Speaker 1: What is going on? Clippers fans? Welcome to season four, episode forty of Clips and Dip. I am Chuck Walckler, joined by Adam Oslind and William Updyke. We have the full crew today to talk about the Clippers crushing March so far. With one final game left against the Blazers, we got some standing stuff to check into and then the giveaway winner. Someone won the Bradley bealbobblehead and the T shirt, so there they gotta be hyped. Yes, big things happening. If you're listening to us, thank you. If you'd like to watch us, you can find us at YouTube dot com slash at Clippers podcast. Will Adam, the Clippers are ending March on a high note. How are we feeling, will How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm feeling great man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Clippers taking care of business after a couple of disappointing losses which we've already discussed, So yeah, we're feeling good. We might not be limping to the finish line in the same way that I thought, but still some difficult, very impactful, standing wise games to come. So my mook is switching an instant really, which is nothing new, but you know, the Clippers just compound that fact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the Clipper's fault this time, Adam. There's one game left in March. The Clippers can go thirteen and five, which is better than what we all kind of figured before this.
Speaker 2: I think that's exactly what I said. Actually it was thirteen and five.
Speaker 1: Is it? Someone find it? I said ten and eight.
Speaker 4: I'd say we owe the March schedule and apology. The Yeas are owning March twelve and six? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: What do I say on this podcast? Every year Iron sharpens.
Speaker 1: Iron, Babe, that is technically true. That is an updyke idiom for sure. Yeah, I can't believe I was terrified of this month. It's still rough. Losing jackson last game with the ankle is difficult, but like we've got to see we've talked about how good Garland has been it, I mean, iron Sharpen's iron, Like get in there and play eighteen games right away now that you're on this new team, Like, it's been nice to see them curiously with this moment.
Speaker 4: Know, they've been fantastic. They've had a four game losing streak and they're still gonna finish at worse twelve and six in March. That's pretty incredible. Darius Garland shooting fifty one percent from three. His fit has been perfect for this team. Lawrence Frank cooked, I don't think they wanted to trade James Harden, and they pivoted to trading him for a guy who is Like I said at the time, I don't think they're gonna be necessarily much worse. And right, they have been better. You could argue, I don't know, after the trade deadline you could.
Speaker 1: You can make it. They have been offensively, Yeah, isn't the I mean, the rating right now is nuts. Like we've been the best true shooting team. That's why they won against the Bucks for the most part. And mathns fourteen free throw attempts. There's what's the Matherine role look like? Because law had a funny tweet kind of talking about like he doesn't see Mathrin being a starter for a handful of reasons. One of them might be just because he's so good at getting free throws and the fact that he has twelve twenty point games this season off the bench. There's only two more guys in the league to have more than that. He's in a tough spot. I feel like for him because I think he could be a starter, but he is phenomenal in this role for the Clippers.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I think he's like what if he does remain in that off the bench role, Like, I think that elevates the ceiling to what he can provide for a team at his current state, you know, Like I like the sixth man the on you know, not currently uh, but the advantage team, Yeah, on a home court advantage team like that is it that? I mean, that's a team with the championship pedigree to me to my eyes. But I think that, you know, I think that that could change obviously in his role could grow. But I think this this spot where he's at is good. It's good to be.
Speaker 4: I just don't get the logic of replacing d J. Dunn with Bennick Mathern. He's not enough point of attack defender to do what they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think you're.
Speaker 4: A choice up the offense so much that's going to make up for the defense. The offense is already good with the starting group. They are one hundred and thirty one net rating with uh Darius Garland and Kawhi Leonard. You need to be better defensively. And I think the whole talk, the whole starter talk kind of veers into the casual place because who finished his game?
Speaker 5: Is how many minutes is he still playing? He's playing thirty minutes a night, Like, yeah, what's the problem here? People get so just into starter versus not starter. It's like, what matters is how many minutes they're playing, if they're playing at the end of games. I just I think it's much to do about nothing. Well and Benc matherin, Yes, of course he cares.
Speaker 4: Of course he wants to be an he's twenty three, he's one of the most competent players you'll ever see. But does that make sense for this team in the way it's constructed right now? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: And that goes to kind of what you've talked about Adam with like how his next contract looks structure wise, like maybe it's not the full four you know, straight up or something like that. It's like, here's two years with an extra option on the end or something like that. If you've really played your ass off these two years, get that other contract when you're twenty six or something like.
Speaker 2: What was Tony Allen making a twenty six.
Speaker 1: Not a lot would be my guess.
Speaker 4: If there's a guy who's going to bet on himself for that next contract after this one, Oh yeah, Mather.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I would agree with that for sure. Collins had his best game in a while against the Bucks, who had like, what was it, nine guys on their injury report. It got kind of dicey at the end of this game. Law Murray said that this was a funny quote he said, or the tweet he said, Tyler wanted to give Kawhi and Darius Garland the fourth quarter off. This team doesn't have a high enough floor to get that done. Is it hard to tell where the floor of this team is.
Speaker 4: I mean, they didn't get it closer than twelve against John Collins with backups. I know they were down a lot of guys, but you know, till the NBA it wasn't I don't think they were ever in danger to losing the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't like a two point lead. We didn't have to come in and people didn't look startled.
Speaker 4: It was good for John Collins to be out there is the focal point to get into his rhythm with those guys. He's got to.
Speaker 1: Get that juice back. It's been a little up and down with like the Colins not featuring because he's obviously not like the first choice or something like that. But it was nice to see him get into that rhythm.
Speaker 4: I want to see him hit a couple of threes tomorrow, Like the guy was the best three point shooter for I think like forty five games of the season in the NBA, right, I like to see him, you know, and he's gonna shoot sixty percent, but I just want to see him get him up shoot around forty percent, just be comfortable again. It's felt a little bit like early in the season lately with John Collins, where he just wasn't in rhythm and it took him some time. I really think he's one of those guys where his defense is affected by his offense greatly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a fair take.
Speaker 3: And then it's like coming out of a like an injury break into like a you know, a different locker room. You know, it was always gonna affect Collins, you know, like he I feel like his adjustment period into like really coming into himself and the Clippers was so much longer than any of us anticipated.
Speaker 2: That He's allowed a little leeway in this reemergence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's guys who can do like the Terrence Man thing and just kind of lock in and be like, this is my new role this week, you know what I mean? Like this is the growing pains. But some guys it's just difficult. There's not like a good or like playing for the Clippers is interesting in terms of what lineup you're going to.
Speaker 3: Be a part of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Clippers. The final test of March, it's against the Blazers. The Clippers are two and zero on the season. This is the first time we'll have played the Blazers since the trades. We're one and a half games up on them for the eight seed. Isaiah Jackson is out. The Blazers beat the Wizards by almost forty yesterday. How are we feeling about this game? This is a fun way to end Mark, which fun is maybe the wrong word, but I'm excited to watch this game.
Speaker 3: I feel a lot worse if someone had an eighty three point game. Yeah, that would suck. They've had their young guys have been scoring well the last five games. They got Denny, Grant, Kamara, and Scoot are all at sixteen to twenty points per game the last five games, so they're not We're getting another team that's kind of playing well. We got the Pacers when they were playing well. Adam, how are you feeling about this?
Speaker 4: It's close to a must win to lock up the seven eight play in match up early. You win this game tomorrow, you've got six games left, you have the tiebreaker over the Portland Trail Blazers. You still got to go there for one more, but it'd be in real good shape. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We got the Blazers second to last game of the season in Portland. This is a defensive test. The Blazers are the fourth best net rating over the last ten games. Their defense has been bad, which is great for us. But it's a defensive test, and I feel like, what are we nineteenth on the year at them?
Speaker 4: I did just check post All Star break now and they're up a little bit. They're now fourteenth post All Star break.
Speaker 1: I mean shit, I'll average yeah, I'll take that for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they are still nineteenth on the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still still not ideal. Do we think that offensive boards are going to be an issue? Klingon grabs the second most offensive rebounds per game, and they are like an actually elite offensive rebounding team. They're really good of the percentages for that.
Speaker 4: That's a great point because the Clippers have been given some off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're clinging specifically is a very good offensive rebounder. So the emphasis on the defensive glass is going to be important. To start this one.
Speaker 4: Is Robert Williams playing? Has he been playing at all? Because if he's good to go and the Clippers don't have Asad Jackson.
Speaker 1: Which we do, no one else is questionable or anything. It's just Jackson. It's out. He is playing. He played fifteen minutes against not it doesn't seem like he's playing very much. He's playing with.
Speaker 4: His injury history. I wouldn't play it more than fifteen minutes. He's the Jonathan Isaac like, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Well, he's averaging seventeen minutes a game. It's actually more than I thought it would be. But he's playing well on the glass, which the small ball lineups are going to have their hands full.
Speaker 4: Honestly, that's probably the game you keyed in on a truck. If the Clippers can actually clean the glass defensively.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. It's just it's just gonna be a lot of work from our forwards. Our forwards have to do a lot of work already in the glass and like Kawhi can do it because he's Kawhi. But this would be a good game for college right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, again, going back to Collins, Like what a time for him to get right and if he's gonna do it on the like on the defensive end, get him going, get him going all around.
Speaker 1: That'd be nice. I do think we have the edge on the bench though, Like we just talked about it, like if done doesn't start, it's math and done off the bench is really nice. Like I'm not sure who on the Blazer's bench is, you know what I mean? Like I like that as our reserves coming in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how much has Scoop been playing since he came back?
Speaker 1: Scoot stats?
Speaker 4: Is he still coming off the bench for them?
Speaker 1: Twenty one minutes against the Whiz the Wizards.
Speaker 4: And they brought in jew Holiday to kind of help him out, you know, they traded anthrety Simon's to help him. I always do in his role since he came back lately, it is.
Speaker 1: It's weird people were so hyped on him, but basketball references like tanking my computer right now, why does it can tell website that.
Speaker 4: Is and we can we can forget the scoop stuff. Yeah, it's it's too many numbies manbounding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's making my editor.
Speaker 4: Let's scoot along, Chuck. No Basketball Reference exit the tab.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he's completely frozen.
Speaker 4: I don't know why it's so heavy on the RAM or whatever. It's just it's just numbers and Excel spreadsheets, not like a bunch of videos popping up on Basketball Reference.
Speaker 2: I tell you, there's too many numbers to confusing.
Speaker 4: So big game, to say, the least biggest of the season to this point, considering you can't fall into the nine to ten play in matchup, that's really problematic because at best then you're getting okay, see if you win to play in games, and that to me, I was worried about this last year. If they got to the second round, is this going to be the full circle moment where they have to face SGA and the team that they helped build and that's the team that takes them out and it ends the two to three era completely?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: But they lost them seven to Denver, so they avoided that. I don't want to see, Okay, see, I give them a puncher chance against San Antonio. But okay see, they just have too many guys that can throw at Kawhi and g Garius Garland to guard him. I just I think that's a five game.
Speaker 3: Series, Yeah, especially like with how shaky like the backup center situation is. I don't put a lot of longevity in that series. I think that's probably a gentleman's sweep. But the Clippers do take one at home, which yeah, wouldn't at the end of the world. There is a slight chance against the Spurs. I still don't like it. But you know, if if you're optimistic for any outcome this season, that's obviously and clearly the better of the two outcomes.
Speaker 1: So it's a.
Speaker 3: Super important game and we play them one more time and once again, like our fate could be decided by a game against the Warriors to end the season.
Speaker 2: So you would love to just put this one away.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, is you know? San Antonio is still only two and a half games back at okay see, there is a chance they could flip I think a small one. Okay see beat the Knicks last night. They look pretty locked in. They have Detroit, the Lakers Utah, the Lakers again, and then the Clippers, Denver, Phoenix. It's not totally off the board because San Antonio has the tiebreaker over them, I believe, because they beat them two out three times.
Speaker 2: Hold on, we got two chucks in the stream here. I'm trying to get this sorted out.
Speaker 1: I used up all my VORP credits, so they kicks me off of Basketball Reference. I don't have any more VORP credits.
Speaker 3: We're talking potential playoff matchups and how important this how important this win is to stay out of that nine ten and where are you at? Do we even have a chance against against the Spurs or could they end up at one?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 4: Oklahoma City has the toughest schedule remaining and San Antonio has the eighteenth. What if they fly?
Speaker 1: How much are they separated by two.
Speaker 4: And a half? But the Spurs have the tiebreaker over them?
Speaker 1: Damn? And I guess how much does like okay see care about the one seed? Obviously they do. They want to win, but like, are you gonna get the MVP?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Regardless, I think will you and I were talking on a stream like a couple of weeks ago, where it was like, I want to see the team get good reps, right, I want to see good minutes for like some of the new guys against what is either going to be the number one or the number two seed. If we are coming back to into it and we're up to one, yeah, I'll lose my damn mind. But yeah, just good reps, Like let's play them close, let's play the Spurs like we have. Well, if we play the Spurs like we have this season, we're gonna steal a game or.
Speaker 2: Two coin flip series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm saying it's a coin flip, but I think they can steal a game or two and that'd be pretty rad. Like I wouldn't feel bad about that at all.
Speaker 4: I mean, if he can steal two games, it's a series. If a series goes six games, that's a series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I think the result is gonna be the Spurs probably moving on. Isaiah Jackson thinks sucks if yeah, any extended time is like that's tough.
Speaker 4: Everybody wants them to go out and get another center right now, And I'm like, what center is going to be better than just using John Collins at center? That's on the market.
Speaker 1: Oh no, there was someone on our YouTube saying we needed to sign Obama. I've gotten a lot of that Obama has shooters, which is very funny. But no, I think, yeah, I just want to see good reps. I want to see Kawhi Will. You've brought this up. He's having like his best offensive season ever. And it's a year that we're playing in the seven eight game, which is unfortunate for sure, hopefully, which is unfortunate for basketball fans as a whole. But I think we're comfortably in seven eight. We're not moving down.
Speaker 4: They lose tomorrow, they could move down.
Speaker 1: That's how confident I am about tomorrow. No. That yeah, because the Warriors, it's like they're kind of done. Like I'm not concerned about them moving up. Oh.
Speaker 4: I was surprised how well they played against Denver last night, to be honest, on the road. If they haven't quit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they haven't quit, but their roster is not very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they shouldn't catch the Clippers. It's the Blazers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they still lost by like twenty three against.
Speaker 4: Didn't. Yeah, it was like a five point game four or something like that.
Speaker 1: It might have been, but I think the Nuggets decided to start playing harder. But yeah, it's uh man, I guess. Yeah. We'll talk about this more on Wednesday. I guess we'll have a better clear picture of how I'm feeling about the standings. But I'm feeling seven eight. That's where we're going to be at. The team has played professionally for the most part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when tomorrow there, we're pretty locked in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I am worried about the offensive class though I should be.
Speaker 4: That's a problem.
Speaker 1: That's very funny. Did you guys do Player the Game picks? While Basketball Reference was giving me some kind of virus, I did not. I appreciate that, Adam, your Player of the Game pick for the most important game so.
Speaker 4: Far, I'm gonna go John Collins, got it? I want to go John Collins because once, if you can put two good games together, he might have to play some small ball five. Can he get back in that groove he was in. I need him to make at least one three in this game.
Speaker 1: Need him on the glass, need him to make at least one three. Will your pick?
Speaker 2: I'm going difference maker done in this one?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I think if we could show up defensively, apply the pressure, I think we can get out of this one. I'm not gonna say with ease, but with relative.
Speaker 1: Ease, professional win ease, like it's a just a good, good game of basketball ease. Yeah, I'm gonna go bathroom feels. We're gonna need his free throws, obviously. I need Brook Lopez to be a do good at the professor the traditional center stuff, which we've seen him do right, Like, let's be a presence on the glass. Let's make it difficult for clinging the grab in hal offensive rebounds. I want to see that. That would be nice to start the game off with that intensity, but not end it. He cannot close unless it's working, and which guys go out there broke.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think is part of the problem with the offensive rebounds as of like going against them is like it's the others. It's the smaller guys that are beating the Clippers.
Speaker 1: To them, Yeah, which a little.
Speaker 4: Bit scary, and teams are just larger overall. But some of that was without John Collins back, you know. Yeah, this is a real test though. Yeah, not having Isaiah Jackson's kind of a big deal in this game.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, all right, coming up, we're gonna talk last seven games, a record prediction, and then the Darius Garland article in The Athletic which was good. So if you're listening to us, it's gonna be a quick ad break for watching us at YouTube dot com Sack Clippers Podcast. We are still here. Quick audio break and the rest of season record talk in three two one.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back into clips and dip. We just talked the Clippers sort of miraculous march, as well as a little preview of the Blazers game. Seven games total remaining for the Clippers two and a half games out of seven, not really seeming attainable, but as we mentioned last second, we are a game and a half hop on the Blazers for that eight spot, which we could be one step closer distension, I don't want to say completely sentient, but one step closer descension with a win tomorrow. That last seven games excluding that Blazers game, we got the Spurs, Kings, MAVs Thunder back to back, and then we're back at the Blazers and then once again taking on the Warriors for the final game of the season. Fellas, let's just talk about these final seven games. We can get into what we think our final record predictions are going to be Adam, how are you feeling about this slate of seven after March?
Speaker 4: I want to say five and two, all right, maybe a back to back four and three. I thought they'd go eleven and seven in March. Wrong about that. So when any games start giving them more credit and go five and two.
Speaker 1: I think that's fair. I mean, so they split the back. I think ideally we're kind of all the same page. You probably split the back to back. Yeah, it's kind of a difficult. It's just tough.
Speaker 4: It could depend. Like, it's possible if they win tomorrow the Warriors game doesn't matter at the end of the season, right, it's possible.
Speaker 1: So they win tomorrow, beat the Kings, split the back to back, there's your three, and then you got the worries. I think I think five and two is doable, all right. I think ideally you split between the Blazers games. You win tomorrow, split the then split the back to back with the Thunder and the MAVs, and then maybe lose to the Blazers before that Warriors game, so that split with.
Speaker 4: The Blazers, lose to the Thunder. Those are only three losses. Oh, wait, that's that's not five and two.
Speaker 1: No split with the Yeah, you split with the Blazers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, all right, five and two, let's do it.
Speaker 1: We don't and then way we don't have to go on the insane run that they did last year, right when it was like, oh, we won ten out of eleven and everyone looks like they're about to pass.
Speaker 3: I'm saying we split the we split, the Blazers, beat the Thunder, end up tossing the last game of the season because it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: We're locked in at eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: So we lose one of the Warriors, one of the Blazers win the rest.
Speaker 1: The Spurs game will be difficult. That would be Not beating the Spurs would put the fan base into a frenzy this late in the season. It'd be very funny.
Speaker 3: Maybe we toss the Spurs game too, to lure them into a false sense of security.
Speaker 2: We go four and three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they already don't feel confident against us.
Speaker 4: The Clippers could really have an effect on the one and two seed there, yeah, who ends up with it. Therefore, they could have an effect on who they play in the first round, who they want to see.
Speaker 1: I would love it if if Tyler came out he was like, we want the Spurs specifically, like just just stir the pop for no reason.
Speaker 4: I gotta say the Suns. The Suns look look like a problem still, like going to Phoenix. Yeah, I'm concerned about that more than I thought i'd be.
Speaker 1: I think my anti Phoenix bias is clouding judgment.
Speaker 4: They still even without dealing Brooks recently, they still look like they have some like toughness. They look different than past years.
Speaker 1: When is the last time we even played the.
Speaker 4: Suns many sons ago?
Speaker 3: We had them like stacked early in the season. Didn't we play them like three times before the trade deadline?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We played them, we had Yeah, we played them twice in November and like a weird away series there. We played them in February and I think that's the last time we played them February. First, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: They're beating the Grizzlies tonight. Then they have the Magic Hornets, Bulls, Rockets at home, Mavericks at home, Lakers on the road, Thunder on the road.
Speaker 1: That's tough. That's a brutal end to the season.
Speaker 4: So you think the Clippers can catch them if they go five and.
Speaker 1: Two, I'm not trying to get my hopes up for catching them there. It's it just feels like they're running out of runway, like because, like you said, the Sons are playing pretty good too. They're not like Houston right now where everyone hates each other.
Speaker 2: Don happen.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, they did lose to the Bucks recently, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what do you think we sit that record wise? Obviously we're getting I don't want to jinx it totally knock on wood, but they'll be over five hundred.
Speaker 4: So what are they now? The three games over? What's the record.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine, thirty six, thirty six.
Speaker 4: So they go five and two, they're getting a forty four wins. Damn coach Luke cooked thirty five and twenty the rest of the way, they're out pace.
Speaker 1: I was wrong about that. Well you think they're Do you think they go five and two? That's a tall ward.
Speaker 2: I want to say yes, but I think that it might be four and three.
Speaker 4: I might have revise to four and three, which is we wi't think so because they won't need the Warriors game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, with one of those games being a toss to the Warriors.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 1: I like that they've set the intention to lose the game four and three with good basketball. It's like, great, we're going in with good momentum, We're feeling comfortable, like we're not having a scramble.
Speaker 4: I think that is the most realistic outcome, just because they're going to be strategic about this with knowing where they're likely going to end up, Like you got to get tomorrow's game, but not every game is going to be like that down the stretch here.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, keep playing above average defense is what I would like to see over these seven game defense. That's actually maybe the biggest thing.
Speaker 2: Could they jump to thirteen.
Speaker 1: Maybe post tradedline?
Speaker 2: Obviously?
Speaker 3: I think yeah, optimistically they could maybe get to seventeen on the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think. I mean it's kind of sucks, but after the start, Yeah, that's pretty good. Did any of y'all read the Darius Garland article in the Athletic Nod? I want to read the whole thing right now.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: There was a funny bit where it seems like the Clippers really like it seems like living in Cleveland gave him like seasonal weather oriented depression. There's a bunch of quotes about how he can just see the sun and now that he can see the sun, he's feeling good.
Speaker 2: It makes a difference, man.
Speaker 1: It really does. Dude, coming from places where there is a lot of different weather, but dark winners are not fun after a while, and being in a place with sun does help your outlet.
Speaker 4: Start calling solar power and let's go.
Speaker 1: There was a cool note about what Tyler wants out of Darius Carlin. He wants to see more aggression, less fitting in, and more imposing himself on the game. I just noticed since he's been here on Missus he gets the rebound and he's kind of jogging it up surveying instead of pushing the tempo to get to the paint early before the defense gets set. I like that. It's like Tyler being like, make people fit in around you, Like you do not need to fit in with these guys. You we need to fit in around you. Nice to see that in print from head Coach.
Speaker 4: I'll say, you're gonna get the most out of them. I saw. Coach usually is with talented guys. Remember when James Harden came in and they had that discussion like no, no, no, you need to be more aggressive, and he told them that in front of the entire team, so everybody knew, yeah, don't defer. It'll make you those passes will be much easier when they're loading up because you're more aggressive offensively looking for your own shot.
Speaker 1: Well, and there was we saw that with Chris Dunn, right, he was like his second game with Garland and he made some cut towards the basket and Garland hurled a pass at him and he just didn't see it because he was like, I'm not used to that pass coming like that. Since then, they've cleaned it up, but it's like, yeah, go into a team's gotta be weird. Where James Harden was the point guard and now you are the point guard to replace him. I can see that being a difficult fit.
Speaker 4: Some of these guys though, Just like with Kawhi, being selfish is better for the team. It helps the team. Selfish is the new unselfish.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know about that. It is funny how guys like Kawhi and Darius Garland you're like, be more selfish with the ball. And then there's guys like first name in my head is Kevin Porter Junior, where it's like you should not be as selfish with the ball. We understand that you have some skills.
Speaker 4: But Mathern has those issues sometimes still got some bad turnovers the other night.
Speaker 1: It's got a bit of the tunnel vision.
Speaker 4: Sometimes he's young, so you live with it and it's whatever. But yeah, with Kawhi, it's it's all positive him taking more shots. I think Garland is the same. I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely well. Your thoughts on Darius Garland please please. Plus it's time.
Speaker 2: Time for self care is over. It's time to harm others.
Speaker 1: I love it. All right, that's great. We have a giveaway winner that we have to announce. We have to decide on the giveaway winner. Care for those of you who missed out on this in box Bradley bealbable ahead that yeah, yeah, dead stock and you're missing out on this size medium Clippers T shirt. We will have some more giveaways thanks to a scholarship fund that was set up that I'll talk about in a second. But so the bit was we had that we asked people the best way to give these things away and we got some great submissions. I'm reading the top three. All right, giveaway idea. This is from defry guy seventy one, whoever best recaps everything the Clippers have gone through this year wins minimum two thousand words. I like that one. Next one that also birthed an idea that I'm gonna talk about after this. The next one from Nick Prophetdale, which sounds like a made up marketing guy but might be a real person. For your giveaway, I think you should have to do the best reenactment of one of lol WTF Eric's postgame drawings. Very good idea to danger.
Speaker 2: You got the Brian Semen shout out on the broadcast the other day.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, shout out Brian Semen.
Speaker 4: We did on the radio for him too. When you saw the coast was clear, Hey, Brian's doing it, I guess we could do it. I know some of these drugs are a little a little bunch time.
Speaker 1: They're an accurate depiction of what it's like to be a Clippers fan.
Speaker 4: Is art, There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: And then Jose Navarro said, fans must describe Bradley Beal as a dip and their example was the slow start dip ranch with vegetables explanation, Just like Bradley Beal this season, you tried it at the beginning, then you realize it's not hitting and you never go back to it again. A bit harsh for sure, but keeping with the Bradley Beal theme. Got hurt Fellas which one of these wonderful submissions gets to win a mint Bradley Beal biblehead and size medium clippers T shirt? What are you feeling at him?
Speaker 4: So no one actually has to do the submit. It's just grading the emissions and the ideas, but we don't actually have to do put them into practice.
Speaker 1: We're a very cerebral pod.
Speaker 4: Yes, probably the two thousand words summarize.
Speaker 3: Yeah, since we don't have to read it, it's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, so we're going I was gonna pick that one too, So defry guy seventy one fifty. You have won a Bradley be obablehead and sized medium clippers T shirt. Email us at Shavings dot Podcast at gmail dot com. We will send you this stuff. It will get to you safely, it will give you tracking, and you win. We also got contacted by someone who has a like five or ten uh. They have Norm Powell playoff Norm Powell shirts as well as some Opening Night compasses from the first game into it Dome that they are donating to us as part of just giveaway stuff. Yes, we are calling it the Rising Tides Collection. This person I figured out the name for this, so with the Rising Tides Collection, which is going to be on the way to my house soon. Thank you very much, sir person. I don't know if I want me to say their name. I think if anyone does actually write a minimum five hundred word essay about the Clippers season, I will read it and then we'll send you a giveaway for.
Speaker 2: That minimum two thousand words. No AAI, No.
Speaker 1: If you use AI. If you use AI, A will know and we'll fucking find you.
Speaker 4: So we'll use AI to find you.
Speaker 1: Don't use AI. Five hundred to two thousand words. Send just what has happened this Clipper season, put a little your own flavor on it, whatever, But we have some giveaway surpluses from the Rising Tides collection.
Speaker 4: You're starting a Clippers thrift or we're.
Speaker 1: Starting a Clipper stip store. The important thing is Defry Guy seventy get at us, email us Shavings dot podcast at gmail dot com. We will send you your goods anything else before we get out of here before this very important Blazers game. Tory Night.
Speaker 4: Congrats Guy, Congrats to Fry Guy.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a new episode on Wednesday. Hopefully it's a fun episode talking about how awesome it was that we beat the Blazers. We're gonna do a happy Hour live on Friday. Will Where can people voice their opinion for this show? And yeah, maybe just the show, just keep it from the.
Speaker 2: Show, Yeah, keep it to the show.
Speaker 3: You can voice your opinion on this show over on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. You can course listen wherever you get your podcast. You can also lead a comment on every single video. You could really let us know what you think on every given episode over at YouTube dot com. That's at Clippers podcast. But however you listen whoever you watch, you know we appreciate you, We.
Speaker 1: Very much do. Adam one positive thing heading to this big matchup against these Blazers, these egalitarian Blazers. What do we got for Clippers fans?
Speaker 4: You know, the Clippers had people worried when they lost four in a row to some lesser teams. You could say, but again, Repelicans are their own thing. It's not that the Clippers are that bad. Repelicans. It just happens. They've won five in a row. SIS, then they've more the right of the ship, seven games to play. They're in great shape, but gotta win the gotta win tomorrow, big game.
Speaker 1: Gotta win tomorrow, big game. I'm nervous, but I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Eight o'clock tip.
Speaker 1: Wow, right, God damn it.
Speaker 4: Well I like to say the late o'clock tip.
Speaker 1: Okay. On that note, this has been Clips in DPP. Thank you for hanging out, and as always, let's go Clips.