Speaker 1: Did.
Speaker 2: Welcome to a new round of the Morning Show here in the SECH Network. John, hear you there, Thanks for dropping by. Sorry about nine oh six. I was trying to load some highlights standard Monday. We'll go over at Landy United and Red Bulls. We've got all the highlights for you, Hey, Gordon from ninety two nine in the game, dropping by at nine point fifteen. He and Joe Patrick had the full time report after the match in Harrison, New Jersey, brought Keeler from the soccer for USPOD. He's going to be joining us as he always does at ten o'clock. And yes, we do have some reffing down here to discuss in various forms and places and places and forms. Some of it does have to do with it Land United and Red Bulls and then some of it has to do with his beloved Arsenal and Manchester City. And it'll give us an excuse to talk about the Premier League, Morning Alex and anything else that happened in a reffing down here since and like I said, it gives us a chance to talk about them as well. So stack show whatever's on your mind after what happened Morning Ropes and ropes. We do have news about your beloved Everton and a possible someone who might be interested in owning said Everton. Morning, Derek. We'll get into that this morning, and so the next time that Nick can drop by, we will have his thoughts on this particular owner perspective owner, sorry, and we'll get what his thoughts are about what this individual or group however you want to phrase it, how they operate clubs. And so we'll get Nick's expertise on the possible, probable, maybe perhaps new discussion people for Everton. No, you didn't lose, but yeah, we'll get into the Premier League. We'll get into the possible. We'll get into the individual who's apparently interested in Everton. We'll get into that. We've got Roughing down here at ten able to join us in just a little bit, and we get the morning off and running. Okay, opening kickoff traditionally brought to us buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and kickoff Coffeeco dot com. That is not different. There's your QR code for those of you who are watching. However you're accessing us large device or small, use that QR code you get in that to kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. When you check out, don't forget to use the code soccer down here fifteen. You get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvest it in youth games, youth initiatives. Very very cool stuff from our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot com. All Right, so I don't know, and this really would take some some either search engines or looking into as to whether or not you may have seen this event or heard about this event on the weekend. But it was a it was an event that we have, you know, attached in the past, the folks like Louis Suarez and if you're hungry, it's an alleged incident at the moment, but here's how it was described on EFL television on the EFL broadcast on the weekend Preston, North End and Blackburn. Here's the particular moment as it was caught coming back into a replay situation after a red card and some revenge.
Speaker 3: Not green would what are you doing again? The game has been stops, the bull has to go back to where the free kick was was given.
Speaker 2: Just completely Yeah, So basically that was the only snippet that was there, and we played for you one more time, not.
Speaker 3: Green would what are you doing again? The game has been stops. The bull has to go back to where the free kick.
Speaker 2: Was was given just completely, so literally that was all that was there, and I play that just because that was the only part that was kind of seen. So Preston North End and Blackburn, you have a Preston North End player owen Beck who's got a red card. He's on his way off. So then so Blackburn's owen Beck is sent off. Preston North End player militant Osmitch decides apparently allegedly to take a bite out of Beck's neck. Beck is leaving Blackburn rovers owen Beck is leaving the pitch, so Preston North Ends militant Osmaitch decides in the scrum of anger to look like he wants to take a chunk out of owen Beck's neck. Striker's not going to face an FA inquiry which will likely end in a band The Liverpool Looney left with a bite mark on his neck shortly before being sent off against Preston North End Sunday. John Eustace quick to condemn Osmih's actions. Paul hecking Bottom insisted there's no him for that sort of incident in football, though he hadn't seen the footage at the time. Hecking Boham said, no, I haven't. I have not seen it or spoken to John or anyone about it. I've just been told when I did the Sky interview. Listen. All I can say is there's no place for that. We know he can't do it. Misstime tackles things like that a part and parcel of the game. You accept them. Anything that is not we know that how that's dealt with. But I've not seen anything, so I'm just going off you saying that there has been an incident. So apparently we've got a we got a red card. And the look on Abe's face in the green room is tremendous, by the way, So he'll bring in Abe, yeah, in the in the EFL Championship. Apparently this past weekend. Abe, dude, bit another.
Speaker 4: I'm just confused.
Speaker 5: I thought Louis Suarez is playing in the MLS, but I guess he's.
Speaker 2: You know, falls flying across town and well, you know, folks might be learning at the altar of our beloved Louis Farez so maybe that that is where this occurred.
Speaker 5: It's generations, and so now we're now we're dealing with as those people age into their professional careers.
Speaker 4: That's that's what's happening.
Speaker 2: Correct. So so we we had an alleged apparent bite incident in the EFL Championship between Blackburn and Preston North End this weekend, and and the video that is out. All you have to do is try and figure out if you can spell the guy's name correctly Milican osnich m I l u t I n O s m ah j a I C or you go blackburn and bite probably is a lot easier. And it's like a ten second clip. And the folks from Sky didn't quite catch it. They caught it in a replay and they really couldn't describe it. So literally, you see Osmach coming from behind and trying to take a chunk out of owen Beck. Go ahead, look it up, go go ahead, take your time, go ahead and look it up. I mean it's it's uh yeah, do blackburn and bite and you will see it. I mean it is some scary stuff. The way that Ozmai it seemed a little too enthusiastic about diving into Owen Beck from behind, but yeah, apparently possibly probably we have another byte maneuver and so yeah, we'll check on it. But yeah, that's just that was wild man. So that was that was opening kickoff this morning, because you know, when one player is apparently trying to take a bite out of another, you got to kind of have to show it. So now that I have filibustered to nine fourteen nine fifteen.
Speaker 4: Hi, what is going on? John?
Speaker 5: We here obviously coming off the heels of Sunday Night football, but also Saturday night football, if you will, with Atlanta United. I'm just trying to determine which was the worst miss call last night Brian Cook Maul's Kyle Pitts in the end zone on third and one, but on Saturday Night, Julian Hall kind of posterizes Pedro Amador And you know, both miss call obviously costs the Atlanta teams their respective results and it's unfortunate, but we marched forward and neither season has ended, so we'll we'll see how it plays out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna talk about it during Bark Killer's roughing down here segment, but yeah, it almost the Julian Hall moment almost did kind of give the Vince Carter Chris Velp kind of a move from behind. And that's the Google search for today kids. I know that you and Joe discussed it in the full time report, but you know, once again, at Landy United goes down one nil and it was a it was on a play where maybe you know, folks might have thought the ball was going to go out or had gone out or anything. And then you end up with Red Bulls pouncing on it, putting it past Brad for one nil. You have another Alexi Nadanchuk moment as Jamal earns the piquet and you're one one at the break, and then Edwin comes in and everyone's wondering, okay, why is Edwin in? Well, you bring in Edwin to run at tired legs and you get a moment like you did in the match, and then we end up with repping down here for two to two. Now that you've had it, like let's say twenty fourth about thirty six hours to kind of look at things, what else is stuck in your brain from Atlanta United in Red bull.
Speaker 5: Well, look, the other difference is now we have the result of the Philly DC match which took place yesterday, in which you did not get whatever sort of desired result you wanted. You had a couple of options, Philly winning and looking good doing it right before you head up there was not exactly the checklist we had hoped for. And so it sets you up in this manner. John, there are four games left, and there is no longer a discussion of every point matters and this and that. It was nice to get a point against Red Bulls, a place you historically have not gotten many results at the arena up there. But you've set yourself up now because you couldn't hold for those final two minutes and you dropped the extra points that maybe you were approaching grabbing.
Speaker 4: There's no way to walk around it. You're not gonna make.
Speaker 5: The playoffs if you don't pick up three points against Philly, and you're not gonna make the playoffs if you don't pick up three points against Montreal. And so I don't normally like to, you know, I joke about what's a must win game and games that remain on the schedule. I just don't think you can make the playoffs without picking up six points in your next two matches. I really don't. Maybe there's a cavalcade results that could lend you towards that over the final two games after that, but you have got to pick off some points and you got to do it with the teams that are right around you. And so that's what Saturday night meant to me. There was probably a world if you pick up the results Saturday night that maybe you could draw with either Philly or Montreal and still find your way into nine. I think that's probably gone now. I think you have to win both of those games. And so when you asked me what Saturday Night meant, that's what it was. This is a team and I'd have to go back and look, I don't think they've won back to back game since Game two in Game three of the season, right, I mean, that's what we're talking about here, right, And now you're asking them to do that at the end of the season, with all the pressure on the line, with other teams that are competing for the playoffs. You're asking them to do something that's happened literally once all season four United, and that's a tall ask. But that's what Saturday night was. That's what slipped through your fingers in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Doing the math quickly, and I'm scanning the schedule as quickly as humanly possible. It looks like it was those games in March.
Speaker 4: It was New England and Chicago. Is that who?
Speaker 2: I don't remember New England Orlando for Orlando? Yeah, four one over New England and two nil over Orlando, the back to back home matches, and then then you lose to Toronto on the road. Then you win your third straight at home, three out of four against Chicago, winning that one three nail. But your back to backers, back to backers haven't happened since March for one New England, two nil Orlando. And I'm scanning quickly, but I think you're correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that was it. And so you know, it was the start of the season.
Speaker 5: Everyone was fresh, You had players that you don't have right now, and you have to come up with it. And so I guess the good news is there's there doesn't seem to be much more math, at least in my opinion. I'm not gonna try and count and add up what would have to happen if you're not able to get three against Philadelphia. It's a waste of my time. Now, if you get three against Philly and you get three against Montreal, you're probably in a position where you could control your destiny and maybe you can afford a home draw against against Red Bull or however you want to play it. But you're not going anywhere if you don't tack off six points in the next two games. I do also want to say this in regards to Saturday Night, because it we were talking about it when it happened.
Speaker 4: Maybe people have.
Speaker 5: Shied away from it because of the result and how it's gone, but Brad Guzan was simply outstanding on Saturday Night. Just maybe there was another game a couple of years ago, but this is the one that I'm gonna probably remember as his best performance in an Atlanta United kit. Saves a PK, which at the time saves some points for you had multiple instances earlier in the game that catch you either tied or only one goal behind. I think the official tally was eight saves on the night. Not that many of them were like give me easy ones either if some were hit right at them, but with pace, with power somewhere redirected, he had a maneuver. Just an outstanding game for Brad Guzan. To even keep you in it to where you could scratch and claw for a moment, had three points and then eventually settle on the one. But an outstanding game from Goose, and I want to continue to point that out. I know a lot of people, probably myself included, I guess, maybe feel this this is the end of the road for him, But with performances like that, you know, I mean, who knows. He was just simply outstanding. And he has raised his level of play really all season long, because there was a lot of concern after what happened last year that he had lost a step, and I think it was fair to have that concern. He has stepped his level back up all season long, and Saturday was probably the best that he has looked all year well.
Speaker 2: And to your point, he's also another year of play away from the Achilles surgery, and so you get you know, your body reacclimated and everything. Last year was almost a recovery year for coming off of the Achilles injury and the surgery and all of that. And now you're a year further along. And we'll sit there and continue to say life begins at forty two your point SOFA score gives you an eight point eight for Brad. Eight saves goals prevented one point seven to one, obviously a peak I think counts for like point eight or something like that. Two punch clears, two high claims, seven shot a, seven saves from inside the box, a penalty save, forty five touches, fourteen accurate passes on twenty eight attempts, twelve of twenty six on long balls, two clearances, one aerial dual one. So a very very busy and a very big night for Brad Gazante. Obviously far and away the highest score for it Landy United on the night, courtesy of our friends at Sofa Score. So yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, and let's talk.
Speaker 4: About that PK save real quick.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a poorly taken kick, and I think that's the thing. Everyone just looks at penalty kicks and if a goalie makes a save half the time it's barely two as right his left as he's diving, it's into the center of his body. It's a poorly taken kick, and I think you judge those differently.
Speaker 4: This is full extension.
Speaker 5: He got the big mid out there, the Paul, It was able to maneuver it off the goal line. I mean, this was a really good save. And then on the flip side, as we look at the penalty kick taken by Alexi Moranchuk the first time, he's obviously stepped up and right as it was about to be taken, I was, I was there with Joe Patrick, who is Miranchuck's taking this right like that, That's who's taking it. He does just very confident and I know we've had kind of a number of penalty takers where you're like, I don't know, is this like really how we're feeling about this? Just really nicely taken low into the left corner, a well served kick, so on both ends. Nice job taking advantage of what you can at the spot offensively and defensively.
Speaker 2: No doubt, and becoming more and more comfortable, you know, acclimating if you had only met Offset. Just think where his game might be now if he had been able to meet Offset last time around. You mentioned the math, So let's get into the math, just so everybody knows what's there right now. It is Toronto at thirty six. They have played one more match, and everybody around them. Philadelphia is at thirty six, but they have two less wins. Eleven to nine. Then Montreal at thirty four points eight wins, Atlanta thirty three points eight wins Nashville, and I get this. Atlanta, Nashville, DC all at the same record at eight thirteen and nine, but Atlanta has a decided goal difference edge eleven goals better than Nashville, thirteen goals better than d C. So if it comes down to the three of them racing up and trying to chase the nine, to your point, yes, I know that we kind of have to put things aside when it comes to tow must wins and such. But right now, three points behind identical records with Nashville and DC, they'll have the tibe because of identical record and goal difference, which is substantive. So the task is there for Atlanta United, but it seems to be the zombie Union coming from absolutely nowhere now and they're now in the nine after thumping d C four nil last night, So they're at nine twelve and nine, They've scored fifty seven goals. Andre Blake is back healthy, and you're looking at Philly going okay, just what Atlanta United needed to head to Philadelphia to take them on in Chester and You're getting this group who's trying to find their mojo, and it looks like they found at least late in the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, the best thing I could say is they have not been that good at home. Four seven and four at home, so that's kind of what you're relying on. But I don't know if you're watching that game, John, it's a busy Sunday for everyone, But I'd flipped it on. I mean, it was two nothing fifteen minutes in. They got two more later down the match, and they were just absolutely dominant over and again.
Speaker 4: At this point in the season.
Speaker 5: This was this was a DC team that was in position the same position Phillies in, Like, if they won last night, they're taking a huge jump. They're probably in the playoff position themselves, and everything was out there for them, and now it's obviously going to be incredibly tough for DC to make it. But this was the DC team that had every reason to compete. They were motivated and it just didn't matter a Philly was absolutely dominant on both ends of the field. And so now you're walking into a team that's got some confidence, they got some momentum. You mentioned, they got their goalie back, and now they've got themselves into a playoff position, and unlike Atlanta, they are probably in a spot where a draw can serve them well.
Speaker 4: Here they would obviously like.
Speaker 5: The three points at home, everyone would, and they're still teams right around them that they had to be a little bit concerned. But I mean, if they can get a draw, the only team that can jump them right now is Montreal. Everyone else is gonna be behind them, So it'll be interesting to see their mindset how they are gonna come out and play on Saturday as well.
Speaker 4: But it's now time for.
Speaker 5: Atlanta to get a little careless, to get a little reckless. And when I say that, I don't mean that you push everyone forward in the fourth minute of this game here, right like, you obviously have plenty of time to play with a little bit more abandoned throughout the course. But there are gonna be times in the second half where you probably have to get uncomfortable and push for goals. And you never know how the first half plays out, but if it is tied or if you do trail, there is no confusion about what needs to happen here. I think a draw or a loss probably is going to be the end of your season with three games still left to play, I think mathematically, and maybe you get some help, maybe Toronto falters again, maybe Montreal falters again. You know, there are still ways to do it, I guess, But yeah, I do think you have to get a little careless, and you do have to come out and think three points or no points, like there's almost zero value right now to a draw. And I'd almost rather see them get dangerous and end up conceding or losing than I would, you know, play safe, take a point on the road and come home and see what happened. Like that can't happen, Like it's just you're not at that point anymore. So that could make for a potentially interesting matchup. Again, it depends on Philly in their mindset. If they're playing it safe.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what Philly's gonna do. Philly's gonna sit there and go, well, yeah, let's say, okay, when do we start our ish housing? Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing here, here's the thing that I'm hoping about Philly is they're probably feeling as good now as they have at any point in the season. They just came off of a game in which it's a similar situation for DC. As we mentioned, DC knew what they had to go and do, and Philly looked out standing. They were connecting on all levels. They're finishing in the box, their patients in the box created.
Speaker 4: Easy goals, easy goals, and so maybe they're feeling themselves a little bit.
Speaker 5: Maybe there's a little bit of overconfidence of an Atlanta United team that has really struggled on the road this season and obviously hasn't been able to get a win in a couple of feels like, I mean, that Charlotte win at the end of August was the last win. They've got a loss and two draws sinned. So maybe maybe Philly's feeling themselves a little bit. Maybe you can jump on them early, which I know that's a crazy thing to say for Atlanta United getting off to a good start and jumping on someone early, but maybe it happens. We've seen before, so you know, I'll stay in that mindset until until proven otherwise, I guess. But yeah, it's it's gonna be a game where they have to get a little bit uncomfortable as a unit. And if that's what requiring three points, you know gets out of you then so be it. But you just can't sit there and take a draw again. It does almost nothing for you in the standings at this point.
Speaker 2: All right, So what's your week looking like over there at ninety two nine a game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're just gearing up obviously. Just I mean, it's coming down to it now, and it's it's essentially like winner go home. I mean both quite literally because the next game would be a home game against Montreal, so like it is kind of a winner go home situation. But yeah, I just don't think we can undersell the importance of the three points. And so we're gonna be talking about that on Saturday night starting at six thirty with the Five Stripes Countdown, self and Garrett Chapman.
Speaker 4: We'll be back in the co host chair this week.
Speaker 5: Is we're gonna be ready to roll, and yeah, we'll talk about Atlanta, but we're gonna talk about the significance of this game. And I always like like the air of desperation a little bit. Okay, No, I don't want to be too desperate, right, you don't want to be Chicago all the way down there. Plus everyone has a game or two games in hand on you or in and stuff like that. But there's some air of desperation which sometimes can bring out the best, and that's what we're gonna be hoping for on Saturday night. Well, we'll get the coverage kicked off there at at six point thirty with everyone.
Speaker 2: Well looking forward to it. My friend is always great to catch up with you on Mondays and find out what's going on in your brain after a very very busy weekend at Ape Cord at nineteen nine the game be safe, my friend will catch up with the next.
Speaker 4: Time, appreciated John, have a go one, All.
Speaker 2: Right, there goes Abe. Abe's gonna go get properly hydrated, probably gonna run like nine miles. And wonder why we're talking about bites with players first thing in the morning. Well, it's beautiful thing about opening kickoff as it can go anywhere. Speaking of opening kickoff once again, that whole thing was opening kickoff. Why not? What the hell? It's a opening kickoff broughtch to buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee Kickoff coffeeco dot com. That's your QR code for those of you who are watching. However you're accessing us this morning, whether it is on the two hundred and eighty character app on the YouTube's or it is on the Twitch. Don't forget to use the code soccer down here fifteen. When you check out, you get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested youth games Youth initiatives is very very cool stuff for our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. All right, so that's one QR code. Here's the other QR code from our friends at Alliance Nurse Corps. If you are looking for a career in nursing for the first time, or if you are looking to take your next step in a nursing career, catch up with our friends at Alliance Nurse Corps. You hit that QR code and that takes you into Alliance Nurse Core and how they can help you in your nursing environs and career. Hit that QR code and then they're gonna ask, well, how'd you hear about Alliance Nurse Corps. You sit there and you go, well that SDHHO, Well, the full version soccer down here. I don't know if sdh yo would actually apply, but anyway, that's your QR code for our friends and Alliance Nurse Corps over thirty years of experience helping you find your career in nursing or helping you find your next step in your career at Nursing Alliance Nurse Corps, proud sponsors of everything SDH. All right, let's go through the goals before we go through the breaking news overseas and like for Ropes and for tom it is hazahs and harahs and the popping of the champagne, at least for now until it becomes officially official and you pass a standards and practices tests and things like that. But we'll get into that in just a second. All right, here's your goals and your moments and your moments and your goals. All right, so let's start things off early on. And it ended up being one nil in the match. And here was how it happened, with a play along the in line, Dante von Zier being the benefactor courtesy of our friends at ninety two nine in the game in the Odyssey, app right arm in the air for Tolkien.
Speaker 6: He sends it end of the back post Petter by Riyas will bounce harmlessly to the near end.
Speaker 5: Lineman spun back in at deflected end of the net.
Speaker 6: Bye Van's here and look like that one's gonna go out for golf kick, but it was fired back in by Carbio and Vanzier knocks at Pasco's in.
Speaker 7: It's one nil.
Speaker 2: Nothing like catching me in the middle of a drink, in the middle of a highlight. So one mill at that point. And right toward the end of the first half, Jamal earns a penalty kick situation and stepping up to take it aleximid Unchuk And here's what happened once again courtesy of our friends at ninety two game in the ninety two to nine in the game in the Odyssey.
Speaker 6: Ac right arm in the air for Tolkien. He sends it into the back post. Petter by Riis will bounce harmlessly to the near end. Lineman spun back in at deflected end.
Speaker 1: Of the nets.
Speaker 4: Bye Ban's here and look like that one's gonna.
Speaker 2: Go unless, of course, you hit the wrong highlight.
Speaker 6: Atlanta five for six on penalties and league play this year. Coronell O for action, have to go to our right. Bron Shuck standing to the right of the ball for a left footed shot gets the whistle.
Speaker 4: Aletay up to it strikes.
Speaker 1: It sco.
Speaker 6: Atlanta United has equalized out of nowhere right at the end of the first half.
Speaker 2: So second time you hit the right highlight and it's one one at the break. Okay, so it is one one, and then Rob Valentino makes a late substitution bringing in Edwin Mosquito. And Jared has mentioned this in the past, and we've talked about it. How we here on the Morning Show and those of us at SDH enjoy the prospect of going up against tired legs with a guy like Edwin Musquitto, and Edwin Musketta comes in on the north end of ninety minutes and you're going, okay, this this should be intriguing. Edwin runs like hell, just slams it in the fifth gear. For however, many minutes were on the board and it turned out to be nine by the way, So Edwin comes in, slams it into fifth gear, and you end up with a moment like this. It's the ownership of that moment.
Speaker 5: And a fresh legged Columbier moscare.
Speaker 1: Oh my watch.
Speaker 3: Off the bench into the headlines.
Speaker 4: Is that the goal that cares it luck.
Speaker 5: To you and I in life, in the fight for the playoffs.
Speaker 8: The bench and just dances his way into the box there and doesn't hesitate, just creates an inch against Ilan Eilis, and that's all he needs to pick out that top corner. No chance for Coronel. The Colombian beats the Paraguayan into the net and Atlanta United from a safe penalty from Bradcusan on one end and then an extra time Will Scaa makes the difference.
Speaker 2: So that was Callum and Kalen on the call on Apple TV thanks to Apple TV Plus and Major League Soccer. So it's two to one on the north end of ninety minutes and about twenty minutes or twenty five minutes or so, once we get past the top of the hour, we are going to talk about this play more in depth. And this is once again Callum and klan on the call on ninety two nine in the game, I mean sorry, on Apple TV Plus in Major League Soccer. So this is Callum and Kalan's version of the call late that equalized things at two too. This is their perspective on it, and this is the edited short version that appeared on social media. So this is Callum and Kaln's call on Apple TV Plus that ended up with your eventual equalizer at two to two. Here's how they broke it down.
Speaker 8: He was disappointed they didn't take all three points against Inter Miami and wanted them to get greedy and would have it settled for anything.
Speaker 1: In this one.
Speaker 4: He's continued to change the team pretty.
Speaker 2: Much to talk.
Speaker 8: We're just out a minute, stay well, ten ten stuff, And it's the center pack No one I love who stands this up.
Speaker 2: To tillan Neie. Listen.
Speaker 8: It's a courageous header from.
Speaker 2: Him, courageous because he basically climbed over Derek Williams. Uh, we'll get into this play. That was your equalizer at the ninety six of six of nine and so to two draw. Those are your highlights once again courtesy of our friends at ninety two game the Odyssey apt Apple TV Plus in Major League Soccer. So those are the four highlights. The fourth highlight we'll probably play it again when Bark comes in the top of the hour, is we go over reffing down here, And like I said, there's plenty of reffing down here to get into. We also want to get into the bronze medal for the U twenty youth national team on the women's side, and so we'll get into that. In addition to a lot of reffing down here, there's reffing down here with Michael Oliver and Arsenal in Manchester City. There's plenty of that. The fourth goal, we got to get into that too, because literally it looked like a mark from the Grand Final. And I know that bart is a great fan of the of Aussie rules football as they get ready for the Grand Final. I think Collingwood is in it this year, but I can't remember who they're playing. But yes, we get ready for the Grand Final. It's only fitting that you have a mark like we had late in the game against Atlanta United. Red Bulls will go over goal number four and actually find out how legal, for lack of a better word, that that play is. So we'll get into that. So Bartill be on top of the hour and we'll go over goal number four once again. Thanks to our friends in ninety two nine in the game the Odyssey app, Apple TV Plus and Major League Soccer. So that's where it's two two. We went over the standings of everyone surrounding Atlanta United and where things currently are in the standings in the Eastern Conference at least in the getting into the nine section of the Eastern Conference, and so the rest of the league. After the weekend, handful of matches left for everyone across the board. So standings in the Eastern Conference, it's a couple of different groups. Miami's eight points clear, four matches to go, Cincinnati's in Columbus is in. Columbus still has a match in hand. Columbus also still has one less win, both at fifty six points, Red Bulls at forty four, Orlando's at forty three. Charlotte continues to back up, even though they did get a big win this past weekend. So unhappy birthday to the Jessica Charman. By the way, Charlotte's at forty one. They have an identical record with NYC, they have a better goal difference. They're in the six. Nycfc's in the seven. Toronto is in the eight. Remember Toronto has played one more match than everyone else around them. At thirty six points, and then we got into everything all the way through DC. Chicago's at twenty nine points. New England is at twenty eight. That's the Eastern Conference. Western Conference three teams we know they're in, and LAG is at fifty eight. RSL's at fifty one, Colorado is at fifty. They're all in. LAFC is at forty nine, but they also have a match in hand. LAG has played two more matches than LAFC. If LAFC wins out, they could be the two and that would not surprise. Nothing like LAG and LAFC being the one on the two in the West. But we knew how much of a street fight this was going to be. Houston right now is the five at forty eight points, Seattle's at forty seven, Vancouver's at forty six, Portland's at forty four, Minnesota's at forty two. There is some separation between nine and the and everybody else fairly safe right now. Four matches to play, five points separating playoff in versus playoff quest. Dallas is at thirty seven, Austin's at thirty five, and it is Kansas City at thirty one. They have been eliminated. Saint Louis all Caps at thirty one, but they've only done thirty matches. That's the only reason that they are still in it mathematically, because if they win out, it's forty three points and then they would be in. But it's not looking likely for all Caps San Jose eighteen points in thirty matches five to twenty two and three sixty nine goals allowed. Nice one of four clubs that have allowed more than sixty goals this season. New England, DC and Montreal are the other three. Sixty nine goals allowed three eleven one, two eleven and two away from home, three eleven and one at home, two eleven and two away from home. They've scored thirty seven goals in thirty matches and they have given up sixty nine goals in thirty matches, so that's basically two and a third a match. Traditionally you don't win on those, all right, So that is what we're staring at in Major League soccer. Like I said, Bartle, come on in fifteen minutes, we'll talk about the U twenties, we'll talk about everything else. Nationally, you might talk about Christian Polisic whatever, since it is a national team tie in. But yes, we're gonna talk about reughing down here, goal number four, Premier League stuff, all of that coming up at the top of the hour. All right. So now that we have discussed and alluded to the breaking news of the morning, and it's news for our resident Evertonian fans. That's Ropes and Tom and everybody else. According to Ben Jacobs at all, that's and others for you and me. Freakin Group are back in advanced talks to buy farhud Macheries ninety four percent stake in Everton. Sources say a deal is getting close, but the Freedkin Group is progressing discreetly and cautiously, knowing the Everton fan base have seen false dawns in the past. Structure of any deal should want to emerge likely to be different. Freed Group Freakin Group already put two hundred million pounds into the club. One option is to convert that debt into equity. They've agreed to it. Obviously, that's what happens when you don't hit the recycle button. So here, let me hit it again, so that we got it underneath us.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Freakin Group quote. We are pleased to have reached an agreement to become custodians of this iconic football club. Focused on securing the necessary approvals to complete the transaction. Look forward to providing stability to the club and sharing our vision for its future, including the completion of the new Everton Stadium at Bramley Moore Doc. I would hope that they're looking to complete the stadium because if they don't then that would be pretty mad. That'd be maddening for everybody involved. Yeah we're gonna buy the place, but now we're not gonna. Yeah we're not gonna do it. Yeah, we're not gonna. So Everton admitting in their own two hundred and eighty character app Blue Heaven Holdings and the Friedkin Group confirmed they've reached agreement over the terms of the sale transaction subject to the regulatory approval, including from the Premier League, the Football Association and the Financial Conduct Authority. Patrick Boyland, among others over it's the Athletic close to a deal turns into a deal. I guess so, you know a spokesperson for the Freakin Group, all right, represents the latest twist in that time Everton's external debt and this is from our friends at the Athletic. In that time, Everton's external debt has risen to around six hundred million pounds almost eight hundred million bucks sought waste to finance every day running costs and their new stadium project. Once again two hundred million or two hundred and sixty six million dollars of that debt is ode to Freakin, the owner of as Roma. Freakin went on to pull out of exclusive talks with Mosheri in July, with those close to process citing concerns over Everton's debt before John Texter emerged as the new favorite, so it turned into a match raise. Speaking to skuy this month, Texter said he was confident of completing a takeover, but maintained that he could still be gazumped by a rival bid. You've been gazumped, sir. As a major lender to the club, Freakin insisted on their two hundred million pound loan being repaid in full before another takeover could be completed, leaving them close to events as they played out. TGGU also walked away from talks initially prior to acquiring Roma four years ago. Well it's TFG. It's a misspelling in the athletic and you will remember Roma, And like I said, this is where we want to bring Nick into the conversation when Nick is available, to get into the conversation somewhat in depth, to let everybody know about the Freakin group and their relationship as owners at Roma, because remember fans protested after Daniella de Rossi was sacked after four games in the new campaign. And like I said, when Nick comes in for the next time, I want Nick to add context to the Freakin Group in Roma and have everybody understand where the Freakin Group is coming from. So the Freakin Group this season, they own Roma. Four matches in I think they only had one point. They've wigged sacked de Rossi. That was not something that the fans took too kindly to. Chief executive Lena Sulliku stepped down from her role on so she demanded increased protection because of how mad the fans were. So the situation at Roma, to say it's going in the toilet is being offensive, probably the toilets. And so now for the Freakin Group, with the situation going on at Roma, they're now going to buy Everton or the ninety four point one percent stake from Fard Mashery. So they've got crap going on. They've got ish going on. It's not crap, They've got ish going on at Roma. They freaked out, they fired their manager. Fans got upset, like beyond upset, to the point to where the chief executive wanted extra protection, and then she resigned this past weekend. So that's Roma and the Freakin Group. So now the Freakin Group has come in and they're like, yeah, we're gonna buy Everton, and I think that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It turned into a match race between Freakin and Texter Tech start trying to get as much done as possible, and then the Freakin Group understanding, yeah, you already owe us two hundred million pounds. It was probably a safer deal for Farhud Masheri and his bunch to attach to Friedkin because they already owed Freakin money and if anybody else was hopping in the door to take over the most Moshery share, the Moshiery share, then the Freakin Group would have to know about it and they'd have to be kept up to date on details. And so they understand, oh, Texter is getting close, I'll tell you what. We'll go ahead. So a lot of that uh H. Estimates suggest TFG, which made money through its subsidiary Gulf States Toyota before branching into other spheres including film and entertainment's worth about six billion dollars. Hoping to succeed where others have failed, Masheri has also previously entered into exclusive talks with the Cam Group MSP Sports Capital, So that's Michael Dell and most controversially Miami seven seven seven partners, and we'd kept you up to date on everything seven seven seven when it came to their comings goings, shifting of funds, unavailability of funds, taking the wimpy approach to paying bills and buying things. Seven seven seven unable was unable to meet all of the conditions for the takeover by a June deadline. Seven seven seven, who are also being sued for fraud in New York, also let Everton around two hundred million pounds. What happens to that Money's unclear. I'm just wondering if seven seven seven two hundred million pounds actually exists. Whose money that two hundred million pounds actually is That is my question. Once again. Any deal for TFG to buy Everton's subject to regulatory approval expected before the end of the year, when Lesson they're opening four got their first point with the draw with Leicester City and everyone is chasing comment from Everton, O'sheri and the Freedkin Group. The Freedkin Group decided to just put out a release and that's where they are. So you know, all I can say is this, with everything that we have seen involving Everton and all of the different steps, and like I said, we go back to seven seven seven and Michael Dell and all of these things for the sake of Evertonians who still are building a stadium at Bramley Moore Doc looking to move in there from Guddison Park. You needed a new owner. I'm fairly certain that the next time that Nick comes in to discuss the Friedkin Group, he probably will not be too kind. But I believe it's important to have that kind of an education for all of us when it comes to what the Friedkin Group is dealing with, and who and who Everton and Evertonians are dealing with and the Premier League. If the Friedkin Group is approved to take over the far Hud Machery shares in the ninety four point one percent of Everton. So Freakin Group looks like Arian and so we'll see what is uh, We'll see what's on Nick's mind the next time that he is with us to break down everything Everton and break down everything more importantly, every everything Everton and everything Freakin Group. So we are all educated on the Freakin group and what they bring to the table on a day like this. So Morning Alex, Morning Ropes, Morning Derek, Yeah, Ropes, we didn't lose. Morning Hutch, Morning Harry, Morning Harry with tuning in early from San Antonio as he always does, very humbling that you would do. So Morning four Card Alex wondering if the osmaniik if he also had a nice canty. Maybe with the sight of fava beans. I don't know. So let's see and thank you for all jumping on the bott, Abby zeus from whatever the rest of that is. Morning Abbey, Morning Derek. And Abby got to go see Brett Goldstein at the Fox if I didn't have other stuff going on. The Boss and I were seriously debating going to the Fox and going to see Brett Goldstein. I imagine that it was a very very fun time and it was not g rated. So Abby's, like Guzan, was phenomenal. He better not decided to leave postseason. We need to be able to properly say goodbye and thank you. Alex. Brad went from never saving a PK for us to saving two or three this season. Genuinely think he's playing at his highest level. Ever, nothing that has gone wrong this season has been on him as far as Alex is concerned. And then Derek, Yes, the musketa strike was in fact ridiculous, and the morning pars Yeah, the fifty to fifty ball that earned a PK. So we'll see. Like I said, we're gonna go through everything. I know that some of it, and we may have to do this twice with Bart when he comes up at the top of the hour. We may have to do this through his arsenal lens and then have him take his rose colored glasses off. Even though it was a two two draw in and of itself that was crazy, but have him take his have him do it with his rose colored glasses on, and then with his rose colored glasses off. We may have to have him do it two ways this morning when it comes to everything all of that, So that will be very very interesting when Bart comes in once again at soccer for uspo D at Bartam's Prime nineteen comes on in about five minutes to break down everything that is reughing down here and the US national team that I want to discuss the youth bronze medal at the U twenty women's World Cup, so I want to discuss that. I want to break into that too and see what it's like. But once again, remember two Georgians on that roster that got a bronze medal for the women's side at the U twenty so very very cool stuff there as well. When it came to the events of the weekend, Kansas City and Gotham clinch playoff spots. I know, that's a real surprise. And at the NWSL Polisic extends a scoring streak. Ac Milan got a two to one win in their derby. So Gabia with the header gets the win. And here's something for you if and we'll have Kayler hodges on by the way. Yeah, we'll go over the week that will be here because this is an important point. Nick Markanick now has the USL Championship scoring record. He he's being transferred by Charleston Battery once the season is over, but he scored his twenty seventh goal over the weekend in the win over Tampa Bay tied the Charleston single season record for goal scored, matching Paul Conway's twenty seven back in two thousand and one when the Battery played in USL Division One MD Meyers got his third goal for the Battery, give him thirteen. Merchanic and Myers have now scored forty to set a USL Championship record for most goals in a single season by an attacking duo. And so keep an eye on Marchanic and keep an eye on the Charleston Battery once again. Kayler Hodges in the USL Show, joining us at nine thirty Tomorrow morning. It is Kayler tomorrow, it is Tyler. At nine to fifteen on Wednesday, hopefully we can catch up with the busiest man in the Northeast Dylan Butler at ten and one of the busiest analysts out there in college and in the USL League, Marion Crowder. We see if we can track her down at ten thirty on Wednesday Thursday, once again we'll catch you up when everything going on in hour number one and then it's the Power Hour Nino and Nico at ten and ten thirty. Then Friday, it's the weekend whip around patent pending trademark coming center hopefully rather than later, as Atlanta United gets ready for their trip to Chester and the twos get ready for a double match week because the twos play inter Miami CF two on Tuesday night, seven o'clock here on the Network pregame show seven point thirty is Your Kick? Seven thirty three is Your Kick at Land United two and inter Miami CF two. Jason will have the call on that one. Matt, You'll be there as well, Cast one thousands. It's the last home match of the season. Eliminated on the weekend by going into penalties against Crown Legacy not winning in regulation and so at Land United two got a point at Matthews in their matchup against Crown Legacy this past weekend goalstraw after night he played fantastically and once again Jad and Hibbert twelve saves on the night. Keep an eye on Jad and Hibbert the next year or so involving it Landy United in the goalkeeper situation twelve saves for Jade and Hibbert goalist after ninety minutes. Atlanta needed to win out with their matches starting with that one at Crown Legacy, obviously not getting the win and losing npks. So Crown Legacy gets two points on the night at Landy Night gets one point on the night. We're catching up with Steve Cook today for the pregame show for tomorrow, but at Landy United eliminated from postseason contention. So if you're in the area Tomorrow night, last home match of the year in MLS Next Pro for at Landy United two, go watch it. Landy United two. I'm taking on inter Miami CF two. That is once again seven o'clock pregame on the network seven thirty three kick across the MLS Next Pro Networks, and that is once again the last home match. Go see him, Go see the next wave of talent coming through for a Landy United. Go catch him for the last time at home this season, unless you're going to Chester and you're gonna go catch up with rich on the weekend because you have the first team playing on Saturday night, you have the second team playing on Sunday afternoon at three, and that'll be on the network as well. Two thirty pre game three o'clock three to zero three kick for at Landy United two Philadelphia Union two for the irregular season finale. So two matches, one on Tuesday, one on Sunday, two in a week two in one, two three four, So what is it? Six days? Two matches, six days to finish up the season. Last home match coming up on Tuesday. Then Sunday afternoon in Chester at Landy United two wraps up there MLS next Pro season in twenty twenty four against Philadelphia Union two and it's a big one for Philadelphia Union two as well, I will said, Philadelphia Union two two Philadelphia Union two as well because of playoff positioning in the Eastern Conference. So it'll be great to catch up with Steve Cook coming up at eleven thirty on our side, and you'll hear from Steve Cook in the pregame show on the network at Soccer Down here dot Mixlore dot com. As tomorrow at the Fraction for the last time in twenty twenty four, at Lant United two is hosting a match and it's Interrom Miami CF. It's Messi and Friends too coming to the Fraction tomorrow night. Abby says she's got an extra ticket if anybody wants to join. So Abby has an extra ticket to the twos. You want to go, You get to go see Abby, You get to go see the twos. Connect with Abby, go see the twos, Connect with Abbey and connect with Abby. So there you go. Very very cool stuff there. So that's the week. Excuse me, went down the wrong way. Hopefully get to catch up with our friends from Beyond Goals menering as well on Friday, and it would be Michael Parker's turn unless both he and Greg Garza are traveling the planet and helping out anyone on everyone that needs mentoring and it just needs talk soccer. So hang on a second, went down the wrong way. That's never good. So uh And also in championships once again, lack of patience at Cardiff and Cardiff's rough start has meant that manager erin Blue has been sacked as well, So Cardiff at the bottom of the standing. So people are freaking out sacked just left and right. And that's here where we are, all right, ten o'clock or ten oh one. I've babbled incessantly enough and so now it is time to bring in Bart Keeler and uh so we're gonna bring Bart in and h Bart home boy. We got plenty of reffing down here to get into. But before you look at you, leonor Ryane here this morning, yeah, busting out the leonor Ryan gear. Nicely done. How did they how did they do this weekend? Do you know? By the way, at the top.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of our athletic teams won this weekend, so very good.
Speaker 2: Well there you go, as always, and.
Speaker 1: I have nothing for the women's soccer team over Emory and Henry. So that was a good one.
Speaker 2: Well well, I mean, you know, it looks like they were. It looks like Emery and Henry. We're just playing with only two. So yeah, well yeah, Bill and Mary, Emery and Henry. They're always playing shorthanded, all right. So roughing down here, we do know that there's plenty to talk about, right, But what I wanted to do was start by discussing what happened with the U twenties though on the women's side. Yeah, getting the bronze medal in Colombia and doing it on a one hundred and nineteenth minute winner to get the bronze in an international tournament. So Hazaz and Serpentina to the youth national team and the youth twenty side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think, first off, we have to understand that North Korea does this particular competition very well, especially when you consider how they're not very good at the senior level. I won't speculate as to why they're somehow really good at the U twenty level, but just.
Speaker 2: Before military duty. Eh. But you know, there is just saying.
Speaker 1: These youth tournaments are about possibly finding some players to help with the next cycle. Right, you get two U twenty World Cups basically per cycle. So if you get one or two from each U twenty tournament, right, maybe three, then you've won. And I think we showed that there are three, four, maybe even five players that can potentially earn roles with the US women's national team coming up in you know, the twenty twenty seven cycle that we're now in.
Speaker 2: One hundred nineteenth minute winner for Maddy Dolling and it was a two to one win against the Netherlands. Bronze medal in the twenty twenty five for You twenty Women's World Cup at the Estadio El Campin in Bogata. So Americans best finish in the past five World Cups, dating back to their third and most recent title in twenty twelve, second success on the bronze medal game, last taking third in two thousand and four in Thailand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean again, this is I think this is good progress for a team that has struggled in the past editions of this of this tournament, I still maintained that the coach is Yes, Sivons has held this program back for multiple World Cups. She will no longer be coaching the U twenty side. She is being shuffled to a desk job, hopefully not for long either. But again, this is I have stayed on the same thought process for the longest, for the longest, Tide youth tournaments are great to participate, paid in. You went to see good play, you went to see some promising talent. But this was even I think, you know, this finally met expectations, John right, Like I think for the longest time, we've been like wireing a you twenty is doing well, and the fact that they get bronze, they beat the Netherlands, a country that we've been told is caught up to us, went farther than Spain, the country that we've been told has surpassed us with players, by the way, who were playing in NWSL, a league that we were told isn't good enough to compete with the.
Speaker 9: Rest of the world. That that is truly the wonderful thing here. Also, let's see so running through the superlatives. Ali Center's goal, her third of the women's World Cup after her goal in Germany was changed to an og twelfth of her U twenty career. Also scored in the twenty twenty two U twenty Women's World Cup, ends her U twenty career with four World Cup goals. Gesselle Thompson's assist her second of the attorney Pietro Tordine leaving score in the tournament finishes her U twenty career six goals in thirteen U twenty cus caps. Dudley scores twice, giving her five U twenty goals and thirteen appearances.
Speaker 2: Local whoop woop. I think that's what the kids do these days? Do they still did the whoop poop when they celebrate Euni McCormick two goals to assists all all the tournament awards announced after the twenty four FIFA U twenty one's World Cup Final in bogatav featuring Korea and Japan. Teagan why a backup in twenty twenty two Stellar Roll tournament several key saves, contributing to the eventual bronze medal SO twenty six to eleven and shots nine on three shots on goal two saves for the US compared to eight for the Netherlands seventeen corner kicks for the US match.
Speaker 1: That's pretty dominant performance against the Netherlands. Now, granted it's a bronze medal match, but you know that that is also john kind of the mentality building, rebuilding I should say of this program, where you know, in the past, the US women always take bronze medal game. Seriously, that is just as important to walk away with the medal at any level, right, And so to see the girls come out with such a powerful and meaningful performance in a match that most teams wouldn't really care about, right, I think that's fair to say the third place match is generally just like we're here. That's great again, rebuilding the mentality, the winning mentality of the program.
Speaker 2: Uh and you know the beauty of staring at my mail means this. We actually have even more breaking news and it's a venue announcement. US Soccer selects Saint Louis to hosts critical CONCACAF Nations League quarterfinals number eighteen. So US Soccer has selected Saint Louis. MO Well, that that.
Speaker 1: Actually is a good I think that's a good location. Saint Louis, you know, has proven to be a pretty well supported molest team, and that makes sense to go from Saint Louis to probably a Central American country looking like Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, maybe Jamaica.
Speaker 2: Maybe A kickoff for City Park set for eight o'clock on November eighteen. Match broadcast on every network imaginable.
Speaker 1: I think the problem is they have to fly in and out of Saint Louis International, which is by far one of the worst experiences.
Speaker 2: And Lambert So Lambert Lambert has not improved. Huh.
Speaker 1: They spend all the money on the other side of the state for that airport approval.
Speaker 2: TNT true Universo, Max Peacock and FDP Radio. First step toward their fourth straight Conker cab Nations League title. They've won every edition of the competition since it launched in twenty nineteen. Third trip to the home of the Saint Louis City sc following two dominant shutout victories in their first two visits eight one and three in Saint Louis in their careers. Ticket information pre sales Monday, September twenty third, including Friday seven. So coach a circle, President's Circle, So get your tickets, become an insider get more. There you go, Uh, visa pre sale. So it's it is a visa pre sale. I don't know if you have to show that to wander in the door. Hi, here's my visa and so there you go. You get into the pre sale. So there you go. So it's head to Saint Louis for the week before Thanksgiving to to find out what's what's going on the Oh that is.
Speaker 1: Right after the let me look at my schedule real quick. Yeah, that's the monday after Georgia host Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so you see, Now you got it. You gotta get your money squared away.
Speaker 1: No, you gotta figure out which one you're going to. If you're you're a Tennessee Uga or US soccer fan.
Speaker 2: Well, or you could just whip out. You could whip out your visa card.
Speaker 1: And sit there and go, this is gonna be I'm sure that's why they want you to use it.
Speaker 2: A plastic vacation exactly. Uh okay, So I'm going to uh tell you why don't we build to it? All right? So what do you what do you want to handle? First? Do you want to handle?
Speaker 1: I wanna I want to handle We'll get into we'll get into Atlanta United. Let's do that one first.
Speaker 2: All right, We're you gonna do that one first, Okay, So here's what we do. We're gonna replay, and like I said, this is the network version. This is the network call of Callum and Kaylan for goal number four. Callum and Cale. I know Calumri and Calen uh. And so this is Callum is Callum Williams and Kaylen Carr. This is their call from Apple TV Plus and MLS Soccer goal number four from the match this weekend. And I know that you already had some interaction with folks on social media about this particular play. So here we go provided. I, oh, I don't know, maybe if I turn the damn volume up, people would hear the thing. Good lord, you're sitting there, you turn the music down and all of a sudden it's down, and then you turn the music back up and then nothing's there. So anyway, uh, now that I've got the volume back up, let's try it again once again, courtesy of our friends at Apple TV Plus and Major Leo get.
Speaker 8: Greedy and haven't settled for anything in this one.
Speaker 2: He's continued to change the team.
Speaker 3: Pretty makes the tat fucking cross were just out the three.
Speaker 8: Minute well ten to ten stuff and it's the center back no one I love who stands this.
Speaker 1: Up to till and Nielssen.
Speaker 8: It's a courageous header from him. He was disappointed they didn't take.
Speaker 2: All three Points's nothing like It's like, okay, I turned the music down, but they don't turn the loop off anyway, so you got to hear it. Kind of one plus anyway, I know that. And as I mentioned in our number one, you're a fan, you're a fan of the grand final, the Grand Finals coming up in Australian rules football. And to be perfectly honest, looking at that play, I swear to god the only thing missing was the play by play with Callum Keillen going it's a mark you know? Is something like that from Australian What in the blue hell play?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I understand why at Lanta undded fans won't this be called a foul. It does appear that the headache the attacker jumps on top of Ommador.
Speaker 7: It does appear that he invades maybe his.
Speaker 1: Vertical personal space, personal vertical space.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, whatever modifier needs to be in.
Speaker 1: However, I think The issue that we're looking at here is the attacker doesn't use his arms or any other part of his body to gain that aerial advantage. And the other problem is Amador is backing up. He is moving backwards, possibly into the same vertical space that we're claiming he occupies. That vertical space may be occupied by the attacker at that point in time. I really didn't have an issue with this not being called I'll be quite honest, because it didn't seem to me that he used any sort of unfair advantage outside of apparently being able to jump like an NBA player. And while we want to be upset that he eventually does contact Amador, that contact is mainly because Amodor backs up into him. He seems to be the one who has gained control of that space. And again, he doesn't use his arms. He doesn't like push off of them, he doesn't push into them. It looked fairly legal. I'm really sorry, guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like I said, I mean that it turned into a it turned into an issue, and it turned into a hot button topic for goal number four.
Speaker 1: But it did, and it's not not controversial. I just think that as the referee, you look across. You know, you have some advantage with the ar, right, but if you don't see the actual foul. Again, we don't see him pushing down. You have an ar there who could have possibly given you some direction as well. But it just seemed to me that he won the position one control of that space before Amador got there. And when you look at it on broadcast, you can clearly see to me that he is moving in this way, aman or is moving that way, and he is just the one jumping and he doesn't necessarily fly into him. He goes fairly straight up and down, which is another that we are kind of looking for. You know, it's not quite the same as basketball. We do try to make sure that you have you know your vertical space.
Speaker 2: But so the principle of verticality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the principle of verticality is still somewhat applies. But again you have to be in control of that vertical space, and I don't think Amador got it unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like I said that, this is I'm gonna go back and watch the match, and then I will go back and I will Zippruder the film so I can sit there and see principles of verticality if there and any advantages or gained or anything like that. Okay, the other element of the weekend, and this gives us a chance to kind of talk about things in the Premier League as well, since we already talked about the possible takeover of Everton. Oh my god, one of the world's national nightmares might actually be over by the Freakin Group and that creates another nightmare. Just ask Nick, I'm sure is the matchup with Arsenal and Manchester City. So first and foremost, where can I'm a circom a capital s were you when this match was going on? I was.
Speaker 1: Running after teenagers amount of soccer field being yelled at by various of them.
Speaker 2: God lord, oh boy, so you got you had to you had to watch this on like later?
Speaker 1: I yeah, I had to check with it on my fot mob map as I'm going app as I'm going around in games, I thought for a second about asking one of the boys on the bench, like, hey, who's got a phone?
Speaker 7: You can give me an update.
Speaker 1: There was some hot takes, some of them included MESSI is only a top ten player, by the way, and I didn't I was on the line for that game and I I didn't jump into the conversation, but.
Speaker 2: I was, wow, mess, he's only a top ten planel.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what I wanted to we may have to do this two separate ways, and.
Speaker 1: Michael Oliver, I think that's a good place to start. I think that's the best way to start this discussion of this match.
Speaker 2: Sure, because there were a couple of moments where Michael Oliver kind of perhaps mentally went walk about as a as a middle official. And what I said to folks before you were coming in is that we might have to do this two ways. We might have to do this with you with your rose colored arsenal glasses on, and with you being as neutral.
Speaker 1: I do think I'm neutral in this sense, right. I think Michael Oliver had a not very good day at the office. I think that's fair to say.
Speaker 7: I think he.
Speaker 1: Struggled to maintain for himself the lines that he he himself drew.
Speaker 2: He actually drew lines.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, right, and watching it back, you know, listening to the commentary they were and you can tell this is coming from you know, I think it was is it grammar ly who was doing it? But coming from a former professional player, it was frustrating for them to watch a referee not be able to keep consistency, but not just consistency and like, oh, you know, not just calling fouls or not. Because I think he did an okay enough job of like trying to keep fouls at a level, right, he let some physicality go. But the problem is some of his decisions about how he managed the game, who he talked to, what yellow cards weren't weren't given, were problematic. And again I think part of his issue was, just as Robes puts out in the comments, it was a little bit main character syndrome. He felt he had to be the one to control the match, and that is his job, but he didn't do a good enough job of controlling himself within the match, and that happens sometimes. I will be the first to say I had this issue on my third game. Now, granted I'm doing three games. Michael Oliver gets won and gets paid a hell of a lot more money than I do. But I had this issue with my third game on Sunday where I was tired. It was ninety seven thousand degrees and kids and parents are going around yeapp in the whole time, and I'm just like, y'all need to stop. And so I gave a lot of yellow cards for dissent. It felt good.
Speaker 2: I see parents yellow cards, bang wish I gave the.
Speaker 1: Coach yellow card. He got mad that I called a penalty kick for his team.
Speaker 7: I'll talk about that later.
Speaker 1: But it was it was a problem with him not controlling himself. I think that was really what it was. He was unable to keep himself at an even cool.
Speaker 2: He didn't control himself.
Speaker 1: He was not an even temperament. He was not in a consistent frame of mind himself, and I think that is where we got into the trouble where, you know, some things were conversations, some things were fouls, some things were yellow cards, some things were let go completely uh, and he seemed to the fouls themselves were okay, right. I think most people you can watch like, oh, okay, some fowls were let go some more. But like that's gonna happen in any match.
Speaker 7: It's the all the other stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, he's chatting up players in the box who are just happened to be standing next to each other, you know. But then on the goal that Arsenal scores to go up to one before the half, Kyle Walker sitting there slapping Gabrielle Martinelli. No, Gabrielle Magles, you know, before the match, before the kick happens, and Gabrielle gets one up on him as scores. But it's like, so, why aren't you discussing that, which is clearly a player trying to antagonize an opponent. But two players who outen to just stand next to each other in the box is fine? Like those types of Okay, well, which one are you commenting on?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: And it happened all game where it was like, well, okay, you know, Thomas Party maybe got away with something.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Granted, Rogery, I don't know what he was doing in this game, because it seemed like he was just ready to fall to the ground anytime someone looked at him.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 1: Well, and at an incident the very beginning set the tone for Michael Oliver the whole match, but also set the tone for what City and Arsenal were trying to do. City was trying to play the victim and Arsenal was trying to play the aggressor, and he saw that throughout the entire match, and Oliver didn't really address either part side until he decided to just give yellow cards for I don't know what he was giving yellow cards for sometimes, you know, And we could talk about that particular incident of Trossard second yellow that was also a great example of Oliver not holding any line.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only thing consistent was his inconsistency. I guess you had there. There were a couple of moments that have stuck out with folks and uh and the I think the the larger element in all of this was Michael Oliver's lack of consistency. And you're wondering where the line is in any given moment.
Speaker 1: You know, It's like drawing a line in the sand during a sandstorm. Yeah, and that's kind of what it was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Or being the turf apparently at at plow Lane with Wimbledon after a flood. Don't remind me as a member the Dons. Trust God, that's going to be expensive to fix. And apparently it might be a sinkhole. Okay, so a couple of moments. Let me then this is going to be random. It probably won't be in time order. So Manchester United scores City equalizes it one Erling Holland decides he wants to pick up the soccer ball and uh sorry, I think this was too two. Sorry my beads. One of the equalizers where Holland picks up the ball throws it at Gabriel's.
Speaker 1: Heads was the equalizer at the very end. Yeah lately, Yeah, it's nothing by this. This this is not the first time Holland has done something not disagreeious, but he has a tendency to show boat after uh you know, I mean truly taunt opponents after goals. This is not the first time he's done this. And to throw the ball at the back of someone's head like that, that is possibly violent conduct. I'm sorry that just that cannot be unchecked.
Speaker 2: And that went without any kind of repercussion or anything. It's just like you threw it. I mean literally, You've got players with jerseys over here and you know, throws the throws the ball. I want to ask about, uh the the Califiori equalizer. Okay, where you have literally and because of one once again not knowing where the line is and not knowing where conversations are and where where things are, where things stand. So Kyle Walker is apparently ordered over to speak to Michael Oliver. Yes, and so called over and then he doesn't have time to recover his position before Arsenal takes a quick free kick which leads to the equalizer, and you have a moment like that, and then after that you you see Kyle Walker and Pep Guardiola getting into it because Guardiola was furious, and I imagine that Kyle Walker is in turn saying, look, I would he called me over to talk to him. That's why I was out of position, knowing how positioning is so important for Pep Guardiola. When you have a player that you call over or any of your any of your friends, and any any of your your officiating crew types, when you have a when you call a player over after a whistle in a you know, a free kick situation, what is your allowance for after the conversation is over, When is that moment happened for you and your in your cohorts? And then what's the spacing there to allow play to reset?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if there's a cut and dry answer. There does need to be for them. There should be a whistle for the restart or at least some indication of we're playing right. You do need to give that when you stop the match.
Speaker 2: There was one there either.
Speaker 1: And I did see I did physically see Michael Oliver do the you know, the arm play like come play, but like he went, you know, up and back. But it wasn't an immediate Okay, we're done talking, keep playing. There was a couple of seconds, but at the same time, you know, we're trying to get on the game.
Speaker 7: And I think the issue here was for.
Speaker 1: Was because Kyle Walker was out of position from where he normally would have been defending. But we can't penalize the team that got the free kick because we need to wait for wait, we can't just wait for players to get back into position every single time. And that's the other kind of the tightrope that we're walking here is well, what is a fair amount of time to get back? But also you committed the foul, right and Arsenal, had we not stop play to talk to Kyle Walker may have taken a freak a quick free kick anyway. And that's it's hard because you you don't want to give the attack, you don't want to nullify the attacking team's advantage, right, but you do want to try to be fair. And I don't think he didn't not have time, but he definitely hadn't didn't have time to get way back in position.
Speaker 7: But again, you're the foul was not.
Speaker 1: On the you know, right side, the third and the attacking third for Arsenal, right, it was at mid field. Yes to me, I'm going well, Kyle Walker was already out of position. So again, it's not fair for Arsenal to let Manchester City get set in a defensive formation after they've been given a free k type of thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, ish Housing, I want to get into that because that was something that Manchester City was not too fond of. Was apparently the number of folks for Arsenal going down with alleged cramps, et cetera, et cetera. Once again and going into this section, it is not something that you can you cannot assume if and correct me if I'm wrong here. It is not something that as a center ref you can assume one hundred percent in the negative. You cannot assume ish housing. You have to give the player the benefit of the doubt, but you can take evidence in its empirical nature. Clie, it am I wrong? Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, you can't be sure if a player is injured or not right because in this game of soccer. People pick up knocks and cramps and pains, painful things all the time, so you do have to allow them. You have to understand you have to allow them to have that right. But that doesn't mean that they can take forever. That doesn't mean you can. You need to wait for them to be okay. You you as a referee, can speed up the process. So it can either be you quickly call the training stuff onto the field or you say you you get your watch out like a lot of MLS rules are trying to do, is as quick in the time you're allowed to be injured basically right, and while the premar League doesn't have that stipulation, you can you can be there as a reference. I will want I'm adding the time you know, you start keeping track right then and there and to say okay, well we need to get him off the field. So there are ways as a referee that you can make this quicker. You know, I'm sorry that Manchester City Fields hard done by a Premier League thing because I'm sure they've never had any advantages given to them by the Premier League or any other never, but they do have, you know, they have some level of gripe that Arsenal was trying to waste time, trying.
Speaker 2: To you know, well but.
Speaker 1: At the same time, right, but at the same time, they're just not used to being to losing at home because they get every single advantage that's ever been afforded to any team ever. So this I think it's more about them again playing the victim mentality here and saying, oh, well, how dare you not give us the benefit of the doubt when you know the other team is there's two teams on the field, and Manchester City forgets that there are other teams and they're allowed to do things too. But no, John, I mean that's the point, right. We've had this issue with Atlanta United where teams come in and they start wasting time and it's like, well, yeah, that's they're what they're going to do, you know, But it's.
Speaker 2: Just set But it's up to the center f and the crew to understand where is housing is and absolut and navigate the rules correctly to where the ish housing doesn't get out of control.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and then that was where I think Oliver again, yeah, unable to control the match very well. He didn't take measures to either control it or quicken it right. Again, you can't stop a player from going down injured because again you don't know if they're entered or not. You can take measures to make.
Speaker 7: That stoppage quicker.
Speaker 1: Uh. And there is a yellow card given to a player on the bench for legedly telling David Riya to go down, so clearly he wasn't he wasn't out of tune to this. You know, kid hasn't even played a minute of Premier League action and he's got a yellow card, which quite honestly not the not the dumbest thing that we've done.
Speaker 2: I mean to think about it. If there's there's hold on the sidelines who hasn't played lick of action, right, and you're a manager, go to women sit there and say, okay, I need you to say this, yeah, tell right, because A when's he gonna play? B when's he gonna get another four yellows to sit there and write off? I mean in a way that is brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the seventeen year old who's really on the bench right now because of injuries and players missing time. You know, yeah, it is like that's the thing is like this is the ship housing that.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: It happens, right, And again the referee, at least in this incident, said you can't do that and gave a yellow card for it. So I mean, it's not like he didn't not deal with it. I don't think he did a good enough job of actually controlling when it happened, because again, you can't stop a player from being injured.
Speaker 7: You can, however, make things a little bit quicker.
Speaker 1: And as he showed be in tune of is this the strategy? What is the thing.
Speaker 2: Now to the moment that the that we really wanted to get into here Now, I'm not talking about Erling Holland telling to kill Arteta to stay humble after the match, and apparently that did show up on camera with audio, but the decision to dismiss Leandro Trossard, Yeah, with a second yellow. He'd been booked for pulling Savigno back, and this is how it was worded in the telegram. Arteta was furious about the decision to dismiss Trossard, who had already been booked for pulling back Savigno after Declan Rice had been sent off in similar circumstances for kicking the ball away against Brighton. I'm sorry, but that declan rerice, you don't do that, and if it got seen, it got seen. Jeremy Duku escaped censure in the game for kicking the ball away, although the City winger appeared to be kicking it towards the area he felt an Arsenal free kick should be taken. Our Teta said quote, it's obvious. It's that obvious that it's not necessary to comment on it. It's the second time this season. I'm expecting one hundred Premier League games to be ten against eleven or nine y ten this season. Let's see. It's already happened twice in five games, which is very worrying to see in the best in the best league, the Premier League. So trust Sard because of.
Speaker 1: It, I will admit this is going to be hard for me to talk about how we are because it's happened to us twice. And I think, more importantly, as mentioned in the article, the opponent did the same thing before. We got a yellow card for doing something, in my opinion, less egregious, I think. For Trossard, I understand why it was called. You know, he kicked the ball away late. It felt more like a continuation of play. Sure, it was after the whistle.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what Djoku did was way more egregious. I don't care if you think, oh, well, it's back there, that's not your ball and it's not your job to do that, right, That's that's not how this works. Also, I can use then Declan Rice was just kicking the ball away where he thought the fair kick should have been. That is a terrible terrause to use to excuse someone who, five seconds after the play has been called a foul, is kicking the ball away. And again that's the issue is Trossard looked like he was just continuing play.
Speaker 7: Now, I agree.
Speaker 1: That could can be a yellow cart the same thing we wanted in the Brighton game, when the player the ball goes out of play and he knocks the ball seventy yards down the field, could be seen as a continuation to play. I don't know why you would knock the ball seventy yards down the field like that, but can be seen because it was a rather quick succession. And that's different, I think than knocking the ball.
Speaker 7: Away for a free kick.
Speaker 1: Right, Because what Declan Rice did was not a continuation to play. That's very true. He knocked the ball away after a foulben call walking away, he sees the ball, he knocks away. I understand why a referee thing SUTs the yellow card. So what Djoku does is similar to what Rice does. But Rice gets penalized. But because Manchester City is Manchester City, they don't get it. But Troussard, who is continuing play, gets booked immediately right, and more importantly, the foul itself probably also is in a yellow.
Speaker 7: Card given the context of the match.
Speaker 1: And that's the other issue is if the yellow cards for the foul that's a really soft yellow card and the context of the match that he has called, right, the yellow card for knocking the ball away when City players did something more egregious. Right, It's just it's hard. I know. You can say, oh Arsenal needs to learn their lesson, and I agree. The problem is again consistency, so other teams are allowed to do it without any real p tenants or any real adjudication from the referee at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, repercussion.
Speaker 1: Oliver even yelled at Arsenal about it when Joku did it. I'm sorry to talk about it as an Arsenal fan because it has happened to us twice.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 1: It's frustrating because other teams do it and and our touches correct. Is like, well, if we're going to be this, if we're going to police it this hard, yeah, then you're gonna have a lot of games where you're gonna have ten nine players on the field. And I think we go back to the game last.
Speaker 7: Year between these two these two teams.
Speaker 1: When a City player was on a yellow card and did something that should have been deemed a second yellow but wasn't given because Michael Oliver quote didn't want to affect the game. Yet this in the first half. Now, again, cross Art shouldn't be putting yourself in this. You know, the first yellow card stopping a promising attack not great. Second yellow card avoidable. They're both avoidable. But again, why does one team get extra allowances, get extra room but the other team doesn't.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying That's why I said I figured we'd have to ask you the question two separate times, for you, the the arsenal fan to discuss and for the ref to discuss. We do have the what's the muggs this morning? By the way, Sydney, Okay, there you go, Yes, I remember that trip I remember that I was.
Speaker 1: I was on I was down there.
Speaker 2: With you with your late with your late night local time phone calls to us. Yes, okay. So here's here's how Guardiola was asked about it, and Kyle Walker was asked about that moment after the match, the one that we discussed where Kyle's asked to come over. So Pep said in the future quote I will say to my players when the referee says, come and talk to me, we will not go end quote, but added that his players should have been compensated, should have compensated for the situation by reorganizing. So Pep is saying a He's like, Okay, if a ref wants my player to come over, I'm going to tell him don't. But at the same time, his players should have reorganized. If Kyle Walker was going to talk to Michael Oliver, they should have had the foregnoledge to reorganize to be prepared for something that short. Rightton, Yeah, go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's the issue, right is? I think again, even if the referee gives Walker a second two seconds, does that mean he's fully back? And again, how does that affect the attacking team?
Speaker 2: So then Walker felt Oliver should have been given him, should have given him time to get back into position. Quote from Kyle. I'm not ever going to come on national TV in national radio and start slagging people off, because there's enough of that going on around in the world. What I'm saying is I've not gone over to the referee. Me and Bukayosaka have not gone over to the referee. He's called us over. Quote. So if I'm being called over to the referee, he then should wait and allow me to get back in position before the ball is then gone over my head. So if I go over to the referee by my own accord and I'm out of position, it's my fault. But I'm in position. He's called the two captains obviously to calm the players down. I'm walking back saying, lads, concentrate nothing stupid, make sure we get through this. The ball's then going over my head. Me and Mike have a very good relationship, and I think he has a very hard job, especially at the top level. So that's not me being critical of him. I know he has a hard enough job. He's got twenty two angry players screaming at him continuously. If he calls me over, if I go over of my own accord, fair enough, but for him to call both captains over and then not let me get back in position. If I was a goalkeeper, does he let me get back into my net? Of course, I'm a defender. I'm the first line of defense. He should let me get back in and be set and then blow the whistle.
Speaker 1: So he agrees that kaya soccer should have been given time to get back into position to start me in an attack. Okay, love that. Okay, so there you go. So I understand it. But this is what the laws of the game say. And this isn't specific to this instance, but this is kind of it falls under this category right delaying the restart to show a card. Once the referee has decided to caution or send off a player, play must not be restarted until the sanction has been administered. Unless the non offending team takes a quick freekick and has a clear goal scoring opportunity in the referee can wait to sanction the player until after attack. Now, but once the sanction has started, all that it says is must not be restarted after until the sanction has been administered. So in this case, he brings him over where he says, boys, stop it. You know that's the sanction. He stops the conversation. Arsenal takes the kick. Now again, you you can absolutely say he you know, I could have need time to get back. I think that's fair. But both, especially in this case, both players were both teams were involved in this right and so both players, in theory are now down a player from this particular thing. It's not an unfair complaint from Kyle Walker. But again, what you it's not fair to the attacking team to let the the defending team get completely set to take a.
Speaker 2: Freakit, you know. According to Rob Dawson earlier this morning, Erling Holland will not face punishment for them. Of course, Gabriel Mogulize in being the ball.
Speaker 1: At someone, it's not at all sanctionable, but you know, kicking the ball slightly after the play that deserves.
Speaker 7: A red card.
Speaker 2: So Dawson says. The incident was missed by Michael Oliver spotted by v R. John Brooks, who decided it did not constitute violent conduct. Source told the Four Letter of the FA happy that the incident was dealt with at the time. In Holland will not face retrospective action.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they're very happy that Earling Holland will continue to play and not have to face any punishment because you know that serves the Premier League. Well well, and it serves my fantasy, just like just like not calling past interference in the end zone against the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Serves Oh boy, oh brother. I mean that's uh yeah, that's a that's a different that's a different kind of reffing down here. That's for the college football side.
Speaker 1: I don't have a certification of that, so I won't speak, but I'll just say I don't know.
Speaker 7: Man, looked looked a little fishy.
Speaker 2: Well, like I said that, that's that's We talked about that on the college football side on Sunday mornings and Tuesday night. So that's that's when that one gets discussed. Anything else from a a reffing perspective or a national perspective, stick a feather in your cap from this weekend.
Speaker 1: However, however, well, Hank, well know, I love how that came back again.
Speaker 2: Wait, hang on, so you got to set me up for something like this? Hit it?
Speaker 1: I do credit Torri Penso. I thought that what we're seeing from MLS referees. Finally, is a good cadence to delivering decisions. I thought PENCO did a good job. Was it our penalty of their penalty, the penalty they got? Where explain exactly what happened? Right, give some sort of context, Right, this player did this, therefore this right? And I thought PENCO did a good job of like, Okay, this player was in an offside position. Okay, cool, we understand that. However, great, Okay, So we're explaining the decision, right. That's the point of these calls using the microphones is to explain the decision. And we've seen we've seen how NFL and college officials and uh find ways to better explain things succinctly, but in a detailed and uniform way. Right, More than just the call is confirmed, the call is overruled, the call stands, right, Like that is fine in some stances, right, like if you were to not if you were to have given a penalty kick in that sense, because probably deserved a penalty kick. I think that was.
Speaker 7: Fortune maybe who? Yeah, it was fortune?
Speaker 1: Who filed? I forget who was the attacker for New York? Had you called that in real time? All you need to say is after review, the penalty kick is confirmed, Boom, we're done. But if you're changing a call, you need to provide good communication as to why.
Speaker 7: And I thought Penso did it well.
Speaker 1: I thought Doitch did a good job in Saint Louis it using the however, Yes, it's sassy, but it does explain things well. And especially in both of those instances, Dych had to go back and say, like, well, all these things were fine. However there was a foul before that, which there was. Penzo also had to use the however to explain why, Yes, player was in an off side position, but because I didn't interview with play wasn't offside, which is how it worked. You can be in an off side position. It is not an offense in itself to be an off side position, as the laws of the game say.
Speaker 2: One other thing before the rest of your Monday is as you wish, according to our friends of the Canadian Press CBC at all and that is our Latin search firm for today. That is at ali E or at ali Us and others. Nearly two months after announcing an independent external review into the Paris Olympics drone spying scandal, Canada soccer, like everyone else is waiting on its findings. This is word from the CP. Canada women's coach Bev pri Span, assistant coach Jasmine Mander and analyst Joseph Lombardi are serving one year fifas suspensions in the wake of New Zealand's Olympic committee filing a complaint with the IOC's Integrity Unit alleging drones were flown over a pair of pre tournament practice sessions. Mandarin Lombardi were sent home immediately. Priestsmen initially removed yourself from coaching the opening match, but left the team after allegations of a wider culture of spying. FIFA subsequently banned all three quote from taking part in any football related activity for a period of one year end quote. Canada Soccer announced plans for the independent problem July twenty fourth, saying it would address the circumstances of the current matter, and more broadly, we will seek to understand the historical culture of competitive ethics within all of our programs. The outcome of this review will be shared publicly and corrective actions, if necessary, will be taken. More than eight weeks later, Canada Soccer is still waiting for information to share. Here's the rub Priestsman Comma. While suspended, Comma continues to get paid. The Priestsman remains a paid staff member of Canada Soccer, penning the conclusions of the review, Canada Soccer said in a statement to the Canadian Press July thirty one, Canada Soccer announced it retain Sony Reagenbogen from the law firm of Matthew, Dinsdale and Clark to handle the review. And as we wait for the review, Bev Priestman is still getting paid. H That came out a couple of.
Speaker 7: Days her continduing me to get a paycheck.
Speaker 2: And I'm guessing that basically this goes along the lines of of you know, innocent until proven guilty or the review is over, and then then we will decide that we will not pay you any further. So basically, I think what will end.
Speaker 1: Up happening is I don't see how Bout Priestman continues as head coach.
Speaker 2: If I don't see how she continues as a paid coach in any kind of shepherds space sucks for.
Speaker 1: Her because it does feel like this was put in place before she arrived, but she definitely continued it.
Speaker 2: And how is John her still employed, I know. Review mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That that's the other thing that I do wonder what will come from this is just how long this has been going on because Bev Priestman though she's been in charge, you know, for uh four years now, she got she was in charge for the twenty Yeah, she was in charge for the Olympics in twenty twenty one. So three years, I guess total that that's enough time for you to put a stop to something. But you continued it clearly, and again it does have to color the fact that y'all.
Speaker 7: Won gold in Tokyo.
Speaker 1: It just does. I hate to say it, but it does. And I know, you know, vacated national titles that don't matter. I still remember, you know, teams winning national titles. But it does call in This calls into question more than you know, Reggie Bush taking some money for some things.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Just same. But yeah, I thought it was an interesting newspeg that came out before the weekend started. Abby is inviting you outside the perimeter for the twos match tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I mean, the invitation has been extended, but that's as far as it's going to go.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, all right, So let's see. So is there anything else on your mind before the rest of your day canto. He was like, I said a priestman thing was something like that. Oh yeah, that came up to good.
Speaker 1: Nope, we got us men coming up in Let's see two weeks ten, the first Pochettino matches. He's done the media tours. Everyone's liking what we're hearing. I do want to point out, actually, John, I want to point out in his introductory press conference he said we need to believe we can win the World.
Speaker 2: Cup, right.
Speaker 1: But then I think it was I forget who he was on with, did kind of not walk it back, but say, look, our goal.
Speaker 7: Is a quarterfinal.
Speaker 1: And I think people kind of were like, well he was already walking it back, and it's like, no, no, no, there are those are two different things, because you should believe we can win the World Cup and go try to win the World Cup. But understand that look, if we do this, we've done a good job. Right, that is passing. But you want to get an A on every project, right, that's the goal, right, So and would be winning the World Cup, a C would be okay, Well make a quarterfinal or you know, maybe more depending on probably a quarterfinal might be a b at this point, I was going to say the quarterfinals, and I mean literally, that's probably what it is, right, But that if that's that's more like the benchmark I think is the better way to put it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That is what we're justifying. That's what we're measuring ourselves by. If we don't reach that, then we have failed. Right, that's what that is. But that doesn't mean you're not trying to win the World Cup. Because I got news for you. To win the World Cup, you got to make the quarterfinals.
Speaker 2: Last time I.
Speaker 1: Checked it, according to the brackets I've drawn up for tournaments I've hosted, in tournaments I played in. You know, that's just how it works. So I think he is still proving that the mentality needs to be I mean, he talks about arrogance, you know, the right type of arrogance. This is the mentality that we needed from Jurgen Klansman that he didn't bring. He brought his own air arrogance, uh and not any real structure behind it. And hopefully Pachettino can bring that level of competitiveness adding the structure of actually playing good soccer, something that York and clean'smen failed to do. But it's it is shocking John that this is the first ever US men's national team head coach from Latin America when we've had, i mean, especially Argentinians like they've Argentina produces great coaches.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Never gone there for a head coach.
Speaker 7: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the twenty first century. Well, welcome to the new as as the Alec Baldwin told uh Marco Ramius at the end of the hunt for Red October as they're going into the Harbor and Maine. Welcome to the new world.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the new world. Yes, yes, so well you all enjoy your Monday.
Speaker 2: All right, So what's what's up with the soccer for USPO?
Speaker 1: They were taking the week off and then we'll probably come back next week when we get closer to actual games.
Speaker 2: There you go, a nothing wrong with that, all right? Then take the week off, enjoy your time, and know that special people get special privileges, and.
Speaker 1: Abby is special. But I'm not driving out to Kennesoft for you.
Speaker 7: Abby.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. You're you're wonderful, but I'm not doing that on Tuesday night. I'm sorry, Wow, I'm sorry. That actually might be referring tomorrow. We're going to see if that happens, so that might be it.
Speaker 2: All right, well, all right, be good. There goes Bart and he's going to enjoy the rest of his coffee from his Sydney mug. And there goes Bart. All right. So as always, all right, let's go over the rest of the news and all the other stuff that's fit to print before we're out of here at eleven oh five, and we'll break everything down. So it looks like Barson might have to add a keeper to replace Terstagan because he was taken off the pitch on a nasty injury. Mark Andrey Terstagen undergoing surgery today after rupturing the Patel attendant in his right and in the win at Varaal. Sources have told The Four Letter the German goalkeeper was sidelined for months, unlikely to play again this season in Yucki. Paania came on in goal made twelve appearances in La Lega last season while Terstagan was out with a back problem. However, sources have told The Four Letter that Hansei Flick Deco, who's the sporting director, and other high ranking club officials will meet to analyze how to proceed without Urstagen. Options are to stick with Pania, sign a keeper who's without a club to compete with the Academy graduate, or wait until the January transfer window opens to reassess the situation. Laaliga REGs would allow Barsa to sign a free agent outside of the transfer window following the long term injury suffered by Tristagan. Remember I think that that was done by Barca when they brought in Brathwait the position player a couple of years ago. Catal and Clubberman. In excess of the league in post annual spending limit, although it has risen to over four hundred and forty four million dollars, it would be permitted to invest up to eighty percent of Tterstagan's salary in a replacement to rule. Barsa already used this season to register Inigo Martinez, Danny Olmo and Pal Victor with LaLiga did the injuries to Ronald Larrujo and Andreas Christiansen. Taylor, Novis Laurs, Carius Jordi Massip among the keepers currently without a club who could sign immediately. In the meantime, Pania continues as the number one ahead of the Wednesday visit from Hitafe as Barsia look to make it seven wins from seven at the start of the new campaign in Laaliga. Pania has been at the club since twenty twelve, impressed on loan at Galatasarai in twenty twenty two, earning a place in the first team squad Aster Stagan's back up the following year. Barsa's third choice keeper is twenty year old and dere Astra Laga, while Diego Cochin remember US international, has also been regularly involved with first team training sessions in squad's Cocin sidelined with an injury, though not expected to be back until after the October international break, so chaos with keeping once again. The WSL deal looks like it's gonna set a women's record. According to Emily Keoh, the WSL and the Women's Championship have agreed to a new deal with Barclays to remain as the title sponsor of the league's organizers announced earlier today. Source told the four letter deals with forty five million pounds or sixty million bucks, making it the biggest deal in women's domestic football history. The deals in the region of fifteen million pounds annually over three years, double the Bank's previous agreement is the two league title sponsor, which was due to expire at the end of this season. Excuse me, exact figures have not been disclosed. A quote from WPL CEO Nikki dous Set and more of a quote from her, so like a paragraph from her with a with an id break. Barclays became the title sponsor of the two leagues in twenty nineteen. Bank also announced on Monday extended its partnership with the Premier League, agreeing to a new four year deal. And we get a quote from Ian Wright, former Premier League player who's an ambassador, and so he got to say some nice things about Barclay's and the Premier League. So you have all of that going on as well. According to Carlo Ancelotti, the shoulder issue with Jude Bellingham is not a concern. And we mentioned how mckel arteta is anticipating he's anticipating one hundred yellow cards of red cards. He's anticipating one hundred red cards this season. One hundred. That's a lot, people, that's a lot. That's a lot of reds. So so all right, so now we've got gossip, rumor and innuendo. What to watch, Where to watch it, how to watch it? We'll get into that. So Manchester City firmly in the mix to sign Jamal Muscilla, but they face competition from Real Madrid for the Bayern Munich midfielder. England striker Dominic Calvert Lewin close to signing a new contract beyond the summer with Everton. Newcastle United continues to monitor his situation. Trent Alexander Arnold is his deal runs out next summer and so he is saying that he wants to win trophies. He wants to win trophies. Well, who doesn't, frankly and so Calvert Lewin says he's gonna Well, I mean so Trent Alexander Arnold says that he wants to win trophies. It's going to be a key part in thinking about when it comes to signing his contract extension with Everton. Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs also interested in Sporting and Sweden striker Victor yo Karesh. Now we mentioned Victor Jokaresh last Thursday actually with our buddy Nino Tortus about the turnaround for Sporting and how Yo Koresh and our buddy John Nason with his time at Coventry City, yo Koresh has really turned it around for our friends at Sporting and so it's almost going to be a topic of conversation every every single week, as it should as long as Sporting continues to win. Victor Yokoresh being looked at by Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs. Newcastle are the latest Premier League club to enter the race to sign American born Italy U twenty one for Luca Coleiochio, who has impressed at Burnley. Now get this, The Premier League, along with other leagues in Europe, are trying to agree to a plan which would mean next summer's transfer window closes before the start of the season, and that's interesting, doesn't necessarily line up with everything else, but you know, we'll be able to see if folks really do want to agree to that. But you know that there will be those other renegade leagues that will have no interest in that whatsoever. None zero bupkis not happening nowhere in the planet. And Graham Potter apparently would be interested in taking over at Everton if the job became available. What so, you're campaigning for a job that doesn't exist yet, but you're more than happy to sit there and go, well, you know, yeah, Everton, I think i'd like that one, sure, why not? Real Madrid keeping tabs on Arbi, Leipzig and France defender Castello Lukeba Villa, Fulham and Forrest are monitoring galatasar As twenty four year old winger Baris alper Yilmaz, Forest and Brighton and Spurs also interested in fellow Turkish forward Semi Kilishoy, who was at bishktas scouts at Manchester United. Newcastle and Spurs are watching English midfielder Tyler Dibbling eighteen as he scored for Southampton on Saturday. A lot of folks dibbling seems to be like a topic of conversation every single week, almost every single blanking week. We always get to discuss what's going on there. Let's see, I'm going through all of the other news. Yeah, sink hole it oh, that's sink hole it plowing looks bad. I was supposed to have Liverpool in a match in cup competition, but one end, one corner, like the near corner flag on the right hand side, just the sand grass, So that's yikes, you know, seriously. I'm sitting here and I'm looking at it as someone who is a member of the Don's trust. I look at this and I go, man, you know, you get Newcastle, you're getting a big payday, and then all of a sudden you end up with almost with just nastiness. Yikes. It's just so bad, all right. So, like I said, I'm going through all the other papers seeing if I've missed anything. The FA's investigating the alleged bite by Preston North ends Ozmayic as well they should, and so we'll see what happens there. Just why, I mean, seriously, I'm asking this question, not that we have any know, any depth of idea as to a why, but why would you feel compelled?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: Seriously, why would you feel compelled to bite somebody? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why would you feel compelled to bite somebody? Now I'm just asking, I mean, I mean, facing a lengthy band after biting apparently after biting or whatever biting is in quotation marks. So you have you have some Oh this was one I forgot to ask about. Was in Nottingham Forest where the referees changed their mind. Brighton and Forrest Nuno and hertzel Are both got sent off and so Morgan gibbs White got a second yellow in the eighty third. So Morgan gibbs White gets a second yellow in the eighty third. Because of all of the hubbub both hurtzel Or, the manager at Brighton, and Nuno, the manager at Forest, both got red cards as well, so Rob Jones didn't appear to think the tackle wanted a foul signal Gibbs White had won the ball. Thirty seconds later, his opinion changes in Forrest's number ten, who'd been booked for an earlier foul, shown a second yellow, leading to both sides getting mad. Hertzeler but the Brighton head coach and since by Jones's original decision, Nuno angered by the about face, so both of them got reds and the view was that Nuno Nuno thinks that Anthony Taylor, the fourth the influenced Jones's decision, and of course Michael Taylor was the one who had the fourteen yellow cards at Bourne with last week, and so they had him as a fourth and he didn't get the quiet day. So neither head coach prepared to speak to the media after the match, and both Ruy Pedro Silva and Andrew Crofts wanted to pour cold water on the whole thing. So that was the one I forgot to discuss with Bart was what happened with Brighton and with Nottingham Forest. And so here's here's what happened there with Brighton and Forest. Man I forgot to ask about that, about switching, switching ideas and all of that stuff. So yeah, so both Forest and Brighton were mad apparently. I mean it was a great game from the bits and pieces that I got to see. But yeah, so you had that one going for you. What to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it? Before we get out of here, and once again we'll go over the week and let you know what's going on soccer on TV. We got a lot. It's like Syria on Monday night football, all this kind of stuff. Once again, remember college soccer's on all over the place and it's its own little thing. Trust me. Today it is six o'clock ACC Extra ESPN plus, seven o'clock ESPN plus, eight o'clock ACC Extra ESPN plus clock ESPN plus and ten o'clock ESPN plus out west. Do you see San Diego, Cal Baptist on the women's side. One match George Fox in Portland that's at ten o'clock on ESPN Plus. Now the other games uh Guzi on Tip and Traps on Sport and we've got a thing with Jose Mourinho before we get out of here. That's a b in Bonn Espanol simulcasting. You can go to Finates, FNTZ dot Co slash Soccer down here and it helps out the network, It helps out our friends at Finates, and it really does turn you into a complete and total degenerate with all of the different places that you can go and watch sports. You've got all the bns, Noester tell Cdo for the fans, TA Say, Buddy Nino, Torts and Gold TV. You can watch all of that at Finates, FNTZ dot Co slash Soccer down here. CBS Sports Network is Syria two forty five at Atalanta and Como angel City in Portland and the nwsl at ten o'clock. ESPN deportis LaLiga three, Bettis and Majorca Deportees. Fox Deportees has Hondura, Liga Nacionale, Olympia Rail Associate dot at nine. The Plus has a little real Betist in MAJORCA at three. Paramount Plus has the Argentina Premira at five, La Sarsfield of Studiantes at Atlanta and Como and Fleetwood Town and Morecambe in League two. And that's where I'm going to be watching three o'clock, true degenerate stuff that Paramount Plus is doing now that they have the EFL contract as well. So that's that is all of the all the chaos that is going on today, and I want to thank all of you guys for hanging out for the chaos that has been today. Tomorrow, once again, Kayler Hodges from the USL Show dropping by at nine thirty. He will discuss what's going on USL Championship. I imagine Nick Merchanic will be a topic of a lot of it, at least they'll be the lead with what he's been able to do. And Charleston with Ben Peirman, et cetera, et cetera. We'll get into that at nine thirty Wednesday, Tyler. Hopefully we can track Dylan Butler down to talk Major League Soccer. Hopefully we can track Mary and Crowded down to talk to the SEC and the the USOD ten o'clock on Thursday Power Hour with Nino and Nico and then Friday once again we can whip around Pat and pendrink sooner, hopefully rather than later, we can all catch up with everything going on around as we get ready for Major League Soccer. It is the business end of the schedule. Folks got to do their thing at Lanta United's heading to Chester to take on at Philadelphia Union Tuesday. Once again. Remember Abby's got an extra ticket if you want to go. It's the last home match of the regular season for Atlanta United two as they take on Inter Miami CF two. They can be a spoiler when it comes to position places as they try and finish up the regular season on a high note here in twenty twenty four, and then they go to Chester Sunday afternoon three o'clock. Both of those games will be on the network for you. It is a seven o'clock pregame on Tuesday, it is seven thirty three kick. Maddie and Jason will be at the fraction for you for that one, and then we'll have the game Sunday afternoon three o'clock, two thirty pre game and three o'clock three ZHO three kick as the twos take on the Union two in Chester. Back at it again in a little less than twenty So a little less than twenty two, I'm back at it again on your Tuesday. Get you through everything and let you know what's going on. We'll go back over the rest of what happened in Major League Soccer tomorrow. Anything else that's on your mind from Atlanta United, anything else from the weekend that came through with the Premier League Arsenal Manchester City. As always, thanks to Abe, thanks to Barton, Thanks to you for dropping by for another go around of the morning show here on the SDH Network. Play safe, everybody. We will catch up with you again tomorrow. It's time for me to whistle us out of here for a close, So here we go.