Speaker 1: You should be the Tuesday's tool.
Speaker 2: You're a tool.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: You're a tool.
Speaker 1: You have been a tool all morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mario, who's more of a tool? Me or Tony?
Speaker 1: Hey we're on the air.
Speaker 3: Why Tony and show Dave Jennings at his time for Tuesday's tool.
Speaker 2: Oh, speaking of tools, the sneaking Deacon will be calling.
Speaker 3: It, ah segue, dude, he comes in here, he's shooting the leg.
Speaker 2: Hey, he's on the phone and that's why I said it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come in and shoot him in the leg.
Speaker 2: Please shoot him in league.
Speaker 4: What makes my job easy? Guys finding tools across our globe?
Speaker 1: RIGHTA.
Speaker 2: Look, I was gonna say pinky.
Speaker 4: Toes, you know what, but that's not one of those.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: You may maybe at some point. So let's uh, let's call this guy Tim.
Speaker 1: HOI Tim, Hi, Tim, thanks for listening.
Speaker 4: He's twenty four. His girlfriend is Tina. She's twenty three.
Speaker 1: Tim and Tina.
Speaker 4: Tim and Tina Aura don't like him.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Here's Tim. We have a good routine. I wake up first, make coffee. She wakes up to a nice hot cup. He's been dating her for about two years, living together for six months. Recently, though, she started getting really particular. She insists on using this super specific method. Measure the grounds to the exact gram, pre warm the mug in the microwave for thirty seconds, add the milk at a certain temperature, and so on and so forth, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, white falls listening. Oh it's an inside joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you goo.
Speaker 4: After following those instructions because he wanted to make it nice for her, he revealed that she started micro managing the process. It got to a point where every time I handed her a cup, she'd grill me, did you weigh the grounds first? Did you warm the mug? Is his whole milk or two percent?
Speaker 2: He said?
Speaker 4: If anything was off, even by a tiny bit, she'd sigh and say it wasn't as good as when I do it the right way. One morning, she literally took the mug from me, dumped it down the sink, and started the process herself, while ranting that I never do it right anyway. I got frustrated and told her, if you're gonna be this picky, just make your own damn coffee. I'm done making something, only to be told how it's wrong every time. Then she got upset, said I was overreacting. I just want my coffee a certain way, and you should respect my preferences. I argued that I was respecting her preference, so I just didn't appreciate the constant criticism or micromanaging. She said, I was lazy and unaccommodating. Am I the tool for telling my girlfriend I can't make her coffee anymore?
Speaker 2: No, she's the tool. And listen, if you marry this woman, life is only gonna get worse. Man. It starts with the coffee. Then you did the meat low frong. Then you parked your car wrong. You need drop her right now.
Speaker 3: First of all, typical the woman overreacts and to act like a crazy person. And if the may reciprocates in kind, they're overreacting.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: They're the jerk.
Speaker 4: I don't agree with that.
Speaker 1: So typical typical.
Speaker 3: Oh you can act crazy, but no one else can act crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see that.
Speaker 3: Second of all, this is really if you have a good relationship, you just simply hand her a cup of coffee in the morning and she says this, did you do this? And say, look, I've been doing this for two years. And I really enjoy doing it for you because I love you so much and I think it's sweet that I can do that for you. But it's become too complicated. I probably think you need to do this yourself. And she'll probably go, okay, you know what I will because I am being very specific.
Speaker 1: That's about as simple.
Speaker 2: That's it. Do that, and then while she's still in bed waking up, drink your coffee. Go oh, this is so delicious. I'll warm the mug so good.
Speaker 4: Isn't this part of grooming and control? Just a little bit? So if the coffee goes away and they have an agreement there, what does she move on to next? Right? The way he dresses, Oh, the way marks?
Speaker 2: You kidding me.
Speaker 4: He's not listening anymore. You used to listen to me. Now you're not listening. There's gonna be something else. Well, listen, this is she's not done. This is something nice he's doing for a day.
Speaker 3: So if she's okay, you're not looking at the pattern here, You're not looking. They've been together for two years. They moved in six months ago. You ass was happy when you had your own place and she had her plays and you can make whatever Hey your place. You can make the coffee wherever you want it here, I will make it here. So they moved in together, and it's starting to chip away, right because you're right, David, she's starting to control him.
Speaker 4: Pretty because they have friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's preparing him for the next step, which is I own you.
Speaker 2: She probably even complains when you we we on the seat.
Speaker 3: Somebody was arguing about that, your lady, like, we have to do two steps.
Speaker 1: You have to just do one.
Speaker 3: Like if the girl, if the girl just has to put the seat down, that's one step.
Speaker 1: Males have to do two steps. Why is this on us?
Speaker 2: And here's one?
Speaker 3: And by the way, this why is it on us? Because you're the ones that fall in the damn toilet?
Speaker 4: Fall in the toilet? I want to touch it either, right, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: And by the way, I've never fallen in the toilet. I always looked before I sit down.
Speaker 1: You know how you saw that?
Speaker 2: You call Greg Getcher the sneak of Deacon.
Speaker 1: No, the toto apule of four.
Speaker 3: Yet you walk up to it and the seat raises automatically.
Speaker 2: Hello, Tony, would you like a we we or do this?
Speaker 3: It's starting to speak to me and I think it's Hey, sneaking deacon.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: So I saw him the other night. I forgot he's got his collar on. Yeah, all right, the priest caller. But he's a deacon, right, so he cannot get sermons. He can't wear a black shirt, right, he has to wear white. Or he had a blue shirt that's purple, I guess so, yeah, I think it's purple. He had a black jacket, no black shirt.
Speaker 2: He did my uncle Russell Whitten's funeral.
Speaker 1: We have so many rules as cafflic And then.
Speaker 2: He gets in the limo on the way back and goes, you know what I really like about your show is Dave And all the way back from Bondieville, Kentucky, we got to hear about Dave this day. I just lost the real star.
Speaker 1: Dave is a real funny one.
Speaker 2: Why do you have him on?
Speaker 3: Actually, when Dave is out, he texts and goes, oh Dave's out.
Speaker 2: The guy tells us he doesn't listen to us when Dave's on vacation.
Speaker 1: Sneaking deacon, O was he here?
Speaker 2: That's his music? Hey? Greg? Gets you? How you doing, man?
Speaker 5: Yeah? You told me to wait to after I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did. He follows orders because the sneaking deacon is good. How are you doing, Greg?
Speaker 6: Get you?
Speaker 3: I love Jackie and I saw you other night at the Policeman's Ball in Saint Matthew's.
Speaker 1: It was great to see you, brother.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it wasn't exactly Policeman's ball, but you're right, it was a very nice sentner for the Saint Matthew's Police.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm happy to be a chaplain. It's one of the departments. I'm a police chaplain.
Speaker 1: For how many How many departments are you a chaplain for?
Speaker 5: Currently? Five?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Kind of busy, wow, kind of busy, kind of busy. But you and I were talking over.
Speaker 3: Our non alcoholic drinks and uh and you said you were you know, one of the sermons you would like to give is how why we give?
Speaker 1: Why we put ashes on our forehead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have no clue on that. I'm a Christian by my Catholic.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it's funny say that, because you know, Catholics were the first Christians, and and we you know, we work very closely with all of our brother Christians. And I noticed, even though this is kind of a Catholic tradition, of the ashes on the forehead that many other denominations are also doing and now, which is pretty cool. But it all started, you know. The reasons we do that is there's a pope named Pope Gregory the Great, you know, and actually there were sixteen pope's named Gregory, So guys, I still have a outside shot.
Speaker 1: His name in there with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, now he's the pope.
Speaker 3: Usually popes are about one hundred and two years old, so yes, you've got time.
Speaker 5: I'm working on it. But yeah, and the ashes on the head comes from the Old Testament, and I know Dwight was talking earlier about that, but there's like five or six references to people pouring ashes on their head right the show. Are repenting because they realize they've come to the self, you know, realization that they are sinners and that they want to you know, atone for their sin. So that's when they started doing that.
Speaker 2: Can I pause you there for one second? Greg get your okay? Yes, And I'm I'm reading the Bible in a year this year, and so I'm reading a lot of Old Testament for the first time, and they do pour ashes on their head as repentance. But you know what else they did, they ripped their clothes off. If you read what yeah, and the Old Testament, they would rip their clothes and then put ashes on their head. Whatever happened to the rip the clothes.
Speaker 5: They would tear their They would tear their clothes as an offer of a sacrifice. And a lot of times they would wear a sackcloth, you know, which is a very tony. I don't know if you've ever been irritated by something constantly, but yeah, that would be very you know, it irritates their to wear it, but that was the way they're picking. You know, they're atonement for their sins, like.
Speaker 1: A stone in my shoes.
Speaker 5: Ashes also represent you know that we realize that, you know, when we actually put the ashes on people's foreheads, you know, we say that remember you were dust, and dust you shall return. So it it just recognizes our mortality that we are. Obviously we all have an expiration date. So it's a combination of things that you know that we got as a Jewish tradition. Some people ask me, well, why do you guys wear it on your forehead? You think you're better than everyone else, or that you're holier than everyone else, And of course that's not the case. It's just that's what the Jewish people did with those ashes in the old days. And they had a thing called the Day of Atonement, So for one day they would do exactly what Dwight was saying. They would, you know, rip, tear their clothes and they would force stuff on their head and walk around his sackcloths and everything. And so that's what we're doing on just the very first day of LFE. We're wearing these ashes, uh, and with the sign of the Cross. And the reason we put the cross on there is because it's a reminder that Jesus, you know, uh, he died for us and he took our sins. So it's a reminder that you know that we are his and that that's why we do it.
Speaker 2: I do, got it. I do. Gotta say that it looks like some priests get a little bit lazy doing the ashes, because some of them look like a good cross some of them some of them look like you're getting fingerprinted at the LMPD.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Well, I know a lot of times you'll see on TV, like Rick Patino used to coach, and if he had a game that night, he would have the ashes on his forehead when he was coaching.
Speaker 4: Uh, talk about atonement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no doubt, there's no doubt, but no great get here.
Speaker 3: That is a great exploding of why we put our ashes and again coming from the palm. Sunday would take those palms and burn them and that's where the ashes come from. So it is a great day tonight, fat Tuesday and tomorrow wall be at church getting our ashes on our forehead.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, it's one of the heaviest days of church attending, even though it's not a holy day of obligation. So a lot of people don't go to mats on weekends, they do come for the ashes. And you know, and I know you guys are talking about meat earlier, but you know one of the things that they said and back in the day that the poor people could have easier access to fish than meat. And you know, so it was no warm blooded land animals or birds that you're supposed to give up. So that's why Catholic churches have these great fish fries. And I think this is where day would come in for a commercial queue. But we all have good fit fries.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 5: But Saint Patrick, I'll brag on ours at Saint Patrick's. They won one of the trophies for the best fish fries of the decade. And our friends out there they said they've done up to twelve hundred dinners in one night.
Speaker 1: Wow, I gotta tell you, there's so many great ones.
Speaker 2: Another another benefit to eating fish going by old Testament standards. Man, it was really difficult on what you could or could not eat.
Speaker 1: But he's right, yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was the poorer people could do the fish rather than actual meat because there were more of them.
Speaker 1: But I will say Saint Bernard's.
Speaker 2: Uh St Lawrence, Saint Lawrence's.
Speaker 3: Pretty, Saint Paul's insane, Holy Trinity, we do a pretty good job. But man, those other ones, man, they do a great job. And you get some out Friday. Friday is the first fish friest who get out there and see And if you want to go see the sneak and Deacon he'll be out at Saint Patrick's.
Speaker 1: Thank you Greg for hanging out with his brother. Thank you Greg.
Speaker 5: All right, God bless.
Speaker 2: God, bless bless your brother. Get your sneaking. Deacon told him everything he knows about the ways. I'm the one that taught him how to get into secret service.
Speaker 1: He just irritates that. I don't like to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Hell out of you, and he knows it.
Speaker 4: You know what's irritating is spending thousands of dollars to fix your car.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do that anymore, baby.
Speaker 4: One of those those mystery things. You get in an accident, then the insurance company takes over. Thousands of dollars are exchanged. You got to pay five hundred bucks, one thousand whatever. You're deductible. It is so you don't care about all the other money until your rates go up. Or got a fender bender, got a scrape, got a ding here, or they're pretty good damage. You can do it all without insurance. Sometimes somebody hits you. You don't know who they are. The Simplebodyshop dot com. They have three bays right out there at the Gene Snyder Freeway and Taylorsville Road. This is simple, fast, affordable, same day bodywork, no week's worth of rental cars. They might give you a PT Cruiser. That happened to me, that was terrible. So your front bumper has an issue, repair, paint all of it. Three hundred dollars, that's right, three hundred bucks you're thinking it's going to be thirteen hundred. No, oh, the hood that can be a pain, all dinged up and dented. For five hundred bucks, your hood will be repaired and painted like news So your front bumper and your hood. You thought that might be twenty eight hundred and three thousand dollars, how about eight hundred. That's it. No gimmicks, simple, fast and affordable. The Simplebodyshop dot Com. Visit the website. You can upload your photos and they'll send you a price. But you'll already know it because the prices are right there on the website. The Simplebodyshop dot Com. How about Eatlin and Edlin. You save all that money on your car, and then you can save even more with Edlin and Edlin. Right Tony, he's talking. We'll talk about Elin a little bit. Uh huh. Coming back with Reeling in the Years. I'm stumping them.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: I am News Radio eight forty whas it is time in the Years.
Speaker 3: Did we lose stopped Dwight. Juliebaum, the Education Foundation is with us. Now she's gonna try to help us nail down Reeling in the Ears, which is Dave plays the songs that charted today.
Speaker 2: I got a bad feeling it's gonna be sixties because we did the eighties yesterday.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We're gonna figure it out.
Speaker 4: Okay, from my generation, we're all top twenty hits back in the day. I always like this one. I had a forty five when I was a kid. Ten ce ce The things we do.
Speaker 2: For lonen seventies. Baby, just what year of the seventies is it? What year was this song? Dave?
Speaker 4: Not quite sure?
Speaker 3: Every day, yeah, every day, just keep trying, never gets keep trying, all right.
Speaker 2: The things we do for the it's seventies.
Speaker 1: Indeed, I think I like five.
Speaker 4: On this I do.
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, I like seventy five, but it could be up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got seventy five as the floor.
Speaker 1: That doesn't help me much. This song has not helped me out.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe this next one will. Everybody roll up your car windows because you're gonna be a little embarrassed to sing along to it, but you are going to, I promise you. Barry Man alone, Oh when will I see you again? In New England?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: In New England weeking in New England. I still kind of liked seventy five or six on this.
Speaker 1: I thought you were a fan of Oh.
Speaker 2: I am a fan of Oh, but I'm a recent fan of lo.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I want later seventies. Now, look, I want like seventy seven maybe, Oh that's the year I was born. Uh, Julie, So you wouldn't know it all, I don't know. You're no help to zero.
Speaker 1: This is no help.
Speaker 7: Thank you chorus, Here we go, When will you let me touch it me? Oh, that's wrong, verse wrong, verse shoes, Oh touch you go boy.
Speaker 1: All right, you are doing a really good job of confusing us.
Speaker 2: Dave, thank you seventy seven.
Speaker 1: Then I met seventy seven.
Speaker 5: Eight you.
Speaker 2: You're like a beautiful song word at the end. Yeah, you're like a beautiful song.
Speaker 1: Little extra, little more grass.
Speaker 4: Oh, Dwight moves, it's seventy eight night moves by.
Speaker 2: I thought it was Dwight moves.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's seventy eight, Bro, Dwight moves.
Speaker 2: A little too tall, couldn't use a few bows.
Speaker 4: That's not Dwight moves. It is Dwight moves.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hollow around.
Speaker 2: She was at black Yap, you know, would have been guys and points stick away time a right way.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Jim Goodwin used to own Beggars Banquet in Louisville, Kentucky, was right down here next to the Convention Center, and he had Bob Seger play before Bob Seger was Bob Seger like in seventy three seventy four. Okay, this song came afterwards. Some people think the song main Street from Bob Seger is written about Louisville.
Speaker 2: I always said my favorite line on this is I used her. She used me and I used her and neither one cared. Julie, does that count interesting to you at any way?
Speaker 1: Or shaker for.
Speaker 3: Your advance Yeah, but your advances are she has. She's impervious to your advances.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Steve Miller band making an appearance.
Speaker 3: This is seventy seven. This is seventy seventy, Yeah, seventy seven. I was coming in, Yeah, seventy seven. I think it's seventy seven.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 6: Good news to jam this.
Speaker 2: Miller gets damn probably walk give a dog a bone, yo, don't give him nothing but the microphone. Don't stop. I ain't finished yet. You say I'm cozy d You wait, that's a different version of somebody sample. I think it was EPMD sampled.
Speaker 1: This song, Oh boy, and you fit your own name in it?
Speaker 2: So I did. I like to do that every once in a while.
Speaker 1: I'm like going like seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I do too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, two more for you boys. Let's get these guys are kind of big. Back in the day the Eagles from Fly Like an Eagle, pluralize it new kid in Town?
Speaker 1: Okay, is that hotel California?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, no earlier.
Speaker 2: This is an off hold of California.
Speaker 4: Though, no it's not, but a good question.
Speaker 2: Where are the Eagles from Rogerish California? Johnny come lately, Julie, we're gonna have.
Speaker 3: To separate YouTube like six or seven. I'm on seventy seven. Bro, He's gonna play the number one song and we're gonna know it on.
Speaker 4: March the fourth. Back in the day, the Nose Nose theme from A Star Is Born.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is five or six seventy six? Yeah, that's five n seventy six. I think it's seventy six now, nineteen seventy six. The Star Is Born with Barbara Streisand and Chris Christofferson.
Speaker 4: He was the first crisscross at one point.
Speaker 1: Barbara Sex symbol time out though summers.
Speaker 2: Usually movies like that get released in the summer. I think it might be seventy seventy six or seventy seven.
Speaker 1: I don't know you all right, I'm going give me the ball here, all right, give me the ball.
Speaker 2: Here's my ball.
Speaker 1: Clear the lane. I'm going to the rim.
Speaker 3: Tony take my ball, thank you, nineteen six, Dave Jennings, seventy six.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 4: I rather cleverly left out any disco songs. You'll notice that.
Speaker 1: Oh damn it's later, so damn a star is born Evergreen.
Speaker 4: The actual name of the song was number one in Uh Let's see here Cliffy March fourth, nineteen Yeah, yeah, yeah, seventy seven.
Speaker 6: Damn, David, I should have I.
Speaker 3: Should audible and just gone with your stupid for perday, Julie.
Speaker 2: If there are only something you could do to make me feel better.
Speaker 1: At you right back after this.
Speaker 3: But first, Edland and Edland folks, if you have a house, you're selling it, go one percent commission rate. There's no haggling, none of that stuff. They sold half of all the one percent Commission sales last year were all Eatland and Edland. You gotta go with Eatland and England five nine nine twenty eight hundred, or go to Edland dot com and use the sliding scale five nine nine twenty eight hundred.
Speaker 2: Shady Raised Baby in the Oxymore Center, Julie, look at these. I'm wearing my purple Shady Race aviators right now. Ah how about that? Listen, color Rush, that's what you want to go with? The color Rush aviators or the color Rush anything for that matter. They make all the colors much more bright and vibrant. Are you a University of otill Fighting Carla fan? Go get your ufl sunglasses? Are you a Kentucky fan? They got most too, but they're in store only instward the Oxmore Center or online at Shady Rays dot com. Stick around, and we're talking about the Catholic people's society. When we come back, I need to hug Julie. Could just I'm just shutting? Why should you pushing me away?
Speaker 3: All right, we are back News Radio eight forty WS. It's nice music you got.
Speaker 4: Going on there. That's actually this guy's birthday. Oh, Paul Muriat love his blue Hello Paul Monio. He would have been one hundred years old.
Speaker 1: To wow, okay, little old for us.
Speaker 4: This song is I'm nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 3: It is Fat Tuesday, and we're gonna have fun as Catholics tonight. But there are several events that are coming up that we need to talk about with Julie Baum, Catholic Education Foundation.
Speaker 1: Julie, how are you?
Speaker 6: Hey, go morning?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: How are you doing good?
Speaker 6: Doing great?
Speaker 3: You walked over here from CEF. Yeah, I know because you grab my hand and you have your hands are freezing? Is that cold out?
Speaker 1: No, it's not, no, no, you just have circulation correct. Yeah, okay, thanks. So what are we going to tonight? Jackie did all this? I don't know what are we doing?
Speaker 6: The Catholic Charities La Roulae, Yes, yeah, I know it.
Speaker 1: Was something French. Yes, yeah, so we're going to that town.
Speaker 6: That's a benefit for Catholic charities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it'll be fine. Well, we're not Catholic charities. We are CEF Catholic Education found Foundation, And we have a.
Speaker 3: Bourbon raffle, which is it's like one of the largest bourbon raffles, if maybe the largest in the I.
Speaker 2: Was going to say I thought I was on the depression. From what I've seen, it's got to be one of the biggest one. It's the biggest one around here for sure. Right, He's incredible.
Speaker 6: Yes, So we we started this about four years ago and it has grown. Last year we sold tickets in all fifty states including Alaska.
Speaker 4: That is crazy.
Speaker 1: How do people get Catholics are everywhere?
Speaker 2: We were?
Speaker 1: We have a phone tree, we promoted.
Speaker 6: Through Facebook, all the social media sites. But we have a great lineup. So we have two lots of Pappy van Winkle.
Speaker 2: You know what lots that grabs that has hands down. I get it on my birthday every year is a Pappy and Pappy van Winkle and Big Red Still and then just some mer cherries in there.
Speaker 3: Oh. It's so when you mix, when you mix a bourbon raffle, which is the most popular thing you could do now for raising funds and throwing Catholic it's like a no brainer.
Speaker 6: So we have thirty lots, thirty thirty lots, and I mean we have the full lot of Weller, We have King of Kentucky in there. If you're a bourbon enthusiast, there is a ton of good stuff.
Speaker 2: What's the one with the little horses on top and you collect. Ye, how many is that we have? There's one that's hard to get right or not?
Speaker 6: Well, so we have two lots of blatants. We have one that has every letter so it spells out the blantons. It's pretty cool, okay, all the bottles.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then another lot we have is the International and that's really hard to get, which is like the ones that are sold in Japan, they're red and the ones that are sold in another country is black. So we also have that. So we we have some really rare, hard to get bourbons that you can win through this raffle. So we're selling tickets. There are one hundred dollars each yep. Through March twenty fourth, the raffles going to sell out.
Speaker 3: Okay, but first okay, so one hundred dollars with thirty flights correct, and so you have thirty chances to win with the one hundred dollars by correct. Okay, that's better than a lot of people are selling in for fifty one hundred and they only have one lot exactly right, Okay.
Speaker 6: We have thirty flight yeah. So yeah, So Pappy van Winkle, we have two of those but we have everything in there, ten all the way up to the twenty three.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's it's incredible. That's why you have ticket sales in every state in the in the country.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, So people don't know what Catholic Education Foundation you're part of the family for this show in whas is part of your old family also, and we support what you do because tell people what you do.
Speaker 4: I know what you do.
Speaker 3: So how many kids last year got a chance to go to private school on CEF?
Speaker 6: So Tony, before I answered that question, I want to thank you for all the old staffers. He is like our extra he's like our eight point five eight employees.
Speaker 1: The I'm the I'm adopted adopted. I get free lunch from them every once in a while.
Speaker 6: But with that help, we're able to assist three thousand, seven and fifty kids. Wow, with eight million dollars in funding.
Speaker 3: Okay, just for example, there are states that past school choice, right, like Alabama and West Virginia. Yeah, their numbers are like six hundred kids CEF and Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Without school choices.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're raising eight million dollars from scratch every year cash and sending thirty seven hundred.
Speaker 1: Kids Catholic schools in the archdiocese unreal and juhnheard of.
Speaker 6: By the way, Remember, school choice did not pass in Kentucky in November. So essentially, for those that live in the Archdiocese of Louisville, we are school choice. It doesn't matter what faith you are.
Speaker 1: Don't have to be Catholic, go CAFT school.
Speaker 6: Absolutely not. We help. We help a lot of non Catholics. We help a lot of single parents. If you cannot afford the full cost of tuition, we are there to step in and help.
Speaker 2: My neph both my nephews went to Catholic school. I mean, they've learned way more through me. But my point is they're not they're not they're not Catholic.
Speaker 1: They're not Catholic, but they went through right, They're not Catholic but went there. Yeah, yeah, perfect, exactly right.
Speaker 6: But that's look, we there's a saying that we don't teach them because they're a Catholic. We teach them because we're Catholic. That's what we are called to do is to help others.
Speaker 2: I made that up and gave that to the listen. I was at home. My phone rang it said Catholic People's Society on it said how can I help you? They said, we need a slogan.
Speaker 5: Bam.
Speaker 2: Would you just say.
Speaker 1: We don't teach them because because they're Catholic.
Speaker 2: We teach them because you finish it because.
Speaker 4: We're caflic Ya.
Speaker 1: Thank you Dwight, your inspiration.
Speaker 2: It's a kids.
Speaker 3: We've almost got him converted because we did the tour of the fish Fries in the summer picnic about five or six.
Speaker 1: He was like, oh my god, you guys are so much fun.
Speaker 2: But you got to take a test to transfer over. I figure anybody can I figured all it seems like my Christian credits would just transfer over and I can just be Catholic. But no, take our Catholic test.
Speaker 1: I think, Julie and I can get you in.
Speaker 4: Can you pull some strings?
Speaker 1: I think we can get you. We can get him in.
Speaker 2: We know some Can you pull some strings?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: What else can you pull?
Speaker 4: Alright?
Speaker 3: She e f Catholic Education Foundation? Not just the Bourbon Pool. How did he buy tickets for the Bourbon c e f l o U dot org. Okay, and then we have a we have the dinner, and then we have the salute to the game luncheon.
Speaker 6: Yes, salute to Catholic School. I'm not dinners coming up March eighteenth, looking forward to that. You're going to be there, Bishop Spaulding, Mark Spaulding back from wait to see him.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: Bill Mudd from Churchill Downs is going to be one of our honorees. Charlie Least.
Speaker 1: It's a great group, even even Greg.
Speaker 2: Yes, can I ask you a question?
Speaker 6: And keynote speakers Jeff brom.
Speaker 1: Trinity Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Kinds of question. You and I were the same table when he got inducted to the Trinity Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: I felt so bad for you.
Speaker 2: And Dave did the Did he thank you? Because I think he thought.
Speaker 1: I think he did thank you.
Speaker 2: He did, and he looked right through us to Terry miners, I think, and he think he thanked. He thank Claudia Coffee, who.
Speaker 6: Was at our table waiting, thanked everybody.
Speaker 4: Button Me and Dave we were like we were Chad Low. Yeah, she was accepting the Oscar. Thank you. He's sitting there with a tear in his eye waiting.
Speaker 1: He was waiting very It feels so bad.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. Though. It went longer and longer and he went, he thanked everybody at our table but me and Dave. I elbowed Dave and went.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, he's saving us for the last This is awesome. He's gonna bring us up.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be what he's gonna bring us off.
Speaker 1: I kind of thought, I thought, wow, uh, thank you Terry Miners my inspiration.
Speaker 2: So on a serious note, thank you for everything that the Catholic Education Foundation does. Because you all do work miracles.
Speaker 6: Well we're blessed to do it.
Speaker 3: The answer is yes. And if you were ever in the living room when a family finds sight, they're.
Speaker 6: Going it's you know, it's something that transforms families. We work with a lot of families that we work with a lot of families, but some of the families we work with are not the typical ones you would think of, and they are truly in poverty. And these families this is a way out.
Speaker 1: It changes their life forever for.
Speaker 6: Their children to get out of that cycle. And really it's a safe community place for them to go to.
Speaker 3: And by the way, the kids that our CEF kids no just problems grades or a's a plus and it's incredible.
Speaker 6: Well standards are the same for all of our kids. And look, the teachers in our classrooms don't know which kids get aid and which kids don't bringer And somebody could have a best friend in the classroom, and one kid pays full price, and the kids sitting next to them see assistance. Nobody knows.
Speaker 2: One more time. Talk about the bourbons and the raffle and how to enter.
Speaker 6: So it's one hundred dollars www dot c e f l o U dot org or right there on the front. You can go and look through all the lots, all thirty lots. It's a ton of bourbon in there. And then we're gonna draw on March. The Bourbon refle ends on March twenty fourth, and then we're gonna draw the winners on March twenty fifth. On Facebook, love you did great.
Speaker 3: You did great without rich Lecklighter and Rix Leglier by the way, has.
Speaker 6: Been voted or he has been he's the Irish person of the year. By the aoh oh, he's the Irish person of the year. The Graham Marshall of the Saint Patrick's Day Parade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, away, I can't wait. He's getting he gets to bless the beer. Yes on Thursday of course, let's go heckling. Yeah, let's do that. I'm only thank you, Julie. All right back after this, But first, Tony is breaking a.
Speaker 2: Live Tony's breaking alignment. Baby, put your mind to rest, going Louisville's Best. That's Tony's breaking a linement. Finally, listen to this a place that you can trust when it comes to maintenance or prevent maintenance on your vehicle. They're not going to say, hey, you need X, Y Z and all these extra add ons. They just want your vehicle to be safe for you and your family. That's what you get at Tony's Breaking Alignment. They put so much into that Tony's Breaking alignment. Name three generations they've been in business, and it shows they're so confident in every job they do. They don't give you just a warranty. Oh no, they give you a three year, thirty six thousand mile warranty. And that's on every single job that they do. Folks, put your mind at rescal Louisville's Best. That's my dear friends, at Tony's break Alignment. Stick around eleven o'clock eleven o'clock hours, straight away news and at the bottom of the hour, comedian Felipe Esperaza joins the show. It's on the Way News eight forty whs