fight their way down to U level six. Now, level six is kind of the level where if you were placed down there, you are either on your way to getting killed because this is like the equivalent of death row, or you're just gonna basically.
Speaker 5: Your existence I believe is just like gone.
Speaker 2: Like everybody who's down on level six is just they what are people who the government considers just dangerous human beings who should not be like left.
Speaker 5: Into you know, the other levels.
Speaker 2: So Ace is down there. I think I said he was in level five, but I believe he's in level six.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The originally thought he was level five or whatever, but uh ended up being six.
Speaker 5: A level six.
Speaker 2: Level six is really a lot of bad people are down there. So they go down there. And here's the problem. At the time that Lufy is trying to get down there, they are now kind of carrying on with all right, his execution is happening in a few hours. Let's you know, they're trying to escort Ace out of Impell down onto the Navy ships to go to Marine Fort.
Speaker 1: One second, I'm getting raided, and the sound effected playing now, oh my god, what a scuff day. Give it a second. Raiders. Yes, I should say thank you, thank you for the raid. I really appreciate that. Actually we're talking about one piece and but Sidon was just talking about how Loofy is chasing down. Don't apologize at all. That's my fault for not muting the notation.
Speaker 2: I would have I would have not just laying around.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the raid. Keep on Raid and Raiders. But yes, Lufy is going down trying to get to Ace while Ace is Now they're expediting his execution. He's being brought up at the same time Lufy is going down. So when Lufy finally arrives, Ace isn't gonna be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so shows up. They were just a little bit late, you see Jinba there just letting him know, like you're late, and they're kind of like, crap, we spent all this time kind of going down here, like what.
Speaker 5: Are we gonna do?
Speaker 3: So then.
Speaker 2: We find out that Crocodile is also on this level, and he tells Lufy he's still mad at Lufy for what he did and our fasta. But Crocodile sees this, like pretty much everyone else, as an opportunity to leave.
Speaker 5: So he ast.
Speaker 2: Get me out of here. I will help you, and you know he I'm actually really surprised that Crocodile actually didn't end up screwing Loofy over. He actually kept his word for the most part.
Speaker 3: There was a reason for that, though. Do you remember what it was or.
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 4: This is something we've kind of teased about, I know, in previous podcasts here. But so you know, initially, the their sleeping guests coming onto the floor, they like have to use the stairs to like plug that up with like the snip snip fruit and stuff.
Speaker 3: And because of that, they don't have a way out.
Speaker 4: So Crocodile's like, you know, like you said, He's like, I can get us out if you let me go. But if von Kov has a little bit of blackmail on him, right, he like he he knew Crocodile.
Speaker 3: Crocodile was a rookie thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, He's like, you know, I'll keep it quiet if you Yeah, as long as you stick true to your words.
Speaker 1: So if van Kov is my favorite character because it allows for thereas like Crocodile, And somehow over the years, at first it's ridiculous, it's not true, it's just for fun. Somehow, over the years I have fully convinced myself that now used to be a woman. What are your thoughts beside it?
Speaker 2: You know, honestly I love that theory. If he was like a woman, I think that would make me love him or her or they even So.
Speaker 1: It could be something like that, It could be something way less large, but there's definitely some type of Ivankov thought something on him.
Speaker 4: That's the fun part about the blackmail was he kept it so uh vague that like it could be anything, right.
Speaker 3: I let the theory the theorists still crazy.
Speaker 1: So I mean it could be anything. But like the people that say that Crocodile is like Lufy's mom is the most ridiculous fucking ship of all.
Speaker 3: Time, that one's the funniest.
Speaker 4: But uh but yeah, to answer your question to side, and like that's that's why he kind of I think stayed in line there a little bit, right, Like you said, you're surprised by it, but they got they got blackmail on him, so you don't want to mess with Avankove.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want to mess with Avankove.
Speaker 2: So he's quite strong as well. He can he can put up a fight, yea. So they also break Jin Bay out. Jim's like, I can help you. So obviously, you know, at this point, kind of Loofy puts a lot of trust in gin Babe, because you know, Jim Bay does mention that you know, he he knows his brother, he knows white Beard, and like he's willing to help. So obviously Louviy needs all the help he can get to just get out of here, because getting in was hard enough, so getting out must be a lot harder. Now that the now that the prison basically knows like these people are are here, so we also get to see where Buggy and uh mister three are at. They're kind of causing a little bit of chaos up in the upper levels as well. They're also freeing a lot of the prisoners and they're like, we're gonna get out of here so amidst all this chaos, so they end up going all the way back to level four and now they're kind of getting faced with everyone. Blackbeard ends up showing up to Impel Down, to much surprise because up until this point, Boa I believe it has been the only warlord who is kind of step foot into Impel Down. It's not an easily accessible, I guess place to be. You have to grant a lot of permissions to just be able to get into here. So Blackbeard pulls up and we're at this point not really sure why he's just there, and he kind of, you know, fights the navy. They're like, oh, it's a warlord, you know, don't you can't be here. He kind of knocks them all out, and he also goes down to level four, so you kind of see Loofy and Blackbeard and Blackbeard. We find out Blackbeard tells Lufy like, actually, I was supposed to capture you. It wasn't going to be a. He was the initial target for Blackbeard, but because Loufy and his friends got shot up in the sky during at the beginning of Skypea, Blackbeard couldn't follow him. Like the reason why Blackbeard was going after Loofy was because Blackbird wanted the warlord title and he felt that it was appropriate to get the person who defeated Crocodile and basically stripped him of his title and turned him into the government. So when he didn't see that asn't like an opportunity anymore, he finds out that Ace is actually after him because Whitebeard sent Ace after him, and he goes, you know what, maybe I should turn an Ace instead. So that is why Ace ended up getting imprisoned in his upper execution, and it is because of Blackbeard. But it kind of like it sucks just to find out that it was Ace was actually never going to be the person. It was gonna be Loofy because of the whole Skypee of stuff going on, he couldn't follow him.
Speaker 4: And just to kind of add to the pain there a little bit, like I think black Beard also mentioned that like he kind of threatened Ace with Loofy, like Lufy's existence, like because he knew that black Beard was after Lufy and you know, could kill his brother.
Speaker 3: That's one of the reasons.
Speaker 4: Like Ace wasn't going to back off, right, Like, no matter kind of what happened, regardless.
Speaker 1: Ace was hunting down black Beard. Yeah him, no matter what. But yeah, now Lufy had that extra little bit of guilt like it should have been me. I should have been the one to fight him. M Yeah.
Speaker 8: That kind of black is interesting, where like when he first gets introduced, he always gets wrecked initially, like his first the first kit Loofy does black Beard like, but then he's very black Beard's very sturdy.
Speaker 1: He didn't take a ton of damage, but he's kind of like, I don't know what the word is for it.
Speaker 4: It's too many pies and stuff. Like, you know, he's not always training, but like he is strong at the end of the day, right.
Speaker 1: I feel he's so strong and so sturdy, but he leaves himself like open and he's not ready for the initial battle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a he's a slow starter. Yeah, I guess you could say, yeah, yeah, it's chaos in the prison at this point, right, because at one point you have black Beard showing up at the entrance all unannounced.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, he's not supposed to be there.
Speaker 4: You have Mister three and Buggy kind of causing chaos and like floor two, and then you know, Straw hating them or making their way back up. So I think they're at like floor four at one point, and then you know, everything kind of eventually meets and whatnot. But it's just things are happening all over, right, was ready to call it. He's like, I'm just I'm just gonna go I might just go home, like.
Speaker 2: He's ready to give up.
Speaker 1: Recon comes to my chat and says one Piece sucks balls and this is why he always gets banned. And on that note, we're gonna give Recon a fat bag. You'll be missed, like almost timing out Marcus. No one say anything on chat there we.
Speaker 3: Go Marcus catching strays.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so after one Piece or after a black Beard and Lufy fight for a bit and then Lufy moves on, black Beard fights Magellan. Is that right beside there is that kind of what happens next her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he and Lufy decide to not or he decides to actually not fight Lufy. He is just like, you know, I will save this.
Speaker 5: For another time.
Speaker 2: I have something I want to get done, and I'm gonna get it done, which we'll find out later. So Magellan is also here. He's now like black Beard, you're not supposed to be here, and with an easy just swipe of his devil fruit like just drowns almost like his entire crew in venom, and they are all like screaming, They're all like on the floor, they're like about to die. So then we kind of go forward into the kind of they're going now up Louvi and the rest of his you know, his current crew, not the straw Hats, but the people he had gathered up until this point. They make it up. They meet up with I believe, I think Buggy and mister two, and at this point Buggy and Mister two are also almost gathering their whole crew. They have like a whole Buggy has his like his glazers up there. Oh yes, yeah, they they are they Buggy will do something and he won't even intentionally do it. And then the prisoners who are like we, oh you are life Buggy. They're like just hyping them up. They're like, oh my god, yes, yes, Buggy, you're the best. You talk trash to that wax wall. You know, it's it's it's so funny. So they eventually yes, yeah, hiss was crazy, Like Buggy will do nothing, and then everybody just loves him for some reason. You know, it's it's hilarious. I think it's fun. It's a really funny gag for sure, but oh god, what was I gonna say?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: They eventually kind of get through there, They get through, They get out of the prison and find out that there's no like no boats. Why.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite moments in the arc when it's like you have all the chaos happening inside, all the things that hold them inside and torture them and keep them jailed, and then like they finally escape and there's not a ship in sight, and you realize the strongest defense of the jail is the fact that it's in the middle of the fucking ocean. All these the calm belt, the strong, all these strong devil fruit users. All these strong people use devil fruits so they can't swim. And even if you can't swim. You're not swimming across the fucking ocean unless you're ralely, especially not across the calm belt with what's it called with seekings everywhere like what a goaded? I love him down And honestly, they also calm silence when they when they finally exited, and it's like one of my favorite parts of the arc.
Speaker 4: They also got kind of lucky because the the other warden that uh that got released in order to try to help, and he started causing chaos as well, right, so he destroyed like the communications.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I forget.
Speaker 2: I forgot to mention him because he's actually quite important too, because he was the head jailer. But they ended up actually sending him all the way down to level six because he was he was just killing his cowork like he was just slaughtering them. It's a very very violent man. So Loufy and the rest of the crew that ended up breaking out are like, what the hell are we gonna do because there's no ships in sight. There's nothing that you can do. And then here's jin Bay going I need there's ships there, but they're like all the way out, like you could see them a little bit, but they're definitely not like a loofy can stretch his arm and get onto it right length. They're pretty far away. So Jinbay does this thing where he's like, I need you guys to trust me, and you guys to trust me, and he goes into the water and he's somehow like I can't remember exactly what he did. I think he kind of made everybody jump in and.
Speaker 4: He carried a door and yeah he uh, he carried the big three off to.
Speaker 3: One of those ships.
Speaker 4: I kind of launched him at it right the you got number one, you got crocodile, and you got buggy.
Speaker 7: So I thought sharks, Oh.
Speaker 3: He did that there after.
Speaker 4: Initially he had them kind of take out the people on the ship and then uh, and then he called out the the whale sharks or what have you, whatever they were that uh to help everybody else get over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, so that happens. You know, everybody they ended up clearing I think one Navy ship and they are able to get everyone out. Now, this is where we have another issue is that impel Down is also surrounded by a huge, really tall wall, so you have to have authorization to open the gate in order to leave Impel down, which obviously they cannot get. So they're all like kind of like, what are we gonna do? And for some reason, the gate opens and everybody is like, what the hell what is going on? And come to find out because Jinbay slipped, he knew about this, but he was advised not to say anything until they were out, bond Clay ended up staying behind, impersonating Magellan and letting his like the jailers know to open the gate, and they were all like wait why, but you know obviously if the is saying open the gate, you open the gate. So bon Clay stayed behind so everyone else could escape, knowing that this could be the end of his life like this was he knew full well that he could get he could die, like Bangellen could kill.
Speaker 5: Him for this mm hm.
Speaker 2: And you have Jin Bay was telling Lufy like I told bon Clay told me not to tell you until we were out. So then Lufy is like, I give me the transponder snail right now, because I have one, and so.
Speaker 5: Does bon Clay.
Speaker 2: And here's bond Clay like Lufy's like, no, we're gonna go back. We have to get him, and Jin Bay's reminding Lufy like we it was so hard for us to get out. We can't go back. We have to leave him, like this is what he wanted, and you go. He talks to bond Clay on the phone and bon Clay was like, strawboy, go and save your brother. Don't worry worry about me, say your.
Speaker 3: Brother sacrifice wasn't enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, von Clay is like go and I had to like pause the episode and I was crying. I was like, oh my God, like bon Clay and bon Cley letting like Lufy know that he has no regrets and that one day they are going to meet again, and I was just like stop.
Speaker 4: But then even after that, Magellan's like any last words and I think he said satisfaction or something like that he doesn't have any regrets. But like, yeah, is that the end of bond Clay.
Speaker 2: Yeah you bon Clay. He's fully willing to fight back against Magellan too. So that was that was definitely a very very sad moment on We also come to find out that cheer You, the head jailor, gives Blackbeard and his crew the anti venom to be able to survive and decides to join a Blackbeard, which God damn it just like it's moments like this, I'm like, damn, there was so many opportunities that Blackbird probably should have been dead but ends up somehow getting out of this just barely, barely alive.
Speaker 4: I can't wait realists flood armor all around.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see shear you versus Zoro. I feel like it's gonna happen. I believe.
Speaker 4: He has a sword, but uh, but I guess just one more thing on Bond Clay. As as far as being the MVP of this arc, I mentioned earlier, I didn't want to gloss over him, like kind of tricking Honya Bell as he transformed into Nami and whatnot, right, and you know, immediately after that, he acted like he was Honya Bell and uh, he acted like he was injured and things like that. And it was at that moment that he like touched Magellan's face, right, because he has to touch the face of like the person that he is going to transform into. So it's like all the way back to then, like he was kind of yeah, he's always kind of doing whatever he can to like prepare what might need to be done, and like if he didn't do that, like imagine how hard it is to touch Magellan's face, right, So he wouldn't have been able to even make that sacrifice.
Speaker 7: So that real MVP.
Speaker 3: Yeah, truly the m VP.
Speaker 1: I think there's even a moment on I think level four or five where Blonclay has a moment where he like sacrifices himself again in a way or like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: He's fighting all the wolves right bloofy unconscious, like just trying to find you know, Bostom, what's of hope like I von Kov or.
Speaker 1: Whatever Boncle Like in my top five favorite characters, I think he's up there. He's your favorite right out there.
Speaker 2: I mean, Robin's always gonna be my number one, but he definitely shot up there for me. He's such a great character, like he loyalty and love he had shown to Lufy, like it's just it. It makes me so sad to see him. I mean, I don't think we have any confirmation that he's like not alive, because the last moment we saw was just him ready to fight Magellan. So for all I know, he could just he could still be an impel down alive.
Speaker 4: You know which, which is almost worse than death right and we saw him there.
Speaker 2: But I mean you never know.
Speaker 1: You don't know a couple of things we need to talk about before we do wrap up. According to Chat one, why are the gates so massive? I mean, I don't know, why are they so massive?
Speaker 3: Hit talking about the Gate of Justice or whatever.
Speaker 4: It's a giant gate that like connects the three major I feel like maybe headquarters simple down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and which.
Speaker 1: So the realisted me or like the someone time to be logical would be like the currents are large, therefore the door or entryway needs to be large because of how big the current is or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yes, why is.
Speaker 1: It like however my actual belief? No, I'm kidding, like like a super fun belief. Remember those mystical creatures near.
Speaker 3: They made the.
Speaker 7: Doors Kriller bar in the triangles.
Speaker 1: Back nine hundred years ago. They were the way to use the doors.
Speaker 4: That's a good question from the chat because if it's taking them six hundred years to build that bridge, how long did it take them to build those doors?
Speaker 5: It is us crazy.
Speaker 3: Those things are pretty big. It's two. You're not wrong.
Speaker 1: We didn't mention that Loofy lost many many years of his life in order to survive.
Speaker 2: I think I think it was like yes or so, because the hormones cut the lifespan, right.
Speaker 9: Which better than dying though, right, So it's yeah, so we know that he's probably not living a super super long life and it's important to kind of know that or note that three you forgot to mention the zone b that and then being the first mention of awakened devil fruits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was what I was going to bring up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those are the four guards with the menotaur and whatnot. That's what they're They're not any slackers either or slouches. I guess you could say that was like one of the first mentions of a awakened devil fruits that I think we've seen, right, So, yeah, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like Magellans was awakened, but maybe they didn't mention it.
Speaker 4: It. It very well could be, but I don't think they mentioned it.
Speaker 1: If it is because they had like multiple different forms for a paramesia, which tends.
Speaker 7: To like a hydra and stuff, Yeah, but maybe not.
Speaker 1: We do know, though, those zones awakened their devil fruits, which is kind of like mastery or taking it to the next level of the fruit more than just its basic form.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is I mean, that's that's a detail I didn't catch until I read through it again today, Like I would not have been able to tell you that.
Speaker 1: But so, why were they awakened zones?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Can they do that made them?
Speaker 3: I think it had something to do with Sadie.
Speaker 4: I'm being honest, like she just kind of awakens something in you. You know, it might be devil fruits for some people, right, So.
Speaker 1: Any final thoughts on the arc beside.
Speaker 2: And I honestly thought this was a really solid arc. I didn't really have any issues with it when it came like pacing or just like irritating moments or like I didn't really have any of those, not that I have very many of those in the past arcs, there were like some pacing issues with for example like Skypea, or like there's just characters I just didn't vibe with, or just like, you know, felt like some stuff was a little bit unnecessary. But I feel like impel Down is such like a solid arc, and I think that, you know, it's it's definitely up there for me now. It's I think that also did such a good job at like showing that, you know, maybe Loufy isn't that powerful. You know, there's a ton of people who are much stronger than Lufy, and I think Lufy is also starting to realize that. I feel like Lufy was only able to get in and get out the way he was with the help of other people because he was gonna do it all by himself. He was ready to, like, you know, to to just get ace by himself. But he honestly wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for bond Clay and if it wasn't for Ivankov. He wouldn't have been able to get out if it wasn't for Crocodile and Jinbay kind of helping clearing the path and all of that. So I think that, I mean, I think just moving forward, Lufy's gonna he's he definitely got humbled a lot during this arc and same with the future arc. But it's it's it's ramping up, and I'm starting to see like why everybody kind of goes to tell like, because I've been told between saba Ode and all the way into Marine Ford is what I was told. His peak one piece, Ye, like it's just so good and I now understand why it's it's it's just such a build up to such an like I would even argue probably one of the most the most important arc in one piece.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember catching up mid Marine third and going week to week on that was tortured.
Speaker 2: Was I can't imagine what it was like to the people who were watching it like at the time.
Speaker 10: Live just like anyway, just a quick update, an awakened devil Fruit increases the abilities of the Fruit.
Speaker 1: They have greater power, more refined control, and often new abilities that were otherwise not possible before. Just to kind of give you a definition of that. My final thoughts on the arc. It's one of my favorites. I also I really love like more linear, enclosed arcs. For whatever reason, That's something I love in fiction and in video games. I know a lot of people are always like open world. I want open world. I want big islands with vast lore and world building and stuff like that. Something about an enclosed area with many layers just gets me. I just love it. I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 3: My add needs that. Otherwise.
Speaker 4: You know, many open world games I just don't finish because I get distracted.
Speaker 1: Everyone loves open world, and don't get me wrong, elden Ring is fantastic, But there's something about like a Dark Soul's One in comparison that's sewing closed. Dark Soul's One feels like impull Down in video game Poet. They're just always getting fucked, always getting tortured, and it's all linear, but it's not linear because it's all interconnected with layers above and below. Dark Soul's One is the impull Down of video games.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel like they probably have some of the same inspirations I would assume, right, like the Seven Circles of Hell from like Dante's Inferno and things of that nature. Right, So it's it's the same thing, all right, We're going underneath the sea and there's all these layers of just different tortures things that these people are going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And I think sometimes people want open world because it has all these different environments and things going on, but they I would have managed to do that within a fixed environment, with every level having different environments, new enemies, and things just constantly shifting.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine a one piece game where it's open world. This world's so big, but yeah, I get Losco and Island to island.
Speaker 3: I need anomia me.
Speaker 2: Too, Yeah, I need to know where some of these islands are at. I think we also, I can't remember if it was between impell Down and Marine Ford or it was during impel Down. But we also did get a little bit of like, you know, what's going on with the straw Hats, because we kind of we found out at the beginning where they were, but then we also kind of almost like get like an update episode to see how they're doing. So Robin gets imprisoned, she gets captured trying to defend some of the kid and some of.
Speaker 5: The ladies who were locked up.
Speaker 2: Chopper kind of gets taken in by the birds, the big birds. I can't remember exactly what happened with usop, if I'm being really honest, non surviving. He's surviving. The weather Wizard, you know, she not me, accompanies him to believe to go like help a town, and not me is just so like fascinated by the way he's able to manipulate the elements and weather that she, you know, ends up being like, you know, instead of me trying to go back to Sabaud, I think I'm gonna stay a little longer to see if I can, you know, if you could teach me how you know, you use all of these like almost how you manipulate you know, the weather.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Zora and Parona are kind of having their little ocenanigans. Pirona's wanting to make Zoro into a servant because you know, Kumassi is not really exactly there anymore, so she kind of like wraps him up and puts Hi I think in a Kumassy suit, uh and tells him to act like Kumasi, and he's he's just not having any of it. So you kind of have like that little banter there. Frankie gets turned into fancy Frankie. He's a fancy lad And I can't honestly exactly remember what's going on with Brooke Brook.
Speaker 1: Like summoned to it like as a de end on an island and then now he's a performer or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then Soanji gets is getting chased by the ladies on this island, which we also, I believe we do also find out that Ivankov is technically the queen of this island.
Speaker 1: The comment Kingdom's just running.
Speaker 2: Running, Soanji's running, He's just running away, and they're all telling him to kind of, you know, accept his feminine side.
Speaker 5: And it's it's really funny.
Speaker 2: It's it's hilarious because you know, you see Sonji, they're like, oh my god, I landed in the perfect place. And he finds out he's like, mine, I want to get out of here.
Speaker 4: The craziest thing about like the little updates too, is it kind of reminds me, reminds you how quickly like impull Down happens. It's like, you know, it took them like four days to get there from from from BoA's Island and whatnot, but like it all happens so fast, right, well, all these updates are happening with everybody else. Lufy's gone through the entirety of the impil Down arc, right, so it's things are not slowing down in his arenas.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: So this whole, this whole saga just feels like a downward slope goes so fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no it does. And uh, I can't wait to talk about Marine Ford.
Speaker 1: If you could fry and do it next week since you finished it all while it's still fresh.
Speaker 2: Here, Yeah, I believe I should have time next week.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll talk and we'll talk in the in the group chat and figure out what day works for everyone. But we could kind of aim for like a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday or Tuesday or Wednesday at around the same time five six o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Tuesday's heart. There's harder for me because I don't get out of class to like four pm. Yeah, well, in for Wednesday. Then if that is the case, which I don't, I don't have a problem with Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Cool cool, cool, stay in school, stay in school case, Yeah, unless you're skipping to watch one Piece or something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, I forgot to mention. There was also a really funny moment at the end of this arc where there was a transponder snail on the ship and it's a marine guy and he exposes to everybody that Buggy was part of Goldie Rogers Crew and he is affiliated with Shanks in some way, and everybody on there is like freaking out. They're like, oh my god, we had no idea, and here's Buggy kind of like what what you guys weren't supposed to know that stop stuff. He doesn't want anybody to really know. So I believe there was also an interaction between Loofy and Buggy because Lufy had told Buggy like, oh, I uh before this, I was with Rayley, and Buggy's like, oh, I hope he's doing well. So you see a little bit of that relation, a little bit of a connection between those two characters.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you're just casually talking about these legendary figures, right, and it just for all these other people that are looking from the outside in. It's putting Buggy on this pedestal. So leaderships did at one hundred, I told you, naturally charismatic man.
Speaker 3: He's rallying in the troops.
Speaker 2: He really isn't trying to be, which I think is so funny.
Speaker 4: He kind of leans into it at the part that you're talking about a little bit because everybody else is like, we don't want to go there, and he's like, hold up, I could use this. He's like, guys were going there, I'll use this chance to kill white Beard. And like I said, it rallies the troops all.
Speaker 2: I mean, he wanted to leap. They didn't want to Buggy, and he didn't want to go to Marine Ford because he knew what was going to go on. But he doesn't really have another choice other than you know, and we also see Crocodile here, He's like, I also want to take out white Beard.
Speaker 4: So that's that's the funny thing about him helping out Loofy and whatnot. All throughout in pull Down is a lot of it's accidental, like he was ready to chim right from the get go, right and then uh like even whenever he got launched onto the boat with Crocodile and number one, he's like, of course it's safer with a you know, with these two former warlords, and it is you know over there where Magellan's gonna get you, like you freaking idiots while you stand back there. So like the entire time, he's just being opportunistic, right like he's always very self serving.
Speaker 3: But it works out, So it works out. Yeah, great character.
Speaker 1: I love Buggy Buggy. I do think it's actually still my number one favorite character.
Speaker 3: He's one of them.
Speaker 4: He is what do you call that, like a foil to looky in like the perfect way, right, like not only with their fruits, as you know, Loofy. The only thing that really hurts him is if you cut, whereas Buggy it's the opposite, right, like only blunt force works on Buggy and then their personality is the same, right, They're just kind of foils for one another.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I will I will say one piece is that show where everyone has ten favorite characters in their top five, and everyone has two or three favorite characters, Like, oh, Buggy's my favorite character, so do my favorite character? Bond Clay's in my top five? But what about Lufi and Zo, Roland and a much other characters I don't want to mention, Like, oh my god, there's a million characters that are like I love them all. They're all, I guess in my top ten, but like, oh my god, Buggy is Buggy's Olda's favorite character, and I think he's He's mine as well.
Speaker 2: Yggy's definitely a silly dude.
Speaker 3: He's no Bond Clay, but he's up there.
Speaker 2: He's Yeah, but I'm excited for Marine Ford. It's uh my thoughts on that.
Speaker 5: I will say for the next episode.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be yapping for a long time the next week.
Speaker 5: I'll block out like two hours.
Speaker 1: We talked for over an hour ten this week. So I hope, I hope everyone enjoyed today's episode of the One Piece Virgin Podcast. Huge thanks to Poseidon for watching One Piece and sharing your thoughts with us, and huge thank you Jordan for always making the time to help me out here and yeah, okay and keeping this podcast going. I love it.
Speaker 3: It's a fun time. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 7: Of course, I'm glad you're enjoyed episode.
Speaker 2: I love it. I honestly, I think One Piece has become my favorite anime, which is good because, like I Monica Monica is my favorite anime of all time and it has been for like the past like almost fifteen years, I want to say, and or ever since it got released, so it it would have taken a really good anime to be able to top that one for me, and I think One Piece has definitely cemented itself as my favorite anime now.
Speaker 1: Ikesis she finished all of Marine Ford as well, so we're gonna try to do that next week. Also, Jordan, you have homework to do for this weekend. Hopefully we get it done. I've watched six episodes of new anime.
Speaker 4: I'm trying waiting until I get my best Okay, I'm.
Speaker 3: Trying to watch.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to watch six more. My goal is to watch twelve different shows from this season. So we have a nice conversation.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: I don't watch anime so far, so.
Speaker 1: We're just watching the first episode. We're watching the first episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of seasonals, I've still watched zero up to this point.
Speaker 3: But I will get it done. I'll watch at least a couple. They're all so bad.
Speaker 1: They're all so bad. It's like two good animes i've watched so far and four terrible ones.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I only watched seasonals really because of you guys. I feel like other than that, I'd normally like let the season finish and then I'd go back and yeah, and then like pick one or two and I'm like these look good, and then that's typically how I would do it.
Speaker 1: Anyway. I hope everyone enjoyed shimpock you and I'll see you all next time later